Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, twenty eight, Episode three of Dear Daily's I Guys Day production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into america shared consciousness. And it is Wednesday, March sixth, twenty twenty four, three six Mafia in the Building.
Speaker 2: It's also Mafia National Dress Day, National Oriole Cookie Day, National White Chocolate Cheesecake, National Frozen Fooda and National Dentist Day.
Speaker 1: So shout out all the dental coming in for all the other days. Yeah, man, you got Oreo Cookie Day. Shout out to a National Dress Day. It's just so.
Speaker 3: I think it's just like a day for like the finest gowns and dressed.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, shout out the dress. There you go, Shout out the dress. Shout out to dress. My name is Jack O'Brien aka. Crows are back back again. Eat these nuts me my friend. Rows on our back, Crows on our back, crowds on our back. And you know the rest. That's courtesy of the Great Chrissy. Ya'm a Gucci mane. I will say so. I am U thank you to the Zeit Gang for the tip on the almonds. It is still working out. The crows are still still putting out a little paper bowl of almonds every day, and they are leaving the plants in my yard alone. They are Yo. That was Jennifer Morabito on Twitter. I remember, like, Jennifer, you came through, Jennifer with that that advice of how to make frien. I got that from multiple people. Yeah, oh you did. Oh that was when I saw on Twitter some people were suggesting that I could just like train, like now I have a murder of crows at my disposal. But so like the one issue I'm having is I want to get credit for the nuts and so like I'll hear them, I'll run in the back and like fill up the bowl, but then they'll have flown away. It's like, you know, you like tip and when the person back is to you, like you put money in the tip jar. When they're like to you and yeah, there you go, there you go. I usually give an audible just gonna leave that there. Just a little little something for you, too, little something for you in the tip jar, in the old tip jar, the one on top. How close are you to wearing a suit of bird feed?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So there's there's no mistaking, like, who getting wh these scrumptious victuals are? Yeah, I don't know. It's We had some friends over and at one point, you know, I was talking to someone. They were like, you seem distracted, and I was like, nah, I just the crows flew by in the background. I was just just checking out the crows, seeing what they were up to. So yeah, I want to be friends with a murder. Hey, speaking of friends, I'm throwing to be joined as always by my.
Speaker 5: Co host, mister Miles Wow Aka we can snack upon the sweet teats with this box of spoons, watching umpah lumpa standing in a room we can't stand beside the bed sheets.
Speaker 1: Signage by ay I eat a jelly bean man, watch the kids cry. Shout out to Cleo dot Universe. You know Cleo, You're you've been in the discord.
Speaker 3: We a lot of banger fucking akas and I love to see new members of Zeigang hop in the Discord and just deliver straight up volcanic rock heaters.
Speaker 1: Then that was obviously to the tune of Santa Monica by Ever Clear, So yeah, okay, I wasn't familiar with that one, but you don't know it worked. You know the sun goes burn dirnt, turned and burn dirnt. Oh yeah, yeah you call that one. That's that's that old school everything. Yeah yeah, Okay, anyways, this is the pop it with your ghosts. I think that's like the first word that was ever clear. Hey, Miles, we are thrilled to be joined in our third and fourth seats by the host of the very fun true crime podcast Ridiculous Crime, part of the Ridiculous History Universe of podcasts. The show is true crime ninety nine percent murder free, like what about my what about my merds? Get that somewhere else, bro. And then if for the murds, you're sewing the murders, hang out with them crows, bro. And yet they managed to make a very fun podcast without all of my bloody merds. Please welcome Saron Burnette and Elizabeth.
Speaker 6: Fellas.
Speaker 1: Thank you for going what's going on?
Speaker 7: I was thinking about your your tipping conundrum, right, and this is why the mafia worked this out. You gotta put the money in your hand and then put it in their hand, and they know you tip them. They figured this out. They're like make sure they know, right, Is that.
Speaker 1: Creepy if you do that, Like.
Speaker 7: You got to be smooth about it, though, that's the other challenge. You gotta be real graceful.
Speaker 1: They have that tip jar there for a reason. Physical. This isn't an older solution to the problem.
Speaker 6: Like a long line at the bakery and the you've been holding the money in your hand, it gets clammy. Yeah, and then by the time they wring you up, and you know that.
Speaker 1: Every bill I've ever held in my hand has been moist, but it's handed over to somebody else. That's so gross. Also, like initiating the handshake after the transaction is complete, where they're like, all right, have a good day. You're like, yeah, man, you hand hovering up toward my face. Why don't you touch you to find out that surprising for you, it seems to be dripping water. Yeah, So guys, for real, though, what's your problem with murder? Come on?
Speaker 6: Because okay, here's my thing. The wonderful Ben Bowling and nol Brown they gave us this opportunity from the mothership of ridiculous history, and you know it's this ridiculous crime, right, and so we're talking about what are we gonna what are we going to joke around about and I can't. I don't know. I had a problem with making light of like the last moment of someone's life or the worst day of their friends or families lives. Yeah, and there's really not a lot of true crime stuff out there that's just purely like the other not not murderous.
Speaker 1: And I don't want to.
Speaker 6: I don't want to talk about Dead Ladies. I think there's a big cultural fixation on Dead Ladies, so it's it's easier to joke around. And everything we talk about is like, you know, we're all basically one bad decision away from being on the show, so like it's more relatable. So like I'm not one bad decision away from taking someone's life, but I am one bad decision from like being hauled off an airplane when it lands, you know, because yeah, caused a ruckus. So that's kind of where we got with the ninety nine percent murder free and people people are into it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they love the Dead Ladies.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it. It's good for the virus. What's the one person when's that? What happens when that one percent creep?
Speaker 4: That's usually me.
Speaker 7: It's usually because I cover stories that involve cocaine, the mafia, Pablo Escobar creeps in from the edges.
Speaker 1: I can't help it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, there's no such thing as a cocaine story without somebody's exactly there's no like murder free trafficking, name cocaine, a group that's associated with cocaine trafficking and the world's biggest cocaine trafficker pretty much the cocaine, the mob and vibes. Yeah, no, I appreciate it. I also I feel like you learn stuff. It's a great way to view history. It's good. It's a good history podcast. You know a lot of history podcasts you're hearing about senators and dukes and you know, the people who are in positions of power who are always boring, and.
Speaker 4: We're way more street level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, street level, just like a people's history of funded.
Speaker 6: Tell these stories and then orient them in history. What else is happening at this time that kind of informs people's choices and the weird stuff, yes on.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it provides context of like why would someone want to be trying to, you know, kidnap some kidnap some guy off the streets to Chicago and take his testicles you're like, well, you have to understand there was a whole scientific movement leading up to this decision to press.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well, we're thrilled to have you, guys. We are going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're gonna check in with a couple of the stories that we're talking about. Donald Trump is planning to He's floated a policy that experts whatever that means say, would create a public health catastrophe. So we'll talk about that and just generally how much people are letting in about what he's planning to do in a second term, because it's he said some wild shit. Are people hearing it? Not? Not really, So we'll talk about that. We will talk about a guy in Las Vegas getting stung on the ball sack by a scorpion, which this is a scammeror no scam segment that I think we've created specifically for you guys. I was just like I saw it, and I was just so I had my own feelings. I'm like, wait, this also works for our gu Yeah, yeah, yeah, we love a little bit of testicular venom trauma. Yes, So we'll talk about that. We'll talk about shrinkflation. We'll talk about the Kellogg's CEOs pitch for Cereal for dinner. And like I I had assumed he was just like throwing that out there, and the second he said it, he was like, ool, that was a bad one. That was a bad look. But this is a policy, like a full on campaign. There is there is an ad featuring Tony the Tiger that I could not wrap my head around from Kellogg's that just has him like burst into people's dining room and start chanting cereal for dinner, Cereal for dinner, and then like the family starts chanting that too back at him. It's like this weird, like thought stopping thing. I think it's all part of a plot to just make us more docile.
Speaker 4: And did start with the cultie vibes.
Speaker 7: Remember yeah, the guy out there in Battle Creek going don't masturbate, eat some cornfax.
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, he's always they've always had this energy, yes, and you know number one on the Colt on the colt like how to start a cult. One of the things you learn is you deprive them. Deprive your followers of protein so they're more docile, impliable, and Cereal for dinner would be one way to do that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but use water instead of milk. Don't even get that protein from.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, it's gonna be like thin oat milk. You're like doing skim oat milk, Like, don't shake the oat milk, just do the watery part.
Speaker 7: Of Yeah, you live with anybody who like put in something like an alternative to milk or water for cereal, like someone to put in like orange juice.
Speaker 4: No, like beer or like anything horrendous.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, you knew somebody like that.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, tomato juice was one orange tomato.
Speaker 4: Another beer was the third.
Speaker 7: I've known three different guys who all put cereal into different fluids.
Speaker 6: You're like, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, no, in this case is not me? And then do they have any chance of parole or they're on No, they're all currently locked up, so we don't have to worry about them. So okay, right, right, right, Yeah, you're trying to kidnap Jimmy Hendrix.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't believe in the CARCO system, but there's some things I'm like, those people are dangerous, are dangerous.
Speaker 4: That's just not right minded, all right, But before we.
Speaker 1: Get to any of it, we do like to ask our guests, Zaren Elizabeth, what is something from your search history that is revealing about who you are? Or what is one of the most recent things that you have screencapped that is revealing about who you are? Elizabeth Ladies.
Speaker 6: First, oh, thank you, sir. I was just looking and I was doing an image search yesterday psychic horses, and that was for social media for the episode that dropped today from US. And then you know, I have I was looking at my search history and it's just a lot of like misspelled things or I go to hit the space bar and I hit period instead, So it's like, you know, BRIGATONI dot pasta dot recipe.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So anyway, that's that's not thrilling, Yeah, not particularly thrilling. But psychic horses.
Speaker 1: Psychic horses are a common scam, right.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, They're everywhere. I can't leave the house without, you know, every day sign the front.
Speaker 4: You know, you never hear about like a psychic beaver. You don't hear about a prognosticating owl.
Speaker 1: No, it's always courses. Yeah, and why don't we give dogs because dogs also, Like, isn't the way that the scam is pulled off? A lot of the time communication between like unspoken communication between owner between human and horse.
Speaker 6: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 4: So it's called the clever Hans effect.
Speaker 1: Actually yeah, and it like, so, why aren't dogs being used in this way? Is it because we don't like they don't have a mystique about them, so we're just like dogs are fucking dumb. Oh you think the dogs are rejected.
Speaker 6: I can't do this right, we're taking that lady's life savings. Now.
Speaker 7: I think dogs are jocks. That's why they're in the AKC. They just want to compete. They don't want to like do spelling contests. They're just not not into that. Man, can I run? I want to, I can jump over.
Speaker 6: They can't be depended on to participate.
Speaker 3: I think also there's probably like a power of being like hold on, let me get next to the horse, because it's like a animal that you're like, uh huh okay, like I think visually seeing, like somebody like embrace the horse, like, no, man, the horse is fucking speiting.
Speaker 1: There's something like inherently mystical about horses that I think impresses people, impresses me. I've lost a lot of money to psychic corse scams. So I'm just wondering where this is, where this starts in me?
Speaker 7: Yeah, right on the c Also, we measure power by horses. I mean clearly we understand the poll and the compulsion of a horse.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean yeah, I mean their tools of colonization too. So they've got a storied history. Is that true in the psychic community too, are they? Like this psychic has like forty five horse powers? So this thing's got a fucking V twelve up there man.
Speaker 4: The top of their head.
Speaker 1: You know, how about u zerm? What's something from your search history or Okay?
Speaker 7: So I was looking and i had a lot of stuff from work, and I'm not going to tell you my work stuff because it's all like, oh, of course you'd be looking at bb king. But the one thing that I did look up on my own was foreign accent syndrome.
Speaker 4: You're familiar with foreign accent.
Speaker 1: Syndrome, one of my favorite syndrome.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it strikes dozens of people every century. It's uh, it's okay. So I looked it up just because I wanted, you know, to make a joke with Elizabeth about it, because I just happened to I would I don't know the best way I put this. This that would be one occurrence. I'd be like, you know what, they'd be kind of cool to get, you know, I'll be like, oh man, it'd be really funny to me. But then I realized it would only be funny that one day, the first day it happened. After that, you're like, please, doctor, how do I get rid of this? So I was looking, how do they get rid of foreign accent syndrome? The only treatment is learned to sing. That's what they tell you because hopefully, because you know, like when you listen to someone who sings like the Beatles, it doesn't sound like an English accent as much as it sounds like singing.
Speaker 1: Day who developed an English accent? When they totally yes, exactly see you.
Speaker 7: They would be able to get rid of their you know, fake English accent by singing in American accents. They'd be like, okay, I'm back. But you know who had this apparently for a little while, George Michael, the singer. So he was a singer and he was able to get rid of it really quickly. He had West Country sent it's the English accent. I don't know English accents well enough, I wouldn't be able to say, ok oh yeah, that's not an up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that's not the big like step away from most of these people.
Speaker 4: Most of them, it's like a whole continent.
Speaker 6: It's usually like some English lady who gets like a really offensive Chinese that's.
Speaker 1: The class I remember that work whole Well, yeah, they all show on her.
Speaker 6: I was like, for real, like really, yeah.
Speaker 1: It sounds mad racist. You're like, come on, lady, like you're like, you're just a bad comic out there, like an extended bit.
Speaker 6: George Michael goes like fifty miles away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, Okay, yeah.
Speaker 7: It Also, it normally happens to women at like eighty seven percent to men's thirteen percent, So it's wow. Yeah, it's it's based on the brain, the broken region of the brain. So when a person has a lesion or a stroke, all of a sudden this happens, and then they can't do anything about it.
Speaker 6: So you can hit me in a particular place on my head, and we can try and make this happen much.
Speaker 4: More likely for you. No matter how many times hit me in the head, it's probably unlikely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, a roulette, Go get a golf club, next one, the next one? Is it usually based on something they have experience with, Like does the person who developed it's just like an accent they saw on TV. Chinese accent not good.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well sometimes it's it's not even that they know the accent. It sounds like the accent. Like there was this Norwegian woman. She had it where her accent suddenly sounded German to everybody, so they couldn't stand it, and they made her leave town. They exiled her because her accent sounded German. So it wasn't there was like so crazy it just her accents no longer sounded Norwegian. They're like, oh, you sound like a Norwegian German speaking Norwegian.
Speaker 1: That was just a couple of weeks ago, right, the one that was in January. What is something you guys think is underrated? Oh?
Speaker 6: You know what I was saying about this? Body bags?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the bodies.
Speaker 6: These are the workhorses, right and they and we go through a lot in this world, a lot of body bags. And I think people don't say, I mean, how else are you going to transport these these bodies? Natural disasters? So you know what it's underrated these of the crew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need those things to be pretty sturdy. You don't want any like kind of makeshift cloth cop coffa flops happening every now and then.
Speaker 6: Body bags come into my you know, consciousness because ages ago back when I was on Facebook, I got followed by a body bag company and I don't know why, and they just was on my author page and I guess it's like whatever, and they would comment and people.
Speaker 1: Will be like, you know, it seems like a threat.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I was like, oh, I've made it right. The bodybag folks are into it. Yeah, So I don't know. They just popped into my head the other day.
Speaker 1: If anyone's ever like been in a tight spot like for luggage and just travel like put their clothes in a body bag, that's like I have.
Speaker 6: A giant Duffel bag.
Speaker 1: Then you know it's like, yeah, hockey, you know, hockey bags you can fit all of your belongings. So yeah, I wonder if body bags and would that just be too weird to just see a body bag roll out on.
Speaker 7: The not I think in hockey it would give you an advantage. Have you brought that as your hockey bag? I think you were like, oh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But if you're under taker luggage terminal like baggage.
Speaker 1: Claim that it's weird too lumpy. Yeah, you would really need the clothes to be nice and tightly.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, DUC tape them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how about us?
Speaker 7: Something mine is a much much broader topic, just minor league baseball, just the idea of minor league baseball. I'm a big fan of baseball, but they have taken our hometown team away, the Oakland A's, And so now I'm saying, you know what, I'm going to drop down a league. I'm going to relegate my fandom down to minor league baseball. So I've been looking around. I'm looking at becoming a fan of the Modesta Nuts. We also got the fabulous Sacramento river Cats, the Stockton Ports. But then I was looking right, I was like, okay, there's got to be other teams that are out there that I can.
Speaker 4: Like get on.
Speaker 7: And I found all right, there is a ton of cool teams. Not just like the Toledo mud Hens and like the Classic Bowl Durham, Oh yeah, the Savannah Bananas. There's the sugar Land Space Cowboys. Yes, I could become a fan of the Sugarland Space Cowboys. How about the Omaha Storm Chasers. Yeah yeah, right, okay, the Lehigh Valley iron pigs.
Speaker 1: What Yeah, I don't know what what is an iron pig?
Speaker 7: So an iron pig is just like they flipped it, right. It turns out that this is like a steel person's joke. It's it's there in the Lehigh Valley and uh, the pig iron is actually what it comes from. So they turned it into iron pig pig. Iron is the type of iron that's.
Speaker 4: Used for steel.
Speaker 7: So they just took like something only they know about. They're like about this, that's a little inside joke exactly.
Speaker 6: I love going to minor league games because it's like everyone thinks, oh, it's so intimate, but the players can hear when people are yelling stuff. I used to. I lived in Las Vegas for a little bit and I went to the one of the games there and someone was heckling the first basement, like third row, all about like how his wife had left him, and it just kept escalating and people are like, knock it off, man, and he just wouldn't stop. And the guy, the guy could hear him because it was so close. It was pretty amazing.
Speaker 7: I love Okay, I would talk tough. I was like, you know, you can never catch like a fly ball generally when you go to a major league game. I was thinking, oh, well, minor league, there's I'm much more likely there's fewer fans. I got better odds, so I'm talking tough to the guy was easier to push over.
Speaker 1: That was That was the thing though.
Speaker 7: Man, Okay, So it turns out there was all of a sudden, like a foul ball and it comes rocketing into the stands and I was like, looking at the ball coming, I was like, oh, man, so I ducked because I was coming like basically chest high. And then right behind me he's like this ten year old kid and you hear the and I was like, oh, I felt terrible.
Speaker 1: They stopped the game. They like, bring the bell player.
Speaker 7: He comes out to give the kid like a like a signed bad because there feels so terrible. And I spent the rest of the game but like having to like live down like.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I want a ball so bad.
Speaker 1: Apparently not yeah, yeah, it turns out not built for it not built no, exactly. There was something that happened recently at my Inter or Inter Miami whatever the club MESSI plays for. An MLS. He like he tried to free kick and it hit a baby in the Like everyone was like, like, you can be like, no, I was messy though you got hit by the ball from mess You're good. You're good, yeah, blessed with life. Yeah. How about what some do you guys think it's overrated? Well?
Speaker 6: I think because I have to hold it together and be ninety nine percent murder fery all the time. I overrated is bulletproof vests, uh huh, because like you're still gonna get shot in the head or you felt to get hit in the ding ding, and it's.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, life changing either one.
Speaker 6: You're more likely to survive a lot of center mast shots than the head shot. So I think, you know, the whole bullet proofessing is overrated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about everywhere else? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Or knee capped, you get kneecapped, that's you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, that's supposed to be bad one of those people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, so that's my you know, I just I like conversation killers, And there you go, get.
Speaker 1: Gets you thinking, what about you, Zaron? Well I got you, Elizabeth.
Speaker 7: If you want a conversation killer, mine is gentle parenting or just generally kids I think that they're overrated right now, not like children themselves, the concept, but the way that people talk about kids these days, like, oh, I'm into gentle parenting. I want to respect my child's autonomy. Okay, look I'm not a parent, but I was parented, right and I remember this, and okay, you guys remember being kids, right, No, no, well you also kind of remember. I'm sure some of the kids total shit hits, right yeah, yeah, yeah, nothing has changed. So some of these kids out there still just tiny terrors. Well I'm asking if I'm at the airport and the parents are like, oh here's here's an iPad and the kids still being a tiny terror.
Speaker 1: Look, just talk to them, engage with them. It's not it's not difficult.
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 7: The fair, be fair, consistent, present, that's it. I'm not saying, like, you know, beat the child, but I mean, like, just engage with the child and said this, Well, I'm trying to respect their autonomy. I don't think that's helping. And I remember being personally a problem child. It was always the tough teachers that I loved. It was always the people who were like, look I expect more of you, and I'm like looking back, they really did raise the.
Speaker 4: Bar for me.
Speaker 7: Anybody who played down to me. I was like, okay, I can play them like a chump. I think that these other kids are thinking the same thing. Nothing has changed, So I'm saying, let's maybe raise our bar for kidz a little.
Speaker 1: That's all, you know. Maybe I'm parents children noticly mean or just expect more. You'll be like, hey, come on now, act like you've been here. Yeah, he act like you've been here. Called their last name, Act like you've been here before there. Yeah, I didn't like. Yeah, the the iPad parenting is definitely oh yeah, it's a temptation that is always there. It's like you can just immediately give your child the equivalent of a very powerful tranquilizer exactly at any time during that day. Yeah, and they're constantly begging for it. Give me the track, daddy. Like, on the other hand, there's a reason, like tranquilizers have been around for a while. We don't do that because it's unhealthy for them. Yeah. Yeah, especially on flights, like in when you travel with a kid, it's it's the one thing.
Speaker 7: It's it's more like when they're waiting for the plane, like when they're in the gate, the kids are running around and like knocking into old ladies and stuff. I'm like, yeah, all right, well come on, we all saw that four year old is going to take out the old lady. I mean, come on to come on with daddy. I understand the kid needs to run before he gets on the plane, but maybe run with them, you know, run down escalator.
Speaker 1: I don't know, yeah, exactly. Like, let's try and get into a secured area that only TSA employees get you on no flylist. Teach him about form tackling. Wrap up low son, because you do always hear people be like, what do you want me to do?
Speaker 4: They're like their third kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, kid, man, I get that in some context when my kids are having fun, But like I've seen times where like kids are like trying to go into like the kitchen of a restaurant, and there are literal boundaries that kid he just he's trying to kick in the pilot's door, no cockpit. Oh, come on, he's a kid. Let him get some hours in on the frio lager.
Speaker 7: Yeah all right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and we'll talk about that.
Speaker 1: You guys, seeing that Donald Trump. Guy heard what is with this guy? All right, we'll be right back and we're back. And yeah, you guys, Donald Trump, yes you heard about this?
Speaker 6: No tell me more.
Speaker 1: So this campaign occasionally is feeling like just keeping a running tally of the deranged soundbites from each candidate. However, this weekend Trump was really like putting some numbers on the board. He referred to the country of Argentina as a great guy called Biden. Obama likened migrants to Hannibal Lecter from Silence of the Lambs. He said, they're rough people in many cases, from jail's prisons, from mental institutions, insane asylums, you know, insane asylums. That's Silence of the Lambs stuff. Hannibal elector anybody know Hannibal Lecter, Like he said he had to serve the audience. Anybody heard of him. Well, he's like a fucking comic. He's just doing credible well.
Speaker 3: And then he also had a lot of trouble. I mean, he also had a lot of speaking errors too. He was running up the score on like trying to say things as well. But hey, that's he's such a part of the campaign from all yeah.
Speaker 1: It's I think. I feel like every person during the course of their life has a certain amount of drunkness to get through, and even if you don't drink, as is his case, he's just like burning out all the drunkness.
Speaker 6: Now, well, doesn't he have that theory that everyone is born with a certain amount of energy.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, you just have a certain amount of.
Speaker 6: Energy, right, So he has that with drunkness too. Yeah, he's got to burn through it.
Speaker 1: It's also burning through it, just plowing lines of adderall. I think. Well, yeah, that's also has something to do with him slurring and not seeming fully coherent. But sandwiched amongst this sea of bullshit was a new concerning campaign promise that probably deserves more attention than the mainstream media is giving it. He declared in Virginia that, as he's been hinting at since last year, if he has elected president, he will withhold funding for schools that have a vaccine requirement. Mm hmm. They were cheering. It was wild. Weep were like and I think some people were like, wait, I think that's bad. Wait.
Speaker 7: Second, which he kept to general like not just COVID, he means like everything mmo, or like anything.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I think he's playing to a crowd that would probably not distinguish between those they would. Hey, they're not saying you can't get the vaccine. They're just saying they want their freedom as Americans do not get a vaccine. Bringing back polio to practice a vaccine safety is like the fucking phrasing that you hear with these people.
Speaker 4: You know, we haven't said rubella in a long time.
Speaker 6: It's a beautiful thing, right, measles is running rams?
Speaker 1: What about mumps? Yeah, but I'm also hitting momps. Fun kind of makes me want to shake shoulder. Is even momps now that I think about it, it's I don't know, I don't usually affects the glands on each side of the face, these glands called okay ah.
Speaker 6: That's going to be really painful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, god okay, Well, hey man, freedom, it's all about freedom, bringing bumps back.
Speaker 6: Bringing back it's you have that that thing with the vaccines and the whole like science denial. But I also when they're putting it into the schools, they have like this larger plan to dismantle public education.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right place to put your kids.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, it's a two edged sword that works for them in a number of ways there and then like siphon it to like charter schools, will.
Speaker 4: Those privatize everything exactly the ultimate goal.
Speaker 1: But experts, which you know, we trust those guys as far as we can throw them, but experts have warned that this could create quote, a public health catastrophe for the nation. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's Peter from Baylor, who, like, you know, was like one of you know, really out there during COVID, like sounding the alarm and telling people about like what their risks are. But yeah, in fact, he's like, yeah, that's uh, don't just fucking cut the brakes on this thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I feel like I'd be like, well, you know what, culder herd, But it's not going to affect.
Speaker 1: The rest of us exactly. Yeah, we can all have mumps together, right, Oh my god, it'd be so fun team building. We haven't heard from Aaron Rodgers. I'm where he's coming down on this, So we're waiting to pass judgment. But you know, yeah, the real expert for waiting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just want to know, like, what essential oils do you use for mumps?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's just that in cooidal silver obviously. Yeah, I don't know if you've seen Mother God, but you kind of want to do something like.
Speaker 6: That, or maybe email oil is that helpful? I want to rub that on the steely Okay.
Speaker 1: Yep, and then philippath full of eucalyptus leaves and just read that. Yeah, anyway, but these are all things that we can do to fight off the coming I don't know retro pandemic that's coming anyway. But despite all this stuff, it looks like voters are pretty chill about Trump being not being a dictator or being one. They don't know, because a lot of the Biden campaign, like their electoral messaging, is their strategy hinges on Biden reminding voters that Trump is indeed a wacky piece of shit that is bad for America, and they've been very explicit about this, and that makes the findings of a recent poll a little unsettling.
Speaker 3: There was a poll that was asking people in swing states that was specifically designed to only include people that potentially actually vote for Biden, meaning no one who voted Trump for in twenty twenty was, you know, none of their answers were taking into the analysis or people that believe the election was stolen. Those people's answers were also left out of the analysis, so again, these are voters in.
Speaker 1: Swing states that potentially could vote for Biden. The poll asked these people about ten of Trump's quote most authoritarian statements, things like he would how he would like terminate parts of the Constitution, that immigrants are poisoning the blood of our country, his vow to pardon January sixth rioters that promise to prosecute the Biden family with no evidence, his threat to quote inflict mass persecution on the quote vermin opposition. Only thirty one percent of responded said they previously had heard about these statements by Trump. They're like, oh, that's what he said. Oh interesting, that isn't say he also wanted to like do it? Did? They include the one where he was like, yeah, I'm not going to do a dictatorship except.
Speaker 4: On day one. Day one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's when it was just day one, just day one enough to kick it off and then I'll let my minions do the work. But yeah, so not great if you're betting the farm on you know, screaming about how Trump's you know what, like what his record is. And but the I guess the positive news here is that when people did hear about this, their feelings changed. Uh, so people began to see him as quote out for revenge. That jumped up by five points after hearing this. The percentage you see him as quote dangerous rose by nine points, and the percentage you see him as a dictator went up seven points and a lot of like the accepted wisdom in DC is that like people already know that this guy's dangerous, you know, like just stop wasting your time. But this pole is otherwise about the third if people were like, huh what so at least there's room for people to get rightly freaked out. I guess is the silver lighting here, there's room for more freak out. Yeah.
Speaker 7: It Freaking out is a weird thing because you have to manage it though, because if you if you, if you get people freaked out, they don't want to stay freaked out, so then they'll stop listening to you if you freak him out for two long So you have to freak them out in in spurts, basically, right. And then there's also the problem is essentially that we're talking about this Trump issue. I think here's a good analogy. It's like a crime, right, You cannot go to the police and say, hey, I want you to investigate this crime until there's a crime. You can tell people what Trump's going to do, but they won't believe you until he's done it. But we can't have him do it because then he's done it. So it's the issue of we have to think differently about it. So there was this woman who called the police and she wanted them to find her missing I think it was her sister, And instead of saying it was her missing sister, she phoned in that her sister's car was stolen. They found the missing car, and they found the sister. They would not have looked for her sister otherwise, but they knew that the cops would go to find the missing car, the stolen car because they care about property and it's easier for them to look for blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Right, give us forty eight hours exactly before gone, forty eight hours, consider it stolen. Yeah, they won't come with all that stuff.
Speaker 7: So I think the Democratic you know, strategists need to think about the stolen car messaging of how they can manage this moment because they're gonna have months that they have to freak people out of Trump, and you do not want to turn them off, So pick your moments.
Speaker 1: They got to do a little bit of freak out edging. I guess, don't fucking go too hard boil slow.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly, but I think you just reveals sort of like to your point, like this disparity between how elected officials like wonks and like Capitol Hill reporters see things and how normal everyday voters do. Again, that's why like hinging this whole thing on telling people about how Trump could be as your entire strategy.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you also kind of need to do more to help people understand also what your vision is. It's like being on the dating game, right, and like you're you're courting one of the contestants and they say, oh, suitor number one, what's your favorite romantic date? And they go, let me tell you about suitor number two. He's a dangerous piece of ship, right, Fuck that dude, he's he's wold, he's crazy. Next to him as a person at the person who's like the one about to go on the date, they're like, okay, what about you the can we talk about you? Well, this guy's crazy yeah, you ain't seen suit of number three yet, so it's like, well, okay, that's like, what are you going to do? That's another part of the reval here that they really need to actually understand, Like that's good to sound the alarm, but you also need to give people a vision of the future they can invest in that, you know, and I know this is hard for the establishment Democratic Party, but like, you know, you can you do something a little bit more than the status quo. That might also helped too.
Speaker 7: Yeah, swung with both hands, like you know, use that right for the attack and use the left for like, okay defense, Like Okay, I'm gonna keep Trump off, but tell me what you're gonna do too. I think it's a really good point, which is you hear the voters saying that, and yet Democrats tend to, at least at the national level, want to maintain a momentum machine rather than like they they talk about the threats to what you may lose from the other party, as you're saying, but they never talk about where it's gonna go. It's just been Oh, you's gonna keep going the way it's going. You love this, don't you love stuff?
Speaker 4: All the stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's great. No, that's not gonna work the stuff that they claim they're gonna.
Speaker 3: Right exactly case, Yeah, because they've hit the sort of like end of the rope, because at this point, if they go further, they're like, I.
Speaker 1: Guess do we defund the police? I guess you would actually do something about the climate, like in a really aggressive way.
Speaker 6: I guess that's the thing. You got to be brave about it. Yeah, voters, they're not being brave about any kind of stance. You know, you're trying to play the middle. And I understand that. But when you look back historically at the big movements that have have helped our society, they're brave, you know, and you kind of go out on a limb. So it's like you're saying the one two punch of like, look at this really bold thing we're going to do.
Speaker 1: Ps.
Speaker 6: This guy's fucking out of his mind.
Speaker 4: Yeah. You know the FDRJ you like to fight and the program.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just want the FDR in the sense that I want Polio to come back. Yeah, we are working on that six months. Don't worry. The dating game analogy, I made reference to Rodney Alkala, the serial killer who was on the dating game and he won that ship.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the other I don't know what the other or the other contestant strategy was. If they I wonder if the guy was like this guy, m he's a murderer. I'm pretty sure this guy is wanted for murder, and they're like, oh my god, this guy's intriguing negative. Why are you guys like so obsessed with him? This is like so intrigued. Now, Yeah, he went on the date and the date ended prematurely because the person found him creepy, right, ah yeah. Unfortunately, in the case of Trump, on day one, when he's like dictatorship, it will be too late for us to find him creepy.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: But also the Democrats, why can't they talk about what he did the first time he was president and they then connect that to what he's going what he says he wants to do, talk about what he actually has done his actions, and then go and he wants to do more of that if they're going to talk about it rather than just wagging a finger and being like, you know he's gonna do because then it's it was like he's got all this power, Like this guy's just gonna get in there and do stuff. People his voters are a lot of the moderates. Can they kind of dig the idea that this guy has some energy and plans to do something, So don't give him credit for wanting to do stuff.
Speaker 1: Is it backfires for lots of reasons?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, dictatorship, I think like after you know, like like we mentioned a lot of people's disillusionment with the Democratic Party, is their propensity to be like, well, we promised this, but we've thrown up their hands like the howers that be. It's like you the president.
Speaker 6: Well, and I swear to God, if any other any like top politician comes at me with you know, you got to get out and vote, I'm like, look, bitch, I voted and you haven't done anything about it. Stop telling me to vote, because I keep voting. I keep voting, and then what at some point you got to hold up your end of the bargain here.
Speaker 1: Right, But I do wonder if, like you know that there have been a lot of interviews and polls with Trump's supporters that indicate that they're not voting for him in spite of the dictatorial vibes. But because of the dictatorial vibes and because people are like, yeah, it's time for something different, you know, Mussolini, I don't know guy. Guy had real energy, had riz. So all right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back and we'll talk about the guy who got stung on ballsacked by scorpion. We'll be right back. And we're back. We're back. And Hi, Hi, Where did you guys go? We go into a black void during our breaks.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I just passed out.
Speaker 4: I went into Phil Hartman group. Chat.
Speaker 1: Okayeh nice, yeah, yeah, nice. I warred into a crow and ate a bunch of a.
Speaker 3: Bunch of Wait a second, hold on, let's talk time, get out of oh man. But yeah, another very serious news, you know, maybe one of the worst ads for the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas I've ever seen. A man was woken up to a scorpion sting on his ball bag as he slept. I'm just gonna play is that in.
Speaker 1: Like perfect local news? It's just wild.
Speaker 5: Let me just let me play the local on his bottle bag.
Speaker 1: So this is I'm gonna just play this little snippet of the local news in Las Vegas describing the story.
Speaker 8: Man staying at the Venetian Christmas week says he was awoken by something, but sometimes sometime during the night, he woke up to pain that he found when he was stung by a scorpion in his testicles, in his ball back.
Speaker 9: I just felt like somebody stabbing me in my private area. It felt like a sharp with the glass or his knife.
Speaker 1: Michael says.
Speaker 10: He continued to investigate the source of that pain, and that's when he found something.
Speaker 9: I went to the restroom and I saw a scorpion hanging on my underwork.
Speaker 10: These are photos from that day, the summer twenty sixth that Farcie and his attorney shared with me. You can see the scorpion. Any idea on how this scorpion got in then? They never told you how you got in the room.
Speaker 9: They don't know.
Speaker 1: Did he ever tell you the scorpions? Did you tell you got in there? Did you guys see the man seated next to him, this lawyer, Yeah, okay, because anyway, so when I look at this, when I saw this, so I'm like, okay, what is going like?
Speaker 3: Is this guy scamming? What's happening? Did he really get hit stung on the ball bag. It's not a I think.
Speaker 1: I don't know how easily you can prove it, but I'm just you know, just from my cursory research I've done, it does look like he was stung by a bark scorpion, which are very common in Clark County. So in terms of species, it's tracking. The part where my ignorance is making me suspicious is sort of like, how do you get up how many how many flights? How many stories? Did Yeah?
Speaker 6: Oh I could because you think about, like I don't know, if you've ever worked in a store, like where you have to stock stuff and you open up like the shipping containers that come and there's all sorts of if you think about, like if the supplies are in like a loading dock and you could get scorpions in them, and it goes into like the housekeeping car or something like that, and there are some there's some wild things out in the desert, and so I'm not I'm kind of not surprised.
Speaker 1: It goes on a smoke break.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a hitch hiker on the pant Yeah, exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: I think maybe for me, I think the main reason is because of the way this guy's lawyer looks like this this dude next to him, like what he's weren't a Foedora and like j Lo glasses from like the way too small for his head, way too small for that.
Speaker 7: It looks like he's hiding from the European mafia. Some European mafia. I don't know which one, but he's hiding from them.
Speaker 3: Or he's having like an identity crisis in his late seventies and he's like, I'm gonna dress like an al Pacino character that does molly. I'm also gonna do get engaged in some frivolous lawsuits. So to me, I'm like, I don't know, bro, based on your lawyer now my suspicious like I was with you, I'm like the scorpion tracks, I'm not really I can see now as how a scorpion can ascend the many stories into the room.
Speaker 1: But the lawyer, I'm like and also like, I don't think this is Like he's the dude who's like brings scorpions with him and he's like, all right, now do your thing, let's get let's get a free hotel, stay right. So I don't know scorpion is the I guess the most more likely version here was that he was probably legit stung, but the hotel probably truly didn't give a fuck. They're like, what you gonna do, man, it's Vegas. Yeah yeah, And when they didn't offer enough money for his suffering, he was like, yo, bro, let me get lawyered up and go on the local news and try and maybe get a sum or something. It get what.
Speaker 4: Spider Bye doesn't sell scorpion bite that self.
Speaker 6: But he also he picks a crap lawyer, because if you've got a good lawyer who didn't wear the fedora and the j low glasses, you wouldn't be on the local news. You'd just be like high level.
Speaker 4: Age.
Speaker 6: My rule of thumb is don't go on local news. It never ends well, like, if there's a natural disaster, you're not going to catch me out there. Well, you know the earthquake, don't don't You don't don't see it coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were out in our on our street when it's just doesn't help anybody.
Speaker 6: So that's that's a good rule of thumb, And especially if you're in like a legal situation, don't go on the news.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think the only thing that was suspicious to me is that they have a photograph of a dead scorpion on the crotch of his underwear, which is so it never like they it was still like stuck hanging on there, I feels, and.
Speaker 6: Then using its stinger to to get him. Yeah, and so I don't know. Do we have pictures of his ball sack?
Speaker 1: How was he threatening.
Speaker 6: See proof that this actually happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because this photo is like, look, it's on the ball area of my underwear. Yeah, and one off, it's like pincers get stuck in the fabric. That's why it's still there. He's like, oh shit, they're not gonna believe me. I better place the score being where my balls were.
Speaker 6: Do I want to see this guy's balls?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: No, Do I want an expert to look at it and tell me if yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah it sounds like and when I've looked at how to treat these, it's like, yeah, you can go to the hospital, but also like it sounds like something you can kind of treat on your own.
Speaker 1: If it's not too bad. Yeah, yeah, my guys, you're gonna be good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, little old compress or something like that. But yeah, I just it's the lawyer It's just wild. How much like a like a weird, skeevy looking lawyer can completely like threaten the credibility of something.
Speaker 7: I'm like, no, have you seen that Casey Wolfman, the Chief's Aholic, the guy who is robbing banks so he could go to Chiefs Games. Yeah, his lawyer makes him look all the way guilty. You're just like, oh, man, you're going to jail and he just played guilty. So yeah, I think your point is well made. You know you can kind of judge a case by the lawyer.
Speaker 1: Yeah right. Guy just hangs out in the Venetian like blackjack table and waits for somebody to run by, screaming, and he's like, all right, time to make money people. Yeah, wow, oh wow, everyone's wow. He looks like Big Lovin is one person on Twitter. Lawyer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a whole little uh.
Speaker 1: He should be his own miniseries, right, all right. Well, Kellogg's is in the news for a couple of reasons. One reason, not the main reason. They have announced a new rentable Ago House of Pancakes, which is now nailed. The branding on that one. Yeah, Ago known for their pancakes, leg My pancake. It's also weird because it looks like the location for a horror movie set in the Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs universe. But the yeah, it's just a syrupy fuckshack that they're kind of thrown out there hoping that people don't pay attention to the other reason they've been in the news lately, which is their CEO, Gary Pilnick, went on CNBC and boldly suggested that families struggling with rising food costs should simply consider eating cereal for dinner. Yeah, it's it's actually it's it's worse when you hear the guys say it out loud, like in a way where he's like, hey, here's an idea. Here he is, here's Gary Pilnick.
Speaker 11: The cereal category has always been quite affordable, and it tends to be a great destination when consumers are under pressure. So some of the things that we're doing is first messaging. We got to reach the consumer where they are. So we're advertising about cereal for dinner. If you think about the cost of cereal for a family versus what they might otherwise do, that's gonna be much more affordable. The other places that we like to go is we talk about making sure we have the right pack at the right price.
Speaker 1: Anyway. So he goes on and like he has this look of like just dismissiveness. Well so we're just like we're gonna like throw it out there to him because you think about that as way affordable. He is sitting in a tropical location in front of a fountain that has a lion spitting water, like I'm pretty sure it's a Ritz Carlton, Yeah, right, right, and he has his like shirt unbuttoned with like a blaser and he's he just seems like he is on the verge of just being like these piggies, they'll fucking eat it up, they'll slop it up. They're fucking disgusting little pigs.
Speaker 7: It's very much to like, let them eat cake, but let them eat rice. Krispy Trees does not have a ship about us. He's just you know what you people do. I don't want to see it, but buy my products, get him.
Speaker 1: They're fucking pathetics, right. It's also like the euphemistic language that they use, like yeah, it's like, bro, this isn't you know a fucking David Bowie track. People aren't under pressure right now. They're fucking broke. It's like, yeah, when the consumer, we find that as the consumers are under pressure, and then they're like, hey, man, you sure you wanted to say that? And he came back it's like, Yo, are you sure that? I feel like the thing you just said could quote land the wrong way with consumers, and he's like, in fact, it's landing really well right now. Yeah, dude, here, watch him just go back around. He's like, you should you sure you want to say it that? You want to take that back?
Speaker 11: And you're landing really well right now, Carl. When we look at all of our data, of course, we would know that breakfast cereal is the number one choice for in home consumption.
Speaker 1: We understand that for breakfast.
Speaker 11: It turns out that over twenty five percent of our consumption is outside the breakfast occasion, right. A lot of it's at dinner, and that that occasion continues to grow as well as a snacking occasion. But cereal for dinner is something that is It is probably more on trend now and we would expect to continue as that consumer is under pressure.
Speaker 4: Consumer just step into weed and say, look, stoners, do you want to buy some cereal?
Speaker 1: Growth terms understood that the ship as a treat outside of like dinner or outside of breakfast, because it's like junk food. It's like a junk food people. They're not they don't think of this as like replacing fucking chicken, which is what their edge with. Starting, Tony the Tiger suggests.
Speaker 3: Yes, man, how about this ready for a.
Speaker 1: All right, so here, let's get to that ad. So this one is a YouTube video called Enjoy callogg Cereal for Dinner, and it's a family at a dinner table at night time with fruit loops, frosted flakes and frosted mini wheats and like bowls in front of everybody, a little apple and orange juice of orange juice. That's how we all drink it. Right, Let that breathe.
Speaker 5: When I say, Cereal you dinner, Cereal Cereal chicken?
Speaker 6: Whoa, you can have the night off chicken.
Speaker 1: Chickens okay eaten? Yeah. Yeah. It is like the sickest looking cartoon chicken you've ever seen. But yeah, this is like it's really thought stopping tactics where it's just like, I don't know, just yell Cereal dinner at them. Yeah, and then they'll start doing it because they're fucking idiots, man, Carl, I don't have to tell you this. I love just the CEO ship where like people where he's like, in fact, it's landing really well right now, Carl. Whoah, he said my name, we're friends. I'm good with this. Yeah, but yeah, what uh this is across like a broad strategy. I do think that it's the all the rich people have gotten together and are like we need to sap them of willpower, feed them low protein diets like it's a cult, and then they won't be able to they won't start eating us. They won't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm talking about so protein, high sugar, and like the corn subsidy of it all is just insane, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 6: And here's the thing too, I don't like unsolicited advice. So I didn't ask you, dude, like how to feed my family, So keep it to your damn self.
Speaker 1: And they're not giving advice. They're just shouting cereal and dinner at Yeah.
Speaker 6: Hey, listen for all those strugglings if you're under pressure. Tip, So I didn't.
Speaker 7: Ask all these calls to ether rich and making me uncomfortable. How about cereal people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the cereal If you're.
Speaker 6: If you're a quote under pressure and you have to like have you know, to feed your family. You're not feeding them like frosted flaces. You're feeding them the generic store brand. You're not using that stuff, so right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Twenty two, Kellogg's offered cash prizes for people who shared pictures of themselves eating their favorite kellogg cereal for dinner on social media. So just you go, you want, you want five dollars a picture, Take a picture of you and your sick little family eating eating our products. Throw that chicken in the fucking car, chicken, and then like the mom gives like a gym from the office, look at the camera. When when the chicken to take the night off. But yeah, I don't know. I mean experts again, these assholes. Experts are saying that having cereal for dinner isn't a great idea because less healthy and far less economical. That's the other thing is it's the like these people like did didn't even bother to think about whether it was a good deal. They're just yeah, they're like, I don't know, they're fucking lazy and tired. Just make them eat this ship. But it's it's less economical than other breakfast foods such as oatmeal, and even though eggs have gotten more expensive, like eggs are you know, better bang for your buck because they do have protein, which a shocking amount of your calories are supposed to come from protein. I just like discovered this that Like it's like you're supposed to have so many pro like grams of protein on a daily basis. I think it's like one gram of protein for every pound you weigh on a daily basis. That's that's too much.
Speaker 3: You're bulking up pretty nice, dude, because I know, man, yeah, liver king ship got you just looking fucking swollen, dude.
Speaker 1: That's right. I six chicken livers to get up in the morning. But yeah, I don't know. Using America's gaping income inequality is a justification to relaunch a failed marketing campaign that would force families to eat sugary hunks of dried corn for dinner because they can't afford real food is shockingly not panning out for them. People are so pissed at the Kellogg CEO that TikTok is currently organizing a massive boycott, suggesting alternatives to Kellogg's products, like buying eggs and using a waffle iron and get them where it hurts, get a waffle iron.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I like this threatened to use of a waffle.
Speaker 4: Like panc eggs.
Speaker 1: Huh, we'll take your spot waffle as it is. Yeah, I mean, kella, like we've I think they when they were trying to unionize, they were like threatening to fire all their employees and stuff.
Speaker 7: So that's the real thing. It's just like the Trump where it's like, Okay, I understand that we need to be upset what this man said, but the CEO also hit a huge anti union push, and I want to be really upset about that, like what he does as opposed to what he says, when obviously what he says in this case is worth being upset about. But still, can we talk about dany union stuff and bring that up every single time we're upset about this?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he oversaw like the move where they were like threatening to fire because people were fighting for a fair wage. He makes four million dollars a year and oh well so he's under pressure too. Yeah, and he's an I mean, do you it's it's not easy to afford tickets to like wherever the fuck he was in that interview on CNBC. But it is, I mean, it's very It really reminds me of the conversation we were having on yesterday's episode with Ed Zitron about just this rot economy, but also kind of locating it in the fact that the wealthy people who are making a lot of the decisions about what they're what the companies do that kind of drive a lot of our day to day lives are completely isolated and insulated from any sort of feedback from actual people. The only thing they do, Like he went on this show and thought it was a good idea to be like, no, actually, our graphs like say, this is fucking talking to the market. I was like, are you sure you want to say that? Yeah, he was like, Carl, it's a fucking slam dunk, my man. Just so confident and just like so willing to double down. It's I yeah, the whole the world of people making the big decisions are completely The only thing that they pay attention to is like Wall Street and hockey. They were fucking CNBC all day.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, because the whole time he was talking, they were showing a line graph of Kellogg's stock price. Yeah you know what, and that's him just making his pitch to the market. He's not talking to people like the people who would buy the product. It's like, hey, man, you're trying to draft off of our price gouging and kind of make a couple of nickels for yourself. Well, here's our strategy. We're marketing directly to pour I mean, I'm sorry, under pressure consumers.
Speaker 1: Yes, to eat.
Speaker 3: More crap that we sell on the cheap that we're Also we raise prices by twenty eight percent over the last.
Speaker 1: Couple of years. Aga, I don't worry about that. This means more money for you. It's double fun inflation. Yeah, exactly. Well, guys, it's been such a pleasure having you on the daily. He's like, yes, thank you for having me.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: It's been fun.
Speaker 1: Where can people find you? Follow you, hear you all that good stuff.
Speaker 7: Let's see, I've got a new podcast. It's worth checking out, very special episodes here on iHeart And then yeah, there's other ones down the pike.
Speaker 6: What about to Ridiculous Crime every Tuesdays and Thursdays and if you want it, we can go you can go to ridiculous Crime dot com or it's a really state of the art website, and I think it's it's it's impressive because it's so far ahead of what everyone else is doing. Yeah, and then we're on social media stuff I don't know so alleged Instagram. Every every Tuesday and Thursday when an episode comes out, we supplement with all the photos for people to know what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: There you go, there it is.
Speaker 6: That's where you can find us amazing.
Speaker 1: Is there a work of media that you guys have been enjoying.
Speaker 4: Work of media?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: Okay, I'll have to admit this week or yeah, there was a tweet about how let's see I think I okay, I did find it. It's said and I quote sad now more than ever that people slept on the new Mission Impossible, where Tom Cruise is told that AI control over financing culture is inevitable and the only way to avoid being left behind is to influence it ourselves, and his response is, nah, I'm gonna kill it now. See I'm with this. I all of a sudden, I am a Tom Cruise fan. I'm all aboard on the Tom Cruise train. Wasn't a fan before. Now it's me am I versus AI, and I'm into it.
Speaker 1: Kill that shit. Yes, amazing, how about you, Elizabeth?
Speaker 6: I have been Really it's an old one, but that clip from French television where h Serge Gainsbourg is being feded by uh what is it thirty some schoolboys dressed as the cigarettes and.
Speaker 1: The and he's crying, yes, and he's.
Speaker 6: Weeping, and I don't know. I just suddenly thought of it the other day and I've been re sending it to people. I'm not on Twitter, so this was this is other means, and I think my friends, my family are tired of me sending this to them. I just gonna watch it again, watch it again. It's so good.
Speaker 4: It's inside of the French culture exactly different French.
Speaker 3: That's high culture right there. That's just such a wild That video just blows me away though too. It's so absurd, you know what I mean? And like this song is so morose. Yeah, all these kids got cigarettes and then you have Surge Gainsbourg who's like just smoking, being like, oh weeping.
Speaker 6: He is just brought low by this touching of the emotion of it all. And it's like instead of him just sitting there with this jaw over like what is this No, he's.
Speaker 1: Having four or five cigarettes. That would be if I got hit on the head, that would be the accent. I came back with my bad approximation of a friends accent.
Speaker 3: Yes, say Serge Gainsburg would be. And you just wear denim jackets all the time. There's one clip of him.
Speaker 1: Performing Bonnie and Clyde or like, yes, he's like times lighting a cigarette to the song starting, but like he's kind of old and it like he kind of misses the beat and it's like real funny, was like, oh, by my cigarette to my collar and you like, sirs, babe, I love that you just talk sing and baby we love Yeah, Miles, what is the Workamedia? You've been enjoying work of people? Find you glad.
Speaker 3: You can find me at Miles of Gray where they got the at Symbols. You can find Jack and I on our basketball podcast, Miles and Jack got Mad Boost. He's like ninety Day Fiance, catch me on for twenty Day Fiance. That's the ninety day podcast. And also you can see me or listen to me on I'm the latest episode of Jordan jesse Go and the last couple of latest episodes of Behind the Bastards with Robert Evans.
Speaker 1: We were talking everywhere, Joshua, who was this Nigerian pastor who.
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: The show? It's already some of the darkest figures.
Speaker 3: Cool, dude, It's there's so many layers to this guy's fuckery. It's pretty mind blowing, like even like kind of skillfully weaponizing white supremacy against European It's just like, there's layers to this one.
Speaker 1: There's layers to this one. And yeah, let's see some tweets. I like, let me pull up my likes, but okay, here's one from France at Winge Wine tweeted fun fact, if Celine Dion saying only the vows in her name, it would be in the lyrics to Old McDonald's farm. And also at Gros v Mango tweeted the Vietnamese stunned on the French so hard with the bond me. If I were French, I'd be so embarrassed, humiliating. Yeah, look at you, look at you the stadia some tweets I've been enjoying. Tina Stephen at WNBA Wife tweeted why does the can of biscuits open like that? Is life not scary enough? And meth In June tweeted, how about you develop some mail pattern kindness. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page on our website Daily zeikeist dot com where we post our episodes and our footnote we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. This is a song that we think you might enjoy, myles, what do you think people might enjoy? So this is a track from Caroline pola Check and it's called Spring is Coming with a Strawberry in the Mouth. And this track is like super like it's really all over the place. If it was like if like a I don't know, like a two twenty twenty version of like Kate Bush but doing some real wild.
Speaker 3: Stuff with the production. It's kind of I don't know, I really folk with this track. It's super different and poppy but a little bit eccentric. So this is Spring is Coming with a Strawberry in the Mouth. Uh, And it's by Caroline Polacheck p O L A C H E. K.
Speaker 1: All right, we will link off to that footnote. The daily Zeik is the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio Wrap, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this morning. But we are back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and we will talk to y'all then, Bye bye,