Speaker 1: Yeah, what's up, y'all? Was going on Bro Drinks Radio. He's a legendary Queen's rapper. Hey, Hanks agree? Is your boy? You know he's a Miami hip hop pioneer. What up is dj e f N? Together?
Speaker 2: They drink it up with some of the biggest players in music and sports.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: The most professional, unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk facts.
Speaker 1: This is Drinks champ Day. Every day is New Year's Eat.
Speaker 3: That's right, heygree Hope you so it's your boy?
Speaker 1: And oh the boy DJ f N. I don't know what the fuck was that your time? That Spanish? That was my tim Spanish? I fell? But are you this is dream? Chancel the fuckers and right now tell your book.
Speaker 3: I am honored to say that we are introducing our guests that are not only hip hop legends, not only people that's on the road for they. I've looked at they tour schedule. They got nine hundred dates. It's only three hundred and sixty years.
Speaker 1: They tore in like rock stars.
Speaker 3: They out here continue to do their thing, living like legends. And not only that, they are also have the number one album in the motherfucking country. That's your class a week the motherfucking.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: This is your second album, this is your turn album, Turnout, but this is your first number one.
Speaker 1: Together. Let's make some noise again. Now kill them.
Speaker 3: Me and you kind of have like a same story, not only with the Santiagos, but this is like a research Yeah, like a lot of people, you've been down with outcasts, you've been down with the Dungeon family, you've been down doing it, but this is like you coming It's like a coming back out party.
Speaker 2: Well, actually it's kind of like my coming out because I never really came out as me. I was always an interpretation of what a major label thought I was supposed to be and that didn't work out, and then I left and just went independent and kind of found.
Speaker 1: A cool little lane for myself.
Speaker 2: And I have a friend and L L chasm as a friend who his name is Jason DeMarco. He was like he got some rank over Cartoon Network, became a vice president and they had a William Street Records, and he was like, yo, I always pictured you kind of like a southern version like of an ice cube, like of an ice cube meets Jeezy, and I was like oh, I feel that's a compliment. He was like, so what if I just gave you the money to make your own America's most wanting And I was like, so you normally say what the other fuck I want to say?
Speaker 1: He was no, no, no, that's exactly what I want.
Speaker 2: So at that point, I was trying to pivot do the mic bigger thing, you know, which is the AKA and ship. I was like, so maybe he was like, no, no, no, no, I want Killer Mike. I want you saying everything that you ever told not to say. And I was like, work, let's do this ship And he me and L got a studio first, he put me in L together.
Speaker 1: That's what something. I was very curious how this collaboration.
Speaker 2: Jason DeMarco was a branch just same friend.
Speaker 1: We were both dealing shit with him, and so y'all doing things separately. Yeah, basically with cartoon Network. You know that I did.
Speaker 5: I hold a record label for like ten years that we did like a couple of free record companies through through their through their website. They would use it in the cartoons. They would use my beats in the cartoons. So we were friends.
Speaker 1: I was doing network. Yeah, yeah, I was doing, and yeah, that's basically it. Man. I mean we got in the room and instantly I'm like, I didn't know each other prior to you know of your inn because music exactly, and you're from I'm from Brooklyn. God damn, it makes so much from Brooklyn nigga somewhere. So so what's the name again, I'm Jason DeMarco, Jason Demonco. So Jason Demalco says, I want you to make this album. But it wasn't originally.
Speaker 2: What you got now, No, it was it was supposed to be me and a bunch of other producers and making my Americans. Most warning, I got in the studio with Ell the first day. I called Jason that night and say he got to produce.
Speaker 1: The whole album.
Speaker 2: It was like nah no, and then I aggravated the ship out of him for the next year.
Speaker 1: It's just called you know what. Two months. Yeah, him and Jay, Him.
Speaker 5: And Ja just hitting me, hit me, and I was like, look, I like Mike. I actually really like Mike, you.
Speaker 1: Know, hit it off. He was like, when I'm making my own solo album.
Speaker 5: I was like, this is I'm doing my record And I was like, I'm sorry, guys, I'm sorry, I can't all right, right, maybe a couple of beats. It was supposed to be like two beats. And we went out there. We did like three jams in the day, like the first couple of days, and they were crazy.
Speaker 2: And I went on told my wife, I was like the life and a change.
Speaker 1: I was hoping to see your wife. Where she's at.
Speaker 2: She here the it's my mom's birthday. She brought her mom to South Beach. So now she's out on the beach.
Speaker 1: So now was the first album on massa bill as well.
Speaker 2: No, the first album's cartoon network is. It was rap music and it was it was my solo record. He produced the.
Speaker 1: Whole album all right, and then he had.
Speaker 2: A mixtape to turn in. He was like a turnch mixtape. Me, I gotta go this.
Speaker 1: After he came off tour, he was like, Jesus sixth We toured together.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I dropped my record a week after he dropped Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we went out on tour together. Kids loved it when we came on stage together. And then he was like, you know, at that time, it took a little longer to right. He was like, I gotta go focus on mixed. I was like, yo, I come up there to the mixtape with him. He was like words like no money, I told you a fuck, I just like rapping with you. I was like, so, I'm gonna come up and we're gonna do the mixing. So we went up there. We did like five joints, put out, got them bitches out, and we sent them to Jason DeMarco and we sitting the time Man Taco, Little Shalla mar and both of them hit us back like, if y'all niggas don't make a record, you fucking nuts. If y'all don't make this an album and a group. So the first album was a homage to books that we respected. So he said, we're gonna be a real back group. And if you're gonna be a real group, I got.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be a real group. We gotta be.
Speaker 2: We gotta have four classic albums like E p of D. We gotta have chemistry like MOBD.
Speaker 1: That that was something that you'll actually said the first day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, four classic, Yeah, Yeah, we got y'all we got Yeah.
Speaker 1: We gotta go to my thing.
Speaker 2: I want to go a ball of m j G and I want to be as outrageous as ourcast, not in the literal, but I wanted us to be a true group.
Speaker 1: But we want to get a real group. Man like you guys like great group.
Speaker 2: So we were determined not to try to play the solo artist in the first record made such a splash after we got off tour, like we went on tour opening for ourselves.
Speaker 6: ME tell you something, man I had uh he was with me.
Speaker 1: Actually he a fen We were in l a Uh we was.
Speaker 3: It was a festival I believe with with mers, big of mergs, who I think should be the first rapper booking agent shout out.
Speaker 1: I feel like I told him. I told him he did such a great job. I said, why don't you just be the rapper booking agent. He said, I don't have enough time. I said, well, maybe you should make enough time.
Speaker 3: Because I feel like we should have our own book, in our own.
Speaker 1: I put in this record because I feel like rapp is a race, not white black. I feel like rapping.
Speaker 3: I feel like when I next time I go fill out an application, I.
Speaker 1: Just just right rapp. But I was on tour, we know.
Speaker 3: We went to La hung out with Alchemists, and y'all was right. Y'a came on right after me I had broke out, honest.
Speaker 1: And we was recording in our studio at the time. Oh yeah, yeah, I seen you brothers go on stage and I stood there. When was this? What was this?
Speaker 2: It was a show jumped up, we got a picture.
Speaker 3: I wasn't aware of one of the Jews at that time. It was just a real of killing Mike. And when I seen you brothers and he brung you out, like he said, And when I see what.
Speaker 6: Was going on, I was like, this is something different. A black and a white brother that has the same cause.
Speaker 3: For right now, you brother's cause might be the most important and not in the industry period because of race relations and everything that we're dealing with. And again, like I said, I had heard about Run of the Jews, but I had never seen you guys present.
Speaker 1: Until that very moment.
Speaker 3: And when I stopped back, because that's what I do, I just stop back. If everybody don't think I'll watch it because I act drunk.
Speaker 1: I always do. But I sat back and I was like, damn, this is so important. I didn't know how important it would be until right this moment.
Speaker 3: Like I understand, you know, guy's having a number one album, but this is something that should be celebrated because you can't get black up then kill.
Speaker 1: A Mic, and I like this and to have you America's first. I pulled out Camel Crust. I said, I'm slow white cigarettes. He said, no, you don't know.
Speaker 3: He pulled out Americans and I said, you are correct, I am not that white.
Speaker 1: He's always a love whiter.
Speaker 3: So so so now you guys being.
Speaker 1: Approached to do this album because obviously LP is the person who stands on the own. Killer Mic is a person that stands on his own.
Speaker 3: So what was that moment like where they was like best won't your guys be au?
Speaker 1: Now that was that wasn't decided we should make my solo album together? Yeah, this was out of that.
Speaker 2: Came the opportunity pial a mixtape together.
Speaker 1: We had just wrot to be friends.
Speaker 5: Honestly, and just to clarify, it was just me wanting to do a project.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to do, like but we were already friends. That got to be you, right, Jameis, I can't funk with it.
Speaker 2: I think, okay, let's go for you guys. The black guy drinks whiskey in this group. Some seconds you couldn't drink.
Speaker 5: You know, I didn't drinkerson in two thousand and seven.
Speaker 1: I used to drink whiskey and having the weirdest liquor was mescal, mescal jamison, multiple different. I liked that.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's what I way on a white star O you for Yeah, old exactly. I dream what rich drug dealers I looked up.
Speaker 1: I dream.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So so you guys make the group, now what law? We make the group?
Speaker 2: But we go on to it opening for ourselves. So you got to kill them, I said, shows an LP set and then a run of jewel set. All right, So we prayed because we didn't know Frank Jewice was just killing Yeah, yeah, open.
Speaker 1: It up for yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, coming on, if I never heard of it, open up a running jewels, right the Lord please, so the boy. So we know we're doing telling rock, ask you, we don't. We ain't sure it's gonna pop. So we said we gotta give them a little each. We do thirty thirty and then like thirty or forty five thirty think forty five. But the crazy shit is we playing with three to five the people rooms at that time, so we're playing small rooms and it'll be a group of killing Mike fans there, Oh man, ship we happen to kill them when oh man, okay, so the LP I kind of fuck with this guy, the LP fans, oh killing Mic? I never I fuck with Okay. And then it's just be a group of kids just standing there like oh okay, like like like a like all this. None of the kids who was just standing there was young, So I'm like, what the fuck is these young kids doing here? One literally starting to see that the news.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm like, wow.
Speaker 5: We would come out as as we would open for ourselves, walk up stands, come out in the same fucking clothing as run the Jewels, and all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: This whole motherfuckers just like toy even realizing us.
Speaker 2: And after the tour, I remember my management saying, so, Yo, what we're gonna do by the solo out? And I said, what the fuck? So I'm like, ain't no, so I'm in a group, cancel that ship, y'all are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But but now both of you guys as being solo artist, was it difficult to make that conversion or you just grow with it?
Speaker 1: Yo? It was so easy. That's why we did it. Like like we just did that. We did the music well, we did the music for fun.
Speaker 5: And I was raised in downtown Brooklyn for most of my life, right right outside.
Speaker 1: Of folk mall. Oh ship, Yeah, all right.
Speaker 7: I grew up was born squim Manhattan, Downtown. I was six squim literally literally.
Speaker 1: Shot continue, you don't know about this, that's my shit, Come on, man, my shit. Yes. No, we just did the ship for We just did the ship. It wasn't really easy.
Speaker 5: Every time we did it was just because it was the opposite of hard. Like We've been doing our solo records for a long time. I put my first I put my first album out with Company Flow in nineteen.
Speaker 1: Ninety seven, so and I've had like, you know, six or seven.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we actually came up around the same time and stretching, Bob, We're a big Yeah, that.
Speaker 1: Was that was guess I'm set on exactly.
Speaker 3: But I mean, so how I think we had this discussion with our guest yesterday because I mean, at the end of the day, I'm gonna be I need to drink something though, please.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah you drinking whiskey, You got your I'll drink a shot of whiskey. But yeah, let's do a shot. Come on, that's one though. Don't let me do any more responsible for the right there? Shoot him up. I mean, I'm gonna sit this actually that you gotta you gotta take that shot. But it has I fucked up.
Speaker 3: So so as you guys, I'll listen to you guys music, and I could tell that it's it's about real hip hop. At the end of the day, I see you guys shows, I'll come watch it, watch it online and watch the lod strange.
Speaker 8: So is it.
Speaker 1: When you hear new school hip hop? Is it like bad? Or is it like whoever? Let these younger brothers do their thing. I'm like this ship shaming right? What of those like me? I'm from like I'm from the South. So, like I was telling my partner of to day.
Speaker 2: I was riding around my partner, James Man from Luxury Lifestyle Transportation. He was like, man, you know what you think about the new guys? That said as much as y'all, I said, I grow up in Atlanta. So half my day was Luke the Dog's two Live.
Speaker 1: Crew on al.
Speaker 2: The other half my day was outcast good in mob who tang Upaul Recogna. So for me, I'm comfortable in this space because I get to get fucked up. Listen to all the ship that's real hip hop and all the ship that variations of it, and I ain't bothered by none.
Speaker 1: Let me encourage by all of it. I never understood that ship. I never understand I don't I mean, you know, I just don't know what you understood. I don't know. I don't understand how people can't find something joy.
Speaker 5: And enjoy and in the new music that's happening now, Like I agree, that's all I mean, But it's not like I'm judging it.
Speaker 1: I'm just like my perspective is. You know, the eight of weight is so heavy right now? How could you not be happy without? It's so heavy right now?
Speaker 3: All it was one of the greatest people I ever met in my life, right Oh, kJ ain't no, my pops, you know this is god.
Speaker 1: I really grew up with you. kJ. I'm so sorry. What's your new neighbor over? Calil Khalil childhood friends so Calil. But my father told me you always see what you like in a person first, because if you see what you like in a person, if they.
Speaker 3: Fuck up, you gain them all of the chances. The chance in the world to light them first. So that's what I'm doing with new hip hop.
Speaker 1: And I don't, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't feel myself disappointed, Like to me, my bitch is bad and boogie oh, what's the god?
Speaker 8: I mean?
Speaker 1: But if you look on my timeline three weeks before, man ain't we on like timeline and said that is the hottest record out And if you're an old nigga, you don't like it? You just a hater? Right, I said, I saw this? How about? And not only that, my girl Isa Crab please like that? Did you not?
Speaker 2: Like we played the ship on our tour us like he played Futures last day, played the funk out of that ship. Ray Sherman, we both love. I'm a huge Migos fan, Like we play all the ship man.
Speaker 1: That's you know what I think.
Speaker 3: I think that the more of legends embrace the new guys, it's gonna make the culture broader.
Speaker 1: If we don't we do them, because.
Speaker 3: Because if you don't, we don't, because you know what, you know. One time I remember somebody saying to me, Damn, I don't know how I'm.
Speaker 1: Just Burt Risky. I even think risky Burt Risky is now.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, but somebody said to me, they said, why could you listen to that ship? That's not real hip hop, that's not what it is. And you know what I told them? They said they said, they said, so why would.
Speaker 1: You do that? I said, because that's the same exact thing they told me about me. They told me I wouldn't a lot of niggas.
Speaker 2: Either, Like, let's be right, let's nigga who say that just as a non put together.
Speaker 1: Saying that because you.
Speaker 2: Can't be with the holls, you can't women, ladies, well the fuffy you cannot be with them and not hear the jams.
Speaker 4: You just can't.
Speaker 1: And a lot of them like jams that's real or not really how you see it.
Speaker 2: But man, if you've ever been in the Atlanta club and the motherfucking migos came on, you was half a ball or half blood and anything you walk out of there understanding.
Speaker 1: You got you know, you know that that's the thing.
Speaker 2: That's the thing like everybody, everybody everybody made that young but us, yes, her cap.
Speaker 3: Every don't understand. That's how you understand the record is, I don't give a fuck if the nigga's phone Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: I don't give a fuck if he's from Utah. I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 3: If he's phone Tyler hassee if you go to that town and you understand that in town, you understand why this record is a hit record.
Speaker 1: Now for me, you can look at my career since ninety seven.
Speaker 3: I've always embraced down South people because I'm going to my family.
Speaker 1: Union was like down South super Dog was.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 1: It was a record on the southweat. But so I always embraced the South because family was down south. Like we just said on Mike.
Speaker 2: Ebs episode, Where's your Mom's family is must be from the South.
Speaker 1: No, this from South Carolina. I'm still got property in South Calsia. You wife probably Charleston. My wife is Hilton Head.
Speaker 3: So the thing is I always I can't say I always knew the South was going to take over, but I always knew.
Speaker 1: The South was bigger than the East and the West, because when.
Speaker 3: You think about it, it's you got we're talking about full properties on the East, you got full properties on the West, and then eight to go south.
Speaker 2: The worst thing in the South could ever do is start to self identify too much with all cities and states. We used to have to identify as a region because it was just like if you talked with an access shipped on you, you from the South. So it wasn't it was like Miami and Houston said it off, Atlanta and Tennessee, Memphis came as a tier, and then you started getting other cities. But when we start to overly identify our particular city, we bad. We ain't gotten all the way off. But when we do that, it's never.
Speaker 1: Good for us. When we go all fun with other niggas because they're from Houston, I'm from Atlanta. All funk knigas nigga. That's the one thing you always you guys always said the South. You got to you can't see LP. I bet you LP ain't say the East. I bet you. I've never said that a spell from New York. And you say, I said, queens, listen, help me. We gotta start this. Me and you, we're starting them right now. We rap in the East, you niggas. What I'm saying, so kind of do that though for a little down south, your niggas in Baltimore, to quit, you niggas with us are the East.
Speaker 5: There was like there was a small period of time though, when the East West thing, when people say.
Speaker 1: I ain't even from the east has never like right now, I see, I've.
Speaker 3: Seen a West Coast dude become of the down South do And the first thing the West Coast dude would say West Coast, And I said to myself, that's something the East Coast god can't say, because.
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody from the East Coast going to have your back when you say East Coast? You gotta the Phillies, you gonna say you y'all say DC. You just can't say East Coast?
Speaker 4: Is everybody?
Speaker 1: Hey? Right? One of the funniest things.
Speaker 2: I don't know the exact cults, so I don't quote me exactly, but I love I love man.
Speaker 1: I literally love.
Speaker 2: Listening to East Coach radio, right, so you're gonna you're gonna hear crazy ship.
Speaker 1: And I heard one of my favorite DJs, oh school dudes say yo.
Speaker 2: For real the eastern New York and I think he said maybe Connecticut, Philly, your jersey gave little.
Speaker 1: One other way he said, not all the rest of y'all niggas south.
Speaker 2: It was I know, his handway breaking our boss because he he honestly is one of the most embracing DJs.
Speaker 1: But it was funniest fun my cousins New York. That's how they were for real, like man, y'all.
Speaker 3: But you know, but that's but that's all problems and you know what, not only that, not only that, I'm gonna tell you something that is a way to divide us period absolutely, because we're all human at the end of the day. And then we're all we're all black, and then we're all hip hop o, we're all whatever.
Speaker 1: So you know what I'm trying to say. What I'm trying to say is it's a divided, conquered thing.
Speaker 3: But the crazy shit is the West Coast had that above the South, and they had that above the East Coast. Is that they can say West Coast and everybody from the West, from from Golden State, which from Washington, Sacramento, niggas in Texas to be like West Coast. But that was something that they had over us. And now the South is actually applying back. People are saying we from the South.
Speaker 2: I never thought i'd see today where East Coast the seas emulated southern them seas. It's a blessing because it's all style like on the old kong Fu principles, how they used to compare hip hop and kong fu.
Speaker 1: We had Young dro On here right and south.
Speaker 3: I ask Young Drove when you heard Panda, did you know that that wasn't from Atlanta?
Speaker 1: And he said immediately he said the same ship. And he said the same ship. Okay, I was wrong, break that down. I mean, I mean you can just it ain't shouted, you know. It's like it al Sa L say, like my grandmother forced me to speak a certain way, like this way. I pay for educations. How you doing.
Speaker 2: When I'm with a group of my friends, it's like you ship probably be a your Spanish fans like L say, and I don't understand.
Speaker 1: Ship you saying you with a bunch of managers.
Speaker 2: So it's like yeah, but with with with designer, he does a great emulation of future. He'd be lying if he's saying it's not future, that's not even a challenge to him, but just style influences.
Speaker 1: Just be like me saying, say, yo, I never listened to que get the funk out of it. You give it, you dog.
Speaker 2: This little kid grew up on ice cube. So with that, I just I knew it wasn't future. But I knew future had become the most powerful forcing rout. Time I heard that record, I was just like, oh, it's out of here.
Speaker 1: He the what But and you knew from the minute you heard it that that wasn't for me. Yeah, I knew that one shot. It ain't shouted it got will you got that will fall? But but why now? But I remember because we were talking of it was funny to me because basically it even makes me up. Do you see how poor and this ship'll like when you fuck up the first? What? What that's that's killing? Mike is drunk already, he ain't to his class. Look at that. But you got it? Oh, look that was my fault. That was what you that's how the friend? That's weed. Yeah, and I knew it. I knew it want shot it, but not in a bad way.
Speaker 2: I just knew it was like at best, I figured somebody from Atlanta had has had swags like you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean?
Speaker 2: Like I was like, okay, Sharlton, you know he probably all right, I'm somebody got some deciping.
Speaker 1: Somebody really fucked with me. But I knew it wanted him. He got flavor.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm gonna tell you he got sold. Future has soul that other artists not. The designer doesn't have future.
Speaker 1: The future.
Speaker 2: You listen to the ship he's saying it's dead liked.
Speaker 1: Version, dumb our Generation Tiny Penograd.
Speaker 3: He like, I'm wrong, Like I'm not gonna lie because a lot of people don't really listen to Future's words or futures, you know, his harmonies or whatever.
Speaker 1: But when you listen to that man, that.
Speaker 3: Man is preaching some ship and if you don't really drink lean like that, he's really ill because he.
Speaker 1: Got a whole community.
Speaker 8: This is real.
Speaker 1: He got a whole community follow him like this. He made drunk drunk junkies. He lost. He did all right right now in the hood.
Speaker 3: There are people in the hood that say I'm a drunkie, I'm a chunkie because.
Speaker 1: They drink lean on. But that's what the future is like. He preached, he preached to be.
Speaker 2: He had chancetify. He didn't preach if you listen to his music saying you should do. And that's how I mean about blues. He said, this is what I do, what I've done, and to me, that's what's always separated Southern hip hop.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, like, what.
Speaker 2: You're hearing is is Gospelly a testimonial because you claiming it yourself. You ain't even saying applied to nobody else. And really, if you want to look at Lean koleche, you gotta give it to Hugh Stuston.
Speaker 1: You got it, but not even on some just tip. But like, screw live the lifestyle. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: When you hear Paul Wall talk about it, he's talking about a lifestyle he's lived.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I went down there when I first went independent. We stayed for a couple of months, man, and just I came out that bitch on the other side of Jay myself because that ship feel good is an opia. Do nothing feel better than heroin? That's what I want to do it, you know what I mean. So he's doing it testimonially.
Speaker 1: Lean story, go for it. Coast to Coast the niggas at I was on Coast to Coast talk.
Speaker 3: Coast coast When you said, who me to the lien, I was Sliger in my mind was a lean house.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I take a franchisee. I walked there, these nigga says, what do you do? I said, I ain't doing that ship.
Speaker 6: They said, will you be fucking your homeboys and them fucking the fucked up ship?
Speaker 3: I said, I didn't know they was fucked up lean, but he gave me a double cup of some ship and I kidd you that.
Speaker 1: I was talking the whole time my mouth.
Speaker 2: Exactly. That's why I want I won't do that. I'm like, the whole time, I won't.
Speaker 1: Talk about.
Speaker 2: I shoulder certain first Bun called me about the lean. Bun just called me out of they like came.
Speaker 1: I came to rescue me.
Speaker 2: He was like hey, I was like, what's up. He was like, I want to talk to you about something. I was like, what he said about that drink? He gave me a fifteen minute lecture and I ain't never fuck with that. I was like, I'm cool on that ship because I respect my old I didn't want that.
Speaker 1: But you don't know about lian Is. You can't actually control it. Think about weed is. I could actually say I'm not I don't want to be hot on them.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, but it's it's leading, it's leaning you the hair on my nack. Don't make no mistakes about life. I had showed the surgery like a year and a half. Look them in the slim first day painkillers, who feel a rush like? Second day, a little sick, little constipation and ship because that's.
Speaker 1: What the duty to a fuck every slummer. Next day like that, but pop it again. Third day.
Speaker 2: My wife fly me in Miami. She said, too many people bother me. She flied me here to stay. We and fuck it.
Speaker 1: We're out on the balcony. I do want them in so much pain.
Speaker 2: I talked to my wife for thirty to forty five minutes, have a full conversation.
Speaker 1: With her in her face.
Speaker 2: Afterwards, she said he didn't say a word to each other. That's when I knew I'm not taking these pain kids. I suffered the rest of that month throughout. So I can't anything that puts me in This is too good, and I.
Speaker 1: Like drugs for this. That's just too drug this, you know, even to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but y'all got the number one album in the motherfucking country.
Speaker 1: Number We weren't rapping him, and you know whatever we were saying, we said, I don't give him what. Yeah, I think.
Speaker 3: Y'all know. Mama her shirts like she's right, you know what and y'all real hip hop l P. I want to I want you to understand and uh acknowledge how much we appreciate you. I want you to understanding and acknowledge that.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you.
Speaker 3: I want to understand and acknowledge that when you was running around with Bernie Sanders, I couldn't have been more proud to him. That's the only party time I didn't use your number, Like I was watching on the campaign.
Speaker 1: Trail and I wanted to call you, but I said, I know I'm a fellon. You don't think he is. His voters is tap. I'm not gonna call at this moment. Definitely really rooting for you, like, but I was excited, like because just a criminal what I was feeling. I'm trying. We want to get your rights, man, I want my rights. I want you to have him back voting all that. We absolutely absolutely, but you doing the How What's Bernie supposed to run as a third party? Ultimately?
Speaker 2: I think his purpose was to transform the Democratic Party, and I think that started to happen.
Speaker 1: Because he had.
Speaker 2: I think I think we get picked how did I mean, well, we know how she got picked. The cord to the emails in my names. Yeah, you know they that you know, it looks like it looks like from what has been proven to be factual, that members of the Democratic National Committee that they that they aspire against Bernie Sanders to such extremes as giving her questions in advance and prompting their media agents to downplay Bernie to the tune of Trump getting eighty percent more viewership because they pushed him in cruise early because they thought they was a ridiculous vote. So I would just say, Americans, if you're going to be angry about something, make sure you're angry about everything you know. Don't be Don't just be angry that your child be angry. Your child lied to you, stole and as a thief. So you know, I quote the Trump speechies he was talking about that.
Speaker 1: It's about to be an interesting place. Yeah, all Americans state for the next cigarettes in there? All right, a cigarette break? This is where a while there's no more how when to cut.
Speaker 4: Up typhone time?
Speaker 3: I'm in I mean, what is it I know about this show in New York? You can't get nothing know with him? This is Tiger Mom.
Speaker 1: This is going I know, like this ship from your show I don't know about right, It's terrible. Right, Why did you want to do this? You the person that called and told me how to juice this ship? Why would you do this? This is actually take listen.
Speaker 3: If you actually want to diet and you like trying to do ship, this is actually the only alcohol that.
Speaker 1: Won't effect you. Were supposed to smell it. Don't smell it. This can't want your whole life alright, this for you. You want to see your world, this is how you do it. Listen, take it?
Speaker 9: Oh my god, let it. Let's tell you s my friend taste like I'm Chamberlain man.
Speaker 1: Look at here, whis nibbles out this ship.
Speaker 4: And he's like, yall ring, we are.
Speaker 1: Women's here for Brickley, were right here this ship. I still taste it and face.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, taste, let's taken in your chest.
Speaker 1: Wait till you take your ship?
Speaker 5: What is this?
Speaker 1: You know? What the fuck is that? What is that flavor? Is that your shoe? It's es ships? These humans, nigga?
Speaker 2: You drinking shoe, nigga. This is the bottom of a timbaling loafing, you know, after walking the.
Speaker 4: Great Water trying y'all know the timbling loafers.
Speaker 1: Were wearing flowing in Georgia. I've never seen New York niggas here like this is the bottom of one.
Speaker 3: This is the drink when you get, when you got the number one house, when you put you up.
Speaker 2: Last time I saw you, we were at Roscoe's across the street, smoking dope and drinking champagne and in the.
Speaker 1: Superbosco, which is why I love you. We were so distrissed. I was you at the hotel though.
Speaker 2: After you bastards who wanted to know who seen me suffering under Josh Spice in the gym every fucking morning. Noor is the dude that hit me up, like, yo, your fact. This is how you're gonna lose some weight. Eat vegetables, juice and run and walk.
Speaker 1: That's what I fuck with you for that. I like you for it.
Speaker 2: I definitely love your wife as well. But them niggas really all like Partnershi.
Speaker 8: You know what it is.
Speaker 10: We have to.
Speaker 3: Continue to sustain our legends. We gotta be here in our category. And now again, this is not no nothing racial. This is I think hip hop should be a race.
Speaker 9: I feel your hundred percent honesty, because.
Speaker 3: Think about it, there could be a person who don't maybe don't like black people or maybe don't like white people, but guess what, he.
Speaker 1: Likes hip hop. So that makes him in my fraternity. I look at it, you know what I'm saying. I look at him like as my fraternity.
Speaker 3: And if you look at it, if you if you always see a drug dealer from the hood, they'll say, well, my lawyer know the judge.
Speaker 1: Because you know why they were in the same conternity. Absolutely, but why we can't have our same return.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, why you can't be sixty five years old and say you know what, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: That's more.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, my grandchildren play with your grandchildren. Because the thing is, if we don't sustain this culture and it's not a race thing.
Speaker 1: He's the biggest part about it. It's not a race thing.
Speaker 3: It's a cultural thing, absolutely, and we all believe in the same culture. If you all love hip hop. That's why I think it should be a hip hop flag. I think it should be hip hop insurance.
Speaker 1: I think it should be definitely need hip hop benefits like a sage for him.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 3: I thought about it real long and hard, and the only other business that don't have this type of insurance don't have This is boxing those beautiful sporting life.
Speaker 1: This is a sport where you go in and you can die like hip hop lay him, but you go in it literally die disposable real quick.
Speaker 3: And you why can't we, as smart individuals individual live, I mean, excuse me, unified.
Speaker 1: David Banner, okay, David Manner, you in charge of the funds?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you in charge by killer you know a boomboo bo okay, lp infit And we're all alright cool. Everybody making fifty thousand a month, we don't want you fifty thousand a month.
Speaker 1: Take you fifteen hundred dollars or that put it to the side. So when a person like uh a random persons name of artists, Cassidy got you in the car, I got you. We gotta we handle that. He's a little one. Don't gotta worry about that. Nah. I think I think it's possible.
Speaker 2: All really you saying is alternative streams of revenue and business. So when he said TATII, but it's clear I'm from Atlanta, Georgia.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So a guy straight up, a guy named Alonzo Herndon, he started a barbershop with all black guys cutting. Who will only serve as white men, white businessmen in Atlanta. He learned some ship listening in the barber shop, and he learned that white people got buried by insurance. And you paid into an insurance every time you die, you know, you'd havea a few thousand dollars to bury or whatnot, because you at least want your person to go on respectfully and ship. And he's like, well, damn on the black community, you don't have that. So he went to one of the white companies. Of course that it got bonded, like hey, you know, I'm want to bring you this much business? What on the roade it and he became the largest minority the insured in the South. They had an Atlanta Life buildings on Auburn Avenue. He was a very big reason Atlanta is such a business capital now and black people in Atlanta had so absolutely hip hop. We do the same thing I started last year. I don't want you all to check me out. You know, ain't smoking a blunch. Last year I did the bank, black bank, small bank, local. So of course to America's assholes and everybody just want to argue about race.
Speaker 3: Everybody either the banks in Atlanta beat I means Miami beat.
Speaker 1: I don't know the Cuban banks, but I know it's a goddamn lot every time.
Speaker 2: Here one of the podcast, thank you. The reason I said back bank, black bank, small local for black people. You need to be able to back what the institution has directly reflective of your community, right right, so you can back give you.
Speaker 1: Just beyond politics though. This is like our Asian brothers and sisters.
Speaker 2: They let they vote less than anybody, yet they had higher political influence than anybody in this room because they put their money behind candidates and causes. So you look like you got one United in Miami, you got Citizens Trust in Atlanta, you got.
Speaker 1: Industrial Bank up in DCA.
Speaker 2: Banks Yeah, these are black banks, right, so you your community to shift the money, not all of it.
Speaker 1: Just take a couple of hundred dollars, a couple thousand dollars, put.
Speaker 2: Into the bank, started savings, a credit line, and buy some stock in that bank. So if you got a couple of grand right now, last year was just put some money in the bank. Because what I wanted us to learn how to do was use our money.
Speaker 1: So put some money in.
Speaker 2: The bank, get a debit card, get a credit card, learn how to build your credit and learn how to save money.
Speaker 1: Say one dollar every ten dollars you make, you make a downhills save one hundred, right, you know how to do that.
Speaker 2: So Citizen Trust actually started another card to help people with a smudge on their credit repair it all.
Speaker 1: So bank black bank, small bank locals.
Speaker 2: So even if you black bank, no black banks, get the community to go to one bank, one small bank. He said, we're going the only bank with you, but we're gonna bank with you at lower costs, at lower atmp shit like. So the reason you do that first absolutely can if you go as a groove, if you got something gonna laugh, y'all the door. So you do that, that happens you get a little stronger individually individually. You gotta get strong first. If I don't get my feat ass in the jail, I can't jump right on the stage and inspire nobody else. So get yourself in shape individually with your money. Then you get the community around it. So whether it's a black make or small bank, y'all all banked with. You do that banking there, then you start to challenge for small business loans directly. For so this little store could be a coffee shop. It could be this store, could be something else. Why do we have to always go to Starbucks?
Speaker 1: Something else?
Speaker 2: You don't have to if you get the law. And if you're in church, tell your church. We want to see two business plans come about. Congregation and we're not tithing for this year.
Speaker 1: But how do we make black banks pop? I'm going to tell you els and the need to move money to.
Speaker 2: Black banks in the immediate Simpsons Trust has a ninety five year great record.
Speaker 1: This killer Mike and Norriy need to shoot videos and citizens Trust we need to wrap put it in our wraps. You know what I'm saying. I used to say.
Speaker 2: Now I got a million that ship the citizens Trust. There's a one United in the Miami. There's a citizens Trust bank. I v D They they they they're banking with your industrial mechanics and farmers or small and local. Even if you can't go black, if you go small, go local, get with one of the smaller banks. L Ellanine also do our county with a small bank. They wave our fees. We don't get the same fees other people. But it's because our county firm takes all their business there. So you know, I'm just simply saying, you know, hip hop can do anything we want to do if we focus on us. If if we say, I like Da Vinci, I like Louis, I like all this ship, but you got so many pursons. But I miss the days of Maurice Malone, Cark and I Boo. You know, I'm just saying, get a holding up the block who printing T shirts. Give them a shot. Yeah, because we're gonna high. You know, you're gonna hire people that you're not afraid of.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. Willie Esco is like a home hip hop actually invest in politics.
Speaker 3: And what I mean by yes, yes, I feel like yes, I feel like killing Mike should be no, no fucking know, I feel like killing Mike should.
Speaker 1: Be mayor of Atlanta. Exactly how many guys the governor of Atlanta?
Speaker 2: Tip would make such a great no me down Tip on the show jumping into the politics.
Speaker 1: But this is that he becomes mayor?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 1: Is what is the day that I moved to Atlanta?
Speaker 4: A real estate.
Speaker 3: Was like we hit me out, LP right, how much can we complain if we're in a position like it's like it's like it's like it's like it's like it's like you're watching a porno flip.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: If you watch your pone on flick, you just gotta watch it because you're watching no take. But if you're watching a porn on flick happened, and you're like, he's not doing it right, I could do it better. You can actually jump in.
Speaker 1: That's real ship. Let me let me say, actually actually jump in. We're not to me. I got it, I got it, jump in, and then the day.
Speaker 2: About it is.
Speaker 1: That's how hip hop is. Right now, we're watching a porn on flick and we can actually say last we got turn.
Speaker 2: We're gonna throw some hot sauce in the joint. I think we got hip hop in politics. I think we need to put some hip hop money behind it, like direct hip hop.
Speaker 8: Let's not.
Speaker 1: President Obama yet. I want to say not yet. I want to say.
Speaker 2: You have people like Senator Nina Turner, who was who's a represented she was out of Ohio. I don't think actually I don't think she holds office anymore, but she was sergiy for Sanders. She he is one of the more powerful women I've seen in politics. In Shirley Chisholm. You know, I mean, she is absolutely powerful. She's young, she gets it, she's young enough to understand, old enough to really get it. We should be sending her money for her next campaign already. You know, if you if you are not happy with Corey Booker right now, you're looking for a black Democrat to support, need attorneyship be that person. So what hip hop should be doing is like they did in the nineties, supporting politicians who support us. Barbara Jordan, Maxine Waters. We should be supporting those politicians because that is hip hop. If you look at Mayor Bowser up in DC, black woman mayor of DC met with me and LP last week just to talk for an hour with LP and nine about how to attract the music industry to d C.
Speaker 1: They're not just money, the culture. She wants you to open the studio.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, el, I mean, I mean it's weird, it's cool, it's interesting, it's strengths, it's different. But asking to meet with us and just to talk about the arts and the talk about how to attract arts into the city and to grow the economy.
Speaker 2: We should be supporting her like hip hop should be putting their money. Some of our bottle money should go to local politics. Now I'm not saying send your money to the big politics. But if your kid goes to public school and you bought a bottle in the last year, yet you not went to any PTA meeting or donator or pick the candidate, you like you slipping because all y'all slipping money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like that. We sit over here sucking up to as an alpha.
Speaker 2: Come on, one of our kids teachers is going to show him. Man, look at you dad, that's a beautiful thing. Yeah, we're why we celebrate. We give all that just flowers.
Speaker 1: My grandma said, give them a flowers. Give to the money. Let me say all yeah, if you want to take a ball, no, let's go. Yeah. Fake congratulations brother, Thank you man.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you congratulating because that man as a component norri fan man, thank you man, like for for for what? Absolutely you know what for us keeping truth in hip hop, because I mean when we say real hip hop, all we really say it is some truth ship. I like the fantasy ship. That's cool and ship, but man, it's something about get my business man and I love. But before before you know, you rolling with something, you know, rough and dusty, as long as she ain't musty.
Speaker 1: You know you're trying to get some money man.
Speaker 8: LP.
Speaker 10: Yeah, look at you. You're just missing at a fraternity down got a shoe level. I sorry about it, man, it really tastes like a shoe though.
Speaker 1: Norton. I love your man this nerding. I love how everybody has a different description. I feel like I've been like iron Are.
Speaker 8: So now.
Speaker 1: Ship is the fun up things. It gets worse as it goes on after it's horrible.
Speaker 3: Hit Bob right now, do you'all realize that y'all might meet a new version of outcast?
Speaker 1: That's a big I ain't taking my shirt off, no picture. Yeah, we gotta we gotta do is a new version? Yeah, that's amazing that this version has a belly. That's the best compliment I've ever received.
Speaker 3: I mean, real ship really shure we look up to this, listen, let me let let it up, let me let me give it to thank you. A lot of times when something that's so great, we look at it and then we say that shit is great. Let me say we want the new version of it, but the new version of it.
Speaker 1: Be the total opposite of it.
Speaker 3: We can never accept it, just like Designer just might be that answer to the future, but we can't see that now.
Speaker 1: But what I'm trying to tell you is we've been looking at searching for the new.
Speaker 3: Outcasts, right because Outcasts setting such a stand and as a void on the game. You being a direct Dungeon family member, direct beef at all that, Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: And then under saying that, but it.
Speaker 3: Then turned around and I don't think that you realize that you're of the twenty and seventeen version of Outcasts.
Speaker 1: Man, that's that's such a humbly compliment. Thank you. Man.
Speaker 5: If we could get there, if we could meet it as much as they meant to us to somebody, then that would be a navy do you know?
Speaker 1: That's the most amazing And.
Speaker 5: And you know, for us, it's basically like to me, Outcast is always going to be the only exactly what you're saying, I know what you're saying, And we tried for that, like we look at them like an example of something that you can do with a group.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and that's that. I think that they hit the you know, the apex of music really, you know, And there John say when he was here, he said it was disruptive. Yeah, no, no, what's it?
Speaker 9: Well, that's what they use.
Speaker 1: It is technology.
Speaker 3: I said, what did you say? What did you feel about big Big? And he said big was so disruptive?
Speaker 1: He said, was that the word?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a word like that in technology. They use it a lot. When he looked at the picture, is disrupted industry think about it? Dress funny? Yeah? Absolutely, you guys look funny as a compliment in the most compliments. Man, It's like, when I look at you guys, it's no way I could say. You guys are rack like right, like how literally the biggest security you look and Rob we got the memes that go around. People do that and people relax.
Speaker 3: But what I'm trying to tell you is that's what Outcast was. Outcast was the most disruptive thing. Like when I found out that Pop Daddy directed their VERSU.
Speaker 1: Yeah say that, we didn't know that. I would say, what the it? Don't it don't work? But yet still which one work? The first video you ever seen outcast, like that video Puff called run the Jewels? What explain this please?
Speaker 2: Some people who follow Killer Mike may remember me run around with Puff for like a year he and Big Boy were trying to broke her a deal where essentially Purple Ribbon would have gave me to bad Boy, and I would have been a bad Boy artist. When I went in, Puff played, Yeah, Puff played like eight records. He half the records were the aspirational records where I can rap, I can rap like pretty much anything that's out, like I wrapped rap, I got a few different styles.
Speaker 1: You half of it was, but.
Speaker 2: Half of it is whatever was going on and wrapped great records or whatever was going on in good records, And the other half were records that from an aspirational standpoint, sounded like what me and L ended up point it not not the perfect version, not the right version, but they were already in the ballpark of what company Flow was doing or what a early Wou Tang sounded like that kind of that that bomb squadish type ship. It was that, and Puff said, yo, he said, it's two different you man, both of them.
Speaker 1: Do I mean I could do something with both?
Speaker 2: And he heard this record it was either a bad day, worst day, or like it was one of the records I released on the play a series where it was like burn or something.
Speaker 1: He said, but this record. He said, you give me this. He said, man, I make.
Speaker 2: You motherfucking and he just started naming these revolutionary type RAPTIONI And when I finally got in the room and heard L's Beast, it hit me when I was supposed to be you know, it's a lot of different Noriega's You're not the same person the husband last puff called it. He was like, this is this is what you should be doing. And it just took me that long to find the perfect producer and partner to.
Speaker 1: Be doing it with. But that's why I've never doubted his genius.
Speaker 2: And he shitted on me the next few years, not in a bad way, just like every time, like yo, you're supposed to fund. Finally, I just at lennox'spast, like what the fuck? Man, I couldn't make me sign a nigga bit?
Speaker 1: What with signed the papers? Man?
Speaker 2: He was like a baby, It's all good. I see, I see why he hears him though he really knows it. And that nigga gave me one of the most crazy ass speeches that scared me.
Speaker 1: I thought he was a devil for like five minutes.
Speaker 2: But man, this nigga, right, this nigga said this nigga said, Yo, man, you gotta get your boy big he's walk.
Speaker 1: He said, you gotta get this nigga signed the contract. Mane I said this nigga doing me. Say, man, this snigga walk a couple hundred thousand, said we gonna make that bad baby he said. He said, I can see that. He said, Look, we get the little jackets, we get the lettle jacket. We started, we started vibing. He said, I see this sh he said.
Speaker 2: Now we said, he said, were jumping out of cars, we chopping out the trucks, jumping off planes.
Speaker 1: He said. He said, I ain't never did this ship, but I know y'all South niggas. We go get the bad boy chains, saying that I got the froze face and the nigga looked me dead in mindset. Yeah you like that, dug.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, if you signed with you get mad later. You can't say it one but it was my chorts, not for beer. He don't twist you all, man, but Ben could sell it. You'll wearing water to a way, Yes.
Speaker 3: About they said, if you work for puff and you survived to get a job anywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's amazing human being. I fuck with him like you've never met a more motivating I'm not gonna lie. I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 3: The other day, it's real ship. We we dropped the episode with Park the episode and we charged in TV world.
Speaker 1: But that's cool. I wanted to charge where we charing at fuckcast podcast. I said that, nigga, submit, we ain't number one right now? He said the other episode was number one. It's a lax. I said, this is facts. You're supposed to be charging. You're nervous. Let's say you forgot what he feels like. Maybe I didn't say that. God, this is fantasy facts like that, But that's how I wasn't strong. Look, I'm so competitive that that's how. That's what.
Speaker 2: That's what New York Man. That's why y'all so good for the game. That's why, like I have become such a better rapper. Well, like I always been the top bass rapper.
Speaker 1: That ain't.
Speaker 2: But the discipline ain't shamed. I mean, don't be shamed. Let'm telling you, man, for real, I ain't never mean no bitch. I dated said. I disappointed him, So have some nus about your ship, you know what I mean? But I love it man because his his want to ship on. Show him I got the discipline what it takes.
Speaker 1: Y'all. Y'all are special to wake up in the morning just to beat my son to the bathroom. But now I just bought a dog.
Speaker 2: His mic at wh What's the kind of dog I got? I got a York kid, you got the drug deal? A Spanish dog that's gives.
Speaker 1: Up at five thirty in the morning. I'm so competitive that I want to wake up before.
Speaker 4: The dog.
Speaker 1: I'm disrespectful. You can't break up before me and listen, I always woke up for my whole household, not a dog trying to wake up at five.
Speaker 8: Yo.
Speaker 4: You get waking up like you.
Speaker 1: Up, get up today.
Speaker 2: You're jealous of the dog. No, it's three days jealous because he worked up before me.
Speaker 1: And I don't like.
Speaker 3: That's how competitive I am. It's like me when I get something, I just want to keep working at it. I want to I want to drill it. I don't ever I don't have a don't ever want to celebrate it, celebrate my success.
Speaker 1: I want to live my success.
Speaker 3: Does that make because I have success seventeen times, so it's not that. But the thing is I understand that things go away like drink chances part head all my friends, all my friends, who is my real friends?
Speaker 1: In hip hop? I tell them hurry up to a come blue drink Changs.
Speaker 3: The reason why I tell them Harry drink Blue drink change not because I don't think we're going to be as talented. We'll be as talented because we're unscripted. We'll be as talented for the rest of our life. But at some point somebody gonna say fuck it. Yeah, fuck these names. That's what the New York can understand. Oh man, y'all get it. Until then, I want all my friends. I want to embrace all my friends. I want to embrace real hip hops. I want to embrace people and say, you know what, give your flowers, even though I'm not giving you real flowers.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be a shot. And I want to.
Speaker 3: Continue to salute our people, because why don't we salute our people?
Speaker 1: We are the only culture.
Speaker 3: And I'm not saying race coach, I'm saying I'm saying I even see Frankie Verly amazing, all these people they.
Speaker 1: Tore in and all this crazy shit. Why don't we stick together? The older we get like everybody wanted jay Z to be out of here.
Speaker 3: Every time jay Z do a new deal, I text this nigga and'll be like, congratulate, thank you for continue to doing what you do. And he's forty seven or whatever age he is. I'm thirty nine. Mean weech forty yet. But they told me I was old five years ago. Five years ago they said it was.
Speaker 1: Over for me. But the only coach, you know, it wasn't.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: I love my haters. It's a difference a lot of people. I love my I invite my haters to coffee, the coffee.
Speaker 1: To cross. But one day.
Speaker 7: He has got my phone work out together can be still.
Speaker 1: Every man's funny way to be. But what it's all culture the first people to kick our people out. And I'm not saying race. This got nothing to do with race. This got something that's changing man, Definitely, I believe. I believe me and my partner with the type of running your shirt on.
Speaker 8: You got.
Speaker 1: Do you know he had to grieve different when he walked there, he was like, like you usually got better.
Speaker 7: We can't do that.
Speaker 1: It was great, thank you. It is a grief difference. Tighty Man's Ball feel good.
Speaker 3: You know, it's very tough, But why in our society all coach and I mean even in the hood, that's changing if you think about it. If you think about it, even in the hood, the old geez still got smacking nigga to be.
Speaker 8: A old.
Speaker 1: I was watching Carlios Way thinking about that. The nigga got shot was keeping it up. He didn't do the thing. Shouldn't. Like goddamn.
Speaker 2: I think hip hop, though, just got to the point where we get legacies. We get it, you know, we didn't get it because it's you know, like boxing man, you're just trying to make it out of somewhere.
Speaker 1: You know, categorized like real hip hop.
Speaker 2: Nah, it's hip hop. It's all hip hop. It's all hip it's all it's style. Like like if you don't get martial arts, you can practice jiu jitsu. You can practice the jujitsu, you can practice taketo, you could could you could practice I mean, you could practice all these things. But it's all from the same place of wanting to improve yourself.
Speaker 1: Like this is little.
Speaker 2: So now I train on right my transaction and teachasons. He's like an instruction. So it's it's like our styles are different, but it's a year.
Speaker 1: And then yain't they balance each other for a while? I feel they made the perfect rap roop.
Speaker 2: I think that on some on some on some hip hop shit, we just got to the point where we accept styles. So Kendrick Lamar's first record to me stylistically embodied outcasts of Queminie. You you saw the heavy fluence. Big Boy does not get his credit. But let me say to that, if you love Lil Wayne and Kendrick Lamar, you love Big Boy Ryan patterns.
Speaker 1: I don't give a food li she say.
Speaker 2: If you love Kendrick Lamar and Little Wayne's Ryan patterns when they go into this weird, freaky double time that is directly out of the first two outcasts, and.
Speaker 1: It's such a beautiful influence.
Speaker 2: If you're listening to Killer Mic stylistically, you're listening to influences of Ice Cube, scar Face. You know what I'm saying, storytelling, ability, slick rick nas and I think that we've just gotten to the point where my son is twenty two.
Speaker 1: I used to because I had.
Speaker 2: A child when I was a child, but I used to ride around him in a ninety five and polo beating Capon and Norieka beating a Z singing that verse, beating this ship too. I said, what you want to be twenty second birthday? I just want the AZ door die out. Yeah, because it's just a style of him. He doesn't see the East versus South. He doesn't see that a Z had to be contrasted against themself a Southern group. So he likes all that shit as he starts to fucking rap and produce. All influences him. So for me, I'm happy that we're in the age now where style because now what I hope to see in my lifetime is a young act doing a huge stadium world tour and the act that they look up to opening for them, much like the Rolling Stones did Muddy Waters.
Speaker 1: He introduced Muddy Waters to the world. Yep, thank you. So let's make this is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: With hip hop, that's the thing is and hip hop like when you forty them thirty nine years old. Right, I'll be forty this year.
Speaker 1: You see a lot of your handsome basketball, Thanks so much. I'm gonna be forty this year. But and hip hop, when you get to a certain age, they want to kick you out. They want to say, but why in rock and roll, these guys.
Speaker 2: That's what they supposed to want to do. But even in the hood, it's like, but that's what they supposed to want to do. You gotta blame the old niggas, but not doing hip hop no more.
Speaker 1: Than the old niggas getting old and I still buy music. Like That's what I'm saying. I don't know that cool. Yeah, yeah, Like my thing is, man, when you come and go to Juice show, you see kids as youngest eighteen, niggas old fifty. But listen, y'all embodied. I don't believe in this ageism shit because y'all in body. That what y'all doing right now, Like what you.
Speaker 9: Said when you win, because some resets and then from the you have a young crowd or whoever that's me.
Speaker 1: I don't give a funk about ageism. Whoever a being art. You recreate yourself, you put yourself and it's somebody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's but it's still not something that has been done that much in hip hop music.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. So agree, But I think we're forty three years. Here's what I think about that.
Speaker 5: What I think is that there's I think that there's better and better music being made by people who are closer to their forties and in their forties.
Speaker 1: Now you have more, you have more.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, you know there's you have one task. When the task is you don't want to become boring. You don't want to not relate to people who are listening to your music, and if you stay sharp, you're not going to do that. But also there's this there, there's an experience that comes. The one thing that's cool about getting.
Speaker 3: Older is that you lp every two passes he takes one, Yeah, longer about taking it back, and then I pass it to nah and then I won't get for like to.
Speaker 1: Get to your you're good, you're here strong adversary. Uh, you know, I don't know what the funk I'm saying. I'm just I just said.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying if there is something to be said, if you're a little bit older, that's it.
Speaker 3: You have tout And I don't think there's something that.
Speaker 1: Over your age.
Speaker 8: We don't have to subscri like, we don't have to be into the problem is just getting your music. Motherfucking on me, Like, I'm like, I don't remember when Nigga did you buy Face last album?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 2: It was sham like a motherfucker and the same man who works on Kanye's records.
Speaker 1: Or someone faces right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You like like that, you stupid fuck, don't buy the music and shut the fucking all your money at the Young People Club and put that ship in your car and ride around and smoke some dope. You and your young broad That's what the real niggas I know was still a pull up on you.
Speaker 1: That's what's the name of the album that's number one right now? This is Jews three in my hair yesterday.
Speaker 3: Running Jewels three number one in the motherfuck country for a week?
Speaker 1: How came out of that week? This hes got eight hundred weeks? Because you know why too? I love him because I am what I like to call hip hop. What I mean by that is you.
Speaker 3: Could throw me in Atlanta, Magic City. You might think I got per minute. Who goes I'm gonna throw my temporary zone, but they're gonna look like permanent that man, because cool.
Speaker 1: I don't throw me in Brooklyn, I might catch a body in East New York. I'm like, know.
Speaker 3: What I got that every coach and hip hop is something that we shouldn't be celebrated.
Speaker 1: Like I'm not gonna lie every year I get mad.
Speaker 3: When a person say these people shouldn't have been on that hip hop excuse me.
Speaker 1: The Rock and Rall Hall of Fame.
Speaker 11: And the Rocket And I sit back and I mean, I mean, I love it. But at the same time, I be like, what the fuck we're worried about the rock and rolls?
Speaker 1: Where is the hip hop? Who all the fame you have to make that you got some fort you guys on the top, so like it's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: And with that said, like we made rock and roll, so we're supposed to be there too, Like don't get it, No, I get it, yeah, like straight, but I remember, are you with a teacher in the fucking eighth grade?
Speaker 1: W A was doing like till I die as fuck you.
Speaker 2: But I remember that seventh eighth grade like my fun w like I was saying, motherfucker kid who l and I nineteen seventy five, so hip hop officially was seventy two seventy three.
Speaker 3: They say, so he stay, so he stay with your thought please, But we got twin in that building.
Speaker 1: It's like you guys get watch you listen. If you guys been following Drink Champs, you knew from the beginning that Twin it might be reversed. Yeah sorry, yeah, that you would take that home. But listen. Oh yeah, this is my dog. Thank y'all. You man, no problem.
Speaker 8: This is what we do.
Speaker 1: The offense slips his album in there, well he's done, we know that. But listen.
Speaker 3: But listen. If you've been following Drink Chance from the beginning, you understand, and you know that Twin has been a part of the show.
Speaker 1: You understand that Twin has had an accident very very soon, and you understand the Drink.
Speaker 3: Chance's gonna stand by Twin and we're gonna hold his ass down and we're gonna make sure he walks, stands, rolls, whatever again because we love this guy and he is here. This is the second show he'd been back, giving me give him your.
Speaker 1: Champs. Telling me, man, it's so happy to be here. Man, it's my happiness. You know what I'm saying. That's what I feel happy. It is when my spirit gets lifted. Man, that's my motivation. Man has said it. Man. When I was on the floor shop man by the past, all I swear to god off I thought about it was my family. Drink Champs, man, I can't there's too much and ship it is a year that this is a show. I feel like it's gonna go on for years, that's right, years. But we got too much to lose. And I'm like, I wasn't gonna go down, man, and it wasn't my time. That's right.
Speaker 3: I'm plessing, and we're gonna get you back on your feet and get your dick working.
Speaker 10: Sashash We're gonna get you, and we're gonna get you.
Speaker 1: Look, get you. Don't worry. We're gonna get your dig working. If he's smashing, listen, listen at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, from the beginning of Drink Champs, when it has been at the very first episode was until so you know, when when the fans see that he wasn't around for a certain times, I see how many fans just answering, and that's my little man, regardless where they come around or not.
Speaker 1: But just to see his influence on the fans people.
Speaker 3: So we said from Drink Champs policy, we're paying for the first year of you be really be a bit.
Speaker 1: What is it called he's good. Whatever I was trying to say, I mean good.
Speaker 3: So we're paying for the first year and we got you because and if you need more, we're gonna do it.
Speaker 1: But you you only need three weeks because you're a drink chain. You're gonna beat it. You're gonna be it. But we don't want no props for that. We don't want. All we want you to do is keep getting healthy and cut because we want to rank on you.
Speaker 3: And we can't rank on you right there personally out We can't get this is our guy this last week, reading from last Twitter, last.
Speaker 1: But we're gonna get you right to it because we love you.
Speaker 3: I want to shout out your family, your moms, your pops for every time we go to the hospital.
Speaker 1: They always did. And you know we're gonna get you right twin. We don't give a what we gotta do.
Speaker 3: But you know that's what the fuck we is we you know we seem to go fund me, that's that's not what drink cancer is about, drink chances.
Speaker 8: But we got it.
Speaker 1: We're gonna we got you. We don't need non refund You were gonna go ahead if you got mad quarterable lives quarterbleve.
Speaker 3: But we that's right, Drink Chap, we got your motherfucking back, and we love you, Twin. I ain't gonna lie yesterday you almost made me cry.
Speaker 1: You'na maybe crying the damn.
Speaker 2: Don't do it.
Speaker 1: Don't do it because I love you, twin.
Speaker 3: And you know what, when I say I love you, we speak for the whole Drink Champs because everybody we came around, we sat around, and we we we ain't gonna let you sit down at all.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get you right and then we're gonna fuck you up again.
Speaker 3: Beat you right, just to fuck you off because you went their biggest with eighty dollars and came back with twenty.
Speaker 1: And that's what he is killing. Michael LP. You know.
Speaker 3: Me and this nigga right here, this nigga is one of the most stubborn and the people I ever met in my life.
Speaker 1: Come on, I'm cutely in a good way, relaxed because we're like when Viny went out of style, he hated me because he loved Viny. He's a real hip o.
Speaker 3: God gotcha, and he didn't like that these guys were getting over on these computers and just playing records when life story it sounds dope.
Speaker 1: S but it's tripping. That's how hip hop is. And I said, you took a shot a tag of poem like this is what going on? Twin taking a shot history last week and this guy is so hip hop. And we came together and we said.
Speaker 3: We've been had aspirations and all things and ideas.
Speaker 1: But look at Charles Barkley.
Speaker 3: You never know Charles Walley, the best journalist can head can he smembering the.
Speaker 1: Best journalist Shaquille O Kneeling the best journalists. But the people who played the game, he said, journalists journalist, Yeah, technically they're supposed to be journal on television sports guy, Yeah, the game and he run the high.
Speaker 3: Sports conversations game. You know why because they played the game. Where is da Yo well shaped up for?
Speaker 1: Tell?
Speaker 2: Though you don't know not them by back to back about Drake record nah whatever they was talking about.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 2: Chubb was implying something about championships and Shack told him, man, you don't know nothing about back to back. He never won a championship ever, Like that was it scene? Whatever that was, That's not let's go, Let's go, No Yo stopping Spanish man else shop man.
Speaker 1: Since y'all know else like, YO, don't recognize these guys are recommend it's a recordizers priscill Yo. Yeah, you guys drink this ship?
Speaker 2: No, No, I can't.
Speaker 1: This is the last fucking last. I don't know. I can't find man, this should have made you a wall socket.
Speaker 4: You can't, Okay, house versus ship?
Speaker 1: Maybe this, sir sold so and we got the double one album to cut your.
Speaker 4: Forecast and cut the.
Speaker 1: Number one?
Speaker 4: How that tastes right?
Speaker 1: Give us the play by play action of what it tasts like a ship. It tastes like like like what he said about Timbaland boom. But I'm gonna throw like a little bit old soy sauce in there. Oh, I have to say, Oh, it tastes like Grandma's soy sauce. I love. So you've been seeing that soy sauce for a hundred years. Definitely has a grandma something. So there's a grandma saving something like an addict under inner herd old house. You know, it's definitely an addicts flavor in there. Collge, I take how it's just ange, just mold.
Speaker 3: Ancient Chinese secret club whips where the scrolls are this.
Speaker 2: Ship might not even be really Chinese, like this might be just the ship that's left. Yes, I mean they just do a Chinese label like fucking white people. I've anything, Like God, that makes.
Speaker 1: Sense right there? Why you you you're racist? What do you keep doing? Puerto Ricans? It's not again.
Speaker 3: You know why we had the Maccaudi people here yesterday said they originated.
Speaker 1: In Cuba, Cuba, and then they was like, yeah, but we got the Puerto Rico. Now he just didn't like it. It's not from Puerto Rico. It's from Cuba. Your houses says you made open that up. You've been since it opened back up? You Cuba.
Speaker 4: I wanted to.
Speaker 1: I did a documentary that yeah, yeah, I wouldn't want to. I want to see the cars. Has my flag booked?
Speaker 8: And then I had to go, now go before tall opens up in the motherfucking event.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my homegirl, I disagree with my wife's likes.
Speaker 5: Time ship.
Speaker 1: I hear it's gonna be delicious.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you know what I do like I do like the nice ship like he got a w hotel man people talk shit man was like nice.
Speaker 1: Ship got oh yeah, I don't fuck with iron B and B. I don't fucking nuts.
Speaker 2: Only a little small lady come in to my to make my man every my bad tip at the end of the day, Yeah, I want to.
Speaker 12: Get this how I know it's how I know. I made it something place. My son goes to the cubo right, he went to cut it. But your son, he's got to kill a wife.
Speaker 1: By the way, I gotta kill my wife is killing. So my son calls me that he the one time he can use space time. He said, Dad, I can tell he's kind of hiding. I said, what's up this on word?
Speaker 8: I was so happy.
Speaker 1: On the beach, and you know what, I'm gonna keep his ass on the beef off that bullshit you don't understand. But didn't understand, he says, the Auntie house. And then my wife told me this, it's direspectful. See Cuban family to yo. I've been yo yo. It took me years.
Speaker 2: My wife's family is from the rural south or smaller city and to people and something y'all was just the first stop. The same niggas ended up in Georgia, Florida.
Speaker 1: Everybody did just.
Speaker 2: Getting the Indians to come out of life, getting away but we do the same ship culturally. Like the first time we went to Hill to Head and her Mount was like, you're staying with us, and I was like this lady, air conditioning came on, so.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, I'm just like and I'm gonna fuck my wife.
Speaker 2: Like my wife wanted Tom cuttry with like Auntie in the next room, so like stop.
Speaker 9: I'm like, so I was.
Speaker 1: I had to get them acclimated to the fact. Nah. Nah, we doing this hotel all time. Now. I'm probably get custom fun out of saying that life. It's really listen to me personally that so y'all do that. That's no. I don't why he didn't go.
Speaker 2: So your kids, your kids are like me when I used to get sit there like Tuskige. They just down there the Auntie hot as the fuck like.
Speaker 1: You know the thing is my son, Uh it's Hollywood only he went on. He know because my other kids was in New York at the time. Unfortunately have Cuban. He listened to me every time he got walk fied. He said that you didn't give me the wa.
Speaker 3: It made me so proud because he hasn't he doesn't know he's hold but he doesn't know he's Hollywood, and I'm the same back like I'm doing.
Speaker 1: A play job. Listen, A lot of people don't know that that's culture.
Speaker 3: Because embrace culture. He didn't know that, And who was I to because embrace culture. Son, But he didn't understand that.
Speaker 1: But that is a beautiful thing. Let's make some noise your hip hop. I don't know why, but just your shirt. You've been doing that a lot. You gotta relact because your shirt. I feel like I feel like your name is hobby. You look like I'm gonna change your name to hockey. We didn't do it.
Speaker 8: We do.
Speaker 1: He's stretching. You want to smoke a cigarette?
Speaker 3: Break?
Speaker 1: Just give me take a cigarette break? Ten minutes, all right, cool? Ten minutes minutes, no one more, Just to see your reaction. We didn't get that shot. Na, I'm on the edge. I'm right there on the That's beautiful. Did you know why it is beautiful?
Speaker 3: Because we celebrated, hen God, damn it, celebrate. You can take any shot, any shot you want.
Speaker 1: You want some rock make you want to have to take a shot. I don't want to take a shot of that. I'll take a shot of water. God, we ain't got that. I gott I'll take I do whiskey, whiskey, shout of whiskey. Shot of water. Hey, look there's a shot of water. I'm gonna do the whiskey. I'm a man, a man, relax, here it man, I want to shut the water. Where's that ship's right here? James the blackbird? Here, white girl? You know, skip it. Y'all want me to do a job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I definitely want to say. Why that's what he don't make it too big? All right, well we don't have glass. Damn right, drives head. I'm gonna yeah. Wait, wait, Dallas, that is not what I want to take.
Speaker 1: That's way. It's a baby shot. The way for it. Oh that's not a baby shot. Was splitting that? Oh yeah, okay, let's don't thirty five club. That's all right, that's a good shot.
Speaker 3: So we celebrated, right, you guys were coming on showing the country appreciate it.
Speaker 1: That is terrible. Damn well, yeah, drink that everything goes you're drinking fucking yeah yeah, yeah, Chinese, we drink Chinese. Her murder. That ship looked like.
Speaker 2: So how did run the Jewels wind up on Mass Appeal, not anymore, not anymore white Field.
Speaker 1: Second, and now we're on we're running the Jewels. On, run the Jewels. But how did you need to get on. Let's let's talk about that. That's not Yeah, it's not as label, but we don't say that when any of you will like it's not as label.
Speaker 5: But also taking away from you ape, what's that water the horror patration?
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, no car.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we knew, we knew the people there from that label, though that label used to be DCON.
Speaker 1: They used to put a bunch of ship out. They worked with alchemists and like they put a bunch of ship out and.
Speaker 5: Before Mass Appeal, a lot of the guys from Dcon when they merged.
Speaker 1: The Mass Appeal and Partner would not.
Speaker 5: So we knew them from previous ship because we had death Jukes and we worked with them and different stuff and we were peers to some degree, and so that's how we knew them.
Speaker 1: And you know, but that was one of the jewels too. I mean, we kind of felt like every label that we worked with, it was just right at the time, and we.
Speaker 5: Always kept the commitment incredibly minimal, and we just moved on one of them deals and you know, and we still partner with them on some film stuff. Yeah, we're doing we're doing different ship. You know, were massive deals the same thing. Yeah, we moved on and we moved it to just basically there is no label.
Speaker 1: It's just a group.
Speaker 5: It's just our management and a group of people that we hired and do what a label could do. But you know, it's a smaller version of it, you know.
Speaker 2: So but we're just it's really directly into and I won't say like we really still fucked with like Peter and Nas, like they ran a one ship with us, and I appreciate it because a lot of times when you see people deal with the label, not deal with label, there's feelings and issues. But it's not like I still talk to both of them on the regular. We're still doing things together ship. I actually befriended Nas and Peter. It's crazy because doing business in the way that we've done business on a smaller scale, more independent scale, has given me faith in the music industry again, where I had lost it because it kind of became like it felt like a game of everybody trying to finesse everyone versus people.
Speaker 1: Just doing square business. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So I want to thank people, no, because they did such square business. It never felt fucked up. Yeah, and I love them for that. People gonna be relaxed. You hate you do, right, tell you?
Speaker 1: I can't look to celebrate celebrate running jewels, you know, man, I have to say, please stop run the jewels no more your country. There you go, cheering ship.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you're scary brot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not good at all. Who kills Aldy for this? There's nothing good about it. Who he raised? Dude? Even by the fourth one, it's still it doesn't get for supplying the tagle bone. No, you don't. You know, I like you to light but nobody's this is tiger bomb. That's tag boone.
Speaker 2: The same ship that the fucking you put on your muscles when they're Soca ball.
Speaker 1: It's like I'm about to say, you're drinking ship. Old dudes put on ship's.
Speaker 2: Answers again them like what the after about in New York Motherfucker's shrine?
Speaker 1: But man, Spanish ship is wold because.
Speaker 4: Sish what happened?
Speaker 9: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm Spanish? Spanish? Serginy you not? Oh yeah, but I'm game. Oh this ship that went Little Mexico in the damn ship.
Speaker 4: Always one is.
Speaker 1: Normal really black or Spanish like you? Definitely, motherfucker, he's safe. He's blackish. I don't know what you could drink this ship fast race ship.
Speaker 4: This ain't got none of these specs.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christus is pop saying, you gotta be a tough.
Speaker 2: Though, you gotta be a special can of tough man. V Little ROSSI said, loud nat k if you can fuck it, get it up, man, please thought, giving him his promist. Kid Frost believes moushing back to the Hilltop Kid Frost, Kid Frost, Kid Frost.
Speaker 1: MC eight really a man, keen team really got exactly exactly please man, Yeah, thank you, because you know why.
Speaker 3: That's what we do is we actually you know, everybody want to interview, and we got nothing.
Speaker 1: But love and respect for the New generation absolute.
Speaker 3: But the thing is the thing is they have the radio stations for the new Generator now, they have now. But I want to salute our legends. I want to salute people that have been in here for twenty years, true, ten years. I want to salute them true. So that's that's that's what this is, but I ain't taking them. Wait, not a motherfuckingmidget for my bitch. Is Dad Bujie from Nobody doing the new and that girl? Listen christ Club right now, let's go.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to take down the street. Y'all don't go together. Michael said, Yeah, I don't tell you to take the next stripper. I said, what's she doing? Every every perfect situation got the jewels? Y'all guys are on tour right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the only reason why, y'all man, because y'all busy like ship No, No, you're family LP killer Mike. I want you both know that that this is the first time that rapper slash d J was actually running media. You actually never have to go to Scoop Eric being Brock a podcast.
Speaker 1: Podcast, but we got mean, we got every week. So the thing is, you.
Speaker 3: Actually don't got to go on land or gotta go to you know, a Ricky Smiley show or whatever. You come to your own and present whatever information it is. But so with that being said, I say that to say this.
Speaker 1: Talked about this talk, tell us about this talk because you want a big y'all out every So we got we got I mean, it's crazy. It's bigger than we've ever done.
Speaker 2: And we got two to three thousand, we got right here, right here, doing five thousand in l A.
Speaker 5: We're doing five thousand in Chicago, We're doing four Knights in a Row Terminal five in New York City. So it's crazy. I mean, we've never seen it like this. So bias man, it's it's incredible when exactly every times try and seek out before you offer me the next one.
Speaker 1: No, I'm going I'm going to offer you very so make me smoking real ship.
Speaker 5: Though, it's been amazing to witness, like for us, you know, seeing this tour blow up like this has been incredible, and we're just giving everything we have. I mean we have, we're literally doing We're just back to back to back to back to back to back to back shows.
Speaker 1: This is the first couple of days we've had off the whole tour, and y'all came to see us, and we came to listen from there on. Now, I want to be this to be the first announcement with you guys.
Speaker 3: Anytime you got somebody want to announce, you want to propose, you want to bring to the world, why would you do it with people who is not a rap, not a DJ not you know, come bring it to us. We'll bring it to you, and we're gonna explore that ship and we don't it don't gotta matter where the funk were at. We'll come to Atlanta, come to Brooklyn, We'll come to fucking everywhere again.
Speaker 1: The cool place? Go there too? Where were you at? You want to go to the moon?
Speaker 5: You can.
Speaker 3: You'll never escape us. Yeah, you don't want Why I wouldn't. Now, let's just say, let's just say na, let's call y'all tomorrow and say I want to be a part of the Run the Jewels seven.
Speaker 1: Seventh Damn Yeah, I mean I'd probably just be like, all right, yeah, you're not. Why would you announce that way anybody else? What us know? If that happens.
Speaker 5: You're the first people I swear to God, to God, trust me.
Speaker 1: Think about It's still tight. We will give you that scoop. I've never won a shirt for artists that was here. This is my first time. That's a round one too.
Speaker 5: That's the metal gear one y you know where characters on the video game.
Speaker 1: That's here's a more excuse me years old. I got that's the special X moods. Yeah, me and micro downloadable characters that you can play in the game. Nigga never played a video game in his life. Oh like hell, and I played their characters and I didn't play it after that. One time. I played characters one time.
Speaker 4: What are you play?
Speaker 1: You guys horrible? You played it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I love the joy and you've got the Rainbow ship that this is my.
Speaker 5: Friend's band, Auto Lux just as forget us on my jacket.
Speaker 1: That's right. Shout out to Auto Lucks, to Carlom.
Speaker 13: We respect them, we do, we respect them. Let's pick up the gay people. God damn, we we got love.
Speaker 1: See, we got love for everybody. Don't know why you keep doing it? Really just killing me badly. You're relaxed, right, it's killing me. But we slew hip hop. You guys have came here, you guys have hang out and you want one more shot. Definitely not that they can't be pussies. We gotta do everything. I don't know. You can't do it. No, no, sick, he can't do it. I do a shot for you. I'm sick, ginger. I Yeah, we're all sick. I've been I do my partners shot, don't he's doing a shot with He's a real part he's a real moment. I don't want to be the guy that said, do you understand where Brooklyn is? When the person says a guy who doesn't say no to the shot, that's what you up. That's des disrespectful. You didn't take you all?
Speaker 4: This shows what are you talking?
Speaker 1: No, brother, just poured that. I'm watching.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I'm watching you thought crazy right now?
Speaker 1: The man really because you know why Brunt the Jewels is the motherfucking number one album in the country. You know we're gonna last. Yeah, ship, I just learned karate on that shot. I'm racious basis. It definitely wasn't a good It definitely was a good. Thanks for having me on your album. No, thank you for being thank you man.
Speaker 2: Definitely we about to roll because we shot out cubs like you're.
Speaker 1: Man, he's just those young rappers wrapping his ass off. Yeah, you are right for us in Atlanta. Oh, I ain't gonna make the nigga yea or is he?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's he was around.
Speaker 2: You might just skated out of here with such facts, but he was because light Year he got a single called poss and pants.
Speaker 1: I wrapped on it with him and that motherfucker five we just shot the video. Are you satisfied what you did in the industry or you still.
Speaker 2: Want more I'm doing so I can't be satisfied with what I did, Like I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you the purpose.
Speaker 2: Every run of Jewels record has gotten better because we remain unsatisfied every record. We gotta top ourself. As long as I keep that mentality, we hear it like I want. We have a fucking Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant mentality when it comes to motherfucking rapping, Like I be goddamn.
Speaker 1: If you say the motherfucker's want dope, you.
Speaker 2: Can say, I don't fuck with you said I don't fuck with them, but fuck you, motherfucker. You're gonna know if I get on the track, well he get on the track with your favorite rapper, We're going to try to wipe the motherfuckers down every time.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, that's what it is. That's what it is. So hip hop has never died, It can't die, never died, so talk about it. How can it? Like, motherfucker like you listen to Scarface out, who all you motherfuckers. I want to rap. I want to be a rapper.
Speaker 2: I want to go listen to a Scarface record. I was listening to him in the seventh grade.
Speaker 1: So how to fun. I'm gonna rest on my laurels. It's just that's her forms Gucci Man a new scarf, look like that because this is because man have to go.
Speaker 2: You know what, man, rapper deserve the greatest ar in the game. I think he the new Puffy. He's picked more fucking stars out of Atlanta than any an all he has made. He's a He's an incredible motherfucker rapp. He's incredibly entertainer. I salute some love for him and his wife. He's but that motherfucker knows how to pick a star.
Speaker 1: Man. He picked me, though he pick picked to me.
Speaker 2: He's picked the last five years of Atlanta and not even picked on I'm your big home.
Speaker 1: Like he just genuine like he fucked with it. And that's what's cure about him. Like he fucked with you, like he fucked with you.
Speaker 2: He gonna fuck like I remember pledge to walking in the studio saying ain't good. I got a fucking verse now, you're jump on the fum me if thirty minutes later, head's verse on Amma.
Speaker 1: Just like Mike I feel.
Speaker 2: But we've been like when he came to be, like hey man, I want to do put your on black T shirt remixed bo.
Speaker 1: So he's never not been the same human being. Man.
Speaker 2: I applaud that motherfucker every time. It's a loute man. Absolute man. I was just big up Gucci Man.
Speaker 1: I got that.
Speaker 2: Man hung up on one time man because like here you're gonna continue.
Speaker 1: Sorry, help showbody Drake. So we gotta do a lot of things were stretching. Woa, we gotta get out of here.
Speaker 3: Center very alright, come on, let's do a picture and listen.
Speaker 1: Fun makes annoying, mother fucking ship. I pologize and you just did. No, we didn't, so let's just think that we're coming. Mother fuck. We got rub the jewels on my fucking housepeakes some noice buck up by your pig, Bo. That was better. You're right, all right,