Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Kristin Davis, and I want to know are you a Charlotte? And welcome back everyone? Are you a Charlotte? This is part two with our wonderful producer Easton. We are breaking down season three, episode eight of the best season. I think, yes, I might change my mind when we watch more, but you know, I think that's it. Anyway, here we are welcome back.
Speaker 2: I was just talking to Evy, who works on this show, about there was a there was an article that said I'm having a boyfriend is embarrassed?
Speaker 1: Always a big deal man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know we're talking about like what do you what do you need a man for? Especially as a man, I will lead the march of that, you know, other than like reaching things on a high shelf. But but yeah, at this point when the episode is happening, I mean, like it it's so funny because I think that was that may have been the last episode we talked about together, was one where Miranda's terry designer gets married, and we were I was thinking about that too, because I was Another that also surprised me, is like thinking about Miranda wanting to get married. Everybody wanted it, uh at that point.
Speaker 1: Well, I think felt like you were supposed to do it right, felt pressured, and I mean I think some of that is still there, but I also think that the generations all have their own vibe about it, you know. So now we have like this very big generational gap right between like z X what are what are they.
Speaker 2: Called, uh, millennials, millennials.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm sorry, sorry, sorry, you know, there's there's very distinct things now going on, which I also don't feel like used to be true, right, Like you were supposed to want what the people ahead of you had. Yes, you know what I mean. Now that's not that's like a free for all, right, which I think is as it should be exactly. But I also think some of that is is because of economic issuing, like many different things are impacting that, right, yes, but I also think that it's nice that there's more choice. It's nice that you can pick your own lane and be there. But like you know, when when Mary Beth came on and she said that her friends were criticizing her for one thing a boyfriend that made me laugh so hard, dude, like you're crazy, but she's of the group of boyfriends are embarrassing, right, which I also really like, for me, I find the whole movement of this to be really empowering and great, and I think part of that is because of the social media element, because there was a time when, you know, Instagram official was like this whole thing, like if you weren't posting, you know, like you and the cute you know, significant other or whatever. I don't know, I think that whole thing is just like what awful because I also feel like it's added pressure and also everyone makes it look amazing and obviously relationships are complicated, but you can't really put complicated on Instagram. Yeah, you know, so then it just looks super shiny and beautiful and you're in some beautiful location and everything's beautiful, and you know, it looks just so wonderful and then like you know, there they'll show flowers like oh you give me flowers and you're just like, oh god. But anyway, So that's what I love about Chante Joseph's article Our Boyfriend's embarrassing question mark, And I think maybe is there now and there are boyfriends now embarrassing?
Speaker 2: Is having a boy is having a boyfriend embarrassing now? Which feels like something we would have been a super tight zoom in on Carrie's computer and watch your.
Speaker 1: Type is having a boyfriend now? Embarrassing? Question mark? That is such a Carrie Bradshat question. I love it so much. But I have seen Shane on my Instagram and she has gotten a lot of angry, angry texts as well. So there's the people who love it, like myself, who find the whole message very empowering and like a valid question because some of these boyfriends are frankly embarrassing. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I would argue the majority of them, I would be what I have witnessed out there.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I'm not really you know so much in the mix or whatever, but like, from what I see sometimes I'm like, you do feel like it's a waste of a woman's time.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, it benefits the man so much more in every possible way. The only we got too much on this, But like I've talked to my wife about this story, and like we have had an honest conversation, and I firmly believe that the only thing, the only advantage that I serve her is that it is easier to do certain things if it comes from a man, because that's how society is.
Speaker 1: So fucked up.
Speaker 2: It's so so fucked up.
Speaker 1: It was still so crazy when we're planning.
Speaker 2: Our wedding, we're playing our wedding, we're trying to get this dumb red curtain, and our wedding planner and my wife were emailing the guy who ran the venue. Now response at all, I copy and pasted and sent the exact same email go back to me right away. And that was the first time I had ever really seen that, seen it like happen. And I was like, this happens every day all around me, and it's so sad. And that is the you know, I truly think that's the only but but you know, that's the only thing that I really bring to this is that like, oh, we have we have a great relationship, we get along really well, we love each other's company and stuff like that. But but like I I will be the first to say, we we own our home. Because my wife put it, like found it and put it in a little word together. She pushed me to like get a better job. There's like, oh, I think that's a common story for a lot of these men get dragged kicking and screaming into adulthood by these strong, powerful women that are gracing us with their presence.
Speaker 1: I agree. I think that's true. I mean, I mean I feel and I feel bad a little bit saying it, because I mean I like Ben, you know, and I like my friend's husbands and all that. Do you know what I'm saying? And I will say I want to say this. I think it's important to say. I think that I have a really good girlfriend. We've been friends since we were twenties, in our twenties, like a long time. And I was there when she went on her first date with her husband. It was adorable and very cute. I tell their daughters the story now and they laugh really hard. And he luckily proposed. He'd been living with her in her house right, and they had a bit of a kind of one of those almost breakups before the proposal, which happens. I don't know if you've witnessed this with your friends or yourself or whatever, Like there's like a crux, like a crisis kind of thing that happens, yeah, when people are debating maybe taking the next step. And he was acting really wacky and she came to me and she said, I just I don't want to say their names because I feel bad telling the story, but I'm not gonna say it. This she came to me and she's like, I don't know what's going on with him. He's just acting so strange, and you know, he said maybe he should, you know, like you know, see other people. I was like, what this is in our twenties, right, And I said, you know, I mean I think late twenties. I said, is he insane? You should tell him to get out, like he can get out if that is what he wants. He needs to get his things and move out of your house because right now he is living the life and he needs to either like commit to the life or get the fuck out, right. So she told him that I said this, and I mean it was very rare for me at the time, like cause and I did really love him and I did think they were a great couple. But I was mad right on her behalf, and so she told him this, and he was mad at me for a little while, but he did propose, thank God in heaven. Now, what I want to say about them is that they have the most amazing relationship. And I mean I've known them forever now, right, and she has gone through cancer. Wow, and she's fine now knocking the wood, but he literally got her through it. Like it makes me want to cry. So you know, I don't think you should ever feel like you're not contributing, right because you're in it together. You know, you're in life together, and that's the beautiful thing. That's the beautiful thing, right. So, yes, we live in a sexist, patriarchal world that is messed up, and it's amazing that you see that, right, But I think, like what each person brings to the relationship is so much more than that, so so much more than that, you know what I mean, when it's a good relationship and people are committed to working on it, which I think is also key, you know, Lena and I talked about that too. I mean, like not everybody would say, like are you working on your spirituality? Are you working on your commitment? Are you working? Are you in therapy? Are you is there some way that you're getting better? You know? And when you're together in a relationship and doing that, that's amazing, yes, yes, and worth it. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, worth it Even though what we're talking about is, like I think the way that they're talking about that it doesn't benefit the women is economically, yes, right, because economically, especially when you become a mother, like your economics get like totally wrecked, you know what I mean, like your job, you know, ascendance or whatever you want to call it. Like everything. Hannah is doing it all. But I mean it's not easy, you know what I'm saying, It's not easy right for the women because that's how the system is set up exactly, which is messed up and you know, hopefully. I mean that's why I find articles like Shane's article so so wonderful because like it's kind of like peeling back the layers, right and saying like, let's say even in your twenties and thirties, you know, because it wasn't Mary Beth talking about I don't know if she talked about it when she was here, but like there's a whole thing about men who wanted to buy leather jackets and when needing help from the girlfriend because they couldn't decide, and like some girl friend of hers had gone and like there was like seventeen leather jackets that she had to look at her, do you know what I mean? Like just stupid, stupid shit, do you know what I mean. I don't know how else to put it, but you are kind of exhausted by that at a certain point. And like for me, and this is probably really bad that I'm gonna say this, but I'm gonna say it anyway. I got to a place in life where I thought, you know what, I'm just gonna raise some children because I'm dire of putting all the energy and the men, because the men are just gonna go, and then what are you left with? Like nothing, I'm just gonna raise some actual children. Like That's where I got to. I don't know, So I just relate to all of it, you know what I mean. Yeah, it's hard. It's hard. It's hard to it's hard to navigate, you know. And so let's talk about Stephen Miranda because this is a perfect feed into that Ki man. I mean, like, I love Steve. As I've said a few times now, I really had no idea how incredible Steve Eigenberg. I'm sorry, David Eigenmercy. Now I have them and this is the same person David Eigenberg was because at the time I was never around them, really and I kind of felt, so I'm lot of like a frustration that I think Miranda felt like I often took on the whatever the characters were feeling, vibe or whatever as my own personal self, so like I was like, oh God, she's still with him, you know. I don't know, I don't know if I really thought that thought, but I did think like, wow, they're really they've got a lot of Steve in here. But when I watch him back, he's just so so incredibly good, Like even in hard scenes, like they're in a restaurant they're eating. I think this is when you first see them in the in the show, right, Yes, they're eating and there's a baby there at the table next to him. Miranda is like, you know, yeah, this is what they invited babysitters for. You know. She really makes me laugh, I tell you. And Steve's like, oh no, he's so cute, you know, and he's like all kooy and whatever. And then he spills soup down his shirt and she's like, you're a mess, and I'm like, this is just so good because he really is so believable, you know what I'm saying, Like he's so open and honest and adorable. But then just one second later, he goes too far and he's annoying, you know what I'm saying, like he's a kid, you know.
Speaker 2: Definitely at the same.
Speaker 1: Time that he's saying we should have a baby, and she's like, oh, you're you're insane. And then she's like, oh god, you're not, You're you actually mean it. And I'm like, oh, Miranda, Miranda, things are coming, things are coming. But I think it's I just really I feel for him because I feel like there are times in your life where you're just like, I want, I want to I want to do the next thing, and this is what the next thing is. And then if the person that you're with doesn't want to do that next thing, it's so hard and then you have to decide am I going to leave because they don't want what I want?
Speaker 2: And this is pretty fundamental difference at that point.
Speaker 1: This is definitely a fundamental difference. But she's not wrong. But then things things happen. But you know what, I don't really remember exactly how it goes down either. I'm really curious. See I remember some of it, but I don't remember all of it. So we see them at the soup At the soup but that they're they're sitting having like like oodun or something. Yes, and she's like the baby and he's like it's adorable. And then she's all, you know, mad, and and and then she gets at wait wait, wait does she she thinks it's crazy. Of course, they've only been living together two months, which is also really funny because it seems like it's I don't know, it seems like a while. It does in our showtime lace, right.
Speaker 2: But only two months not long.
Speaker 1: It's not long at all. Slow yourself down, man, I mean, but he is so interesting because I kind of get his point right, Like he's just kind of like a go with the flow, like let's make it work, you know, I don't know, I get it. So then she's working and Steve is watching Scooby Doo. And the really funny part is I'm like, he is so annoying, and then she walks up and he's like, no, it's a really good one where the ghost I'm like, I remember that one.
Speaker 2: So now I gotta point this out, Kelly. The Steve says, this is the one where they found the ghosts and the salt mine. No, it is not Steve what he is watching The episode is called the I wrote this down the Jeeper Jeepers. It's the Creeper, which is about it's a it takes place in a bank. There's no ghosts.
Speaker 1: We messed up.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 1: This is the kind of thing that the Instagram would be all all in a for about if we made this in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: So I brought this up. I'm a big scowy do fan. My wife and I watching this show.
Speaker 1: This is so perfect. Is rewatching with me right now? And your wife? Watch it together? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, watch this together, having a great time. I pause it and I'm like, I don't think this is the right episode. I look it up. My suspicions are confirmed, and Alison says, I think that was intentional. I don't think Steve is trying to say, oh, no, I'm watching. He wasn't gonna say IM was watching this specific episode. He was goofing around saying, oh, I'm watching someone with the ghost, because that's kind of like a generic Scooby.
Speaker 1: Doo oh I did.
Speaker 2: He's a ghost of AsSalt mine and like Jesus kind of being like I'm watching cartoons, you know, much like a baby Wood, which we will hopefully have in the house soon.
Speaker 1: So she gave him the credit that he's kind of intentionally doing this. Yes, you're thinking, Allison.
Speaker 2: They just pulled a random Scooby Doo episode and didn't check.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, I think that might have happened. I love that she's giving us more credit than that. I don't know for sure because I never noticed that because the only Scooby Doo that I really remember is the ghost.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: JURY mean, but that's really interesting. I mean, it does. It does make you wonder because he does seem the thing about Steve, you know, there's like a kind of a passive aggressive way that he gets what he wants, right, which is the annoying part, like what is about to happen, which I still just can't even believe. Right, But I mean, obviously I support what he wants because I want dogs always, but like the way that he gets this dog. Oh my god, I didn't remember this, and every time I watch it, I've not watched it twice, and I'm just like, this is bad. Miranda. So they have the fight about Scooby Doo, and then Miranda's at work the next day and she is definitely mean Mommy, Oh no, wait is she a workers she walking with Carrie. Oh yeah, no, no, she hasn't watch when she walks with Carrie. It is the cutest thing in the world. Carrie's got that massive flower on. We're in the full on flower era, yes, and they are hooked and hooked arms and they're walking on the street and those are real people. Like it's a real person version of the walking down the street. It's so good.
Speaker 2: So I loved I watched that scene twice.
Speaker 1: I love it. It's really good. And the two of them walking and talking at anytime is great.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, she tells Carrie that they're not in a good place, but she seems kind of okay about it in this scene, right, like she's like, you know, and he's so crazy that he thinks a baby's going to fix it. And she says Carrie says like, well, where are you too? You know, like Carrie's just being funny, like make he wear jokes and stuff. And then Miranda says, you know, I am getting older and I only have like a thousand eggs left, and Carrie's like, yes, we just killed three hundred of them with the drinks we just had or whatever. It's all very interesting. I'm like, Okay, guys, we're joking about this. This is super fascinating. But I guess we're going to just joke about this for like a couple more seasons. I think, like it's interesting. I was kind of unaware in a way. You know, it's interesting. It's interesting, But I mean, I know there's storyline that I remember coming up with Miranda because of her one Ovary and me and Bah. There's going to be a lot more coming. But I find it so interesting how they lay the seeds, like they're very smart about it. I like it. So they walk and talk, it's adorable. Sir Jessca has a massive fluorescent fusial flower. It's really cute. Then Miranda's at work, she's literally in the meeting of like the middle of like writing a brief. Steve calls her and it's like meet me at seventy eighth or fifty eighth and seventh or whatever. I mean, honestly, like who calls someone at a job and says that, Like that's so crazy, but whatever, she does it. I'm like, Miranda deserves craw it. Well, where are they there? At a pet store? And he's like, can we please have a puppy. He's like so crazy, and she's like, who's going to take care of it? I mean it is literally apparent to child conversation, but it's still a cute puppy. And he goes it's like a starter, you know, to see if we can do it, and he's like, it'll make everything better, and I mean she's like, you know, she knows in her gut that this is not a good idea, but she does it. And you know what do we see next the middle of the night and that puppy's crying and Miranda says, no, what she is obviously not a dog person. Steve like, it's also that kind of thing where you're like, obviously we're watching and they're in it, but like, can't he see that she's not this right? It's interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a I understand his thinking of like let's let's ease ourselves into the baby pool with the dog, but like, but she's.
Speaker 1: She's not a zero interest. She's like not even like it's like a tiny She's not like maybe later, you know, she's like no, so he's like a dog a puppy and you know, oh yeah, yeah, but then that meat makes her in the middle of the night. Oh what I really love. So she bends over and she tries to give the puppy this like old fashioned alarm clock. She's obviously still clueless about dogs, right, and then and then she turns and she takes both hands and shakes himself. Are it really made me laugh? I think it's like you feel you feel her frustration watching it. And he gets up and he's like, what you know, Yeah, since we know David's not coming on, I can do my bad avitation. So then she basically just gets up and breaks up with him in the middle of the night. And I felt really bad for him. But I felt really bad for him because she is obviously really sad about it. And this again is when I think like, she's so good, so good, because she's still so torn. Yes, you know, it's it's just so well done, right, because like there's nothing on paper of this situation that works. But she's trying. And then he goes, no, you didn't try, and she's like, I tried for a long time. And then he's like all hurt, like literally everything she says hurts him. But I get it, she has been trying for a long time. Yes, she really has I feel for her.
Speaker 2: Is this the like third time they've broken up?
Speaker 1: I think it's a second time. I mean because the last time he comes to the party in the rain or whatever, he's at the dinner where he's like bringing everyone drinks.
Speaker 3: Last.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's awkward, and then he goes out. But then she realizes because big came, that maybe she's being too harsh, so she goes back out in the rain and the kiss it's really good. It was really good. I mean, it's it's an interesting thing. But I do wonder too, like if you think about real relationships, you know, how often is it that everyone on the outside is thinking this is really obviously not going to work? But then in my work, yes, you know what I'm saying, you don't.
Speaker 2: Really know, right, it's a chemical reaction that you don't you can't predict.
Speaker 1: I mean, is it a chemical reaction though, that's my question, right, I mean, it can be a chemical reaction, but is a chemical reaction enough? Yeah, that's the question. We haven't really talked about Charlotte, which is funny or Samantha. Oh Samantha storyline really depresses me. That's why I forgot about it. Oh my God. This is also I did not remember that we got into menopause at this point in the show. But I mean we're ahead of our time, people ahead of our time.
Speaker 2: Man. I had the same reaction. And when I was watching this, I'm like, oh, this is because I remember this episode. I've seen it a handful of times, and I was like, OK, this happens this early.
Speaker 1: Me too. I didn't think it happened this early at all, but it does make sense because she's moved right, so she's got different neighbors. And so this neighbor who's like this, you know, ponytail dude, and I mean they just wrote it like so extreme. You know.
Speaker 2: He's played by Robert LuPone, who is Patty Lapone's brother.
Speaker 1: I am aware, yes, yes, and he gives it is all man, he really does. He digs in, he digs in with this guy oo and she just seems so miserable and I felt really bad for her. So basically, we have that very long scene in the bathroom, and I do remember filming that, and it's not the only scene we've had that was like a set that we would, I think, try to change up a little bit. I feel like last season We also filmed in that weird counter, you know, because there's like a fake mirror, but it's obviously the cameras. Yeah, and it's really hard to block, right because like you're all standing there and you have to do the right thing at the right time, and we would just be in there for hours and hours and hours. And I remember that one because like we have to pass the tampon and then I have to go back in the stell and then I have to come back out, and then Samantha has to tell us all that she's older, and then there's like this awkward silence. Yes, it's like so strange, Like I don't know if that was what was on the page, like do you're name saying? Like is it is it supposed to be funny or is it supposed to be awkward? I guess it's just supposed to be awkward. I don't know. I was like kind of dying watching it the same, And I mean it's odd because like we must know and why is it a big deal?
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I also.
Speaker 1: Feel like the rest of us are in our thirties. Like the funny thing is how we talk about aging, but we're so young, you know, And now, I do think that would be different, you know what I'm saying, Like, I don't think women in the thirties are like, ohly have a thousand eggs left? I mean, are they? Maybe they are. I don't know. You guys right on the Instagram tell me if that's true, because I'm not sure. I'm not sure. I felt like it was premature, you know what I mean? But I do I feel as a as a female who was in her thirties at the time that this is and they started with the articles about freezing your eggs and stuff like, this is when they started with the articles about the ticking time clock. Yeah, like you kind of like if you were out in the world and you looked around, you just see like magazines like your clock is ticking, Like it was weird. It was like it just they decided to just start talking about it all the time, do you know what I mean? Yes, but they were not talking about menopause all the time. So I think it's really awesome that we do talk about it at all. And so poor Samantha goes through this whole really sad, sad time where she's like, I'm day old Bread's. Yeah, it's so sad. It's so sad, And so she has sex with her neighbor even though she really doesn't want to, and she looks so miserable with him, and they're at dinner and she's just so obviously miserable. It's kind of funny that she's so obviously miserable because it's not how we normally see Samantha. Yes, but he is oblivious. And then they go home and have sex, but she's not even participating, even remotely, but she's only doing it because she thinks she's over the hill. And then she gets her period and she's so ecstatic that she runs off because she realizes she's not quote old or whatever. It's all so crazy. But on the other hand, it's amazing that we were talking about it back then, in the year of two thousand, right, because now twenty twenty five, we're trying to pull that lid off. Man. We got to talk about women's health, We got to talk about what menopause means and when it starts and what to do and all the different things, which I think is great.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, yes, another moment where sex and city trailblazing we.
Speaker 1: Were we were, I mean, we do it in a slightly like questionable way, although you know, because we're trying to be funny, which I think is great that we're trying to be funny. And obviously in the second film, she's got a whole storyline about her hormones. And I remember the time, I hadn't I hadn't been through it yet, and I didn't totally understand, you know, I didn't. I didn't not understand, but I hadn't been there, and now I have, and it's so real. I mean, you do not want to lose your hormones. Like you got to pack those hormones in a special place if you're traveling, and you need to guard them, Like you can't just put them in your suitcase, because what if you lose your suitcase. You got to keep them with you, which I think is what she's doing in the second film. Like it is all very real. And if you lose those hormones, I mean it goes south quick, man, I mean quick. You don't sleep, you're sweat covered. It's bad. I'm sorry if I'm scaring all you younger ladies and easton.
Speaker 2: This is real, real, it is real.
Speaker 1: It is real. It seems like it's a caricature, but it's really hot, and I mean it is different for everyone, right, but like like when it finally hit me, I was like, what the fuck? Like what, like what because you're kind of like, what's going on with me? Like it's odd? Why am I hot? Because I'm never hot? Right, never hot? And you think, like, like I had this happen when I just this past season. No, yes, when we were filming and I had this big scene to do with Sarah Jessica where I had to go to work at like four in the morning or five in the morning. When I woke up at one and I was in an Airbnb and I thought that the air conditioning had broke because it was really hot. And then I thought, oh my god, did I forget to change my hormone patch? Am I having a night sweat? I had COVID? Wow? Right, But the list of thoughts went number one, the air conditioning broke, so it was the summer number two. I forgot to put on my hormone patch. Number three, Oh my god, I have a fever. I of COVID, which is number three. Turned out to be true. But I mean, it is a really interesting thing once you've been through it, You're like, wow, it's not played up for film and TV like it is actually like someone has just thrown a bucket of water at you, like all of a sudden, like it's so bizarre. Anyway, I digress, but it is really interesting to look back at what we were writing back then, even though we're trying to make it funny. And I mean, I think in a way it's good that we're trying to make up funny.
Speaker 2: That's what I was thinking, is it's uh, it's it's going to reach a lot more people.
Speaker 1: Yeah that way, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah, and maybe they don't necessarily understand it. But later then I go, oh, yeah, now let's talk about Sweet Charlotte. Sweet Charlotte. Charlotte just toying with that Tray. Oh my goodness me. But I thought it was adorable and I didn't mind it. I mean, I don't like the playing of the games. I think we've already discussed this or whatever. In general, I don't like the playing of the games. But I think also when I look at how it's going with Tray and Charlotte, it's all good. Do I mean, like you know what I'm saying, It's still really fun. Everyone's having fun, not a big deal. I do think it's also adorable. I had not remembered that I closed the door and he says he loves me in the most dry, dry way. But it's so adorable, Like it's so simple. It was such a great choice, you know on his part. I think how how he delivers that, and it is really cute. I didn't remember then that I invite him in and go to whatever base that would be. I don't know. Like Charlotte, God, she's wackydoodle. She is she is?
Speaker 2: Uh? I think is that Charlotte are curious? Is kissing with extras?
Speaker 1: That's I think. I say kiss do? I say kissing with extras? And she's like, how ninth great of you? Yeah, she's so totally one hundred percent right. But again, when I look at like, if you were just to tell me this storyline, I'd be like, eh, But when you look at us like it's all good, it's so good. Yeah, you know what I mean. He's so fantastic and it's so perfect. And I don't think there's anything wrong with getting to know somebody before you jump in bed with him.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think that's uh. I mean that's when I was a dating man. I used to wait a very long time.
Speaker 1: How long is a very long time?
Speaker 2: Basically there's a couple of times where they the woman would ask me, like, are you are you into? She was worried. Yeah, Like I would wait like like five dates before before making a move like that.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: I would you like a kiss.
Speaker 1: I like it. I like it. I like it. I like it. I like it because I like it because I mean, I guess it would depend on the situation, but I like it because to me from a guy that's confident, Yeah, right, because like most guys are worried that you're going to put them in a friend zone, like if they don't move quickly, that you're going to decide, oh they're just a friend, Like that moment will pass and it will never come back or whatever the heck. Right, Yeah, but I don't I don't think that that makes sense, really no.
Speaker 2: And I think if that's going to happen, it's going to happen. You know, I always wanted an emotional connection before I did that.
Speaker 1: I think that's fransis. I think it makes it so much better for that. But why don't all people feel that it's interesting. Yeah, because now with the whole hookup culture, man, I mean I don't think anybody waits five dates. No, No, it would be crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think they wait. I think it's the first night.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: Apparently this is what I hear, But I mean I also think like that's crazy also, right, I mean I just feel like my thing, too, is like why can't you just go case by case? Yes, like maybe someone is a hookup and that's fine, that's great, enjoy it, know what it is, This is what it is. I'm not expecting anything, right, but then maybe somebody else might not be, or maybe you don't know and you need to find out right. Yes, it's all very confusing. So I think with this Charlotte Tray, I think the important thing to me when I look at it is that they seem in sync. Like it's not like he's mad or confused or anything like that. He seems equally into it.
Speaker 2: Yes, which is why it's working. They're both yeah, exactly in sync.
Speaker 1: There, exactly, which is so adorable. Let me cover everything, Easton, You're so good with the paperwork.
Speaker 2: I think, So I just one thing I want to point out from Charlotte's moment. I just love the line where she's, uh, they're talking about the tampons and she's like, well, I have them at home, but they won't fit in my Kate Spade perse.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad. I'm so glad. Yeah, it's quite a Kate Spade moment. It was quite a Kate Spade moment. And you know, I love Kate Spade, and yes, yeah, it's yeah, it's a little sad talk about Kate Spade, but I love Kate Spade and I love that they later, later, many years later, is working in England and they were trying to get wardrobe for me and they said.
Speaker 3: You know, we're trying to get some Kate Spade, but we can't get any. And I was like, you can't get any Kate Spade, Like, can I call them?
Speaker 1: I think I could get you too, some Kate Spade. Well, to them, Kate Spade was just like yeah, like like like an unattainable dream do I mean, it was adorable. But I do love Kate Spade, and I do remember there was a really big Kate Spade store on like Broom and Spring or Prints, and I used to go there all the time. And I used to buy a lot of stationary. She made beautiful stationary and I still have a bunch of it. And we had a lot of wonderful things from Kate's Bad for a really long time, and it was so quintessentially Charlotte. I thought, you know, so kind of Oh yeah, great, perfectly Charlotte.
Speaker 2: I have spent so much money at Kate Spade in my life. Yes, I I up until recently, I had I always had a Kate Spayed iPhone case for me, Oh my god. And I love the crazy bags that they make and fun, the fun one like my wife has a one that looks like a mouse, one looks like a crab. I bought it when that looks like a radio because I worked in radio and we love Kate Spade.
Speaker 1: I have like a loose sight like a like a loose sight box one, you know what I mean. It's interesting, it's interesting. I like it. I still have it. I like it a lot. I think it was Charlotte. I don't know it was Charlotte's. I don't know. I like it though. I like it. It's fun. It's like a fun I like the fun, whimsical nature that I agree with you. I agree with you. I think this episode of overall was really good. But I also think that one of the things that I am aware of when I watched this episode, like I kind of mentioned, is just the skillfulness of the writing in terms of planting all these different things, yes, that are going to be growing and growing, And I think this is why I love third season so much. Yep, right, Like they weave everything in and it's really gonna pay off, yes, you know, but it's also really fun along the way, Like each episode is great and it's hard to turn it off when you need to turn it off.
Speaker 2: It'srey you know. At the beginning, we were talking about like you would watch it comes from the Past, and it was like everything would be tied up. You could watch any episode.
Speaker 1: You should tell you that you had to do that, yeah, yes, And they had to be self sufficient, like the an episode, so that if someone just just had never seen it and was coming to that episode, that they didn't need any backstory or forward story. It would just be self contained.
Speaker 2: Yes, And it makes sense because you know where they gonna You're not gonna pick it up on DVD. You know, you can't do that back then, so it makes sense. But something I think is so masterful about this this show and this season specifically, is like, you can't you get I think, the best of both worlds because you get these these seeds for these long arcs, you get to follow along on these stories. But I think if you just watch this episode on its own, it has these really succinct ideas that you can enjoy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's a good point. I mean, that's what's cool about the way that they wove together her writing, Yes, and the themes of the episode, with the relationships that are happening in the episode, and why we can twenty five years later talk about the theme and have it still be interesting.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's crazy to think about. It still boggles my mind, you know. I mean I never would have dreamt a million hundred years that we would be here discussing the themes and the characters and the relationships. It's cuckoo, but I love it. It's such a gift. It's such a gift.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 1: Yes, thanks, he used to thank you. It's so fun. It's easy. It's easy and good. We'll just have to have Alison on one day.
Speaker 3: Fun.
Speaker 1: That would be fun. Have you together.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, I'm down.
Speaker 1: That could be enjoyable, That could be enjoyable. All right, thank you, bye everybody,