Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I am Jaseelle Bryant.
Speaker 1: What's up? What's up? This is Robert Dixon. Thank you for being here with us. Yes, Hika again again? Okay, I love you for that. I know. And it's still Virgo season. Oh season? G What do you mean? OMG? I'm overwhelmed. We've talked, We've talked about this last year. I overwhelmed by Virgo season? Why? Because I have so many Virgos in my life.
Speaker 2: Yes, you should. It's insane because we are special people.
Speaker 1: You are. I mean, I just think your parents were just alloking at the same time. I don't know, Like this is insane. I know we talked about this before, so to get it. Don't be talking about what my parants was doing. Yes, Virgo season, So how tell us how was your birthday and all that? Oh well, we haven't get there. We had moment, okay, okay, okay, do you have a reason be shady? Moment? Sure? Okay, let's hear it. Okay, So, as you know, like school is back back into the grind and one thing that I have always hated about school, was like fixing school lunches. I think I've probably talked about this before. Yes, horrible. So like when my kids were in public school, they could the lunches were disgusting, they would never eat them. So I had to fix school lunch. And then they go to a private school. And the private school this is last year. So they go to this private school last year. The private school doesn't have its own like cafeteria kind of whatever meal service, so they bring in meal service from outside. And last year the meal service was like they would pick they would get food from like different local restaurants. Nice. Yeah, nice, you would think, right. So last year it was like they would get tropical smoo one day, they would get this grilled cheese place. One day, they would get this biscuit place another day. Yes, biscuits, yeah right, yes, you would have some honey and some butter. But every day, oh the rap is suggy, the biscuit is too dry, the grilled cheese is too cheesy. I mean it was like, so I was still making school lunch last year. Okay, in other words, they were manipulating you, but go ahead. Yeah, they're spoiled, right, yes. So then this year, Corey's off to high school. He's satisfied with the lunch at the high school. Thank God, hallelujah, pray Alloyd Carter School. He's still at the same school. They changed the food service provider, okay, and it was it was like a kitchen that you know, provides all this, it has this. They send you this big old menu of all these different meals you can pick, and you know, so it looked good. It was like, oh you can do you know, spahetty or whatever, chicken tenders or cheeseburgers or sea chicken, caesar salad, just like all these different options. Right, I'm getting hungry. So I'm like, right now, I'm hungry. So I'm like so excited when I see this, I'm like yes. So he selected Carter's mealsky the first week of school and I pick him up. I was like, how was lunch? Was it amazing? And he was like, oh my god, the chicken tenders were soggy. Oh. I'm like, okay, all right, let's try it tomorrow. So then the next day, how was lunch? Wasn't it amazing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Should see robbing space right now? And she says wasn't it amazing? He's like, oh my god, the chicken was dry Jesus. Then the next day I'm like, how was lunch? I know, it was so good. I mean, so every day there's a problem with lunch. So now I'm back to making school lunch every day. I think he just wants his mother's lunch. I can't take it. I can't, Like, I just can't. But you're just doing it for Carter right one.
Speaker 2: But I really thought that I was like free, like from school lunch forever and.
Speaker 1: Ever angel the door.
Speaker 2: I'm making their own because they said mine sucks, so you need to start making them real bad and then he'll he'll get his mind right right then.
Speaker 1: So then he was like, well, mom, I'll make him myself. And I'm like, yeah, but dude, you're on freaking one leg. Oh I forgot that. So let's I love my child, I love being a mom. Shout ever, shout out, shout out to all the caregivers in the world, because oh MG, caring for this injured child. Yeah, whoa. I mean, he's getting more independent, but it's still just stuff that he just can't So, dude, what's shady the lunch or Carter, Carter, he's killing me. He's killing me. He's killing me. How much longer on the crutches? Three more weeks probably, Yeah, like three more weeks on the crutches because it will be okay at the end of this week. That will make week four okay. Actually, probably a little bit more because what's going to happen is after the so he has to be on the crutches non weight bearing for six weeks, which means he can't put any weight on his right leg. Once he can be weight bearing, yeah, he's not going to be able just to just walk around normally. So he's still going to be on crutches, but he'll be a little more you know what I mean. Like, yeah, he's got to get acclimated to like walking and doing normal things. But he's been I've been taking into physical therapy, so hopefully when that time comes, it's not like a super shock. But you should see the difference in the size of like his thighs. Oh, I'm sure. Yeah, sure, one is like majorly skinny. Yeah, and he was already skinny. So he's so cute though he is. When is his birthday? It was two days ago? Yes, No, I'm sorry, yesterday, Yes, okay, did we get a cake or something? What do we do? It was? It was September twelve, Okay, we got cupcakes. And maybe this should be I'm the shady mom, Like I really didn't because I've just been and so consumed with his surgery. I didn't have any birthday plans for him.
Speaker 2: Oh so lovely, you're Oh, you're bat a thousand on moms on momhood these days, I'm do you know what I'm I'm making school lunch.
Speaker 1: I'm the school. I'm literally putting taking care of your injured child. I'm putting his shoes on open, I'm opening the car door getting shoes on.
Speaker 2: Well no, but the fact that he is injured should have made you be like, oh, I have to make his birthday extra special, robbing, but.
Speaker 1: Like, what can we really do? He can't even do anything. You could just like but go to a bachi and get thrown in your mouth. Like we're moving on, Okay, because I have a shady moment. We're moving on. So I'm complaining about being the mom, but I'm blessed he's when. He's a great kid. He has been very compliant, very good. But I'm sick of the school lunch situation like this is just can he can you order like door dash to the school? I could, Yeah, that might help, So that can be an option. But DoorDash is expensive.
Speaker 2: Doorash is expensive, and you know I always feel like DoorDash get something, leave something outright. Yeah, I've had my door dash moments. Yes, all right, anyway, I need to get to my shady moment okay, okay, So, yes, it was my birthday, yes, and I had a great time.
Speaker 1: I was in the Big NYC. I decided to stay at a different hotel than you normally do then I normally stay, okay, right, just to try something different, try something different. I want to, you know, be different.
Speaker 2: I just didn't want to do the same because it was my birthday and I wanted to feel like I was doing something special. And Cal told me to stay at the Equinox Hotel. Okay, So I listened to Cal, so stayed there. Did not know that that's going to be.
Speaker 1: Is the Equinox related to the Equinox Gym?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, but it's right on huts, huts and yards, and I'm about to trash this hotel.
Speaker 1: It's right in huts and yards. It's completely beautiful. I loved it. However, I would never stay there again. But we'll get back to that. Okay.
Speaker 2: It was fashion week, just happened to be. Actually, they wanted to do fashion week on my birthday. That's just how New York works. They knew I was coming.
Speaker 1: They planned it that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they planned it that way. So anyway, I know it was all over the news. I know, she's all Right's birthday fashion week?
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So I everyone was staying at the Equinox Hotel. Okay, it was crowded. I was running into superstars and people that thought they were important. The whole lobby was filled with Kim Kardashian and look alikes. It was just a massa okay. So, and that for me gives me overwhelms me. Like when I come to a hotel, I want to like have it become you want to be peaceful, I want to rest. The reason why I won't stay there ever again is because you have to take two elevators to get to your room. What So you take the elevator to the twenty fifth floor. Oh no, and then you go to another elevator bank and take that to whatever room.
Speaker 1: What floor. Were you on thirty two? Geez? So the hotel though, is it literally that many floors? I think so?
Speaker 2: The lobby's on the twenty I mean, like the lobby where you check in is on the twenty fifth floor.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, so no it's not. So the hotel is not. It's not thirty two floors of hotel room. I don't know. It might be it's seven. It's from twenty five to thirty two.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's not.
Speaker 1: I was not on the top floor, Robin, Okay. Anyway, So it's my birthday.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am meeting my girlfriends at another hotel rooftop for drinks.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I leave my room.
Speaker 2: I go to the elevator. I see at the elevator bank, which was a really like small area. Doja cat, some girl, some guy. She was kissing, her two bodyguards, her photographer, her glam Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: So they're all just standing in front of the elevator, okay, And so I just assumed they had pressed the button. Oh, they didn't press the button.
Speaker 2: So I'm standing there for a while, and I'm kind of like fidgeting around because I'm like putting on my bracelets. I'm like doing stuff because I was running late, right, So I realized no elevator's coming. So I was like, hey, and I'm looking around and they were like, oh, did you want do you need the elevator?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So someone presses the button, great elevator. I we're waiting, waiting, waiting. Elevator comes. I get on.
Speaker 2: Oh, elevator comes, door opens, Doja Cat jumps into the elevator. Okay, Giselle jumps into the elevator.
Speaker 1: Huh behind me? Come her to security? Who for me?
Speaker 2: I can't get on this elevator, I said what. They're like, Oh no, oh no, this a private elevator, a private for who.
Speaker 1: I was like angry. I said, what, hell no this is This is not going to the twenty fifth floor. It's going to the twenty sixth floor. I don't give shit.
Speaker 2: This is my elevator. I pressed the button get away, yes, but I didn't say that.
Speaker 1: Okay, mind you.
Speaker 2: I'm waiting for Doja Cat to be like, you know what, let her ride on the elevator.
Speaker 1: Like, she's not gonna stab me on Earth? Is she on planet Earth? I don't know. She's not a security risk. She's not gonna jab me in the or low like she's fine, right and just two security people. Yes, that can protect Dojah Cat from Jessel Briant. Yeah, little Doja Cat from Big Bag Malicious? How talk? Was she little?
Speaker 2: She's little, She's like Ashley's hype. Okay, So I just said, you know what, let me just jump off this elevator right quick.
Speaker 1: So I jump off. Yeah, And but yet they didn't press the elevator. They didn't miss the button. No, no, So I'm like, and it's my birth day and on my day.
Speaker 2: They watched the news day they clearly they did not watch the end in that morning to find out on the ticker tape that said Jasee Brian's birthday. They forgot that. Anyway, I'm thinking to myself, everybody supos to be nice to me on my birthday?
Speaker 1: God damn it.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, every elevator is my elevator on my birthday.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I get off the elevator, go downstairs and go on about my business. But I was like pissed for a good three minutes about that. Yes, yeah, that's Doja Cat.
Speaker 1: Come on now, Jojah Cats, don't cheerity guard, don't you does don't you cat have people? What are people called cats? I don't have no idea.
Speaker 2: Okay, anyway, the cat, the kitties, the Doja kitties owe me an apology Doja number one?
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: I told Ashley, because you know Ashley wash Yeah, Halloween won year. And as she was like why would she do that to you?
Speaker 1: Who does she think she is? I'm like, I don't know, but I'm let the people know. It wasn't right.
Speaker 2: It was my birthday, damn it. And even if it wasn't my birth and Robin I thought about that. From my perspective, I would never do that to somebody. Uh, And I've gonna I've walked around with security guards and like.
Speaker 1: What it was. I don't understand you. There was plenty of there was room on the elevator for all of you. Yes, the elevator was empty. Like what like that's that's some asshole ship for real, Like that's asshole shit, Like, okay, you can't share a freaking elevator. Yeah, someone who's staying in the hotel with you, Like you don't own this freaking hotel. No, you do not, like what You're not the president of the United States.
Speaker 2: Now I will move for Michelle okay, right and Barack right, but not doja.
Speaker 1: I'll move for beyond. It's the same.
Speaker 2: But Beyonce wouldn't do that to me, be like, oh, let's you sell it.
Speaker 1: It's her birthday? Is her birthday?
Speaker 2: Ye don't y'all know that's my virgo sister. On the CNN Ticke Tate speaking of fashion Week, So I did go to a couple of fashion shows. I saw you on the Instagram. I was on the internet and stuff. So I'm not that's like not really my thing. Like I'm not like I need to go to fashion Week. It's sea the front row thing like that's just but whatever.
Speaker 1: I was with Ashley.
Speaker 2: She forced me to go to the fashion Bomb Daily fashion show, which, by the way, I love Claire. She's and I'm happy to support Claire. She she has an interesting story and she's you know, she's very smart. She went to Harvard all that kind of good stuff.
Speaker 1: No, I did not. Yes, she has built a phenomenal platform. Yes she has. Yeah, she has so. On our way to the show, as she says to me, oh, by the way, like Ninnie's hosting it, and I was like, eh, Nini, the woman who thinks I'm starless. I was like, oh, wow, this is gonna be interesting. So go there. And I you mean you didn't know you weren't like going because you were a fan. Yes, actually I didn't plan to go.
Speaker 2: Actually I packed my bags that morning thinking I'm gonna see Nini.
Speaker 1: What am I gonna wear? Because I'm gonna see her because she's a star and I'm not.
Speaker 2: So anyway, we get there and lo and behold, someone comes to me and wants and says to me, Nini wants to take a picture with you and starless.
Speaker 1: That's what I was thinking to myself. I went through my mind like pictures was starless. Like I went through my head. I was like me, but I'm a nobody. I'm I have no stars underneath my no.
Speaker 2: So I was not going to be shady. And it was my birthday, so I was in a happy, good mood. So I said, great, Ashley, let's go take this picture.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we go over to the Stephen repeat, we take the picture. Nini was going to stand on the outside of the picture, and I was like, I say, oh, I'm sorry, let me back up. As I approached Nini, she welcomes me with open arms. She gives me a big hug and she says, Giselle.
Speaker 1: You're a star. And I was like, that did not happen.
Speaker 2: She said, jizzell girl. I know I said some things in Ea Street, but girl, you are a star. And I was like, she said that, and I said, like the big Dipper star, like the North Star, Like which star am I exactly?
Speaker 1: And she was like, girl, don't even mad at bitch, bitch.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: She says, bitch all I'm bitch, bitch. You a star girl, You a star girl. And then we took the picture. Okay, wait, did that really happen?
Speaker 2: And Robin, I'm telling her she said she I'm a star. I'm like the North Star. And we took the picture and we went on about our business. Okay, and then you woke up. No, she did not say that this happened. I spoke to her boyfriend. Her boyfriend has make suits for Jamal like, and I went on bout my business.
Speaker 1: She said, I'm a star.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask her about you, Robin, because I don't even appreciate her talking about you, because you know, I got your back.
Speaker 1: But it was just so much going on.
Speaker 2: It was like a lot of people, and okay, I haven't known. You should believe we're going to talk about more of it on Patreon.
Speaker 1: Okay, so yeah, run over the patri you're going to tell us. No, that's that's exactly what happened, because that's all that you took the picture. And I was like, I was like, wow, I probably you know you're you're a much bigger person than ill. Let me tell what happened. So Gerdie from Real Housewives of Miami, she DMed me and she was like, girl, since you in the picture with Genie.
Speaker 2: And I said, and I don't even know Gerdy. I've never even met her, but I got bad respect for Gerdy. And by the way, thank god she made it through her breast cancer. Scare not scared.
Speaker 1: She had breast cancer, right, I believe she's going through treatment. She's going through treatments. God bless her.
Speaker 2: And we love our Housewives of Miami girls. Gertie was like, you a better.
Speaker 1: One than mad because I wouldn't have done that, but Ninni said, I was the north Star. So I'm good with it. I'm totally good with it.
Speaker 2: All right, we're actually gonna I don't believe you should believe, but I do want to say one other thing, so a couple. So the next day I went to Sergio Hudson show, which I had already planned on going, always planned on going to because I love Sergio.
Speaker 1: I love what he's done. I love that he's about the community.
Speaker 2: I feel like his his style, his fashion, his REP twelve clothes are just so sophisticated.
Speaker 1: Class classy, you know, timeless.
Speaker 2: He broke the internet with Michelle Obama's inaugural book one year. I remember that the Little Burgundy Ensemble absolutely so I went. And that's actually when I was a star because I walked in and everyone.
Speaker 1: Was like just out, just out, like that guy in Okay, like I know who I was?
Speaker 2: And I was like, Anina, got it right, I am the no star. But anyway, if you want to peruse on the internet about it's so funny because I told Jason, I was like, I'm gonna go to Sergio Hudson show, and I was all excited. He was like Sergio Tacchini. He was like Sergio who he was confused, he did not know who said to know who he was? I was like, boy, get to google in yes, yes, respect and respect on it the show was amazing. I would wear everything that came down the runway good, like, uh, may Zing, he's doing his thing and I'm very proud.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Yeah, I've tried.
Speaker 2: Actually, I tried to get him last year to wear something of his for the reunion and so he was like, let me see what I have in the showroom. These were dms and I was like, okay, he said, doesn't have to be like ball gown long to the floor. I was like, yeah, he was like that, damn Bravo. I don't have anything like that. I said, Okay, we'll try to get next year.
Speaker 1: Oka, let's try to whip something up custom. You could do it.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, they never give us enough time for all of the whipping up custom situation. Anyway, we're gonna move on. I really want to talk about I really want to talk about Dion Sanders because this, this has actually become.
Speaker 1: This is gonna go down in the history books. Oh yeah, he is a phenomenon. Yes. So, a couple of weeks ago they won their first game. Huh. They beat a team that made it to the National Championship the year before.
Speaker 2: It was predicted that they would lose by twenty points and they won. His son, who was the quarterback, threw for like five hundred yards or something, ridiculous amazing, Yes, no interception, no nothing.
Speaker 1: Did they win their second game? Yeah, they won Nebraska.
Speaker 3: That what?
Speaker 2: Okay, So this is but this is the real story for me. I mean, Dion, you're doing your thing. We love you, all that good stuff. The ticket sales, oh right, are out of this world.
Speaker 1: Yes, as they should be.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And I'm gonna tell Dion, and I'm gonna say it now, you need to be making some money off that.
Speaker 1: You need a.
Speaker 2: Percentage of the ticket sales. Yeah, because from one I understand, the ticket sale price is more expensive than in a f ticket.
Speaker 4: Yes, sellout crowd atmosphere was astonishing and peccable. First time ever truly experiencing that at the college level. Sixteen million viewers in the last two games, second most stream game on Fox and History. Pretty darn good to get started.
Speaker 1: Let's go. So I read that they paid Dion's whatever salary they gave to Dion, they didn't necessarily have it in the budget, and they were they didn't have one in the budget his salary. Yeah, okay, they didn't have his salary in the budget. Huh. But the hope was that they would make it up in ticket sales once they started winning, once he started like turning the program around. Okay, and it seems that seems to have been working immediately. Yeah he turned out, Yeah, that thing around immediately. Okay. So but the question is, is he going to get a percentage of the ticket sales? He better? Dedan I about to go renegotiate. Well, I don't know. I'm thinking I don't know how his contract was structured, but I'm thinking, if you have a contract and they're paying you a lot more than what was in their budget, then that wouldn't the ticket sales wouldn't be in your contract. Do you know what I'm saying? Ticket because you're already getting paid more than what I see they would have paid someone else. But listen, Diana's on every other commercial as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's he's gonna but I do want him to get a percentage of the ticket sales.
Speaker 1: I do. Yeah, Well, what he's going to get is a bigger job at a bigger school, But I think he wants to stay there.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, let me say you ain't gonna get him twice whatever he wherever he goes, He's gonna make sure that ticket sale percentages are in.
Speaker 1: His because that's what MESSI gets. Do you know that? Well? Does he? Yes?
Speaker 2: MESSI gets that makes sense. It's a football player, and that makes sense. Gets a percentage of sales from tickets, yeah, everywhere every time he plays, which is like you're selling out the arena.
Speaker 1: Of course you should get exactly. And then he also has some type of ownership, right, he has some ownership build into his contract. So that makes sense.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna renegotiate my Bravo cons fee because I need a percentage of tickets sale.
Speaker 1: But how are they gonna know which ones are because of you?
Speaker 2: Because when I walk in, it's jam packed just Jimmy Jampant really is.
Speaker 1: It is not packed for anybody else.
Speaker 2: By the way, Bravo khank guys. Is the first week in November. I would say, if you haven't gotten your ticket, get your ticket. But the tickets are sold down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so but meet us there.
Speaker 2: We'll be there, Rob and I will be their bells on. Hangout in the lobby somewhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but meet us at the airport. Yes, But I do want to say in my household, we are very excited about Deon Sanders and the University of Colorado football team and his son and everything, because there were so many doubt ors, so many haters. People didn't think that he could what he was doing at Jackson State University, the little HBCU that he it was gonna be able to translate right to a big power five school like Colorado, and it has and I pray for continued success for them, and I hope it's inspirational for other people. But Dion Sanders is a very unique person. Yes, and like only Dion's personality has been that way since he was you know, yes, p pee football, p football, you know what I mean. Like he is a special, special person. He is a unicorn and what he is doing is amazing, and I'm happy that he is. He has remained himself because he was always so cocky and arrogant and you know, flashy when he was a player in college and you know, in his professional level. And I'm happy that he stayed that way. Yes, that he hasn't felt the need to taper down his personality or filter himself in his interviews and all of that, Like it just that's awesome. So, Robert, do you believe I believe, I believe, I believe.
Speaker 2: Do you believe I believe, I believe I believe.
Speaker 1: Abody who don't believe the conversation? Oh I'm talking to somebody else. Next question, do you believe I believe? Okay?
Speaker 2: So I have a question though, because I know you know the answer the the backstory to this. So there was a Florida football coach suspended for being caught on video verbally attacking the players. Do you know about this that was like recent, like the other day. Yeah, okay, yeah, I don't know that. I don't I actually don't know the story today. Okay, So he was he was going off on the players.
Speaker 1: I think he was like.
Speaker 2: He was calling him stupid or he's he was being extremely disrespectful to them. They weren't even like on the he went to like their their dorm room or something like, they weren't on the football field, and somebody recorded it and put it out there, and so now he's he's being suspended.
Speaker 1: My question to you is, you know, one, obviously.
Speaker 2: Coaching and your sons are being coached, right, Like, what is too far when it comes to how these coaches are talking to these young men.
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy. I mean, things have definitely changed a lot since from when say Wan was a high school and college player to now. I mean a lot of these men that are coaches now, they were coached by men who communicated with the players that way, do you know what I mean? Like, so they just learned behavior, right, It's definitely learned behavior. Not that it made it right, no, right, and not that the players liked it. But it's like at that time, the players had no choice but to accept it, you know, yeah, because there really weren't you know, there wasn't a way for them to record them and put them out there. It's always their word against you know, the player's word against the coach or whatever it might be. So nowadays, yes, if it's my son, because it can be. It's a change hard, it's a thing. It's it's like a what a gray area, do you know what I mean? Between like coaching them, trying to coach them up, in between going to motivating them holding them accountable. Because I would say there are players who don't do the right thing. You know, they don't show up to study hall or practice on time, or they're smoking weed when they shouldn't be or they're you know, they're failing and all of that, and and so you do have that type of situation. But it's just like when does it go too far in holding them accountable or you know, how you discipline them. How much discipline is too much? I don't know. It's I think I should stay on the field. Yeah, but no, But unfortunately, when a coach has players come to their school to play for them, they're not only really responsible for them on the field, do you know what I mean? They're responsible for making sure that they're in classes. They're responsible for making sure that they're doing all the things that they're supposed to do to keep their scholarship and to keep their players focused. Then to keep them, you know, they can't just be in college doing what other college students are doing. So yeah, they so they should be kind of checking on them, making sure, you know, in their dorm room they're not having a party full of twenty people and they're all smoking weed, and you know what I mean, like if they have scriptus right, So it's hard. So I want to hear did you hear the audio to it? I haven't heard it.
Speaker 2: It's bad, it's really bad. I don't I don't want to play it because it's bad. So if it goes into like name calling, it's just bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I personally like, I mean, this is just very watered down. But Angel running tracks, She said her coach never spoke to her and he only spoke to his favorites.
Speaker 1: Favorites, right. He didn't want she was a hurdler. He didn't want to hurt a hurdle, and he ignored the hell out of her, which motivated her. So she became like one of the best hurdlers on her own out of motivation for the affected. Her coach want to speak to her, and I thought I was I as a parent, was like about to cuss him, because I'm just like, you're first of all, if you're the coach, you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Coach everybody, right, not just your favorites. Yes, it's a fine line. It's and I do believe it's specific. It's individual because some kids can take it right and some kids can And that's the other thing.
Speaker 1: You have to coach kids to like their personalities almost like that's how coaches today have had to adapt. So back in the you know, long time ago, all the coaches ruled with the same kind of same type of discipline, same type of style. But nowadays coaches have to realize, well, what works for one doesn't work for other. So Billy, Okay, I know, I gotta get in Billy's ass, I gotta yell at him, I gotta push him, blah blah blah. But Jim over here, I gotta be like, oh, Jim, you just try harder next time. Jimmy boy, you got this. You know what I'm saying. It's like different players respond differently to different types of coaching. I haven't heard the audio, so I don't really want. It's hard for me to really it's bad. Yeah, but if it's getting to a level where it's like disrespectful and it's you know, they're demeaning and they're cursing at them and they're he's talking down to them, that's not necessary. That doesn't that's not acceptable anywhere. No, really no, But so I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's suspended himself because he knew it was coming. I forgot to tell y'all this, and I just want to shipude.
Speaker 1: You know, Coco Jones is.
Speaker 2: She's a singer, yes, and she's she acts I believe. And she's she's from like the Zendaya generation.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think she's related to somebody. Her father is like someone famous. Yeah, okay, look it up. She's beautiful girl, very beautiful. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I she was at the Sergio Hudson show and I was with this guy named Desmond. He was like, I think that's Coco Jones. So I looked and I was like, I didn't know who she was. Yeah, but my kids, I know love Coco Jones. So I walking out, I went up to her. I was like, yo, my kids love you. So Desmond rolls up and was like, let's take a picture. Boom, took a picture. I put it in like me and my kids group chat, and I said, Coco and this picture of me, her and Desmond, Grace in all caps, no way, a door in all caps, oh mg, angel and all caps.
Speaker 1: And then Grace is like, mom, what and then they're like what wait? And then Grace is like I love her face timing right now, right now, right now, My idea who she is? I have. I'm out the door. I'm gone, Mom, call me, call me, get back to me. Mom. Going nuts. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Had I known I would have definitely just I would screw the picture. I just want to face my kids. And she wasn't really like I could tell she was tired. And I don't I don't ever want to bother anybody.
Speaker 1: But go Coco. Oh Jones, Yes, my kids are fans. That's hilyarricous. So you don't know what she sings or anything. If you heard her song, you would know. I would not know, but I see you. So she's on the Fresh Prince reboot. Okay, who's her relative? Mike Jones is her dad. He was in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Okay, and I know she was a Disney She used to be a Disney girl, right, I put her in the category of the day, even though I know Zinda is a little more.
Speaker 1: It is a little older than her. Yeah, she's beautiful, though. Is she tall? She looks she's tall. She's taller than me. Okay, yeah she's tall. She's tall and yeah, totally beautiful. Okay, beautiful girl. Speaking of Coco, Yes, can we give it up to Coco? That was my seg because you know, I'm I love tennant stuff at my house. So were you watching the whole thing? Oh? Yeah, I watched the men the women, all of it. I watched day one. I love it.
Speaker 2: Okay, so tell us because I missed the actual championship game, okay, or match?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you sat and watched it. How are you feeling? How are you feeling?
Speaker 3: I was?
Speaker 1: I mean it was it was a great match. Coco played great. Yeah, she lost the first set, she came back and won the next two. Okay, it was this. Actually, you know what the really cool part is is to see that video of Coco when she was like eight years old at the US Open watching wait.
Speaker 2: A minute, wait a minute, all the way in the nosebleed section right mind you Okay, they couldn't get down low.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, watching Serena or Venus or one of them play, and she's just dance into was that I just met you? Yes, Like that is the cutest thing. And what I also love is like that's where you can see how good parenting really plays a factor into people's lives. Because her parents exposed her to tennis. Her father was really big on, you know, taking her places to play tennis, helping her learn to play tennis, exposing her, taking her to those matches, and then like look at her now. Yeah, it's just is she the youngest. No, well, Serena was the youngest, so Serena won at age seventeen, but Coco is the youngest since Serena. Coco's nineteen Cocos nineteen. Okay, yes, it means so much to me. I feel like I'm a little bit in shock in this moment.
Speaker 3: You know, that French open loss was a heartbreak for me, but I realized, you know, God puts you through tribulations and trials, and this makes this moment even more sweeter than I can imagine.
Speaker 1: I mean it was and some people really doubted. They didn't really think that she was readier that she you know that she was there quite yet where she was going to win the US. Oh, you know, she got a new coach, right, she changed her coaches, she changed, I mean, and her father kind of, I guess, had been coaching her and he kind of realized like, Okay, you need something someone else. You have different voice, you need something else. I mean, it's so beautiful. And then she's just so she she seems so gracious, yes, so appreciative, so mature, like shit, nineteen years old. I definitely know.
Speaker 2: But she's she's had she's been focused for a minute and she wants it. And I loved the fact that she talked about that was the first time she saw her father cry and he was like and it was like all cameras on him.
Speaker 1: He couldn't handle it. He was just trying to get himself together. I loved it. No, it was beautiful. So I'm happy for her. I'm excited for for tennis. You know, I love tennis and watching tennis in my whole house does. So it's just it's great that hopefully she'll have a long career and we'll be able to watch her play for a while.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, Now have the William's sisters like publicly said anything about it, you know what, I haven't seen because I know.
Speaker 1: She she mentioned them in her speech. Yeah, so I'm sure there's a relationship there.
Speaker 2: If not, it'll be for me because I mean, the pool of people that can say that they've won a US Open, right, it is small, and to be a black girl is even smaller.
Speaker 1: And this is a great thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, she's in a great club, and she's like an inspiration. To see those those videos of her when she was little and see where she is now, that's just inspiring.
Speaker 1: I know. Yeah, I love. It's the only reason why I would want a daughter, so I can make her play tennis. Well you can have one of my But speaking literally daughters, and and why's it he wanted a daughter. It's a little late. I got moving on speaking of daughters and and being proud of daughters, because you know.
Speaker 2: We're always proud of our little Blue Ivy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well I am, but you know I am too.
Speaker 2: So I just want to say, I'm this segueing into what I'm about to say, Okay, because you've been hater ration, I'm not. I never hated it on Blue Ivy.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about her mother. I've never hated on her mother. Her mother is the best, the greatest entertainer. I just want you to know, for all the hate, I just don't need to go again. I might go again again. Really weird Houston, Houston, Texas. Baby. Yeah yeah, And I probably said if Beance goes on tour again, I'm not going. But I am going, okay, right anyway, The Renaissance Tour is officially the highest grossing tour by a female act. It better be expensive ass ticket out. We keep going.
Speaker 2: There's there's Taylor Swift in history. It is by earning four hundred and sixty one point two million, and she wasn't even finishing.
Speaker 1: I thought that she was gonna be in the billion.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, she had only she has when this was reported, she had ten shows left.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I think that.
Speaker 2: Because it was because of Blue. I think because she had it Blue to her show, see.
Speaker 1: That it went to where it is. That's when the tickets started selling out. Beyonce is the bomb. And I have never been a hater to my virgo me neither. I've just been a realistic person. Okay, what I do want to say? Her birthday show looked amazing, like that energy, yeah there and looked amazing.
Speaker 2: Yes, and then she had like a little birthday party. Yes, yes, I couldn't make it. I had to go to Fashion Week, but celebrate my own birthday.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I did want to talk about because you know, we haven't talked about Bravo in a minute. And there's a new housewife show on called Salt Lake City Season yes, yes, and they you know we always have these tag lines and party B just did her tagline with her Andy. I'm sure you saw that, and we're gonna talk about that. But like taglines sometimes are like cheesy. I can say this because I'm a housewife.
Speaker 1: I agree and goofy and they don't make any sense and blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Salt Lakes taglines are good?
Speaker 1: Are they good? I heard one of them was like I had a bathtub in it or something.
Speaker 2: Yes, because that because that that's part of the season. Okay, okay, so that's good to you. Okay, you know what I like Lisa Barlow's Okay, Okay, I'm pulling it up.
Speaker 1: Okay, but have we did you remember Cardi B's something about throwing a mic in shade? Cardi B said her tagline would be the only thing I throw harder than Mike's is shade. So I just kind of feel like, first of all, she listens to reasonably shady every week. Okay, what's up, Cardy? Doubt it? But okay, Hi, Cardy, and she got shade from us the end. That's what That's my story and I'm sticking with it. Okay, Okay, all right, now what's Lisa's We gotta fight someone else about that? Okay, Okay, I forgot all about that, all right. Meredith Mark's the one about the bath. Yes, in a town full of dirty lies, everyone can use a bath. Okay, fine, yes, I think that that's cute. That's fine. Okay, let's get to Lisa's. Okay, I'm on a mission to serve Lisa, and I love that for myself.
Speaker 2: But that's not how she she says, like, I'm on a to serve Lisa and I love that for myself.
Speaker 1: Right, O, Yes, it's how it's how she says it. Yeah, is that something that she has said before?
Speaker 2: Well, it's all because you know Lisa, Lisa acts like it's just like she can't see around anything except Lisa, Like it's all about Lisa.
Speaker 1: It's Lisa, Lisa Lisa.
Speaker 2: Right, and she does talk about Lisa all the time.
Speaker 1: Oh really?
Speaker 2: And I just I felt like they nailed it with their personalities and who they are.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you approve of these taglines, all right? I guess I approve of Lisa's Okay. Okay, Heathergate says, I own a beauty empire, so I don't need any of your lip service. Okay. I think that's kind of good. Yeah, yeah, not bad, Yes, Okay, so I did. Okay, moving on something like taglines have never been my thing. Like, I'm just not the type to like, I don't know, even like put myself in that type of light where I'm like, yeah, talking talking about myself. Yes, So now we know, Rob, Yeah, we're getting there with you. Okay.
Speaker 2: So meanwhile, the word on the street, yes, is the word on this goddamn street.
Speaker 1: Okay? So oh wait, wait can we talk about throwing MIC's what? What fifty cents problem? I don't know what was that? But I literally am like, why are you not in jail? Like you busted that woman's forehead? Right? What was that? I don't know. I think it's it seemed to me like it was personal. I mean, damn because he threw because from what I understand, he threw it at her. There was a verbal back and forth I believe, and then he threw it at her and he threw it super hard. And I'm just like, how did you not get arrested like that? I mean, the girl had to have left in it. Oh, she better be getting some money something something like that. That person that's like assault, he needed, yes, need to be arrested, needs something. That was something that's so crazy. It's like, now the fans gotta be worried about the damn artists, Yes, retaliating them.
Speaker 2: And I don't I don't want to go to instant in the front right now, Carl, did you imagine no some thro'ugh something Beyonce and the twins went crazy. Oh really yeah, the less Whens went crazy and like handled it really yes, and they said, don't you ever do that again?
Speaker 1: This queen? Oh wow, you wan I throw anything at the queen. And you know, the least twins, I mean they can retire off le Beyonce, late twins is not late twins less huh less lay lay well less, she said less. I said less, I call I've always called them less. Oh my god, that's not bad, that's not correct. They're French. Well, they could dance a ass off. I can say that. Okay. The less y'all Carly has was.
Speaker 2: Saying that she has a reasonably shady moment and has something to do with Jaselle. Would you like to tell us your reasonably shady moment.
Speaker 5: So, my reasonably shady moment is Giselle Bryant, because Giselle Bryant was so involved in her own birthday and she actually talked to me on my birthday and didn't wish me a happy birthday.
Speaker 2: That is so shady.
Speaker 1: What I still love her though, because you're not eleven? Yes I think I was. How could you forget I was caught up with Jason because Jason's not eleven, is he? Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay, well then you should remember even.
Speaker 1: More mean more than you see Jason.
Speaker 2: Really, it's okay, Carly, I'm really sorry, and we're gonna have some birthday cake because Robin got some for you. I do have some cupcakes here I know from that you have from your son.
Speaker 1: Carly. I'm sorry. I love you. Carly. Please wish everybody I mean Carly a happy birthday. You know what happened.
Speaker 2: I was on Instagram and I saw somebody did a post for you, and I was like, oh yeah, and I think I said something in the post, and then it just like went out my head.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen, listen. There's a lot that's going on in my brain lately. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Am I forgiving? Am I forgiven? Okay? Great? All right, that is our show. We're out of here.
Speaker 2: We totally appreciate you guys so much. Don't ever forget. Don't be like me and be shady but don't ever forget to live your life either. Reasonable It's Shakedy by.
Speaker 1: Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady