Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Hope you had a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Everybody ready to go on this Monday, as we always do, best and worst of the weekend. What you saw that you liked you didn't like? Football tonight National title game Miami against Indiana, Indiana favored by seven and a half.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 3: If you're watching on Peacock, our streaming partner, or listening on our great radio affiliates around the country eight seven to seven three DP, show operator Tyler sitting by. He'll take your phone calls. Two weeks from today. Will be in San Francisco for the Big Game, as they like to say it, and we're down to our final four. After the game's over the weekend. The Broncos over the Bills in overtime, but bo Nix is out. He won't be playing the Seahawks, Barry the forty nine Ers, the Texans over the Patriots over the Texans, and the Rams over the Bears in overtime. So you got some interesting scenarios here. Look at the Broncos and the Patriots. If bo Nix was playing this, according to DraftKings, you would probably have the Broncos favored by one. The Patriots are favored by five and a half in Denver. The Rams are getting two and a half at Seattle. All right, we'll come up with the pole question, play of the day, stat of the day, all of that forthcoming, best and worst of the weekend as well. You start to look at these games, and if I look at San Francisco, let's look at the teams that lost, because we'll have plenty of time to talk about the teams that advance. If I look at the teams that lost over the weekend, the forty nine ers, what kind of situation are they in now? The Bears, what kind of situation are they in now? The Texans? What kind of situation are they in now? And you could probably start to rank these and go, all right, I get a good idea with that team moving forward. Like the Niners, your window of opportunity, in my opinion, is closed because you know, a year older, with a lot of those players injuries, and you know, I got George Kittle coming back from a serious injury, Bosa and Warner. Warner might have been able to play in the Super Bowl. I don't have the luxury of you know, high ticket items, big ticket items for brock Purty. I really have to bank on brock Purty being a great quarterback. So I and you're in that NFC West, and you know you're looking at Seattle and you're looking at the Rams.
Speaker 2: Now grant the Rams. How long is.
Speaker 3: Matthew Stafford going to play Seattle. That's a young team. And yes it does come down to Sam Darnold. But if I look at those teams that lost, I would say the Niners. I don't look at them coming back in this situation again anytime soon.
Speaker 2: The Bills.
Speaker 3: Just feels like every year it's a different excuse. But this year it's about Josh Allen. Josh Allen does make mistakes in the postseason, but he did, he did, and he's the reason, one of the biggest reasons why they lost. I know that we love to play the sympathy card with Buffalo. I know it, they'd been so through so much hardship, But this was about Josh Allen. He was careless with the football. Josh Allen had four giveaways, two picks and two lost fumbles. Now he had zero giveaways in his previous six playoff games, and a total of six in fourteen career playoff games. So was it an anomaly? Yes, it was, doesn't matter, it still counts. Do you look at Buffalo moving forward. There's so much chatter about Sean McDermott. Was he going to keep his job? Will he keep his job? I didn't think that that was a great Buffalo team. I didn't think it was a very good Buffalo team. I thought they were a good team. I thought that they could run the football. You sprinkle in Josh Allen and you got enough to get by in a playoff scenario where he didn't have the usuals in there. And yes, this was supposed to be his year. It didn't matter if Mahomes is not in, or Burrow's not in, or Lamar Jackson, these other teams are better than Buffalo. New England is better than Buffalo. Denver is better than Buffalo. They don't they are.
Speaker 4: Not.
Speaker 3: Doesn't mean Buffalo couldn't win. But Josh Allen had a terrible game at a terrible time, and he spoke about it after the game.
Speaker 5: That's extremely difficult. I feel like I yeah, I feel like I let my teammates down tonight. It's my long season.
Speaker 2: I hate it ended.
Speaker 5: And that's uh. That's gonna stick with me for a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's tough to listen to. But got to blame himself, which he did, and he was just careless, you know, the one fumbled before the end the first half, and I thought, oh my goodness, those three points could be the difference. Hello, small things coming up, you know, big and big moments there. And now you have Denver without bo Nix, and you got Jared Stidham who was going to be the starting quarterback against the New England Patriots c J. Stroud, who I think he cost himself millions and millions of dollars these last two games because there is no way I'm going to extend him.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't want to make the mistake the Dolphins did with Tua. You got to show Kyler Murray. You got to show me again next year. And even then I'd be a little apprehensive because something was going on. Body language was terrible, and I know the conditions weren't great. I understand that, but they weren't great for you know, I will say Drake may didn't play that well either, but there were throws where You're just going, what is going on here?
Speaker 2: So much?
Speaker 3: So here is Troy Aikman, who was calling the game talking about c J.
Speaker 2: Stroud.
Speaker 7: I will say this, Joe, Jamiico, Ryans and Pick Casario, they've got some tough decisions they've got to make about this team on the offensive side of the ball. You know, they replaced Bobby Slowick last year after his two years as the offensive coordinator.
Speaker 6: C J.
Speaker 7: Stroud has been chasing his rookie success for the last two years. He's not been the same player. We've not seen the development from him.
Speaker 2: There's a reason for that, and it has to be addressed.
Speaker 3: Patriots and Texans combined for eight turnovers. The last time you had that two thousand and one, the Rams against the Packers. That's when Brett Fahr through six interceptions, Kurt Warner had an interception, they had to fumble a couple of fumbles by the Green Bay Packers. So sloppy football there. If you have average quarterback play, we have the Texans playing against the Broncos with a real possibility of going to the Super Bowl, just average quarterback play. I thought they were going to bring in Davis Mills. I thought, maybe just give the offense a little jolt of something there because I mean, you weren't out of it when you're down five and I'm thinking, oh my goodness, you got all these turnovers. You're at home and you can't put them away, and then they finally did. But you're watching that game and you're just going, man, something's up here. And then you could just see C. J. Stroud just kind of look like, I don't know, I don't know. And New England give them credit. You know, Drake May hasn't looked great, but they played just good enough to win. That's all you need to do now, no style points whatsoever. Seattle did whatever they wanted to do, a very impressive performance. You know, when you get that kickoff return, if you're a Niner fan, Marvin and you're sitting there and you go, all right, okay, here we go, Here we go. I got everything, got snacks, got my drink here, wife and kid are over here, got my Niner gear on. And then all of a sudden, it's a fourteen forty five to go in the first quarter and you're down seven.
Speaker 8: Yes, Marvin, And what made it worse is the forty nine didn't have any room for error, and so that first kickoff, all right, come on, come on, Bang Bang niner gang, let's go, And then they start doing that. My wife just looks at my son like, sh don't say anything to daddy for about two more hours.
Speaker 9: Yes, Paul Marvin's in charge of the sound on the Dan Patrick Show. I noticed the kickoff return is not on the sound sheet.
Speaker 2: Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America.
Speaker 3: The official trading cards of the program got a play of the day. Pull question coming up first hour brought to you by great folks at IRAQ for over forty years helping you find the right tires, how and what and where you drive, ship fast and free back by free road hazard protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation, tire rack dot Com. The way tire buying should be. Bill's broadcaster former Buffalo Bill great Steve Tasker, seems like this is our annual phone call in the postseason to talk about what went wrong for the Buffalo Bill's. Also Albert Breer from the Monday Morning Quarterback will join us. We'll talk about coaching vacancies. Also, I mentioned this a couple of times last week that whatever job John Harbaugh didn't take, Kevin Stefanski was going to take and it turned out to be the case. Harball goes to the Giants, Kevin Stefanski goes to the Atlanta Falcons. But we'll talk to Albert Breer on the openings that are still available. And I wonder if anything happens in Buffalo, because you might look at this and go, Okay, nine years, that's an eternity. You got a great quarterback, you were close to advancing again, and you've seen some of these other coaches either step down or get fired. Now, granted, it's kind of like John Harbaugh with Lamar Jackson, didn't do much with Lamar Jackson. Josh Allen has been a great playoff performer, but you haven't gotten over the hump. And this was going to be the year. At least a lot of people thought that. All right, we'll get to your phone calls coming up. See what's poll question for the first hour of the program.
Speaker 10: Got one here from Paul and I'm going to read it with no punctuation because I think it sounds funny. Losing team from this weekend that has the most biggest issues issue. Okay, Bill's Bears, forty nine ers Texans. They each have sort of different issues. Feels like, Yeah, if I'm the Bears, I feel pretty good. Yeah, the Bears actually don't have any issues. Really, I don't think they shouldn't. You went tot too, could have won the game. You had some moments there. Caleb Williams can be spectacular. He has as many splash plays as any other quarterback, probably more so.
Speaker 3: It's just the other ones, you know. And you know, year one with that system with Ben Johnson Bears, I thought they were a playoff team. I didn't know they would go this far. But give them credit. They look like they're lined up ready to go and will be the team to beat in that division next year.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean I was really impressed with the Bears, you know. I mean when I'm thinking about what issues to fix, I'm not exactly sure where I'm not. Granted I haven't watched them as much as like say Paul has or whatever, but I'm not exactly sure where I put my finger on. This is what we need to address most in the offseason.
Speaker 3: Well, I thought the defense played pretty well, but I would still say they need probably a little more, maybe a playmaker or two on defense. The Rams didn't play great even Matthew Stafford. He talked about the defense really won this game for US. I mean, Puka Nakua wasn't really a factor until he was a factor there at.
Speaker 2: The very end.
Speaker 3: So you're kind of going, all right, you know, Davante Adams not much until you needed him. You run the football a little bit. But you know, this goes back to what I keep saying.
Speaker 2: You just survive, that's all. Now you can.
Speaker 3: Survive and go man, I don't know, like there are times when you could see somebody advancing, like Drake May's got to play better. So yes, you win, you don't get style points, and now you move on. But that would concern me a little bit. Is is the moment a little too big for Drake May?
Speaker 2: Or was it?
Speaker 3: And you're going against a great defense there seemed like the moment was too big for CJ. Stroud, Like I kept going, dude, what are you doing? You're making this tougher than it needs to be. And he could have thrown two or three more interceptions. I mean, the Patriots had the opportunity for two or three more interceptions there, and this on the heels of a terrible performance in the previous game. Texan's got a big question there. That defense is young, well, Danielle Hunter has been around, but that it's a good it's a good, solid team now not having Nico Collins. Marks got banged up a little bit, but he got a great coach, you know, and Jacksonville may be here to stay. So you you know, your margin for error there is not as wide as it once was or once thought of.
Speaker 10: Yeah, seton, Yeah, I feel like Drake May's problems are being overshadowed because they keep winning and uh, you know CJ. Stroud had such a terrible game. But you know, Drake May has seven or eight turnovers in the last six quarters. Yeah, fumbles, you know, and a couple of interceptions too. That's that's not great play out of him.
Speaker 3: And this time of the year, those things get magnified because we spend more time on these games because everybody, you know, there's only a couple of games being played. If this was a regular season game between the Patriots and the Texans, then we probably don't focus on it and be like, all right, Patriots wanted home. But you know, when everybody has a referendum on these games, everybody has an opinion, then at all of a sudden metastasizes yes.
Speaker 10: And he you know, the turnovers in a weird way.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 4: CJ.
Speaker 10: Stroud's performance overshadowed Drake May's bad performance, and Drake May's turnovers overshadow all the throws that he just missed or just didn't make.
Speaker 3: Best Super Bowl odds the Seahawks are plus one forty five, the Rams plus two to twenty five, and then the Patriots at plus two fifty five the Broncos at plus eleven hundred. But congratulations, Todd, you got to the AFC title game.
Speaker 11: Yes, is the mystery and question mark that his jards did and can that somehow be turned into a positive in some way? They have all the video of Bonnicks and then what he can do. I'm as big a fan as there is. I don't know what we're getting with Stidham is going to be a game manager?
Speaker 2: Supposely Champe is.
Speaker 11: Not going to make major change to the offense. Does Denver defense have to do all the work to win the game.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what to expect. Well, these are all questions you're asking yourself. Not maybe I'm just.
Speaker 12: Throwing it out there.
Speaker 2: Definitely asking myselfing, I don't know if the Patriots go, oh.
Speaker 3: My god, and yeah, we've seen backup quarterbacks, you know, is this the Nick Foles moment? Well, Nick Foles had a Pro Bowl season. He was unbelievable with Chip Kelly, so we knew that he could play at a higher level. Jerry Stidham, he hadn't thrown a pass in two years in a game.
Speaker 9: Yes, boy, Yeah, there's not a lot of tape on Jared Stidham. He's been in the league for seven years now. Four starts, one in three, sixty percent passer, eight touchdowns, eight picks, just the kind of benign numbers where you can't make a decision of what you think of him.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think he took.
Speaker 11: One knee earlier this season, so we know he can.
Speaker 2: You just let the clock look, okay, he did even fumble as far as the fair enough.
Speaker 3: All right, he's played one play and he took a knee. Confidence is running high there. He's ready for victory formation.
Speaker 1: You can do the knee.
Speaker 2: There's no fast start.
Speaker 11: He's ready to flip it to the RAFPI and celebrate.
Speaker 2: So let's go.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll get to your phone calls coming up. We have the national title game coming up. This is an oh, by the way, national title game, and it's unfortunate, but hey, just the placement and you know the goliath behemoth that the NFL is. I got some news as far as the college football playoffs expanding. When they expand, they're going to decide on Friday. Have some information for you on that coming up. How about we take a break. Just getting started on this Monday, Dan and the Dan Nets Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Easter and six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Hey is Covino and Rich from Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 13: In addition to hearing us live weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, We're excited to announce a brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 2: Yup, that's right.
Speaker 13: You can now watch Covino and Rich live on YouTube every day. All you gotta do search Covino on Rich FSR on YouTube. Again, go to YouTube search Covino and Rich FSR. Check us out on YouTube, subscribe, hit that thumbs up icon.
Speaker 2: Comment away.
Speaker 3: We have another coaching vacancy in the NFL. Buffalo Bills have fired Sean McDermott stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. You know, we talk about coaches sometimes coaching for their jobs, and it felt like that, It felt like that last year was Sean McDermott and this is where it's nine years and you go, is that the gun? Like how many guys can get you over the top? Andy Reid for a long time in Philadelphia. May he can get you there. He can't get you over the top until he got to Kansas City and then he could put you over the top. But there are certain coaches that I think we give far more credit to, like Mike Tomlin and John Harbaugh could be Hall of Fame coaches, could be Can they get you over the top? Are they just really really good regular season head coaches? Because it's a different DNA when you get to the postseason, like what do you got?
Speaker 2: Who are you? What are you going to do?
Speaker 3: Clock management, how you get your team ready? Like just so many things that stuff that maybe is not tangible where you think, but you have a team that goes out there and wins when maybe they're not supposed to win, or holds on comes up with a play when they need to, and Buffalo never did that. And when you think about this, the New York Jets have been in more AFC title games than the Buffalo Bills have in the last thirty years. Brought to you by Panadian America, the Official Trading Cards of the Dan Patrick Show. I always think about this, like John Harball, if you make the kick and you go into the postseason, does he still get fired? And I think if they didn't get to the title game, he was going to get fired. Now I don't have any information on that. That was just a gut feeling that I had. Did the Bills make their mind up about Sean McDermott now or last week? Did it matter what was going to happen? What if they won the game, then you go to the AFC Title Game? But if you go to the Super Bowl, so you're coaching for your job and Sean McDermott paid the price.
Speaker 2: Years.
Speaker 3: We'll talk to Steve Tasker, the Buffalo Bill's announcer. He'll join us coming up in an hour from now. Albert Breer, the Monday Morning quarterback following all the movers and shakers, And I did get information on this from somebody who said there is probably at least one coach who is coaching for his job in the postseason. That we were talking about all the vacancies there, and I wondered, you know, if if Matt Lafleur is not re signed extended in Green Bay, Woul John Harbaught have taken that job. If Matt Lafleur doesn't stay in Green Bay, does he go to Pittsburgh? Is Mike McCarthy in the mix in Pittsburgh a Pittsburgh guy? What if Buffalo opens up because you got Josh Allen there? When you think about Lamar Jackson, two time MVP, Josh Allen the reigning MVP, and they will have new head coaches next year. Robert Salah is gonna maybe get a run in Baltimore here, the deub coordinator for the forty nine ers, might be coming back to be a head coach. And once again there's a lot of talk, there's so many openings, who's going where, And then it feels like there's a domino effect happening. You know, when Baltimore and now Buffalo is open, you know Stefanski's going to Atlanta hardball with the Giants. So there's a lot going on. And this is the NFL. But did anybody know think that Buffalo was going to come open? Now I know what people are going to say, what about Mike Tomlin. I can only tell you what I was told last week that Mike there is no guarantee he comes back to coaching, and there's no guarantee he does TV. But there's a two year window here he doesn't. If he goes someplace, then you have to give a compensation to the Steelers. And you know he knows that, so does the team that would sign him, and so did the Steelers. But I don't see mikelink coaching again anytime soon, unless the person who told me this is off on it. I did get some information on college football, so keep this in mind. Friday, it'll be voted on if the college football playoffs will expand. So they had a meeting in Miami last week, and what they're trying to do is figure out are we going from twelve to sixteen or are we going from twelve to twenty four. The Big Ten wants a three year commitment. The Big Ten wants to have sixteen, sixteen, sixteen, and then a commitment to go to twenty four beginning with the twenty twenty nine season. So once again, the Big Ten wants a three year commitment from everybody that would go from twelve to sixteen and then a firm commitment to go to twenty four teams beginning with the twenty twenty nine season.
Speaker 2: Let's see what else do I have.
Speaker 3: So this was the College Football Playoff Management Committee. So that's ten commissioners and Notre Dame's athletic director and they have to decide by this Friday. If they don't decide by this Friday, from when I'm told, the college football playoffs will stay at twelve teams, a lot going on, a lot going on, and then you got the national title game tonight, it's actually two underdogs. When you think about Miami squeaking in, or at least we were given the impression Miami squeaked into the postseason, it's either Notre Dame or Miami, and then here's Miami playing for the national championship. Now, if you go back twenty five years ago, the you they were like UNLV in the nineties in basketball, like you had to deal with them, and they were usually on the winning side of those things. Now in the ACC and we're like, oh, Miami, kind of a nice story, and then all of a sudden, Miami's playing for a national championship. But there is no bigger Cinderella story than Indiana football because now they're the favorite now, but historically they're an underdog. Miami historically is a favorite. Now they're an underdog in this game coming up tonight, and I think Indiana is now favored by eight and a half Miami playing at home. But this feels like it's almost We would have been surprised if Indiana played for the national title. Now will be surprised if Indiana doesn't win the national title.
Speaker 9: Yes, Paul, it's been nine and ten days since the last college football playoff game. It feels a lot longer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, when you said it, when you go, do you know when you know they had a playoff game? I go, I have no idea. I thought two weeks ago it just felt like, but this is what they want to start the season earlier so they can end right around New Year's Now they're starting in August already, But it feels like they want to start a little earlier. Now you have the President coming out and saying, hey, that second Saturday in December, that's Army Navy, and I'm not going to sign anything. You know, I'm going to make sure that I hold up the college football playoffs. I don't have the exact language of that. The President's decision. Army Navy gets its time slot, and as my source said, hey, it's great for Army Navy, and it's great for the NFL because the NFL will dominate that weekend. They don't have to deal with any playoff games. But that's what college football is trying to do. I'm trying to come up with a solution for next year. But Indiana football tonight favored by eight and a half. And it probably comes down to, you know what normal games come down to, who makes the mistake and when do you make that mistake? Who do you trust more? Carson Becker, Fernando Mendoza, How much pressure does Miami put on Indiana? Can Indiana do what it did to these other schools and dominate the line of scrimmage? So just some of the questions. But I feel bad that it's kind of like, oh, by the way, there's a national title game coming up, and if you're watching like the Mothership, you know there's this conundrum.
Speaker 2: Hey, we are all in on the.
Speaker 3: NFL, but hey, how about that national title game coming up tonight? They're sort of half in, half out. It's like a national title game. All right, we mentioned it. Hey, let's go back to the Bears. Finish there, Yes, Todd.
Speaker 11: It's pretty funny that Miami's playing on their home field at hard Rock, yet they're the designated A visiting team. They have to stand on the other sideline, and I think use the visiting locker room facilities, which is wild.
Speaker 3: Didn't they crazy? Crazy? All right, let's get some phone calls in here. Best and worst of the weekend, Chris and Syracuse. Once again, the Buffalo Bills have fired Sean McDermott.
Speaker 14: Hey, Chris, Hey, Thanks Dan, Hey got a best and worst in a comment? My comment is, and I hope I'm wrong, but I think Miami wins tonight. Indiana has been beating teams all year that had more talent, speed, size, strength, and I think it finally catches up to him. And my worst, the Bear's passing up on field goals and going forward on fourth downs. Now in the NFL, kicking the field goal is not looked at its getting three points. It's looked at its losing four. It's crazy, and especially in the playoffs where weather factors in more and squaring opportunities are at a premium. Yet take the points. Just like Bill Kawer said on The Dan Patrick Show last week and a bittersweet best Todd fritzus Broncos. Maybe it will be like when Carson Wentz went down. If Doug Peterson can pull that off, certainly Sean Payton is capable. And here in Central New York, all the Bill fans have been saying is this is the year no Burrow, no Lamar, Noble homes. But in typical Buffalo Bill fashion, they still managed to find a way to get mixed.
Speaker 2: Thank god, Chris.
Speaker 3: The Bears went three for nine on fourth downs in the postseason. I just believe in getting points because okay, we have a chance to get seven or we don't get anything. I just don't like that risk reward. I saw that with Detroit a couple of years ago, and it feels like it's a regular season thing, like, Okay, let's go after this, Let's have some fun. We got a play called for this. In these big moments, it just feels like fourth and four that seems like an eternity and you got a factor in the weather. You got to factor in what's at stake. I just I know, three feels like you failed.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Pauline, I wonder if Ben Johnson and the coaching staff didn't have a ton of faith in the defense after what happened to Jordan Love, and they thought we got to match sevens with Matthew Stafford, and they didn't think that their defense would be able to slow them down as they did.
Speaker 2: Chicago's defense held him in check.
Speaker 3: Man. I mean, that's a good enough performance by your defense to win most playoff games. And the Rams didn't play great, but you know, I got to give the Bears credit. They played well. Jeremy and Wisconsin and the play by Caleb Williams, I mean, that's fourth quarter. Hey, he's a different kind of guy. He's a different dude, Hey, Jeremy.
Speaker 12: Hey, greetings, greetings VP from the frozen tundra, where Packer fans will attest to the fact that field goal always guaranteed either. But I have a best and worth and a quick comment. Best of the weekend. Sorry, PAULI always great to see the Bears lose. Would have been a real kick to the groin seeing Johnson and Caleb Williams get to the NFC Championship before Love and La floor. But the worst is the girlfriend's on a cruise and I'm here a negative thirty win shill. That's not fun either. But I think Caleb Williams will be really good. He does make a couple of those decisions like Tutler always did, where he'll give you two to three interception opportunities. But I think that's going to be a really great rivalry moving forward. So all the US who spent a long time guys, hope you're doing well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Packers extended Matt Lafleur, and you know, there's a going rate for quarterbacks. It feels like there's now a going rate for head coaches. I Key went from almost five million and he went to what thirteen fourteen million dollars a year. Quarterbacks are slotted like you're gonna make this and then you're gonna make that. Now it feels like if you're you know, head coach is good. He's making close to fifteen million dollars. Andy Reid making twenty million plus, it had to be difficult to extend. Matt Lafleur had that conversation after a bad loss, because at halftime he could have renegotiated and got whatever he wanted. The problem was the second half against the Bears.
Speaker 8: Yes, Marvin, not even a bad loss, a bad month, lost the last five games.
Speaker 2: Yep, Buddha in San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Hi Buddha, oh Man, thanks for taking my call. DP Saluti forty shout out to James. Happy Monday boys. Well DP, all good things come doing that, my man. I mean I was not surprised by my Niners getting molly wopped on Saturday. I mean, we over atchieve this year and as Trent Williams said himself with the podium, Dan, we talked about this last week. We were playing with house money. That's of the weekend DP, watching Caleb Williams turning into a franchise QV right before our eyes.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: I mean he brought them back in the fourth quarter and had that ridiculous heroic throw twenty yards behind the line of scrimmage. I mean I thought he was throwing it out of bounds, and I mean it was just ridiculous, and more so Dan, there's a certain decorum that, like a franchise quarterback will follow and take I mean, you take your lumps, you know, with the losses, you stand the podium. He answered the hard questions and that's that's what he did yesterday. I was very impressed and Pauly should be pumped.
Speaker 12: And worst of the.
Speaker 4: Weekend obviously my Niners DP. But honestly, watching CJ stroud struggle yesterday was like, as my big Mama says, that's embarrassed. I mean it was cringe worthy. And Dan thinking about CJ consoling Caleb Williams Midfield a couple of years ago after the game. That's not aging very well.
Speaker 2: Up. Yeah, thank you Buddha.
Speaker 3: By the way, I got the prices as of nine to thirty this morning for tonight's National title game. I thought they were Super Bowl prices. I'll have that for you after the Play of the Day. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search f s R to listen live.
Speaker 13: Oh my God.
Speaker 3: Of the day, Play of the Day.
Speaker 14: Check this out and now a third down and five for the Pats from the Houston thirty three.
Speaker 2: Stevenson steps up over the right guard. Here comes a four man rush.
Speaker 1: May Stanzen throws the long ball, keep down the right suffocation bodyes out.
Speaker 2: At the three d the two score.
Speaker 3: Lead as a big play, as a big catch. That's courtesy of the Sports Hub Atriots Radio Network with your play of the day. Play of the day brought to you by one of our new sponsors here, RK zero Proof Alcohol, world's first zero proof spirits with their patented warm molecule that you get that same feel, zero alcohol and all the cheers, none of the regrets. You can try it at rkzeroproof dot com. You spell it a r kay. Just got an update on the ticket prices for tonight's National Title game. Best seats in the house fifty three hundred dollars. You want to be a lower level end zone just under five thousand. After that, it's just under five thousand. You're getting price is just under four thousand dollars. The prices have gone up. Let's see if I do the math here, twenty three percent in the last seventy two hours. The prices will continue to increase.
Speaker 2: All day long.
Speaker 3: The president is attending and the push is to get everybody at the stadium at least three hours early.
Speaker 2: And as my source said, it will be a zoo.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 2: These are like Super Bowl ticket prices.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Polly, my niece, goes to University of Miami and her father bought her a ticket, a student ticket, and it was five hundred dollars for a face value student ticket. It also cannot be sold. It's in your student account. You could transfer it to a fellow student, you cannot transfer it to a non Miami person.
Speaker 3: See would you update the poll results from the first forty nine minutes of the program?
Speaker 10: Yeah, we got up there right now, losing team from the weekend that has the most biggest issues issue right now, the Bills have one hundred percent of that vote?
Speaker 2: Do they after Sean McDermott was fired.
Speaker 10: I think I think that the firing might tweak the full a little bit. Now the Texans actually have that followed by the forty nine ers. The Texans haven't even made it back to Houston. They've had some travel issues leaving New England. Tracy Wolfson did a great job CBS sideline reporter. She did an interview with bo Nix, and prior to actually going live on TV. You know, you'll chat with the person you're talking to, and she was trying to figure out bo Nix wasn't excited, and she even asked him about that. She could see that there was something wrong. She sends that I think where it just didn't feel right, and she said, you know, basically, you're not excited, and he just talked about, you know, the tension of the game.
Speaker 2: But you can see.
Speaker 3: There's a picture that they're talking and you know, bo Nix looks like he is. It's one of those where you're really excited, but then you can't be too excited because you're not going to be playing. And he's leaning he's leaning off of that broken ankle, a broken bone in his ankle. But Tracy did a great job. And when you get into those scrums afterwards, now, granted, they're going to take the best player and bring him over to you know, the sideline reporter of the network who's broadcasting, but still.
Speaker 2: There's a lot going on.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of moving parts, and guys are gonna shake hands and greet and they might say prayer after and you know, your sideline reporter. You're just trying to grab somebody like, who are you gonna get me? And then the Broncos pr will bring over bow Nicks. But still you got to be ready to go. You probably get three questions at the most and in that moment, and there's chaos around you. You know, it's not like everybody is quiet like Tracy's asking questions. It's you know, guys who were sad. You know, the Buffalo Bills. You got guys who are excited you're going to the AFC title Game. But she did a great job. Lucas in Texas, Hi, Luke, what's on your mind? Hey Dan, good morning, good morning. You know, no real best, only a worst. I'll frame it this way. I've got two things for you. Our best friends live in North Carolina and they are a huge Buffalo Bills fans. So we were kind of joking with each other, how funny would it be to see our teams in the AFC Championship Game only to see our teams combined for a season's worth of turnovers in our two games.
Speaker 15: So it was a rough weekend overall. And here's what's most frustrating about it. I would actually say and we were talking to our Bills, fans, our friends. The most frustrating part wasn't the turnovers. It was the misthrow that Josh Allen had Dawson Knox just short of the end zone that could have won the games.
Speaker 3: That's the ball game. If he completes that, that's the ball game. Yeah, thank you, Lucas. So Tracy sent out this picture. She said, you can see that Bownick's not putting weight on his right ankle. I asked him before the interview view if his knee was okay, thinking that was the injury. He said he was okay. Then I asked him why he wasn't smiling after the win. He said it was a stressful game. Yeah, you can see the picture, not putting any weight on that ankle. Monica in Raleigh, Hi Monica, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 6: Hey Dan, Dannetts and backroom guys at third time, long time. I have my best similars to the weekend. My worst of the weekend is kind of overshadowed by football with CJ. Stroud and Nicks. But Carolina, you and c doing the West Coast swing against Stanford and cal.
Speaker 12: Ugh and got slept on that.
Speaker 6: My best of the weekend is Drake May surviving through the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Go heels, Thank you, Monica.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I forgot that North Carolina and on that West coast swing of the acc of course, the all of those great Atlantic coasts on the Pacific coast.
Speaker 9: Old school rivalry.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, they go back months, you know those rivalries. All right, one hour in the books, two more to go. The Buffalo Bills need a new head coach, Steve Tasker, Bill's announcer, former Bill Great. He will join us, Albert Breer, the Monday morning quarterback. He's been following all the comings and goings the coaching carousels. They like to say, he'll join us coming up as well. More phone calls. It is a Monday best and worst of the weekend. What you saw that you liked, you didn't like? Operator Tyler sitting by, He'll take your phone calls. Fritzy's here kind of in a good mood, right.
Speaker 11: I went with like a black version of my broncos to clothes just to acknowledge the missing of bow knicks next week. But it's great and maybe we'll get a good surprise from studient.
Speaker 3: Seaton's Patriots are still Alive, Marvin's Niner, is not all these Bears not as well?
Speaker 2: One hour in the books, two more to go in this Monday. Hope you join us. Coming up Dan and The Dan Needge Stan Patrick Show