Speaker 1: First date follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocateslad dot com.
Speaker 2: Selene is on the phone today for a first day follow up. She's getting ghosted by a dude named Jesse that she met at a bookstore. Hey, Selene, how are you? Thank you for your email? Before we get into your dat and stuff. How long has it been since you talked to Jesse?
Speaker 3: About six days?
Speaker 4: So how did you guys meet at the bookstore?
Speaker 3: So it's not your average the average way to meet someone at a bar or something. We actually just ran into each other at the bookstore and we were both looking in the cinema section.
Speaker 4: Okay, you actually physically run into each other?
Speaker 3: No, So then we started talking about our favorite directors and he actually ended up up asking me out to see an indie movie. Okay, And so I thought it was super attractive that he picked me up in the bookstore and then wanted to follow up at a movie. And he's a fellow movie snob, so am I. Also, he's a total babe vert.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, this is already kind of a good setup. So then what did you guys end up doing for your date?
Speaker 3: So he did go to see the indie movie and how was it? He was such a gentleman. He paid for everything and we started talking movies right away. We didn't stop until the movie started, since he was paying. I did kind of get quite a lot from the snack bar.
Speaker 4: That's expensive.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, he did make a joke about it too, but it didn't seem to bother him. And I started to put some stuff back.
Speaker 6: Then he was like, no, no, it's fine.
Speaker 3: And he said he was just kidding. It was his treat. So I was like, this guy's awesome.
Speaker 4: Did you share your snacks?
Speaker 3: No, he got a little sound thing for himself. He wasn't. He didn't really seem to be that hungry. He just had a speaker.
Speaker 4: Soong, Okay, okay, all right.
Speaker 2: So other than the snacks, though, you know that, you think the date was pretty good.
Speaker 3: I think. So. We hung out for a little bit afterwards, and he kissed me on the cheeks before he left and said that unfortunately he had to go and that he would like to see me again. So I was like, okay, I love that. Hopefully it'll be soon.
Speaker 4: Why do you have to run offcess in I'm.
Speaker 3: Not really sure. Maybe he was tired, I didn't want to ask too many questions.
Speaker 5: So then that was the last you heard from him. That was your last interaction. Yes, did you try to reach out to him after.
Speaker 3: That, Yes, but he hasn't really responded.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: I did like everything about him. He was very relaxed, but and he was very witty, uh huh, kind of an asshole in a fun way, and also thirty. So I don't know. I thought that our conversation was going to carry on to talking further afterwards. But I guess maybe I shouldn't have gotten that many snacks.
Speaker 4: So you think the snacks were the deal breaker essentially?
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe maybe I've got a big as photo too. I'm someone key pieces. I'm really I'm in the town.
Speaker 4: If a girl dis ordered everything on the menu, no, I mean that thing'd be cool. I like that.
Speaker 2: Actually. You know what I can't stand is when you go out on a date. You know she wants to eat, but she orders a salad, but she does that because she doesn't want to eat too much in front of you. It's always like just you know, especially if you go to a nice restaurant or something, it's like, that's a fifty dollars salad get a stake.
Speaker 4: I know I used to and I get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would find it attractive because you're like you're you know, you're like just being you. So I think that's I think it would be good. But you know, maybe not. Maybe maybe he's broke now, maybe he's homeless, maybe he's say his home bill, maybe that's why.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm just allowed sure or something.
Speaker 2: All right, well we'll try to figure it out for you to play a song, come back and then call him and see why he's ghosting you and maybe.
Speaker 4: Get you another date. Okay, thank you so much. All Right, we'll get your first day follow up, next.
Speaker 1: First date follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocatesla dot com.
Speaker 2: If you're just joining us for today's first Day follow up. Selene is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Jesse that she met at the bookstore. And before we give him a call to find out why you're gettinghosted, Selene, why don't you refresh everybody's memory on your date with Jesse.
Speaker 3: So, like you said, we met at the bookstore, which is super awesome, and we connected on what kind of movies that we like on a semi session, and then afterwards we went on a date. We went to the movies. I may have gotten way too many stacks, and the movie just seems to go over pretty well. We talked a lot before. I haven't seen him since he gave me a kiss on the cheek, and this was about six days ago, so I haven't seen him since then. I don't know why he's not answering any of my messages.
Speaker 4: All right, well we're about to give him a call. You ready?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well I'm gonna call him right now. Here we go, Hello him, I asking to Jesse.
Speaker 4: Please.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's Jesse.
Speaker 4: We's good, Jesse. How are you? My name is Jeubel, host a radio show called The Jubile Show. Hi Jesse. My name is Nina. I'm on the Jubil Show.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 4: I'm Victoria.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, Hi. What's what's going on?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: So yeah, there's three people on the phone with you right now. Have you ever heard the show before? Uh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe once or twice. Why am I on the show?
Speaker 2: Well because we got an email about you from somebody who listens to the show.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, all right, we.
Speaker 4: Do a segment called the first eight follow up.
Speaker 2: That's where if you go out on a date with someone and then you end up ghosting them, that person can email us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting them. So we got an email about you from Selene.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, uh huh Selene.
Speaker 5: Yeah you remember Selene. She's your bookstore friend.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, you meant in a bookstore that still exists, but the bookstores are still around.
Speaker 2: We talked to Selene and she told us about your date. She said that she really liked you, but she's confused. She wants to know why you haven't called her back.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, why didn't I call her back? Okay, Well, to get into it, you know, I thought she was cool.
Speaker 7: We the banter was good. You know, we both fonded over movies and she's been a nerd. I'm a bit of a nerd. And we got some movie, we got some snacks. Conversation was still good. I thought it was cute that she got.
Speaker 6: A she got a lot of snack her out out of it. I thought it was a cute.
Speaker 2: That's what she She told us that she got a ton of snacks, So she thought, actually that might be the reason that you're ghosting her.
Speaker 6: Oh no, no, no, no, you know you heard the movies. You can have as many snacks you want, hard of the deal.
Speaker 4: Good answer.
Speaker 6: Uh, but no.
Speaker 8: And then we got in the theater and after the previews, she kicks off her shoes, no stock, and puts her bare feet up on the seat in front of her, and like, I don't have pet peeves until now, I guess.
Speaker 6: I thought there was no class there, you know it was. It wasn't even like I'm not sure if they smelled or not.
Speaker 7: I was just totally taken aback because, like, I just thought it was weird they put me off.
Speaker 6: I don't know if.
Speaker 2: Because you put her bare feet up on the seat in front of you, in.
Speaker 6: Front of her.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's like it's one thing to even put your your you know, your covered sheet up on the seat in front of you, which is a little rude. But yeah, yeah, it was a little uh class.
Speaker 6: Look.
Speaker 5: So, just to clarify, you said she took off her socks and shoes, so not wasn't sandals that she was wearing. She had to physically remove her socks to be that comfortable.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't I don't even know. I just looked up and I saw bare feet.
Speaker 7: I don't I don't know. I don't even remember what tree she was wearing. But yeah, it just totally grossed me out. So that's pretty much why.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, thank you for telling us. I don't know if that would bother me or not, but I wonder if it bothers Selene. Wait what Yeah, I wonder if it bother Selene because she's on the phone listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Oh, Jackie, Hi, Okay, I am in complete shock for doing that. There. I do think that is classless. I don't even remember doing it. In my defense, I remember just chowing down curled up in the chairs, which is something I only really do at home while I'm watching a movie. So I guess it's just I felt really at home and be very comfortable. So maybe I just started doing what to do at home.
Speaker 7: Okay, Yeah, I mean it's still weird.
Speaker 6: It's still kind of weird. I don't know. I don't know else to say it.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry that bothered you about my toes and my feet, but I just got a French manicure. My feet are looking great. It's I take care of them. They're clean.
Speaker 7: Well, like I said, it was really dark, so I couldn't really see how nice your feet were. So maybe maybe if it was better lit, I would have been followed. Those are amazing feet. I still find it kind of gross. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, Well, I to be honest, I really don't think it's that gross. But I'm I understand where you're coming from.
Speaker 4: Do you take your feet out in other places? Selene? Is this something you usually do?
Speaker 3: No? Really, just in the movies and my own house. Honestly, I can't think of anywhere else. And if I'm doing yoga or something, Okay, if I take my shoes off when I do.
Speaker 7: Yoga, uh yeah, no worries there because I won't be doing yoga with you.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, So Jesse, but did you like your other than Selene putting her feet up on the seat in front of her?
Speaker 4: You liked her?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we had a good time, but it did kind of ruin the movie for me. So everything before the movie was real good, ruined the wholes. Yeah, I thought I could think about, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: You don't want to give her another chance. Hey, Jesse, would you go out with Selena on another day?
Speaker 4: We'll pay for it.
Speaker 7: Listen if if she wears her hug boots then they don't come off. Come up, Yes, Selene, I would go out with you again if we followed the no feet in public rule.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, I promise I'll keep my shoes on unless we go somewhere that's a little bit more comfortable, like my house or your bed.
Speaker 4: Wow, that escalated very quickly.
Speaker 3: Yeah I did.
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, yeah, that works for me also. You know, but wearing bed is not always a bad idea either.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's quite weird to wear his ideals.
Speaker 4: That's what it is.
Speaker 1: Jubile's first day follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorney Online at Advocates Law dot com.