Speaker 1: Transmitting Alsa. Welcome to Friday Show. More so Luke Bryant coming in later. Also, we'll do easy Trivia Friday Morning Dance party. But we start Fridays with the story that is most intriguing to us at this exact moment, Amy, you're up.
Speaker 2: Well, I saw that the cost of dating and maybe dating stories are so interesting to me because.
Speaker 1: Well, you're dating, and also the algorithm's probably throwing her dating.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure. Yep.
Speaker 1: That's also why they're coming up to you because you're single now thinking about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, all my algorithm is is dating and menopause.
Speaker 1: And dating with menopause. Oh wow, that's guys and man for a woman with menopause. Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Well, apparently the cost of dating is really stressing people out. And like I guess the average date is sixty bucks, that's what someone's going to spend.
Speaker 4: On a date.
Speaker 1: Ought'll be more than that.
Speaker 2: And so if you're dating, like trying to go out with multiple people, you've got to figure that out because.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you might have two dates a week. Now you're looking at one hundred and twenty dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the issue too, if you're gonna do that, The issue won't be money. The issue will be keeping your story straight and not even the stories that are different. Keeping your story straight is in trying not to repeat your story. Yes, now I tell you that. Yeah, and actly, you know you can't say that right because they know you're on different dates. You almost keep a chart on your phone about what stories you've told.
Speaker 2: I think it's okay when you're dating and you're on different dates that they unless you're exclusive.
Speaker 4: They you can talk about how you're dating other people.
Speaker 1: Okay, you've been out of the game for a long time. You don't really do that.
Speaker 4: You don't know, Morgan, you can, you can look.
Speaker 1: You cannot lie about it, but you're definitely not like I'm a little other people. It's amazing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want to't like openly be like, hey, I have another date with another guy.
Speaker 3: But I mean, you don't.
Speaker 6: You don't me like I'm not dating.
Speaker 1: You don't lie about it. And if they ask it even no, you know, Amy, no, I know you get I don't know. Yeah, that would be bizarre. It's like during the conversation, I was like, so I went on days all two nights ago. Let me say she was great and maybe if it's a tragic story. You could bring it up like I had.
Speaker 4: This the other night.
Speaker 6: You could hear bad dates.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but you definitely and I haven't dated. My wife have been together for like five years and been married for almost three now. But you definitely don't talk about a good date you recently had, right Morgan.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Okay, she's learning, guys.
Speaker 4: I know like you.
Speaker 2: You just say you haven't dated in like five years. I hadn't been seventeen eighteen.
Speaker 1: Times have changed. Yeah, it's not all rotary dial anymore to get a hold of her. All right, let's go over to Eddie any.
Speaker 3: What he got?
Speaker 7: So Malachi Flynn he's a basketball player, but he's a bench player. He's in the NBA for three years. He sits on the bench, doesn't play at all. Well, on Wednesday, the star point guard for the Troy Pistons got hurt, and so he goes in.
Speaker 3: You're in, Flynn.
Speaker 1: Flynn goes in. He scores fifty points off the bench. Believable.
Speaker 7: Even my son brought me the story. He's like, Dad, you got to read the story. It's crazy and so like, if you ever think you're not going to make it or you got this this far and.
Speaker 1: You can't make it, and you get that shot. Do a Flynn get fifty points when you go in? That's awesome to a Flynn be an extremely elite athlete es.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's already.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I hear it's a joke. I hear you. It'd be really good and never get that chance. I've never seen somebody come off the bench score fifty before ever. Right, So, and the Tripists still lost that.
Speaker 2: Terrible who's the basketball player? That's his name? Is very complicated to say, honest, and he's from Greece.
Speaker 1: Honest, looks like I would be careful about exactly.
Speaker 2: Hey, y'all watched the little documentary thing about him? Not little little, I don't know, because it's a I've only seen I think it's not.
Speaker 4: It's not a long thing, but it's.
Speaker 1: Uh a short documentary.
Speaker 4: I watched some of it.
Speaker 2: It's so fascinating. No, I watched it either on Amazon or something that it's so cool because he he went to like an internet cafe, I guess wherever he lived, and he'd never really even seen someone played.
Speaker 1: The marvelous journey There you go.
Speaker 2: So they'd go to the internet cafe and he saw the people playing basketball and he's like, huh, I think I.
Speaker 4: Could do that.
Speaker 2: And then he saw how much money they were making and he was like, gosh, we're about to like we're struggling to pay bills, about to get evicted over here. I think I'm going to try to be an NBA player so I can take care of my family.
Speaker 4: And they would go to the pay to.
Speaker 2: Watch the internet cafe videos of basketball players.
Speaker 4: And then he would just go and start doing it.
Speaker 1: Cool. Then he just got tall because he wanted it.
Speaker 2: He was tall, very athletic, but still not wild.
Speaker 1: To me, the craziest part of his story is when he was drafted, he was like six ' nine and skinny, and he grew more way more than they expected and developed and now he's like six eleven, another eighty pounds. Yeah, it's one of those rare stories. We got drafted pretty late and ended up being a monster.
Speaker 7: To me, the craziest story is Bobby and I saw him at the airport and we didn't even know it him.
Speaker 1: We thought he was a soccer player soccer Jersey and we're like, man, the soccer players a getting taller these days, huh. I walked right out of the airport and Caitlyn goes, did you see you on this back there?
Speaker 7: And I was like, oh, I immediately went that that makes sense.
Speaker 4: Oh that's coy All saw him.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a goalie.
Speaker 2: He's like the nicest guy, and he reminded me of you, Bobby, because.
Speaker 4: One of the.
Speaker 1: No Hey black.
Speaker 4: His mentality.
Speaker 2: He's like, no, I keep any people say I'm one of the best basketball players ever.
Speaker 4: He's like, but but I don't see it.
Speaker 2: That isn't that I'm going to keep playing as if I'm not because that's how I got here, and.
Speaker 1: I still not a good basketball player. So I'm like him. I think that too, you know you.
Speaker 4: I know I have a hard time celebrating where you have a.
Speaker 1: Hard time even taking a compliment. So that's why I'm pivoting off this. But thank you for sharing that and saying that about me. Sure, thank you. I like to get it and I felt uncomfortable sometimes. But I am a lot like Yannest, just like him.
Speaker 3: All right, Moving over to your lunchbox, man thieves got away with a good one on Easter Sunday in LA. They broke into a vault like it's a cash holding place for a low businesses. They broke in through the roof and then they busted a hole in the side of the building and they got away with thirty million dollars thousand.
Speaker 1: I was gonna be like, Wow, okay's cool strategy. Thirty million.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 3: They were able to somehow get past the security system from the roof and then their escape was on the out the side of the building. They busted a hole in the wall.
Speaker 1: The fact there was that much cash and I know that's all balls have much money that's supposed to They still to have thirty million in cash anywhere and then how do you that's trucks. That's trucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they did carry that out with humans. And like they don't have any idea how they got away. They don't have any video because the video boom. They just have pictures of the hole in the wall and they have no idea who did it?
Speaker 1: Lunchbox, You think it's inside, Jeff.
Speaker 3: I think to get to know that there's that much money in there at that time and to get around the security system, someone maybe that works for the security company or maybe drop the money off there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, wow, I like going They spray paints or the camera.
Speaker 3: That's really cool.
Speaker 1: That's cool. They're like, yeah, but you got to get to the camera. They got a mask. Onder.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that visual. Uh. Finally my story. This guy thirty eight years old in Florida. He was arrested. He climbed a cell phone tower and he started just yanking at cables. Oh no, from the top of the tower, and he starts tossing parts under the ground because he'd yank and full and there'd be like springs and talking on to the ground. And somebody sees and they called the cops and he is arrested and cops are like, come down. He finally comes down and they're like, what are you doing? He goes, what do you mean? I work for T Mobile? He didn't.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was like wow.
Speaker 1: He just thought that was gonna be his thing. I worked for T Mobile'm making repairs and quick thinking. Nope, got arrested. He didn't work for T Mobile. And he got it's like a half a million dollars in damage. Dang ding ding. Yeah. I wonder why he did that, Like, was he trying to just kill someone's cell phone.
Speaker 3: Service or something.
Speaker 1: Maybe he didn't like want his wife to get a call. Right, No good there pull the wires. Not really how it works, but yeah, that's from the Miami Herald's that's our favorite news. Let's get the show started. Let's open up the mailbag.
Speaker 8: You friendly gen mail, and we read all the air to get something we call body's mailbag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hello, Bobby Bones. I'm having issues with my next door neighbor. She's in her mid to late thirties. The weather's getting warmer. She mows the lawn in a sports bra. All right, we'll wash her car in the sports bra and check the mail in a sports brawl. The problem is I have teenage boys. Perfect, that's great for the problem is they love having a conversation with her? Or do I just need to get my sons and their friends in check sign a mom of teenage boys?
Speaker 4: But I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't feel like a sports brawls that make of a deal, right man, it's not even your son's.
Speaker 3: Honestly, when we go to the grocery store and sports bra like that, yeah it's weird, I agree, but it's weird when you say it.
Speaker 1: Then I can't hardly agree because it's like a lot, dude, I had a hot neighbor growing up and will come over stops and she would go out to answer. She would go out and get the mail, and we'd all.
Speaker 7: Be like, she's coming out, she's coming out, and we'd all go over to the front yard be like it's gonna hang out and watch. It's awesome. Man, Was she in a sports bra? Nah, she'd neither be in a sports bra. That was a fourth sports braw culture. Now it's like it's every day where and it's awesome.
Speaker 1: I would not worry about it if the teenage boys want to watch them in a sports brall, they're not doing anything wrong, No, just watching sports brawl. You guys are making me sound creepy because I would agree with you teenagers. But maybe it's teaching them. Also, it's not a big deal that's missing a sports brawl. Yeah, it shows she works out. No athletic where right being on their side when their side feel so creepy.
Speaker 4: But it's right guys movy guard with their shirt.
Speaker 1: Off, right, But it's not like you. It's all ripped up dudes their shirts off.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm just saying, okay, so what if and you had teenage whomever.
Speaker 3: She was ugly. They wouldn't be looking.
Speaker 1: I promise it's just a sports brawl. That's what I'm gonna say to you. Do whatever you want your kids. It's just a sports bras.
Speaker 3: And maybe you should be happy your kids are outside.
Speaker 2: Not very.
Speaker 1: Sports brawl is not a big deal.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 1: It's actually good. Okay, See, I mean.
Speaker 4: It could be. It could be worse, because I feel like at one point it's not. I don't know.
Speaker 2: All these years, things get glory, but didn't we have one where someone was doing something in bikini next door and the parents were like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I think it's maybe the dead.
Speaker 1: Was a whole different that I got some things. Okay, I'm gonna say, hey, mom my, teenage boys, broad chill up. I'm sorry. I mean, just relax, and I'm gonna say no, no, yes, I agree with them, but I hate it.
Speaker 3: One, two, three, sports braw. No, we got your geen mail and we read on your Now it's found the clothes Bobby Fail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's time for fun facts. If we find one during the week, we put a pen in it. We wait till the segment we bring it to the show. Let's go.
Speaker 2: Google in its origins was going to be called back rub, but then they decided to change it to Google because I don't know, maybe they just started to think that BackRub was a little weird.
Speaker 1: Well, it's only weird because it wasn't used. If let's say they called a BackRub, we'd be like they were gonna call it google. What's that stupid word?
Speaker 4: Is a google?
Speaker 1: Google is a weird word? Yeah, so what's normal ends up being normal because it's normalized. But why would it be backrup? Because everybody likes a BackRub, so it doesn't like a bottle.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm helping you can't you don't know how to get there. I'll help you get their BackRub?
Speaker 1: Is that how you get help? Holy? Whoa learn a little something about amy?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we hear you loud and clear. Uh. Fun fact Friday Eddie the dye using red skittles.
Speaker 7: And I know some states have banned these red skittles, but the dye that they use in it is made from crushed bodies of beetles, which is probably why I think they're trying to ban that red thing.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I don't think that's why. It's like it's I think got a carcinogen or something in it, like a cancer causing chemical. They're also correct. Well, then the ones beetles, I feel like would be that would but knowing that.
Speaker 7: You would rally knowing that it was preshed beetleshells like you would don't care.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know what's in my food. Well, I'm telling you that's disgusting only because you know you don't know what's in your food. I bet you're going to all kinds of places not even knowing. Yeah, problem, and if you knew, then it'd be gross. That's why I don't watch the meat documentaries. I don't want to feel sad.
Speaker 3: It's a good point.
Speaker 1: I know I feel sad and probably a vegetarian. Yeah, I don't want to be sad, so I just don't watch them. That's how live a healthy box. Lunchbox.
Speaker 3: Nineteen sixty two maybe the greatest year in American history. It was the year the first breast augmentation took place.
Speaker 1: Wow, what year is that? That's nineteen sixty two. Yeah, imagine that you're you're gonna go forward with it like has we put some plastic? I bet that didn't end well.
Speaker 3: I doesn't say, just said nineteen sixty two was the.
Speaker 1: First one, and then i'd be in pervy, But I think of it soide like, no, no, I'm not pervy. Well, everything you do is other peet pooper boobs.
Speaker 4: Well, why wouldn't it end well?
Speaker 1: Because then if it because I would assume that they put a like a a plastic in that probably didn't work well with the body because they still haven't quite figured it out to a perfect science.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's you know, the breast what do they call it? When you get the implants and there's a disease. I can't think of the name right now, But a lot of people get their's removed because they're not feeling off, they don't feel normal.
Speaker 1: So I would assume that anything that you do, for the most part medically the first time doesn't really go right, but you learn a lot from it. But you are a perfect right Morgan.
Speaker 5: The Empire State Building in New York City is so large it has its own zip code?
Speaker 1: How large is it? Oh, that's you set it up?
Speaker 3: Go ahead?
Speaker 1: Has its own zip code?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's home to one zero, one one eight.
Speaker 1: You might have thought that our show is cracking out. No, that was Morgan's voice. More. Yeah, you know how it sounds like if you're on the internet and think's all right, you're breaking up.
Speaker 3: No, No, that's that's Morgan's ally sexuality.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh yeah, it kills me. I mean I had a day this a week ago, stuff like seventeen hours because the pollen had just infected me, like the very first ever moob job in nineteen sixty second.
Speaker 3: Man, you'll never forget that.
Speaker 4: Also, breast implant illness is what it's called.
Speaker 1: That's what I would have thought it was called, without specific I wanted.
Speaker 4: The official word because I couldn't think of it and it was bothering me.
Speaker 1: Is that the official word for it? That seems that's like a chance the rapper being a rapper, you know? The plant illness?
Speaker 2: Okay, I think I called it like when you get breast implants and there's a disease.
Speaker 4: That's what I called it. So rest infant illness is better.
Speaker 1: All right. I got a few here for you guys. The movie Dallas Buyers Club, remember that with Matthew McConnaughey. Yeah, the budget was so low that the makeup artist, Robin Matthews, only had two hundred and fifty dollars to spend for the entire movie, and she used it, bought all the makeup she could get and still won the Oscar for best makeup and Hairstyling. That's awesome. Fun Fact Friday, Mississippi is the only state where it's not legal to drink and drive. However, however, your blood alcohol level still needs to be below the legal limit of point.
Speaker 4: Eight, so you can have an open container.
Speaker 1: I guess that you can drink, but as long as it's not it's point oh seven, you're good to go. So that's where al Deane was driving down the dirt road, chilling on a dirt road point seven on a blow blow. Next up, there are no term limits for vice president, so in theory, different presidents could keep picking the same person to be vice president. Get a five in a row, and I'll pick the same vice president. That's pretty good. And then finally presidential fund Fact number two. ULYSSA. S. Grant was the first president who tried to get elected for a third term, but the party decided to nominate James Garfield for the eighteen eighty election instead. Could call Garfield to one and so you can't it wasn't gonna be sequential anyway. But you can't really do that. But I've been watching the Abe Lincoln show. Oh yeah, Manhunt Apple Plus.
Speaker 4: What's that about Lincoln?
Speaker 1: No, it's actually about Booth. Yeah, I mean it is about link. I mean it's yes, it's about lincoln assassination. And they are basically presenting what they think is a factual story and theory on what happened with the assassination of Abe Lincoln. Which it's crazy because I knew Booth was a big actor. I didn't know that and was really good looking, and like they were surprised that he's the one that Asasinatedhi because eybodyknew him soon as he shot him. He's had performed many times. He was a famous actor. Yeah, to watch it's called man Hunt.
Speaker 7: Man Hunt on Apple Plus says are looking for Booth. Hey, did you did you think Abe Lincoln was a little weird, like just.
Speaker 1: You know, they made it a little squarely to be honest with you, maybe he was, but they didn't make it a little squarely for her, so that was weird. But if Ave Lincoln was six foot five or whatever, he was six ' five. Yeah, like his weight it's pretty thin guy. Maybe he was that squirrely.
Speaker 4: He was a wrestler, right, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe knows what people did by then wrestler. Yeah, but that's okay. I mean he was a wrestler, but he everybody, anybody can be wrestler back in like the eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 4: Oh, I thought he was just like really good.
Speaker 1: He's not like hul Cookin.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, he was show.
Speaker 1: He only lost once in eighteen thirty two during the Blackhawk Award of the champion of another military unit. When is wrestling?
Speaker 3: Wow, interesting to wrestler.
Speaker 1: He had as many as three match wrest during the war. The whole lifetime war is not constant fighting. A lot of times you're just sitting there waiting. Oh it's downtime, man. All that's fun fact Friday. There you go, Fun fact Friday. It's time for the good news. Produce ready, guys. On Monday, April eighth, that's this coming Monday.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, our lives are going to be changed because the eclipse is going to be in.
Speaker 1: The sky and so this is the one where the what passes what's the middle us of the moon? I don't see that's the moon. Just think the moon between because it could be different ones. The sun could go I don't know, know the.
Speaker 3: Moon goes in front of the sun and blocks it and then past this pass and then the sun comes back out.
Speaker 1: It looks to me. Yeah, but here here's the deal.
Speaker 4: I know that our lives are going to be changed.
Speaker 1: They're talking about it's unbelieve if it's the moment that people like either aliens are ready to come down, or terrorists are going to attack, or people just start giving away free money, you never know whoa I mean, it's just happened a few years ago, not like this is a different one. This is a different I I'm okay, But here's the deal.
Speaker 7: What people like to do is they're like, oh, the let me put my regular sunglasses on and look at the sun.
Speaker 1: You can't do that. That'll burn your eyes. So stop talking like that. People. It's not like how do you do?
Speaker 7: So what a lot of retailers are doing, they're giving away free sunglasses that are I SO certified. That's what you need to look for, ISO certified. So Warby Parker is one of them. Jenny's ice Cream Smoothie Kings Sonic is giving away these things, and Moonpie they're giving away these uh solar eclips Moonpie sunglasses, so look for those and don't just do normal glasses. Don't do normal glasses. And my wife already ordered them, So I think I'm gonna return the ones that we ordered.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go to Sonning. What about I know I've made this reference before, but what about if you put on a welders mask, you.
Speaker 3: Could that probably works as someone who used your weld.
Speaker 1: I bet it does. I bet it works like crazy because I would like tig weld.
Speaker 3: But if you don't know that, I don't think it's ISO certified.
Speaker 1: Well look look in the mask.
Speaker 7: If it says ISO certified, where because you're gonna look cool, dude.
Speaker 1: In a welders masks. I bet you you're the one out there in a welders mask. Looks now. I bet welders mask is. Okay, it's even more hardcore than these glasses. Do you guys want to have a party and watch this together? Yeah? Okay, all right, I'm good. Thank you, Eddie. That's what it's all about.
Speaker 3: That was tell me something good.
Speaker 1: It's time for everyone's favorite game, the easiest game ever Easy trivia. Amy has a t r on because she's the champion. She has three wins playing the five you guys Ready to go? Nobody loses first round. What company is known for its search engine that's become synonymous with the Internet searching may correct, Google, Lunchbox. What company's famous for its iPhone, iPad and mac book? Apple? Correct Laura Morgan Laurie Morgan when she was here? I like her Amy too? What social media platform? Morgan was founded by Mark Zuckerberg?
Speaker 4: Facebook?
Speaker 1: Correct Abbey. What company's famous for just do it as its slogan, Nike Correct nobody would have gone home, but nobody missed. But if you do miss, you get boned. You've been boom Ready to go. The category is nineties country Amy, who released Forever and Ever Amen in nineteen ninety one. Randy Trapmas correct Lunchbox who released The Dance in nineteen ninety Garth Brooks correct Morgan, who released Man I Feel Like a Woman in nineteen ninety seven. Correct who released boot, Scoot and Boogie Brookson done. Correct Celebrities Amy, who's known as the mom jer of the Kardashian Jenner family.
Speaker 2: Uh, making sure I don't confuse them it's Christian Correct Lutchbox.
Speaker 1: What actress starred as Katon as Eberdeen in the Hunger Games film series, Jennifer Lawrence correct Morgan, who's the lead singer of Maroon five, Adam Levine correct Abby? What actor played iron Man?
Speaker 4: Always get a movie one?
Speaker 1: There were multiple, but it wasn't like I know, It's just I know it also like super It's like one of the most famous movies in the past.
Speaker 4: I know I'm still gonna miss it.
Speaker 1: Because what actor played Irony? Well, think about it.
Speaker 6: I'm thinking, what's his name?
Speaker 4: I am going to give up?
Speaker 1: You give up?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, Robert Down, I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: I already.
Speaker 1: That's weird because God's give vote the categories music three people remain Lunchbox maybe no, I know lunchbox. How you doing? Sorry? You got me good dude. Which iconic guitarist Amy is known for his performance of the Star Spangled Banner at Woodstock nineteen sixty nine. Which iconic guitarist is known for his iconic performance of the star Spangled Banner at Woodstock in nineteen sixty nine.
Speaker 2: What Woodstock sixty nine Iconic guitarist.
Speaker 1: Van Halen incorrect?
Speaker 3: You record all those years ago. I sat up there on the stage and told you Jimmy Hendrix's right.
Speaker 7: Okay, Lunchbox Eddie van Halen was they were good in Woodstock though you have a.
Speaker 1: Sixty nine van Halen?
Speaker 4: Were they there?
Speaker 1: No, they're way too young the children, Okay, I don't know they have it in the eighties Lunchbox Cool What British band released the song yellow in the year two thousand.
Speaker 8: Cold Boy?
Speaker 1: Correct Morgan, who is known as the king of pop.
Speaker 6: The king of pop would be Michael Jackson.
Speaker 1: Correct. Two people trivia? Well, what's that one? That's pretty easy? Yellow card? Handed herself a yellow meant to me ever time rewarded ourself a yellow card. Okay, but if you'll get another one, you're eliminated from next round. Okay, okay. TV shows is the category lunchbox. What Friends character works as a chef. That's Monica correct, good job Morgan. TV Shows. Ted Moseby is the main character on What TV Show that is voiced over by Bob Saggett telling the story through flashbacks. What I'll read it one more time. Ted Moseby is the main character on What Show that is voiced over by Bob Saggott telling the story through flashbacks.
Speaker 4: Can you tell me what year this came out?
Speaker 1: I would never give you more information than the actual question.
Speaker 5: The only show I know of Bob Saggat is pul Howse literally the only no, and that's it's no.
Speaker 1: Shut up lunch got him yellow car for not shutting up. Wow Morgan, yellow car for being me.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 1: Yellow cards all around.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, Ted Moseby and Bob Saggett is a voiceover.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna put the clock up right now, five seconds.
Speaker 6: Three's company.
Speaker 1: That I did not know that they're sitting there as kids. He's like good kids as a how I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that legend wait for.
Speaker 1: It, shut up, that's easy trivia that and nobody got a red cards coming up, Luke Bryan and studio love that. Dude. Never know what's going to happen. Sometimes we try to keep the train on the track. Sometimes you can't keep the train on the tracks. And it's a beautiful thing. Luke Bryan coming up. Let's go to this voicemail morning Corny.
Speaker 8: What do you call a laptop that can sing adele?
Speaker 1: Funny? Hell adele? Computer?
Speaker 2: Adele pile of stories sang at least forty percent of adults have gone at least three days without face to face conversations.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a vacation. Oh not us, no, but that sounds I mean that to me is like picture perfect vacation. Yeah. No, faces don't talk to anyone.
Speaker 2: I mean they're having can communication with people, but it's either via text or maybe just like face time or something like that. But like, face to face interaction is definitely an important thing.
Speaker 1: Well, you're not like going to the story anything, like what do you stay at home? Well for three days? Yeah, well people will stay home for three days, three days you don't go to work, maybe not from home.
Speaker 2: I didn't just say seeing another human face. I said face to face conversation like fas.
Speaker 1: No humans all yeah, yeah, take it to.
Speaker 2: The next level, which is speaking of like in a similar vain, I saw that first dates are like now going to video like instead of actually even going somewhere, like you plan a whole online date with someone so scheduled, like hey.
Speaker 1: From sure, that's a thing, but I think now that one of the benefits is you can actually FaceTime somebody if you need to to say hi, more so than go on a date, right, Morgan, would you ever do that before date? Let's have a phone call or a tax if you so set up, Hey, let's FaceTime real over plans or no.
Speaker 5: I would only FaceTime if I'm concerned about a cat fishing possibility.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Otherwise no, because I think it kind of takes away from the first date.
Speaker 1: You want the headlining act to come out without having come out during the opener.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because if you get so much information, you may not even go on a date because you're like, oh, never mind to take it back.
Speaker 4: Well, but this isn't just a like hey.
Speaker 2: I'm meeting you video like you like you like eat dinner together.
Speaker 5: It's like a date during COVID, Like that definitely happened a lot during COVID.
Speaker 1: But now the house were you going to do? People during COVID, We're all worried that we're going to get some deadly yeah you know monster and then we washed our mail that we watched everything.
Speaker 3: The boxes on the horse for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's weird to think about. I haven't thought about that in a minute.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 1: It weird when kids are like two now get older and they learned about it. They be like, what, then there'll be a different kind of pandemic, because just one about every seventy years or so. But yeah, that was that was bizarre. Like Amazon packages, we were like, aren't touching it?
Speaker 7: You touch it, and we're going to have a series of pictures of us us wearing masks. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: There's a whole couple year of movies that address it by wearing the actors at some point to wearing masks. What else.
Speaker 4: Okay, so do you all know the incognito way to search on Google? Anybody?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 1: It's called Google incognitate it. That's what it's called incognito.
Speaker 4: You just really I didn't even know that was a thing.
Speaker 1: The only thing it does. It's not like you're secretly looking for bad stuff. It's just that there's no search history. Yeah, but if you hit it, it's not I'm sure everybody has every piece of data possible. Right.
Speaker 2: Well, a lawsuit was filed and Google has now agreed to or if they're being forced to delete all the data that it's been collecting from people's incognito searches.
Speaker 1: Bro it's Google, trust me bro ability.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this whole lawsuit went down and people were asking for like a lot of money, about five billion dollars, which Google is not paying that out, but they are deleting this stuff where people assumed if I'm being incognito, then no one's tracking.
Speaker 4: This, but Google is no.
Speaker 1: The reason I had it on is because I was looking at sports memorabilia and my wife and I go to the same Google account. She was like, why are you trying to buy more Andre Dawson sports memorabilia? Don't you have eleven things already just looking at you know, I'm just seeing so okay.
Speaker 2: Well, if you didn't know about it, it's there. And I guess it'll help hide.
Speaker 1: Things from your I wouldn't say hide, more like strategically get out of the way of the eyes of the other person words sometimes you know, Yeah, it would, and it kept us from having conflict about my stupid decisions of things I would search for for shopping.
Speaker 3: Sounds like hid but yeah, yeah, no potato tide.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 2: Beyonce gave sole writing credit to Dolly Pardon for the new version of Joline, even though she rewrote a lot of the words. Dolly is the sole person. She's probably gonna make a pretty penny.
Speaker 1: Sure had the Pretty Penny another one, and I was thinking about doing Stairway to Heaven. And you know what, I'll give them full credit when Night put it out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm Amy. That's my file.
Speaker 3: That was Amy's Kyle Stories.
Speaker 1: It's time for the good news?
Speaker 3: How much box? Tom Showinick woke up on his ninetieth birthday today, I'm ninety. You gotta do something special. And now he didn't just go for a walk and walk ninety steps. He jumped on his bicycle and pedaled and pedaled and peddled, and he went for ninety miles. Wow, on his ninetieth birthday.
Speaker 1: People, I mean ninety miles on the twenty fifth birthdays. It's a lot. I'd just be glad to wake up. Oh a ninety ninety, he.
Speaker 3: Said into what keeps him going?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a lot. Good for him. It's like that story Amy gave us by Judge Judy and her husband. Yeah they're not ninety, but they're like eighties.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, she's eighty one and he's ninety.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, or she ninety he's eighty one.
Speaker 4: One of those she's eighty one and he's ninety.
Speaker 1: Got it? Well? I felt like what relationship I think of where she's much older. That's in the news. There's one where she's like twelve to thirteen years older than him. Oh that's me and my wife. All right, congrats to him. I hope he lives a long and happy life from this moment. All right, that's what it's all about.
Speaker 3: That was telling me something good.
Speaker 4: The what's the most popular fish in the ocean? The starfish.
Speaker 1: Would have been like that was the most famous, the most famous fish in the ocean, or or like what's an astrologists favorite fish? The starfish fish is in the most No, you can't do better now because you didn't. You messed I mean a joke.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I got You're famous.
Speaker 1: You're popular, so not always. I know, famous people aren't popular at all. There are a lot of infamous people.
Speaker 4: Hm hmm. Then that would make them memfamous, but.
Speaker 1: They would be famous that's famous in a negative way. For example, Timothy.
Speaker 4: McVeigh, Okay, you're right, yeah, okay, not a.
Speaker 1: Star, not laden, not a star star right now, you know it was a star yeah, news, Sorry, I.
Speaker 4: Didn't go that route.
Speaker 1: No, no, we liked it.
Speaker 4: So if anybody wants to retaell this show today because I.
Speaker 1: Know a lot of people Estralla's favorite fish a starfish.
Speaker 4: Oh like nice, that's good, but he just did that one. No, it's good to do it. Yep.
Speaker 1: Every once in a while we were reminded, No, no, I am, and I am.
Speaker 2: Going through a lot of changes. But I already feel like it's gonna get better.
Speaker 1: It's not yet.
Speaker 4: It's like a roller coaster.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's getting a little bit better. Yeah, at times, but then sometimes you're like a wild a wild bull, and I'm like, Okay, we're gonna we're gonna ride this out eight seconds and then she can be back.
Speaker 4: I think it's.
Speaker 2: Important to note, though, because I kind of thought when I had two good days in a row, I thought, Okay, we're in the clear now.
Speaker 4: And I talked to my doctor because I was very confused.
Speaker 2: About some of my feeling, like the things that have been going on, and she's.
Speaker 4: Like, oh, it's gonna be a little bit of in and out.
Speaker 2: I would give it at least a couple of months, and then you'll probably really start to feel yourself or whoever you're meant to be new.
Speaker 1: Is exactly the Friday morning conversation with Luke. I got a question for you we were talking about earlier this week because I went to watch Chris Tomlin's concert aside from the Message, which was amazing, Like, it was the best sounding concert I've ever been to. It blew me, really, Yeah, what's the best concert you've ever been to? Because I don't know all the words to every song? I gotta be honest, I like going to concerts or I know all the words, but that still is now the best concert I've ever been to.
Speaker 8: The best concert I've ever been to, len me. I mean probably when Riba came out in like the jet on stage and just all of the you know, the theatrics of what she did, like when she was just making it happen. I mean, it was pretty impressed. And the fact that she was in Albany, Georgia, which essentially is my hometown, and she brought that kind of show even to that kind of smaller market, but she was there for like three nights and it was pandemonium for our town to get that show.
Speaker 1: Whenever you were younger, did most shows not come to Auburny? Did you have to go to Atlanta?
Speaker 8: Or well, we didn't even think about going to Atlanta. I mean, you know, al Being he had a pretty big civic center at the time, you know, probably a ten thousand cedar, and you know, we used to get some pretty interesting shows and like the Backstreet Boys were there one time, so I mean that was kind of you go to that one. I did, but it was like a you went because everybody went. I mean, like, I don't even like them, you know, I didn't. I really didn't. I mean I knew, but I remember all of us all the you know, we were all making fun of one another. Was it. What did I say back? No, new kids? No, it was new kids.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, I don't even like but I did.
Speaker 2: Like, so we went.
Speaker 8: We went because we knew the girls were going to be there, you know. So but yeah, we had like h like def Leopard came through there in Alabama, but a lot of the concerts, like like there would be something like thirty eight Special came there and like my and then, uh, I never will forget Joan Jett was opening for somebody and my uncle Bill was sitting on the front row and he's like down there with overalls and a John Deere hat on and John Jett just walks right out and just flips him the bird, like just right at his face.
Speaker 1: Like for rock and roll reasons or for like just like being a rock star.
Speaker 8: And you know there's my uncle Bill down there.
Speaker 1: Classic uncle Bill. Did you come over by yourself?
Speaker 8: I'm just here.
Speaker 1: I rolled him come in by himself, and I'm like, that's the guy was comfortable, just showed up.
Speaker 8: I don't like, I don't have a radio person here. My management's not here. Like I could literally get what I say, anything to retire myself and end it all right.
Speaker 1: Now, we'd beep you, we'd say if you don't, uh, I want to talk about the new single real quick. But so we'll play it and they'll come back. But I love you miss you mean it. Yeah, it's new music. But it's like there's you've got a whole six six songs coming out, right, the whole six songs?
Speaker 8: Did we announce that we're doing that?
Speaker 1: No one's here to say, that's what I was told.
Speaker 8: What happens when I don't get you know Britain? No, we I'm joking about that. But the thing is, uh, yeah, do you want to see my papers? Yeah, let me see what you're supposed to talk to me about.
Speaker 1: Well, that's at the front state on the top part it says the single and then it says sixth new song.
Speaker 8: Oh, I didn't know it was in November. Yeah, it's coming out in November, and uh, you know, I'm really on top of my you know, I'm really I'm really locked into what I'm doing these days.
Speaker 1: That's good, you know the single then, because you sing it love you miss.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I actually was in the I didn't get AI on that. It was actually me. But as we're in the process of trying to figure out like how important like huge twenty or fifteen song albums are, my goal is to to find four songs that I like, whether I wrote them or not, just go in and cut them and and do that about every two or three months to keep just it's fun being in there recording music you're excited about. So with me, yeah, and we'll do we we've never even technically put like a country on on like an you know, we don't have.
Speaker 1: It just existed by itself.
Speaker 8: It's just out there. Yes, so we'll we'll compile all that and then put something together that we we really like. But but I've got probably I've got hold on. This will be funny. Oh never mind, people looking for me now here.
Speaker 1: We're really going on.
Speaker 8: We're on but uh but we you know. So I'm just gonna put music out and and I'm really really all joking aside. I mean when I heard love You miss you mean, and I was like, that's a song that really seems to be like kind of got the juice.
Speaker 3: The Friday Morning Conversation with Luke Brian.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do deep Questions with Luke Brian.
Speaker 4: Oh deep, deep, Well.
Speaker 1: You got three questions here. Number one, Luke Brian, where do you see yourself in ten years?
Speaker 8: Where do I see myself in ten years? Hopefully? I'd like to do summers in Tennessee, in winters, in tropically warmer stuff. I'd love to have like a nice sport fishing boat. It's big enough just to sit on. Well, I've got a center console that it's actually it's total we just uh it Uh a tornado hit the warehouse that it was in and it totaled it. So I'm officially out of a offshore boat. But I'd like to get like one that you can you know, you can stay on, go send it to the Keys fly to the keys, hop on it, sit on the deck, listen to Jimmy Buffett and drink vodka and go fish.
Speaker 1: What do you see yourself doing ten years musically?
Speaker 8: You know, I think kind of what I'm doing now really having uh, you know, having a lot of fun doing it, as long as as long as I feel like I could get up there and sing like I want to. But I'm gonna always kind of have concerts around the deal, you know. Do I wake up and I'm like, I'm going to conquer the world this year, and I'm gonna have global dominance. I mean, you know, I'm just gonna kind of let the songs steer the course and not if things go great with a song, I'm I'm gonna be fired up. And then if I have something that doesn't really work, I'm not gonna sit there and start cussing everybody out either. Again again, all right, Number two, hit it. Who is the most intelligent person?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 8: Who the most intelligent person?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 1: These are great deep questions with with Luke.
Speaker 8: Yes, the most intelligent person I know probably my music producer of my whole career, Jeff Stevens, And what about him makes you because from music to life, to family, to the world's the world's imploding, to the world. He always seems I can call him and it's it's this really like just solid view of the situation. And I always leave the conversations having felt that I got the right the right advice for the moment. And it's never done in Jeff's my producer, and there's never been like pressure, like whether it's a song he and I wrote that may be a single. There's never been like it's just always been he delivers the info in the opinion and there's no strings attached, and it's always been great.
Speaker 1: Final question, what was your favorite age growing up?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 8: Probably are you still growing up when you're twenty two.
Speaker 1: I think you can still be going up now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean first second year at Georgia Southern, so I would have been I got a two year degree from a small college. And then when I got to Georgia Southern when I was one, so about twenty two was pretty damn awesome.
Speaker 1: Do you remember, Yeah, well, yeah, you got a little weird tom all like.
Speaker 8: Well, I just remember, like because I think when you're eighteen and you go off to college, that year is like great, like but you're probably a little too immature to be there well with me. I mean, I was twenty one when I went off to college, so like I was, I had a lot of I had a little more life. I mean, from from eighteen to twenty one, like I was, I was like doing a lot of Like when I think about it, like I was working. My schedule would be I would work from I would go to college from about eight am to eleven, I would leave and I would work at my dad's peanut meal from noon till about ten pm. And I did that every day, and then on Fridays and Saturdays, I was going and gigging. So from eighteen to twenty one light I was like I never came up for air. It was like So when I went to college and got to college, I was just like, I ain't got to go work at my dad's peanut meal. The little school I went to was really hard. It was a tough college to go to. So Georgia Southern was a little more. I had all my core crap out of the way, so I just let it rip and had a blast. Like at one point I lived in a me and this guy, a buddy of mine. We lived on a lake. It was called Cypress Lake, and I stayed in Southern for Georgia, Southern for the summer, like in a cabin or it was a cabin over the lake that we would park our boats under our house, and I mean it was just awesome. There were house boats out there and it was pretty pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: I saw Katie's leaving Idle.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, well, you know, she she caught a little flak for not flax. She just inadvertently announced it on Kimmel. I think she inadvertently announced it either way.
Speaker 1: But that show can be edited because it's not always live.
Speaker 8: Right, You're right now that you say that they could have no I think, uh, you know, I think Katie had kind of told me on the set. She was like, I think this is my last year. I was like really, and like we're on set and maybe not everybody heard it, but I was like okay. But then I thought, I thought she's just having a girl day where yeah, well she's just like I don't know what I want to do in my life. Anyway, she did announce it, and you know, as it gets, as the final show gets nearer, I mean it'll be pretty emotional we've had a I mean through the years that our our unit and our group and her you know, being right there, she's she's just a blast to work with. And I mean she's she's just crazy and all the great all the good ways, you know.
Speaker 7: And so.
Speaker 8: I don't know if I would, I mean, I love an idol. It's I still enjoyed. I I wouldn't let her doing that make me. You know, we don't know every every I guess everybody thinks we have two or three or four year commitments. We don't like if the show, like if somebody comes up and like, hey, the ratings are tanking, then we're probably out of a gig. So as long as the show feels like it's in an upward traject trajectory and we're not, I mean, we're we still feel like every year, I feel like we gain a little more ground with people watching it and trusting what we're doing. So as long as I feel like I'm a part of something really still pretty special. It's it's definitely things I look at in the top of the year where I'm like, oh, this will be uh yes, So I don't have my decision made for next year.
Speaker 1: But but you can do the hats like recruits do is one have? This is idle one ha, this is buying a boat and maybe idle then you put one on your head and that's how you announce it.
Speaker 8: Buying the Boat's probably we'll have to do a double a double hat with by boat and stick with idol. But you know, Idol's fun. And then uh uh. Peyton Manning and I are doing we're doing a series called It's All Country that we've been filming the past kind of month and a half. And but I mean now I think I've settled into like a good play. I mean, like I leave today, I leave and go straight to baseball games. My boys are both somehow thanks to Caroline Athletic. I don't think I had anything to do with that, but so they're really really active in sports. Like I had to plan like this fall. I had to plan Friday nights and be like no shows on Friday nights all in the fall because the kids, because the kids, and I think literally for eight years for because Tate's going to be coming right in behind bow On on football. So Friday nights in the fall are eliminated for me. And I mean that's that's not me. That's just me. That's time in my life where it's time to be there. Like you can miss it. I mean when they're you can kind of miss a couple of four year old t ball games when they're just running to third base when they hit the ball and don't know where the hell they're at. But now it's it's important.
Speaker 1: Luke Bryan's in studio acting you I never did.
Speaker 8: I never did any act I tell you what I mean.
Speaker 1: When you're I've seen you in plays like from back in the day.
Speaker 8: Yeah, back in the day I did. I did one act plays.
Speaker 4: And but.
Speaker 8: When you're when you're filed filming promos for Idle and you're filming like and you mess up a take, and then you have to replicate the energy and the vibe and the laughs, and you're you're inadvertently learning how to replicate stuff on camera in a natural acting form that I don't think you really you know so, I think, I mean just when somebody puts a camera in your face, getting comfortable with that takes. So I would be comfortable all with all that. I would just really want whoever I work with that I can trust them that you look legit doing the role and it's believable.
Speaker 1: And you know, are you anti nude scene? I would yeah, yeah, he's on the CG.
Speaker 8: I involved.
Speaker 1: AI.
Speaker 8: You know we're gonna need some.
Speaker 1: A all right. Final two questions. Are people surprised at times whenever you sit at a piano to learn that you're I feel like you'll be like, I'm not but whatever, that you're a really good piano player.
Speaker 8: I love surprising people with that. I think it's always fun. I think it's always fun for people to to have that up kind of have that ace up my sleeve. And then when I can hold a room with a piano and it's not come easy, I've I put myself in the role of playing piano in front of a lot of people to get better, because if you just stay in your house and think you're working on it, and then put twenty thousand people in the room, anyway, you just got to jump in it. So I've really had fun working hard in playing piano. But I still can trick people better than I actually am.
Speaker 1: But I said, no, humble card, because you're good, you're good, We'll move off.
Speaker 8: Th'm not gonna I hear you, but I'm good to hold I'm good at like I'm good in my little space. But then I know what, like I know where not strength right, I know where not to venture.
Speaker 1: Final question, like what to you right now is fulfilling? Right now?
Speaker 8: What's fulfilling to me is the fact that in the state of Tennessee, between my house and going to a farm, or just putting a boat in at the house, or going to the Duck River and floating down the river, I could just knock around the state of Tennessee with my children and my family, and I can ride around my farm on a polaris at or I'm just content with just chilling out around the house. I can run, go play nine holes of golf, come back like waking up with no plan. I can go piddle in the garden, and then I can go write a song. You know, I don't have to feel like I got to write eight songs a week. I can get an idea, call a front, call a buddy, Hey, what are you doing, Swim out of the house, let's fish for a couple of hours. Then let's go write a song. So you know, I'm really content with just like I'm gonna really retire very efficiently, and it's gonna be all. It's gonna be like, it's gonna be Yeah. When I call you for like a retirement plan party for me, be there because it'll be Yeah, it'll be like, it'll be well thought out.
Speaker 1: I guess the last thing here because we're gonna play by the way. We premiered Luke's new song earlier. We'll played it again coming up in just a little bit. But because I'm gonna play whatever your answer is, But what is your favorite song to perform live? Now?
Speaker 8: Oh gosh, I mean country Girl naturally will always be just blatantly the most fun just because hitting it and don't don't don't, don't don't. I mean watching everybody just the energy level go to that that and play it again, I mean play again.
Speaker 1: It's pretty. He gave me two. I can't play it with the same time. That sound like a train wreck.
Speaker 8: Dude, play it again.
Speaker 1: Okay, look good to see you, buddy, Really good to see y'all. Good to see you. Look good. You look ten. You look like I've been in.
Speaker 8: Yeah, like I've been I've been rot Yeah, like I've got I've never even had like definite raccoon eyes and stuff from sunglasses. But yeah, I've been out there. I've been out there fishing.
Speaker 1: All right, look, probably everybody. A couple of nights ago, we had a big charity show, is Amazing, The Raging Idiots, Million dollar show. That's Eddie and I. A bunch of friends came out and played with us. John Party, Sam Hunt, Post Malone came play. It's amazing. So we had spent about two days getting ready for the show because there were like ten artists. By getting ready, just like practicing the songs. Havn't rehearsal sound the day of the show. That's all we were doing. Basically, we did this show and then we were at the venue getting ready. Other members of the show had other obligations because we had some clients. They were like coming to the show like or part of the show, and we were like, please come have dinner with this, come to the show. Thank you for being an advertiser. Morgan, you went to a client function.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was right before the million dollars show.
Speaker 1: I was there too.
Speaker 3: You me some credit.
Speaker 1: No, we don't worry, it's about you. Hey, So oh boy, what time did you have to go?
Speaker 6: We had to get there at like five Okay.
Speaker 1: So early dinner because the show started at seven thirty.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we wanted everybody to be there for the opening.
Speaker 1: What kind of restaurant was it?
Speaker 6: It was nice. It's called the Palm.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, good, nice steakhouse. Yeah. And a couple of clients there, a few clients.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And Lunchbox had to be at a table. I had to be at a table. We were all entertaining separate.
Speaker 1: Kind of clients got it because there were so many they wanted to make sure nobody felt left out. Yes, and these stories usually end up hell, guys, because just guessin nine no embarrassing, And do you testify? Morgan? This is the whole truth that you're about to tell me, the whole truth.
Speaker 6: Nothing about the truth, not a bit.
Speaker 1: Everybody listening to the show, you think sometimes we make stuff up. Not a bit, whole truth, nothing but the truth. It go ahead, Morgan.
Speaker 5: So we had a set menu and it was on the table as soon as we got there, everything we were supposed to have, and it looked great. But lunch Box like, as soon as he saw it, we hadn't even had dinner yet. He demanded to the waitress, was like, I don't want conoli. I want cheesecake for my dessert. And I'm like, dude, just eat the conoli.
Speaker 6: Why does it matter.
Speaker 4: He's like, no, I deserve I'm here, I deserve cheesecake. I'm like it's free. He's like, yeah, I deserve it.
Speaker 1: What do you know?
Speaker 5: They bring him out cheesecake and here through this whole fit in front of all of the clients, for cheesecake.
Speaker 1: I I deserve quote, I deserve cheesecake.
Speaker 5: Who says this instead of we were having dessert, you were getting dessert already.
Speaker 1: And also it's like, just go to the client thing. It's not even about you. They've orchestrated, they paid for it a certain way. And even if you ask politely, is there any chance that I could switch from the canoli to the cheesecake. I would even understand that politely off to the side, But I deserve cheesecakes. Oh oh, are you allergic to uli? Yeah?
Speaker 3: My health restrictions that you know. They didn't ask me if I had any food allergies. The allergy canoli? Oh just straight out Oh yeah, got it. I am allergic to canoli. And so when I saw the set menu, I got to it had appetizers like tomatoes, with some cheese on there, some meatballs. Then you got to choose between salmon, uh six ounce file at and a chicken palm option. Yeah, I went with a six ounce fil a and then the sides were garlicking, mashed potatoes and asparagus ate. Those no problem. Then I got down to the bottom and it said dessert. There's no option. It was just cannoli.
Speaker 1: Well, there was the the option.
Speaker 3: No no, I mean we could choose super solad. We had a choice of more options all the way down. No, no, there was great option option. But then when we get to the end, there's no option. All of a sudden, it's like, hey, there's a dead end.
Speaker 1: You get mad right now. We already lived it.
Speaker 3: You can only get one.
Speaker 1: No need to get mad again.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no one asked me if I'm allergic to canoli, and so nobody's allergic to canol?
Speaker 1: Straight up? What part the can logic to the shell part the shell? Yeah, classic shell allergy. You've heard of it, right, I mean it's very serious.
Speaker 3: I didn't have an I didn't have an EpiPen with me, So if I I could have got you know, very sick, would had to miss the show. Would have miss post belone everything. But luckily for me, when the waitress came over to take my orders, she's like, oh, what are you gonna have? And I was like, I'll take boom, give me the salad, boom, give me the file at medium rare, I said. And then when we get down here she goes, I said, I'll take the chiefecake. She goes, that's not the option. I said, Well, I deserve a chiefescake, I me, or I'm gonna get the juicecare Why did you deserve the cheesecake? Because if I'm out to a nice dinner and they got nice cheesecake, cheesecakes what I love.
Speaker 1: But that's different. Then you love cheesecake and a place that makes good cheesecake. Why did you deserve cheesecake?
Speaker 3: Because I am there as the talent, and so I deserve what I want to pick. I deserve cheesecake. I earned that cheesecake. Was he telling the server of this or the like somebody in charge with the company, the server.
Speaker 6: And in front of all the clients, So he's like sitting at there.
Speaker 1: What does the clients think about it?
Speaker 5: I think everybody laughs at him because they can't tell be serious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I see this.
Speaker 3: Happy like, oh no, he's for real, and so she was like okay. And then when the dessert came out, this dude is the one that brought it out, and he said, two canoli's in front of me. I said, man molded over to the person allergic molted to the left, and he puts another one down handed to the person my right, and he goes, do you not want canola?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: I said, I'm allergy. Man, I got cheesecake coming. He goes, okay, he walked away, and then about a minute later he came by cheesecake. Dam I'm right there. It was really good, man, really good. I mean those people had like two bites and their canoli was gone. Me I was just sitting there just eating that. I was like, man, you guys are done.
Speaker 1: Did lunchbox deserve deserve? Should he have just said that he does? I have no problem going, hey, would you mind? I'm not big canola?
Speaker 3: No allergic, not a big guy.
Speaker 1: You're not allergic?
Speaker 3: A lie? I think what you get to get what you want? Sometimes it's a lie. Okay? Uh?
Speaker 1: And how how did the client dinner go? In general?
Speaker 4: Besides?
Speaker 6: That was fine? But he Lunchwarks is so loud it takes up the whole room.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're definitely the fun table.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you you're just allowed table.
Speaker 3: We kept going bye like cheers, and everybody's looking at me like they think they're we're at the fun table. We just do it, just make everybody else mad.
Speaker 4: Like work, do you organize it? Hey, guys?
Speaker 3: But one of one of the clients did. The lady that works at Nissan. She's like, oh, here, let's do this. And because she did it awkward, she was like, hey, because I like being at the fun table. I was like, well, this is the fun table.
Speaker 2: And then you did the rest, like the salesforceon that works for Nissan or the Nissan person, because right now I'm picturing he's acting as though some executive at Nissan is like, hey.
Speaker 1: Guys, we got we got to go spend more money, We got to get to go to Nissan to lunchmarks and media guy is fine.
Speaker 3: I didn't talk to her about that, but uh, she's been working there for about seven years and her husband sells plastic parts for cars, and they moved here from Ohio and they were I mean, they were loving it.
Speaker 1: You They just let you they thought I was, let's close the deal then, because so far he hasn't closed a deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't close the deal.
Speaker 1: Didn't close, Morgan, thanks for the intel.
Speaker 3: But let me tell you, Chiefcake said good my stomach all night?
Speaker 1: Who says that? I don't know? Who says something sex good in their stomach all night? When bragging you back? Who says that? Who says I deserve I deserve.
Speaker 4: A cheesecake and then doesn't know how to explain why he deserves it?
Speaker 1: Then doesn't really maybe know what deserve means? You know what?
Speaker 3: I deserve a break. Let's go to commercial.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, hey, he deserves a break.
Speaker 3: I've been talking a long time in this segment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bunch of buck tell me which story drives you the craziest, because they got two. Story number one, A Virginia woman who accidentally hit the wrong button on a lottery vending machine ended up winning one million dollars thanks to her mistake, which she did not meet to hit the button, But then she got the ticket for the drawing, trying to get a different ticket, trying to get the mega million ticket. But it's like get the powerball ticket and the power ball hit and she had the first five numbers without power Ball one million dollars. So that's from.
Speaker 3: UPI wow, that's pretty annoying.
Speaker 1: But where do you rate that on the annoying scale of one to ten?
Speaker 3: Seven?
Speaker 1: Okay, Next up, A Rhode Island man said a gift of a scratch off ticket.
Speaker 3: Led to a four million dollar winner gifts.
Speaker 1: Oh that's awesome. He was having breakfast and this older man gave him this Bonus Bucks scratch off ticket. Older what up?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I thought it was his dad.
Speaker 1: He was eating with his dad. Okay, he was eating with his dad and an older man came up and gave him the ticket. Gave him the ticket, not the dad. Well, I don't know that. There's a fight over that. Dead may be old.
Speaker 4: They got to split it, right.
Speaker 1: He scratched the ticket a day later and it was a four million dollar winner. Oh my goodness. The person that gave him the ticket, the older man. Apparently it was in like a white robe and had a beard and long hair. Really yeah, lived a lot of sandals and he said he had some carpentry work to be done later. It makes sense, and they can't find him. That checks out Lunchbox, which one drives you craziest.
Speaker 3: Man that that lottery won about give him the gift is pretty I mean because if you're the one that gave him the lottery ticket, Oh, you'd want to, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think you would. I think the guy doesn't carry gave him the ticket. I think it's mostly are you irritated that nobody gives you a ticket or nobody does things to help you win millions, or that she pushed the wrong button and that's how she won and you've done a lot of wrong things and you never won crap.
Speaker 3: You're right. I've done a lot of wrong things in my life and it has never turned out into a million dollar win.
Speaker 1: Maybe she's done a lot of right things in her life. No, which made her hit the button like karma got her in a good way. Not a big karma guy, not a big believer in karma. But still doesn't mean it's not true. Just because I don't believe it doesn't mean it's not true. Which one drives you craziest, Probably the accidental button because you're just sitting there and you happen to get someone give you a lottery ticket. It would if I'm the one that gave the lottery ticket away, then you wouldn't though, No, I would never get you would never do that, they'd never give. I give away fake lottery tickets to people.
Speaker 3: That's what I do.
Speaker 1: And they don't know. They scratch it and they think they're wone hundred thousand bucks and they read the rules on the back and it says, I'll.
Speaker 3: Only value in your dreams, cash it your mama's house. Yeah, hey, this ticket expires thirty seconds after you scratch it. Things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm surprised there hasn't been fistfights at lunchboxes Christmases whenever these tickets were given away.
Speaker 3: I mean, the best one ever, I mean at my family and doing it to other people's great. But I did it.
Speaker 1: In college.
Speaker 3: I did a a presentation on the lottery and I handed out lottery tickets quote unquote, and one dude scratched it and he thought he won two hundred and fifty thousand dollars. And my professor was like seventy five hearing aids. I thought he's gonna have a heart attack. You're going crazy, the kid of the professor. The professor was going crazy, but the kid was going he was like dude, I'm taking the rest of the day off. I'm not going to my classes.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. At school, he was like he withdraws from from college altogether.
Speaker 3: He's like, I can pay off my student loans. This is going to be amazing. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And did you tell him right away or did you let him.
Speaker 3: Just I let him basket and basket it. And then when he was walking out of class, I was like, hey, man, you might want to look at the back of that ticket.
Speaker 1: Oh did you say it out loud where everybody else knew? And then everybody laughed at him.
Speaker 3: No, we waited until you know, it was on a Monday. So then on Wednesday he came back to class and time to tell everybody.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, he knew.
Speaker 7: He didn't tell him on Wednesday, he knew that he shows up to the lottery office get arrested. Oh no, hey, question for you guys though, so like if you would have been gifted that ticket by the old man and they said that they scratched it later old man wasn't even around anymore. Do you try to find the old man to give him?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Probably yeah, like so okay, but or like he could be gone, like you can never see him again. I would definitely try to find out. I would be like, anybody seen the old man? Nobody answer okay unlessen I put through effort, and I would get on social media and I'd be like, anybody's seen an old person? No okay? Or if they say yes, that's not him, all right, moving on? No. I think so I probably asked a couple questions. I would hope somebody would know him.
Speaker 4: Make a flyer.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't go that far. That's too much. See. I would do a little effort and then I tried. I'd ask a few people, like, hey, the old guy that was here, I'd go to the restaurant, do you know who that was? That kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I do not think that stealing is good. I want to say that ahead of time. Stealing not good. Everybody with me? Yep, Stealing something that's not yours. Two of the worst things. A liar and a thief. When people say not the worst a liar thief, well, they forgot about murders and rapists, so I don't agree with that one. Those are pretty bad. There's a worse actually, but a liar and a thief don't like them. So I'm just saying that up front. However, sometimes people do stuff in order to scam or scheme. Then I'm like, that's next level, like the thinking, that's hilarious and I'm surprised you got caught. So this is from the New York Post. Porch pirates are a terrible, terrible version of a person. They drive around Amazon whatever, FedEx who never drops package off. They see it, it's vulnerable, they take it out, they go. However, this porch pirate, looh crafty. He would disguise himself as a garbage bag, like a bag of trash, and he would just move slowly to the package. First of all, you could on the camera all you saw was the garage bag. Even if the garbage bags moving, you can't identify who the garbage bag is. And if you see it in human form, he would just be there and slowly move.
Speaker 3: So slow.
Speaker 1: That you wouldn't think the garbage bag just moves.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, okay, I just hold it up. That's impressive.
Speaker 1: Video shows an unidentified person walking up to one of the homes with a trash bag. The only thing you can kind of see slightly to the slippers at the bottom. You really gotta look. It looks like a bag of trash on the porch. Wow, I've never seen that. That's hilarious. Don't steal, but you got to give credit where little credits do there. I love some ingenuity, but I don't love stealing. Speaking of that, a University of Iowa hospital employee us to fake identity for thirty five years. Do you think after I don't know, three four years, you just start to feel like you're that person. You have to remind yourself you're actually not them. It's like, sometimes I know my real last name is not Bones, but I've been that for so long, not even thirty five years, that I don't have to go like, your name's not Bones, but it just feels so normal. Sometimes like, hey, how's it going? What's your name? I have to have that moment of which vert what, oh, yeah it was the Movie's my real name here? That's crazy? Yeah, Bonas, just because it's been so but this guy was stealing it. A former University of Iowa hospital employee pleaded guilty Monday to federal charges he'd been living under another man's identity since nineteen eighty eight, causing the other man to be falsely imprisoned for identity theft and also sent to a mental hospital. The real person, what how does That's just terrible? His name is Matthew fifty eight, convicted of one kind of false statement to a national credit union administration. You getting convicted him line to a credit card place. I know you can do that. I thought maybe they'd move you up. You get in trouble if you lie above that. But yeah, he worked as a systems architect in the IT department, which is basically building the computer system, right, and he did that from the real guy was working there, the real as hard as the guy, the fin out, the fate guy. Yeah, the real guy was there working in the as the architect for the system. But then they terminated him for misconduct. The whole thing got weird. They thought the guy was crazy, the one who was the real one. He ends up having to go to a mental hospital.
Speaker 2: You don't have anybody in your life that can back you up to.
Speaker 1: Verify you are who you are. That bad guy, the fake one was called him fake and real. Okay, Yeah, the fake one used the real one's identity in every aspect of his life, including obtaining employment, insurance, official documents, paying taxes. The guy haven't paid taxes. Usually dishonest people stayed dishonest. But he was so thoroughly paid the taxes. What if he donated charity. Then you start to go, I wonder if he was the better version, But no, that's terrible. In twenty nineteen, the real one was homeless living in la He went to a branch of the bank and said, Hey, this person who's been me and I've said to me now they have a lot of debt, and they're like, you're crazy. And because he was homeless and supposedly some of the mental hospital. Oh man from the gazette that story, that's.
Speaker 3: Like a movie.
Speaker 1: That should be a movie. One percent, Well, never gonna get it is a game we play on the show and it's the biggest prize they ever given away. For it. You can win a trip to our iHeart Country Festival in Austin, Texas. It's a trip. It's you and a guest will fly you there, hotel, tickets to the show. All you have to do is go to Bobbybones dot com. Just go you'll see it. Inter get rules. The last day to enter at sunday iHeart Country Fest is May fourth, in Austin, Texas. That's coming up. A lot of great artists, Jelly Roll, Old Dominion, Lady A Brothers, Osbourne. I could go on and on. I'm hosting the show. But we play the game never never going to get it.
Speaker 3: You're never, never.
Speaker 1: Never going to get it. Not this time, you're gonna get it.
Speaker 3: If you want to play, we have to do it.
Speaker 1: The reason we have to do it where you go to the website is because we have to give everybody in every time zone an equal opportunity to go sign up, and then we randomly pick people to play. Would love for you. It's a massive trip. We can't wait to see you, meet you. If you win, I thank you and that's all Bone show.
Speaker 3: Sorry up today. This story goes on from Nightdale, North Carolina. Bo Jingles is a chicken restaurant and they were unveiling their new sign. They've been doing some remodeling. They drop it bo Jingles and it's supposed to be spelled b o j A n g l e s. They spelled it on the big red sign.
Speaker 1: B o j g n l e S. Then b o j boj g bo j gangle right, that's you right, So I had to see them. Mapy that you're right. Oh, bo Jangles is real good though, so good, dude's so good. We went to South Carolina for to hang out the football program and every left at the boat. Yeah, every direction is take left to the bow Jangles, taken right of the boat Jangles, So makes shut out Columbia. That's what I think about. Now bo Jangles is going to hang out with their their football team and their head coach. And every direction was okay, So you can take it right of the Boujngles and when you get to the next bow Jngles, take a left and it's right there by the bow Jngles by the stadium. Nice job, I'm lunch box.
Speaker 3: That's your bonehead story of the day.
Speaker 1: So if you're turbulence on a Southwest Airlines flight left two people injured. See, that's why you should keep your seabuilt on at all times. Yes, that's why I do not well. Also, what kind of want to impress the flight attendant if he or she walks by and I'm like, that's a good Like, that's a guy right there that if we crash, I'm gonna work to save him first. But the flight was headed from New Orleans to Orlando. They had to divert it to Tampa and the captain had to go Winni paramedics whenever we land, passenger and flight attendant had to go right to the hospital. When it landed, they hit turbulence. It was so bad. I've asked, because I hate flying. I don't understand it. It's just the metals too heavy. What's that metal doing up there? That's too heavy? Why is it up there? It's heavy? I don't have some falling out of this guy. Not for me to know. Right. However, I've said turbulence, like, I know you avoid it, but how is it like a out in front you have sort of like long nose sensor. And they're like, no, there's so many people flying for the most part that they can tell you where the bad turbulence is because other planes have gone through. There's also weather. You see patterns on the screen.
Speaker 7: So the sky has like pockets that they know that's that's where the shaky part is.
Speaker 1: I was told by pilots, including Amy's exer, yes, that a lot of times if pilots go through turbulence, they'll report back like don't do I'm at this and this hit. We did, we ran through this. And then also there's a weather map that kind of shows your greens and yellows and they use that as well, And that's probably not the most official way, but that's how I think about it. What do you know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that my husband ex my exer was never really scared of it. I mean, I think you want to try to avoid it if you can, if it's really bad. But he's he's always like, look when you're when you're driving in a car and you go over some speed bumps or whatnot, or you hit a pothole.
Speaker 4: I mean, occasionally something had happen, but.
Speaker 1: Because I had a pothole, get a flat.
Speaker 4: Not always though people hit a pot in there.
Speaker 1: I got you, But I don't mean get a flight every time. If I get a flat once from pot hole, I'm like, oh, that stinks. I didn't just fall twenty thousand feet to my death. Though, yeah, that's what I say. When I hit a podcast, I'm like, wow, but at least that didn't fall twenty thousand feet to my death every time from an air poth hole.
Speaker 2: You would under say, I get why you're uncomfortable, but we were They're not scared when they're going through it.
Speaker 1: I would compare it to if you had an uber driver who is doing a high speed chase and like an expert uber driver, or let's say a race car driver driving through city doing high speed chase, and you're like, well, they're an expert, they know what they're doing. It's still a high speed chase and any moment you feel like you could die. Yeah, it's not a good analogy like in real life. That's just what it feels like. Like there's an expert race car driver up there, We're going through turbulence aka a high speed chase, and I'm just trust and they don't know what they're doing. Yeah, but that metal is too heavy. One day, I just think gravity is like going to change and we come down. Oh oh well, let's hope that day doesn't come.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of planes in the sky.
Speaker 1: Doesn't given moment, it just doesn't make sense to me. But yeah, Southwest flight turbulence is real.
Speaker 8: Bad fly.
Speaker 1: You guys took we've talked about it before, into Austin and the turbulence hit so hard that everything that was on your trays slammed into the top of the fly.
Speaker 7: It just started as kind of like a bumpy ride. You know, everyone's kind of just bumping, bumping, bumping. We were all talking still, We all had drinks. You know, some people have their laptops on the on their trade tables and then all of a sudden, whoa boom and lunch box.
Speaker 1: Me, lunchbox and Ray.
Speaker 7: We're sitting all right next to each other and everyone's drinks. That's laptops hit the top of the plane.
Speaker 1: I've never seen anything. What if you're on the toilet, like, oh, you would have broken neck, you would have Yeah, what if it's like, oh, man, I've been holding this, but my guys to get that that douce on And so you're in and you're getting a good point and you're sitting there because there's not a seat belt on it, and if there was, I never put it on a be grooves because have that on at the time. But we boom, you fly out.
Speaker 3: And I mean the worst part was Ray like ten seconds before that goes, oh, we're all going down. The plane's going down. He's yelling it out loud on the plane, being funny, right, been drinking, boom.
Speaker 1: The water's wet. There was the round water's wet. Ray had been drinking on a plane. Was it over after that one big hit? Yeah, that was it. I would much rather have a big hit of turbulence that's over quicker, because then you're just retroactively feeling more than instead of an eight, I do they have an eight, and it'd be over quickly than a five. For twenty minutes.
Speaker 7: It was just funny because we were just kind of laughing with the bump. It's called normal, like it's just bumping. It's a bumpy ride, no big deal. But when it hit everyone, I mean, girls started screaming.
Speaker 1: Any people started yelling, belted or did they say, anybody, put you seatbelt on. We're going through turbulence.
Speaker 7: They said put your seat belt on, because what if you saw somebody do that. So as soon as everything settled down, we were all just like, can we have another drink? Like my beers five rows down or whatever?
Speaker 3: And she went back and took a posture beer back the.
Speaker 7: Flight time, took a picture and all their drinks were just all over where the floor we had showed.
Speaker 1: I had a show once in Mississippi and Amy's husband flew us down ex husband And it's not as weird when I missed. It's only when you do it. But Amy's X husband flew us down in his small plane and we hit turbulence really hard. All play different because you feel it more. We had turbulence so hard where it felt like the back of the plane went all the way under the tip. It wasn't like that, but it felt like it went all the way, like you're shooting straight up in the air. And we got back to normal and he looked back at us and he went, that was awesome. Yeah, he loved it. We were like, we didn't think so. We're like, dude, we're not cargo back, you know. We we we we didn't look fun. We didn't think it was awesome. We're done by everybody show