Speaker 1: My brother and I we pulled all our money together. I was left in our bank account. We bought a hot tub. The first three weeks here at the University of Arizona, where we drained our bank accounts, they were at zero dollars.
Speaker 2: Yep. Welcome to Dudes on Dudes. I'm Rob Gronkowski.
Speaker 3: And I'm Julian Edelman, and this is the show where your favorite dudes talk about their favorite dudes.
Speaker 2: On today's episode, we're talking about some serious dudes. We got Patrick Mahomes. I mean, good thing. I didn't have a foot long, you know, in my hand when I met him. That would have been a little awkward.
Speaker 3: Fred Warner, I don't know what he was doing. I think he was smelling the grass. Whatever he did, he let you know. The first play of that practice, he set a tempo and the goat Tom Brady.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of things Tom Brady did to piss us off, but it was all because he.
Speaker 2: Was the Ultimately will break down their games.
Speaker 3: We'll share some insiders stories and determine what kind of dude each of these dudes are, and then we wrap it up by categorizing some celebrity dude.
Speaker 2: Matthew McConaughey, Te Swift, Stop dog, Let's go. Let's go.
Speaker 3: The Chiefs in forty nine Ers game this week on Fox is going to be amazing. So we're going to be sticking to guys from this marquee matchup to talk about. All right, So first one bomb bomb bom our first guy we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Well, Joels, I'll help you out put the little There we.
Speaker 3: Go, Patrick Levaughn Mahomes the second.
Speaker 2: Should we start start the clock.
Speaker 3: We remember we have ten minutes to talk about each dude to determine on what dude these dudes are. So let's start the clock. Ready, set go, rob, Let's start with Ai.
Speaker 1: Patrick Mahomes is an elite NFL quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs, known for his incredible arm, strength, agility, and leadership, leading his team to multiple Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Victories few, not a couple of few, but three super Bowls.
Speaker 2: Been to how many?
Speaker 3: Four?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Four? Super Bowl? He's been here, three time champion Jesus.
Speaker 1: Off the field, he is admired for his humility, community involvement, and philanthropic efforts, particularly through his fifteen and the Mahomeys foundations.
Speaker 2: He's a guy for the kids.
Speaker 1: Loves the kids, just like myself. I have the Gronk Nation Youth Foundation. We're for the kids. That's why I love Patrick even more now. He's for the kids. When you're for the kids, you're a good dude. When you're for the kids, you're a good dude. Mahomes combination of talent, work, ethic, and character has made him one of the most respected and influential figures in the NFL today. Wow, tell you the truth. I don't think Ai got it right. I mean, if AI got it right, it would have been a page like of Like he didn't even.
Speaker 3: Say anything about his arm angle thing, Like everyone talks, every human talks about this fucking arm angle.
Speaker 1: He could throw the ball sideways. He can throw it, you know, over.
Speaker 2: Behind the behind the back.
Speaker 3: This year, he could throw it with his eyes closed, no lookers. I mean Patrick Levan, hup, Mahomes the seconds, he's a laughing Patrick Levaughn.
Speaker 2: I love how you're just like saying his middle name as well.
Speaker 3: I like Patrick Levon mahomes assass. It's it's just it's a good sound.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I got a story with him so back when you were bawling in twenty seventeen Super Bowl against Philadelphia Minnesota. I had to torn acl and so I proceed to go out and it's me Cliff Kingsbury, his agent, and Jacqueline who was working with Cliff, who's Mahomes' marketing lady, and this rookie Patrick Mahomes, and we were all at this table at some party or some I don't even know club, and Mahomes was just like the coolest little dude chugging beards. We were sitting back chugging beards. I didn't really know who he was because they still had Alex Smith. This was the year that he sat behind him right and no one knew who he was. And he was just you could tell he was one of the dudes that you wanted to hang around. He's a fucking just good ass kid. He was like a little puppy there.
Speaker 2: Man. He was just yo, looks like a shaw you want.
Speaker 3: And it's so crazy to see where his story's gone. I mean, he's a fucking he's a legend. He's an absolute legend. He is allged. I don't have a story like that. I just met him one time, really quick. It was on the of a subway commercial and I was shooting and that he was right after me, and I mean, good thing.
Speaker 1: I didn't have a foot long you know, in my hand when I met him. That would have been a little awkward. But when I went up to him, probably kind of. I just got off.
Speaker 2: How would you know that, Jules, I showered with you ten nine years Oh yeah that's true. Yeah, oh yeah, I forgot yeah yeah. Dang, Dang has a monster piece. Dang should represent back to my homes. All right.
Speaker 1: So I just you know, I was coming out of my trailer. I just finished my set. Then he was coming on on the set. He was coming out of his trailer, and then we just walked by each other. I just met him super quick for about thirty seconds. We just said what's up. I don't have a cool story like Jules, but he just seems like the ultimate dude, Like a great guy, great teammate person you know that will never you know, any like will ever get too big time for anyone, like fame will never change this guy. I ne like just the way he acts, the way he carries himself, which is great, and I feel like that's why he's loved by America. The Chiefs might not be loved by America. But there's no one that says, hey, you know, I don't like Patrick Mahomes. I mean, if they don't like Patrick Mahomes, it's because he is facing their team, you know, that week and beating their ass.
Speaker 2: That is right.
Speaker 1: But overall, man, everyone loves Patrick Mahomes. They love his game, they love his personality, they love what he represents. And uh, he's just the man dude. Just the way he plays the game as well, He's not scared. He has no fear out there on the field. I mean, he doesn't care if he's gonna get hit by a linebacker, hit by d lineman. Just his game just brings a whole new perspective to the fans in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Definitely, And like you said, he his success hasn't changed him at all. You can tell how he handles himself in front of the media that he's such a team guy. HM, like you, when you watch him, he never he never points fingers, He only points thumbs, you know what I mean. He never he never says anything. He always puts it on himself. And that's what a lead. That's someone that's someone who we played with that did That's what Tom did exactly, you know what I mean, that's why he you know, he's in that he's doing what Tom shit.
Speaker 1: I literally think Patrick Mahomes and Tom Brady have the most similar careers out of like any other quarterbacks. I mean, they both sat behind another quarterback when they got into the league, which I think a lot of first rounders should be doing that. I mean, look, how much you know mature Patrick Mahomes was, you know, going in when he first started because he sat behind Alex Smith, he got to learn.
Speaker 2: And then when it was James Daniels, Yes, Jayden Daniels is the.
Speaker 1: Only one that I would say, yeah, he's he's on NFL ready, Why you got it? Like there's there's an exception, but majority, I mean majority of the time, it's better for a player, you know, a first round quarterback to sit.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Obviously Tom sat behind Drew Blatsoe. Patrick Mahomes sat behind Alex Smith, and then it was when it was their opportunity, they were ready to go and they took full of advantage and then they became the starter from there on out.
Speaker 3: Didn't Josh Allen sit behind uh? Wasn't Fitzpatrick there for a little bit early on he was sitting. He didn't come out.
Speaker 1: We're not talking about Josh Allen. Right, you're getting off but he like always all so you're getting.
Speaker 2: Off track, but you always get right back on track. That's why I love you. He's you just need someone there just whipping your ass at all time. I need it too, and it really is.
Speaker 3: He's really revolutionized the quarterback position. You could put him in that same category as like Steph Curry who's changed the position now. Tom He's just a sit in the quarterback, sit in the pocket type, spot type quarterback.
Speaker 2: The best one to do, the best one to do that.
Speaker 3: This is the first time where you've seen like the real, real athletic quarterback, guy that changes launch angles, guy that makes plays with like second plays within the plays, really succeed and do what he's done. And it's made like you see the kid at Nebraska what's his name, Dylan Rayola. I mean you have now young kids trying to look identical to what Patrick Mahomes is doing, and you see a lot of that.
Speaker 2: You saw a lot of that with Aaron Rodgers and his play. How people emulated how he plays.
Speaker 3: You know, you look at how Jordan love throws, and all these younger quarterbacks, the zach willisons their little jump passes where they try to get that ground force production. Mahomes is also doing that. Now people are looking at Mahomes. He's that next generation where everyone of these little kids is really emulating, which is very parallel to what Steph Curry did the NBA.
Speaker 1: And what also the factor is with Steph Curry now is too, is that he can hit a three pointer with a seventh quarter in front of his face with the best guyard guarding him. While he can hit a three pointer off of one foot falling backwards on a fadeaway. That's kind of like Mahomes on the field as an NFL quarterback. He's doing no look passes, He's falling backwards getting hit, He's still throwing it on target. What else, He's throwing it underhand to the guy. So him and Steph Curry are very similar in the way that they can just release that ball and still get it to exactly where they need it to go and swish every shot.
Speaker 2: Still, it's unbelievable. What a fucking what that was a fucking three. I'm eating up.
Speaker 1: I got a scouting report for freaking Patrick, I wrote the scouting report.
Speaker 2: He's crafty.
Speaker 1: He has great ability to extend plays, and that's actually what makes Patrick Mahomes possibly possibly better than the Goat in the end. That's the only thing that I would say could possibly make him better than Tom Brady in the end, is that he can extend plays to a whole nother degree.
Speaker 2: But he's never going to be better than Tom.
Speaker 1: Even if he is, I'll never say that because I love Tom also, I'm just saying the way he can extend play, that's what makes the Kansas City Chief so good. He's about to be sacked and he just rolls out, spins off a defender, and then he throws a Travis Kelcey or Tyreek Hill when he had him, or a no name seventh rounder like you, Julianne, once again, making that seventh rounder famous like Tom did with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like Travis Kelcey famous, like Tom Brady made you know myself famous, you know, throwing the balls to me.
Speaker 2: That's what that's what.
Speaker 1: That's that's why these quarterbacks are great, because they're making us famous as well big as money.
Speaker 2: So what were you gonna say? What were you gonna say, I don't know good, I forgot what I was gonna say.
Speaker 3: It's also pretty cool that he has Like in our situation, we never really had an offensive minded head coach and we never really got to see the tandem of head coach with offensive uh or with with quarterback. You know, Like, I think his relationship with Andy Reid is something really special as well. I think they can they can they can finish each other's sentences. Now Brady and Belichick can do that too, but I think when they finish each other's sentences, there's.
Speaker 2: Like a twinkle in their eye, you know, like it's kind of like it's like it's like I'm the one who yeah.
Speaker 3: No, But it's just it's I think, you know, for as much as the public he's getting sick of the Kansas City Chiefs, it's it's it's guys like Patrick Mahomes. They got some really cool dudes at the top of that organization. Even Trive Man, he's a really cool dude. Definitely like where you don't mind rooting for him, you know. I I they're great and I'm rooting for the greatness to see it, I mean, not crazy.
Speaker 1: Back to the Scott and report. I had a couple more you know, X factors on that scouting report. He has awesome vision. Obviously, he's creative. He's unflappable.
Speaker 2: You know what that is, Julee? What is that? You know?
Speaker 1: Like he just can't be tackled, he can't be stopped. Slippery, Yeah, he's slippery.
Speaker 2: There it is.
Speaker 1: He's slippery, slipper, shut up, bunch of kind of like Camara, but as a quarterback, Kamara slippery when he goes out, then he goes through that hole like no one can get.
Speaker 2: Him, and he just falls off of every tackle.
Speaker 1: Twinkle Tone makes off schedule plays as well, which that's why the Kansas City Chiefs are so great and they have a chance in every game because of those off schedule plays. When you're supposed to be sacked, it turns into a thirty yard bomb. He's even keel. He's never too high and he's never too low. No, Which that's how you need to be in the NFL because the NFL has so many highs and so many lows, and if you can stay in the middle, that's a talent right there itself.
Speaker 3: Even when he's doing the whole uh. The one thing that it fucking cracks me up. What he does is when there's a penalty or something and he'll he'll he'll stick his little head in the referee fucking the huddle. It'd be like, oh he does that little that little fucking headwave boats on them.
Speaker 2: It's on them, it's on them. I get so mad when he does that. I don't know why, I know, and it's not on them. But he's kind of he keeps a come called reps. He's come cool. It's on us. He come cool. Thing that you were saying, go ahead.
Speaker 1: And most importantly, he's durable, durable, and if he's hurt, he still goes out there and he performs. He was in the playoffs he had like the high ankle spring and he played his game right back out and just kept throwing bomb still.
Speaker 2: So the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: That's what makes the quarterback a quarterback is when you're injured, you know, an elite quarterback in the elite quarterback is when you're beat up, still you're still.
Speaker 2: Going out there.
Speaker 1: And that's why this guy reminds me of tom a lot, Yeah a lot, because tom Ay he would go out there no matter what the situation was. Where w However, he was banged up, he would still perform and go out there and play too.
Speaker 3: So many injuries no one knows about that. Tom played through because that's how good he was. And that's what Patrick Mahomes does. He adjust his game when he's hurt. Remember, like with that the high ankle spring.
Speaker 2: What was that was that? That was their last two Super Bowls ago.
Speaker 3: It was the first one where he had the high angle Spring Bowls Ago And I was sitting there like this could be really bad. And he had that really big run. He had a really big third down run that was like that sealed the game. I think I'm coming off off memory and I was sitting there like, man, that's what competitors do.
Speaker 2: They don't talk. You know.
Speaker 3: He didn't make it loud about his ankle, but when it was freaking nut cutting time, the dude went out and he was in assassin made the play. He always makes the play when his team needs him to make the play, and that's why he's considered the best quarterback in the league right now.
Speaker 1: But I mean, he's clutching big moments. There's no doubt about that. I mean, I don't think if the Kansas City Chiefs didn't have my homes. They want to have, you know one in these situations that they've been winning in. I mean, the guy comes through every single time they need a big play and when the game is close, he manages to score or put them you know, the offense and field goal position so them Bucker can just go out there and just kick a seventy yarder right through the middle and just win the game every time.
Speaker 2: And it's crazy. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of their team is like very similar to ours.
Speaker 2: Very similar in all in all ways. If you really think about.
Speaker 3: Great kicker, yes, best quarterback in the league, and then a lot of great tight best tight end in the league, yes, and you know Travis kind of having he's getting a lot of the eyes right now, his productions down. But then they always have some other guy, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: The defense, defense is strong.
Speaker 1: I means Jones on the defensive side kind of like Devin mccordy and Dante hy Tower, like they're very very similar. And then obviously coach Balichick, coach Andy Reid very similar coaches. And you want to know where they're very similar as well, from what I've heard, practice is they practice hard practice hard. They practice hard, and in New England, we practiced hard.
Speaker 3: It made games easier if you were recovered for the game, if you're.
Speaker 2: Made the game suck if you weren't recovered for the game.
Speaker 3: There was one time where he didn't come in clutch.
Speaker 2: H one was that Jewels. Was that when there was a Super Bowl in Tampa Bay that you were playing in. Yeah, but you know, it was just an overall domination of the whole team. Yeah. Yeah, they were missing those linemen. Yeah, they were.
Speaker 1: Missing the lineman and we just dominated, you know, the whole entire game. We dominated the offensive side of the ball. We had a great game plan going in everyone. We had a script of like eighty plays and literally we ran like all eighty of those plays to the exac t that we wanted to. It went literally from practice and translated right into the game.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And we were just checking mark, checking off like every play that we ran that we go to the next and every play was working and on top of our defense was ready. We even got blown out versus the in the regular season. I think that was our last regular season lost too.
Speaker 2: And before we went on that you know, eight game winning streak.
Speaker 1: But uh, yeah, the defense, we we just scouted them like like it was nothing, dude. We were on the Homes big time. But it really wasn't Mahomes's fault. It was just a domination just overall, as our team dominated their whole team in every aspect of the game. So Mahomes really didn't have a chance to, you know, perform like Mahomes.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, that's that. That was a That was a great game, that really was.
Speaker 1: And then on top of it, man, what about the freaking AFC Championship game. That's another time, you know, No, when we faced Mahomes and AFC Championship game, Man, I mean, I'm the best AFC Championship game of all time, I believe, And it was our time to shine as well. And it was always you know a doubt. Hey, can the new omand Patriots go on the road and win a Super Bowl? We've never done that before. And that solidified us to be the dynasty, the dynasty of all dynasties because we went into Arrowhead twenty eighteen, the Chiefs were the number one season. They were electric and let me tell you, Mahomes didn't disappoint in this game. The reason why Mel Holmes losses because he didn't have a chance in the playoffs, in the not the playoffs and overtime to touch the ball, because we got the ball first and we went right down the field and scored. I watched that game just now in Dallas with my nephew. He put the game on the last five minutes.
Speaker 2: Of the game.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, my blood was my heart was racing, my blood pressure was up, because it was one of the best games I've ever seen. I haven't ever rewatched it either. In Jewels Man, you came through in the clutch boys soon, did you?
Speaker 2: No? Well, yeah I did too, But no, let me tell you third and ten we did. The game's over.
Speaker 1: We're down by four, Oh Rob, you know, just chip block in the d N giving Tom extra time, Tony Romo in the booth. Now expect Julian Edelman to go up, you know, like he's going running it under. Then to go up like he's going deep, and then the run across or Tom Brady will hit him.
Speaker 2: It's third and ten. That's gonna be the play. Boo. What happened?
Speaker 1: Go right across the middle on an over route boom first time, Third and ten again Tony Romo. Expect Julian across the middle. Tom Brady's gonna hit him. Expect Ronka chip, give Tom more time. Boom hit Julian up the freaking middle once again for another first down, and then Tony Romeo again.
Speaker 2: Well, this time Gronk is spread out wide. Let's see what he can do. It's third and guess what. He just has to go to.
Speaker 1: Gronckets one on one coverage. He's not gonna look anywhere else. What happens we fade route first and ten. Baby, let's go Baley. You came through Clutch so much. You had a heck of a playoff run that year as well.
Speaker 3: That was a fun year and that was kind of the passion of the tours for for Tom to to Mahomes. You know, he's kind of like hell for at least that matchup. Tom played him again in Newton in Tampa, but like that was like a different one because that was like that was the road to the AFC Championship was always through us and it went to them. Tom had to say right before he left the conference, say, buddy, there's a hell of a run.
Speaker 1: You'll always hold my beer, You'll always remember me. You always remember you didn't win when I was here.
Speaker 3: And as soon as left that he's been winning them all us ever seen so Patrick Mahomes And what kind of time we went way over it is?
Speaker 2: Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 1: You going, gosh, we're at twenty minutes. Yeah, my gosh, you felt like ten minutes. The guy's guy has won as a starter from the very beginning. He's a fucking guy's no losing seasons.
Speaker 2: He's he's on pace to be.
Speaker 1: We're only supposed to talk about him for ten minutes, but it's been like twenty minutes, but we could talk about Mahomes for the next two hours.
Speaker 2: Really wanted to.
Speaker 1: There's so many crucial spirit him again, so many situations he's been in where he has come back and just made magic happen.
Speaker 2: He should be right here one day and we should have a beer with him. J That's the kind of guy he is. Yeah, but we got to get to this.
Speaker 1: What kind of dude you know? Is Patrick Mahomes? Of feel like we kind of went over it and already hit it.
Speaker 2: But is he a stud? Is he a freak? Is he a dog? Is he a whiz? Is he a dudees? Dude?
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like he represents and uh, he hit all these categories, but what is he?
Speaker 2: What? What one does he most exactly? I think too right now that are coming to three are coming to me right now.
Speaker 3: Freak dog in dudes, dude, freak dog and dudes do I mean the guy is a wizard.
Speaker 2: Though he's a wizard and he's a wizard basically recreated the offense because of him.
Speaker 3: He basically recreated how you I'm gonna go with the quarterback, But what I'm really thinking, I'm definitely gonna go with one of the three that what do you do hit?
Speaker 1: Maybe Patrick Mahomes deserves two of them because he's just that good, But we can't do that, can't break and it was so great. He's a he is a freak and he's a freak with a dad bod. But that's the advantage is that a quarterback. Here's my big take on quarterbacks is if you're jacked, you're gonna only have like three years in the NFL. If you're coming out in your kids coming out of college. I'm not even gonna bring up any names, but I can name so many that these quarterbacks are jacked. They can bench so much that your arm's gonna fall off because you're too tight after after three years. That's why this guy is so great because he has a dad body, and when you have a dadbod, you're looser than frickin.
Speaker 2: He's a fucking dog. Yeah, he is a dog. He is a dog. But he's a freak dog. Yeah he is. So can he be a freak freaking you know what you or? Is he just a whiz he just clutt Nah, he's more than a whiz though.
Speaker 1: He whizz is like someone that's really smart that keeps them in the league longer because they're not a freak.
Speaker 2: So you can't give him like a whiz.
Speaker 3: You can't give him a whizz. Nah, But I think he's a dog. He is a dog because freaking mental, physical, toughness, always motivated, relentless. There's so many freaking there's so many third downs that we don't even talk about that he converted when it was his team needed it, that like made a drive more or that took an offense off the field or kept an offense off. There's so many of those situations that he's a fucking dog. He's an assassinate. He will murder your team.
Speaker 2: All right, Jules.
Speaker 1: Like I said, we can talk about him for the next three hours. We gotta put him in the category of a freak or a dog.
Speaker 2: What is he?
Speaker 1: All right, you got three seconds to decide. Freak, he's a freak. He is a freak, because there's only one Patrick.
Speaker 2: He's a freak. Know that, the little kid out of Nebraska.
Speaker 3: He got the shades, the haircut, the same damn walk and clapping stuff.
Speaker 2: There's only one of those. He's inspiring. He is man. He's a freak, freak of nature. All right, tamp it damn all right.
Speaker 3: For the next We'll be right back after this quick break, on to Cincinnati, onto our next guy.
Speaker 2: All Right, here we go, Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, please put your hands together for a warm welcome to our next dudes on dude, dude, that we will be talking about.
Speaker 4: Fred Warner, Fred Warner, Frederico, Anthony Warner, Panamanian, Mexican.
Speaker 2: All right here, Americo, he's a fucking dog. Just go synopsis, my sonaplois right here. That's a big word. And let me let me tell you I just hit synopsis. I'm Fred Warner here we go, I say.
Speaker 1: Robbie Fred Warner is a standout linebacker for the San Francisco forty nine years, known for his exceptional tackling and leaders ship on the field.
Speaker 2: Off the field, he is admired. He is admired for his dedication of hold on.
Speaker 1: Off the field, he is admired for his dedication and humility, often crediting his single mother for his success.
Speaker 2: Water journey from Mission Hills High School to the NFL is inspiring, showcasing his hard work and persevere man man dude, Federico Anthony Warner. What AI did we use? I feel like we use like week like weak AI.
Speaker 1: Like this AI is like like the broken, like the electronics are sparking.
Speaker 2: Like type of AI.
Speaker 1: Because like last week when I had the AI printed out, let me tell you for our first couple episodes, that was a description.
Speaker 2: We need, we need, we gotta work on AI.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I didn't didn't come close to describing what this guy is on the field. You know, I love this story about you know, come where he came from, and you could you could see what that passion how he plays on the field. I remember watching him. I went to that the Raiders forty nine Ers training camp last year, they had a joint practice and I was out there real early. I was visiting the Raiders when McDaniels was over there. Don't like, let's not get in the comment section about that, and.
Speaker 2: I yeah, no, the comment section is right here. I thought, you're a patriot for a life, and I'm not all over with the Raiders, you know. It was more of the hate for Josh.
Speaker 3: I was talking like, all right, we don't need to hear that, right, all right, all right, But I look, I go out to practice early and there's one guy out there at the very beginning. It's Fred Warner and he there's the two fields and he's over on the far field.
Speaker 2: I don't know what he was doing.
Speaker 3: I think he was smelling the grass, doing some kind of weird war dance or something. But whatever he did, let he let you know. The first player of that practice. He set a tempo man. And that's the kind of guy he was like. I was like, this dude's doing some like predator shit. That's fucking fire. I liked this guy more than anything. I found out he was Mexican. He plays for my old team that I love like I love this guy and then I've met him a couple of times. He's just a fucking like the AI said, he's a stand up dude, that's very got a lot of humility, but he's also an assassin on that field. Man, he sidelined the sideline. You played against him a bunch.
Speaker 2: How was he actually?
Speaker 1: I never actually played against the San Francisco forty nine Ers in my life. I was hurt the two or three times when we did play the forty nine Ers, which was a disappointment. I mean, I wish I truly played against every team in the NFL. I wanted to play in every stadium in the NFL.
Speaker 2: He's put him with Bucks with the Bucks. No, No, we never played the forty nine ers. Mmm.
Speaker 1: Man, so so I think that's the only team in the NFL I never played. So but let me tell you, I was just covering him so and gets scored on it by GROUNK. I was covering him this week. And let me tell you, I had to cover Fred Warner because he made a couple of plays and they had a couple of turnovers, and he had the biggest play of the game on the defensive side of the ball. Shit jumped up in the air and had that interception versus Jacobe and it literally just showed like his freak athleticism on that play because he had to jump in the air like a wide receiver. He's about, you know, a couple like thirty inches off the ground, solid vertical jump, and then he had a he landed on his back and then he popped up immediately, like his awareness is a ten out of ten to be a defensive player and to have hands like that and then to have the awareness to get up and that the play is still like there's wide receivers in the game that catch the ball and fall to the ground and still think it's college and he plays over and then they drop it on the ground and then it's a fumble. Fred Rico, Ladies and gentlemen, he popped right back up. And let me tell you, if I had to catch a ball and fell on the ground right now, he'll take me like twenty seconds to pop right. He sat on air when he set it on air, he popped right up in literally a half a second, joked some guys and ran it back for a pick six.
Speaker 2: Pick six. It was it was.
Speaker 3: It was kind of the nail on the coffin at the beginning of the game where you knew it was going and that's and that's he makes those plays all the time. Now, you know, he's been a very durable player. And he may have got a little banged up on the sideline, but he looked like he was all right.
Speaker 2: But I remember I was.
Speaker 3: Watching you do the highlights on Fox Halftime Show, and I was like thinking, like he did fucking just catch that ball and get up and go and and was instinctive and like when defensive guys get their their ball, their hands on the ball. Sometimes you see him carrying the ball like a loaf of bread. He looked like a big ass running back. And then he got that Pop Warner. He got that Pop Warner arch in his back, you know when you get tired at the end. And then he jumped it. You get that Pop Warner arch when you got the kid who's running away, got the Pop Warner arch.
Speaker 1: Talking about that, you know, Pop Warner. He had to play offense at some point. Yeah, to be able to catch a ball like that and then to be able to run like that after the catch, I mean he had to play like running back freaking slot receiver or something growing up, and he played at BYU. Actually you know, a star right there. From the very beginning, my first game out overlooked to it.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes he did.
Speaker 1: And my first game ever was actually versus BYU. That was just a fun fact I was throwing out there. We actually won. They were number I think twenty in the country when we beat him. And I beat BYU in a bowl game as well, the first bowl game for Arizona zero touchdowns, but my brother had won. I don't know, like it was my last game actually at the University of Arizona and it was the first bowl game in ten years for the University of Arizona. It was the Vegas Ball we won there. But what was most important was I was in Vegas. Was at nineteen twenty years old?
Speaker 2: Was it fun? Yeah, it was fun. It was really fun. This time.
Speaker 1: I was still too young though, so I didn't really get the experience Vegas like that. Yeah, I was trying to you know, I was trying to. No, it wasn't that gift bag, the gift back.
Speaker 2: Shit, I don't know that that was like that's fifteen years ago.
Speaker 3: I never went to a bowl game and I always wanted you know, I always want to know because you'd hear about like guys.
Speaker 2: Go to the Bowl games and get like an Xbox PlayStation.
Speaker 1: We gotta PlayStation. I actually sold it. What was that website? Craigslist? My friend sold it for me. No, it was Nintendo Week. My friend sold it to me because I had no money. I was like, yo, I don't really play video games. We actually had one system already. We played Halo twenty four to seven on on Xbox. I was like, I don't need this Nintendo Week. He sold it for me on Craigslist for the amount that it goes for in stores. I threw in my fifty bucks and I had like another two hundred dollars to buy people beer.
Speaker 3: You know what, I bet you if the NCAA knew about that, he would have got fucking fined.
Speaker 2: He you would have been you would have a fine gift. You're allowed to sell a gift, are you?
Speaker 3: But that's how crazy I told, like two months, here's selling wheeze and you go to a college player's fucking the players lot. Now all you see is Lamborghinis, these little fucking college kids.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Rob's over here trying to get fifty dollars from a craigslist all of his all.
Speaker 2: I knew it was fifteen bucks a week, and I was satisfied. It got the job. Did get you? It got me a thirty pack, and it got me lunch. That's all I needed. That's all I needed, folks, protein shake and thirty beteen shakes and beers. Did you just get the protein shakes back back at the facility?
Speaker 1: Well, actually, yeah, yeah, I got the protein shakes of the facility and a dinner which I would bring back as well. We would like like stack up the to go so then we would have kind of like an actual launch or a dinner that night the next night as well, just in case if we need some backup food beers and and the food. But dang, I forgot. Oh oh, I now I know why I had no money.
Speaker 2: That's where I was going.
Speaker 1: I had no money in college because my brother and I we pulled all our money together. I was left in our bank account. We bought a hot tub the first three weeks too at the University of Arizona. Wheter we drained our bank accounts, they were at zero dollars. Yep, yeah, that's us. Yeah, the guy I mean back to Fred Warner, I mean the guy twenty twenty one. He had a record breaking contract, five years, ninety five million dollars. He reset the linebacker market. So are all you other linebackers out there, thank Fred Warner forty point five million dollars guaranteed, I mean superstore.
Speaker 2: What was his first purchase? I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: I feel like he's a reserved, you know guy, and people should be looking up to him for sure, off the field and on the field.
Speaker 2: First purchase, that's a good question. Was your first when you got your first paid or when you got drafted? What was your first?
Speaker 1: My first purchase, I've always wanted an Escalate, So I actually bought a used two thousand and eight Escalate and they had thirty thousand miles on it, and it was the red, the red one in I just thought I was so freaking cool, man.
Speaker 2: I had the rims, I had everything. It was the best car of all time I've ever had. So I got to get an escalator again. Man, it's been a while. That was my only escalte I've ever owned.
Speaker 1: I had it for about four years and then I gave it to my mom because I'm a good guy like that.
Speaker 2: You know, but great car man. That was my first purchase. How about you, Jules? What was yours?
Speaker 3: I bought a laptop. Laptop, that's my Sonny bonus was forty eight five, bro, I was. I didn't think I was gonna make the team. I bought a fucking Apple laptop, like one of the new Macs.
Speaker 2: I still have it.
Speaker 1: You were getting ready for your next job. Actually, when you bought it, You're like, I'm not gonna make this. No, maybe I'll be an accountant. Randy moss Wess weelker. Joey Galloway trading for Greg Lewis.
Speaker 2: You divide the odds, Jewels, just get a laptop. Oh, you divide the odds. All right.
Speaker 3: He's only missed one game in his six year crible reliable.
Speaker 2: That's crazy for the middle linebacker. It is like some London Fletcher started every game as a rookie. You know how hard that is to do? That is? Did you start every game as a rookie? No? Did you even play as a rookie? Really? Yes?
Speaker 3: Well West towards ACL Well and then.
Speaker 2: That's not the reason I was looking for Jullis. It's sad.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I didn't start as a rookie, not until like week ten because I didn't know the playbook.
Speaker 3: I started Week two at the Old Giant Stadium. We lost, but I had like nine catches in one hundred and nine yards.
Speaker 2: Well that's more important. Then it was like my first time ever.
Speaker 3: I was like, holy shit, Wes was out, and then Wes came back and bawled out, and then I didn't play for a long time.
Speaker 2: Well, we're aut eleven minutes now. These guys are just so great.
Speaker 1: We can talk about him for thirty minutes forty five minutes an hour.
Speaker 2: But where does he rank an all time Niners?
Speaker 3: On the defensive side, on the side of the Patrick Willis, they always have insane.
Speaker 1: Patrick Willis is a Hall of Famer. Now he went into Hall of Fame. I think this year, Am I right? Last couple of years or last year. Yeah, he's in the Hall of Fame though, So you got Patrick Willis Norton. Well, I believe if the San Francisco forty nine ers can finally win a Super Bowl, I mean, they got a stacked team, they're gonna obviously be having a chance to win one. I think he's going to be right up there in top three on the defensive side.
Speaker 2: Of the ball. You are you going to the field, You're going to old school. Now you're the Niners fan, so you grew up in the bank, so you can you can name every one of them as much.
Speaker 3: As the Niners, as much as the Niners lot Ronnie Lott even right or no, that was Eric Wright's son. I used to run track against him, all right.
Speaker 1: I would say he's a he's a top five defensive player of all time, of all time.
Speaker 2: How about you? What would you? Still?
Speaker 1: He's on his way to be He's got about another five years minimum left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's on his way. Those I mean there's he's on his way.
Speaker 1: If he plays five more years and wins a Super Bowl, he's easily win a Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: He's he's he's in there. He gets in there.
Speaker 3: But the thing is, the Niners get this big rap about how sexy their offense is. They've had some dog ass fucking defense, some players like you, said Ronnie Lott, Dean Stebblefield, Bryant Young, Ken Norton. He used to fucking Merton Hanks like they used to have some dogs over there, bro like Mark, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Hey, I forget about the Bosa Bosa, the Bosa guy. They have so many.
Speaker 3: They still have crazy guys on their own team. Deon Sanders was there, but he was there.
Speaker 2: For a year. I didn't even know Deon Sanders played for the Niners.
Speaker 3: Yeah he went, he won a super Bowl with them. On fact, I just learned he won a super Bowl with them, and then he won.
Speaker 2: A Super Bowl with the Niners, Dion Sanders.
Speaker 3: And then he went to Dallas next year. I mean a super Bowl. I mean I was young man, I was a young boy. I thought here was this five? I mean I was five years old.
Speaker 2: That's why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Well we got to get into the categories what Fred Warner is. Is he a stud, which is that thoughticism football IQ pedigree of being a stud. Or is he a freak which counts as you know, unparalleled physical ability.
Speaker 2: One on one instincts I mean.
Speaker 1: Or is he a dog, which is relentless, motivating, all that good stuff physical, mental toughness.
Speaker 2: Or is he a whiz kid? Does he know the game, intellect of the game, the innovation of the game. Is he clutch? Or is he a dude? Dude? Dude?
Speaker 1: What's dude's dude is positive attitude? Locker room guy, guy that you hang out with on the field, off the field, at dinner, family guy, just everything overall, calm, cool, collective.
Speaker 2: That's a dude's dude. So I think, what categories do you think he's in.
Speaker 1: For for his athletic ability. I'm going to go either on the side of being a stud or a freak.
Speaker 3: Stutter or freak. I was thinking stead of dog. I think he's just a stud because if you said.
Speaker 2: Stud or dog and I should start a freak. What does that have in common?
Speaker 3: Well, if it was a Ven diagram, I think stud would be in the middle part.
Speaker 2: Yes, it would be.
Speaker 3: So I've heard diagram you go those two circles and the ones that overlap. I heard that recently, probably back to eighth grade.
Speaker 2: Is there any numbers in that ven diagram that I can cut?
Speaker 3: There was like six numbers in this one and three and four were over in this side, and then it went over to three and four. When there was six numbers of this in the three and four over and they both inter it would be those the three and the four. All right, I think he's a stud. Just I don't I don't know what the heck you were just drawing up. I don't know what your imagination was.
Speaker 2: Thinking then, diagram, but all I know is that Fred Warner is an absolute stud of a linebacker in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Stud pedigree of the middle linebacker right now in the NFL, it was like it used to be, like Luke Keighley Erlacker. Right now, Fred Warner is up there. And there's a bunch of other guys that are in that category. We'll get into him this year, but he's definitely in that category. He's a stud.
Speaker 1: And what's crazy about it too, is that he's kind of like the new era Mike linebacker as well, because all these all these offenses were turning the passing offenses, so you need the guy that could be able to cover and also stuff the run. So you kind of needed a more athletic linebacker. And that's what he represents and that's why he got paid the way he got paid, and that's why everyone looks up to him at the linebacker position, especially the MIC because back in the day you had Mike linebackers and they were, you know, two hundred and fifty pounds, two hundred and sixty pounds, two hundred and seventy pounds that can just stuff the hole and stop the run, but they could never really cover that well, I mean zone deef and says, yes, they can fill the hole, you know, and make a couple of plays.
Speaker 3: But this guy can cover as well, sideline the sideline fast. But he also doesn't doesn't lack in the in the lower end department. He still brings the wood the heat. Yes, so he's just a fucking stud.
Speaker 1: And he's the first one to do that in the New era when the passing offenses just kept growing and growing.
Speaker 3: Patrick Willis was like that a little bit too, though, like it's I think it's just niners. These niners know how to get that damn linebacker.
Speaker 2: The Ravens. Ravens do too, Patrick mc queen. Shit, but they let him go.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go into our next bomb bump bomm Sure we're gonna go for more than ten minutes.
Speaker 2: We've already went for more than ten minutes. Who's our next guest, Tom All? I mean, wow, all right, who's our next guest, Julian.
Speaker 3: Our next guest is Thomas Edward Patrick Brady. Now let's see what AI has what to say about TV. Two guys that know him pretty well, Let's see if A knows him just as well? All right, started the clock.
Speaker 2: Let's see. Let's see if AI is really living up to the standards. Let's see he's everyone's saying last two AI, all right, Tom Brady is a legendary NFL quarterback. Well, they're already wrong because he's not a legendary NFL quarterback. He was an NFL legendary quarterback. Or is he does A? I know he's ay, I know something that we don't know. Hey, I is living up to the standards.
Speaker 1: Dolphin Kyle Shanahan still wants them with the Niners, even.
Speaker 2: Though maybe AI is up to something right now, he is up I see.
Speaker 1: He's a renowned for his record seven Super Bowl victories and five Super Bowl MVP Awards. Off the field, he is known for his disciplined lifestyle.
Speaker 3: Very disciplined t B twelve method business ventures slash business ventures, a lot of business ventures, owned teams, lots of teams, raiders potentially coming up soon. And philanthropic efforts, a lot of giving back to the kids, best buddies for a long time.
Speaker 2: Yes, and what about the kids he helped become superstars? Yeah, he helped us out too. We're part of that that doesn't go in. That's not full anthropy.
Speaker 1: But no, that's his biggest philanthropy right there. It was definitely okay, helping us kids out. He helped us a lot, all right, Oh, including his work with the TB twelve Foundation, which you just mentioned and.
Speaker 3: TB twelve Foundation. Brady's leadership, he's a leader. Resilience, guys, fucking resilient.
Speaker 2: And commitment, come on, joeless. He committed. This guy has committed like no other to excellence have made him an iconic figure. Is the iconic fucking he's got a ora the most iconic.
Speaker 1: Guy's gotta iconic figure both in sports and infinity and beyond.
Speaker 2: Is an Infinity and beyond.
Speaker 1: But I added that little bite a buzz light year, you know, spectacle aspect into it.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: I like that, But I can't believe a I didn't one thing that AI didn't get. This guy's his compartment. His compartmentalization skill is fucking outrageous. That's what when anyone asked me, like what is he could literally have so many things going around, going uh going on in his life, but when it was time for work, he could blur all that out and think about what that work day was and fucking get the most out of that work day every day, which some would say that's like a serial or some kind of maniac mindset. I would say that's like the greatest of all time.
Speaker 1: Yes, Jules, that's a great point. I actually never thought of that, and that's one hundred percent accurate. And that's actually contributes to why he was so great, is that he could ignore the noise, whatever is going on out there, whatever the situation was, it didn't matter, and he would Yeah, he would use that anyways he was using as fuel. It would be diesel fuel, it would be normal, normal fuel, it would be freaking super rated fuel. It didn't matter.
Speaker 2: A few freaking gas stations have that fuel, fill up that engine. And he had diesel engine, he had freaking premium engine. He had every engine in the.
Speaker 1: Book jet engine. And that's what made him so great. And he used that fuel and he burned all that fuel too.
Speaker 3: This is probably terrible. There's so many he burned so much fuel that he killed literally so much of the ozone layer that he's a fucking hazard to our environment because that's how much fuel he burns with the motivation and his compartmentalization factors. That's how much fuel he's burning and that and that jet was full go every single time.
Speaker 1: You know, when you get on a plane, you're like, this freaking pilot, better drive this plane or fly this plane as fast as possible. All drive it too freaking on the runway to get to the runway to freaking take off.
Speaker 2: So fly it and drive it as fast as possible. That's this guy. And he's got headwinds, so you're actually using more fuel and with the fuel never ran out.
Speaker 3: The guy has fucking airplanes that come out while you're flying. Have you seen that where they use the fucking piece and then while they're flying in the air and connecting limited Yeah, that's and that is Alex. Alex is the little airplane.
Speaker 2: Oh man, he just has so much fuel. I mean, oh, that was so good. That was so good. There they are, look at there's Tom Ales is freeling Tom up. Wow. Hey wow. And that's something that ha.
Speaker 3: That's a love thing out Alex because he him going.
Speaker 2: Keeps him going. Man.
Speaker 1: Well let's get to some accolades. I mean, first he was he was picked one sixth round in the two thousand draft. I mean I'm sure everyone knows that by now. He was with the Patriots from two thousand to twenty nineteen and then with the Bucks two thousand to twenty twenty two. And actually I just got a quiz on him how many years did he play in the NFL? And it was right before I talked to him two weeks ago on Fox, Kurt Menafie asked me we played a little live game. Hey, how well do you know your teammate Tom Brady goes? How many more years did Tom Brady play in the NFL than you? And I played eleven years? And I thought Tom Brady played twenty four years. I actually got it wrong. He played twenty three years in the NFL, So shame on me. But it was better to be over on that than the hit it right on the nose. But that's how many years he played?
Speaker 2: Is that? I just know? It was so many I couldn't even keep track anymore. He played eleven years more years.
Speaker 1: Than he played, eleven years more than you, in twelve years more than me. That is fucking I played twelve I played eleven years in the NFL, and he played more years in the NFL that I put in the NFL.
Speaker 2: He that without me? Does that make sense? Yeah? Yeah, like if you I don't know what that's called, but that's a math term. Yeah, that's called the whole. That's called goat. That's fucking goat yoat. Yeah, that's called jet fuel. Alex's jet fuel. Alex's jet fuel. Yeah. What was the first time you met Tom?
Speaker 1: The first time I met Tom was actually what was pretty wild. When I was at the University of Arizona. You know, I was doing my interview. I had a couple of touchdowns that game. I was showing off my touchdown celebrations, and then the lady interviewing me, she's like, who do you see being your quarterback in the NFL. And obviously, right on the spot, I go, Tom Brady would be the best quarterback to have in the NFL, and especially a great fit for me. And that was just the answer, you know, And then I did my touchdown dances and all that, and then what happens. I get drafted to the Patriots and Tom Brady becomes my quarterback.
Speaker 2: In the NFL.
Speaker 1: It was like I manifested it when I was in college. I manifested a lot of things. And if you ask Tom Tom's probably really big into manifesting his manifest He manifested all his Super Bowls because right after he won a Super Bowl he would already have a clock coming down to the next nextel. So he was manifesting like crazy. You just learned so much knowledge from him, and he's done so many things right to be able to get to, you know, nature of where he is now. It wasn't like he just had the athletic ability.
Speaker 2: He showed up.
Speaker 1: He did everything right, and he put the time in that you can never argue against them. You can't be So let's get Let's get back to what was I talking about again.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just got, Yeah, I got. The first time I met him, it was in the training room. I was getting my ankles taped and he walked in.
Speaker 1: So I was there already for the rookie camps, the rookie practices, and he just walks up to me. He goes, hey, Rob, I'm Tom Brady, and I was like, oh wow, this guy already knows my name. I mean, that's also what makes him so great as well, is that he already knows all the rookies names, all the guys that were drafted, what rounds they were drafted in, what type of player they already were, because he wants to know, you know, their athletic ability, you know what type of guy they are, so he can understand them, so he can be on the same page as that, so he can get the best out of them as well, like you said, and he could have that connections to help win games, so he can be on the same you know, wavelength as them. So he already knew my name. Came up to me and I just thought it was the coolest thing, and I just said, hey, man, nice to meet you.
Speaker 2: It was just super quick. He left. What did you think in your head?
Speaker 1: And Tom Brady knew my name and that was the greatest honor to shake his hand while getting my ankles taped.
Speaker 3: And then he goes wins four super Bowls with them. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: I had a similar story. Yeah, what was it like when you met him? What was that story?
Speaker 3: I was going from, like you said, we were already in there. When you're a rookie, you get in there before back in our day, you get in there before the vets reported, and so you'd be there for like three weeks. Did rookie camp and learning installations of everything. And so I had a big book. We all had these books. It was like a five inch Remember those old old binders. Before we had iPads, We used to have big old binders.
Speaker 1: I didn't like carrying them around. I left mine in my locker when I went home. Yeah, even though you were supposed to bring it home to study. I was like, I ain't carrying that binder.
Speaker 2: I used to carry it, you did, I do. I was just trying to make you.
Speaker 3: So I'm over here, getting five minutes before the special Teams meeting, it's true. And I'm running through and the Vets came in. And I saw the Vets coming because I saw well in the in the cafeteria. Didn't say a word to me. I was but I wanted to big timey a little bit. I had another jacket. He looks cool.
Speaker 2: He looks like when you guys big time each other, it's entertainment for me.
Speaker 3: All right back to time though, And so I knew they were in, but I was going to my meeting. And he walks through the door, you know, the entrance of the locker room from the hall. He walks in there and he goes I.
Speaker 2: Like look at him.
Speaker 3: I dropped my book and I'm like, oh shit, this dude is taller than I thought. And he goes, hey, I'm Tom. I go Jules, he goes, I know we have the same agent. Dragon's my agent too, or something something like that. And I was like, nice to meet you, and you could I felt the same way you felt, like, damn, he.
Speaker 2: Knew my name. That's fucking crazy. But he knew that. He knew everyone's name, and he made everyone feel special and not.
Speaker 3: That was part of his leadership skill, you know, like what made him such an unbelievable leader, from the meal ladies to you know, the people in the equipment.
Speaker 2: Room, the training staff.
Speaker 3: Like it didn't matter what was going on, how the day went, he was always a pretty cool dude to everyone. And everyone was always watching him, you know what I mean. And that's when you're the quarterback of the team, everyone no matter what is going on in your life, is watching that person and to see how they react to everything, the success, the failure.
Speaker 2: Your eyes go to that guy, you know.
Speaker 3: And he was the perfect guy for us, especially when we were young knuckleheads, to look at like, all right, this is how you have to do it. He gave you the example, and he was just a fucking's it.
Speaker 1: He gave us the blueprint on how to become a reliable, talented, you know player that you needed to be to help the team win games. He gave us the blueprint on how to become a star out there on the field. He gave us the blueprint on how to make plays, how to go out there and have that mindset ready to go, and also be mentally and physically ready at all times on the practice field and on the game field. There's no doubt about that. And he didn't just give you a blueprint. He showed you the way too. Showed you, Yes, he showed you, Hey, this is where I want you on this route. This is when you need to look at me. This is where the ball is going to change you. Yes, he trained you to be like that. Oh oh wait, oh wait, oh you want to take a break. Hey man, I'm telling you your mind will let you go farther. Let's go, four more routes, let's go. You got to be able to be on the same page as me. You got to be right here, be more physical, be more physical. You're bigger than everyone. Run his ass over and turn around and the ball will be there, I promise you. And if you don't hit that guy, if you're not physical, guess what, the ball is not going to come to you.
Speaker 2: He would just lay it out just like that. His leadership was just what's that word where it's just brutally honest? Yes, brutally honest. And that's what made him so great too.
Speaker 3: So like with him, that's what he always harped to gronk.
Speaker 2: With me.
Speaker 3: I remember in those because a lot of times we would get that coaching in the off season when he would go fly out somewhere, we would throw together, you know, because there's times where you would do it.
Speaker 2: There was times where I would do it.
Speaker 3: He would always try to get his throes in with his guys, and for me, he'd always come up to me and like, hey, I need you to be here. I need you to be like a boxer. You know, you can't you can't be You can't just do what the thing shows you on the paper. You have to feel it out. You got to set things up with your jab and then you use your right. You know, it's like a box. You gotta be more savvy in your route running. That's I remember you saying that, and then he'd always say, like, you got to run like a fucking you got to be able to run.
Speaker 2: You got to be able to run all day.
Speaker 3: And like you said, when you were tired, we would do those sets of routes. He'd make you do three or four extra ones. He would say. You'd line up and you would you think that the drill was done, and he would say, oh, there is offsides on a penalty on your teammates, or there was a holding call or PI, or we got to redo it. And he knew you were dog dead, but he wanted to see. He wanted to get everything out of you when you were on empty. He wanted to see what kind of guy you were, and he wanted to show you that's what he expected in game time.
Speaker 2: And a word that you could have used in there as well. That kind of sums it up a little bit.
Speaker 1: As he loved a decisive route, run decisive, decisive.
Speaker 2: He didn't care if.
Speaker 1: The paper said run ten yards and run out. He didn't care one bet. He cared about being decisive on the practice field and taking that decisiveness and bringing it to the game field.
Speaker 2: He goes, hey, if you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Run twelve yards even though it's a ten yard route, or if you're gonna run eight yards, it's gonna be a little short. Just be decisive. Let me know when you're gonna break out. Let me know when you're gonna break down, so I can get that ball out and I can read you. I don't need you to have fifteen steps where you're slow. I think you're gonna go to the left and then you go to the right site. No, be decisive, and if you're a decisive I will find you and that ball will be out and it will be right on point.
Speaker 2: It's what he said. What's the biggest misconception of him? You think the biggest misconception of Tom Brady? I think is that he's cool. Is that yeah, he is cool. No, I think that's the biggest misconception. He's not that cool.
Speaker 1: Depends. That's the misconception right there, because he's cool. When he's comfortable, he's cool. But no, if he's comfortable in the situation, I think.
Speaker 2: He's not cool when he's comfortable.
Speaker 3: I think when he's around us, he's kind of like a dork, yeah, a little bit, And then when to everyone else, he's the coolest guy, which I still think he's the coolest guy ever.
Speaker 2: But then when you have him around you, you're like, he's really kind of a dork.
Speaker 1: There's some situations where you know, if he's comfortable, he's more himself, yes, yes, and he's more like know like like d like if he knows all the cameras are shut off, like he can finally just have something to be Tom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's kind do okay, Okay, I like, but you need a little dork in in your your quarterback. You do.
Speaker 2: Mostly all quarterbacks are a little dorky.
Speaker 1: And that's what makes some quarterbacks, I mean, not all of them, but I'm saying it's kind of like just a trait what quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: Have, but a little bit, just a little bit in them. He is cool, but he's a little dorky. But you just said he's not cool. No, I said.
Speaker 5: The biggest misconceptions he always keeps a chip on his shoulder always always.
Speaker 2: That's workout. I think everyone knows work ethic. I know, but I'm just giving some facts about him. What else is a misconception? Mmm, that he's not clutch. No, that's that's not even a misconception. Everyone knows he's yeah, I just wanted to try to throw you off Jewels.
Speaker 3: How about this guy also played baseball and got drafted, Yeah, by the Expos Montreal.
Speaker 1: No wonder why he didn't go and play baseball the Expos. I mean they have a cool hat, they do, got cool colors. They're gone though they're not even there. No, So I mean that's why he didn't want to go there. He's like, oh man, my legacy. I go there, the team's going to be gone. That means I'm going to be gone. I want to last forever. I'll go to the New England Patriots instead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was in high school when he got drafted. He went to the same he went to the same time he was going to the Patriots. Yeah, he went to that. I remember, Well, we grew up in the same area. So he went to the same high school as Lynn Swan, Barry Bonds. There's like so many really good athletes to come out of that freaking school, Sarah, it's all boys school.
Speaker 2: What what was the moment that Tom made you the most annoyed?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, when I would return punts like I remember my rookie year. It was the freaking preseason game. It was my first punt return and there was a repunt and I ended up housing the second one, but the first one. I see Tom on the sideline and he's got a little anxiety because it's his first game from his knee. So he's like he was like coaching me up on how to return a punt. He's like, just get up there, just get up there. I'm sitting there and I'm looking at him, like, fuck this guy. This guy has never done this. He does not know what I'm feeling right now. I was so annoyed with him. And then they repunted it and I housed it and I fucking slammed the ball against the thing. I was fired up, and I was like, I was so annoyed with them, Like this guy is he's never felt what it feels that when the guys are running full and this is new to me. I never felt it either at the time, so I like, fuck this guy. Let me do what I gotta do. He doesn't not a run, and I was so annoyed with him.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you mine what was yours.
Speaker 1: When I was a rookie and I couldn't get outside of the defender on a flag route, which is flag rout, which is a corner route, so you run about ten twelve yards and you know, you give a little stick and you break it forty five degrees and run a corner route, and the defender was always outside of me, sitting at like squatting at ten yards, and he.
Speaker 2: Always says, get outside.
Speaker 1: If you have a flag route corner route, you gotta get outside of the defender or else I will never throw you the freaking ball. So I was a rookie. I was kind of like clunky. So I wasn't really that athletic as a rookie. You know, I wasn't running routside right yea Doubleday's And yeah, I was tired as well. I couldn't get outside, And in practice, I didn't get outside of the guy. He's like two three yards outside of me too, and I'm trying to fake him like I'm going inside and trying to get around him on the corner. And Brady just turns around in the meeting because it's on film, and he turns around. He goes, Gronk, I'm fucking done throwing you the ball. I told you fifty times to get outside you're not getting outside, and like I got all sad an algae. Crumpler started patting my leg and he's like, it's okay, Gronk, he doesn't mean it, and I was like, yeah he does, Alga. He said, man, he means it, and uh, let me tell you this time, you fucking throw me the ball like a thousand times after so I knew he was all bullshit.
Speaker 2: I'm telling me he was never gonna throw me the ball again.
Speaker 1: I was literally like, but that fired me up. I was like, all right, I'm going to show this guy. But that's the leadership he had. He was brutally honest, honest, and he would freaking get you to go to the next level, which was crazy, which was crazy. He was so good at it. But I was so annoyed because I couldn't get outside the guy. I'm like, I want to Big Tom, run the freaking route. I guarantee you can't get outside the guy either. He's three hours outside of me. And then if I got outside him, it was basically like an out route I was running because I would have to flatten it so much so I couldn't really run the corner round and the.
Speaker 3: Other responsibility to the other guy, but he just wanted to get a defender in practice, he's playing the play, yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Then and he knew the play, he just wanted to get the point across. Like, so it was just always in my memory, and every time I ran a route, it was kind of just like on autopilot, just to get outside of the defender. So I was annoyed at that, and you know, with that situation, but you know, times have change. I started running routes where I would go inside the guy and then he would still throw me the ball as well later on because he's like, all right, he proved, he.
Speaker 2: Proved it enough that you can do it well. Then you guys start throwing the back shoulder shit. Yeah, And then we started doing all that. Also.
Speaker 3: I also used to get really annoyed when in meeting rooms if he liked you, and I felt both of these. I felt when he liked the guy, he'd like he would like love them up. And then there would be so like when when Wes was there, I get so annoyed when I would do the exact same thing that Wes would do and he he wouldn't think it was good, and I would get so fucking annoyed with them. But I remember when wes left then I was that guy. There was guys doing trying to do that what I would do, and he wouldn't, So like I would get annoyed with that so much when he would always bring up, like, babe, just do it a little more like Wessey. He called him Wessey. When he called him Wessy. Remember Wessey, I used to get so annoyed.
Speaker 2: I know what.
Speaker 1: I would get annoyed with him too. It's like we're in the off season. We just ran fifty routes. It's like you and I out there, only we're dead tired. It's ninety degrees outside, middle of the summer. And he'd be like one more, just one more route because he's just throwing the ball. His arm can throw one hundred and fifty passes a day, and we're running the freaking fifty routes and he'd be one more.
Speaker 2: So then we would run, run more. We give it all. We're about to throw up. It's mid the summer. We probably are hungover.
Speaker 1: He has no clue what that's like because he used to He used to, yeah, and then he became lame. Yeah, he became lame for like a couple of years. No, he back in the day, I guess he wasn't lame. If you're saying he's not lame, he was lame, Okay, say it, Jules.
Speaker 2: You know he was lame.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like when he came, when he came to that, he was lame. But we didn't get him when he was young.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, he was already thirty three when I first met him. And then when thirty freaking lame at thirty three years old, complaint compared to when I was freaking twenty eight years old.
Speaker 3: You're right, because then he was twenty three twenty four. He was the there's you know, he was the best chugger on the team.
Speaker 2: He was like he was a dude's dude.
Speaker 1: So back to the story, like he'd be one more and then you would you would run one more route, and they'd be like one more and then you just be like, Tom, I'm not if and running one more. I just ran fifty routes, you know, one more, but one more you want to get better? One more And then it'd be like fifteen more routes and then finally it was.
Speaker 3: The last one and it was fifty and then you get to seventy five, He's like, he just wanted seventy five throws.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he wanted seven five throws. Whatever Tom says, you do, you got your son.
Speaker 3: I remember those days, man, This what made us great, though.
Speaker 1: What was the moment that, like, you felt like you truly gained his trust and that he could rely on you even if you mess up again.
Speaker 2: He knows that you're still reliable. You know what I'm saying. What was that moment? What was that catch? What was that play? If it was a practice or if it was left well, because he loved he loved you. You just were not playing when Wes was Okay, Jules, no, but you couldn't have Tom Brady's trust when you were when you were on. When West left, he didn't like a bunch of players, Okay, he didn't like it. It was when he left he had no one he had to trust me. You had all right, and then it was weak.
Speaker 3: It was Week one in thirteen where we played Buffalo and we went out there and we won.
Speaker 2: I had two touchdowns and.
Speaker 3: That's when I felt like, all right, because we had some we had some spurts where you know, West, would we get banged up and he wouldn't play. But he didn't like trust me, trust me until you had to be the guy, until you had to be the guy.
Speaker 2: Yes, and then he truly trusted you. And that's the situation. Though.
Speaker 1: He doesn't really trust a guy that you know, yeah, he's not able to throw too. He's got to see eighteen times practice, you know, he has to see it. He has to do repetitions with you in order to truly gain your trust. And it doesn't happen overnight. He gained to trust and you gain his trust as well, you know, just over time, over time. I would say my situation was when we played the Chicago Bears on the one on one panther route when I was going over in the snow, yeah, versus Brian or Lacker, and he wanted to game my trust. He wants to see me be physical. That's why he always emphasize me be fucking physical. Gronk yours two hundred and sixty pounds, you're going versus one hundred eighty pounders or linebackers that you're still bigger than.
Speaker 2: Be physical.
Speaker 1: And this was the play panther out, one out run, I run into the end zone kind of hit the guy with my shoulder and then turn around and the ball will be right there, because when you're physical, you know, pushes the guy back a little bit. When you use your shoulder, you turn around, then there's that little ounce of separation and Tom can see that. He can see the field. He can see all the separation.
Speaker 2: In the world. He's it, he sees it.
Speaker 1: He can see every little detail that's going out on the field. And when he sees that little detail on that route, you know, with the physicalitys he knows that you're gonna be open.
Speaker 2: There's gonna be a little window.
Speaker 1: I hit Brian Irlak and we practiced it in that Friday and he says, I want to see that in the game because I ran it great on Friday. So the game comes when I won VSUS Brian Laker, give him the shoulder, turn right around, the balls right there, nice and low where it's always supposed to be in the red zone.
Speaker 2: Boom, catch it.
Speaker 1: And ever since then I gained Tom Brady's trust right there and then on the spot, which was one of the greatest moments of my career.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember that is you know, he had to see it. That's what makes him he's a dog man. He's an assassin.
Speaker 2: He is an assassin.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite Tone memory.
Speaker 1: My favorite Tom memory is actually, this is one of my favorite memories of all time. You know, when we were playing the Indianapolis Colts and I ran that five yard out route, caught it versus Dee Kwyle Jackson. I did a little spin move, he kind of fell, did a little splait.
Speaker 2: It was like, very great route by me. Great after the catch too.
Speaker 1: And then I'm running, you know, going, There's a couple other guys and here comes Julian Adamman k Boom just absolutely levels atoms the safety, you know, gets him out of my way. I'm like, thanks Jules for the block, you know, and then I'm running into the end zone. I jump over Butler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dB, yeah, DBI.
Speaker 1: What's his first name again, Yeah, Darius Butler, who was previously on the on the Patriots and then he went to the Colts and now he's doing he's doing a great job in the media. Yeah, it was a McAfee show. He's doing a great job. So shout out to Darius Butler. But I jumped over his ass, made me look goods flipped into the end zone. I looked like an athletic one hundred and eighty pound wide receiver. And then this was the moment, one of my favorite moments with him. Tom loved the route, loved the catch, loved your block.
Speaker 2: He was so pumped up.
Speaker 1: He ran full speed from the thirty yard line and probably because I got him a touchdown on a play where it never should have been a touchdown. Yeah, And he came running full speed and jumped on my back and went for a ride.
Speaker 2: Man. He was. He was like a pony on a horse.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: I brought him for a ride.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I was carrying Tom Brady around in the freaking end zone.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 2: He was on my back.
Speaker 1: Put the pony on the horses. I was waiting for him to drop that quarter in so the rock can keep on going. Yes, I don't want him to get off. I was like, Tom Brady's on my back, Like like, what else do I need in my life?
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's one of my favorite pictures to sign to this day as well. I don't think he ever signed it. It costs like five billion dollars to get him to sign a picture. So like I always signed the picture on my back and like, I'm waiting for that picture to be worth a lot more money once he signs it. The couple, you know, but he hasn't signed it yet.
Speaker 2: Man, that was a fucking fun play. That was a fun play. Thank you for that block. Oh you level Adams. Adams, he's talking in the safety the battle he was with Denver Battle. He battled us a lot.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: He brought it. He brought it to and he wasn't scared. He was good. Yeah it is. There's a picture right there. Oh wait, he signed there it is. Man, he's going for a ride. I'm still waiting for those corners. Tom. Oh my gosh, there's Tim right right in the back too. We won the Super Bowl this year, didn't we? And we won a super Bowl this year? Yeah? Yeah, I think it was who Man was was a tight end as well in the two Tim Right and who Man? I love who Man? All right? What was your favorite memory, Jules?
Speaker 3: My favorite memory was when we it it kind of that fourteen when he uh.
Speaker 2: We hit that route.
Speaker 3: He came up to me afterwards and he and he goes, that was a championship route, man, and like it was nothing crazy, that's special. And he when he you know, he goes, that was a championship play man, and we didn't win the game.
Speaker 1: Make me want a toer right now because him saying, that's a championship route, that's a championship play That means a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then afterwards when he we won, you know, like that was his that was when he got four and I just remember, you know, there were so many memories of him, like you said, how he's having the ticker of the Super Bowl location and the whole story where I said, and I'm gonna help you try to get to Joe and because we were both Bay Area fans, love Joe Montana and I told me he was the greatest quarterback of all time. And you know that all that was just a fun memory. There's so many it's it's hard to fucking do one kind, all right. I mean, I'm gonna start crying.
Speaker 2: I know me too.
Speaker 1: There's there's a lot of memories with Tom. It's just great to see him. He's doing so good in the broadcasting booth. I mean, if he just puts in ten percent of the effort that he did with the game of football and his after career and his post career, after football.
Speaker 2: He's gonna have the whole world just which you know he is to eat from.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be successful and anything that he does, and that's what he's gonna do.
Speaker 2: He's actually gonna go one hundred all in with what he does.
Speaker 1: He's great in the booth, like I said, and he's been improving so much every single week and it just shows he is actually a human. I mean, Week one, he was good, he got the win, but he definitely could improve. And then all of a sudden Week two and three, you're like, what the heck? How did he just go from being like a rookie quarterback to a veteran quarterback in one week in the broadcast booth.
Speaker 2: So just shout out to him.
Speaker 1: I mean, he dedicates himself and he works on his craft like like no one ever has before. And that's what makes him, you know, the greatest, the greatest at ever.
Speaker 3: He cares about making the people look right that give him opportunity.
Speaker 2: He does that's he cares about that.
Speaker 1: He takes it to heart, and he cares about showing the people that has passed on him that they fucked up too. Yeah, he loves that to take that, So don't ever pass on Tom Brady.
Speaker 2: No, I won't.
Speaker 3: The only thing I'll pass on is that I was kind of a little hesitant when I said he was lame, But he was pretty lame except for when he wins a Super Bowl in Tampa Bay and he gets hammered on a damn boat, Like, where was.
Speaker 2: That fucking tome around us? That was bullshit?
Speaker 1: Like I was waiting for that the whole entire time in New England. That's why I went to Tampa Bay. I went there for that moment. I didn't really want to play football again. I just wanted that moment that I could actually get wasted with Tom. But guess what, he was on a separate boat than me. I didn't even see him at that boat, right, So guess what. I still never had a drink with Tom. It took me all the way until the Roast to have a drink with Tom Brady. And that's why it was in the roast.
Speaker 2: I said, Tom, I never had a shot with you ever in my life or a drink, and he took a shot with me at.
Speaker 1: The roast, So that was that was a cool moment. Yeah, well, I mean it's been thirty three minutes. How long can we talk about this guy? I think maybe we should have him on again for another.
Speaker 2: Episode because I got literally I can talk about this guy all day long.
Speaker 1: I could go literally two hours. The more we talk about him, the more stories that pop up in my head. Same, the more stories about him on the field, off the field, what it's like to be around him.
Speaker 2: We could talk literally for four hours straight. Jewels, what kind of dude is?
Speaker 1: Tell me what time of well? What type of dude is Tom Brady? Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: I think this is easy, freak, dog whiz. I think this is easy. Dude, Dude, I don't know what do you think? If it's easy, let's hear what. Let's sake.
Speaker 3: He's just a fucking dog. He is a dog, mental, physical, toughness, always motivated. He didn't have the pedigree he was he was. We saw the Brady six, of the the six guys before him taking in the draft, like he always had to go to long road.
Speaker 2: He always had to work for everything.
Speaker 3: Even when he was at his top, they were always talking about someone else.
Speaker 2: He's a fucking dog.
Speaker 1: I want to say free, because a freak is like someone that has like the most athletic ability in the world. And he didn't really have the most athletic ability. But what's made him so great was that he didn't need the athletic ability because the dog was working.
Speaker 2: Harder than the athletic dog.
Speaker 1: You know that wasn't the freak dog that really or the freaky person that wasn't really working.
Speaker 3: I think he's got you know what he's like like shooting, like basically like it's kind of like an archer freaking instincts. He could throw, He can like throw rocks really good. He can probably skip a rock really really really. He got a pool yeah, like king pong, king pomp when I.
Speaker 1: I you always beat him. Never mind, he's not good poles. Yeah, he gets really mad when he loves.
Speaker 2: That's a dog. That is a dog. That's a dog. He wants to want to go again, though, wants to go go. He won't wants to go again. Won't let you fucking leave.
Speaker 1: I mean, we haven't even got to this guy's looks yet either. I mean we can just say that he's a stud real quick, just because of how good he looks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he looks younger than when he got in the NFL, Like his chins jawline, freaking his beautiful blue eyes.
Speaker 1: I posted a picture of that day on Instagram. Like he's got like a six pack now, like his arms are jacked, Like I.
Speaker 2: Mean, he's doing two days. He is doing to day. He's doing two days right now. He's got his body.
Speaker 3: He's still so that's why maybe A I was fucking right, he's maybe coming back.
Speaker 2: Ai is is Tom Brady coming back? I don't know.
Speaker 3: He got six pack, he got a little His hair is looking as brown as ever.
Speaker 2: He gave me this supplement that he saw.
Speaker 3: My great hair and he goes, babe here and he's taking this fucking oisha. I think it's like uisha ou or something in some Chinese medicine and you put it.
Speaker 2: In the shake and hair is already growing. It is my hair darker. That's why I don't have a hat show. I wanted to show off my hair because I've got we shall product. It's like, I don't know how to pronounce she oh oshi, I got hair. I don't whatever it is. Look at how good his hair looks. He's just good looking guy. Man. He's a dog, all right, He's a dog. He is a dog. It's official. Tom Brady is a dog man.
Speaker 3: We can talk about him forever. We'll be right back after this quick break, but before we wrap up our show, we want to help the listeners better understand the types of dudes they are. We're gonna do this by classifying some of your favorite celebrities, stud freak, whiz dog and dude's dude, celebrity dudes. Let's let's go through it the lists, all right, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Adam Sandler, Oh, Adam Sandler, He's a dude's dude, dude, the guys playing basketball. He has all his friends and all his movies. I mean, he has his own production with all his friends as well. I mean the guys a dude's dude. I just feel like that's an easy one.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've hung out with him a few times and he's like just a fucking good dude. He's a dude's dude, Like the guy he plays in the movies is really who he is.
Speaker 1: And he's a good dude as well because he brings out the best of dudes. While us dudes are watching his films, watching him act, watching him perform, it brings the best out of you.
Speaker 2: It's like, man, I want to be like this guy and he takes he takes care of all his dudes. He does. He takes care of them all like all his other comedian like. He takes care of his dudes. He's all about that. He's a dude, all about that.
Speaker 1: He's a dude's dude and he's one of the best dudes dudes as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, what about Shane Gillis. Shane Gillis, he's in the dude's dude category as well.
Speaker 2: To me, Yes, I feel like he is.
Speaker 1: It's a guy that you would just go out and just pum a whole thirty pack with. He's still knights I used to buy in college. That's why I was able to afford those thirty packs. I was buying Keystone lights by the way. Yeah, there was like nine ninety nine for a thirty pack. Yeah, he and he would he would drink every Keystone with.
Speaker 2: Hey what and you be on your like second one and be like, what happened to the thirty pack? And oh yeah, he's I've I've done that.
Speaker 3: We hung out at the cellar once and he was such a cool dude. We talked ball, we talked shop for hours. What's his new show name called tires On on Netflix is killing it. And I love that story. His story about that is where he self made it himself and then he sold it to Netflix like he believed in his own product, which very entrepreneurial.
Speaker 2: I liked it. Another dude, dude, dude, another dude's dude. What about Taylor Swift? Taylor Swift?
Speaker 1: I mean I would say, Oh, she's a whiz in a way because to come up, you know, to memorize.
Speaker 6: All those songs, revolutionary, to write your own songs, to memorize them, to perform them, perform a I mean, you gotta be smart.
Speaker 2: You gotta be on top of your game. She's also a stud. She's just stud.
Speaker 1: I mean to perform that many, you know, concerts all over the world, week in, week out, three shows and three days at Jillette.
Speaker 2: Stadium, you gotta be a stud. Dude.
Speaker 3: She's I just keep on hearing about how many billions all her toys. Like does she just tour year round? I mean she's doing Europe tours, She's doing these like she's a stud.
Speaker 2: But she is a whiz. I think, do you think wiz? I think wiz. She's a whiz. What snoop snoop DOGG. Snoop snoop DOGG, snoop dog You're right, he's a fucking dog, snoop double oh geh.
Speaker 1: You want to know what was really cool, like really really cool, is that Snoop dog sent me up package, Like he saw that I had a dog and his name's Ralphie is a French bulldog and he's like the coolest French bulldog ever.
Speaker 2: He was actually here. He played with the dog for a while. They were best friends. We didn't even see him. Usually my dog has to be by my side and like, what am I doing.
Speaker 1: Around Ralphie? Rocky and Ralphie. That should be a show. They were running out back and they didn't even care about us. It was the first time, like Ralphie has never even cared about me. I was like, wow, this is so cool. Actually best friend. The two dudes running around being out there, dudes, dudes being dudes, just running around dog dudes.
Speaker 2: But Snoop DOGG.
Speaker 1: He sent a package to Ralphie and it was an outfit that you like put on your dog, and it was Ralphie smoking a jay Like it was the coolest outfit I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: In my life. And then I sent it to Snoop.
Speaker 1: Dogg in a DM because I DM Snoop dog before one at a time, so I was like, oh, maybe he'll answer this one. And he answered within fifteen like minutes, and it was like, yo, bro, that's like that's dope. And he sent back a video about it, and it was just such a cool moment. And he's just a dog man. He's a great person as well. He's a dude's dude for sure, but obviously he's a dog. Obviously he's a dog. But that was one of the coolest stories of her is when he sent my dog a packet.
Speaker 2: We got a relationship.
Speaker 3: We probably became close to him because he used to do our our Super Bowl parties and he was just always a cool ass dude.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: He just but you can tell, like in his profession, like he's he talks like a poet, Like whenever he talks, like he can make like it tell him like he's writing a poem right there, Like with like ed Iman, he's so fresh, Like I'm like, what the I want to dam I want to.
Speaker 2: Crip walk this shit. What he's saying right now, it's crazy. He's a dog. He's a dog, yes, man, Yes, he's a dog. What about Matthew McConaughey.
Speaker 1: Well, first off, shout out to Matthew McConaughey. I'm actually currently reading his book Green Lights. I started a year ago. It's about two hundred and eighty pages, and I was on a roll. I'm actually at page one fifty four. I thought I was going to finish the book.
Speaker 2: And then all of a sudden, I put it away, and then I hit.
Speaker 1: The road again, and I didn't read again for like another three months. And then three months later, I'm like, oh shit, I still got the book in my backpack. I whip it out and I start reading again. It's one of the best books I've ever half finished so far. I mean, I haven't really finished that many books, but whenever I have downtime i'm on the road and on bored, I whip it out.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: And he has unbelievable stories how he made it, how he first started, how he got his opportunity, and just being an absolute dude's dude and dog in that movie Days and Confused.
Speaker 2: Yeah, alright, alright, alright. Why do I love high school girls? Because as I get older, they stayed the same marriage. Yeah, and let me tell you, I never even seen the movie. Read that part in the book, freaking I'm on a flight see days and confused? On the flight? What do I do? Whoop? Days and confused? And the part exactly how he described it in the in the book exactly happened in the movie. And I was like, this guy is the man. He's a stud. He's a stud. He's just stud.
Speaker 1: He has big, big Texas Longhorn fan, loves the game of football.
Speaker 2: Loves football.
Speaker 3: He just seems like I mean, he hits a lot of these, but also like he got an oscar, right, he got an oscar for that?
Speaker 2: Which one was it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: The Dallas Buyers Club, they about aids, the AIDS guy, and what what makes some He got range because he can play like the Lincoln lawyer. He can play like a true detective. He could play you know, a guy with AIDS. He could play with like the funny laid back dude.
Speaker 2: On Days and confused. Like he's got fucking rage. This guy, he's done. He got to read his book. I'm telling you, Julius, it's a great freaking book. It's so freaking good.
Speaker 1: I'm only halfway finished, and I'm still I'm I always talk about everyone.
Speaker 2: I got to finish his book.
Speaker 3: I will, but you just motivated me. Now I gotta start fucking reading out Rob. I'm telling you, since we started doing this show, I'm like, man, the way Rob is makes me want to be a better human.
Speaker 2: Like he may only half read a book in over two years. Still it's better than not reading it at all. Ye're right, you know what I mean? Yeah, yeah, I love Matthew McConaughey. We need him on the show one time. I know I have his audio I bought his audio book. I was listening to it too. I can't read. I get tired when I read.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why they say read before bed. I'm just going to sleep in a rim just twenty minutes before bed. I'm gonna read tonight. Now, I'm gonna read tonight. I'm gonna I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna read it. I'm gonna children's books and my daughter.
Speaker 1: I'm going to read a couple more pages in the green lights, all right. I love children's books.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. I got a lot of pictures, Juels, A lot of pictures, save me, a lot of pictures. I'm good at pictures. I'm good at visual is visualization same. That's why I listened to him. I listened to books. That's why I was terrible in meetings, but I was so great in walkthroughs.
Speaker 3: You put them through it, everyone learns a little differently I do. And that's been another episode of Dudes with dudes. We talk about our dudes, how they learn, how we learn their favorite dudes, our favorite dudes.
Speaker 2: And it's not just dudes, it's all dudes. And these dudes, you know, kind of turned me up. Man. We just had a great episode.
Speaker 1: We had Patrick Mahomes, the best quarterback playing in the NFL currently, Tom Brady, our favorite teammate of all times, also the best quarterback in the history of the NFL, and another legend, Fred Warner, who is currently in the middle of his career, one of the most athletic linebackers of all times. Just stud absolute studs. So what a show we had. Julianne, thank you for letting me be here today because without you I would not be here.
Speaker 3: Well, it's your house too, dog mind that house mean not a house, student, not house.
Speaker 2: But what can we do to be better next episode?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Probably nothing. We were just so good.
Speaker 1: Maybe we could read more books so like our what is it? Vocabulary is better, Our imagination's better. Reading helps you, you know, expand your your brain, your brain, expand your.
Speaker 2: Thoughts, thoughts. Thank you you finishing my sentences. That's what you can think for me. That's that's how much you know me. I know pretty goddamn well. And you know what I also know.
Speaker 3: I also know you guys need to subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts. Comment a dude you want us to do, rate and review. Remember to follow dudes on dudes on YouTube, Instagram, x TikTok, and snapchat.
Speaker 2: We will see you all next week's I was Going, I was Gon the incident understand