Speaker 1: What's that ad? It's spooky, Hey, Joky, I'm really sure it's dead. It's coming this way. Wait a minute, he said, I was Nandas. Please Hey boo, it's me Roz and welcome to Ghosted by Roz Hernandez, the podcast where I talk to people that I like about the freaky, dicky, spooky cooky, paranormal Happy New Year. I can't believe it. I got to talk to my favorite stand up comedian, Margaret Chow once again. She was on before and she had story after story. I believe that was at the beginning of twenty twenty four years ago. Now, oh my god, right before all that other stuff happened. Wow, has the world changed. But go back and listen if you want to hear some of her stories. And then she comes on again and I'm like, oh, you know, she probably probably ran out of stories. Now she got more. So we're going to get into that. First. I'm going to look through my email ghosted by Rows at gmail dot com. Oh what do we got here? An email from Kayla. Kayla's got a story about Tonapa, Nevada, a place that I was at not that long ago. And boy, can I tell you that place is spooky, okay. Kayla writes a couple of years ago, my coworker and I were staying at a hotel in Tonapa for work. We had two rooms on the second floor, near the back of the building, and this was our first and only time staying at this particular place. I can't explain why, but it immediately felt like there was a presence in the room, like I was in someone else's space. All week, I kept noticing little things misplaced around the room. I thought I plugged in my phone charger and a few minutes later it would be sitting in the middle of the bed, or the refrigerator would be unplugged. When I got back from work. That plug wouldn't easily fall out of the wall. You had to put some force behind it. The bathroom was set up so the shower and toilet were in a separate room, and the bathroom sink was in an alcove right outside the door. When taking a shower, I usually put my towel and clothes on the back of the toilet, but one day, as I was getting out of the shower, my clothes and towel weren't there. Instead, they were sitting on the sink on the other side of the door. Did I just forget another morning? I heard someone making coffee. If I didn't know better, it seemed as though the sounds of bubbling water and coffee dripping into the pot were coming from my room. The walls are thin, But are they that thin? I thought? I brushed it all off, thinking I was just being forgetful, or there was some other logical explanation. On the final night of ours stay, my coworker and I were in my room watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Suddenly we both did a double take towards the back corner of the room. Did we see a shadow? We were quiet for a moment until he turned to me and asked, how do you feel about this place? The look on my face set it all strange. Things had been happening to him all week, two phones and appliances being unplugged, feelings of being watched. He told me he had brought a ballot to fill out for one of our local elections, and that he sealed and delivered the envelope, only to come back to his room and find the ballot itself sitting on the table. Did he accidentally mail an empty envelope or can we blame a ghost? Fast forward to a few months later. I was in town for work again and my boyfriend was visiting me. He specifically requested to stay at the Haunted Hotel after hearing my story. We were in a different corner of the building and nothing out of the ordinary happened. But during checkout, my boyfriend was making small talk with the receptionist and asked if there were any reports of hauntings or if anyone had died in the hotel. We learned that several years prior, there had been a tragic death in the room I stayed in. I had not yet mentioned my experience to the receptionist or what room I was in the last time I stayed. There was definitely a ghost. A ghost that also interferes with elections. Now that is something that I have never considered that it could. Could it be ghosts tampering with ballots? Fascinating stuff. Hey, I got to talk to Margaret show and now I want you to listen to it. Here's my conversation once again with Margaret Chow and with the show. I am joined by a repeat customer, truly my favorite comedian of all time. The most important comedian in history. To me, I am so honored to have back the legendary Margaret Chow.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hi, Hi, I'm so honored to be back. Thank you. Ros Oh are you I'm doing great. I'm really enjoying living for the ditch.
Speaker 1: An, what do you think? Tell me you're so good?
Speaker 2: You're so good and all of your people there, you know, Juju and Logan and Alex and Ken. I mean that you guys are really a wonderful crew because you very much all serve different purposes. I love that you're so Daphni like, like you're giving very much Daphne. I'm not sure who's Velma. Maybe Ken's Velma.
Speaker 1: Yes, we've definitely gone over this before with us. Yes, I think Logan's maybe Scooby. Yeah, yeah, we've got the whole crew there. But I'm like, you know, you got to turn a look like.
Speaker 2: No, the looks are really anchoring me. But it's also really scary some of the people in places that you encounter, and you know, it's a serious ghost hunting show. It's not just you guys being fabulous, you're actually like doing the thing. It's really scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh my god, thanks for watching.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Have you been ghost hunting?
Speaker 2: I have gone on a couple of ghost hunts. My friend Pleasant Game and she's one of my best.
Speaker 1: Friends mutual mutual friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lover, she's a genius. She's a psychic and she's a ghost hunter. And we went on a ghost hunt for our other best friends, Selene.
Speaker 1: Luna's mutual friend Lover.
Speaker 2: Yes, our crew, our little coven. We went on a ghost hunt for her bachelor party and it was really very interesting because I'd never been in one where we actually had all of the little equipment and stuff that always scares me, like an EVP, I think is the most scary thing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, for sure. I have talked to Selene and Pleasant about this experience because I've gone ghost hunting in that basement of Casino del Campo many times, and it's believed that there's two ghosts down there. They have never been interested in talking to me. Really, these two ghosts, I don't know what it is about me, but they don't care about me. But that one in particular, I was told Selene told me that the ghosts wanted a margarita. Is what the EVP said.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, given one margarita they'll pierce the veil, give me two margaritas. I think that's great.
Speaker 1: Drew Drogi, the actor comedian, was down there doing a show with me and said that he heard a little girl. They say, there's a little girl down there, and he heard a little girl say I want socks. So they want socks and margarita's.
Speaker 2: That is an interesting combination. I mean, I think it's always much more scary when it's a child ghost. I know there's something very sinister. Maybe it's the unrealized potential and that maybe a child may also not recognize that it's dead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think that if they do or not, they are there looking for fun at all times. They're looking for wonder excitement. You know, kids don't have boundaries the way that an adult might. They might just like touch you. They might start laughing and giggling about some shit. They might start singing songs out of nowhere. That to me like the uninhibited, like just no boundaries, do whatever you want. That's too scary for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's something about that. It's like it's always a plot point in a lot of like kind of haunted films. And I think it's just also that children are very psychic by their nature, and I think when I was a little kid too, Like, there's things that I believe that I saw as a kid which were legitimate ghost sightings, but I think my mind closed off to it a little bit later.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, what did you see as a child?
Speaker 2: Well, I saw a couple of things when I was a really little kid. And I remember being in my family home. I was maybe seven or eight years old, and I was in bed, and it was middle of the night, and I was looking at the hallway and there was a man sitting in the hallway reading a newspaper. And he didn't look like he was like from like the thirties or something like. He was like a hat on and a suit and a just full businessman reading a newspaper. Like he was just so weird see through see through? Okay, it was like but also not legitimately a ghost because it wasn't trying to scare me. He was just reading the paper, you know. And I couldn't read what the paper read, or I couldn't see when he was reading. I didn't see the headline or anything. I'm not sure. Then when he closed the paper, he looked up at me and then he disappeared. And so that's one thing that I remember when I was really like a little kid, and from then on, I insisted that my mother leave the hallway light on when we were going to bed, like there was just no way that I was going to let it be dark. But also my mother had a grand belief in ghosts because Koreans generally don't think that life ends at death, which I think is like everybody, but they're very practical about it, like we have. Our Thanksgiving is basically when you make offerings to people who have died, almost like an a frienda like a table where you have these little offerings for the people to remember them, but you would like include their favorite foods, but you don't have to prepare all the food. You can just make like a styrofoam ball and then stick the food on it to make it seem like there's a lot because they're not going to eat it. They just want you to go through the effort.
Speaker 1: They're not going to actually check. Yeah. I get that. Yeah, well that's sweet if you put the effort in. I get that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I always want to do one for my friends who have died, the people that have read me psychically in this house say that all of my spirits around me are basically old Korean people, like my Korean ancestors, and then drug addicts who are kind of not sure they're dead yet they've just died. So I have a lot of people in my life who have passed away due to the fentanel and so they're all here too, kind of crowding for space.
Speaker 1: Do you think that they like all can communicate with each other, like the older Korean people and like your friends, and do you think that they're working as a team. I always wonder that about myself.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what the psychics, the two psychics that I've talked to have said is that they're actually trying to shout over each other, and that oftentimes the drug addict will sort of muscle in where the old Asian people are like you, like you used to having the space. Well, no, we want to tell her this. We she needs to know this though, And so it's a funny combination of people in the afterlife who are kind of trying to talk to me. Just a really sweet collection of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, I love that. Like I personally, I mean, yes, loss is hard and but like I do like to feel when somebody passes, like, all right, you get to now you get to meet the other people that are with me. I guess, yeah, of course. I'm always like there are some rules. There's times when you guys you're not allowed to watch, like you guys got to turn not at all times. But when I you know, when the fun stuff come on board, let's do it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that there's like one person that for me was really important and she was somebody that I grew up with and she was my best friend, and she was the person that was prettier than me, funnier than me, smarter than me, had a better singing voice than me, everything better than me. And bitch, now she's deader than me, and I'm like, oh, I feel actually very safe with death because she's over there. So I kind of feel like a sense like, oh, she's very close. And after she died, it was kind of like, I guess it's not so bad, you know, It's just like she's my sister. So that's the one person that if I could actually reach her through a ouiji bord or whatever, that's the person I would probably talk to and I would know if it was her or not, because she's very distinctive.
Speaker 1: Right, when do you think about like going to a psychic or something you've got all these people, is that when they're pushing through to try to like I want to talk to the psychic or like, how does that usually go for you? I did see when you were on Tyler Henry and we talked about that the last time you were on, And I mean it did seem like there was ancestors and Robin Williams came through. Yeah, when you guys were doing that, do you remember was there like a lot of other people too, or yeah?
Speaker 2: It was mostly ancestors. Mostly, I think the women and my family who finally have a voice for me, because a lot of times in Korean culture, women become very invisible as they got older, and so I think a lot of the women in my family had a lot invested in the fact that I was able to break out of that, and so they were sort of making their presence known. There's a couple of people in that, as my grandmother and my aunt both are huge presences. Whenever I get a reading, they're always kind of front and center. And then now my friend who died, Jerry her name's Jerry. She's very much a big part of that too, So they're all kind of clashing with each other, which is really fun.
Speaker 1: I wanted to follow up from the last time you were on about the house that you live in. You were talking about there was like a dog goes possibly or maybe two dog goes and a woman goes. Have they been around at all?
Speaker 2: Yes, Well, I moved my two beloved dogs ashes into a beautiful place of prominence in the room that we're in right now, and since I did that, I've definitely felt like more of their presence around. I think that, well, this house is definitely haunted. When I first moved in over twenty three years ago, I saw the dog that lived here before, who had died the day the previous owners moved out.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, yeah.
Speaker 2: Really old. Her name was Tyler and she was twenty one years old, which is really incredible. And she would sit outside in this little area by the door, and I saw her the day that I moved in. They'd moved out, and I was like, Oh, that's so strange that she's here. They must still be here. And then when I talked to the owners, they said, oh no, no, she died and it was so crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh that's sad, though, where are they?
Speaker 2: I know you didn't want to leave?
Speaker 1: Who's this bitch? She's like, what's going on?
Speaker 2: But also whenever you know these other dogs, my dog's many dogs who I've had over time, but the two beautiful dogs from my life when they passed on. When I walked through the house, I could feel warm spots on the hardwood floor where presumably an animal had been sleeping. Of course they were not here. Or sometimes I would see in the tile like two little condensation marks, like nose somebody was breathing there, little dog nose marks, but they were not there. So it's beautiful. I love that I got to sort of make a little place for them here in the house. And you know, I think I've come to really appreciate the presences here in house. There's a woman goes to who I have not seen or not not necessarily felt. Really, but that's another thing. The psychics have told me that she's here, which were roommates were very comfortable together.
Speaker 1: Do you go to psychics a lot?
Speaker 2: I just happened to get the free readings on Sometimes I get on like the Long Island Medium and stuff. So I've gotten like really great free reading. I have not gone, but I've been offered things or people want to read, and I'm like so willing.
Speaker 1: So whoaa wait, have you met Teresa Caputo, the Long Island Medium? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 2: Yes, we've done a reading and this was right after Jerry died and it was really amazing, and so we did one. It was over the internet, so we didn't actually meet in person. But she's just wonderful, Like she's just a really cool psychic and I really enjoyed our reading.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, tell me everything.
Speaker 2: She's just fabulous. She's just like you know, she she just gets it, like she's just so very much her in her own style of reading. And it's really, I don't know, it's so interesting. I just I really admire her.
Speaker 1: I admire well, first of all, the nails and the hair very much. Yes, but yes, I've talked to several people that have been to her and Tyler Henry, and they both told me very great things about their accuracy and the way that they do it. And I don't know, dream guests. One of these days, I'm going to talk to Teresa Caputo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she would love you, and she's just really warm and exactly like you think she's going to be, you know, and she's got she's like reading from her home, which is like absolutely you know that sort of like Long Island palace. It's very perfect, and I just really I really enjoyed my time with her. Anti Lie Tyler is really interesting too, because he's so beautiful, like he's such a beautiful angelic person, and then he kind of comes over and then he just really comes alive with another part of his being that's just so remarkable. So I really enjoyed that. I've also had a great reading from this woman who she was on a psychic thing with Gooper. Her name is Laura Lynn Jackson. She was really like wild. She was so accurate with every kind of detail and things and dates, and that was almost more of like a future reading as opposed to what would end up being like a ghost sort of or like seeing spirits around you, So not really a medium but more like a psychic.
Speaker 1: Okay, have you like compared notes or anything or been able to see if the things have happened or come true yet?
Speaker 2: Well, well, person that I found the most able to do that was actually the pet psychic. She had a reading where she kind of talks and voices to the I have three cats and a dog, and she got to settle a lot of arguments between all my pets. And then she actually had me move some of the beds around to make it more comfortable for these pets, and they immediately took to them. So it's really incredible. There's one of my cats, she's like, oh, you should sing to her, and that was so right on, like the prescription to make this cat so happy. So I just sing to her all the time. And as soon as I start singing, she rubs her face on the ground. She's so like, she shows me her belly's so happy. It's really cute.
Speaker 1: Haang u. Okay, this needs to be a TV show, But like, I want to see this woman doing like a doctor Phil style show where you have like someone that has multiple animals and she settles the arguments between the two of them, yes, and tells us what their problems are with each other. I would watch the shit out of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's such a cool thing to witness somebody kind of speaking to animals in that way in a very psychic I just can't believe it. You know, and a lot of her work is geared towards talking to animals who have passed on. My animals didn't really come through, but she was still able to sort of help me with the full crew I have.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, I'm terrified of doing that. I've considered doing that on the show. But again, now I'm really making it sound like I'm committing crimes here. But my dog has seen some stuff, and I don't want my dog outing me on the show and sharing all of our secrets. And I don't want my dog calling me out like. I just can't. I can't have that.
Speaker 2: Animals are so psychic. Animals are so spiritual, they see everything.
Speaker 1: How psychic do you think you are like nowadays? Do you feel like you have any of that or are you an intuition person?
Speaker 2: I think so. I think I'm pretty good. I think I have a little bit of what I'm more open to and what I feel and what I sense. I think if I worked on it, I would be better.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm. Are you a synchronousity kind of person, like do you read into things like that? Yeah? For sure.
Speaker 2: I mean I can't really think of examples, but there's definitely things that made me realize my own career path was the right one. Like when I was a really young kid, I would have very vivid dreams of being in a stand up performance, doing stand up shows, and they felt exactly like they do right now. Like the way that it feels was once I take the stage, and when I'm doing well, it's so strange. So when I look back to my childhood and I realized, oh, this was actually sort of a predestined thing. Yeah, I don't know if that's synchronous, but that's more like we sort of understand our lives and our purpose in our lives and are persuaded somehow to take that path. And so that's I think very interesting.
Speaker 1: It's a premonition, like you saw it coming because you started stand up like how young, like fourteen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was really young.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, And I really I loved it.
Speaker 1: And I always think that live performers have to be intuitive and like sense energy, you know, like you can tell the vibe of a room, like that's part of your job, like read the room. Yeah, to me, that's a psychic thing. Do you agree with that?
Speaker 2: I absolutely agree. I think that's so much about like also doing like crowd work, oh yeah, which I'm not the best at. But I think that people who are really good at it are really plugging into a psychic channel.
Speaker 1: Some people are so good, I mean, it's improv. I took an improv class over Zoom during the pandemic because I was like, I gotta learn how to do this damn crowd work stuff. And I don't know, I don't know if I got that.
Speaker 2: I think it's psychic. I think it's a little bit of a divine channel that people are tuning into when they do that, because it's so fast. Yeah, it can't possibly be thought. It's faster than thought. Yeah, you know, it's actually pretty phenomenal. So it's something that I would like to get better at. But I think it really is plugging into a channel where you're tuned into what people are thinking, what people are watching. And I think that to some degree, people like Teresa Caputo or John Edwards are doing just that.
Speaker 1: They're just doing crowd work.
Speaker 2: They're doing kind of like an elevated crowd work that is going one step beyond the idea of just jokes. Now they're going into like, oh, people's lives and relationships and dreams.
Speaker 1: I truly like, and I have talked about this a lot in this show, but I really think that psychics it's like being a comedian. It's like sense of humor. It's like same kind of thing. It's like a sense that everyone has. But some people are like, I think I can make money doing this, and you have good days on the job via bad days, like sometimes they bomb a little bit, sometimes they're just like on a I think, especially from doing Living for the Debt and like working so closely with so many psychics, I was like, Oh, this is like the same thing, like as a comedian and a psychic. Like we're going into these places and like trying to find our thing that we do. Like I'm trying to find the funny, you're trying to find the dead people. We're trying to like use our sense to navigate this and we'll try different things and we'll see what works and what doesn't. And I see a lot of similarity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think that's what I love about Living for the Dead is that everybody has their own angle, whether it's you know, alex Is going in looking for temperature and electricity and kind of these like things that she can sense or like an app that she can use to like plug in sort of like the meter things. It's almost very like scientific and mathematic and that nerd shit. It's so that nerdsch it, which I love. That's what Pleasant is doing to be a true sort of introduced step to me or you know, whether that is like Jude seems to read from the nature and the land. It's very earthy in that way. And then you know you have Ken who's reading from his own trauma, like kind of Ken comes in like with his own trauma, and Ken runs it from his own trauma, which I really appreciate because that's sort of what I do. So they've all got their own angle. It's interesting. It becomes very Ocean's eleven, you know, which I love.
Speaker 1: Well, it's fun to compare notes. Like what we're doing is talking about stuff that doesn't always have like concrete answers. It's the unknown, So like why not try a bunch of different things? Yeah, everyone wants like a concrete answer, but it's not the kind of thing where you can always get those answers. So try everything. See what you come down to after all this different data we collect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's I mean, if Harry Houdini couldn't tell us, you know, if you know, if all the people who have died, one person who could have been able to report back, right, nobody ever heard. So we just have to really kind of use what we can see or what we are able to piece together. It's a wonderful mystery. It's a wonderful way to spend a lifetime trying to figure it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't it would be so boring if we know. I don't want to know all these answers, like actually, like you know, I want to It's the mystery of life. Come on, it's fun.
Speaker 2: It's the mystery, and it's also choose your own adventure too. I mean, there's a lot of ways to interpret it, and there's a lot of different ways that we would interpret things. So I'm also okay with the end being the end as well. Yeah, I think it's all very interesting, but I love it.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Harry Houdini, have you ever been to a seance?
Speaker 2: I don't think so, other than what I was able to do with Selene and Pleasant down at Casida, which wasn't really a seance. It was more just calling out and trying to communicate, but there was nothing ever as formal as a proper eighteenth century spiritualist revival seance, which I would love to go. I've never been.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's do it you mee soelene pleasant.
Speaker 2: That would be great.
Speaker 1: Let's fully tap in and light a candle and get it go in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd be powerful.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask you about superstitions. Do you have any of those?
Speaker 2: I do, but I also kind of reverse some like I think black cats are incredibly good luck, and I'm always trying to get them to cross my path. I'm always trying to get them to engage with me. I love the number thirteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think for Korean superstitions, just ones like don't shake your leg because you'll shake out all your luck, which I think it's really about. Don't fidget because then it's sort of like destroying your energy somehow, which I think is legitimate.
Speaker 1: I'm literally shaking my leg in the second you said when I stopped.
Speaker 2: I do like the idea of superstitions, but I don't know if I have any solid ones. I've whistled in a graveyard I believe, which to me isn't so scary.
Speaker 1: Do you have rituals before you go on stage that you like have to do.
Speaker 2: Not really, I think because we perform so much, there's no time to really be able to put that in place. I wish that there was some kind of rituals to sort of get me into a headspace of performance, but then again, we do it so much it's sort of hard to make space for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you think of aliens?
Speaker 2: I love aliens.
Speaker 1: They're having a moment. They are in their press era.
Speaker 2: I love it. I mean they're really they're in there like mummy era. They're like they're showing up in Peru, all like fierce and cute and small.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they said, oh, you don't know we could be teeny tiny too.
Speaker 2: You didn't realize we could be mummies and be adorable. Like they're just so cute and I want to eat them. They look like some kind of like sugary candy, and I think they're just so cute. I love aliens. I love it, like it's so cool, and like the government has to tell us, oh, yeah, they're real. Of course they're real.
Speaker 1: I mean I don't know. Yes, yes, I completely believe that they're real. But I'm just like, this government's never gonna tell us. I mean not to be like a conspiracy theorist, but I'm like, I need more. I want them to just fully be friends with us. I'm ready.
Speaker 2: I think they're so probably very frustrated with us because they're watching us destroy the planet exactly. They're watching us do dumb shit. You know, they're probably like, well, so much more advanced than we are because they had the ability to get here. Yes, well we don't really have the ability to go there totally.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: We have to sort of like be a fascinating to them because we're just fucking everything up all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like they're at their wits end, and I'm hoping that they come down here and just help us get it together. It's like when you're watching someone struggle. Yeah, I feel like they're like our supervisor and we're like day one on the job and they're like, all right, move, I'll do it. Come on. Like, I'm hoping that they do that for just everything we have here on planet Earth and just like fix all of our problems. That's my hope.
Speaker 2: I hope that they're like would be fun to fuck.
Speaker 1: First of all, we know they're into butt play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, for sure, they've long fingers. I would be into it.
Speaker 1: I like a long distance relationship. I am so down to having a boyfriend that can come and go through the planet.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, that would be really cute. So I love an alien. I love I want to know more. I think they're so fabulous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about bigfoot and cryptid creatures of that sort? Where are you at?
Speaker 2: I love bigfoot. I love a cryptid, even a fake one like a Fiji mermaid or yes, you know something, when they sew like a frog and a fish together, I just think it's so cute. I love anything anything different like that. But yeah, cryptid is cute. I love a chup of cabra. I find them fascinating. I love a werewolf. Uh huh, it's so fabulous. They're not as compelling, I guess as a ghost. That to me is a little bit more exciting and scary. But a cryptid is just so adorable.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing. Could they be ghosts.
Speaker 2: They could be ghost too.
Speaker 1: They're never caught, nobody can ever get them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I think we always have this idea that they're like animals that have never been discovered or something. But I think that they're ghosts. I think there's a.
Speaker 2: Possibility something spiritual about it, which I think that would be really cool. But yeah, I think crypto zoology is really I think, such an exciting it's an upcoming trend. It's on the horizon. It's going to heat up in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean, Lissa, I think there's way more important things that we need to be worried about that. If you're a scientist, there's a couple of things that they could do. But I like a hooky scientists too, Like I like one that wears a silly outfit and they go out into the woods looking for mythical creatures. I think that's fun too. That's something that I celebrate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a seventies style paranormal researcher like that show. I'm sure you're too young to know in search.
Speaker 1: Of I knew you're gonna say that. Leonard Nimoy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you watch those, they're really kind of cover the gamut of everything from spirit photography to cryptozoology, and it's all Leonard Niemoy stuff, which is so cool and seventies. So I like that flavor of paranormal research.
Speaker 1: Well, now, William Shatner has one that is called Unexplained with a big X in the middle, and I mean he basically is just like doing the intro and outro to every episode, but they do cover like all the different topics, which I like to do because I think this stuff is like more connected than we think, Like why not?
Speaker 2: I think so too. I think everything that we don't know about is really it's just under this surface and then we should know more about it. And that's why investigating it is cool. Also historically, like the way that society really colored the way that we looked at this kind of stuff, which is why I love that Victorian spirit spiritualism movement so much, because it was the one place where they could get real freaky because it was such a repressive society. Yeah, so here's one place where it was fashionable to get weird. And that's why say inteles were so popular and all the scams that were being run at the time. But I love that stuff.
Speaker 1: Because, hey, let's talk about something that we know is one hundred percent real. eBay haunted dolls.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm so scared. Okay, did I tell you about the one Eba haunted object that I did have that I had to get rid of immediately. Margaret Chow, I bought a dredging hook as a Victorian dredging hook.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: It was like a hook that was used to find bodies in bodies of water during the Victorian era. It was eleven dollars and I ordered it on eBay. I won it and it came the next day. And it wasn't in a package. It was in a paper bag wrapped with my address, just put on my doorstep, and I brought it into the house and the whole house felt like it was cold. And I put the hook on the mantelpiece. At that time, we had a lot of medical antiques. I was married then, and we had a lot of weird like old syringes and old medicine bottles, and so I put it there. And then every time my husband and I my ex husband now, but when we were in the room together, we would just start arguing about the most petty stuff, and the room would get colder and colder. And at night I would lay in bed and I would think about the hook, and I would feel something cold in the bed, like the hook was in the bed. It wasn't, but it was very strange and Finally, I just told my husband, you better get rid of that hook. So he gave it to his friend who had as door selling all this sort of like medical antiques. And as soon as he gave it to my friend his friend, his friend broke his leg and his store went out of business.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And then so he passed the hook on to somebody else. We don't know what happened to the hook, but man, that thing was like it was real, real crazy how it just took over the energy of the house that made the house. It was good for summer because you know, the air conditioning here is not that great, so it was good because it made everything cold.
Speaker 1: Oh hell yeah for free. I have to worry about paying for that.
Speaker 2: There's some weird stuff happening on eBay. Oh, people getting rid of these objects.
Speaker 1: Now, personally, I do think that there can be some legit stuff like that. Now, they weren't advertising it as a haunted right, No, that makes it more legit to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was just a medical antique.
Speaker 1: These people, there's a whole community of haunted sellers, and I don't know, it seems a little too coincidental sometimes that they have so many haunted dolls. Also, the dolls come with their own biographies when they're selling these dolls. So let's jump into a segment that I like to call the dolls are Living. Okay, jeeha, can you throw up this doll for us? Oh my god, here she is.
Speaker 2: That's terrifying.
Speaker 1: Now, this doll does not have a name. Usually they do.
Speaker 2: I don't like it.
Speaker 1: She's one of the scarier ones I've seen. And the best part is she knows her lighting, which is very important. Right, it's all about trying to make a sale. Here she's lit from beneath, so there's lots of shadows on her face, which is a great choice on her part. Yeah, her hair is a little frazzled. I don't know. I would guess she's probably like sixties or.
Speaker 2: It looks like it looks like Philis Diller.
Speaker 1: Yes, it kind of does look at Philis Diller. Like to me, it looks like every mom in the nineties on Christmas morning, like exhausted, like kind of in a nineties stressed Yes. Right, Well, okay, here's this doll's biography. It's actually a he oh, the spirit that's inside of this doll. Okay, it is currently going for seventy nine dollars, and it says he will not give his name. However, he has let me know that he is a man of an unknown age. He is very angry, he is mad, he is evil. He cusses in a muffled voice. He will make the doll vessel buzz. At night while you sleep, you can sometimes feel he is in the room with you, and then you smell an awful fart smell. That's what it says. Sometimes you will hear flies, but you cannot see them. He has entered my dreams. I always am asking him in the dreams, what is your name? What is your story? But he won't tell me. I have heard loud, heavy footsteps at night on my roof. I had my son check the attic to make sure that no one was up there. I was afraid someone broke in and was waiting for us to go to sleep. My son came down and said windows were locked and shut and he did not see anyone. My dog will not go near him. He's twenty one inches tall. He is striking, blue eyes, crazy blonde hair. He is most active at night. So far, no harm, just fear is felt. After the footsteps on the roof, I have kept him in storage. Okay, blah blah blah blah blah. So not okay with kids? Ok not okay with pets it keeps going on. But either way, seventy nine dollars. Wow, Margaret, you interested? Would you like a gift? You know, a host to sign you know what?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: But thank you? Okay, I don't want to find out. It's scary. Even if it wasn't true. The fact that this person has like put together this mythology is terrifying in and of itself, you know, so I just think respectfully declined. Please, Yeah, no, I don't blame you.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well that concludes that. Let's do one more thing here. Can I play you some ghost voices?
Speaker 2: Yes? Please?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's time for EVP or ev please. So you already know what a EVP is, Electronic voice phenomenal. What I do is I go to the Internet and I find people's EVPs electronic voice phenoma. They believe they have captured a ghost speaking. I'm going to play you two of them, okay, and I want you to tell me what you hear, any guesses you got, and then I'll give you an ABCD option of what the ghost hunter believes the ghost is saying, Okay, here's the first one. This one is from Pasadena Paranormal. I don't know the location. What is this ghost saying? Did you hear anything?
Speaker 2: I just heard like footsteps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's definitely some footsteps. Wait, let's hear it again. So there's like a whisper among the footsteps. I don't know. I don't know about this one.
Speaker 2: Oh he's like, go, sort of breathing. I guess right.
Speaker 1: It's a very breathy voice. Okay, I'll give you some options. Maybe this will help. Yes, is it A not great? Is it B target? Is it C Chocolate? Or D Margaret?
Speaker 2: Play it again?
Speaker 1: Okay, I can't. Well, they believe it's D Margaret. I mean, woo hello. That's actually how I found that. I said, is there anyone that says Margaret? And there was actually multiple and that was the best one I found.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great. I mean there would be a lot saying Margaret because it's such an old name. It's such an old lady name.
Speaker 1: So they were trying to figure out what the ghost name was and it said Margaret.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, this next one's better. This one comes from supernatural unit on YouTube. And this is at the Sonoma Mountain Cemetery in Sonoma, California. What is this one saying that fully sounds like a human.
Speaker 2: It's somebody whining about He's like totally. It's like hello, no, no.
Speaker 1: That's a full sentence. Yeah, let me play it again.
Speaker 2: Any guesses something about no more?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No more? Well, here's some options. Is it A I got a case of the Patty lapones. That's like when you yell at an audience all the time, which I love. By the way, Uh, is it B? Why don't you guys start moving along? Is it C? I'm moving my kids to another lawn or d? All these gays keep smoking my bong? Here we go.
Speaker 2: Oh, why don't you kids start moving along?
Speaker 1: Yes, they believe it is B. Why don't you guys start moving along? Yeah, get out of here.
Speaker 2: She's saying she doesn't want to be she doesn't want to be disturbed.
Speaker 1: Good for her, I get it. Speak up, Margaret. That's like, that's it this time.
Speaker 2: Wonderful. Well, I love this and I will continue to watch the show. I love it.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I would love to join you in your ghost adventures at some times. So anytime you need an extra, an extra researcher, I'm there for you.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, Margaret, this is like so iconic you You are like the best to me, like truly, I'm so grateful that you take the time to talk to me. This is so cool.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Can you tell people where to find you your touring, I'm touring.
Speaker 2: People can find me on Margaret Show dot com. I'm on the Instagram at Margaret Underscore Show, I'm on TikTok at the Margaret Show, and I'm on X at Margaret.
Speaker 1: Show, gard Jazz.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much to Margaret Show. Go back and listen to the first time she was on at the beginning of twenty twenty. Oh, I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Came on. This has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you. So email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's instagram at ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there and follow me Roz on Instagram at roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at it's Roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the startling Jiha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kuttner. Additional production support from the hair raising Hannah Kyle Krichten. My theme music is by the spine chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the spooky Vanessa Lilac. Photography by the terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the chilling Karen Kilgareth, the Spooky Georgia hard Stark, and the frightening Danielle Kramer.