Speaker 1: Welcome to the Second Date Update Podcast. We've got a brand new one for you today. It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning, and I'm just curious Alexis and jose you're both you know, like, in the dating world. Is it really that bad that our listener is ready to give up all together?
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, I'm not in the dating world. I've already given up, So I completely agree that I stopped dating a while ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my god. I think people go through phases.
Speaker 4: You know, They'll get on the app, go on like five dates in like two weeks, and then it's like delete for two months.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: Leaves of life. Yeah, definitely dramatic on this one.
Speaker 1: You're going to hear all about it, but first let's get to some wonderful listener comments.
Speaker 3: We love when you comment and.
Speaker 1: Let us know what you think about the episode, and also when you subscribe, it means the world.
Speaker 3: So what do you got, Alexis?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Zane Doherty said, I stumbled across some of y'all's clips on TikTok at the beginning of this year and have since gone back and binged all of it. Also, I can't believe it took this long to find y'all, and I wish it was an all day show. Okay, twenty four hours, my gosh, yeah, you know, watch what you ask for.
Speaker 3: Say, that's what I have to say.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for finding us, saying we love that. We know a lot of people found us on TikTok and if you do want more, we do do a full show a full hour every day, but that's on our full show main feed. So just find Brooke and Jeffrey. It's in the more like this tap. So thank you for being here.
Speaker 3: And sit back for a brand new second date.
Speaker 2: The second Date update. We've all heard of dating ultimatums where they put it all on the line and say either you put a ring on it or I'm gone, Okay, you have to pick. Is it me or your mom?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you can't have You're gonna get dumped every time on both of those occasions.
Speaker 2: I feel like, well, if they really love you, they choose you. But it is pretty rare to give yourself a dating ultimatum like that's it. If I don't find somebody by August, I'm just marrying my weighted blanket and calling it a life.
Speaker 3: Well, there could be worse options that weighted blanket.
Speaker 2: Really, it really hug you the right way. But I bring it up because one of our listeners says she's on the precipice of giving up on dating for everything unless we can make this call work.
Speaker 3: That is so much on us. Why would you do that to us, Jackie?
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's completely right.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jaggie, don't come in all cheerful like you weren't just doomsday in.
Speaker 5: The Yeah, this isn't I'm not cheerful. I'm just letting you know that if this doesn't work out, I'm done. I am done.
Speaker 4: This aren't very high.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm that desperate. I'm with you, guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're all starting off on the same page.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, starting at rock bottom can only go up from here. Let's begin by learning the name of the guy that you met recently.
Speaker 5: The guy's name is Steve. We went on a date like last Thursday.
Speaker 1: Thursday, And is there something that stood out about Steve or was it just not horrible and that's why you're okay with it?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 5: Yeah, pretty much. In the last couple of months, I've been trying to say yes to anyone that asked me out.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, okay, cast a wide net sort of thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm putting myself out there.
Speaker 3: Okay, like everybody tells you to, right.
Speaker 5: And most of them have been okay.
Speaker 3: With Steve.
Speaker 5: It was actually a really good date.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: I mean I could even see the hope in your voice when you say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not super hopeful, just like not the worst thing ever. Where was that date?
Speaker 5: It was really fun. We went to a farmer's market and we were just walking around, like sampling the foods and talking, laughing and having fun. For it was an hour and a half.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, this is good. It's a day date. Nobody's like drinking too much. I mean, did you meet there?
Speaker 5: Yes? We met at the farmer's market, and then at the end he walked me back to my car. And you know, normally I don't kiss someone on the first date, especially a day date, but the connection was really strong.
Speaker 3: Oh you had a cute first kiss after a farmer's market date.
Speaker 5: Yes. And then he looked at me in the eyes and said, I had a really great time and I want to see you again soon.
Speaker 2: That Yeah, you don't. You don't want eye contact when that happens.
Speaker 3: What you want to look away in shame, don't look at me. Yeah, you want eye contact? Eye contact is so intimate and nice.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 5: You believed him, right, I did, And I told him that I had an amazing time and I would love to see him again.
Speaker 2: And there it is again. What it's too much?
Speaker 5: I didn't do anything.
Speaker 3: It's not too much.
Speaker 1: He said, I want to see you again. She said, I want to see you again. That's not too much.
Speaker 2: I can see how maybe you would think that prefer a guy saying I really like you. It's the most terrifying thing in the world.
Speaker 5: He said that to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're not supposed to say it back to him.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, ye.
Speaker 2: Brook, I've done enough of these to know how to play the game, and being honest and open with how you I really feel is the absolute worst thing. You can see.
Speaker 5: That was not the problem, because that same day he texts me and he said, Sunday, does that work? I'll pick you up for dinner and maybe he can grab a drink after.
Speaker 2: Okay, I stand corrected, possibly, thank you?
Speaker 3: So what happened Sunday?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 5: So I texted back, yes, one hundred percent I'm in and gave him a little high five emoji, and on Saturday he texts me and says, Hey, I'm going to have to cancel on Sunday. Sorry.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, did he try to reschedule?
Speaker 5: No, he didn't say anything else, doesn't explain nothing, And so I just texted back, no problem. Let's figure out another time. Did he respond to your no no response?
Speaker 3: Come on, how many days has that been?
Speaker 5: It's been a week now, Okay, but here's the same. So this is the only guy that I've connected with, and now he's ghosting me. I mean, it's so unbelievably frustrating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it sounds like you're doing this not just for Steve, but to make up for every.
Speaker 3: Other bad thing that happened, Like you need this to go.
Speaker 5: Right, And I really just want to know why. I mean, like what happened right?
Speaker 2: Well, you said it's been a week. Maybe he's learned something about you in between that period of time, Like you don't have to answer this, but have you served time in prison.
Speaker 1: That could be hot though I have not.
Speaker 2: Is there anything that's available online to the public that somebody could come across and might be like, oh God, this is a red flag.
Speaker 5: Seriously, there's nothing that I can take of.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, this is definitely a mystery.
Speaker 1: Maybe he just had a bad reaction to the baba gnoosh, you guys had the Farmer's market.
Speaker 3: Wasn't able to recover.
Speaker 2: I know what that is.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It was just a hummus stand must again so.
Speaker 2: Hot, So let's come back. We're gonna definitely got kisses from her husband totally. We're gonna come back and call Steve for you here and hopefully get an explanation for why he isn't arranging a second date or let you give up on dating forever. That's what she wants, all right. I'm hopeful, yes, push you back from the cliff and when we get your second date update right after this second date update today, the entire future of a woman's dating life lies inside of our tender throats. Because if we don't say the right thing and get Steve to agree to another date, Jackie has already said she is ready to give up on finding love forever.
Speaker 3: Definitely don't need to tell Steve this, but.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that won't happen anyway, because they went to a far hot, you know, walked around, had a great eye contact the whole time.
Speaker 3: Soup's hot, see hot and organic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they laughed, even planned out another date after telling each other they both wanted to see each other again.
Speaker 3: You forgot the great first kiss. Yeah, that was such a big deal. That was like the moment, right.
Speaker 2: I thought when I said Farmer's Market kissing was implied because who doesn't. But yeah, it was all going according to plan until the day before their second date, when Steve texted canceling with no explanation and then went dark. So, Brook, your thoughts on the situation at hand.
Speaker 1: Good. I just feel like it's not going to be good if he's in a different relationship, like if he's.
Speaker 2: Cheating or well, hold on, Brook, how can he cheat if they've only gone on one date?
Speaker 3: No, no, not cheating on her, cheating on whoever he's dating. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: You're saying Jackie could be the other woman.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it's just like a day date.
Speaker 2: Are you cool with being the other woman?
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 2: We didn't say that? Okay, it is good to check, all right, Hopefully that's not what the I don't.
Speaker 3: Want to be that.
Speaker 4: I don't I hope it's just busy at other farmers markets.
Speaker 2: Scoping out the best spots. Yeah, the best cober Jeans or whatever. Brook likest a farmer?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Does he work?
Speaker 5: He is not a farmer.
Speaker 6: All.
Speaker 2: We've ruled out a couple of possibilities. Let's just call him and see if he picks up. I'm dialing his number right now here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Steve?
Speaker 6: Yeah, a man, Good morning.
Speaker 2: You're you're on a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: Oh great, we're going to take.
Speaker 3: That without any sarcasm attached to it.
Speaker 2: But I like your style already. I can tell.
Speaker 6: What's going on.
Speaker 2: Well, what's going on is this is a segment that we do called a second Date Update. I don't know if you've ever heard of that before.
Speaker 3: Nope, Okay, keep going.
Speaker 2: But it's actually a kind of a fun thing that we do where we help out listeners who are confused after they're not getting a call back for a second date. We try and help them figure out the reason why. And there's a woman that you went out with recently, Actually you planned a second date with her but canceled the last minute. Her name's Jackie.
Speaker 6: I don't really want to talk about this.
Speaker 2: Sensitive to you.
Speaker 6: I feel bad?
Speaker 2: Did I ask?
Speaker 3: Are you single?
Speaker 2: Brooks? It with so much help.
Speaker 6: Here's the deal, here's the deal.
Speaker 2: What's the deal.
Speaker 6: I did have a strong connection with her, but if she knew what was going on, it would probably hurt her feelings better less unsaid.
Speaker 2: Trying to protect someone's feelings hurt some more. I think they want to be direct.
Speaker 3: I think her feelings already hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because she was really looking forward to that second hangout and when you canceled with no explanation. Now she's just kind of confused. She was excited, doesn't know where she stands. We're just trying to give her a little bit of information.
Speaker 6: It's just I had a stronger romantic connection with somebody else, and I didn't think it would be fair to her to continue.
Speaker 3: My god, that's normal.
Speaker 2: Okay, everybody, Okay, everybody's on the call right now. Let's try and be respectful. And hear Steve out, I can't listen.
Speaker 5: To this anymore.
Speaker 3: Is a cheater here him that Jackie's on the phone.
Speaker 5: Hold on so he knows it's me. He knows it's me, and I know it's cheater. When I smell one O, you smell him.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, wait, wait wait, I think that's my fault, Jackie.
Speaker 3: Hold on, what I feel like I put that idea in your head. He didn't say he cheated.
Speaker 1: He just said that he went out with someone else and had a stronger connection.
Speaker 5: He didn't Yeah, whatever, he was going to cheat on me eventually, he.
Speaker 2: Hold on, you're making a lot of assumptions here, Jackie, and I know you're definitely hurt by what you heard, but let's give Steve a chance to explain himself.
Speaker 6: I spoke my piece. I don't have much else to say.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so you're just st I have to say, oh good, oh god.
Speaker 5: So when we were walking around the farmer's market and I didn't want to drink some water fountain because it's like public and grooth, he never offered to buy me a drink. What about that? Selfish? He's selfish and he'd probably selfish in bed.
Speaker 3: Whoa, Jackie, we are all over the place right now.
Speaker 1: I understand your feelings are hurt because this didn't turn out how you wanted it to. But this is not the reaction that you are gonna want to have.
Speaker 2: And Honestly, I've never made that correlation before. Guys not being good in bed, that don't buy water for their women.
Speaker 5: Well, you know you're also a guy.
Speaker 2: Well that's fair, and I am. Yeah. I want to keep it all to myself, Jeremy, can you confirm that you're a selfish guy? I sorry, Steve, can you confirm that you're a selfish guy?
Speaker 6: I don't know what's happening.
Speaker 2: I just I just want to know what's your take on this whole situation.
Speaker 6: On a day, I just had a stronger connection with someone else. I'm sorry, in your.
Speaker 3: Face, Jackie, you know what?
Speaker 5: He's rubbing it in my face? He shows over me.
Speaker 2: With you don't know.
Speaker 3: She was probably a lovely person.
Speaker 5: You guys, what are you doing? You're like spinning this to make him the victim here circumstances.
Speaker 3: It's just how dating works. Yeah, sometimes you meet somebody you like more.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's in a like a committed relationship with this other person. It sounds like just a casual date, right, Steve.
Speaker 6: I really don't think I should say anymore.
Speaker 5: Okay, you know what, really sad, I really wanted to see your basement. I never got to see your basement basement?
Speaker 3: Actually did he offer a tour of the basement.
Speaker 2: I was kind of thinking the same thing. I wonder what's in his base? No, how about what is she talking about?
Speaker 6: I have a movie room in my basement and we talked about that.
Speaker 3: Really, she had a lot of hopes based around that movie room.
Speaker 5: I didn't get to see it.
Speaker 4: Oh, don't a little popcorn maker.
Speaker 1: And I was all on Steve's side until he just poured salt in the wound.
Speaker 2: That popcord maker.
Speaker 6: You know. Sorry, it's a dope basement. And yes I have multiple flavored salts.
Speaker 5: Wow, you need to go, You need to show now, all right.
Speaker 6: Hang up?
Speaker 1: Okay, I think maybe you just need to work on yourself right now, Jackie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, no, no, no no, I'm deleting your text. I'm blocking your number. You're never gonna for me again. I want you to know you lost out on something really.
Speaker 2: Good, really good, really stables type of relationship. So, Steve, I'm sorry, dude.
Speaker 6: It's fine. I feel like I dodged a bullet. It's like I'm watching the matrix and my.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't want to hear from him. Okay, see you you're gone. We dropped Steve. Wow, okay, Jackie, Oh my god, wow.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no, you guys. Honestly it's fine. I know men, after that, he is definitely going to reach out to me like a little crazy.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's actually.
Speaker 3: Kind a little is a different definition.
Speaker 2: Are you saying you put all of that on just to like get him to call you.
Speaker 5: I mean, I du justed it up a little bit, but I'm legitimately pissed.
Speaker 3: That was a little bit I can't imagine.
Speaker 2: Blown. All right, Well, Jackie, after you take your hiatus from the dating world, call us and we can reach out to that next guy for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah. No, I'm gonna hear from Steve.
Speaker 2: You heard about that basement, right, It is pretty dope. Okay, I don't blame you.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to block him. And then he's gonna call me, and you guys will end up doing an update update on me.
Speaker 3: About your healthy relationship direction.
Speaker 2: This is gonna go.
Speaker 3: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Was it me or did it feel like she definitely had a plane of attack there?
Speaker 3: What happened? She said? She like what shausted up juiced it up? I don't know she did.
Speaker 2: It was purpose.
Speaker 3: It was an emotional roller coaster. I'm exhausted.
Speaker 2: The second he mentioned a stronger connection with another woman, she completely went off the handle. Yeah, but man, wouldn't it be something though, if after all of this she was right that.
Speaker 3: He did call her back, Like Steve.
Speaker 2: Thinks about it, and he's like, you know what, she's kind of unhinged, but I kind of like it.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I.
Speaker 2: Would have cheated. Yeah, just just right on every level.
Speaker 1: Only way Steve's calling her back is if it doesn't work out with the other girl.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I could see it maybe happening, and then it's like a hook.
Speaker 2: Sure, it's probably a less than one percent chance that it all goes the way that she's thinking, But wouldn't that be a wild update? There would be? Yeah, And I really appreciate her optimism and all of your optimism in your dating lives. If you want our help, we are ready to step in and call that person who isn't calling you back. By the way, go check out all of our second date updates. They're up online wherever you get your podcasts at Brook and Jeffrey