Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock mover's report the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Master, Tim Stenebeck, Romain Bostik, and Scarlett Fool.
Speaker 3: All right, so let's get to you some of the individual gainers. No surprise, I'm going to go to those regional bank names. Zion's Bancorp rallying after that thirteen percent decline yesterday, up almost six percent in today's session as a new set of earnings from some of the regional lenders were solid, so easing concerns about credit quality at some of the regional banks. So you look at Zion's, it was up five point eight percent, Truest, which came out with earnings today they were up about three point seven percent, and then Fifth Third that stock gained about one point three percent. I also do want to mention on Zion's upgraded to outperform from neutral at Baird, with the analyst noting that the selloff seemed excessive. So we definitely see some movement in those regionals to the upside. Got to mention American Express that one one of the top gainers in the SMP five hundred to gain the more than seven percent. In today's session, Amex reported earnings that beat expectations after unveiling that long anticipated Platinum credit card refresh last month. Yeah, it costs a lot. You get more benefits.
Speaker 4: It costs a lot.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about this? Sure because of someone who now is on the hook for it was eight ninety five. It's a lot, whatever it is. And that's on top of you know, what you pay for, you know, all these other high end cards as well. I need your help, Carol Master.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm here to serve you, Romaine.
Speaker 4: What do you need?
Speaker 1: Okoy? Anyway, I need your credit card?
Speaker 3: No, no, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: Can you put me on your family plan or no? No no?
Speaker 3: But you also like have to pay for everybody else who's on the plane. I'm like, you know, kid's twenty two. I'm like, you're on your own now.
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 3: No, not completely, not completely, but no, It's like, I don't know, do the benefits outweigh the cost?
Speaker 1: I don't know. We're about to find out, though, because it's certainly all all these prices keep going up. What else you got, Carl?
Speaker 3: All right, one more thing for you kenv You guys, that was up about eight point four percent in today's session, up the most since August twenty twenty four, at least on an inter day basis, rebounding from a sharp sell off yesterday that sent shows to a record low on news of a lawsuit in the UK related to the use of TALC baby powder. We know that that's been out there, Bloomberg Intelligence coming out and saying the size of thursday stock tumble dwarfs the claim size of the UK suit, So investors maybe agree with that, and so coming back into that stock.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're talking about stocks in the green. Let's look at the stocks in the red or assets in the red. Gold peeling back from a pretty sharp rally. So we saw a number of companies that mine the precious metal under pressure. I want to focus on Neumont tigger ANYM down more than seven and a half percent, one of its worst days in quite some time, but still up more than one hundred and forty percent this year alone. Guys. This does also come after legendary investor Bill Gross came out saying that gold could be either a meme asset or a momentum asset. So certainly bit of pouring a bit of cold water on that rally, but still again precious metal up quite a bit. Also, want to talk about one of the more important stocks in the world, and that is Oracle, falling the most since January twenty seventh, down almost seven percent. This is again a top ten company, depending how you want to look at it, falling after suggesting that investors anticipate a smaller boost from AI infrastructure spending. This is a company that's partnered with open Ai, Meta Elon Musk's Xai, so dialing back their long range financial outlook. Guys, I don't know about you, but I feel like this was kind of the entire bowl case for the market and want to quickly hit.
Speaker 3: On there's still up seventy five percent this year, well, still.
Speaker 4: Up seventy five percent. Still, I don't know what did I say? Eight hundred and thirty or billion dollars in market coop, but focusing quickly on a smaller company Hymns and Hers. We saw sell off in Novo Nordisky Lily after President Trump talking about cutting the cost of those GLP ones. Will that hit Hymns and Hers? Tacker hims down sixteen percent? They help distribute some of these shots to consumers using their apps. So certainly a rough day depending where you sit in the health ecosystem.
Speaker 2: Overall.
Speaker 1: With equities, though, we did see a bit of a relief rally, if you will, you also saw a bit of relief in the treasury market as well. Treasuries down terms on a price basis which pushes the yield higher across the curve three to four basis points on the shorter end of the curve, about two to one on the longer end of the curve as well.
Speaker 2: This Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.