Speaker 1: M. The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is nick shot streaming live on Dallascowboys dot com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are.
Speaker 3: Bill Jones, Everson Walls, and Nicky Spagnola Dallas Cowboy Sam.
Speaker 4: You know what I think that song is aptly named Stampede. The Cowboys have stampeded to a too and oh start in. Everson Walls stampeded into the s w BC podcast studio just in time not to be fined. And here we are another winning week of podcast here on Dallascowboys dot Com. I would say we are blowing out everybody in the league this week.
Speaker 1: It's getting contagious, that's right, getting scary, That's what it is for me.
Speaker 2: I don't like getting used to that.
Speaker 4: You don't like getting used to it.
Speaker 2: I don't like it.
Speaker 4: You got to stay on edge. That's why, that's why you came in when you did. Just we're gonna, we're gonna take it to the limit here.
Speaker 1: I cut it pretty close to myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's because of your long day writing about what you saw on Sunday afternoon at at and T Stadium. There is so much to write about. There's so much to talk about.
Speaker 1: And so much, uh real good stuff about a team that you know, at some point you sit there and you go, wow, it's only two games, but it's two spectacular games, specially defensively.
Speaker 4: And it's in the last fifty two years. There's only one other team that has started a season scoring more than seventy points and giving up fewer than ten points, and that was the twenty nineteen New England Patriots.
Speaker 1: It's rather amazing what they've done. And you know, the Giants put up thirty one points in the second game after getting shut out, So you.
Speaker 5: Know what, I love that because now it makes the NFC East look as formidable as we said there was gonna be in preseason.
Speaker 1: Seven and one seven.
Speaker 2: Then everybody won this week and the command is man. That was impressive. Comeback yep.
Speaker 4: They were down twenty one to three in Denver on the road and they come back and they almost blew it. The Giants were down, they were down twenty to nothing at halftime and then I think they were down twenty one in the second half.
Speaker 5: So they just come back twenty eighteen forties I think right, the Giants nineteen forty, the Giants.
Speaker 4: The first six quarters of this season, the Giants were shut out sixty to nothing, and then they came back and won.
Speaker 5: There next to it would make us make our win look less impressive if they if the Cardinals, the Cardinals beat them, they weren't just behind.
Speaker 2: They were behind against the Cardinals.
Speaker 4: We say nice things about the Cardinals.
Speaker 5: Border for this week we were laughing at the Cardinals. So I'm going to go back to that whole attitude.
Speaker 4: And the Cardinals almost one on the road at Washington and they almost beat the Giants. And now the Cowboys go out there for a second straight home game to take on the Cardinals. He got that right, Nick, They're probably wished second straight home game, second straight. The Giants had more fans there than the Cardinal.
Speaker 1: Wait, you see what you know?
Speaker 2: The Cowboys always have fans. That's ridiculous. Remember even when they were St. Louis, we got more cheers.
Speaker 1: Remember when they were when they first got there and they were playing at Sun Devil Stadium. The only sellout they would get during those early years there was when they played the Cowboys because all those fans from Al Passo right.
Speaker 4: To Phoenix was a game because it was closer to Phoenix than it was to Earth.
Speaker 5: What about Saint Louis, though, I mean, I remember being in Bush Stadium and just hearing cheers for us throughout the entire game.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you were Lisus Everson, but you played for America's team. It was Mid America's team.
Speaker 2: Louis America.
Speaker 4: That's right, interesting, all right, where do we start, boy? Well, the turning point in the game once again this week was when Micah showed once.
Speaker 1: Again once again, or maybe the first two of the first three plays of the game defensively, when uh DeMarcus Lawrence obliterated Breeze Hall on the first play of the game four loss, and then on third down Micah Parsons loops inside and oh there goes Wilson and sacked him and it's like, okay, you got your hands.
Speaker 4: From you know, Micah will be quick to point out on that sack that his teammates played a big factor in that sack.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you what. Soua cleared out either the center of the guard and there was a path you know, five yards wide.
Speaker 5: From him playing extremely well. Yes, he's playing an extremely high.
Speaker 4: Which, by the way, another sack, and he's tied for the team lead with Micah with three.
Speaker 1: And Michael always helps him get the sack, and he only had four sacks in his career going into this season.
Speaker 5: And you have to look at not just what we did on our first plays defensively, but offensively.
Speaker 2: The first drive.
Speaker 4: How about the coin flip.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's why that shot there.
Speaker 4: One the coin flip take the ball against convention, and I love.
Speaker 5: We are defensive team. We are defensive team. Our strength is with our defense. Everyone expected him to lead off with our strength, especially in the game like this.
Speaker 4: So maybe the offensive play caller thinks the strength of the team is his offense.
Speaker 1: Or maybe when five on the drive right, or maybe when or maybe when opposing offenses fall behind and they got to come out of character. It helps your defense out because all of a sudden, yeah, maybe we need to throw the ball.
Speaker 2: We're down seven nothing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, can't looked like they're gonna run they We're gonna rouse us offensively.
Speaker 2: That's what it looked like.
Speaker 4: It gets it gets back to what das ding they should be and it was his DNA in this first year in the league, and I need to go back and find my notebook of the first of the year I used to track that first year. I tracked opening drive touchdowns, and more than half their wins that year started with an opening drive touchdown, a mix of the run and the pass, getting up seven to nothing. It wasn't a field goal drive. It was a touchdown drive to start the game. And that's exactly what they did yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that just triggers your defense to put pressure on an opposing team. And then and if you think about it, I was saying, all late, Okay, we're going to see if this defense is approved against the run. Well, I would say after two games they've improved against the run because the leading rusher for the Jets was the quarterback with five carries. Desperation to get rid of get away from Mayhem for thirty six yards.
Speaker 2: And try to get a score in before the half.
Speaker 1: And the and the They are two running backs that we were so worried about, Brice Hall and Delvin Cook fifteen yards total rushing, fifteen eight carries.
Speaker 4: You got them with fifteen.
Speaker 1: I thought it was sixteen yards sixteen Okay.
Speaker 4: Breese Hall had four carries for nine yards, and Dalvin that four carries for seven yards, and then Michael Carter had two carries for eight yards. So they're running backs totaled ten carries in the game for what is that twenty five yards? Yeah, twenty four yards?
Speaker 1: Twenty four right?
Speaker 2: Who.
Speaker 5: When I look at teams like this, it reminds me of eighty one.
Speaker 2: Do you want a team to constantly run on you?
Speaker 5: Would you rather give up a big play every once in a while, a big pass play if you had the choice, if you had to choose between the two, and we showed in eighty one, you can give up some big pass plays. Of course, you have to get the turnovers along with that. But we never had anyone run steadily on us in eighty one, and it really didn't hurt our defense at all by giving a big pass plays because we usually came around and made plays of our own in the secondary.
Speaker 1: And if you think about the big pass play they gave up the sixty eight yard one play drive to Garrett Wilson, as DeMarcus Lawrence so eloquently labeled the play as a cheap ass play. Malie Cooker comes up and he either takes a bad angle. He slips and falls, and.
Speaker 2: It was slow recognition.
Speaker 5: You could see that as he was backing up, he surprised him.
Speaker 2: And by the time he saw.
Speaker 4: Williams Wilson Garlson.
Speaker 5: By the time he saw Wilson, he was almost across him already, and his reaction was too slow.
Speaker 1: Well, and then he slipped and fell, and he had beaten Gilmore. And they had cleared out the other side with a wide receiver to that side crossing, and the Cowboys were in man.
Speaker 2: And so did he beat Gilmore.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't say he beat him. I think Gilmore was depending on that inside.
Speaker 1: Or maybe that he was supposed to get him.
Speaker 5: He was supposed to get that help. I mean, that's why he's trailing him immediately. He trails him from behind as he goes across the field. Now, I don't know if that's by design. Some people like to cover from the outside with leverage, but that wasn't a smart position to be in as a cornerback.
Speaker 1: If that was their only play, that was the whole game.
Speaker 4: Answer your question, I like stopping the run. Yes, I like having defense.
Speaker 1: Because we saw last year what the downside was of teams rushing against him. Those two overtime games, Green Bay had two hundred and I want to say two hundred and two yards rushing and Jacksonville had one hundred and ninety two hundred and ninety four yards rushing.
Speaker 5: Along with some big pass plays. Right, so you'd rather douse the running plays and if you're going to.
Speaker 1: Be because then you know they got to throw, right. Yeah, he turned Michael Lewes, who, by the way, my lord, they.
Speaker 2: Had him everywhere. He was everywhere.
Speaker 1: And you know what the funny thing was, And I don't know if it was because it was asked this way or not. Because the Giants are the Jets. Writers were asking questions about the Cowboys stacking the line against the run. It's like, no, they're not stacking the line. They're playing man demand coverage. And they started the game off with a four to three defense with Michaeh Parsons the third linebacker, and it was on the line a scrimmage. They weren't stacking it. They were playing a true four to three. And then when they see Bell and jan Ye Thomas up close, well, they were in man coverage during those times. So it's like, Okay, you don't want to throw against that, well, try to run then because they're close to the line of scrimmage. But I thought it was funny that their players were talking about, well, the Cowboys stacked the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 4: So it was their players and not their fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was the players.
Speaker 2: The line of scrimmage.
Speaker 1: That's what I was wondering.
Speaker 3: If you're going to run the ball, you may break, We'll kick your asses.
Speaker 1: All I know is they had one hundred and one hundred and seventy two yards rushing last week against the Bills, and this week they went sixty four.
Speaker 4: Forty of that was from the quarterback. Yeah, basically, and we.
Speaker 5: We talked about how he could scramble. We talked about that last week. That was the only thing that was going to hurt this.
Speaker 1: I thought, well, that's and I think they they started to fix that a little bit the second.
Speaker 2: Half where they had spies waiting on them, well.
Speaker 1: And they were they were rushing like mad, like their hair was on fired and no one was staying in their lanes right.
Speaker 5: Ends were like they were going for this one point. All they had to do was step up, and he was just by himself and they're running into each other DeMarcus.
Speaker 1: At one time they did.
Speaker 5: They were just going after real hard like guys, put the brakes on and come under.
Speaker 2: And finally, of course they started doing that.
Speaker 4: You know, I think this week we shouldn't wait until Thursday or Friday to review our picks from Oh.
Speaker 2: God, here we go, here we go.
Speaker 4: You know, I they got one.
Speaker 2: Right, they got nothing to say last week.
Speaker 4: We should make it a Monday tradition. Maybe in the first segment on Monday where we review what we did on Sunday.
Speaker 1: I think we'll help me.
Speaker 4: Remember what was the pod pick for this week and we were picking.
Speaker 2: Who would score? I didn't take that.
Speaker 4: Who would score the first receiving touchdown for the Cowboys this season wasn't not the question. I think it was.
Speaker 2: We had several questions, So I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, who was the pick to click? I got great listen to click? Who who you have?
Speaker 2: CD?
Speaker 4: All right, ding ding ding ding ding. That's the winner.
Speaker 1: I think you won.
Speaker 4: I had C because we couldn't pick Micaeh. Micah's off the table.
Speaker 2: And we said, we said, you know, dak is going to be into what did you have?
Speaker 1: So you were.
Speaker 4: For the click. You got it written down, I have it, okay, Mickey's.
Speaker 1: Pollard clip, Yeah, Pollard some yards from scrimmage.
Speaker 4: Man, how many touches? Thirty two touches something like touches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see Bill had mm hmm turping. Oh yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Over time overtime.
Speaker 4: But the pod pic it was the important That is one I don't have that down. That is one that goes viral.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, it was that big the first yard down that Jake Ferguson, yes, with the first received touchdown of the season.
Speaker 6: And really for one yard it was very spectacular was and had by the way scoomakers, yes, one.
Speaker 4: And by the way, even the quarterback admits Jake Ferguson should have had two touchdown.
Speaker 5: All you gotta do is look for that, right you just look for Zach Martin, right, yeah, come on, where are you going?
Speaker 4: He wanted to I know you're talking about Heindershott on the run. On the run, I'm talking about the past that was over shut.
Speaker 2: In the end zone. Yeah, that admitted.
Speaker 1: Overshot or hendershot.
Speaker 2: But that was what was his name?
Speaker 5: The other guy who missed the wide asshole Peytondershot.
Speaker 2: No, that's the one who missed the white hole. Zach Martin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll get into the red zone. Off or not red zone, we.
Speaker 5: Won't be talking about if you just hits the hole, we won't even be talking about that necessarily.
Speaker 1: Well, there was another one too, rinc O'Donnell. When you're running the ball from the one yard line, I don't want to see any jump cuts. Just hit the hole, right, He tried to jump out and then lost two yards? What are you doing?
Speaker 2: I thought he was. Maybe that's something inside that.
Speaker 1: Was maybe that's what I got to text from Bill about Uh, Ezekiel Elliott.
Speaker 4: I didn't say anything about Zeke Elliott. I said what I said, I haven't Okay, Yeah, read Ezekiel Elliott's name.
Speaker 5: I know you didn't know, but you said Cowboys could use a bigger back that can get you in.
Speaker 6: Said you could get you maybe twelve touchdowns, about twelve touchdowns on the goal line, you know, a bigger back.
Speaker 4: I didn't say anything about.
Speaker 2: If you had a mean there be wink wink, you know, nuts nudge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, we're just getting started on this edition of mix Shots. Here's a reminder, by the way, we've got more podcasts to come your way, including Hanging with the Boys at one o'clock, Layers Lounge at two o'clock, and every Monday as well, Girls Talkboys Talk at four o'clock. We want to give them Thursday Mixed Shots presented by Miller Lyte continues in a.
Speaker 7: Moment, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 4: Snapped the press down. Who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll run full a French down. Just like football.
Speaker 7: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 2: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 8: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of fool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 2: That's what I like.
Speaker 9: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 10: Cowboys Football and Miller Lyte. What a pairing can cracks? A kickoff, tailgates, going way pass, postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday morning swag, Brisky than the Smoke. Miller Lyte and the two America's team playing America's greatest school Miller Lyte, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three. Milerberun Company, Fort Worth, Texas, Demitt.
Speaker 1: Shuts, Kate Posts Roofing and Waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: All right, we got so much to get too. After a thirty to ten Cowboys win over the New York Jets, a sweep of the New York teams by a score of seventy to ten the first two weeks of this season, say.
Speaker 2: Good, I can go into the offseason at least talking trash to them.
Speaker 4: Uh huh, got one more meeting with the giants here coming up later.
Speaker 1: So Michael Parsons, Yes, I decided they need to come up with a new stat You know how everything in baseball has slash. All the things that he did in the game.
Speaker 4: If you look at it.
Speaker 1: If you look at his line, he's got four tackles, two sacks, three tackles for losses, four quarterback hits. He has a pass defense, a fumble forced that he forced and recovered and would have been returned for a touchdown if not for Tomlinson's calf. He accident when he got up right and and the one thing got.
Speaker 2: Wasn't that noticeable because I really.
Speaker 4: Didn't say it was one shot of it that showed that. Okay, maybe it great.
Speaker 1: And you know, the funny thing was is when he recovered the fumble, he he was starting to get up, but he lost possession of it and regained it, and I was like, so when he regained it, he still down. Yeah, you know that part. But anyway, there's two more things I think you have to judge. One guys false starting in his presence, and then the other thing with him uh causing forcing an interception, Yes, forcing an interception. That was the other one because one of his quarterback hits forced an interced just.
Speaker 4: Like last week Gilmour interception was caused by Micah's pursuit of the quarterback, and in this one the same way. In fact, on that one, I think it was right after a sack, and so Nance and Romo were talking Micah and they basically we're almost isolating. Isolating Micah on the plane.
Speaker 2: You couldn't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he came inside right the center, just for lack of nothing else.
Speaker 2: He just grabbed him by his pants.
Speaker 4: But showed you that you I don't know that I've seen him. Maybe l T was like this, but I've seen a player where everybody in the stadium has to figure out where eleven is and everyone is looking for eleven before the snap of the ball.
Speaker 2: I know, once again, the difference l T was mostly in one spot.
Speaker 4: You have to go searching around.
Speaker 2: You have to find Michael and that's like searching for for doing.
Speaker 1: I know my other one was so it was like forced penalties, right, forced false start, forced hold because he when they got called for holding and I think twice on him right, and.
Speaker 5: Like you said, on that interception, even though he was being hailed, he still chased him out of the pocket right, he went to his right.
Speaker 1: And that's me because there was a flag down that they.
Speaker 2: Talked about it as it was happening. Oh there goes the flag.
Speaker 1: He was, I mean, absolutely amazing.
Speaker 5: They couldn't stop talking. It's like you talk about the quarterback too much in the ball game. That's how much they talk about Michael Pass.
Speaker 1: I mean it's two games. But you know, as DeMarcus where Laurence said two years yeah after what DeMarcus Lawrence said is that you know, this may be a surprise to some people, but we're showing the world what we can do. And as Dak said early or late last week, he goes, I'm glad to see some other quarterbacks have to see what I saw, meaning from Parsons in training camp. It's like, yeah, this is nothing new to us.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: The other thing that's nice. The other thing that's nice about this and what was the total plays? It was like eighty seven to forty seven or something like.
Speaker 1: That, forty seven plays for the Jets.
Speaker 4: For the Jets, he start, mic has started. The first half of last season was a lot like this, and I think that there was a certain point this season four years not to two games. And what's nice about this is he had forty snaps and a forty nothing win and the opener and forty one snaps and a thirty to ten win in the second game. And of course it's forty one out of forty seven snaps, so he played basically the whole game. But he's he's not playing eighty snaps a game, right, so he can able to sustain this if the Cowboys continue. Now they're not going to continue beating teams thirty to ten forty to nothing all the time.
Speaker 2: And although we'll take as many as although I'll.
Speaker 4: Give a little sneak peak my prediction this week for you long, long time Cowboys fans. This could be revenge for a Monday night game back in the seventies against the Cardinals, and that may be my pick this week for the score.
Speaker 2: All right, that way, we got to hear about that.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's the beauty of the snap counts. Yes, so vander Esch, Curse, Gilmore and uh Diggs Digs played every snap, but it was only forty seven so one hundred percent. Next was Parsons with the forty one, and after that nobody played more than Droan Bland's twenty six snaps, meaning on the offense defensive front, Osa and Lawrence were tops at twenty four, so they basically were out there for half the game. So you're keeping these guys fresh by what they're doing, and not only fresh in the game, they're not worn out today.
Speaker 5: Well, a lot of it is not necessarily how you designate who plays, but damn they're going.
Speaker 1: Three and outs getting off the field right.
Speaker 2: Lucky to go three an out.
Speaker 4: There were some one an ounce, So yeah, it's easy to was a sixty eight yard touchdown.
Speaker 1: So they had they had a possession of three plays, three plays, one play which was the touchdown, three plays, two interceptions, there are two plays lost, the fumble, three plays, three plays and then six and five at the end when the JV got in.
Speaker 5: And the drive when he kept scrambling, right, that was that was eleven plays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, these guys ought to be fresh, get them out there.
Speaker 5: They're really looking for things. I mean the commentators are like, oh wow, they scored here, so there werein two scores, okay, two scores and they're giving them hope.
Speaker 2: So I don't think they're really ready.
Speaker 1: They were trying to keep your intention.
Speaker 5: They surely were, because I don't really think they're ready for just how good this defense is.
Speaker 4: How about how good this kicker is.
Speaker 2: That's your dude's bag. I gotta get some love on that brandan.
Speaker 1: Off five for five including the fifty five.
Speaker 4: But it's not just the statistics the five for five this you're watching these kicks, yeah, I mean they are dead solid, perfect with length. Was that right?
Speaker 5: Who was that guy, Blake Blakeley Back in the day, the kicker from Oklahoma State Bailey Bailey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dan Bailey Bailey was the hell of a kicker. Well he was.
Speaker 4: The last time a Cowboys kicker went five for five was Dan Bailey about a decade ago.
Speaker 5: And he was really smooth the same way. All five list looked easy, like a guy that's playing golf.
Speaker 1: All five between twenty one and fifty five yards, made his extra point and again goes eight for eight on touchbacks.
Speaker 4: On the kickoff big.
Speaker 1: And he's just hitting the ball straight. There's none of this fade or hook, which goes back to I think what I told you guys when I was talking to him a week or so ago about when he first started kicking and he didn't have any goal posts to go out and kick, so he would kick at a light post and he said, you had to hit it straight. They hit the light post.
Speaker 4: And that's how it wasn't good unless it hit the light.
Speaker 1: He was aiming for the light post, so it wasn't trying to hook it between two uprights.
Speaker 2: I don't always like to be that good.
Speaker 4: On the fifty five yarder, Okay, I was watching on television. I mean it hit high back on the net. Oh yeah, that looked like on television. It might have been good from seventy. I mean it was so high and true and.
Speaker 1: It was as pretty as the Thicker Kickers sixty one to walk.
Speaker 2: We forgot about that.
Speaker 4: I tried my best, and the coach for Missouri tried his best not to allow.
Speaker 1: Him fifty five. It would have been too close. He has stracked him up the delay game six, Yeah, trying to decide what.
Speaker 2: He was going to do.
Speaker 4: What his nickname is the thicker Kicker, the thicker kicker. Okay, And so Missouri was a winner because he was over k state.
Speaker 1: He's probably two hundred pounds. How many kickers are two hundred pounds at that height, he looked bigger than two hundred pounds. I mean it looks like alignment. Yeah.
Speaker 4: What number? Did he wear a Ligneman number?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, what makes something like seventy eight or something like that.
Speaker 2: I just threw him a jersey. He's a kicker. Just hey, man, here's the uniform.
Speaker 4: That's it and grambling one.
Speaker 2: Yes, he did all right. Florida memorial.
Speaker 1: That try Florida the memorial.
Speaker 2: We said that last week. So we treated them like we've been treated off.
Speaker 4: We got three wins and show of hands who stayed up till one thirty in the morning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was so tired. I was so tired. Please win this game. It was good, though it was a lot of drama.
Speaker 4: In the motion, like j nor Bell's team in Colorado State.
Speaker 2: I don't like the chief shots.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't like chief shots.
Speaker 5: They seem to be, you know, headed towards that from the beginning of the game. And he when he sacked, when the Sun was sacked by number eight, that was clearly I.
Speaker 1: Just think I do that. Not only not only was it late, it was targeting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was targeted.
Speaker 1: And worst of all, it's in a overtime possession when they had two personal fouls in that second possession. I don't think I've ever seen that.
Speaker 5: Once again, I think they came from the coach. Really, I think that's the attitude that he showed them. I'm not happy with that at all. And so Shada was upset at the end of the game. You saw when the two coaches came they were about to separate and should do it like showing his watch, you know, that's the thing I think the young kids showing the watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what does that mean?
Speaker 2: I guess it means it's my time. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, but it means it ain't your time. Definitely, it didn't work for you, and you know, and he finally took it personally because he thinks that number eight was instructed to try and hurt me, and that's that to me.
Speaker 1: Is but I just don't think you do that in overtime when fifteen yards you're starting at the twenty five, you're just giving him a touchdown.
Speaker 2: And Hunter had to He's going to be out for three to four weeks.
Speaker 4: And that most critical part of their season. They play at Oregon next.
Speaker 5: What had I don't know, but that I clearly see it's a sternum shot. Yeah, well that is very dangerous. And the fact that he was able to play a number of plays after that and still eventually had to leave the game. I thought number eleven should have been kicked out as well.
Speaker 1: How about how about the his his line of sunglasses dropped on Saturday. Yeah, he couldn't see, so he was handing out sunglasses. Did you watch the game anything? At nine? So it's eight o'clock in the morning in Boulder. I don't know how they got that many kids up at eight o'clock on a.
Speaker 2: Saturday, everybody.
Speaker 1: And so they got Don Johnson on as the guest picker. I don't know what the connection between Colorado and Colorado State with Don Johnson, and they asked him what he thought of what Dion was doing. Well, he gave a three minute dissertation on all the great stuff Dion was doing, and not just from football, but with the kids going to class, the whole bit. And Dion's on set when he's saying all this stuff, and when he finishes, Dion gets up and he goes, oh, you high school kids, did you hear that?
Speaker 2: Do you speak?
Speaker 1: And I had somebody that would know tell me that talking to somebody that was in the recruiting department at Colorado. They've already had one hundred phone calls from kids wanting to visit. They weren't recruiting them. The kids were recruiting them already.
Speaker 4: So produce a supreme just in for me. I was sitting there looking for Don Johnson, was Don Johnson, Dwayne Johnson?
Speaker 6: The rock said, Don Johnson, Miami, the connection is Florida.
Speaker 4: That okay, people, we got to explain people. I was going to say, we need to explain to the younger generation who Don Johnson is. But the younger generation didn't. Ain't listening to the connection.
Speaker 1: What's the connection with Dwayne? And yes they are, by the way, you guys, you just tell them what the people at the Star Sports Tour reception, all the young kids come up to us, we're great questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they love us to the now.
Speaker 1: Maybe not an old guy on channel right, but we go nationally.
Speaker 4: But they really would listen to the rock.
Speaker 1: So what's his connect? They're Wayne Johnson, So what's his connect? Hollywood baby to Colorado and Colorado State.
Speaker 2: That's it. It's Dion. Dion has a connection everywhere.
Speaker 4: One more note on Dion. What I really liked in overtime? Okay, I couldn't figure out all right, Colorado had the ball first in the first overtime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why'd they get it again?
Speaker 4: And then in the second overtime starts and Colorado's got the ball first again. So I tweet it out, why is Colorado getting the ball first again? And then someone said, well, Dion won the coin flip and he wanted the football first. The conventional wisdom is you take the ball last, so you know exactly what you have to do, whether you score a touchdown, kick a field goal, or whatever.
Speaker 2: But I love it.
Speaker 4: I thought I was thinking about it later. That fits Dion's coaching philosophy with this team to a t. It's like we coming, we coming, We're here, it's like we And think about how much pressure that put on Colorado State to try to match what they did. He had so much confidence in his offense, kind of like Mike McCarthy confidence in the Cowboys offense and taking the ball to start the game that we're going to score a touchdown here and we're gonna put the pressure on the other.
Speaker 5: But I do have to say that, you know, Colorado State wasn't that impressive to me as a team. I thought they played well against Colorado, but I don't think they didn't impress me leading.
Speaker 2: Up to this game.
Speaker 1: Quarterback was good.
Speaker 2: He was good, but I don't know if he was that good.
Speaker 4: He's from here, he's from Aledo.
Speaker 1: He was throwing some singers.
Speaker 5: Touchdown to the tight end, perfect pass, perfect catch number seven missing.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I got that tight end man.
Speaker 2: Tough stuff.
Speaker 4: He already got it.
Speaker 1: Going to be in the transfer portal next year.
Speaker 4: He's not going to be in the transfer portal. He's going to be in the big green notebook into the draft. All right, we continue with nick shots and just.
Speaker 9: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 10: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite would a pairing can Crack's a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swag Brisky and the Smoker. Miller Lite and the Cook America's team playing America's greatest spool.
Speaker 2: Miller Lite the only.
Speaker 4: Beer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three, Liberal and Company, fort Or, Texas.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys and.
Speaker 4: They snapped the fresh guy who looks white.
Speaker 1: It's not there.
Speaker 4: He escaped left. He'll run full a French style.
Speaker 7: Just like football. When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 4: Prescott's gonna run this ship. Shelf run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 8: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool pepsi finish nachos better with.
Speaker 4: That's what I like.
Speaker 1: To mix shuts. Check out the latest and greatest addition to tours at AT and T Stadium and The Star in Frisco, Meet Jerry Jones, an interactive experience. Get a peek behind the curtain and into the fascinating life of Jerry Jones. With a focus on innovative fan experience. In partnership with AT and T, this interactive technology gives tour goers the opportunity to ask mister Jones a variety of questions. For more information and to book your tour, visit dallascowboys dot com slash tours.
Speaker 4: All right, we did review our picks to click and we all picked the Cowboys to win. Ever, sin, do you have a winner as far as who got closest on the score? I had twenty two sixteen. I did not win.
Speaker 5: Twenty six sixteen for spags, okay, twenty eight seventeen for me, so ding.
Speaker 4: Ding ding ding game ever since the winner got point well wow, double double victory forever since although you're seventeen.
Speaker 5: Was over well, sorry, excuse me.
Speaker 4: Margin of victory is what we're going on, right, all right, unless it's all the same which was last week three point wins. I think last week and so you go with closest to the Cowboys score and that was me, that.
Speaker 1: Was you with thirty exactly what so I missed by four and six, that's ten.
Speaker 2: You don't trust our offense like we do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you had twenty seven?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: What else you got on your legal pad there? Either from the post game or during the game pregame.
Speaker 1: We were going to discuss the problems close to the goal line. Yes, we mentioned a couple plays that would have turned all that around. There is part of me thinking that Mike McCarthy knew they had this game in the bag and when they got those possessions in the when did they kick off? They kicked two field goals. They kicked four field goals in the second half. There was part of me thinking the play calls that were going on, that he was sandbagging, that he was like, I'm not showing Arizona, New England and San Francisco what we're doing close to the goal line because he kept handing the ball off and handing the ball off and throwing little swing passes to the outside.
Speaker 4: Well, if you review, okay, eighteen ten game at halftime, so we're talking second half stuff here right, correct? Okay. So the first time they had it down there, it was the hindershot tied end run right, okay. So that was a play that looked like it was gonna work right, should have worked, wasn't executed properly right, And then it was a Rico Daldle loss, a too incomplete pass on the deck overthrow Ferguson and so can't you can't argue with the play came back for the first week, and that was also the Rico run that he tried to jump out right, okay. So and so was that my when I sent the text? No, I don't think so anyway, So it was twenty one ten at that point. Then it was the Micah fumble return that got called back on review, and so they it was a three and out, and that was the fifty five yardfield goal. So now it's up. It's twenty four to ten. Next possession, Cowboys go set many one yards in twelve plays. There's twelve twenty three left in the game when they kicked the twenty six yard field goal, and on that one was a pollared minus four from the nine yard line that Bryce Huff made the play on second and goal at the thirteen it was Pollared for two completion to Pollard for three. And so you weren't really right down on the goal line there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you weren't really you weren't. Yeah, you weren't like aggressively attacking.
Speaker 4: And I agree with you on that with your first the only one at that point, twenty four to ten. The only way the Jets are getting back in this game is if you made some colossal mistake and a fumble or whatever and they returned it ninety yards for a touchdown.
Speaker 2: Don't even give them the outfre So don't give them.
Speaker 4: The chance kick your field goal. Take a seventeen point lead, a three score lead in the game, and so there's no reason to chance anything down there on that one, right, And.
Speaker 2: Just that said, damn good Jets defense, right right? The credit give guation the.
Speaker 1: Last one after the curse interception.
Speaker 4: Okay, And on that one it was first in gold with six Pollard up the middle, nothing, Pollard up the middle, touchdown, Tyron Smith holding. So there was a touchdown there.
Speaker 1: Well, there was, And I don't think the hold had anything to do with it, because he pancaked that guy and pushed him to her.
Speaker 2: He tried to.
Speaker 5: He was trying to come down the line and he coming right.
Speaker 2: That could have been he may have grabbed him, but I don't think it would have been enough.
Speaker 1: It's one of those things where guys are beat, they turned and run and then it looks like you got your hands on it. That's what happened on the the hold on was it a punt return? They called somebody on a punt return for the Cowboys for holding in the middle of the field, and that's what happened. He had blocked the guy earned the run and he had his hands on his back.
Speaker 5: Okay, so if you look at but anyway, if you look at the red zone though second and East drive, you had.
Speaker 2: Someone that could have scored, right.
Speaker 5: I mean, it was successful except for the mistakes that were made. So yeah, well, like I keep talking about the tidy end reverse, the inside handoff, it was right there, right off of the best offensive lineman on the team.
Speaker 4: Differ it was. You don't have a guy who's normally accustomed to running with the football.
Speaker 5: You gotta know that when they say, okay, here's the hole you look for, there's Zach.
Speaker 2: You've got to know that they said that.
Speaker 5: So I don't know where the hell he was going, So you could look at that red zone as an easy score as well.
Speaker 4: And then on that same one is where you had the overthrow of Ferguson in the back of the end zone and CD was open on the other side of the right.
Speaker 2: But he can't you can't.
Speaker 4: You can't look both the saying CD was open.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking over here.
Speaker 4: I don't have time exactly the players going back when they say that, I agree, I.
Speaker 1: Agree, but that I'm third and goal to fifteen. If you were in a tight game, you're not handing the ball of Pollard right and he loses.
Speaker 4: So we just solved the red zone problems.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was Yeah, all mistakes.
Speaker 4: Get out on that practice field and just keep working away at it.
Speaker 1: And so I just wanted to see I wanted to I wanted to see them attacking the edge more than they like they did in the first game, because when we were talking about they don't really have somebody to power means up the middle, running, running, even running it get it to the end pathwise, how many times are you going to run into Quinn Williams.
Speaker 2: They just want to soft them, especially when you.
Speaker 1: Had your third guard in the game or maybe fourth, right, because I think didn't.
Speaker 4: Earlier you're fourth, because I mean you're thinking about it. It's is the third guard, and so TJ.
Speaker 2: Bess is the fourth.
Speaker 1: Guard when you're counting the start, I meant the third left guard. Yeah, then I think Richard's got oh, because Martin went out, remember, and so I asked Martin, I said, so you need.
Speaker 4: To back in for victory formations.
Speaker 2: You needed to.
Speaker 1: Rest, and he kind of laughed because he went back in for the victory formation.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 1: Right, So Richard's and Bass were in there at at one point.
Speaker 4: All right, that does it, and ever since you've got the promo there next podcast.
Speaker 5: The next podcast would be one o'clock Hanging with the Boys. Now after that two o'clock Players Lounges, three o'clock Media Mash Wednesday and Thursday only side four o'clock Girls Talk Boys Talk Monday through Thursday only.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, that does it. For mix shots, which you can hear teaching every day at noon, it's presented by Meller Lite Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. Y