Speaker 1: It's nine o one with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, you guys, this is another episode.
Speaker 3: Not just another episode. This is the episode. This is a this is a big Kelly Taylor episode. A lot of kissing going on.
Speaker 4: I have comments.
Speaker 2: You have so many comments. Wait do you want you want to give your comments now?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, wait, Johan take order.
Speaker 4: I have two that will hook people in listening. Hook on Tory slash Donna. I'm real sick of that ass. Ray, WTF you need to get away from him?
Speaker 2: Sing it sista Jenny slash Kelly. Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: What is going on that.
Speaker 4: You have a boyfriend named Brandon and you are fully, fully making out with Dylan Listen.
Speaker 3: I was so scared for you. I was like, what if someone comes by then knows you guys, what.
Speaker 2: If there's Papa Razzi on that beach?
Speaker 3: She wouldn't even.
Speaker 4: Really feel bad or weird or awkward about it.
Speaker 2: No, it felt natch, felt so natched. I just did it. I mean, Kelly just did it.
Speaker 3: Sometimes in life you just have to go with it. You were in the moments.
Speaker 5: Yeah, two things that need to really be addressed.
Speaker 2: We are going to address them. Because this is season five, episode thirty, Hello Life, Goodbye Beverly Hills. It aired May seventeenth, nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 3: This is the Big Sweets synopsis. It's the ultimatum herd around the world. Kelly is forced to choose between the bling bling of Brandon's ring and a ticket to Paradise with Dylan McKay. Ooh. Meanwhile, Jim and Cindy are leaving for Hong Kong, and Andre leaves the she once knew and Donna starting to realize Ray's abusive behavior is really taking a toll.
Speaker 4: Just starting to realize.
Speaker 2: Directed by James Whitmore, Junior, I have things to say about that and written by the beautiful Jessica Kleine and maybe a little bit by Steve Osterman. Writing good, very good, writing, very memorable, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: Yes, where to begin? Go through it all?
Speaker 5: I have one more thing I really want to address.
Speaker 2: What is your third thing? You'd like to address?
Speaker 4: Him? Andrea kissing everyone on the lips?
Speaker 2: I know, Hi, herpees and COVID, herpees.
Speaker 3: And COVID, So I got this that was pre COVID. What was that? SARS? What was that back then?
Speaker 2: That was herpes, herpes and more herpes.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, so many lips to say we get through ten years unscathed. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. And Nona Arenda had herpes and she kissed me all the time. I don't know how I made it.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's just jump back to.
Speaker 4: You buy Vale Tres.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you could send some over please, thanks. Episode recap what we're starting in a weird foreign place for and get it. And I didn't know what was happening. I don't know if you did it. We're starting at the travel agency where Dylan is buying a romantic vacation package for two and the second person is Kelly Taylor.
Speaker 3: I thought maybe it was going to be doctor Molly Campbell.
Speaker 4: Wasn't presumptuous, so presumptuous things.
Speaker 3: I know what a travel agent? Do you guys know her? She's somebody? No, I mean, well we're all somebody.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know who the travel agent was, but a great.
Speaker 3: Question went on to become someone.
Speaker 2: I don't have her on my list of guest stars.
Speaker 4: Seems expensive for a whim too, because he doesn't know you're coming, and usually that stuff's not refundable.
Speaker 2: How expensive? Yeah, a trip around the world never been then back then? Well, how expensive is one? Now I'd like to know.
Speaker 5: One hundred grand, now fifty grand.
Speaker 4: Then that's just my absolutely not hire a good guess.
Speaker 2: No, it takes ten grand to go to Hawaii.
Speaker 4: I mean so higher, so higher. Yeah, one hundred grand, then two hundred grand, now three hundred.
Speaker 3: Do I hear three hundred I'll take it for five hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: He has four millions, so he doesn't care.
Speaker 2: I would advise him to start caring because your four million dollars is going to go pretty quick. If he's spend a night like.
Speaker 3: This, it feels like an episode of Cribs. It's going to go fast.
Speaker 2: He needs to make some investments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I gotta go. Well, he thinks he's making an investment in the future, Great, hand him over to me. But I think you know you are his investment in the future.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's still a kid living on a prayer.
Speaker 2: I don't know, so we don't we don't know what he's thinking. But we're going to go ahead and go onto the Walls house where Jim gets a phone call and he's so blown away by this off of this offer that he got of a promotion and a two and a half time raise.
Speaker 4: Seriously, that's a big raise. Let's think about that. What do we think Jim's making right now? Too hundy?
Speaker 5: And now he's gonna be making six hundy.
Speaker 2: Wait, he was not making two hundred thousand dollars a year in nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 4: That seems too high.
Speaker 2: Your numbers are off.
Speaker 3: To It does seem high. But they live in Beverly Hills in the flats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he doesn't even pay for that house. It's a company expense because they moved.
Speaker 3: Him there, remember, Yeah, and we know what corporate housing looks like. Just like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they just gave him a little, a little help. They probably don't for the moving truck.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's definitely making a lot more.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: Did you see Brandon like, hey, I loved it and then he's all stop stop.
Speaker 2: That was cute the way they were doing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jim looks real tired in that scene. He looks tired.
Speaker 2: He's been stressed, you guys, this is fair. He thought he was getting the act. You really did, But no, no, no, he is moving to Hong Kong. That's like crazy did you guys hear the completely inappropriate music they played when they mentioned the Hong Kong?
Speaker 5: Oh jeez, I missed that.
Speaker 4: But do you guys remember though, like, did they want to leave? Was there?
Speaker 3: What did they want to on a hit series? They were like, please let us here?
Speaker 4: Okay, so this was they were asked too.
Speaker 3: It doesn't seem like yeah, sorry, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I hate it.
Speaker 2: I mean, my first note was yay at the Walshes. I love seeing them. I love seeing them in their kitchen. I love seeing her cook, I love seeing him walk in his suspenders. I don't know what I wou.
Speaker 4: Without it, I would have kept them around.
Speaker 2: So this was the last episode for No, this is not their last episode.
Speaker 5: Next week and then.
Speaker 4: They do come back is next week? No, it's sort of part two.
Speaker 3: Yes, when's the party?
Speaker 5: The house is for sale? That's not that's all next week.
Speaker 2: We had a party in this episode, though, like we had two parties.
Speaker 3: She had parties. I know, I got a little sick of them. I'm not gonna lie. I wanted to keep seeing her, but I was like they could have done something a little more fresh.
Speaker 2: I didn't understand why there were more than one party.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why was that?
Speaker 4: What? There was your party? Oh no, pardon me.
Speaker 5: There was the school party. There was the actual.
Speaker 4: Peach pit we're driving away moment. That wasn't exactly a party.
Speaker 2: Oh the after dark what about hmm, there wasn't a party inside the peach pit. That's when they were there was That was.
Speaker 4: The goodbye So I wouldn't know if I'd call that a party. They were picking up their breakfast to go it was. It was there for the lip kisses.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I mean or on nine o two zero as we reference it, it's a party because yeah, everyone in the same spot. It's a party. Saves money. Cool.
Speaker 5: I love that they went back to West, which we'll talk about.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's get back to it. You guys the beach. We go from Hong Kong to the beach where Kelly is hanging out with Dylan. First of all, not real good at that.
Speaker 3: Oh see, you were being harsh on yourself. I was super impressed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought you were good.
Speaker 2: I thought, oh, she's gonna fall, and then she did.
Speaker 5: Were you a rollerblader at the time, Who.
Speaker 2: Wasn't It was the mid nineties. Everybody rollerbladed on that very piece of land right on that strip, right in front of that beach apartment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was real. Then I got nervous when they showed you because you were going slow, but then it looked like it went from your POV and you're going real fast.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was out of control pretty much. But thank god, Dylan catches me and falls under me so perfectly.
Speaker 5: In a romantic public moment for a girl who has a boyfriend.
Speaker 2: For everyone to see.
Speaker 3: That was weird, though, like cohesive because I can picture you and I know you, and you were probably laughing and wanting to be aggressive because you're being funny, and it could have ended a different way.
Speaker 2: I just think that was one of those situations where I was like, how are we going.
Speaker 5: To do this?
Speaker 2: We should work it out. I don't know if this is going to be good or not, and what if I get hurt? And Luke was like just roll the camera yeah, and then he's like, just skate towards me. I'll catch it over.
Speaker 3: You're like, now you're gonna catch me, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it worked out. She falls, They start making out, and Dylan surprises her with the trip the tickets that he looked that is. It's weird because it doesn't seem that shocking or surprising to Kelly.
Speaker 4: Correct, it's very odd.
Speaker 2: It's very odd.
Speaker 3: She's playing it cool. I mean, how she's supposed to react.
Speaker 2: But she, well shouldn't she say, Oh, I'm dating Brandon.
Speaker 4: This is weird.
Speaker 3: I just couldn't stop staring at how beautiful you looked. I didn't care what was coming out of your mouth.
Speaker 4: I was just like, ah, I would like to talk about how At the time, I also didn't think it was weird, and then now I do.
Speaker 2: Ye. Well, at the time you were just like oho, well was she supposed to be like different?
Speaker 4: Woo?
Speaker 2: And such good kisses? I'm really those I felt those kisses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean for you. I felt those kisses for you.
Speaker 2: How many years later is it now?
Speaker 4: Thirty two?
Speaker 2: Thirty No?
Speaker 5: No, no, twenty nine, sorry, nine, twenty nine.
Speaker 2: It feels weird, yeah, twenty nine years.
Speaker 4: Later, twenty eight.
Speaker 5: I'm not great at math.
Speaker 2: Still gives me the feels.
Speaker 3: We've learned that today.
Speaker 4: Okay, can I go to a limb that you and Luke or Kelly and Dylan have a hint more sexual chemistry than Kelly and Brandon.
Speaker 2: Duh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, saying, Okay, I'm just saying I don't mean to be captain obvious.
Speaker 2: I just want to say no. But I think they both have good you know stuff there that's just different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you should marry him right now, Dylan, because you should marry Brandon.
Speaker 5: He's more stable.
Speaker 3: Too young, well too.
Speaker 5: Young, of course, we're getting out of ourselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's let's go to the peach pit where Ray dude, this guy being his usual d bag self.
Speaker 3: Are you sure I feel like it? This episode took a drastic turn. Oh, to prove a point.
Speaker 4: He's hideous in this episode, but it goes.
Speaker 3: I know he's been a little douchey, but like he.
Speaker 5: He pushed you, and he pushed you in the motel room. This guy sucks.
Speaker 2: They know what's coming now. The writers are fine. They're like, yes, you know what the next episode is going to be. We gotta get to it.
Speaker 4: If this was now, everybody would be like, get away from him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And like I think at the time, we were like, oh, Ray, it's kind of cool. What the hell was wrong with me?
Speaker 4: That guy sucks so bad?
Speaker 2: But you can tell that Donna really is seeing it now, and but she doesn't know what to do.
Speaker 4: Tory's space is a little bit Donna's right now, Like Torri, you're like a little bit like for Ray when it's like that guy sucks.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, say it, say it?
Speaker 3: What do you want me to say? Say? Ray sucks? Ray sucks, raise a bad guy?
Speaker 4: Wait, Tory, do you think Ray sucks? Wait?
Speaker 3: Does Tori he sucks?
Speaker 2: Or does Donna think he's Both were the same, You're not, and that's something else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm concerned that Tory slash Donna is still giving this guy a shot.
Speaker 5: Yes, this guy sucks so hard.
Speaker 3: It's hard in something to just leave no matter if it's good.
Speaker 2: I think we all know that now about Tory slash Donna.
Speaker 3: Yes, Oh what are you saying at the time.
Speaker 4: At the time, Yeah, Donna really like like Kelly never would have stayed with a guy like Ray at the time. She would have been like get or Claire would have been like beat it.
Speaker 3: Even hindsight, like they wrote the character of Ray based on my real life and that bad boyfriend I had Jack.
Speaker 4: I think Valerie would have stayed with that tool too, because Dylan and Ray treat her badly and she's always going.
Speaker 5: Back for more.
Speaker 3: The years line up.
Speaker 2: I don't think that they I mean, that would have been really clever pro I was saying in apropro for them to like, but maybe they have realized on something so bad happening in your life, yeap, that they would write that into the show. I mean, I would think that they would have had a little bit more but sensitivity.
Speaker 4: It tracks for Donna.
Speaker 3: It's oddly listening to like he puts me down. I was like, oh my god, this is exactly what I used to say about that boyfriend.
Speaker 5: And Missus Martin does first.
Speaker 3: So even if they didn't plan it it, nobody caught that, like ooh.
Speaker 4: Yes, and yes Martin treats Donna badly, so she's just mirroring what she has experienced growing up. Missus Martin is always criticizing and like doing weird stuff.
Speaker 2: This is getting weird.
Speaker 5: It's getting weird. We need Mollie.
Speaker 2: We need Mollie to hypnotize you so that we can go back in your life and figure out what the fudge is happening.
Speaker 4: I think it's Missus Martin. If I'm gonna say, it always starts.
Speaker 2: With the mom come on such an easy. I resent that remark now as a mother. I'm like I said to my girls the other day, when am I going to hear about your therapy sessions? About all the ways I've messed you up? But it always does go back?
Speaker 3: It always did, Mom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, your kids will blame you, Tori for anything wrong in their lives too.
Speaker 3: Of course they blame me every day. What do you mean? But that's okay.
Speaker 2: So she invites Ray to Andrea's goodbye party, and he refuses to go because he doesn't like them. He asks Donna, if he made her choose between her friends and him, what would she do?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: What choice would she make? Donna? Which choice would you make?
Speaker 4: Ray?
Speaker 2: Are your friends?
Speaker 3: I had this conversation over and over in real life. I always chose you. Are you happy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I am not to use the most obvious term in the world. But he's a bit of a gas lighter too.
Speaker 2: The worst that sucks. Then we're going to go on into the Walsh house. There were well, of course, tells Brandon immediately, hold on, hold your hat, just gip something very important.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we did you and Val.
Speaker 4: When Val comes over to borrow the notes, she sees the tickets.
Speaker 3: Why did you leave the tickets? She walked in. Why didn't you jump up and move the tickets?
Speaker 2: I mean, Kelly didn't seem very surprised at all to have val just walking into her bedroom like that.
Speaker 5: She didn't really seem concerned that she saw the tickets.
Speaker 2: She's very like relaxed that day. Yeah, I was exhausted from all that fresh air and rollerblading and making out AnyWho. Back at the Walls house, Valerie of course tells Brandon immediately and Kelly are She like literally runs there and says they are taking a trip around the world, and she tells, it just kills me that you're fooling around. That she's fooling around on you like this, It kills me.
Speaker 3: Kills her pains. She's right there if he needs someone.
Speaker 2: No, it's just creepy to me now that she's gonna put her sits on Brandon, is she I don't know, it seems like it Dylan's house. Brandon comes over. Oh yeah, so Brandon finds out. He goes straight to Dylan's house to confront Dylan, and he tells him, I know you love her, but they have a special connection and he will never understand.
Speaker 3: We'll hold on first, he puts on his best actually nice fitting h tweed blazer to go over to Dan.
Speaker 2: You want to wear a blazer when you're gonna go over to a friend's house confronts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 2: It makes him look a little tougher.
Speaker 3: It looks good, it look good. I thought they got I thought they were gonna get into it like way.
Speaker 2: I was hoping there are gonna be some action there.
Speaker 3: I wasn't Brandon Moore fired up.
Speaker 2: I don't know those those two they don't ever really fight. They just talk.
Speaker 4: About Yeah, and it's not it's not his nature to suddenly be all crazy about it.
Speaker 3: But yet, well, I wish he had gotten a little more in his face. I wish he had done something. See, here's the thing that makes me sorry. I'm just gonna say I want Kelly with Dylan is moments like that when Brandon it's like fight or flight, and he's a flight guy. He doesn't like he's gone standing like I wanted him to go to fight for his girl and not fight like just something like be.
Speaker 2: A little more aggressive a little Yeah, and those.
Speaker 4: Two are the worst set of friends of all time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just like, who is what I guess that they're I mean they're not. Kelly is not very good friends to Brenda. Brandon's not very good friends too Dylan. Kelly's not a very good boyfriend a girlfriend, Dylan's not a good friend of it. It's a lot.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of yeah in primetime series, right.
Speaker 2: You gotta have those triangles to make yeah people interested. So then we go back to the beach where Brandon surprises Kelly with a new pair of roller blades.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is the second time that made me not root for Brandon, like.
Speaker 2: That he gives her a pair of roller blades.
Speaker 3: I think it's going to be something clever, like, I don't know, something.
Speaker 6: For her trip to be like, so she'd be like, what.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, like a luggage. Yeah, that's what I literally thought at first. And I was like, Oh, it's too small. What's gonna It's gonna be something clever, new roller blades from my girl.
Speaker 4: I was like, Oh, I mean, apparently you're the roller blading queen of the world and we just didn't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, he just slotted her in. Remember he used to roller blade. Who was that girl that had bandags?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 4: Oh, my god, great memory, great memory, the short haired girl.
Speaker 5: From the beach club.
Speaker 3: That one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a really good marriage.
Speaker 2: So the truth comes out here Kelly lets him know, or he lets her know. I'm not sure how that happened that he knows about the trip around. Kelly admits that she still has feelings for Dylan well oh, and says Brandon didn't have to buy her a ring to prove his love.
Speaker 3: Well right by that ring? Like what went into that?
Speaker 2: Like that was a quick turnaround?
Speaker 5: Yeah, where was the money for that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it looked like a carrot.
Speaker 5: That's not cheap. Maybe it was grandma's ring. We don't know.
Speaker 3: That's what I wanted to think of her though, like because it was just so out of the blue.
Speaker 2: It's so generic it was.
Speaker 3: And then a ring at the pawn shop next door, like what.
Speaker 5: It just was? Really?
Speaker 2: Like what then he asks her to marry him and she doesn't say yes, and she doesn't say no.
Speaker 4: She doesn't have to say yes right away.
Speaker 3: Like you just put it on.
Speaker 2: If you don't say yes right in a way, if they don't say yes right away, people, it's a no. It's like just remember that for the future. You're right, it really is if they have to think about it.
Speaker 3: Third ding against Brandon. He's okay with that. He knows that she says no, and he's like, well, whenever you decide to put it on, it's like, that's just like, really what he.
Speaker 4: Was doing, if I may say in college terms, he actually was pinning her because I don't think he either was ready to get engaged, but he wanted to be engaged to be engaged, So really he should have just gone to the sorority and pinned her.
Speaker 3: Or he could have said it was a commitment ring yeah or yeah.
Speaker 4: It feels like he wasn't ready either.
Speaker 2: And no to double down though, he invites her to move into his house when his parents want to.
Speaker 3: Go to Hong Kong, Like that sounds sexy.
Speaker 2: They're just gonna pretend to be married people in the old Walsh bedroom.
Speaker 3: Because that's where you want to be. Leave your beautiful beach apartment right.
Speaker 2: To go into Jim and Cindy's old pad. Also, I was at the point where I was like, wait, they're just gonna keep that house and let Brandon and vow live in it.
Speaker 4: Well, that's coming, that's you'll find out about that.
Speaker 3: That's next. The ranger.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you find out the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so at the pea pad ray approaches value.
Speaker 4: People have asked you please not called that anymore. Just let me know what the people say. Oh okay, they want you to one with pea pad.
Speaker 2: Hyeez, thanks for letting me know. You could have shot me a text. You could have maybe emailed me that. No on the air. Why why don't they like me to?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: It irritates those.
Speaker 3: Are the irritates them.
Speaker 2: I'm sure That's not the only thing I do that irritates them. I'm just you know, I was trying to make a cute little thing. But if you guys don't like it, I will never say it again.
Speaker 4: I think that Look, a few people may not like it, but those that do like it maybe haven't spoken yet. So you do what feels right to you, and right pea pad is peach pit after dark.
Speaker 3: Okay. Wait, I gotta say something though, So if they're talking about it, they're talking about it, don't lose it, correct.
Speaker 5: They It definitely has made been question. Great point. Sorry, it's it's called branding.
Speaker 3: There you go. I don't like to discs and we wee pads did it ages ago? But you were next in line and now keep it pad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wherever wherever it is, you know that place.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Ray approaches Valerie to tell her that he is afraid David and Claire will spill the beans to Donna. Valerie tells him his personal life isn't her problem?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's just so classic.
Speaker 4: Also, can I say tons tons of people love Valerie?
Speaker 5: They are they are there in the comments, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, who doesn't. They always love the bad girl. They love that.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, I'm still.
Speaker 4: Iffy on her iffy.
Speaker 2: Did you guys notice in this episode there were a number of very odd close up angles on most of the cast at some point innocent.
Speaker 4: Here's why I noticed it because I literally can see everyone's lipstick so much.
Speaker 3: It's just too close and even the boys dry lips.
Speaker 4: It was the scene where it was very prominent. I'm not sure we've discussed yet on the porch of the beach apartment with the two of you talking the lipstick.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I was like, who directed this and why are they so close up?
Speaker 3: But some of them I liked, Like some I was like, Oh, it's intimate, it's great. I didn't like when I saw myself, but that it was done too because I'm paranoid about it, but like, very.
Speaker 4: Close, I could see in your eratry.
Speaker 3: Ew Oh good if that's what you were looking at in the fine.
Speaker 2: I forgot to say that when Val comes over to Kelly's room and just walks right in like she owns the place and talks to her like that, I would have beat that b I was like, who in hell does she think she is? This girl talking to Kelly Taylor like that?
Speaker 3: How'd she get in? Like everyone just walks in, Like the door is always unlocked.
Speaker 2: I guess we just leave it unlocked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not safe, considering there was a rapist that came in, but okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she just walks walks right in. You know what.
Speaker 2: I was watching this with Dave and he said to me, I am losing respect for you.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: He was confusing the characters like people do sometimes, and he was like, why would Kelly be kissing Brandon and Dylan?
Speaker 5: Many have that question?
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, many.
Speaker 4: Do, and so nonchalantly that's the thing, almost like it's okay, but.
Speaker 3: You guys, let's let's go back to when Kelly and Dylan were first together, and Brenda was there and they were just kissing Freeland on campus. Ye, Like, I feel like there's never with characters like uh oh, we got to try to I guess I know.
Speaker 5: Well, And you switched from Dylan to Brandon quite quickly.
Speaker 2: Also, I think that's the exciting part though, for the audience, for the viewers to be like, oh, they're gonna get caught.
Speaker 4: Someone's gonna see me, right, and we don't have to wait a long time for the next one.
Speaker 2: So we go back to the to the beach house and Kelly shows Donna her new engagement ring and tell l and her lipstick and tells her that Dylan has offered her a trip around the world. And Donna says, you wouldn't leave Brandon for a fling.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, why would Donna a fling? Though?
Speaker 2: Right, I thought the same thing.
Speaker 4: Well, Dylan is not as stable as Brandon, like that is correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but still her best friend in the whole world knows the complicated nature of that relationship the act, she would never call it a fling.
Speaker 4: Anywhow who, Tori, who do you think Donna really does want her?
Speaker 3: With? Knowing Donna probably Brandon.
Speaker 5: That's the impression I get, Jenny, is that your take?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just because she thinks it'll be like a better, safer, stable life for her.
Speaker 2: And and this is the scene too where Donna tells finally confides a little better. We see her confiding a little bit in Kelly about how her relationship with Ray is not feeling great.
Speaker 4: Yes, Kelly, this was actually a good.
Speaker 2: Scene, very good advice where she said go with your heart.
Speaker 3: Go here.
Speaker 2: I don't know, something totally lame that.
Speaker 3: Really doesn't help. First you tried, you said not to lose yourself, right, but then you did say go with your heart because you asked me and I said that I wanted to be with him. I don't know that I Kelly would never do that either. She'd be like, oh, you're right, she wouldn't get away.
Speaker 2: From I don't like the way he treats you and get away from him. Yeah she would not.
Speaker 3: Kelly would never do that back, never have.
Speaker 4: It's actually a very good scene that if it was not shot so close up. Sorry there's a frog in my throat, But if it was shot so close up it would have been better.
Speaker 2: I didn't understand that.
Speaker 4: I don't know, actually hurt the scene, I don't want to be.
Speaker 3: Because you're talking focused on the words, You're like focused.
Speaker 5: On your lips and the.
Speaker 2: Makeup and the makeup and the pores and the like. It's just like I don't want to see that.
Speaker 4: It was, Yeah, I got very distracted from the actual like my parent bite, like the writing was quite good in that scene was like, yeah, but it was, and I sort of missed some of it. I watched it again. It's fine.
Speaker 2: Dylan comes over to see if Kelly has made up her mind because the playing leaves in four days, and that's when he spots the engagement ring and she said, oops, I forgot to take it off.
Speaker 4: Also, nobody's worried about finals. Brandon was like a tiny bit, but like, aren't y' all in finals and you're just dealing with like life's most dramatic situations.
Speaker 3: Fins can't choose when life happens.
Speaker 2: Oh, and of course Dylan and Kelly start making out there too.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's so weird.
Speaker 3: It's weird.
Speaker 4: Wait, I forgot to mention Brandon's awkward highlighting of the book during the awkward scene when Valerie just rips the band aid off and tell him tells him you're basically like going around the world with your ex boyfriend.
Speaker 3: He washa highlighting.
Speaker 4: He's just like bag highlighting.
Speaker 3: I was staring at her out but I wasn't a fan of that outfit. Which outfit?
Speaker 6: It was like the beige right, yeah, swe no vest I wish I wouldn't let it.
Speaker 3: No, it was like a was it ribbed? Remember when those wrens like a.
Speaker 4: Little they do.
Speaker 5: Put her in sort of some tan and it matches.
Speaker 3: I don't know the whole thing. I usually like her outfits a lot. I didn't love it. Sorry, I was focused on that.
Speaker 2: And then it's cute because Donn and Clara watching them from inside, it's funny. They're like, uh, really interested in what's happening out there.
Speaker 4: And Donna, oh yeah that was good?
Speaker 2: Yes, and then that was good tells Donna that she could do so much better than Ray and Donna gets defency what Yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: Too focus on her brown lips.
Speaker 4: If you were Claire, would you tell her.
Speaker 3: Stick I didn't like that color?
Speaker 4: If she sorry, no, please go go because.
Speaker 3: She had a crush on Dylan. Who didn't who didn't?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: That was true?
Speaker 4: But if you were Claire and you know this guy sucks, Like, is Claire not being a good friend by not telling her like your dude sucks?
Speaker 2: She should tell her by now.
Speaker 5: Or an anonymous note, something.
Speaker 4: Like anonymous note or David needs to tell her. Somebody needs to say this guy.
Speaker 3: Oh, No, who tells her? No, one tells her.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: We're not there yet.
Speaker 2: Back at the wallsh House, Jim and Cindy tell Brandon and Valerie that they have decided they are going to move to Hong Kong.
Speaker 4: And how could they not for two and a half times? So the money is rich.
Speaker 3: Now money, it's the money, Cindy, okay with that, like moving across She's.
Speaker 4: Got her doctorate or whatever it is. Remember, they're like, she's got her master, she could teach classes, like all of a sudden, she's just.
Speaker 3: Like she only speaks English though.
Speaker 5: So random, but okay, it's not forever.
Speaker 2: And then Brandon just tells them nonchalantly that he's proposed to Kelly.
Speaker 5: I mean, that was totally bizarre, and of.
Speaker 2: Course Valerie is upset about that news. Then we go to the party. I guess it's a party.
Speaker 7: It was a seven art What it is?
Speaker 3: The question what vows? Like undying love for Dylan, Like that's over. She's just like focused on Brandon and that's not What is upsetting is that Kelly and Dylan might go away together. Everything about Dylan.
Speaker 4: I think she's in a real dither about all of it. If I may, I think she's just all pod.
Speaker 2: Yeah I would be too.
Speaker 3: I just want her to mention it though I wanted her to get gels.
Speaker 4: I feel like she's mentioning it in her face, Like we're seeing that in her face all the time.
Speaker 2: Just how yes, she's you can tell she's a little stressed about it all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like a scow slash devil in there, and.
Speaker 3: She's just tired because she's saying for finals and working really hard.
Speaker 2: As a badass boss bitch at the peak.
Speaker 4: Right, Okay, now THEO goodbye lunch.
Speaker 2: This is yeah, this is the first of the goodbyes, and everybody's kind of gathered.
Speaker 4: Brought like macaroni salad to a fold out table in the quad in the middle of school.
Speaker 2: I mean, was that fun for her? Is she like that?
Speaker 3: Probably? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and she's blindfolded the blindfold that was exciting.
Speaker 2: Oh and they're Honda.
Speaker 5: That was their Honda looked like an accord.
Speaker 2: Right, but everybody's there, even missus t.
Speaker 4: That was yeah, that was like oh.
Speaker 2: And then Gil Gil Gil's back, who knows why. It's literally if you blink you miss him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know he always had that weird attraction thing that wasn't with Andrea, so I thought, oh.
Speaker 2: Remember, And of course Brian and Dylan were no shows.
Speaker 8: Yeah, which is just absolute unbelievable because that does there are her two besties, they're both coming, they're both coming, They're gonna suck it up.
Speaker 4: And then how about when she comes over and says, I know what's going on?
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 5: He told me, it's just.
Speaker 4: Like, oh my god, what's happening?
Speaker 2: And then Ray, oh, it's like a.
Speaker 4: That was the deal breaker for me in front of everyone.
Speaker 5: Every Thank you, Jenny.
Speaker 3: It was so Kelly Taylor's two polos this episode and then raise yellow polo? Did he borrow that from Kelly from one of the rollerblating scenes? What was going on? I was so solo?
Speaker 2: Who would wear a p I mean.
Speaker 3: You you wear polos twice in this episode?
Speaker 2: Are sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Good. I love polos. But this was Ray's lowest low for me, lower than the push, which was horrendous.
Speaker 3: What him wearing a yellow polo.
Speaker 4: Like him just being of everybody. It's embarrassing. He's violent, he's absolutely abusive.
Speaker 5: It's so bad.
Speaker 4: It's so bad. And also for some reason, I have that like diarrhea feeling when couples fight in public and I'm with an earshot where I can't handle that.
Speaker 2: Like wait, what's the diarrhea feeling?
Speaker 4: I just hate when couples are having a spat in public.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, God, like I don't feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 5: I'm so bad.
Speaker 4: And it's just like, Donna, you're back at your school. There's young, impressionable high schoolers seeing you crying like I'm sorry, you're right, Like I just hated it.
Speaker 2: Oh when she runs after him, somebody should have stopped her. They just stare at her. They just stare at her and let her run off. After this, I know, just.
Speaker 4: Say to him Sea and he and she's like no, right, no, like it's so.
Speaker 2: That like and then he's like, I'm so sick. I hurt you and you're spoiled rich friends. He's so venomous, like.
Speaker 4: And then he's like I won't be cough, like it's so awful.
Speaker 3: Well, she says, don't call me.
Speaker 4: I won't.
Speaker 5: Like it's so triggering and terrible that I'm like.
Speaker 3: This is because you know that feeling when like someone's doing that to you and you're like being and then a panic and then you just get pushed. So you're just like, fine, don't call me, and then they're like I won't and you're like, no, I didn't mean it.
Speaker 4: It goes from begging. It's like there is there's that fine line between begging and then like fine, Like it's.
Speaker 3: Just so I wonder it's take her two little pink baby breads off and like throw him at him. She walked.
Speaker 2: I would have been a good start.
Speaker 4: This is the pink skirt with a white crop polo.
Speaker 2: Oh god, yeah, well you were wearing a polo too.
Speaker 3: Oh ah.
Speaker 4: There's no coming back for me with Ray. He is done. He is here.
Speaker 2: This is the last time we see him in this episode.
Speaker 3: Correct, I didn't know where you're going with that, Like.
Speaker 5: He'll be back.
Speaker 4: No, he sucks. Yeah, like they wrote him really really sucky, and watching it now.
Speaker 5: Is just like awful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like now going back, like we all know what you know, no spoilers, but what ends up happening. But you know, in years the writers still saying the producers are like, oh, we wanted to then make him redeemable.
Speaker 4: That was happen.
Speaker 3: But now watching it back from this point, like you're like, ah, you couldn't have gone back.
Speaker 4: You could never redeem this guy. And the craziest thing is he joins he's in the opening credits. Next season, it freaking blows my name. They make him.
Speaker 5: A regular on the next seat.
Speaker 3: He could.
Speaker 4: Yes, he is a regular in the starting credits, and it's like, this guy, you.
Speaker 5: Have made him.
Speaker 2: He really shouldn't have been in the opening credits. I'm going to say that right now.
Speaker 5: Because he's worse than Valerie and.
Speaker 2: Because he's he's abusive physically and mentally abusive. Valerie is just a dirty, rotten scoundrel.
Speaker 4: But but he's got.
Speaker 5: Bad.
Speaker 3: But you could see like how we so often are like you know, Jenny, Kelly, Tory, Donna, Like you could see how people were like Ray Jamie, and it's like further thing that's like the opposite, like the kindest human and so that is unfortunate.
Speaker 5: That's such a good point.
Speaker 4: It's like knowing that makes me want to revive his career, although I hear he's quite happy as a.
Speaker 5: Fireman, so it doesn't matter. But its empty pardon me emt but.
Speaker 3: Still getting defense.
Speaker 5: It also makes me Donna would chase after him. That's so Donna, and I'm like, Donna, stop it.
Speaker 2: I think she's gonna learn. Ultimately, does Donna learn in the series?
Speaker 4: But find out well, obviously, like she marries she has a no, she doesn't remember the wedding anyway. Nope, Okay, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay. So we go to the wash house and again Valerie is trying to convince Brandon that Kelly has manipulated him and she's stringing him along, and she tells Brandon that she hopes Kelly chooses Dylan because he deserves better.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's just gag me.
Speaker 2: I mean it could be a true statement, yes, but.
Speaker 5: She's like making a move for Brandon, which is so creepy.
Speaker 3: But only because Dylan didn't want her.
Speaker 2: I can't even imagine Brandon and.
Speaker 3: Steve want Valerie together. Steve gets no one and wants everyone.
Speaker 2: He'll get someone. Don't worry, Okay, I remember that but I honestly didn't disagree with val in this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, her words are true.
Speaker 2: Here we are back at the beach house and Kelly and Donna are having a heart to heart and Donna's complaining about how selfish Ray is, and Kelly says Brandon and Dylan are both selfish in their own ways. Too interesting.
Speaker 4: Take.
Speaker 3: Didn't we already go through the scene.
Speaker 2: I feel like we did.
Speaker 4: But that's okay, we didn't touch on that. I'm glad you brought that part important. Yeah, I'm glad you brought that up.
Speaker 2: And then Kelly does dispense some you know, usable advice. She says, don't lose yourself, which is what happens in these kinds of relationships.
Speaker 3: Any relationship. It's so hard. I thought for a young gal. It was very like inspirational that Kelly and evolved, that Kelly was able to see that both the men that she loves that they're selfish. And yeah, I don't know. I was like, that's a really cool thing what she's saying right now, because as you can see, Donna just defends her men, but you are, like mine, have some moments that are not so great too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's well said.
Speaker 4: And it was a good take that Kelly was a too astutely ascertain m hmm, I mean.
Speaker 2: I do I agree with you. I feel proud somehow that Kelly was taking this time to really weigh, you know, whether she was kissing both of them or not. She was really trying to make the right decision and she was really considering it. And also, yeah, yeah, very self aware and aware to see that they're both so selfish right now. They're both trying to get her and they don't really care about her. I want to win the challenge?
Speaker 4: Are they trying to win?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a great, great point. Yes, I mean I do believe they both love her, but in this moment, it's ego and pride that's taking over. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So this is the final goodbye for Andrea and Jesse the peach pit, where the whole crew surprises her to say one last goodbye.
Speaker 4: And this did not feel like Andrea was saying goodbye. This to me was Gabrielle saying goodbye.
Speaker 3: Correct, hmm.
Speaker 5: Didn't nobody thinks.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it was mixed because I I could feel just from my watching me in that scene, I felt like I was feeling like, oh no, gaps leaving and I don't like this.
Speaker 3: Didn't you feel like that? Everybody was like, this is so sad. I definitely cried personal I cried.
Speaker 4: I did two.
Speaker 5: I did too. I cried too.
Speaker 2: M she drives away and she has flashbacks of all her memories of West Bevererly.
Speaker 7: God, but we to talk about each individual goodbye, each individual kiss the kiss.
Speaker 4: So when you guys are watching that, we were like, oh wow, she's a real lip kisser.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a little weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we already knew that.
Speaker 4: But I think it started with a nat kiss and that kind of was like, oh wow, okay, all right, and then the kisses went all the way around.
Speaker 2: All around. Yep, well that's how you say goodbye in Beverly Hills. Then, oh, you guys. I saw Mark Espinoza at a a thing at the mission where we were serving food together him. Yes, we were amazing serving cobbler together, like dishing out cherry cobbler and I he looked amazing. No, I'll get to that. First of all, I walk up to him like this clothes, I'm like hi, and he looks at me, has no idea who I am, no one, And I was like, Hi, Hello, hello Mark I and literally I was like, it's me Jenny.
Speaker 3: He literally took his glasses on.
Speaker 2: You didn't believe me, then put his glasses on, and then he was.
Speaker 3: Like, oh no, no, no, I.
Speaker 2: Swhere that happened.
Speaker 4: You look exactly the same.
Speaker 2: Well, it doesn't matter. He didn't recognize me. So for the rest of our our time slot there in the cobbler, I kept accident like probably eight.
Speaker 4: Times, and I liked that you were serving cobbler though.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wait, first I was serving cobbler with.
Speaker 3: Color Feldman.
Speaker 4: What do you tell what other celebrities were there?
Speaker 2: This is iron Zering.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait, tell me about Corey Feldman.
Speaker 2: I was okay, first it was me and Corey Feldman. I got there and Corey was already serving the cobbler.
Speaker 3: And did you recognize him?
Speaker 4: Did he know you? Of course?
Speaker 2: And I they were like you you help out Corey in this cobbler section. I was like, okay, hi, Corey, It's I'm Jenny and it was awkward and he was like, oh hey. Then he gave me a hug and introduced yourself.
Speaker 3: Everyone in the whole world knows who you are.
Speaker 2: But when you're upsetting you that look they're they like they don't recognize you. I get really nervous and then I have to like compensate.
Speaker 3: That's like an ego thing when people do that. He was so nice, so nice. Okay, he's nice.
Speaker 5: He's nice.
Speaker 2: He is so nice. He is very unique that he's a very unique individual, and he was extremely pleasant to everybody there. So it was a very very big year coming.
Speaker 4: There's a very viral about his music. Was it about his music? A lot?
Speaker 2: He's got a lot coming out.
Speaker 4: Viral documentaries.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jerry O'Connell and Corey singing stand by me on the Talk.
Speaker 4: It's worth a watch.
Speaker 2: He's real sweet and he has a really nice son too, who was Oh yeah, it was fun anyhow, Sorry we have gone off topic.
Speaker 5: No, it's all good bit of trivia.
Speaker 4: Corey Fulman was one of in one of the Friday the Thirteenth story.
Speaker 3: Okays, Tommy, Tommy Jurgons and then in the next one he's older.
Speaker 4: But yeah, yep, yeah, yeah, I'm glad you know. Okay, Jenny, back to the the moment we've all been waiting for.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, wait, I want to tell you more. He was for some reason we got talking about the quiet on the set documentary. Oh no way, So this is like yesterday, this is all while serving the cobblers.
Speaker 4: What was this for Easter?
Speaker 5: When were you?
Speaker 2: And he was saying that he had had he had made a documentary back in the nineties and there was some very similar content. Yeah, and that people the powers that be shut it down and didn't release his documentary. Yeah what was in his documentary? And I was like, that has got to come out?
Speaker 4: Did he name names? M tell me later? I need to know later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So hopefully that documentary will come out. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Is he planning on it coming out?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to see that. He's probably seen Yeah, he's seen that ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, okay, sorry sorry sorry back to that was worth it.
Speaker 5: And just so you know, the people like our tangents, so don't you worry about that.
Speaker 3: Mark Damon Espinosa might not like this one, but you know.
Speaker 5: But bravo for everybody helping out on Easter. That makes me so happy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys. Here's the thing though, this is his final appearance ever, so we didn't know again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I know how they end up. Wait, what you don't know what happens with Jesse and Andrea.
Speaker 3: Oh that's still coming. I thought I'm missing.
Speaker 4: Well she comes back. So no, No, Andrea comes back a couple of times, and we learn they eventually they do get divorced. I don't want to ruin it.
Speaker 2: They're so happy right now in their Honda on the way to you know.
Speaker 4: I know they're really in love now, but it does not last summer ever. Now the moment we've all been waiting for.
Speaker 2: Yes, Jane and the lips that, but that's your moment.
Speaker 4: Look. I look deep into that, and I was like, do I see it? Do I see it?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 3: You saw it?
Speaker 4: I see that they have a they could have worked.
Speaker 5: It could have worked.
Speaker 3: You still maintain that in the peach.
Speaker 4: I will maintain.
Speaker 5: That, Thank you, Tori.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, despite people disagreed.
Speaker 3: With you on some level, I was just wondering, you saw it today today, this episode. Yeah, I did in nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 2: Dude, Wait, do you said people in the real world agree with you that they really do?
Speaker 4: They care for my take? Yeah? No, the majority.
Speaker 3: There might be a couple and I get in trouble for agreeing with you.
Speaker 4: No, they don't take it back. You're just you're being a nice friend. They really understand it's my take, and they.
Speaker 2: Do not thumbs down on that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they think I'm an idiot, but I stand on. I'm gonna I'm not backing down.
Speaker 2: I say, yeah, that's what I'm gonna do with Pepad then I'm not going to back down saying it because of you. You've inspired me. Aby Yeah, okay. So everyone scatters off and it's left with Kelly. Oh the funniest thing.
Speaker 4: That was a slow scattering yeah.
Speaker 2: And Steve's is standing there and he's like, what does he say something?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go turn in paper, probably not gonna get me as good of a grade.
Speaker 2: But literally no one is listening and no one responds, and he just walks off.
Speaker 5: Nobody cares.
Speaker 4: Was waiting for like one of the biggest moments in the show's history, and he's just got to get out of the scene with his term paper.
Speaker 3: Yeah yep.
Speaker 2: So Kelly says, hey, guys, can I talk to you?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: And they both look bent out of shape when she asks them to talk, like like they don't want to talk, which was a little weird. I mean, one of them just ask her and marry and the other ones it's just weird the way they're acting.
Speaker 5: Like they're so baby.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you think they're just nervous that they're gonna get turned down?
Speaker 4: I guess she tells Bachelor too. It's such a Bachelor moment because you've got them both there together with their roses and you're like, who's gonna get it?
Speaker 2: And that dress, the long black dress with the flowers.
Speaker 3: Oh nice?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And immediately the scene's iconic because I've watched it five hundred times on TikTok, so you know exactly what's happening.
Speaker 2: Yep. She tells Brandon that she can't accept the ring, and she tells and he so he starts to turn away, Yeah, rejected, and then she says wait and she tells she can't go on the trip with him, and that's when she says, I've made my choice. I choose me.
Speaker 4: Oh. It is the most dramatic Bachelor finale ever. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: They should do that.
Speaker 4: They should do that.
Speaker 5: Somebody up there should just be like and right, Brad Womack did that.
Speaker 2: But it was the first I mean, that was the moment that I didn't didn't even really understand that. I remember Jessica Klein, who wrote the line, talking to me about it beforehand because I was like, I don't know about this line. Seems weird and I didn't feel comfortable saying it because it was such an it was so definite, you.
Speaker 5: Know, and it was Yeah, it's very unique.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know where she came up with it, but it was pretty Yeah. It was a pretty important moment in the development of Kelly. And I think it was the first time that a lot of young girls who were growing up with the show and watching the show realized, whoa, Yeah, Kelly just chose her. I can choose myself, right, Yeah, And I think that's why it's resonated so much with so many people.
Speaker 4: It's very ahead of its time.
Speaker 5: If it was today, it's much more of course. Back then, I think it was so like whoa, we didn't.
Speaker 3: Know how to choose ourselves back then that it even was a choice.
Speaker 2: And especially with the two hottest dudes around town.
Speaker 5: Exactly, that's exactly right.
Speaker 2: I literally was like, oh, no, is this the right choice? This is very I don't know about this.
Speaker 5: It's prolific the right word, it's very prolific.
Speaker 1: It's very like, wow, oh yeah, and it just really it seems so scary too watch yeah it to be so definite about something and so standing your ground in front of these two guys who are both trying to woo.
Speaker 5: Her, and it sticks with you.
Speaker 4: I definitely thought about it after then, and now like you're like, oh wow.
Speaker 2: And that's crazy too, because you know, we meet fans all the time and they talk to us about their favorite episodes and their favorite outfits and their favorite lines. And Donna Martin graduates for Tori, and it's always I choose me for me. And I have women now that are like that say that, Like I was watching the show and that gave me the strength and the courage to say I could choose myself.
Speaker 5: And I have amazing at.
Speaker 2: The cons, Like I have one woman who got I Choose Me tattooed on her arm right here while I was watching at the oh wow, oh wow.
Speaker 3: While you were watching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, she had me write it on her arm, sweetest lady, and I do have good writing. I didn't do it very good though. It was some of my worst handwriting. And then I got word that she was over at the tattoo booths. Apparently they have tattoo booths. Wow, he's calmed sometimes and she was getting at tattooed. So I went over there and held her hand. Oh, and I was like, oh, I'm sorry, that's not very nice handwriting.
Speaker 4: But she did you realize like, was it after it aired that it was a big deal or was it years later that you're like, oh wow?
Speaker 2: I really think it was years later that it truly resonated me. And it wasn't even until recently when I was like exploring that idea of like going back to move forward, you know, and like embracing all the things in my life in my past, the experiences of that that I've had the big moments like thinking about that stuff in order to move me forward, because so often people want to move forward and they don't want to deal with their past. They don't want to associate with their past. They want to move on and be something new and be something different. But I was like, I really love, you know, so many things in my past, Like I want to embrace some of them and bring them into my future. So this was one of those things that really came through for me. And then I just started talking about it more and more and like, you know, doing what I can to get this message out there too. Girls, women, guys, anyone that choosing yourself is an option.
Speaker 4: Feels like it would be wonderful if you could give the message to Donna. And I wonder if that's if you.
Speaker 3: Could give the message to Toy right now.
Speaker 2: Oh, I give it to you all the time you do, she does, mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Choose your feels intentional that she's so in the opposite you mean Donna, Yeah, that Donna. In this episode there's this scene where she is so not choosing herself.
Speaker 2: But I don't know that it ever comes back for Donna.
Speaker 5: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: No, not like, not like as momentous as it does in this episode.
Speaker 2: For you in myself weird or crazy or maybe a little unstable.
Speaker 3: But I was.
Speaker 2: After I say I've made my choice, I choose me, I say, but I'll love you both till the day I die.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love that line too, Yes, And I was.
Speaker 3: Like, that.
Speaker 2: Is so true for Kelly, but that was also so true for me for Jenny. Like of those two men in front of me that I'd worked with for five years now and loved so much in each in different ways, you know, like definitely, you feel the same way. We'll love each other till the day we die.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all of us so true.
Speaker 2: Even if we don't you know, jibe, or we're not getting along or whatever, it is, like there's still that core of like love and connection that can never.
Speaker 3: Be called trauma bond.
Speaker 4: No, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 3: I had to take a nice moment.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you bring that up, Jenny, because that line is not as famous as the I Choose Me, But I love that line.
Speaker 3: And did you add that line or is that written?
Speaker 5: Oh, that's a great question.
Speaker 3: I can picture you adding that.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's such a good question.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That might have come out of the discussion of me feeling out like this is such a bold statement.
Speaker 5: Oh, that gives me chills.
Speaker 2: Maybe that was something that they added to sort of like take the sting off of that line. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: And everybody was encouraging her one way or the other. You know, Donna was saying, go be a Brandon, yeah, uh, Andrea was saying get the brass ring.
Speaker 3: Jesse said, choose the cobbler.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, it's just it's a great moment. In the in the history of the show, and I was very, very proud and honored to be a part of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a real, real high for the show.
Speaker 5: It's really good.
Speaker 3: It almost mean I don't want to say it, but like as soon as I heard that line, I was like, Okay, those are That's like, that's one of our most iconic lines ever. Like what happens now? Where do we go from here? Is there are there any others left? Yeah, you're saying, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I also felt like this was such a high for the show. And then I also felt that like what's gonna what where do we go now? Like, yeah, if she's not with Brandon or she's not with Dylan, am I gonna want to watch this?
Speaker 3: Like you No, you're not because you're not.
Speaker 4: Some people are like, yeah, because you make some bad calls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot of boyfriends coming up, and.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll see what happens. I don't know, I don't know, we'll see.
Speaker 4: But this was a very crescendo of the series.
Speaker 3: So did it jump the shark?
Speaker 5: After the most people think it's one more season.
Speaker 4: Until it jumps the show?
Speaker 3: One more six is okay? What defines that season that makes it it lasted another?
Speaker 4: I don't know. That's a great question. I think we're gonna have to analyze it.
Speaker 2: And that we will. We will analyze it.
Speaker 4: Bravo to both of you in this episode, because both of you had major stuff, very opposite but really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think this is a good episode. Did you guys want to rate.
Speaker 3: It at all?
Speaker 5: It's obviously ten?
Speaker 2: Ten?
Speaker 3: Yeah, obvious really is always will be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true, Torri always will be where some of them ebb and flow or you change your mind over the years. This is a real ten.
Speaker 3: But it's a two parter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's more to come.
Speaker 2: There's more to come.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is the next part the season finale?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh oh okay, so but wait the next episode? Season five, episode thirty one ps I Love You Part one?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, So we have two more.
Speaker 3: Two more episodes, you guys, I'm sorry, but I think this season should have ended here. Yeah yeah, yeah, and ended on Kelly's line, like that's it for the season. Boom, go out on the high note. Now I'm confused. What's happening? Okay? Yeah, so what's going to happen.
Speaker 2: To see, like, what's going to be the season finale? The Walshes leave, Well, everybody do your homework watch episode five Nope, Season five, episode thirty one ps I Love You Part one and we will talk about it next week