Speaker 1: Second date up day. They say, where there's a Will, there's a way. There's a guy named Will on the phone right now, so I'm hoping there's a way we can help him with a second date up.
Speaker 2: That is the most literal translation of that ever, or his date's name was Way?
Speaker 1: Was that the laziest intro I've ever done? I don't care?
Speaker 3: So you have given up your best?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Seriously, but Brooke promises to care enough for everybody here, so Will, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hello, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: I've lost interest again.
Speaker 3: He's on the phone and he needs us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, no, I'm here, but Brooke, you can run it. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: Okay. What's going on? And who'd you go out with? Never said I was smooth? Everybody knows that.
Speaker 1: Hey, Well, tell us about the girl that you went on a day with. What's her name?
Speaker 3: What I just said?
Speaker 1: I said, Marlee, Marlee Marley.
Speaker 4: We met on a dating athlete match.
Speaker 3: What did you like about her?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I liked what I saw.
Speaker 1: Nice. Well, it's nice to be liked that he saw, not what he smells.
Speaker 3: So just how do you put it that way? It sounds like yours.
Speaker 4: I wanted to take it for a test.
Speaker 3: You're not that type of guy.
Speaker 1: Come on, no, well really, what did you like about her?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I find collarbones very attractive. And then one of her photos a low cut dress and really doing it for me?
Speaker 3: Are you sure they're real and not implant color boats?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 4: I've never heard of him plant collarbones, but no, real, Well, it is a trend.
Speaker 1: Brook has been looking into getting one for herself.
Speaker 3: But he sounds like the job was good though you can't notice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, so she's got a good collar bone on her.
Speaker 3: Very aero dynamic. Know what you look like?
Speaker 1: It's kind of bird like anything else?
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I don't really have a type, but lately I've been attracted to redheads and she's redhead hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they also can't go out in the sun.
Speaker 1: If you're Bernie, I'll tell you how much a redhead with a nice collar bone. So picturing like Lindsey Lohan, Carol Burnett type here. Now that we know kind of what she looks like, tell us about what you and Marley did.
Speaker 4: So I decided to uh go to a sporting event?
Speaker 3: I okay, was that something you guys had in common?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Was that a common interest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean she's pretty outdoorsy and sporty. So we talked about it and I said, let's go watch some football and at the very least we'll buy some overpriced food and some overpriced beer.
Speaker 3: You actually took her to a game game, not just like a sports bar.
Speaker 4: Well, I tried to take her to a game game.
Speaker 1: But what do you mean? What does that mean?
Speaker 4: We didn't end up going?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 4: I triple confirmed with her because we got good seats, not the nosebleeds expensive.
Speaker 3: That's dropping some money on a first day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, let's go back or go home. But I was like, I'm going to make sure she's definitely coming, and she said I'm definitely coming, and I was like great. And then about thirty minutes before we're supposed to meet up, I get a text from her saying, hey, sorry, I don't think I can go.
Speaker 1: No. Oh what.
Speaker 3: Replace dude? I'm sorry. I'd be mad? Yeah, me too.
Speaker 1: Did she give a reason why?
Speaker 5: No? I follow it up.
Speaker 4: I said, what do you mean you can't?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: Is everything okay?
Speaker 3: She didn't even lie.
Speaker 2: That a grandmother died or something, and like, pity, offer to pay for your ticket?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a good Actually the ticket, I wouldn't send you the money.
Speaker 3: But right did she do that? Did she offer to pay for the ticket?
Speaker 4: She didn't text me back. I ended up just sitting at the game by myself.
Speaker 1: No, so rude.
Speaker 3: You should have called this.
Speaker 1: Didn't deserve your time? How good is that collarbone?
Speaker 5: God?
Speaker 3: Why do you want to talk to her? I mean, I want to know why she didn't go? Is that why? You just want to figure it out?
Speaker 4: I mean I want to know. But maybe there was something crazy that happened and she didn't feel comfortable telling, because sometimes you know, it's like you wait too long and then it's like, how do I even explain this?
Speaker 1: She's like, this is embarrassing. I'm a season ticket holder. She's a season ticket over. I have better see.
Speaker 3: She doesn't like the team at all.
Speaker 5: I didn't think that.
Speaker 1: I mean, as would you say no if you hated the team? No, I don't put on.
Speaker 3: Any jersey and cheer for anyone.
Speaker 1: It's free food.
Speaker 3: Basically, did she apologize?
Speaker 4: She has not replied. I texted her I think four times since then, one of which being like, hey, maybe football wasn't it You want to try something else?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, funny story. One of our commonalities is we bonded over both liking your show, like we listen to Brooke and Jeffrey. So I was like, oh, this is funny.
Speaker 1: Yes, maybe it's a good thing that she's not calling you back. Then a good sign would we call her?
Speaker 3: She's gonna know, she's gonna know how he's going to know that you're on the phone.
Speaker 1: Unless we disguise our voices, I can do many impressions. We did. We did a British accent one time, and I think it went off swimmingly. We're Australian tonight. But it's not really up to will.
Speaker 4: I mean, I would love to hear your impression.
Speaker 3: He's lost all his brain cells.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to look like idiots. Actually, if I think about it, she might be more willing to talk to us if she's a fan and knows who we are. So maybe get to the bottom of it her. You know, of orse, she won't pick up. I mean, we've recorded a bunch of people hanging up on us, but we haven't aired those ones recently, so we can do.
Speaker 3: A compilation hang ups. If it doesn't we only will when people stop answering.
Speaker 1: Whatever happens, it's gonna be some high quality radio when we come back and call Marley to do your second date update. Right after this second date update, if you're just joining us for the second date update, we've got Will on the phone, who was supposed to go out with a girl named Marley. And I know what you're thinking, Brooke, Why am I playing this music instead of the theme song to the movie Marley and Me.
Speaker 2: Because that's about a dog and it's the saddest movie ever.
Speaker 1: I I thought about it. It's true, the end is pretty depressing, and we're hoping for a happier outcome here today.
Speaker 3: I'll be missing you puff daddy.
Speaker 1: You know, it's still like she didn't show up to the date, So you gotta have a little bit of truth sadness in there.
Speaker 3: This song has a lot of dead themes to it too well.
Speaker 1: I bring it up because Jose's dad has a theory of what happened. Oh so that's one theory out there that would explain a lot. But Brooke, what are your thoughts? My dad would be like, I looked up the highway and it's one of the deadliest highways in America. Most likely she's very well and alive. Yeah, we're possibilities out there.
Speaker 2: That's all we're looking for now, that's only the hope that we want.
Speaker 3: That's all from here.
Speaker 1: Thanks Dad. Okay, look now we're on an up swing here. Before we dial Marley. Is there anything else that you want to say before we call her? Will?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: I just want answers what's happening? Why she's not getting back to me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you are way more chill than I would be.
Speaker 2: If I would have purchased a football ticket for somebody and then that person didn't show up, there would be no chilling.
Speaker 3: Imagine your friend yeah back there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that stadium would be in flames by the time broke.
Speaker 3: That's right, glad. You know me.
Speaker 1: Now, we'll see if we can get that money back for you here when we call her, or we or at least get her agree to another day. I don't know, maybe that was a little bit ambitious. I shouldn't have said that Brook will pay you though. Here we go. I'm dialing Marley right now. And remember she apparently is a fan of the show, so she should know who we are when we call. Okay, let's see dialing right now. Hello, Hey, Marley.
Speaker 5: Yeah, who's calling?
Speaker 1: Hey Marley, We're Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, for real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, welcome to the show, Marley.
Speaker 1: How are you doing?
Speaker 5: I love you guys. Why are you? Did I win? Something like? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not? Yeah, no, that's the thing in the past. But something we still are doing on the show is a second date update.
Speaker 5: It. Oh no, no way, your moment to shine Marley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what that means. You went on a date recently and somebody liked that. I guess you didn't go on a date recently.
Speaker 3: You missed the date Marley.
Speaker 5: Yeah, is this really happening. I'm on the radio with you guys about this.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Marley, dude, the guy had a football ticket for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We heard the whole story from Will and so obviously he's disappointed that, you know, showed to the game.
Speaker 2: Well, you gave him a thirty minute heads up, You texted him thirty minutes he said before the game.
Speaker 1: So do you have any explanation?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I mean, jeez, I don't know, Like, okay, what do I say here?
Speaker 1: Like true? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I guess at the end of the day, I just don't like going out with liars.
Speaker 1: What wear?
Speaker 3: Why are you saying he's a liar?
Speaker 5: Well, I was excited to spend time with them, like it seemed to like we really vibed on the app and I was getting ready for the date. It was while I was getting ready, I started doing this thing lately that's been really helpful. And actually I got this idea from listening to your show, which is.
Speaker 3: What didn't we tell you?
Speaker 2: You know, sometimes people will repeat what we say, and I'm like, do we.
Speaker 3: We said that?
Speaker 1: What advice did you take from us?
Speaker 5: I think this is a really good idea. You guys suggested using AI to help out with dating. And it's like this thing where you put a guy's photo into chat GBT and it calculates their height, and we did talk about that.
Speaker 3: We talked about that how that was a trend. You could figure out how tall guys were because.
Speaker 2: The photo would analyze like what's in the background and where they're run.
Speaker 5: So yeah, so he put in his profile that he's six foot okay, but Chad g BT said that he's probably five to seven.
Speaker 3: He's a short king.
Speaker 1: Just under Yeah, the proper term is nothing wrong with five foot seven, five foot seven is respectable, but said he's live.
Speaker 5: Yeah exactly, Like I'm sure he's listening right now, but maybe.
Speaker 3: Don't tell her, don't you?
Speaker 2: Is it because you won't date anyone under six foot because I know a lot of women have that rule and it's dumb.
Speaker 3: It's a dumb rule and missing out on short guys.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not superficial like that, Like I'm five to seven, so we would be the same height, and I'm not like against that. But the thing is, like, if he was truthful, I definitely would have gone on the date.
Speaker 1: Maybe if you're on your knees looking up at him, he's six foot tall. At least it looks that way, really appears.
Speaker 3: I think you said it innocently, but don't say that again.
Speaker 1: Oh if you're sitting down, Sure that's what I meant. Okay, you guys are turning into a pervert over here.
Speaker 3: The words are working against you anyway.
Speaker 1: Sorry she was talking. So it's the it's the lie potentially.
Speaker 5: I mean, like like I said I'm five seven, and I say I'm five to seven on my profile, Like why do guys lie?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, the only way that we can know that is by asking Will, and like you said, he is on the other line. You know he's there listening to this. He's not a surprise, so awkward. Yeah, she's doing the awkward sound effect for us. Wrong segment. Okay, but Will, it's time to jump in and say hi to Marley.
Speaker 3: Yep, Okay, Wait, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Will?
Speaker 1: Marley is telling us that she AI fact checked your picture and that I know the suggestion came from our show. So I'm sorry if.
Speaker 3: We're busting you on this somewhere else probably, So.
Speaker 1: Can you just tell us? Well, are you five ft seven like chat GPT says, or are you sick foot like you claim in your profile?
Speaker 4: Well, I'll tell you what. Chat GBT is completely off and I am taller than Marley, so they're taller.
Speaker 5: Really yeah, but are you six foot or is that an exaggeration?
Speaker 4: I'm actually five eight?
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, chat GPT was more honest than your profile.
Speaker 3: Oh man, come on to his defense, Marley.
Speaker 2: If he would have said he was five eight, would he showed up.
Speaker 3: In your algorithm?
Speaker 5: I don't have a height limit on my filters or anything like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, but what way would you have swiped if you saw five eight.
Speaker 5: I don't know I hesitation at all. Yeah, so he's cute enough that I would have looked into it if I just saw the numbers and I wasn't interested, and I would have swiped because of the numbers, but I was drawn in.
Speaker 4: By other parts of his profiles. Sure, okay, yeah, and then our personality clicked. And then because I said that I was six foot, my foot got in the door quite literally.
Speaker 3: That's a bad pun or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: It worked.
Speaker 5: But you have to understand that I've had like issues with men lying in the past, and that's just like an instant deal breaker for me. And even now you're kind of like defending being dishonest. I feel like at some point before we met up, you should have, you know, made sure I knew what I was really looking for. I didn't want to look right over your head.
Speaker 1: Do you feel bad at all though that homie watched a whole game by himself, wasted hundreds of dollars and still wants to go out with you.
Speaker 3: And feel bad? He seems sincere in his apology.
Speaker 1: And the good news is we've hashed all this out now, so maybe that allows us to close the door on this kind of ugly chapter of the relationship and open the door to the next positive one. Unless there's something else you've lied about, we'll get it out.
Speaker 3: They are you a full catfish?
Speaker 1: Tell us now, she has not seen you in person yet, so.
Speaker 4: My pictures are accurate. They're five to eight accurate.
Speaker 3: Okay, give them a chance, Barley, go one date won't hurt.
Speaker 1: Make sure they're accurate in person. Bring a tape measure to the date and we will pay for the date and the tape measure to me.
Speaker 4: I'll send you a photo with me holding a newspaper from today about Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, wait you get a newspaper? How old are you?
Speaker 5: I'll be honest, I'm going to be wary and skeptical. But the fact that you have the confidence to address it on air like this and reach out to me this way is kind of a turn on. I'll be honest.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, our show's a turn on.
Speaker 1: Wow, you know those positive news. I mean, you don't get your money back, will, but at least you get another date to spend more money on her.
Speaker 4: Hooray. I get to spend more money on a date.
Speaker 3: We Hey, yeah, don't we pay?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are taking up to twenty five dollars.
Speaker 3: Will freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Before we go any further, we have to say congratulations to the best cell phone reception we've had all week, Marley and Will. Yeah, congratulations carriers. Did you could actually hear what they were saying during the whole conversation, which you would think wouldn't be such a huge struggle in this day and age, but apparently it is. And they say nothing predicts relationship success like the number of combined reception bars you two share.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we recommend all of you guys moved towards cell phone towers, right please.
Speaker 1: Actually, I'm with your brother. Cosmo needs to put that dating tip into one of their magazines. But I do hope they end up going out for real. If he does end up calling back though, saying he got stood up again for something else AI found, I'm not sure we can help him out of that situation.
Speaker 3: It seems like it was like the last, first and last chance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one strike, that's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, if he's being honest about the five eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we're gonna find out soon he shows up.
Speaker 3: If he's shorter than five eight, he's never.
Speaker 1: Seen we told him to stay in touch, and you should too. If you want some help with your dating life, we'll call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our Second Day podcasts wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey