Speaker 1: Second Date up Date, our dating apps officially dead.
Speaker 2: It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've heard people complain about them a lot, like Brooke says she can't get hers to swipe right fast enough, load speeds are too slow, and Jose he's emailing the help desk asking if they can add in a bikini barista.
Speaker 2: Search features on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Yeah, clearly not everybody is thrilled with them. But apparently there's a new movement that's happening right now that I didn't know about. People are banding together to get off the apps all together and try something completely different, which is how today's caller Troy wound up meeting a young woman the other day.
Speaker 2: Let's learn about it. Troy, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, how you doing.
Speaker 4: Whenever you say Jeffrey meeting a young woman, I either pictured this guy is going to be a grampa. We need to check somebody's ID like it's a weird you know.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about relative to the p people in this room, it's probably a pretty young So tell us more.
Speaker 2: About this wonderful young lady that you met. What's your name?
Speaker 3: So the lady that I met is Melanie.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, I'm curious to see how you met her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's this movement that you were kind of telling me about in the email.
Speaker 3: It's so pretty interesting, to be honest, my friends told me about this no thing that people are doing. It's called unfit run clubs.
Speaker 4: What is it against?
Speaker 2: Say one more time?
Speaker 3: Unfit run clubs?
Speaker 4: Unfit run club I love it.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: For people who are like runners, like Alexus.
Speaker 3: Exactly, but just get a reason to meet new people, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: They usually meet it like a bar.
Speaker 4: I feel like, yeah, yeah, yeah, I've seen like the sofa of five K groups too. You know.
Speaker 2: Yea good for you. So how did this work?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so basically, you know, instead of trying to meet new people on dating apps, which has been stressful, they're starting to playing these big guests togethers.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, it's not just for running. This is actually to meet their singles as well.
Speaker 3: The way it's supposed to be is we stopped, occasionally, we take some pictures, mingole, keep going, and then at the very end we all go to the bar.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, it's not because it's like a little more casual than like a speed dating event where you have two minutes to talk to everybody in the room and there's all this pressure.
Speaker 2: This is like mingle at your own pace.
Speaker 4: But it's unfit, so it depends on how out of breath you are during run anything.
Speaker 1: There's the one person who comes in an hour later than everybody else.
Speaker 3: But sure, I mean there's big groups of people walking too. We do that if you want to. You know, you're not a mandatory if you'd actually jog.
Speaker 1: Bat One's walking was involved, like the slow pace.
Speaker 2: So as all in there, I mean, anybody at any level can join.
Speaker 1: This, Okay, So tell us about how your Unfit run club event went.
Speaker 3: Well, I went with some of my friday.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you had backup on this all right, win with oh yeah? And were you all looking to meet somebody or were they just totally coming as your wingman?
Speaker 1: Do you mean brook? Are you asking are they all trying to meet one woman?
Speaker 2: Did they? Because too?
Speaker 3: That the same?
Speaker 4: I just mean, like, is everybody's intentions the same here? Are they just coming just for you?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Well they checked it out before they heard me on dating maps still and they said just come check herself.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Oh is there a recommendation?
Speaker 2: Okay, and so you said you met someone named Melanie. How did that happen?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So once we got to the bar, I met this girl Melanie right, and were and chatting there.
Speaker 4: Okay, And were you guys able to connect? Pretty well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was a really swoop down to earth. So we cracked a couple of jokes about the dating maps. That's the connected.
Speaker 2: Oh it was like she was not nice, but you still went out. She was awful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be weird. But you said you both bonded over not being on dating apps anymore?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 4: Okay, So she and did she explain why she had given it up? Was it the same reason?
Speaker 1: I think everyone has the same reason.
Speaker 2: How was the conversation with her?
Speaker 3: The conversation went pretty good, you know, but then kind of ended in about ten minutes. I would say, we didn't have a lot of time. Yeah, ten minutes?
Speaker 4: Why so quick?
Speaker 3: Well, if you think about it, I at the bar a lot of people. I'm with my friends, she's with her friends.
Speaker 2: Friends.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, So.
Speaker 3: But but one thing I'll tell you I did do. I did get her number.
Speaker 5: Well that's good.
Speaker 2: Did you ask her for the number or did you just take it?
Speaker 3: Get it? I? As I told her, I want to continue.
Speaker 4: Okay, did you guys go out again?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 4: No, actually go out for a first time.
Speaker 3: So this is where you know, I'm stuck now and I need your help a little bit. But I texted her, I said, hey, you know it's Troy, the guy from the bar, and you know the event that we went to. And she goes no answer, just.
Speaker 1: Wasn't into the event, like in general, maybe she wanted to go back to the dating apps after it. Like if Alexis, if you went to something like this, do you think you would actually be into it?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: No, I don't really like runner gats.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of traumatized.
Speaker 2: After running this is it?
Speaker 1: So this is non runners?
Speaker 4: That's true, but I mean that's true, but they're slow.
Speaker 5: How sweaty were you when you were talking to Hurt the bar?
Speaker 1: You know the question?
Speaker 2: That's a good question.
Speaker 3: Hey, on a scale of one to ten, I was probably like a two and a half.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you were you were a walker?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Wow, we can't get through one of these without Brooks shaming the male person. So I'm glad we got that out of the It happens. So now we're going to call on Melanie here in just a minute, we'll reach out and see if we can get you a second date update, and maybe she'll shame you a little bit more before we.
Speaker 2: Get into it.
Speaker 4: Read out I'm a big sweater.
Speaker 2: We're gonna.
Speaker 1: We're gonna come back pre second date update right after this second date update.
Speaker 2: It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: And if you've ever been to a charity five k run, you may have seen Brook there on the side of booing the people who finished the last because they walked or didn't walk fast enough or had crutches after their amputation.
Speaker 2: Are we already laughing.
Speaker 1: Because we've all seen that happen before. We've been there next to a wall. It goes on.
Speaker 4: And I often host them and encourage.
Speaker 1: People and to run and not walk, and we know, do you even want to cure this disease? Pick up the pay slow pokes. I've heard it.
Speaker 2: You don't have to repeat it here.
Speaker 1: The only reason, the only reason I bring it up now is because there was a meet up of the Unfit Run club as.
Speaker 4: They call it, words not mine.
Speaker 1: That's the name of the club. The whole point of it is to help people get off of the dating apps and get back to meeting people in real life. They do theirs at the park while they all run or sometimes walk around getting to know each other. And that's where Troy met a woman named.
Speaker 2: Melanie the other day.
Speaker 1: Brooke has already gone on record to say just listening to Troy's voice, she knows that he's a walker who does not sweat enough.
Speaker 4: Alexis asked if he was really sweaty when he met Melanie, and he said he was at a two. Two means that you're not running really hard. It's not a bad day, Troy.
Speaker 1: She calls you out of shape it Troy, Well, I'm not out of.
Speaker 4: Troy. Some people swear deodor in, do sweat much, Brooke, Okay, I am a big sweater all right.
Speaker 1: So again I've done like this on the last forty of these calls we've had to do. But once again I apologize for my co host Brooke. We are still going to try and get you a second date here, Troy.
Speaker 3: All right, sounds good. I mean I'm pretty positive I think you guys could pull it off and it went well.
Speaker 1: All right, So we're about to call her right now. But just in case you're tuning in for the first time, Melanie ghosted Troy after they had hung out for ten minutes at the very end of this.
Speaker 4: Event, so that she may not even remember him. To be honest, not it is a bad thing. I mean, he said, there was tons of people there.
Speaker 1: I'm positive enough to believe that she will remember you. But they know what Brook has to get that last jab in.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 4: I believe that.
Speaker 1: Can see if she picked.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hey, we're looking to speak with Melanie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you may. This is a radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Even when you say my name, well hi Melanie, We're really happy to talk to you. Yeah, thank you for answering and being here.
Speaker 3: I sorry, we're await. Sorry.
Speaker 1: I know this is probably weird, but we're doing a segment right now called a second Date Update, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners. That you met the other day at something called the Unfit Run.
Speaker 5: Club Okay, yeah, I was there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 4: It sounds like a fun time, a real creative way to meet other singles.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, someone that you met there had a really good time, felt like he had a connection with you.
Speaker 2: His name was Troy.
Speaker 5: That's interesting. I met a lot of guys that night, a little bit more specific.
Speaker 2: More specific than his name was Troy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys talk for ten minutes. He was at a sweat level of around two. He didn't tell us a lot of details about what you guys talked about.
Speaker 1: Don't gloat right now in front of the person. Did smile on your face. But he's he's kind of like a soft spoken, like really nice guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I met a lot of guys that night, like I would get him a lot of attention that night.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, girl, okay, wait, well it's great.
Speaker 4: Remember they bonded over quitting dating apps, about how bad apps are. That's what that's what you all talked about.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I remember him.
Speaker 1: Okay you see. Yeah, but the way that she said it didn't give me a lot of hope. There was what do you remember about him?
Speaker 5: But what I remember is that he is a liar.
Speaker 4: He's a liar?
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait, yeah, okay, Well you you guys talked for ten minutes?
Speaker 5: He said, yeah, Ri with's a minute okay, so that's and finished talking. I went over to my friend who recognized him from the daiting app and he's still on them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe he just didn't get around to deleting his file, you.
Speaker 5: Know what I mean? Like, oh, yeah, that sounds good, but no, why no? Yeah, because he tried to holk up with one of my friends for the event and match with another one of my friends after the event. And I promise you, he said to me definitively, I'm never using a dating app again. He's a liar. He's a liar.
Speaker 4: He didn't like add like, after I hit on your friend, I'm never using no stipulation.
Speaker 5: That's why I'm no longer on a dating app, and that's why I am no longer talking to him.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, makes sense?
Speaker 5: Yeah, why liear that?
Speaker 1: Maybe? Well, I know you're against talking to him on the dating apps, but what about talking to him right now over the phone?
Speaker 4: I r L no, thank you.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it wasn't really a question because I'm just trying to tell you he is on the phone right now listening to this conversation.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, that's how this works.
Speaker 5: No, he's not, I am, and he sounds pretty stalker, did you hear it? Yes? Yeah, that was really creepy.
Speaker 1: Well, let's give Troy a chance to step in and maybe defend himself a little bit.
Speaker 2: Troy, go ahead, you have.
Speaker 3: The floor, all right. First of all, you know, I'm not a bad guy. I just want to clear that up. She didn't lie, so let me point out out. I'll give it her credit.
Speaker 4: Okay, who didn't who didn't lie?
Speaker 3: Well, Melanie didn't lie by saying that it was still on the dating app and whatnot. But so you didn't know. I know, but I met her for ten minutes, right, we met for ten minutes. She gave me her phone number. I text her and she's not responding. It kind of like made me realize that this thing might not be working out and let me stick to what I'm doing originally.
Speaker 4: Wait wait, wait wait, she said that you you were on the dating app by the end of the night hitting on her friend.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying I won't want to get off the data and apps and theories in general.
Speaker 2: His heart was in the right place when he fast.
Speaker 3: It's the fast moving world. You know, you got to play with the game, So you gotta be why.
Speaker 4: You're coming in as a nice guy like the guy who was like ready to stop playing the games.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I am a nice guy. But you know, if I find a girl that's ready, you know, to communicate and continue the conversation, then of course I'm going to give it everything. But that wasn't the case.
Speaker 4: You gave her like fifteen minutes. It sounds like to respond to a text.
Speaker 5: He's a creep that you can hear it in his voice.
Speaker 2: Oyeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think we need to go that far and shame him for the sound of his voice. He's already been shamed for them out that he doesn't sweat enough on the show.
Speaker 3: Why did your friend match with me? Then you know I'm not a cleve. I'm just trying to find the right person today.
Speaker 2: You're bragging that you're going out with her friends. Well he's not going out. They matched.
Speaker 3: He didn't return my message either, but I'm open.
Speaker 5: Tell us something to my friend?
Speaker 3: Is the creek too?
Speaker 2: So show me she's it didn't make sense. Are they perfect for each other?
Speaker 5: Yea, no, No, she's a creepy. He's even worse than him.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe you should hook your friend.
Speaker 5: Why they match?
Speaker 3: Well, that's why they matched.
Speaker 1: Maybe your friend and Troy should go out on a date. At some point and we do that. Can we ask that question because each other? It doesn't sound like Melanie is into this at all. But maybe Melanie, we could offer to send Troy out with your friend on a date that we yeah, your creepy friends on the day that we would pay for.
Speaker 5: That might work it?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, I should be anyone?
Speaker 4: My god, how am going to pitch your friend on that? So this guy that I don't like and is creepy, but they are you matched?
Speaker 3: I guess?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, Troy.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, wait, well now you're telling me she will anyone. I kind of don't want that.
Speaker 1: Come on, now, you don't know a lot of options here, dude.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know what you're talking to me, So I'll do it.
Speaker 1: You are something, Troy. We've scraped to the bottom of the barrel officially and we are sending you out on a date with Melanie's creepy friend.
Speaker 3: Yay.
Speaker 5: I'm happy to It's gonna go great. I can't wait to hear it detail.
Speaker 1: And Troy will be here for you when she goes to you and we can do a second date update for her as well.
Speaker 3: Hey, Melanie, I just want to say one thing hate the game I've played.
Speaker 4: Okay, glad you saved that, but you know you guys.
Speaker 5: If you guys were on the phone, I would have hung.
Speaker 2: Up your patient. I am going to hang up on everybody. That's your second date update
Speaker 4: Goodbye freaking Jeffrey in the morning.