Speaker 1: Gee.
Speaker 2: I'm the homegirl that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 1: You know, if you don't lie about that, right, Lauren came in.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's up y'all. It's Laura la Rosa and this is the Latest with Laura l Rosa. I am your host in this show, as you guys know, and if you're new, don't worry.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna remind you.
Speaker 2: Is your daily dig into everything pop culture. I'm the homegrowl that knows a bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 3: And today we are going to get into some things as always. Brandon is here with me.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, it's good to be back as usual.
Speaker 3: I'm going to Texas for a campaign. Shoot.
Speaker 2: It's my first like major campaign that I'm doing for a brand through the radio station.
Speaker 1: Congratulations Big News.
Speaker 2: Yes, the podcast The Latest it travels because you know, the Latest is happening all over.
Speaker 3: I will not be in the Diddy Trial for the rest of the week.
Speaker 2: I'll be back actually Friday, so I'll skip a couple of days and then i'll be back Friday.
Speaker 3: But yes, how you.
Speaker 1: Feeling, Brandon, I'm feeling good, you know, just another week. I'm happy to be alive, you know. What I mean, I've been feeling good lately, so I'm trying to stay on this high.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 2: This is the behind the scenes of the grind checking where we really check in on each other in real life, because if you're asking how you're doing, you should really care, and if you don't, you should not ask it.
Speaker 1: How are you doing, Lauren.
Speaker 3: I'm doing well, you know.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to manage in like more like quality control, like perfect.
Speaker 3: And my team depends on me a lot.
Speaker 2: And we're traveling for these next couple of days because of the campaign, and I'm shooting.
Speaker 3: So I got makeup and not makeup. I got them my own makeup.
Speaker 2: I got hair, my hair girl coming, I got you know, a stylist coming, my manager's coming, my content shooter is coming. So it's a lot of people trying to manage them and make everything sink. And what I realized yesterday and being going all day, it's like, yo, if I'm going all day, it's really tough for things to work. I need to remove myself from stuff. But yeah, so I'm trying to manage team. That's what That's how I'm feeling. I'm just feeling like growth is happening, which I'm so proud of and I'm excited for.
Speaker 3: But like I'm trying to get the team right.
Speaker 2: Behind the scenes so I could be a for all those hours and the world not explode.
Speaker 1: That's good, I know. I see you have a lot going on. Yo. Was like I said in the last episode, is nice to watch. So you know I'm rooting for you.
Speaker 3: So let's get on into some things into the latest.
Speaker 2: So the Megala went down, we talked a bit about like the Megala, I was rushing during that episode and Taylor got on my behind.
Speaker 3: But won't happen again.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry to the low Riders for anybody that felt like we were rushing through because we were trying to go prepare for the Megala.
Speaker 3: I didn't end up going towhere bringing you didn't.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought you was doing all the events and all that. You had your your stylists, you said you're meeting up with and all that. It seems like you're really excited about it. I'm surprised because even I won't say no names, I know some people that probably shouldn't be at certain parties. That was at the parties. That's how Yeah, damn so I was. I was surprised that I didn't you know, see you, or you weren't talking about anything. Yeah, no, you're just tired, or you just you didn't want to know.
Speaker 2: I was exhausted after we left court and the trials going on right now, people are tweeting me from the trial because I said that the Diddy video of Cassie may not be played, and they're talking about that in court right now. In Inner City Press, which is a Twitter account that I follow, is tweeting about it, so people can't wait to burst my bubble. But yeah, it was a long day, so I didn't even end up going anywhere. Shout out to Romeo Hunt though he dressed me for the first day of court, and he actually had provided the outfit yesterday for me to make it to the party.
Speaker 3: I gotta hit them. I gotta reach out to them because I didn't end up at the party.
Speaker 2: But the outfit that he gave me, though, I can wear it to court because it was in the whole dandyism vibe, so it's like, you know, it's a suited vibe, so I can wear that again. But I stayed home last night. There was the burna boy party. There was a Pharal party. Romeo Hunt had a party, Taylor had a party. Yeah, Tianna tailor her Kaate Trinada DJ and her party. That's fire, right, Like Kate Tranada DJ and your party is so fire.
Speaker 3: So it was a lot going on.
Speaker 2: But one of the biggest moments from the met Gala was Rihanna revealing that she was pregnant. So prior to the met Gala, there's video and photos of Rihanna. She's dressed in all gray and she's walking around her hotel and you see Clear's day of baby bump.
Speaker 1: Hey, my boy as won't let up. I wouldn't either, because my.
Speaker 3: Man better be the same way, like, don't let on me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like period. It's funny that watching their relationship, like I did not depict Rihanna as this type of person, like like she's just.
Speaker 2: With anything, like it's her men's body.
Speaker 1: Yeah. When she did the you know, the whole good girl gone bad transition, I thought she just didn't give a fuck about man. She just running through niggas, just gonna have that run. But now she really Yeah, now she's like a mother of what three now about to be three?
Speaker 3: Love her man damn.
Speaker 1: Okay, very loving relationship her man damn.
Speaker 2: But it also looks like they have a good time, and I feel like they probably have really graceus.
Speaker 1: It's just funny to watch. Yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: Rihanna hates sat Rocky have really great sex. I think that they actually And I don't just say that because they both are like really attractive or like have a sex appeal when they do. I say it because when you see them together, you could tell they.
Speaker 1: Really want to jump each other in that moment. God, Yes, but it's just funny to watch, like what relationships bring out of people.
Speaker 2: Yes, like I will agree. Yeah, do you see me as like the motherly type?
Speaker 1: So let's get into the met gala? Right? Let's all right? Can I bring back? Can I bring in a personal connotation we had?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: No, we both talked about how like we're not even sure right now where the point in our life is where we could put everything aside and to kind of dedicate so much time timing kids because you're on to come up, like you feel like you're in a place in your life where you you know, you got to go to court for Diddy's to do things of those sorts and become a great journalist. So no, but I think I think you're one of the nice people I now, honestly, so I think I think be a great mother.
Speaker 2: I think, And that's what That's why I wanted that. Like there was a lot from the met Galla. Like some of my favorite looks were Rihanna, Tianna Taylor, Ate down Start by Ruthy Carter, the legendary, the iconic Grammy Award winning stylists OG in the game, you're talking about dandyism, baby, You talking about Ruthie Carter in the viz that she knows how to bring you talking about the dapper dance, Like give it up for the OG's Okay.
Speaker 3: The girls who know those names know those names all right. If you don't please google them. The conversation for another day.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I had a lot of favorite looks last night, and I was excited for the fashion. But seeing Rihanna with baby number three and it's just like, oh.
Speaker 3: Yep, here we are baby number three.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, if you're in a happy relationship or marriage, it should be like that.
Speaker 3: Like I know, like I don't have a.
Speaker 2: Lot of friends who are at peace in their relationship or their marriage where like there's not a number of children that they won't have and things of that nature. But when I do meet people like that like Envy and his wife and you know, these different people, I think it's like such a beautiful thing. And to be honest with you, people ask me, like how many kids would I want to have? I don't have a limit. I do want to have twins. I want identical girl twins. I would love to have them first, but I really don't have a number because for me, it's like I want to be so in love and intertwined with my partner like Acep and Rihanna that I'm like, okay, baby, like all right, another one, Okay, here we go, like like I want to know. It's it's a weird feeling of like understanding that the whole like I want to make my man a great like not makecome a great father, but I want to you give yourself to a person when you become a woman having a baby by someone like it's a different level of like not even I was gonna say submission, but I don't even think it's that.
Speaker 3: It's like a different.
Speaker 2: Level and stage of vulnerability when you're like I'm going to have a baby with this person like that tied to them.
Speaker 1: I like what you're saying, but it's it's one part I want to touch on. It's tough to be with a woman who wants their relationship to be like something they see.
Speaker 3: I agree that.
Speaker 1: I hate that. Yo. I've been in a relationship like that too, and they can't reference to.
Speaker 2: I'm not the type that be like, oh, come on, baby, you gotta be like Rihanna and asap, Like, it's not like that. It's just the happiness in the partnership that Yeah, the happiness in the partnership because I don't know the insides, right, but the happiness in the partnership that I see in the peacefulness.
Speaker 1: That they like each other friends. They like, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Now you're getting That's what I'm That's what you're trying to hear me say.
Speaker 3: I just didn't know how to say, like.
Speaker 1: The same type of stylis. Its like.
Speaker 2: They're best friends, and it's like when you submit yourself as a woman or as a man to a person like that, babies and family and all of that and money and all.
Speaker 3: That stuff that people like fifty to fifty but like all that goes out the window.
Speaker 2: You just love your person and y'all doing it, and I'm like watching them it makes me like every time I was seeing her yesterday, I was like, man, that's so beautiful for her. But my first thought was, at what point in my life do I do that? As you mentioned, like as a young woman like Rihanna has put her career is on a hole. Rihanna is still booming. Rihanna is the girl, has always been the girl. Or it's because Rihanna knew when to pivot, or even if she didn't know when, because I can't say that for a fact, when she pivoted, it worked. She has feintiu, she has you know what I mean? She has so many other things that are huge, even bigger part of Some people will argue bigger part of her success than her music. She's good, you know what I'm saying. So even yesterday they asked her about if new music was going to come. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 3: No is this putting R nine on pause even longer?
Speaker 1: Because you were in production a.
Speaker 4: Couple of videos.
Speaker 1: But a couple of videos I could.
Speaker 2: Sing and it's like, Okay, Yeah, she's gonna do the music, but there's so much other things that she does, but she's not worried about. Okay, if I do this, my whole career stops. And what does that look and feel like for me? And I feel like she's different now.
Speaker 3: She's a mother of she seem happy, she's a billionaire, she's a mother three.
Speaker 2: Remember she talked about and lets it started this clip right here where she talked about not even dressing the same since she's had her kids.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like your style has changed a lot since you became the mom?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 4: Hello, we gotta pick things up, we gotta snatch things in, and we gotta know if a shoulder and a boob is all you have to work with for the night, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta get creative, clever.
Speaker 4: It takes a lot of work. And sometimes if I get out of the house covering my underwear, that's as good as I could get.
Speaker 1: Moms I need to follow suit.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of moms that need to follow honestly, not even just moms. I'm not even gonna hold y'all. I'm very risky when it comes to the clothing. It's certain things that even I think twice about now, just because of where I'm at career wise, and I still like to be riskue and do what I like to do because it's me, and I don't want to tone down that, but I do want to polish things in a certain way because I'm just growing up now and I'm like, I just I don't know. I don't know what to expect from her, because what is grown up Rihanna music? Not that she's not still young and fun and all that stuff, but like what do we hear her talk about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what if we get like h and it's gonna sound astract just follow me a women's version like four four four of where you're like just kind of documenting everything that's like going all in your life and in like an adult version of that. Does that make any sense?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be mad at and love music from Rihanna because that would be a lot of it, right, Yeah, I wouldn't be mad at and love music from Rihanna. I think it would be like I don't know, I could, I could see it. A lot of people do talk about, you know, vocally, Rihanna is more of like a fun, popping and out vocal South singer versus like big ballads and stuff like that. I feel like Rihanna when she first began was the ballad girl. She was like, you know, trying to be the sanga singer. And then after that it turned into like pop princess fun island girl.
Speaker 3: You know you know what I mean. That's part as her music.
Speaker 2: So I don't even remember kind of like what her range was at that point, but I could hear some love songs from her, like some happy love songs. I don't know though, because how much it's gonna sound so bad. I love like like Beyonce. When Beyonce does her happy and love songs, I love him. It works well. But she has a way and I hate the compared too, because I know the people do that. Beyonce has a way to make her love music still, like I'm that bitch, like you know what I mean? I think you know Rihanna, she she gives that very much.
Speaker 3: Don't play with my island. But I really couldn't answer the question for you.
Speaker 1: Will be dropping album soon too?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ace episodes to be dropping the album, I'm not for sure. I look up when it comes out. I know he just previews some stuff at uh, rolland Loud. Remember he mentioned something about pregnancy in one of those songs.
Speaker 1: But ACEP is underrated too.
Speaker 3: I hate how they tried to very much underrated, like you stay at.
Speaker 1: Home Dad when I was in high school, aside was like a god yea, like he he was tough and dressed like him and everything, so like, I hate that narrative as well. So I'm definitely looking forward to his music and what he previewed that Rolling Loud was amazing from what I heard.
Speaker 2: Well that Rihanna hasn't done any new music in nine years. So Auntie was in twenty sixteen. So R nine is the new project. And it's been some conversation for some time. She says she has songs, so I don't know. And in that interview she talks about videos, so that sounds like she's kind of at the finishing point.
Speaker 1: Said that's only thing that's probably gonna be pushed back because of the pregnancy. So oh yeah, sounds about done. It sounds about that we get no previews, no hints or nothing. Maybe it could be a surprise drop, but like just a surprise genre.
Speaker 2: She said, to your point, she did an interview. This is Harper's Bazaar. She said there's no genre now, that's why she waited.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So, while it was previously rumored that Rihanna's stylistic direction for the new album could involve reggae, she dismisses any suggestions of genre and it is insisting she will only put music out when she is ready. I have to show the world that it was worth the wait. I can't put out anything mediocre. That's what I'm worried about too. Rihanna can't miss Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think for her like linking up with, you know, certain producers that she's always been with, I can't really see that's gone bad.
Speaker 3: So our very own Charlemagne the Goad.
Speaker 2: Has teamed up with Basil who is one of the producers from john Wick and they have a new company called Southland Stories. So this is a production company and one of their first projects has been announced and it is starring drummer please Jonathan Majors. So this film is called True Threat is one of their first projects and the production company itself, Southernland Stories, is a production company that focuses on Southern stories.
Speaker 3: Southland Story Southern Stories is like a see what they did there?
Speaker 2: The first project that they will be working on is a revenge thriller that is going to start Jonathan Major's so it's scheduled to begin production this summer. Actually, it's one of several friends in the pipeline as Southland Story starts to ramp up its output. Is directed and written by Jared McGray and produced by Alex Garcia of Cat five Now. It's going to follow a special Forces operative out for a vengeance after his teenage son is killed by gang members. The movie is going to be among one of Jonathan Major's first roles since he was convicted in twenty twenty three a third degree assault and harassment. Films like True Threat are exactly why we created Southland Story, says Charlamaga. God it is vital to show that black creators and thrive across all genres. Jarrick McMurray and Jonathan Majors are extremely talented in the visuals.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Charlemagne. Let's let's clap it up for that.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's huge news. Shout out to Charlamagne and Jonathan Majors and Basil of course, you know, hopefully it's the one that like kind of brings him back after.
Speaker 2: Speaking to him up here, I understand why people say, once people go through their consequences and they do the work, you let them rebuild.
Speaker 3: You step out the way and you let them rebuild. You can't hold it on them forever.
Speaker 2: Because when I met him up here, I was like, man, the only thing I kept feeling from him was he's sorry. Like even though a lot of what was first thrown at him, you know, charges were reduced and stuff like that, you know what I mean, But like, I'm not even talking about.
Speaker 3: Like just charge specific.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking I'm talking about the way that it impacted his career and the things that he worked for, and just I feel like him as a person, he had to become a better person.
Speaker 3: And I felt that from him.
Speaker 2: I felt that even if he's not all the way there doing the work, and he's in a lot of different places, he's in a way different place than he was before all of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And when he came up here, sorry, no, go ahead, no. When he came up here, I met him in the most peculiar way. So I was in the man's bathroom, Hold up, nothing, it's nothing crazy, what grat is funny? I was in the mess bathroom, and I just hear somebody whistling in the stalls.
Speaker 3: He looks like.
Speaker 1: So I was like, oh, somebody doing while they whistle. That's interesting. I'm gonna try that next time. Yeah, that sounds fun. So I'm done in the bathroom washing my hands, and that he just came out to the star. I was like, Jonathan. I was like, I was not expected to see you in this way. He's like, yeah, how you doing, bro? He's very nice, small talk conversation. He complimented my waves. Once you come my wave, Brandon.
Speaker 3: I thought she was gonna say, he complimented your waste.
Speaker 1: Yeah, relaxed, But I was saying, when you relax, I'll say, what you comingm my waves. I'm automatically a fan another person.
Speaker 3: You don't.
Speaker 1: It don't take much for me. So, uh no, he's a very.
Speaker 2: Pleasant much for you to oh, it don't take much for you to go at all ham Brandy.
Speaker 1: One little compliment, one.
Speaker 3: Little oh my god, did you get your hair cut today? Now you wearing rainbows?
Speaker 1: Yes? I did. I did get a hairut. But yeah, he seemed like a very pleasant person person in person. So that was that was, you know, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Agree shout out to them. Congratulations.
Speaker 2: I've been trying to tell Charlamagne since I've seen this announcement, like, yo, cast me, I want to act.
Speaker 3: Cast me.
Speaker 2: Don't even cast me, just let me audition, Like, give me a fair shot auditioning. He talks about everything when we just talked to him about that, but that you.
Speaker 1: Gotta start with the Brandy biopic, I mean lost from there.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean, I don't think he would even start there. In the way he ignored everything was Brandon friend. All right, y'all, let's let's take it.
Speaker 2: Let's take it to the to the to the streets, outside, outside, outside, every other page.
Speaker 3: To the tweets, real quick, so real quick.
Speaker 2: So right now, Diddy is back in court jury selection day two. So genuine candor on X tweeted me because yesterday I did a video breakdown on my YouTube, my Instagram and my TikTok of what was happening in the courtroom up until recess. It was just like a real quick check in because I posted it, I was set it into court and then I got silent because they take your phone. And in that video, I talked about the fact that a conversation came up on whether the Diddy cassiec and In video would be used, and the prosecutors mentioned that at that time that they they're just not like it's not something that they know that they're using right now, but it still could be used. So this person was trying to argue with me that I said the video was completely excluded, and that is not what I said it.
Speaker 3: What I said yesterday was what I heard with my.
Speaker 2: Own two ears in court, and me and some of the other generals were actually having a conversation about it because they were confused, like some of us took it as they said and definitely it would not be used, and I'm like, there's no way, and then the rest of us took it for what it was where they said basically as of now, because if it's not excluded officially by a judge.
Speaker 3: And that's what call me.
Speaker 2: The prosecutor made clear yesterday that it's not excluded and she wanted to make that clear on the record. That means that at any point they could go back and pull that for evidence. The reason why I think that they're not going to use that is because I feel like I think that they'll bring it in when Cassie and the conversation around her comes up. When they want to show and paint Cassie as this woman you know who was and not even paint but because the video shows you what it showed you, but their narrative around Cassie will be this woman who was victimized. She was in this relationship because she had no power, she had no control physically, she was a prisoner in this relationship. Because what Diddy's team is going to try and argue is that everything was consented.
Speaker 3: We've seen it. Yeah, they've literally been given it to articles.
Speaker 1: Quick question, I'm sorry if you mentioned this already, Like, can they at least describe the video on detail to them if they're not going to use it.
Speaker 2: I think that what where they don't use, they can describe. But instead of describing to day will want to show it because it.
Speaker 3: Will invote that question.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because again I can't even find the full premise of this this tweet for the court record. But I don't know how much you're going to play, er how much you're not going to play. But I know that it's still an option for them, is what I was saying yesterday. I just think that they're going to be very strategic about how they bring it in because they don't want Diddy's attorneys to try and say, y'all are trying him for something he's not on trial for.
Speaker 3: That is unfair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean. I mean we knew. I mean not everybody knew, but like there's inklings of the abuse towards Cassie. Once the video came out, I feel like everybody's like, oh, we did everything they said he did. I think, bro yes, I think it was like it's just everything was just downhill from there, even the way he came at Cassie in the beginning and then you know, recanted what he said and flip the narrative of how he apologized and how he was in bad places in that point of his life. So I feel like that video could be detrimental and can you know, I think it can kind of make it break the case. But I mean, you know more than me, so no, I.
Speaker 2: Agreed that it'll be detrimental. I just think that they have to be very particular about how they use it because you just.
Speaker 3: Don't something like a Diddy case, like you don't want to know.
Speaker 2: You want everything air tight like Cosby got off if you think about it on like technicalities, you know what I'm saying. And I'm not comparing Bill Cosby to Diddy. I'm just thinking of a very high profile case where a person was able to.
Speaker 1: I don't see the big difference, but go ahead.
Speaker 2: Where a person was able to literally walk because of something that wasn't like, you know, I crossed my T I dot in my I type of thing.
Speaker 3: So I think that they're going to be very particular about how they do that.
Speaker 2: But I love the fact that the low writers and even if you're not a low writer, or if you're here listening to this podcast or watching it, you are a low writer. So welcome to the community. We happy to have you. Ain't no housewarming because it's a lot of y'all, But I like how you guys are getting involved, like everyone listening, you know, people on Twitter, on Instagram, whatever, even if it's y'all trying to call me out on whatever y'all think y'all calling me out on. I'm always here for the debate, in the back and forth, and the one thing I don't play about is trying to stick to a fact. If I'm ever wrong, I'll say I'm wrong, and he had that. He tweeted me and was like, no, I said, did you watch my full video? He was like, I did, and you said blah blah blah blah, just say my bad.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: So then I just responded to him with the part of the video that he said he watched where I'm saying the exact opposite of what he told me.
Speaker 1: I said, my favorite, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying, like, come on, but I mean but not even in the spirit of like pettiness or anything like that. I do enjoy debates about legal things and just y'all being engaged in the content.
Speaker 3: So keep on tweeting me so we can be in the tweets. Yes, So that is it. That is all, y'all. What have we learn from today's episode, Brandon?
Speaker 1: What do we learn that he might be fucked? WHOA, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I think one of the things I learned was that life is all about the pivot man. Look at Rihanna and Asap and they live in their beautiful lives having their babies and ain't worried about the thing because they got other business endeavors. Charlemagne getting money money on okay and it's inspiring to see. It's inspiring to see in a lot of ways because I want to build business, I want to have a family.
Speaker 1: Stop watching it up close because he's always willing to put on game. Yeah so nah, I