Speaker 1: What do you call two guys that were there when this happened? Back to return at Spurlock. Michael Spurlock of the cham Look, he's still the twenty. He's of the twenty five.
Speaker 2: Parlo thirty to the forty yard line.
Speaker 1: We could see history fifty forty.
Speaker 3: Come a thirty yard light.
Speaker 2: Now Michael run, Michael luck.
Speaker 1: Michael run, touchdown Tampa Bay. But there you go, and that shot gun sends wee receivers left. Here's the staff of the glitzer has picked up Brady Unity.
Speaker 2: Caught ball ups. He has the record at the eleven yard line.
Speaker 1: Mike Evins becomes the first NFL player in lead history to record them a thousand yards of more of this first seventh seasons that.
Speaker 2: Want to throw by Brady?
Speaker 1: Congratulations Mike Evens, who can forget.
Speaker 2: Gann looking gas holds up the half the other side. Terry Bucks thirty touchdown Tampa Bay.
Speaker 3: Derek Books the most.
Speaker 1: Valuable player in the National Football League.
Speaker 3: There it is Dot Daggers, ind.
Speaker 1: Where are you gonna win the Super Bowl? Here's the snap. Mahomes running to his right. Lookout he may run Mahome director Now battle INTERCEPN picked over with the ins on Fox.
Speaker 3: I gotta beat the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: We're the chapters of the world that we still have. I'm minute thirty three ago.
Speaker 1: Damn it, White, what a great second season. That's it for Casey Box. All the Super Bowl champs.
Speaker 2: They can't stop the clock.
Speaker 1: We call them the Salty Dogs.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the Salty Dogs, a podcast mostly about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but sometimes about mysterious green cars you never know. I'm Scott Smith, I am Jeff Ryan, and we are the Salty Dogs.
Speaker 2: We are. But let's begin with the most important news of the day, the.
Speaker 3: Green car thing. Yes, okay, so last week I can see out of Jeff's windows the parking left for the players, and somebody came in with a cool looking charger. It's like lime green, yep, bright with broad black racing stripes down the middle. And we were waiting to see who had that car, and either they never got out or they snuck out or something. But we have since learned that it is cornerback Tavi.
Speaker 2: Or Thomas nice car. Yes, okay, did you tell him that we were.
Speaker 3: I've been meaning to run into him, but I didn't see him in open live from the.
Speaker 2: Show how did you find this out?
Speaker 3: I asked a couple of people are here with okay, and they both said the same thing, So okay, I felt since I got a second source, it was probably yes.
Speaker 2: Well you're a good journalist and that's what you do. Two sources and we needed to get that out of the way. Well, there's that was a cliffhang.
Speaker 3: It was we have an email about it. Three things that one also want to say at the top for the you know, I always forget this, we uh at the end of the show. We always answer questions from Bucks fans and we love doing that. So please send us your questions or commnswer questions. Come see this is this is the problem, Jeff. But you can't. You wouldn't believe how many of the emails made a joke about me not wanting to read emails. It's all because of you, and it's not true.
Speaker 2: They listened to the podcast, they heard what they heard.
Speaker 3: If you send us emails, we will read them. Theoretically, there could get a point where there'd be too many for one show and we wouldn't have time. But let's cross that bridge when we come to it.
Speaker 2: And if that happens, the whole show will be well, but.
Speaker 3: We've done that before. We did that after one season there think it was after the Super Bowl season. We had the whole show with just fans questions.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: And then the third thing, Okay, so what I want to say is to send us questions. Email them to Salty Dogs at Buccaneers dot NFL dot com.
Speaker 2: Very good.
Speaker 3: Don't forget the dot NFL part in the middle. It's a little weird, but it won't get to us if you don't include it. And then the third thing was we didn't give a and we said we'd come back to it. We really didn't give a satisfactory answer to what the NFL's concussion protocol is. Oh, so it's a five step process. I'm not talking about the protocol to how they're put in there, because there's a protocol for that too, but once they've begun the protocol to return, it's called return to participation protocol. Phase one is symptom limited activity, so you're basically resting or avoiding activities both physical and cognitive. Phase two is aerobic exercise, and this has to be done under the guy, under the view of the medical staff, and they begin to do you know, cardio, dynamic stretching, stuff like that. Neurocognitive and bounce testing can be administered after completion of phase two, and the results should be interpreted as a back to baseline. Remember I was talking about how they take a baseline cognitive reading before the season. Phase three is football specific exercise, so things that mimic you're not practicing with the team yet, but they mimic things you do in football, also supervised. Phase four is club based non contact training drills.
Speaker 2: All right, that would be out on the field, Yeah, going through conditions, Yeah, walk through type thing.
Speaker 3: And again all of these in with the the TED players being tested and the results going back to baseline. And then Phase four is full full activity slash clearance now and it is upon clearance by the club physician. That's what it says. It must be examined by the independent neurological consultant assigned to his club.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's both it's us.
Speaker 3: And an independent Okay.
Speaker 2: We have a doctor that we select and then they have a doctor that they select us. So that's good, that excellent look at us cleaning up.
Speaker 3: Well, that our doctors clear them for full full football activity involving contact, and when they do that, then they must be examined by the independent.
Speaker 2: Neural Okay, all right, we got all that out of the way.
Speaker 3: Now it's time to dive into this beautiful, wonderful, magical.
Speaker 2: It's a short week. It's not that magical Philadelphia, but it certainly makes it easy.
Speaker 3: Well, you know how much we like to beat the Eagles.
Speaker 2: First of all, warms my heart like nothing else.
Speaker 3: One of our emails is gonna talk about that, about the whole history of the Eagles. Eagles, something's been around for a while and remembers all the way back to seventy nine, because some of our listeners probably don't realize how long ago this.
Speaker 2: I remember that that was a rival, was a big, big NFL today was down here at that game, in that particular one. I did not go to that game, no, no, but it was It was probably one of the biggest things that happened in Tampa Bay in a very long time, and no one gave us a chance to win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it was a great game. We'll discuss it later. Look at look at all these notes, Jeff. I mean, first of all, there's some on the back too. I was taking them during the game.
Speaker 2: Certainly don't look like Tom Brady's notes. He had eight pages.
Speaker 3: Little were they well organized, because this is not he.
Speaker 2: Said they were. But I tried, you know, I freeze, I froze the frame and tried to read it, and you know, all I could make out was that Chicago was only offering him ten million, and the Bucks said twenty seven million. So yeah, that was one of the two.
Speaker 3: He did admit that salary was part of it, apparently, so I didn't see this. I've just heard that he had eighteen reasons, eighteen pros, Yeah, and this is coming here.
Speaker 2: And then the sleeper was Chicago is one that wasn't discussed or talked about it. And he said that once he made a decision to come to Tampa Bay, he saw no reason to talk about it.
Speaker 3: I think that's that. I think that's true until after it's all settled, right, Yeah, And I actually think that speaks well of Chicago that they were trying to make a move like that.
Speaker 2: Apparently not hard enough, if not enough, offering ten million.
Speaker 3: But I mean there's a lot of teams that didn't get involved at all.
Speaker 2: But that's true, that's true, and and.
Speaker 3: You know, maybe they're like, he's a forty four year old quarterback. We don't want to sign him. There be the ones where he falls off the ledge, right, but that didn't happen to wrong, wrong, wrong, don't doubt Tom Brady is the lesson we've all learned. I have not yet got to hear any of his broadcasts.
Speaker 2: What do you think He starts out a little slow, but then he picks it up and gets into the groove. You can you can hear you You notice the difference in the beginning, and then later on he's more like himself. But you know, there's a lot, there's a lot going on, and you know it's not as easy as everyone believes it is. And each each time I've watched and listened he is certainly it's not easy. Though he certainly has moved in the right direction. The needle is going up and he's going to be very good at it. He he gets into a lot of stuff about quarterbacks and which which I, you know, felt that I thought was very interesting. Sometimes I was like, jeez, I wonder if the casual fan would But then I'm like, well, there's no reason that dummy it down. You know, ahead and do that and learned that's what he's there. Yeah, I learned something. Yeah, I actually got home and we watched that game immediately after you just rewatched it.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's a good idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it was still fresh and then it was it was kind of fun because you know, you knew when a big play was coming up. And interesting enough, the stadium looked really really cool, like you're there, but the way TV shoots that it even you know, I can see why people get excited about having the pirate ship and yeah, and here in the can it's.
Speaker 3: A very unique stadium.
Speaker 2: So it was good and it and you know, they did talk about you know, Tom talked about what Baker said about being a little tense and everything, and I personally felt that I was a little too rehearsed what he was going to say. His quote looks better in print than it did as he delivered it. And he did it, and then they went back to him, like, you know, it was like, oh, I think you have more to say about that. So I don't know if someone would say, hey, you need to finish.
Speaker 3: It between them, they did.
Speaker 2: And it was really very cool, and I I must say, I was very pleased. I was quite shocked. I was in the Spanish radio booth, which is right next to the CBS or I'm that Fox booth, and as I was coming out, guess who I ran into Tom Brady. I did, and he said, hello, how are you? I said, good?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: How about that A pity conversation, right right, you, I had no idea who I was. You probably justiced.
Speaker 3: He probably kind of knew who you were, but maybe didn't know.
Speaker 2: It's funny. It's funny you say that because I mentioned it to Jason Lytton. He goes, oh, he he, he remembered you. I thought that was nice.
Speaker 3: I mean you had to work with him at times, right, yeah, okay, you may have heard me typing on my laptop idea you were talking. That's because we have a series of roster moves were about to put out again. Oh my, well, earlier today we waved defensive woman Ben Stilly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, guy who got a fumble recover.
Speaker 3: I know he was in the field for two defensive plays and got a fund more recover.
Speaker 2: And oh nice job, you're well.
Speaker 3: I mean he could come back to the practice squad. I think that he was on the Arizona practice squad before we signed him. So he's gotten four games in, you know, in a regular season paycheck.
Speaker 2: And don't you have to keep him on your if it's either.
Speaker 3: Three or four weeks. We can remember, if you sign a player off of somebody else's practice squad, you have to keep them on your active roster. It used to be three. We were trying to figure out if they changed it to four. They've changed a lot of the rules on duration of time and IR and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: It's no reflection in this particular instance, it's no reflection out as play. It's a numbers game. How they're trying to get someone else exactly right?
Speaker 3: And I'll tell you what are And then Servasity Dennis, who hurt his shoulder against the Eagles, is going to injury reserve. So well, I mean there's injured.
Speaker 2: Reserve to but he returns one.
Speaker 3: It's a shoulder. Interesting, he would have to miss a minimum before yet, okay, which is maybe about how long they're.
Speaker 2: Anticipating it's not yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: And then so those two open spots were used to promote sign off of not elevate for the game, but actually signed to the fifty three min roster. Wide receiver Serling Shepherd and rookie linebacker Antonio Greer because we needed numbers there because it's probably not likely that Trey Palmer concussion or Jalen McMillan hamstring will play Thursday. I would have hard time seeing a guy clear concussion protocol from Sunday to Thursday, so especially when all you're doing is walk throughs, so you wouldn't never have that like full full football activity. And then we re signed rookie lamback or Kaylin Deloache to the practice squad, and there's still one more spot that will probably be filled tomorrow on the precic squad, so you know we needed to be It could be stilly. I don't know. I don't have any inside information on that, but lots of times when you release a guy from your practice squad but you still like him if you have a spot. I mean, he could sign with anybody at this point. He could be claimed to favers, doesn't matter. Oh yeah, we didn't. We didn't release him. We waved him because he's only a second year player. All right. So anyway, this game, we got to talk about.
Speaker 2: This game something special.
Speaker 3: This is fun. We're not going to be very salty today. I think what I really liked about it was and I noticed right away that the first we get the ball first, right the first five plays.
Speaker 2: And that was the Eagles fault because they won the toss.
Speaker 3: I know, but you noticed that we have changed our we want to start on offense this.
Speaker 2: Year, Baker said, so.
Speaker 3: So we were going to have the ball first no matter who won that. So in that case, you probably want to lose it because then you get to choose the direction and you still get the ball. So, first five plays of that drive, which was a seven yard touchdown drive. By the way, the first time since the twenty twenty two season finale.
Speaker 2: Since Tom Brady was around, that.
Speaker 3: We scored a touchdown on the opening drive.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 3: We actually scored touchdowns under two opening drives and three of the first four. But yeah, on that one, the first five plays, the ball went to five different players. It was like Mike, Trey, Rashad, Bucky and I think maybe Kate, everybody was and Trey Palmer. Yeah, it was five different guys, and it was a lot of We started off with a lot of stuff out to the perimeter, both passes and runs, and because we knew that's what they're going to be giving us. They played a lot of off coverage and and not a lot of man to man and two shell to safety high trying to take away big plays. So we're like, okay, we'll take this until you change and then we'll do other things. And that's exactly what happened, right Yeah, And in the end he had completed it to passes to eight different players for three hundred and forty seven yards. He got the ball repeatedly to Mike Evans, he got the ball repeatedly to Chris Godwin, He got Kate Otton involved. Trey Palmer was having a real nice game before he got hurt on what I thought should have been a penalty a hit on the punt return. He got a concussion. Rashad White got involved in the passing game. Bucky had a.
Speaker 2: Nice catch, Shepherd had a nice catch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sterling chef. That was a big play because they had scored to make yeah, well it was a thirty year play and they had scored in the.
Speaker 2: Quarter to get the first hame.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, to pull within, to pull within ten points, and you're starting to get a little nervous. I have to admit I looked up the biggest blown lead franchise history.
Speaker 2: Twenty six to three La Rams.
Speaker 3: No, that was twenty eight to three, by the way.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, maybe it was twenty eight to three, just like Atlanta Falcons.
Speaker 3: It wasn't that game, though, may I may be misremembering.
Speaker 2: I thought I thought it was the Rams even in three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, when ty jear'msure long touchdown pass yep where the two defenders hit him from each side and they both fell off and he just kept running. Let me look it up. I had looked it up already. I was ready. I didn't want to use it obviously. The answer is twenty five wow. And we were. We had a twenty four zero lead, so it would have been tied for the second worst. But it didn't happen. So it turns out when you get a twenty four point lead, you usually don't blow it the odds up, even if you get scared a little bit along the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I don't think there's enough possessions. That's usually what happens. You know, time runs out, so yeah, but if the team another team is scoring.
Speaker 3: On November eighth, nineteen eighty seven, and this that was the strike season, but this was not a strike game. Buccaneers were up in Saint Louis, my hometown. They were up on the old Bush Old Saint Louis Cardinals. They were up twenty eight to three on the Saint Louis Cardinals going into the fourth quarter and lost thirty one to twenty eight. They have four touchdowns in the fourth quarter. Well, one of them was a defensive What year was that, nineteen eighty seven that would have been under Ray Perkins.
Speaker 2: I think, yes, correct, Okay, his first season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was probably not his favorite game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's probably not good.
Speaker 3: So anyway, you know, just the spreading the ball around, it was big to me. And and they were getting rewarded or Baker was getting rewarded because these guys were fighting for yards. Man like Kate Otton on the sideline shot White a couple of times. Yep, they were fighting for every yard. Those guys, I don't know, they were locked in for that game.
Speaker 2: There was something for everyone in that game. If you were a Buccaneer fan, you know you got to you got definitely got your money's worth, no question on that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're a Mike Evans fan, if you're a Levante David fan, you're addavea fan.
Speaker 2: Well, it was interesting with the Mike Evans thing is you know, Mike was on Buccaneers Total Access last Monday, two Mondays ago, and he made a comment that he likes to get in the mix right away. He likes to just get an easy ball, get me get my juices going blah blah blah. First play of the game, just.
Speaker 3: A bok right there because they were playing way off them and then just get fed on the ball real quick and got six or seven yards.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: In the lost to Denver, which is the bucks only stumbles so far, and it really was a bad one. It was a bad game, especially offensively. Our longest play from scrimmage was thirteen yards in that entire game in one completion in one run. They were thirteen yards in this game against Philadelphia. I was counting. We had six plays of more guards than thirteen in the first two drives alone.
Speaker 2: I just would I find and it'll be interesting on Thursday night if they can continue the way they were playing. I just like the fact that you lay an egg against Denver. Now, as it turns out, Denver's got a pretty good defense. They held the Jets. Aaron Rodgers even though it was kind of bad weather. That being said, when you lay an egg like that and be able to come back and play as well as they did, that speaks a lot for coaching staff, and it speaks a lot of the leaders of this team, because if you, I mean, those guys were not happy about that game, right yeah, And and you and I both been around where teams aren't always that way, you know, they they do it, and especially if it's later in the season, it's like the season's over with whatever, you know, but pride.
Speaker 3: As Baker's pointed out several times, we were three and one to start last year too, and we all know that went west six of our first seven. And I know they're very much aware of this.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, And it's a long road right now with who we play.
Speaker 3: In Michael panic around. The injury report will be a little while untill we announce it. But since this won't be up until tomorrow, right right, I guess the best things Mike Evans didn't practic. It was estimated because they didn't really practice yesterday and it's estimating in today. But Mike Evans improved to a limited as did Will Golston, but still no Collija Kancy still no Antoine Winfield. Yeah, yeah, I was hoping this was the week for those guys.
Speaker 2: I'm this, This is just me talking my philosophy behind this. You're going to have after the Thursday game, you got ten days another t That's probably what they're thinking, so let's make extra doubly triple sure that everything's going to be okay. So I would be very surprised if they were around for this Thursday's game.
Speaker 3: And in fact, Trey Palmer and Jeale McMillan did not practice okay as expected. All Right, So okay, that was a little bit of a sidetrack there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I do. Well, I did that, that's true. Well, we were talking, so anyways.
Speaker 3: I loved the this. These are just I guess these are somewhat in order chronologically because I was writing him down. As the game went along. Came the touchdown run by Baker that was just absolutely perfectly run read zone. Yeah, you know what I'm talking about. He has to decide whether to I think it was Bucky, but it was. He has to decide whether give it to him or keep it himself. And you're reading the defensive end, and if the defensive end crashes down on the back. You keep it, you pull it out. Yep, And he did, and he did, and he read it right, and sure enough that guy just if he had handed it to Bucky, it would have been like a two yard loss. But by going after Bucky and he left lane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Baker just zipped up and all they had was his ankle after he was already in.
Speaker 3: And then he pulled his foot away from the defender and then looked down him and said something. I'd love to know what he said.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Maybe get your weight up, I don't know, get your hands off me. He wasn't Mike, Mike, Mike Evans is miked up. And from my from what I'm hearing, there's some pretty funny story.
Speaker 3: Oh good, Yeah good. So then did not long after that stroling Shepherd got his first catch.
Speaker 2: You know what, if he can stay healthy, he's gonna be I mean, what are you gonna do? Yeah?
Speaker 3: What do you?
Speaker 2: What are you doing? I mean, you got him, you got Chris, you got Mike. If you're a defensive coordinator, who you got.
Speaker 3: It's tough.
Speaker 2: It's tough.
Speaker 3: We do need that third option.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 3: It's good that he's around sensible Jalen and then Trey. Trey was doing a nice job if that.
Speaker 2: Touchdown catch.
Speaker 3: Baker said today he was asked about his tight window throws and if when they watched tape ever later, if he's ever liked just amazed, He says, well, I'm really more impressed by the guys making the catches because like it's like they're running one of those drills on the practice field where people are waving arms and other things in their face and they have to focus and catch that ball.
Speaker 2: The one the one thing, Yeah, the one thing I just really like about Baker Mayfield is he's always even if he makes a great throw, he always talks about the receiver, talks about his fellow teammates, which I think is just great leader leader ship. And we we've been we've all seen that where that's not always the case with with players.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that was a great throw because he is a dark tom er.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Liam Cohen said, it was a really simple play that's been run a million times. It was like a combination. He had the slant or flag no what do you call it. There was a there was a hit. That route was like a deep slant and then there was a route into the flat, so if that's not open, then one of the flat probably is. And Baker chose the more difficult option because there was a linebacker coming from the other way that he had to get the ball over, and he did and a great catch. Chris Godwin also had a great catch on arm You just how you know, really tight window and I don't know how you catch that ball?
Speaker 2: He is, Yeah, you need a third down? Hello, Chris.
Speaker 3: Yeah. He leads the NFL in reception first downs's on third down catches.
Speaker 2: This sew Yeah, I can see that he's going to do that.
Speaker 3: He's got nine of them. That's and that on ten third down catches.
Speaker 2: And again a very humble individual. He spoke on Monday and just you know, like I'm doing my job. You know, we're all in this together. Good fALS.
Speaker 3: So I don't know if you heard all I said there. He's caught ten passes on third down and nine of them have gone for first downs. Do you remember the one that didn't? It was that third and twenty two screen in Detroit where he got nineteen yards. So he's almost ten for ten.
Speaker 2: How dare him not kidding?
Speaker 3: The next thing, I had written down was was just Bucky has just great vision. When he's he makes just he's you can tell he's just got natural vision because he just makes those cuts that you and routinely, and he sees where the lanes are, and even when he gets into the like the second level, he's just so decisive. You know. I don't think that's something that backs can be taught. I think, like just like I don't. I don't think you can probably improve it. But a quarterback is either going to be able to read the field well not or not right. You can probably improve that based on what they have, but you're always gonna have a guy like Tom Brady who just knows just he he can look and see the whole picture. Whereas if I were trying to play quarterback, I would be like, oh is that guy? Wait? Is that guy? You know? Like I wouldn't be able to see the whole field and I would probably throw eight interceptions.
Speaker 2: I really, I really like the combination of both White and and herving it's working. It is. I mean, they're two different, two different styles, and that's that's that's good. That's a good thing, and and uh.
Speaker 3: That's what they wanted.
Speaker 2: I mean, how about the one handed catch which I at first thought I was a forward pass, but no, after further review was I said that.
Speaker 3: Immediately as it was happening, I'm like, oh, that's backwards, and yeah, it makes the one. If that ball hit the ground, not only would tumble, but there's a defender the probably would have picked it up and gone the distance. Yeah, like they did on that crazy blocked extra point. That's the thing. I was bummed by that because that's the first extra point that Chase McLachlan has missed. And sometimes when you have a kick blocked, it's because you probably hit it two lva trajectory and the big guys give. This is one of those weird, rare ones that used to have more often where the guy ran off the edge and dived.
Speaker 2: Well, this last black the last block, backup job.
Speaker 3: You might want to last out. Huh, you might want to edit this out later.
Speaker 2: Nah. Well, wow, the last blocked extra point was against Carolina and we won that game.
Speaker 3: Did you know that before I tweeted that out?
Speaker 2: I looked it up.
Speaker 3: Oh, tweeted that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, Well you didn't have it out as fast as I needed it.
Speaker 3: For Gene, So how did you how did you look that up.
Speaker 2: In the Jean made a cup. Yeah, that's my no, no, no. Jeane made a comment that when was the last He asked, when was the last time that happened? And I got the media guide out and I went through and looked at games because he thought it was Carolina and I looked at the game and went, okay, this is where it was.
Speaker 3: So do you know that I have a file and it's in the weekly game release called the last Time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I didn't, And well we did see that, Yes, we saw that, but we wanted to know.
Speaker 3: Oh what happened? Yeah, okay, because I spent a lot of time on those stat sheets, would be nice.
Speaker 2: No, no, I you know that what you're talking about the last We use that all the time.
Speaker 3: And if you don't understand out they're listening to what I'm talking about. The file is called last time and it's just like fifty different categories and when's the last time it happened? For the Buccaneers, like last time they had a hundred yard rushing game, last time they had two hundred yard rushers in the same game, last time they had an interception for return for a touch and the last time they went by twenty points. Stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Stuff that's great to have, and it's very the whole point.
Speaker 3: The whole point is to save you time during gaming when something happens and you go, wow, when's the last time that happened.
Speaker 2: Sometimes sometimes the last time gets lost in the shuffle of all my papers. I do know how to work the laptop to get to the media.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Geno, this is probably when we should say that. He said Katie bar the door during the broadcast, so we're having influence on the broadcast.
Speaker 2: That was That was great because when he said it, I text Scott right away and said, Jeane just said Katie bar the door and he and Scott replies back, yeah, he told me who was going to do that?
Speaker 3: He just waited for the right moment. It was great.
Speaker 2: But I will say this, Uh, so many people have never heard that before. So I feel good that we've enlightened people.
Speaker 3: I enlightened some people at the plunch table yesterday and none of them have ever heard of.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's one of im not I don't know. But luckily we didn't have to because well that was a play he did.
Speaker 3: Didn't need we were talking about how Baker was just and Bakers himself said, you know, we were just in really them. I was getting the ball into the hands of our playmakers right and letting them make plays. Two d and four of our four hundred and forty five yards of offense were was yak yards after the catch. That's great. That means you're really scheming up good plays where your guys can run with the ball in their hands, they are not just immediately getting hit.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's pretty cool. It was very very cool.
Speaker 3: Did you know who helps Liam in the headset with various things.
Speaker 2: Well, he mentioned it during the the press conference today. I didn't write down who it is, but there's like three different people, one for third downs, one for defensive players.
Speaker 3: And all these prosperous are going on. I'm going to tweet the game. I've got a ready to go.
Speaker 2: I just have to push them, k you just have to push a button.
Speaker 3: Tweet scent that it's just that sence. If you if you follow me on Twitter and get notifications, you'll know exactly when we were recording this because you just got this tweet about our rosters. So it's Josh Grizzard pass game coordinator gives them just kind of general information because they work together designing the passing game. Jeff Castle gives him down in distance and field position, and Brian Pacucci gives him the defensive personnel. And he said that was really important in this game because they were switching back forth a lot because of the heat. No, it's because they were he I didn't. I don't know what this is. But they were running six to one.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that is. I don't.
Speaker 3: But then they would when we went to twelve, they would switch to base twelve means two tight ends and then just the different personal groupings they were switching back and forth between, and we had different plans for whatever they were using, right, So that's why they needed to know.
Speaker 2: That worked out well. But that's that's interesting that And and I guess if you're if you're there, you can't keep track of everything. Plus those guys are up in the box, so that helps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they can, they.
Speaker 2: Can see, they can see, and they're focused on that main event. And that's that's.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I sometimes I'll get into just watching the old line or watching something just and it does change how you, you know, view the game.
Speaker 3: That's true. I had Brie Breed Dicks, Briandon Dick's. She sits next to me in the press box and this this note kept going up and she just kept like just being amazed by it. We started off really well on both sides of the ball, and so at some point we had like one hundred and something yards to their zero net yards, and then it got all the way up by the middle of the Before they finally went on their first touchdown drive in the middle of the second quarter, with seventy eighteen left in the half, the yardage differential was two hundred and fifty four to zero.
Speaker 2: I know that's a bad day.
Speaker 3: We've been on the other side of those couple of times and they feel so bad.
Speaker 2: Alam. Yeah, let's take I don't okay on a Thursday night. Who knew? You know what?
Speaker 3: We haven't brought up somehow in quite some time. We used to accidentally do it, like every podcast is that Indie game in two thousand and three? Yeah, well why it always came up? But it did. Yeah, so why did I bring up? You know? And you gotta admit also, we had sixteen first downs at that point to zero for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have time of possession.
Speaker 3: We had some key injuries, but they also were missing both aj Brown and Devonte Smith, and one has to believe that that makes a big difference to your office.
Speaker 2: Right, But you have to play who you have on the.
Speaker 3: Field and.
Speaker 2: Thoughts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean, at least you can get a little You can give our defense all the credit in the world, particularly Levante David, but you should acknowledge that they didn't have those two or they're great, right tackle.
Speaker 2: Johnson and the Eagles can't take a moral victory, not that there ever is one, but fans like to go. Yeah, but you know, we played close and we didn't have anybody, and you know, on this particular game, you didn't have anybody and you got totally dominated as you should have because you didn't have anybody. And their head coach said that they didn't coach up the backups good enough. You know that they didn't have their horses basically, which I thought was like, I don't know how long he'll be there. No, I'm serious, he's been in a look at last, look at I know.
Speaker 3: I just don't know if we should be talking about other coaches.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I'm not. I'm just saying go ahead.
Speaker 3: Uh. There was a stoppage in the in the I played for a while at one point when a guy on the chain game got hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we actually did an injury update on him, and we did. He was okay, and that's why we did it. And I can't remember his name. No, no, I can't remember Rick, No it was I can't remember Steve. Wasn't something that clicked. But we had the update. And you know, we were a service, We're a full service broadcast and that's why we have TJ on the sidelines. And he said to me, he goes, hey, if you want an update on the first down, guy, I got it. I said, you know what I do want day, let's go with it. We will do anything to get on the Uh. But you know what, that is good stuff because you don't think about it, but people do wonder about stuff like that. And that was that was a hard hit too. You just gotta run over. Yeah it is bleeding, was he?
Speaker 3: Yes, it was a Jordan.
Speaker 2: And I mean Bobby was there. Sam got over there over the hell. Yeah, they were immediate.
Speaker 3: That's good. Yeah, I mean that guy matters too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just I've never been on the sideline during a game because I'm always up in the box. But like when we're at UH practice, when we practice against another team, it's a little faster. I am always shocked how fast it is when you're standing there, how much how fast they come up on you. And I've also learned that when they're coming at you, sometimes you just stand still because they see you and they'll go around rather than you stepping.
Speaker 3: But you have to keep your head on a swivel. You can't be staring at your phone when the place. Unless you're behind the play, then you're okay. But if you're in front of the line of scrimmage on the side, otherwise you could get hurt. You could also just become like the subject of a video that has stored around here forever and then routinely brought people laugh. I think that happened to Alan Barratt, didn't it.
Speaker 2: Probably remember when they used to do the Sniper.
Speaker 4: Yeah in the in the Yeah in the in the hype video where someone would fall where someone would fall down, and then they would run the clip of the Sniper and the movie The Sniper.
Speaker 3: Where he gets his rifle American.
Speaker 2: No, it was another move. I think it was just called The Sniper.
Speaker 3: The Sniper, Yeah, and.
Speaker 2: And he would uh you know, that would show him just patiently waiting, aligning, doing and all of that. But I want to say it was neam. I want to say I can't remember. I don't see a lot of movies, but I do. I did enjoy that.
Speaker 3: There's something called the Sniper from twenty twenty two. Yeah, no, Sniper, the White Raven.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: There is something from nineteen fifty No, no.
Speaker 2: No, this is like in the.
Speaker 3: Mid there's something just called Sniper with Tom Berenger and Billy Zane.
Speaker 2: That might be it.
Speaker 3: What year nineteen ninety three? There's something called the Sniper with from twenty fifteen with Stephen Manzino.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's the one I've never heard.
Speaker 3: Of Stephen Manzino.
Speaker 2: No, no, either way, I got us off on a side trick. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: That's okay. It's good to give him a movie rout. Last week, I think I recommended The Fall Guy, right.
Speaker 2: You did, and I.
Speaker 3: Am.
Speaker 2: I think I'm going to watch that going to Atlanta.
Speaker 3: You got okay, then you got to get there early and started before the because you will have time to finish it on a one hour.
Speaker 2: Right, But I figure I get it on the backside because I just watch it half and a half. Yeah, because going Home always seems to take longer to take off from.
Speaker 3: Okay, I highly recommend it. I can't recommend it enough. Right, Well, you know the toush push still works.
Speaker 2: Oh I hate that play, totally hate it.
Speaker 3: I mean, in the past we have stopped it a couple times. Yeah, so I was hoping, but we didn't stop it once and they used it over and over again.
Speaker 2: Now, well that was their best offensive place. I think they used it, not down on the Eagles at all, just so you know.
Speaker 3: I think they used it like on third and one from the two and then got the first down and then just used it again to get the end zone. Sure, it is annoying because you're looking at going really crap, we can't stop it. Yeah, there's nothing we can do.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, like I said, use what you got, and that's all they had.
Speaker 3: So I did think. You can't say it was a great performance against sick one Barkley because he ended up with like eighty.
Speaker 2: Five yards eighty four yards, had that one big run, he had the big.
Speaker 3: Breakout run, which was bad. But I thought we handled him movie very much. I think you only got twenty five yards on nine carries.
Speaker 2: Otherwise, if you don't have your wide receivers and you're thinking, well, you've got this guy that you know the week before was just a bruiser. It took over the game when they played the Dallas Cowboys. Yeah, so you're thinking, okay, if that's your guy, you know, run them and you got to stop them. And when he did have the ball, they did stop him all except.
Speaker 3: You know, you have to account that did happen, and it got a touchdown because of it and really gained some momentum and got back into the game briefly.
Speaker 2: It did. It did make you go h oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah made it made made.
Speaker 2: You a little bit tighter and makes you go oh. But then our guy Levante David takes care of business.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was great. We can talk about Levante for the next if you want to. There's nothing we're gonna I'm gonna I'm gonna save this one because there's actually in one of the questions from the fans, uh there, he asked me something about Levante and I looked it up and it turns out it's a really good note so teaser alert there.
Speaker 2: So if you you know who you are, something we can use.
Speaker 3: I've already tweeted it out.
Speaker 2: Oh you did. Okay, Well, just because you tweeted it out, it doesn't mean it can't be reused.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just saying it's it's it's a good note. Okay, things we can't. I mean, he had the the thirtieth force fuel of his career, which is tied for the most among active players. And if you look at the top ten or whatever, he's gonna he's gonna be the only guy on that list that is not an edge rusher because they get all those strips, like Jack Barrett. Yeah, Chack Barrett had a ton of them. Levonte Levontas this time was on a strip sack, but the majority of his force formals have not been that. He's rushing the past. So, whatever you thought of Devin White's game, and certainly he was a monster in the Super Bowl run playoffs, right, he had some great year. I think his second year that was a really good year. It maybe didn't end as well as anybody would have liked, Right, Maybe he wasn't at the top of his game. And now he's playing for the Eagles and he's been playing for Yeah, he's been a healthy scratch, but he you can say without hesitation that he was a really good pass rusher, really good. That was probably the best part of his game here. And so you think, well, you're kind of losing that element because I don't think k J. Britt is gonna be use as a pass rusher servasier. Maybe I haven't seen that yet. No, I think he did do it a couple of times in that game. But so Levante just decided, oh, okay, well then I'll just be the great pass rusher. He leads all off ball linebackers in pressure percentage in terms of when he I think in total pressures too. I think he has nine of them already.
Speaker 2: It's becoming like Rende Barber's kurying me loose.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, it's just crazy Levante. It's not just that he's still playing at a high level in this thirteenth season. It's that like he's being ested to do new things and oh gosh, look at this. He's great at it too. Now he's always been good, yeah, but they haven't always used him as much. He did improve his career total to thirty five and a half sacks moved him past Chidi Ahanitu into I think seventh place in Team Mystery. Thirty five and a half sacks was pretty good for an off ball linebary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would think so. And unfortunately, it's kind of like Mike Evans made this comment. He said, had Levante played in a larger market, yeah, perhaps he would get more attention.
Speaker 3: A couple of years ago, I felt like, as much as he probably deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, it probably wouldn't happen for him, unfortunately, just because the lack of Pro Bowls, and so when they're in there, right in that room deciding, somebody's gonna bring up, Hey, he only made one Pro Bowl in his career. I mean, come on, this guy can't be a Hall of Famer. But we all know the circumstances as to why. And then I think it was Greg Ahm and so many pointed made the argument that what we need to happen Now a couple of years later, I'm starting to think maybe could happen. I think people have come around on him a little bit. And Greig said pointed out what we need to happen have happened is Luke Keigley and Bobby Wagner get voted into the Hall of Fame, and then we go, okay, cool, those guys are Hall of Famers. And then you lay all their stats out next.
Speaker 2: To each other and guess who's right there.
Speaker 3: In many cases better, And you know, the only thing you won't have is the same Pro Bowls that they had. And then I think Luke Eagley had a Defensive Player of the Year award, he won't have all the same awards, but you'll look at the numbers and go, well, maybe he should have, you know, if that's the only hole in his resume. Maybe if those two guys are Hall of Famers, and you can point to this and go, yeah, he had more of those than him, he had more of these, He had more of these, He had more of these per season. He had more of these per season, And you think they're Hall of famers? Is in Levante all time? That's that's what That's what our approach is going to be if those guys get in, right, But.
Speaker 2: I agree, I agree wholeheartedly. And he's you know, he's a great person too. Well, yeah, so you got that.
Speaker 3: I told him this fan When we get to his question is gonna love it because, as I said, it prompted me to look it up, actually with the help of Andrew Holman in the communications department, and we looked it up, and I told Levante in the locker room. And it's always the same because through the years, especially in recent years, I've been telling him in Miles Stonesley Reach, like, hey, you just played in your one hundred and eighty third game and you rank fourth or whatever, or you just got this mania, and so he's never he never has known it. Like every time I've told him a note, he hasn't been like, yeah, I knew that. He's like, oh really, and he looks really delighted. But I was talking to Casey Filts about this. He he probably knows that his numbers are really good, and he probably has a general idea what they are, but he probably doesn't know that he specifically has thirty five and a half sacks and thirty fourth fumbles and he's not really paying attention to that. He probably won't until his career is over. But he does like to hear him as anybody would sure, and he's always very nice about it and very pleased to hear it. So this fan. You started a thing that made Levante's day today, So tell your friends. Yay. I mean, we could go on and on about Levonte. He also had a couple third down stops early on when they couldn't get anything going at all, and that you know, it's like third and ten and Jalen Hurts throws underneath and he comes up quickly to make the tackle and they have to punt. He had a couple third down stops. He had the two sacks fourth two second game of his career. Team I eight tackles obviously, the force fumble, and I believe he also had a pass defense. Oh yeah, because the one he almost intercepted, which Larry Foot was joking about today about having to get on him about his hands. He like their feet got tangled up and he tripped his fall into the If he had got that, it would have been remarkable, cause, yeah, it would have been cool. He probably would be NFC Defensive Player of the Week. Yeah, we've nominated it should be anyway. Well, the Communication department nominated him, but they're worried about Troy Anderson of the Falcons, who had sixteen tackles in a pick six.
Speaker 2: Well that's a pretty good day.
Speaker 3: I mean the pick six was was attempted screen pass to one side that got batted up and went to the other side and he just caught it like a simmer fielder.
Speaker 2: Considering I don't think their offense scored a touchdown. They didn't, you know, special teams and a defensive touchdown on I don't know, eighteen thousand field goals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wanted to talk about that. So since you're.
Speaker 2: There on the field goals or eighteen thousand.
Speaker 3: On the game winning field goals, So they go down, they being the Atlanta Atlanta Falcons. The Saints go up twenty four to twenty three two minutes to play.
Speaker 2: No, it's less than a minute, yeah, because well they went What I was gonna say is the Falcons rather the Saints went up with two minutes to play.
Speaker 3: No, I'm saying they went up with one minute to play.
Speaker 2: Oh they did. I'll look it up to be sure, make sure, because when I looked up, I thought it was like two minutes left in the game and Falcons had are the Saints had scored, And I was like, damn.
Speaker 3: There was exactly there was exactly one minute left in the game when they scored.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: So and when I don't know, lets see if there was a kickoff return or just a touch back. Uh yeah, So kirk Cousins they start the ball, they have the ball on their thirty after a touchback with exactly one minute left and they're losing by one. Now we know by the end of this that they drove quote unquote for the game winning touchdown, I mean field goal. But here's what happened. They get they started the thirty because the new kickoff roles right. First play, they get five yards. Next play, they false start, so they're back to the thirty. Okay, next play is incomplete on third and ten. No second and ten, but they get a thirty yard pass or fearance call. Now I have to min I haven't watched the replay, so I don't know if it was a tiki tak call or.
Speaker 2: A good call.
Speaker 3: So that's all they've got so far is the thirty yard pass reference that takes the ball to the New Orleans forty. Then kirk Cousins throws incomplete down the field three straight times on the first three downs. So he goes from first and ten on the forty to fourth and ten on the forty they send out Young Wayku. Oh, they didn't have any time outs, by the way, they send out Young Wayku, who's a great, great kicker, yep, and he nails a fifty eight hour fieldal and that's that. So this entire game winning drive was one thirty yard passing reference penalty and a kicker who can kick it from a mile. And I was thinking about how the new kickoff rules, plus the proliferation of kickers like Jase McLaughlin and Young Wayku and Brandon Aubrey and all these guys who you can send out there. You sit him out there in fifty five and you're almost sure he's gonna make it. You send him out there in fifty eight and you.
Speaker 2: Still have a good feeling, and it's worth to try.
Speaker 3: If if I were the Falcons, if a new's going to happen, would I rather be the Falcons needing a fifty eight yard field goal or the Saints needing it to miss? I would rather be the Falcons. I would too, because I think he's gonna make that, especially.
Speaker 2: Especially at home in that stadium. It's at indoors. It helps turf or field turf, whatever it's called.
Speaker 3: But it's just It's just a way in which subtle changes to the game. It's crazy have made something like this possible. You can you imagine one minute.
Speaker 2: That it they are winning game. Well, they are figuring out a way to win. Now that that's.
Speaker 3: Great for the other team, seems to be helping them.
Speaker 2: But it's hard to sustain that throughout the year. You know, you know, you're you're your win against the Eagles at the very.
Speaker 3: End because of some questionable play calling.
Speaker 2: There you go, and and I have no idea about the thirty yard I didn't realize it was that. I just knew that they kicked a fifty.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. You probably just assume they got they got a couple of completions, got down there and right, no, they got one past ferencipientality. They had no offense on the.
Speaker 2: Get certainly make it interesting on Thursday, then for sure.
Speaker 3: Well, hopefully we're not in a close game. No, I mean unless yeah, I don't want.
Speaker 2: To be what I was more like saying, Kirk Cousins was going to be playing like, oh Cousins played, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, Kirk Cousins is well, let's see what he did in the game. Yeah, Well, he's twenty one thirty five for two and thirty eight yards, no touchdowns and one pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Bejahn Robinson seven carries for.
Speaker 2: Twenty eight yards and he's on the injury or.
Speaker 3: He's got a hamstring. Let's look at today's update.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw that, which he's a very good runner and he's had some good games against us.
Speaker 3: He was limited again today.
Speaker 2: Okay, well they just rested him. Yeah, everybody's kind of limited. After you know you're gonna play a Thursday game, you're kind of limited.
Speaker 3: We had twenty players on an injury report by the time that game started. Yeah, and then then Trey Palmer and.
Speaker 2: Added to it, got hurt. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised we didn't have more guys dropping out, and the Eagles actually did have a couple of guys. They even reported it like they report injuries who were out of the game because of cramping. Yeah, it felt I heard during the game, I think it was around three o'clock that the feels like temperature on the field was one and ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, and there really wasn't much of a breeze.
Speaker 3: And it did feel like we handled it better. That's always been the theory.
Speaker 2: Right, And the other side of the coin is I think the humidity was even higher because of the hurricane rolling through and just still yeah, just that humidity, the humanity was very high and then all the moisture.
Speaker 3: It's just ugly, very much. So it's uh so, And that's always been the theory, right, We practice in this type of stuff, so we should be able to handle it better, especially in the third and fourth quarters. It hasn't always been the way it worked out, no, but it's kind of felt like that in this game.
Speaker 2: Well, it was kind of nice that, you know, the start to game, the first two drives, you know, the offense was on the field for a long time, you know, just marching down the field, tire them out, tire them out, and then a lot of three and outs.
Speaker 3: For their first three drives, and then and then even when they made us punt on the third one, they messed up the punt and we got the ball in the fall, which I think I'm really beginning to like this. What do they call it, the guy in the sky or the assistance, I don't remember the terminology they're using. But it's not a challenge situation.
Speaker 2: No, No, they're just looking at it and saying, hey, what we're seeing you didn't see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're telling.
Speaker 2: We're correcting, we're correcting in.
Speaker 3: Real time, in real time like they see. In this case, the rest of the flag. The rest threw a flag for running into the kicker on Josh Hayes maybe and because he I mean running into the returnment, so fair catch interference.
Speaker 2: And it was a late arm to go first, really late, very.
Speaker 3: Late, but Josh probably would have had a chance because it happened on another play not quite as late, but still pretty late where he was coming out in full beat and then he had to kind of dance around him and he could have maybe done that. But what the what they saw in the sky was that, uh, the guy, the guy that Josh had beaten, the defender or the eagle pushed him yep, and pushed him into the returnment and therefore was not a penalty and therefore we recovered the fumble, which was a nice piece of officiating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there was a couple.
Speaker 3: Of moments like that in that game where they took information from that and and really got the right call.
Speaker 2: And I agree with you, whether it's for you or against you. I do like the fact that you want to see it again. I want to see it be right there, you know. And I think that comes stems from the playoff game where the Saints didn't get it pass rams but it was against the Saints.
Speaker 3: So did you did you notice that the safety that Mike Evans beat? Did you notice who that was? C? J. Gardner Johnson, the biggest trash talker in the NFL, longtime nemesis of the Buccaneers from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he said something he did you know.
Speaker 3: He said something inflammatory?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, what he basically said is we're going to take belt to ask and then walked out out on the field.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I don't think that happened.
Speaker 2: Doesn't It didn't wear well? What do they say when a tweet doesn't last very long or doesn't? I guess it's didn't well, didn't age.
Speaker 3: Well, there you go, freezing cold takes. Oh hey, look it's Tavi or Thomas Charger.
Speaker 2: I wonder if we can hear it if he the gate's open, so he may take off a little.
Speaker 3: Does he have like enhanced mufflers? I don't know. It's because I had a charger and hit me and it didn't make a lot of noise.
Speaker 2: And see what he does here? He comes around, he's I really do like that car? Yeah, Oh he's really good. He just kind of rolls out a couple of them, like I loved that car, man, all right, well you can get one.
Speaker 3: I already had one.
Speaker 2: Well you can get another one, all right. Didn't love it that much?
Speaker 3: No, I didn't. I you know, I don't. I don't drive as fast as I used to drive.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 3: My wife is very happy about that.
Speaker 2: Yes, so the rest.
Speaker 3: So is everybody gonna get in the car with me or around you. I'm still and I'm not gonna make a lot of fans with this.
Speaker 2: No, you're not.
Speaker 3: I'm still. I'm still anti blinker though. Oh I hate all these people constantly telling me to use their People have bumper stickers that say use your blinker. I use my blinker if there is a need for me to use.
Speaker 2: My note, I use my blinker all the time.
Speaker 3: If I'm changing lanes and there's not a car in the other lane for a while, why do I need to put my blinker on? I'm not. I'm not giving any any information that they need. And then if you're on like I four going to Orlando and you you're in the second lane and you want to get in the fast lane. If you put your blinker on, you know what they're gonna do. They're gonna rush up to close the gap so you can't get in, So you just gotta go.
Speaker 2: You're you're figuring you're not gonna telegraph your move. Is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just gonna go before they know what's happening.
Speaker 2: I turned my blinker on going into my drive one.
Speaker 3: See that's what I'm saying. Like it Okay. So if I'm all habit, if I'm in the if I'm rolling up to my neighborhood, it's a right hand turn, and there's somebody coming the other way. It's just a two lane road. There somebody coming the other way approaching me. As I'm starting getting there to turn, I will turn my blinker on them because that's the information that they would need to know whether if they're going to turn right. They need to know whether I'm going straight or not.
Speaker 2: Where I come out. It irritates the crap out of me. Where where I come out or where we live. There's a traffic light and across the way is another housing development that comes out. Either you can go straight, or you can turn left or go right. I hate when people sit there and they're going to go left, but they don't put their blinker on, so I have to sit and wait because I don't know if you're going straight.
Speaker 3: That's the situation where you should put your blinker.
Speaker 2: If you're going straight or whatever. And there are more accidents there because people who are going straight. People are so used to people not turning.
Speaker 3: It that wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So use your blinker all the time and then you don't have to wonder what.
Speaker 3: The situation is not going to happen, you.
Speaker 2: Meaning the universal you, not you, Scott Smith.
Speaker 3: I'll use my blinker when it needs to be used.
Speaker 2: Do you know in the state of New York, if it was in the state of New York, if you don't use your blinker, you can get a ticket.
Speaker 3: Well that's one of the I said. I use it when it needs to be used. If I see a cop I use it. Why would I need to use a blank?
Speaker 2: I know that. Well it was back when.
Speaker 3: I happened to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really really yeah, So that's why why do you need to use.
Speaker 3: Your blinker when you're in the turnline a designated turnline and I've always wanted for somebody to get mad at me it that way and say why did you use your blinker? And I would say because it was the fact that I was in the turnline of clue. Did that tip you off at all?
Speaker 2: The big white curved arrow saying.
Speaker 3: The lines on the road that say turn here?
Speaker 2: Yeah? All right? What else?
Speaker 3: You got a lot?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Keep going? You're studying it though.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just looking at like Baker didn't really have to run a lot or move around in the pocket nearly line nearly, not anything like the Denver game. And also he purposely did.
Speaker 2: Some props to the for the for the old line really coming together well.
Speaker 3: Also he had his lowest He threw an average of two point two two seconds yep after snap, which is as fast as he's had in a game with us, which was clearly a plan.
Speaker 2: Well maybe that's the new plan.
Speaker 3: Well, it can't be, for it depends on what the defense, the scheme is, and what their persons.
Speaker 2: But in this case, so that explains why you can't always do that.
Speaker 3: You can't always do that. I mean, you could always throw the ball really quickly, but it's not going to be effective against and some defenses will be inviting you to throw the ball down field.
Speaker 2: A little bit more.
Speaker 3: So he was throwing the ball quickly, but when he did move around, he did it well. He threw on the run very well, several times, right like those little side arm flicks that he does usually to Chris Godlin, Yeah, those are pretty sweet. And then there was a key defensive holding call. I think it maybe was on that answering drive after they scored in the third quarter. I'm not going to look it up, but there was a key defensive holding call and I think it was out in the left flat, and it probably wouldn't have happened if Baker had taken the sack because I believe he escaped. It was a pretty neat escape and he got out and he was scrambling to his left extended to play, and that's when the defensive holding call. So if he had not been able to get out of that pressure, that collapsing pocket, there probably would not have been a flag. And that flag kept the drive going because it was on third doun. So sometimes your mobility not only allows you to find I mean, it just keeps things going so something can happen. It might be a catch it might be you scramble for the first down, and it might be you get a flag that helps you out. And that's so that mobility that he shows when he's in his you know, which he's done well in like three of the four games of this season, can really help you in a lot of ways. Meanwhile, the defense gets Oh. Also, Baker's performance was really good. He had like one hundred point six passer raining or something that's with six passes being dropped. As good as our played, they did drop.
Speaker 2: I was going to bring that up is I was really shocked how many people were dropping balls and it wasn't just one individuals. It was weird.
Speaker 3: Because I think had one.
Speaker 2: I'm always surprised when and they weren't. It wasn't like they were uncatchable walls, so to speak.
Speaker 3: I wonder sometimes, though, who's compiling that information how well some drops? All drops are not created equal. Cam Johnson's drop was the bad kind of drop. That was a bad and I felt terrible for him.
Speaker 2: And Mike Evans had a drop and we thought maybe he was because of where how he was running was in the sun and the way it comes off that stadium. Because Dave Morris talked about the sun at Raymond James Stadium, how it does affect you lose the you do lose the ball, and then Mike talked about it also that you you know, you you got an idea where it is, but you don't know until it's like on top of you.
Speaker 3: It's just that we have set such an unreasonable stand that too, I mean, he had I don't know if these were among the ones that were called drops. He had the second fade that could have been a touchdown yep, that he didn't haul in. But that's a really difficult play. Should that be called a drop?
Speaker 2: No, But it's Mike Evans, It's it's a drop.
Speaker 3: We expect him to think it. And then he had another one down the right sideline that was like over the shoulder, you know, leaking towards the sideline, really tough play and he didn't catch it. And I didn't sit there thinking, well he dropped that. I did think he catches that a lot of the time. But I don't know if we should be calling that a drop, And I don't know if that is included in these six drops, right, But yeah, there were drops.
Speaker 2: Well, whether they are or not, you just felt like they were dropping a lot of balls.
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that is something that definitely needs to be cleaned up because you may need those drops.
Speaker 3: To be not dropped.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Uh, the defense obviously had a great day. You could tell the v Tove was back.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, what a difference.
Speaker 3: Not just because of that sack, which was the best of well ever, that was great.
Speaker 2: What I just love when he goes through there.
Speaker 3: That one where he got that sack on third down early in the game was like he comes up and he's moving to his left and he runs into the blocker and it's just like he's so strong and the guy didn't have any.
Speaker 2: Leverage, little raged dology.
Speaker 3: He just kind of tossed him that way and then redirected and got to the quarterback and like two steps. It was so you could tell the difference. And I'm not going to go deep into that because that's also a topic of one of the questions today and I'll get into it a little bit more.
Speaker 2: You know, kind of guy I don't I guess I'm not really talking out of school. Had to think for a second with Vita Baya yesterday, I was had to go to the guard check and I was coming back and there was a car sitting there and it was actually uh Uber Eats or something like that delivering and.
Speaker 3: Like how you did jazz hands for the breath?
Speaker 2: Yeah, whatever, I wouldn't use that, but anyways, they so Vita came out the front and so we let the guy drive into the gate. I told the guard, Oh, it's okay, I'll walk over there.
Speaker 3: And I thought you were saying, Vita got out of the Uber Eats. No, no, no, which you wouldn't think he would need a side.
Speaker 2: No. No. He was standing there and there were I want to say, eight bags full grocery bags, eight of them. And I said, you need any help, and he goes, no, and he takes four in this hand, four in this hand. And I said, well, at least I'll get the door for you. And I said, wow, hungry, huh, and he goes, I got to feed the d line, I got to take care of the boys. So it was really very very cool. I said, wow, you're not even a rookie. He goes, got to take care of what it was, I don't know, but it smelled really really good. It really did. I don't know, but it was.
Speaker 3: I was listening to another podcast and they were having an argument about in and Out versus Waterburger. Have you had both?
Speaker 2: What? In and out? Love? In and out? I love how I love the whole process of in and out.
Speaker 3: You mean like waiting forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: For you don't have to wait that long.
Speaker 3: It's always packed. They're very, very.
Speaker 2: Efficient, And I and I even kind of mix it up because I don't particularly care for the special sauce, but I like the way they do things. I like how the Hamburger sits on its side not flat.
Speaker 3: Does that too?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and their fries are really really good. Yeah, no, I like have you had? I really can't. I know there was one didn't last went out of Yeah, I went out of is Now.
Speaker 3: I never got anything from there. But I've had it in Texas before, and uh, I know there's a sacrilegi if anybody's listening from California. Uh, but I like Waterburger better than good, don't get me.
Speaker 2: Wrong, No, no, no, but there's always that argument, you know, what's better depending on what you know. But yeah, no, I was in California in August. It went to in and out Burger twice twice. Yeah, yeah, went once because you got it, you gotta go. And then it was like, and I don't eat a lot of red meat, so I was kind of like, yeah, I think I went another one. And what I love about it is you could do a single patty, double, patty, triple, you can add whatever how many patties you want. Could you have ten if you wanted them. And they're always very smiling there. They are the people there, and they're just it's very clean.
Speaker 3: Just well, I'm not ripping up in and Out. I'm just telling you, I like what a Burgerbut I lost it.
Speaker 2: Okay. We were talking about food, and they were talking about food, and they.
Speaker 3: Well, you said you went to In and Out twice? Yeah, and how many days were you there?
Speaker 2: Well? Was there a week? So yeah, but I went twice in like three four.
Speaker 3: Whenever my family goes to Saint Louis to visit family, uh huh, we always go to a place called Line's Choice at least twice. And it's only in Saint Louis in this round area. If they have one down here, I'd be there all the time. And my son loves it too, and he did not grow up in Saint.
Speaker 2: Louis, right, it's funny that that there are a little restaurants that you like anybody.
Speaker 3: Georgia Tech Club baseball team played Kennesas State this weekend. Oh yeah, Alex pitched two innings and struck off five nice. Nice.
Speaker 2: What happened to the other one?
Speaker 3: Play out the left?
Speaker 2: Okay? So he did? He did walk to Okay. So he faced eight bad.
Speaker 3: Eight batters, struck off five of them.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good. Yeah, that's good. Congrats. You're gonna get to see him maybe for ten minutes on Thursday.
Speaker 3: We're going to go to an Italian restaurant. He's probably Wednesday.
Speaker 2: He's probably Wednesday. He's probably gonna order in advance.
Speaker 3: The Smith's food's ready.
Speaker 2: Gotta go, Dad, your food's on table.
Speaker 3: Got a soccer game, gotta go. So we ended up with six sacks. I'm sorry to get back to football.
Speaker 2: That's all right.
Speaker 3: We ended up with six sacks mostly we had the season obviously, since we had zero the previous two games. We've had six sacks in a game ten times in the last ten seasons. How many of those games you think we won? All correct? Seems like that's a good thing.
Speaker 2: That would be a good Yeah, I would think you would win.
Speaker 3: Sex trumped six drops. We only allowed them three point two yards per pass play yep, which is really low.
Speaker 2: Then all in all, it was a very Now we had some issues on special teams.
Speaker 3: Well, the block pat what else. The punts weren't going very far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the funds weren't going very far. So that's gonna be you know which way are we're gonna go on that? Right, Well, they have to wait and see.
Speaker 3: If you don't know, we have a punter on the practice car named Trent and Gill was the Bears punter of the last two seasons and in this last game they elevated him and Ja Kamar's not hurt, but they he's been a bit inconsistent for a while now, and I guess letting them try to work some things out. So we don't know if that's gonna be a one time thing. You can only elevate him three times, so if you wanted to keep using the other punter, you have to make some other kind of provision. Yeah, so we don't know. We'll see on Thursday. You can wait until the day of the game when you're playing on Thursday or Monday to make your roster moves for Sunday games. You have to put your prices, got elevation games decisions out on Saturday, So you'll probably go into.
Speaker 2: Till you won't know until Thursday, then, is what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I mean we won't publicly know. Yeah, there's a chance that I will know that you will.
Speaker 2: Not, right, but I'm just saying that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Eagles only had one passing third down wow, which I mean first down on They only had one conversion of a third down on a passing play, which is not a sustainable way to do an offense unless you're like the Ravens who can run for two undre and fifty yards. You know that that worked out really well, the whole idea of put tearing Derrick Henry with Lamar Jackson. You could see it worked a perfection.
Speaker 2: The other night. The other night, Yeah, I'm not sure I watched the first half of that game. I like to watch games that we're going to play when we're going to play a team.
Speaker 3: The Eagles allowed one hundred and five yards on mistackles. It's a difference when you're on the other side.
Speaker 2: Of the one miss tackle on Chris God.
Speaker 3: Yeah. See when when when it's our side, we say we made a great play, yeah, And when it's the other side, it's say miss tackle.
Speaker 2: Well, he he, you know he missed. That was I'm sure. I'm sure he's taken heat and a lot of ribbon when they run that tape back and forth, back and forth, because it's like, how did you how did you miss him? Right there dead the rights?
Speaker 3: But nope, Zion McCollum.
Speaker 2: Playing against his twin brother who.
Speaker 3: Had he had a fall star. Zion now we got to call his name on plays he's been targeted on. So far this year, Zion now has allowed six receptions and has six passes defense.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good, very good.
Speaker 3: If you could finish the season with as many passes defense as uh receptions allowed, you'd probably be in the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, and one of the receipts. He only allowed two receptions on five targets on Sunday, and one was that scrambling touchdown pass. And that's a rough call because they what they say is you're the nearest defender, we don't know for sure actually covering him because that became a scramble drill and you know, they just get open, you know, he might have been covering this guy and then Paris Scamble was over there and he ends up close to him. Zion wasn't even part of that coverage, but he was charged with that one. We had our highest pressure rate on defense since in a game since twenty twenty one, forty point six percent. Wow, we blitzed only fifteen times. This is weird to me.
Speaker 2: I know the stats.
Speaker 3: Say we only blitzed fifteen times. It looks to me like we were blitzing on every dropack.
Speaker 2: They were showing. It looked like they were showing a blitz, but it didn't.
Speaker 3: There were similar pressures, right.
Speaker 2: And everybody was Todd Bulls disguise as has blitzed so well. Bo Allen remember when Bo played with us. He was talking about just watching that game and watching all of the the movie and all of the you just don't know who's coming.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: Everything is disguised so well, and even when you know his defense, you're still not really sure who's going.
Speaker 3: So we only had fifteen blitzes, but they produced eight pressures.
Speaker 2: And for SATs, I like to see that again on Saturday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So Thursday I was thinking myself, I'm looking at the stats going couldn't have been just fifteen blitz because I swear in the second half it looked at me like there were blitzing on every single play.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: So we played zone almost completely the whole game. I mean, we had a plan and it worked.
Speaker 2: It did and and it you know, you have this short week and how they prepare for for the it's a good thing that it's a team that you're used to playing now. Of course there's a whole new different regime and uh and with the Atlanta Falcons with Raheem Morris as the head coach regime. But but it is kind of that Rams type offense. So we should have some about that or a general feel. I feel good about that. Good what else you got?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty good. I think we could cover all the bases you want to get to the fans question, Well, yeah, let's just we have a lot of them.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Well let's go and we don't have to stop because we so limited time wise for players, everything's been shifted all over the place. We we just don't have the opportunity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're not gonna have a player. I meant to say that upfront. Yeah, obviously the fans know that by now, because yeah, well we go this time short week. We didn't want to. They don't have a ton of time.
Speaker 2: They don't and and it's hard. It's been hard enough to try to get everything in that we need to get for all the different other things we're doing. So all right, fan questions, who's up first?
Speaker 3: Well, okay, okay, Robert Humphrey, we heard from him. He's from Virginia. Okay, Hello, salty Dog, Scott and Jeff. Great win for the team against the Eagles. Unfortunately in my region, this is a Washington Commanders area, and we did not get the game of the week. So hopefully I'll have a chance to see the replay on the NFL network untilt. They put up full game press broadcast on YouTube too. Yeah, you might be able to find it there, he says. I remember the Bucks first playoff win, which was against the Eagles.
Speaker 2: Well, you can get it also on the NFL replay for free. No, I don't think it's for free. But then there's also if he has like the NFL Network, if he looks at they do a lot of replays during the day of all the.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's what he was talking about. He says, I remember the Bucks first playoff win, which was against the Eagles, it seems, which is true. It was nineteen seventy nine, first trip to the playoffs. We had won the division, so our first game was in the NFC Divisional round and it was against the Eagles. Was score twenty four to seventeen. I think Ricky Bell ran for a million mile yards. I remember the book. Okay, I already said that it seems we've built a small, small rivalry against the Eagles. My question is what is our win loss record against the Eagles regular and playoffs? And have we played against the Eagles the most in the playoffs? Thank you for both, for all you do. Great job. You both seem to enjoy and like what you are doing, not just as a job, but as true fans. It's fun to work for an NFL team on that line.
Speaker 2: No question, no question.
Speaker 3: Okay. We are nine and nine now after that win all time against the Eagles in the regular season, nine and nine, and we are four and two against them in the playoffs. And yes, that's the most games against the most playoff games we have against any team. So there's your answers. I like it all right, next to is our friend from Brazil, Alexander the White Salty Ones. Hope this finds you both well. Another sample of how football is a tot team game and that time we were on the winning end. Again, fire them cannons. Vita Bay is not is just not from this planet. How can he be fully recovered from his knee injury or I guess not fully recovered and play all those snaps like he did on Sunday? Right, that was pretty cool. Mike freaking Evans, what a player. I love the intro to your article, mister Smith that said he now is coming for the Kickers records. So I had an article prepared because when he caught that touchdown, it made him the all time scorer in team history, Yes, surpassing Martin Gramatica, a kicker.
Speaker 2: And Martine was up on the board and saying congratulations.
Speaker 3: We had a little video.
Speaker 2: Very cool and that's not easy. That is not easy to do to beat a kicker.
Speaker 3: Well, you know that, you know the net you want to give it the note about how many teams have that no go ahead? Mike is just the third player currently in the NFL to be the all time leading scorer for his team. Is not a kicker, and the other two our Hall of famers, Jerry Rice for the forty nine ers and Emmitt Smith for the Cowboy.
Speaker 2: I would say that's pretty good company. That's a good company's kind of throwing it out there.
Speaker 3: And the way kickers change teams a little more often these years, I'm not sure that anybody's going to catch Mike right. I mean, he's probably gonna always be our all time leading score because he's going to add to it. For one thing, he's only three away from one hundred touchdown catches, two away from one hundred total touchdowns because he had one on a funnel recovery a few years back. Anyway, I wrote I had a story prepared for that, and that was the line that now he's coming for the kickers records because he already holds all the receiver records from what you know and can share, obviously, is there a chance any of the injured players from weeks past, not including Trey Palmer for example, can be available for Thursday Night Football? And I wish you guys a great short week. It must really be difficult to put up all those articles in three to four days. Since you did. Thanks reading Alexander. Now, have you had a hard time putting up a bunch of articles in the last couple of days.
Speaker 2: Yeh no, but I'm having a hard time getting all the broadcast pieces together because we're traveling tomorrow and I have to get it done twelve. Yeah, because it's you can work remotely, but depending on the internet you have somewhere trying to get moving files round is just did you ever.
Speaker 3: Get the Wi Fi on the plane? I do? I never do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do, well, a lot of times. I do it because you use it for texting, so that you know it goes in and out. But you do the best you can with it. Depends on what plane, It depends on how many people are on it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, if you have extra seats, it's helpful.
Speaker 2: Not happening in this trip.
Speaker 3: You know, we talked earlier about the injury report. If we had inside information, we could not share it and they would be in trouble with the NFL if we did correct. But all you can do is read the injury report and the fact that Antoine and Callija, those are the in Luke have not practiced Lucas Luke has been limited. Yeah, he's the one in the concussion protocol, but he's still limited. And it's the same thing you said about the other guys. It could be just, hey, let's get through one more game and then we'll have ten.
Speaker 2: Get ten ten days off and you're ready to be in New Orleans.
Speaker 3: So I'm not personally, I don't have any inside information and I wouldn't share it if I did, correct, but I'm personally not very optimistic.
Speaker 2: About any of those at this stage.
Speaker 3: Now, all right, this one's from cold and Phipps.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: I mean we had our first email from him last week.
Speaker 2: I don't remember because I liked the name Colton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's surprised by that. The cliffhanger is killing me. Who was in the Green Charger? I should remember. I meant to save that till now. Yeah, so you've been informed. It's tavi Ere time. Wow.
Speaker 2: We didn't want him to wait any longer.
Speaker 3: It's Colton again. And this is and that is what I prefer to go by because we were trying to think of He goes by Colton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did, isaid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks for all the name love. Haha, first time I've ever heard that. I'm surprised by that because we both thought it was a cool sounding name. Where is he from Idaho? As he's our self proclaimed official Idaho Buccaneers ambassador.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a cowboy name, so maybe that would fit out there West go.
Speaker 3: Ahead because it has the word cult.
Speaker 2: Well, it just has that cowboyish name, right.
Speaker 3: I have noticed a couple of other teams.
Speaker 2: You know, Colt as in a gun, Colt as in Horsey, you know, right, But.
Speaker 3: His name's cold Ton, Okay, Colton. I have noticed a couple of other teams and get the coldt on without Colt. I've noticed a couple of other teams where the guardian caps on their helmets to avoid concussions even during games. When do you think Tampa will have the guardian caps that look like the helmet design. I would much rather the squad looks silly with those caps in the helmets than to keep getting head injuries. If I remember correctly, Trey Palmer got a concussion in the Philly game. Thanks up with the good work and stay salty. Colton Phipps, Official Idaho Buccaneers Ambassador, and he says go ahead. In quotes, that's Jeff Ryan My new favorite quote. The way you're always telling me to go ahead, go ahead, go ahead, we can use it. Does he use it? Yeah, well, I mean he says it's his new favorite quote. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I give these in a conversation. Someone says, yeah, you're acting like my wife. Now what I'm asking?
Speaker 3: We give her a piece of information, and then you have a whole bunch of more questions than I can't possibly know the answer.
Speaker 2: Inquiry minds want to know, like, hey, you know.
Speaker 3: Hey, my friend at work is getting married. Oh really, where are they getting married? I don't know. I didn't ask when is the wedding? I didn't ask. I don't know. All I know is they're getting married. Well are they going artgument? I don't know. I know they're getting married. I know nothing.
Speaker 2: Else.
Speaker 3: Can't tell you how many times of conversations like that, right, So I'm acting like I'm the aggrieved party here, But I think she would say, well, why wouldn't you ask those questions? This is this is the men and women kind of different type of things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got the same I got the same issue. I don't normally ask all those questions like you were just saying.
Speaker 3: I was just curious, like you've been with you were with that person work all day.
Speaker 2: How could you not ask that? It didn't cross my mind.
Speaker 3: So it's not a matter of when we get those because they they do have Guardian caps that have the helmet design, so you know, you see the league doesn't want to cover up the logos.
Speaker 2: No, but what they did. I did see this last night on the Alliance game, which, by the way, the Lion's helmet was very cool.
Speaker 3: Those uniforms were sweet.
Speaker 2: Those were bad. But did you see they had the help They had it and then they put the sticker on h But it did look kind of funky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean, I think it's what Colton saying here, it's a trade off. Okay, it may look a little funny, but.
Speaker 2: But it only makes funny because we're not used to seeing it. It's kind of like all the bright colors of uniforms at first you saw them one, what are they doing? You know? Why is all that so?
Speaker 3: Well? It's it's just none of our players have chosen to well wear one yet, right. The players decide whether or not they want to do so, Yeah, and so far none of ours have not yet. I wonder if Luke Gettekey might consider it. Maybe comes back.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 3: Uh so, yeah. Somebody a few weeks back asked us a few weeks back, acts ask us, God, now I'm having trouble talking like you, Jeff.
Speaker 2: That's because you're a writer.
Speaker 3: If there were other I go on camera two, if the excuse I talked for a little years ago. On camera two, somebody asked us what our favorite alternate uniforms around the league where And we were having a hard time thinking ones. But those Detroit ones go right to the top. I think those new Yeah, I know those were fantastic. Yeah, I'm sure they have some funky name from like night Sky.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I disliked the blue in on that helmet. That was strong.
Speaker 3: That helmet was great, well done. All right. This was from Philip Squadron, who may be an in and out fan because he's from Woodland Hills, California. Hey s doggs. That was a perfect Sunday morning. Eagles at home Sunday morning because he's in California. Eagles at home, kick their butts. Tom Brady into house, Baker on fire Vita with the most satisfying sack of the year, Lavonte playing lights out, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. Good points, it's good quick history for the young fans. Yes, we beat the Eagles in the playoffs last year, and we beat them in the NFC Championship in two thousand and two. But who remembers the bucks very first playoff win in team history was against the Eagles in nineteen seventy five nine nine. Well, that other fan remembered it. Selman destroyed Jaworski, Doug Williams through a TD to Jimmy Giles, and Ricky Bell ran wild twenty four to seventeen wins. So I did remember the score, right, Yeah. Our success success being the Eagles, goes back forty five years. Question. Living in California, I have never made it out to Tampa to see a game or the stadium. Are there any tributes to that seventy nine team around, any pictures of plaque or anything remembering their turnaround from fourteen to nineteen seventy nine. I don't think so.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I mean there's some players from the team in the ring I honor, yeah, but I don't think there's a plaque or anything anywhere.
Speaker 2: No. No, But I do think they're gonna Well I don't. I have to wait and.
Speaker 3: See there's some stuff along the top of around the top of the walls in the locker room that celebrates various.
Speaker 2: Eras, right John McKay, Yeah that yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks Phil. All Right, this is from Anthony. I'm gonna guess it's pronounced nab k n abba or probably Anthony abb. You can write us back and let us know how if I butcher your name or not. Hey, salty dogs, hope you're having a great morning. My name is Anthony and this this is my second time riding in and what a perfect time to write in again being a Pennsylvania native. Nothing better than to see the Bucks having the number of the team I was always forced to hear about since I wrote in last year. I actually moved down to Macon, Georgia exclamation point. That's why I said it like that, which is great, Which is great because it makes me even closer to hopefully attending my first Buccaneers home game now that it's much more manageable distance. But now I have to deal with going from Eagles and Steelers fans to now divisional opponent fans. Yeah, we go through Macon when we drive up to Atlanta. Yep, up off it's probably like a six hour drive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Macon's about an hour hour and a half from minute. Yeah, so yeah, it's not a bad drive though.
Speaker 3: No, I've I've become pretty good at that drive.
Speaker 2: You could be very, very ambitious and get up early in the morning and drive.
Speaker 3: That's a hard thing for Jazelle and I we been Oh he couldn't mean. Yeah, if you're driving from Tampa to Atlanta or vice versa, what you need to know is if you have a bit of a lead foot, you can speed in Florida. Don't speed in Georgia. I mean, you know, you can go eight or nine miles per hour, but don't do more than that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't do twenty over.
Speaker 3: My son got a ticket on the way home or yeah, and you were eight hundred dollars was the ticket? What eight hundred dollars?
Speaker 2: And he enjoyed the rude So wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not saying you should speed anywhere, but I see a lot more people pull over in Georgia than in Florida. So I'm hopefully attending this Thursday night game to cheer in the box.
Speaker 2: Oh good quick drive doing Atlanta.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to write in asking a question with Levante once again. Oh this is great, by the way, this is what I was talking about earlier. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, with Levante once again having a vintage game showcasing that he's still got more than enough in the tank. I noticed his force fumble now makes it twelve straight seasons for him with at least one forced fumble. Is there a record out there of the most consecutive seasons from a linebacker with a forced fumble slash turnover? Thanks for keep Thanks for taking the time and keeping me occupied in my overnight shifts with your podcast, Go Bucks. Oh okay, any words, No, that's cool. I like that. So this is great because between me and the PR staff, we try to think a very possible way to come up with notes and stats about our players, and obviously we've got tons of them. For Lavante, we had not thought of this one, really, and I had not even realized he didn't have a force fumble in his rookie season, But he's got one in every season since for a streak of twelve straight. And yes I did look it up and it is the It is tied for the fourth longest streak in NFL history. Dang, I didn't bring that phone.
Speaker 2: I can't believe. I can't believe a fan out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean I looked up. Well, he gave me a really good idea. Okay, so the all time guy is Julius Peppers was seventeen, and then I think it was I forgot to bring my phone in where I have a picture of it, But I think it was I don't know that guy who played for the Jets and the Falcons, the guy that played for the Jets and the Cardinals. John Abraham fourteen, Robert Mathis thirteen, and then Levante's tie with somebody for fourth with twelve. But if you look at the top ten list, it's all ed rushers. Now, I can't say if he's number one among linebackers because sometimes they call those edd dressers linebackers outside linemakers, and then sometimes I get lumped in together, which is why Levante didn't make the Pro Bowl for many years in the early in his career. But I can say it because he's the only real off ball linemaker on the list on the list of top ten that I saw, So yes, he's he's got the longest streak for a real true linebacker. So that so great idea and then we looked it up. I tweeted it out. I didn't give it. I didn't give Andrew Anthony any credit, but now you are. I'm doing it here for any listeners and we're probably I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if they put that in the in the game release, going amongst all seats. So that was neat.
Speaker 2: So thank you Anthony.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good job, good question and led to a good result. This one, by the way, David, this is from David Gold in England, and David, I hate to say it, but something about your email address. Our system does not like email a mime cast thing. I got a message saying, you know, it's saying this messages, but it says usually you usually just leave those there they're quarantined or whatever. But the subject says to Scott and Jeff questions. So I knew, okay, that's that's what she said. That's legit. So I had it released and it's from David Gold, as I said in Horsham, Sussex in England. H R S H A M.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it could be anything right the way they pronounce it.
Speaker 3: Yes, Hey, salty dogs. This is my third time writing into the show, but first time in a while. I eagerly look out for your show every Thursday, as even when we Bucks have a bad game, like against the Broncos, you still deliver entertaining material in great analysis on the Bucks postgame. Well, thank you.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you have tolds by now, but just in case you haven't, I got to ask, did you find out who owns the bright green Liang re charger go with like with Go faster stripes. Yeah, that's cool. I've heard that before now I think about it, faster stripes. So to my question, what did you think of Tom Brady's performance on Fox against the Eagles? So I didn't hear it. So Jeff has alreadykind of wait in on that.
Speaker 2: He's going to be really good before it's over with, He's going to be that you know, he may he may get up to that mad status.
Speaker 3: Wow, you just went right to the top. Well, I mean you could have said Tony Romo.
Speaker 2: Or no, no, because it's a whole different style than Tony Romo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Madden was bang.
Speaker 2: Right, but he also is very good at breaking it down. I know he was understood, and I think that's where Tom's gonna get because he's seeing stuff. And I think you said to his level.
Speaker 3: That's like saying you think Baker Mayfield will get to Tom.
Speaker 2: Brady's if you have to strive for something, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not saying he shouldn't try, but you're saying he will.
Speaker 2: I think he will come on only because only because he's a student of everything he does.
Speaker 3: He's already the greatest in one field. Does he get to be the greatest in two fields? That seems that seems greedy.
Speaker 2: Well I understand that, but just my thought.
Speaker 3: We'll have to wait and see anyway, he says.
Speaker 2: And by the way, Madden was my favorite personally.
Speaker 3: I loved it in every way. It was great to hear him gush over Mike, Chris and Levante. His commentary was super enthusiastic and articulate, and I loved his story on why he chose the Buccaneers over, among others, the Bears. Sorry for making you read this message, Scott, as I know you don't like doing it. Only joking, he says, keep up the great work, David again, I like getting Look, we're reading them all, it's been like eight of them.
Speaker 2: David. I love I love that ending.
Speaker 3: This is. We heard from him from Mexico before, and it looks to me like he's saying because he has an accent mark over the A. Remember I was wondering if it was Angel or on Hell. With the accent mark over the A is probably on Hell. Right on Hell.
Speaker 2: You're asking the wrong person.
Speaker 3: I think this, But it sounds like he's okay being pronounced Angel as well, but it looks like it's on Hell.
Speaker 2: Very generous individual, however you.
Speaker 3: Want to pronounce it is fine. I couldn't write last week, but not because the loss to Denver, but I'm glad to write again on this weekend's victory and with a short week as we play on Thursday, really quick, since I imagine the show will be tight on schedule and Scott wants to read a few emails, just kidding. See what I'm saying, Jeff, see what you've done.
Speaker 2: I didn't do anything. They listen, They listened to the podcast.
Speaker 3: You did it, You did this. How important is Vita to coach Bowles defense? I mean I feel like every time he's out, we struggle one way or another. I know all NFL teams have a next man up policy, but this guy is just tremendous. Was Nunez roach as the closest to fill somewhat the gap. I don't think anybody we've had that could fill in gives you what Vita gives you. And yes, and coach Foote was saying that today he's like every team, every team wants a player like Vita. Yep, and you he has such an impact on the game. And he was saying, I wish that these good nose tackles because there's a couple others in the league sure got more credit because they do. How important there and he's just he says, he's often occupying both a gaps, which is pretty impressive, and that just frees up other guys, you know, to get one on one opportunities.
Speaker 2: He's a very large man. I'm just saying he's also.
Speaker 3: Extremely strong, very very strong, and he moves well for being that large, very well, as you saw on that sack. Oh and Hell also says saludos from.
Speaker 2: Mexico, So that's nice.
Speaker 3: So yes, you are correct. We all agree with you on Hell that he's very very important to this defense. He would be to any defense that he'd be on. Everybody would like to have a player like Vita vea in their defensive fall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for what he does a couple of them.
Speaker 3: I mean, he has about twenty five sacks in his what six or seven years, which is not bad for our nose tackle.
Speaker 2: Hard to believe he's been there that long.
Speaker 3: But he's also impacting all the rest of the pass rushers up front. Yep. And I'm sure he was a big reason why our run defense is really good, save for that play at one play with you. All right, Jeff, that's it. That's it, that's all of it. Yeah, but that was a lot of questions.
Speaker 2: He did well and you didn't whine about it one time. I'm really stop it about it.
Speaker 3: Keeps them coming, guys. Buccaneer Salty Dogs at Buccaneers dot NFL dot com. It doesn't have to be a question. It could be a joke, a comment, uh something, how you became a Bucks fan, an observation, a trivia give us a trivia question. If you want to send me something you think would stump me, make sure you put in the subject line trivia. Yeah, don't open till the show, oh, because I don't want to look it up. I want to see if I can figure it out.
Speaker 2: No, that's good on the spot. I like that. I like that.
Speaker 3: So I'm throwing down the gauntlet for anybody that wants you to do that.
Speaker 2: Well, I know the Salty Dog fans will come up.
Speaker 3: I would not have been able to the guy who asked is Anthony who asked about the Levante question. I wouldn't have been able to answer that without research, so that one would have got me. Yeah, but it also peaked my interest, which you did, and I would have gone back and looked it.
Speaker 2: Up and get you to peak your interest. As busy as you were this week, that's solid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've still got it. It's five now, way, I still got a lot to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when we were going to do this, you wanted to do it. We normally do it at three point thirty, and I was dealing with the Coaches Show and trying to get stuff done, and it's like and then I'm just looking at emails piloting up right now. So when I'm going to say you got anything else.
Speaker 3: I mean, our significant others have known for quite some time that there are weeks where this happens. Yeah, Like Gazelle knows, I'm not gonna I'm gonna be home late.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you always you know, it's funny, you know what it's like, But when you're in the middle of it, you still go, there's just.
Speaker 3: A lot, but this is well worth it for that many bye.
Speaker 2: You get afterwards, we get the weekend off.
Speaker 3: We get a mini buys. It's awesome and we don't have to work at all, I know, I mean I might work. Add a little bit to me next week, either.
Speaker 2: A little bit here and there, come in Friday and get everything, do the you know, press conferences, press conferences, all of that, and then out the door and get a weekend.
Speaker 3: In The parking lot is almost empty.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: The most of them have gotten out of here.
Speaker 2: Now because they got to come in and practice tomorrow. Before we get on a.
Speaker 3: Plot, we should like we should like judge all these cars, well, like on a one to ten scale.
Speaker 2: Well, there goes a ten right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That one that that one's kind of boring. I mean, I like audis I have an audience, and that that looks like a family car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I won't follow you as a family guy. Yeah all right, since you did, Thanks for listening.