Speaker 1: Amazon Prime Day off to a rough start. What's going on? I'm rich damiro. This is rich on Tech.
Speaker 2: Amazon's yearly sale called Prime Day is happening now, but it did get off to kind of a rough start Monday. Many users couldn't access the deals they wanted because the site had many problems and error messages. Those error messages featured cute photos of dogs, which are actually Amazon employees pooches, But as cute as they were, they were still frustrating to see for the millions of shoppers looking for major discount myself included. I basically gave up on the website and said, well, I guess I'll figure this out tomorrow. Amazon acknowledged the issues about two hours into Prime Day with a tweet, and now the errors have seemed to simmer down and he can grab some of those deals. Amazon says Prime Day sales in the US are bigger than ever evenwithstanding all the problems in the first ten hours, Prime Day sales.
Speaker 1: Grew faster than last year.
Speaker 2: As for those items discounted, as you might imagine, Amazon is really pushing its own brands.
Speaker 1: Those have the biggest cuts.
Speaker 2: Electronics are popular, So here are some of my picks Amazon Cloudcam. That's just sixty dollars down from one hundred and twenty dollars. So if you need a security camera for your house, that's a really fantastic deal. The Ring Video Doorbell two is one hundred forty dollars normally that's one hundred and ninety nine dollars, and that's a great way to add that video doorbell everyone is getting to their front door. The Amazon Fire TV Cube is just ninety dollars, which is thirty dollars off. You can nab a fifty inch Toshiba four K fireTV for just two hundred and eighty nine dollars. That's right, a fifty inch TV for under three hundred bucks. That's a pretty good one. And if you have your eyes on a kindle, which I think is the best digital way to read a book, I go back and forth between digital and regular old paperback and hardcover. But those kindles are all on sale, and there is one easy way to save an extra five dollars on selected Prime Day deals. If you open up the Amazon app on your phone and you try out a new feature, you'll get a little coupon code for five dollars off one of the selected Amazon deals. It's not anything, but there are some things on there that you might be interested in. So to get it, you have to open up the app and try one of those new features. You can try the ar view, which is augmented reality view. You basically aim your camera at something in your house, like a table, and you can put a product from Amazon right on that table and see it in sort of virtual augmented reality. You can use the product search, you can use the barcode scanner or the package x ray. All of these features will activate a five dollars off a Prime Day deal purchased through the app, and you can do this every six hours, so I check this and some of the deals you know, they basically give you the coupon and then they give you a bunch of items that you can use the coupon on. So it may not match up. You may not want to buy any of those items, but at least it's kind of fun to try the new feature out and see if the discount works for.
Speaker 1: Something you want.
Speaker 2: You can also ask Alexa, what are my Prime Day deals? And if you spend ten dollars at Whole Foods today, you'll still get ten dollars towards your Prime Day purchase.
Speaker 1: Is running out on that one, so you have to act fast.
Speaker 2: And if you've never tried Amazon Prime now, this is one of my favorite ways to order things really fast.
Speaker 1: They deliver things to your house in a nunder two hours.
Speaker 2: You can place your first order on Prime Day today and you'll get ten dollars off a future order. This is not available on all locations, but you have to try it out.
Speaker 1: Today's also a great day to.
Speaker 2: Buy my book on the Kindle, which is one hundred and one Handy.
Speaker 1: Tech Tips for the iPhone.
Speaker 2: Basically, if you purchase it today, that will activate a discount good for thirty percent off your next Kindle book. So keep in mind you only have until July thirty first to buy your next book with the discount.
Speaker 1: That's not a.
Speaker 2: Very long runway, but it's still pretty good. If you buy my book and then you buy a second Kindle book in.
Speaker 1: The future and the next week or two, so you get thirty percent off that one.
Speaker 2: Also one deal that I've taken advantage of three months of Audible for just five dollars a month. That's a really fantastic deal. It did work for me I've already downloaded my first book. And if you're wondering, well, wait a second, I'm already an audible customer.
Speaker 1: I've been a cut in the past.
Speaker 2: It did work for me, and I've been an audible customer in the past, so that one seems to work for new and existing customers.
Speaker 1: There you have at Amazon Prime Day twenty eighteen off.
Speaker 2: To a rough start, but still a very good day to find great deals on Amazon, especially if you're buying stuff that you actually need. Keep in mind, if you're listening to this after midnight Pacific on July seventeenth, well you'll just have to wait until next.
Speaker 1: Year for more deals. And one tidbit for your Jeopardy audition.
Speaker 2: Amazon started on July fifth, nineteen ninety four, which might explain why Prime Day is in July.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much for listening. I'm Rich Tomurro links to.
Speaker 2: Everything I talk about here on my website, richontech dot tv.
Speaker 1: I'll talk to you real soon.