Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tory Spelling an iHeartRadio podcast. Okay, so on my stories recently, I posted what I thought was a very cute photo of my seven year old son Bo pretending being the keyword here, guys pretending to give me a massage. And then I said he wanted to make money for an allowance, and I thought this was a good way to start beats chores something like that. I don't know, solid plan, and yeah, that's all it was. And then all of a sudden it exploded on the press scene, Tori Spelling getting slammed for making They always turn it to that I'm making forcing making her son Bo give her a massage for his chores. Okay, where do you even start here? Okay, clearly, I think clearly in the photo, I was at a massage parlor. Wait did they even call them massage parlors anymore? That's such an archaic term. No, I was at. So I have a friend that does time massage and her name is Michelle, and she's amazing and she I think I've been friends with her since oh my gosh, I always count things by children and pregnancy, since Liam and Stella were babies. She's been through all my pregnancies together. She has this great massage place. She does amazing time massage and she also throughout the years, like she taught my kids how to cook thy food. Like she's unbelievable. And we were catching up because I haven't seen her in a long time, and she hasn't seen Bo since he was a baby. It's been years. So we went in and I brought the kids to see her. They're like, we want to see Michelle. Brought the kids to see her, and we were all having lunch and everything, and she's like, let me work on your back. Oh my gosh, your back is so bad. So she did, and then Bo's like, I want to help. So she took that one picture of Bo pretending to give me a massage. And I just think it's wild, Like it's wild the stuff that you can put out there that they changed the narrative on so hardcore. And I mean, as soon as I put it up, one of my best guy friends he DMed me and he was like like, that's not a good look. And I'm like, I know, like joking, I'm like I know he was getting all the wrong spots, like you should have started on the feet. But he said. He's like, oh my god, people are going to freak out. I said, why, Like it's a cute photo. Everyone knows it's not real. Clearly we are not at home. I'm not making him do chores, like clearly I'm at a massage place. Anyway. I guess I should have posted the picture of him like walking on my back holding onto the straps of the ceiling like that would have got even crazier. But it's funny because I immediately when this like exploded, was talking to my to one of my mom friends, and I was like, wait, what do you make of this? Like if it were true even like oh, you know, hey, mom, Like can this be one of my chores, like you know, walking on your back or like cracking your back whatever? Is that like horrible anyway? And She's like, no, oh my god, my kids. I make them rub my feet all the time. And I'm like, yeah, anyway, my kids, I wish they even did chores. I mean, I feel like I do the chores and they should pay me basically. But yeah, So I think it's interesting though that I don't know on social media, why is it like comedians can post anything, Comedians that have families kids like they can post anything and people are like, hah, they're kidding, that's funny. But if an actor posts something like oh my god, that must be true, she's a horrible mom. And then I had another friend that was like, well, good news is irrelevant, like you're in the breast, and I'm like, I know, but I don't like I have such mom guilt anyway, Like I don't need that. I don't need people like shaming me thinking I'm like forcing my kids to massage me anyway, bo Bose here Actually, so I'm sick from school today. Hey bo Comericameric. Okay, So I'm I'm going to show you a photo. Okay, do you remember when we went to see my friend that does massages? Who was it? Yeah, So Michelle took a picture of you pretending to massage me and I thought it was cute and I put it on Instagram and people thought that I was actually making you massage me so that you could make money, make an allowance. What do you think of this? So at my friend Michelle's massage place, she has what she has bars basically on her ceiling and it's so she can hang on to the bars and do footwork on people's backs and so it's but the kids, ever since they were little, would love to like go hang on the bars and pretend they were doing gymnastics because we've known her for so long. So Bo was like, I want to try. So yeah, it's a picture of bow hanging from the bars, standing on my back, like cracking my back and stuff. Did you have fun doing that?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Did I pay you for doing that? No?
Speaker 2: Hey, why are you going to throw my acorn at? I do chores? I can get money?
Speaker 1: Oh, so Bo, thank you you too. He found because they have commercials and ads, and he found an app called Acorns where I could set up a card for him and put money. So if he does chores, that's how he gets his allowances, he gets this card. Right, what chores would you recommend? Since people think I'm making you massage me, which is not true. But you do want to make money, right, Remember you had a few ideas how you can make money. What chores do you think you should do that I can give you? Do you know what's called an allowance?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 2: I know what allowance is?
Speaker 1: Okay, So what chores do you think you could do?
Speaker 2: What chores?
Speaker 3: What about Okay, I could fold my clothes.
Speaker 1: You could fold your clothes. But see that's where it gets dicey in this world, Like don't you think you're almost ate, right, you'll be eight in a week. Don't you think you should just fold your clothes anyway because they're your clothes and it's your home, and not charge more money for folding your own clothes.
Speaker 2: So you're not getting me to no, I.
Speaker 1: Didn't say that. Okay, what other chores?
Speaker 2: What about making the room?
Speaker 1: You're gonna make the room nice and tidy, nice and tidy, okay.
Speaker 2: Or wherever you say I don't have good ideas.
Speaker 1: Whatever I say, Well, the public doesn't like me saying that you're gonna missa Can you tell our listeners ideas you had for a stand.
Speaker 2: Outside lemonade Stan.
Speaker 1: But remember you said it wasn't going to be a lemonade stand. You wanted to give people, give people what you said, orange.
Speaker 2: Juice, orange juice. I don't want I don't want to sell lemonade anymore.
Speaker 1: You don't want to sell lemonade because that's like archaic, right, Like lemonade stands are a thing in the past, so now they're just oj stands orange juice. Well, sure, right, but that does not defeat the purpose because lemonade is supposed to be homemade. Like you make homemade lemonade, you can.
Speaker 2: Make oranges too.
Speaker 1: That's you gotta charge more for that because that takes that's a lot more work. I think it's not just like you know, country time lemonade is not even exist anymore. Powder like you got you have to like wheeze the oranges. It's a lot of work for you, aka me. So what prices would you charge people for a glass of orange juice?
Speaker 2: Three or two dollars?
Speaker 1: Three or two dollars?
Speaker 2: I don't want it too much.
Speaker 1: I think that's too much. No, because of the labor and labor intensive after okay, and there's no venmo no venmo accepted. Yeah, just straight cash because you don't want to you don't want to be scammed.
Speaker 2: And you can get a glass of a glass of orange juice.
Speaker 1: Now you can.
Speaker 2: You can get a tip. You can give me a chip I'll have a tip jar.
Speaker 3: You have a tip jar, and I'll give her away to the home ones my chip jar full of money.
Speaker 1: That's very kind, I do.
Speaker 2: I think that's really and I don't have anything to do with my quarters.
Speaker 1: That's very nice of you. Don't bring me.
Speaker 2: On the right sand please?
Speaker 1: How orange juice?
Speaker 3: How you know the white table, white length table we have in the garage.
Speaker 1: The folding table? Correct?
Speaker 2: What about that? Put that there?
Speaker 3: Make a sign and get some solo cups?
Speaker 2: Would do not realize how hard? That is? Not hard at all? So easy?
Speaker 1: Okay? What's the sign going to say?
Speaker 2: Orange?
Speaker 1: And is that all you're going to sell there? What if people are hungry?
Speaker 2: We can get an orange. This is an orange?
Speaker 1: Just an orange for one dollar? An orange for one dollar, that's a better deal. I'd buy that because then I can squeeze my own I save two bus oranges. Where are you going to get the oranges?
Speaker 2: What do you think? The black market on the market? What do you mean? What do you think?
Speaker 1: But that defeats the purpose again, if you buy it, then it's cutting into your profits. Did you know did you know that if fruit is hanging over your property, onto public property, it's considered public property? Did you know this? Wait? Did you know this? Do you know that? There's websites and apps you can find so you can see what streets like have fruit that are hanging onto the sidewalk, and that fruit's like fair game.
Speaker 3: There's a house near us oranges hanging over the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's public property.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if it's hanging over the driveway onto the sidewalk or street, their nah, that's theirs. That's theirs. But you could go to them and say, hey, if you go into this orange juice business with me, I will split my profits with you. If you give me the oranges, I'll give.
Speaker 2: You twenty dollars.
Speaker 1: Being a podcaster so sexy. Okay, let's talk about you being my co host. Oh my god, I have it. Bo can pop in once in a while, and how I have tory stories. We could do botox because his name is Bo b E A U T A l K S botox. But it's botox, you get it. I'm always here for the jingle. No Bo's talking. Okay, Okay, okay, whatever. It's a good idea. I think it's clever. What would you talk about on the podcast with you and I? What would we talk about?
Speaker 2: What does it co als do?
Speaker 1: Good question? It's kind of a podcasting's like the wild Wild West. It's like gone rogue. You can kind of do whatever you want, like you and I could just talk about stuff. You would be I'm the host of misspelling, and you would be my co host. You would talk about whatever you want to talk about that week, like did something funny happen at school?
Speaker 2: Or we talk about plans.
Speaker 1: Or we talk about plans. Bo, what would you like to do for the next weekend?
Speaker 2: Make you stand and make money so I can go to and get my.
Speaker 1: So you want an orange juice stand? Let me just reiterate this, an orange juice stand so you can make money so you can go to five below. It's the story he loves where everything is five dollars, But it's not. That's what they tell you on YouTube. Everything everything ends with a five basically, So they do have stuff that's below five dollars, but then they have like other things that are like fifteen dollars or twenty five dollars.
Speaker 3: Right, fifteen dollars, twenty five dollars, there's nothing, what's twenty five dollars? All I see is five dollars and a twenty five And I see five dollars and.
Speaker 2: Not twenty five dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, what is this large There's a very large stuffy that is here in our room that he saw on TikTok or YouTube.
Speaker 2: Still saw on TikTok, and then she saw she saw.
Speaker 1: And it most certainly was not five dollars. It was twenty five dollars.
Speaker 2: So that's said is twenty five dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got the last one. Okay, listen, I'm great at marketing. I don't do it for five below. So you need to talk to their people if you have a problem with this. But the thing.
Speaker 3: Is they have fifteen dollars.
Speaker 1: You should you should maybe you could do like a curated section.
Speaker 3: I'm asking it's called five below. All this stuff is five dollars. It should be something like below five, like four dollars.
Speaker 2: Three dollars.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what it's called.
Speaker 2: But it's only five dollars.
Speaker 1: Wow, you're really less than fired up about this. Who are you going to talk to there? The owner of five below. If anyone hears this and knows the owner of five below, my seven year old would like to talk to them, talk to them. Talk to the manager. So not the owner, just the manager. Now, Yeah, and you're going to say you've marketed your store wrong. It should not be called five below, because that's not true.
Speaker 2: Dollar Tree.
Speaker 1: Everything's like dollars, so dollar Tree. That's how they get you in the store. Is they say dollar Tree or ninety nine cents store? But you go in and there's things for other prices in there. I don't know.
Speaker 3: What about what's the place called where all the stuff is actually one dollar?
Speaker 1: But some it's not Dollar Tree?
Speaker 2: Don't they have food at dollar Tree?
Speaker 1: Do they like? What? What kind of food do they have? Okay? What can we go back to talking about these? You're just like me, you go off on a tangent. Okay, what topics are we discussing on the show on botox?
Speaker 2: It's funny that you say both.
Speaker 1: They made you laugh, It's funny. Yeah, I'm here for it's so.
Speaker 2: Funny because it's a stupid name.
Speaker 1: Okay, ju just fart. So what else do you want to talk on your podcast? Talk about?
Speaker 2: Well, this is kind of toys podcast?
Speaker 1: Who's Torri?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: What's my name to Torri?
Speaker 2: What I forgot?
Speaker 1: You forgot my name? To tour? Spelling is missspelling? Misspelling?
Speaker 2: Misspelling?
Speaker 1: No, the podcast is called misspelling.
Speaker 2: Ah, I know, I get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what are you gonna talk about?
Speaker 2: Hm? Hm hmm?
Speaker 1: Thank do you want to talk about the show you just had in school? What show?
Speaker 2: What my performance?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Where'd you sing?
Speaker 2: Uh huh?
Speaker 1: So this is a in fact that I didn't share with you at the time because I didn't want to make you nervous. But remember the song you sang. That's a more My godfather, Dean Martin sang that song to you as a kid. I don't know if he sang it to music kid, but it's his song. He wrote and performed. He's the original singer of that song. He used to give me money trees when I was a kid. It's what is a money tree? It's he would create a little tree and fill it with money so it would like look like the tree leaves branches, but were money. It was something It's not possible. No, they weren't dollars. No, so right, But I got more money and he used to give me those on my birthday.
Speaker 2: So did you get money from the tree?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I could have. I don't know where it is. I don't know what happened to them. You're lie, swear to God. Okay, So I didn't give my kid money to massage me, please, but I'm going to sign you up on Acorn app. So you can make money, but you have to actually make the money. You have to do things like help with the dishes. You can help me with the laundry, you could feed the dogs. Okay, so that was bo. I feel like he needs to like get the timing right on podcasting, but he's learning. Anyway, he's homesick today, so as a working mom, single working mom, he is here taking over my podcast. So that's what happens. And all you moms and dads out there can relate when you have to work from home and your kid's homesick. So yeah, there's a little glimpse into my life. But I don't know. I just feel like going back to the massage picture, like as moms, like we take funny pictures and like it's not serious, And I guess I should have followed it up with like this was a joke, you guys, like obviously it's a joke. Like I'm not a mom that's making my kid massage me and then giving him allowance money. Anyway, Oh boy, did use fart