Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty and He Armstrong and Eddy.
Speaker 3: President Trumvin oounce in a post untruth Social Republican Center Lindsay Graham had passed away and added quote details and arrangements to follow.
Speaker 2: Wait, why are you in charge of the arrangement? He has a family, Lindsey would have wanted us to serve cheeseburgers.
Speaker 3: So Lindsey's sister is gonna be the senator until November anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it seems Yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw where Mitch McConnell put out a picture of himself in the hospital to prove he was still live in the internet.
Speaker 2: Immediately said AI. Yeah, it's a problem with AI. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I saw Lindsey Graham interviewed I don't know how many years ago where he said his sister is his greatest achievement. The fact that she's turned out good makes him happier than anything in his life, because man, both their parents died. He's nineteen, she's thirteen. He adopts her and takes care of her. That's a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, saw a bunch of interviews from his small town that he grew up in and where he lived, and he would just go home all the time from DC. He was not one of those denizens of DC. He was home in South Carolina all the time. He would just go to the walmart and his ball cap and people say hey, Lindsay, you'd say, hey, how you doing, just acted like a regular guy when he's home. Really, it's really an interesting character.
Speaker 3: So socialism is in the news, and I hope that didn't make you roll your eyes or dive for the dial to turn it off to hear more talk about socialism. It's interesting that it's comeback.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 3: My son and I were talking about this in the car just the other day, like how this has made a comeback. My dad explained to me when I was like six years old why it doesn't work, and I never doubted it once because it made perfect sense to me. If everybody gets equal stuff, nobody's gonna try. Okay, it makes sense. That was the end of the conversation. That's all I needed to hear because it.
Speaker 2: The rest is just detailed. That makes perfect sense. Yeah, and it just all you gotta do is look around you. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: But collectivism or whatever you want to call it, Marxism or whatever it's it's it's coming back. Obviously I was on one of your fancy pants twitter feeds with smart people explaining where Rousseau came in on this whole conversation a good eighty years before Marx did his writing. Rosseau invented a lot of this stuff, the great French philosopher. Every premise of contemporary progressive ideology traces directly back to one man who had never met a noble savage that was his term, never raised a child, and never lived according to a single principle.
Speaker 2: He preached, just like all of these other people, Marx, so.
Speaker 3: Platner, all these people, all these people who like socialism, never had a job, never raised kids, usually never like lived any of the real life. It's amazing anyway. Rousseau's foundational claim a man is naturally good and civilization corrupts him, which sounds compassionate, but it's a most dangerous idea and the history of Western political thought, because if a man is naturally good, than every failure, every crime, every inequality is caused by the system, not by the individual responsibility. Evaporates, the oppressor is always external, the victim is always pure. This is the complete architecture of wokeism in one sentence, and it was written in seventeen fifty five.
Speaker 2: That's an excellent point. Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 1: I disliked Rousseau since I first read him in college, but it hadn't occurred to me that, Yeah, that's like the.
Speaker 2: DNA of it. Yeah, it really is anyway.
Speaker 3: So Jonah Goldberg of The Dispatch took a break, thank god, in my mind, from everything Trump and got back to one of his greatest things he's ever written about is the free market and capitalism versus socialism and all that sort of stuff. He's written many books over the years, works for the Dispatch now, and he went on several screeds over the last couple of weeks with all these candidates winning as part of calling themselves democratic socialists and beating out the mainstream democrats. I'll read a little bit from this because I thought it was good. We hear a lot about how democratic socialism isn't Communism has no similarities to communism, and people who suggest it does are ignorant. Mccarthyites are both mainstream media pundits, academics and democratic politicians insists that that Democratic Socialism of the DSA, that's the actual party, Democrat Socialists of America, that's where Mundami came from. Right, has nothing to do with communism or revolutionary or violent communist struggles. Jenal Goldberg writes, I have no problem conceding the definitions of democratic socialism and communism are very different, and that there are sincere democratic socialists who aren't communists. Mlka Junior wasn't a communist. The founder of the DSA, Michael Harrington wasn't a communist either. But it's worth noting that within the Democratic Socialist Party there are a bunch of affiliated caucuses. They call them because they have different branches within their party that they call caucuses, and many of the caucuses are a validly and openly communist, and nobody in the DSA ever asked to explain them away. For instance, the Liberation Caucus is a self described Marxist Leninist Maoist caucus.
Speaker 2: This isn't quotes. This is from their website.
Speaker 3: Marxist Leninist MAOIs Caucus and Democratic Socialists of America. It defended the murder of the two Jews outside the Capitol back in twenty twenty five. DSA was forced to condemn the shooting, but did not condemn the Liberation Caucus. In their own party, the Liberation Caucus has a dedicated common Misconceptions about Maoism page.
Speaker 2: Wow Isn't that amazing? Wow?
Speaker 3: Mao, who killed more people than maybe any human in the history of the planet, certainly is in the running tens of millions. The Liberation Caucus recommended reading list does not include any titles promoting Swedish style social democracy, which is what your socialists are always talking about. Don't we much want to do what Sweden does?
Speaker 1: It's most Caitlin Collins on CNN is always trying to tell you that the DSA is.
Speaker 3: For instance, Right Goldberg writes, it's mostly a dog's breakfast of Marxist Leninism, Black national and of of course Maoist doctrine. And he has the links if you actually want to read about it. The Marxist Unity Group is another DSA faction that is officially in its party and not being you know, booted out or anything among it. Seven points of Unity is fight the Constitution, in which they openly say we want socialists to fight and overthrow the constitution.
Speaker 2: The Red Star Caucus.
Speaker 3: Yet another group explains that it's a Marxist Leninist caucus in the DSA. Our primary goal all this is int quote, our primary goal, the goal which informs all of our organizing work, is to aboblish abolished capitalism and ultimately to achieve communism.
Speaker 2: It's on their web page.
Speaker 3: Red Star conceives of itself as an ideological center in the DSA. Then there's the Communist Caucus, which rejects the notion that power can simply be taken via the ballot box. It rejects mere reform. Is incrementalism, not a solution. They insist that the DSA has a great potential promoting and unifying working class struggles, but they need to come at it much harder. We believe there are many avenues that feed into the democratic road to socialism. Our vision pushes further than social democracy and leaves behind authoritarian visions of socialism and the dust bin of history. Okay, so Jonah Goldberg ends with this. I have looked in vain to find evidence that any major media outlet has asked DSA candidates to repudiate these caucuses by name or even meaningfully engage with the fact that they are fully recognized caucuses and factions within their party. Nobody's having to speak for that at all. And he goes on to say, we can only go too far with the guilt by association arguments. But the simpler fact is that they are literally associated with these groups. They may not be members of these groups, they may even privately oppose them or work to minimize their influence within the party, but they are still a part of an organization that does not reject them. Maoists and communists are in their tent. If a Republican candidate was a member of some broad front that had openly Nazi and fascist organizations committed to overthrowing the count institution within it, I don't think we would hear a lot of well, actually, conservatism and fascism are very different things the way we hear Actually, democratic socialism and communism are not the same thing, right right. I thought that was really good and everybody should know that, and the mainstream media, yes, should make these DSA members who have won I don't know how many different primaries recently, including the one in Colorado and then that guy that's leading currently for the Senate nominee in Michigan. Make them openly say disavow those other parts of their group.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they'd lie about it, but they at least need to be asked about it. I wonder if we all need to take a sacred vow. If you encounter any member of the mainstream media, ask them, why don't members of the DSA ever get asked about the openly communist members of the DSA, About the Maoists in the DSA, the people whose whole goal, according to their own website is to overthrow capitalism or constitution? Right? Yeah, yeah, why don't you ever ask them that? I would love to hear that question come from every man, woman and child with a conscience in America until it gets the job done.
Speaker 2: That was news to me.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that the DSA was full of people that hardcore openly. I assumed they had hardcore people like that, but not openly that hardcore and getting away with it. We're a maoist organization. Here are the myths about mao is your website?
Speaker 1: Oh Trump was at all effective in talking about this stuff, or or somebody could step out and take the lead on this. Just somebody with a platform big enough that folks wake up to it. There are plenty of folks on the conservative side of things who aren't fully aware of what the.
Speaker 2: DSA is, and it's troubling.
Speaker 3: Well, I was gonnaware that those groups were in there as open as open as they are about their goals.
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I knew there were openly communists that were at the heart of the movement, but I didn't know they had like separate factions of different sorts of communism and were recognized caucuses within the party and accepted, yeah, and accepted you couldn't.
Speaker 3: Be like part of the Republican Party obviously, and or run against mainstream Republicans and win and no, I'm a Nazi. I'm we're part of the Nazi Party. We believe in national socialism and the eradication of well, the Jews thing. You might have to be a Democrat. Then at that point you couldn't be a Republican.
Speaker 1: And then, as we were discussing earlier, the fact that the Democratic Socialists say openly, oh, we're here to supplant the Democratic Party. We're going to shove their leadership out and take over the party in the name of socialism. Can you imagine the Republican parties saying the Nazis they keep saying they're going to take over the party, but we need them for our coalition.
Speaker 2: Sick.
Speaker 3: The thing I would like to know is how big these various groups are. How many people are in them? Is it tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands of millions?
Speaker 1: I'd like to know, are they big enough and wily enough and brutal enough to take over the politics?
Speaker 2: Though? Of places?
Speaker 1: The answer is yeah, clearly, Like in New York and in Colorado and everywhere else they're running winning elections. Bernie Sanders, Graham Plattner, who you know, he's gone, but his ill will remain. So they're effective. Never mind the numbers, although I'm curious about the numbers. Two How effective are they?
Speaker 2: Very? Is the answer?
Speaker 3: The takeaway in Jonah's point, I think really was none of these candidates that say they are members of the DSA should get away with being on face the nation talking to Margaret Brennan without her making them disavow those other factions. Yeah, or even how can you be a member of a party that has avowed Maoists and communists in it?
Speaker 2: How can you even be in the party, let alone do some album. Maoists.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here are the myths about MAO What.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's crazy. These are crazy ass times, man, crazy as I think any weird fast.
Speaker 3: I'd say, you're right, elon more on the waist there, Armstrong and.
Speaker 4: Getty, and we would like to invest tremendously in the United States as opposed to charging a fee. And I like that actually, because I don't think anybody should be able to charge your fee for the UH, for the straight or for any other straight relationship in terms of other sections of the world. I don't think anybody should be really in that position. But we were doing it as a reimbursement. The Gulf States are going to invest a tremendous amount of money into the United States, and that was very satisfactory to me. I think it's actually much better.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's explain what's going on.
Speaker 3: Trump, off the top of his head, came up with the idea of a twenty percent fee for ships to go through the Strait yesterday. Then he realized, oh, I didn't realize. The Secretary Marco Rubio said that would be horrible. Just like three weeks ago, and everybody explained to him how it would be horrible and undoable and all kinds of different stuff. So he's backed off of that within twenty four hours. And now it's country's investing in the United States and they'll promise to and they may or may not, and you'll never know because I would even keep track of that.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: I'm picturing the cabinet going from probably in the early days, saying, Sweet Mother of God, he said, what to now. It's like a playing a board game. President said, we're going to be a confiscating all the airliners on Earth. Oh okay, why don't we explain that we're actually in favor of free air travel and we just wanted to ensure that pollution's held under control. Okay, great, yeah, I'll put that that out.
Speaker 2: Oh it's just ridiculous. A couple of World Cup notes. Yes, watch on the soccer.
Speaker 1: The greatest rivalry in sports on Earth, England v Argentina. Brief history they're playing to me, they've only played five games over one hundred and fifty years. Here's the five games. A match so violent it prompted the invention of the red card. Oh really, Yeah, that's England Argentina a goal so controversial it became known as the hand of God. That's when Maradonna punched the ball into the net for the winning goal for the World Cup, back before there were replays. Oh ref missed. It looked like a hitter from his angle. Oh okay, even though it was clearly punched it in with his hand. A goal so sublime it became known as the goal of the Century. Allegations of vile racism endless chance about the Falkland Islands. That's a little uncomfortable. They fought a war, Margaret Thatcher, anybody falk On Islands are part of Argentina. I couldn't have told you that for a million dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I fought a war over it.
Speaker 1: The ejection of soccer icon David Beckham and an effigy of a player hanged outside London pub. Uh yeah, yeah, just it's both countries are crazy about the about the rivalry.
Speaker 3: I didn't know Beckham, who played for England, got kicked out.
Speaker 2: Of one of their matches. Wow.
Speaker 3: And if you're kind of a casual Ish fan, you've probably at least heard of Lionel Messi, considered maybe the greatest player of all time and he plays for Argentina currently.
Speaker 2: He's an old man now, but he'll be playing tomorrow.
Speaker 1: When the two sides met at London's Wembley Stadium in nineteen seventy nineteen sixty six, tempers freight so quickly that Argentina captain Antonio Rattin was sent off.
Speaker 2: After a series of vicious fouls.
Speaker 1: He refused to leave the pitch for eight minutes before ultimately taking a seat on the red carpet that had been exclusively reserved for the Queen.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I didn't even get into the referee as a jew and he fixed the game controversy. Wow, that's emerged in the wake of Argentina Egypt.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: More on that to come. I carry and a bunch of other stuff. If you miss you get the podcast Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: The Governor of New York.
Speaker 3: Just signed whatever he assigned as governor, banning data center's existence in the state. First nation statewide ban of these AI data centers.
Speaker 2: That's wild. Ah, yeah, that's is that a thing?
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's even legal. And then my other breaking news. Trump is one of the wackiest people who've ever lived. Certainly the most powerful wacky person ever lived. There will no longer be a twenty percent toll on the straight of horn moves. Less than twenty four hours after he imposed a twenty percent toll and sent the markets going in everybody talking and articles.
Speaker 2: Written here and there. Well, you got to write your articles fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll take care of that tomorrow, boss, No, no, right today. Boy, So I found this discouragingly believable. The match in the World Cup between Argentina and Egypt was one for the ages.
Speaker 2: I've got it on the dvr. I haven't watched. I'll watched the second half.
Speaker 3: Probably that's Argentina Egypt, and then the next one. Who did they beat the most recently? That was really good too. They fell behind early.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway about the Egypt though, you gotta watch that last ten minutes.
Speaker 2: It's incredible.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll do the thrillerund The field was also a prelude to something much bigger and much darker. Within an hours of the final whistle, and anti Semitic conspiracy theory was born. The idea began galloping across the Internet that a cabal including Benjamin Netanya, who the Masade Lionel Messi, Argentine President Xavier Milat and the FIFA had conspired to rig the game for the Argentine team. Now, Jack, there was evidence, I'm just asking questions, all right. The evidence consisted of nothing more than photos of Messi posing with Israeli officials and praying at the Western Wall more than a decade ago, plus a few pictures of Milay with Net and Yahoo. Even among the conspiratorially minded, this was pretty thin stuff, right, It's Ashley Rinsberg. I assume Messi is Catholic or he's not Jewish?
Speaker 2: Are he?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Right? Right?
Speaker 1: But what the theory lacked was a FIFA component, something that would link the nebulous Israel Argentina connection of the game itself. So just like that one was invented, a baseless claim that the game's referee, Francois Lexeitier la Texier, was a Jewish or all the signs of a classic digital influence operation, but subtly different, just a handful of edits on Wikipedia, leverage structure and chronic vulnerabilities in our information ecosystem to fabricate truth.
Speaker 2: In broad daylight.
Speaker 1: This guy's not Jewish at all, But the Internet believed he us for a while, and this conspiracy theory went wild, always the freaking Jews. I am so sorry my Jewish friends. Anyway, it was bunk, which brings us to utterly soulless, evil grifter and prayer on the weak minded.
Speaker 2: At candae Ollens, you.
Speaker 5: Can spend a billion dollars in influencers because this is all becoming increasingly inexplicable. You are asking me to be an idiot, actually, and I cannot do that for you. Someone once commented beneath this show that if the situations were reversed and there were this many verifiable lies that Charlie told regarding the murder or assassination of his wife, Charlie would be in prison awaiting trial. And I actually agree with that assessment. We are way beyond coincidence. This is now a full blown conspiracy.
Speaker 2: So that's our grift now.
Speaker 1: And she's making lots and lots of money, and it's absolutely evil, mining gold from the corpse of her quote unquote friend and his grieving widow and little children with her bizarre ass theories. I found this super interesting. Michael Schermer wrote a book about conspiracy theories, cleverly titled Where is it else there's something like conspiracy, Oh, conspiracy. Why the rational believe the irrational in twenty twenty two, I don't think I bought that. I think I will though, And he starts with the Charlie kirk thing and how in the preliminary hearings about the evidentiary hearings for Tyler Robinson, the guy who shot Charlie kirk In's throat, and also actually the evidence is overwhelming. For example, he confessed to the crime by text to his transgender room mate, both by text and then in person. His own parents recognized him from released images that the rifle he used match that of his grandfather. Robinson's DNA was found on the rifles trigger, a spent cartridge casing, two on spent cartridges, and the talel used to wrap the rifle. Surveillance footage showed Robinson jumping down from the rooftop where the federal shot appeared to have been taken, and bullet cartridges recovered at the scene featured engravings made with a tool found in Robinson's bedroom, along with the shellcasing engraved test shot. And this is not even an exhaustive list.
Speaker 3: No, because he had the testimony from the girlfriend, boyfriend roommate about the engraving on the well of the confession. That's a good place to start. But then also that Robinson had done the engraving and he knew all about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And he points out that this is not an exhaustive list, and you might assume that given all this, the vicious conspiracy theories sparked by Kirk's assassination, which have infected our society ever since, would have faded, But you would be wrong. Then he goes into some of the conspiracy theories, turning point USA Erica Kirk in the massad and or Israel was involved in the murder. Primary purveyor of this conspiracy theory is the soulless candasoans or to the CIA program Robinson as part of a mind control mission that also apparently roped in Charles Manson at one point. Or three false flag deep state inside job, etc. Or four staged hoax sigh up our fake death. All of these are kicking around the internet, and mister Shermer believes that it all has to do with what we've discussed a couple of times already. Proportionality bias, a well documented concept in the study of conspiracy theories. It kicks in when there's an imbalanced or mismatch between the size or importance of an event and that of its purported cause. And he points out the assassination of Well, actually, he points out first that the Holocaust was a giant horror perpetrated by a giant, horrible regime, and so for most of history there haven't been conspiracy theories about that because there was congruence between the proportions.
Speaker 2: But like John F.
Speaker 1: Kennedy's assassination by a lone loser is way out of proportion.
Speaker 2: So it went crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'd supposed to a certain extent the idea that twenty one Saudi's could take planes and bring down two biggest buildings in the whole country.
Speaker 2: That doesn't. That's not very proportional either.
Speaker 1: Well done, sir. That's his key example that he's working his way toward Jackie Kennedy, for example, upon learning that Oswald was the assassin, said.
Speaker 2: Of her husband, and I, Dad, I didn't remember hearing this quote. Quote.
Speaker 1: He didn't even have the satisfaction of being killed for civil rights. It had to be some silly little communist. Princess Diana they mentioned, but consider nine to eleven. How could nineteen guys with box cutters, you know, wonder nine eleven truthers pull off the biggest terrorist attack in US history. There must must have been other forces at work. They insist an inside job by the Bush administration, etc. We've all heard the stories many times, but it's all about proportionality bias.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to read the one quote I got here from Alan Moore, who I don't really know what you say. He's a really, really big deal as a writer. The main thing that I learned about conspiracy theory is that conspiracy theorists believe in a conspiracy because that is more comforting the truth of the world. The truth of the world is that it's actually chaotic. The truth is far more frightening. Nobody's in control. The world is rudderless. Some people can't handle the fact that the world is rudderless. I loved your Lindsey Graham illustration at that point.
Speaker 2: Ah, but that was good. I have no memory of it.
Speaker 1: No, he said, it's it's it's less scary, less scary to believe.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, yeah, yeah, it's way better to believe the Russians killed Lindsey Graham than the idea that your aorta could blow up today.
Speaker 2: Just out of nowhere, like Lindsay Grahams did. It's a thousand to one on the scary meter. Yeah, he Yeah.
Speaker 1: David Harsanyi in the New York Post about the same thing, and he says, there is no way, given what has become clear in court, that anybody could doubt that this guy was the killer. And like Candace Owens, and I almost hurt to hate to even mention her, although she has such a giant platform, it doesn't matter. She's claiming, there's no way he was shot with a thirty odd six rifle thirty out six rifle bullet. More likely he was killed by an exploding microphone or some other device you know, that was wielded by some silent assassin in the front row or whatever.
Speaker 3: So the original guy who is doing the uh Q stuff que on stuff that he had the website and he is what was he claiming? I work in the CIA and I know all this stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really deep in intelligence.
Speaker 3: He was just jerking people around for his own I get that. And then at some point when he realized, you know, people are getting hurt or being killed, or this is causing trouble. He came forward and said, yeah, I was just jerking people are Uh, this is a bunch of crap. I don't understand those who profit in that.
Speaker 1: It's worth mentioning explain that away as yeah, right, sure, come on, see, but I get him because I like jerking people around too.
Speaker 2: It's fun.
Speaker 3: But at the point that you got some grieving widow crying in her little kids because people they have to have they've had to move, because there are death threats because they think she works for the Jews, then it's not so fun anymore.
Speaker 2: So, I mean you perpetuate it.
Speaker 1: You've got to be full on evil to dol for cash. Yeah, it's incredible. I agree completely. I'd like this from Harsanyi to wrap up the conversation. Uh. Sure, some genuinely naive listeners may have been gulled into falling for Owen's manic nonsense, and sure the trial might suck some.
Speaker 2: Of them a cobber entertainment out of the case.
Speaker 1: But conspiracists often under the impression of just asking questions is a virtue in and of itself. They rarely get the facts in the way a conspiracy theory is a never ending string of half truth threaded together with to create a narrative that's impossible to disprove, and conspiracy theories only grow with every denial, and when they can no longer grow, the conspiracist just moves on to the next enticing topic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what is going on with Why for most of us can we just accept that the world is random and chaotic and sometimes one nut job can change world history?
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I had a conversation with one of my kids the other day about anxiety and anxiety medications and how widespread it is and what it is in the world, and that sort of thing, and I made the remark I've made many times, I'm pleasantly surprised when people's minds work correctly, including my own. Why some people have that weakness, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't want to judge them because I find it more satisfying, or I would prefer to be able to help them slash straighten them out, although if they're too far down that road, I think they're too far gone. But Harsani finally writes, until the rest of us forcefully stigmatize mock and explicitly reject the people who spread this garbage. They will persist. Consider them stigmatized. Mocks, didn't rect mock, didn't reject it around here.
Speaker 3: Well, if you like in your personal life though, I don't mean the radio show in your personal life, if you confront somebody on this stuff, do they just.
Speaker 2: Do you straighten them out? Or did they just cut you off so hard? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, number one, that's likely and number two, as David Harshani put it, it's a string of half truths that are impossible to falsify.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, he was married to the daughter of this company who's CFO.
Speaker 2: That's what Tucker does.
Speaker 1: He's the best, that he is the best at that is that a coincidence?
Speaker 2: And what company did his dad work for? Halliburden?
Speaker 3: Right, you know that sort of thing. Okay, how do you falsify? You can't, which is what they got going for.
Speaker 1: The referee isn't Jewish, and even if he were, it wouldn't matter. Sweet mother of God people, Oh my god, we will finish strong. Next.
Speaker 3: Are you familiar with the hottest summer trend, the hot girl walk? If you're not, you'll learn about it in the One More Thing podcast, which is not part of the radio show. It's a separate thing. We do look for it at Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 2: Does everything need a name? Of course? Is the Hot Girl Walk?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: So one final note on the conspiracy theory thing, which I find fascinating.
Speaker 2: I had heard about this story, but I'd forgotten that.
Speaker 1: Psychologist Leon Festinger coined the term cognitive dissonance dissonance rather cognitive dissonance, discovered.
Speaker 2: In the nineteen fifties.
Speaker 1: He was studying a doomsday UFO cult that believed that on December twenty first, nineteen fifty four, a great flood would be unleashed upon the Midwest. Cult members believed that they should avoid the effects by going to a mountaintop to await a mothership that would arrive just in time to whisk them way to safety.
Speaker 2: Did that happen? So, yes, it did, so wait I misread it. No it didn't.
Speaker 1: So Festinger is studying this group, and he and his colleagues joined the group, but the intention of recording their reactions when the world did not end and no flo was in sight. But when all of that happened, the doomsdayers did not recant their beliefs. Rather, they doubled down and re upped their evangelizing, rationalizing their apocalyptic error with familiar excuses. For instance, they had miscalculated the doomsday date. The date was not a warning. The date was a warning, not a prophecy. Predictions were a test of members faith. The prophecy was fulfilled physically but not as expected, or the prophecy was fulfilled spiritually but not physically, And he ended up writing a book When Prophecy Fails, and one of his students wrote a two thousand and seven book, this fairly famous, documenting thousands of experiments in which people repeatedly spin doctored facts to fit their preconceived beliefs. Because humans go to great lengths to avoid reasons to question their deep certainties.
Speaker 3: Now, I always assume everything has an evolutionary reason, So I wonder what that is.
Speaker 2: I wonder why we developed that way.
Speaker 1: Probably primitive man our only deep certainties were about don't mess with a bear, and fire hurts if you sit in it and you wanted. That's bedrock knowledge and you can't lose it.
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't know, or.
Speaker 3: Various beliefs about the world have always exist and we all have to believe them together for cohesiveness of.
Speaker 2: Our tribe. I don't know.
Speaker 1: So when og the caveman gets gored by a master cole, does the caveman go around saying, oh, you believe it was just a straight on mast it on goring.
Speaker 2: You're a fool, right, it was the Jews. Good question. This final th boys so well? Your comments?
Speaker 1: Oh my.
Speaker 2: Closure, Hell you all the show. That's so good.
Speaker 3: Here's yours for final thoughts, Joe Getty, let's get a final thought to wrap up the show for the day.
Speaker 1: There is pressing the buttons in the control room. Michael Angelo. Michael watch your final thought.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're a parent, teach your kids to read and write, but also as a little kid, teach them capitalism versus socialism.
Speaker 1: There you go, or call it the free market freedom economic freedom?
Speaker 2: Jack final thought.
Speaker 3: Yes, we are going to talk about the Hot Girl Walk, among other things in the One More Thing podcast, which we should promote more often because it's really good and you don't hear it unless you look for it. Whoever, podcasts are found the One More Thing podcast, or if you.
Speaker 1: Subscribe to thee one More Thing podcast, it automatically downloads for you. That's right, the Armstrong Getdy on the man, you get one more thing automatically. I have decided I'm rooting for Argentina because I really prefer Javier Milai and the reforms he's instituting to the crappy, crappy British government.
Speaker 3: I'm on board with that, and I'd like to see Messi move on his final World Cup five foot seven, little messier, messy messy and going up again.
Speaker 2: Some of those great big.
Speaker 3: Giants, somehow quick as a cat, arm Sliver, Armstrong and Geddy are wrapping up at other're grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 2: Clever as a devil, sly as a fox. This tit to do well?
Speaker 1: Thanks so little time? What good armstrung Geeddy dot com. Subscribe to the podcast, drop us no mail bag a armstrong Yeddy dot com? What do you know about all this stuff? Come on, you're smart, share your wisdom mail bag and Armstrong and Giddy dot com.
Speaker 2: Oh and pick up some swag. We got some great new t shirts.
Speaker 3: We will see you tomorrow. God bless them her.
Speaker 2: I'm strong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Part of our thesis here is that people do not want their candidates grown in fat, arm Strong and Getty.
Speaker 1: They're not grown invest they don't sound like cartoon porcupines.
Speaker 2: Seconds O the.
Speaker 1: Real human beings and they do a podcast.
Speaker 3: If you listen, you'll have no regrets.
Speaker 2: On Strong Getty on demand. Who are real human beings? Armstrong and Getty