Speaker 1: First Date Follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: John is on the phone today for a first date follow up, and he's getting ghosted by a woman named Chloe. So in a few minutes, we're gonna call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But first, John, how long has it been since you heard from Chloe?
Speaker 1: It's been like two weeks. I feel like I've given it enough of time to like give it a breath and see if it was just me or something I did weird. But like I really, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I thought we were vibe it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, two weeks is kind of a long time to not hear anything. I mean, unless maybe she's just really busy. Did you get that vibe?
Speaker 1: It didn't really seem like that. Like we so for starters, Like I wanted to do something fun and interactive, something that like didn't make us think about the fact that we were like.
Speaker 3: Just trying to get to know each other.
Speaker 1: So I s figned this up for a cooking class something something, you know, that we have something to do and we get out probably all together. So we took this cooking glass was more of a baking glass. We tried we tried to make a cake. I think what came out was like pretty edible. It was really cool. The instructor was really sweet. They had some wind flowing, they had good music.
Speaker 4: Why do you think you're getting ghosted?
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Man Like, after after the day we went out, we had coffee, we took a walk around the park and just shatted and she was like whipped smart, like annoyingly smart, in in a good way, in like the best way. She was like funny, she was kind and and I mean I was nervous, but she had I mean stitches. And I'm confused because like we even kissed. It wasn't like movie magic. It was it was a quick moment and it seemed like she kind of like pulled away pretty fast. But the lead into it seemed very open and receptive.
Speaker 4: Why would she pull away?
Speaker 1: I don't know. And maybe and maybe maybe she like she like wanted to keep things more prim and proper for a first date, which I can respect. I mean, I'm just like, maybe she has like a kid, I don't know about or about I have kids or something. Maybe she just got like weirded out, or she hasn't been on a day in a while and was like, maybe this isn't the right guy for my kid or something. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Okay, so she does have a kid, or you just think she has a kid.
Speaker 1: I have no clue. Maybe I'm trying to create scenarios.
Speaker 2: You're just going deep down a rabbit hole of like reasons, and you went straight to kids.
Speaker 1: I'm in the weeds an things possible.
Speaker 2: I asked, all, right, well, is there anything else other than maybe one of you guys as a secret kid.
Speaker 1: I think the reason I care so much is like most of the other days I've been on are just really like an all small talk. And and we got into some we got into some stuff. We started, you know, really getting esoteric. It was nice.
Speaker 3: It was lovely.
Speaker 1: It didn't feel like a first date.
Speaker 4: Nice word, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I studied my yeah that.
Speaker 1: And man, I don't know if she was like maybe she maybe she's in like a pollocule or something and I'm not the right fit. But I really I just a pollocule. Like she's poly, like she's in a she's a relationships.
Speaker 3: Trying to come up with like Pollock.
Speaker 1: You know anything under the son to explain it? Okay, keep replaying it over and over in my head, and I like, I don't want to put myself on the back too much, but I think I did a pretty good job. And I think I'm I'm pretty personal, so I'm maybe I'm just really ugly.
Speaker 4: Hopefully that's not it, but we'll find out for you. He's ugly things there.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll play a song come back, and then call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting you and maybe get you a second date.
Speaker 1: Okay, hey, thanks so much, guys, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Yep, we'll get your first day follow up right after this. It's the Jewel Show if you're just joining us for today's first date follow up. John is on the phone and he's getting ghosted by a woman named Chloe. So we're about to call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting and maybe get him a second date. But first, John, why don't you recap your dat again force real quick before we call her.
Speaker 1: We went to a little making bake cake date, had some coffee to go, walk, shared a kiss, and that was it, and.
Speaker 4: Then you've got some interesting reasons why you think you might be getting ghosted.
Speaker 1: I just think I'm probably spiraling out of control. All the reasons that I can think of is she's Polly, or I'm ugly, or you know, she's got a kid, and doesn't you know I want to be dating around Dune. I have no clue. I have no clue.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, are you ready for us to call her?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Man, I gotta know.
Speaker 4: Okay, here we go. Hello, Hi, MA, speak to Chloe. Please.
Speaker 3: This is Chief.
Speaker 2: Hey Chloe, how are you? This is a radio show. It's called The Jebile Show.
Speaker 4: Hi, Chloe, I'm Nina.
Speaker 3: Hey, make sure I.
Speaker 4: And my name is Juble. What's up?
Speaker 3: Hi? Did I win something?
Speaker 2: I don't know yet? Actually, but we did get an email about you, Chloe. That's why we're.
Speaker 3: Calling an email. I'm sorry, what is it.
Speaker 2: It's a radio show called The Jewbile Show, and we do a segment on our show that's called the First Date follow Up. That's where if you go out on a date with somebody and you end up ghosting them, that person can email us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting them. And somebody emailed us saying that you're not calling them back after you had a date and they really liked you, and they're wondering if we can figure out why.
Speaker 4: You're getting ghosted.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm really confused.
Speaker 5: I'm not really sure why you guys, I don't really know what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Hi, A few weeks ago, you went on a date with a guy named John.
Speaker 5: Wait, John, I it's not ring any bol Did you go make a cake with the guy?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Oh my god. McKenzie is gonna die when she hears this. Yes, I do know what you're talking about. Now, this is this.
Speaker 5: I can't even believe that you're calling me about this. This guy was like the complete weirdo I went out with two weeks ago.
Speaker 4: Do you think he's a weirdo? And who's McKenzie?
Speaker 5: McKenzie is my best friend and she actually she went out with this guy and she was telling me this horror story and there was a group of friends and we just kind of had this bet about Hall and I didn't really believe how.
Speaker 3: Bad the date was.
Speaker 5: So she told me I needed to go out with him to find out myself.
Speaker 2: So, oh, your friend went out with him. I didn't like the date and then told you that you have to check it out for yourself, and that's why you went out with him.
Speaker 4: Girl, that's terrible.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's that terrible. She he was like pretty awful to my friends. I don't see a problem with it. He was super.
Speaker 5: Weird, and my friend was telling me about it, so we just thought it would be hilarious this I actually went out a.
Speaker 3: Date with this guy.
Speaker 2: So you had no intention of calling him back. You just wanted to go check it out and see experience what your friend was talking about.
Speaker 3: She had she.
Speaker 5: Had a bet that I couldn't make it two hours on a date with this guy, and I made it just the two hours.
Speaker 3: And that was all enable.
Speaker 4: What was so weird?
Speaker 3: He dresses like super weird. He had a hat with like these peacock.
Speaker 5: Feathers on it, and then had a flannel shirt with a flannel shirt and then a hat with peacock feathers, and then he picked his teeth a lot, like with his fingernails and we were making a cake.
Speaker 3: It was disgusting, Okay. He used he just like.
Speaker 5: Used a lot of big words, like trying to tell like make it seem like he was really smart and it just felt like really unnecessary.
Speaker 4: Thank you for telling us, Chloe, appreciate that.
Speaker 2: And now I should let you know that John is actually on the phone and has been listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Wait what eymore, John's John's on the phone.
Speaker 1: Ye, yeah, it's mister Peacock. What's going on?
Speaker 5: I mean, I can't even but I can't.
Speaker 1: Believe in many words I can, I can just says sup.
Speaker 3: Wow, Okay.
Speaker 5: I mean, if this doesn't prove the point that I'm trying to make.
Speaker 3: I don't know what does.
Speaker 5: He wrote a radio station to confront me about this. I mean, are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: How unbelievably stuff it is to just go on gate with somebody as a joke.
Speaker 5: I think it's pretty stuff that you decided to then confront me on a public radio station afterwards so you can think about what you're doing too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am.
Speaker 1: I didn't understand what was happening, and you wouldn't get back to me. So I mean, if you want to keep ruining and meddling in other people's lives just as a lark, more power to you. And you're exaggerating about the hat. Yeah, there are peacocks feathers in it, but it's a regular hat. It's just like that's a little it's a little Papa color, and I didn't wear it the whole time while we were outside.
Speaker 3: Any hat with peacock feathers in it is not a normal hat. Let's just put that right on the table there.
Speaker 5: First of all, I don't know why you needed to come in confront anyone who's.
Speaker 6: Going on a date with somebody just to laugh at them with their friends. Is kind of messed up to when you, at least degree can we meet halfway?
Speaker 5: You picked your teeth and then made a cake.
Speaker 3: I don't really know what else to tell you about this situation.
Speaker 6: I mean, I you do not know, and you spent two hours on it date with somebody that you had no interest with.
Speaker 3: That's like way more of a.
Speaker 1: Move than picking cake batter out.
Speaker 3: Of your teeth. I don't know. I won the bet. I'm sure. I'm sure you won the bet.
Speaker 1: Maybe you can take all those winnings and buy a personality that's worth it. Damn.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Okay, I mean I have a personality. I have a boyfriend. I'm that's soot which maybe I'll message him we have a little chat.
Speaker 2: A date with John because your friend said he was weird and you have a boyfriend, but.
Speaker 3: You yeah, that's weird as a bet. It wasn't anything serious.
Speaker 4: Does your boyfriend know you did this?
Speaker 5: He knows that we have like a friendship like that, that we do like fun bets like that.
Speaker 3: He knows that.
Speaker 5: I don't think I actually told him I went on a date, but he knows that, like we do fun stuff.
Speaker 3: But it doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 1: Girl, You hear yourself, right, I just I just want to make sure that.
Speaker 3: We're all living in that reality. Yeah. I don't see a problem with it. I don't know why you have an issue with it.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine why anybody wouldn't have an issue with that. But you know what, thanks for showing your true colors. I got the answers I need.
Speaker 4: Olly, would you like another date? What John will pay for it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I just told you, guys, I have a boyfriend.
Speaker 4: So crazy, this.
Speaker 3: Is like, actually what this has been such a waste of my time? All you can just coughed wow?
Speaker 4: Whoa wow? John? She hung up.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry I couldn't get you another day with her. She sounds super sweet.
Speaker 1: I think I dodged a bullet, So yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Jubal's First Date follow up