Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This he is Talking Cowboys, springing live.
Speaker 2: From the Dallas Cowboys World Hours at.
Speaker 4: The Star in Friscouson take burners here, that's got kids, takes any paint touchdown and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 1: It's a Talking Tuesday edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live.
Speaker 2: From the Star in Frisco, Texas and.
Speaker 3: The s w PC Studio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome in everybody.
Speaker 1: We got the whole cast and crew ready for you to rock today with Patrick see Walker, Josh Roderiguez, Isaiah's stand back.
Speaker 2: Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeoman's Glad you're with us.
Speaker 1: We will take some calls today, but since it's a short week, we got a special surprise for all you guys out there, guys and girls and everybody that's watching with it. We've got QB Vision today, So we're gonna do QB Vision. We're gonna take some phone calls, We're gonna give our news and notes like we normally do at the top of the show, and then tomorrow, oh, tomorrow packed up, jam packed, Just check mortgage board of Talking Cowboys greatness, because tomorrow will have news and notes. Then we'll have some lap code. Then we're gonna have some getch you popcorn ready.
Speaker 3: You put that lab coat in there on there and you freaking get in there, buddy.
Speaker 1: And then we're gonna get there's more pick them's at the end of the Yeah.
Speaker 2: So that's what's the short week plan for Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Shocked full, you might say, absolutely.
Speaker 3: Fun fact for you. What's that last night?
Speaker 5: Ye tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: I was tired, you're tired, just tired? Is that the We had a long day on Sunday, so tired, passed out when I got home, woke up, did a couple of chores, and next thing you know, my wife is calling me into the office. She's laughing.
Speaker 5: She stepping into my office.
Speaker 3: Exactly the principal's office.
Speaker 2: So I go in there.
Speaker 3: I'm half hear the rest of the story. Actually absolutely, So I walk over there and I'm like, what's going on? And she's literally watching Talking Cowboys can catch it earlier, and she's laughing at the intro because at the beginning, I'm going like this behind mister Rodriguez and he's going like this. She's dying. She's like, what's wrong with you guys?
Speaker 6: And a little bit.
Speaker 3: I have to go back and make a gift now of Josh doing this, right, you go back and forth. That's all you get. That's all you get.
Speaker 5: Wait for talking.
Speaker 2: After dark, once we get behind that paywall, happen.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now we have so much fun here.
Speaker 1: I also love that, like all of our family members are kind of.
Speaker 2: Involved with all the stupidity that we have on this show. It's great.
Speaker 1: Like my wife will text me it. Sh'll be like, stop it, don't, don't make another ky joke.
Speaker 3: Your wife Mamma yos Yeah, mamma yo's always watch I'm always getting wife chums in with just a ton of laugh of face emojis. Often because of this guy. Hey, he's a problem.
Speaker 2: The entire town of Little Elm watches for Josh Rider.
Speaker 5: He absolutely my hometown, my hood, if you will, the hood.
Speaker 3: Mean streets, the mean streets of slight of Walker Boulevard, the streets of Walker.
Speaker 5: Slightly you know what it is, Eli go Lobos.
Speaker 3: Slightly lifted streets of Little elm go Lobos.
Speaker 6: They've never once reached out to me, be like, hey, you know you're, you know, doing well over there.
Speaker 5: How about you? They got to do something for us. Come on, man, I love littlee.
Speaker 1: They were oh for ten in football this year, like they were oh and ten mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a rough year for Lobos.
Speaker 6: Well, don't reach out to me unless you're the media tech department, use of them.
Speaker 3: You're supposed to be a booster.
Speaker 2: You gotta start like saying, what do you We got to build an indoor.
Speaker 6: I've always wanted to be part of like a country club or like one of those what is it called the secret Society?
Speaker 5: Mean skull and Bones. Little them has one of those.
Speaker 3: I'm sure they do.
Speaker 2: I'm in talent.
Speaker 3: You're a boost, so you need to kick in this kick in really good transfer portal from duncan Ville.
Speaker 2: Let's start getting plays over here. We got to get some talent.
Speaker 6: I mean, the crown achievement is Cole Beasley, and I want to change that.
Speaker 5: I want to change that.
Speaker 1: Joe Looney is a coach there now, Okay, Joe, Joe, I love just called them. Sorry Joe, It's true. I mean the record is the record records or anything about it?
Speaker 5: The record.
Speaker 2: You are who your record says you are? Bam.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys are five five and one. Let's talk about little news and notes. Jerry Jones just got off of one O five through the Fan.
Speaker 3: He did just get off one on five through the fan.
Speaker 5: How many will have a story for you football?
Speaker 2: Oh no?
Speaker 3: However will they survive?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Jerry Jones has talked about several things on one five through the Fan. First, let's happen with the injury report. Keeping in mind, the Cowboys, as we all know, are on an exceptionally short week. Okay, so don't expect full blown practices going on here. I say that to say yesterday was a walkthrough. Okay, today might be a job through, right, y'all? What a soft jay. The headliner for those who may not be available against the Kansas City Chiefs on Thanksgiving is Tyler Gott And he left the eventual victory over the Philadelphia Eagles. That that felt good? Say, the eventual victory over the Philadelphia Eagles. Yeah yeah, and like those words, with an ankle injury. He did not return. It's not looking good for Tyler Guyton. When we talked to Brian Schottenheimer on yesterday, in conjunction with what Jerry Jones told one oh five three the Fan this morning. H it's it's a bleak outlook as far as him being able to turn around and play four days after suffering an ankle injury, in which case he's having a difficult time not limping on. So as we have this conversation, I will go ahead and put a strike through on Tyler Guyton, and I would pencil in Nate Thomas as the starting left tackle. So that's the that's the not great news. The other news is, you know, pretty good, pretty good Kayln Carson. I know a lot of fans were concerned about Kaylen Carson. Turns out he was just battling dehydration. That's why he was in and out of the game, so they so not like an actual not an actual injury. He was just battling dehydration. So when they felt they had it under control, they sent them back in, but then he started cramping again, so he had to exit again. So it was just it was a weird.
Speaker 6: He seemed really upset off the field whenever he's coming off and through his helm matting.
Speaker 3: Which makes when you cramping up, and you're just like.
Speaker 6: Totally understanding, going on, totally understanding it is something real injury.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, no, no, not not something that would lingering thing. It's what I'm kind of kind of a fluke thing. And anyone who's played any kind of athletics understands that sometimes you just you cramp up for some reason. And yeah, Isaiah, don't be quiet.
Speaker 2: Yeah what are you doing?
Speaker 5: If I need to get you one of these.
Speaker 3: That's it's weird because at this level, at this time of the year. But yeah, but I would also.
Speaker 2: So he hasn't played a time.
Speaker 3: I don't care. It's been off job to stay hydrated. Hey do you do you guys remember this might have been like three four years ago, give or take. The Cowboys had like this rash of cramping that would happen with the players. The time of the year it was around actually it was midpoint, maybe slightly before midpoint summer, makes sense they would losing. So that's the thing for people that are out there and one of my face looks like this. Hydration they always hydration is a part of your maintenance, right as a professional athlete. It's more difficult in the summertime because of the weight and water that you're expelling during practice, during the game on any given day because of how hot it is. So anytime in summertime to transition the first part of the year, that first month really of the year, you're losing ten to you know, and depending on your position, anywhere from five to fifteen pounds of water weight. So cramping is almost part of it. It's a part of it, right. You hope that you don't you hydrate as much as you can, but I don't know how how many times you guys have poured out fifteen pounds of water, but it's a lot, right, So your body will get dehydrated this time of the year playing indoor. There's really no excuse for it, is what I'm saying, Right, that's a preventable measure and most certainly preventing. So that's why I get that look, like, how it can you come into that game dehydrated? It most certainly, And even before games there's a line of guys that get ivs before the game, Like, so there's many checkpoints, checkpoints that could have been prevented in terms of him, you know, missing time in the game to Kyle's.
Speaker 6: Point though, he's ramping up for the first time basically this season, over the last three weeks, and you know, maybe this just was part of the getting back into the rhythm of things. Totally understandable. But yeah, of course you'd expect him to be hydrated. But it's just one of those things and probably why you saw some of the frustration on his face coming off the field.
Speaker 5: Hitch, I shouldn't. I shouldn't be dealing with it right now. I need to be through.
Speaker 3: And the good news is is that he's learned the lesson. Not an injury. Yeah, he's not an injury.
Speaker 5: That's the good Yeah, thank them.
Speaker 3: Will be on the field again, pickle juice, City Chiefs, everybody. That means he needs to have a jar pickle juice on the sideline. So be it another round of good news. George Pickens. We know that he was dealing with would now be described as a contusion. A contusion. Brian Schottenheimer said yesterday that it's more so just soreness that's being worked through. He basically expects that George Pickens will be on the fields. A good thing. He has time to recover, right, No, No, not at all. Because player safety and you know, and the like, right, nothing.
Speaker 2: Patrick, but then we'll go we'll go straight into the many.
Speaker 3: By after that. No, yeah, three and twelve, I mean yeah, not talking about a record, Yeah, player safety. So George Pickens, he's dealing with some He's dealing with some soreness, as is also Digizua. Now, I will say, based on how the answers from Shoddy and Jerry Jones were qualified, it sounds as if the only one that they haven't a real concern with is Tyler Guidan. So also diggi Zua did not participate with an elbow injury, but sounds like he will be fine. They're just gonna be cautious with him over this very short period of time. Same for George Pickens. Soreness with the knee half should be fine. Cavante Turpin missed, practiced with the walkthrough, I should say, with a shoulder issue also an illness should be fine. Uh, And everyone else either participated in a limited capacity or in a full blown capacity. So again a straw circle around Tyler Guyton. He's the one that likely will not play. Everyone else looks like they will be in probably won't practice this week for guys like, oh, so, excuse me, George Pickens, Cavante Turpin, just to make sure that they they are as good to go. But trust me, when that bar gets kicked off, you're going to see George Pickins on.
Speaker 5: Life and going off of player safety real quick.
Speaker 6: Just to clarify, there was no actual practice, full fledged practice yesterday.
Speaker 5: It was a walkthrough coer and that is an estimated.
Speaker 6: If there was a practice yesterday, these guys would be inactive or did not practice.
Speaker 3: And speaking of George Pickins, what about him? Jerry Jones said something else about him? Oh no, he was asked, of course, because you know, it's George Pickens and he should be asked. He should be asked. Jerry Jones was asked, is there a is there a version of the multiverse in which he does not envision or see George Pickins in a Cowboys uniform after twenty twenty five? And I quote, no, I do not. We've got two number one receivers and that's just exceptional at a time when our quarterback is at the best he's ever been. End quote Jerry Jones. Jerry neither Jerry nor Shoddy, nor Dak nor CD nor anyone you speak with is being koy Isaiah when it comes to George Pickings. Okay, they are all yeah, no, they are absolutely.
Speaker 2: I'm glad they're not that guy can't stands.
Speaker 5: I don't like that. I don't like that.
Speaker 3: But all these guys, including upwards to the ownership, they are standing on the front porch center stage to let George Pickens know. There's one way to let him know. Fact now, Jerry Jones was also.
Speaker 5: Asked invite them over for dinner, given.
Speaker 3: Given how the market is, and given how George giving I like that, given how the market is, and given how George Pickens is playing, would he be Jerry comfortable with a situation in which possibly George Pickens earns more than ceedee lamb. I will say he deflected that one. He got that thing right there. So basically Jerry Jones said, let's just just just pump the brakes on that kind of stuff. Let's just see how everyone around there. He was like old man. So yeah, so that's what we all right now with I don't think about with David Schapel and a racial draft. Now wait one dog, I'm midnute run.
Speaker 2: Now, uh. Kind of going along the same lines, there.
Speaker 1: We we had uh, we had Stephen Jones on pregame Live this week, as we normally we did, and I asked him the question I asked him. I was like, we were just finishing talking about George Pickens, so it was a natural transition to ask about George Pickens and the future that he has. He was kind of a little less upfront about it than Jerry was, but I thought, and you can go back and listen to it. It's posted on YouTube. It's posted on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 5: So dot com.
Speaker 3: Sorry it is going. Sorry, I'm living at the analytics man, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 1: So it's up on YouTube, up on Dallas Cowboys dot com and you can go look at it whenever you want. But the interviews about midway through the show, and asked him, has there ever has there been talks? And he was like, yeah, pretty much, there's been talks now between Pickets and the representatives, but within the front office is the question, but not noncommittal, Like it wasn't noncommittal, but he was just kind of less upfront about everything.
Speaker 3: Non committal us done. It's hoisty everything, like that's where people need to understand, like you could pat him on his back, you can give him a high five, you can give him a Jason Garrett slap on the cheeks. At the end of the day, it's it's always going to be noncommittal until he gets the bag. You know what I'm saying, Like it just is what it is.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: That's how you show guys nowadays. Nowadays, guys just they want their cash, they want their bread. Which the only way that you you could promise me you can send me a dog on a letter, put it in my locker, and not until I get that bread. I agree.
Speaker 2: Pay the man. Pay the man.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's take our first break so that way we have plenty of time here for what's coming up on the next side of the segment. It's a little bit of some q be vision. More to come with talking cowboys right after this.
Speaker 8: Every day begins with a promise, a promise to work hard and to build a future. That's why we're here providing the tools, expertise and John Deere equipment you have relied on for generations to help you get the job done right.
Speaker 7: We're with you.
Speaker 8: That's our promise to you because no matter the project or the challenge you're facing.
Speaker 3: We're with you. Where are you noted?
Speaker 1: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag, box or can you purchase help support that mission.
Speaker 2: Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 5: I'm home.
Speaker 3: Hey mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers onloading. Nice.
Speaker 9: Hey can you?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 9: Hon?
Speaker 2: Yes, I've got the finale ready to play. Here's your wine. Wow? Isn't it nice?
Speaker 5: Not having to ask?
Speaker 2: We think so.
Speaker 10: That's why if there's a network interruption at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fiber downtime lasting twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single incident pack to ten more towers. Strictions exclusions apply. Att dot Com slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 3: How's it going? You see that Cowboys game? Oh?
Speaker 2: I watched.
Speaker 3: I've been seeing some good things totally. They have some talent.
Speaker 5: You have some great talent, and.
Speaker 3: They got some fight hoping. This is the year me too. Oh, I'm Cody.
Speaker 2: By the way, I'm Travis.
Speaker 3: Nice to meet you. Travis. Go Cowboys Go. Cowboys make a new friend based solely on their shirt choice.
Speaker 5: What would you like the power to do?
Speaker 3: Bank of America, the official bank of the Dallas Cowboys Corpywright twenty twenty five. Bank of America Corporation.
Speaker 2: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Back here on Talking Cowboys presented by a Black Rifle Coffee Company from the Star in Frisco, Texas. Of course, you can wear your Cowboys gear to a Black Rifle Coffee location and get ten percent off your entire order.
Speaker 5: You wear something like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a sweet shirt. By the way, thank you.
Speaker 5: You wear that hat, you can wear that, you.
Speaker 3: Can wear that pull over, I can wear that.
Speaker 2: You can wear the quarters.
Speaker 5: At Isaiah, what is it?
Speaker 8: What is it?
Speaker 5: Isaiah?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't have any I have the draws on.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, okay, that's the paywall.
Speaker 3: I am stand back for that one.
Speaker 1: Hey, yo, are all platforms, but you know what is free on this platform?
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 2: All we do give out is knowledge?
Speaker 5: So I shaved my head. I need the knowledge to go right in, no buffer, you.
Speaker 1: Know, buddy, Right, it's time for a little bit of some.
Speaker 3: Why Eddie, why Eddie cut up? It's time for QB vision with Isaiah's standback.
Speaker 2: Guys, here we go week thirteen. That sounds crazy to say, Yeah, well, it's Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: It is giving of thanks. I'm sure mister Pickens would love them to be thankfully giving. On the way, how about we hand out some l's. Starting off with the Kansas City Chiefs though, okay, Casey's coming to the town, coming to get that work. Let's talk about their defense. Okay, where do I see them being most dangerous? What do they do the best? It's a great question. Well, first of all, they have somebody that I have the utmost respect for as their defensive coordinator, and Steve Spagnodle, Yes, he is amazing.
Speaker 5: He's pretty good.
Speaker 2: H Mickey spag No, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: They probably related though different spells. It's all the same. It's like William and Williams.
Speaker 6: Mickey went into the witness related Kyle go back in the history books, which switch a couple.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's he's really good. I have the utmost respect for him. I can tell you one thing about him. So we call him Spags. Okay, let nobody says. Spags is somebody who wants to put you in the situation to get you in third and long. That's that is like literally the blueprint first bags. He wants.
Speaker 5: That's not a good thing for the offense, is it.
Speaker 3: No, it's not. I'm just telling you what he wants to do. Okay, This is when Ken City's most dangerous. King City is most dangerous when they get you in third and eight, third seven plus, right, that's when they send the dogs after you. Spags wants to light you up. He will send He has a whole green book full of blitzes and he wants to get after you. That's what he wants to do. They take away the run. That's what they do.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: They make it very difficult for you to run the ball. And there's a dude in the middle of their defense that makes that a little bit difficult.
Speaker 5: Is that number ninety five?
Speaker 3: Yeah, ninety five, Yeah, Christopher Christopher Jones, Yeah, big ninety five. He's a problem when he wants to be he takes plays off. He takes plays off. You turn the film on. You can't help. But notice the fact that he is somebody. If he doesn't want to be blocked, you can't block him. Not to mean guys. You can say that about in this league. There was Aaron Donald years ago, but he didn't take plays off. Chris Jones is like that. Different body type, different build, different different techniques for sure. But difference is he takes plays off. He doesn't go one hundred percent all the time. You can frustrate him, you can fluster him to the point where he just literally is just checking the box. You like to get him to that point. But I say all that to say that you have to find some way to get some movement at the line of scrimmage. These guys do a good job at up front clogging things up, okay, in terms of their interior linemen, consuming your three interior linemen and the things that we've been talking about by our linebackers the last few weeks, which is playing downhill. They do that. These guys fly to the ball down hill. Now, how does that help you? If you can have some form of a consistent running game, some form of beause I'm talking about three yards in the cloud of dust here and there no negative plays, obviously, you can then get to your play action game.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: DAK does a really good job of play action. They don't do a great job against play action quarterbacks. There is plenty of space behind their second level defenders because they're so aggressive in the run defense. They want to play downhill. They play fast. This is a fast defense. Let me say that across the board, this is a defense that is freaking kohonas to the wall. They're going down here. They're trying to hit you right and they want to stop you at the line of scrimmag so that they can blitz. If you can get their respect, demand their respect for which you're rushing attack, you think it can kill them. In a passing game off of play action, you can literally destroy them. But you have to get to that point, which means just you have to gain that respect in terms of their secondary things that I or let me let me work down the line. Chris Jones ninety five somebody I have high regard for. George carl Offtis is somebody I used to rant and rave about. He's taken not one step back this year, he's taking two steps back. In my opinion. He's not the guy he used to be. He used to be in the category of like not Max Crosby in terms of his productivity, but it's like a second n but in terms of like just relentless effort, just an absolute mad man that used to be him that I'm not seeing it on film this year. I want to be his fan. I want to cheer for him, you know, not this week, but I don't. I'm not seeing it.
Speaker 5: What are you seeing differently from his performance last year versus this year?
Speaker 3: I think his leverage, I think his leverage and his effort, his will doesn't seem to be there as much to win those matchps. Those Yeah, So between him and Chris Jones, those are two guys that used to make their defense pretty dog undominant. And there's a reason why these guys don't have the record that they used to have because these guys aren't as impactful now at the second level. They got some guys at the second level, Okay, Drew Tranquill.
Speaker 2: I like him.
Speaker 3: I like him. I like the way he plays twenty three. He plays downhill. Whenever they want to get pressure on third down, you're gonna get pressure. Just lay that out there right now, Okay, third down, I don't care if they're bringing it. They're bringing it. It could be third and sixteen. This fact, you're getting pressure on third down. So all the fans out there, antenna is up. On third down, they're bringing somebody, okay, and usually it's five guys. They're gonna bring at least five okay, and it'll guys to be walked up, they'll drop out. You never know where it's coming from. They do a really good job of disguising where they're bringing pressure at their safeties. Don't move into the last second. They do inversion, they do match, They do a lot of cool stuff that you don't see from most teams because they don't have the discipline. These guys have the discipline. These guys have the understand and they play fast. So at the second level, Drew Tranquil somebody. I really like Nick Bolton. He's not what he used to be either. I think he's a good player, but he's not as dominant as he used to be. So those are two guys that Bolton I used to cheer for. He's not that man no more in the secondary. Okay, Trent McDuffie, I have no choice but the cheer for him. He's he's a really good player.
Speaker 2: He's a UB.
Speaker 3: He's a U Dub guy, but he's also a Dub guy who's damn good. He's damn good. He's the one cover guy. Then I'm like, okay, put some respect on it, man, put some respect on it. They're gonna they like to play two high safeties predominantly, but they really, like I said, they do a great job of disguising they I mean there, it is late. Sometimes it's after the snap that they're moving their safeties. But what they're playing isn't always that disguised, is not that tricky. If they're playing man the man, their corners are looking head up. If they're playing man to man and they're bringing cornerback blitz or Nicola back blitz with with Roland Wallace, then number thirty, I know right he'll be he'll be looking up, looking up, and right before the snap his eye you'll see his head turn right a lot of times you'll see DB's with their eyes and there's really quarterbacks are depending on the receivers to communicate that, hey, his eyes have now shifted to you instead of me. Right, So a lot of times you'll see receivers line up in the slot and if somebody's walked out over the top of them. One of the main indicators is a safety kind of being twelve yards off over the top of that guy so that he can roll down. They do a good job of sitting at safety inside so it's not as noticeable, but if that guy starts looking in, you need your receivers to communicate the deck hey, hey, hey, head up, head up, head up. You know you got we got have a nickelback blitz coming here. Clean that one up. Kind of kind of Jalen Watson Number thirty five. Tostitos Tostedo's Plaza Tostedo's plaza. If he walks upon you throw the ball up.
Speaker 2: For those that may not listen every single day, what is the Tostitos.
Speaker 3: Tostito's Championship Plaza is right out here, okay, at the star but we also yeah, but Tostito's is also a ebonics term for getting getting roasted getting toasted.
Speaker 6: But I will argue Isaiah standback. According to Pro Football Focus, he's ranked number six overall in quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: H oo wow, throw it up, he said, Throw it up, Dak. If you see thirty five walked up on any of your receivers, it up. Throw it up on ampt throw it up. Bro. I'm trying to tell you.
Speaker 5: So Like, he's not a very physical cornerback.
Speaker 3: No, and he's not the fastest dude in the world either, right, so he gets beat. So even if they're disguising their coverages, they like to play match. Okay, So I'm done talking about the individualsA. There's not much else.
Speaker 2: Can I Can I ask a balient individual?
Speaker 3: Yes at a moment, yes, yes, one.
Speaker 2: We're in for it.
Speaker 3: They're safety twenty seven Chamai Connor. I like him too. If they want to bring pressure, it's gonna be twenty three or twenty seven. Those are their blitz guys. So if you're at the line of scrimmage and you want and you're in a situation that they need to force you into a fourth down, or they need to force you into a long third down potentially on second, find twenty three or find twenty seven. If you find those guys most likely, that's probably where the coming. That's those are their hunters on their defense.
Speaker 6: I feel like you could argue the same for Dallas defense and number twenty seven Ready Stewart. I mean it's like this, as soon as he gets with the lines are like, oh this is good, it's gonna be.
Speaker 3: But Ready's been playing out the linebacker level. They've been playing Ready like a linebacker.
Speaker 5: I like Ready, I really do.
Speaker 3: I really liked what they're doing with that. They've been playing a five to one with Ready walk down as a linebacker.
Speaker 2: Two things here.
Speaker 1: First off, that's kind of been Spag's whole thing is that weird secondary blitz and where they're going to bring up from. And they always seem to have one or two guys that they can rely on do that. I mean, you think back just a couple of years back, whenever they've been winning the Super Bowls, it was different guys popping up, and then it was the honey Badger in the backfield that was doing a couple of different things like that when they but they kind of rotate through those guys. It's not just one guy or so the system where those guys are placed that allow them to be successful and make it harder to diagnose exactly, and so that's something that Dak's going to have to do. The second thing about it is I can't get past. Of course, these two teams don't play a lot. They play every four years, every year ears at home, and so when they play each other, the game stick out in my head, and so I can't get the way that Chris Jones dominated the game against Dak Prescott and company last time out of my head.
Speaker 2: That had three and a half sacks.
Speaker 1: Back in twenty twenty one, it was a nineteen to nine final score. Just this sloppy game at Arrowhead. If you think back to it, Dallas was seven and two going into that game. They had all sorts of Super Bowl talk and all the different championship caliber players, and they felt like they had what it took to take on a team that had just come off of.
Speaker 2: A Super Bowl instead or Super Bowl appearance.
Speaker 1: But instead they got beat pretty handily and kept in check, mostly because of Chris Jones. Remember he's got a personal connection with Dak Prescott. They were teammates at Mississippi State and we're in the same draft class together as well. So you talked about how they've taken a step back. Carl Loftus has never played the Cowboys, Chris Jones only his second chance as a starter to play at Cowboys. Are they two guys that even though they haven't played the best this season and that you still have to circle because they've got they've got a little bit of a vendetta there against Dubash, I mean the different reas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, guys could turn it up to turn it down, obviously. I'm not sure that George Carloff is in a position to turn it to turn it down.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I feel as if his overall well being physically isn't what it used to be. You know, I don't think he has the capability to play the way he used to. I don't think that's more. I don't think that's a decision on and off type of decision. He doesn't have that character. What I understand I think is physical limitation. In terms of Chris Jones, he is a lights on, lights off type of guy. Okay, so he can literally I mean, Cooper BB has to really sure himself. Okay, he got his butt kicked by Jayalen Carter this past week, Chris Jones was watching that film let's just call it what it is, and Chris Jones is he lines up as a one technique, But I'm talking about a one technique that's almost a zero like he's he's on. He is face mask to face mask with the center. So Cooper BB, you gotta buckle up, buddy, buckle up. One thing I wanted to say about their coverage real quick before we get up, before we pass off to next section here, this is a team that you have to be okay taking the five yard pass. You yes, Jake, Yeah, Jake, Jake from State Farm bro.
Speaker 5: You hate what they give you.
Speaker 3: You have to be able to get him a sponsor, not a sponsor. We don't have any insurance sponsors. You have to be able to we do.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't get that money. So we need to get up contract life. So get the ball underneath and be okay getting the ball underneath. This is a team that you can frustrate, Chris Jones. You can frustrate Bolton and all these other guys by just chipping your way down the field. What does that cause Spags to do? Spags does not like that. He wants to get pressure, he wants to blitz, he wants to hit you in the face. They get high off of that. They're going to give up some plays. Hey, you find thirty five. I'm not saying to not throw towards Trent McDuffie, but just understand that you're putting the ball at risk. He's he's that guy, right, So you take your shots when necessary against him. But you can win over the top on these guys, but it has to be in a play action game, and it has to be when they go single high. When they go single high, make them pay. They want to be too high, and even when their safety is down near the box, they'll roll out. They'll go to a cover two. A lot of times they're matching k which means that they're playing two man. The outside guys are gonna go sit on the inside shoulder of your outside receivers, and these guys are gonna kind of be in a trail technique, which means that they're kind of funneling your receivers towards the safeties. Right, they're kind of going high low on them, right, They're kind of trying to squeeze them in like ice cream sandwich. When they're playing single high safety. Even if they're playing cover three okay, which means your outside corners have the third, they're gonna match your inside receiver. That means that the inside receiver is gonna have somebody playing him man cover. So even their zone defenses are still have they still have guys playing man technique. So you have to be able to win a contested catches. And they're when they play single high, their linebackers get depth. I'm talking about ten yards twelve yards deep. Take the underneath. You go back and watch the Denver game. RJ. Harvey had a number of plays where it literally just came out of the backfield, just dumped it to them, caught it, get some yeat garbage, and like they just couldn't do anything about it. You can see them looking at each other like I'm doing my responsibility in this coverage. What the heck am I supposed to do? In Denver's like thank you, thank you. We'll take this. At this is what you're gonna give us, We'll take it. I'll throw three yards and let them run for eight. You have to be okay doing that, I'll tell you. I'll say it after the break. But I have a particular stat that's in my head. I feel like if the Cowboys achieved this particular stat, they win this game.
Speaker 1: No seas stat of the week when we come back or talking Cowboys right after this. If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocer store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 11: If you shout how about them Cowboys, you have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't.
Speaker 5: Be beat better yet.
Speaker 11: Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious, ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 5: The wins will be even taste here it's a pepper thing.
Speaker 1: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order.
Speaker 2: Plus.
Speaker 1: Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 2: Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 3: Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 5: I'm home.
Speaker 8: Hey, mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 3: Nice?
Speaker 2: Hey can you ahn? Yes, I've got the finale ready to play. Here's your wine. Wow?
Speaker 5: Isn't it nice not having to ask?
Speaker 2: We think so.
Speaker 10: That's why if there's a network interruption, AT and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fib or downtime lasting twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single incident impact in ten of more towers.
Speaker 3: The strictions and exclusions apply.
Speaker 10: S att dot Com slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 2: To Talking Cowboys Back You're on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This segment is brought to you by invisil Line, the official Smile of the Dallas Cowboys, Patrick docy Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Hi, Isaiah stand Back, chrispiam in the back of Kyle Yeoman's time, Now quickly for Patrick's stat.
Speaker 2: Of the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to borrow from the greatness of the Kate washst out of the week, Just something popped in my head, not just in when I turned the page to the Chiefs, but in read the magnificence of QB Vision Air five for my absolutely killed QBS always does. This game is gonna come down to one simple thing for me, looking at the fact that the Chiefs escape that win against the Coats because they shut down Jonathan Taylor to the point of having nine run stuffs on sixteen of his rushing attempt. That's how they were able to keep the game mostly one dimensional. Spatanuolo was able to pin his ears back more often than not. If Javonte Williams plus sprinkling some Elie Davis, if the Cowboys can rush for at least eighty five meaningful yards, meaningful not garbage time yards when you're down fourteen points in the games I known.
Speaker 5: On, I'm saying early and often, early.
Speaker 3: And often, if the Cowboys can rush for a combined eighty five yards, maybe sprinkling a touchdown, that's cool, But eighty five yards wins you this game. On the ground, well, it allows you to Chris Jones for example, Chris Jones, he is dynamic. Yeah, when he wants to be dead when he starts getting frustrated. When he starts getting frustrated, he starts checking out, Yeah, exactly, So make him check out by being effective on the ground. Eighty five yards on the ground, and I think the Cowboys get away with a win.
Speaker 6: They're three and two, so at least for me, in terms of the run defense, they are ranked eighth overall in run defense. They are averaging about ninety seven points six yards per game. I think eighty five. I'm okay with that meaningful early in the game, that would be clutch. But one of the telltale signs for me. They're length ranked eleventh overall in pass defense, but over the last three weeks they've given up two hundred and forty plus yards.
Speaker 5: In each of those.
Speaker 6: But I'm saying, I'm saying that, like, if you're leaning on, like we're talking about, you want to get the run involved early, and often you have to.
Speaker 5: You have to set it up.
Speaker 6: And I think Dak Prescott going up against Steve Spagnola and Kyle has sat right now going up against the Spegnola. How has Dak Prescott favored in the past.
Speaker 2: He's three and two.
Speaker 1: He lost those two games when he was the defensive coordinator in New York with the Giants as a rookie. So the two games that he lost there were both as or no, he's two and three, excuse me, So he lost those two He won in twenty seventeen two games against the Giants, So twenty sixteen two losses, twenty seventeen two losses, and then the one in twenty one whereas is the only time that Spagnola has been on the Kansas City staff playing against Dak Prescott, so two and three against Spagnol.
Speaker 6: I think, with Dak on a heater here after throwing three hundred plus yards in this last game, I think, of course, you want to set up the run.
Speaker 5: But I expect Dak to have a big game.
Speaker 6: I really do, and I hope George Pickens is ready for it, and of course Cede Lamb as well.
Speaker 3: I'm really looking at it right here. First two, just going by the losses for the Kansas City Chiefs. First loss was against the Chargers, and the Chargers had a combined I want to say, eighty nine rushing yards. They lost to the Eagles in a close one. Eagles won by three, but say Kuan had eighty eight yards averaged four yards per carry. Let's see what's going back through. Their next loss was against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Was that ninety so they broke the one hundred yard mark the Jacksonville Jaguars did on the ground and Buffalo Bills. They lost to the Bills by a touchdown James Cook one fourteen. Again, so you're seeing a trend here. If you can get at least eighty five, preferably one hundred. You always want to get a hundred yard game in the ground, but if you can get I don't. I don't want to make the Bowl predictions, said Javonte Williams is going to go out there against this defense and run for one to twenty five. But if you get eighty five meaningful yards, you do it early, you do it often, You do it with a chunk play here there. Make them respect. Then then you can expose everyone in the secondary whose last name is not MCDUFFI I am okay with us not getting eighty five as long as we run at least eight screens. Okay, you know what I mean? Like, like you understand it's the count. Yeah, So like I treat screens and most teams do it right as run plays. So if I can get the ball out to a quick swing screen out to Javonte Williams right, or Malik Davis or whoever it is, right, it's not gonna be our receiver. Receivers, please, receivers be receivers. Don't not running not running backs, but not running back. Those are those are quick hitters that get us outside of the box where they're most dominant, and you get out on the edge and now you're just asking your receivers to block right and you can steal. You're stealing five yards. What is five yards to you? It's a run play, it's a it's a it's a it's a highly accurate run play that gets you out of their strongest point and gets you out to their weakest point, which is out on the edges. I truly think if you run eight to ten screenplays against this team and you have success with it, now, there's always gonna be one or two that might get stuffed, right, But I'm taking the over, especially with now Jonathan Mean go back right, his ability to be out there on the edge. I'm taking the over with our ability to be able to have a consistent screen game that acts as our run game. Now that I'm not saying that you can letely abandoned the run, but what I'm saying is, if there's a freaking brick wall, let's just understand that it's a brick wall. Do we try to find a weak spot in the brick wall, of course, but ultimately it's still a freaking brick wall, right, So you take what you can get. Right, there's a wall here, and it's soft over there. I'm going to the drywall. I'm not going I'm not gonna keep hitting the dog on brick wall. Let's go to the drywall. Right, That's exactly unless you're cool. Aid shouts out to the Cowboys social team. That was funny sensation.
Speaker 2: That was good.
Speaker 1: If you haven't checked it out yet, dak is aid Man running through a brick yeh of the Philadelphia Eagles. We've got to get some calls. It is a talking Tuesday. Eight eight eight eight five five two two ninety seven. Give us a call.
Speaker 2: Call me now, I say it, stand back, wake.
Speaker 3: Up a short. I'm trying. I'm trying to cram on this information. Believable. You fumbling.
Speaker 1: Give us a call eight eight eight eight five five got me.
Speaker 2: Now, let's go to Dano in Florida, our first caller. I'm not talking Tuesday. Hey, Dano, you got us?
Speaker 7: Hey, guys, how are you anytime you beat the pigeons. It's a great week.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I got a couple observations more than anything else. First of all, you know, at the draft last year when they drafted uh Tyler Booker number one, I was like, okay, that's the take on you know, those the beasts in the east of Steve tackles with the Giants and the Eagles, and I'm going to tell you something I watched. I've watched the game twice already, and he totally destroyed Jalen Carter. He did he took him to the woodshed. He really was something. It was impressive to see what he did.
Speaker 9: I thought.
Speaker 7: The other thing is Ferguson. I know early in the year everybody was talking about, you know, he caught thirteen balls in a game or whatever the case was. But you know, he catches three yard out and he you know, we gained four yards on it. This is the first first game I thought where he uh, he played with violence, a real level of violence, and it was fun to watch. I just thought it was great. The other thing, in terms of the defense, boy Williams, what a what a difference up front he's making. I mean, the linebackers are playing better. Uh. Obershawn Is He's just a beast. I like uh. I like Lloyd's edition. And I'm a big believer that Murray should not really be on the field that much. That uh, the person that should be on the field is the kid from Florida. I just think he's he brings more to the table, and and you know, I just want to go back to the tragedy of a few weeks ago. I went through a very similar situation in college. We were playing in the semi finals of the national championship game the week after Thanksgiving. We had to be back the Friday after Thanksgiving and you walk into the quad at two o'clock and there's a bunch of people sitting around crying and crying and you know, wailing like there was no tomorrow. And you find out that the captain of the basketball team had been killed in a car accident down in Monticello. And you know, we were kids, you know, seventeen eighteen, nineteen, twenty twenty one year old kids, and we just didn't handle that well. It was really hard. They didn't bring in therapists or anything. That wasn't the thing back then. But I just wanted to throw that out here because they thought the Cowboys had handled it just so so well. I mean, you know, they deserve all the credit in the world for the way they handled it, the way that the team came around, the way the front office handled it. So I just want to throw that out to you folks. Hey, you guys, have a happy thing. Talk soon.
Speaker 1: Same Thanks, Dane. Appreciate the call, especially that final plat. Yeah, it was good, and I completely agree. I think you got to give a lot of credit to the resources that this staff and that this front office have given the players over the last three weeks now since it certainly happened with Marshawn neland and it's never going to go away. And I think we've seen that over the last two weeks. It's still very much so a topic of conversation and a point of motivation and a point of sadness for a lot of these guys. I mean, they're missing their brother during the last two games when they're winning, they should have him right there with him, and to a certain extent.
Speaker 2: He is right there with him, but just not physically.
Speaker 3: And that's that's what to play relentless football Ford, to honor him. And here we aren't two games in and done that. We're seeing it. They had a stumble obviously several to start against the Eagles, but boy, they looked over at that jersey, They looked over that flag that Osa brought them to the field of at ninety four, and they're doing for ninety four, so Hurst will brother, they are they're playing their So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the other points that that dan O may there's a lot of them there. Anyone that's stuck out to you specifically that you want to keep on talking about here.
Speaker 6: No, I thought he had great points. I mean, I love what he said about Quinn Williams. Of course he's a difference maker a game. But the Jamar James over that is a little too early for me because I like what Kenneth Murray's doing now that he has a little more help in the front around him. I mean, he recovered a fumble for you. He's a good heads up player past break up the week earlier. I think he's a solid veteran to have in the lineup currently. And I think he's only helping your other guys. He's helping Demo. He's helping basically clean up a lot of things for you that it might not be bouncing off of the tape or not be spotlighting off the tape. But to me, I think it's good to have the veteran prisons out there, and I think Shamar James is learning from a guy like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do we have time for a quick call.
Speaker 2: We have one more Mike in New York. You're on the line.
Speaker 9: What up, Mike, what's going on? Guys to give a first set. Obviously Cowboys on Sunday that was fight that was that was Regillians and fight like down twenty one points. That's just like everybody's like, oh, they're not gonna come back. I'm like, the Cowboys are gonna make adjustments at halftime. And I give it to our defense because they really shut out a team like that in the second half and then you know, offense picked it up and stuff and Pickens was from phenomenal CD. I think you off a bounce that game. You just had one of them games. He had an off days. It happens, you know, unfortunately, you know it's like, you know, we pick on eighty eight. I'm like, well, you know it's gonna happen. It's gonna just gonna happen. You're gonna have an off day. It happens. You know, it's gonna you know, one player plays good and the other dozen. So it's just one of those things that's gonna happen. Which you guys have happy holidays as well, So how going.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you, biddy.
Speaker 2: I think one of the things he said there is they made adjustments at halftime. But Isaiah, I give you credit.
Speaker 1: On the post game show, you were saying they made adjustments before halftime. Getting the score to Pickings right before the break was big. But also the defense, the way that they were playing at the end of the second quarter was kind of indicative of what we would see as time went on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they made their adjustments, and that's why it's scoring before the half was so important, because it wasn't It wasn't much that they were doing necessarily incorrectly, at least offensively. It was just that they were just making too many dog on mistakes, right, So they weren't being stopped, they were being self inflicted wounds. I know that's always a very argumentative point there when you're facing an appontent that's kicking your butt. But they they figured it out. They stopped the bleeding, and they progressed for it. Defensively, they started making adjustments in terms of stopped playing offso dog on much that that was the thing that was killing them. They were playing off coverage just kill them all year long. I'm hoping that that changes. Hoping I know that eber flu sees it. I just think that he's more so in the mindset of being but don't break type of defense at this point in time, and I think you've seen a minimum if you've seen that minimized. But when teams are getting the big plays now, it's because it's just an amazing play. It's not so because it was busted coverage. So I think he's okay with that. I'm not okay with teams being able to go throw the ball and get seven yards of pop. That's what I'm not okay with. I think it was fantastic points that he made. First and foremost. I can't stress enough exactly how freaking fun that was to witness, and I will point it out until the end of time because that just doesn't expire. You got took twenty one zero, you still got took. But that being said, I love what you guys are saying, and I love what he said. In fact of the matter is the Cowboys did have halftime adjustments that went out and clamped him on defense and still took a little bit for the offense to get going. They did get the George Pickens touchdown right before halftime. But I will say going against the Chiefs. When your defense is playing as well as this defense started playing in the second half against the Eagles, and you see punt punt punt and your offense goes out and you know, punt punt turnover like that can't happen. So finally they were able to get things going. But I like that this defense is showing me it can give you chances and get the ball back into the hands of that Rescott in the offense now going against the Kansas City Chiefs, when your defense does that, you better score the damn football. And you cannot and I repeat, I know, we'll talk about it tomorrow. You can't play offer versus the guys like this is not the offense. We playing eight yards off like you get up there, they will, Isaiah, they will run a twenty play drive and be okay with like and there's any readers, like that's what you want to give us, Fine, we'll take it. There's a standing lab coat tomorrow about the offense in that passing attack that goes to Isaiah's point.
Speaker 1: But you got to we've got lab coat, We've got get your popcorn ready, We've got pick'em's tomorrow. There's a lot going on in tomorrow's show. Isaiah is gonna wake up a little bit better tomorrow.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be okay.
Speaker 2: Is gonna be okay.
Speaker 3: Three wills strike, three years, take a swing.
Speaker 1: For Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah stand back who did a great job on QB Vision today that.
Speaker 3: I will say he's oh that.
Speaker 2: He almost whipped out there. We'll see you tomorrow with more Talking Cowboys. Thanks for watching.
Speaker 3: Do you have two undred seventy degrees?
Speaker 7: Ophul?
Speaker 3: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.