Speaker 1: That's bullshit. Well time out. No, no, let's just touch that. Lets you think we stole your guys idea like to think your alumni? How about your alumni of question?
Speaker 2: That was always like the standoff. Now this is what we're doing with.
Speaker 3: I'll be saying, I look, are you saying heat lights in there at the thousand degrees?
Speaker 1: I don't want to That's what we.
Speaker 4: Stop talking.
Speaker 1: You have to stop talking. You have to stop off on.
Speaker 3: Board today you masses your fucking helmet colors.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm glad you asked Dave, let's get a little journey of science.
Speaker 1: Maybe you give us more money. Are you faithful to the boys? So you guys, Yeah, faithful.
Speaker 5: How guy gets on the bus right now, puts a gun to Will's head and says, you got to suck.
Speaker 3: As fast as I've ever seen anyone move. So they can't take more business. They're not even open on the weekends. Probably the kill her. So whatever, I already have this place written.
Speaker 1: Now. He text me like, you're not allowed to go to Joe's.
Speaker 4: Me.
Speaker 1: I say that you said that.
Speaker 4: I said, hey, I said, hey, I'm letting I'm letting you know that Joey's texted me.
Speaker 1: Or M, yes, I just like oversteps you do? In what way?
Speaker 4: What are we talking about? I recommended Joey's on Instagram. They messaged me, Hey, we're so thankful you did this. We would like to respectfully decline because we do not want to spot but you can't. You Yeah, walking down the street, we declined. Dave Cummins like, what do you mean?
Speaker 5: It's like it's like guy walking on the sh and he going, hey, where are you going? I'm just gonna go I'm gonna go over here.
Speaker 1: Since I since I saw, since I.
Speaker 3: Was a movie being like, we declined to be reviewed. You don't have that choice. Since I saw the message.
Speaker 4: Since I saw the message and they know I saw it, I didn't want to not at least relay the message. So they said that you don't get he goes, he goes, They don't get the cheers. I hearted it and he went to Joey's.
Speaker 1: But I was gonna send it in Spider, so they didn't recognize me. Who's Spider there? I don't know how you guys haven't met Spider? What's up? Spider?
Speaker 3: I was the boss, he holds our whole office. I don't know how you guys have met, Well, we we.
Speaker 1: Do kind of just stay down here, don't. Well, we've only been won to office, you've been in super Bowl. Things went well, things went. I'm here. Yeah, the biggest favor I've done. I would say, you're probably right.
Speaker 3: No, I was no, absolutely zero effort to make sure, like, hey, how are you getting from?
Speaker 1: Like that's that's bullshit. Well time out.
Speaker 5: No, no, let's touch that. Let's just touch that right there. No, no, no, no, he met, He goes the just siment. Penny goes, this is my new favorite game, lasting athletes what they make. And then I asked you us what we made, and we said what we made? And he goes, maybe more than that. So when you're gonna come down and.
Speaker 1: See us game? But hang on, hang on, hang on, hang on.
Speaker 4: I'm saying bullshit on that because my man wouldn't respond. A couple of times, I'm like, hey, so what's the deal with Nashville? Are you coming right? Well, then I gotta tell Youville, I gotta I gotta text a sidekick, Gash And then Gas is really guys like I'm sitting next to him, Dave knows I've texted him.
Speaker 1: Sure and I'm having to text with Gas.
Speaker 3: Well you you getting in gazes. Ear does nothing. He's he's Gas basically his air to me, like what.
Speaker 1: Is he's necessary to live? No, No, I'm not. I'm sad like that. I've been with him so long.
Speaker 3: He says something, it doesn't even It's like I don't even hear it, begin to hear it.
Speaker 1: So he's really employed because he was employed one.
Speaker 3: He does his ship, yeah, and going up the ranks. He's definitely does this thing with social media. But like, I don't if Gas comes up with, like here's the thing, I'm at the point where I don't need to be like dealing with every little thing, and he comes up with every little thing, It's like I don't care that Nate is fucking barking at this guy, like you figured out Paul, So I just tune him out.
Speaker 1: That's fair. Well, Gaz told me that you're you landed ten leave it five. I got it. Yep, Yeah that's true, yep, yep, he said yeah, oh yep.
Speaker 4: He ends up yeah, yeah, we're still on for Nashville. And then he ends up saying, yes.
Speaker 3: I'm always from here. I didn't know if Paul was coming that's what's by Paul's like, said, Paul said, you guys wanted him to come.
Speaker 1: I would have gone on a hockey game if well, if I knew you were, if I wanted you said earlier, you said you're supposed to come for the weekend.
Speaker 4: You're like, I might go to the weekend and thinking about it, Yeah, you said, I was thinking.
Speaker 3: So I feel like that's the fact I was thinking about it.
Speaker 1: Something the Prosser mind was Taylor had a house party over the weekend.
Speaker 5: It came to that, well, I did you tweeted the thing like, oh, thanks for the invite, and.
Speaker 1: I tweeted the hockey game, having the time a lot.
Speaker 5: I had a great time. I consume zero ounces of that year, right, I tweetedly? Maybe did No, I didn't consume anything unless it's soaked in my skin.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: And it was like, yes, I know every where.
Speaker 5: Their daughter next you definitely well when you well, I'm glad you asked Dave. Let's tay get a little journey of science. Okay, so when you drank beer, there's gluten in it, inflammation, inflammation during injury causes uh what's that on it? And drinking for that reason and that reason alone.
Speaker 1: Smart.
Speaker 5: But I gave the people what they wanted, and you gotta drive home the tale of two tails, right, yeah, the tail the side of two men.
Speaker 1: We saw I saw that tweet. Yeah, duality, I believe it. Reality of men.
Speaker 5: Do you run the main barcel account? No, he didn't do that kind of question. That was just I'm sorry. If you want to leave right now, I have to sell.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you need the boy to be on your side.
Speaker 4: And anytime we get around some status, it's always it's always.
Speaker 1: The other two versus.
Speaker 2: And now we're in the always like the standoff.
Speaker 1: Now this is what we're doing.
Speaker 2: Well, we should have done that, but he was ready to.
Speaker 1: You're like, I'm queer and I'm over here.
Speaker 2: First second, is you go?
Speaker 1: Of course he doesn't.
Speaker 3: It's like obviously, like pay the electricity bill. If Rabel sits on here, it's another way for.
Speaker 1: A damn thing under that body outstanding?
Speaker 3: Did you feel you feel like there was heavy pressure on you because you have the number two like Linemen to do this stunt in like ten minutes, Like the Islanders game, the guy with the mullet at the city, he does the same exact thing, like hang on please go back.
Speaker 1: I want to take you on.
Speaker 5: I'll just take you on a little bit. You know the Islanders guy did it right before you. Yeah, no, and that's awesome. You know how he got that idea, You know how all these guys got that idea. Twenty eighteen is when they got that idea. And this was even the first one. The first one was all of us holding catfish, chugging a beer that was outstanding. It was it was a beautiful thing. Then David Baktiari came out. He was at the Milwaukee game, him and Aaron Rodgers at the back and forth, and then he did consume it. He did a great job of that. And then what was it? Baker Mayfield did it at a Indians game, Thank you very much, And so it's kind of spiraled from there. But this is I would say, this is the first I am I'm the barstool of chugging the beer as a professional athlete at a sporting event. I mean, I'd go as far to say that right.
Speaker 4: Now, Yeah, I mean chugging beer. Probably didn't like come to bed chugging beer.
Speaker 3: If he was still with us. We had actually a segment where we would he get challenged at the end of every show to be really yeah, at the end of every show. Yeah, it was a show. Yeah, well it was our Calls game Day show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it wasn't a sporting event. That's a show.
Speaker 3: Well we were out a football game.
Speaker 1: Was in the stadium?
Speaker 6: No, we're at a Well I think that's kind of just did it right. We're in the stadium. If you're in the parking lot, is that at the stadium?
Speaker 1: I feel like if you're bringing energy to the game, like like.
Speaker 3: Tailgate, that's part of the Like at Foxboro Patriot, that is part of that property, Like you're in the stadium.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Do they own the houses that are also in that neighborhood?
Speaker 3: No, lot of that. The Patriots own the mall. There's like a mall right there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I believe, but you're basically when you drive through the neighborhood to get to that stadium, it's yeah, yeah, they don't own You've played there, haven't you where Patriots?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll tell you what that was when Tom Brady. That was the game where Tom points you out and says fifty one. And that was like one of my first few starts were you're just that Brady. You guys beat us, You beat us in the playoffs?
Speaker 1: Is it us still with like? No? No, no, when I redkins, he's the Redskins.
Speaker 3: I don't say that word anymore.
Speaker 5: So you you grew up aft last twenty years. Yeah, Tom Brady has been that French christ. Right, you've become good friends with Tom. Tom god is strong, but well until you're at the until he yes, okay, then until he's at the derby with him.
Speaker 1: I would say I've been at derby with him on his plane and stuff.
Speaker 3: No, I don't get that. That would be very good friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that could stream.
Speaker 3: No, he actually doesn't have his own he's a wheels up guy.
Speaker 1: Is he a wheels up guy? I think I did see he's a wheels gap. Do you do wheels up?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: They don't. They never offered me. How did you get a commercial?
Speaker 1: Fuck?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I uh, we we get our on plane, but it's we do it like a like like brokers, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Brokers you have against each other.
Speaker 3: No, I have one guy I trust on my because I fly private all. That's the only thing literally that I could never go back to. I don't get money nothing flying private.
Speaker 5: That's it can never go back to as soon as you rather die than go back a commercial. I gotta get out of Southwest flight with him on Thursday, and I'm just dreading every single say at least you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess, thank you. I'm I got the.
Speaker 3: Only thing that I do. Everything else I could care less, but going through security. And I'm one of those guys that go through I never had t s A because I get so mad at myself in a minute, and then when I'm through it, I'm like, ah, that wasn't that bad.
Speaker 1: But then I get mad, like.
Speaker 5: I go to that cycle every time I go into security, like I gotta do this, yeah.
Speaker 3: And then when you through security, I got forget it.
Speaker 5: I want to pass you. So Tom goes to Tampa Bay. Now is your allegiance spread away from the Patriots at all?
Speaker 3: Or you still do Patris played the box. I want the Patriots to be eaten by one hundred happening this year, right, they are a regular season game.
Speaker 5: That game is gonna be tough for the Pats. It's gonna be a tough one. Means well, yeah, but they were the Super Bowl champs three years ago.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, who was an MVP.
Speaker 5: But I'm saying Tom is Tom, and you got Antonio Brown.
Speaker 3: One of the great. Like you know, welcome backs is no ill will towards. I won't be in there to welcome them back. We will, No, I don't think so you won't be in there doing no no chance? No chance? Yeah, six super Bowls?
Speaker 1: How can?
Speaker 3: I mean?
Speaker 1: Tom's outstanding, and I.
Speaker 3: Think there is a degree that most people believe it. If you know, it was kind of like a power struggle with Belichick and him, and I have no problem. I think that once the Garoppolo thing happened the way I think it, and I have no like concrete, but I'm pretty sure Belichick wanted to trade I think Brady or keep Garoppolo, and Craft stepped in, Yeah, and we're gonna keep.
Speaker 1: We're gonna keep Brady. And then the Bowl.
Speaker 3: But that was the rupture. I think from that point on, Brady's like once I'm done, I'm gone. And I don't blame him. I feel like that happens too with all those big dynasties.
Speaker 4: I mean, like the cowboys in the night, people like figuring out, Okay, who's who's really honestly, who's really this who's really the face of this and people get pissed off.
Speaker 3: And quarterbacks eight Man not being one of them, but Montana played for a different team, Far for a different team. Yeah, So, I mean it happens all the time.
Speaker 5: Far did it the weirdest of everybody though, kept just jumping in, yeah, jumping and out and then all this stuff.
Speaker 4: He's really trying to jump in, like with all of his uh his hot Takes podcast.
Speaker 5: Now that's another thing I will thank you for is when we went to the Super Bowl down in Miami, we were on your show and you said we're the first, that we're the first player driven podcast, and he said by the year's end, there will be at least three more, and I think it was exactly three more.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure how many in the NFL. In the NFL, there's a couple more in the NFL. I mean Patrick Peterson has one him and uh, Patrick.
Speaker 1: Peterson, when did they get one before us? After reason after? Yeah, we're the first. We're the first in the space, acting without a doubt.
Speaker 3: And you guys have a dynamic that gives you sort of an advantage. Well, I shouldn't say that. I don't want to skim across as.
Speaker 5: It depends on what like what do you mean by sort of an advantage of what kind of dynamic we're talking about, Like our chemistry as friends.
Speaker 3: There's a couple of things that get going on. First you guys, you do that in solidarity or like you have a.
Speaker 1: Bet he's looking for he's looking out for me. He hears about some much.
Speaker 3: So the the dynamic obviously works yours player. That my concern always a player podcast, if you're still in the league, you gotta sometimes worry what you say because you can fine team whatever you're in and out. That is where the part where it could be insulting. This is not meant to be. But you're very fin you're very focused on the podcast. So you need the dynamic, and you need somebody who's on the podcast who's very focused on the podcast or has no chance. And it's hard because again, who wouldn't want a player who just slings it in the league, but it doesn't matter a sport.
Speaker 1: It's hard to do that.
Speaker 5: If there was two tailors on this podcast, this would be a dud. It wouldn't work because Will well, yeah, the day from day one has been grinding this thing. Out has been crushing it, right, I agree with that, and it it'd be unfair for me to my job that I have to go and only focus on the podcast because then I get fired from my other job and it makes this less important.
Speaker 1: Like well, yeah, but that's positive because perfect say, like which one you know? It's nice? Yeah? Thanks you really nice. Appreciate that.
Speaker 3: I like to hold the HND there, like, who's the guy who just went knots on the NFL? The wide receiver he was screaming at somebody the other day.
Speaker 1: Someone screaming at wide receiver?
Speaker 3: No, you a formal wide receiver he was on inside the NFL played for the Brandon Marshall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, I am athletely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was always outspoken, but he's not doing that if he's in the like playing the league.
Speaker 1: I don't think like going crazy like that.
Speaker 5: He I don't know what his dealers. I think he came out as bipolar.
Speaker 4: It's borderline personality. What it's borderline personality? What does that mean? Helin there? Yeah, I think he can get I'm not exactly sure, but my ignorance is saying that he can.
Speaker 1: Get triggered easily, Like he can get swayed. He can have ups and downs a lot.
Speaker 5: So he's like the half of America.
Speaker 1: I mean I think it's a little farther than that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I'm not trying to be insensitive. Also, that was an insensitive joke. But I mean, what is it. I don't know what that means. It's like getting triggered too fast. I get triggered pretty easily.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 3: That's like adderall true, like a d D.
Speaker 1: I know he's a big mental health advocate because he goes to therapy.
Speaker 3: He's whole office is a bunch of mental health advocates.
Speaker 1: Is great. Oh yeah, you guys got a lot going on, especially over the past year to what was going on.
Speaker 4: I don't know, people coming in and out about all the hell stuff what like like like like like Kirk mi Inhan, I don't know, he's a crazy person. I don't I don't know him at all. I know I know when he got on boarded, Yeah, sh he's a legit and saying asylum. He's that he's a walking and saying asylum like he'll he'll go off to you, I'll have to check himself into Like that's.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying he'll he'll battle. He was last.
Speaker 3: Give him credit. You can be like, hey, Kirk, don't kill yourself and they'll laugh at it.
Speaker 1: But he met. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you say that joke, because you're everything.
Speaker 3: Who are these guys. That's a real part of the show.
Speaker 1: We're gonna handle it every now well right now that we used to be next to a railroad. That was our trophy. We went on the work. I like that.
Speaker 3: I like that adds to like the realness of it. You press the button someone something.
Speaker 5: We just wait till twelve minutes in this podcast, it's off.
Speaker 4: Kirk was like going at it back and forth. I want to say, either with you or Eric or something. Last year and then he was also big in the whole cancel culture thing and the next thing he's calling out going, he's going after everybody's throat. Sure, the next thing I know, he's fucking checked in, checked in. The rehab sounds about like Kirk super comes back. I love Kirk, by the way, Yeah, super talented, but he's a looney bin. I'm just saying, like, a you go that hard at people, like what you then all of a sudden. It's just you can't do it.
Speaker 3: No, you can go back at him. It really doesn't have anything to do with that. He just goes to a dark place at times that he openly is like I can't explain it, I haven't. This is even before he's with us, Like we knew that, we knew that hiring him, that he has real mental health issues.
Speaker 1: How long ago do you hire him? Two years ago? And it's been great, Like everyone's like he won't be able to like.
Speaker 3: Work anywhere long term. But well, you guys probably know we don't. All right, Kirk, you got you won't go go into you know, fig your shit out, go do it. You will be your here when you get back. You want to rip somebody, fine, you get ripped. But he's a unique guy, talented, but he's definitely got demons.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 3: He's an interesting cat, super talented and he can take it.
Speaker 1: I gotta see this. But to me, how can he take it?
Speaker 3: What pushes him into it isn't going back and forth. That's almost when he likes it, like he could be in a great you think he's a great space. Hasn't battled back and forth anybody? Oh, I'm having those thoughts. They're not correlated to you. Like he likes, he likes going back and forth. That's not what sends him over the edge. Who knows what it is. It's issues. I think he was born with got you, got you now his issues I always say, I'm more. I don't know, we just turned into Kirk Manahan hour. But this his issues are are definitely real and I can't as we just let him do his thing. He comes back, but when he comes back, he's healthy. You can bust his balls about be like, I don't want to say anything, Kirk. I don't want to send him back to that institution. And he'll laugh, he'll laugh about it, yeah, or a heillsale like I hope you die. But it's all in good.
Speaker 5: Fun until it's not, until it's not until it's like it's like ride that wave until it's not correct kind of what it is, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've never worried about saying anything to him. There's some people are our company. I'm like, oh, I just avoid It's like I don't know where their line is. Kirk has no line.
Speaker 1: So I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: It seems like you've kind of treated your entire business like that in a way like where you are, there's no line for you.
Speaker 1: You kind of just stand.
Speaker 3: If I think you have a line, I just stop dealing with you. Now, that's good. Our company has changed from when it was just me Paul Won, like our original Milton office, which grew from me and Paul to like fifteen people. That was probably very equivalent to a like sports team locker room. You could say anything. Yeah, you could scream as somebody. Nobody took anything personally. You could fucking you know, ream somebody out nobody's like you're worried about reporting you or it's just you know, anything went different times, bigger office. I don't know any everybody as well as I used to. So if I think you may be like insulted, I just don't deal with you. You stut, yeah, Like.
Speaker 5: Do you think it's because there's so many people now because of the time we're living in a Yeah.
Speaker 1: Both, I can understand that for sure.
Speaker 3: You know, I used to be like I it's hard to imagine. I don't know what two hundred and fifty people. I don't know all of our employees, all right. There's this story. I remember I was walking out to get a lunch and guy walked back. He was walking towards me. I was walking on the other way, and he was wearing a barstool hat, and I was like, thanks for the support. It turns out to work for us.
Speaker 1: He's stolen back for He went back to the office. He told me, He's like, hey, appreciate the support.
Speaker 3: He's like, bro, I'm in accounting. That's fucking awesome.
Speaker 4: If you had the growth that you've had with barstool, if you had the draft five people with barstools.
Speaker 3: Currently who are with us now or like that, we don't have time.
Speaker 1: Let's say let's say all the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, five people that you're like, I restart this whole thing over.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like a big cat clearly is would be there. Kevin's been huge for ourself. You know, I got really lucky because our early guys were phenomenally successful.
Speaker 1: It's weird.
Speaker 3: But Alex from Call Her Daddy is a fucking monster. People don't get how big she is. Twister ride for you guys, I mean yeah, I mean she's People don't get you, like she's as big as Brogan. She really is, Like everybody knows.
Speaker 5: She gets millions like that, Like Roal million influence like Rogan.
Speaker 3: Though, she can do a million dollars in March overnight if she wants to, if she wants to.
Speaker 4: Like she does a great job like with her fans too, like you click through his story and ship like she's she's on top of edy and she does.
Speaker 1: Like every job.
Speaker 3: College is like college. Every girl in like a sorority who goes to college knows who she is. I mean, it's insane. So she's obviously been good. The chick lits guys all right, So we got Alex Kevin Dan Yeah, I mean Dan Dan, no doubt. So there's three and we're just doing content here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't need an account and guy to like do everything just like who you want us personalities. We'll get all tho stuff in behind, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You know, obviously it's back and forth. McAfee was huge. He's not with us anymore. It would have been good. We could I don't know that we could have ever kept that together the right way.
Speaker 1: Why do you think to get together?
Speaker 3: Because McAfee like came to us and learned the ropes. He went to like school basically, but he had his own huge the only thing could have done differently with McAfee, which I don't know that you even want to do it this way has been like listen, anybody that we hire on your behalf, they work for us, they don't want for you, So if you split, you can't take them all. Because he basically when he left, he had already made business with a lot of guys that he probably weren't had if it wasn't for us, so that that made it very easy for him. But he didn't need us because he's already like a huge star, you know, And he came to us as a star, and then he learned the ropes and we took him to the next level. But it's really hard when you can do it, like what what do we bring it to the table? They want to do espan, he wants to do the wrestling. It gets hard. What where do you? How do you make it? So both already's are making money.
Speaker 1: He was ready.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like Alex at a certain degree at some point. But it is different when you come to us as a star, which he did just like the chick lits like Biz came to us as a stary of a million followers.
Speaker 1: When he came. Where was he at when he came to you guys? He was he just retired. He did his comedy tour. He had a comedy tour. He was all pro punter. He an all pro punter.
Speaker 5: Doesn't make you a superstar and it's no shot against Brett kurrn Ar punter.
Speaker 1: But he's an all pro guy. Well, no, he don't go off and make a show.
Speaker 3: Right, they're talented, but networks, they've evolved a tiny bit, but they're stupid. Like we I said to him, right, it was like, if you're retiring, really want to do it, you have a job here, like you you fit in personality wise. But I'm almost positive he applied to all the networks he got nowhere. They're like, no, fucking you got no experiences? Wild they don't.
Speaker 5: He should be doing commentating during NFL easily.
Speaker 1: They just don't.
Speaker 5: He does these uh low D one schools not to be distract into like a Toledo or something like that.
Speaker 1: But he doesn't at Toledo.
Speaker 3: He may slowly move it up, he may slowly, but but they they never that.
Speaker 1: They don't think.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's a lot of our success is due to the fact that networks is so old school. Like Bill Simmons, who I've had my differences with, but when I grew up in Boston, that's when he was just locally in Boston. He's the best writer I'd ever seen writ like he was just he was so much better than anything else. Could get a job at the local paper because he didn't have the right like the traditional way to go through it goes to ESPN explodes and he's fucking a superstar. But there's this old mentality that you have to come from a network, you have to have this degree, that degree, and we didn't care. It's like, oh this guy's funny. We don't care what you do. And we got talent nobody else would get. So that's helped us. So McAfee I would say, you know, biz and Ryan Whitney is awesome. But he made a lot of money playing hockey. So that's another thing that we run into. If somebody has a ton of money already, is this this is a grind?
Speaker 1: Like next, Yeah.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: It made a lot of money. It makes a big difference. It makes a big difference because you're because you're grinding to try to make.
Speaker 3: Like that of non stop like you have to be doing this non.
Speaker 5: Stop, and that's a lot of people don't realize right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys had a little uh yeah, so he he used to play. He made probably twenty thirty million in the NHL, and he's from my neck of the woods.
Speaker 1: So he and what are you doing there?
Speaker 3: Was that move they're arguing about? Uh, soccer. Yeah, he comes in. He's never watched a soccer game in his life. He came in suddenly pretend to be the biggest soccer game. Yeah, so he was giving a guy. Yeah, he was giving the soccer guy. So he's been a fan from day one. He used to say he we could thank him for the NHL support because he got cut every year and kept taking it a different walker rooms.
Speaker 5: Well, it seems like like barstool is one of the things that have like continually evolved and like when COVID hit, everyone goes, oh fuck, but instead it seemed like barstool just kept going and an outrageous for him and obviously Steam had you you start doing the unboxing, which is was ridiculous. It's an hour of You're like, why would I watch some unboxed presents?
Speaker 1: Five hours?
Speaker 5: And this ship was hilarious. It was awesome, the pizza reviews. It seems you're always going, where do you see these other networks? These traditional networks because ESPN a couple of years you had to lay off one hundred people. They're kind of like, you know, when you and I grew up, or you and I. You're like twice us, but like you when you and I grew up, ESPN was like the biggest thing that you turn on. You watch the top ten all that I'm twenty nine. How old are you when you graduated college?
Speaker 3: I was six twice twice I mean, I mean one point five.
Speaker 1: You're fifteen years old and twenty nine.
Speaker 3: That's there.
Speaker 1: We're different generations, we're different. Jenny's second, Yeah, you want to get this one. I'll head this one. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. Oh what we're doing. We're doing Chevy.
Speaker 5: I was brought to you by Chevy. Thank you, barstool. The strongest most advanced Silverado ever. Silverado is strong, advanced, dependable, and hard working and we're don it Why because the people that get in the vehicle, those guys are redundant because they go to work every single day and they work it out That's why these ads are also redundant. The design is big, it's bold, it's commanding. The truck turns heads. You get a kink in your neck when you do that, all right, when you're Dave's age and you hit the kink twice, Yes, that'll put your bedside for a while. One the boys, there's so many things you can do with it. Will would you like to take us off at what you can do in the Silverado?
Speaker 4: Tailgating hauling, whether you want to haul that new boat that would be towing, but a whole new big screen TV, couch to watch the game, tailgate equipment, whatever you need.
Speaker 1: The Chevy's got an off.
Speaker 4: Roading moving day and maybe you don't want to do moving day and you want to throw the keys to your mom and dad or your friend that want to go help with moving day road trips, all of it. The Chevy Silverado. Go to the closest dealership near you. Let them know that the.
Speaker 1: Boys sent you. Go experience the US of A in a Chevrolet. Oh that's beautiful episode. Did you make that up thing? No? I heard that one today. You know I'm a terrible reader. Keeping up on one of my masterclasses. Yeah, have you heard a master class?
Speaker 5: Have in a master class sounds like a video game thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was listening to this guy who does like persuasion.
Speaker 3: I don't trust anybody who listens to that ship though.
Speaker 1: That's all right, Well it looks like and persuasion and sales.
Speaker 4: He had this saying he was talking about all the like pitches and he was talking about Ryman like someone.
Speaker 3: Jingles, like someone's gonna give you a class on how to be like a sales expert. Like some somebody offered me one hundred grand to go speak at some like I don't know what it was an excellence conference where you go in and you tell everyone how it's like, I can't I like one hundred grand, but I can't do that good contest, Like what are you talking about? Like, well, I'm not going to impart some magic wisdom on somebody.
Speaker 1: No, we had the excellence that we had a resort in Mexico. I think excellence and master is that? How's that?
Speaker 3: That's how I view like I don't trust inspirational speakers.
Speaker 5: Well I heard that. Who's the guy with the baking hot take huge hand field the face Tony Robbins. The guy is a big, big pyramid.
Speaker 1: Cat.
Speaker 5: I heard he's a big pyramid and I was, and then they picked the.
Speaker 3: Good listening the books, get the bottom of the pyramid. I'm in the I'm all for it, but I don't trust there's nothing I don't know. I don't trust people, just you know, PEP.
Speaker 4: Talks and actually, have you really tried to hustle though? If you haven't, if you haven't failed in network marketing.
Speaker 3: No, but that's different. That's hustling.
Speaker 1: That's that's the pyramid stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah right right, that's like that old juice, like the Sai juice or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I know you're talking about it.
Speaker 4: You come home and be like, hey mom, Dad, we got to go to the closest hotel. It's on Thursday night. We're about to get fucking rich, right yeah, Like, Sun, take a seat, Like, let's talk about this. I'm like, listen, if.
Speaker 1: I just get Johnny and Tim and Sean, if they get him on.
Speaker 3: Board, the rich teams should be legal. You should just know you're in them. It's like then you just roll the dice.
Speaker 1: Get out.
Speaker 3: There's no different than gambling. Yeah, you know you're in it, get out when you get out. If you get held fucking holding your deck, then you're screwed.
Speaker 1: I'm not against that at all. So you wouldn't pyramid. You heard of your first you can gamble. I don't know enough about business to even get in this conversation. And then.
Speaker 3: Seeing the game, you were you like a old like prices, right, guy like a little bit older going up and you just got press it before he stops yodeling or he falls off. That's all it is.
Speaker 1: That's the move. What about it's illegal because.
Speaker 3: Somebody is gonna get caught holding the bag at the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so if I.
Speaker 4: Because an actual, an actual Pyramids game is just moving money, mailbox money.
Speaker 1: Frid So.
Speaker 3: Get younger, but it doesn't. But they need the product, right.
Speaker 1: Alex, were you remind us where we were talking about before, Tony Robbins, I was.
Speaker 4: A big in college, huge when I was transitioning from the the NFL. I remember that I was big. I was big in the I.
Speaker 5: Know, but listen math right, I was a general studies major. Yeah, forty four is quite different. You're forty four. Yes, you don't look bad for forty four.
Speaker 1: I'll give you that. I can't tell those back. Nope, I'm just saying you can you can see it a little bit in your skin. He's just tan. No, I know. I feel like that's that's what plays like.
Speaker 5: Jimmy Buffett, the beach vibe. Yeah, like, yeah, the guy's been outside a lot in his life. Sorry, no question. Yeah, I think that's awesome. I just Undertand those are the three options you have.
Speaker 3: Good, Well, you're saying, I look old?
Speaker 1: Are you saying?
Speaker 3: Look?
Speaker 1: If you guys, let me speak. If you're gonna do this, yes with you, I.
Speaker 2: Know, but you gotta stop talking.
Speaker 1: You have to stop talking. If you have to stop talking, I'm on your back pocket right now. I heard you speak. You look at my skin. If you look at you say, how old do you think he is? You're easily saying in your forties? Okay, yeah, I can say in this forties.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's not no compliment. Easily in my forties, I guess is what I'm at. Yeah, your mid forties. Let's not change for life what you're on part of what we would think you. I think most people guess below forty. No, who I don't think so? Oh well, fucking walk down street and ask people.
Speaker 1: I bet I win. I bet you would I bet? I would you bet?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 1: Do I look less than forty? If you just said that, people say how old is this?
Speaker 5: Well, the younger people are going to be nice because they're gonna say, well, this old man's.
Speaker 1: Like no, no, no, no, don't know. Young people aren't nice. Younger people you put on the spot. Nobody's not younger you put on the spot.
Speaker 3: Right, what are you going to say? How are you going to say? How old I look?
Speaker 1: I probably say heat lights in there at a thousand degrees.
Speaker 3: I don't want to That's what we do here.
Speaker 1: He said, this is how we got waterboard today.
Speaker 3: You masses your fucking helmet colors.
Speaker 1: What do you mean this is? It looks like you mass.
Speaker 5: And listen and the and the excellent class and the master's class. You can learn to deflect just like that. So the thing we were talking about it was a bit of a deflec Yeah, mathcot wait.
Speaker 1: Hang on, hang on, hang on. He said, you looked fifty nine.
Speaker 5: He's really doubling down on you twice our age. When I'm not going to sit there, when I'm trying to be in the middle of a conversation and go he is one point three to five our age.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying that I'm older.
Speaker 4: Nothing better, sure, nothing better than being around a couple of guys who love to argue.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm just saying were you were? There were ticky taking money details. Hey, listen, you're a handsome guy, There's.
Speaker 1: No question about me.
Speaker 3: Ticky tacky is not when someone says you're twice their age, which would be sixty. I'm not close to sixty fifty eight. That's ticky tacky ticky. Yeah, that's ticky tacking. You were tick attacking me taking on bridge with you twice your age?
Speaker 1: Not ticket tech. Yeah, but it's like a reference. It's more of like a phrase than it is. Actually.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just wildly inaccurate.
Speaker 5: So anyway, Dave's sixty and I'm wondering, in your old age, how you feel about these networks. How ESPN had to drop off like one hundred people at the time, and Barslow has been able to do this. I'm in school twenty thirteen. I can'tet into one of you guys as parties and arbor words. Right, and now fast forward twelve years and you guys are still dominating at a high level. Yeah, why do you think that is? With the evolving how have you been able to stay ahead.
Speaker 1: Of the curb?
Speaker 3: I think it's probably, if I had to say, the thing I'm most proud of is that we've been kind of cool in EDG now for almost two decades, which is really hard to do, especially in the media. But we hire younger people who keep us like relevant and on top of things. And again, we don't have these preconceived notions, like I readily admit I don't know a lot of what you know younger people are into. But we'll adapt and we'll find people who do know, and we let people try anything. Like you guys probably said we're just hands off twice yea. We will let people do whatever the want to do. So that's probably if you have people saying no, you can't do this, can't try that, can't do that, you may miss on a lot of things that you should be doing. So we just pivot quickly. We'll see what works, and if it works, we'll go to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think everybody, even bars. I'm sure everyone everyone felt the struggle from the pandemic. So you guys were very much like Big Cat with the college football.
Speaker 1: I mean, you doing all the all the ship.
Speaker 4: Like the taking the frozen pizzas, like learning how to adapt and have those pivots obviously doesn't come easy. It takes like fucking people who understand that and grinders. But like you guys grinded when that shit happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, none of it was planned, like everything that for like what I did during COVID the unboxing, totally unplanned. It's just all right whatever. For whatever reason I saw that it was working.
Speaker 1: We did it.
Speaker 3: The Caller Daddy like split that was huge. That was obviously unplanned. We didn't want that to happen, you know, the huge the finance never planned, undoing finance. But sports went away and we started gambling. The Trump interview, they called me like the day before. I didn't ask for that. That wasn't planned that, you yeah, they do that to me.
Speaker 5: And then because he didn't tell Big Cat, well, I know that that whole thing that's that actually want to like, let's put something in that. I don't want to talk about that and the Trump interview. Comedy and politics are really tough to mix unless it's comedy making fun of itht tics. Barstool is absolutely a comedy built on comedy.
Speaker 1: What did you did you think?
Speaker 5: What did you think at the time when they reached out to you? What was that thought pusss like for you? Because it's obviously going to get clicks, right Donald Trump is was could still be if he wasn't hand or whatever the hottest talking piece and all of social media is that where your head kind of went with it is just clicks here.
Speaker 1: A lot of it's clicks, a lot of it.
Speaker 3: It's like people, for me have already made up their mind what they think about me, and a lot of respects on what they think about barstool doesn't matter. It's like a quote someone said to me the other day, the people who don't like me, like if I walked across water, they'd be like, that's just because you can't swim, Like they just don't like it. It doesn't matter what it is. So it's like, you know what, when I thought about the Trump thing, it's like, I'm not going to win back the people don't like me, don't like me. This is gonna be one of the biggest things we've ever done. I've ever done it, and again not to keep doing clothes, but I really look at barstool as like Michael Jordan like Blue States, Red States by sneakers like, I don't fucking care. Everyone liked barstool as much as we can, you know, get the brand out there and fucking whether sell t shirts, do whatever. It's good. Yeah, and I the amount of people who would listen and maybe like, oh, we kind of like this guy.
Speaker 1: Fire out, wait for me.
Speaker 3: Any blowback on people who politics truly, Trump specifically like broke so many people's minds, Like it didn't matter with what they thought or if you met them. It's like if you if you didn't say you hate them, they couldn't get over it. They thought you like the devil. So you know, in the end, I thought about the brand. My dad despises Trump. Yeah, fucking hates them. Do you touch on that?
Speaker 1: What I did? I had my dad.
Speaker 3: I actually FaceTime. I told Trump, I got my dad fucking hate I didn't say fuck and I said, my dad hates you. He doesn't know I'm here. I'm gonna FaceTime and put him on.
Speaker 1: What do you say to that?
Speaker 3: He said, do it? Trump said, do it?
Speaker 1: My dad? My dad coward, my dad panics. My dad has done my dad my dad has.
Speaker 3: Forever been like if I ever talked to Him'm gonna say this, this, this.
Speaker 5: He was nice and cordial, So you had those things in your mind when you called him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I was like I knew I want to catch him off guard. But before we called my dad, I'm like, what do you think. He's like, you have to do it. It's the president of the United States. And when I say my dad hates him more than and it's like, so I would do anything if the president of the United States. I don't care who it is. As you do an interview, you go. That was my my thought.
Speaker 5: It's like if you win a national championship or I would go for that. Yep, yeah, depending on whether you're blue or red.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would go no matter what. But I would never be like, hey, some would also go.
Speaker 3: If someone doesn't want to go, that's your choice.
Speaker 1: I would go.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it it was something I felt like I had to do, and you know, it did cause him controversy at Barseool, and I get Dan's point on it. Dann's primary like, you should told me before, and I wish we did. I wish we did. Now what would have happened if he forbid me? Then it would have like then you would have gone for sure.
Speaker 1: But then what then?
Speaker 3: And it would have been a much, probably bigger problem because this way he in a weird way, he didn't know, so after the fact that he he didn't know, But I get what he's saying too, because he doesn't like him and obviously he's gone now. But Barstool does get painted unfairly because no other network really does this. I don't know if you guys run into it, like if you work at ESPN or the New York Times if the time say something or somebody at ESPN, they don't generally equate it to every person at the network. A lot of times with us, they do. It's like, well Dave did this, so now everybody at barstools like that. The truth of the matter is we're probably like more liberal than anything at barstool.
Speaker 1: We have people who believe anything.
Speaker 3: And we let them say what it is from every life.
Speaker 4: Because people were people were getting mad at us because it's like, oh, you're affiliated with Barstool, like you know, we love you guys, but we're not gonna listen to shit.
Speaker 1: And it's just like, I mean, I don't know what the fucking.
Speaker 3: Right, what do you tell us it has almost become a joke within barstool because we've heard it. Well, I like bustling with the boys, but I don't like barsool. I like the chick lits guys, but they don't stand for barcel I like Alex Cooper, but they don't stand for Barsel. I like PMT, but they don't stay. It's like you just named everybody at the company, so I said, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: That's the beauty of it.
Speaker 3: There's there's something for everybody, and we don't tell people what to think, and there's never like that. We never cross the line to like hate. It's always to make people laugh. And if you don't like somebody, fine, but there's something for everybody. So you know, I've just come to it is what it is. You can't change some people's minds.
Speaker 5: We had Josh Wolf on the podcast and he like a Jewish comedian and he was making Hitler jokes and walked in here and thought a bunch of Germans were gonna come and get them type of type of comedy. And we're like, real, you know, we got jobs Jewish people, right, you know, Like it's one of those things where like, the beautiful thing about comedy is it's one thing that for whatever reason, is it's on limits for everything. You can kind of go dive and everything. Obviously there's a line everywhere, but that is one of those things I think that you can kind of sneak by, and which, especially with stand up comedians, I've always used to say, whatever they want.
Speaker 3: What when the people really don't like us? I equate they go to a comedy show to see a comedian, They didn't buy a ticket, they don't know who the comedian is. They walk into the show, they hear a joke they don't like, they walk out in the street and be like, you'll never believe what this guy is saying, and they don't give any context like where that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. The big cat thing.
Speaker 5: That's a good point you brought up, because you kind of feel like you should always tell who the top. Yeah, and if Dan if like Pat leaving, it was one thing, but Pat came and went how long he was with he was there Dan. Dan's a staple, he is a Yeah, he's a foundation piece in barstool. And it's always better to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission.
Speaker 3: And it wasn't even consciously like thought that way. It happened like instantly, like like I found out I was in Nantucket, I think on a Wednesday. I found out Wednesday night. We're interviewing him Thursday. Like it was that fast day. Yeah, flew in the morning and did it. So it wasn't some long Hey, we got to keep it on the loop. It was really very fast and he found out. I think originally I was trying not to let my dad know because I wanted to surprise him. And it leaked and I hadn't told anybody because I didn't want my dad to spoil the joke.
Speaker 5: How did it leak because you didn't tell anybody?
Speaker 1: Camp did. No, there was.
Speaker 3: Trista, but I don't know how she knew Trista works for us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's written for us a few times. So do you get mad at something like that if I was. She didn't know. I was trying to hide it.
Speaker 3: No one knew I was going to do it, but so I just keeping I just dead. And she was on the radio with my dad and she's like, think your dad's like in Washington, and he's like, what are you talking about? So I don't know how she knew, but there were there were probably a group of five of us who were there. So somebody somehow got out that picture or whatever.
Speaker 1: Pay these bills. You have water down here.
Speaker 4: Shout out bare bottom clothing, no free shoutouts. Bare bottom Clothing does things differently. Found it on the principle that comfortable, made to last men'swear shouldn't cost you an arm.
Speaker 1: And a leg.
Speaker 4: Their five star rated shorts, swim trunks, and tease have gained a cult like following cold on thousands of guys.
Speaker 1: Would I say no, Yeah, I'm with you. Yeah, thousand of.
Speaker 4: Guys who have made made bare Bottom the MVP of their closets.
Speaker 1: I think you've you've enjoyed the bar I've enjoyed the bare bottoms. I put them on.
Speaker 5: It's I got a cottony feel, but they stay're stretched nice and they don't shrink when you put them in the wash room.
Speaker 4: Your FaceTime and be like, hey, I finally opened one of those packages that you gave me.
Speaker 5: Will bring me things all the time, and I'm like, ah, should I use as or not? I put the bear bottoms on, and once you know my boys in.
Speaker 1: Cibeerre really happy.
Speaker 4: You're the interest, the internet's best deal on high quality and versatile men's where you can get two pairs of their best selling stretch shorts plus their anti my anti microbial that's perfect anti microbial and moisture wicking tech tee for under one hundred dollars price right every day, so you don't have to wait around all year for sales. Right now, our listeners get free shipping on their first order these super comfortable threats at bare bottom Clothing dot Com with code busting that's b U S S. I N go to bare bottom Clothing dot com that's b E a R like the animal Bottom Clothing dot Com.
Speaker 1: And use code busting to get free shipping on your first order. All right, boys, we get a lot of you hit a lot of bullets. I think, uh, I just get to I get to pick a couple, right, Yeah, you just wait until I got to do one of those. I'm the I'm a terrible reader. All right. We have a lot of phones topics. You're up next. You get to read the ad next. Yeah. We always we always like, look at what's that that's actually between.
Speaker 5: That's between you guys and you guys, So we just get the ads. You run that, right, you run all the selling for the as along with the barstool.
Speaker 1: You do the sales and the barstool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll compent on fire. Let's get that thing back up there.
Speaker 4: NFT use crypto safe Moon. Let's talk about it. Okay, Sailor and I have talked about it. We we always get extreme pomo. Obviously, you see everybody out there with their shit coins, the big coins.
Speaker 1: All that stuff.
Speaker 4: What is the deal with safe Moon and what is your stance on Like you were talking about buying hold.
Speaker 5: Why did you go to Safe Moon? Let's start there. What of all these other coins?
Speaker 1: What was the reason.
Speaker 3: I just get hammered with Inbound and I was getting Safe Moon all the time. So I researched it, and I thought it was a dec I like the fact that they kind of penalize if you sell. But as I said in the video, you can flip a coin. It's a shit cooin, So I mean it had already kind of exploded a little bit. I was looking for one rightly wrongly that was hard to buy. In my head, I'm like, oh, if it's hard to buy, that means I'm in early, like I don't want it when it's on coin base or you know, blockfolio, when anybody can get it, because then you're late, you've missed the rush. I want one that's gonna I need like a tutor on how to buy it. Safe Moon you did, I still couldn't buy enough of it, So that's why I chose Safe Moon. Yeah, and saying foamo. You see those on doge and all this shit. So it's like, all right, I'm gonna just pick one shit coin whatever it is. I was curious, can I move it? Well, like me saying I'm involved. Do I have enough influence to make it go up up?
Speaker 1: Briefly?
Speaker 3: But it's got crashed with everything else. So that's why I pick Safe Moon.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Everybody's out there, like everybody talking about all the all the big coins that the crypto world seems like the whole Reddit with the whole amc crazy and it's like everyone's pissed off about the elite being able to influence the market up and down and shit. But then when the Reddit stuff happens in this crypto world, it almost seems like we're creating a new elite, which is more so with the people but like the whole deal behind the shit coins.
Speaker 1: Think you talking about games? Stop on the reddit? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Like Reddit like basically one in all those things, right, basically one on the the am.
Speaker 5: That's another thing we're talking about evolving though, right, Like the ESPN's NFL networks are falling behind because they're doing things like this, and you got to go to Reddit.
Speaker 1: You got people.
Speaker 3: Shit's interesting. I don't know what it'll shake out on that. I mean, obviously it's supposed to take the money out of government's hands, and everyone says a transfer a wealth. I personally don't think the wealthy will let that happen that easy. Like you even hear China is now like not gonna let mining go and.
Speaker 1: It's just shady.
Speaker 3: I I listen, I thought bitcoin, speaking of Ponzi schemes, was a Ponzi scheme. I firmly believe that. I don't know what it is now. No, I think it started as that, but I now think it's been so widely accepted that it's real and it's not going anywhere plays getting paid so right, So I would buy into bitcoin as far as the other ones who knows, and like there's certain ones if I put so much money in and they're.
Speaker 1: Tiny, and there's a bunch of them.
Speaker 3: A yummy coin, a milk coin, a milk coin, an ass coin. There's millions. If I buy a lot, I don't think there's liquidity for me to get out like I may. It's no different than a small small stock like I can if I buy it. If I want to buy a lot, the price is going to go up and up and up as I'm buying it. And if I want to sell it, no, I'm not gonna sell it at that price because there's not enough liquidity. So you know, if you're doing small amounts, maybe, but who fucking knows.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm basically have about you guys, fomo you hear these people. It's like this fucking jerk just made a hundred million dollars in like two days doing it.
Speaker 5: Did he make a hundred million dollars or is it one hundred million dollars? Can he take got a hundred right? Y?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's when he said that, I was like, I didn't even know that that was possible, that where you can't.
Speaker 1: Sell it there? Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: So when when Elon sold bitcoin the first time, he sold like ten or fifteen percent off. They bought it for Tesla's spreadsheet to cover their losses basically, and his reason and why they sold so much of it was to prove that bitcoin had liquidity for that amount. Now bitcoins, do you buy it?
Speaker 1: Do you buy That's the reason why, because seems back and forth.
Speaker 3: Well, here's my thing with Elon, Like he's the most parful guy there is no there's not even Klay he's out now he well, no, he's just so much above everybody else. But he just flip flops, like one second bitcoin is great, the next second's bad, then it's great again, and he's fluctuating the market and he's buying and selling. So that's the part I guess not regulated. This is a part of me that thinks he just fucking hates the SEC because the SEC used to investigate him. He's like, fuck you, you can't do anything with what I'm doing here, but you know, I'd be pissified a lot of bitcoin and suddenly turns around and says it's bad for the environment. You didn't know that a month ago when you were buying it, Like you're the smartest guy in the world.
Speaker 1: You just figured this out, so, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, at one point Elon tweeted this before he was so heavily involved in crypto, that Tesla's stock price was too much. I mean it dipped like fifteen percent in five minutes. He said it's too high. Yeah, he tweeted, Tesla's stock is too high. Like to me, even if I believe that about pen, which I don't, I would never publicly say that ever in a million years.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't be like, yeah, it's going to higher if someone asked me like, no, it's good, it's good. Like I would never ever tank my own stock, like people are buying it. Why would I want to like hurt? People are investing basically in me.
Speaker 5: And the reason why he's taking that stock is so when it drops fifteen percent he can go buy more. There's a that would be an idea. Obviously it's Elon here to defend him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, for a bitcoin you could certainly think that, and then he switches the dough. He owns a ton of dogs. So really, in the span of twenty four hours, at one point he said he thought bitcoin is bad for the environment. So Tesla is no longer accepting it. And by the way, he's working with those to make it environment friendly. So bitcoin went like this and those went like this. He's like, yeah, I owned Doge. It's like a little fucked up. I don't expect you to know the answer to this. By the way, if I could do what he did, he could do I do it in two seconds.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course it's a game like a game simulation, but like, I wish I could do that.
Speaker 1: The guy is an absolutely do you know him? Like do you guys?
Speaker 3: Like, no, he don't in a million bucks at the barstool fund.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I knew that you guys had the whole musk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he told me a round for Prepp. But I don't know that he actually knows who I am, who you are? Would I what run for president? No? No, I like my life.
Speaker 4: Yeah president maybe in like eight years or something like down the road a decade from now.
Speaker 5: I don't think you'd win. I don't think that'd be a winning movie. Yes, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's two it's maybe before Trump.
Speaker 1: But because you're a.
Speaker 3: Way smarter version of that, I was not smarter, but like, well people may not think that, Like I think I'm less alien.
Speaker 1: It like I'm not alien it.
Speaker 3: People think I am, but you really, if you boil down to the things I said, I don't. I don't go as far as he does, and in what ways, Like if he's because if because Trophy in large trouble for the things he was saying about the government what they're going to do.
Speaker 5: But if he's on the wall law and order like not things that I disagree or agree with, and then I'm not getting into that, but I'm saying name calling. But you you like people could go and dig up your early years of barstool like they started to do in twenty twenty, and then fucking do the same thing they did to you and make it seem like it was yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I felt like sometimes he plays to a crowd more than I would knowing where he is. If he's like you know, if he's at a crazy person rally in the Deep South, he may go right to the line of things like to kind of get them on their side, which are going to be divisive.
Speaker 1: You know. When I did the.
Speaker 3: I forget the question I asked, But when I did the interview with him, it was I mean it was in the heat of Black Lives matter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: That was when that like people probably still rioting, and I think I asked him something the fact, like if you're a black person, like what would you say, you know, to get them to vote or like you have their back? And I don't. But let me say, I've never thought he's like racist. I've followed him like before he was president. I've never got that vibe from him when I met him, I didn't. But he he plays to his constituency more than I think, you know, he if he just toned it in both sides, really, if he toned it down a little, I think he probably would have won. And to be honest, if the left wasn't so hell bent on like fucking hating his ass, they probably could have gotten some of the people like the both extremes equally suck.
Speaker 1: In my mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, didn't agree with that, and like ninety percent of the country I really believe are kind of normal, living middle who like want to get along with each other. And it was like, there's no good candidate for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, minority in the blue and the red and usually are the loudest.
Speaker 1: Yes, those people come out the majority.
Speaker 5: Yes, absolutely, So you think you would handle handle these situations different. You would never run for president, but if you did run for president, I just that's the classic I'm gonna run for president eight years comment. By the way, well it's like I'm not gonna run, but if I were to, like you.
Speaker 3: Know what it is, it's gladiator. It's when he tells conness, he's like, you got to rule wrong. He's like, I don't want it. Was like, that's the exact reason you have to. Yeah, but I never would, well not after that fucking comment.
Speaker 1: Dude. Oh no, no, that's the reason why you have to. Honestly, who would want to do that? I don't care about heem.
Speaker 5: Like Dwayne the Rock Johnson is making a push.
Speaker 3: Who do I think he should win?
Speaker 1: He would win the Rock I do.
Speaker 5: But I think that's because there's the thing that came out said forty six percent of the country would vote for him. They said I'd vote for Dwayne the Rock Johnson, And my first thought was, then forty six is stupid because you have no idea what he what he's standing on that like, what he believes in, what he's trying to push, you know, it's crazy. Then I'm sure that I'm sure Dwayn's a good guy. I have to put an insurance policy here. I didn't mean to cut you off, but like, I'm sure he's a great dude. I'm sure he handles himself well after he would. I can't imagine Kim john Um going into a meeting and the Rock being like, hey, good to meet you. Holy shit, talk about intimidation, but you don't like has he said what his political campaign would be? What do you run independent?
Speaker 3: You know, I think a lot of it at this point is people vote for somebody they actually thinks like a genuine good person, and like I don't know what their politics are, but it's like somebody that you see and you think thinks normally and isn't gonna judge somebody on anything, whether it be like race, skin, and like that's better in a lot of respects than like what we have now or maybe have had, not that I think that it's just you know, we just don't like somebody can sit down and you think you're gonna have a normal conversation with and and get along with that. That almost trumps at this point. I don't know, I think you would win.
Speaker 5: It's a while I think he would win too, but it just depends what he come out with. You can't just say you're gonna vote for somebody. I have no idea what they're standing for. Kind of dismantles what the potential.
Speaker 4: I think people feel like they followed him all these years, Like obviously I know he's outstanding.
Speaker 5: I don't follow a lot of people just to follow him, right, He's one of those guys I followed deals.
Speaker 4: I'm like this year, anytime he has a video and he's talking, like everyone seems to listen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean you'll sit there and listen, you'll watch it.
Speaker 3: I'd be like, I can't believe the Rock said that. You know, he just never seems like somebody who I don't think I've ever heard anybody be like fucking Rock, right, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 5: Think I have about himself as him. Yeah, like I've never heard anybody say anything bad about them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's like Kevin if you're in wrestling. He's like a funny guy. Clearly, I trust people's sense of humors, and there are no like I believe that's why kind of like Trump, I thought he was like super funny, Like I loved how he did debates and.
Speaker 1: Just like make him names and ship like that. Yell at people, just yell over anybody talking. I was like, look at these guys, dude.
Speaker 5: These children, elementary kids going back and I'm waiting for a teacher to come out nice for a second and go back.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, no, you said that.
Speaker 3: Lie.
Speaker 5: If the rock came to him, was like, I want you to run vice president.
Speaker 3: No, I don't want it. People fucking already don't like me enough. I don't need it.
Speaker 1: That's not a bad deal.
Speaker 5: I am leaking right now. Turned the jets on.
Speaker 1: It was ninety oho two.
Speaker 4: Ye dude, we used to have to be out in the gravel and have to just put tarps over it.
Speaker 1: It's a bad deal. So I say yes. So you asked to come on this. Who's Metcalfe is the first one that comes to mind. DK shut us down, which was absurd to me. He's easy on PMTU all the time.
Speaker 5: I think he thinks he's better than us, which is fair.
Speaker 1: You know. Uh, here we go. Georgia Boot. Hang on this, Dave, Oh excuse me.
Speaker 3: Georgia Boot, World's most comfortable boot, Georgia Boot America's hard as working boot for eighty years. George has been making boots only times. I canna say, boots that work as hard as you do, coughing off for your job, cool enough for everything else. GEORGIEA boot makes super good looking and super comfortable boots so comfortable you'll never want to.
Speaker 1: Take them off.
Speaker 3: I like good even I look I like looking good even when I'm.
Speaker 1: Working with these boots. Do that.
Speaker 3: These boots will hold up in any condition without sacrificing comfort. As the comfort technology of an athletic shoe packed in. They're a great looking boot, great looking boots. They're wildly comfortable, out of price you can afford. Every time I wear these boots, people just ask where I get them. Whether you're working yep, whether you're working on your feet all day, work around the home, grilling out with your friends. These boots won't sacrifice comforted style. Georgia Boots off the best work boots wedges and joggers around, laggers around joggers, loggers. Whether you need a waterproof boot, steel boot, stuffed toe, square toe, met guard, non puncture shank, no slip soul, They've got it. Head over georgiaboot dot com use code busting twenty percent off.
Speaker 1: They should do a boot over under like and just randomly if you nail it free pair of boots, that'd be awesome. Read it top to bottom Georgia boot.
Speaker 4: How is the sports but How's a whole little scroll down? I like that logo. They should put that on a hat, the Georgia Butot logo. Yeah, that's a fire logo. Actually, how is the whole partnership with this pin? The sports book, all that shit? You seem to be launching it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, So Indiana is launching this week. Actually, I'm going to the Indy five hundred. I've never been.
Speaker 3: I've been in a ton of ASCAR, but never Indy, So doing that. I'm excited for that. And then we should have by football season about eight more states I think, or eight total.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's important.
Speaker 5: Do you guys know which eight states? You probably do know what it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tennessee, I think Colorado, New Jersey and Colorado and maybe Virginia. It comes from penn they basically tell us. But those are the states I know illegal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, with uh when it comes to you guys's demographic obviously, guys are huge in the Northeast is where you started and stuff like that. In the West, big time. Also, actually, Arizona is a huge barstool stand. I don't know if you know that Will, but i'd in the South though, it seems like there's a little bit of a drop off. Why do you think different areas are for against see.
Speaker 3: I disagree with that that assessment. I think disagree with whatever you want. You know, because you're my boss and accurate. Yeah, I think we're huge in the South. Now now, like I'm kind of like.
Speaker 5: But there's no there's no barstool in Nashville. Well, that's tough. That's definitely.
Speaker 1: How are you king of the South. And they don't say Florida because.
Speaker 5: Florida Florida and Louisiana and what Florida and Louisiana Louisiana.
Speaker 1: No, I think Louisian it's a totally different deal.
Speaker 5: I think there's a couple of Yeah, but I'm not talking about geographically obviously, it's the South. I'm talking about like Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, yeah, Tennessee, Missouri, Okay, outstanding, she's probably went for president then, But like like New Orleans Louisiana area, it's supercasion. I'm more talking about how different the state is compared to all the other states in the South, including Florida.
Speaker 1: Floria is its own deal, Louisiana's own deal. But why you're the king of the South. Why is this? Well a couple of different factors.
Speaker 3: I got really involved with NASCAR, so it's going to those events a lot.
Speaker 1: And that's a big Southern thing, isn't it. Yep.
Speaker 3: I'm viewed as a conservative, so Fox News and doing all that, Like I'll go in to sell everyone knows that I saw you owned Fox News, and everyone likes pizza. So those three things.
Speaker 1: Those are the three stables you're standing by.
Speaker 3: If I am the South, I get recognized almost as much in the North. Really, I'm the king of the South.
Speaker 4: Well, are you opening like an HQ up down in Florida? Have you thought about putting a putting a flag down in the South?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I bought a house there, so I'm gonna be there six months a year.
Speaker 1: Okay, the colder ones. If I had to get are you gonna bring people from the from HQ down South? Yeah?
Speaker 3: If I have to do stuff like, I got a nice spot, so I'll probably build something where I am.
Speaker 5: I would think that a lot of people from New York would be like, let's go to Florida. I don't want them there, Okay, good friends.
Speaker 3: Well no, it's like, honestly, I don't wear a young company like these bozos run around South Beach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the end of us.
Speaker 3: Like New York in the winter, it's like, you know, it's fucking few degrees and no, you don't want to be outside is freezing. Miami is twenty four to seven and beautiful. We have I've actually become out. I'd say, like from a night life's perspective, my most connected city because I'm there so much.
Speaker 1: I know everybody.
Speaker 3: So you know, I'm there at fucking eleven at seven am and Caleb Presley comes waltzing through the door.
Speaker 1: He's like, what are you doing? A'm like, what do you do in here? It would just be bad news. Yeah, it would be.
Speaker 3: It's twenty four seven, nobody sleeps, he's still gonna work. So that.
Speaker 5: Beer's having a rough time. And from imagine Dana ha a hard time. Any of them is Dana back. I don't even know what that means. Like to me, Dana is like a video guy. Yeah, he's behind it, so he's not a beer guy.
Speaker 3: You're saying he's not behind the scenes video editor. He drinks beer.
Speaker 1: He's got it, but he does it well. You don't think that helps the brand a little bit. I mean he drinks beer. So you're on record saying you don't think he's back. I didn't know that he was.
Speaker 5: He it's the description of what what is back.
Speaker 4: It like like like you small, like you hammered the beers last night, you can go out on them and say Taylor's back.
Speaker 1: I'd like to think.
Speaker 5: So, you know, he's been a little bit on the I've been on a little rocky path because the the most you PD last year.
Speaker 1: It's been a rocky two years. I got a PD for austring.
Speaker 3: So did you deny it?
Speaker 5: I took a polygraph and so I mean, do you want to get into it? I can get into it if you like. He can listen to austreen is a thing for osteoporosis. So it's like muscle saving and bone density. It's really nothing that's going to help you in football. The FDA doesn't regulate supplements. So I was taking supplements given to me by a nutritionist actually in New York, and they were n SF certified do.
Speaker 3: They like send this script to everybody who takes PDS.
Speaker 1: What what you just read? What I just said? I just doing homework.
Speaker 3: I feel like they fax it out everybody.
Speaker 1: Here's what you're saying.
Speaker 3: That doesn't helping football nutrition.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah. It's like, all right, I'm sure, yeah, no, I didn't take it. Let's listen. You heard it here.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so being back, I would say that, that's what that I mean, that's what accuted to being back.
Speaker 1: I was Dana not I don't know.
Speaker 3: He's been the same guy since he started the uh zillion beer He drinks beers. He definitely it all started with that challenge. When he was doing it, I'm like, get behind the camera and I said, if he sold a certain amount of merch by the end of the day, he could continue to make these videos. He destroyed it. He sold so much merch a million.
Speaker 5: You think he stowed because of him or because of you.
Speaker 1: Know, I like him being wrong correct, So he was like I was.
Speaker 3: The impetus to like, let's prove Dave wrong. So it was a nice It was like a w W work, although he didn't see it that way, but it like, you know, his nice storyline. We're gonna buy all his merch and put money in his fucking pocket, showed him so just.
Speaker 5: Clipping Coope gets the same weekly paycheck and appreciate your brother. Yeah, yeah, he actually gave his listening to the podcast.
Speaker 3: I think he got no. I think he got like one hundred grands on he gave it away. He got he got so caught up. He like didn't keep the money.
Speaker 5: Because the bet, the ant. He kept going up, trying to stay relevant. It's it's he's like, how can I keep this train rolling?
Speaker 1: Because he was hot. He's an entertainment guy. That's what I'm saying. He was hot. Now is he back?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Is hot? His back? I didn't know.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say that.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't follow like you do. But I wouldn't say Dana's back then.
Speaker 1: Would you know?
Speaker 4: Like I'm just I love like asking this because it's obviously people are gonna run.
Speaker 1: He's gonna run with it.
Speaker 3: Specifically, Yeah, I I came in the office because it's back. I I literally walk down, I go, dude, stand up, stood up. He's like, what's up? I'm like, I want to say, how fat you are? I kept hearing it, you're so fat. He looked the same to me, I'm like, you look the same you've always looked, and he loved it.
Speaker 1: What do you do when he did that? Just smile?
Speaker 4: He tweeted and said they will. They've aalked me, told me to stood up, so you look the same. And then he's like, I'm back, so.
Speaker 1: The same story. He just told him. Yeah, literally, yeah, I said, you said, what did he do with it? And yeah, he was just working down in Mississippi with Yeah, he was doing video. Is there a documentary coming about that? On Dion?
Speaker 3: Dion's awesome, He's he's like one of the best guys. I feel like he's one of the top guys I've met. Where my preconceived notions of him did not match with who he was, Like I just knew him his prime time in the character I grew up with.
Speaker 1: So what's the preconceived notion before going into for example, how much older he isn't us?
Speaker 3: Well, I just thought, you know, he's he's this guy like that's so egotistical, so over the top, would not be humble, no self awareness at all, and he's awesome in every respect, Like I would picture myself. I grew up with him, like being real good friends with him. Like he just has a great sense of humor, say anything with him at ease at all time, and way smarter than like I remember him saying the Primetime character. He's like, I studied the draft and cornerbacks made so much little money compared to like quarterbacks everybody else.
Speaker 1: No one was getting paid. He's like, I have to do.
Speaker 3: Something, and he created the Primetime character. Like that's what he's I believe it.
Speaker 5: People would be so surprised how much entertainment can get you paid, right, It's just ridiculous. And everyone when you start kind of stepping out of that zone, people were like, hey, you should you shouldn't do that, you shouldn't act this way. But the more you act that way, more people fucking know who you are, and that person gets paid.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like that ship is his son playing for the same school. He's a quarterback. How they do this year? Were they good?
Speaker 3: They were better than I think they thought they were going to be. They beat they started off like twenty years or something. I think it'll be a big time d one coach. At some point, you should have gone to Florida. He thought he was getting the Florida State job.
Speaker 1: For Florida State.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I think if he gets the if he gets that job, you think his son goes with him because you can now go in the portal and.
Speaker 3: Just quick and I don't know how good if he's good enough. I mean Florida State socks so and Florida State was good what seven years ago? Like relevant, like irrelevant amount of time it was.
Speaker 1: To date myself.
Speaker 3: When I was growing up, it was them in Miami was like that, the teams.
Speaker 5: How about Miami? When are they going to come back? When are they going to be the school again?
Speaker 1: Hopefully?
Speaker 3: You like to think your alumni, how about your alumni? Yeah, well when they stink, they're yours.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll tell you what I'm I've been pretty pretty vocal about how they suck, but they mostly sucked. They sucked more when I was there, So it's like, okay for me to say they suck.
Speaker 3: Now, how could they suck more when you were the dude?
Speaker 5: I went there from nine to thirteen. Rich Rodriguez was my coach.
Speaker 3: No, they weren't worse then.
Speaker 1: We didn't make a bowl game the first time, like twenty years. Was the quarterback, the chef quack. He was there the second year.
Speaker 3: So okay, then they were better than any year that they've had.
Speaker 1: This year.
Speaker 3: That's better than what they were.
Speaker 1: They do this year they made They won ten games. Last year, didn't they? They didn't win ten games? Fuck? No, or nine? We had the Bay ten played like that. I think, No, they didn't win ten. We were horrible.
Speaker 5: Well, okay, even better argument for me, we were on par as shitty as them.
Speaker 3: When I was overall and four home, oh and three it.
Speaker 4: He said, we win ten games and they tarball.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. That is that's.
Speaker 2: Wild to me.
Speaker 1: Now I'm going to go back.
Speaker 5: People are gonna hate me because I'm gonna go. But you go back, they're gonna love you to death. I go back to I can't believe you fucking win against your team. Listeners can take you. People be like, well, you can't drink at the stadium, sory, you're getting arrested.
Speaker 1: I've said I won't wear the colors.
Speaker 3: I won't wear football season.
Speaker 1: I won't wear them. You won't wear amazing blue anymore, No, not for.
Speaker 3: Football or a basketball school.
Speaker 5: I've a it's kind of I don't want to sell like that guy. But it's kind of weird to me when guys leave college and they're still so invested in their college.
Speaker 1: Are you talking.
Speaker 5: I think it's a bad thing for me to say. I don't think I love all.
Speaker 1: I know you do.
Speaker 3: Wait are you talking like players are just like players?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Players more than anything, Because I don't.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's because I'm that way, Like when I go to the next thing, I'm on the next thing high school.
Speaker 1: No, I mean I don't. I don't go back and watch games. Ever, I don't care about your high school.
Speaker 5: And now I follow them on Instagram and if they do something and they want me to do something for them, I always do that, do something for them. But like, I'm not like getting in arguments with other kids from Area Zona about how we were better than them in two thousand and five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I don't. I mean, I think that's I think that's a little far.
Speaker 5: But I don't see what all the Alabama guys like. They come from college NFL and all they talk about is college.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 3: I think that's cool though, Yeah.
Speaker 5: But they won, they won, not age one. Well, we I was worse when I was at school.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're.
Speaker 5: Talking, I guess so, yeah, I don't know. I'm kind of losing my place. I feel like we're back to this the office thing.
Speaker 1: Well, I know, I'm in the Nebraska. I know. I don't know if you're taking you guys both took this side. I'll stay on this side. I think it's cool.
Speaker 3: Like I like, if you watch like Miami in the old days and like Mike Irban comes back and right Lewis on the sidelines, I think that's cool.
Speaker 5: Here's why I probably don't like it is when I was there, we were just shitty.
Speaker 1: Everyone talked about the nineties.
Speaker 5: Everyone talked about you know, Bo and Lloyd and all that, And I think I never did anything relevant from a team standpoint at the at school. So there's nothing for me to truly be proud of.
Speaker 3: Like we won the Sugar who was like the quarterback.
Speaker 5: When Denard Robinson was our quarterback? And then who won the Sugar Bowl is a BCS game? We went like three overtimes. It was the first year Brady hook was that was I.
Speaker 3: Don't think you're paying any attention to how bad Michigan is now.
Speaker 1: You guys want that, you want we can't. That's that the only thing we did. That's the only thing we did. We never chicken can't win. Michigan used to be head Michigan is the worst thing.
Speaker 5: That's no, that's just ridiculous because Illinois.
Speaker 3: Illinois is probably better than them last year.
Speaker 1: That's not true. They went again, but look it up, we just four. It's pretty easy to be better than it's said overall, because remember last year with COVID, they kind of played teams.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, we were ducking. We ducked Ohio the state because they were lost by thousand.
Speaker 1: Do you think they should have we have tarball? No, definitely.
Speaker 5: Then where do we go because when I was okay, when I was there, all they talked about was.
Speaker 1: We need to and and what were we? Two and four?
Speaker 4: Respect respectable less game respectable? Three and five Nebraska last year is a weird deal. But the year before from Michigan to the schedule was being from Michigan too. You guys have like the most winning hist program. I don't know if we're there anymore.
Speaker 1: I think you guys are Michigan Minnesota.
Speaker 3: So we BEATSOA, lost to Michigan, State, lost to Indiana, got killed by it was good last year beat Rutgers and double ot, triple ot took to beat Rockers, lost the Penn State and then the last three were canceled.
Speaker 1: So that's a tough look. They went.
Speaker 3: They win one game at home. Yeah, Michigan State, though they sock Michigan socks.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: The Big Ten's kind of like falling off a little bit. It's just Ohio State in Wisconsin sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we always need Ohio State to win the Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, your nebrawska has been a joke since they answered, So.
Speaker 1: Says ninety seven. It's perfect, Hey, time to pit. It's tough.
Speaker 5: You talk about tough, talk about having a bad haircut At sports.
Speaker 1: Clips sports Clips, oh sport Clips offers a unique experience that exceeds the typical haircut from start to finish. Sports Clips stylists are experts in men and boys haircuts with specialized training and techniques. You know that men's hair is harder to cut the women's hair.
Speaker 5: I really, well, you shouldn't got to a sport Clips. Cutting guys here can be harder than women's hair. Wow, I just said that, unbelievable. I already knew that when you go to sport Clips versus a place that cuts women's hair. You're getting a stylist who are specifically trained to cut guys hair. Sports Clips are experts and understanding facial shape and hair texture and cutting to a guy's best advantage. Listen, here's the deal. You go in there, it's fifteen minute, give him a fifteen minutes heads up, you head in.
Speaker 1: Use the app. Fucking that's the ad. That's the app. I did it? You go now lost my place? You got around with age your locations nationwide.
Speaker 4: A sport Clips is closer than you think, and your experience is even better. With on deck text alert, which means less way time, more prime time. You'll get a fifteen minute heads up when it's time to head in and another text when you're next in the line. Sport Clips gives you more ways to save time so you can enjoy your prime time text messages. Opt in required message and data piece may apply.
Speaker 1: Visit a sport Cliffs near you for a haircut that exceeds the typical experience from start to finish.
Speaker 5: A great job well does a good job. Reading is not a strong suit for me, and I gott.
Speaker 3: I have bad eyes at this point I getting hold for twice there. It's like tough to.
Speaker 1: Almost see you read your ads in your show.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, most of them with Eddie Yeah depends who it is.
Speaker 4: Hey, but Dion million dollars worth the game brought them in right, Yes, how's the relationship and partnership going with love them?
Speaker 1: They were?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're They're as good as it gets for what they do. I mean, hilarious and huge, like people don't think get how big they are in their community, like urban obviously and their monsters, like I told the story, we told it when we went when we were recruiting them. I went to Philly and literally walking on the street, every single white kid was like, hey, Dave a present. Every single black dude was like hey Wallo, Hey Gilly was like one after the other. In their YouTube, they're they're Their YouTube is huge, like they're not traditional podcast audio. If you go to a million dollars worth of game and they's something. The first time I listened to them, similar to you guys, when you hear it, I just knew it's like, yep, these guys have it, Like let's see what we can do to get them.
Speaker 1: And they're already huge.
Speaker 3: I mean Gilly already had a million followers by the time we got to them, and Wallow is up over a million. Yeah, they're as good as there really are.
Speaker 1: Why do you think they don't leave.
Speaker 5: Like like McAfee dee if they were, I mean, million followers would qualify as a star.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I see what you're saying. I don't same with like Alex when it is a little different. You know, we learned.
Speaker 3: We probably learned more with McAfee as it was going. He was running his whole business, but we're better. It was the first time we had somebody like that, you know, and the communication wasn't as good and obviously I think mcaveee wanted to leave, Like you know, I love Pat and we get along still. Like I think it is version of events, which a lot of it's like. He was very much like it was the business side. He was like I love Eric and David. There was no but there was no like shady business going on. It was just us being dumb, which can happen at times. And it was really we set things up so a lot of people who advertise, for example, with million dollars worth of game, they're not deciding between million dollars worth a game or part might take from what I gathered, like a big blowout that happened with Pat was there was this big ad client and we or they thought it was only to Pat and end up going to part of my take. Can't create bad optics because it's like we I think there's a rev share with Pat, and then there isn't with part of my take, So Barstool theoretically stands to make more money. The reality situation is like if an advertiser wants to advertise the part of my take instead of Pat or vice versa, it's up to the advertiser. And that, from what I gathered, was a big part. I should have been more heavily involved with Pat in maybe, but he was always gonna leave. It was just a matter of wine. And I don't say that in a bad way. No, it financially made sense for him prior to leave. And for the things he wants to do if he wants to go do WWE, he wants to go announce on ESPN like that has nothing to do with us, right, that's his own. You know, he doesn't need us to do it.
Speaker 5: Do you think there's ever a future for you? Guys to collab do anything together.
Speaker 3: He works right now close. Well, all right, so we were I tried to get him involved with the sports book and we would have been like he had an idea, is I want me to do a radio show together like me and you.
Speaker 1: It'll be to has Fan Sports. That would have been asolutely massive I the two if you did so.
Speaker 3: Before that, we were trying to get him in and he went to a competitor of Pen of the Barstools sports book and they gave him a huge deal. So that will prevent us from working together as long as that deal. I don't know when that expires for him, but as long as that's in place, it'll be very hard because direct competitor on the advertiserble. But you know you're not opposing the future. No, No, he's super. He's one of the few guys what I offered him to try to get the pen to him to come back and part of it, there's very few people who I think are talented enough to get an offer like that. He was four. It's just he got a much bigger offer that you know we can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seem like you got a huge deal, right with all these huge deals.
Speaker 4: Coming out with like Spotify and everybody, all these media markets outlets coming up and coming out of pocket to get all this talent. How do you feel like you you've kind of noticed and kind of position yourselves to be ready for like you know, contracts with like Alex to come up.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean, you know what I'm saying. Yea, it is no different than sports.
Speaker 3: There'll be some people where yeah, they're awesome and we wish to have them, but we won't be able to do it because you're still trying to run a business. A lot of it right now is in the gambling space because it's a gold rush, so people are willing to overpay big time, like the Levatar like fifty million from the Yeah, that's fucking insanity. That deal only happens largely probably because of us, because it's almost again enough to keep using sports analogies. But we set the market when Penn bought us, and we proved the importance of having media to drive your ads spend. So if barcel was sold, I think it's like two billion dollars. Now, if Barcelol could be sold on the open market, seeing what we did for Pen, I think it's probably close to two billion, and all our competitors rushed around basically needing to combat us because Pen doesn't have to spend advertising because I'm out there fucking doing it. Basically, they had the one time fee and they're just accumulating everything. As rumors, Drafting was going to try to buy Bleach Report fifty million for Lebratard. They don't own it. That's a three year contract. Really crazy, Yeah, just to just to distribute. Yeah, because the crazy Yeah, the amount that they're spending is and they're getting killed. They don't make any money except us. We're okay because we're not spending and you know, eventually that'll change, but right now it's a gold rush into the gambling space.
Speaker 4: You feel like it helps that you're able to, Like it's like the Barstool sports books, so literally all of your talent across Barstool can essentially do what like FanDuel and DraftKings are throwing money out for all this talent.
Speaker 1: To like, hey, boost us do all this stuff. You get to kind of do it.
Speaker 3: And it mattered, like you know, I'm incentive. Yeah, it's a huge advantage for PEN. And again, I don't think anyone knew it wasn't like we had all these offers. We didn't pen pen. The people are turning who own who bought barstool?
Speaker 1: And was?
Speaker 3: They're professional negotiators, like there were athlete negotiators, ruthless negotiators. They named the price for Penn. They're like four hundred and fifty million. That was evaluation. They said yes right away. I couldn't believe it, Like usually I get ripped off. I'm not a great like Negota. Well you saw how he negotiates, like what do you guys want done?
Speaker 1: So it's like, I'm not that's not my fortune.
Speaker 3: So it's like I thought those guys when they just said the number and they said yes, and now it's just spiraled out of control. So it's like when a pitcher signs of Major League Baseball and sets the market and then you look back, or even Brady, you look back at Braid, it's like, whoa, he's kind of like underpaid to what people get nowadays.
Speaker 1: That's kind of what happened.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hey, when we did go into that meeting with you, you're like, I have never been in one of these what do you want?
Speaker 1: I was going in there like all right, we got to you.
Speaker 5: Guys have I'm like reading up, I'm calling my agent, so what should I talk about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm like, we want Hylor like fuck it, okay, We're yeah, We're sitting at Taylor's. And it was right after the season, right, it was right after the season, right after the ABC Championship.
Speaker 4: And I was like, they want us to come out, like we need to have conversations, like talk about this deal and everything.
Speaker 3: He was guys, I thought we're the ones who wanted to do that.
Speaker 4: He called Gas and goes, you'll be out tomorrow or like within the next couple of days, and and we got on the phone. I was like, just go out there.
Speaker 1: He's like before the yeah, yeah, yeah. He's like, yeah, let's just go out there.
Speaker 4: So we're going out there and he's like, hey, you you know you got this thing right, And I'm thinking.
Speaker 1: Yo, you fucking put us out here. He's like, oh no, I just want to get us out here.
Speaker 5: Showed up twenty minutes, like meeting Alpha Move, Jimmy Sandwich whatever, the's right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it wasn't Jim's pop. We bought it, brought our suit with us. I'm asking Dave about for the boys like, you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: For the Boys, we own that.
Speaker 4: He's like, yeah, we're like if the like, would we be able to have like for the boys. I think what Locks is say, we don't want to corner ourselves even if being known as the boys, and then we don't have the Boys anymore. And he's like, oh, yeah, no problem.
Speaker 3: I was like even I was like doing that, meaning I was just sitting down, like what are you guys talking? You want I'm here to answer?
Speaker 1: I go, I go boys, I go, uh, all right, what else?
Speaker 2: Amazing different because you're like, why the fuck are my hand?
Speaker 1: We're like, this is our super Bowl.
Speaker 2: This is.
Speaker 1: Decision.
Speaker 3: It honestly felt almost like an office like skit where it's like, well, I'm gonna need to be able to take my lunch at twelve. It's like, all right, whatever you guys like, I don't even know what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, they've just cleaned those all right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you just want to be able to like continue to solve the Boys merch, Yeah, no problem.
Speaker 1: I was like, all right, I can't go ahead, man, Yeah, numbers.
Speaker 3: I guess it's very different to those negotiations or anything like that, because you guys have already been doing it, so like we're never trying to where where things get weird is what happens to call her daddy, where it's literally something that's like part of my take didn't exist. It's something our employees in our own doors, like started from scratch, and then it's like to me, that's our I P That's where I get a little more. It's like, well, you can't build something here. It's like who owns a McNugget, like the guy who invented or McDonald's, Like it's McDonald's. It's like you you were working. Now when you come to us with something, you sign the contract. Hopefully it's great for everybody. At the end, we can redo the contract and extend it. But if it doesn't, then we're not like it's your thing, you know what I mean. That's kind of how I look at how'd you.
Speaker 1: Guys find us?
Speaker 4: No no, no, Gaz told me somebody's got to bring it to him before he's like all.
Speaker 3: Who was respond on top of like new podcasts and obviously you guys ripped off part of my take. With a lot of what you did. There was buzz around the office being like, oh, look at these guys doing like the butt. Now granted the bus start with me, so that's it goes me and Dan to part of my take to you guys. But we saw it and it was good. What did we steal from this this environment?
Speaker 5: So you guys owned a seventy four bluebird, well that didn't have an engine and yours are two NFL players, But the inside of it, you guys had the stickers.
Speaker 3: We had a very similar vibe. Pretty SMI no, it was an actual bus. It was we had an RV an RV. Yeah, so that's different. Wad right, No, see that's that's the second.
Speaker 1: Like we were werey what they got some age? He's got some age on it. So we had it.
Speaker 3: It literally looked it looked exactly kind of like this, and we go through like Greg Olsen and all the fucking like, uh was the Yeah the Panthers. Greg Olsen shout out, still my number one guy. Like they we couldn't get press credentials. They wouldn't give him to us. I've known him for so long. He left media day early to come on our bus. We really sat down like and just shoot the ship. Like it literally looked.
Speaker 1: I don't know exactly like this. So you think we stole your guys idea.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying stole, but there is a lot of osmosis that goes on in this industry. You don't even know you're stealing things like where'd I see that? Where did I see it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: That's right, Barcel at the bus and then PMT took it. But P and T looked pretty much similar to what the original bus. Hey we're all one team here.
Speaker 5: Oh no, there was more talking, there was no train.
Speaker 1: Off for nothing.
Speaker 5: Comfort let's go, you know, then like, hey, we're on the same team right one. No, we didn't steal ship, but I will say we're we're a very original idea. People have actually tried to steal our ideas now, and I'm wondering when you guys go to uh start going to other athletes, say and make a podcast or.
Speaker 1: Are we were one and only? Well you guys already had it.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, are you are like fifteen twenty episodes. I'm saying, there's other guys out there now doing it. Are those guys gonna become part of burstool we want?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well, because you have PMT that yeah, that probably would The thing with the McAfee and the PMT thing could end up happening with us in PMT or yeah, PMT, how there was like the ads and like there could be a split who's going to wear eventually? It's a very similar setup. We're both talking about sports, right, That's what we're doing. We're talking about sports here. It is that could be a thing in the future. You know, maybe we get a little radio gig going on. Maybe maybe you give us more money. How much mine? I don't know how much you guys to make.
Speaker 1: Well, since you're a terrible negotiator, we'll talk about it. Do you guys?
Speaker 3: What do you How much do you make in the NFL?
Speaker 5: I can look that you can make you can look that up if you want to make less this year that I did last year? What I make less this year than I did last year? About seven million less?
Speaker 3: Seven? So how much you made last year?
Speaker 1: What? Sixteen seventeen, last seventeen? Yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: What I understand that taxes work?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, would you would you? Would you? Are you? Are you faithful to the boys? To you guys? Yeah? Faithful? How like you see you see some of these guys, I don't know, who are you talking about.
Speaker 5: Guy gets on the bus right now, puts a gun to Will's head and says, you got to suck my day?
Speaker 1: How faithful are you to us? Can you repeat that?
Speaker 3: Then around?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 5: Guy gets on the bus right now.
Speaker 3: Head says I gotta suck your dick, not mine his.
Speaker 5: The guy with the gun, No, not doing that faithful.
Speaker 3: I.
Speaker 1: Would, I wouldn't put that against I mean, hell, it's a hey, I'm cool with that, as I'd rather him not get killed.
Speaker 3: But I'm not sucking his deck. Like we're not like boys like that, Like we've met this, We've been together for like twenty minutes. I'm just yeah, please twenty three. You could do that literally to anybody in the street. Then, hey, guy walking, I'm gonna kill this guy if you want to suck his deck.
Speaker 1: No, there's a little more substance. There's a little more. For twenty minutes worth a minute forty worth more. That's an hour twenty three. And I added the twenty that.
Speaker 3: We help before that, that's an hour forty. I mean, that's a pretty fucking horrific situation.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, if you were how far and we'll steal down there.
Speaker 3: My chances and that that we could maybe wrestle the gun away before we get into a dick sucking situation.
Speaker 1: So not that faithful. I think.
Speaker 3: I think I want to just walk off. Maybe I do a fake walk off and then like a turn. I'm not a fighter, but like I would rather, I would rather probably get shot.
Speaker 1: Have you gone before? No? Never, one, not once? Never Have you been pushing the face though? No? Never? No. Is that surprising to you?
Speaker 3: You mean because you think like a wise house You mean.
Speaker 1: No, I'm saying, yes, okay.
Speaker 4: People people would be like, oh, if I see David, he talks like that for me, they want to swing on him or something.
Speaker 1: I've heard that lot. I mean, I don't know one person.
Speaker 3: I rarely get confronted, not because people are like I just most people are normal and like actually think we're funny people. Uh And honestly, right now that people don't like me probably aren't even out. They're like sit at home and just fucking don't go out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Probably it push came to shop, I'll go right to the line and then I'll just be a giant pussy.
Speaker 1: I'll be on them out of here. You know. The Mayweather fight. Log It Logan pollen in Mayweather.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you think house where we have a promo? Great job, guys, Barceols sportsbook. Bet this week the one prize. If you lose, you get eliminated the packages. You go to the fight with me and we're in the locker room pre fight the locker room. Yeah, Logans, how do you think that's gonna go?
Speaker 1: And I need you to be as brutally honest.
Speaker 3: I don't know the actual rules. Are the rules just straight? I know it's amateur like I heard different weird?
Speaker 1: Is all right?
Speaker 3: Let's just say they're normal rules.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: In my mind, Mayweather can do whatever he wants if he wants to make an entertaining he can't like I thought he could have destroyed Connor at any point, like if he's just like, all right, I've had enough of this.
Speaker 1: I'm done now.
Speaker 3: He's way older, he may not be training, but he is still the greatest, arguably boxer of all time. Logan's way bigger, way bigger. But it doesn't matter. He's so fast. If Mayweather cares at all, I actually said to Logan, if if you told me Mayweather cares one hundred percent, I would bet all my money you can't land one clean punch of What did he say to that? He disagreed, but it wasn't like totally adamant disagree. I don't think Logan's under any delusion. I think he's like, he's not gonna take this fight seriously. It's a show and he's doing whatever. But I've never gotten the vibe around Logan. He's like, yeah, I can fucking give this guy fight. He knows who he is, so he's just.
Speaker 1: Me entertainment, Like this is just what is so? I mean, that's what I mean.
Speaker 3: One hundred and ninety vers one hundred and sixty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's it. That's he's not getting touched. How is he gonna hit Mayweather?
Speaker 1: Well, it's all a guy like Connor.
Speaker 3: Couldn't But that's all up to He did a little bit.
Speaker 1: He did a little bit, but Connor caught him once. I was like, oh, but that was up to me when he beats him.
Speaker 3: If I was at that feat that entire fight, that Mayweather at any points like I'm done, Like he may have shipped the money, and to a degree, I think he's an entertainer. If he's like, all right, I'm just gonna fucking whale on this guy and not let him touch me once. He could have done that, he can do it with this, but who knows what he's thinking. I actually think eventually Connor McGregor will fight Jake Paul.
Speaker 1: Do you think so? I do?
Speaker 3: I think Jake Paul is brilliant. I think he's brilliant and he's going to keep doing. What he's doing is finding the perfect opponents who can't beat him and makes h make like I'm actually and I'm intrigued. I'm like, wait, is he good?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: He clearly has power, clearly, but is he good?
Speaker 1: I don't know?
Speaker 3: I even I don't know now? And why is say good? I'm not saying he'd be like a legit credible boxer, but I actually now am like dying to see him fight a good boxer.
Speaker 1: What happens?
Speaker 3: So he's created that now I wouldn't if I were him.
Speaker 5: But the guys he fought are like what a YouTube star and the UFC guy what was his name.
Speaker 1: Ben Astron?
Speaker 5: Ben Astron who's for wrestling and taking punches really well in the basketball.
Speaker 1: And and that fight was seemed like the most like fake thing ever I listened to.
Speaker 5: I listened to fake how fake like he got punched. It looked like a fake knockout. And as he's knocking away smiling.
Speaker 1: See, I don't think that I watched that he got fucking hammered with that punch.
Speaker 5: But the the myths are that much more padded than the UFC. And Ben has taken shots like no one other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but no, he just takes a little bit that right one. Yeah. And he said that he was.
Speaker 3: On the ground when he when he took the other punchers different angles, he said on the show. And he says something that kind of makes sense. He's like, listen, I'm a wrestler, like I've been trained my entire life. If somebody like makes a move, I like, I think they're going to shoot, Like my instinct isn't like up. And he got hit kind of like the back of the head, like there's there is the clip. Everybody has been asking it and demolished on the ground, but it's totally different. It's like he knows the punchers are coming. He's getting like elbowed. He this is he didn't strike me as the type of guy who would be there to like embarrass himsel well.
Speaker 4: I think because he went on his show like the day after, right, yep, And the way he was talking is like, I mean, this seemed like he took it serious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys don't understand. I walk around. He was talking about his weight deal and everything.
Speaker 4: He's like, I naturally look around the hips walking around at a heavier weight.
Speaker 1: He looked tough. And then yeah, but he can't. He can't.
Speaker 3: He's not a boxer, like everybody said that.
Speaker 1: He's not.
Speaker 3: He's a wrestler who is not really credible. That but power is power.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like I have power, I can't box. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I agree with Jake Paul is brilliant because he's getting the pay per view. Why would you fight anybody who poses a threat if people keep buying, if you can keep finding guys. Because it started with the NBA guy Robinson's like, oh, well he's a pro athlete, so he may be quick. Trouble guy's never box. Then you fight a guy with an MM A PA, what's up?
Speaker 1: It was a parent that he couldn't buy, right, and then an MMA.
Speaker 3: Guys like, well he's been like the odds on that fight weren't that great. It was like one sixty. It wasn't like he was a huge face.
Speaker 5: It was it because like they really didn't know, like what the matchup was really bringing up or was that close?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I think they didn't know. It's like he's an MMA guy, a world class like fighter. He's been in fights before, he's in you know. The problem is gonna be who's next? How do you keep finding these guys? Like we were talking to Biz the other day, like, I bet I would actually.
Speaker 1: Hockey guy, the solid so I think would beat him.
Speaker 3: But does Biz bring enough? He needs people like Jake's so big. You don't want to fight somebody where you're in danger of losing, because then that's the end of it. But you need somebody who brings the.
Speaker 1: This isn't a big guy though. When he was in the I beat him.
Speaker 3: This is a fighter business a small guy, right, but a hockey fight.
Speaker 1: We're talking hockey fighter though. Yeah, I was at the game of the night. There's a couple of I'm not saying he's not a badass.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, like, and there's no training.
Speaker 1: Is big?
Speaker 5: I mean because when he was in the pot in Arizona, I didn't think he was coming.
Speaker 1: He's tall, he's tall, lanky that way. I guess if he's fighting Jake yea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sitting here thinking like, but the way he's sixteen when he played, probably he's probably when he played.
Speaker 1: Kind of a big guy. He goes, I think he's around one ninety when.
Speaker 3: I know, no way, wait, no way, really yeah, no way.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't when I was looking at Biz, I didn't. I wouldn't look like, Okay, this guy opposes a threat as a fighter. Yeah, you know what I'm saying on land because fighting in hockey is totally different. There's no footwork involved, totally, It's it's a way different game. I can go fight.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Spider, can you skate.
Speaker 5: Let's assume yes, he could beat my ass if he could skate, right, but it's a totally different game. When he get in the grounds, I don't know. He didn't see that bait. To me, he didn't seem like a big dude.
Speaker 3: I mean, people, Biz has a falling. It's an interesting an awesome fight that is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that is something I would tune for, and I'd be all about Paul, like, let's go buddy, you'd be all, okay, okay, okay about bizz Okay, you'd be rooting for Jacob business.
Speaker 1: Just oh yeah, I can see what that came out.
Speaker 3: Guy's first name right like bus is just as like talented, like talking ship and be on the mic. He'd be very good at building it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love the way Canadians talk ship. Let's sat this last ad read. I found an incredible website that you have to check out. Nuts dot com. Thank you Nuts for sponsoring this episode. Is the best kept secret of savvy snackers across the country. Talk nuts dot com isn't just for nut lovers, It's your one stop online pantry shop.
Speaker 1: I got a box of this stuff the other day.
Speaker 4: That everything they have, like this white chocolate, these white chocolate Macadamian nuts, these dark chocolate gummy bears, different packs, variety of nuts all over the place. It's amazing the simple and convenient way to have nutritious, delicious and healthy nuts, dried fruit, flowers, grains, and so many other high quality foods delivered straight.
Speaker 1: To your door.
Speaker 4: Over four thousand products to choose from, delicious, healthy, kid family snacks like dried strawberries and custom trail mix plus all the raw, organic, roasted, salted, and candied nuts you can imagine, even chocolate dip nuts. Easy to navigate website with great photos of the products. A family run business that takes great pride in getting you the freshest nuts available. Nuts dot com is your one stop online pantry shop. Gluten free and vegan options also available. Delivery is fast, most orders ship the same day, fresher products than the supermarket um New nuts dot com customers get free shipping on your first order when you text barstool to sixty four thousand. So text barstool b A R S T O O L to sixty four thousand to get free shipping on your first order.
Speaker 1: From nuts dot com. You have to do sixty four dash Terms ofply available in nets dot com.
Speaker 4: Please read sixty four thousand for all mentions.
Speaker 1: Oh nice, you know what? You know? What else?
Speaker 3: So you guys, when you're like, oh the the is there a conflict of interest at barstool? Whoever sold this unless there's something I don't know is a moron?
Speaker 1: Why is that?
Speaker 3: Because I am like a known nut person, like pistachios, like I die for pistachios. If our salesperson had any sense of awareness, this would be an ad for me. I've actually bought nuts dot com and talked about it, and these fools are giving them to you.
Speaker 1: So when you think before you get you jealous. Are you jealous?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not jealous. But when people are like, oh, there's something going on. Our salespeople dumb in a lot of respects, like you have the top guy. This is like I've done like videos of taste tests of like pistachios, like wonderful pistachios. If you like wonderful pistachios, I think you're trash. I won't even look you in the eye, Like I can't take who somebody in the draft? Can't they like who? Somebody didn't ad for wonderful pistachios before the draft and it's like, oh, I hope nobody drafts this fucking loser.
Speaker 1: I forget who it was.
Speaker 3: So I'm adamant about my nuts, Like we've had people send them, try them, and then we give the nuts add to you guys.
Speaker 4: It makes no sense, right I you know, listen, listen you are yeah, yeah, maybe they had a budget.
Speaker 1: Who is the sales rep? Do we know for that I'm gonna find out.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get an unfortunate phone.
Speaker 1: Call that who sells our stuff? Who? Yeah, I think it's MB. That's tough. This is gonna be a tough call.
Speaker 3: MB said no, but she's not a salesperson. She's a sales like. She's account That's what I'm saying. We have a couple of people that just work on our stuff that we talked to out of MB is awesome, So I doubt it's her. Did you sell who sells nuts dot com? It's probably sausage.
Speaker 1: Someone's getting that the hands over nuts dot com dot com?
Speaker 3: Good for you, it's crazy. Well, I like things that I'm interested in. One of them happens to be like pistachio.
Speaker 1: Yeah they are. They are very fucking good.
Speaker 5: Speaking of things you're interested in, pizza like where it was Nashville?
Speaker 1: Did it hold the candle?
Speaker 3: Two very good spots. Yeah, I'm supposed to go two more. We talked about a little bit before I think we were recording, but Will tried to like forbid me from going on.
Speaker 1: That was a hard thing to walk into. That was a hard thing to walk into. It. That was hard. I was not trying. We can cut it. But where'd you go?
Speaker 3: I went to Joey's House of Pizza and five points.
Speaker 1: I liked it a lot. Wow, he was He's a big five points.
Speaker 3: Very traditional, like you're not it. I could eat it every day. This Joey's is heavy but good. It was light good. It felt like a very traditional New York pie. Thought it was very good. No, the other two that I want to go to were the bakery, Disano's Bakery.
Speaker 1: People love disos, people hit disos, and then there's a new one. Do you remember? Slim and Husky. That's that would have been a solid one to go to. So those are the other two. We'll see what we do. Someone is like a flat bread place, right, Yeah, that's a that's a bill and Huskies.
Speaker 4: That's the one that I didn't want to give you that one because it's like a build your own.
Speaker 3: What do you mean you build you And you can't just say cheese and be done with it.
Speaker 4: No, I think you can't. I think you can't say cheese. I don't been it's a good spot. You just it's it's like a it's like an an pizza.
Speaker 1: And and one. Yeah, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Somebody told me the two guys are like met in jail or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, oh yeah, they have a they have a big history. Yeah, because its black owned. They started over and what was the where was the first one?
Speaker 1: The guy driving us.
Speaker 4: Was, Yeah, in North Nashville, and they just opened another one downtown locations.
Speaker 3: So those of the two will see what happens. I mean, there's this was great. I've done so much pizza, like the Joey's House of Pizza. So the family, the husband, the wife, the son, and the mother, we're all working there, which I love. I love ones like family running the Stephanie was the one who banned me, was working a million miles per hour. But I mean she was happy I was there. I think she just knew, she said, she watched every single review I've ever done, so I think she was aware that the type of pizza I like is not the type that they make. And she's right, so there's only a certain score you can get to just because it's that style is not my style. So I did it.
Speaker 1: I ate it.
Speaker 3: She asked what the score was and demanded a rematch, which I've never had. I'm like, what do you mean a rematch? Let me make you another one. So we sat there for another forty five minutes waiting for another pizza.
Speaker 1: Did it change anything? Not really? Didn't you tell that to her face?
Speaker 3: No, I didn't go back in because I didn't want to go fucking round three. We got to get here. But their Sicilian slice was spectacular, the best Decilians I've ever had at Joey's.
Speaker 1: Yep eight.
Speaker 5: I gave this wowctic that's outstanding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is good. It was spectacular.
Speaker 4: I've actually never had Joey's until now. I just knew, like Blah Bloss was a huge fan, and everyone's how did you.
Speaker 3: Get in contact with the Stephane girl because.
Speaker 4: On my Instagram I said he needs to go to Joey's House of Pizza.
Speaker 1: At Joey's Pizza probably Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought you like friends with this person.
Speaker 4: No, they just said, hey, thank you very much. We would like to politely decline because I don't want to. They said we don't want the spotlight, and I was like, I respect that. I was like that sads me, but I respect it. So I wanted to just pass that message. Hey, they didn't want you come in because they're only open from eleven am to three pm, five days a week. They're not open on weekends. They're not open before after any of it. And if I get I'm thinking that the popularity he's going to bring to it, they just don't have, like they wouldn't have like the capacity to handle all these people.
Speaker 1: Mathiosa is at a place, can't the way.
Speaker 3: Not sure what piece of spots you have in mind, but Joey's House pizza. Mess with me saying that you appreciate but didn't want the spotlight. I thought you were friend, and I just wrote back. They don't get to choose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I love that.
Speaker 3: I mean, how am I going to go a city in the most recommended place? It has one hundred reviews on the app? I think like a fool? Yeah what Yeah, I'm not gonna let fucking come into Nashville. It fucking well can make me look what that's his name? No, make me look like a fool?
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, listen, before we get out of here, talk a little bit about Erica.
Speaker 1: What about her? How much she's influenced. Hell, she's just like the perfect higher for us. You know, she she beat like eighty five people, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So when I sold half of Barstool to a company called Churning Group in my twenty sixteen and we're like ten or fifteen people at the time, and we knew we sucked at business. So part of the deal is, let's hire a CEO, build out the business side, and turn and hired a very like high power recruiting firm basically, so we got I think seventy candidates, all male, didn't like any of them, none of them, and I met Erica. We actually all so had an advisor. So as a woman, I spent a lot of time in Nantucket and this lady was the CEO of Huffington Post. Also went to Nantucket, gone introduced. She's like, hey, I can help help through the early stages. Got a little share of like tiny little bit of equity, and she'd be like a sounding board for me. She was in New York, cross the street from where I lived. She's like, I'm in town. You want to grab lunch coffee? Excuse me? So I'm like, sure, I went coffee. She's like, oh, by the way, there's a friend of mine with me Erica and Nardini, And so I met Erica just by happen stance there and Erica and I just hit it off. She loved Barstool, a huge Patriot fan, and we were just talking about the business, where it was going, and everything she said was how I felt. And she was very different from all the guy candidates because she never was like you have to change this, you have to do this, you should do this. She's like, man, just so many opportunities, that's all.
Speaker 1: She's like, you can go anyway you want to go with it.
Speaker 3: And that's kind of how I viewed it. And then she met all the guys and from there it was like every step of the way, she had her own company. She had just started Churn and called I called Churn And after I met, I'm like, have you guys heard of Erica? And Nardini like yeah, she's great, Like I just met her, she'd be perfect. So they reached out and you know, she's been everything because I think for her in a lot of respects. You know, Barcel's so polarizing even though it shouldn't be. Maybe it's become less, but she's just ride or die like everybody else, like doesn't apply. I love it, like I need somebody who doesn't apologize when we don't think we've done things wrong, doesn't mean we haven't. But I don't want fake apologies, like, you know, let's do us and if we're wrong, we're fucking wrong. But we're just doing it and we're trying to make people laugh and we believe in like the character of the company, and she stood behind it one hundred percent and brought a degree of you know, I think when it was just me, people didn't know what to think. It's hard to do content and business because people had this They're like, this guy's a mad man.
Speaker 1: He's just gonna like blow me up.
Speaker 3: There's no they're not trying to take it to the next level. But when we went from Churnin and then Erica, I think it helped a lot to bring, you know, the credibility that you need to take it to the next level. Yeah, which is where we're at. Times one hundred.
Speaker 1: She's crushed it with the whole was that let them play? Yeah, that was great.
Speaker 3: That was Rigg's great job by him a lot of things. That's another constant thing I love about Barcel. The let her play will be one of them. The Barstool funds another. If we raise charity, which you've done a million times, I obviously tweets I may not agree with barseool, but you can't deny this. And it's like, well, how many times are we gonna say that about one hundred different things till maybe that's barstool if you keep saying that over and over, like say what you want about barsol, but this, say what you want about barstool, but this and there are always great things like that's us, like that's who we are, right And it was before the spotlight was on, Like I was in Boston during like the Boston Marathon bombings. We raised and we were way smaller. We raised two hundred and fifty grand to buy a guy who lost his leg a new house mark Fukarilli. We did the bombing at I think it was Pulse Nightclub Orlando, that gay nightclub. Caleb been raised like over one hundred grand every time throughout the history of barstool, where like a police officer was slain and like the line of duty or something happened firefighter in Boston and New York, we did fundraisers one hundred grand minimum every time, sounding like t shirts. So we've done it on and on. People just choose to focus on what they want to choose, you know, Tod the negative shit, yeah right, and it's not that much negative. The negative shit will be like I didn't like the joke he made in two thousand and four. It's like, yeah, yeah, the end one time we go yeah, a long time ago. Well, thanks for coming on bro, help the pod. All great work.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you coming last minute, being on episode one hundred. That's a big deal for us.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a big deal that I came. I realized there was a big deal one hundred, So I'm glad I got to do it.
Speaker 4: A good deal, all right, I said, boys, big shout out to you guys. If you enjoyed this episode and love and support Bust with the Boys, go to whatever podcast platform you're on and subscribe to us. Leave a review rate five stars. If you're already subscribe, unsubscribe and resubscribe again. It helps the Boys climb the charts, and again we can't We wouldn't be doing this and can't do this without you guys and all of your support. We also have a YouTube channel if you like. If you'd like to watch our show or these episodes, they are on YouTube at Bust Them with the Boys. We're also on social media at Busting WTB. You can follow us everywhere, go buy our merch. You guys know that whole deal, But thank you so much. We are forever grateful for you. The biggest of hugs and tiniest of kisses for the boys, always and forever.