Speaker 1: To on the move, Going Deep, Speedless Peas Doll From the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex.
Speaker 2: This is Drivetime with Travis Wingfield.
Speaker 1: He's God my hands in the playoffs. What is up, Dolphans And welcome to the Draft Time Podcast. I am your host, Travis Wingfield. And on today's show, Many Camp Day one is in the books and we had a busy one breaking down all the action on the field. Plus we'll hear from Tua Tounguava Loa, Mike McDaniel, Tyreek Hill, Jalen Waddle, Davon Hien. We have a damn all star team down here and we heard from all of them on this beautiful June fourth, this Tuesday. From the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex. This is the Draft Time Podcast.
Speaker 2: Let's kick this off of the story of the day.
Speaker 1: And we do that despite the fact that quite frankly, guys and maybe some of you will disagree with me here on this, maybe some of you even turn off the show.
Speaker 2: I doubt it as a result of this, but who knows.
Speaker 1: But gosh, I just don't care to get into the nitty gritty contract details of all these players, maybe I'm the crazy one.
Speaker 2: I just don't think it matters. Why because it's.
Speaker 1: June fourth and the season starts in September. It's conjuring up a story out of something that is not a story yet because of the day on the calendar two was not going anywhere. He said that he feels confident something will get done and that should be the end of it. Right, That's how I feel. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe you guys do want to hear the beat, try to guess the twelve words that describe how to A feels about the contract negotiations so far, and maybe there is a story there regarding him not being completely thrilled about it. That's not what he said, but that was kind of the message he portrayed there. But he said that he's confident it'll get done by the time they get back for camp, So like, is it a story?
Speaker 2: I kind of feel like it's not. Wattle got his bag.
Speaker 1: Tyreek, as we heard today, is very very happy to be here in Miami. I just want to address it off the top so that we cover it, because I do call this the most comprehensive Dolphins podcast in the land. But like, we had a lot of football today and that's where I want to talk. That's what I want to cover here. I think if you're looking for a show that has a focus on that, I would recommend Kyle at Lockdown Dolphins, as I do for pretty much everything else in the Dolphins sphere. He's better than I am to contract stuff and he will unpack it since he probably didn't have a chance to or I know he didn't have a chance to watch practice, so I assume he'll get more into that than I will, I'm sure, But I think come to this podcast to hear practice breakdowns and what I have kind of turned into my own, like you know, true crime podcast in terms of the storytelling and the sound engineering. Like I've become a big fan of that style of podcast, and so that's how I cover these practice podcasts with quotes from the day that help confirm the things we saw that you guys didn't have a chance to see, so that you can trust what I'm saying and completely affirm it with what the coaches and the players are saying themselves. So I'm not going to not cover the contract stuff. I just want to put out this disclaimer first, and I'm not going to have a whole episode on these topics, which again a lot of other shows probably will do that. So if it's your prerogative, feel free to go ahead and do that. And there's no one way to enjoy coverage or your favorite football team. So I'm not saying you shouldn't do that. I'm just telling you I don't see the value in getting in depth to all that stuff beyond just what guys said and where we are today on June fourth, when there's no eminent deadline in place. Now, Tua did say he's a little bit and he didn't use this word, he wouldn't give us the word, but I'm going to go with anxious, antsy to get a deal done. He wants to be here, and he expressed his knowledge of the market and when they talked about Jared Goff and basically saying, guys, look, the market is what the market is, and that's what dictates what guys get and he wants a deal to get done. Maybe isn't thrilled that right now at this time it's not done yet. Can you blame him? He's a human and he's he certainly has grown in terms of the way he kind of takes control of I guess everything in his life, you know, in his fifth year in the National Football League, and he certainly deserves to be paid, and he's going to get paid. It's a top ten quarterback in the NFL. I argue he was six. I would listen to the argument says he's ninth or eights, But I digress, and I can understand maybe a hint of frustration in that regard. But also, these things tend to get done sometime during the summer camp, right training camp or preseason, whatever you want to call it, as they can be pretty complex. It's lots of language and there that has to get sorted out, and it's not just a quick document you sign and call it good. Sure, Jared Goff did get done, and you can point that back at my face and say, well, this got done. Why can't another one? Absolutely can and to acknowledge that. But he wants to be here. They want him here. I just don't see the point in spinning our wheels on something that has, you know, a deadline months into the future. Maybe that's the benefit of not being tethered to numbers and engagement.
Speaker 2: I don't have to put.
Speaker 1: Two a contract talks in the headline because I have other priorities here on the podcast. And again, maybe that's not what a great show is. Maybe you guys do want to hear that, but this isn't the place for that. I can just focus on what I think makes a good show. I don't have to worry about what I think will get the most attention across a national landscape. I just want to talk about football. Does that work for you, guys? I think you're here for that reason. Let's go ahead and keep it on that topic. I'll leave the first take headline stuff to Mike Greenberg and Stephen A. Smith, Waddell, Wadell what Jalen Waddle also addressed his contract. He's obviously thrilled to have gotten paid. Got that money you on, as he would say. And then there's Tyreek. He addressed his situation as well, said his agent will take care of all that stuff. That's what makes him great. His job is to go be great a football and help the team win, whether it's a restructure, whatever that may be. In fact, let's just go ahead and hear from Tyreek real quick on how he's feeling.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm doing great, man, I'm feeling fabulous, feeling healthy, feeling Bobby's great to be back in Miami for another year. So it's amazing, man, to be around the guys once again.
Speaker 4: It's a great feeling. As y'all can see.
Speaker 3: I've been all around the world getting my ass torched, my kids, but I'm here in Miami, so I'm great right now.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm feeling good.
Speaker 1: The first part is about how he's feeling physically and just how his day is going. This one here is about the contract, about.
Speaker 3: The contract situation. You know what, I'm gonna let my agent do his job. That's his job, man, His job is to be great at that. And my job is, obviously, you know, to come out here and continue to do whatever I can to help this team win, whether that's a restructure, whether that's whatever the case may be. You feel me, but we want to make sure that it benefits both sides. And I want to be able to help the team as much as I can, you know.
Speaker 5: And that's it.
Speaker 4: And that's as much as I can say about it.
Speaker 2: I mean, pretty great there.
Speaker 1: He told He told us about to a tongue of bi lower that he thinks that tu it gets better every year. He's gonna keep getting better. That's what he does. And last year was the Pro Bowl. This year is the playoff win, and much more so. We good on all that, I think we are. Let's go ahead and get into this and start today with surprise, surprise, the quarterback position to a tongue. Bailoa was on the field, and man.
Speaker 2: He who.
Speaker 1: I hope, I hope a lot of these guys that are here watching these practices here in twenty twenty four, twenty twenty three are here for a long enough time to see post Tua and if there is a couple of years the Dolphins don't replace Tua, you know in twenty to forty where it's kind of tough. I hope they're here long enough to see that, to appreciate what we get to watch in practice every day. Because man, it was it's so crisp, it's so sharp. It was all seven on seven for the quarterback. But you can clean a lot from that. We also got commentary from the top two receivers, the head coach, the quarterback himself, and it's just more of the same from last week on this guy. He looks better at everything, and that's something that we've been harping on here on draft time for a while. Right to a skill set is one that ages very well, and you pair that with an insatiable work ethic. The result is year over year improvement, which in any walk of life is the desired outcome, getting better or from what you were previously. And we'll hear from McDaniel about Jalen Waddle in a moment. But the talent mixed with the hunger is a great combination and both those former Bama boys have plenty of that. And with Tua again, just surgical and that's all I've seen from him this offseason. First off, the way the offense looks, just in how it's kind of clicking on all cylinders and enveloping new wrinkles to the offense we got to see last year. I'm not gonna give you guys details on that because that goes against reporting rules, but just further incorporation of expanded ideas from what we've done in the past and the ability to maximize the overplay to what's been successful. So essentially what teams might take away there are more and more answers to potential problems. All of that that you'll get a chance to see in a couple of months when you come out of the training camp or when the season starts against the Jacksonville Jaguars. I think for Tua's purposes, we saw every club in the back that he was hitting the stingers with a three iron. He was hitting lob shots of the sixty degree club. He was driving the ball in the middle of the fairway every shot you need. He was Scottie Chef. He threw a touchdown to Wattle at the back Pileloin or camp Smith was over the top of Wattle. Tua throws it way before the whole even he's leaving idea and the ball essentially had to be placed in who's the now I'm drawn of Blake. Who's the bad guy in the movie seven? I know it's Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman. Who's the one that puts the head in the box. Anyway, he had to put the ball in the seven box right the ups the shipment that I get my golf balls in. I get three dozen golf balls every few months that I get shipped to my house, and it's like in a little eight by ten bucks that's exactly where the football went once in the box a touchdown.
Speaker 2: That's when the box Brad Pitt.
Speaker 1: Later he had Hayden Roucci Ricci sorry, working down the middle of the field and he feathers this touch throw that descends into the bread basket without breaking stride. And that's not you know the thing about these throws, like these are different players, different speeds, different skill sets, and Twoo just has this calibration like, is it my slow tight end running free down the middle of the field. I'll go ahead and put that ball between the four and the two or whatever his number is, Like, can't remember the number of the jersey is, or do I have to throw the shot a number seventeen who runs a four to two forty yard dash down the field, I can do that too. He was dotting guys up out of the break, and this is where I feel like the one percent improvement can dictate. Call it ten percent better production, if that makes sense. So we know that Tua is one of the best in the game and throwing guys right out of the break with the balls on them the second they get out of their break, hit your landmark, snap off the route, get your eyes back to the quarterback because the ball is going to be right there because the defender, that's what the separation is maximum on the route right out of the break. So Tua has always won because he anticipates that throw better than anybody else. In times it out better than anybody else. But I'm telling you everything is just a little bit better. And when I see Jody Fortson pluck one, Jalen Waddle get one, River Craycraft who also made this stellar one handed catch in the corner of the end zone, and you'll see that on social In fact, one of the shots we got. You can see me at the top of the bleachers in the background raising my arms because sorry, I started singing the Cougar's fight song when he caught that touchdown. I'm not by I'm as a team reporter. And the best throw of the entire day of my money was this rip to Brayln Sanders where he's twenty yards down the field comes out of the break and the ball just pops the pads and he body catches this one right. And typically you want to get your hands turned over and catch it with your hands, but sometimes the ball gets into your gut. You kind of have to body catch it and from the top row of the bleachers where I'm cheering the WSU fight song, fifty yards away from the players on the field. In addition to being up that high, you could hear the thing pop the pads and that might seem innocuous to you, but Tua hasn't done that in the past. That's not usually a to a throw. Usually it's a feathered, layered throw that kind of runs the guy into space. But this was a stick a shot into a point that just popped the pads and put it on him right when he needs it. Now, I need the ball right now, put it on me. That's exactly what Tua did to put in Sanders for a big, big play. So if he's adding that to his game, you know, I mean, that's like getting thirty more yards in your drive. And he also said he feels more nimble, lighter on his feet. Again, it's a beautiful thing when your twenty six year old quarterback continues to improve his craft. Let's go ahead and take our first break right there. Come back out of the break on the other side, and here from Tua on what it's been like working with John Beck back here a segment two Draft Time podcast covering Day one of Mini Camp twenty twenty four. Picking it back up here I left off the other side talking about some audio clips here from Tua Toungua Bai Looa. Again, if you guys want to go watch the entire media availability, I'm sure it's up on the YouTube channel by now. But I want to focus on the football stuff that he talked about. And I'm very glad that I got the last question of the day in because I wanted to follow up on this first first one here that we're going to play, talking about what he's been working on with John Beck in his private quarterback.
Speaker 6: Coach, sort of using my hips, getting my hips more involved with my throwing, and sort of the rubber band theory. If you guys know about that, you know about it.
Speaker 1: And Tua did address the training and the weight loss this off season and saying that he wants to be more nimble, a little bit more capable of making plays off script. A couple of the focuses that.
Speaker 2: I mean they were obvious.
Speaker 1: I mean we knew what he wanted to get better at, and I mean a little bit more of that too, is the more pop and the zip, and I mean I keep saying, but this guy just came back and got better, just like he does every off season.
Speaker 2: Let's go ahead and hear from him again.
Speaker 1: When you heard him talk about the rubber band theory there, I asked him, what's what does that do? How is that applicable for football improvement? Here?
Speaker 6: Is too on just that the football benefit to the rubber band theory. Its seamless when you throw, so your hips go before your upper body and then it's sort of like when you release it, it just snaps, so just a flick of the wrist, but that ball takes off for you.
Speaker 1: So I thought, again, really really good answer there, and it jizz with what we've talked about this offseason. Right, he's incorporating a tighter, more compressed throwing angles, and that is basically the rubber band theory is, you know, you maximize the elasticity of the rubber band and it creates more pop, more drive, more length, all that stuff and using the hips that makes it all tracks. It all tracks everything we've talked about here on the show. I think Chris Kaufman talked about this with Tua incorporating his hips and news mechanics a little bit more. It's all there. It's all out there now we can all see it. And if you go back to pre practice, McDaniel addressed not just that with Tua, but the offense as a whole in your number three evolving their game and getting also even better.
Speaker 7: We've had a tremendous offseason with regard to developing certain things within our offense, and two has done a great job developing on some stuff that we've asked him to do. So if there's more development live action today, awesome.
Speaker 5: If there's not, all just as well.
Speaker 1: I just think that it's apparent again we have the answers what we were looking for. He's clearly worked on the the movement skills, the creation off the off script, and also the arm strength and just making things more seamless and a quicker release.
Speaker 2: All that stuff is part of his game now. That just looks really really good.
Speaker 1: Let's go ahead and talk about receivers, tight ends and backs of skill players. He just kept finding all of them. I mentioned the big play to Brolin. Sanders also had another big play layer in practice, but also had a bad drop that would have been a big play. That's just kind of who he's been so far in his career. Early on, Malik Washington continues to impress. Had a nice little catch and run in mid red zone where he sets up a block with one man in space and got around the potential tackler for a touchdown. I just love what he can do to turn a short gain into a significant one.
Speaker 2: And then there was Jalen.
Speaker 1: Waddle, who what a ballplayer this guy is. Let's go ahead and start with Waddle and what he worked on this offseason with his personal training.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, a lot of things.
Speaker 8: The quick game, something that was going to emphasize. I felt like I need to work on more in the offseason. So something that we really emphasised that on me and my trainer at Goldfee my guy, So, yeah, been.
Speaker 1: Working and I asked him about the workout videos that he's been working on. That's what he told me there. So I thought that was interesting. I was hoping to hear him talk a little about hands catching, but we didn't get to that point. But before practice, McDaniel also expressed the feeling about Wattle and how he works.
Speaker 7: It's been a really cool process with with Jalen, just because you know, I got involved in his career, got to start coaching him after he had one hundred reception rookie year, and you know these it was early on that I could tell that this guy has, you know, unique skills to play at a high level, really across the board, unique slot route running, you know, full field speed, playmaking ability, all that.
Speaker 5: But then year around him you see the competitor.
Speaker 7: He's such a great human being, but you know, the the drive for greatness is real for him. I know last year, I guess from a statistical standpoint, measured against the year before, may have been.
Speaker 5: Dip in numbers.
Speaker 7: However, I think his play had improved from the year before. I think he had an unbelievable offseason that you know, there was a couple injury blips on the radar that kind.
Speaker 5: Of kept him from his game.
Speaker 7: But I think he's continuing to develop, which is great news for the Miami Dolphins because I think he's a big time player that's hungry and those are great, great things for fans to watch and organizations to have on their team.
Speaker 1: Kialen made so many plays in this practice, you just can't cover him with one guy. Quite frankly, I thought the one rep that someone actually mirrored his route was Cam Smith. On a route going back to the quarterback on a comeback where he squad and showed good recognition and change a direction which always jumps off the you know, off the practice field when I watch him in individual drills. But when it comes to the team period, that's where things kind of get crossed up. And I had saran Neil who had a massive day with a big pass breakup on a throw where he's all over Braxon burials from Tua and that might have been like one of two Tua incomplete passes on the entire day. And I noted this is what we lost to Buffalo last year in the finale. You cannot have saran Neil, who's a good player, he's a special teamer mostly taking out your number three option all by himself. You can't have that because Taron Johnson's going to do that. And then some more on the additions to the offense in a moment, But first a few reps later, Braxton sets up cam Smith with a little double move cross face out to end and just roasted him and took off for a long play. Like I don't know, man, I watch him move and fly around the practice field. It looks good, but you wonder is there something that hasn't clicked from the mental standpoint that allows him to play that fast when it comes to team drills to carry over from the individual wil drills went through the exact.
Speaker 2: Same thing with no Iguinogny.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to call it the same situation yet, but it is similar in that regard. I just I think there's some good, some bad, and I think the bad right now probably outweighs the good. But I do want to see those physical traits get maximized at some point because if it does, it looks really really good. So waddle back to the offense. He caught contested touchdowns. He made one play on a back shoulder throw from Mike White where he adjusted snatched it away from his frame while diving to the ground to make that catch. He looks to me more comfortable and how he receives the football and just looks like a superstar receive. That's why I wanted to ask him about the hands catching, because it looked better to me on the practice field today, the one time I had a chance to get to get a good look at him out here at OTAs. Let's go ahead and hear from his teammate Tyreek Hill on the development of Gylan Waddle and where he's come from his first year in the league or first year with Tyreek Hill and year number two to now heading into year number four.
Speaker 4: It's great.
Speaker 3: It's been awesome man Like just to see his just like his whole development from where he's come from. Because when I first got here, there were a lot of things that ne to be clean and cleaned up. And I was the same way too, though young pup, very explosive, fast, could move with some of the best on But as far as with Jalen, he's done a great job of you know, taking on like some of the things what I've been telling them. And we have such a tremendous receiver coach in West Worker that.
Speaker 4: He's been listening to him also. So just just to see him.
Speaker 3: Get paid, just to see him, you know, get recognized as one of the top guys in this league is awesome, man. So it's fun. So now his new now his new nickname for me is twenty eight. Every time I see him, I say, what's up twenty eight?
Speaker 1: So so we know about all those superstars, Let's go ahead and talk about the tight end position. That could have a lot to a lot to chew on this season because I alluded to McDaniel addressing the development of his offense back in his pre practice press conference Say that twelve times fast. He was asked about the tight end position and what the additions of John hu and Jody Fortson a little bit different than what they have with obviously Durham Smyth's and Julian Hill and for sure Tyler Croft last season in terms of speed and tackle breaking. Here's McDaniel on the thinking behind those signings. I just love the overall message here on top of what we have now at the tight end spot.
Speaker 7: Some people think that there's just whatever it was, it will always be. You know, I think much of NFL offense you're making best with the resources available and playing to people's skill sets when you are afforded an opportunity to have people of different skill sets, you know. You know, I've been fortunate enough in my career to playing within the same system, have all sorts of different attributes had. You know, there's a time that I was on a team that had the leading tight end in the in the NFL. You know, So I think you're always just finding ways to make your team better. And I think, you know, with the proven history of the the attention that some of the other guys in our offense get, I think that for a defense to fully defend the entire field, you know, those those couple guys along with the whole group are really work and take advantage of that because there's opportunities there for sure.
Speaker 1: And Jody Fortson continues to just it kind of reminds me of Eric Azuokama, And I don't really know how to describe it because it just looks different, like the length. I keep going back to the go go Gadget reference because their length really stands out. Among Malik Washington and Tyreek Hill and Jalen Waddle, Jody Fortson's length is real, man. I saw him sort of box out Jordan Colbert on a red zone rep and none of these safeties can match his size and the linebackers can't run with him. His length and ability to sort of have that go go gadget catching footballs off of his frame, it just serves to increase the ability to attack leverage. Like if you want to line up inside and we're gonna throw a speed out off of the break, well, now I've got six more inches to work with because I've got long armed that can go out and pluck that football. It just gives you more room to attack in the tightest area of the field down on the end zone. And gosh, Toua was painting the corners like Jamie Moyer. That's a Mariner's throwback for you, guys. I thought he played for a bunch of teams over a twenty seven year major league career, but he was throwing those footballs right where they had to be, and not even Angel Hernandez could miss those calls.
Speaker 2: They were perfect.
Speaker 1: Also saw Jody ketch a pass and open it up a little bit and run on the open field for a long catch and run. I'm telling you, guys, if he stays healthy, he's a big piece of this offense. I had this conversation with Marcel and Cam Wolfs today and we were like talking about tight ends and they were like, well, Mike Kasiki was one of the guys that you know, kind of like, was was Guziki actually good?
Speaker 2: Because is he good? I don't think he's that good.
Speaker 1: I think forts is a better player. Just gonna go ahead put it out there. These better player if he stays healthy. You know who else is great after the catch? Now the tight end who led the NFL in that category a year ago. Let's go ahead and hear from Mike McDaniel on John Hout.
Speaker 7: He's a you know, a fast, dynamic football player. But what I love that he he provides is a tonality, you know at the point of contact that you know he's he has become a master of yak not only because of speed, but because of a mindset that I think I'm paired with his position coach John Embry. I think that's a that's a great working relationship because John Embery, uh coaches tight ends not to get tackled or that one player can't tackle you, and that's that's John his life. So I think it's I think it's adding a a mentality, adding a physical presence at the point of attack, for you know a lot of times if people want to really really give up a bunch of space and and sit back there or or drop seven and and and with some depth, you can make them pay.
Speaker 5: In a short amount of time.
Speaker 7: And then he can also stretch the field and do some cool stuff too. So having all those guys work together has been awesome this offseason.
Speaker 1: And John who did lots of that today. First off, just a strong presence. I can't tell you how many times I saw him catch a tightly contested throw and yeah, there's no contact, but I've seen enough of his game film to know that's where he bounces off that tackle and rips off twelve more yards to put us in a field goal range before the half.
Speaker 2: You know, like he's got that kyp of skill set in his bag.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I just see I see this offense as an embarrassment of riches, multiple options and diverse skills that can maximize the result of how teams have to defend ten and seventeen. And I don't think that's anybody that can actually truly stop those two guys in Waddle and Hill. And then I think we have a specific purpose with each of the other weapons and how those guys can contribute.
Speaker 6: It's just.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you do. I really don't.
Speaker 1: I had the six hundred point goal podcast like a month ago. I've only strengthened that belief over the last month of watching these guys play football. It's they're so good, they are so tough, I mean beyond Reek and Waddle, Malik has a role.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I think Jody Fortson has a role. John new Smith has a big role. Devon ah Chan we'll talk about him in a second. My goodness, Raheem Moster like Rikazukama's in there. Oh yeah, by the way, Odell Beckham is here, I haven't even seen that yet. I don't know, man, I don't know. I think this team looks really really good, especially on offense. Let's go ahead and go to Devon ah Chan here, who had another awesome day catching the football. Let's actually go ahead and take our last break right there. Come back on the other side, cover that. The rest of the notes from practice. Will also hear again from Tyreek Hill. All of that and more Draft Time podcast your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by Auto Nation. Somehow Devon ah Chan looks faster. How does that make sense? Because this guy has like what two of the top ten speeds in the NFL last year. Let's go ahead and hear from Devon ah Chan on the second year in the offense, and maybe there's something to that with how much more comfortable he is in the offense six years.
Speaker 9: Always you know it's supposed to been in your first year, because you know, your first year when you first come in, you know, you knew, you know, you still have just you still learned it even through the season. So you know, sake ye, I'm way more comfortable than I am last year because I feel like, you know, I know enough to where I can go in. He can call anything, and I know what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: And then I wanted to play this sound bite for you guys because I've seen Devon ah Chang catching passes from every alignment, from every position, from every depth of route like he's he's just looks like a receiver in a lot of ways. And so I'm gonna go ahead and play back to back sound bites here for you when I asked him about, you know, in what ways has has been playing receiver or how's the comfortability allowed you to expand your role in the offense as a receiver. And then also are you taking from the guys that are here because you have some of the world class best receivers in the world on your team.
Speaker 2: Here's Devon ah Chan back to back clips.
Speaker 9: Yeah, man, most likely you know just me no lining up a different positions as far As, like you know, receiver of routes and stuf. So that's something that we're doing different this year. So that's something that I've been doing his offseason. Oh yeah, like you said, like you said, I got got some of the best receivers in the room here Ocia. You know when they was you know, I was going out there with the running rouse with them, you know when it wasn't here.
Speaker 4: So I did that with them.
Speaker 9: So basically what night you know, like like you said, like come on, our receiver room is you know, one of the greatest. So I mean, if I want to do the stuff that they want me to do, I might as well, like you know, take tips to learn from him.
Speaker 1: So yeah, he was running routes with Tyreek and Jalen right like duh. Obviously that made him better. Okay, some final notes here on the rest of the positions. Offensive line, I thought Aaron Brewer had an awesome day. There was a rapper he got displacement on the nose tackle well I think was Brandon Peeley driving him off the football and created a big gap. Working alongside Lea Mikenberg and Austin Jackson to completely erase the right side of the Dolphins defensive line or I guess their left side. Austin Jackson continues to be one of the best in the league at that same idea, and you know, the passing game kind of takes care of pass prob. But I didn't see him have any struggles of getting guys to the ground that we're trying to bend the corner around him or cut back across the face. Austin just looks apart again this year. He's gonna be fantastic for us. A couple of notes on guys that got worked today. I thought the two UDFA O lineman Andrew mayer Meyer and Matthew Jones kind of got the kind of got their their lunching a little bit Byron Mattos is a guy that is intriguing to me. We're gonna hear from him on the podcast sometime this summer. He did an interview with me at Media Day that was really good, but he had one of those like engulfing blocks where the guy kind of disappears underneath him. He is some kind of specimen. Speaking of specimen, Patrick Paul looks good. I had a rep where he's you know, playing left tackle obviously and he flattens a wide nine, like he takes the wide nine all the way to the ground. Shouldn't do that in practice, but he did it. And I'm telling you guys, this guy can flat out play. There was a play where Malik h Washington breaks attack on Ethan Bonner in a one on one situation for a touchdown. I'll catch and run, but it was because Patrick Paul got out wide and wiped out the corner for him to get that edge. Like he is getting off the football, he's finding his target, he's squaring it up, and he's putting those guys on the ground. On defense, Zach Seeler had a rep where and this is just Zach be and Zach where he reset Rob Jones two yards into the backfield then rejected a pass and kind of chirped about a little bit. I'm sure the offensive line didn't love hearing that. Butnito Jones, I thought had a pretty good day of work. Did the first time I saw him out there working. And he's very hard to miss because he is large in the midsection, if you will. He had some good work dropping up some or dropping some ball carries at Lascarridge and earning lots of DAPs from Austin Clark. Brandon Peely had a run stuff and practice that I thought was pretty impressive. Chop Robinson ruined yet another play by beating everybody off the snap. He burns around the edge and wins the corner and Mike White just throws the ball over the entire field and the defense just to kill the play, just to survive. Quentin Bell, you guys might remember that name from last year at Hard Knocks. He was the one that always got credit for the way he would help the defense get good looks for what the opposing defense is going to present.
Speaker 2: He was awesome in practice.
Speaker 1: He blew up a now throw a quick screen to Malik Washington, he beats a block and shuts down a run on the inside. He got lots of love from the coaching staff today and also sure for that practice squad work He has popped out here so far.
Speaker 2: And O T A. S.
Speaker 1: Saran Neil was everywhere, which is obviously great to see. Javon Holland had some great rangy reps where he got to places before the offense did. And Chuck plays down and I want to go ahead and conclude the podcast. Well, I've got two more things for you here. One audio SoundBite from Tyreek Hill, and the second part is gonna be the best part of the podcast of the entire day, Saven the best for last. Let's go ahead and hear first though from Tyreek.
Speaker 3: Hill, ensuring I'm a dolphin for life. That's number one man, that's prior to number one man. But this is obviously the best situation for myself and my and and the family.
Speaker 4: I don't think it could get any better, you.
Speaker 3: Know, whether it's you know, just to live in establishment in the state, the taxes is just everything, the weather just it's just everything that comes with just.
Speaker 4: Living in Miami is just beautiful, man.
Speaker 3: So we love it and it's awesome, man, just to be here.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Coaches are a wonderful teammates a wonderful man.
Speaker 4: And I'm like twining in fight from the Bahamas.
Speaker 3: So I can just go to Baja Mare anytime I want to, man, and do what I gotta do.
Speaker 1: Feel So, you hear this audible yelling coming from the field, and I hear Omar.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what the hell omar?
Speaker 1: And I look down and there is Jalen Phillips running onto the field in a good casual jog a run, and he said, am I limping? Everyone quite enjoyed that. So, Jalen Phillips, you are an elite pass rusher. You're an elite human being, and you are now clowning Omar Kelly, so therefore you are the fan favorite. All right, good stuff there, fun podcast. Let's go ahead and call the show. We're gonna come back tomorrow and do it all over again Thursday. We'll see if we're on the field. I don't know if we are are yet not, but we'll have plenty of content for you guys. I have so many more soundbites I want to play for you that I wanted to just kind of push off till later in the week because we have so much on this show with Tua, Reek and Waddle all talking today, so all that to look forward to, and then we go to summer break next week. So we'll talk about that more in the future. But as for my time today, that's gonna be my time you all. Please be sure to subscribe to the podcast on Apple, Spotify, Stitch, you're tuned in.
Speaker 2: Wherever you get your podcast from.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and leave us a rating, leave us a review, You can follow me on social.
Speaker 2: At Wingfield NFL.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and check me out on Instagram as well. I know my Twitter following us is where I'm known, But Instagram doing some more videos and content for you guys there as well the YouTube channel for medi Availabilities, Dolphins Inday Drive Time content, and so much more. At last, but not least, Miami Dolphins dot com. Until next time, Bin's up on camera and Daddy, he's coming Old