Speaker 1: Welcome to the solid verbal. I'll that for me. I'm a man, I'm forty. I've heard so many players say, well, I want to be happy. You want to be happy for a day? Edo Steak is that whoo whoom?
Speaker 2: And Dan and Tie, welcome back to the solid verbal, Boys and girls. My name is Tye Hildebrand, joining me as always my good friend over there in snowy, snowy, snowy New York City. Dan Rubinstein, sir, how are you?
Speaker 1: We're about thirty six hours post Pisman Trophy and my my innerds my insides because I don't drink a lot and I drink a lot. It's a struggle bus in there, Tie, it is a struggle bus to drink. Dan was on full display on Friday evening. It turned into four and a half four point eight drink Dan. Okay, okay, you're pushing yourself when you get to that point. If you're my body, Well.
Speaker 2: It's good to see you. It was good to see everybody. Yeah, the Pisman Trophy, Sarah only. We posted a couple of pictures of us with the esteemed Adam Amine, who was in attendance. It was good to see him. Fine, gentlemen, good to catch up and talk about his year and you know what lies ahead for him. So that was fun. A lot of other notable personalities.
Speaker 1: It was a great Pisman crowd.
Speaker 2: Thank you as always for the invite to be part of the festivities.
Speaker 1: Of course, and congratulations to brock Riggs excuse me of Heidelberg University in Tiffin, Ohio. Boom walking away with the hardware, the most important piece of hardware in the college football postseason.
Speaker 2: A lot of fun. So we've got a lot to discuss here, not the least of which is the update on our shirt giveaway contest, which many people have been emailing in. What is the status of that? We'll talk about it.
Speaker 1: No more submissions, by the way, we have way too many.
Speaker 2: We'll also talk about the status of the live show and how ticket sales are going and what our plan is moving forward for that. So, without further ado Dan Yo.
Speaker 1: Mo bop boat boo bope.
Speaker 2: There was a football game yesterday. It was Army Navy. It was in the snow, so full disclosure, the solid wife and I came up to New York with every intention of at least considering whether we wanted to stay in the city on Saturday throughout the day and go see a show or do something. It's Christmas in New York. That's what people do, right. We thought about it. What we didn't realize when we drove up on Friday afternoon was that there was snow in the forecast for yesterday, like out of nowhere. Two to five inches was expected in the Greater New York Eastern PA area. And we called an audible, decided to drive home bright and early on Saturday morning, so we got home before the bulk of the snow hit. I'm glad we did. If you watched the Army Navy game, you saw a little bit of that. It was snowing pretty hard in our neck the woods here, which made for a really cool backdrop for a historic game between Army and Navy. Army one fourteen thirteen. As Navy misses a forty eight yard field goal in the snow, the kid had the leg just went a little bit wide left fourteen thirteen, Army wins again.
Speaker 1: Yes, a combined if I have this correct, three passes.
Speaker 2: Three passes for twenty two yards. It was like a Florida game. It was a Florida game.
Speaker 1: Navy. Unfortunately, Malcolm parry two hundred and fifty some midd yards and a losing effort, But good for Army for holding on and and good for Army for a camouflage system on the fields. That was fun to watch. No, it was a cool game to watch and obviously a unique moment and unique matchup in college football always always about the coolest thing to say.
Speaker 2: A grand total of three passes for twenty two yards, but ninety five collective rushing attempts at this game, which is not unexpected.
Speaker 1: And the first, the first I think winning for the Cadets since ninety two to ninety six.
Speaker 2: That sounds right, that sounds right.
Speaker 1: I'm coming all right.
Speaker 2: Baker Mayfield, to the surprise of nobody, wins the Heisman Trophy. It was the third time for him that he had been a Heisman Trophy finalist. He received seven hundred and thirty two first place votes, which I believe, if my math is correct, that would make him the fifth most all time, behind Charlie Ward and Cam Newton. So certainly a great year for Baker he wins the Heisman Trophy. Also of note, it is the fifth time since two thousand and nine that a Stanford player has finished as a runner up in the Heisman Trophy. That would of course be Bryce Love.
Speaker 1: Baker Mayfield did not have a bad game. Baker Mayfield was. He dominated the quarterback landscape, I would say in a way that is not seen in modern college football. He was so far and away the best quarterback in the sport that it sort of became a no brainer. And I know a lot of people have very strong and important opinions about Baker Mayfield's behavior, perhaps after games, during games, on the sideline, whatever, But he was such an incredibly special talent that it's a shame we won't get to see more of him because he was not really of this college football universes. Here we talked about him sort of being in between college and the NFL, just in terms of the talent and confidence that he played with starting out with the big Ohio State when even going back to the win against Auburn and bowl season last year. But yes, this was among the biggest recent no brainers of a Heisman vote an any issue with the vote at all? Did you see the top ten any sort of things that stood out.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at it now. No, yeah, no, not in particular the roquand Smith. I guess addition down at number ten caught me off guardy Roquand Smith is very good. But once you get outside the top three, it sort of turns into this mishmash of players that maybe would Nick spects some that you would, so don't. I don't have any hot takes as far as that goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if it were a much closer vote and you start seeing four first place votes for Mackenzie Milton, three for Rokwand Smith, who best player on arguably the best defense in the SEC, you know there's something understandable at that if you want to vote for the best pure player that you see, I don't know how you can say Rokwand Smith is better at playing linebacker than Baker Mayfield is at quarterback. But no, this was this was extremely easy, And yeah, poor Stanford always always coming second place.
Speaker 2: Baker Mayfield, Bryce Love, Lamar Jackson, Saquon Barkley, and Rashad Penny round out your top five, and then Jonathan Taylor tailback at six, which is awesome freshman by the way, Yes, Mason Rudolph Mackenzie Milton from UCF, Carrie On Johnson, and Rokwan Smith rounding out the top ten, So congratulations to Baker Mayfield. By all accounts, he's got a bright future waiting for him in the NFL. A lot of teams are excited about him, so we'll see how he performs at the next level. We also mentioned briefly at the top about brock Riggs getting the Pisman Trophy, but look up Heidelberg, a small college fifty five miles southeast of Toledo in the northern part of Ohio. He was, I thought, a little bit emotional about winning award. He had some family in town, some friends in town. He noted in his acceptance speech it was his first time in New York City, which is really cool, and definitely got a little choked up, held it together. But you were on stage with him. Did you hear the voice crackle? I could hear it, yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 1: And he brought his girlfriend and offensive line coach slash coordinator with him. His brothers showed up at the awards ceremony, and I don't know if you saw this, but there was a watch party at Heidelberg. Yes, he was awesome, friends and stuff like that. And as soon as our pal Ryan Nanny announced that he won, there was like that cool explosion thing like you see when you know a team gets into the NCAA tournament or something. You see that shot a lot and that was awesome to see. That was so cool.
Speaker 2: Mario Cristobal has officially been named the next head football coach at Oregon. We had speculated when we did our Willie Taggart Emerga Pod last week that Crystal Ball might be the selection. Jeff Schwartz on our program seemed to advocate for him. The locker room seemed to advocate for him as well. Mary chris Ball is a guy who has head coaching experience. It didn't work out so well at the end of his tenure at FIU, but since then he's had ample opportunity to learn and grow as a football coach. She did some time at Alabama, obviously, had a successful stint a short stint as an assistant at Oregon. Now he's been named the head guy, Dan, how do you feel?
Speaker 1: Well? First of all, it is karma for always making fun of words that we pronounced differently. That Oregon has now hired a Mario Mario. That is that's rough for me that I'm going to have to hear a difference in first name opinion that's on this show whenever we talk about him. But as for the highre itself, I think I like it. You know, it's not overwhelming, and I don't think you're ever going to get an overwhelming higher short of you know, loving Chip Kelly as an offensive coordinator and promoting him within like they did in two thousand and nine. And it's hard to it's hard to really justify feeling great when you're Oregon and you're far away from the sort of masses and you're always going to get your definite first choice. And given the circumstances, I think it's good. I think the continuity should be pretty good. I think he's going to hold on to a few assistants who I think acquitted themselves pretty nicely. I can't imagine Jim Levitt is going to be long for Eugene after the Las Vegas ball. I imagine he's disappointed and he gets to go to Florida's state and coach with Willie Taggart. An easier job, I would say, in terms of recruiting and the talent that will be on hand and the opponents in the ACC. So I think it's good. I think the players seem to love him. He appears to be well liked in the administration, looks to be a steadying force. I think he should be able to hire well assistant wise, and so it all seems to be clicking. You know, we have to see if he is actually able to lead teams in and out of wins. You know, struggled with a backup quarterback at times or the whole time during the season offensively. But I have faith given that Justin Herbert looks to be a top three or four quarterback returning for next year, that at least in the short term, and he has I think like a ten million dollar buyout so he doesn't take off in quick succession, that that Oregon will be in good shape. They are stocked pretty nicely. If they can hold onto the roster, if they can sort of take this I think Willy Taggart had them at like number five or six recruiting class and keep them in like the top fifteen something like that with the early signing period and then the standard one. I think it will be a short term.
Speaker 2: You're feeling higher, You're feeling pretty good about this, then I'm encouraged.
Speaker 1: I'm not you know, I'm not blown away, but I'm encouraged. And that's that's about as much as you can hope for given a coach bailing after one year.
Speaker 2: Also in the coaching world, Barry otom, Missouri's coach, got a two year extension. I think it's notable, if only because it was a rocky start to the season for Missouri, and then Barry otom gave that impassioned speech, right he talked about how he's the guy to turn this program around, to build it back from the ground up, and Missouri went on a bit of a run at the end of the year. They finished I thought in impressive fashion. The offense really did spring up around Drew lock in an impressive way, and Missouri is headed to a bowl game. They have rewarded him with two year extensions. So it looks like Barry Odam's going to be sticking around Columbia for at least two more seasons. Yep.
Speaker 1: We'll be interesting to see who he replaces Josh Hipel with as offensive coordinator considering the success that Drew Locke had and I know some people will point to the fact that well, Missouri beat up on a bunch of teams who were down and the defenses weren't great or they're going through coaching changes. Ty, I think you would agree pretty good teams beat up on teams that are not super good. YEP. So I am totally happy if I'm a Missouri fan with how the second half of the year wound up after sort of looking embarrassing, you know, against Purdue early on South Carolina whatever. Good for a zoo will be curious to see how this momentum goes into next year.
Speaker 2: The only other tidbits that I have here before we talk about our shirt contest and our live show. There was some news on the administrative front yesterday. Christelle Conte, formerly the athletic director at TCU, has been hired for the same position over at Texas. Christale Conte sort of known in this world one of the superstar ads out there, so it was notable, at least for a lot of the folks that cover college football to see him embarking on a new challenge now leaving TCU and headed down to Austin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, never forget Chrystal Conte's transition, his help to get TCU to the Big East, which I think still reverberates to this day. Now or joined the Big Eiast for a hot second before joining the Big twelve. That transition obviously went very well, helped to oversee a football program that kept growing and growing under Gary Patterson. Managed to hold on to Gary Patterson even though there's been I think a bunch of interest in him throughout the years at different places. And now, to me, that's the thing that I'm curious about, because Gary Patterson just signs an extension the ad leaves for Texas, which you can hardly blame somebody for taking a jump and job like that, But now I'm legitimately curious see what TCU looks like moving forward with some changes on top. But hey, big move, Texas should be in pretty good hands.
Speaker 2: Big move. Yeah, Texas has sort of been in a state of administrative limbo ever since they got rid of Steve Patterson that hold debacle a couple of years ago, and an interim guy, Mike Parrin for a few years, and the intention was always to replace him with someone on a more permanent basis. Now they're bringing over Dell Conte, so we'll see how that affects the state of the Longhorns program as well. Okay, on solid verbal news front, Den two bullet points. First and foremost, the live show tickets very quickly sold out, at least the allotment, the first wave. Yeah, the first wave, if you will, of tickets that I put out there for people who live in Atlanta know they'll be in Atlanta on January sixth. That allotment went very quickly. Within a day, it all sold out, to the point where I started pulling over some of the tickets that I had put aside for people who might be coming into town for media, friends, so on and so forth. I pulled more tickets over. We sold out of those as well, So damn. Suffice to say, ticket sales have been quite strong. I would again urge people, if you are a fan of one of the four teams that are going to be in this playoff at the end of the year, I guess at the start of next year, and if you think you might be coming into town if your team makes it on through to the championship, reach out. Let us know so that we can put some tickets to side. Trying to get a rough headcount for how many people that might be. Some folks have emailed already. We would encourage you if you are on the fence If you don't know, just let us know, because if you are in town, we'd certainly love to have you at the live show. Otherwise, we're going to open some of those tickets back up to the general public because there does seem to be a lot of interest. Dan and I have yet to figure out exactly what we're going to do at this live show. Here's what we know, but that is something I think you and I are pretty good at. We'll figure that out in the meantime, though, tickets are doing really, really well. We're excited to do the show on January sixth, so just reach out and let us know your status.
Speaker 1: It will be some sort of funeral and or preview funeral for the season preview for the National Championship game. There will be some sort of Q and a quotient.
Speaker 2: When you say funeral that puts a very dark spin on it, Dan, Yeah, no, I know, but it's college football and sometimes you got to put a dark spin. There'll be a certain flavor of darkness to it.
Speaker 1: Yes, there will be some darkness. We have pals of course that you know. The full cast guys are in Atlanta and where we hope to have a quotion of that we're going to try to get Bill c and Steven godfree from I learned you're not supposed to call Pap and Tie it's papn Yeah, I don't know. In my head I always said pappened, but podcast name played nobody. We hope that they're going to swing by if they're in town, you know, talk to Andy Staples, Bruce Felman. We're gonna, you know, Adam a meet like We're just we're gonna have people there, tye. If you don't like us, that's cool. We have other college football weirdos that we think are going to pass through. And can I be shameless for a moment.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: We got a couple of emails and tweets saying, Hey, I work at a brewery, like could could we bring a keg? Can we bring cases? A bit like yes, if you if if you work or are somehow connected to a local Atlanta brewery and have cans because we do need to keep the space very clean. But if you have cans or bottles or something like that and you would like to donate it to the cause in a safe, responsible way, we were happy to shout out that brand name on the show and talk about how delicious your local.
Speaker 2: Beer, solid verbal at gmail dot com hit us up and uh, I think it's something we can easily work out.
Speaker 1: We be And same goes foras Yeah, if you're connected, if you work, if somebody wants to donate some snacks to the cause, maybe some tots, maybe some nachos, whatever, we would be happy time, more than thrilled to be like, hey, go get your tots at Steve's tot Emporium. Absolutely, So, what we're saying here is right now, we've secured the venue, We've got people coming to the venue. But much like the Fast and Furious movies, Dan and I still need to gather in a dilapidated warehouse and assemble the full cast of characters that are going to take part in this endeavor.
Speaker 2: But it will be fun. We appreciate everyone who's already reached out to us, and I think it's gonna be a full house. I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be a great time. So looking forward to seeing everybody down in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: The only other news tidbit on the soliverbal front before we get through a bowl games that we need to discuss in fine detail here we did a shirt contest. Oh yeah, a couple of weeks ago, we've gotten emails from people, tweets from people asking did I win? Can you tell you did I win? I want a shirt? Here's the deal. Submissions have officially been halted. No more submissions because we've got more than we can get through anyway. Yeah, we are in the process of going through and reading those out. We want to give each one its proper due. Dan and I need to discuss our favorites, but we are still working our way through that. We will give shirts out, we promise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the next week or so, we'll make decisions and alert the winners real quick before we get into the Bowl games. Can I go through the awards? You know, we make a big deal of putting a lot of our friends on the watch lists. Yes, we please give some closure real quick. I mean, you know about Baker Mayfield and the Heisman and brock Rigs and Pismen. But Miga Fitzpatrick took home the Bnard for the Best Defense of Player, James Washington, the Best Receiver junk yard Gym no brainer, tie, nope, no brainer, and had some good competition. The Broyles Award for the Best Assistant goes to Tony Elliott for Clemson and co oc We saw the Clemson offense really look very good with a first year starter in Kelly Bryant. Rokwand Smith we mentioned as the best linebacker, and so he wins the but Gus Davey, O'Brien, Baker Mayfield best Quarterback, Doak Walker, Brice Love best running Back. The Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year award to Scott Frost. I think that's a pretty suitable recipient. The lou Groza for the best kicker goes to Matt Gay. You'll be shocked to learn he kicks for Utah because that's who wins kicking awards. Mark Andrews from Oklahoma rightfully wins best tight End. Pretty good year with Fumagalli and Gasiki also finalists. The best all around player goes to Baker Mayfield the Negersky that was the Maxwell. The Nigersky gos to Bradley Chubb, who set all sorts of records for NCIS State at Oliver wins the outline for best interior Lineman, which wish he were in bigger games this year for Houston, but such as I Saquon Barkley wins the Hornig for Versatility. The Piseman, of course we mentioned, Michael Dixon wins the Ray Guy for Texas, Billy Price wins the Remington Mika Fitzpatrick, the Thorpe Baker Mayfield, Walter camp and the William V. Campbell goes to Micah Kaiser of Virginia and that incorporates academics and service. So that's pretty great.
Speaker 2: Awesome, Well, congratulations to everyone that want an award. Congratulations to all the finalists as well. Very exciting. Okay, before we go any further, we did talk about shirts before. We should talk about why you want to go through Proper Cloth to get your next stress shirt. Now, I did not see you in a proper Cloth shirt while you were presenting at the Pisman Awards ceremony. However, I do know you have a wedding coming up. Will you be wearing the Proper Cloth shirt to one of your best friend's wedding this coming weekend?
Speaker 1: Yes, it is black tie optional. I'm not wearing a tux, but I will be wearing that white, beautiful proper Cloth shirt that fits my slender body just so ty.
Speaker 2: Yes, Proper Cloth is one of our longtime friends here on the verbal. They know that finding a dress shirt can be difficult because something's always off. It's not easy to get something off the rack that gives you the nice fit that you want. They've made ordering a custom fit shirt easier than ever before. Go to propercloth dot com and you can create a custom shirt size in just seconds by answering ten simple questions. You can fully customize this thing any way you want it. A bunch of collar styles like ten cuff styles, five hundred fabric styles. I can't even say it, that's how many there are, from classic to business. Completely customize your shirt and get the exact style that you want. They work with all the best fabric producers from around the world. Each shirt goes through extensive quality control testing, and if they send you something that doesn't fit perfectly the way you want it, they'll remake it for free. Give it a shot. They say they're the future of shirts. I think that's a pretty good tagline. I think what's most important is that each of these shirts is completely custom for you, and it all starts just eighty bucks. So stop wearing shirts that don't fit. Look your best with a custom fitted shirt. Go to Propercloth dot Com slash Solid today. Need that slash Solid at the end, and then you enter the gift codes solid and you'll save twenty bucks in your first shirt. So it's a good deal, it's a good product. It's worn by Dan Rubinstein. What more do you need? Hell yeah, propercloth, dot Com slash Solid, save twenty bucks in your first shirt.
Speaker 1: Do it, Daniel, Yo.
Speaker 2: Dan, and time to help the needy pix of the week. So that sound may be a little bit misleading. What we do you're in and you're out around these parts, is we go through all of the Bowl games. In this case, there are forty one of them that we need to discuss. We don't do them all at once because we'd be here all day previewing games, and quite honestly, I've only looked at the first eight. But what we do is we go in chronological order. In the case of today's show, we're going to take you up till December twentieth and the DXL Frisco Bowl. It's a big one between Louisiana Tech and SMU. We'll talk about that, we'll talk about all the other games that precede it. We do have a Bowl Confidence Pool, which you can find linked up on our Facebook page, on our Twitter account. We've also got it out on the web page at solidverbal dot com. You should go and sign up now compete for fabulous prizes. Initially we thought about giving away ten bitcoins, but now it's a little steep, so may we'll give out a shirt or something like that. But the way it works is you don't have to pick against the spread. We'll talk about the spread here as we go through each of these games, but you pick the winner quite simply. You pick the winner, and then you rank how confident you are on a scale of one to forty one, forty one being the most confident, one being the least confident. Now, I've got a formula for this, and I talked about it on last year's show. It is not my formula. I've adjusted it over the years, but this originally comes from our friend East Coast Elliott, who used to listen to the show. Now he's got a bunch of kids and I don't think he's got the time to.
Speaker 1: Do so oh gotcha button.
Speaker 2: Elliott was adamant about reversing the order of confidence. So, for example, if you go to our Bowl confidence pool, the way that ESPN has pre ranked it for you. It starts with the Celebration Bowl on December sixteenth between North Carolina A and T and Grambling, a fun game. It starts by putting that as number one, which means if you get the game right, if you pick the winner, you only get one point. Elliott's idea was that you should You could flip that and instead of waging only one point on a game that a lot of folks don't pay as close of attention to, you should put forty one points on that. And for that matter, you should put the most points. You should front load it on a lot of the games that people may not pay as much attention to, because typically that's where you see bigger mismatches. So I've been trying it for a couple of years now, and I'm not going to say that I've won all the pools I've been in, but generally speaking, you finish in the top quadrant usually end up doing pretty well. So my only new wrinkle in relation to that formula is that this year, if you lost your coach, I'm putting fewer points on you, even if I think you'll win. Like Oregon's a really good example you lost your coach, but I still feel pretty confident that they're going to win. I'm just not going to wager as many points on you as I might normally.
Speaker 1: Sure, Yeah, there's there's a lot more wild cards without with interim guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and in the case of SMU, I'm probably gonna go Louisiana Tech because you know, Chad Moore.
Speaker 1: I'm a big believer in Jeff Trailer.
Speaker 2: That's right, That's right. I feel a little bit better about Mario Chris Ball than I do Jeff Trailer. But okay, let's start with the celebration. Bawl. They play it in Marcedes Benz Stadium.
Speaker 1: You say Marcedes like Marcedes lowis because if you did God bless Hi.
Speaker 2: I meant Mercedes. Excuse me now, I like that. The word police are out in full force here. This one is December sixteenth, at high noon on ABC. It is between the champions of the Mid Eastern Athletic Conference at eleven or zer North Carolina A and T and the champions of the Southwestern Athletic Conference Swack. Yeah, the Swack, the Grambling team that comes in at eleven and one for the record. The points bread here is nine and a half in favor of North Carolina A and T. I love watching this game every year day, and there's a lot of tradition here. It's a lot of fun. Normally I go grambling, but I'm gonna admit here that I don't know a whole lot about either team, and the fact that the odds makers favor so heavily North Carolina A and T has definitely swayed me. So if I were a betting man, I'd go Grambling plus the points. But because Vegas seems to be strongly in favor of North Carolina A and T, I'm gonna go North Carolina A and T for thirty six confidence points.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna go with en Cat as well. Ty, I'm going to end Cat. And before we started recording Full Disclosure, you and I were talking about all the shifts that North Carolina A and T employees on both sides of the barmore right. You were talking about the effects that had on a lot of defenses that they've faced. So, because you seem so confident before we hit record, I'm gonna go with North Carolina A and T.
Speaker 2: The shifting is reminiscent of the Washington Redskins back in the Techmos Super Bowl days.
Speaker 1: It's true, It's absolutely true.
Speaker 2: Let's go North Carolina A and T We agree here unanimously on the podcast. Yeah. Then as we get into some FBS schools, we start as we often do. On December eighteenth, one pm. It's on ESPN. Do they still do Capital one Bowl week? Is it's still a Capital one thing? I don't know if this counts as bowlwik I think this is. This is a little bit before Bowl week, the RNL carriers New Orleans Bowl. This one's in the mirror Sades Benz Superdome in New Orleans. It is between Troy at ten and two. It's a team, not a person. They are a six and a half point favorite over the North Texas Mean Green Dan. What kind of gift situation are we looking at here in.
Speaker 1: Front of me? It says gift suite and fossil watch. So unclear what's in the gift suites?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm thinking. I have not looked at this at all. I promise you, I swear upon tacos. Do you think this is going to be a heavier Bluetooth year. It feels like it's we're going that way because we don't have phone connectors, right, and newer iPhones and Android devices.
Speaker 2: Like a lot of Beats wireless earbuds, that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sensing that's going to be the case, AirPods whatever, and I listen, those things might be in the gift suite across. You know a lot of these bulls have gift suites. So I'm gonna go ahead and guess heavy bluetooth. Portion of the heavy bluetooth.
Speaker 2: I could see echo dots, I could see any of the voice activated technology.
Speaker 1: I hate that stuff.
Speaker 2: You know, what's the Google thing called the mini Google Google Express. Yeah, they have a name for the mini Home so Google Express or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Google. We are definitely spying on you and collecting data, right exactly, just says gift suite and a fossil watch. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: So okay, Troy beat LSU this year.
Speaker 1: They did.
Speaker 2: That has to count for something in this game, right, sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They have a good coach who has been rumored to be taking jobs perhaps in that region, Neil Brown. They run the ball well, they stop the run really well. They are unbelievably efficient as for scoring points when they get into the red and green zone. So within the twenty and forty, I think they were like number one in the country something crazy. So Troy does a lot of things really well and that helped them to have a huge win over LSU.
Speaker 2: They're number one in the country. I believe at stopping you.
Speaker 1: Oh that's what it is. Yeah, they're on Their defense is unbelievable and stopping yeah, number one in the nation.
Speaker 2: When your team gets inside the forty on them, they don't let you finish drives. North Texas is interesting though. It's an interesting matchup because the Mean Green doesn't play a whole lot of defense, but they are really good on offense, led by Seth Latrelle, another hot name in the coaching world.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: So they're extremely young on offense, watch out for them next season. But you bring up a really good point about Troy. They're very efficient, they're very defensive minded. They won't buoiwl you away with their offense, but they're good enough to get it done. They're good enough to keep you out of the end zone. I'm going Troy here to the tune of forty points, Dan.
Speaker 1: I am, I'm gonna go Troy as well. I'm thinking more in the thirty region. Okay, but yeah, North Texas has had a very nice year, a great comeback story. Mason find a smaller quarterback I think. I don't think he's six feet tall. A little mistake prone, but a great year. Spreads the ball around pretty evenly. Love the steps that they've taken. But yeah, going with Troy.
Speaker 2: The Auto Nation Cure Bowl, Cure Bowl, Dan Cure Bowl, oh Okay, Camping World Stadium in Orlando, December eighteenth, at two thirty pm Eastern Time on CBS Sports Network. We've got a match up here between Georgia State at six and five. They're a five and a half point favorite over the Hilltoppers of Western Kentucky at six and six. What's our all important gift situation for this game, Daniel?
Speaker 1: So we've got a watch. It's unclear who makes the watch, but that's a time watch. Yeah, you got a backpack always useful, you know, if nothing else. You can put your audio equipment in there when you travel to podcast on the road. Sure, warm up suit pants and jacket?
Speaker 2: All right? Fair?
Speaker 1: Goodbye?
Speaker 2: Now it says warm up suit pants and jacket. Mm hmm, suit pants. I don't think that's I think that's unfortunate wording. Okay, warm up pants and jacket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a dry fit shirt, long sleeve shirt. Okay, it seems redundant, but okay, that seems useful, good for training. And a hat unclear if it's a top hat on here. If it's a newsboy hat unclear, if it's a beanie, but there is a hat.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's a choice of hat styles.
Speaker 1: Games in Orlando, so not a lot of not a lot of travel for Western Kentucky or Georgia State.
Speaker 2: Right right, that's an okay, gift situation, utilitarian. Both teams here limped to the finish Georgia State lost their last two. Western Kentucky lost four of their last I am swayed a little bit by the fact that A I love the Western Kentucky mascot, deal Hilltopper, my firs. In college football, Western Kentucky's been pretty good the last couple of seasons, even though they did limp to the finish year. And let's be honest, I got to put thirty nine points of confidence behind my boy. Future Notre Dame coach Mike Sanford, junior at Western Kentucky, Future Notre Dame coach, potentially interesting.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, Western Kentucky an okay offense because Mike White was back, below average defense, was an ugly loss to FIU at the end of the year. Butch Davis, they don't according to the sp plus, don't have a top seventy win on the year, which is not anything. I love to see. Georgia State an above average defense, pretty good versus the run, but they themselves also no real good wins, can't themselves run, but an efficient passing team of times wide receiver Penny Hart, he's five eight, he's awesome. He had a really good game at ORCS a couple of years ago, actually I remember. And also he sounds like porn star. Yeah, Penny Harts. So there's that. I think I'm gonna go Georgia State here, I'm gonna go Georgia State.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go Western Kentucky. Okay, I'm gonna go against the Panthers. Now, we actually have a very vocal group of Georgia State listeners to the soliverbal Hell. Yeah, so shout out to you guys who have been fighting the good fight for a while. I'm on your side. Yeah, and I am too. I'm just gonna go Western Kentucky here.
Speaker 1: Okay, gotta fud spread again.
Speaker 2: Five and a half in favor of Georgia State.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's ride that.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the Las Vegas Bowl, a game of particular interest Sam Boyd Stadium out there in Vegas, December eighteenth, at three point thirty pm Eastern on ABC, We've got your Oregon Ducks at seven and five. They are a seven point five point favorite over the Boise State Broncos. What does a gift situation here? Dan?
Speaker 1: There is a gift suite on clear what's in there? An Oakley backpack and tag? That's pretty good that I just assume some sort of like very solid identification card attached to the backpack.
Speaker 2: Oakley backpack and tag. Okay, I don't know if that's a tag. I don't know if i'd want to label that here, but the tag, I think it's sort of like a dog tag. It looks like attached to the backpack. Okay, what else if.
Speaker 1: That excites you? Great rockham socks, which I just googled because what is this rockham socks are? I was really hoping there were socks with speakers in tooth speaker socks they are not. They're just socks with various prints of sports teams and whatever pop culture things. So rock them socks. So I assume they're like, I don't know if they're Las Vegas Bowl themed or Oregon ducks and Boise State Bronco theme socks.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I'm looking at these, at these right now. Yeah, these are loud socks, Dan, I'm.
Speaker 1: Looking them up. So they do. They are befitting of the name. They're Oh my god, yeah, they really rock.
Speaker 2: They do. There's a lot of rock in here. I do like the Miami turnover chain socks.
Speaker 1: These Oregon socks are dope. I might order these, Actually.
Speaker 2: I just don't know when i'd wear them.
Speaker 1: You don't know when you'd wear what any of these? Why wear many day to work? Who cares if.
Speaker 2: I showed up wearing a turnover chain sock? Dan, Do you think that would advance my career? You think the CIA is going to care? The CIA won't care? All right?
Speaker 1: They are these are good looking socks. So is their Notre Dame socks. Notre Dame is not a partner. It doesn't look like the Penn State socks we have. You've got like, yeah, you've got a nitny lion, You've got just the logo everywhere. You've got like a weird white out. I guess theme sock. That's pretty cool. They are a pretty that Yes, so the rock'm socks and a beanie the beanie.
Speaker 2: Okay. Boise was very solid this season. They won the Mountain West. Defensively, they're very good against the run. I trust in Justin Herbert though more than anything else on the field, and that's truly a weakness for Boise defense this year against the pass that I think is what Mario crystal Ball is going to go after. And I think Oregon feels pretty good about the fact that they'll be retaining him as the coach. A lot of players on that team, I would think, would want to close out strong to try and state their case for the next season. Sometimes when you got a new coach coming in, guys tend to take the Bowl game off. I don't think that will be the case now with crystal Ball being retained as the head guy. So give me Oregon here. I won't go as heavy on Oregon as I would typically go in a game like this, just because of the coaching change, but I still feel pretty confident. Twenty seven points for me, all.
Speaker 1: Right, so yes, you're totally right. Boise. Very solid after that, real gross for j loss. They finished the season winning eight of nine, all pretty comfortably other than the shootout against Colorado State, who they themselves have a pretty awesome offense. I think we'll get to it in a minute. They held six of those seven teams that they beat after Virginia under twenty, so defensively, very solid, especially versus the run. Really good up front. They held Fresno State under twenty in the Mountain West Championship game. They're very good at limiting big plays, and Oregon is a big play offense, a big play team. You can throw on them, as you mentioned, but not downfield a ton. You can sort of keep throwing it through the air because that's what throwing is, but you can keep the ball moving through the air. Boys is a good team. They're just a flat out good team. I'll be curious to see. I think it's Alexander Madison. He's been beat up and he got beat up against Fresno State, so he had a good year at running back. We'll see if he's healthy enough to play against Oregon. Brett Rippons sort of reclaimed that job after losing some time to Montel Cozart, so yeah. Oh and Cedric Wilson very good receiver for Boise. Oregon of course when Justin Herbert is healthy, very much look like a top twenty twenty five team as they closed out the season in very strong ways. So I think Oregon's going to be excited for this game, excited to start the Mario Cristobal era. But it is I think you're right. It's always pretty dicey with an interim coach. I never know, but yes, this is the beginning of a new era without having time to really figure out who you are. And so now Willie Taggert gone. I think Marcus Arroyo, who is the quarterbacks coach, has been promoted to offensive coordinators. So I don't know who will be calling plays in this game because Willy Taggert was the primary play caller for Oregon during the season, so I think there's an adjustment period. I'm actually gonna go with Boise here. I think Boyse went out to win out right. I think Boise is a little more structurally sound right now. I don't love Brett ripping against this past defense but yeah, I think so. I think there's just there's too much transition in Eugene right now. I think Oregon's can be very good next year. But I'm gonna go Boise here just because things appear to be and I'm just terrified of Oregon in the Vegas Bowl.
Speaker 2: Bad history. Okay, interesting we disagree here, then we do? Is not for sure you'd be on my side, but very Now let's go to the guilden New Mexico Bowl, Dan, Yes, they play this in dream Style Stadium in Albuquerque. What is What is dream Style Stadium? Exactly?
Speaker 1: Dream Style Stadium? Is that one word dream Style?
Speaker 2: All one word dream Style? Okay, this makes for great content while we're doing research in the middle of a recording.
Speaker 1: But so dream styles remodeling, windows and home improvement. Okay, Phoenix, Albuquerque, you can get some stucco. It's all happening at dream Style free advertising, Okay.
Speaker 2: Guild in New Mexico Bowl, December eighteenth, four thirty on ESPN, Colorado State at seven and five. They're a five and a half point favorite over the Marshall Thundering Herd, also at seven and five. Damn, what's our gift situation? Here.
Speaker 1: We have a gift suite, So who's to say? But I guess if it's in New Mexico, maybe some some green chili burgers. I don't know, I really, who's to say. Oakley Sunglasses, which I think is very solid. Oakley five Speed backpack, Okay, I don't know exactly. I don't know if that's a bicycle situation. I don't know, Dan, I look this up.
Speaker 2: Okay. I read to you from the Amazon review posted by a gentleman named Jeff Nichols. Title, It's a bag, baby, this bag. What can I say about this bag? Well, it's functional, but I'm not one hundred percent in love with it. It's very thin and light, so it doesn't feel very rugged. However, I'm not taking it in any foxholes, so that should be okay. I wish it had more storage pockets inside the larger compartments. I also wish it had a key tether like many bags in this class. That said, I do get compliments when using it. Okay, there you go, five Speed, one of which is a compliment. Thank you, Jeff.
Speaker 1: That's for you. Thundering Herd and ram players lit Tumblr. So some sort of you know question membriages question.
Speaker 2: Question, Yeah, is it a tumbler that's lit or a lit brand tumbler?
Speaker 1: It looks like lit brand tumbler. Capital L lowercase I, capital T. I don't understand the significance of that unless it's just a logo. But they look like solidly built containers.
Speaker 2: It looks like it may have the Louisiana Tech logo on it.
Speaker 1: It does. It is very reminiscent of that. So, yeah, stay hydrated with this thing. Lit tumbler Beanie guilden stadium blanket because you know what, it does get cold if it does go So give that to your relatives. There's a cap and there's a fidget spinner. I assume a guild in New Mexico bulls fidget spinner. Have you have you.
Speaker 2: Tried the fidget spinner thing yet?
Speaker 1: I have. I don't own one, but I've played with one.
Speaker 2: A solid wife got one at a conference, and I must say it is weirdly satisfying to play with the fidget spinner.
Speaker 1: I imagine, So yeah, weirdly focus.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, we've got a game here that I'm not very confident in to be one hundred percent truthful. I've only got eleven confidence points on this, and perhaps it does buck my formula a bit, but I just I really was uncomfortable breaking hard in one direction or another because this is a strange matchup. According to Bill Connolly's numbers is SMP plus team metrics, Colorado State has the fourteenth most efficient offense in the country. The issue for them is their ninety seventh ranked defense in terms of efficiency. Sure, if you flip it on the other side, but the same measure, Marshall is one oh five on offense and twenty second on defense. So we've really got strength against strength here. I'm going to go for Marshall and the Thundering Herd. Wow, just because over the course of the season, to me, it looks like they've played better teams and they've hung with just about everybody. Haven't always won, as evidenced by their seven to five record, But this is not a team that gets blown out by anyone, and they clearly have the better defense on the field. So give me the Thundering Herd here a long way away from home in Albuquerque. But let's go Thundering Herd.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, So you know what I love, ty. I try to mention this at times during the season, maybe not so much this year. I love altitude. Albuquerque five thousand feet in the air, about a mile high, right, Colorado State Fort Collins five thousand in change up there. Yeah, it's a pretty good altitude game here. I don't know how high Marshal is, but there's something about Colorado State. Favored by five and a half, so the over unders about sixty, so they're seeing like a thirty two to twenty seven type game. I think the best thing in this game is Colorado State and maybe just how complete their offense is. I like the fact that Nick Stevens is returning. You know, the coaching situation seems to be pretty consistent. They've got a Broils I believe it was not Broyles, excuse me, the receiver one Cough Award finalist and Michael Gallup. I like this Colorado State team. I know their defense can be trash at times, but I think the best thing in this game is the combination of altitude and offense al defense. So give me the Rams, give them by about a touchdown, and I think a healthy degree of confidence high twenties.
Speaker 2: Dan. I just discovered that the altitude of Atlanta is one thousand and fifty feet.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Where I'm going with this is how it might affect our Ping pong clash at the live show.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay. The altitude of Allentown is a robust three hundred and thirty eight feet above sea level. What's Brooklyn? Thirty three? Dan? So we're going to have to deal with at least at a minimum seven hundred extra feet. How might that affect the ballflight? Oh? Wow?
Speaker 1: This, I'm going to take this into my calculations. Huntington, West Virginia five hundred and sixty four feet above sea level.
Speaker 2: All right, so they're dealing with at least forty five hundred additional feet.
Speaker 1: Some changes tie there. We winded.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the final game on December eighteenth, the Raycom Media Camellia Bowl. They play this one in the Crampton Bowl in Montgomery, Alabama. It's at eight pm on ESPN on December the eighteenth. We've got the Red Wolves of Arkansas State against the Is it still the Blue Raiders of Middle Tennessee?
Speaker 1: I believe?
Speaker 2: So seven and four against six and six. Arkansas State is a four point favorite. Dan gift situation.
Speaker 1: Please the gift situation four, the Raycom Media Chamellia Bowl Gift Suite, OK DOK Fossil Watch, Beanie Osgio coming back in heavy Yeah, our old pals. Ohgo Big Game autograph football?
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: You know who has signed it? I don't. I assume Big Game is the brand. But there is an autograph football I probably autographed by the head of Raycom Media.
Speaker 2: It's a guy named ray Coon who's autographed the football. Invaluable so by the transitive property. Middle Tennessee beat Clemson, Dan.
Speaker 1: Because they did beat Syracuse early.
Speaker 2: They beat Syracuse early on in the year, I think week two, and Syracuse went on to beat Clemson. I trust in the Justice Department though, Dan. Hell Yeah, And by that people say by that I mean Justice Hanson. He's the six four, two hundred and eighteen pound junior quarterback for the Arkansas State Red Wolves. He had thirty four touchdown passes this year. I thought about going with Mitsu here, but the deeper I looked into it, I'm a red Wolfer all the way through. Give me Arkansas State, give me the Justice Department and Justice Hansen to the tune of thirty eight confidence points here, I like Arkansas State.
Speaker 1: The Arkansas State was an S and P plus top twenty five team. They were pretty decent at a lot of things. Justice Hanson, of course, the big dual threat transfer from Oklahoma. A little bit sloppy at times with the ball, but put up so much in the way of offense. The defense for the red Wolves pretty solid, I think, despite Middle Tennessee's pretty decent defense, particularly versus the run, and the fact that Midsoo we still supposed to call them mitsu I don't even know, you know what. The bright spot had a first name, Tie what was his name? His name is Tie Tailee. Pretty good receiver from Middle Tennessee despite a disappointing offense. So that's a that's a nice little shine there. But he'm gonna go Arkansas State as well here too solid all around.
Speaker 2: Fair enough. Let's move on to December nineteenth, at seven pm on ESPN Florida Atlantic coach by one Lane Kiffen. They won their conference. They went ten to three. They're a twenty two and a half point favorite over the Zips of Akron, who come down to Boca with a mark of seven and sixteen. This is called the Cherubundy Tart Cherry Boca Ratone Bowl, and they play it at Florida Atlantic's home football stadium in Boca. Mm hmm, so clearly they've got home field advantage. But I must ask you, what the hell is the Cheru Bundy tart cherry sponsorship of this bowl? What is that? Exactly?
Speaker 1: So they are sort of, it appears, spreading the benefits of the health benefits of tart cherries. They sell tart cherries and tart cherry juices and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: They're they're like the cherry equivalent of has avocados.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think they are pushing the health stuff, even avocados. It's much more like this is delicious spread it on, you know, tacos and toasts and whatever. This is much more like tart cherry juice helps you with faster muscle recovery, sleeping issues and stamina issues and gout. Is that true gout as well?
Speaker 2: I believe?
Speaker 1: So yeah, okay, well there's your gout report from ty hilden Brant for the week. So there's that. I can't imagine this bowl cost a ton to sponsor because Cherubundy does not seem like a household name. But if you are interested and have again stamina, gout, sleeping or muscle recovery issues. Now there is a solution, allegedly, and that is the cherubundy tart cherry juice. So Akronflord Atlantic Helping with You, Tie, helping with you. Gift wise, there is an online gift suite and then quote an assortment of bowl branded items.
Speaker 2: Which basically means all the cherries you can eat, yes, which is fine.
Speaker 1: Do you like tart cherries? Do you like cherry pie?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm a cherries forget all thought. You can get some a good slice of tart cherry pie at this game, I would hope.
Speaker 2: So the only problem with cherry flavored anything is that it turns your mouth a deep shade of red.
Speaker 1: It does, it does. Luckily we're married.
Speaker 2: Tie. That's right. But you can't go into a professional setting after eating like a cherry snow cone.
Speaker 1: Have you found yourself in many post snow cone professional situations all the time? Time, I haven't had a snow cone in a long time time.
Speaker 2: Summers get humid here in eastern Pennsylvania. You know this, that's true. Gotta do what you can. Akron Florida Atlantic. Yeah, this is a home game for Lane h The S and P Plus actually has them as number twelve in the country. They do talk about talk about a quick turnaround for Lane Kiffin. I gotta I gotta go hard Fau here. They're my top team on the board, forty one confidence points. I'm unloading the clip here, going all in on the Owls. Owls of Florida Atlantic give me Fau.
Speaker 1: So the important thing to remember is this is the only college game on the nineteenth, right, Correct, this is the only game and that's middle of the week. I want to say, that's a Tuesday night, Okay, So that's where that's where America's college football eyeballs will be. And Fau offensively lead on the ground. Devin Singletary was wonderful. They're one of the best rushing teams in the country. They weren't all right, passing team degenerate some bigger plays. The defense wasn't fantastic, but I'm listen. Akron had like a pretty interesting year. They were shut out by Penn State. Correct. Correct, They exclusively lost to pretty good teams like top fifty teams they played for the MAC Championship. The defense is not good at all, which worries me about the matchup against the Owl's rushing attack. They were okay preventing big plays, but they again awful against the run, awful against the past. The thing that is the saving grace is that the prevention of big plays and they force a ton of turnovers. Their their turnover margin was very good, even though there's a luck quotient to that. The fact that though it is that only game, the fact that people will watch this because Lane Kiffin is a name is offensive coordinator Kendall Briles is a known person. I think they were going to want to score sixty points. I think they want to win this game sixty to fifteen just to sort of drum up interest. So I think FAU wins big. Yeah, it's pushing forty from me confidence points wise.
Speaker 2: And then finally the the XL Frisco Bowl. They play this one at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas. What what is DXL? Have we looked this up yet? It sounds like it could be a knockoff of the XFL.
Speaker 1: Oh. DXL is a Big and Tall men's clothing company that makes that's a great bowl sponsorship company.
Speaker 2: Big and Tall casual mail. Yeah, Wow, I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: DXL Frisco Bowl. It's in Texas. These these clothes again, not a sponsor. This is just my opinion, not necessarily the opinion of the show. They look pretty sharp.
Speaker 2: This is a fantastic sponsorship full game.
Speaker 1: All of the muddles on this page look like James Corden. That's cool. I'm sure he would find DXL to be very comfortable and stylish.
Speaker 2: D XL quietly a very good sponsor for a bowl game with a lot of big and tall casual men. Hm.
Speaker 1: They get this is sweet. They get a gift suite. This game is played in the stadium where the FCS Championship is.
Speaker 2: I believe Toyota STATEIU. It's correct, Yeah, Frisco Texas. I am going to go Louisiana Tech here. It's a game on the twentieth of the twentieth of December. Excuse me on ESPN between SMU, who just lost their coach. They're a five point favorite against Louisiana Tech. I've only got twelve confidence points on this one, Daniel, because I'm not super confident in it. But the fact that SMU just lost Chad Morris to Arkansas is something that I definitely took into account here. So even though the numbers might favor SMU and my favorite SMU actually a little bit more than the points spread, I am going to go Louisiana Tech out right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's SMU did not finish the season in a strong fashion. That's when they had the best teams on their schedule, pretty much with UCF, Navy, Memphis, and Tulane. They win Tulane, they win the Tulane game, excuse me to finish out the year. But no, not a good end of the game. They give up thirty one, forty three, and sixty six. I don't love Lousana Tech. After a really fun season in twenty sixteen, they had a good win over UTSA to finish. They run the ball well. A couple of good names on this team, by the way, Boston Scott oh runs the ball for Louisiana Tech and out wide Teddy Veal, Teddy Teddy Deal, Yes, a definite good receiver. I don't like their defense all that much. I'm gonna go with SMU here. It's a much more, much more of a home game situation for the Mustangs. I think they're gonna be playing with some emotion for Jeff Trailer, who at least a chunk of this team hopes gets promoted to the head coaching job. Two thousand yard receivers and Trey Quinn and Courtland Sutton. So I feel good about sm I think they can have some success over the top. I love Corylan Suton could be a first round he'sah really good. Yeah, he's got, he's big, he's fast, he's he's an extremely fun receiver. So I'm gonna go with SMU here. I think they ride the local flavor.
Speaker 2: I do like that pick. It makes a lot of sense. But I'm gonna go I'm gonna stick to my formula here, and I'm gonna go against the team that is changing coaches. A bit fair, okay, perhaps a bit of a state of disarray for SMU, But Louisiana Tech for me, smooth for you. We disagree on the final bowl game of our first Bowl previews. So here's the way that this is going to work now because of what's coming up now in the coming days and weeks, We've got a bunch more Bowl games to get through, thirty three of them, to be exact. We're going to be doing those in waves, So our next recording will be on next Wednesday, or I guess this coming Wednesday will be our next show, and then from that point forward it'll be every Wednesday through the end of the year. We'll of course have a preview of the playoffs, We'll of course have a preview of the National Championship game, and our normal review of the National Championship game the day after. But the schedule will shift a little bit here as you and I both try to catch our breath and do the necessary research to cover all these games.
Speaker 1: And I would add, we can promise that these shows will be pretty meaty. Oh yeah, we're not going to be submitting thirty three minutes shows. No universe, we don't do anything like that.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: We will be previewing a bunch of games, still reviewing news. I think we'll try to get some cues to a yea ayah situations in the mix. So these will be meaty shows that hopefully we'll be able to stretch you throughout your holiday travels.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, absolutely, we will continue producing fine brands of content here on the verbal. We'd encourage you all again as we did at the top of the show, if you have any inclination about coming to Atlanta. I don't know you'll be there, but you might be there or just anything at all, there will be room for you. We're doing our best to try and a lot those tickets accordingly, but we do need to hear from you, so give us a holler soliverble at gmail dot com. You can also tweet us. You can also send us a message on Facebook. We'd love to hear more about your plans for the National Championship, but again, tickets have gone pretty quickly. We want to try and get everyone in the door who wants to come on out. And we are shameless in the fact that if you'd like to donate anything to the cause.
Speaker 1: The snacks, I don't think hard alcohol is going to be a thing, no, no, no, what you know afterwards, who's to say we're going to have a bar situation. But yeah, if local brewery, local foods, whatever you got, we will we will happily shout out and talk about how delicious it is on the show.
Speaker 2: No shame time, no shame, no shame at all. Give us a holler, let us know what you got for us. Also the shirt thing we're working on, and finally, make sure you get in the bullpool, participate in the fun here. By the time you and I get through all of these games, I think most people will have their bowl situation in pretty good working order, like they'll have made the picks and a lot of the proper confidence points for those picks. But we can still talk through them in waves as we typically do here on the show.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: Well, this was fun going through eight bowl games with you. We've got many more to discuss on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: What are the ones that we're going to discuss on Wednesday? Do you have them in front of you? Can we preview the preview we can?
Speaker 2: So on Wednesday, we've got the Bad Boy Mower's Gasparilla Bowl. I think it's Gasparilla God that double lit. I like going with that pronunciation, though, Bahama's Bowl, Famous Idaho Potato Bowl, the Birmingham Bull, Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bull, Dollar General Hawaii, Zaxby's Heart of Dallas, Quicklean Cactus, walk On's Independence Bowl, and the New Era Pinch Stripe Bowl. So we've got a healthy plate of games before you on our next broadcast.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're saving the Foster Farms and the outdoor the whatever the Texas Bowl is yes for the following show, okay, correct, I will try to if I can go through his agent, if I can go through his PR people, because I'm going to be leaving. I will still be doing the shows because I'm going to LA, but I'll be leaving New York. I will try to bank a sit down tie with the Bloomin Onion. Oh well, great ahead of the Outback Bawl, just to see where his head is. Ryan Nanny, who will be performing during the Outback Bowl festivities as the Bloomin Onions. So that will be an exclusive look ahead of the Outback Bowl for.
Speaker 2: That guy over there, my good friend Dan Rubinstein, for myself, Tye Hildebrandt, thanks for tuning in to this latest edition our first Bowl preview of Bowl season twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen. He will talk to you all again on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: In meantime, stay silent, Pece