Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Carol Masser along with Tim Steadoveeco on it gets Lost occasionally. Let's get to some stocks on the move today. Bloomberg News Equities reporter Carmen Roynekey, who never gets lost, always on it, always on it, Big store today. It's something that's definitely taken up a lot of our brain time today, and that is the energy sector.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we're seeing some you know, winners and losers emerge. So I'm looking at shares of Constellation Energy ticker CEG and ge Vernova GeV. So Constellation is down almost twelve percent right now. This is the worst intra day drop since April fourth, so you know, in the midst of Liberation Day tariff sell off. Gevnova on the flip side is up more than six percent. So basically this is who traders are picking as winners and losers from the emergency wholesale electricity auction. So that would require technology companies to pay for power. So an analyst said, gie Vernova is the clearest winner from these plans, as PGM transmission and distribution companies will have less pressure on bills and potential regulated distribution.
Speaker 3: I would say TVD, this is tricky and none of this stuff's going to happen overnight.
Speaker 1: That's that's exactly where auction hasn't happened. It doesn't take to How long.
Speaker 5: Does it take to get your hands on one of these gas turbines from g Vernova.
Speaker 3: I mean, this one's been on fire for a while to this company because there has been demanded generally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, good stuff, good stuff. We like that. Take us to Draft Kings and Flutter Entertainment.
Speaker 4: So shares of both Draft Kings dk n G and Flutter Entertainment f l UT, which owns fan Duel, are down today, both more than five percent. So new state data from New York suggested that they might be losing ground to competing products from prediction markets. So this is you know, calshy poly market. They obviously have a lot of stuff around financial contracts tied to the outcome of sports game. So it's just another way that people can be betting on this.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks to you guys in Bloomberg News, right, we've talked a lot about how the gambling right and the sports gaming side of the prediction markets.
Speaker 1: That's a big part of their business, even.
Speaker 5: Robin Hood's prediction markets, Like you can buy stocks and do prediction markets on Robinhood too. I mean, the stuff's happening everywhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah, totally all.
Speaker 1: Right, so interesting stuff.
Speaker 3: This is a story that again TBD Fanny Freddy what might be their ultimate outcome here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we're seeing big sell offs in both stocks. So Fanny is down five days in a row, Freddy is down seven days in a row. So basically what's happening.
Speaker 1: Is Fanning down nine and a half percent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, big drop today. They're sort of mounting unease out the impact of Trump's policy moves, especially on the effort for these companies to IPO. So they've been in government control since the financial crisis, and some optimism that lifted the stock last year was this idea of an IPO and so now with you know, efforts to release mortgage finance giants, you know, from the government control, people are just feeling a little bit unsure if that's really going to happen or what might you know come next Listen.
Speaker 1: This has been I feel like a difficult history.
Speaker 3: Right these quasi publicly traded entities, then not and then what do you do with them? But I don't know. I don't know if you continue to make them as publicly traded entities, I don't know how that kind of gets in the way of what their their mission is, right, if the focus is on profitability and everything else is a public I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just think it's tricky, So.
Speaker 2: Definitely the Stock Mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.