Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I am Jaselle Bryant. What's that? What's up? My people?
Speaker 1: This is Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here once again with us. We are back, y'all. I'm so sorry we didn't have a new episode last week.
Speaker 2: Right right, but we are back. We're back and in live form and rare form in yes, and form in our form, usual form, unusual form. I don't think anything is rare for us, No, no, no, no, no, but I do. I did see your car outside, but we'll talk about that later. What kind of what language is that, Robin, I'm not quite sure what that's the language of a woman that has called just strangling her husband. You gonna see me on the ID channel, guys, and trust me, I was justified as not first degree. It's going to be like third degree? What is third degree murder?
Speaker 1: Like you didn't I don't know you like just snapped. I see me on snap that.
Speaker 2: I thought that was a second degree. How did we get to third? Third? Is like the person deserved it? Okay, you snapped and they deserved it. Okay, that's third degree. That's third degree. Wan Antonio is walking like on borrow time. And let me tell you one Antonio is doing right this second right because he's here. Yeah, he's here. What he could be doing right, but he's not doing it. He could be doing the you know, but is he sleeping?
Speaker 1: He's watching Insecure? He is what he's he's picked up a new series to.
Speaker 2: Us, but that's old. Yeah, one, Antonio Dixon, you better clean that garage out, okay and stop watching Isa Ray? Yes? Does he like Issa or Amanda Seals? I love a man?
Speaker 1: You know, I haven't. I haven't gotten the he just like started it randomly, So I've never watched Insecure.
Speaker 2: You should watch it with them. It's really good, I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like he just decides to watch it when I'm like not around or like what, I'm here doing a podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'll see how he feels about it and then maybe I'll just jump in wherever he is.
Speaker 2: But yeah, okay, well do you have is that your reasonably shady moment? No? I mean that No? Okay, So what is so this week? Earlier? This week?
Speaker 1: You know, big group of people we had a huge accomplishment. Yes, we you know, finished a major project that we've been working on this, yes, or for you know months and months, you know, yes, you know, three four months or whatever. And it was just like one of those like, yes, we're done, everybody, great job, right, let's gather around and take a picture.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, love that.
Speaker 1: So it's like at least, you know, one of those huge group pictures. Everyone's squeezing in. It's like forty people, forty a lot of them. You think forty fifty people may.
Speaker 2: Probably like forty five.
Speaker 1: Okay, like forty five people squeezing into the picture and people getting on the ground and there's crouching down and you know, they little the knees are starting to hurt because they're they're stooping down and all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but everybody's super happy.
Speaker 1: Everyone is like, yay, everyone get in. Oh you here, get in.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, don't forget so and so get in. Right.
Speaker 1: So we're all squeezing in the picture. We trying to want to make sure everybody gets in the picture. And then this asshole and her partner husband walks.
Speaker 2: Yes I'm not trying to be specific, but okay, this asshole and her husband walks in front, like in front of the entire group to like the left side of the group. Yeah, and stands upright.
Speaker 1: In front of the whole left side.
Speaker 2: Of the picture. So they were blocking one, two, three, four people, forty.
Speaker 1: Five let's see me, like five people, like you can see me peek my head out on one side in one of the pictures. Another picture you can't see see me at all, Like it's just like, yeah, it's I was so dumbfounded, Like I like the whole group of us was like, did they just literally walk in front of this whole picture and stand up right and not just stand upright, but make sure like the leg was like propped up, you know all, you know, all the skin showing and stuff. And I'm like, how how much like how much lack of self awareness do people have these days?
Speaker 2: I would never do that, never, because typically when you're running late to a group picture, you're getting in, you're squeezing, and you're making sure everybody else because everybody else insists right, everybody's a set. You're coming in to the mob making sure that you're seeing, but you're not blocking anybody. They've blocked five people.
Speaker 1: I couldn't believe they had no aware there're no care and no consideration for the people that they were blocking. Didn't even bother like turn their hand and be like, oh my gosh. And I was just so dumb founded that I just let it happen. I'm just standing here like I can't believe these motherfuckers just did this, Like this is so because I know who they are, right, I mean, you probably can probably figure it out, but I was dumbfounded.
Speaker 2: And I showed the picture.
Speaker 1: I said, look at this shit, and he was like, what the fuck? Like that's rude as shit, Like I think anybody who sees this would be like, this is some rude shit. Yeah, so self absorbed, like I couldn't.
Speaker 2: It's just me. So they are sha d yeah health yes heal the year, same group of people, but different event, which, by the way, if you're bored, you can scroll on TMZ and see a snippet of what happened at this event. Okay, And it was falling tins and purposes and all out brawl at a And I guess we can tell you because it was on TMZ a little bit. It was at me and Ashley. We had an event and it happened there towards the end. For whatever reason, everybody looked at the video about fourteen times. I looked at it like forty five times. I'm going because I slowed it down. I was like, what a because we did what? Yes, let's be clear, Jazelle wasn't there, right, Okay, So for whatever reason, everyone thought that someone got yanked to the ground by their hair. And the person that did the yanking she had on like a lime yellowish outfit and she had a blond ponytail. Yes, that person is not me right at all? Right, but for whatever reason, everybody on the internet said that was me and Gizelle jumped into an altercation. What day would Gazelle jump into an altercation? Come board, now, y'all?
Speaker 1: Like what I was just like when I saw people trying to say that that was y'all, was like, Oh.
Speaker 2: They want it to be Jizelle.
Speaker 1: They want Gizelle to be involved in this, because first of all, the young lady that they're referring to has like caramel all complexed again. And you can tell no, it's not it's not caramel.
Speaker 2: I mean no, she does. And she's beautiful, right, she's beautiful. You can tell in the video that she has caramel complexed skin. Yes, you can tell that this is not Cizelle's hype shape, mannerisms like nothing, and she she has a champagne glass in her hand. I don't drink champagne. Everyone knows that, Okay, Well, I don't know if they know that. I mean, come on, I'm just saying, y'all know now, I don't drink champagne. Right, So that wasn't me. Anybody who said it was me and Shady.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they they want it to be you, right, you know what I'm saying, like they first of all, Thank goodness, I told myself it's time to go five minutes before it broke up.
Speaker 2: Yes, So I'm like, look, my name truly has been and I ain't in it.
Speaker 1: I don't and I'm so grateful for that. I don't have fomo at all.
Speaker 2: No, no, okay, And I want for the record because because this will, this will video will reappear at some point and future. For the record, Gazelle was halfway home when this happened. Giselle wore black that night, right, not I had my hair out, not an opponent tail, so not me. Yeah, I mean, well yeah, no, one.
Speaker 1: No one that knows the truth is going to debate that, right, like we all know that.
Speaker 2: But it was just funny.
Speaker 1: It was very funny because I think I think it's just it just showed you that people wanted it to be you. They wanted to try to put you in this, wanted to blame you for something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like whatever, people calm down. I am not enemy number one. Okay, everybody just calmed down. Now, guess who is enemy number one? Eminem? I don't know. Yeah, we've talked about that later. But anyway, enemy number one I think, or enemies number one might be Elon Musk and Zuckerberg because they're going at it as we all know. And who has who has gotten threads? I got threads? Guys are on threads? Yes? Are you on threads? No?
Speaker 1: You know I'm on threads.
Speaker 2: I'm barely on Instagram. Well let me tell you what happened. I was watching a view and whoopy Goldberg says she was on threads. So I was like, well, whoop, he's on threads. I need to be on threads. I don't know why I felt compelled because whoopee. But whatever, I have like one post or something up. Okay, So Elon called Mark Zuckerberg Zuck the duck, which made me laugh because I'm like, I know you want to say Zuck. I want to I don't give a right or that's what you want to say. You want to say suck, But you said Zuck is a duck. The duck. Okay, somebody needs to help Elon with his reads because that's not a read.
Speaker 1: Yes he does, but Zuck actually has been like training with some like jiu jitsu guys.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you need to look at a picture of him. He's like, oh he's buff. Yeah, Zuck got it together. Okay, okay, so Elon needs to back up.
Speaker 1: Yes, but they're so it's so funny when you see these tweets from Elon Musk or these statements. You know, there's an Elon Musk parody Twitter account as well, so sometimes that account makes crazy statements.
Speaker 2: But then also Elon Musk.
Speaker 1: Says crazy, says crazy thing, so it says, yeah, Elon Musk was saying the crazy stuff. But sometimes you gotta fiure. Okay, wait, is this the parody one or is this the real one?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: But yeah, no, Zach has been has been getting it in I do hope that they make this fight happen and then they televise it.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, and then we don't have to pay for it. We're gonna to pay for it.
Speaker 1: So well, if we paid for ascription, then it should go to like a good cost.
Speaker 2: Yes, they should do it for these people have way too much money. Yeah, because I would pay to us that. Okay, yeah, I'm coming over your house. So how do you like Threads? I haven't spent more than four minutes on it to like figure out if I like it or not. Yeah, but from what I understand, people are nicer.
Speaker 1: Of course they are as it starts out, and then I mean I'm just like, wait until you know, the Real Housewives of whatever comes on and then all the people migrate over there and talk about it.
Speaker 2: But I think, well, or Twitter could just be the place for toxic mess and Threads could be a happy space. Oh I like that. Yeah, I like that. So you know where to go, you know, not to go to Twitter right.
Speaker 1: Like, if you want mess if you want to be toxic, if you want to read the toxicity, go to Twitter.
Speaker 2: Right. If you want more you know, informational or motivational messages or just positive stuff then go to threads. Yes, I like that. I like that. So you're never going to get threads your thread free. I mean, I'll look at it.
Speaker 1: We'll see I don't Yes, I'm not on TikTok. Like, oh, you're not on TikTok to get the threads. I gotta get to TikTok.
Speaker 2: I like tiki talk, right, Yeah, TikTok is kind of cool because it's like no pressure, no stress on TikTok. Really. Yeah, you're in and you'r out. Well that's how I actually for you. Yeah, because my name's not Ashley Darby, so I'm just in and out.
Speaker 1: I would like, honestly, I would love for my kids to participate in tiktoks with me, but like they don't want to.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what I mean, because are they boys? And they no, my kids don't want to either, So it's not a boy no.
Speaker 1: The problem is like they're like they're funny and we interact and we do stuff and I'm like, oh, well let's do TikTok and they're like now, like they just don't want to be like public like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, that's a good thing. Yeah, yeah, I'm not happy now strangely, we haven't. We haven't talked about this at all. Sometimes, guys, we talked about things in advance. We we didn't talk about this at all because I think it's weird. So there was cocaine found in the White House, Yes, and no one thought the Trump people left it there. No one thought that.
Speaker 1: I think probably based on where it was found, it's probably a recent where exactly was a found being found.
Speaker 2: In the Oval Office? Right? No? No, oh, god, here you go spreading. Okay, I'm spreading rumors.
Speaker 3: The Secret Service says it has closed it's instigation into how cocaine got here into the White House without identifying a suspect. The agency says there was no surveillance footage found that provided any leads or any other ways for investigators to determine who left that cocaine in a vestibule area. Without physical evidence, Secret Service says it couldn't single out a person of interest from the hundreds of people, visitors and staff who passed through that highly trafficked area.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it wasn't left in the Oval Office. It was left somewhere in the White House. Now, mind you, the White House just for the rights, just so that everyone's clear here has cameras everywhere. So the fact that they don't know how it got there, where it got there, who brought it, who slid it into someone's nose, Like no one understands, right, Biden was out of town, So it was not Biden or Jills, and it was not his children. I know they trying to say that it was one of them. It was that it was Hunter. Leave Hunter alone.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to figure out exactly where it was hold on? Okay, there was no usable forensic evidence, right, they can't because there's like no they were looking for like fingerprints and DNA like there's no usable evidence. There no evidence to narrow the possible suspects beyond five hundred staff members and visitors who passed through during the weekend. It was found in the west waing in the West wing, so that's in the offices and stuff. Yes, yes, but I'm saying exactly where was it like on the floor, was it in a corner?
Speaker 2: Like I'm just saying where the sound? How about no one there? How about no one cares? Why is this even on the news. Why is this on the news because it's like anthrax. Well they're trying to act like cocaine has never been in the White House. But we know who just laugh and I know, shade to the Trumps.
Speaker 1: But come on now, right, let's all be yeah, true, like yes, you could you know, the kids, all of it. Yes, that's what I.
Speaker 2: Want kids, right. I'm not gonna put that on It was not leftover from the barakiars. No, but I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was left over from anybody's years, because I think it would have been found. I'm just saying it's not just magic just years later. How long is Biden. Biden's been in office for over a year and a half.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not putting it on anybody named Biden. I'm just saying that.
Speaker 1: I'm not putting on Biden. I might put it on Mary, Mary suit that.
Speaker 2: Answered the phone, don't know, okay, Marry Sue. I'm just saying it did.
Speaker 1: I don't think it came from anyone in the Trump camp because it would have been found.
Speaker 2: Before, way sooner than Okay.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they do a full on sweet sweep of everything.
Speaker 2: But this is not news. I just want everybody to be clear, it's not news. Everything is news, is it? Yes, Okay.
Speaker 1: Do you know how salacious cocaine in the White House sounds?
Speaker 2: It doesn't not to me. I just was like I thought that was a Wednesday. Like I just was like so weirded out by it, Like why are we talking about this? And how small it was. It's not like this is a drug raid and we find bricks in the basement. No, this was like a couple of ounces. Right.
Speaker 1: I think it's a little strange. You work in the White House and you're bringing your drugs to work.
Speaker 2: I'm going now outside in the car.
Speaker 1: Yes, in the car at home, Like you really brought them to work clearly and clearly in an accessible place that they like fell out your pocket.
Speaker 2: Like it wasn't like it was like deep. I think it was one of the Secret Service.
Speaker 1: No, they were saying that how staffers are allowed to give tours.
Speaker 2: Oh, it was somebody who had a tour and they have to put their phones and all their stuff in a box.
Speaker 1: It was found near the box, so it's potentially someone that took a tour.
Speaker 2: So it's like somebody from somebody said.
Speaker 1: I still I think it's like it's a service to me. Scandalous relacious headline cocaine in the White House. Like, what's the first thing you think? Ooh, Joe Biden doing.
Speaker 2: Car I never in a million years would think that Joe was doing that now. Now, other decades in his life may, but not now. Okay, Okay, Robin, I am and okay everybody right now, Robin has on pink, which is you know, we always love a good pink up in here? How fast are you going to go see the Barbie movie? Because I'm going to see the Barbie movie? Are you a freakly?
Speaker 3: What do I have to do?
Speaker 2: You have to go to the real world. You can go back to your regular life, or you can know the truth about the universe.
Speaker 3: The choice is now yours, the first one, the high heel you have to want to know.
Speaker 2: Okay, do it again?
Speaker 1: Really, Okay, I'll wait till it gets to DVBO.
Speaker 2: It's not coming on HBO or Netflix. Okay, it might be on Disney.
Speaker 1: But you know, like I used to play with Barbie. Okay, and the commercials are really cute. The commercials are so cute. Everything about it is so cute.
Speaker 2: I'll com mind you. They took all the pink in the whole world. Okay to make this movie. They have like is in it. They got you know, they got some they got everybody in it, which I love, And I just want to see how Barbie assimilates into the real world. Okay, when is it coming out? It's coming out. It's out, it is, It's out, So I gotta go see it.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, it's okay.
Speaker 2: I'm very excited.
Speaker 1: I just, you know, the last I cannot remember the last time I've been in a movie theater.
Speaker 2: I know you hate the movie theater, but I'm going because I am Son Tan Barbie. I just want you to know you are. I want to know why they didn't ask me to make a cameo in this movie. Maybe it'll be in Barbie two. Okay, it's because there's gonna be a Barbie two. Who would be my Ken doll? Oh, Jason, he would be a barbect Ken. He would he would be Yes, it would be It would be a good Ken doll too, Yeah, would be a great Ken. Yeah. Okay, we have to be in the next movie. Okay, let's petition, Yes, yes, Carly the petition.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, So all right, wait, have people seen it already or their feedback in Rebus?
Speaker 2: Do we know anything about coming out this weekend. Oh, it'll be out by the time. Okay, yes, sorry, No, nobody has said anything, but everybody knows that it's great.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, all right, I want to know how it is. Yes, maybe that will help me, like, you know, with some nostalgia relive my child. I definitely played with Barbies. Like, do you know when you stopped playing with Barbies? Huh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had a bunch of Barbies. I don't know when I stopped. Maybe high school or is that too late? I don't know. I can't remember. I cannot remember stop I stopped last week. Okay, did your daughters play with Barbie's? They didn't, only because American Girl is out. Okay, so they liked American Girl because American girls, like the dolls are big and you feel like this is like a real person, right yeah, okay, they really didn't get So this is so much of a reboot of Barbie period. Yeah, yeah, I'm here for it. Yeah, okay, can't wait. Okay, moving on.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about a couple of shows.
Speaker 2: Or I don't yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, go ahead, Okay, have you watched The Bachelorette, The New Bachelorette?
Speaker 2: No, but it's the old it's about to be old people, right.
Speaker 1: Well that's that's another one. So there's two I want to talk about.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So currently we have The Bachelorette that's on okay, and then we have the Golden Bachelor coming up. Yes, Bachelor as a man okay, yes, So I want to talk about the Bachelorette. First, beautiful girl, I can't remember her name. She's a beautiful young black girl. That is the Bachelorette.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So Wan and I were watching the premiere okay, and we had to turn it off because you know, this is like the day that they meet everyone. She meets everyone, and you know, they all come in with their little cheesy lines.
Speaker 2: It's just like really cute.
Speaker 1: The longer we watch the show, we literally counted we did not finish the show because we were disgusted. She literally kissed tongue kissed at least five dudes the same day, the same day meet like she literally has a little one on one and they're like talking and then and then it got to the point where one was like she's going to and she's initiating the kiss.
Speaker 2: He's like, she's going to kis them. She's going to kiss them, and then she leans in and kisses this dude after talking to him for like tongue cass. Yes, disgusted.
Speaker 1: So I'm disgusted by like both like her number one, Like who just kisses guys like immediately?
Speaker 2: I mean, there's a least got to be twenty four hours in between rushing teeth or yes, I don't know.
Speaker 1: And then these guys, I'm like, did they know that they were signing up for this?
Speaker 2: Like did they know that they're signing up? I mean we kissing them out over?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, we could not take it anymore. So then I watch it, so we turned it off and like a few weeks.
Speaker 2: Later, what's your name? Damn? It is it Jazmine? It's gotta be Jasmine. Let me see, let me see Monica. She's got to be a No, she's not a Monica. Okay, so mad I can't remember her name's coming up? No, shade to the Monica's out there, but shade Charity. Charity.
Speaker 1: Her name is Charity, Yes, Charity losson. She's super cute, Like you know, I can, okay, if all the guys want her, I get it, But I just couldn't believe that she was kissing these dudes like this and then the dudes I'm just like.
Speaker 2: Okay, but if it was in reverse, would we care that the guy was doing it? Yes? I would.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm more so, it's not even like I'm just thinking about the people who are kissing her. Do they do they knowice she's kissing all the first of all, I guess they don't know that she's kissing all these dudes. Like so if I'm guy number if I'm guy number five, and I okay knowing that she kissing four guys before.
Speaker 2: So gross disgust though, Yes, okay, Now what about the Golden Bachelor, because I might want to sign up for that.
Speaker 1: Is he cute? He's very handsome, and he's like seventy two years old?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I don't want to sign up for that.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, So I'm curious. I'm very curious to see like the age ranges of the women that they put on the show.
Speaker 2: Yes, if he's seventy two, he's seventy one, seventy one, he's handsome, Okay, he don't look seventy one. No, doesn't look seventy one. His name is Jerry Turner. Let's see he's a retired restauranteur who in Indiana.
Speaker 1: Ok Yeah, I want to know how old the women would be.
Speaker 2: I think that'd be really cute.
Speaker 1: But I don't want to see him kissing five women in the on the first.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's going to be doing that. I think he's going to approach this differently. Yeah. Yeah, he wants to have some intellectual conversations and they need to ask him like does you does your does your penis still work? Or do you tayagra did? Like you know, we need to get cut to the chase with these older dudes. I think they will. Okay, when does this come out?
Speaker 1: I want to see this and I want to see like my mom likes watching the Bachelor and Bachelorette series.
Speaker 2: Okay, never watched anyone because we're on Bachelor at eighty.
Speaker 1: Two, right, thousand, one hundred trillion million billions.
Speaker 2: Okay, speaking of other shows, have you watched the new rebooked of the Real Housewives of New York?
Speaker 1: Yes you did? I did, shockingly Okay, good job, Robin.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I enjoyed it, did you? I did all the clips that I saw. I enjoyed it. Yeah. Yeah, So the ladies.
Speaker 1: They're all very it's just so fresh.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's so New York. Okay, I love that.
Speaker 1: I love just looking at their apartments and looking to walk down the streets of New York. It's definitely gives you just like that that New York City vibe. Totally different than the original Real Housewives of New York, which I appreciated them for who they were.
Speaker 2: Absolutely there were you know roney.
Speaker 1: Definitely, they were very you know upper west Side, Upper east Side New York women who were.
Speaker 2: Crazy, Yeah, crazy, but in I mean they were. There was a lot of fun to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fun, crazy, kind of aloof unaware of the world around them.
Speaker 2: Right, very much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these girls are are younger. First of all. The diversities is amazing. So you know, you have a black I think she's from Somalia Uba.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, she's good friends with some friends of mine. Yeah, yes, yeah, I love her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's beautiful. You have someone from Somalia. You have an Indian. You have of course, you know a couple of white girls.
Speaker 2: I don't know. There's one girl on there.
Speaker 1: She looks white, but she has really coarse hair, So I'm wondering if she has some sort of something yeah, something, But anyway, love the diversity, love just their energy.
Speaker 2: That's fun. They're funny, nice.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll definitely watch. Yeah, Okay, for sure.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for them. I'm excited for them. I'm excited for the network because I can see they like put a lot betid it. Yeah, they really want to make it work and make it really really pop, and I think they have something good on their hand.
Speaker 2: I saw a clip from Watch What Happens Live and one of the girls had a run in with Ramona Oh, and Ramona was treated her like shity surprise show her and I think the girl took it in stride or whatever, but I would I saw that Sonya like congratulate them, wish them the best of luck. So that's nice to see that. Some of the older ladies are you know.
Speaker 1: But Sonia congratulated them, and it was like, by the way, watch Crappy Lake. Yeah, because Sonya has a Sonya and Luanne have a show, which apparently I haven't.
Speaker 2: I had it on but I wasn't really watching.
Speaker 1: But I think people are enjoying it just for their like shenanigans and stuff. I was like, why can't Robin and just have a Shenanigan show.
Speaker 2: Put that on the list. When we're appealing Barbie, Okay, that's also on the list, Carly, make that happen. Get the petition going. Okay, anyway, gotta do Ashnanny, we gotta do Acenanigans. So, speaking of speaking of what's not Shenanigans, how quickly are we going to Brooklyn to the library to see the jay Z tribute? I'm it's so excited for him.
Speaker 4: A part of this exhibition is of course having his lyrics all over the front of the library and they have different things inside like a recording master's, never seen before photos, iconic stage.
Speaker 1: Where do you know how much of a career you have had to have in order to have your own art installation in a library?
Speaker 2: And it looks like a jay Z museum?
Speaker 1: I thought, I mean it's super cool, like it's so it's so dope, like can you imagine just living their life like and like you just your lyrics are written all over the the front of the Brooklyn Library.
Speaker 2: I'm the Brooklyn Library. I'm not going to go to see it, are you?
Speaker 1: I mean, if I'm in, how long is it going to be there?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I want to find that out. How long it's going to be there. I'm in and it's free, which I love. Yeah, if I'm in New York, yeah, i'd make If I'm in the city, i'd make my way to Brooklyn if I had time. For sure.
Speaker 1: Actually I plan to go to New York in August, so maybe I will, okay and take the kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, they're okay, they would love it. But to see their namesake because lyrics say they are named guard or they are so for sure. Yeah, and it's super dope. It's it is And I think that you know, there's there's videos of Jay and Blue I think walking and you could just see the humbleness that it's probably like taking them back a bit, like, oh my gosh, this is like amazing, right, So I you know, I appreciate the fact that as big as they are, it seems like Jay and Beyonce are still very humble people.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, they seem like like I love that about them. And I think like in this world where you see people who are you know, on reality TV shows and their head blows up, like then you have someone like a Beyonce who you still feel like is humble. Did Ever when I met Beyonce, I met her with Destiny's Child because they were it was a concert. It was actually the day after my wedding, in my first wedding in two thousand and five, and I met I did a they had a meet and greet, so I was able to go to meet and greet and Kelly and Michelle were like so bubbly and funny and you know, just energetic. And Beyonce, he was just sitting there and she was so sweet, but she was you could tell she's so shy. She was just like, hi, how you doing, Like real timid, real quiet. So it's like really cool to see that, like that's her personality. And then you see her on the stage and you know, larger than life and been doing this forever, but just to see how it wasn't in a mean way at all. It was just like she actually was really kind of shy and timid, and I was like, wow, like this is their personality. But yes, for someone like them, larger than life to actually still be moved by something and touched by having you know, your lyrics on the front of a library, you.
Speaker 2: Know, like that's that's them and he's he's from Brooklyn, right or is he from yes, Marcy Projects and yes, okay right and hometown? Yeah yeah, I think that that is beyond amazing. Yeah, so congratulations to the Calta family. Y'all keep like braising a bar like it's ridiculous, right, Okay, So speaking of the Carters, they were at a party by Michael Rubin, right, who, by the way, do you know he made his money from Fanatics? Yes? Yeah, over a billion dollars?
Speaker 1: Right, but like insane and that's like who knew? I didn't because I didn't know. I didn't know either.
Speaker 2: I mean, look to do it up right, I was like, he's having a party. He didn't invite me, Like how dare he? And then I was like what does he do? And then I was like, oh, so he has a percentage of everything sports.
Speaker 1: For all, like the sports merchandise like see yes, yeah, so I guess whatever sold on the Fanatics website. And I assume that's all you know, NBA, NFL, NHL, maybe you know colleges and stuff if they are able to get deals with them and stuff like yeah, so he gets all those when people buy jerseys or whatever. That's him and freaking credible. Well we're friends now, yeah, that's all that's for Carley to do to make us friends. You know, I was like this close. So he had a white party.
Speaker 2: So your party? Okay. So after the party that everybody saw that was in the Hampton's j Low Ben jb all those people the card that she owns. Oh, by the way, is it a problem for Kim to be dating Brady? Tom Brady? Yeah? Why is everybody that I don't know? I kind of think so, but whatever, I don't care, Like, what's the problem. There's no problem. Everybody's like, he cannot date her, that's dating down? What like what.
Speaker 1: Could so if he did if he dated a waitress from his local restaurant, y'all'll be fine.
Speaker 2: He's dating down. And the Karktdashians are terrible and they ruined people's lives. I'm like, no, no, you can't like it's fine if somehow Tom's life is ruined.
Speaker 1: If he dates Kim and his life is ruined, that's on him. Like it's a grown man with a long career, right, and he's fine, he's but.
Speaker 2: He ruined his own life two years ago when he decided to come back and then quit and then messed up his marriage and he did exactly yes, and.
Speaker 1: Then he's going into like broad he's finished playing. He's going to be a sports of football broadcaster. It's going to be on there, like fumbling his words because of Kim Kardashian.
Speaker 2: I think they would make a nice little couple, to be quite honest, Hey, I'm not mad at it. Yeah she wants but anyway, moving on, So Ruben had this party. He didn't invite me. However, he went to Vegas right afterwards, and Robin and Wall were in Vegas. So I was like, Robin, you better get yourself in that party.
Speaker 1: Yes, and apparently we were a day late and a dollar short. We got the parties on a Saturday night and we got there on Sunday. Man, But we would have been able to go had we been there Saturday because it was for like the NBA Players Association, and.
Speaker 2: He was a former NBA player. No peop, you know you could have been. He would have been able to get in too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I wish I wish I had known sooner. See one would have been like he know wand doesn't care about parties, so I would have had to come up with another reason for us to go a day earlier to Vegas.
Speaker 2: Just how about just spending time because you're going to see the Usher concert. That's what you would have told him. And he had been like, okay, Robin, but really you was zooming over to Ruben's party, right, yes, right he was.
Speaker 1: I did see him at the games that we were at Usher, Michael Rubin.
Speaker 2: Okay, whatever, I don't care about seeing him. I just want to be at the party.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yes, so we would have been and we would have been like super cool parents because like little baby was there and my kids, little baby.
Speaker 2: You can take a pictures. I mean I could have just been like I was in the room a little baby. Oh you could be like little baby, can we take a little flick? And because I'm gonna win like the Mammy of the Year awards? Right, yes, yes, but no darn continue. Okay, so next time, y'all have to plan accordingly, Robin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess, so, yeah, yeah, I guess.
Speaker 2: So Vegas, by the way, how do you feel about it because you haven't been there in a while, right.
Speaker 1: Hadn't been there in a while, and just seeing like all the new facilities that they're building like what so well, first of all, that football stadium. You know they have the NFL team there is phenomenal right from the Oh my god, it's like all black. You know, it's the Raiders and their colors are like black and silver whatever. The outside of it is like black and it's shiny. It just looks so cool, Okay, so beautiful. So the football stadium is amazing. They're just building all these new facilities to host events and they want to take over, like they want.
Speaker 2: To be the place wherever one hosting, like the new LA type thing. I mean, not even LA.
Speaker 1: It's just like it's so they have this sphere. Have you seen pictures of the sphere, and like they changed, Like what's what it looks like on the outside. So sometimes it looks like a basketball, sometimes it looks like the moon.
Speaker 2: What's inside the sphere, it's it's a venue. It's a it's an entertainment venue.
Speaker 1: So I think they can play, you know, they'll have concerts, they'll have they could do like basketball games all that type off. There's something similar to that in Dubai, okay, and it is very cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's super cool. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: I mean they're just building so much stuff so that it's like it just you can go to Vegas and do so much. You know, you can do all the shows, to do the shopping, sporting events. Oh, they're like they're building some NASCAR Formula one track. Okay, so they're going to have that there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. This all the things that you're saying make me feel like I'm never going ever, don't.
Speaker 1: I want no parts of this. Okay, it's great. I think it's great for like, you know, of course to take kids.
Speaker 2: Yes to you if you.
Speaker 1: Want like a quick short trip to do to knock out a few things.
Speaker 2: Okay. Now we got to talk about the heat. Oh, the heat is an absurdity to mankind. Like I feel like it's from June May, June to September. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when we were there, even the people like the drivers, the Uber drivers and the taxi drivers, it was like, whoo is hot? They were like, well they say it like that, yeah it's hot. Yeah, They're like yeah, it's hot. So like it was just it's absurdly hot. Like I think when we were there, it was like oh oh, and I think when we were there was like one hundred and.
Speaker 2: Twelve degrees and then.
Speaker 1: Days after we left, it was going to be like one hundred and sixteen.
Speaker 2: What yes, So do they have the because when I was there, it was really hot, like on the curb, on the sidewalk saying like water like water splashing everywhere.
Speaker 1: Oh like I missed, Like yeah, yeah, there's like misters, which you really don't feel. I feel like the air the water evaporates before half seconds.
Speaker 2: Yeah right.
Speaker 1: But it was kind of interesting though, because like I didn't really sweat, you know, it's like because it's dry, because it's dry heat. Then I get back home here and you freaking walk outside for half a second and it's like you're dripping, Yes you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Speaking of Vegas, Bravo kan will be in vague. Yes, so I have predicted that people are going to jail, like just why no jail. Yes, no, no one's going to do that's my prediction.
Speaker 1: My prediction is that someone's going to get married in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, during Bravo con Yes, I don't know, Okay, somebody maybe one of those Oh they got a little wild new housewife on Rony. Maybe she'll get married.
Speaker 1: She's already says she wanted to like meet Shep or something.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, true, or me chasing on gay married in Vegas exactly during Bravo Con exactly, yes, on day two. Yes, I Shep will probably end up in jail. Sorry, Shep, And somebody's got to end up in jail. It's just I just doing what though, I don't know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are they gonna be doing? Being like drunk?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're thinking that less debaucher or the same amount of debauchery that happened in New York will happen in Vegas. And nobody went to jail in New York. So nobody's gonna go to jail in Vegas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I want to know why they're going to jail.
Speaker 2: Something happens, something I don't know. I just feel like something's gonna happen. I pray not for all my Bravo labs out there. However, Vegas is just a recipe for disaster.
Speaker 1: Vegas is humongous though, it'd be very interesting to see.
Speaker 2: How that works out. Okay, So Bravo Con guys. November tickets are not on sale, but they will be soon, like any minute, any minute, they will be on sale. Get your ticket because I'm gonna be there Robin's gonna be there whether she likes it or not, and and it's gonna be great. Yes, I can't do Bravo con for my sofa. No, you cannot virtual Bravo conk. You cannot do that would be really great. All right.
Speaker 1: This is this is my ideal Bravo con experience experience. Okay, we picked my house up. Yeah, fly it to Vegas. Not happening, sit it, you know, as like a little tourist attraction.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, I lay on my couch on my back yea.
Speaker 1: With my head, you know, face and the ceiling and you know the people get in line and they come take their picture.
Speaker 2: Do they lay down with you? They's just like stoop they like stoop down.
Speaker 1: And like not happening.
Speaker 2: All right. So somebody wrote in and they want our opinion. Okay, this person's name is Shamarion. Yes, we know me me. Why can't you? Why don't you write me me? Then? I don't know her government name? Okay. Anyway, Hi Jizzi and Robina, it's your favorite fan? Oh me me? Okay, Yes, my peeps and I were having a discussion and wanted to know you guys opinion. The discussion question was, how would you feel if your significant other went on a family trip with their ex but you were not invited? What are your thoughts?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you and Jamal go on family trips?
Speaker 2: Okay, right, we have yes, okay, so this is similar. Yes, oh, okay, I assume okay, okay, so you and Jamal go on family trips with the girls. Yes, so if.
Speaker 1: Jamal had a girlfriend, right, so it's from that girlfriend's perspective, Oh.
Speaker 2: This is one okay, Okay. So she's like, should I be upset because she wasn't invited? Right? She should not be upset? Okay, because she wasn't invited? Should not be upset? Girl, You're just not coming. I don't know you girlfriend. Now? Have I met this girlfriend? Yeah? There's so many right, how long have you been around? Have you met my children? You know? Do you know how to travel? Do you have a passport? Like? It's so many things, right, right?
Speaker 1: Exactly right? Other things go into it. However, I think the right It depends on things. And we're just assuming that when you say family trip, it's the ex is going to be with his he's going because he's going to be with his kids. Right, So we're assuming that right where else would you be going? Yeah, I could see where as a girlfriend or whatever, a significant other, you would be a little upset because it's like, oh, you know, First of all, your brain goes to, I don't know, you're going to be your ex wife whatever, getting on. And then the other part is like, what you do you know you don't want me around your kids? Or are we not in a close enough relationship that I'm not family? You know, I can't consider family, So you'd be but hurt. Yeah, so I think it depends on the length of the relationship, right. So okay, so if Jamal, if he had just some girlfriend that you've never met, the only dating for six months.
Speaker 2: Or you know, like he's about to marry this person, would she be invited? I think she should. Really, Yeah, I do. I'd say, I would you know what I should? I would ask the kids, because he's coming to spend time with them, right, I would ask the kids like, do you do you want this whole around? Do you want the strumpet around?
Speaker 1: I think, right, yeah, I guess the kids. Depending on the age of the kids, they should be able to have some input.
Speaker 2: Right, And that's the kids and my kids would be like nah really, and they'd be like, and dad, if you really want to invite it and you're forcing this on his dad, you can stay home too, right, just got booted?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, so I guess Okay, it really depends on the scenario.
Speaker 2: But I think I think that you need to be an adult about this, right. You really need to be mature and understand that it's not about you, right, It's about the kids.
Speaker 1: Yes, if their kids involved, it's about the.
Speaker 2: Kids, yes, for sure. Now, if it's just everybody's single here, no children, know nothing, why would you be invited? Right? Yeah, so it has to be about the kids. Yeah. Now it could be a situation in which it's it's family members like aunties are going mom, all that, mom, dad, all that? Okay, and you're not invited. Yeah, because don't nobody like you? Right? Only he likes you, right, and we're trying to figure out what's wrong with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's so many questions here. Yes, it's like this is when you follow ups. Look, Mimi, if you want to send your follow ups in go for itch.
Speaker 2: Yes, because this was too vague, I need details.
Speaker 1: We got another email, okay, this one is from LaToya Hi Robin and jaw. My name is LaToya Windrow and no you don't have to bleep out my name because I'm thirsty for the shout out. Okay, so hi LaToya. Yes, I love you, ladies, And I have a suggestion. How about you to create a short YouTube channel show about y'all's lives. Doesn't have to be long, just fifteen minutes of seeing y'all's friendship play out, hanging out or doing odd jobs for giggles, and maybe even include the kiddos because as a mom, those are the moments I love watching most. Also Giselle, which CBS selles sneakers. I've been wondering this since binging season three for the fourth time, when you guys were in cann and you call Karen out for her choice of footwear. Stay reasonable, ladies, but most importantly say shady.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I need to address that. Yes, I was not saying Karen bought them there. I was saying that those are the shoes that she puts on to go to CBO, like ok you know how you put on some like whatever to go to seven eleven CBS Walmart, tried to walk the streets of France, right, those should not have been in her suitcase.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: We were in France, Moche, No, what's my friends? Were we we something? Anyway? All them things did not equal Karen shoes. Okay, that was a mess. Oh my god, that was actually funny. That was actually a fun season. Do we find that season? That season was a little wild. I can't remember what happened. It's all like a.
Speaker 1: Season three, I want to say, was our first taste of like crazy. Okay, it was a lot of like Monique beef with who everyone?
Speaker 2: Everyone? Oh, well you and I? Oh okay, now me and her were good? I thought, No, we weren't good.
Speaker 1: Season three is when they brought Kindle around.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so everybody was just like being rude to me. Let's be rude to Giselle. Okay, that we see how long that lasted? Speaking of for the last what we just talked about, So Sherman, it's being a Kindle a guy that I used to date. He would he was always extremely impressed with the relationship me and Jamal had as it relates to our kids, and he wished that he could have that kind of relationship. So you know it. It's I was reading something and it said or I was watching you know that Instagram is the death of me. So somewhere on there, this dude said you can never be friends with your ex, and if you are friends with your ex, it's because you never love them or you still love them, and that person is completely immature. Okay, because I don't agree with the guy that says that, Yeah, you can be friends with your ex.
Speaker 1: Called growth immaturity buddy, Right, Yeah, that's nonsense. Like, was this one of those people who are like dropping gems that you know, they're like over.
Speaker 2: Here trying to drop in the gems you know, Yeah, heal it. I can't. I wish I knew name.
Speaker 1: And that's horrible because people listen to that ship and then they're like, see, I told you we can't be You can't be friends with your ex, Like no, no, no, you should be. That's what you should be striving for to be friends with because it again, it's not about you, it's about the kids the end.
Speaker 2: And if you're selfish, if you do it any other Yeah, and even if.
Speaker 1: You don't have kids, like why can't you just genuinely want the best for someone or you know, move move forward whatever reasons you broke up who knows.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you fell out.
Speaker 1: Of love and you just don't want to be with that person.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm friends with all my exes, right, most of them, I should say, because they were friendlye friendly. Yes, they all want me to make them some more brownies, but I will not write anyway. Moving on, that's our show for today. We love you guys so much. Don't ever forget to live your life either reasonable or shady both. Bye bye. Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows
Speaker 2: And you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady