Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is nick shot streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now. Here are Bill Jones, Everson Walls, and Nicky Spagnola.
Speaker 3: Well, we came this close, Everson to having shots without the Mick. He walked in here literally seconds before we went on the air here inside the SWBC podcast studio on a Thursday, here at the Star in Frisco, Bill Jones, Everson Walls, and the reason Mickey Spagnola strolled in so late is this is open practice right now. I was fifteen minutes is closing.
Speaker 4: Looking down there, and I was like, I want through Spags is down there. I looked for the smallest person on the practice.
Speaker 5: Field, Well, that would have been Deuce Vaughn.
Speaker 6: Look for the smallest white person.
Speaker 3: Mickey Towers over That's right, Sawan.
Speaker 5: And and Turpin was out there catching punts.
Speaker 3: We didn't, you know, and we didn't even mention Cavante.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 3: Could you get to be out there catching punts there? Mickey, Mickey would be the kicker, he'd be the garyl your premian out there, right, of course he would. You've ever been confused with GARYL.
Speaker 5: Mackey?
Speaker 3: No, I don't believe, Well what you see either me or my leg I saw I saw, or you're throwing armor in the Super Bowl. No, I think you would be confused with.
Speaker 5: Him in the site I could. Do you have that.
Speaker 3: Same throwing motion? Yes, football players on football field despite some overcast skies out here today. It got very dark here an hour or two ago, and I was wondering, Oh, they may have to take this inside, you know, there they are.
Speaker 7: What reminded me of what time it was is a couple of rain drops came down and I was going.
Speaker 5: Probably time to go in. And I looked at my watch and it was twelve oh one, and I said, it is time to go.
Speaker 3: It's pastime to go.
Speaker 5: Say, look, there's a rain drop right on my watch there.
Speaker 3: All right? So so what did you see out there?
Speaker 5: I saw Brandon Cooks.
Speaker 3: That's a that's a big concern right now.
Speaker 7: And he was not practicing and he's with uh, he's with Britt, And who's Britt?
Speaker 5: Britt Brown?
Speaker 7: The Cowboys rehabbed director and he started doing some isometric type things with bands around his knees. But all I know is that from my experience when I sprained my MCL, I couldn't.
Speaker 5: Do those things you've.
Speaker 6: Done it all. I've heard a lot of almost.
Speaker 3: Every is farther along than you.
Speaker 5: Yes, like the first three year.
Speaker 7: For three days removed? What three days removed from the game, four days removed? Yeah, he was he was kind of doing. Now a lot of what he was doing was forward and backwards. The problem with the MCL is cutting sideways. So we'll see where that one goes. You know, it sounds like he might have a chance, but then I think you have to ask yourself is it worth the risk? At this point when he heard it it was in the game.
Speaker 6: Yeah they weren't.
Speaker 7: McCarthy wasn't sure just you know, exactly the play or whatever.
Speaker 5: But it was during the game, so.
Speaker 7: Uh, And it sounds like it's a low grade sprained MCL. So we'll see where that one goes. Tyler Smith is out there still on the chords with brit so it doesn't look good for him at this point.
Speaker 5: If he's I mean, this is the only padded practice of the week.
Speaker 7: You you would not like those guys to at least get one in before you send him back out there.
Speaker 5: Who else?
Speaker 7: Donovan Wilson was in pads for the first time since the first practice in pads in training camp.
Speaker 3: Didn't he get hurt? He got hurt the first day of practice.
Speaker 5: I think it was.
Speaker 7: Was it the first day or I think it was before the pads first days? Okay, yeah, so he's he's two weeks away. You know, everybody's like, well, yeah, he's close, going to be out there. Well, he was out there in pads, went through you know, the warm up period, and then went over and did chords with Britain. I think he was going to do some individual stuff now, but he has to go through ramp up.
Speaker 3: If if they thought all along he was still two weeks away, that would be now four weeks week four, week five. You are you saying, if he's two weeks away, we're a week two right now.
Speaker 7: I'm thinking this week and then next week maybe he plays.
Speaker 3: Uh next week is Arizona and then the next week is New England maybe.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 3: So that's why you would not have put him on I R to say.
Speaker 7: You wanted him engaged with the team, right, because when you're an I are he was close enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, close enough that you didn't.
Speaker 7: The same thing with Jordan Lewis right. You know, he may be ready this week. But my question is, Okay, if he's ready, then who's sitting? Because somebody's got to sit.
Speaker 3: They've got a pleasant problem. It's not even a problem. They got a pleasant situation at in the secondary with the guys that are capable of playing, as we saw the other day at the safety position with one and Marky's can't lie backer, but you know he's a hybrid guy. Right. And then with the way Drawn Bland plays in the slot.
Speaker 5: I mean Les is ready to go. Does Doran Bland become a backup? I don't think.
Speaker 6: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: No, I think it would be. And they, you know, they were rotating guys in all across the board outside of the you know, the outside court.
Speaker 6: I think they worry about whose starts, do.
Speaker 3: They, because they it depends so much on.
Speaker 7: That team comes out and the position, because, I mean, the reason they all give a chance to play, the reason they they they brought in and kept him active Igbinogeny was he's an outside guy because they really didn't have another backup inside because Na Shawn Wright and now he's starting to move better out there along with well let's go too.
Speaker 5: I saw, I noticed he was.
Speaker 7: The things he was doing was like he's getting closer to being ready to go.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so you so technically, if you're looking at starters in the game against the Giants, Michael Parsons started at right defensive end. That's where he lined up on the first play of the game. If you're talking about first play of the game, those are your starters. Or you could say that one way Thomas started.
Speaker 7: To They went with a three man line, and he was, but they had to Mont Clark and Layton Vanders out there right at linebacker.
Speaker 3: Two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean back to wide receiver. We're not panicking about that either.
Speaker 7: We Well, I mean as long as Tolbert the group, Tolbert great camp, right, yeah, so but he sort of had a good camp at early last year until the lights camp.
Speaker 4: So I'm serious, I see it. That's why I laugh at it, because I don't think he's going to be that two times.
Speaker 6: In a row, right, I think you know he's ready, He's ready for this.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And then you got turping and you can activate Brooks if Cooks can't go to help with turping.
Speaker 5: I mean with Joel.
Speaker 4: Brooks is the seventh What what gives what gives me pause is you know we include in the passing game the tight ends as well, right, and if they're not in tune the way they were the last game against.
Speaker 5: The Giants, I think that was an aberration.
Speaker 7: And I'm hoping that because they blow locked really well, by the way, which was an improvement over last year.
Speaker 5: They did a really good job.
Speaker 7: So I had leading the way, yes, And I hadn't seen them drop passes like that in training care so that it was just kind of where I think it might have been, right because I was I was talking with Brandon Aubrey and and I was like, so you really never played before that many people before, did you?
Speaker 5: And he goes, not really he goes, but he goes.
Speaker 7: The noise he goes, you tune it out. It's there, but you hear it, but you don't hear.
Speaker 3: It, right, kind of like doing mix shots. That's right, think of the.
Speaker 8: Coullions, right, And we don't even totally every day, so he speaks like this even when he's not.
Speaker 3: Honey, I was trying to give him.
Speaker 5: I was trying.
Speaker 6: I was trying.
Speaker 7: I was trying to give him an missed extra point, right, and uh.
Speaker 5: He goes, No, that that none of that bothered me. And he goes and you.
Speaker 3: Know, bothered him. Was sitting there waiting.
Speaker 5: Waiting forever.
Speaker 7: And I can't remember he knew how many seconds it was like when he went out there and they had to rush out there, right because they scored and you weren't expecting it. And uh, he said, it was like fifteen eighteen seconds before finally he had.
Speaker 5: Already stepped off spotted the ball.
Speaker 4: At that point. It's not about the external noise. Yeah, it was a noise in his head, right his head.
Speaker 5: And he said, there he's waiting and waiting and he was lined.
Speaker 3: Up, and I went I went back and looked at it on the coaches film. Yeah, he was standing in the same spot waiting to kick and right right, Well, but what happened? I think, what happened? I have to go back and look again. But it was like there was some adjustment made in the line he needed to step away.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you know what, and that's what he learned in training camp. That one day he had a bad day and it was the only day he had a bad day. They were alternating kicks and he was standing right there, and as soon as it was his turn, he would go and take it steps and then he realized there's going to be a delay because they're going to tell the defense of the rush what to do, and so he learned to walk back ten yards and just kind of stand back there and kind of survey things instead of it's.
Speaker 3: The same thing that Why ever, since you were a ninety free throw shooter in basketball, you knew to.
Speaker 6: Do all that stuff on the different sidelines. Then you step up.
Speaker 5: Our Why guys step out of the batter's box.
Speaker 6: Right out there?
Speaker 9: Now, Yeah, you only got ten seconds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, that's.
Speaker 6: Right, all right.
Speaker 3: Anything else you notice out there on the field.
Speaker 5: No, I think that was it. I gave you Cooks.
Speaker 7: Tyler, Yeah, doga. They seemed to be happy with how he played at guard, even though you know he missed all that time in training camp.
Speaker 5: And he was playing tackle, playing tackle, right, So.
Speaker 3: It's a big game for This will be a big one for him, and not only because he's going up against Quinn Williams, who had twelve and a half sacks last year for the Jets. But also he was drafted by the Jets. He was a third round draft pick.
Speaker 5: Oh, is that where he started?
Speaker 3: He started? In fact, he started eight games his rookie year with the New York Jets. Okay, I guess he was injured. And so he's gone up against Quinn Willis. Quinn Williams was I have to get it out. But he came to the Jets the next year, I think.
Speaker 5: And he would still.
Speaker 3: And so he practiced against Quentin Williams a couple of years in New York with the Jets, so he's gone up against him before.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they got a bunch of guys to go up against.
Speaker 7: And you know, McCarthy actually talked about it, saying, you know, talking about their defense and feels like it's improved, but they're getting ready to find.
Speaker 3: Out just you're talking about the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: The Cowboys run defense.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I'm very curious about how we come right against these guys because they know they're going to run the ball. Sure, they have to run the ball, and they ran it well last game. And so think about this.
Speaker 7: They rushed The Jets rushed for more yards than the Giants gained in the entire game.
Speaker 5: It was one seventy two to one seventy one.
Speaker 3: So and they got eighty three three saw in eighty three yards on one play.
Speaker 5: That helps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they've got with Bryce Hall and Dalvin Cook. I mean, they won the Dalvin Cook sweepstakes because with Aaron Rodgers they were super Bowl ready and that was part of putting their super Bowl team together.
Speaker 6: Well, what they're going to say something else?
Speaker 7: Dalvin Cooked that question. It's like, did you come here to play with Karon?
Speaker 5: I think the answer was yeah. I think the answer was yes.
Speaker 3: By the way, Tuma Edoga was in the same draft class with Quinn Williams. Williams was the third pick overall UH in twenty nineteen and Adoga was a third round pick, number ninety two overall. Okay, so it's like, these guys come in here just think. Okay, let's say Adoga was a third round pick of the Cowboys in twenty nineteen instead, and so we would have we would Tuma Edoga would be a household name in Dallas. Four years they take that guy, right, Yeah, none anything yet, Well, now here's his opportunity.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we we find out.
Speaker 3: So on Mixed Shots on New York Jets dot Com. There's they're starting Tuma Edoga at guard. Oh really, I mean they're they're looking at it like that we could take advantage of.
Speaker 5: This, or they're looking at it as did the Jets screw up. This guy is good enough try for the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: We gave up on him as far as the offensive line goes overall. I mean, you go look at Zach Martin in this game and in any game the last ten years. He looks the same. But I mean, it's just a pleasure to watch Zach Martin play this game. And did the Mike McCarthy show this morning and asked him about him, and you know, he's just raving about the hand placement and everything about what he uh so fundamentally sound and everything he does. It's really fun to watch him. And because he was going up against Dexter Lawrence last week and it will up something against Quentin Williams this week, you feel pretty good when you get off the bus and you got Zack Martin striding alongside you.
Speaker 6: Who's his matchup this week?
Speaker 3: Well, Quinn Williams would be one of those interior guys and on his side, well they move yeah. Yeah, So then now he may more likely be on chewmate Doga's side right to take advantage and not go up against the Hall of Famer.
Speaker 7: But the other inside guy, forget his name.
Speaker 4: If we if we have, if we show up as to run to Zach to Martin side, then uh.
Speaker 6: Williams is going to have to come to that side. Yeah, he would be forced to come to that side, don't you think?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 6: Did we have a steady notion of that?
Speaker 3: Their other inside guy, John Franklin Myers. That's the other guy who actually is from Greenville, Texas, Steven Fall. They have two Steven F. Austin players on the John Franklin return guy Xavier Gibson. They picked up in free agency Quentin Jefferson as well. He wears number seventy for them and he had five and a half sacks last year for Seattle. Ed Al Woods is another guy that they have in their rotation who they also picked up from Seattle. You know Robert Salley, their coach. It's interesting where was Robert Sally. He's forty four years old now head coach of the Jets, going into his third year, and prior to that, of course, he was for four years the defensive coordinator with the forty nine ers. Right, where was he ten years ago?
Speaker 5: A year You'll have to tell me with.
Speaker 3: Seattle defensive quality control coach under Dan Quinn with Seattle when Seattle won the Super Bowl in twenty thirteen. How about that.
Speaker 5: Everybody's got to start somewhere.
Speaker 6: And he was thirty four years that's good to start with the best.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, So that's pretty interesting, I mean, and you can see be interesting to hear what dan Quinn if he saw head coaching material in Robert Salle when he was under him in Seattle ten years ago. All right, we're just getting started here on this edition of Mixed Shots. So much to get to. As we get you're ready for the Cowboys and the Jets on Sunday afternoon at AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 2: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And they snapped us rush guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped, flapped.
Speaker 6: He'll love full funk style. Just like football.
Speaker 2: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 3: Rush Scoft's gonna run Thish in show, run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 2: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 10: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 11: That's what I like.
Speaker 12: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valorine combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 13: Cowboys Football and Miller Lyte What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday mornings Swag Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Lite and the Creek, America's team playing America's Greatest school. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three miliber Own Company, Demitt.
Speaker 7: Shuts Kposts, Roofing and water Proofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys. And I think we got an officials fan club.
Speaker 5: They're just coming through and more and more and more.
Speaker 3: Everson waving at all this fans as they make their way.
Speaker 6: Fans.
Speaker 3: This is Everson Walls, Ladies and gentlemen, Everson Walls.
Speaker 5: I think they can scream where they're from out for Memphis.
Speaker 6: Can they hear us?
Speaker 5: Los Angeles? All right?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 3: Los Angeles? L A Cowboy fan.
Speaker 5: It's a bus load, by the way, that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know the if you've ever had the made the tour of the Star our podcast studio located right behind the mannequins with all the different uniforms the Cowboys have worn through the years. Is there twenty four out there? And what's the deal?
Speaker 6: Not one? That's okay, it's a few numbers that aren't out there that should be.
Speaker 3: But okay, I was Actually there was another tour coming through about thirty minutes ago, and you know, there is a thirty three out there, and okay, who's thirty three? Well that's what the tour guide said. Okay, that was asking, okay, who is number thirty three, And one of the guys there said Dwayne Thomas.
Speaker 11: Well that's okay exactly okay.
Speaker 3: So yeah, after they got finished, I said, I said, you know what, that's a great answer right there, because I had forgotten.
Speaker 7: It might have been the uniform from back in the early seventies, I said, I said, I.
Speaker 3: Had forgotten that Dwayne Thomas was number thirty three. So then I told him the story of Dwayne Thomas and the Cowboys first Super Bowl win, and one of them said, yeah, he didn't talk to Tom Landre all season. I said, no, he not only didn't talk to Tom Landry, he didn't talk he didn't talk to his teammates. He didn't talk to anybody all season. And so the memorable thing is from that that post game locker room scene. And I think CBS had the game because Tom Brookshire was doing the interview, which was Thomas after the game, and so everybody was wondering, okay, wow. I think I think Jim Brown was next to him, but anyway.
Speaker 6: I think he was I thank you because it was like spokesperson, Uh huh.
Speaker 3: That's right. And so anyway, they okay, he's going to do an interview. He was like the star of even though he didn't win the MVP, he was the star of the game.
Speaker 5: And then they asked the wrong question.
Speaker 3: And then Brookshire asked him something about his running style the and and Dwayne Thomas responded with one word, evidently that was it. That was the interview.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry. So then I really enjoyed his interview.
Speaker 3: It must have been.
Speaker 5: Maybe five years ago, six years ago they had him.
Speaker 7: He was living in LA and they brought him into training camp needed they were going to do an interview with him on whatever something.
Speaker 4: Then they have an avocado farm or something maybe.
Speaker 7: But he got there and he said, well, where are you going to put me up? And they were like, oh, we didn't know you were staying, and he goes yeah, and so they put him on John Ingham's couch.
Speaker 5: I believe it was right, and he he worked in the.
Speaker 3: TV producer.
Speaker 7: And three days later they finally had to say something to him.
Speaker 6: He didn't want to leave.
Speaker 5: He wanted to stay and talk to everybody I was.
Speaker 3: I think I was working in San Antonio at the time, and this was about this would have been about fifteen years after that Super Bowl season. Fifteen seventeen years later, Dwayne Thomas came to the TV station and he was selling something. I don't know. He was the spokesperson for some company. I couldn't get him to shut up something talking. That's right, yeah.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: Pat summer All also told a great story from that locker room scene that postgame the Cowboys first Super Bowl win. He was interviewing I think he was interviewing Roger Staubach and the crazy thing that was going on. It was in a cramped locker room. I believe it's in New Orleans. I think they're playing the Dolphins. I believe it was in New Orleans. But anyways, a cramped locker room and there's media all over the place. Well, there was a member of the media who had fallen and he had actually broken his arm, and he was laying in pain at Stobach's feet as some aer all is doing the interview on national television with him. I mean, the stories behind the scene incredible. Yeah. So that's when Summer All remembered and they held their own. They kept doing their interview even though this guy was writhing in pain.
Speaker 4: Like Matthew after their win in Los Angeles and one guy fell off the stage, yeah right, and Matthew like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we saw that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, man, I'll see you later. I gotta go.
Speaker 5: Hope you're good.
Speaker 6: It was it was like Jayla, you know, Jaylen Hurts.
Speaker 4: He you know, went over when the guys when the people fell out of the stands in Philadelphia. He goes over and helps pick them up and take pictures and everything. Matthew's like, oh, right.
Speaker 3: By the way, okay, Stafford is back. I watched a little bit of that game. The most shocking result I thought from week one was the Rams going to Seattle and beating the Seahawks. Not that the Seahawks are that great, is that I didn't think the Rams. You look at the Rams roster without Cooper Cup, you're thinking, there's no way that. The only games that I had the Rams winning this year when when they matched up against the Cardinals, maybe somebody's got to win. I guess they could tie. But the Rams look good and Stafford looks like he's healthy again.
Speaker 6: Three hundred plus yards pay Yeah he didn't.
Speaker 3: I don't think he had a touchdown pass, but he really looks like he's healthy again and throwing the ball. Well, were you looking up.
Speaker 5: There making I was just looking.
Speaker 7: I wanted to see how close Arizona came with their score.
Speaker 4: The first week they were in the game, Arizona lost to Washington twenty to six.
Speaker 3: Against they were up sack Sam Hawe I think six times, you know. And they've got Gannon as their new head coach. And here's the thing. It's interesting, And of course we've got Arizona next week. Arizona starting with Washington. They have the Giants this week and now the Cowboys next Weekrancist Jonathan Gannon, who was a defensive coordinator with the Eagles. Couldn't have asked for three better opponents for him to start against. Start his head coaching era against then three teams they played against twice every season when he was in Philadelphia.
Speaker 7: So but then he's got San Francisco, Cincinnati, Rams, Seattle, Baltimore.
Speaker 6: Oh my lord, they have a Super Bowl winning schedule.
Speaker 5: Cleveland, Atlanta, Houston. Okay, they get to Nam a little bit.
Speaker 3: That's after Kyler. So Kyler is out the first through that top stretch, and then he'll come back on the back.
Speaker 5: Right on the back end, on the easy part.
Speaker 3: And in fact, we've got football tonight. We've got the Eagles and action against the Vikings tonight.
Speaker 5: So what streaming service is it on?
Speaker 3: That would be the usual. You're gonna have to Amazon. Frime, I think I got that.
Speaker 4: Did I tell you all about my Dallas Cowboy game watching experience?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: I was in Baton Roode and they are having issues with negotiations.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, which is now clear.
Speaker 5: It was NBC NBC there, Oh yeah.
Speaker 6: And so NBC and so you had to sign on the peacock. It was horrible.
Speaker 4: It delayed almost every play. I had to go to my play by play on my.
Speaker 5: App to force that far behind, that far.
Speaker 4: Well not just that far behind. They would freeze all the time. You had to rewind and re enter.
Speaker 3: And that sounds like a Wi Fi issue.
Speaker 4: But I tell you what came through well, no, no, I was at a person's house. What came through, Well, the commercials.
Speaker 6: They never went through. As soon as they came back to live play, Wow, I got it.
Speaker 4: There's Dack. You know he's frozen. He's there and I gotta go back and like, wow, this.
Speaker 6: Is the worst.
Speaker 3: Okay, hey, we've got audio this just in.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Producer Supreme Chris Beam has Dwayne Thomas at the Super Bowl over fifty years ago. Take a listener.
Speaker 11: My name is Tom brookshat and it's nad to talk to.
Speaker 3: You and behind you as a fellow used to run over me for a.
Speaker 11: Living A great Jimmy Brown.
Speaker 3: Doing h You do things in quip.
Speaker 6: Speed, but you never hurry.
Speaker 10: I like the great jim Brown.
Speaker 3: We never hurry into the hole.
Speaker 6: You take your time they could spend and you still have running people.
Speaker 12: Are you that fast?
Speaker 7: Are you that that quick to the same?
Speaker 3: That was it?
Speaker 6: Hey, Dwayne was not falling for it. You know, he just knew, you know, they were trying to bring him out of his out of.
Speaker 5: His bag, like, Nope, was he the one? Was he the one they asked about winning the ultimate game?
Speaker 3: And that's exactly right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey man, coming from an intellect intellectual standpoint.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right at the West Texas State Education.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 3: It was damn good for huh, that's exactly right. All right, we got much more.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: Pat on the back to producer Supreme Bound. The man, no telling what else he has up his sleeve when we come back here on Mixed Shots in just.
Speaker 6: A moment, Chris.
Speaker 12: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor and calm. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 13: Cowboys Football and Miller Lyte. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday.
Speaker 2: Mornings Swag, Brisket and the Smoker.
Speaker 13: Miller Lyte and the Creek, America's team playing America's Greatest spool. Miller Lyte the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly, twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 2: I'm Doak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: As they snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not he escaped flapped.
Speaker 5: He'll look full punch down.
Speaker 6: Just like football.
Speaker 2: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 3: Presh Scout's gonna run thish in show, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 2: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 6: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 2: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 10: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of school pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 3: That's what I like.
Speaker 5: To mixed shots.
Speaker 7: Let's play NFL flag football. In this game, there's a position for everyone, no matter who you are. Flag is your chance to run, through, jump and fly. This is your chance to get involved in the action and join the flag football movement. Learn more and find a league at nflflag dot com.
Speaker 3: You interested.
Speaker 5: Nope, that's a that's a hamstring ready to happen.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 4: That's right, they're growing the hamster waiting to happen.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's like these guys going out, we're gonna race. We're gonna run a forty y thirty yards in and it's.
Speaker 3: Like, would you like to hear David Moore's report on the Brandon Cooks injury go ahead Grade one m c l spraing for Brandon Cook's. Multiple people with knowledge of injury said his ability to play this way is in question, but can't be ruled out. This is not considered a multi week injury.
Speaker 5: Isn't that what I just got done?
Speaker 3: Same, Well, it's just confirmation. He's you know what, David Moore must be listening. Yeah, that's right, that's that's that's multiple people. You're, Mickey, you are the multiple multiple with knowledge.
Speaker 5: He might have had one.
Speaker 3: Now he's got to multiple people. There's multiple people in here. Yes, Mickey me. Ever, soon multiple people with knowledge of the injury said that, all right, you wanted to review something from the Sunday night.
Speaker 4: I didn't necessarily want to. I simply inquired about it. But yeah, we didn't have to click review our picks to click which.
Speaker 9: And there's a reason we didn't. Yeah, we were all off. Myself. I had Dak, I had us win the game. We all had us win the game. My score was twenty four to twenty one. It's going to be really close.
Speaker 3: What was Mickey's score?
Speaker 6: He scored was twenty seven twenty.
Speaker 3: What was my score?
Speaker 6: Your score was thirty to twenty.
Speaker 3: So I came closest.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, three difference.
Speaker 3: No, I had thirty points and you all had less than thirty points.
Speaker 5: Your I went real good.
Speaker 3: They won by one closest.
Speaker 5: They won by forty, right, yeah.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say that they scored forty and I said, there's going to score thirty.
Speaker 6: You lost less.
Speaker 5: He asked, what Randon Aubrey kicking the winning field goal?
Speaker 4: I no, yeah, I know that was my pick. So that that Aubrey pick. That may have been the worst moment of the game.
Speaker 3: He bounced back.
Speaker 6: He bounce back, Yeah, but that's who are who are you?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 6: You partons? Get out of here. You're done with Parsons.
Speaker 7: Persons again, he got the most important false start to happen in the game.
Speaker 6: Now, that could have been come on, it could have been anybody. No, it was Parsons. The guy got in anybody.
Speaker 7: The guy got the jumps as he knew Parsons was coming.
Speaker 3: In fact, we need to just say it every week. Okay, who besides Mica is your pick to click?
Speaker 4: And I gotta say my pick to click was was a little almost a Parsons type.
Speaker 6: I picked that.
Speaker 5: You get anybody on the quarterback in there, anybody but the guy? Anybody picked Marquis Monkeys Bell and.
Speaker 3: Nobody. How about the touchdown? We get the first touchdown? Right?
Speaker 6: None of that?
Speaker 3: No one, no one in the world got the first touchdown? Right?
Speaker 4: No that I got one?
Speaker 6: Two touchdowns.
Speaker 3: It's almost right. It's another tour group a lot.
Speaker 6: That's whether he was talking about.
Speaker 5: Where are you guys from?
Speaker 6: Where you from?
Speaker 5: Said it?
Speaker 6: I didn't hear it. He says, star status stars.
Speaker 5: Oh that's the group.
Speaker 4: Okay in the oh what city?
Speaker 3: All over?
Speaker 4: Down?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 3: People, they're dressed.
Speaker 5: How do you know they're not mine?
Speaker 3: You saw someone from Hamilton Park.
Speaker 5: That's right, right, and it's Terrence.
Speaker 6: He's with the crew.
Speaker 5: Terrence, unfortunately is leaving us. Man, he's got a job at ESPN.
Speaker 6: Nice going to not unfortunately going to connecting. I've got to catch up. You got that way.
Speaker 3: This is fun. I'm glad we got a tour cam too.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 3: So we also picked who would score the first touchdown.
Speaker 11: And it was no, it's monogay, you tell them.
Speaker 3: Who did you have? I had Jake Ferguson, So I really struck out on that one.
Speaker 6: I have Michael Gallup who was like almost like inco.
Speaker 5: Did I take Collard?
Speaker 6: You did? CD CD?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So we'll make these picks again tomorrow.
Speaker 5: See if we do get one right out of three.
Speaker 3: You know, uh, the winning streak that the Cowboys have at at and T Stadium right now?
Speaker 6: So did we lose last night?
Speaker 3: I lost the opener, they lost the opener, and then Producer Supremes got the answer, So eight nine? How about what's the answer there, Producer Supreme, We're going to go with eight eight in a row? Eight there nine home games.
Speaker 11: Last year we lost the opener, cross.
Speaker 3: The opener and won eight in a row. So it's an eight game streak going. You want that home. You want to be able to win your games at home, obviously, right, but it's sometimes easier said than done.
Speaker 4: And when the division games, it's always easier said than.
Speaker 7: So what what what worries you about this game from the Cowboys standpoint?
Speaker 5: What part of their game worries.
Speaker 4: You in the trenches? This game is going to be won or lost inside both both ways, both ways. Both teams have great defensive lines. Both teams are going to try and run the ball consistently, and that's going to be a battle. And I worry that we start off the game the way we started off in New York, but continue that there are no false starts, there are no mishandling of snaps. You know, they continue to be solid in what they did. Five yards are carried on the first drive. That that worries me, and I start to see it. I had little deja vu doing the game, you know, watching that because there were times last year when we were just inconsistent and teams did bail us out on their own.
Speaker 6: I don't like that. I like us to control the Native bill.
Speaker 3: I don't think this will happen, but I'm concerned that they make sure that there's not an overconfidence after what happened in the Reporting to Nothing game. I mean, it's just a natural tendency. And then Okay, your opponent just lost their future Hall of Fame quarterback, which plays into that. So I think behind the scenes here they've got to make sure that. And I don't think that will happen. I think it's a maturity, great recipe for it. Yeah, and so, and you know, the Jets are sitting there going okay, no one thinks that we can do it now, and so they've got a motivation that to prove everybody wrong, and they have the defense to do that.
Speaker 5: David coming in with his slingshot.
Speaker 4: It reminds me of Debo coming through with his with his boombox. With his boombox, this game could be.
Speaker 7: That's I want them to prove that they've improved stopping the run, because that was a problem in almost every game they lost last year. The teams ran right over him. And so now you're going to have an opportunity because you know it's coming, you know it's going to happen. They were pretty good at it in the opener against Buffalo that was supposed.
Speaker 5: To have a decent defense.
Speaker 7: Uh So, now prove to me that you've improved in a spot that you desperately needed it and so well that I'm not saying they can't do it, but I need.
Speaker 5: To see it.
Speaker 7: I need to see it, because regardless of what the conditions were or what the Giants were in and falling behind, they still ran for one hundred yards, and most of them on that opening drive if I remember correctly.
Speaker 4: And see I'm not worried about our secondary you know, I'm not worried about that. I'm not necessarily worried about the run defense period. What I'm worried about is our attitude after a game like this, going into this particular game, how mature are we We realize that we still have a young team here. We do have a young team. Now, some of your leaders they are of age. You got your quarterbacks of age, and you've got a defensive lineman of age. But these young guys can really get over hyped sometimes and then all of a sudden things come crashing down and they don't know how to make the adjustment.
Speaker 5: What I liked is.
Speaker 7: The part of the locker room I was there after listening to Mike McCarthy after the game.
Speaker 5: Wasn't a big celebration.
Speaker 7: It was almost like, Okay, that's what we were supposed to do. On the plane ride back, very quiet.
Speaker 3: I think time celebrations. I think by the end of the game, so much.
Speaker 5: Time digested it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so much time had passed since you had really won this game. Because you won this game in the first quarter.
Speaker 7: Basically basically, and if not, you won it with the opening drive of the second half, right you went down and scored the knockout touchdown.
Speaker 3: There was no coming back as opposed to the Jets win when you went in overtime, and that euphoria can even go into the next day.
Speaker 7: And the locker room was right yesterday. You know, it was right on Monday, but it was right yesterday too, you know, having to answer the questions about no Aaron Rodgers, what are you thinking? And most of the answers were, well, you know, we hope for a speedy recovery, you know, but it was nothing.
Speaker 5: Like, oh, thank god, we don't have to play them.
Speaker 7: You almost got the feeling they sort of wanted to, you know, see where we measure up against the guy that's beat eight of the last nine times he's played us.
Speaker 3: I think it does help the Cowboys that way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for real, me and LT called him yesterday.
Speaker 5: He's calling you back.
Speaker 3: Should you should have taken it.
Speaker 5: Right by the microphone.
Speaker 6: You don't know how me and LT failed yesterday.
Speaker 4: We don't need to rehash our state of mind at that time when I made the call.
Speaker 6: We were having too much fun.
Speaker 3: You don't reveal what you're calling about. Oh, you're at the golf tournament.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was a child's golf tournament and l teachers wouldn't get off my back.
Speaker 6: Found that at the call past sales man, they tell him. L T was like, I'm the reason.
Speaker 4: He's the reason that I was there, Like you were not the reason I was there talking.
Speaker 5: That like you were there with the Giants.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was the reason. I was the reason.
Speaker 4: He was the reason that that Pascelles signed me because he spoke up. Because he spoke up me. He's never spoken enough for anybody in his life. And I told him that, and so I called for sales to make sure and he didn't answer.
Speaker 6: But when the answer me.
Speaker 5: Ah, you know, well, you need to call him back when you're in here so we can be it.
Speaker 3: We want to hear it phone. Okay, I'm going to record it.
Speaker 6: That's why he doesn't trust you, guys.
Speaker 4: You don't think what do you call you guys? What do you call the media? I'm comis subversion from within?
Speaker 6: Right? Come on? That was his favorite life.
Speaker 7: I'll never forget that first time in the at the Giants. I went there to do stories and he walks in at noon after practice or whatever, and he sits at this big long table and all the media around it. It felt like you know, the Godfather had just walked in, right, and uh, he sits down and he's got a grumpy look on his face. And finally he called out somebody, one of the writers, how in the.
Speaker 5: Hell can you light that?
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 5: Do you have any facts in what you're right? This is my introduction to Bill Parcellson. I'm going, oh, this is too good.
Speaker 7: Guy. The guy tried to defend himself and he was he wouldn't have any of the defense.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, right, and he just intimidated everybody.
Speaker 4: I've always had an affinity for for the East Coast, you know, the way, how straightforward, and that's what I always loved about that part.
Speaker 3: So you don't think there's any chance in the world. He has to be listening to mix shots and and.
Speaker 5: He know, he knows, he knows the noses.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's what I like my nickname ever since he's got him saved in his phone. It's it's just Parcels all caps, all caps.
Speaker 6: That that's typical of perfect.
Speaker 5: Well, let's let's go.
Speaker 3: We got to get back Okay, Uh yeah, who wins the game tonight?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 3: Minnesota, Philly, No, Philly gonna win?
Speaker 4: I think I think they came out. They stumbled last week. They didn't like the way they they performed. I think coach is going to be on them. I think they're gonna come out this This game might not.
Speaker 3: Minnesota needs to win.
Speaker 4: They lost win, but I don't know if they got the guts to come into Philly and win.
Speaker 7: It's at Philly, right, Yeah, that's a tough if it was there.
Speaker 6: You have a whole different thing. It's tough to win.
Speaker 5: In Philly here. That one darn third down horn.
Speaker 3: All right, And the horn just went off for us, and we will chat at you again tomorrow with exclusive audio of ever since con ourselves Tomorrow, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.