Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many, consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it.
Speaker 2: Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answered my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them. Be like Joshua or the sixty nine nine hundred ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started. I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan. For your home loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started Stockton Mortgage MLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 3: Welcome to two of Kentucky Sports Radio present it by Stockton Mortgage. Now here's Matt Jones Walter Back.
Speaker 4: I remember two Kentucky Sports Radio eightf I'm nine two eighth, twenty two eighty seven. Ask anything Thursday. Get back to the phone in just a second. Let's run over a couple things. First of all, Big happy birthday one day late to Dean Wade, who we've met many times. Big listener of the show, shout out to you. Also, tonight, Ryan, is the debut of my WHAS show at six o'clock Yes, with Boumani Jones today, but it'll be a different person every night. You can listen at WHAS eight forty or WHAS dot com. I think it's gonna be it's long term, gonna be on wlap. Do we know if it's gonna be tonight?
Speaker 2: We can ask while we're here in the studio.
Speaker 4: Why don't you ask unless they're still trying to keep this thing running there and focus.
Speaker 5: Is anything gonna be on wlap?
Speaker 4: Maybe nothing, It'll be on podcast tomorrow. We're still getting the podcast feed to prove. Billy put that.
Speaker 5: G and Billy's walking in. Yes, he's looking for a mic.
Speaker 6: Come ahead, Billy, Yes, Billy here, let me talk, Hell.
Speaker 4: Take your time? Yes, go ahead, Billy.
Speaker 6: Uh it's so it's on w h A S Thursday's at six pm. It is not on w l A P uh so at all. If we're gonna get up well as of now.
Speaker 4: No, So why aren't you fighting for that? Billy?
Speaker 6: We have a local show at six pm on L A P, The Big Blue Insider with Dick Gabriel. So hopefully we'll have the podcast feed up soon, so if you don't catch it live.
Speaker 4: You can. Did you submit the podcast feed?
Speaker 6: We're doing that this morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's a no, you haven't submitted yet.
Speaker 6: Well we're you know, crossing our t's and dotting our eyes, Matt, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I understand.
Speaker 3: Sounds like you guys are prepared for the show.
Speaker 4: I'm prepared, Yeah, I did. I still stayed up doing notes on the interview for today, and we've known this show was going to be right now and by well, we're gonna try to do it this afternoon. What's the name of this show gonna be right now? It's called the Matt Jones Show. But we had a lot of suggestions yef yesterday Ryan and a lot of good ones. I went through them. I'm sort of ruminating on them because there's a lot of good ones, but I also don't want it to be cheesy, you know what I mean. So the Matt Jones Show is fine for now, but we will We're gonna pick one. A lot of people like appreciate the conversation. I just feel like Shannon, that might be too many syllables.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, you gotta keep it simple, you know, you don't want to get too long winded with it.
Speaker 4: So for right now, it's a Matt Jones show and Ryan it's it's open to changeing there for a lot. Thank you to all the people who wrote me with suggestions.
Speaker 2: Do you have to have a theme song by six o'clock right now?
Speaker 4: We're gonna do Lawyers, Guns and money because that was the one of the old one right for right now. But again on the podcast, we can't play the song anyway, so you know, I mean, it's it's just all of a sudden, you're just gonna hear me start talking and then there it is. Because we can't we can't do it. You might get Shannon someone to submit a song, you know what I mean. They can submit like if it's if it's.
Speaker 3: What if it's a cover of that song, like I don't know. No, I don't know the details of what works and what I no.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think you can. I think it's I think it has to be an original song that someone licensed us and says, hey, you all could do it. So if you guys were to do a song like Alice Bluegadd and you said we could use it, then we could use that. It's not anti music. But until they finished this settlement, we can't use any copyright of music that we don't have permission to use.
Speaker 3: You can use any of our songs, which have one right now, so.
Speaker 7: That but.
Speaker 4: Maybe you can think of one. Yeah, maybe you could think of one you could do. So I'm excited about it. Ryan a chance to talk about will I'm doing a long interview. We're going to take the best parts of it and put it on WHS, but the podcast will be all of it.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense, Yeah, And I'm kind of excited about it. Like I said, it was kind of a kind of cat caught on fire a little bit during the COVID when you were doing this. People really liked your conversations with it. So now you even get on the airwaves and on podcast.
Speaker 4: Drew, I think I'd made the decision after a lot of comments from folks and my friends last night. I'm gonna do the Safari Adventure thing in South Africa.
Speaker 5: There you go, proud of you.
Speaker 4: It includes repelling down a mountain.
Speaker 2: You can do it.
Speaker 4: It concludes ziplining.
Speaker 2: You can definitely do that.
Speaker 4: Sleeping in the nature reserve where elephants, lions and other animals will come up towards where you're staying.
Speaker 5: That's easy. You just kind of sleep nothing to that.
Speaker 4: It feels easy, right, and you take a jeep out into the thing. Now, this one I didn't see until last night as I was studying it. Shanton snorkeling. Snorkeling in it looks like a bay that is famous. There's a Netflix documentary about how much stuff is in this bay. Now I can't totally swim.
Speaker 2: Get your white necklace out.
Speaker 4: Which feels like But you know, if I'm gonna do this, I'm gonna do it, which means maybe I can go somewhere Ryan and practice snorkeling before you go. Is there somewhere in Lexington or Louisville that you can practice snorkeling.
Speaker 2: I'm sure one of the local YMCA's laughing at.
Speaker 3: The Ohio River. Get out there and see what you can find. That with a couple of bodies, I'm sure. Yeah, you can put the little floaties on your arms, you know, that way you won't sink you'.
Speaker 5: There's an aquitats near my house. We could sign you up for lessons.
Speaker 8: We No.
Speaker 4: I know how to swim, but snorkeling. I mean, I guess what snorkeling? You're basically floating, right, Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I might have some flippers on that'll help you.
Speaker 2: A little mask and flippers and a little snorkels.
Speaker 5: Usually in fairly shallow water so you don't have to worry too much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you start to drive, I think it's called I want to say, maybe like a maybe you see octopus? Oh wow, I may be that may be completely made up.
Speaker 3: No, do you want to see that?
Speaker 4: Though? I feel like we would be friends.
Speaker 3: Reaches out and grabs you though, or.
Speaker 4: Well, no, I don't want it to do that. Ye shoots ink on you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: What an octopo? Maybe a squid and it's more of a squid, but that's what they do. They shoot ink.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't want anybody to shoot any ink on me. But anyway, I decided to do it, so I thought you would be proud of me, Ryan for doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you would regret it if you didn't. I mean, how many times you're going to have a chance to go on a safari in South Africa and snorkel in South Africa? So absolutely no.
Speaker 4: The flight down there is so long. So there are direct flights that are sixteen hours, but they're really expensive and they're giving us money drew for part of the trip. But if you get one of the directs, it's much more expensive. And if you take if you actually do something with a layover, it's like a twenty five hour trip including like you know, you might have to connect and like Abu Dhabi or something, which I don't even know where that is. So I mean it's a long way. You got a one go down there, so I but I you know, I have to go because that's where the group thing is.
Speaker 5: Is there any way to break it up where you have an overnight layover maybe you see another city.
Speaker 4: Yeah one, whether you can't know, you have one where you have like thirteen hours off in Katar? But what am I going to do for those thirteen hours.
Speaker 3: You know, is that a safe country to just be watering around in?
Speaker 4: I think so? Okay, I think, well, I mean parts of it probably aren't. But I think where the dough. I think it's Doha or something. I don't know what I'm talking about. You have to understand, you're going to know.
Speaker 3: And here we are this.
Speaker 4: You snorkel with marine life in the Kelp forests made famous by the Netflix documentary My Octopus Teacher.
Speaker 2: There's definitely gonna be some octopus around then.
Speaker 4: Have you all ever seen that documentary?
Speaker 3: I've heard of it, never never watched it, heard of it for sure.
Speaker 4: So that's what I'm doing this September.
Speaker 5: I got to Mario with you so we can see you snorkel and repel.
Speaker 4: I love Mario. I ain't paid for that for him.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of favorite story about you, though, is how you stayed in the boat when everybody was out snorkeling down in the Bahamas.
Speaker 4: Okay, but this is this is South Africa.
Speaker 5: That would have been good practice.
Speaker 4: There with different kind of Matt Kevin, go ahead.
Speaker 9: Kevin, Yeah, I just got a quick question about that horse race. Uh that horse you got people to buy in on did you say, well, the horse pulled up.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't.
Speaker 10: It didn't.
Speaker 4: It slowed down. I don't know, I don't. I don't know if there's a technical definition of pulled up. But when it was clear the horse was not gonna win, it was also clear that jockey kind of pulled back on it a little bit. It's gonna I think it's gonna run. For people who were part of that, I think it's gonna run, probably, they said the day of the Belmont in one of the undercar races.
Speaker 9: So okay, I was just curious.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it. I mean Schennon he watched the race, didn't he.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean us owners, that's what we wanted. Yes's let's not hurt the whole.
Speaker 11: Day.
Speaker 4: If you're not gonna win, then let's just hold back. But it is running again. I think on the Belmont day the email said, free bird, go ahead, free bird.
Speaker 12: Hey guys, just driving down to the thirteenth region in Barbarville for work. Had a couple of questions. Ye, who decides the award and the accolades that KSR show gets? And when you kill me, I've got a reason why I'm asking, you mean.
Speaker 4: What which what award or accolade are you talking about?
Speaker 12: Didn't you have like both a top podcast or top syndicated shows and stuff?
Speaker 4: There's that There's a there's a company called like Barrett Sports Media that ranks the biggest sports shows in America by timeslot, and we've won that two of the last three years, and then this year, I think we came in third because the other people cheated. But they I don't the standards they do. I think they just like take a vote of the one hundred biggest program directors in the country and they vote. And I have no idea how those people would even know because they can't listen to all these shows, but I guess they do somehow so well.
Speaker 12: The reason I'm asking is I ran into a guy that's been on your show a couple of times, former UK player, and he couldn't understand the way y'all want it so much. It was Bradley.
Speaker 4: I love Ramel Bradley, and if he said that he'll have to pay for it, he'll have to pay for it shout out.
Speaker 12: Over the red mole and uh, I think he's debating on playing on the tvt unless they told me, I think he's going to dude.
Speaker 4: I love that he would. That would be fun to get to see him play again. He was you know Ryan, he was a player and uh he you know, unfortunately his best years had to be with Billy, but he was.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 4: I loved watching Ramel play.
Speaker 2: It is unfortunate because his senior year he had a great year. He did kind of gets overlooked because we were so awful.
Speaker 13: Yes, yeah, he said, free Bird, make sure you tell him I said that, and I'm like, oh, oh, well, I mean I might get some grief about it, but they're good and.
Speaker 4: Nice to talk to you, free Bird. Where we have forty five minutes of me not interrupting, Shannon left before I succeeded.
Speaker 3: And then tomorrow nobody gets to talk.
Speaker 9: Casey, go ahead, Casey, Hey, comment and a quick question.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 9: I live in California and the Mormons came to my door the other day and they knew all about Mark Pope and Colin Chandler. So, wherever BBN is in the world, if the Mormons come to your door, just chat them up about Mark Poche.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, they just came to the door and you asked them about Mark Pope and content and they knew who they were.
Speaker 14: I said, yeah, I said, hey, I'm a Kentucky fan. We just got a new coach.
Speaker 2: He's a Mormon.
Speaker 14: And they said, oh, yeah, Mark Pope. We went to Byu. One of them was from Utah, one was from Idaho, and the Utah one said that Colin Chandler played in his district in Utah Heights.
Speaker 4: Okay, so it was they both had them. Yeah. Well yeah. One thing I've noticed over the years I appreciate the call about Mormons, Drew, is they are proud of other Mormons, right, like they know the Mormons that have succeeded. And so, uh, I'm glad Mark Pope.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, b YU is probably their favorite team, but we probably have picked up a ton of second favorite teams. Yeah.
Speaker 5: When Pope came here, remember I don't remember exactly where we saw it, where we heard it, but some people in that community were seeing it as like a bigger mission for Mark to go to Kentucky and kind of helped spread the word.
Speaker 4: Yeah. They kind of said they thought it was yes a Mormon, like a mission from from God for him to have a higher platform. So and they were correct. He's been beautiful since he's been here. Yes, that's right. You wouldn't skip any halftime adjustments, So why would you skip your skin check. Kentucky's Skin Cancer Center has your back, your arms, your face, your neck, your ears, and those spots you for good existed. They have locations in Owensboro, Franklin, Bowling Green, and Powderly. And you know how it feels when you roll through a Chick fil A and you hit pleasure. I'm really excited with the next.
Speaker 3: Sentence here, Shannon, is that in the coffee.
Speaker 4: Well, the skin Cancer Center is like that, except the spicy chicken sandwich. You get peace of mind from your most qualified skin cancer expert.
Speaker 3: That could have gone a lot of different ways.
Speaker 4: That was a really odd transition.
Speaker 2: It is off of the Skin Cancer Center.
Speaker 4: Kentucky Skin Cancer centers teams of experts, doctors and surgeons, state of the art technology, early detection saves lives at the Kentucky Skin Cancer Center. We'll take a break. Very back, KOSR. Welcome back. He is Kentucky Sports Radio. Apparently, Shannon, there is a Louisville Scuba Club off of Waterson Expressway.
Speaker 3: We there, you go up the road, you know, that was there hole. No.
Speaker 4: Uh. And there's apparently ryan a scuba shop in Lexington. Really that can't get a lot of business, can't it.
Speaker 2: I know there's like a scuba club here in like and they go to Like Lakes, and.
Speaker 4: There's a scuba club in Lexington. Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I think actually Dick Gabriel belongs to.
Speaker 3: Course he get it, you know, show you the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 4: He's also like a black belt in karate, right yea.
Speaker 3: Like a fourth fifth fifth degree blacks the world's most interesting man.
Speaker 4: No, I mean he does do like you know, you combined the karate scuba club and Roots and Fruits dot Com Drew and there's a lot of mystery to Dick Gabriel.
Speaker 5: He's kind of like Big Blue Nations Chuck Norris do a little bit of everything. Awesome.
Speaker 3: This was Facts and Chicks. I believe Fax and Chicks dot Com.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's right, fact, Roots.
Speaker 3: And Fruits is where I found like something.
Speaker 4: Facts and Chicks.
Speaker 2: That's he's a Hall of Famer, Dick Gabriel. You should climb Hall of Famer. I've been doing the baseball games I've been watching back.
Speaker 3: Do you think that's still a website.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess we'll find out here in a minute, because I know people will be going to it if it crashes. Well know, people are also saying that My Octopus Teacher Drew is a really good documentary, and then I ought to watch it. Maybe maybe that's a good one for the weekend.
Speaker 5: I remember it being one of the top shows when it came out. I never gave it the time, but it was. It was a thing. You should check it out. Well, so my sister is a dive instructor. I can I can bring it to election and she could take you.
Speaker 12: That's what I.
Speaker 4: Forgot she did that. Yeah. One person writes, Matt, you know that South Africa leads the world in great white shark attacks.
Speaker 2: Don't get in the water, not in the octopus water, not in that one. You're okay, you don't.
Speaker 4: Think they have great You don't think they have great white sharks there?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 2: The octopus is scare them away.
Speaker 4: Okay, got you. I'll tell you what else is scared away? The Reds are scared of winning.
Speaker 3: Oh, how think I lose on Pete Rose Night?
Speaker 2: Come on, please talk about this.
Speaker 4: How about the fact they've only scored one run? In two games against the White.
Speaker 2: Sox, one of the worst teams in baseball the last several years, and you have Pete Rose Night, Pete Rose, wonderful ceremony before the game, and then you lose four games, I know, two of them all, ye hear yeah, I mean only they sold out of the like the tickets were like it was packed.
Speaker 4: Apparently. I heard from some sources there might have been some fisticuffs getting into the game trying to get the last few Pete Rose jerseys. Oh wow, which is perfect in honor of him. Yeah. Sure, let's just in honor of him. Let's get in a fight, you know, like he did what Ray Fosse? Was that the character or the catcher he ran over that nast catch?
Speaker 11: Ye?
Speaker 4: Yeah. So apparently there was some scuffles getting the last few Pete Rose jerseys.
Speaker 3: You know those are gonna end up on eBay for triple or more.
Speaker 4: I sold my tickets for quite a bit.
Speaker 2: Good for you.
Speaker 4: So there's a game I think this afternoon, but forgot to give those away.
Speaker 5: But I have a Reds question. I don't want to offend you, La just going to try to strike out every time he said bad.
Speaker 4: I think I'm worried that Terry fran Cone, he leads the majors in strikeouts, not swinging. I think Terry Francona took his aggression out because he apparently told him I need him to be more patient. And now he just sits there and looks at strike three after strike three, What.
Speaker 2: Do you got to lose?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: Just go up there hacking, go up there swinging.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're one of the best players in the game.
Speaker 4: And you're the fastest dude in the league. Just put contact on the ball and going yeah, I don't they stink.
Speaker 2: That ceremony, though, was really cool.
Speaker 4: Before the game, I didn't see it. What did they do.
Speaker 2: Marty Brenneman was the MC, and they had Eric Davis, Barry Larkin, and George Foster and they all got to talk about Pete. It was It was really kind of cool. I enjoyed it. And then they go out and lose the game.
Speaker 4: George Foster is still alive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Oh there's a.
Speaker 4: Name from the past. Well they stink. Let's go to Gabriel. Go ahead, Gabriel, Sir.
Speaker 15: I got two questions. First, is Calden to lose to Oakland and lost in the second round, maybe in the sweet sixteen? Do you think you still be the coach? And the second is why don't we wear a black uniforms? And I'm a hanker to listen, thank you.
Speaker 4: I don't know about the black uniforms. I mean, we wourned them and it seems like we would lose when we wore them. Drew, what do you think about the first second question? Let's say in C State beat Texas Tech in that game. Let's say that we beat Oakland, we play in C State in the second round, that DJ burns team that gets to the final four, and then let's say we lose.
Speaker 5: Do you think cal stays? Then it makes it a much harder deal. You know, I obviously didn't want to lose to Oakland. I wanted to win the final four. But at least losing to Oakland. We knew all right that that's a hard stop on this era right now. You just cannot do that back to back years like you did. Now you go another round. That makes the conversation back to where he'd probably have people fighting on the internet and some people wanted to keep him, others don't. But the way it ended it left uh no, room to stay. For most people, it would have been tough if he had made it another round.
Speaker 4: What do you think, Ryan, if he goes another round, do you think when let's just say, everything else happens, Arkansas comes after him and then he has that walking with his dog and then he meets Mitch, do you think there would have been fans wanting him to stay. What happens then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely think the Arkansas job would have come open. They would have come after him, and Cal would have listened. I think all that would have happened regardless if they won or not, but the fact then he's got a little more leverage with Mitch. I think, whereas since they lost, Mitch is like, okay, yeah, you talked to him. Bye.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think if they had gotten to the second weekend, Cal's still the coach. If they obviously they lost to Oakland, he wasn't the coach. I think that. I think Drew's right. I think in some ways losing to an NC State team that then went on to make the Final four would have been a bad result because I don't think there would have been a clear answer as to what to do. And the one thing about losing to Oakland. As Drew said, is it made it clear what needed to happen, at least in my mind. I mean, just on a personal level, if we lost to n C State, I'm not sure I would have gone on the radio and said there's a separation that needs to happen. Matter of fact, I don't think I would have. I think if we had lost to n C State and not Oakland, I probably don't say we need to separate. So it's probably best that it happened. If we weren't gonna get to week end two. It was better to lose to Oakland than to lose to n Z State.
Speaker 5: And I throw in not everyone cares about this as much, but the week before you were a two seed playing a seven seed in the SEC tournament, a heavy favorite, head the whole crowd, and you lost by ten to and l So you went oho and two in first round tournament games week apart. I think the two of them combined was just like this is with three of three point had we're a big blue nation and we don't have any kind of a postseason.
Speaker 4: It's true, Mickey, go ahead, Mickey.
Speaker 10: Hey, guys, how you doing today? Good people show really enjoying it for the summer. It's you know, not a lot to talk about. Do you want to go back to your comments first hole or where you were kind of ranting about UK Athletics Association and you know you walking your dog today, Matt, What is what's going on?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean somebody asked the quit to ask anything Thursday.
Speaker 11: We want, we don't.
Speaker 10: Want the Louisville sports radio show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I didn't. I haven't have I brought any of those Louisville people on.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: I'm just telling you the truth that the person asked because they said they heard that I had had interactions with the Louisville people. But I'm just telling you the truth. People. People either want the truth or they don't. The truth is UK is miles behind in access and making it to where their coaches. I mean, when's the last time you've heard Mark Stoop's talk Mark Pope. Mark Pope has done one interview outside of his press conference, and it was with John Rothstein on Twitter. I just don't think that's good pr to be honest with you, Well.
Speaker 10: I agree, I don't disagree with that. I mean, I'm all access. It's good for everybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I gotta take a break. Thank you, Sir TJ. Smith, personal injury attorney called TJ. He'll make them pay.
Speaker 3: Now more of Kentucky Sports Radio present it by Stockton Mortgage. Here's Matt Jones. Who is this little Texas?
Speaker 4: Little Texas? This is the forgotten Little Texas.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'll see that. Sammy Kershaw and Aaron Tippa are coming to Renfro Valley.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I was till third. It's like three people, Sammy Kerr Shaw, Aaron tipping and.
Speaker 3: Then uh, Colin Ray.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I would go to that. I'd skip the Colin Ray part, but the other two.
Speaker 3: You don't like Colin Ray. You had a couple of good songs.
Speaker 4: But Sammy Kershaw on Aaron Tippin' dah Yeah, now that's some good music, you know. Just in time for Memorial Day, the official start of barbecue season, Red State Barbecue wants to remind you of all the places you can pick up Red State products. The Kentucky Proud Section of Liquor Barn, Kroger Critchfield on Southland, the Kentucky Horse Park, Jungle Gyms in Cincinnati, and Fairfield Publics in Louisville, and Lexington, RedState bbq dot com get some barbecue sauce for your barbecue season. RedState bbq dot com. KSR twenty is the promo and you get twenty percent off your order. So go right now KSR B excuse me, RedState bbq dot com and use the code KSR Best Barbecue Sauce in Kentucky. Yeah. Well, a couple things. First of all, if you're gonna buy railbird tickets, that not the tickets, but the parking go on sale. We're going to sell out of those, and I want our KSR listeners to be able to get them because a lot of times you all wait till the week before there's nothing I can do for you. So they're on sale right now. It's by car, not by person, so you can load up as many people in your car as you want. And I would suggest to do that because honestly, it's not cheap parking, but it is right across the street from the thing. And Ryan, they have made it to where you can't park Atkroger Field this year. Oh it makes our parking even the more important. You want to get that, Yeah, so you're not allowed to do it. One person rights Matt why don't you ask more UK players to come on the show. Some of this is on you. I mean I ask them all the time. They won't let them. Brandon Garrison came. I appreciated that, but I'd have UK players on all the time. They're usually not available. I mean it reminds me of when Cal was here and people say you should reach out to Cal. I would reach out to him once a month and and happen. I can't make them. I can't make people do this stuff. And let me also be clear, I'm not saying they have to come on here. I just think, like, right now, you're trying to sell football tickets, wouldn't it, Drew? Makes sense if you're having trouble selling football tickets to promote your football team more.
Speaker 5: Yeah. We we just saw that they're down. I mean, if I run a company and my numbers are down, I'm like, well, we got to change the up, get some good pr out there and get get ourselves back up.
Speaker 4: Different or somebody else. I just I mean, I feel like they need to, uh, you know, they need to do more things. One person writes, do you think Ryan, Shannon and Drew would take the Safari trip? You're gonna go on to Drew. Definitely would, Yes, Mario would, Shannon would not. Ryan could go either way.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely doing it. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I would do the Safari. I don't know if I would do the repelling thing.
Speaker 4: Well, what if you to do all of it? Yeah, you're out.
Speaker 3: I bet I would stay on the ground and watch you go off the cliff.
Speaker 4: Okay, Ryan, you would do it, but you would like you would fly all the way to South Africa, that long flight, you would do all that.
Speaker 2: I would just load up on some niquil and sleep all much as I could on the flight. But I would absolutely go just to do the what you're getting ready to do. That's the fun part.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Can you blow off the fellowship and just do the fun stuff like that?
Speaker 4: You couldnot. I enjoy the fellowship. Fellowships well is awesome. I read it. You would hate it, but I really enjoyed it. You would hate it.
Speaker 2: The reading, A lot of reading, a lot of studying.
Speaker 4: You would you would not like that. Red go ahead, Red.
Speaker 9: Two quick things.
Speaker 16: Just graduated from Clemson them on the way to d C. Congrat working on Capitol Hill. Yeah, I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: You don't have to tell me.
Speaker 12: Who.
Speaker 4: But when you say you're working on cap Hill, is it like for a senator or congressman.
Speaker 16: Congressman, yeah, congressman South Carolina.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it should be good time.
Speaker 13: I appreciate it.
Speaker 16: I want to hear from you if you had any advice on DC maybe saving money it's been living?
Speaker 4: Yeah, where Like what part of DC are you living in?
Speaker 16: Southwest that's adjacent to Navy Yard? Okay, okay, I'm pubably, I'm.
Speaker 9: About eight minute drive from the Capitol.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's not bad. I would say to you, this is what you will find. I bet that the people that work on Capitol Hill, it's like it'll you'll get tired of. But there's a lot of cool people in d C that do a lot of cool stuff associated with the government, whether they work for lobbyists or like public interest groups. Try to get it's easy for to get like in the click of Capitol Hill. Try to get yourself out of it, because there's a lot of cool people that live in the DC area, and I generally think the least cool people are the ones that are on Capitol Hill. Not no offense to you, who I'm sure is wonderful, But you know what I mean, yeah, I know, I know what you mean.
Speaker 15: I know what you mean.
Speaker 16: Yeah, And then the second thing you might have touched on it. In the first hour, I think I couldn't listen. iHeart was messing up. But football, I didn't know if you had any updates on football, and it's not, then maybe if you could try and reach out to some of your contacts.
Speaker 12: Yeah and get some updates.
Speaker 4: Well, let me ask you, Drew. You're you're closer to it than I am. I appreciate the call. Any any updates you're hearing from all things football?
Speaker 5: Absolutely not clearly quiet.
Speaker 4: It's unbelievably quiet.
Speaker 5: I mean I mentioned this at the time, but I went to that spring showcase that replaced the Spring game and it was fine. I mean, it was good to see guys out there, but you know, they weren't even tackling. So there were moments where you're like, oh, there's potential there. Like the new running back Dante Daldell. He had a couple of runs and I think they're going full speed. Might have been some highlights, but it was just hard to really form any opinions. All the receivers didn't play, so some of the younger guys looked good, but then are we going to see them when they have the full roster? Just a lot of unknowns.
Speaker 4: We have heard nothing. And this isn't just us. I've talked to other media members. It is dead silence. Coaches who in years past would would say, Hey, this kid's gonna be good, this kid's improving, They're not saying anything, which makes me think that's a directive to not say anything. I have not heard one thing about the football pro at all. Ryan. I'm not saying that's good or bad. I have no idea, but it is rare since I've been doing this, I've never seen a situation where people in the spring were not saying, hey, we like this guy. Hey that no one is saying a word. And if you go look at the media accounts they're tweeting about players, it is dead silent, and I find it odd. I'm not saying it's bad, it's just odd.
Speaker 2: It is odd for this staff for sure, who has been known to kind of, you know, pump some sunshine up for the big Blue Nation. But like the pegback, what you said earlier wouldn't be nice. We got to sit down and get to know our new quarterback, wouldn't be nice to get down and get to know our new running back Dwaldell.
Speaker 4: But even just complaining, I'm just saying to you, Ryan, I've never seen anything like this.
Speaker 2: No, I ash, you're not here with this staff, I.
Speaker 4: This fan base is going to go into the season I think knowing nothing about the team, which is just strange. And you know, I don't know. I don't know whether I'm not like that's not negative to me necessarily, but it's also not positive. I have no idea. I mean, even you talk to people around, nobody sees the coaches in the last month. I don't know. I have no idea what's going on to be on One.
Speaker 5: Thing I like is I did interview Tyd Bryant on this show and he was not shy about saying how bad it was behind the scenes last year. The guys would just come in and not doing what they're supposed to do, and other players have said this in the opening interviews about how bad it was. At the end of the year. He has said the locker room is completely different behind the scenes, a lot more team building. Guys when they come into the building, they know their job, They're getting to work it's not what it was at the end of last season. So if there is any positivity to build up, it sounds like, well they have improved that a little bit, if we're at least from the show. And he said it in the other the spring practice interviews, and he's not the only player that said that. Last year there was just no accountability amongst some of the players. They just show up and they weren't doing what they needed to do. But that the spring practice this year was night and day different. So that's one. It's not really what can change on the field or what we know about some of the new players, but at least behind the scenes, it sounds that's good.
Speaker 4: He a little more die. It's good to hear Casey. Go ahead, Casey.
Speaker 17: Hey, good morning, Taylors.
Speaker 4: Oh, while, how are you doing, Casey?
Speaker 17: Yeah, doing pretty good. Just been rolling in Mount Sterling. So in a couple of months, I'm going to be an aunt. I'm so excited about that. But I just wanted to call. A couple of years ago, we had a remote at Marriotte Griffingate and it was like one of the funnest remotes. So I was wondering, what's your favorite place.
Speaker 13: To do remote.
Speaker 4: Hmm, well, that's a good question. I appreciate the call.
Speaker 2: Conley Bond has always been my favorite.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's always a fun one. I hope we do that this summer. I've always enjoyed that. Uh. You know, I didn't get to do remotes last summer because I was gone, so uh, but we have we have some scheduled this summer. That's that's actually a really good one. I love doing them in Louisville just because we get great crowds and we're not here a lot, so it's always packed no matter where we go.
Speaker 2: Whiskey Thiefs good because we usually get to drink a lot of bourbon.
Speaker 4: Country Country Boy's good because I'm away. But it's I'm always nervous because that's like such a lot. It's hard to be loud in that room.
Speaker 3: Brud Hemp on the Farm was fun last year.
Speaker 4: I thought, Yes, it was you just like the smell of weed.
Speaker 5: I like when we get out in the parts of the state I wouldn't normally go because it's not just the show. We'll eat lunch somewhere I've never been. See some areas I don't know as well, whether it's west east whatever direction. I like getting out a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree with all that were Okay, So we're gonna take a break, we'll come back. I'm gonna take these calls. We've got uh do a couple more things and then get ready to tape this new podcast, Shannon, that Billy seems prepared for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you think it'll get on the air tonight.
Speaker 4: We'll be right back. Welcome back, tell you sports radio.
Speaker 3: Sammy Kershaw Man, he has so many good songs.
Speaker 4: Wow that you got excited there, didn't you?
Speaker 16: Just?
Speaker 3: I love like the song. And he's got like I think he's got a ton of hits.
Speaker 4: He sounds really happy, doesn't he?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 2: He does do this is your kind of music?
Speaker 4: What are the top Sammy kershaw songs? You got this one?
Speaker 3: You got uh, Queen of My Double Watch trailer.
Speaker 4: That's my favorite. I think. Let's see yard Cell Yeah, uh, your tattoo, yeah, Videlia Yeah, uh, this is a really good.
Speaker 3: This is beautiful.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a great one.
Speaker 3: Cadillac style.
Speaker 4: That is that his most famous one? Cadillac style.
Speaker 3: I think Queen of My Double Watch trailers probably his biggest one.
Speaker 4: Yeah. He's a Charlie Daniels of the Torque. These recent storms that may have caused you damage. Don't wait to get your roof inspected, to get it done now. Bluegrass Roofing and Consulting Consulting free estimates, always veteran and first responder, own, fully license and insured. It is Bluegrass Residential and Commercial Roofing Specialists. They do love to do repairs and they'll help you get your new year roof. Use my COKSR five percent off one eight it's Bluegrass Roofing one eight hundred roof Pro or Bluegrass Roofing and Consulting dot com. We got tonight, What do we have?
Speaker 3: Nuggets?
Speaker 4: Thunder Nuggets Thunder from DraftKings bet five three hundred dollars on your first Draft Kings bet. You go to DraftKings there get the DraftKings app. Who you got? Ryan Thunder Nuggets the Thunder of four and a half point favorites trying to close it out.
Speaker 2: I have a hard time betting against Shay and the Thunder right now. They're the best team going so outside of the Pacers. So I'm taking a thunder.
Speaker 4: Yokich is going for forty tonight, Drew, I'm gonna say I'm taking the Nuggets Thunder win and seven, but they lose tonight.
Speaker 5: I want a Game seven because this series has been so entertaining, especially Game five the other night. But I'm gonna say the Thunder closed the book on the series tonight.
Speaker 3: Channon, Nuggets get it done tonight at home.
Speaker 4: Most important game. The Hurricanes can go to the Eastern Conference Finals if they win in Washington. Hurricanes are a favorite. I think Washington WEDNESDA night.
Speaker 2: Caro, I'm still gonna try to go.
Speaker 4: If it goes to the Washton Wednesday night, I may go to Carolina for Game six on Saturday.
Speaker 5: So see what about Red's White Sox here just shortly after the show.
Speaker 4: I don't want to talk about it. They get swept by the White Sox. I'm gonna I'm going Friday night. I will express severe frustration. Steve. Go ahead, Steve, Yeah.
Speaker 7: I wanted to touch on and some of the south a.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Steve, Yeah, just just yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 7: I mean, I lin twice in the thirty six hour sequence of flights in washing there.
Speaker 8: For my h and.
Speaker 7: When we're fighting expedition, you've got to take into account the vater so you scheduled a great white trunk diving trip.
Speaker 12: What is it?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 15: Hey?
Speaker 4: What is a great white shark diving trip?
Speaker 3: Pretty self explaina they Yeah, you get in.
Speaker 7: The water in the cage.
Speaker 4: Oh no, wow, in a cage that would be wild. Yeah, I crazy do that? That that I couldn't do that?
Speaker 7: Well, then the rife was not because up four hours of sleep before our trainsport came to pick us off. But the with the farings were incredible. Many suggestions about places to now I'm not going to give them to the offer.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much. I appreciate it. Thank you for the call. Can you imagine I couldn't now that I couldn't do you'll do most things? Would you get in a cage to see great white sharks?
Speaker 5: It's for me. It's all about the company that's setting it up. If I feel like I can trust them, because I don't want anybody to die, I would do it. But if it's just some guy that's like, hey, hop in my cage, No, absolutely not, but I lean yes on your wall.
Speaker 3: That sounds like the worst death ever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I couldn't.
Speaker 5: I'd actually prefer it be locked so that the make sure that the thing doesn't open.
Speaker 3: There was a movie about that too, like where the cage like snapped and they went to the bottom of the ocean.
Speaker 4: What's what was the movie called?
Speaker 3: Forty meters?
Speaker 4: Pretty good.
Speaker 3: I'll give it seven out of ten on IMDb.
Speaker 4: Let's go to Rick. Go ahead, Rick.
Speaker 8: Hey, guys, I was just thinking about the coach cown this basketball Bennie's comment and one thing the players and the coaches. Sometimes I think forget the coaches and players come and go, but the fans are going to be here forever. Yes, And then I got I got a question for you to just talking the other day about Metallica on YouTube and there was being a million fans there watching them.
Speaker 4: It was one point six Yeah, wow, that's a lot of people.
Speaker 8: But I was wondering, mine is the Indy five hundred and twenty sixteen. It's like five hundred and one thousand people at that single day event. And I was wondering what each one of you guys, what event or venu or whatever that you've been to.
Speaker 4: Was the I mean, I would assume it's probably day for us. I appreciate the call. It was probably it's probably the Derby, right unless although Ryan you may have been to the Indy five hundred, have you.
Speaker 2: I went to the inn A five hundred one time and said I will never ever go back because what that guy said, it is just way too crowded.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think the Indy five hundred has the most of any event in America. Yeah, I mean it's for me, I guess through it's the Derby. I can't think of what else it would be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, probably the Derby. It can get pretty insane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, I think I think the Indy five hundred has the most because you know, the track is so big that it has the most you can get. But yeah, I can't think of one. I mean what the biggest football stadium's run or what Michigan and Tennessee? Is that right?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I saw maybe the Tennessee's being the largest college event I've been to.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I went to Texas last year. That was pretty unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Logan, go ahead, Logan.
Speaker 11: Hey, thanks guys. So you were talking earlier about jam I with Kentucky and how much harder it is to get a hold of them, whereas you know your contacts uh in Louisvill's department, can you I don't really know it is. Can you kind of talk about what JAMI is for Kentucky, what they do and why that's not something that's really yeah, I mean that's.
Speaker 4: Probably that's a longer that's a longer conversation. But each of these schools has a broadcast partner for their radio and media. For For U of L, I think what's the name of that company, Shannon that does U of L's Bloomfield or something like that, clear Field, and then U K's is JMI. The The difference is UK has sold to JMI the ability to kind of control all advertising and marketing with the brand of UK, So it's a more complete deal than most schools which only sell like their rights to radio or whatever. Because of that, they do control a lot more of what UK does. They basically control ads on campus, I mean an a it's a more all consuming thing and JMI pays a lot of money. UK got a lot of money in that deal, and because of that, they're very protective of their rights and I think it makes it hard to get a lot of the access that other schools do. And the trade off for UK is probably the check they write, but it does make it hard on the things that we're talking about. We will be back at KS Bar tomorrow. If you're around at six o'clock tonight, turn on has. Thank you all very much, We'll see you later. It's to tell you. Sworts Radio