Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: All right, break it down.
Speaker 3: If you ever have feelings that you just fons, Amy and Cat got your cob and locking no brother ladies and peons, do you just follow an the spirit where it's all the fus front over real stuff, tell the chill stuff and the m but Swayne, sometimes the best thing you can do it Jill, stop you feel things. This is feeling things.
Speaker 1: With Amy and Cat.
Speaker 2: Happy Tuesday. Welcome to feeling things. I'm Amy and I'm Cat and I'm ready to just get to the feelings because I know that you have a bone to pick with me, and I don't know what the bone is, but I just want to get through the feelings. And I don't know if that has to do with your feeling or what. But let's go.
Speaker 1: Okay, lego, Okay. So I will say this is a little taste of your own medicine. Okay, Okay, from when you told me that we needed to discuss something and then left me on red and I was freaking out about it.
Speaker 2: Right, I just sent you a text because I needed to talk about something, but it was really not a big deal.
Speaker 1: Well neither is this, Okay, Okay, Well, I will say my feeling of the day I have two, I feel very grateful and that's because of all of the like comments and messages and emails we got after I announced my pregnancy where they were so sweet and I was texting you and I was like, the people that are like, I don't even know you and I'm crying. Yeah, that was so sweet and that meant a lot. So that's my grateful I am going to use the feeling in because I'm not I'm intrigued. I'm intrigued, and this is my bone to pick with you. Okay, we have been talking about the past couple weeks or so Love is Blind, and I have been suggesting shows for you to watch, such as Traders, and you have been very anti both of these shows, right, and then I open Instagram and I see that you are watching Age of Attraction. Yes, so how did we get there? Because from my person effective Age of Attraction I could not even click on that. It gave me the ick. It is felt so cringe. Okay, So if you are so uninterested in these wonderful shows such as Strainers and Love was Blind, what got you interested in Age of Attraction? Well?
Speaker 2: I was sucked in through an Instagram click. Actually, of this woman and a man, but he's way younger, so a boy, but that feels weird. He he's a young man, a young man in his late twenties and a woman in her late fifty or mid fifties.
Speaker 1: Think I got the same video.
Speaker 2: So I got this video and they weren't telling us the age of these people. They were just showing that they were having a connection. And it was like, well, how does she and how does he? So then I got sucked in because I needed to know. I needed to know the age difference. And so the only way for me to find out is to watch.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, and for people who don't know what we're talking about, Age of Attraction is a dating show on Netflix, and from my understanding, it's you just date a bunch of people you don't know what their ages are, and at the end you tell tell you so.
Speaker 2: They bring everybody together and you have to do like these little speed dates or go on these types of dates. Only one rule, you cannot discuss your age.
Speaker 1: But like I think part of my thing was like you have to know they're like.
Speaker 2: Right, it's kind of obvious, right, yeah. Yeah, Well, so that one particular couple that I'm talking about, like I won't say their names or who they are, so it's not like a really spoiling anything. It's been all over the internet. But he ended up being older than her son, than her oldest son, Like that would be weird if I was her son younger.
Speaker 1: How did I say it older?
Speaker 2: He ended up being older than her oldest son? Maybe I said youngest son.
Speaker 1: That's not that's good, that's not you want. You want the boyfriend to be older than the kids. Okay, So was I younger than her kids? Okay? Maybe maybe you're right? I get it now. I was like, am I hearing this wrong? Or what's going on? Is this the trunk? That's normal? But okay, you're right, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 2: Fine, we'll make them the same age, even though, yeah, that's weird. They're they're a year apart or something. I can't remember obviously if he's older or younger, but they're only a year apart. It reminds me of when my dad, his fourth wife, my brother brought a girlfriend to dinner and my brother's girlfriend was older than my dad's wife. Now that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Right, yes, But was his girlfriend a lot older than no?
Speaker 2: Not a lot.
Speaker 1: Your dad's wife was a lot younger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it would have made more sense for my brother to be dating my dad's wife.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow's there? Wait, So do these people stay together after they find out that they don't know?
Speaker 2: I don't know, and I'm not going to be that invested in the whole thing. Don't like pick too many bones with me about this, because it's not like I'm obsessed with the show or anything, Like I don't know if there's season two that I'll watch the finale tomorrow, the finales tomorrow.
Speaker 1: But you watched all the episodes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had it on the back, you know how I watched shows like that, Like I was doing things those computer like walking in and out. But I watched it enough. But it's interesting because Netflix normally rolls things out all at once, but this has been in That's how they did Love Is Blind, where it was like, oh, three episodes, than two, then two, than one, then one the night whatever.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I will say that I think it's must be. On TikTok they're posting Netflix is posting videos of the age reveals, so they're kind of giving spoilers. Yeah, on TikTok, so I will say this.
Speaker 2: Shannon looked it up this particular couple. She he's fifty four and he's twenty seven, and he's two years younger than her oldest son, So that makes sense he's younger. Like, so if he's twenty seven, she has a son that's twenty nine. And I don't know why that was confusing me to say I was really doubling down too.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no, it's like, am I crazy? I don't know, y'all are like he should be older this show? Also, did you feel weird about it at any point?
Speaker 2: No, everybody's they're all adults.
Speaker 1: And they surely have to be on Are they on there to find lover? They're on there to become Instagram influencers. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, this guy was a software salesman and she's a stylist.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe she wanted more clients and so she went on this Netflix show. Well if your parents went on this show, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, maybe it could be fun, maybe not.
Speaker 1: You could get a new friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will say if it was reversed and like the fifty four year old was a man and the twenty seven year old was a girl, i'd be way more creeped out.
Speaker 1: Yes, well that does I think that happened too, right.
Speaker 2: Sure, but this was the couple that got me to watch the show. Okay, like, this is the couple that you know. I don't know if it was reversed, i'd been like, yuck, I'm not watching, but instead I was like intrigued.
Speaker 1: I wonder if any couple has got together that were like normal.
Speaker 2: There are two that I watched. They seemed relatively the same age. She was definitely younger than him, but not by much, like thirty years. It wasn't anything crazy or yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, well I just need to talk about that because I was a little offended that you were too good for my shows, and then you were watching.
Speaker 2: This right now. Well, I am feeling affirmed. And since I'm struggling with making sense today, this may not make sense at all, but I feel like it's it's affirmation but a little bit of the place oh effect. Okay, Okay, let me explain it to you and then you tell me. Okay, so I was at pilates and they were like you, good job, Amy, and you know what's my love language? Exactly? So if I get affirmed during class. What do you think that does for me?
Speaker 1: I'm doing a good job. I'm gonna work harder, Like I guess I'm a star plates princess. I'm gonna work. I'm coming back tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Watch you thought my form was good there, watch it now. So then we move on to a different move and they're like yeah, okay, yes, oh that's it Amy, And I'm like, okay, I got it again. Then throughout class, I mean there was three or four times where I got called out. Well, then you know, they give you wipes at the end of class, sous you wipe your bed down and then over by the trash can you throw away the wipe. Well, normally always on top of the trash can. Normally always that's I think that's okay, normally always, I think it's contradicting.
Speaker 1: I didn't get any red flags.
Speaker 2: Normally they have this sheet of the all the beds and whose name is on each bed, so that the instructor knows. So probably so they can call people out and be like, good job Amy, nice form, Amy, ooh looking good Amy. Guess how many Amy's were in my class?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, three, three Amy's, So who knows when they were actually shouting me out.
Speaker 1: They should say like Ayby right or Amy? Yeah, but they know they left it at Amy. Wait, that's funny, So that instructors trobably like, yes, I can only have to think about one name.
Speaker 2: Right, If I say Amy, I've nailed you know most of the class. Yeah, there's fourteen beds total, three of them are Amy. So I was really feeling good. So what's crazy is well, I say placebo is because some of those weren't even for me. But yet I felt.
Speaker 1: Did you have the urge to walk up to the instructor and say like, so when you said good job, it was me right? Definitely? I think she would have been like yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: And then when I left they would say something about me being a weirdo.
Speaker 1: But so, do you want some insider baseball on fitness instructors?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Kat used to teach spin class.
Speaker 1: Tell me so I taught? Yeah, I taught spin and we had I had on my computer. I could see the all all the people in their names, and sometimes I would just open up that tab on my computer because I also would play my music off my computer and just call people's names out. But I didn't know who they were because it's nice. It is really nice and motivating to hear your name regardless, however, I will say sometimes I would do that, but when you know them, I would say good job, and I would mean it most of the time.
Speaker 2: Don't ruin this for me. I need to be affirmed in class, does it?
Speaker 1: But I think this is goes to like the placebo.
Speaker 2: Of it, like you're right, I'm not gonna know, but now I'm gonna know.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's probably just saying the name like to motivate you though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's I like being told I'm doing good job and it being like I earned this. Yeah, like nice form amy good technique.
Speaker 1: But I think if you say nice form, you need to be I wouldn't say nice form to somebody if I wasn't looking at them, because what if they're like sitting down, okay time.
Speaker 2: I feel like at my studio.
Speaker 1: They take it seriously. I feel like, well, like I'm picturing you a spin class.
Speaker 2: It's like dark.
Speaker 1: You can't always see everybody, you know. Yeah, and I would again, I would only say nice form or something specific like that if I could see them. But I might say, like, I don't know, keep it up or something like that. When it's dark and I can't see.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it's never fully dark in there. And I've never gotten to like just blanket like keep it up, Amy, keep it up, Cindy.
Speaker 1: Like I get my keep an actual, like I like the lunch with your right leg Amy.
Speaker 2: Very good, like good extension.
Speaker 1: Amy. Did you do you know that instructor? Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I mean would define no, like I've taken her class multiple times.
Speaker 1: Like you stay high like she probably yea, yeah.
Speaker 2: Like some I see more than others. Like I was leaving the other day and one of my favorite instructors, her name is Nicole. She was like, oh, great job, Amy, per usual, and I was like per usual. I was like, she thinks I did good. I wish it was like that's my usual, that's my sometimes always.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Well, I'm glad that it felt good, no matter it felt good, no matter what. It just made me think.
Speaker 2: Like there was something that Bobby said on the The Bobby Bone Show the other day, some article I'm paraphrasing, don't have the scientific research with me at all whatsoever, but that obviously we know about the placebo effect, but sometimes even just taking a candy or sugar pill or something before bed and acting as if it's some magic pill that's going to help you sleep, will help you sleep. Really, I'm like, I gotta start trying that, Like I got to pop a skittle and be like.
Speaker 1: Yes, I will say when you're this is for me, and I feel like this is somewhat universal. When you're working out in a class like that and somebody says your name, it's coming to my mind, is like you're feeling seen in that space and like they know you and you feel special. That is like a I don't know, a feeling that you can't make up somewhere like it's what's the the term I'm looking for When it doesn't when you can't buy it with money.
Speaker 2: M tangible Nope, No, when its priceless, Oh.
Speaker 1: That's like a priceless feeling when you're like, oh, they know me here and they care about me here and they see me here versus like you go to a workout class like a I don't know, this is how I felt in like big places like a soul cycle or something, when there's like seven I have people in the class, you feel like just like one of the I don't know millions and they don't really care if you're there, so it's very important. I'm glad that your intructor was calling out names. Yeah, well, because a big part of it.
Speaker 2: Where I go, they've generally been great at that. I really feel like it's why I decided to sign up even after the first time I went. You know, Kat called me a Pilates princess a minute ago, because when I first signed up at this place after my first class, and they do this with every first time visitor. After you get done, you go to your locker and open up, and they have put a card inside that says congratulations zero Pilates Princess, like you did great, good job.
Speaker 1: And there's little stickers and you just feel special.
Speaker 2: And I was like, yeah, fine, all by a year.
Speaker 1: When even if they do that to every single new person, it still means that they care about every single new person that comes in the door, versus like, oh, who cares if they come back or not, Like we're fine. So I like your studio and I've never been been there. Love that. Love it.
Speaker 2: Speaking of other things that I love that, you were talking about how you got some nice messages from people and notes. We have some voicemails and I love them and they're for you. I'm nervous, so this is a little gift to you and the baby. Okay, from our listeners, we have a voicemail from Linda. Some people say where they're calling from. I don't know where Linda's calling from. Just picture Linda in the world.
Speaker 1: Can I picture her like in Australias maybe.
Speaker 2: Because you know we're international, Yeah we are, okay, so, but I don't think she has an accent.
Speaker 1: But here's Linda.
Speaker 5: Cats having a baby, Cat having a baby.
Speaker 1: Yay, congrattul My friends just listening to the podcast and that was so exciting. I'm so happy for you.
Speaker 2: Love the show.
Speaker 1: That's sweet. That was so okay to take your time out to send that message and this is going to make me cry. Yeah, is that your goal?
Speaker 2: Well, I think you're gonna love this next one. Okay, this is from Kylie and she's in Alabama.
Speaker 4: Okay, Hello, my name's Kylie. There is an Alabama and I am feeling super excited because Kat and I are pregnant at like the same time. Because as of right now, twelve weeks pregnant, my baby is the size of a lime.
Speaker 1: Have the day you need to have lives and that means now her baby's the size of a lemon. Yeah, because last week you were alive and this week I'm a lemon, which my app said because it gives you like different categories, and the fruit category, I'm a lemon. But then it also said it was the size of a Pokemon card. And then it also said it was the size of a baby carrot, and a baby carrot and a lemon are very different.
Speaker 2: Very very different.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, is it this big or is it this big? Isn't that crazy? Yeah, I need a new app baby.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know. That is really weird. We need more details about that for sure.
Speaker 1: So well, I'm gonna go with lemon.
Speaker 2: We'll go with lemon, especially since we went with the line last week, so we'll just go on.
Speaker 1: That would mean a got smaller if it's now a baby carrot.
Speaker 2: We have other voicemails, but you can't play them all. So I've got this one from Amber in Iowa.
Speaker 5: Hey, Amy and kat I just finished today's episode and number one, Yes, I know Puma, absolutely love with him and his crew. I didn't know the name of the thing though. I'm really bad at that number two? Can you continue doing check ins with Kat? I'm so excited for you. Congratulations, excited to watch you become a mom. Here you become a mom both. I don't know, but it's fun and I think Amy has perfect questions since she's never experienced that. And I also have never experienced it, though I wanted it when I was younger, but I dealt with the fact that I'm not happening for me. Anyways, Yeah, those are fun check ins for as much as Kat is willing to share, it's fun to hear you go through it. So anyways, have a good day, have the day you need to have. This is Scamber from Iowa. Thanks.
Speaker 2: So we've got to create little check ins that we can do periodically, like like okay, you know, time for the baby check in?
Speaker 1: We cat okay, but remember we were told that our singing was annoying.
Speaker 2: We can get our I can get a jingle for it or something like we can get an official jingle like.
Speaker 1: Time for the baby check in with cat Okay. That one's actually kind of cute.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like I could do that live every time. It's quick too, like do do it's time for the baby check in with cat. Okay, yeah, so the check in today is that.
Speaker 1: Lemon or a baby lemon?
Speaker 2: Are there any other things you're experiencing because I have something I could bring up if you're not ready or prepared.
Speaker 1: It's about you though, my legging your gee. So yeah, I'm in the stage where I I'm not like showing, but I am showing, if you know what I mean. Like, I don't have a baby bump, but my stomach has expanded, so my clothes don't really fit and I'm just in this weird in between. My jeans sometimes feel too tight, even though some of them I can sew a button. So I bought I've never bought something from Hilara before. Have you seen that on? You get the ads? We all get the ads, right, I don't know what you're talking about. You don't get Hailara ads on your TikTok.
Speaker 2: Is it for maternity clothing?
Speaker 1: No, It's like, no, these aren't even maternity jeans. These are normal people jeans that are just really stretchy. They do like active wear. And I've never bought anything.
Speaker 2: Well, now that you're saying it, I'm sure I'll get the ads.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're welcome. Yeah, but they are literally leggings. They're so stretching. You saw how far I stretched them. They look like like jeans and they're the cut of them. I feel like a lot of times jeggings, like jean leggings don't actually have the like shape of jeans, but they do and I love them and they'll I think they'll stretch with me for a while. So great purchase. They're very cute, really good about them.
Speaker 2: Your shirt is cute? Is your where's your shirt?
Speaker 1: From Old Navy? New Recent? I actually got this when I was doing my egg retrieval because I when you do the egg retrieval, your stomach looks pregnant because your ovaries are so what's the word swollens? Well, I guess so. So I needed really baggy clothes, so I got a bunch of these.
Speaker 2: Don't ask for me for words earlier. You're looking at the word priceless, and I was like frugal, Like I don't know what I said, but it couldn't. It was like never near the right word what you were looking for. Oh, tangible, You're like, what's the word, And.
Speaker 1: I'm like, tangible money? You can't buy it with money? Tangible, which you can't.
Speaker 2: Buy it with money, because I was looking at it like because like something you can't touch. Yeah, yeah, it's like you tried whatever I tried. So now you're like, what's the word. I'm like, I don't know. I'm assuming your ovaries are inflamed, woolen, enlarged.
Speaker 1: I guess enlarged. Why can't I think of the word that they would use, juicy? The word juicy. I looked more pregnant in the ten days of my egg retrieval than I do now. It was crazy. That is crazy, So shout out to anybody who's going through that, because it is a I mean, that's a mind gang with your body image. So also, I do believe Old Navy is doing a half off cell right now.
Speaker 2: Well, I might go on there and look for that shirt because I love.
Speaker 1: The green boyfriend cut Oxford is what it was.
Speaker 2: What looks great with your stretchy jeans? I thought literally they were maternity, but you're saying they're just for anybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, anybody. Because I hear that maternity jeans are people don't like them, that a lot of people are just wearing lower cut jeans, which I don't know if I want to do that. Oh.
Speaker 2: I saw a girl that's in at our track meet the other night and she.
Speaker 1: Was full belly out, like little teeny tiny tank top.
Speaker 2: With these low rise drawstring pants and her like she must have been eight or nine months along, like.
Speaker 1: Giving birth any day.
Speaker 2: And it was interesting. I didn't have anything wrong, you know, but there was You're like, I don't know that I would do it. I don't think I could do that. She looked adorable. I didn't know I could do it. And then yeah, I feel that way.
Speaker 1: That's like the style now that people like their bump is an accessory, and I think it is so cute when I see people, because I get a lot of tiktoks now that are about maternity style and I'm like, Okay, those outfits are so cute, but I'm not wearing a crop top with my belly out to work, right. I can't do that. I just am more I think modest than that. And I'm not at the point now or that I could do that anyway, because I don't have the bump, but it is. It's the thing. It's like instead of a necklace, you have your baby.
Speaker 2: Bump, you know, sure, sure, yeah's your accessory.
Speaker 1: It's what was that rule you have to have like seven things?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the rule of seven.
Speaker 1: The bump is one of the things.
Speaker 2: Earrings, purse, jacket, hat, scarf.
Speaker 1: Bell, Yeah, baby bum baby bom So.
Speaker 2: Shannon has confirmed Old Navy is having a STU right now fifty off online and in store, but only till March twenty fifth, so like one day. If you're listening to this on Tuesday, you cant until tomorrow and then, yes, your ovaries were inflamed, she confirmed online.
Speaker 1: That is what it is. That's the official There's a word that they used though, but I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: Enlarged, enlarge, inflamed.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think of the word because they were the Maybe it's stimulated because they're stimulating your follicles so all of so, then they want them to be a certain size and once they get to a be a certain size, then you have the retrieval and they go and then they suck them out.
Speaker 2: Yeah that makes sense. Which also shout out Amber for knowing Puma.
Speaker 1: Yeah crazy love that. Wait, that means she's seen the videos of Puma since she knows him Apple Gay or Apple whatever the landscaping company is that he works for yeah, because they're TikTok and Instagram famous, like they obviously have a following because they make fun videos while they're at work. And Puma, he's just so cute.
Speaker 2: I swear to you, if I see him, I will be like Puma and I'm like what And Ambery knows Puma too.
Speaker 1: So cool.
Speaker 2: This is something that came up in my therapy session the other day, and then I saw shrink Chicks post about knowing if you can trust yourself, like if you're feeling like you can't, or maybe you once could and you feel like you've lost trust in yourself. They shared a long list of small ways you can build that trust back, but I pulled five of my favorite from the list and then put my own little twist on them after something that came up in therapy, because my therapist was challenging me with something I could do to support myself a little bit in that moment, Like what's one little thing you can do to support yourself? So that might be, for example, like going on a walk, like can you get up if I'm feeling in a certain way. She was also celebrating and acknowledging that my window of not my window of tolerance, but my window of let's say I go off the rails and do a behavior that like isn't in alignment with who I want to be now, but it's like, oh, I thought I evolved from that, right, Like why am I having this thought? Or why did I have that behavior? Or why did I do that? Or why did I snap or what you know, like why was that my reaction or why did I react and not take time to respond?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: But I recover more quickly, and so she said that my window of recovery is getting smaller, which is great. She's like, that's what we want in therapy, Like we want you to have that awareness and then you come back to self.
Speaker 1: Because we're going to mess up more quickly.
Speaker 2: Right. She was like, have grace. You're human, doesn't mean you're gonna always okay. Now that you've decided this is who you are and how you're going to be that, you just that's the path you stay on. And I told her that I had a moment, but I self corrected faster than like ever before, and she was like, oh, let's celebrate that because your window of recovery is becoming more narrow, which is what we want because some days sometimes like who knows, you may not even be aware of how you acted or what you did for like a week or a month, or you may stay in it because you did it. You might be like, oh well, and you may stay in that behavior for or that slump or whatever you want to call it, for a week, a month, or however long when if you want a course correct anyway, So we were celebrating that, and then I was just like, well, now I feel like I've lost a little bit of trust in myself, and how do I know I can take care of myself. She's like, well, that's one example, but she's like, what are some little things you can do for yourself that will support you in those moments if you're having some of those thoughts, since she was like going outside, getting fresh air, practicing whimsy, like when we've wanted to be more playful. Do I need to take a nap? Do I need to eat something? Do I need to drink something water? Probably not like drinking something else. So then it reminded me of something that the shrink chicks put up, and it's pretty much, if you're not sure you can trust yourself anymore, these are some ways that you can, and that was one of them. To ask yourself what would feel just a little more supportive right now? Just small shifts like that are more than you think. What would be one for you? If like you were feeling off, like, what something you know you could go do for yourself that might feel supportive to you in the moment.
Speaker 1: The first thing that I came to mind was take a shower. But you can't always do that, I know, so.
Speaker 2: Do not underestimate washing your hair too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, today was a hair wash day. I felt really good. But when I can't do that, well, I can't go cause I like that reset. I'll do like an ice roller that feels like soothing, you know, or I mean drinking a cold glass of water. Yeah, something that feels like, yeah, soothing and good to you.
Speaker 2: One of the examples from Shrink Chicks was stop rushing yourself back to fine, because sometimes we want to. Even though I was celebrating that, I course corrected more quickly. I probably need to give myself space because sometimes that might not always be the case. Or if I'm in a rut or grieving something like, oh I need to feel better by this point. You don't need to necessarily rush that we need to trust that we're going at the pace that is good for us. Another thing was paying attention to what your body is telling you, Like if you're tired, hungry, tents, all of those things are signals your body's communicating something to you. So start listening and paying attention and then acting on it and be like, oh, yeah, I ate and I felt better, so I can trust myself. Or I drink water, I felt better.
Speaker 1: I took a nap and then I felt better like that, So.
Speaker 2: For my naps, can't go too long. I don't I'm not a big napper anyways, but if I nap, If I do nap and it's too long of a nap, then it's a problem. But there's like a sweet spot for me. It's gotta be less than thirty minutes. Why how long are your naps?
Speaker 1: Well, that's a cat nap. This is also not really fair because I just went through tremester one of pregnancy and I was taking like two hour naps every day. That is not normal for me. So I don't know. I think a good nap is like forty five minutes to an hour. Really yeah, interesting, By the time if at thirty minutes, like I've just fallen asleep in them.
Speaker 2: Back up, listen, don't ask me. I'm not really that big of an napper. Give yourself permission to change your mind is another thing, because changing your mind is evolving. That's wisdom. Don't beat yourself up for it. You're allowed to change your mind.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's something that gets people twisted in trusting themselves when they're like, well, I now believe this, or I now know this, or I now would do this, and so then they're like, how do I even know that's right because I used to think this. That's not fair. It's like you said, it's natural to evolve, and as we gain more wisdom, we allow ourselves to change our minds. That should build more trust, knowing that I'm flexible when I gain more information, versus I can't trust myself because I once thought this thing.
Speaker 2: I feel like online isn't necessarily making it easy for some people to change their mind. Like if someone opens up and is sharing like, oh I was wrong about this. There's so many comments and these are trolls, so you should not listen to them anyways, but it's hard to ignore when someone's like trying to publicly say hey, I know da da da da, but now I'm thinking da da da da da, instead of being like, oh cool, like way to evolve and do some critical thinking and whatever, instead of saying, well, you were part of this problem to begin with, soh yeah, now you know it's like, wait, that's not very good.
Speaker 1: Celebrate welcoming to it's it's all yeah, it's like is that our job to hold them accountable for those things?
Speaker 2: Or yeah no, and then it's so then it's difficult for them to be like, oh, well, I guess I'm not allowed to change my mind, which you are. Give yourself permission to change your mind. And then the final thing is follow through on one small thing you promised yourself each day. So this doesn't have to be anything crazy. It can be something manageable, you know, Like I mentioned water. It could be like, okay, I want to drink six cups of water today. Follow through on that for yourself, and then you'd be like, okay, I can trust myself. Or I want to go to bed tonight at nine thirty pm. We'll get in bed at nine to twenty, so that you're you know, yeah, do little things to show yourself.
Speaker 1: You mean what you say. Yeah, I think what happens a lot of times when people want to make a change is they want to make all the changes at once because you're motivated. But that's not possible. So then that backfires because you're not going to do all of that stuff, and so then it's like, well, never change versus like you're saying. If I start with, like this week, I'm going to go to bed at nine pm three times, Like you can do that, but you can't go to bed at nine pm every night, drink seventeen glasses of water, cook all your meals at home, make sure that your gas has car your car has gas in it before it's time to leave to go somewhere, do all your laundry. Like you can't do all of that stuff. This that if you're going to change it at once, it's going to gobody calming that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Have I told you my gas thing that I'm doing my little reward? Yes, I feel like I talked about it, but now I can't remember what it wants.
Speaker 1: You would love it?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 1: You don't remember? Try to guess.
Speaker 2: Okay, I give myself picture me at a gas station. If you're getting myself a treat.
Speaker 1: If you fill up your gas before you get three quarters a quarter a quarter, then you can get a diet coke. Yes, okay, yeah, I did it. You did it from from the fountain.
Speaker 2: No, I just get a bottle or bottle or can.
Speaker 1: The bottle is the worst kind of diet.
Speaker 2: I don't know that I trust the ice at the fountain.
Speaker 1: Huh. But that's I've never been worried about that.
Speaker 2: I mean, but I mean I'll go to a restaurant and get it from the same thing.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe not the health code standards, they'd be different, well not standards, but I bet that like Chick fil A has a higher health code score than your local Xon the gas station.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, but I just go in and get Yeah, either a tall boy can or the screwtop.
Speaker 1: I like the screwtop because that'll last.
Speaker 2: Me a few days because I can put the lid back on and you don't keep it in my fridge.
Speaker 1: But you don't go home and pour it into a cup with ice. No, I'll just take a few SIPs in the car.
Speaker 2: It's I get I get your It's not the same fountain thrown through all the way fountain, diet coke, can, diet coke, then bottle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're right. If you have a can, you have to drink it all then.
Speaker 2: Right, you can't if you've got the bottle. So anyway, that's if.
Speaker 1: You are trying to mess with your reward, that's really great.
Speaker 2: Second, if you struggle with getting gas, because I am a get gas when my car says refuel immediately. So my car goes you know empty or like close to getting empty, and then it'll send me a message on the dashboard that says please refuel, and then it will go refuel immediately. And that's normally when I get gas. But as of the last six months or so, I have been going and if I get there and I still have a quarter of tank left, I get my diet coke treat.
Speaker 1: Have you ever ran out of gas on the road? Yes, recently. No. Was this a teenage thing? Yes, okay, that's appropriate, but.
Speaker 2: I mean I've been close, yeah, and it's not. People always love to send messages because when I'm like, oh, I'm on it, please refuel, I'm like, oh, Instagram, like, I don't know why that's.
Speaker 1: Something daredevil at me. I'm so edgy I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's why that's one of my most viral videos ever has to do with the guest tank.
Speaker 1: I think it has over eleven million views. Well that's like kind of rage bait. Don't you think why when you post a picture and you're like have negative that gets people riled up?
Speaker 2: Well? I did like a video where I did like I married my video up with another girl's video from TikTok. I can't remember her name, but I gave her credit in the video. It wasn't like just like oh, but I pulled her video like she says. She said in her video, do you know why I keep my gas tank on e? And she's like, because if anybody gets in my car and you know, puts a gun in my head and is like just drive, She's like, where am I gonna drive besides the gas station so that I can get out of my car and run, you know. And so I did a little like stitch video with her where I was like, anytime I'm nearing empty, I think of this woman. And then I played her clip because it's like, do I really want to get gas? Because what if I get taken? And then I'm like, well, sorry, we're going to need to go to the gas station.
Speaker 1: Having gas in your car essentially could end your life exactly.
Speaker 2: They could get they could drive all the way to the country rural parts.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then you're really then you're in the middle of nowhere.
Speaker 2: I think about that a lot when I'm in the land, like if I'm somewhere, like if i'm ever well, if I'm driving where there's lots of land, or looking at homes that have lots of land. To die here, No, I don't think I could die. I think are there bodies there?
Speaker 1: We wouldn't know.
Speaker 2: And then you know, I don't know if this is on your algorithm, but a lot of bunker stuff is showing up on my algorithm. I don't know if this is on your algorithm, but a lot of bunker stuff is showing up on my algorithm. Of people who built underground.
Speaker 1: Bunkers, we very different.
Speaker 2: And I strongly believe anybody that is building an underground bunker needs a background check. Why because now you're telling me you have this very discreete oh container under in your backyard that has like this hidden trap door you could hide with all these living amenities where they could totally live like life down there, like you could be hiding somebody.
Speaker 1: That's fair. I was thinking, I need to find a friend that has a bunker just in case. Yeah, same, I don't know anybody. I also are the people that are doing bunkers are they kind of trying to keep that on the deal because.
Speaker 2: If they need them, some aren't because I mean, but if.
Speaker 1: They need it, they don't want people to know because they don't want them all up in their.
Speaker 2: Showing up, Like, hey, I know you have a bunker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's like one more mouth to feed more person just in the cot mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't have this on my algorithm though.
Speaker 2: Really is it?
Speaker 1: I wonder is it because you're watching Paradise?
Speaker 2: I got intrigued because this one bunker guy popped up my feed.
Speaker 1: Who's built them?
Speaker 2: For all the billionaires like Zuckerberg and everybody else?
Speaker 1: Okay, that brings up a whole other I don't know why I got so.
Speaker 2: You had a visceral reaction, Yes for you, sweating cat, just how my palms.
Speaker 1: Are getting Ah wait, bit for some reason, billionaire and bunker freaks me out because they already get away with so much stuff because they have billions of dollars. Yeah, that I'm like, they don't get to have a bunker because they could be doing If somebody's going to do something with a bunker, I feel like it's going to be that. That's very judgmental, and I acknowledge that and I will work on that. And that is how I feel right now.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if this is true or not, because again it was just in my algorithm, but there apparently is some secret Paradise esque type bunker situation that all the wealthy people have. I'm not talking about Zuckerberg. I'm talking about just maybe not billionaires, but maybe they're multi multi millionaires and there's this community of where they will know but as should they need to. They bought in and it exists somewhere in America. Yeah, like a prestigious club that you can get into hold your slot. I mean, ronal, what a racket be Like, Oh yeah, to all these people with money, you just act like you have this Like.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: Let's hope so because they're whyse with their money? Obviously, most people that wealthy don't just have the wealth because they're well, unless buying bunkers sight unseen.
Speaker 1: Unless they've just been gifted that money through you know, inheritance. Yeah, which they could still be wise with their money. But okay, is that on your algorithm that you're seeing that because I didn't. I've never heard this, Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm true. Also Switzerland, I believe I talked about this on the Bobby Bone Show. I think they have a shelter for everyone in their population.
Speaker 1: Well how big is your population?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know exactly, but still to have something and then some and they have extra space, but it's required, like they have somewhere safe for everybody to go shelter bunker types underground yeah or in the Yeah, in the ground, under the.
Speaker 1: Ground, it's the difference. No, in the ground, not underground. So here it is.
Speaker 2: Switzerland has a vast network of nuclear hardened shelters and bunkers capable of housing its entire population of over nine million people.
Speaker 1: What's the population of United States?
Speaker 2: Way more than that. Shenon's going to look it up.
Speaker 1: Should we move to Switzerland?
Speaker 2: I'm thinking maybe we should, just cause they seem happy neutral. Yeah, they're like it's what they're them for being neutral and positive. I mean they have a plus sign on their flat.
Speaker 1: What what's the cuisine of Switzerland? That would be a we have in the US.
Speaker 2: We have three hundred and forty two million.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a little different, so yeah, crazy, Okay, So I'll I would consider Switzerland, but I don't like, I don't think like I want to go on vacation there to try their food because what is their food? Well, we're gonna look that up. Okay, what is it like? Well, Shannon's looking up a Swiss cuisine? Cuisine?
Speaker 2: Do they have Swiss cheese?
Speaker 1: Like Swiss cheese? But I do? Is that a pretzel? I know that's like a German thing, But is that just like a soft pretzel?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or like a leaner schnitzel. You just wanted to say that I did.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, Well Shannon already found it, so we'll do the other thing in a second. But popular Swiss cuisine is by hearty Alpine influenced dishes featuring generous amounts of cheese, potatoes, and bread.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can do that, Yeah, I can do it. I'll move, let's go. I had two more bunkers.
Speaker 2: We're going population nine million plus two more? Oh wait and cat and you're having a baby, so I have.
Speaker 1: To bring my husband. Yeah, I can't take the baby. That's kidnapping. If you take it away from the father.
Speaker 2: Well he can come too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is speaking of other ways of being? I came across four Victorian inspired phase phrases for dealing with men, and these just made me laugh. Okay, did you watch Bridgerton? No? You know, I love Gilded Age and I didn't.
Speaker 1: Watch any of those like Olden Days shows. And I don't know why. Part of it is I have a hard time understanding what they're saying.
Speaker 2: Really well, I'm speaking ill because it's not really You're done, That is not what I mean. I just feel like, really because it's not like it's some crazy accent that's like or you could just put the subtitles one like what the Help.
Speaker 1: I never have tried. I just remember watching the what was it The Crown? The Crown, and that was hard to follow for me. Right, You're like, yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is just formal Okay, speaking Victorian, you know proper. So if your man is talking to you in a condescending way, this is what you can say to him. You appear most committed to the sound of your own voice.
Speaker 1: Isn't that cute? Yeah, I'll say that to past, but you just say it with it you like an English accent.
Speaker 2: I just feel like it's like proper.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But okay, you appear most committed to the sound of your own voice.
Speaker 1: You know what I've been looking up because I'm watching a show that is we have to have the subtitle song. It's broad Church. It's in England, I'm pretty sure. And you can't like some of the some of the words, we don't have that word like, they're just they the way they say things are, It's just everything is either cuter or sweeter or like meaner. Like maybe because it's not my language, but I'm envious of it.
Speaker 2: Do you know the happiest language this is just from the Dome. Don't quote me because maybe research has changed. I guess yeah.
Speaker 1: Australian.
Speaker 2: No, No, that's English, Spanish, Ah, it's like the happiest, like you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, And the angriest I feel like would be German yeah, or Russian.
Speaker 2: Freaks me out, maybe because those places are both freaky.
Speaker 1: I wonder I feel like German the way they have to talk, they have to be so like direct. Yeah, the words you have to say them so like.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay. When your man is defensive, your fragility is most revealing.
Speaker 1: I feel like that might make him more defensive.
Speaker 2: When he won't apologize, accountability appears beyond your current capacity. Now I feel like it turned into a Southern Bell. Accountability appears to be beyond your current capacity.
Speaker 1: You're good that.
Speaker 2: Who was the girl from White Lotus? What would she say? What would she say?
Speaker 1: I love talking to I never even watched that, but I knew that. And there's another thing she would say? Was the named Parker Posy. I think that's the actress. Oh that's not her name in the show.
Speaker 2: I think it's her real name. And she was fabulous as that character. Sounam me the final one when you're done dealing with his Oh wait, hold on, I have another one for when he won't apologize. Sorry, there's two options. This conversation has reached its natural demise.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a robot. This conversation has reached its natural demise. I've start of lost my victory self implowed.
Speaker 2: I sort of lost my Victorian era when I mixed with Southern Bell. This conversation has reached its natural demise. Okay, when you're done dealing with his bs. I have two options for you. I take my leave of this foolishness. You may continue alone.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. You may you may continue and that still sounds to me like a robot. You may continue alone. Goodbye, You may continue alone.
Speaker 2: Mandarin, Chinese, German, Arabic, Russian, and Korean are frequently cited as sounding the most aggressive when they really they could be saying something so sweet and nice, but it just sounds a little more.
Speaker 1: I like listening to people.
Speaker 2: Spanish, Yeah, yeah, they have more like sas caliente riba. I wish I had really paid more attention in Spanish. Spanish was ranked number one, followed by Portuguese, English, Indonesia and French. Oh if I could speak French. I've never even been to Paris, but I want to go there and have a croissant.
Speaker 1: I feel like French is not my favorite language. It feels yeah. Italian, I feel like it was very very pretty.
Speaker 2: Give me some Italian because I can't, like, I.
Speaker 1: Can't go that's it.
Speaker 6: Pam balonese, pasta prima vera, oh madn okay okay, okay, But yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, like I can't say a sentence. I know a couple of words, and I know a curse word, and that's about it. You can say a curse word, which one well, I don't know if it's an actual Well, now I'm blanking on it. It's something my grandma always says. I don't know that it's it's what I don't Never heard that vava culo, but I don't know if it was like a sla. My grandma also taught me this word, and now I can't remember what it was, but it meant you look It's something you'd say if you look like a mess. And the translation is you look like a cat sprayed across the wall, splattered on the wall, A cat splattered on the wall. That was like the English translation. But it meant like you look like a mess. But I can't I don't. That's not helpful because I don't remember what it is.
Speaker 5: Sorry.
Speaker 2: I remember when I went to Africa, if they wanted to compliment your outfit, they would say you.
Speaker 1: Looked smart, ooh thank you smart. Smart.
Speaker 2: That means I get think.
Speaker 1: Was that that was a word or they thought that smart man.
Speaker 2: That's how they said, like, oh beautiful, it was smart or like you look nice, smart, but I don't know that wasn't what did they speak in Kenya?
Speaker 1: It's like, do you want to know a fun fact about Italian that I learned when we went I think it was two and.
Speaker 2: That's duh, duh tangible. So I don't know that my brain is working this episode, so I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: That's okay, that makes it better.
Speaker 2: It's priceless.
Speaker 1: So when Italian, you learn Italian. Just because you learn Italian doesn't mean you can go to Italy and speak Italian everywhere, because every single like little city or like suburb or whatever has a different die dialect. And so when we were in Cortona, we went and did this cooking class and we were talking to the people that live there and she was like, if you go one town over, I might I have. That's why Italians talk with their hands so much, because the word that I might use for road might be a different word that they use for road. So we talk with our hands to explain things so we can understand each other. So learning Italian in high school or if you take an Italian class doesn't mean that you're going to be understood in certain areas or that you'll understand right certain areas. And I thought that was so interesting because English is here. It's just English. I mean there might be like slang words, but.
Speaker 2: I mean we would say like pop coke soda pop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we would all understand that, like highway road free.
Speaker 2: Some people say freeway.
Speaker 1: But we understand what that. If somebody were to come and say freeway, we would understand what that.
Speaker 4: Matt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I also talked with my hands a lot.
Speaker 1: Are you talking? Well, maybe it's just part.
Speaker 2: Of my No. I believe I'm Irish, which didn't end up on a friendly or a aggressive list.
Speaker 1: The language, Well, don't don't Irish people speak English Ireland? I think they speak English. I mean I could be wrong.
Speaker 2: But that their their accent is very different.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh oh oh, can you do an Irish accent?
Speaker 2: I just did?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 2: I said Ireland Ireland from they.
Speaker 1: Say like day and bar the perk or the gurden the garden instead of I've watched a video trying to learn the accent of Irish because I feel like that's such a fun accent that in Australian, but it's so hard, and it was something about like instead of a ar it's like e er so that they say, would you like to go to the perk or the gurden?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the of the gurden? Okay, well, but yes, be talking like this. I don't know if I'm bither at this because my sister and I did it so much growing up when we would say, oh, sister, I don't know, do you know where father is?
Speaker 1: Like, we talked like this all the Time's natural.
Speaker 2: We'd like, go order our food in public this way.
Speaker 1: People were like, uh, somebody calls some help, right, I thought of the curse word, so.
Speaker 2: Well, if it's in another language, it's fine.
Speaker 1: It's fun goal, which means I think the F word.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 1: So my grandma could say that, and it's not like she was cussing because I didn't know what I met. Right, The more you know, I could be wrong though, so fact check me or don't or just let me live. Just in the live your life, speak how you want, do your thing?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, good, perk of the gurden.
Speaker 1: Try to say something else. With the Irish accent. It's very to say do you want.
Speaker 2: Lucky?
Speaker 5: Erm?
Speaker 1: Wait, what is it the slogan they're after my They're after me lucky terms there after me lucky terms.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I guess that's all I got to say.
Speaker 1: Do you want to go to lunch? Do you want lunch? All I have in my head is do you want to go at the lunch? And now now I sound like Dracula. Think about do you want to go at the lunch? Think about how hard it is for actors.
Speaker 2: I don't know how they do it. How did they do It's like a gift. Yeah, obviously one we don't have, like people that can sing or dance. Like impressions are some people are so good impressions. I mean, yeah, it's crazy. Like sometimes my algorithm will get on impressions of people just impersonating different people. There's this one girl that does a Claar Danes impression that is just so spot on.
Speaker 1: That's such a random impression too.
Speaker 2: Like the other day I thought it literally was Claire Danes and then I was like, oh no, no, this is that girl that impersonates her.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: And then this one guy was doing Obama but it was like a white guy, so you knew it wasn't Obama obviously, but it was perfect.
Speaker 1: Wow, you almost could pass as him if.
Speaker 2: My eyes were closed, right, But even his facial expressions, look in the pauses like it wasn't just the words, it was like the pause and the like it was everything was perfect.
Speaker 1: And like Eddie on.
Speaker 2: The Bobby Bone Show, he can do really good impressions of like Luke Bryan.
Speaker 1: Isn't that just like contracts though?
Speaker 2: No, he really sounds like Luke and then it's not just like oh Brian, like he really sounds like him, and then or like Disney characters and stuff like he can like goofy people can sound like those characters. It's crazy. I don't have that gift. Trying to figure out my gift.
Speaker 1: Honest. I was gonna say that could be something you learn and like improv.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know. I think it's like it's again, I couldn't learn how to sing it improv.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you might learn how to do impressions. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think the only one I have is Russian Russian ceister.
Speaker 1: That's like mediocre at best. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, well there you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's fun. Okay. Well, we hope wherever you are that you have the day you need to have. Bye bye,