Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Jim Stenebek along with Carrol Master. You are, let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. We're joined by Bloomberg Television Markets correspondent Nora Melinda Nour. What do you have for us?
Speaker 4: Boeing Well, yeah, say not knowing you love Boeing.
Speaker 3: Well, I was going to let her do the review.
Speaker 5: I was going to do a cute little intro, you know, stock flying High.
Speaker 4: I was sorry, I had a whole thing. Okay, nice Carol three two one.
Speaker 5: Yes shares a Boeing flying High. You're looking at ticker BA. This is the best performing stock in the S and P five hundred. And of course, this is after investors are feeling really reassured after the CFO said that they should expect billions of dollars in cash flow next year. And of course, if you really kind of look at what we've been seeing this year, we've been seeing the company burning through two billion dollars in cash. So this is a welcome reassurance that we're hearing from the company here. So you are seeing shares of Boeing up as much as what more than ten percent, rising for their best days since April. So you really are seeing some strong performance here. The street's clearly liking it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean number one gator. As you said, quite a bump to the upside. Quite a bump sometimes in a Boeing plane.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of turbulence. We noticed that right, like in some of our.
Speaker 3: Are you talking about real turbulence, yeah, not equity market turbulence.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not. Okay, well not at this moment.
Speaker 5: So we're centered. Yeah, we're aligned. Now, Okay, where we go next, Well, let's move over into healthcare. I've got my eyes on Jane's Therapeutics. Now, this is the company I had to dig a bit into. Was just a little bit less than one billion dollar in market cap, but it's a drug developer and it's seeing its worst day ever. It's really really seeing a strong pullback today, down as much as fifty one percent. It essentially did have some interim data from its early stage trial in terms of its prostate cancer therapy. The disappointed investors, so really taking a beating today. I mean the stock on a year today basis though, down sixty nine percent, So it's been a pretty brutal year for this company.
Speaker 1: It's so hard for some of these biotechs, right, who are often centered sometimes around one individual drug. This may not be the case for this one, but yeah, when there's some disappointment. It's true for the major pharmaceuticals too, if they're banking on something right. All right, that's doc as you said, down today, down seventy percent year to date, with eighteen percent of the float.
Speaker 4: Short, Where would you like to go?
Speaker 3: Signet Jewelers is where I want to go, although maybe not enough people are going there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, let's talk about the consumer. We've been hearing about Black Friday data. There's so much what retail earnings you've been getting as well. But in looking at Signet, this is take our sig. We're seeing shares that are falling. Really, of course, we are seeing this as the worst day since April. This is after the company is essentially expressing some caution as we look ahead into the holiday season, which is a really key season for the company. If you think about the fact that people are purchasing engagement rings during that time period. As we head toward the end of the year ahead of Valentine's Day next year, they're saying that they expect to see some sort of caution here when we think about the US consumer, despite the fact that they did get earnings that were better than expected. This is really what's dragging on the stock today.
Speaker 3: This is the parent company of K Jewelers and Zail. So you know, if you're in the market for that type of jewelry, this company has a good view.
Speaker 4: Do you mean that type of jewelry diamonds type of jewelry.
Speaker 3: You know what I still wonder about the what's the right way to talk about these.
Speaker 5: Lab grown diamonds.
Speaker 4: I think they're a great idea.
Speaker 3: So the effect that that's having, but I don't know that was before my time, like I was, you know, unfortunately was stuck with a non lab grown diamond in the whole engagement process. I know, I know, you know, you talk to people who are a generation younger than I am, and it's all about the lab grown Yeah, right.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, apparently you can't even tell the difference.
Speaker 4: We'll be right, they're the same thing, right, I don't know, can they go as big?
Speaker 5: That's a good question.
Speaker 3: They go big and they are way less expensive.
Speaker 4: You're way less expensive. There you go, which makes me think about, you know, what really is the value of these things?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: I like that?
Speaker 1: Like what I don't know what does it cost to make a lab diamond? I guess you should assume that it's.
Speaker 3: It's a very good question for this is a very good question and discussion for de beers, and it's a reason Whywana are having so much trouble, right ye, exactly.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.