Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Lola is on the phone today for a first day follow up and she's getting ghosted by Dante. So we're going to see if we can get him on the phone in just a few minutes, ask him why he's ghosting her, and maybe get her another date if she still wants one. But first, Lola, how long has it been since your date with Dante?
Speaker 3: It was like week and a half, almost two weeks ago. We met at this at this bar close to where I work. It was happy hour.
Speaker 2: Have you tried to get a hold of him in that time or have you texted him since your date?
Speaker 3: Yes, I've texted him a couple of times and literally no response. Like the first time he was like, Hey, I'm busy and i'll hit you up in a little bit.
Speaker 4: Then never heard anything.
Speaker 3: I waited, you know, a couple of days, and then I tried again and nothing. And then I tried once more last night and still nothing.
Speaker 4: And that's why I called you off.
Speaker 5: What is it about him that makes you want to talk to him so bad? Because don't you just kind of want to be like we'll scare you then, Bro.
Speaker 3: I don't like that's part of it now. But it's like I'm I've been ghosted before. I've ghosted before, like I've just never I've always known why, like you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean, like where you can look back and you're like, oh, it was probably this or it was probably that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like this night, everything seemed to go so well. I think that's part of it, is just like what did I do?
Speaker 4: Like is it me?
Speaker 3: Is it him? I don't know if he's married, you know, It's like I don't know what. I don't know what the deal is. I just kind of it'd be nice to talk to him again or see him again. But more than anything, I just kind of want to know, like what's up, like why, because everything was so nice that night.
Speaker 2: Was that anything you can think of that could have been an awkward moment or anything like that.
Speaker 3: No, Like we were we were at this bar, and like I've seen him before and always through my interests, but I never approached or anything like that. And then I was there for happy I with a couple of friends after work, and he came over and started talking to us, and then my other friends kind of like walked away, and it was just the two of us, and it's this cool place. They have like board games and plants and it's just a like chill vibe, you know. And so we played a couple of board games, played played battleship. I haven't done that in like forever. It was it was really cool, and I was trying to like just trying to see where he was, and he like started he found my battleship and kept, you know, hitting, hitting, and I was like, so are you hitting on me?
Speaker 6: And like.
Speaker 3: That like broke the tension and we both started laughing. And then that's when like we just started like really talking and we were doing that question game, you know that starts with like, oh, who's your favorite band?
Speaker 4: Then things get you know a little a little more intense.
Speaker 3: It's like, uh, you ever run from the cops like in college or whatever?
Speaker 4: Do you ever catch your parents? Did your parents ever catch you? That kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The weirdest one was body.
Speaker 7: Count, who asked that question.
Speaker 3: He asked He asked on the first date, like not even a date, really, like we're just.
Speaker 2: Chilling, right, and I guess that is a weird question to ask on the first date. How many people you've been with or whatever. But I could see it in that moment, being like, you're playing a fun game, so you don't I wouldn't even think about it. Then I would say, I'm like, oh, probably like a crunchy question to ask her.
Speaker 7: Okay, so then how did how did you react to that?
Speaker 4: Well? I turned it back on him. I was like, well, what's yours?
Speaker 3: And so then he answered, and I was like, okay, what is this more than mine? And so I said it. I gave my honest body count, and.
Speaker 4: It didn't seem like it was a big deal.
Speaker 3: We like, you know, kept hanging out, kept drinking. He even you know, he was like, hey, should we go somewhere else? I was like, I was like, I've got to, you know, it's got to work tomorrow. And I didn't want to leave, but like I didn't want to. It was just such a good night. I didn't want anything more to like ruin that. So like we said our goodbyes. We exchanged numbers and you know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we'll try to figure it out for you. We'll play a song, come back and then call him and see the answers and if you'll tell us why he's ghosting you, and then maybe you can get you another date if you still want one.
Speaker 4: Okay, absolutely, thank you guys, All right, place.
Speaker 2: I'm come back get you first DA follow.
Speaker 1: Up Next First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocates Law dot com if you're.
Speaker 2: Just joining us for today's first Date follow up. Lola is on the phone, and Lola is getting ghosted by a dude named Dante, and she has no idea why. Maybe it's because she sunk his battleship. Not sure, but we'll find out laterally before we give him a call to see why he's ghosting you, Lolo, why don't you kind of recap your day for everybody?
Speaker 3: We met a happy hour after work, hung out, play played board games, battleship, had great conversations, played questions.
Speaker 4: Game, drank a little, say good night.
Speaker 3: You know. Everything seemed cool, and then he's literally ghosted me.
Speaker 2: Are you ready to call him and ask him?
Speaker 4: I think so?
Speaker 2: All right, here we go. Hello, all right, I speak to Dante. Please.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is Dante.
Speaker 2: Dante, what's up? Man? How are you? My name is Jewbell and I host a radio show. It's called The Jewbil Show.
Speaker 7: Hi, Dante, the show's here too. I'm Nina, Hi, and I'm Victoria.
Speaker 6: Oh so this is a bunch of people.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is Dante.
Speaker 6: I'm doing I'm doing pretty swell. But uh, why are you calling me?
Speaker 2: We're calling you because we do a segment on a show. I don't know if you've heard it before, but it's called the First Day follow Up. It's where if you go out on a date with somebody and then you end up ghosting them, that person can have us call you and ask why you've been ghosting them. So we got an email about you from somebody named Lola.
Speaker 6: Well, I really want to talk about that one.
Speaker 7: Really, can you why? I mean, she said it was a good time.
Speaker 8: I mean I had a general good time. Things were, things were pretty good. But I could tell that she really wasn't. She wasn't really like truthful to me.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 8: Well, what it means is when you ask someone a direct question, they just kind of like you could tell, they don't want to answer it, and then when they finally do answer it, they don't tell you the truth.
Speaker 7: Okay, so backup, Yeah, what happened?
Speaker 6: So it's just my intuition.
Speaker 2: Okay, explain the situation. You're talking about what we're.
Speaker 8: Playing game, We're having a generally good date playing games, and.
Speaker 6: We're asking questions about each other.
Speaker 8: And I just didn't feel like the as I was getting, we're really.
Speaker 6: What it was.
Speaker 8: So you know how it is, once you finally kind of determine you don't want to really be there anymore, you just kind of go with it and things things stay on a good note.
Speaker 6: But then once you're done, you're just done.
Speaker 7: Kind of.
Speaker 5: I just feel like there's some mixed messaging with the exchanges of numbers and stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, let's put it this way.
Speaker 8: I was just asking, and I started asking questions, and I wanted to know some things because it gives me a good gauge on kind of person I want to be with.
Speaker 6: And I asked how many people she was before?
Speaker 7: Does that question usually go over well for you?
Speaker 8: I mean, you can find pretty quickly whether or not you want to continue something. Because I have my own threshold for me, if I find that a girl has more than me, then I don't necessarily want to be with that girl.
Speaker 5: Why I don't even know that it's about the number Dante, I just think the question is a little bit presemptuous.
Speaker 7: I don't know if that's your business right away.
Speaker 8: Everyone has their own prior when they date. I just find that to be one of mine. And when and when she answered, I could tell she didn't want to give me an answer. So then once I actually got her to answer it, I think she just set a number below mine and it was very clear that she wasn't really telling the truth.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you just think she was lying about it?
Speaker 8: Yeah, And I have a standard for dating that I that I that I want. One of them is don't be too obvious with your life, and the other is don't flee with more men than me.
Speaker 2: What about you and the more like women you sleep with, you get degraded.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's the it's equated to the same thing.
Speaker 7: I did not have enough coffee for this.
Speaker 4: First of all, Dante, I did not lie to you.
Speaker 3: Your question was out a pocket, and I didn't want to answer because everything was going so well, and I didn't want to.
Speaker 4: Go this direction because I worried about this.
Speaker 2: Exactly, Dante. That's Lola. She's been on the list.
Speaker 6: Yeah, of course, of course, I've got a talk to too.
Speaker 8: Now that's okay, and you finally stop calling me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the good news is you won't ever have to talk to me again. What I did with my body before I met you is none of your business, literally none.
Speaker 8: It is, though I think it is everyone's business when someone's trying to start a relationship with somebody in general, just when they're dating, when they're trying to start something, they want to know the history of the person.
Speaker 6: History of people matter dictats the fact that I'm.
Speaker 3: A grown woman who's literally and I'll tell everybody I don't care the fact that I'm a grown woman who's literally slept with five men in my life.
Speaker 7: That is too much.
Speaker 8: Five That probably means ten, if not more, because women just cut that those numbers and half because they know they don't want it heard by everybody just.
Speaker 7: Makes up his own rules. Was going to date Dante.
Speaker 5: He's a show with a diary explaining everything that's happened in their lives prior of saying hi, nice to meet you.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 6: If only if it was like said, it'd be so much easier day.
Speaker 7: I'm sure, I'm sure you believe that. I'm sure you do.
Speaker 3: This is like two different dudes the guy I met that night, and this this guy, because I wouldn't I wouldn't have wasted my time on this guy.
Speaker 6: Because I already made my mind up against you.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, well I hope that all those women that were part of your number. That's the part that turps me out is like, you go ahead, you slept with twice and more than twice as many people as I had. If your number is even correct, If you've got this formula, then that means that you probably use it too.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, if we're talking about dude math, don't they cut it in half and like divided by it or something like that. So if you said fifteen, really we're talking about like what forty five exactly?
Speaker 8: Actually whatever the dude says, it's usually half of that because half of them are virgins, they never get sex. It's so much harder for guys to actually get it, so they're trying to portray macho more so, this.
Speaker 7: Is interesting, very interesting guy, very interesting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know. Yeah, that's why I've already slept with twenty women.
Speaker 7: Wow, this is a pride. And then we divide that vibe.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know, Dante, would you like to go on another day with Lola will pay for it?
Speaker 6: No, I don't think I do.
Speaker 7: Cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not only do I not want to go on another day.
Speaker 3: I'm going to vend my youth for the drink you bought me and I don't ever want to do again.
Speaker 6: Oh great, I get a refunded nice.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't even bother though, Keep your money, girl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm just sorry.
Speaker 6: I think I think we're getting well.
Speaker 7: This battleship just got some Oh.
Speaker 6: Yeah you s what whoa
Speaker 1: Jubile's first day follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorney Online at Advocateslaw dot com