Speaker 1: Found oyster. That's the spot next to Besties that I was thinking of found oyster.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oysters freaked me out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not something that I want to have like found, you know, I want them very meticulously for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to be raised in captivity. Yeah, oysters, not yet. I don want to come upon an oyster.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I just found it out on the sidewalk a minute ago. Do you want to know, because that's the thing.
Speaker 1: I know vegans who started eating them because someone came through. It's like they lack of central nervous system.
Speaker 2: They're oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I remember that whole that whole conversation happening, and I just couldn't care less because that I would avoid oysters like the deacon.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I only know one person who used that to be like, oh I'm meeting that every other vegan And I was like, nah, it's still registers. It's like a animal because it's in Ah Like no, well, it.
Speaker 3: Just still registers as nasty as fuck to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a snot based food.
Speaker 1: Finn, You're a kicky girl and I'm a nasty gal. I like my shit's droopy.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I'm happy for you and think be different, and that's a good thing.
Speaker 2: I love that for us. Hello the Internet, and welcome to season four or four, Episode four of Dirnely Guys. It's a production by Heart Radio. It's a podcast we're taking deep to have into American chair conscience. It says Thursday, September fifth, twenty twenty five. Feel like to speed run this bitch Friday. It's Friday, September fifth, twenty You want to work again tomorrow, that's up to you. You're and your guy. Nah, we're almighty dollar.
Speaker 1: It's also National Kiyanti Day. To compare that with some fava beans. It's National Food Bank Day, National Lazy Mom's Day.
Speaker 2: The fuck does that? Okay?
Speaker 1: National beat Late for Something Day, National.
Speaker 2: Cheese Pizza Day. Okay. I hope Lazy Mom's Day was invented by a lazy mom and not like a dad.
Speaker 1: In nineteen fifty seven by Rick Stebling.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna look into them, the inventor of the homemade lie detector.
Speaker 1: I guess this National Lazy Mom's Day again.
Speaker 2: Huh? What the fuck? Rick? See you later. I feel like we needed to speed run this episode because we left our guest waiting for a long time and then also ended up talking for like twenty minutes for the guest before we started recording.
Speaker 3: And it was a conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it was a lot of fun conversation about snot based foods that maybe we can get into. My name is Jack O'Brien aka Potatoes O'Brien, and I'm thrilled to be joined as always buy my co host mister Miles Grass Miles Gray, He's.
Speaker 3: The smoke blood went past A long.
Speaker 2: Time later joined our Heart podcast talking.
Speaker 3: To guys with mister o'brown.
Speaker 2: Second, Rachel, We're doing fine.
Speaker 1: Okay, shout out Hanah ram if you shout a handah SOULDI for that Heart of Glass. Okay, been a Minnehannah where you've been yal mischief.
Speaker 2: Great to hear from her. I love how just ambitiously high you went from the start Heart Glass. You can't be like you a smoke bud with like nah.
Speaker 3: It's very castrato of you. I was inspired, Oh thank you.
Speaker 1: I just saw the film Farinelli and was inspired by that. That movie is it's I My mom took me to this Italian art film when I was seven years old, and it's about a castrati uh and I kept asking mom, what's happening? What is what are they doing to him? Why is he in that white bathtub? It was very, very freaky film. And you said you just saw this. Yeah, I wanted to tell you, like just turn eight. No, and I was bringing it back. Sorry, I just rewatched it because I was like, did I see this? And I'm like, oh, my parents, look babysitting was at a premium, so like, you're coming with me to see this film that's not children.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it was one of those that felt like it was maybe a fever dream.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, probably because I'm like, there's no way my mind.
Speaker 1: And then I remember my friend also went, like a really close family friend of mine, and we were both like, we saw that movie Faranelly right together Faara and Nelly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it was a famous was a famous castrati?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's a film about a famous castrato from the eighteenth century.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's some spooky stuff. I had this movie that I swore I made up, and it's actually a super popular movie. But the Batman returns, the one with the pimblem. I no, I swear I made it up because I just had this intrusive thought all the time of some like you know, dripping wet man biting someone's nose off, And I was like, well, like you just.
Speaker 2: Had that part in your head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I was like, certainly that's just a nightmare that I conjured up when I was a toddler, But no, it is because we had the VHS and I would watch it all the time, and I only discovered that it was a real moment from cinema until recently when I went through all of our old vhs is and I watched that and You're like, yeah, it was real flash yeaheah. And I was really holding that against myself for conjuring such a horrible image, the.
Speaker 2: Black stuff coming like, there's but black stuff that comes out of his mouth. It's it's a lot. It's thanks a lot, Timber Miles. We're throwing to be joined in our third seat by a very talented actor a musician you've seen in shows like Queer as Folk and the other two come on favorites, one of our all time. They also appear in movies. Little slang term I like to use for pictures that move moving pictures. Okay, you guys have to check these things out. They co host the wonderful podcast One of Us with standout guest Chris Remfro. On this very podcast, please welcome the multi talented Finn Argy.
Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, Good morning, Finn. Gotta say bit starstruck because I loved you and the other two. I couldn't stop laughing at your character, which I thought was so fucking genius. Just the whole construction of that character fucking took me out.
Speaker 2: So thank you.
Speaker 1: I'd love to be able to thank somebody for the laughs face to face.
Speaker 3: So I'm honored. I'm honored. My friend Gilly also wrote that character, like Pitch, the character in the show, so she is she's to blame for that.
Speaker 2: Ah, thank you. Yeah, yeah, that.
Speaker 3: Was so much fun. I lived in New York for like four months, and the character, as as you might remember, is like kind of in just in the background a lot of the time. Yeah, Like I'm not I didn't have a lot to do except for be creepy in the background of shops. Thank you, thank you so much. But it was the best four months in my life. I just got to live in New York in two days a week. I would stand in the background while these incredibly talented and funny actors did scenes in front of me. It was it was the Princess track. I had the best time.
Speaker 1: I just loved just there was always something getting in the way every time. Yeah, wonderful, wonderful.
Speaker 3: Carrie just wanted to get it in.
Speaker 1: But yeah, preparing for a role, it's you take your craft seriously, you know.
Speaker 3: I really do. No, that was a really fun character because I also had this like, prior to doing that, I hadn't really done any comedy. I had just done heavy dramas, and it felt good to make fun of myself a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's so. Are you from Los Angeles? Are you from the City of Stars as nobody calls it.
Speaker 3: I grew up a small town called the Splains, and I moved to LA when I was fifteen. I actually started acting when I was twelve.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Yeah, did you move to Did you move to the oak Wood when you first.
Speaker 2: Moved out here?
Speaker 3: No, close, though, I moved to what was referred to as the Artstone at the time. It's by Ava, of course, like every apartment complex. Yes, but it was kind of like the oak Wood Light like it was close enough and it had the same energy, like, oh, yeah, yeah, that's where I lived.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's what's like one of three places where people who move out here to act when they're young end up.
Speaker 2: It's one of those. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was the artstone for me, and I loved it. Does a dream come true? I moved out here and I was doing like little Disney stuff and the intention was to be out here for a couple of months in the summer and then go back to Illinois because it was a month to month apartment. And then I just started booking things.
Speaker 2: Too damn successful for that. Illinois Sorry Plains. Yeah, I feel like I know that it's a small town. It's just I think I've been mispronouncing it day plane or something.
Speaker 3: How French ship you Yeah, I know, yeahs. It's known for a couple of things. The first ever franchise McDonald's was built there, but there they tore it down.
Speaker 2: Is mentioned in the Uh John Stevens concept album Illinois.
Speaker 3: I don't think the I don't think the town is mentioned by again, but there is a reference. I mean, there's a whole song John Wayne Gacy Jr. And unfortunately he you know, kidnapped people who went to my high school. Oh my, he was also arrested in displays. That's where the final arrest was made.
Speaker 2: That's that's so two very clown like clown based things happening in your hometown, and then you become a third a proud tradition. How many podcasts was part of a proud clown clown based tradition.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I hate clowns, but I did find myself actually inspired by Chris Renfro to do clowney drag so that's fun. Yeah, living up to my legacy.
Speaker 2: And did I read that you have some kids bop background?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, that was my job singers. Yeah when I was twelve.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's the only way manager.
Speaker 3: To be the tour manager. And it's crazy, you know, between algebra class and that's from gym. But no, I made it work. My parents were very supportive. I didn't open casting when I was twelve. I just sent in a video of me singing and dancing and playing my instruments and wearing my I actually did costume changes. I changed my Fedora like twice.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was really into sh I thought I was like Minnie Jason Moras. Okay, and in a lot of ways I was, yeah, except for just not nearly as good of a singer. But I was twelve. Yeah, I was twelve. I watched that video recently. Yeah, and it is crazy.
Speaker 2: Your VHS rewatch. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I can't remember why it came up. My friend did a sketch at there's this sket show at UCB called Asketch and it's just like a monthly hour long sketch show. And they did a sketch called adult Spop where it's just former kids pop kids who have grown up into capitalize on that success, which is the story of my life.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure, so trying to reach those heady highs the early Yeah, there's nothing like singing the kids bop version of thrift Shop to like really make you feel like you're living your purpose. Oh shit, what so, like, do is there one that stands out to you as like your peak kids bup moment?
Speaker 3: I think it actually was thrift Shop And I'm not even joking, Like it was so funny and silly bars that every time we performed it, because we did we toured, We did like full tours around the country and sometimes up in Canada. Uh So that one was always the most fun range.
Speaker 1: Can you just can can you just give me the lyrics for the chorus into the first verse because I only remember, I know that it's twenty dollars. I'm hunt looking forward, come up. This is fucking awesome. And then then you say like, what up, I got a big cock? Yes, Like opening line is walk up in the club?
Speaker 3: Like, what up? I got a big and kids Bop changed it to walk up in the club, like whatever, I got a hit song.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm so pumped.
Speaker 3: He got some clothes from the thrift shop. There you go, this is so awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is really awesome, awesome, Yeah, it's super super awesome.
Speaker 2: Just replace fuck with really and it'll usually work. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I want to reel you.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Kids Bob does choose some crazy songs to cover, though, like songs that shouldn't have made the cut, like thrift Shop for example. But sometimes it's even it's even more like innuendo than that, and they just like throw a random word in there and call it a day. I know the guy who does it, forty year old gay man and he's just having a blast.
Speaker 2: Good for him. Yeah, that must be a great gig to just be like I kids bopify regular like hit songs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that is his job, Like there's he's not like overseeing well things, it's like that's the thing that he does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if you would, I would assume it's like an entire factory of people doing that. So the fact that it's one person is pretty yay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well maybe there is. There's got to be a writer's room actually, now that any think about it, but I only knew one.
Speaker 2: Sure. All right, well, Finn, we're thrilled to have you here. We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, a couple of stories we're talking about. We're going to talk about Trump trying to drown out, the Epstein survivors press conference with jet flyovers, specifically one of the survivors that was speaking and has an interesting history with him. Also, just any title, any headline that starts trump tried to drown ye am assuming the worst? Yeah yeah, sorry, I wrote Trump to drown out? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, but I was assuming there were babies or kittens involved. Maybe we'll talk about smartphones making your hemorrhoids worse? Is that plenty more? But even worse possible, all that plenty more. But first, Finn, we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are? Oh?
Speaker 3: Goodness, well, I'll see what tabs I have opened. You know. What I will say though, is I don't have a history, Like I'm just on incognito, so there's nothing saved. Wow, not that that's like mostly private or something.
Speaker 2: But I just activated.
Speaker 3: Okay it taps that I have opened right now are Edwin Jonker Height. He is playing Hades in Hadestown right now. Okay, I think in like Australia or something Australia.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, also, weirdly, I have task Master Australia open.
Speaker 2: Are you going to Australia or are you doing tasks for someone who's in Australia show?
Speaker 3: This is just some Yeah, it's a it's like a show, a comedy show where comedians do menial tasks and then they're in they're performance.
Speaker 2: Got it? Okay? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh best times to visit Japan I looked up recently?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah, fall and spring apparently. Yeah, that's what AI Overview has to say about it, Like fucking AI is taking my job as a Japanese person, I fucking hate it.
Speaker 3: Have you been?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, many times, many many, all the time, all the time.
Speaker 2: Every season.
Speaker 3: I'm really excited to go. My friend lives in Tokyo and I have been meaning to visit for years now, so I'm very excited.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's it's it's a good time. Although, you know, the fascism is creeping back up over there too, a lot of japan First nonsense bubbling up again. But anyway, no one's safe on this planet, you know, no one's safe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I haven't felt safe in years.
Speaker 2: Good good, good, good good. That's good. That's a real way. That's good.
Speaker 1: That's good shock for those of us who have not felt safe here after.
Speaker 2: Edward Edwin Jonker, How's how's the celebrity or you know a person who I'm watching on something? Height is always a fave search of mine. What what'd you find out?
Speaker 1: He was six too, and I was actually surprised because they usually cast like people who were at least six five to play hades.
Speaker 3: Wow, I don't know why, but that's just a recurring theme. So he is, as far as I know, the shortest hades to the.
Speaker 2: Shortest hades today.
Speaker 3: But he looks great doing it, and that is ultimately what I saw, and he was saying it and he looked fabulous, and I was just curious if he was six foot seven real?
Speaker 2: Was he giving six foot seven? Yea, like, were you like or was he not?
Speaker 1: And that's why you said, let me just look up the this is he's not giving me six y five, give me two.
Speaker 3: I was guessing like six four in my hearts, so I was still off by a bit. But he did seem a little shorter than I.
Speaker 2: Was used to.
Speaker 3: It was like I thought maybe it was the angle. I couldn't see anyone standing next to him. I think that he's trying to keep his height under wraps to keep the job of hades.
Speaker 2: No one during the rehearsals. Don't tell him I'm six too, okay, I'm standing no one near him.
Speaker 3: It's actually a really weird production where everyone's just sort of in the side of the stage even when he's not in the scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just doing dialogue from the wings exactly. Because there are actors who I feel like present taller than they actually are. I do wonder if they cast their friends and the people they go out in public with to kind of keep that illusion alive, you know. Yeah, I how much of your friend group are you basing around that kind of mind there towering over you a six to two that presents i'd say taller than six too.
Speaker 1: I present as six too. I wear a shirt that says I'm six too.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I like you to do the people think how tall are you six?
Speaker 3: To just have a card, It comes up a lot. I'm six to one, and I really resent it because I would love to be the size of a quarter, like physically and actually.
Speaker 2: The size of a quarter like the coin, the coin, Yeah, just just to get around the pocket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I just want to be kind of like a like Thumberlina a borrower. Yes, yes, yes, yeah, that's my greatest dream. We got to have dreams, I know. Yeah, And it's important to have unachievable dreams. And I have planned.
Speaker 2: Oh I think you're going to get there. I think you're going to get there based on.
Speaker 1: What I've heard, the trajectory you've been on, coming from Displaines all the way out to Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Next thing, you know, anything you put your mind to turn into the quarter with great Yeah, no, it's in my future hair. I usually we don't bring up our guests hair because then it would put pressure on every time we have a guest one to comment on their hair. But I think we can in this one instance. Yea, say, Finn has incredible.
Speaker 1: That main should be posted on Maine.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow, I'm honored, thank you so much. I'm actually about to.
Speaker 2: Cut it all off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what, you know, you know this whole thing.
Speaker 3: But this it's been growing out for a bit six two now.
Speaker 2: Oh wow? Yeah top not I six Uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm tired of it though it's so hot. And I actually I was brave and I turned off my AC for sound and I'm dying in here with this main.
Speaker 2: All right, quickly, we'll move on to the next thing. What's something underrated?
Speaker 3: Something I think is underrated is I just finished watching this show called Dragon Age Absolution, and it's based on a video game, and it is so good and so gay, and I don't know anyone who's watched it, and I was actually really surprised that it was gay. Uh No, I don't know. I just I watched a lot of animation and to get main characters that are gay and don't like die immediately after they kiss is so rare, especially in fantasy, Like it's this phenomenon. If there are gay men in any like genre, they will be like star cross lovers and probably won't even get to kiss, but you'll just know that they are lovers and it's implied, and then one of them will die and that happens every single time. It's crazy. So this one was great. There's actually like half of the main cast is gay and they're out here sucking and fucking and you know, fighting dragons. Oh yeah, I loved it, and I don't know of anyone who's watched it, and there's only one season in six episodes, and I'm pretty sure it's canceled, but in the way that Netflix doesn't cancel stuff, they just never renew it, right right, right, Yeah, So I think people should watch that.
Speaker 1: It's Oh it does a voice on there too, Mort Burke's wife.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty cool. Ashley Birch, yeah, Quitian.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, such a fun character.
Speaker 2: Dragons are really you know, I have a nine and a seven year old, and like the most popular book series right now with kids that age is Wings of Fire, which is just a book series where everyone's dragons, like like the characters themselves. Yeah, yeah, dragging, yeah, just dragging it all. Yeah, and they're yeah, everybody seems obsessed with that. Like I am searching on a fairly regular basis wings of Fire adaptation, Like there was a project that was in development that like went away, but it's a so when daddy is there, like, are we going to get a wings Fire? Do you think it'll be? Like when I'm in high school? And so I think.
Speaker 1: That's that's when I kept asking my parents about an X Men movie as a kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when are they going to make the movie?
Speaker 5: Or this?
Speaker 2: When's the movie? Like you gotta wait, gotta wait?
Speaker 3: Have a potential recommendation for kids, and well Dragon ages yeah great. And then also there is another show called The Dragon Prince and I'm sorry, like my hyperfixation is animation. I watch it all the time, so I could go on and on and on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, The Dragon Prince is amazing and it's a lot of TV. I think it's like seven seasons, maybe even more, but it's pretty dragon heavy, and they talk and they have personalities not.
Speaker 2: All an out here too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really great. It's actually one of the producers I think of Avatar, the Last Airbender made thish Okay, I see a Parallel might have been one of the creators too, But the voice of Sokka is the main character in this show and it's great. It's also I think like not enough people watched it. But that's how I feel about Like all of my underrated things are just animated shows that no one's heard of. Like Infinity Train, Oh my god, is the best show ever. I just found out a mutual friend of mine wrote on it. I had no idea and it's so good, but you can't find it anywhere because it was lost in the merger of like Warm.
Speaker 1: One of those Yeah, fucking there's so many fucking shows like that.
Speaker 3: And it's so many animations too. Like a couple of my favorite shows are just nowhere to be found now, right Infinity Train, Summer Camp Island, and I would literally I'm saying, don't torrent, No, no one torrent ever except for maybe.
Speaker 1: If you do want to watch these shows, then you should. Except for Metal, you really shouldn't because of like that's really bad to do. But yeah, or find or find maybe some people from the crew and vemo them some money out of guilt.
Speaker 3: You know, you should yeah, actually that's the sweet thought.
Speaker 1: I'll yeah, sorry, I just bit torrented the whole series. Here's like thirteen bucks. Can you slip that amongst everyone?
Speaker 2: So, did you steal from the oil industry? Yes? Then why would you steal from the film indo? I said, yes, all right, the first flock. I gotta stop using the oil industry. That's the worst example. Let's from the cops. Let's take a quick break. We'll come back, talk overrated and get into some news. And we're back and Finn, we do like to ask our guests on this show, in addition to what's something you think is underrated, what's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You know, I was thinking about this a lot over the last couple of days, and I was trying to come up with something more interesting. But the answer I kept on coming back to is just chocolate.
Speaker 2: Wow, chocolate in general.
Speaker 3: Yeah, chocolate and being right were the two things that that kept on popping up for me.
Speaker 1: Do you think you're right about this take about chocolate being overrated?
Speaker 3: I honestly don't care either way. It is good you're liberated. I'm liberated. I like being wrong. I like admitting when I'm wrong, and I like failing at stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I gotta go to that therapist. You're talking about the big blue building on Fountain, right, Yeah, that's the one. Yeah, okay, I'm gonna blue building on Fountain.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: My therapist is really cool. He's been in a lot of Mission Impossible movies.
Speaker 2: That's sick, okay, so encouraging her lot of energy, like almost an overpowering amount of energy.
Speaker 3: It has the energy of someone who sicks too, but is ultimately five seven five.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see in person, you don't know it. You like most actors that I see in person, I'm like, wow, much smaller than I was expecting. Tom Cruise walked past him. I think he might have been hovering a few inches off the ground, so that might.
Speaker 3: Have me Nicole Kidney, she hovers. Oh yeah, yeah, she's gonna never see her toes touch the ground.
Speaker 1: She has fucking ourra She moves through wat she moves through the earth like in a Spike Lee floating shot. This is funny because you asked about Mars Attacks. There's a there's a character in Mars Attacks. There's like this big alien woman and she like when she moves, you don't see her take steps like she's wearing a long dress and she just glides.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: That was what Nicole Kimmer was doing ye when I saw her anyway. But chocolate, really, yeah, chocolate, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean it's good and I'm not saying it isn't, but I think people are just obsessed with it and it freaks me out. Sometimes it's just like like, yeah, it's good, but could you shut the fuck up for a second.
Speaker 1: Wait, what's give me an example of someone who is obsessed with chocolate that is feeding this over it up.
Speaker 3: It's like, I don't like chocolate that much, but I can't be that it's good. But then people are like are dying for it, like they want chocolate cake. It's double fudged chocolate with chocolate frosting. And I'm like, can we take a breath? Like can we throw some some like vanilla butter cream on here?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: As they wear yeah, and then they me hard and I don't understand.
Speaker 4: Know.
Speaker 3: There's like chocolate stores, Like I walk into a chocolate store and I'm like, okay, yeah, but it's all chocolate. What is there?
Speaker 1: There's a chocolate dispensary in Echo Park that's like called this, and so many people walk in thinking that it's a week. They're so wet like weed chocolate, and I'm just like, that's how they get your ass.
Speaker 3: It's chocolate.
Speaker 2: It's for people, purveyors of chocolate. And you want the people who are already high to then go into the chocolate store. Then people trying to get high, but maybe like they'll remember by some miracle that they went into the chocolate store after they find the real dispersery. Yeah, I'm making a joke about.
Speaker 3: Munchies, you got, Yeah, the monkeys. I have been there though, and I was just like, these are all just chocolate, chocolate, right, And the one thing they I was I was like excited to try. They had a shot of chocolate of like melted chocolate and and you know what, it was just chocolate, you know, like it was And I think that I personally, y'all got it right the first time, Like a chocolate bar is great, put it on it's more, that's fine, but it's gone too far and I have to put my foot down. I do think chocolate is overrated.
Speaker 2: This ends today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the one time I had something that was chocolate that was new and I was like, oh, okay, that's something different was when I went to Spain, like and they drink hot like they're hot chocolate.
Speaker 2: Did you like a churo out there? I was like, oh, this is a fucking vibe kind of half hot chocolate, half like melted chocolate. It was like so rich, thick. Yeah, yeah, it's you're basically doing dippies.
Speaker 4: Now look at us, we're going off like a couple of Chocolate's what I'm talking about. Like this is bring up on someone's podcast that chocolate's overrated and they're like, actually, that makes me think about how fucking good chocolate different.
Speaker 1: It'll change your life.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's unexpected.
Speaker 7: You think it's going to be a solid, but it's it's drinkable and you can dip your chiro into it and achiro. This is what I'm talking about. Like people are obsessed with chocolate and that's fine. It's just I personally think it's. Yeah, it doesn't do much for me.
Speaker 2: It does remind me of like people who are like I don't eat, Like, I wouldn't waste my calories on a sweet thing like that unless it has weed in it, you know, like that that's a just specific things. Yeah, calorie, yeah, yeah, being like, well, that's a that's wasted if it doesn't have weed in interesting. You know people who are like weed in everything. I don't know. Maybe I just know like a couple of people like that.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I've.
Speaker 1: Been listeners, he's not taking shots of me, because that's.
Speaker 2: Not I'm not You're not a weed food consumer.
Speaker 1: No, No, I don't need to eat weed all the time. That's like I don't even like. I don't even like edibles because they just make me sleepy. I don't get like those that I see other people off edibles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's the ya relationship to weed? Are y'all out here?
Speaker 1: Weed and I have been in love since junior high? Yeah we're sweethearts. Yeah we were sweethearts.
Speaker 2: Bout your sweethearts? Yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah. And I'm sober so I don't partake. Also, when I wasn't sober and I smoked weed, I would have a nervous breakdown every time, and I kept doing We powered through a Jackie because I wanted to be cool.
Speaker 3: I will be a pothead if it's the last thing I do.
Speaker 2: I just want to be chill, like everybody else. You just age so fast because of the stress. Every time I smoke weed, I age like a president. Oh my god, you are so like Lincoln in eighth grade.
Speaker 3: I I feel that I stopped h smoke looking about it a year ago. But I'm I'm sober, and yeah I do. I do miss it sometimes, But uh, I've never had that inkling to like. I don't. I don't like edibles. They always freaked me out. They made me feel crazy. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: No, you're on the right track.
Speaker 1: You're on your way to being becoming a quarter fin and then you want to focus on that.
Speaker 2: You stay off the weed. You got beautiful hair, You're going to be an LSD become.
Speaker 1: Next time we have Finn on, they might be a quarter Poe entirely.
Speaker 3: My therapist did give me actionable items, and so every day I'm one step closer.
Speaker 1: Let's do that quarter affirmation every morning.
Speaker 3: You are a quarter.
Speaker 2: You are you are even though I'm not a quarter.
Speaker 1: I wholly and completely accept myself even though I'm not a quarter yet, I wholly and completely accept myself.
Speaker 2: Now that's a quitter's mentality. You just have to nuts you got to do it. You need. You got to accept yourself, and that's part of the e f T.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like my other what was the under underrated thing or overrated like failing?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, being right?
Speaker 3: Being right is overrated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true, that's true. Love. I love to admit that I'm wrong. Yeah, I love to learn that I'm wrong, and then yeah.
Speaker 1: I love to learn from the listeners I'm wrong, and then I ignore it exactly because my ego cannot handle it.
Speaker 3: That's true. Yeah, No, I get it. I think I kind of like the process. I do feel like dumb, so it is it is helpful to kind of embrace that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. The only people I trust are people who can admit that they're dumb a lot of the time. Oh yeah. Well, one thing you can do when if somebody is saying something that suggests that you're wrong, is you can drown them out with a jet engine. Is something that I've seen attempted fairly recently, such as on Wednesday afternoon, when a group of women that have suffered abuse from Jeffrey Epstein and Gilane Maxwell held a press conference with representatives Thomas Massey and Rocanna to speak out talk about that some for the very first time, and yeah, it was powerful.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean every person that spoke, they were all urging members of the House to back the discharge petition that Thomas Massey is trying to get through, basically saying like, if they get enough signatures, they can force a vote and put everyone in the House like to a vote to be like, are you going to release the Epstein files?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Or no? I Mean, I don't know what that will do long.
Speaker 1: Term, but hopefully enough people will support it. And that's what was one of the points of this press conference was to actually bring these survivors out to humanize them, to show that this is not a fucking hoax. These are human beings that suffer untold fucking horrors with Epstein, Maxwell and all of the associates, and you know, all of everything that these women said was like really powerful about how like the lack of transparency and justice has like prevented them from like being able to move forward with their lives and like even be able to so many things are hazy to them because of the trauma that like they are having trouble piecing together what even happened to them. And like I said, many emphasize that Trump's like hoax defense is just bullshit because what they experienced was very real and requires justice swiftly. But in short, the press conference was a blow to Trump and the idea that this whole saga is some kind of Joe Biden's smear campaign. But like you said, Jack, Trump was probably not doing well with the idea of these people speaking publicly because you ordered to fucking military jets to do a flyover near the capital as a way to interrupt them.
Speaker 2: Is that like that that's definitely that's just so yeah, it's just like so transparent. I don't know. Again, Like I've talked before about like I took a week off of the show and came back and like the first thing that hit me is just like how obviously guilty. Everything he's doing is like being against the release of the files just from the start. It's like so just suddenly being like, actually, I don't think we should release him at all. It is like so wild to do. To use your power as the commander in chief of the military to stage military jet flyovers to drown out the words of victims that you are implicated in is just like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's the behavior of a middle school boy who knows he's losing an argument, where you start saying that, yeah, really, like, won't let you finish your sentence.
Speaker 2: I'm plugging my ears with jet engines. I can't hear you.
Speaker 1: I have f eighteens flying over strategic flyover during this, Like it was known days before though too, that this was going to happen alongside this press conference. So like when it happened, it was just really fucking just menacing and disturbing. So the timing was wild too. So here I'm gonna play a clip from Shanta Davis, one of the survivors, being asked, you know, whether or not she was asked like someone from the press, like, can someone you speak about Epstein and Maxwell? How they said that they knew Donald Trump? And she s gets up to the podium to begin to speak, and then we get a bit of a military Hey, how are you My first.
Speaker 6: Trip to the Palm Beach residence, I drove there from the airport with Glenn Maxwell and the Jeffrey and Elynn were always very boastful about their friends, their famous or powerful friends, and his biggest brag forever was that he was very good friends with Donald Trump. He had an eight by tim framed picture of him on his desk with the two of them, like they were very close.
Speaker 1: So you can hear a little bit of that. So it gets even like that was just like the tail end of one because prior to that, Sorry, just real.
Speaker 2: Quick, do you have any like eight by ten framed pictures of you and your friends? I mean I think, like, I don't know. I guess it's a question. Are you a person with like pick like desk pictures, like a lot of pictures on your desk.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not a desk picture person, but I have you know, before the house burned out, we have like a hall of friendship photos where like all the homies were represented in photographs on your desk, not on my desk, but in but very prominently in my home to know, like these are the important people in my life.
Speaker 2: On your desk feels like that is where people have the leicture.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, yeah, I have, Yes, I have the geist child and her majesty. Yeah, my wife and child. That those are photos that I have.
Speaker 2: This is what I have on my picture that on my desk. That's it. It's me and my wife my kids.
Speaker 3: Right, And can I also say, like that's a normal size eight by ten is crazy eight by ten?
Speaker 2: That's printer paper like a four by six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true, just some massive print out like you have to special order that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right now, bigger. I want people to really know how good of friends we are. So just before that, Anushka to Georgio is another survivor, spoke about how appalled she was to hear that Glenne Maxwell was transferred to Club fed you know, like a super low security prison, in a move that, like, given the crimes that she was convicted of, violates every procedural, procedural norm and regulation that exists, like within the president yeah, within the you know, thecarcial system of the United States. This is her speaking and very again strategically.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: The jets are flying over constantly, but it's it's interesting when she's speaking specifically, and I'll get to that in a moment.
Speaker 8: After this, I was horrified when I found out not only had Helen Maxwell been transferred to what it's called, you know, a low security it's really is like a like a holiday camp.
Speaker 5: And then afterwards I got a notification from the Department of justice telling me that this was going to happen when it had already happened, this woman abuse children.
Speaker 2: That's loud enough that literally everybody inside there's like thirty people inside the frame of this news press conference, and everybody is like looking up. That's a yeah, Like I obviously this is coming through a microphone that is like supposed to be drowning out background noise, and still it's like deafening. And to be there in person, it seems like it was just overwhelming, like chest rattling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's just menacing to hear those plans just fly over. But again the flyover brief, it didn't deter these women. And Annushka de Georgio happens to have a very specific relationship to Trump because she was introduced to him by Gallaine Maxwell in nineteen ninety seven. And at the time the press in the UK was talking about this relationship between this woman and Donald Trump. It was like Trump's britt, Trump's brit of all right, just weeks after ditching his second wife, America's best known billionaire, Donald Trump has fallen under the spell of a twenty year old English girl. Yeah, yeah, she's a witch, imply that she's a witch.
Speaker 2: What the fuck are they talking about?
Speaker 1: So then the way it was written about in the nineties, it's just now like now, knowing what we know, it sounds so ominous. So quote Trump met London model and a Nushka de Georgio at a party in Manhattan. Several American millionaires already had their eyes on her, but she was there with Robert Maxwell's daughter, Gilaine, who was introduced, who has introduced several of her attractive friends to the property developer. The article goes on to say, quote Trump flew Madame Maxwell, which you're like, what wow? So they know sure, and the model south to the Sunshine State, where all three enjoyed a happy weekend together. When they returned to New York and Nushka was installed in one of Donald's many apartments.
Speaker 3: There, Jesus Christ installed as crazy word.
Speaker 1: That's not you don't install a person, You install furniture, you install software.
Speaker 2: You can install an armed guard. I feel like I've heard it in that context before, like they've installed armed guards. That the you know, you don't you don't install.
Speaker 1: I guess maybe could be a human being, but serves a very specific singular function. Yes, exactly, which is just anyway, and then you know she spoke like she testified against Gallaine Maxwell she was basically being abused by Jeffrey Epstein, and after that, Epstein just handed her over essentially.
Speaker 2: And this is someone who has has.
Speaker 1: A story to tell, for fucking sure, just reading that thing about how the three of them were kicking into Florida and then later she was installed in one of his apartments. I mean, That'ssari like rather than the DOJ like asking the convicted predator doing Jim Maxwell, ask.
Speaker 2: Him Maxwell what her version of events is. We have victims who have like said they're victims.
Speaker 1: As to them, who's above board not the person who's the perpetrator of the crime. Anyway, It's it was a very very fucked up moment. But again, I mean this just all of this has brought even more emphasis and more pressure now on Republicans to sort this out, and they're trying everything they can, Like they're just doing like the Oversight Committee like released a statement that sort of like it wasn't really like a lawful resolution. But it's like the DOJ will release the documents because we asked them to at a time that they want it's like very It's not like Kawhi Leonard's like, you know, contract, yeah, treat Flaker. It's like if they feel like they can opt out at any time. So there's nothing really binding about this, but at least we get to say we did something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's uh, it's a he couldn't look any more guilty. And then like you hear that story and it's like, well, so there's a trafficking victim that was introduced in quotes to him by the trafficker in question, Like, what else do you possibly need? Like, I don't understand how this is not blaring from the front pages of every fucking newspaper.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, no, it's wild how fast the conversation around this has died down to me, like it should be everywhere all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean it definitely died down in like the little the six or four weeks last four weeks or so, when Mike Johnson hit the panic button and was like, get everybody out of DC because we can't. We don't want to be asked any more to pass something or vote on something related to the evacuated the building. Basically, yeah, And now that they're back, though, i'd say, the pre Sure campaign is right back where I guess it is, but we'll see what.
Speaker 2: It doesn't seem like it's getting as much pick up. I'll say that, like, I think you're right, finn It feels like it's died down in terms of the mainstream media's pickup of it.
Speaker 1: And they're because who knows what threats are being thrown around by this administration already. I mean, you've already seen We've already seen newsroom after newsroom capitulate to the administration, and even what you hear from Congress people saying that Trump is personally calling people to be like, don't even fucking think about voting for this shit. Yeah, you can only imagine what kind of other intermediaries they used to even.
Speaker 2: Chill the press even more, right, the press already pretty chill. So that's very chill. Yeah, chill. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back. We'll talk about bad things the phone, our phones are doing to us. We'll be right back and or back and just two slightly related stories about things, bad things smartphone doing to our brain and bad things smartphone doing to our assholes. Okay, so apparently it significantly raises the risk of getting hemorrhoids. According to a study, Those described in a CNN article that presumably a lot of people read while sitting on the toilet.
Speaker 1: Oh so not just using a smartphone will give you hemorrhoids.
Speaker 2: It's sitting on the toilet with it. Yeah, using it?
Speaker 3: Well, okay, is it sitting on the toilet specifically or is it just like sitting anywhere?
Speaker 2: I think they're specifically sitting on the toilet. Reportedly, quote, regular smartphone use on the toilet was associated with a forty six percent greater risk of having hemorrhoids because apps are designed to distract us and people are losing track of time. And sitting on the toilet for a long time is especially bad because the open toilet seat compresses the rectal area.
Speaker 1: There's nothing underneath there just to support your rectum, so it's just a light to push.
Speaker 2: Your rectal floor. Is getting a get to rouse? Yeah, And this is related to this other story I saw recently about the growth of executive function coaches to fix basically, you know, they're like, well, all of a sudden, we're seeing people who have worse ability to follow through on tasks, and like basically executive function is this new term for our brain's ability. It's like they consider it like our brain's air traffic controller that can like kind of juggle tasks and allows you to do a job where there's like multiple important tasks and you have to like choose which one to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like impulse control and just keeping track of shit, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, keeping track of things like navigating friendships on top of your job on time. People are like feeling very overwhelmed. And in the past, so this was usually used to describe like a deficiency in people with ADHD and people like on the spectrum, and they found that these executive function coaches could help people, like when you would give them an executive punk, a coach that focused on executive function, it would like help them improve. But now like everyone is having these same problems, and it seems pretty obvious to me that it's because everyone is working all the time. An on call in the middle of the night, Like it's like that used to be the thing that you would see it in movies, where like it was a cop would get a call.
Speaker 1: In the middle of the night, or like a CIA officer, yeah, or the president or just.
Speaker 3: Robin Williams and any of his characters.
Speaker 2: Robin Williams would have just a red phone. That was like, we've got to get Robin Williams on the phone. But now we all have that like red phone on them, you know, on the desk that like and it can ring at any time and you're like, oh, there's an emergency. And now it's funny. The article that's writing about this, I think was in like Business Insider, and so they keep kind of going back and forth. The description is like, you know, we have more distractions today than ever, like kind of fault is partially our fault. You know, we're digitally We're just a digitally distracted bunch of silly billies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys, just since everyone wanted to design algorithms that keep people stuck to their phones God.
Speaker 2: And cut off your IV drip of tiktoks to do your job.
Speaker 3: They they got me good though. I was kind of like very anti smartphone before twenty twenty, and then lockdown happened and I was just lonely. So I got an iPhone and I have not been the same since.
Speaker 1: Oh you were off the iPhone prior to lockdowns?
Speaker 3: I well, yeah, but it wasn't like I did have an iPhone at like before then, and then I switched to like a dumb dumb phone. Wow, and that was great and I actually loved it. And I haven't been able to justify going back to it though, because like this article is saying, like the scaffolding of workplace environments that I'll designate start and end times is like gone now yea, So I feel this pressure, and I think everyone does to feel like available for work stuff, oh twenty four to seven, or even for like friendships too, Like it was really nice having this stupid phone because it was so hard to text, and I would just call people and I would make plans and then I would meet at that place at a certain time, and it just there wasn't a lot of changing of plans or if someone canceled then I'd just be alones somewhere for a bit. And that was actually nice too.
Speaker 2: That's okay, you get a little bit of alone time. We were just talking about this trend that I was listening to another podcast where they were talking about people like sharing their location so that friends can like track the location of other friends, and it was like they were they were At first, I was like, oh, they're gonna talk about how weird that is. And then the two hosts of the show were like, yeah, and we do that and that's like normal, but you just like can't be a weird stalker about it. I'm just like even that like feels like extra being on all the time, Like just always having everybody like have access to you anytime you want. Feels like like rough environment for a human brain to exist in.
Speaker 1: I don't we already live in like a metaphorical panopticon, so to make it the real thing to be like no, and they know where I am at all, I'm always being watched is a little whatever.
Speaker 2: I mean, I do that.
Speaker 1: Her majesty is always like can you share your location with me? And I'm like yeah, yeah, yeah. But then she's like you didn't leave the house at all, And I'm like, what the fuck is this?
Speaker 2: Like I'm on trial here by the fucking I'm cooking spaghetti for the baby.
Speaker 1: I had to do working things sorvy.
Speaker 2: I mean, they do talk about the how COVID really like they're like, COVID happened. It taxed adults executive functioning because like now we no longer have like a at work division. It's like we're always kind of at work. But then after COVID they say that, you know a quote, modern life is stretching everyone's mental capacity to the brink. The experts I spoke with point to the endless interruptions and cheap dopamine hits of our digital devices as one obvious culprit, like in addition to research suggests that the digital world can warp our perception of time, which would logically affect how well we manage our time, which, yeah, that makes sense. These are like the apps are designed by people who like in the past used to do psychological experiments on like rats and shit, Like now they're designing apps to make it so that we can't tell how much time has passed. Like the the weirdest experience I've ever had, I think it was the angry like playing Angry Birds when that was the thing and like the late aughts and like just being like, oh my god, like forty minutes just disappeared and I didn't notice it at all. Like it's just like it was like time traveling TikTok.
Speaker 1: I definitely time travel on TikTok, which yeah, I'm not I'm not proud of how many times I've gotten the Hey, motherfucker, you've been scrolling an awful lot. Maybe put this shit down. Like even the fucking dope dealer.
Speaker 3: Was like, hey, come on, man, give it the TikTok apps say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like one of the next videos that would come up was like from the TikTok community thing where someone was like, hey, just remember you know when you're scrolling a lot to take a break or whatever, And I'm like, what the fuck an hour, fifteen minutes has gone by.
Speaker 2: You've got a beard? Yeah, the yeah, but I don't know. Yeah, it's in addition to you know, this thing that used to be reserved for like the hardest job in the world of like being president, like the red phone on your desk, like you also have a casino in your pocket with like apps for work and like media consumption and like all these things like those are all designed to addict you and just like get you lost, like lose you in time and space.
Speaker 1: So it's it's funny when they go like modern life, it's like you're talking about late stage capitalism.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, fucking assholes, that's what don't Let's thanks for the euphemism, But like people are being ground to dust for nothing, and like in other times, and maybe your wages were actually substantial, then at least you could like do something because you had some kind of excess income to like blow your steam off.
Speaker 1: But now people have to have multiple jobs just to fucking get by, and you're on call all the time, Like maybe talk about that rather than your company being like and we're giving out yoga mats on Monday, so come by. Yeah, exactly, we love it. We love a wellness program.
Speaker 2: They do talk about the wellness programs article.
Speaker 3: It spooks me how these apps too are Like like TikTok, I didn't use until when they were when it was like going to be banned. Yeah, I downloaded it because I was like, I want to see what this is like everyone loves it and I won't have the risk of being addicted to it because it's about saying to be banned, right, But obviously that didn't happen, and I downloaded it, and now I'm addicted to TikTok. But it's wild to me how every third TikTok is an ad and yeah, there's a shop within the app, like I mean, Instagram is addictive too, but it's it's not a little more selling to me, Like the way TikTok is like put your credit card in this app, oh right, now, press the button and you can buy a new hair brush, which I did, you know, Like Instagram will be like your hair Yeah, Instagram now go to their website to go by the thing where we're still a buffer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and even now like people are live with their TikTok shops, like where you can just go on your own like handheld QVC show where you're watching somebody's oh fucking candy or whatever. I'm luckily every third video. Yeah, I've I've definitely weaned myself off of the tiktoks as at least when I was like peak tiktoking, like at twenty twenty two. That was a bad run. That was a bad run for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's uh yeah, so I don't know. It just feels like a thing that I always like, my my most hopeful self is like we're gonna look back on this the way we did smoking and be like, man, I can't believe we did that to ourselves. But I also like, I don't know, like I could also see it just being like worse and worse and like we look back on this and be like, oh, those are the good old days before everything was so seamless that we just like lived in Wally universe where it was just like we were constantly in a slipstream of like consumption.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I see it's slowing down because I I mean, when you think about it, it's replacing so many quote unquote normal human things we used to do, like socialize or like fucking even like read books. Like there was a new thing about how Americans are falling off like with reading so quickly. It's like wild, Like I think there's a study it was twenty eight percent of people who've read for pleasure in two thousand and four. It's at sixteen percent in twenty twenty three. And it's just like, yeah, it just keeps falling off. It keeps falling off, Like people don't even read for pleasure in the UK.
Speaker 2: Eighteen percent of people read for pleasure in the twenty three in the United States.
Speaker 3: Jeez, that's bleak.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Twitter counts right, I can read.
Speaker 3: Yeah, twit was that was a veriable.
Speaker 1: I mean, because it's like many it's because it's not just like the technology, it's also like our education system, like it's multifaceted, it's purely not that. But like I also see now how people like are they just find pleasure from their phones? Yeah, and that's such a fucking grim reality.
Speaker 3: We're saying something earlier about like how it's replacing normal daily activities, like the availability through smartphone, and I definitely found that, Like when I stopped, I did try to go back to a dumb phone, but it's almost impossible, like the way that work, it works for people, and like social life works for people, you really are removing yourself from the way everyone's functioning now and right right it is a pretty isolating thing, is what I discover it. And it can work if you're okay with that, But also like everyone else is assuming that you're on the same wavelength as them, like you're able to be in an I message group chat, or you're going to hit them back on Instagram if they invite you to something like there, it's really hard to maintain a social life without a smartphone. It's just you have to do it so differently and the world doesn't built for that anymore.
Speaker 1: Or I don't like how I'm or how I did it, like pre smartphone in high school, like there's that one friend who always knew what was going on, so that Hey, what's going on.
Speaker 2: I'm not on Instagram? Can you tell what's happening this weekend? Okay, Okay, thank you, thank you. I used to laugh at Jenine Garoffalo because she was like I remember in the aughts, she was like the last person I had heard of who was like, yeah, I don't really go online, I don't mess with like digital anything. I was like, okay, Jenny, Okay. Tom Hanks from Castaway sounds good. And now I'm I am that person where I'm just like I mean, I'm not, but like I be that and like, oh that is like that sounds right to me. That's like that is the ideal. I mean it's not possible, but.
Speaker 1: Well, I think we're so much of the digital era has allowed people to lose their teather to like the real simple things that keep us present as human beings. Yeah, you know where people are experiencing like moments of nature through a phone screen. When I get like when you in a city or something, it's not as readily available to you, but there are just certain sensations that you get from your body from just being present that are so fulfilling in a way that I feel like we lose track of shit like that, and it's so easy to get swept up in well that the nonsense I'm seeing on my phone is my entire reality, when like if you just look up and around you, that's not what's unfolding in front of your eyes. It's something completely different, And I think reminding ourselves of that is so fucking important.
Speaker 2: We talked last week about how there's these AI kitten videos that are just like a series of images of this really chubby, adorable orange cat, not always like they don't always look exactly the same, but like it's something that the AI is iterating on and like you just like see horrible things happen to the cat, like really sad things. Well, like people are feeling like this outpourent people, like a lot of the reposting of it, These are going like hugely viral, and a lot of the reposting of it as people being like, uh not me, like crying at this video of this chubby cat that's clearly AI. And I was like I had this really like bleak vision of like outside of if you're like completely looking at this from the outside, it's like we're cut off from each other and from like interaction with nature, and so we have robots making videos that are just like milking us of our normal human interactions like that. It's like a fucking like mechanical like calf's mouth that is like milking a cow and like a milking factory, and like we're just sitting there being like I feel the emotion and like moving forward with that shit. And it's just like that, and they're doing it to extract like our feelings but also like extract time from us so that we stay we're expressing this natural human emotion and we're like, okay, that is where I get that emotion now and stay there. Yeah, exactly right by things.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, slippery fucking slope, I think, yeah, yeah, yeah, oh no, we're fully.
Speaker 2: We're mid uh, we're right in the middle of the slippery you.
Speaker 1: Know when you see somebody like slipping on ice and like the first because they haven't quite gone down. We're like maybe on that third step where you still think you got it.
Speaker 2: Man, We're we are parallel to the ground.
Speaker 3: We are once we.
Speaker 1: Actually hit our head terribly five years ago, and now we still we're.
Speaker 3: Slipping on the bump bump the size of a grapefruit on our forehead. Yeah yeah, screaming down the hill.
Speaker 2: There's a there are two birds flying around our house, flying around our heads.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think we need to bring back being bored, sitting sitting outside, staring at nothing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm still I'm always impressed when I don't have my phone, and I'm just not even like being like high or anything, like I can just purely be like, Okay, I've been staring at this thing for like five minutes and it's just like a tree.
Speaker 2: Great, let's move on.
Speaker 1: Let's move on because that Oh god, it's time to feel bad for these kids, man, Jack. We got to protect these kids.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm trying, but it does feel like you're just like, I don't know, it's like a losing battle, right, not a losing battle necessarily, but yeah, like I think about that. There's this Onion headline that's like a quote unquote cool dad exposing his kids to like a bunch of cultural references that will have them completely cut off from their generation. It's like a dad showing his kids, like stop making sense with the talking heads, And I think about that all the time because I'm like, am I doing that because I'm not letting them like play rollblocks and shit like that. But like I kind of don't give a fuck, Like I don't know, yeah.
Speaker 3: I think don't give a fuck about that. Yeah yeah, I mean not making sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, trippy because like I said, my mom took me to see a fucking Italian art film about a famous Castrado singer. My dad showed me David like you know, fucking Naked Lunch and eraser Head when I was way too young I was, and but they also like didn't I wasn't fucking with video games still like late in the game because they weren't buying me that shit. But the things I still think about, like with like great admiration and love and appreciation was just all this different shit that I was exposed to, because that completely expands what you think, like that the the deck of possibilities you know, in your mind, like especially with art and things like that.
Speaker 2: I don't think anyone's ere like.
Speaker 1: I can't believe I was exposed to this, these kinds of human human artistic expression as a child, Like you really fucking kept me on the wrong foot my entire life. I think, you know, I think showing your kids stop making sense is totally good. You start showing the Max Headroom clips the.
Speaker 2: Shit that even I don't think is cool. Finn. Such a pleasure having you. Thank you so much for staying with us for so long. On the daily side, guys, where can people find you? Follow you? Hear you all that good stuff?
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for having me. Y'all are wonderful. My name is Argus. It's uh that on all the all the things. I I'm about to put out some music too, so if you want to listen to that, it'll just be my name. Got an album coming out.
Speaker 2: Completely not kids bop, No, it's.
Speaker 3: Adult spop now I'm trying to Yeah. And then of course I got the podcast One of Us with Chris Renfro and that is being released every week, so if you want to check that out, it's an improv interview podcast and it's very silly and fantastical.
Speaker 1: Chris artistic director now yeah, yeah, Chris is the artistic dress director at UCBC b l A.
Speaker 3: Congrats to Chris.
Speaker 2: Congrats to Chris, and we big give a big congrats to Chris Renfro.
Speaker 3: Fives for Chris Refro.
Speaker 2: Going to do more on this episode. We fucked up. We're you know, our our marketing team is you know telling us incorporate more booms into our show. We don't have a marketing team.
Speaker 3: Finn I give you all five booms.
Speaker 2: We thank you for That's what we've been looking for. Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 3: A work of media? Yeah, yeah, I've been listening to the album Live at Revolution Hall by Adrian Linker, and it is like forty to fifty songs and a lot of them are just like lo fi cassette recordings or live performances on stage and.
Speaker 2: It's really good.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and it's very slow and a little boring. So yeah, get you something something to sit with for an hour and a half if you've got the timer, attention span.
Speaker 2: Wonderful miles Where can people find you? Is there a working media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 1: Yeah, find me everywhere at Miles of Gray. Sophia and I will be back with for twenty Day Fiance next week, so you could count on that. A work of media I'm really enjoying is at Rogers naf dot besky Dot Social posted Florida man appoints himself chair of the twenty twenty eight Olympics. Who does that? And it's a photo of Hitler? Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that's so.
Speaker 2: That's so. You can find me on Twitter, Jack Underscore o Brian on Blue Sky Jack ob the number one working media I've been enjoying. I don't know did I shout out Josh Sharp's show today that I saw when I was back in New York.
Speaker 1: I think I might have forgotten too, maybe not with me.
Speaker 2: So funny. Everybody who is in New York should go check that shut out. It's so funny. It's in it's also in the West Village, and it's right next to one of my favorite pizza places in New York, Bleaker Street Pizza. So you can make a great night of it. You can find us on Twitter and Blue Sky at Daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist. On Instagram. You can go to the description of this episode wherever you're listening to it, and there at the bottom you will find the footnotes where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy, Miles, is there a song that you think that people might enjoy?
Speaker 1: Continued to listening to Antone Exem's musical career. The former NFL safety turned like psych pop musician who is again I think making the to me the best music I've heard from a former professional athlete, especially a football player. This is like one of his early tracks called Dark Kept Secret, and it feels like a demo for like a TV on the radio track or something just really chill.
Speaker 2: His vocals are really cool, very tune day like.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Dark Kept Secret by Exem e Xum.
Speaker 2: We will link off to that in the footnotes. The Daily Zeit Guy is a production by Heart Radio. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio w ap Apple podcast. Wherever you listen to your favorite shows, that's going to do it for us this week. We're back on Saturday with the highlights from the week the Weekly Zeitgeist, and then back on Monday with a whole last episode of the show and we will talk to you all then have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 1: The Daily Zeit Guys is executive produced by Catherine Law.
Speaker 3: Co produced by Bee Wang.
Speaker 1: Co produced by Victor Wright, co written by J M McNab
Speaker 2: Edited and engineered by Justin Conner,