Speaker 1: Alright, we're good.
Speaker 2: You like busting with the boys, hanging with the best betting on the game. No moment's gonna tell us what.
Speaker 1: Can not be.
Speaker 2: We're here just drinking beer and making that baby.
Speaker 3: I'm hanging with the Fellers, Busting with the boys.
Speaker 4: Bro, ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to the episode of Busting with the Boys, Episode three eleven, Preten three ten, dude, three ten. We have a lot to look forward to today on this show. We have Francis Ellis with us, very long episode and then who knows how long this is inter just gonna go. As we're speaking right now, Black Monday's going on. Some coaches have already been fired. Obviously, we live in Nashville, Tennessee, so there'll be some conversation around the Tennessee Titans where they gonn do with the first pick? Will Levis. Who's the issue? Who's the problem? Is the GM is the head coach?
Speaker 2: We don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe Amy Adamstunk, who still lives with Houston, she's the problem. We'll find out after I tell you about our favorite vehicle in the entire world. That's a Chevy Silverado. It's that time of the season teams are in the playoff hunt and every game counts. We know when it counts, you can count the Chevy Silverado a dependable partner with strength, capability, and true grit. Whether you're looking for a spaci's interiors to comfortably get to the game, the functionality of the multi flex tailgate to get the most out of tail getting, or technology to make driving, toning and parking all easier, Chevy Silverado has your back. Now is the perfect time to get into a Silverado or silver Wado HD, our favorite truck and the official truck of busting with the boys. Go to Chevy dot com to check out all the great offers and even bill drones. Silverado do's a favor. If you're a little more interested in what kind of awards they've won, you can visit jdpower dot com slash Awards for more award details. Gentlemen, we have a non round of the playoffs going on. The wild Card Playoffs are going to start. Teams are disappointed weren't run a plus. I'm gonna go back to JV.
Speaker 2: Hofey before we get into that.
Speaker 5: If you are a barstool surviving fan, there is spoilers of tonight's episode, So I just wanted to put.
Speaker 4: That out their fair fair point.
Speaker 2: As you're listening, there are spoilers of Monday night's episode, so just be cautious in this Francis episode spoilers.
Speaker 4: Maybe we can do that too in the end place, we have some alarms shounting off. Just put spoilers around our faces.
Speaker 2: Before we get into the NFL. Is that where we were going to j JP four, That's what I was.
Speaker 4: Well, I saw JP trying to talk and I was trying to bring out my thought, and I was like, I'm gonna bring JP in after.
Speaker 2: Should we go college football?
Speaker 4: Let's go college first. Let's go college.
Speaker 2: And for everybody curious that follows along and watches the locker room as well, we will be hat We will be dropping the college football Playoff preview four yesterday tonight on Tuesday, that drops at six pm. And then our NFL playoffs, our wildcard weekend that will drop tomorrow morning on Wednesday at six am. So that is how we're separating the locker room this week. A lot of awesome games, we got all the best teams, we get to talk about all the best teams. Now playoff picture in the NFL started out.
Speaker 3: The National Championships on Monday. Are we going to include that or how are.
Speaker 2: We going to do that? No? National Championships on like January twenty eleven, Yeah, the next weekend.
Speaker 4: You're right, there's still around. I know it's there are so many teams out there.
Speaker 2: Yeaheah, that's true. All right, Yeah, good talk. Yeah, do we want to talk about did we touch on Michigan Alabama?
Speaker 4: Ge?
Speaker 2: We touch on the ball? We touch about it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, wild series of against really quest but I'm sure if you tuned in you probably did. Unless you're an Alabama or a Michigan fan. The first half of that quarter was just fucking crazy, drunk drunk, raining down God, just raining down the missiles of rain. And well, you said, four plays, three turnovers in four plays.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they put a stat on the screen that was like Alabama's starting drive starts on their own twenty five Michigan starting drives opponents twenty first yard line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just crazy, And it shows how bad Michigan's offense is the entire year, because we got the ball in the red zone on three separate occasions based on turnovers, and we came away with nine points.
Speaker 2: So game could have got away in a hurry.
Speaker 4: Alabama, a lot of guys sat out Michigan, a lot of guys sat out, a lot of transfers from Alabama, a lot of transfers from Michigan. So we said, we thought the Jaln Millroe was gonna be the deciding factor in this game.
Speaker 2: And he was.
Speaker 4: He was a deciding factor in this game. He just didn't play well. It was tough for him. My heart goes out to him because you wanted to have a great, long career. He hurt himself more than helped the l himself in a situation.
Speaker 2: Now the positive, the positive is bold as bad of a season as Michigan had. You guys ended on the best note of any team in college football. People.
Speaker 4: I will made the best three win team in collegeable history a couple of years ago, and there there was an argument to that. So not an argument, okay, right, And so now here I go because I've thought about it a little bit too, and I've actually dug.
Speaker 2: A little deep on I was gonna tea five lost teams.
Speaker 4: Michigan is the only team since nineteen ninety one to be unranked and defeat two top fifteen teams consecutive weeks, them and the University of Arizona. So there's a little smidget right there. I'll dive a little deeper in. But you look at our points per game, our points, it's just bad all around. But just find a way to win. Find a way to win those last two three weeks. And dude, I don't want to be that guy, but they started clicking when I spoke to the team. I don't know what I said. They're three and oh, they're three and oh they've covered the spread every single time since I've spoke to that team. What you say to him, Doug, So obviously public speaking is not an issue.
Speaker 2: Of memories after this one, boys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I literally got up there and I basically told them, thank you, thank you for putting back the culture of Michigan that people look at the team teams I played for. We were terrible, so I never got to see what like the culture of Michigan, the amazing blue, like the Michigan men mentality. You guys are that regardless of what your record reflects. And just told them to be present, be present, And those boys been fucking present, been present. So shout out Michigan. Dude, r I p the SEC.
Speaker 2: Your tough loss for Bama, tough loss for South Carolina. It was it was uh not the original showing that the SEC usually does in bowl games. They don't matter now.
Speaker 4: That it's not about not mattering. What mattered. What's happening now is there's an equalizer between all the other conferences and the SEC. SEC used to pay their players. Now everybody else can also pay their players. Everyone's getting figured out.
Speaker 2: You watch the way them Huskers celebrated the Pinstripe Bowl, and you tell me that that game doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it matters by.
Speaker 3: One of the prancing around listen't think it.
Speaker 2: Mattered to Illinois beating the South Carolina game cock scene, no matter how many guys sat out, you're gonna you're gonna, actually, in your brain think that that uniform didn't show up excited to play. You saw Shane Beamer ready to fucking throw bows, which I absolutely love, love, I love Beilma doing the little taunt thing. I love Shane Beemer just getting chaos like I loved that Bowl game. I love watching that Bowl game those river South Carolina.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no question. But Beemer better be careful because a couple of years from now. Hold he might belam. Hold they look a little too similar. Can put a little that weight on that coaching. Waight now he's fit, Now he can lose it. How do you look at Shane Beemer's body? You think he could turn into Brett Beilama. I saw have him Mike rabels As twenty eighteen. He came in a little static Brett Beelm's huey goueie body after you. I'm just saying, word of caution, Coach Beemer, keep it tight, brother, because those calories get away from you fast when coaching gets stressful.
Speaker 2: You see Bei Lama, he will see what he's dealing with.
Speaker 5: He will never have to walk back across the field at the pay step. Brett Beelman was walking back. My boy was out of breath just from hitting this one on him, and it took a slow walk back. Ref could have give him a delay a game.
Speaker 4: And it's just a word of caution. It's just a word of caution. That being said, though, all these are the schools being able to pay. Now you see a changing at the tide. You see it kind of happening. Go ahead, sir, question ahead.
Speaker 7: And this one's the JP. Why was Ole miss clowning Shane Biemer? I didn't understand.
Speaker 2: That that was Juice Wells, wasn't it. So Juice Wells came from South Carolina, but I thought he had a solid relationship. Yeah, Juice is the show went.
Speaker 5: I don't know what's going on with him, bro, I.
Speaker 2: Mean he went villa mode that one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like Shane Biemer said something midyear after we beat somebody and was like, you know, we had some guys they said that they didn't believe we had a quarterback and they didn't want to play with them, and so we're seeing how that's going right now. So that was like the dig and then Juice Wells catches like his sixth pass of the year in the bowl game. We would have made Juice well as a top two round pick. Now he might go undrafted, which is tough for him.
Speaker 4: It sounds like somebody's getting a sleeper in the draft.
Speaker 8: Then they could be.
Speaker 5: It depends. He dropped a lot of balls this year and I want him to do well. Like a lot of South Carolina fans hate him to the death, but I mean I want him to do well, dude.
Speaker 4: We will get to the draft in a little bit. Obviously, our beloved Tennessee Titans have the first overall pick, and we live in Nashville, Tennessee. We'll give him a reclass for that.
Speaker 2: Shout out the Patriots, Shout out the Patriots taking care of business against the Bills yesterday.
Speaker 4: But dude, these last playoffs were nuts. I mean, quickly, man, let's get a moment of silence for the Oregon Ducks.
Speaker 2: I love you Dan, Love you Dan. That was crazy.
Speaker 4: That's Michigan's fault. I mean, they woke up a fucking giant. Yeah, that is wild. They are incredible, reredible that bankroll did show up.
Speaker 2: Now that freshman bro, bro. But listen, how an alien.
Speaker 4: How many times have you seen guys that are freshman phenoms lose draft status because they get into this Like when we watch a Lebron James or Patrick Mahomes or Tom Brady and we see them play so well for so long, we get like this, we kind of get callous to the idea of how great these guys are. And I feel like that window is so much shorter in college, Like this kid's having an insane freshman season. This is might be a hot take if you're so good at a freshman. We were like, this kid is the top wide receiver in this draft class. He's a top ten pick right now, why not sit out the next two years and just say fuck it?
Speaker 5: Two years is a long time.
Speaker 4: So Chase was it, Jamar Chase did it for one year. But Johnny Manziel good good example. He goes in, he wins the Heisman as a freshman. Those last couple of years haven't hurt them a little bit. And if the thirty first pick in the draft, maybe he's not.
Speaker 5: I think the way Jeremiah Smith is built is like he's built to last. And that dude, I mean he is. He does not look like an eighteen year old that at all.
Speaker 4: He's a man.
Speaker 5: And the balls he's catching is like it's not gonna be like a lack of Yeah, like it's not gonna be a lack of.
Speaker 4: Right, he's fighting that ball, he's a heats that he missile for that ball.
Speaker 2: He's incredible. You're saying sit out the next two years just to protect himself.
Speaker 4: So he goes no, It's more it's more of like a haha take, but like, yeah, he he could probably he could probably sit out the next two years, he'll still be a first round draft pick.
Speaker 2: It's basically what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like I you, I mean, you play next year, you think about that the following year if you if you do the same thing as you did, and you look at the team, maybe coming back and like saying it, but I mean he is NFL ready wide receiver one right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah on an NFL team. Incredible And they just beat the brakes off the ducks.
Speaker 4: Man, like before it even starts.
Speaker 2: I felt for him. Thirty thirty four to nothing.
Speaker 4: The game was over at the coin flip, they just said they at that look in their eye.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm telling you, all those teams that got to play the week before I think helped them out. Now, obviously Ohio State had to uh I think. I was talking with Tate, He's like, I mean Ohio State had to sit out like however many weeks before. But I'm sud there thinking, I'm like that that is true. You guys had to sit out that long. But losing to Michigan, and as loud and as crazy as that moment was for them, like they were just they were so pissed off, they were so dialed in and focused. I'm not saying Oregon wasn't, but they're just salivating. They're salivating to right that wrong because they've had to wait for weeks and they're preparing like and again, I say that, and you almost have to assume that Oregan wasn't. I'm not saying that. I'm just I feel like the type of motivation that Ohio State had and to get whatever rust they might have had against an Indiana football or not Indiana Tennessee beating Tennessee like you kind of right, right, you get Tennessee fans, you get a game in against Tennessee before you go and play Oregon. The closest one is Arizona State, Texas.
Speaker 4: Arizona State should be playing this week.
Speaker 2: Now, you don't know, I that should have been a targeting penalty. They should have gotten into the opponent territory. Who knows if they would have moved the ball anymore, and that kicker probably would have missed the fel.
Speaker 4: Probably would have missed Feld. You're right, Yeah, there's a lot of what ifs.
Speaker 2: There there are there are what is but that should have, definitely, without any doubt, should have been a targeting penalty.
Speaker 4: Without Yeah, in the world we live in now, that is one thousand percent like a textbook targeting penalty. Hell with a helmet and he's you know, can't protect it, and it's a textbook no call.
Speaker 2: With a team like Texas.
Speaker 3: Counter Stallion's kind of take on it, like there should be a tiered system of targeting, Like basically, yeah, I like that, like a five to five yard I didn't mean to We did make contact in the head, like.
Speaker 2: Kind of like running into the kicker versus roughing the kicker, right, yeah, no, I did. I like that.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 4: It makes me a little nervous when you start to add these gray areas in these in these rules, because there is already so much of a human element to them to make a judgment call right there, right then and there.
Speaker 3: But by doing that, does that remove a ref's judgment, Like you at least have three chances.
Speaker 2: And so you know it's you know, it's targeting.
Speaker 4: But then you get into the world of like, okay, is it tier one or tier two or is it tier two or tier three? And now you go back and forth and those extra five yards or whatever it is the you know, kick him out of the game. That's such a big deal at that point. So what are we talking about this because that's what tier is that the highest heier is.
Speaker 3: He would give it a like make it a five yard penalty. Guy stays in the game.
Speaker 2: And the kid doesn't get kicked out. That's the thing. If it's targeting, the kid also gets kicked out. Like the penalties are so expering. It's like NBA, you got flagrant one, flagrant two and the uh the example of Arizona State the week before that number seven who put that liquor that could have just been a five year old penalty to where you don't give him fifte yards and kick him out of the game or kick him out of the first first half of the next because that was that was under the chain safety first. Did you see that his number seven if you're watching it was number seven who got the safety on Texas. That was his first play back in the game.
Speaker 4: No shit, Yeah, Shamari Simmons and he was the only one that could lock down Golden is that name?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah? I mean, dude, that so fun.
Speaker 4: That game was awesome to watch, and Will brought a good point in Chicago when we were talking about is Texas didn't move the ball at all other than the couple explosive plays ahead one on special teams, yeah, and then that run. Other than that, ASU's defense handled business the entire game. And ASU's offense, although they weren't coming with points on the board because if they had an adequate kicker, they actually run away with that game in a sense because they're in the red zone in the territory to kick so many times. They are moving the ball twenty five to twenty five on a consistent basis. The top in that game was wild.
Speaker 7: Can I get on soapbox for the Big twelve for like ten seconds? Yeah, I just want to say everybody saying, oh, Arizona States defense is only good because they blitz every play.
Speaker 2: They blitz every play.
Speaker 7: They're not that physical, don't have grit like you know Big ten or sec A. SU came to play and I was State came to play against Miami too. I mean, the Big twelve has good, gritty, strong defenses. It's not just the high flying offenses of old of the Big Twelve. It's a lot of programs that really have good running.
Speaker 2: Games, like a SU, like a Texas Tech.
Speaker 7: They had trouble later in the season, but I just wanted to get that out there. Baylor played great against l C. I was happy with that performance.
Speaker 2: They lost, but came back a little bit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what's your what do you.
Speaker 3: Say, like ASU, what was the point of the they're gritty? Where did Texas come from? Where did Texas come from? Twelve even matchup?
Speaker 7: Yeah, but Texas played in the SEC championship this year.
Speaker 2: I think what you're getting big.
Speaker 4: Needs to be looked at a little more higher regard. Okay, that's we we'll take that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, agree with the A and eleven in bowl games? Yeah? Not good brutal?
Speaker 4: I mean yeah, if you were, let's actually quickly go through and just tier the conferences real quick. I think it will be pretty consistent on board. Top three tiers would be big, ten than.
Speaker 2: The SEC then twelve. Yeah right, I don't think I mean that is that?
Speaker 4: Do we even anybody arguing that at all?
Speaker 2: No? I don't think arguing on that.
Speaker 5: To Yeah, the ACC's record something. I do think that could happen for the bowl games to incentivize it more. Since everybody is getting paid, it should be if you win this game, that bowl pays your team, So like every kid gets.
Speaker 4: Five races like a playoff bonus.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly. Yeah, I think that could make it electric even in these other Bowl games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but listen, if you got a kid that's gonna go to the NFL, you need a little more of incent up.
Speaker 2: Than five thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: I mean, not getting stars get fifty.
Speaker 2: Yeah it get some money. You have to put fifty across the board for everybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which would be a lot for one hundred and five guys on a football team.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, interesting, that's a good thou like.
Speaker 4: Uh, like, what does basketball do they have like the March Madness actual bracket to win it all and they have another bracket.
Speaker 2: To have that?
Speaker 5: I that would.
Speaker 2: I think it would.
Speaker 4: Because if then you would have a Nebraska movie forward, a Michigan movie forward, if there'd be Will and Ies dialogue, you'd have these other other teams being able to do a bunch of that would be fun.
Speaker 5: I don't think Will confident Lawan's dialogue carry.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, forgive it time, bro, give you time because I love you. Threw that in there, like we're gonna move the needle. Yeah yeah, come on now, I'm telling you, let's do a quick prediction.
Speaker 4: We'll go to the NFL. Yeah, or do you want to wait for locker room?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Definitely pretty Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: I guess Penn Stale look good.
Speaker 4: I mean, Notre Dame look good.
Speaker 2: I think Texas will put up a better fight. I think Texas will put up a better fight than people are anticipating. With Ohio State, they have to know they have like the best pass defense like in the country, and their defense that been don't break mentality. Offense has got to figure it out and move the ball a little bit more because Ohio State can get up on them. But I think that they're going to compete a lot more than people are anticipating because Ohia steaks now had two blowouts, so there's no reason to think Ohio State's not just gonna walk through this game.
Speaker 5: Quinn ewers too, like, I mean, I know, yeah, people want to say what they want to say about him, but that was ice cold at the end of air.
Speaker 2: Did you see that the dude the ball kind of hit the ground on that touchdown pass? Yeah? I was seeing that. Yeah, that the play. Yeah, the fourth thirteen that Texas caught, he catched it in the back half of the ball like in one of the frames that goes down and touches the ground as he gathers it back in his body. I was gonna say, and they don't even they didn't even look at it right now against the s U that field goal bounce for Texas.
Speaker 5: I think you saw the field goal bounced in after it got tipped.
Speaker 2: Are two points right?
Speaker 5: So I mean obviously they counted as nothing, but and they're trying to figure out what does the rule mean. I don't know what do y'all think it should mean. I personally think if it bounces in, that'll be awesome if it counted. But if it bounces in like it hit the ground, it gets tipped like in the game, Texas tipped it, it bounced and it went in through the goalposts.
Speaker 4: Isn't that what is trying to argue right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they appealed it. They appealed it. And look, I know, shout out Dealey for taking full accountability and kind of breaking this play down, But bro, I just what do you do? Cover zero?
Speaker 4: Like you can't let anybody get in front of you. You play the sticks, You play the sticks. You don't let anything behind you.
Speaker 2: And hey, yeah, if you think you see a you saw it hit the ground sherif's in there.
Speaker 4: That is crazy because I would love to see Asu playing right now. I love to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 5: You got dudes like Brandon Walker out there talking about Cam Scattabow. Isn't that good?
Speaker 2: It's just Crazyqueen that.
Speaker 4: Mid game bro ninety nine yards receiving, we got forty six yard pass, one hundred and forty yards rushing.
Speaker 2: The kid came to play man.
Speaker 4: And the thing that's sick is I want to pull up if we can find this a comparing contrast of Quinn. You were stats in that game and Sam Levitt's because Sam Levitt was talking crazy pregame. I'm the best quarterback. I'm gonna show wanting the best quarterback, and Scatibo is essentially like I should have been. I'm the best running back in all of college football and they're gonna find out and he you walk away. You look at Scatabo's stats and you're like, goddamn, I mean he might be.
Speaker 2: And they just I mean, that line just could not protect.
Speaker 4: Could not protect. It was tough to watch, but uh, I mean yeah, yeah, I mean Quinn played better having that, having that, but are inflated because of overtime. It's crazy, who's it who talking about g.
Speaker 5: Yours because that nobody in Texas wants him to be the quarterback. And you know he knows.
Speaker 2: That, which is wild, I know.
Speaker 5: And then to make that throw. I know in his head he's probably thinking, screw all of y'all, and wat's what I do against Ohio State is probably what's going through his head.
Speaker 2: Hopefully. I just on that last play defensively, just talking about that to me, if you want to go zero, yeah you need to go you need to go true zero, or in my opinion, you play coverage, but you can't do the whole simulation Cover zero play into a cover four, Like you either got to go all out, have one extra guy getting into the quarterback so he as to throw it right now, or you have to stay back and play coverage because right here you go to that back view of that last play, I mean, yeah, you got seven up stop, they send six and they have six guys to block, you know what I mean, Like, you're not running true cover zero right there. You've got to bring one extra guy because he honestly could even hit the deep out route on this fourth and thirteen two because the dude, beat his leverage to the outside. Look at this uh Nickel down here, boo, keep going even he gets open.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I've never been a huge fan of send the house in a critical game situation.
Speaker 2: Not fourth and thirteen. You're thinking like fourth, like in six seven, keep.
Speaker 4: Everything in front of you getting tackled.
Speaker 2: The way your guys cann have blitz feet. Yeah, like he can't really have blitz feet when they got enough to pick up everybody because you're bailing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you're you gotta bail and play catch up versus all these guys running their routes. You feel bad for that safety. I love the fact that Dillingham came and you know, owned it not once but twice, But I don't I'm personally not a fan.
Speaker 2: Of that play because I think Dilly said the safety has to pick up anything intermediate. So he ends up trying to dive down and chase that out route versus staying deep in a true cover four because that out that out that corner post that he gets, he gets hit on the safety in the middle of the field, basically vacates the middle of the field to go try to dive on that deep out right and you're right too.
Speaker 4: If you're gonna you have to bring more than six, like you've got to get home in the situations, have him throw off his back foot.
Speaker 2: Obviously quarterback is easy to play. But that's just go to the play coverage.
Speaker 4: Beginning right before the snappits I hate this little line.
Speaker 2: What's his line down right now?
Speaker 4: There's showing I mean, yeah, yeah, you have ammo yeah, and then that guy in the far left he drops out. But the problem is like that three technique.
Speaker 2: First, Oh, Arizona State senting six right here, Texas has got seven and they're in max pro. Oh yeahs H two H three.
Speaker 4: I I don't like if I if you're going to send a max protection, you need to like overemphasize one gap. So I originally thought this was an avalanche, but it's avalanche is three up the middle, and you either get there with emotion and then the guy come the guy who goes in most of him and then comes in, or you just have a guy kind of sitting four yards behind and bring him up. When you have that many up the middle and you have three of the middle, you now you essentially unless your gap scheme blocking, you're not You're not able to pick that up because the backs can get there. That's when feet get in the way. Some people trip over, and that's when you get into the quarterbacks lap. But if you're doing this type of Ammo blitz, which is just two a gaps up the middle and dropping a guy into his zone, the left tackle is one of the most important people in this thing. And this is this kid's a first round pick. As soon as he sees his guy drop, which that end does a bad job of like showing that he's gonna come and then drops, he needs to now start screaming to his left guard to bump everything back, because you have to assume there's more numbers the opposite way than you if there's a blitz going away from you.
Speaker 7: So if this guy right here, yeah, you're saying, send him through this gap that is going to be produced by the left tackle.
Speaker 4: No, I mean the blitz. They're in a seven up. Look, if they brought all of them that you're in like a true zero this one, I would have maybe had like a.
Speaker 2: Personal outside guys.
Speaker 4: I would have yeah, yeah, I would have. I would have personally liked to see another guy up the middle. You're only gonna bring six.
Speaker 7: This right here, and this, you would send those two.
Speaker 4: On and then have like what would just like a bracket type of defense in the back end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you're playing cover zero. Yeah, you're playing a true cover zero.
Speaker 4: You're just you're basically like, hey, guys, hold up in front of you as much as pustle, keep everything in front of you, and pray to God that rush gets home. And if you bring it, it's getting home. He's got to throw it as fast as possible. Sometimes before these guys can get other break, he might have to try to hit this checkdown and then it's a gang tackle vice tackle situation. But I mean ifans or butts, dude.
Speaker 2: Great game, phenomenal game game.
Speaker 4: And we're going back and forth on those bets, being like do we do we cash out? Like my bet was sitting at like sixteen, but I couldn't do It would have been sick to my stomach if if I would as one. And then you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You got to write that out, have to write Yeah, you have to ride that out. We'll talk about we'll talk about Penn State Notre Dame here in a second two. But listen, it's football season, we can't get wait to get out some playoff games with the help of game Time, the official ticketing partner of Barstool Sports. You guys know how much we love game time, and now with their brand new Game Time Picks feature, they're making it even easier to get to a game. Game Time Picks filters at the fluff to show you only incredible deals on great seats, so you don't have to waste time searching through thousands of tickets. Go ahead and check out those Notre Dame Penn State tickets you see Go and check out the amazing deal on game time. Hang on, Somebody's Somebody's calling me. Just pull up your chosen event, turn on the Game Time Picks the GT pick setting at the top of the screen, or browse the local game Time Picks deals near you on your game Time at home page. What are you waiting for? Go buy those Notre Dame Penn State tickets now with game Time Picks. Download the app today and use code busting to easily score great deals with the new game Time Picks. What time is it? Dame Time Penn State looks Salty Penn State looks Salty Penn State, Notre Dame is gonna be a good game. I think so too. You don't think so? You think so? You think Georgia was that bad JP?
Speaker 5: Uh, Yeah, I do, and I Notre Dame. I mean Riley Leonard, Like, I feel like he's got to be one of the easier quarterbacks to game plan four. He had ninety pass yards eighty rush yards. That's not great, and I don't think you can win a championship with a quarterback that's kind of consistently.
Speaker 2: They run the ball well. But Penn State, to your point, is a very good defensive run.
Speaker 5: Tea right, and then I think they run it better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like with Singleton and who's the other Allen.
Speaker 5: Right, Drew Allery. Yeah so I think. I mean, Notre Dame has surprised people, but I think Penn State I would not be surprised if they wipe them.
Speaker 2: I mean they surprised people too because of this coaching ability from the staff with Freeman down, like some of these play calls that go when they went for it on fourth down when they had the punt him out there and then they sprint it off the field on the offense.
Speaker 5: That love Freeman, Like, I want to see him do well, but.
Speaker 4: Did he win Coach of the Year? I thought they said he won.
Speaker 2: I don't think he won Coach of the year.
Speaker 4: That during the game they were talking about Coach of the Year. I don't know if he won it or he was just like part of the favorite.
Speaker 2: To win it.
Speaker 5: The most handsome man of the year.
Speaker 2: He a handsome boy.
Speaker 4: He's a handsome boy, for sure.
Speaker 1: Apparently you're not allowed to sub all eleven at once like that you should, like you need to be able to have because Kirby Smart was really pissed about it and said something about it an oppressor, about how that's not allowed and you need to like that's I think that's when you're supposed to get the cross about being able to give the defense to sub.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well yeah, usually they do that in regular offensive players anyway, right when they change personnel. The guy stands there and they have to like let him sub out and you are jogging off the field slow.
Speaker 1: I don't know what happened with this one, but I just I just remember seeing that Kirby was super piss worked.
Speaker 4: I like I like the idea of like it's obviously, uh it hurts the defense, but like when subs are happening Like that is where true coaching comes and play, like having your guys ready and a wear at all times, like, hey, they're an eleven right now, but if they go twelve, we have to go to the base.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna throw these guys out.
Speaker 4: Be on your just be ready, ultimate communication, ultimate team game type of mentality that shit fires me up the game within the game type stuff. But to go back to Penn State, Oh, who's you know? I think the most competitive national championship is Penn State Ohiose State.
Speaker 2: Yeah, based on how it's played out right now.
Speaker 4: Basic and their and their last time they played. Yeah, and you say, like it's hard to beat a team two times a row. It was proved with Oregon. And if Penn State on that birth and one or whatever it is, they get that they beat Ohiose State.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah exactly.
Speaker 4: I mean tip of the cap to Ohio State. Man, they have taken all that noise and said fuck you. That is impressive, very impressive. And with the give me Texas.
Speaker 2: What was disappointing to at the Notre Dame Georgia game, like Georgia defensively, like they tackled so poorly on the edge.
Speaker 4: Man, which is insane because you watch them against Texas in the in the first game against Texas or the SEC championed like the tackling is there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's like plays are there to be made, and they were just not tackling well on the perimeter.
Speaker 4: Maybe they saw like Stockton wasn't the guy and they just kind of knew, like we don't have.
Speaker 2: The team to kind of get done and running the ball well in the perimeter or while House they did a hell of a job doing it against Oregon, they could not stop that handback play, no, which is crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you were kind of explaining a little bit how it's difficult for linebackers because to me, when we do handbacks, like this is the same play in no way this is affecting the defense. But you were explain to why that's more difficult for.
Speaker 2: On the handback. As a backer, you're stepping with the motion of the of the running back. When the line and the running backs going the same way, you're getting sucked in to kind of like say, say the handback is starting to go left, you're like sucking in going to the left at first, and when they bended back around where Ohio State was really successful doing that. A lot of teams you do it with like a tight end or a full back, so you'll start one way in the lead I and then bend it back the other way, so the full back or the tight end, that motion or wrap will take you to your run fit. It's a lot harder to see when you're doing it off of a jet sweep. Ohio State was doing a great job of it with the receiver getting to the edge and so the backs like stepping toward the receiver receivers coming background or on a jet suite coming back to the edge on the other side. So it was making it really difficult. And with the momentum going that way, that like left side of the line of scrimmage was doing a great job, but just kind of walling it off, like there was no disruption by the Orgon ducks. So I thought they were torching them on that bend back play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it seemed like they just really didn't. I mean, it's unfortunate because you love Dani, you love the pregame speeches, all that just didn't feel like Oregon really came to play, were they, Which I don't know how you don't after you watch the Tennessee film. You put that film on, you're like, boys, this is a different team right now in the October and with.
Speaker 2: The rap too, when you're playing gapped out, you're you're in your head like when the back step in and everything's kind of decided. You're trying to aggressively press your gap versus on a handback, the only guy who can make the play whoever is responsible for the edge. So when you get that wrap happen late and the guys on the edge you got basically a one on one time because you're trying to press the A gap or the B gap hard versus like you almost you need the second level to feel it and get to the outside.
Speaker 4: So if you're game planning that handback that it's same look that Ohio State was doing multiple times.
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 4: Do you bring a safety down?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean, or do you tell your linebackers to be a little bit loose and flow at the play?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah. It's such a game plan thing that you're gonna have to rep in practice to where if you're trying to cheat it with two shell and having a safety come down late or just backer kind of keeping their death Like hey, don't let this. Don't let the run game decide within the first step of the running back.
Speaker 4: I can't imagine if you're a defense and you're watching Ohio States through the air, offense being like, we're going to bring a safety down in the box now to stop the run game, Like you're you're I mean they are operating right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely operating. And it was a fun year for Boise State. But they didn't get whooped. Yeah what they hold gentry to.
Speaker 1: They didn't get whooped. If you look at the stats that Boise State outstat at Penn State, they had more total yards, did better, had more first downs like Pence the boys stay had two turnovers, and that's what allowed Penn State to square.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's the game, right.
Speaker 1: No, I'm saying Pence or Boise State did a hell of a lot better than the Like then what the score looks like and what like all the pundits and stuff, So.
Speaker 4: You're saying, turn the film, don't don't get the score, turn the film.
Speaker 1: Boise State, Like, yeah, they Jenz had like one hundred and six yards on like thirty carries. So I mean, he's the best running back in the country. He's bound to get his But like Maddox Madison played really good, Like Boisse State held their own a little bit against k Yeah yeah, one or two fumbles, but again like that is the game.
Speaker 2: But because Pince they got out on him quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they were up like fourteen nothing. But then Bois State kind of like they were going back and forth for a driver too. And thenviously the turnovers came and.
Speaker 2: Just right because boys is a team that's built to give Gentry the ball thirty times, but he's going to try and get one forty one sixty right, Like Penn State's defense at the hell of a job shut him down. And what you can see, too, is all the glimpses of gent like he's going to be a monster in the league because even like he's getting hit and tackled, like all eleven hats are getting to the football, but it's taking all eleven to bring this fucking man down. Bro. Yeah, Bro, he's an incredible running back, dude, incredible.
Speaker 4: Who who's you really have? GENTI your skataboo.
Speaker 2: Genty that's the answer. That's the answer. That's the answer. I mean scataboo. Everybody knows. I love scattered but for the culture.
Speaker 4: I am so interesting to see what that kid runs at the combine he's got I mean, if he.
Speaker 2: I think so to you talking about SAT maybe four seven, I was telling you that he's talked at like twenty two miles an hour. I know.
Speaker 4: But he's a guy that strikes me as like a game speed type guy, Like he's got incredible game speed where it's like, oh he moves this as was everybody else. But I feel like he's not a guy that's going to It might be how pale he is, it might be how short his legs are, but something about him getting in a three point stance and running a forty I feel like he's at a disadvantage. He is a locomotive. Ten yard split two might.
Speaker 2: Be a little toughgas range is going to be like four or five, eight to four to sixty six.
Speaker 4: Okay, I feel like that's doable. That's a workable.
Speaker 2: I think he'll put up like a Rex berkhead four to six of the combin.
Speaker 4: Gotta love that. Yeah, you know what he needs he needs some organme, dude, some orgain. As an ex athlete, I care about what I put in my body, especially when it comes to protein. This podcast, responsible by Orgain or Game, believes real nutrition has the power to make a real difference in people's lives. Orgain's new thirty Grand Protein Shakes offer protein packed real nutrition design to satisfy your cravings without any added sugar. Plus can use you back in my eyes are so bad?
Speaker 2: Absolutely thanks. Plus.
Speaker 4: They are an excellent source of premium ultra filter protein with all nine essential me no acids. Looking to feel your personal feel your personal best, need, muscle support and recovery, or just looking to maintain a healthy lifestyle, Orgains thirty Grand Protein Shake checks all of those boxes. Dude, finish your workout, You finished your workout, those first thirty minutes, crucial to growing, muscle, recovery, all of those things. Why not have an organ organ shake fast, easy and delicious. Remember there are no quick fixes when it comes to your health. If you want more protein, give organ thirty Grand Protein Shakes a try. Head to organ dot com, forward slash bustin and use promo code busting. That's b ussi n for thirty percent off your order as the best offer you'll find. But if you use code, if you use my code busting for thirty percent off one last time for thirty percent off. Head to organ dot com forward slash busting and use promo code bustin if you guys didn't know that promo code is.
Speaker 2: Busting busting, It's busting NFL. Yeah, if you want any of the college will prove you again. That episode for for previewing the playoffs for college football this week on Thursday night and Friday, will be on The Locker Room. That drops tonight at six pm six On Tuesday, six p six Central time, NFL bro playoffs are set. We want to start NFC AFC.
Speaker 4: Let's start AFC. We're a couple of AFC boys ourselves, or at least the most recent couple AFC cats. Fun slate, fun slate of games right here.
Speaker 2: But I believe.
Speaker 4: I have the answers to all these games. I believe I already have the answers in my hand. I've watched the film. Brother, I'm telling you, I am seeing the field.
Speaker 2: Big Cat was saying on the Pro Football Show, what was that Chiefs gotta buy a week. They're gonna take the lesser team that comes into the Chiefs are gonna win that game. They're gonna get to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: The're gonna No, I'm just talking about these first three games. I'm just talking about the first three games we'll get to the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Smart mona by the Chiefs to just throw that game against the Broncos to keep Joe Burrow.
Speaker 4: No doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 2: I mean, because the Broncos mock them. But you look at this, how you think Broncos are going to do going to Buffalo?
Speaker 4: Do you want me to actually talk about it away from the locker room, because I'll tell you exactly if we.
Speaker 2: Can talk about some of these games or how it chicken up, I guess, okay, clearly.
Speaker 4: If I'm looking at the Broncos in the Buffalo Bills, and I'll say probably the same thing in the locker room is Bill. The Broncos have not been a great team. They win needed to win one of their last three games to make it to the playoffs, and their win came from a Chiefs team that sat all of their guys. They're not I think when we get to the playoffs, this is as far as they get. When it comes to the Steelers in the Ravens, it truly depends on the offensive game plan because we've seen the Ravens time and time again. They have an MVP quarterback yet again who's probably gonna win the MVP go in and they kind of change up what they've done in the past to prove something. I don't know what it is. If they stick to a run game and they're consistent. They beat the Steelers, and I think the Chargers clearly clearly.
Speaker 2: Beat the Houston Texans. That's how I feel.
Speaker 4: If I'm just looking at all those.
Speaker 2: Games feel real good to me.
Speaker 4: As I'm saying it on a Monday afternoon, I'll dive into the numbers a little bit for the locker room, but just from a gut feeling standpoint. Usually when I look at numbers is when my bets go wrong. I start to second guests everything. Yeah, but I look at that and that's how I feel.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And he saw it again this past weekend on Derrick Henry's birthday. He give them ball twenty one times mopping roll.
Speaker 2: He's a beast. He's a beast. He's a beast.
Speaker 4: Most rushing yards by a running back over the age of thirty in a single season, keep.
Speaker 2: Still tapping into that ability and potential at the age he's at is just it is incredible. The only is he the only I think I saw stat the only running back to have nineteen hundred plus yards two years in the NFL. I don't know that'd be.
Speaker 4: That's good said though, because he had like eighteen hundred, then he had the two thousand, and then he had nineteen hundred again.
Speaker 2: This year, Derrick Henry. Maybe I'm talking out of my my ass here, but I saw something is Derek ny is the only running back or the first running back to have two nineteen hundred plus yard seasons correct and again at this age, bro, I think it's it's it's it's awesome. But in the AFC, since we have three AFC West teams, let's talk about the AFC West a little bit. I felk the Broncos, like you could not have had a better year after what has happened over the last come decade with them. You got Nathaniel Hackett, Russell Wilson. Just that gets blown up. Sean Payton comes in. They have they have a tough year last year with Russell Wilson, they go after bow Nick. Sean Payton talks about how this is his guy. Kind of a rocky start at the beginning of the year. But the way that they've they're back after the year, the way that the Broncos have have attacked this season, I feel like they are in a prime. They should feel so happy with the year that they've had. Yeah, whether or not they win this game, it's gonna be tough to win out in Buffalo. They could do it, but you know, obviously every team could do it. But I feel like Denver should be riding high with the year that they they've had. The Chargers, it's like hardball comes in establishes his culture pretty quickly. They're built on defensive run game. You got a lot of guys who are like no names out there on the not no names, but you're not talking about him like the superstars of the league, like.
Speaker 4: The names Joey Bosa, I mean, Khalil Mack.
Speaker 2: Yeah and yeah, but Khalil Mack he's like older.
Speaker 4: It's not like, yeah, he's older, but he's still He's still a name that even the most casual family will recognize.
Speaker 2: And then who's my boy linebacker piss missile Denzel Perryman. Oh yeah, Zel Perryman watching him fly around. Uh, but they've had an awesome year is do we know if Antonio peers, if he's getting fired or not. I know we're doing this podcast right now on Black Monday. The last thing I saw, He's like, as far as I know, nobody said something to me. Nobody has said anything to me.
Speaker 4: There's an interesting I mean Schefter. So Schefter had a nice little thing on NFL Live yesterday kind of going through all the coaches that are on the hot seat, and when his name came up, it was either Safer out and they said safe. He said, these things can change it in any moment, But it feels like they're gonna hold on off on it for the time being.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, No, it's Al Davis, right. They talk about him being a very impatient owner. Yeah, Mark Davis fault, My fault, Mark Davis. They talk about him being very impatient as an owner when you hear all the rumblings of the fans from Raider Nation. But yeah, maybe they hang on to him for another year. Yeah, I don't. Maybe they hang on to him for that for another year. I know a couple of Raiders fans were talking like it could be verable because you have the Tom Brady connection.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I think wherever Vrabel goes is going to be huge for that franchise.
Speaker 2: It just depends who.
Speaker 4: We saw that he interviewed for the head coaching job a couple of days ago.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's the job the job you want right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know Rogers people are saying, people that are close to him, they were saying, that's his last game in the NFL. Then he does a prescontence, but they must not be that close, and so it just feels the Jets, as always just feel a little uncomfortable if you're dipping your tae back in as a head coach.
Speaker 2: I want to see what happens with the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Have they come out and said McCarthy's good or not, because that seems like if you want a fresh start on a globally known brand and know that you have enough time to establish your culture, the Cowboys are that team. That's what makes the Cowboys such a great feeling as a head coach is because you know, it's not like the Panthers. It's not like Mark Davis where you get impatient. Jerry Jones is known that family is known to sit by their head coach long after the rest of the world has thought they should go, right because McCarthy. We were sitting there last year going, we think McCarthy should be gone. At least I was saying that I thought I thought it was time for him to go.
Speaker 7: Jerry Jones is too busy acting in episodes of The Landman.
Speaker 2: Right now, you run in a football team. Can we get updates on Mike McCarthy. Can you type in Mike McCarthy other than Jerry Jones Landman, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: Show I've never heard of, and is still photo of him laying by a hospital bed.
Speaker 2: That's what he's doing. Can you give you type in Mike McCarthy. I just see him start typing in Jerry Jones land Man. I'm like, all right, this is no update on Mike McCarthy. They're firing them.
Speaker 4: Well, we got any news?
Speaker 2: Feels cowboy speculation. What's the ladies about him? Yeah? This stuff probably won't come out for another Should we call schefter? You have his number? Yeah? Give he's a Michigan guy. Give the show to say, from one Michigan man to another, I need some intel. Mike Carthy stander going, Mike McCarthy stander going forty four? Of course, Yeah, you know, big cats out there hope and praying for Ben Johnson. Rabes you got uh, I don't know if they're actual, Like it's legit rumors with people speculated with John Gruden, I think, to me, if you're the Bears, Rabel's gonna be an awesome head coach. But to me, if you're the Bears, you want to get somebody who is very much offensive minded or can speak to the quarterback. Because they got Caleb. They got Caleb Williams, Like you need a fully invest and buy into that asset, which is Caleb Williams to see if he has it or doesn't have it. He's obviously got a lot of talent ability. Then you got the Jets. Jets will always be interesting. I feel like Vrave, he's kind of the first big name on the wave of getting interviews. But I feel like that's just like Vrave's doing that. You get your name out there, it's started. He's starting to get interviews all over the place. It makes the most sense, it seems like with New England. I mean, New England got that win yesterday and immediately after the game they did a press release. Robert Kraft there, this is the hardest thing I had to do in my career. I've known this gets in two thousand and seven. Yeah, I mean he was the player. He was a player there and everything, right, But now that he's gone, it's like that one makes too much sense that Ray would just go back to New England. So maybe he goes to Maybe he goes to New England. What's another one still in the AFC? That AFC uh? What is that AFC wes AFC East AFC East Miami Dolphins. You saw Tyreek Hill? Yeah, that's I.
Speaker 4: Mean, that's crazy. Here's here's the problem. I like Tyreek a lot, but you got like I'm telling you right now, Tyreek, you are a spoiled boy.
Speaker 2: You're a man.
Speaker 4: For you to say, for you to say, I have this is the first time I ever missed playoffs and you've been in the league for ten plus years. Yeah, Bro, I made the playoffs three times. Some guys never make the playoffs like you have been lucky to be a part of an amazing Chiefs team and a Dolphins team that was successful. But Bro, Bro, you just don't know. I think you don't know about the heartaches come to the Titans.
Speaker 2: Bro. I think It's hilarious that he utilizes that I got to do his best for me and my family, as in, I haven't made the playoffs and I'm out of here because I got to do it one year. Haven't made the playoffs. Your family's not send back like dad, what're we doing? We got to get to the playoffs. We got to get out of here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tyr, we don't care you getting paid that much. We want to see We want to see the playoffs. We want to see you get that sixty thousand dollars game chat.
Speaker 2: I think Tyreek two he's represented by Rosenhaus, is he. Yeah, so if he's wanting out, he just signed a three year deal in twenty four. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, if somebody wants out a guy like Tyreek, he still got so munch juice he can go every once every time. Would be like, yeah, we'll pay for that.
Speaker 7: Garrett brought up a good point. That's Tyreek's profile picture on Twitter, right.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's funny. That is funny that.
Speaker 4: I mean, Yeah, Tyreek, like brother, I understand your frustration. This is the first time we've gone through it. This is why losing is the best teacher.
Speaker 2: But how many times you make the playoffs twice. No, I mean one time twice.
Speaker 4: One time, one time in a twenty year career. Yeah, and I mean I was looking to make it three times. Like we got thirty years of NFL experience and we've got four playoff runs.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man, those motherfuckers on the Chiefs that just get super Bowls and playoffs and and buys and playoffs and super bowls.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: The only place time he needs to go, though, is back to the Chiefs. Incredible, He's got to go back. There's going to be a place to go. It's going to go back.
Speaker 2: That insane might put that on a futures bet. Where would I put that? Will? The NFC is where you need to look at for your futures bet right now. NFL playoffs. We're talking about the NFL playoffs. You bet we are and get in on the action at DraftKings Sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. Scoring touchdowns is key to winning in the NFL playoffs, and the key to you scoring big is betting on them at DraftKings, the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to make your first bet, try betting on something simple like a SA Kwon Barkley anytime touchdown, go to Draftking sports Book app and make your pick. And here's another reason to watch your favorite players crush in the playoffs. New customers that bet five dollars they will get two hundred dollars and bonus bets instantly. Score big during the NFL playoffs with the Draftking sports Book. Download the DraftKings sports Book app and use code bus that's code bus bus for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly when you bet just five bucks only on the DraftKings sports Book. The crown is yours. Schefter call me back, huge typo, huge typeo, huge typo. He called you a cheft, he called you back, he.
Speaker 4: Called me back, hit him, hit him on, hit him out. I feel kind of bad because if I'm like, hey, I want to know about Mike McCarthy, you're on Bust with the voice of like Taylor is so inappropriate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just say this is gonna be very inappropriate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh hey, that's good.
Speaker 2: I'll use that. I'll use that, like, listen, you're gonna be so pissed and you're gonna think this is so inappropriate. We're trying to call Adam Schefter right now. For those listening and now watching on YouTube. If you are listening on audio, make sure you're you make sure you're subscribing following our podcast. If you're watching on YouTube, consider subscribing to the Boys hit that little ring bell getting notified when the Boys drop episodes and drop contact. I'm putting my.
Speaker 4: Phone a lot. I'm putting my phone a lot. He didn't answer.
Speaker 2: We're playing. We're playing photo tag and making sure you're dropping comments, drop comments about the episode. We have a lot of fun with those.
Speaker 4: Oh Taylor Adam on.
Speaker 2: TV so so professional. Before we go to the NFC, I just want to say I feel terrible for Steelers fans. They've ended on such a bad note in the regular season. They've kind of limped into the playoffs. They've been in such a dilemma because they're always in this spot to where they're like the fifth through seventh seed. They're in the middle of the pack and drafting, they can't get themselves a quarterback. There was a little bit of glimmer of hope with Russell Wilson early in the year. They end up going with Russell over Justin Fields and that just to be in this exact same spot where their defense is good enough. They kind of came alive last week, but they just have no offensive firepower. So I just want to stay before we go to the NFC, my heart goes out to Steelers Nation because it's it sucks. Yeah, it sucks, man. I hope they can somehow pull it off. You we know we love our boy Artie Smith out there, no doubt, and we love the videos that come through on my timeline of Mike Tomlin given some juice in a team.
Speaker 4: Yes, the intensity of those eyes second to none, a.
Speaker 2: Guy who's been there for so long. But it's just every year there in this exact same spot. This year seems worse than the others because they're on like a what a four game losing streak? O, man, dude, Lions just beat the breaks off the Vikings. Beat the breaks off the Vikings.
Speaker 4: I mean, played phenomenal four touchdowns.
Speaker 2: There's a couple of things that I'll I'll say, I'll save it for the locker room, but just the Lions beat the breaks off the bikes.
Speaker 4: The weakness, the only weakness they have is having this buy was we are finding out it's such a dangerous place to be unless unless you've been there before, like the Chiefs, like the Well, no, they've been there before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, unless you've been they've been there before, and Chiefs have been there before, so they'll be ready to Yeah.
Speaker 4: These games not as clear cut to me.
Speaker 2: As the A f C games. Has much more depth in the A f C.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sneaky team, dude, the Rams.
Speaker 2: Sneaky, sneaky Vikings, sneaky Commanders. Could sneaky have an upset over the Bucks? Yeah, an upside over the Eagles they.
Speaker 4: Could, dude, we could be looking at I mean, besides the Rams, every lower seed winning whichever, I'm going to assume that the Rams are an underdog in this game. I haven't looked at the line right now.
Speaker 2: I think the Draft DraftKings app has the Vikings favored by two and a half over the Rams, So yeah, they have underdogs.
Speaker 4: We're gonna have a game that'll be in l a.
Speaker 2: I mean, ultimately, the Vikings and the Lions are battling for the number one spot in the NFC. You know, obviously Eagles have too, but these are those are the Vikings. Eagles and the Lions are the top three teams in the NFC record wise, I know record.
Speaker 4: Wise, but don't get don't know the Packers in there too, guys.
Speaker 2: I feel like, don't be a prisoner in the moment. Bro. Vikings. Yeah they got the rassle, but just think of what the Vikings have been doing all year long, no.
Speaker 4: Doubt, Bro, I'm telling you Vikings are great.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm rams are plus two for money.
Speaker 2: Line gotch got you. Line's moved a little bit.
Speaker 4: So listen, I'm worried about your commanders in this game. I'm worried, Baker, Sure, spicy dude. Playing in Florida is a bitch in the wintertime, cause your body's kind of used to the cold, your like lungs have gotten kind of used to it. And then you walk into that humidity a little bit.
Speaker 2: You know what it's like.
Speaker 4: You remember going to Jacksonville December and being like, what the fuck is this? Yeah, you're still dealing with this down here.
Speaker 2: It is different. Yeah, it's tough. No, I'm with you. Just to me like in the NFC. NFC has all the games, dude, to where it's like, I mean, sixty one is not bad?
Speaker 7: Is that the sixty one yeah, sixty one, high sixty one, low forty nine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean that they're never mind the Commanders just everything to say, Commanders having this kind of momentum going into a playoffs for the first time in forever, I mean not since like long before my generation.
Speaker 2: There, like anytime we got in the playoffs, it was just we just sneak in and we were always coined the NFC, or least we say, we'd be saying NFC beast though. I bet your bitch as was run at him, run at him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, those be fun games with their numbers and the Rams. They had themselves a little bio away. They said, all their starters Vikings limping into the playoffs after a bad b from the number one.
Speaker 2: The fun part about the Vikings Rams too, as you got O'Connell versus mcvayh. Yeah, they've they've been they've been on the same staff for so long. And again like Stafford in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Mode, how's the health of his team right now? Yeah, I think Coop's playing. He's playing.
Speaker 2: I think they're pretty healthy for the most part, and their young un defenses really came along in the back half of the year. It'd be an awesome match. Bring Fisk, He's a beast. Brot Su. Yeah, really, that's awesome. It's tough to crack that Pro Bowl line up. Your first year brought Bowers. Oh brought Bowers. He got it unanimous, right, Mike Mayer? Yeah, yeah, you had.
Speaker 7: Some sure, Well correct me if I'm wrong. Fun fact, first time I think in over twenty years that same city teams could play in the Super Bowl of Chargers and Rams.
Speaker 2: It's fun. Fact, it would be fun. That'd be fun. That's something that I'll probably start betting right now.
Speaker 1: I saw something. This is like a it's like a pretty good point. Obviously, the Chargers in the AFC, uh Rams are in the NFC. What if they were both number one seeds and they both made it to then like the uh division championship. How would that work with it being like like.
Speaker 2: One on Saturday, one on Sunday.
Speaker 1: But normally they're both on Sunday?
Speaker 2: Are they?
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure I.
Speaker 2: Think that you're talking about Championship week, like NFC champions champion, the championship that division, the championship games are both on Sunday. Yeah they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So like, how would that work with like filing fans in and out.
Speaker 2: You know, they haven't thought about that at all.
Speaker 1: I know, but that's like it's a cool thing to think about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 1: That'd be awesome just to see how flip a coin.
Speaker 2: You know, they just flex one game or they have to break them up.
Speaker 1: But it is cool. But then if you think about it, the team that played Saturday has that one extra rest day going into the Super Bowl, So it's like, kind of how do you make that even.
Speaker 2: It still could happen, they don't need to be one seeds. Like if the Broncos made it on their side and the Packers made it on their side both in LA and the Chargers, they both that situation could come up this year. Insane Final four.
Speaker 1: I saw that on Twitter. I'm like, that's interesting, Like, how would that even work?
Speaker 4: Going nuts right now? Yeah, somebody's figuring that out. Think about like the Super Bowl halftime show, how quickly they break that ship down all the time. They really they just gotta change some turf paint for them. I felt that would be an easy Yeah, you do you do a noon game and you do a seven pm game.
Speaker 7: Or I bet they would do one of them at the Coliseum.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, Maybe you're gonna tell a team, Hey, we're gonna do a neutral US home field usc Is Compton. Yeah, in the Colisseum, the Rose Bowls in Pasadena.
Speaker 2: No one gets where they just played the state.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what if they all just play a pick up game of basketball?
Speaker 2: Right? Hey, Before we get into the Francis Ellis interview, thoughts on Titans having a number one overall pick, it was gonna blow it. Yeah, I know. It's like the worst year, especially when you're a team that you know, everybody talking Titans need a quarterback.
Speaker 4: Bro when it's yeah, and everyone is kind of saying, this is the worst draft class, Like this draft class is not that great. It's not that strong. The quarterbacks Shadrick Sanders. People have been saying first overall pick all year long. Now all of a sudden's reports coming out saying he's not like some teams say, he's not a first round grade.
Speaker 2: There's something.
Speaker 3: There's somebody just like start that people are running.
Speaker 4: That's how shit works, though, there's all this is when we're gonna start to get in the world of smoking mirrors.
Speaker 2: You can have those team making the teams that are slotted like twenty through thirty two in the draft, like a couple of those scouts Conda. Yeah, I don't even have his first round grade, you know what I mean? And that right there can just be a headline or rumor on X Yeah. True, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Was all interesting first overall pick. We got a lot of picks later in the draft that you can move around with.
Speaker 2: Don't We think the number one QB in the draft is cam Ward.
Speaker 3: Though I don't know, dude, he quit halftime.
Speaker 2: Bro, It's right, good point, Well you got JP.
Speaker 5: I feel like the city of Nashville needs some buzz and I think they should take Shaudur or Travis Hunter, either one of them.
Speaker 4: Like right, was possible in the times, right, I think the.
Speaker 5: Move is to trade it. But if you were to pick, I do think you take Shudar or Travis Hunter solely for the buzz of like we gotta get this this city energized again, and those two could do it. And I feel good about Shadur because at the end of the day, like he knows how to prepare like a pro and he's been held to a high standard his whole life. Cam Ward, like, I mean, I think he'll be really good. But Shadua like, I don't know. I think he's gonna be a really good NFL.
Speaker 2: I think too got good poise. Adam and Taylor, this is so inappropriate. How are you.
Speaker 4: Because right now I'm filming an episode of Busting with the Boys and we were talking, We're like what we what's going on with Mike McCarthy And I was like, well, I can call Adam and the Will is like, yeah, call Adam. Do you know anything about do you care about if I just put you on speakerphone and Busting with the Boys right now? This is also being recorded, so we can cut it.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, all right, all right.
Speaker 1: He just.
Speaker 4: He said, you gotta call me afterwards. Yes, mister Sheffer, Yep, absolutely.
Speaker 2: He said, yeah, yeah, you gotta call me after.
Speaker 4: I think you trade that pic or dude, Hey, what about kirk Cousins.
Speaker 2: You talk about Titans. Yeah, that's definitely a possibility because they they're definitely it seems like they could fuck this whole time. It would take.
Speaker 3: They would take Justin Fields over Kirk Cousins. Neither one is gonna yeah, but that's my point. One can at least run around. But no, I think you. I think you move around with it. I would love to see us get that Penn Sam Darnold, Abdull Carter would be nice to pick up Abdull Carter. The Penn State edge rusher would be sick and a wide receiver.
Speaker 2: Is that number eleven for Penn State? Bro? He's like a Parson's out there running around Bro, his motor and his speed sideline the sidelines.
Speaker 4: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: What's gonna happen with Jeff? Like you have sweat in the middle, Ye, get you an edge? Because what's Harold gonna do?
Speaker 2: Like, yes, he's still gonna be around and sucks.
Speaker 3: That I'm talking about defensive players in the offense put up thirty points twice.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I bet think he'll get I think he'll get a veteran quarterback in the market. I think you have to.
Speaker 3: I think Cali would work better with a vet that This could sound weird, but a vet that would maybe have some pushback to be like, no, this is what I think would work.
Speaker 2: Aaron Rodgers, he does, he does have Let's go, He's got Landon Nashville, got a couple of his boys. Olivia Randall Cobb David Baktiari. Yeah, he's got the bus and on the bus. Friend of the show, who is.
Speaker 4: The guy that was with Aaron Rodgers the other foot Poyer the safety He d m me. He said, I saw a locker room. He's like, if you're actually interested in doing ayahuasca, we're setting up this whole entire thing in March, if you'd like to go.
Speaker 2: Dog.
Speaker 4: I talked to Talan about it. She's like, do not go to ayahuasca because she's like that that like mentally alters you forever.
Speaker 2: You come out a new man.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe, but maybe I'm so enlightened. Something else happens for content.
Speaker 2: Come on to put any bullied into it.
Speaker 4: I got bullied into calling shefter, Yeah, I could be. I got bullied into share my mustache. Shut up, JP, I don't want to hear that bullshit it.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking about it.
Speaker 4: See this is exactly.
Speaker 2: This is it.
Speaker 4: I really just clicked in my head you're doing it.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty five, twenty five you said you did say that is a.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, you're absolutely looking to you. Right, it's right. I'll think about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me if.
Speaker 4: The Titans place for me to tell you guys, what's going on in my life, and here I am fighting for it.
Speaker 2: Makeup for the rest of your life.
Speaker 7: Come on, I don't think change, No, it could.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm teasing. I'm teasing Francis Alice. Hey, this was an awesome episode for everybody that tuned in and listened to Stuke Finer. This one has those vibes because Francis had a lot of big moments throughout his Barcel career as a comedian. He's been uh he was a character entire season one. He will be in season two. But this one, what are we laughing at? You know?
Speaker 1: Just sure?
Speaker 2: But this is an awesome episode. I feel like he doesn't have any long form podcasts where he sat down and kind of talked about his entire career barstool, having his high moments, having his very low moments, getting fired, coming back from that, his last year as a whole. He sheded a lot of good light on what he's been dealing with in the last year. This is an incredible episode. I think you guys are really gonna like this. If you're watching along, consider make sure you're subscribed to this podcast and leave comments along the way. But big hugs, tiny kisses. Enjoy this episode with Francis Ellis. Before we get to this interview, we got a shout out our sponsor, Kevin's Natural Foods. You know that you feel your best when you eat well, but life is hectic and it's hard to find a healthy option that's quick and easy. That's where Kevin's Natural Foods comes in. Made with quint clean quality ingredients, Kevin's heat and serve entrees and new stir fry kits are packed with protein and ready to eat in just minutes, no prep, no mess. Kevin's entrees are shockingly delicious and available in tons of tasty flavors like the Korean barbecue and Cilantro Lime chicken, and their stir fry kits even include fresh veggies. Listen, I'm gonna go off script here. We're supposed to do a uh, We're supposed to do like a custom ad sponsor with Kevin's Natural Foods. But I got the Kevin's Natural Foods delivered to my house before I knew that we were gonna have to do a custom ad sponsor. So I ate all of the Kevin's Natural Foods, and I swear to you this shit is awesome. It's also in whole foods. I'm not joking right now. I just ate their tie. They're like this ty curry chicken for lunch. It's it's awesome. You throw in the pan, you see, you can use microwave. You can also cook it on the stovetop. But it comes in this like packaging to where the ingredients are clean. The ingredients list is very minimal. The meat comes in like a chicken bone broth, so already like the soux Vied method suvid suvi suve suvied. It comes in the Souvied methods, so it's already the kind of like pre cooked and in quality chicken bone broth. The veggies coming vegetable broth. And all you do is it's it's easy. You'll have a meal ready within five to seven minutes. It is amazing. General So's chicken. They've mentioned it on this aterid the Korean barbecue b Fellas. I'm telling you, hey, j Jpve was on this bus. You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 7: I know what you're talking about because I smelled that green chicken.
Speaker 2: Curry you're eating bro so good, so good. Kick Off twenty twenty five with Kevin's and make it your healthiest and tastiest year yet. Find Kevin's Natural Foods in the refrigerated section of your local grocer. So, like I already told you, they are in Whole Foods there. All of their stuff is certified Paleo and Keito. Uh description link that's for production for producers only. I won't say that part. But hey, enjoy this episode with Francis Ellis and go buy some Kevin's Natural Foods.
Speaker 4: Just to be safe. We won't talk about all right, Welcome to bus one of the boys. We were talking before about Saraian Barstool and tonight's episode and whether or not something happens, and so we're not gonna talk about it. We'll leave it alone just in case.
Speaker 8: My boy, yeah, I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: You know that movie scene where he's like holding his son.
Speaker 8: He's like, my boy, no, no, no, no, what happens there? Fire He's talking about dead poets society.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're talking about dea pots society. I don't even know what I'm talking about. You've seen the movie scene.
Speaker 8: It happens in both of those movies.
Speaker 2: One am I like my mean video album, My boy mean video album. It could be when.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he dies in Goblet of Fire as well, but it's possibly Dead Poets Society.
Speaker 4: Do you think Will is watching Dead pote Society? Do you think Will's ever do you think anyone's ever said to Will? Oh, captain, my captain, Will's gone? Yeah, it was captain of Nebraska, That's what he's fucking. I guess they knew I was a captain of Nebraska the Redskins for a year.
Speaker 2: I love it. Man.
Speaker 8: Those are good references and good, very good.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Welcome to bus with the boys friends.
Speaker 8: I'm thrilled to be truly thrilled to be here. I was saying to Will. There are very few podcasts for which I would actually fly to do them, and this is one of them. And others would be like Rogan THEO. You know, Okay, Tim Dillon short list. By the way, I'm not I'm not saying I'm getting invited on those. I'm saying, you know, I put you guys in that tier when you when.
Speaker 4: You go and do like tires and you see I mean, obviously we're all have a relationship with Shane, but you're a comedian. You're in tires with Shane.
Speaker 2: Is there a piece of you.
Speaker 4: It's like I'm getting close to the to the experience.
Speaker 8: To like getting on Rogan. Yeah, I want to if we consider Rogan sort of the the black Belt the Mountaintop.
Speaker 4: I think you have to, right, He's the number one podcast, like ninety countries, absolutely, so he is the black Belt the Mountaintop.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I it is one of those things where I don't I don't want to speak about it. It's it's it's like, uh, there's a line from Gladiator where he where I think it's the original Emperor before he gets killed by his son and he's like there was a time when Roan was, you know, so delicate that you could just whisper about it and it would disappear or something. Yeah, Like I don't want to I don't even want want to whisper about Rose delicate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know it's in the distance somewhere. You know, it might be around there for years.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I've I've you know, I don't really know what the row is there. But I'm not going to force it, that's for sure. I'm not going to ask for favors. I just know that that is one of those things that needs to happen. Naturally, and it'll happen if it happens.
Speaker 4: Being around Bert and Shane. That's always been their thing because obviously anybody a pedestrian on the street if they got a call was like, hey, go on Joe Rogan experience, they would go on Joe Rogan experience. But the guys that have been on, when they see you, whether you talk about wanting to go on the show or not, they're like, if you ever see them, don't bring up the show, don't talk about it at all, because that is when you essentually get NNEX for life. Sure you get sent to the.
Speaker 8: The Yeah, the Blue Lug ironically. I mean, I've also heard stories of people who you know, dropped in did a set at the Mothership just like impromptu or whatever. Rogan had never met them before, saw their set, and then was like, want to do the show tomorrow? Right crazy, and it was just that quick and out of the blue.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think that's how it kind of went down with Jelly Roll too, right, like he met him maybe out at the Mothership and out with them for one night and then literally the next day. Yeah, at that point was like Jilly rules, Yeah, pretty big, just got a donkey.
Speaker 4: Just got a pet donkey? You see that clip? No, yeah, his wife bought a donkey yesterday for what?
Speaker 2: Just life?
Speaker 4: Just when you have everything, what else do you want? You want a donkey?
Speaker 8: Do you know what donkeys are supposedly amazing for is keeping like coyotes and predators away from the rest of your livestock.
Speaker 2: Yes, you should get a donkey.
Speaker 4: I got a great Pyerne.
Speaker 2: I don't need a donkey.
Speaker 4: I want That was a conversation though, when we were going through what do we want to protect our goats? My first thought with donkeys. The thing with donkeys though, was a little more aggressive. They're stronger ship too, Like they'll pick up goats by their neck and just walk around with them for a little bit. They have to walk he put them down.
Speaker 2: Wow, Like they have like lock jar or something like that.
Speaker 8: Wild they are. I have a terrible donkey story. Actually, go ahead, Uh. I have a small place in the Hudson Valley, New York, and I'll go up there and it's sort of farm country. And a friend of mine from up there had asked if I would go to their house to feed their cat while they were traveling. And I went to the house to feed the cat, and I had a small dog with me, our French bulldog who just passed away. But he came and they have two donkeys, and I let him out of the car and went and fed the cat. And he was barking at the donkeys. And there was a fence, just a wood fence that was easily you know, you could go under it, and he's barking at them from the edge. They were out in the middle of the field, and then he went under and started chasing them, and they were running away from him, running away from him, and he was running them in laps, small tiny French bulldog, and then they all of a sudden just were like, wait a minute, we're not bothered by this fucking rat. And they stopped and they turned and they started trying to stamp on him. And I watched this and I was like, this is it. It's over. They're gonna cave his head in with their gigantic donkey hoo.
Speaker 2: Now, are you jumping over the fence to go in there?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, at that point I did, and he quickly was like, oh, I bit off more than I could too, and I ran over and he came to me because but but one of the blows glanced off of his fur such that you could actually see the hoof print coming down the side of his coat.
Speaker 4: No shit, Yeah, war scars.
Speaker 2: So you saw two donkeys chasing your French bulldogs. Well they turned the tables, Yeah, turned the tables. You see this happen and you actually went in there.
Speaker 4: To fight the donkeys.
Speaker 8: Yes, because my wife at the time, who is now my ex wife, had I told her. Unfortunately, Koji has passed away. He was curb stomped by a donkey. Right, that's just the type of thing that, you know, leads to little intimacy for quite some.
Speaker 2: Time, a long dress. Two questions came from that. Yeah, well you you made it out of that dust up without a concussion?
Speaker 8: I did. Yeah, the donkeys knew not to fuck with me.
Speaker 2: Do you have helmets? Yeah? In case you're good?
Speaker 8: Good God.
Speaker 2: You say you about the concussion? Yeah, yeah, I said, So you made it out of there without getting a concussion. Yeah, that was gonna be my one of my questions. Great, what's up with your head?
Speaker 8: Yeah it's not great. It's hanging on by a string.
Speaker 4: It's so smart, so quick witted. Yeah, yet a pillow essentially a pillow.
Speaker 2: Would you say in that clip, is this brain made of paper?
Speaker 8: Yes, our ginger's brains made and.
Speaker 4: Which on looking at back of people like these dumb bubs like I guess they're right the way I was the way.
Speaker 8: I know you didn't know that I've had a bunch, I mean, have I ever? I don't know if I've told you guys this story about the time that I got beaten up by the lobster man in Maine. She was really bad. I got really, really hurt. I told that on a man chains. Have you heard that story?
Speaker 2: What do you say it in your set? Yes? Yes? Yeah, well you and all the boys you guys were getting after it.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Well I was trying to stop the fight and then they just thought I was part of the thing and they beat me up. So that was one. I mean, that was a really bad one. That broke my nose so badly, uh that even when it heeled, I couldn't breathe out of my left nostril. And I didn't know that until years later when I started doing cocaine and I couldn't get any up. The left nostril tell a problem, and it was embarrassing because people were like, dude, you need to alternate nostrils or you're going to deviate your septum. And I was like, well, that would give me an excuse to get a rhinoplasty without making it seem like it's for esthetic purposes, which is exactly what I was looking for, because nobody wants a guy to get a nose job.
Speaker 4: You know, from cocaine without excuse.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So anyway, the point is that was one. Then lacrosse I had like two or three, one of which resulted in me being taken off the field in an ambulance. And that was the worst one. That was the word it's fine.
Speaker 2: Are you laughing at that?
Speaker 8: It's fine?
Speaker 2: Like it's a real sport. No, I know, I don't know.
Speaker 8: It's not really real sport, but it is.
Speaker 2: It's a real sport. Let me say this, you a scholarship for it?
Speaker 8: No, they don't do that at ivy League school. There's no athletic scholarships, only need based.
Speaker 2: But hold on is like a loophole.
Speaker 4: Like if you're a good lacrosse player, you're a good football player, basketball player, whatever it is.
Speaker 8: You'll get in.
Speaker 2: You'll get in, but you won't get money. Yeah, you don't need the grades at the.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's a little more. There's a little more.
Speaker 4: Leans switch of muggles and wizards, Like essentially the athletes are really the muggles.
Speaker 8: So they would let a mud blood in.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, okay, not to get no, yeah, fair enough, not to get racial.
Speaker 8: But yeah, they'll they'll, they'll kind of give you a little more wiggle room on academics. But you know, I wasn't far off academically.
Speaker 2: Okay, just a little bit.
Speaker 4: So you got you got ambulance cart it off?
Speaker 2: Yeah that one. Yeah, what happened? Stick to the head.
Speaker 8: No, I was hit and then I was hit. I took a shot, like a shot on goal. I think I jumped and shot, and then a defender while I was in the air hit me and I like imagine a receiver going up for a pass. And I came down and the back of my head hit the turf as hard as you know, just whiplash, bang, and I had a seizure from it. No ship, and that's why they called the ambulance.
Speaker 2: Damn. I don't, I don't. I'm not like.
Speaker 8: In my head trauma.
Speaker 2: I don't give a fuck, you know, just yes, exactly, exactly.
Speaker 8: So at that at the point is is that I avoid now, I avoid activities that might induce head trauma. I don't play like men's league lacrosse. I don't do any of that stuff. I don't even really play like. I won't even play men's league basketball anymore. And so heading into that challenge, I saw what it was going to be, and I thought it was a joke. I was like, surely there must be some.
Speaker 2: Catch, especially the way the teams are divvied up.
Speaker 8: My god, you know, you put the fucking monstars on one team and then a bunch of you know, fucking muggle brained moron. I can't wait.
Speaker 2: So you tell this story and just the context with Biz and everything else, because in my mind, like, you're an athlete in my mind, so I'm thinking, like, all right, if we can just get Francis, he's probably he's gonna be their force. But then when we were banged up talking out later that night, it was I was laughing as hard as I've ever laughed listening to him tell this entire story about going up against Biz.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, so you know, yeah.
Speaker 4: You and you and Wit were the two people. You're like, I really got to worry about that.
Speaker 2: Man, you guys watch wit. I mean it's like, okay, yeah, but.
Speaker 4: With to me, hockey player they have great center of balance. I've had a little scuffle with who's the guy you hate, James Neil. I've wrestled him and he's he's got it, And so I just thought to myself, like, hockey players really are like that when it comes to balance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we could be sneaky.
Speaker 8: Well, that was what I said immediately. You know, if you asked yourself, is there some body of work that would lend itself to preparing for this job challenge, which is physical combat on poor footing? My god, you know, hockey enforcers right at the top of the list. I don't know what could be better. Uh So maybe one of those like Japanese game show guys that like stands over the water and like runs and I don't know, And uh so, sure enough, my first my first opponent is Kelly Keegs, And I'm like, oh, thank goodness, you know.
Speaker 2: Uh and as you're thinking too, like I'm like the strongest gullery. They're gonna put me up against all these enforces.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because before the show you were talking about how you've been really on your health. You've been moving around, you've been doing your cold touch you essaisally were being your character from Tomas Calves are incredible and beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yes, hey, well sculpted body. Yeah, that's that's a great frame.
Speaker 8: I got that from my dad.
Speaker 4: You don't say, Dad, look at us. You should see day for the little pencils day.
Speaker 8: Thanks to our father. So, yeah, what happened to your dad?
Speaker 2: Well, well, he's uh, he's actually lost a lot of weight. Used to be a bodybuilder, used to fight a lot, wasn't out haulic for an extended period of time, but that is now he's now sober. So yeah, he's doing all right, He's doing better. He's doing way better.
Speaker 8: Good heavens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was quite a caniform.
Speaker 8: I asked it.
Speaker 2: I knew.
Speaker 8: What if his dead was dead, would have been easier than that. Whatever that thing was that.
Speaker 2: We wake up in the alcoholic Yeah, we'd have to go to a local moteil in the middle of the night. But yeah, he's doing a lot better now. I'm so thrilled for both of you. Thrilled, Yeah, so thrilled for both of you.
Speaker 8: Uh so yeah, So then I my second one I get is is biz?
Speaker 4: And before with Keigs, was there a piece of you that's like I have to win this if I go? Yeah, for sure, So there's there's some nerves there.
Speaker 8: But I also I'm I would. I love Kelly. She's a friend of mine, and I was like, you know, there's a way to do this that's not barbaric, and I so I just she she kind of mentioned said something under her breath like please don't hurt me, and I was like, we can make it this easy. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I was like, what's in it for you?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 8: So I just I just nudged her and that was fine, and and uh, you know, that was totally fine. And then and then next up, I get BIZ and I'm standing up there and there you guys started this macho, fucking mating call thing of who's gonna be the bitch that wears the head gear and the mouthguard? And you guys were like, fuck that, I'm having unprotected jousting sex, no condom on my head, let's raw dog each other to death. And I get up there, I put the helmet on like a fucking pussy, I've got the mouth guard and being like and then there's Biz, just clear eyed, just fucking vulnerable, scar tissue around the face, a halo of wrath protecting him from whatever meaningless blows I might deliver with my PBC pipe wrapped in foam. You guys keep saying it was a pillow. That thing had real structural integrity under the casing. It looks worse for me, but it is it had it had case. Yeah, yeah it did, so, he.
Speaker 2: Said, a dumb brain we are. He's using funny words. Its explaining in such d Yeah, just the what he's talking about. We're just like, oh, we're having fun, go ahead, keep talking.
Speaker 8: Before the record, before I went up, I turned to people on my team and I was like, this is a bad idea, if this is what we think it is. I have a history of concussions. I don't think I should do this. And then they're like uh huh, huh huh, And you could almost just hear them being like, you're out right if we lose and you don't participate, bye.
Speaker 2: So I was like, all right, I.
Speaker 8: Mean I'll take it, and then uh I get up there. There's Biz, no mouthguard, no headgear, just veins popping out of his forehead. Somehow he's flexing his face. I've never seen someone do that before. And I said, in the moment, I was like, I felt like I was staring down Miss Peach's alcoholic stepfather, just a fucking pit bull that abused its daughter in human form, you know. And there he is, and I'm just like, this is a disaster, this is my nightmare. We're so close. Yeah, we were so close, and they blow the whistle or whatever, and I mean he'd hit me twice from both sides before I had swung. And I get off the thing. I'm like, yep, I can't hear, can't hear anything, just and people are like, good, try, good try, and I'm like, did I a Yeah? And then I started feeling sick and I was like, oh, man, if I throw up, that sucks and that'll be embarrassing. So I immediately knew I had a concussion. I know the symptoms. Luckily, I've had a range of them, and this one, to me felt like it wasn't. I wasn't so discombobulated, but I knew I was concussed, and uh, I didn't want to bring the fucking production to a screeching halt. I didn't want it. But I also was like, I need I need to get some I need to get looked at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, get a peak. Yeah, I just have it checked out.
Speaker 8: And they brought in an EMT. We did a bunch of concussion testing and then they like they filmed that, which I was like, this feels where's my blue tent?
Speaker 2: You know, where's my privacy?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: What's going on here? And then they were like, well, we couldn't release any of the footage because of HIPPA And I was like, well, then why did you film it just to.
Speaker 2: Make you feel comfortably? Yeah, they're doing tests on you. Follow my finger, yeah, give me the give me the months of the year backwards exactly.
Speaker 8: And she she was like, yes, you have a concussion. It is my advice that you go to the hospital to get a cat scan to rule out a brain bleed. And I would you imagine if you had a brain bleed from that, I mean, that would have been bad for everybody. And I didn't want. I didn't want that. I didn't want I didn't want it to come back poorly on the show. We were so in the middle of it, you know what I mean. At that point, there was so much momentum. Everyone was so bought in h and my team had lost, so I knew, you know you immediately had that thought of like, if I miss a single secretive conversation, I'm toast right, And even while I was being evaluated for like forty five minutes, I was like, they're conspiring. I'm out of here. Yeah, this is bad. And I she wanted me to go to the hospital. I was like, I don't want to do that. And it's not because I'm trying to be a martyr or something like that. I just I hate going to the fucking hospital. I hate it. When I was in seventh grade, I had a really bad staff and infection in my ankle joint which led to sepsis, got some scars, well whatever, I'm not going to show you, and yeah, and I had to spend a month in a hospital for that, and I was this little kid and it just fucking left me.
Speaker 2: I hate hospitals.
Speaker 8: So I didn't want to go. And then she was like, all right, well, then you have to sign a thing that makes me say that I gave you the advice to go, and you're not going on your own, you know, volition. So I signed that and then we continued. I think I got voted out the next day. And then I don't really want to give away too much, but I think the story is worth telling quickly. I'm in the house, right, the sequestered house. They had a basketball hoop, so I mean, I'm sequestered in the house. They had a basketball hoop in the backyard. I'm standing there talking to somebody and a ball someone's just playing horse or something. Ball bounces off the rim hits me in the head and it was like someone just unplugged a laptop. I was having a conversation and I do not remember what I was saying. I stopped talking, and I think I was talking to I won't say who I was talking to, but oh no, I can say it was Ron because Rone was also it's known that he's out of the game. And we were talking and he was like, wait, you were saying and I was like what, and I had no idea what we'd been talking about. And that was when they were like all right, and then my face turned green. So then they called an actual doctor and he was like, I'm taking you to the er. And I go to the Chicago Er. We're in the middle of Chicago, and in the emergency room in Chicago. I'm not making this up. A prison brawl had just taken place nearby. There were fifteen to twenty prisoners shackled to their gurneys, screaming at each other but needing medical attention. And I'm sitting among them. This isn't even in the waiting room. This is in that area in the emergency room where there's like sort of rooms that have curtains that are pulled, so there's like a lot of elderly people slowly dying, but also for some reason, a prison outbreak of enraged people. And I'm sitting there waiting for my cat scan, and each prisoner has a police officer assigned to stand over them, and the prisoners are shaken. They're like my own once I get out of here, you know, And I'm like, you're not. And they're yelling at the cups who are just like laughing about it. And it was the most upsetting weight for medical treatment I've ever had. It was it was so unpleasant, and I luckily I had brought my headphone, so I'm just sitting there playing chess on my phone and listening to show Path and because I was trying to find like peace, and it was because it was so violent in this area. And after their cat scan machine, they were so delayed because someone had kept telling them if you move in a cat scan at all, you have to start over, right, And this woman apparently was freezing cold and kept asking for more blankets and should get like five minutes in and then they'd have to restart. That's what they told me. And so I was like, it took me an hour just sitting among this you know, prison riot to finally get to the cat scan. I did no brain bleed, and then back at the house, back at the house, which was really fun, by the way. So that's the whole story.
Speaker 2: We're gonna take a quick break from the episode to shout out Amazon Prime's exclusive Wildcard playoff game is coming Saturday. TJ. Watt and the Steelers take on Lamar Jackson and the Ravens in a playoff showdown between AFC North rivals, and it's only on Prime Video. Not a Prime member, sign up for a thirty day free trial to stream the game again. Sign up for a thirty day free trial to stream the game. The Steelers in the Ravens and primes exclusive Wildcard playoff game powered by Verizon Saturday at seven thirty Eastern only on Prime Video. My heart goes out to the Steelers fans. I think that they're just in the same spot, the Durin every year. They're in the same spot, the dur In every year. However, they do seem to be Lamar Jackson's kryptonite against the Ravens, so maybe they'll squeak one out. But you can tune in Amazon Prime U this Saturday at seventh thirty Eastern only on Prime Video. Do you do you think you.
Speaker 4: Enjoyed your time more in the competition or at the house.
Speaker 8: House by a mile?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 8: The house was fun and it's tough. I don't want to like say why because I think that will indicate who ends up being in the house, But uh, the house was really really fun.
Speaker 2: Vibes were high, vibes got really high. Yeah.
Speaker 8: It was just one of those things where like as soon as people were kind of out of the game, you did the debrief and then everyone was like kind of able to relax again and just be like that was fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you're in it, trapped in those walls. Dude, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is the same as the concept of time when you're in there truly, Like you could have your phone, you can see what's going on in the world, but you are solely focused on.
Speaker 2: What's going on, and you're you're paranoid the entire time, the entire time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And the thing that's crazy, like watching the show now where we're at at this point, before this next episode comes out or anything, Like, I am under the understanding that our entire team is so locked up, and I'm watching these episodes and they're like, we got to get out the big three, starting with Taylor, and I'm like bouncing around, like, bro, we just keep winning, we might make it to the end of this whole thing.
Speaker 8: I mean, I had the I lived under the exact same delusion, which was that winning challenges was the key to everything, and if you perform well in the challenges, you will make yourself valuable. Clearly, you know the social aspect, This is not a game that is won by like the biggest strongest athlete.
Speaker 4: The thing that bugs me about where the game's at now is how completely worthless stave Portnoy is like not like, is no help in the strategic mental part of it like puzzles can't even figure out a child's like blocks. Stacking the blocks and pulling them through like lost them the game because when Rea gets the puzzle, she almost catches up to our team. And he he really can do nothing. He can't throw, he can't let his shoulder or his arm over his head. Truly worthless to be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a worse off asset than Mincy.
Speaker 4: The only yes, I think if you put Mincy and Dave in an athletic competition, Mincy wins that competition.
Speaker 8: Well, was the puzzle aspect too, Dave, Dave, that drove me so nuts when he was he kept it was this. We put him so early in the shape because we knew he wouldn't be great at it, so we figured give him the easy part because, as you guys know, the shape got moregan more competent.
Speaker 2: However, not really, not really, It's just how do I recreate that space.
Speaker 4: And then get it close and then get it and.
Speaker 2: Just wiggle it in? Yeah, and he had a nut.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's when we were operating on our finest flotick.
Speaker 8: He did it. He kept doing it backwards. It was as if he was reading it in like the Arabic alpha that I think they read it right to left anyway, and I had to kind of be like no other I was yelling like no other way, you know, and it would knock over and they'd go and he would rearrange it the wrong way again, and I'm like, did somebody.
Speaker 2: I don't know his parents play with him as a child.
Speaker 8: And after that challenge, we lost so specifically because of Dave that I started being like, look, there's real reason that we should get him out. It's not even mean he's a liability. We have more team challenges coming. Everybody right, right, And everyone was like, no, you're wrong.
Speaker 2: And now you're fucked.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And I was like, I didn't even I didn't even compute for me that mentioning that we should take him out would then put a gigantic target on my back. I was like, he lost us, that we'd all be safe if not for him. And so let's because you.
Speaker 2: Were in the room talking to re about it, and then when you brought it up and then it goes to your confession and you're like, I think I'm fucked. Yea by king from.
Speaker 4: Good awareness, good awareness and know that you're fucked yea, it is crazy. It's crazy also watching him back and seeing how like one little thing would cause a like snowball effect. I went up to Rico and I just like, as a joke in my own head for nobody else but myself, was like, hey, here in your name and then he sees who'd you go in the room with the other football player?
Speaker 2: Aaron comes up and taps on the shoulders, I can I get you here for a second. First time talking Aria in the entire game. So I kind of just going through the stairs because like I don't want name by see it because I'm trying to keep the lowest. I'm just trying to stay low and not say right. And Rico sees me and he's like, hey, he runs the day. Hey, Will and Rarian like they started to talk and he's like, you know, somebody's like, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know, Taylor mentioned my name in the whole thing. Taylor and I just randomly said him, and so that caused Rico to spiral tell Dave and Arian's out.
Speaker 2: He's like, I think all the athletes are getting together.
Speaker 4: I'm like, no, I think I spoke to Aery like at the beginning, like a be sticking for on a tavy and that was basically it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also the amount of politicking that took place before the show, Jersey Jerry calling.
Speaker 8: He called you, Yes he did, and he called you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he.
Speaker 4: Didn't call me?
Speaker 2: He did. I got him, got, I got him got. He's in the wrong drive, dude. He before the before the first challenge, he looks at me and goes, you do well, you're in.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking the dawn. It's the craziest thing in the world. Like, Jay, what makes you think you're calling the shots in this group?
Speaker 2: Why? Like because you went far in the last one all of a sudden, Like that's a target on your.
Speaker 8: Back, right, I think so too. I think uh, I think previous seasons and your performance in them, it can only really hurt you, right unless you were just like a nothing in the first first one.
Speaker 2: Did you find like, what was the difference is for you? Because you also did what the most dangerous game? Yeah, the diabolical speech.
Speaker 8: A yes, Yes, that game was my first experience doing any of these reality game shows at Barstool, and I went in very naive. I didn't know anything about it. I kind of was just like I thought I was probably running the show every time. That game was interesting. I don't know if you guys watched any of it, but if you want to challenge, you got to go sleep in a comfortable house for the night. Yeah, and then the rest of us would sleep in this horrible tent and it was thirty four degrees we were in the mountains of Colorado, so it was freezing. You didn't sleep at all. You were just miserable. You didn't get to shower, and but it was all And then the person who was in the house got to select one other person to bring with them. But it became the case that.
Speaker 2: And then those two were immune.
Speaker 8: They were immune for that night. But everybody that was down at the campsite would be like, yeah, tomorrow, we're voting one of them. Mountain just automatically comfortable because they weren't there, and they weren't there to like defend themselves, and so you kind of started getting to a point where you're like, I don't really want to be in the house if I want to go along in the game. And each night at the at the campfire, I would just very clearly say to the four fives, four three people there, I'd be like listen, if everyone wants to remain in the game another day, and this group right here can ensure that tomorrow, provided that one of these people in the house doesn't win the challenge. Do you guys, do you see how simple that is? And they were like, oh yeah, so that just that just carried for like four eliminations until the people wisened up and were like, Francis has been playing, well we need to get him out. And I didn't see that coming and I was I was pretty banged up over it. It really affected me and people watching it's so easy to say like, wow, I mean, why don't it's a game? How could you not get the game? Well, you know, it's not really a game. It's a game, I think on actual Survivor because they're just random people thrown together, people that.
Speaker 2: Don't know each other. They get scrubbed to where they they know that they've had all had z zal communication with each other before they're all put together.
Speaker 8: Right. Our game is affected by interpersonal relationships that have been determined for years of working together. It's it's affected by things like contract status, standing at the company, longevity, power structures like all of that is a huge and It's what makes I think Surviving Barsol so compelling. It's because you know, people be like, why wouldn't you get Dave out? And it's like, well, because I don't want him to dislike me, since I have two months left on my employment here and like healthcare matters, you know, especially why the game I like it though I like it.
Speaker 4: You like, you get afraid of somebody not keeping your job because you kicked them out of a game.
Speaker 8: Well, I think that it. It makes it, really, it makes getting him out that much more explosive if you do it. You know, the previous season, Big Cat first guy out, Dave out a couple later, Like.
Speaker 4: These are very huge pieces to.
Speaker 8: Fall, and they created ripple effects that lasted for a while, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And they both hated Jerry for a minute.
Speaker 4: He did for a while, actually still hated him and even wanted to get him out in the game.
Speaker 2: He was mad that Jerry got out. He's like, I wanted that blood. But Jerry is still a part of the company.
Speaker 8: And that's because, you know, I think Dave has the business sense to say, like, well, this is still a very good employee who's created great work in spite of what he did to me in this bubble, right, but other people are not that quick to forgive, and those grudges that carry from one season to the next are a major I mean, look at look at how they did the like Marty mush Riha Hank I had, Like that's a major piece. You don't see that on Regular Survivor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's something that I was gathering the pieces throughout.
Speaker 4: But I didn't have no idea. I knew that people were pissed at Marty. I knew something or something Hank, something happened. There was a team Hank thing for a while, and I just saw on the internet. I was like, all right, cool, it seems like they're going through something. Yeah, and then they get there and find out the things right that we're going through and that will inevitably be told to everybody. I was blown the fuck away, like this shit actually happened, and and she is crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm like, my face.
Speaker 4: You'll see, is like, oh my god, that is fucking crazy. And everybody else is probably sitting there like, yeah, this is We've known this for four years or how long it's been going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but my head's been in to say, like an Ostrich. So I have no idea.
Speaker 8: So that is a disadvantage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not knowing.
Speaker 8: That type of stuff. And you I think you and I went into the game. I have a better awareness of it. But but you know, going into the game, you were like, I'm going to dominate this game through winning challenges. I'm just gonna exert my That's my guess is like you were like, I'm gonna create all audiences with people that I know in try us. And you banded with you know, Will and the athletes and stuff like that, and you guys, that worked. You guys won so many challenges in a row. But while that was happening, these people who are like survivor enthusiasts and are really good at the like cloak and dagger aspect of the game, we're just fully like, we're gonna get Taylor, and then we're gonna get this person, and then we're gonna get this person. And in a way, winning all those challenges actually might have hurt you, guys, because it just didn't make you create you know, you didn't have to be as nimble, you didn't have to reform new alliances based on who was getting out the Uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the whole the winning a bunch. Well, I think it's kept me in the game so far because.
Speaker 8: You might need to cut that. Although again, if you are out, all of this.
Speaker 2: Is fair game.
Speaker 4: All of it's fair game.
Speaker 8: So we'll just see tonight. I'll also text Rob right after we're done and see what episode it is.
Speaker 4: My strategy and going into the game not having a bunch of alliances that I knew there were some people that I was cool with. I want to get Dave and Dan out, That's what I wanted. I wanted their blood on my sword. And I thought to myself, Okay, Barstools essentially high school.
Speaker 2: There's so many clicks. There's the cool Kid Club, there's that.
Speaker 4: I was like, if I try to like associate myself with the Coolkid Club, I'm at the bottom of that total poll where I get sniped pretty quickly. So I thought, if I can get like the band of misfits of Barstool that are in the group that are kind of like on the outskirts of like the cool Kid Club, and get everybody together, like we could run the entire thing, and you know, it works.
Speaker 2: Out the way it does. It works out the way it does.
Speaker 8: I think if there's a subsequent season in a year or whatever, my guess would be that the Band of Misfits will actually have a lag up that people.
Speaker 2: Will say, I stop being afraid, though they wouldn't be because to your point, there's a resume that has now been built which helps create that target for for everybody else. Now right right, we interrupt this episode to talk to you about something very serious. We're going to say a couple of words, Taylor. You say the two words, and I'll explain what's going down. All right to hell. Dysfunction one in four men eighteen years in older experience ED, which means that you or someone close to you might be experiencing it too. That's why I wanted to tell you about this new ed treatment jel Aroson. It's the first of its kind ed treatment jael with clinically proven results that you can get over the counter. Aros On is a topical treatment jail, which means it's non intrusive and safe for you and your partner and to maximize intimacy to have a little bit of fun. You can use it with your partner during four player hanky panky leading up to sex. And it's clinically proven to work in ten minutes for physical intimacy. Individual results may vary. Studies show success and over sixty percent of men. Since it may not work for everyone, it's important to try on a few separate occasions to get the hang of how to use it. If you desire deeper connections and deeper outcomes, better outcomes, aros On is the answer. See if it's right for you. Aroxon is available in stores and online. Visit aros On That's ero xo n dot us to learn more.
Speaker 4: Back to the episode, are you and Rudy Good?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Totally. And And that was one of those things where when I got out of the game, I was just so upset and felt so shocked that because Rudy, like we truly bonded over these nights of sleeping in the cold campfires, just like there was so much bonding. I won him a challenge by like hacking the challenge. I saw something where I was like, well, if Rudy I can actually help him win, and I'm gonna tell him right before that I'm gonna have him win and I'm gonna contribute to his thing, and then he'll win and he'll choose me to sleep in the house with him and we'll both be safe, which is exact what he did. And so we were like just really vibing and having a great time, and then he voted for me, and I was astounded, a stounded, that's so boy of mine could do that and I get voted out of the game. Also, we had to, like we just sleep in I'm not kidding you, the worst hotel that I have slept in in my life. I mean, there were times when my parents weren't doing as well as they are now, and as kids, we would we would stay in ship places like you know, fucking run down motels on road twenty four hour road trips up to our lake house in northern Canada, and it.
Speaker 4: Sounds weren't doing that well. Is around a road kip store a lake house we were, We.
Speaker 8: Drove twenty two hours.
Speaker 4: What were your struggles like in camp place outside of New York City?
Speaker 8: You know, I think I think it's worth like sixty grand that that place, Not even kidding you. Yeah, so my pointing, I've stayed in shit hotels. This place we had to stay after we got voted out of that game.
Speaker 2: Was the worst.
Speaker 8: There were so many hairs on the bed women's long hairs, and they looked like they'd been pulled out by force. Like these were not shed hairs. These were like, yeah, hairs like that you could see the follicle. Yeah, there was intent at the base, clumps, clusters, chemo patient hairs. So anyway, it was terrible. It smelled bad and uh. But then like within twenty four hours you're kind of like, oh, okay, I'm back to normal. But I spent that morning writing this speech, and then as we were like heading to the thing, I was like, yeah, I wrote something, but it feels a little over the top now. And Pat from out and about was like, you have to do it. You have to do it for the show. And I was like, ah, I just don't know if I feel it that much anymore, and he was like, find it, find it within yourself. So I did this speech and it was pretty brutal, and then we ended the show.
Speaker 2: And I just went up to Rudy and I was like, I just I'm.
Speaker 8: Sorry, like I hope you know we're good, and he was like, oh my god. But I think it was it was.
Speaker 2: It created a diabolical moment in the barstool Universe.
Speaker 8: Yeah, how'd you get in?
Speaker 2: How'd you get in? The barsel? Didn't you do? Like the uh the American Idol style?
Speaker 8: The first season of Barstool Idol. I had been doing stand up and tutoring for like six years, and I was just doing you know, open mics and then check spots and then.
Speaker 2: That Harvard degree. We probably made a good living with it. I'm not even kidding you. People are like you imagine you imagine graduating from Harvard only to be a comedian or only be a you know, personality barstool. It's like nothing could have been more valuable to my career trajectory because I got out of school, didn't really know what I wanted to do. I'd done some stand up my senior year, loved it, and I was like, all right, fuck it, I'll move to New York and give this a shot for two years and if it doesn't work out, I'll you know, take myself more seriously or whatever. And I quickly got a job tutoring, and you know, I was tutoring like this standardized test that like seventh and eighth graders would take to apply to boarding schools called the s SAT And there's a lot of schools in New York that go K to eight and so kids have to apply out and there's just this huge, like private school community on the Upper East Side where everyone takes that test and the parents take it as seriously as the SAT for college, so they'll pay anything.
Speaker 8: And I was getting referred from one client to the next being like, we have a tutor. He's this Harvard Lacrosse bro who, like our kid, is obsessed with and is tutoring the test like every other tutor was like I'm artsy, fartsy old woman, you know, like who was like a poet on the side and trying to support their poetry but like poetry. Yeah, And meanwhile, like you know, I'd come over and like brow it up. We'd hit the pantry after school, eat a bunch of grapes, three sons, and then we'd get to the vocap list and it was awesome. It was like the best job in the world, you know, dunk garus just being a kid again. And uh I got to a point where I was charging three hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: An hour for that. Oh my good, I had.
Speaker 8: I had a wait list, so my I had a weight list so long that I actually had to hire friends of mine who were like trying to be actors or musicians or comedians or whatever, and teach them how to tutor the test and then I would assign them to students and I would take a cut of what they were making. And then I actually just started my own company, a tutoring you just kept doing this. Well, that was a kind of a hard call, but it was always in my mind, like I'm going to do this as a means to and end until I can theoretically support myself in comedy, right, But it was a great job. I made like one hundred and forty five grand a year, and I didn't have to work in the summer, like the whole summer didn't work and like the teachers dream, Yeah, it was fucking awesome. And and you know, just worked like four after school, four to like eight o'clock. And then I would hit like, you know, three kids in a short radius. I would schedule them, if they like lived within a block of each other, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and then I would go to stand up after that and do like you know, shitty open mics or then I got.
Speaker 2: You get to sleep in because the work day didn't start till four.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I tried to, like I tried to keep my shit together and take myself seriously. Like it was hard. I mean, and you know, in the absence of like, yeah, I could have slept till noon, but that would have driven me crazy. So I did that. And then I finally found I saw a thing for the barsol Idol. They were like, we're looking for talent. And this was still kind of like in a young phase of the company. Now did you know about them before you get Yeah, I've been a fan. I loved I loved the writing. I liked reading Kevin and Big Kat Dave. I loved reading those blogs. And this would have been like end of twenty seventeen is when I saw the thing, I think, and then maybe it was end of twenty sixteen. And then in like January of twenty seventeen, I had sent in a stand up tape replying to the email and they were like, yep, you can come audition. So because apparently there were like two thousand emails that they can't, they got and ninety five percent of them were like listen, you know, I don't have any experience, but I'm a huge barstool fan, I'll do whatever it takes. I'll learn what I have to do, and then like a handful where like, here's some relatively related work that I've done that might lend itself to this job. So because I sent a stand up tape, they I don't even know if they watched it, but they were like, oh, he's an actual comedian.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 8: Then I went in and did stand up, which was like probably a mistake because Dave hates stand up, but I was very lucky that this guy who went before me did also did stand up and bombed so hard that just by contrast, I looked a lot better. And so then I went up and they were like, yeah, you were better, so okay, and then they passed me into the like the Hell Week thing where they chose I think ten people to come compete like it was the Apprentice, and we had to come to the office every day Monday to Friday, and at the end of do a bunch of challenges type shit job, don't write a blog, go sell merch whatever, and make a video. And then on the final day Dave would fire someone at the end of every day on Facebook Live Facebook Live and they'd be like you know, ten thousand people watching, which it doesn't sound like a lot now, but at that time, big I never said anybody watching me do anything. Nobody knew who I was. And so like all of a sudden, my friends are tuning in like family members, and I'm just inching forward and and and you know, as the as the tasks became more like talent oriented instead of just like stupid ship, I was able to actually show that I could write, and that I could make funny videos and this and that, and I uh, I ended up winning that whole thing, got like a trial contract for six months. Within two months they had bumped me up to full time. And then I was there for two and a half years, and then I got fired, and then I was away for three years, and then I got hired back.
Speaker 2: And now who we are?
Speaker 8: It's quite a saga.
Speaker 4: I yeah, I want to ask why I got fired, but I feel like that's head.
Speaker 2: There's another piece that.
Speaker 4: I I go to Barstow, I'm like, hey, how's everybody doing?
Speaker 2: And I leave. There's another piece of this that there's like a doctor thing in there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was do you know about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've told me about it. You have to tell this.
Speaker 8: I mean, this is talk to me like you're meeting me for the first I feel bad because I want to shoot the ship with you guys, but these stories are a little long.
Speaker 2: This is the show. Yes, so we're highlighting you fair enough.
Speaker 8: But you know, I watched your guys show and I love it and I love the way you guys just you know, shoot the ship with people. So I feel i'll tell you. I'll tell you as quickly as I can.
Speaker 2: Story.
Speaker 8: I'm not telling stories quickly. I'm pretty long with so I apologize for that.
Speaker 2: We can talk Fox Sports Drummond a little bit, but tell the story perfect.
Speaker 8: Yes. Yes, So on day three of the Barstool Hell Week thing, I had had a surgery. I mentioned the getting beaten up by the guy.
Speaker 4: The lobster Man, which you kind of really brushed over because Will knew what it was and You're like, yeah, that's stuck. And then you talked about cocaine in your nose.
Speaker 8: Yes, so I the lung. The short story of that is that I was in Portland, Maine, when I was a sophomore in college, home for Christmas, when out with some buddies, bars clothes. We were pretty banged up, went to the pizza place in the old Port, filed into a booth. I saw some guys that I used to play sports against at a rival school, but who I was friendly with. We'd like played travel sports together, and I went over to say hi to them and was sitting with them for like five minutes. One of them saw these two girls come in. They were like screaming at each other, almost fighting, and he chirped them, and then one of their boyfriends came over and was like, that's my girlfriend, and he said something like, you know, keep your dogs on a leash or something insane, something insane, and then the big guy punched him in the face and broke his nose, and his nose exploded all over the pizza. I sort of got he was pulling blood all over the pie, which we wanted. And then they all started getting out of the booth to like fight, and I was like, am I part of this? Like what the fuck? And then I was like trying to set down, but then we got pushed outside and then one of the guys from his team just like knew what he was doing. He knew he kicked me in the face with like Timberland boots on and knocked me to the ground, and he got over my back and just grabbed my coat collar and he's like he's I'm not even kidding, he's he's saddled me, like he's I'm facing that way and he's behind me facing the same way with my coat collar bringing me to the right height like it's t ball and just swinging around my face and I'm just on all fours being like.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I can't do anything.
Speaker 8: This is terrible. Probably hit me nine times. I broke my orbital bone, I had hairline fractures of my gums, my nose was broken, as I said, and obviously a concussion. And dude, he finally he like he was it was so one sided that he just got off and like helped me up and was like are you okay? And I was like, if you're okay? Yeah, He asked me if I was okay, and I I had had this idea for a couple of years that like, at some point as a man, you needed to get into a fistfight, and that you had to earn your stripes and like prove yourself as a man. And I was stoked that I had found one had taken my punches and you know, lived to like keep moving forward. So I actually dapped the guy up. I swear I got it. And by the way, i've told this story before. I told it on Matt and Shane's and I'm telling it here, and if I ever did Rogan, I'd want to tell it on there because I have been looking for this guy for fucking years and I'm hopeful that at some point he'll hear me tell this story. We were at Joe was it Bill's Pizza and the old Port. I think it's on Commercial or Exchange Street now it's out of business. It was December twenty third, two nights before Christmas. There was a ton of snow coming down down and I feel like he would have to remember this, and if you were that guy, we should reconnect, not to fight, just to tell the story, because I feel like I have the story right, but I'm like it was obviously it's a little hazy, but he helped me up. We dapted it up. They got into a cab, they left because someone had pulled the fire alarm to summon the police. And I actually remember it was the guy who owned the place, who were like one of the pizza people pulled the fire alarm and yelled, the police are on their way, and I was like, doesn't that summon the firemen? And nobody laughed. Just foreshadowing of the weak comedian I would be for years of the long road ahead. And so anyway, so then we had to take We took that guy who had his nose broken to the hospital, and then we went back to my buddy's place. And I was hurt, but I was very drunk, so like I didn't I just was like spitting out a lot of blood, but I didn't think for some reason, I didn't think I needed to go to the hospital. I went to bed and I woke up and I had swallowed so much blood through my own septum that I was very nauseous. And I got up at like six am, raised to the toilet and threw up all this blood. Because your body cannot digest blood. Did you know that? No, it's an interesting like scientific trigger for your stomach where if it senses that there's blood pooling, it thinks that you have internal bleeding or some kind of really bad problem, and it will alert you of this by making you nauseous. This is what I was told, So I threw up all that blood and then I went home, walked in the door on Christmas Eve at seven am, greeted by R two, you know, Yellow Labs, and then my mom, who's making Christmas cookies, and my face looks like beef carpaccio and she had to take me to get emergency dental surgery on Christmas Eve. And so yeah, so that was like and then obviously it's.
Speaker 2: Gonna take a quick break from the episode to bring to you, Dove Men, as you prepare to host game day celebrations, what are some possible whole body odor related issues you may encounter that make you feel less confident in your hosting duties? Are you afraid to take off your shoes when you're enter a friend's house? Getting nervous your team is down at halftime? You get a lot of pitstains under your arms. Tackle Whole body Odor with Dove Men Plus Care Whole Body do this Whole body do o. It defends against all your odor zones from pits to privates to feet, and it's long lasting with seventy two hour seventy two hour odor protection. Find Dove Men Whole Body do O at Walmart today. Back to the episode. Okay, so years later, so let's how you got fired.
Speaker 8: Years later, I finally have the surgery to get my nose corrected from that moment, and that moment happened in two thousand and nine, the winter of two thousand and nine, and it wasn't until twenty sixteen that I finally was like, I need to get this fixed. And I went in to get the like the I saw an ear nose throat person and he was like, well, we also see that you have polyps on your vocal cords because they had done a you know, X ray or whatever, because I was very hoarse from performing.
Speaker 2: All the time.
Speaker 8: Is this the visit on day three of that No, that visit happened weeks weeks before I had I had done this. I ended up doing that surgery in like, I think early December, and then the audition for barstool idol was in January. I'm pretty sure. But even before the surgery I went in and had they told me they were like, we can fix the polyps. We can scrape those off the vocal cords with a throat surgeon and then under the same anesthesia do the nose. So you can kind of just kill two birds with gunstone if you want. And I was like, yeah, absolutely, I get the surgery. I recover from that. I go into barstool idol all as well. On that Wednesday of Barstol Idol, I get a call from the actual doctor, a voicemail, not even like his assistant, and he's like, Hi, Francis, it's doctor Wu peak Wu at Mount Sinai and he was like I need to see you immediately. This is really important. Like, uh, please come to the office when you can, like.
Speaker 2: Shit, you know the story, Yeah, okay, juicy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And he's like, you know, he didn't tell me why, And I was like, what the fuck? Okay? So I called his assistant and she was like, yeah, come. I was like, do I need make an appointment? She was like just come now. So I'm in the bar office. It's day three. I'm down to like one of five or six remaining people. So I just sneak out and I take the subway up to Mount Sinai, which is all the way uptown almost in Harlem. I go in. I see them and they were like okay. Unfortunately, when you take something out of your bodies, you guys probably know. I think they automatically biopsy it just to like test whatever it is. And they were like, we thought we had removed polyps from your vocal cords, but they are showing signs of cancerous malignant season. We think now they are cancerous tumors. Oh shit, and we need to start doing some testing now to see if it's like fantastasized and spread and that is our diagnosis. We're really sorry. I was like, holy fuck what? And then I had to get in a cab to go back to Barstool, at which point I called my parents and told them I had just been told I have cancer. Yeah, I'm crying. I'm freaked out. The fucking barstool idol was already like a huge pressure cooker, crazy thing. And I get to the office. I'm very shaken from this news and I have to go in. I go up the stairs and Kevin Clancy is like, where have you been? You're supposed to be doing this test segment on KFC radio right now, And I'm like, ah, fuck, okay, So I go in. They hustle me in, they sit me down, and they're like crazy week, right, Like how's your week?
Speaker 2: Ben?
Speaker 8: And I'm like not great to be honest with you, and I'm like, I don't really know what to say, like I'm kind of freaking out right now, and I swear to God you can watch this. Kevin goes, You're not about to tell me you have cancer?
Speaker 2: Are you? Word for word?
Speaker 8: He says that, and I was like, yeah, kinda, and he's like what And then I told him what had just happened. I didn't have time to like prepare, I didn't have time to be like.
Speaker 2: Doctor visit. No.
Speaker 8: Then I told him I think I told him in the in the show, I didn't have like I didn't know what to do about it. Yeah, was terrifying, and you know, I'm twenty six, twenty seven, and then that that comes out and becomes part of the show, and uh, I ended up winning the show. And I at this point like I do what any comedian does, and I start making like jokes about it, and like my final video on the final day was like this song I wrote and performed in the Subway to raise money for cancer treatment, which was called like hold Me Closer, I've Got cancer. I was doing. I did like a mashup of like famous songs with riffing on this Yeah, and it was funny, and I ended up winning the show and I got the I got the job, and then I was I was working there for like whatever two or three weeks. And at this time, all this time, they had sent the biopsy samples out to California to get like further testing done. We had called a radiologist in Maine who was like friends with my family to get him involved and be like, what the fuck is going on here? Start figuring out options things like that. And I think it was like two weeks in. I get a call on a Friday in the afternoon, you know, office is like chilling out, and it's the assistant and she goes, Okay, we have great news. We just did DNA test. The DNA testing came back from the the atop the biopsy that we did, and the samples that we had taken out that showed cancer's malignancies turned out to be female. And then we found the samples that we had swapped in the lab with yours retested yours and yours were fine.
Speaker 2: This results wrong. They switched my tests in the lab. Could you imagine the woman think of this. She either had cancer, got my test results and was like miraculously you're cured, or didn't know she had cancer and found out like three or four weeks later than she should have. Because of this, because people were like, Francis, you should sue the hospital. I'm like, I don't want.
Speaker 8: I'm not gonna sue a hospital for telling me I don't have cancer. That woman has a case.
Speaker 2: She should probably do something that is fucking nuts.
Speaker 8: So I know, I know, I know immediately because I'm a fan of barstool, how this is gonna go. Oh, the narrative is going to be this ginger bitch faked cancer to get a job at barstool, which I'm not kidding you. Nate had written the blog before I was off the phone with the medical assistant Ginger Francis faked cancer to get a job at barstool, and that because comes the narrative, And I then had to write a counter blog where I like, show I had them fax me the biopsy results that show the like medical language and all the stuff proving like cancer smignacies, all this being like telling my side of the story. Nobody cares. Nobody cares. It's far funnier to think that I would have faked cancer like a fucking psycho to get a job at barstool. Dave has me on Barcel Radio. We only had one Barcel Radio show back then on Sirius XM. And Big Cat comes in and it's like all the heavy hitters and they are just skewering me for faking cancer, like to get a job at barstool, and I'm so terrified. I'm like two weeks into the job. I don't have any confidence. I'm just like walking on eggshells. I don't have I don't have any understanding of like the exposure in the reach of barstool, and all of a sudden, I am the main storyline of the week. God damn and freaking out. The more I try to be like no, I didn't fake cancer, I'd see everyone's like, yeah, that's what a psycho would say. The number one like for like this.
Speaker 2: Is the worst company ever to fake cancer away for the year, for like two years after that.
Speaker 8: If you would google my name, put Francis Ellis into the search bar at Google, the next words that would populate were Francis Ellis fakes cancer, wasn't like Francis Elis, barseol sports, Francis Elis Harvard Lacrosse graduate, which it had been, and then I would ask all my friends to regoogle that to try to bump fake cancer.
Speaker 2: Down off the list.
Speaker 8: But it turns out a lot more people are interested in reading about freaking cancer than my go Crimson stats to put Crimson six ground balls against Cantius in two thousand and seven. So anyway, uh so that was just like the narrative. And then like two weeks later I ended up asking out of Sports Illustrated swimsuit model after we at a segment and that got out and got to Dave and he fucking made a mess of that, made a whole scene of that, which now it's like, okay, faked cancer. He's asking out girls that are ten ten leagues out of his league. This guy really is a psycho. And then then it just became that I was an actual psychopath. And that was when it took me like a year to be stop fighting that and then actually be like, yes, I'm a.
Speaker 4: Psycho, yeah, having psychotic tendencies.
Speaker 8: It was more like I did I something clicked where taking the reins of the narrative myself, you know, be rabbiting it a little bit all of a sudden launched, launched my tone I found like a tone at barstool, which was what led me to start writing longer blogs that were more personal, because up to that point everyone was just kind of like, here's a story from the internet. Here's my two paragraph take on it. That's blogging at barstool. And then I was It was a year in and I over Christmas break, we had, you know, a week and a half off, and I stayed in the city to do stand up and randomly, three days in a row, I ran into Dave. One day we were sitting next to each other at a barber shop getting our haircut, just randomly. The next day was at a sports bar. We were like adjacent tables, and then the next day like at a bar at night. So I wrote a blog titled I spent my Christmas Break becoming best friends with Dave Portnoy, and our exchanges in those moments were no more than ten words, Hey Dave, how are you good? Good to see you. Happy Holidays.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 8: And then I wrote two thousand words extrapolating this into a friendship completely imagined from my side, but indicating how little we'd actually corresponding. But what I thought Dave's words meant even though he said so few and this was a light bulb moment for me at barstool, and I started following that just writing like personal blogs, kind of where I would imaginatively and very neurotically extend small exchanges or like interactions with co workers into a long piece. And that is kind of what I do to this day.
Speaker 2: Beautiful, did you have a shout at the swimsuit model? Did she ever respond to anything?
Speaker 8: Here's what happened you hear? Okay, there were three of them that came in to promote the launch of the new sports illustrated magazine that was coming out. They were Daniel Harrington, who got the cover of the next year.
Speaker 2: Fuck.
Speaker 8: I can't remember the other two, but they're they were awesome and I'm sorry I can't remember them. But anyway, I did a show with them. I sat down. I was doing some dumb show called the Saturday sit Down where I just played this like awkward, bumbling character like Chris Farley. Bit yes, yes, and yes. I had the three of them on and they're like the most stunning women alive. And there I am just fumbling around and being embarrassed.
Speaker 2: And whatever.
Speaker 8: But during that I remember like Daniel Harrington was sitting on the couch with me and she like was laughing more than the other two. And at one point, like she laughed and like touched my knee and I was like.
Speaker 2: It's over rocked up quick, ah, the mother of my children. We finally meet.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the search is over ye and we uh So afterwards I went up to one of her friends who was stuck sticking around, and I was like, Hey, is is Dan Do you know happen to know if Daniel's like single? And she was like, I don't know why I want me to ask for you? And I was like, I don't know. I thought she was really cute, like uh you know, and she's like here, take she goes take my number and I'll find out for you. And I was like okay, and we exchange numbers. But I think she was in that girl was in a relationship. So then the next day they fly to Houston to do the like pre super Bowl party for maxim maybe and Dave goes with them. He's on the plane with them. They all go down, they go to this party. At the party, one of the girls goes up to Dave and is like, keep in mind, this is like four weeks into me working at barstool.
Speaker 2: Still there. Oh, it's it is psychopath. Yeah.
Speaker 8: So Dave. One of them goes up to Dave at the party and is like, do you know your employee Francis And he's like barely why, And she was like, well, I think he's got a crush on my friend Danielle or something. He he asked me to find out if she was single or something like that, and Dave is like, get the fuck out of here, and and uh and then she and then she's like they're laughing about it, and she ends up dming me and going the you know the girl who's number right or maybe she texts me and she goes, hey, I asked Danielle. She says she's interested. Shoot her a DM and like tell her all about yourself. And I'm like but but I like, luckily I smelled I smelled a rat. And I was like, uh, they're trolling me. And I was like no, I don't. I don't think that's a good idea. And she's like trust me, girls love that, and I'm like ah. Meanwhile, Dave is like over their shoulder trying to like lay this trap. Then he calls Frankie Brelly, who at the time was his cameraman for the All the Pizza reviews, and it is down there with him and he's like, Frankie, come over here, we have to do this. And Dave goes on his camera and he's like.
Speaker 2: Get this world.
Speaker 8: Ginger Francis, who's only been here for a cup of coffee, faked cancer to get a job at Barstool, is now asking out Sports illustrated swimsuit models, the hottest women in the world, who are so out of his leg Who does he think he is, Like this fucking psychopath. He's telling that to the girls and like, uh. And then he posts that on Twitter, this is this is.
Speaker 1: I remember.
Speaker 8: It was like a Saturday night or something and I'm down in Philly hanging out with some very dear friends. We're out to dinner and all of a sudden, my phone is exploding for the fifth time in a month. Things going everywhere.
Speaker 2: Uh. And then and then the.
Speaker 8: Editor in chief at the time, or I think I think he was k Marco. He's like, dude, you need to get to a laptop and blog blog this immediately. So I had to leave the dinner. I had my bag, my backpack with my laptop in it, and I had to leave the dinner to go to like a fucking Starbucks at like nine pm. Well gone write this blog being like, Okay, yeah, I thought we hit it off. Maybe she touched my knee, but like you know, you never know. You don't ask, you don't dance, like you know, I'd rather I'd rather have the rejection than spend a lifetime wondering, you know, what could have been and like shoot or shoot blah blah blah. And like the fucking audience kind of rallied around that a little bit. They were like, yeah, yeah, why is Dave Cock blocking friends?
Speaker 1: Which is the.
Speaker 8: Worst thing that could have happened, because when you when you turn the tide against Dave a little bit, then he really starts to bring out the tools and then he started like deconstructing the whole thing. He revealed that I had also DMed this other girl, who.
Speaker 2: Was like, how do you know you DM this other girl?
Speaker 8: Because I think I think that I don't know the answer to that.
Speaker 2: When the Internet starts to take it out, respond maybe they that no, no, but I'm not gonna say I think they were hooking up and I didn't know it.
Speaker 4: Wait, girl and the girl and so you DM the girl.
Speaker 2: Without knowing that she laying in bed with Dave going to look at this.
Speaker 8: Yes, Oh, I think that's what happened.
Speaker 4: People think New York is such a big place. It's really not.
Speaker 8: Well, it was my mistake. Had appeared on barstool stuff, but as a guest. And by the way, that is.
Speaker 2: So funny your face.
Speaker 8: My DM, I think was, Hey, I have a show at Barstool called the Saturday sit Down?
Speaker 2: Do you want to do it?
Speaker 8: I don't know that it is like, I don't I don't know if I have simple was like eight years ago. I could try to find it, but I probably deleted it for my own sanity. You do any of you know all this? Do you remember any of this?
Speaker 2: Jared has never sat in on a bus An episode, but he could not wait because you are his favorite. I appreciate that, Jared. That's very kind.
Speaker 4: We'll get Jared on the MICA a little bit.
Speaker 2: He said, you, guys, does you see Jared in the back? Yes? Yes, I do.
Speaker 4: Yes, so so, so, how do you find out that Dave knows about this?
Speaker 8: Damn do you He called me on the on the radio show and he's like, you guys are getting behind Francis and saying shoot or shoot. But he has a tendency to do this with girls. He DMS people that are like loosely affiliated with barstool and it's really unprofessional. Here are here he is asking out this girl or.
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 8: Do you know I didn't know. I didn't know that he didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Dave knew that before you went on the radio show. He brings you on. You sit there waiting on the phone, and by the way, and you can hear him saying this, not on the phone.
Speaker 8: He's there. This is when we all worked together. And not only that, Big Cat's in there, and Big Cat is waiting for his turn to fucking knock me a new one because he was mad at me for he Big Cat is incredible at networking, you know, and I think that's like his biggest quiet strength. And he will work a long game to get amazing guests on Pardon my Take, And he's so good at like finessing it over a long period of time. Because this was this was I was the thirty ninth employee at barstool. And this was at a time when yeah, pardon my take was getting big, but they couldn't just like put I don't know if they were at a point ye where they could just put in a call to like JJ Watt and be like, come do the show. You know, at that time, it was like JJ Watt is six months off from us being able. We're starting to kind of get the ball roll.
Speaker 4: They're they're putting seeds out there, their tweeting at him whatever.
Speaker 8: So they had just had Ryan Lochtey on Pardon my Take, and he was a big deal at the time. He had just had he just come off the Olympics. He'd had this crazy like scandal come out about him, Yes swimmer about him like saying he got robbed at a gas station and do you guys remember that? But it turned out that that hadn't been what happened. But anyway, so he was like a big personality. And Ryan Lockey came into the office did pardon my take? And I had asked, big cat, is there any chance I can shoot something that I have a funny sketch. I had started doing this thing called this is Barstool that were like that this is Sports Center commercials, and I had a funny idea to shoot with Ryan Lockedy and Big Cat was like, look, I don't want to step on your toes, but like this is a very kind of delicate guess that we worked really hard to get and all he has time for is this there it is, and and like, I'd appreciate it if you didn't do that. And I was at a point where I was like I need to do everything I possibly can, and I just was like really hungry to make content and I kind of just didn't listen to Big Cat. So I then grabbed Ryan Lockety as he came out of the elevator. He didn't I think. I told his producer or whatever, like I have this idea and she was like okay, sure, And I had printed out my own headshot and I said, hey, Ryan, can you sign this? And he was like sure, but this is a picture of you and I was like yeah, I know, and then he was and he signs it and then he hands it back to me and I'm like, no, that's for you, and he goes but I just signed it, and I go, yeah, now everyone knows it's yours. And then he's like completely confused and walks out. And that was the whole thing. He didn't know what we were going to do. Oh yeah, there was the original DM that I sent to the swimsuit model. It was great working with you yesterday. I know you're off to Houston, but when do you get back? Want to go boxing? Because she had said she goes to she does like boxing as like a workout, yes, not like hey want to fight each other. I have a history of concussions.
Speaker 2: So go easy.
Speaker 8: So she responded, no, she didn't because that was all then. Then it was all going through her friend.
Speaker 2: She might be on the joke or maybe dide.
Speaker 8: She got the she got the she got the cover the next year, Daniel Harrington, she got the cover.
Speaker 2: That that's her. Yeah, that's who you asked out. Shooter Shoot Brother, Shooter Shoot. I made T shirts in the merch store called shooter Shoot. Really yeah, how they do? I think? Okay?
Speaker 8: Not great? But we hadn't hunted in the Sports Illustrated font So that was the subtle hat tip to it.
Speaker 2: So big Cat found out.
Speaker 8: Big Cat found out about that, so and and and to his credit, like he he was not thrilled and totally understandably so and so he was in the radio room. Once Dave was done berating me for like, I can't ask out girls that are like coming into barstool to shoot stuff because it's really unprofessional, which is true. Then Dave, Yeah, there it is. Uh then Dave uh or excuse me, big cat. Then I think weighed in maybe about the Ryan lochtey thing or was also just like piling on. You know, I'm sitting next to Glennie Balls and it's like what is he doing in here?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 8: And They're all just like taking their pound of flesh and I'm fucking terrified, and you know, and but there, but this was like an important learning moment for me, and it was a total trial, trial by fire, you could call it like a hazing ritual of barstool. And once I got through this, I leveled out, Like I started to settle into the job. And as I said, like eight or nine months later, I found that long form tone thing that you know, started to see my job met me actually do better at the work until until I got fired.
Speaker 4: So so you're working there for two weeks, for four weeks in that time, you say you have cancer. You come back and say, oh no, the DNA test got switched. I don't have cancer. Some poor woman has cancer. Then a swimsuit model comes in and you ask her out, which is wildly inappropriate for any corporation, and you keep your job. There you go, and so I'm excited to hear how you got fired.
Speaker 8: It's a great point because I did go. I did go into Dave's office at one point to this is to apologize for all of this. And his first response was like, hey, it gave me great content, Like that was his for the first words he said, and that it would take me a long time to realize that, like Dave is willing to court conflict and controversy if it's entertaining. If it's not, and it's it starts causing advertisers to pull back and costing the company money or paints the company in a bad light, that's a problem. So okay, uh that was that was That was the first whole run. And then I'm there for whatever two and a half years. I'm starting to get a little too big for my bretches. Probably, you know, I was writing well, and I had a lot of things that were going well. I got at tapped to host the breakfast show on series with Willie Cologne. We did that for like a year, year and a half. That was going well and it was interesting. I'm writing, well, i have a good video series, i have a sketch show called The Barcel Variety Hour. I'm touring for stand up like whatever. My star is theoretically rising. And I only say that because Dave at one point it was like, yeah, Francis is a fucking star. You know, they gave their giving me raises like it's just going well, right and yeah, and the commentary is starting to be, like you read a few of the comments and people are being like, how long is it until Francis leaves barstool for something better? And uh or like you know, he's gonna go to SNL or some shit, and you start to you start to drink your own kool aid and fucking feel.
Speaker 2: Yourself a little bit again.
Speaker 8: I'm young, I'm like twenty eight, twenty nine, and I'm thinking like, yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna use this as a stepping stone to my you know, stardom. And Dave knows when you start to feel that way because you're not committing as much, You're not like wearing the shield, you're not showing up on time to like, you know, some of the sponsored stuff. Whatever it is, it's it's clear. And this came to a head when we had a we had a sponsored thing at a dunkin Donuts called the Duncan Awards. We had done it the year before it was all the way out in Queen's and the year before it was like our Oscars ceremony where they painted out blog of the Year, Video of the Year, Song of the Awards, and everyone got dressed up. We were all wearing like suits and stuff. The second year they were like, we're doing it again, but there wasn't as much fanfare, and they sent out like one email being like the Duncan Awards are at this place at this time. There's gonna be a bus that takes us out there, and then the last line was like dressed to impress, and a handful of us just kind of disregarded it or didn't really know, I don't know, didn't take it seriously enough that we needed to dress up. We'd drive out there on the bus, I'd take edibles with a few people and I'm wearing a black T shirt. A bunch of people are wearing like T shirts and jeans. We walk in and Dave is on a fucking rampage, just crushing everybody who's not dressed up. I'm I'm not dressed up, And meanwhile the edibles are kicking in. I'm like, and I'm getting torn apart by Dave for being high and wearing a T shirt and all of this, and I just this is like me falling out of favor, Like this is me kind of a come to Jesus moment, Like look at how fucking stupid I look banged up in the and he just tortures me, like, you know, torches me the whole time. That was on like Monday. The next day, Real Sports with Bryant Gumbele I think on HBO releases an expose that they'd been you know, researching for weeks on barstool. It's kind of a hip piece. Things aren't good at this time. Lots of whenever a hit piece would come out, it was implicitly understood that we needed to like, yo, lower our heads, shut up, don't raise any flags, or like, don't rock the boat. Let's let this pass and we'll get back to our work. That was on Tuesday. Friday is the Friday before the fourth of July, we have a week off, I write a blog. At this time we had I had the ability to just publish my own blogs and there was no one to oversee it. And I saw a story that morning about girl in Utah who had gone missing. It was in the New York Post, it was in you know, fucking us Weekly whatever. It was kind of tabloidy salacious. She was a big fan of Call Her Daddy, which was our exploding podcast at the time. This yep, she was an outspoken sugar Daddy dating website advocate and was like on seeking arrangements and like being like, you should you know, have a guy pay for your life whatever. So, and she was a sorority sister and she'd gone missing. She'd been missing for two weeks. Her sorority sisters had alerted the FBI that she was missing, but they saw that her Instagram account had been liking photos. So it was like it was kind of a perfect storm of details that I thought the barstool audience will want to read about this, And it almost was so down the lane that I was like, why has nobody written this yet, which should have been a red flag? Why is nobody up because we we had like thirteen bloggers at that time, and we were all just like constantly fighting for the to be the first to an internet story. Yep, I write the blog. It's not funny, it's just it was just like a throw way blog. And I'm kind of like, yeah, you know this girl, here's the story. Like, let's hope she's okay, but you know, she's a big fan of Sugar Daddy website, so like, hopefully she's on a yacht somewhere with some older guy like and that she comes back in a week or so and wearing call her Daddy Merchant promotes the whatever, it's a bunch of bullshit. Two hours after I write the blog, she has found brutally murdered. This story starts turning into Barstool Sports writer Francis Ellis has written like the most tone deaf, heartless, cruel blog about a murdered girl. I get hit up. I get like four email emails in my inbox in a row from like The Daily Beast, dead Spin, all the all the usual suspects of the companies that would attack Barstool for any reason. At that time, they're like, we're writing a story about the fact that you wrote about this girl.
Speaker 2: We have three questions, One why would you have written it?
Speaker 8: Two? Did anyone else see the block before it went up?
Speaker 2: Like three?
Speaker 8: Like what do you have to say for yourself? I I'm like, oh fuck. I get a text from Dave all Caps, What the fuck is your problem? You fucking idiot? Like why would you have done this? Then he texts Our editors.
Speaker 4: Huh we've had We've had those texts.
Speaker 8: Then it's like, uh, you know, just a daily text to Mincy. I got, yeah, I get I get put in like a uh. He texts the our editor in chief and he's like, from now on, Francis says, no editorial approval, anything he writes needs to be run by you. This guy that guy with at the time was this guy Keith, and he like tweets out that I have been silenced or something like that my editorial approven So even at that point it felt like, oh, people were kind of making a joke of this, And then I like responded with like just a gift of me, like putting myself in a cone of shame or something. But then as the day progressed, I was on my I was leaving that afternoon to go meet my girlfriend's parents for the first time. Oh shit, and that woman became my wife who is now my ex wife. And I was on a train down to her family's house in Pennsylvania when I got a call from Dave and I picked it up and he was like, I hate to do this, but I don't feel like we have a choice. We're firing you. And I was like, okay, I get it.
Speaker 2: Do you explain, Yeah, this is the gift that broke.
Speaker 8: No, it was that. It was that. Yeah, and then they cut together a stool scenes to make it look like I didn't give a fuck, and it was just like goofing around. This was like a completely This was before long before I wrote the blog, probably before the Duncan Awards, you know, no shit, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Just the way that week unfolded.
Speaker 8: Good time, like different me. So anyway, oh yeah, and this guy was like really mad at me for this guy. He's one of Pat McAfee's guys that we hired, and he was mad that I had like they produced a stand up special for me and put it behind a paywall and not many people watched it, and then they were Dave was mad at me at the Dunkin Awards that they had spent money on the special and nobody watched it, and I wrote a blog apologizing for that, and then that guy got mad at me for apologizing.
Speaker 2: What no dude anyway, like is this empire?
Speaker 8: Uh No? I think he actually addressed it on Twitter in a little bit more of like a sincere way where he was like he kind of seemed more conflicted about it, where he was like, you know, I had to do it. The fact that he wrote that blog was Banana's buddy's a talented kid. I think he'll be fine, like whatever. And then Dave wrote me a text later that day after firing me and was like, for what it's worth, I wish it hadn't gone down the way it did. I actually think you might be able to like use this to a year advantage. You're in a good spot like, which meant a lot because when that happened, then the Washington Post wrote an article about it. I think People Magazine, the Daily Mail, it was everywhere, and I was just being painted as this, like, you know, the Daily Beast headline was barsol sports writer Francis Elle's slut shames a murdered girl, which is just so out of bounds. Like I didn't say anything negative about that fact. Just the fact that I mentioned she was on seeking arrangements was why they took that angle. Plus if you read the blog, you know you read it and you're like, he didn't know she was dead, Obviously there it is. And so I thought at this time that my career was over toast and I was really scared. I didn't eat for like three days, and I was just hold up at my girlfriend's parents' house, like trying to figure out what to do, what to do next.
Speaker 2: How was that first impression you get up to there, to their credit, like they're just the coolest people and we're really.
Speaker 8: Like, oh, you know, that's tough, but you'll be okay. Like they were really cool and embracing and supportive. And I got all these texts from people of the company being like, I'm really sorry that that had this happened, Like I love you know, you're a good guy, Like hold your head up. A lot of people reaching out. It wasn't like I left in a body bag from barstool, as a lot of people do, but not with maybe like this same this guy's dead to us, right, it was like after a couple of days, people were like, he made a mistake, you know, he just read it wrong. It was a dumb mistake. But I wasn't trying to like hurt anybody. And this was also like the height of cancel culture. This was twenty nineteen, so me Too movement, right before Black Lives Matter. Just like Shane gets fired off SNL a couple months I think after this happens, and then he and I became friends through that. Oh for real that the two of us had been were stand up comics who like loosely knew each other and had both just been destroyed in the public eye, very close to each other, and that was kind of where we bonded because when he got canceled off SNL, I went on Twitter and defended him and he and there were a lot of people at that time who were like afraid to do that kind of stuff, like if we throw our a lot in behind somebody that's been canceled, that's gonna come back on us. I didn't really have anything to lose.
Speaker 4: Like everyone who got canceled at that time, all their friends kind of dipped on them. Everyone kind of just like let them die. On the island that we got to preserve and protect what we have going on.
Speaker 8: I get it. It was a witch hunt in that moment, and the people who are looking to, you know, correct the world had all the power. There had not been the fatigue around cancel culture that has now developed, so you know, that was what happened to me. I got fired and then I like kind of just took a few days said okay, you know what, like I'm gonna keep trying here started uh oh. I also got some like I had a few job offers pretty quickly from like a couple blogging sites. Pro Bible reached out. They had been around early, like with Barstool, and then they kind of like I think they got sold and then they faded away. But then they were starting to come back a little and I was like, I don't really know what my next move is. So I just took some time and then I was like, okay, I need to I need to not lose whatever people are still with me, and I need to give them a place to follow me, you know, if they want to. So I started a podcast with a comedian friend of mine that was originally based around moments of failure and fuck ups and then like the redemption stories behind them. Julio Gallraadi.
Speaker 2: Julio Gallaradi, He's.
Speaker 8: Been on a lot of barstool stuff. He's a great comic. We called it Oops, and it was just about like fucking upwards and like finding ways to come back after you've just made it, yeah, after you've made mistakes. And this kind of just started to gather like a nice cult following. We were able to like, you know, generate revenue, and I was doing that and redoubling my efforts touring as a stand up and like just sort of piecing it together income and like making a making a way of it. And I did that for three years. I was out in the wild, just like hunting for whatever I could eat.
Speaker 2: And how are you guys acquiring revenue? Is that you guys both just going out and selling on your own?
Speaker 8: Yeah, just really like grassroots reaching out to brands. And then we got a an ad agency that got behind us and took a split and that was good, but we were Yeah, we did okay. And then pandemic hits and then I started making some videos in my car where I was like documenting alternate side parking. This crazy phenomenon in New York and that started going on parking. Street sweeping in New York happens on two days of the week, but in the pandemic they limited it to one day a week. And there's this crazy thing where parking spots were so coveted in New York on the street because so expensive that people would sit in their cars for the one and a half hour window that people were that the street sweeper might come by so that they wouldn't get a ticket, And then when the cleaner came by, everyone would pull out into the street. The street sweeper would clean the curb like that area where we were all parked, and then we would refile back in. But people would come up from the back, swoop in and steal the spots, which would bump everyone down the line and knock the person in the front off, and then that person would get out of their car, go back and try to fight the person in the shit. And I would be on the street documenting this crazy shit and like laughing when people would get tickets because they weren't in their car. I became friends with the guy who drove the street sweeper. He gave me a personally monogrammed Department of Sanitation, New York shirt. He came up with a name. He was Pete the Sweep, and like I had all these repeat characters and it just was this crazy little world. And then I made the traffic video where I stopped traffic on the shoulder, which went megaviral. Then Son of a Boy Dad, Roan and Sass had me on the pod and they were like, enough time, we're just gonna.
Speaker 2: See schedule the past you came, They're like, hey.
Speaker 8: We want you to do They didn't clear it.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 8: It was three years that I was away from the company, and I think it was just thought, this dude is still too toxic. We're not gonna but like people would comment on this stuff and see these videos, and I think Dave was like vaguely aware I should have one more thing. Probably six months before this, I was pitching a show to a producer in Hollywood, loosely based on my time working at a upstart digital media company, and he was like, yeah, we can make Let's make that. And he brought it to Happy Madison, Adam Sandler's production company, and they were like, yeah, we love this, but you need to get Dave and Erica on board. So then I had the unenviable task of reaching out to Dave, to whom I had not spoken in two years and whose last messages to me were the day he fired me, and be like, hey, Dave, I've pitched a show based on your company to and now Happy Madison wants to make it any interest And he was like and he called me and he was like what. And they were pretty suspicious at first, but then they liked it, and then they came on as like silent producing partners. We sold it to Village Road Show and we were like adding writers and like developing this show. So maybe that also played a part in why Dave was like, oh, he's potentially somebody who we want back. And son of a boy daed Roan, who remained my friend throughout. He's like, dude, come do the pod. We're not going to ask for anyone's permission, just come do it. They like snuck me in on a Friday. It was super weird being back in the office. I was like, am I even allowed to hear get around? This would have been probably twenty twenty one, probably twenty two, probably twenty two, and I come on, I do the pod. Tell a lot of these. We'll tell the story of the firing again. Dave sees it. At that time he's doing The Dave Portnoy Show with Eddie. The next day they do an episode where no not the next day, Eddie or somebody at Austin, Dave's producer says, Hey, do you want to come on the Dave Portnoy Show. And I'm like, holy shit, but okay, and I come on the show. You know, I'm talking to Dave, who I think was in Miami. But we're through the thing and just like kind of going over everything, and three years have passed and he's like, how long has it been, Like I've been Yeah, I've been away for three years. And he's like, wow, I mean, would you ever have an interest in coming back to work here? And I'm like, yeah, definitely. And then the show ends and te you text me and he's like, all right, you know, what do you want? And I told him what I was making and he gave me that number, and then I came back to work at Barstool No shit.
Speaker 2: The return of Francis Ellis. That's that's my How quickly were you back in the building.
Speaker 8: I think that I think that I did the Dave Portnoy Show in August. He was like, let's start you September first, and I was getting married the last weekend of August and then going on my honeymoon and he was like, oh. I told him that. He was like, okay, come in. So I started September fifteenth, No shit, two year contract.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: What was like, like, what were the biggest differences you saw being removed three years?
Speaker 2: Well, because the.
Speaker 4: Mood Chicago hasn't happened, hasn't It hadn't happened yet, but it was talking about that.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 8: Yeah. So mainly Dave not being in the office was the big difference, better or worse? I think good and bad. I think that when he was there it galvanized a lot of people coming to work. You were like, I need to fucking do shit, But you also felt like I might end up on the radio answering for DMS to a swimsuit model.
Speaker 4: So make sure you do shit and not too much.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And at this point when I came back, I would say it was just like way more relaxed, but the pace had slowed. And this was also when they were really gearing the company to be purchased by a gambling company, so the gambling content had become king and it just kind of was like, I don't know, it felt more corporate to me in a way because by and large my tenure at Barstool the previous time had been in that smaller office, which was just a pressure cooker.
Speaker 2: You know, we were.
Speaker 8: All at this point and now exactly right, so now no, Now there were like four hundred and there were all these people upstairs who were doing like gambling liaison and and production and marketing and all this, and it was just like a real it felt like a tech company at that point. And yeah, just people weren't like people weren't looking for a way to like make a make content by like fucking ringing someone else's neck. And that was definitely like, oh you can, you can, we can relax. It's not as mean anymore. But that had been an interesting element that a lot of people utilized, and I didn't see that come back until I would say, uh, Ohio's Tate started doing his thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, people talk about all this is the old barstool, this is the style.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what was it deal with him and Kelly? Why did they get into it.
Speaker 2: I think Tate brought up something with her OnlyFans. No, well, no, please tell the story that.
Speaker 8: I Kelly and I no key, that might have been a small part of it. But Kelly and I had been given the Barcel Radio, which Kevin had been doing but didn't want to do anymore because it was cannibalized his listenership of KFC Radio. They handed it off to us. Uh, we were just kind of doing it. And then and then Ohio's Tate writes, Kelly said something offhand as a joke on the show about how like people were talking about like why doesn't why don't they come in on Fridays? And Kelly made some joke about like I don't want to do my makeup on Fridays. But it was a total joke, and I like working from home on Fridays, she said. And Tate seized on that and like was like, oh, Kelly doesn't want to work on Fridays because she doesn't want to have to put makeup on.
Speaker 2: And this is the part where he's just contracted out to write blogs. Yeah, yeah, he was still a teacher at like right school high school basketball coach is a lunatic. Yeah, I like him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I like Kelly too, but yeah and wild Man and so and both of them are are I would say, are good at at at being able to like just go for each other's jugular. Kelly's, you know, she's pretty Deflnnie like she'll she'll take it, but she can also really give it. So anyway, uh, they they get into it because of this, and then everyone's expecting Kelly and me to talk about the fact that he attacked her on the show, but I turned I told her, I was like, I don't. I don't really want to get into this. I don't think this dude matters. He was a teacher. He was blogging like one blog about the Browns a week. I didn't know. I didn't even know he was a real person, do you know, kind of I'm exaggerating, right, But he was like, he wasn't full time. He blogged under a pseudonym, and I don't I didn't know where this blog about Kelly had come from. I didn't know why out of nowhere he was like writing an attack blog. So I was like, let's just let this go, and we did. And then they were mad at us for not doing making it a thing and then then it turned into a whole thing, and then Dave fired me and Kelly from the show, and that was what spawned the Unnamed show because they were like, we need real attack dogs.
Speaker 2: Because Nate was trying to.
Speaker 8: Couldn't be better And then yeah, exactly, and so that was like a I guess a tough week because people were just making fun of us, but I didn't at that point, I like, I just didn't care. Yeah, fired, I've had I'm in a unique position at Barstool. Well it's me and Minci where a lot of people at the company fear losing the job because it's a great job and it's one of one. There is no other company, not one where we can do what we do, where we can write about a haircut we got, or and have this gigantic pre baked audience that Dave and Big Kat and Kevin built and you know who have these like stars like you guys who are willing to have us on and and and just you know, it's incredible and with literally no job expectation. The job is make stuff and if it works, we'll keep you. If it doesn't, you're gone. But there's no, it's no, it's it's it's the most vague, vacuum oriented job I've ever had in my life. There's no I don't have a daily checklist of things to do. I don't have you know, hours, I don't have a fucking outfit that I have to wear to work. I don't know. I don't even have a desk. It's a it's it's as nebulous as it could possibly be, and there's so much freedom, which can make it hard. It can make it for some people. It can make it like I don't know what to do. I wish someone was overseeing this a little bit more and like pushing me. But for me, it's like, you know, I don't know, really know when inspiration is going to strike. And you know, I got asked as a Bubble person to fill in for Stu Finer on surviving Barstool ended up, you know, creating huge controversy there, and then was able to write blogs about it for a week which were just like so easy to me, for me to write, and I had so much fun writing those and writing about you guys, and like, people I know can fucking take it and they are gonna like.
Speaker 4: The blog you did on us was incredible I tell.
Speaker 2: Them as last night, I was like, I don't think I've ever heard the analogy of like having a snowman. Thing with my eyes being so.
Speaker 8: Small, I said, a snowman made entirely of buttons. Yeah, because most snowmen will have coal and this kid had run out.
Speaker 2: This kid had to run out just use buttons to make Yeah, dude, I was reading that. Yeah. I was like, oh god, because what was funny is you posted that blog and we were just on the phone for probably a good I had you on the phone for forty minutes, just talking straight, just talking surviving strat Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, just to the point where it is.
Speaker 2: Like I got to bounce all right, all right, Will.
Speaker 8: Will thought I had access to a fucking time machine to go back and do it.
Speaker 4: All over the right you kids, will at the right time. Yeah, stuck a strategy.
Speaker 2: It's so much. I'm consumed by this show.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's awesome. And I guess my point being people who know that this is a great job and feel very fortunate as we are, don't there their biggest fear is losing the job. Right Understandably, that happened to me. I lost the job. I got fired, I got humiliated on of my own.
Speaker 2: Doing on a national scale.
Speaker 8: I never would have thought the Washington Post would deem my mistake worth publishing in their fucking newspaper, you know. And so I I had. I had the worst thing happen with the retina, not the worst, but like the catastrophe happened right, and it took me three years, but I came back from it. So now a lot of the fears that I used to have, a lot of the things that used to piss me off, the little comments, the feedback, the reddit.
Speaker 2: It just it doesn't make as much noise. It doesn't move the needle for me. Makes it kind of nice, right, It's that is nice.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it is nice, and I and I feel safer. I mean, Dave, you know, joked on the unnamed show about you know, to close the loop on the new contract hanging over my head as I entered surviving barstool. Dave joked about on the unnamed show because they were giving him shit for it. How I got the email right after I got eliminated the show gave Dave the idol and I had a new contract in my inbox which I've been waiting for, and he revealed that. Some months ago, I had texted Dave and said, hey, can I call you. I have something important to talk to you about. And I called him and I said, look, here's the deal. I'm getting divorced. I have to move out of my apartment. I don't know if I should stay in New York City. At this point, I had like two months left on my contract. I was like, I don't know if I should stay in New York. I don't know if I should move to Chicago. I don't know if you want to keep me on here. And I know that this is way ahead, but I just need your help. I need some clarity in my life because I need to know where to sign a lease. And I'm kind of like, I just my life is in free fall right now. And in that moment, he was like, I'm really sorry to hear it, but you're in great standing. We have full intention to renew you. You're doing good stuff. And that meant the fucking world to me, just as it did when he fired me and sent that text to like, just give me a little nudge of like, And this is why, like a lot of the time, I know Dave is a very controversial figure to a lot of people, but off the camera, off Mike, people will ask me like, what's he really like? What do you think of him? And my answer is so resolute. He he means a lot to me and he's done a lot for me. And I get like a little emotional thinking about it. But in my worst moments of all people, Dave has lifted me.
Speaker 4: So he's got any unique way of being supportive home?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's got up. You know, he's got a heart. So uh you bubbling up? Almost got a little tear in my Yeah. Yeah. Oh well, now have you been doing? You're obviously a very funny cat. You're a comedian like you laugh a lot, you do all the things, You're traveling everywhere. But to go off that you mentioned getting divorced, being in your lowest moments, and I also saw you on New Year's post on your story. I don't know if you were trying to be funny as well, but I knew that there were some serious behind it where you're like sitting on the stairs and you're holding you're drinking, You're like everybody's out there. I don't feel like I have any type of conversation to offer. Yeah, how have you been doing.
Speaker 8: Look, you know, I don't think it's any secret that for however I present on paper, I would say my brain is both my like my great tool and my most malfunctioning piece of equipment. I'm emotional, I'm sensitive. I'm prone to real bouts of depression, and I've been pretty open about this. And obviously, you know, going through divorce sucked. My ex wife is remains my favorite person in the world. We are great friends to this day, which is a weird and unique parallel I think between me and Dave because he says the same about his x Y. But it still made it very hard. You know, I lost my infrastructure, I lost my world. I had to move out, and I was just kind of like totally lost. And the past year, the last half of this year was just a nightmare.
Speaker 2: It sucked.
Speaker 8: And it wasn't until I like really took some serious steps to writing the Ship that I finally felt like some hope again and whatever. And that post that I posted on New Year's I was texting with Sass and I was like, Dude, New Year's Eve is the worst fucking holiday ever. I don't remember a time that I didn't feel shitty on New Year's Eve and he was like, he responded the same, and I took a picture. I was sitting in a stairwell to get away from the party, just sipping a tequila soda, and I was like, I'm literally sitting in a stairwell by myself to avoid all these people who are like happily reflecting. And my entire Instagram timeline was filled with carousels of people being like, what a great year twenty twenty four was. Here's what I did. I traveled to Venice, I got engaged, we got pregnant. I did this. I had leaps forward in my life and I was like, I bet you there's a lot of people out there that do not look fondly on the last year of their life. And I wrote this caption. I started just writing it and it was like a little bit sad and kind of self pitying, and initially I was just trying to make it funny, and then I ended it with this sort of optimistic look forward of like, here's to all the people for whom twenty twenty four sucked, but who continue to believe that somehow next year may be our year. And I wasn't going to post it because I was drunk, and I was like, don't post drunk on Year's Eve. Don't like writing something that is like whiny and petulant and you know, sad. But the thought that people might relate and feel like, you know, there's another person out there whose content I consume, whose life has sucked to and who hates this holiday, is not feeling great right now, but is looking forward. Maybe that'll resonate. And I posted it. It is the most viewed Instagram story I've ever had. I've two hundred and sixty thousand followers. One hundred and forty thousand people saw that story. I got thousands of dms from people being like, dude, this was the worst year of my life. Wife of twenty years hit me with divorce papers out of nowhere, took the two kids, like I didn't see it coming, lost my job, like got relapsed on a drug. Whatever it's been hell. This means a lot to me. I'm there for you, You're there for me, And like those are messages.
Speaker 2: You don't think about.
Speaker 8: You just think you're a fuck. I think I'm a clown in the wind, you know, writing my dumb blogs doing I don't think my job is important. I don't think I'm doing a lot. I'm not some motivational speaker, some leader of men. But to get DMS like that, you know you're it, doesn't It makes me think that being honest online can be helpful.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's a different level of vulnerability though, when you have the following you do and you decide to be that kind of vulnerable, because then there's always the fear of like what if it isn't received the way you wish it was received?
Speaker 2: Totally?
Speaker 8: And yeah, I I by the way I approach it with humility. I don't. I don't think I'm on a pedestal rehabilitating the frayed nerves of some lost army of poor souls. I I know that I'm just like all these people. I'm flawed and broken, but you know, fuck it, man, life can be tough, but like, don't don't give up. Yeah that's it is that simple, Just keep trying.
Speaker 2: I think that authentic, authentic city is awesome because also in the in the interesting too, it's like the season of Tires comes out like you're doing well in comedy, Like you would assume looking at Francis on the outside, that everything is.
Speaker 4: More than even the way you talk about divorce, it's like you almost talk about it. At least when I saw you it surviving, you'd be like, yeah, divorced, but you just kind of let it roll off to where I walk away from the conversation. I'm my damn Like I would not be feeling that way if I was being divorced right now. But it seems like Francis is really just taking everything had joke about it just to get it left.
Speaker 8: It's a coping mechanism. I think a lot of of us do that, especially comedians, want to assign humor to tragedy as a way of not, you know, showing themselves. But I'm very lucky in that my ex wife is a great person and we were able to navigate it without fangs and claws and and somehow remain great friends throughout. So, you know, all credit to her, and I am now to a point where I can speak more positively about the experience. And but you know, for a while, I was just like, Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's interesting when you kind of just going through life and seeing a bunch of people and you think, all this person's doing great, this person's not doing great, and you can kind of like feel it in that moment and you kind of realize that, like everyone truly is going through something like my twenty twenty four I had a lot of shit that I could I think it's like how you feel it, how what lends you decide to look through it is because there's a lot of good things that happen in twenty four for me, But at the same time, there's like five or six things I could probably look at and be like, god, damn, I could easily frame twenty twenty four is a bad year, and it's like all like a how you view it type of thing, And I mean there's some things you can't come back from. There's some things like the damn as you're getting that are like, holy shit, twenty years married, someone just slaps your divorce papers, relapsing on a drug, those types of things or are massive nothing like I had. But it's just sometimes you have to like try and do your best look at something in a positive light, regardless of how bleak it might seem.
Speaker 2: Totally totally uh and what choice do we have, right?
Speaker 8: Do you know what I mean? Like we are creators. We have you guys have two podcast episodes a week. That need to be on time.
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 8: I you know, as as much as I know Dave would give me the leash to take a couple of weeks to fucking lick my wounds, I don't. I don't want to disappear from the conversation. I know that this fucking river keeps flowing with or without you. So in the face of you know, real shit, you gotta bear up and make stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like the sun's gonna rise. Yeah, no matter what, it was gonna move.
Speaker 8: So you know, I just hit my marks and tried to keep doing the job. And I would say more than anything, almost the job was what like gave me purpose and continuity and ructure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and just a break from you know, the hell you're in outside of those walls.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you sharing that with us.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Absolutely. Uh. I don't really have any reason anymore to hide much. I don't know why I've kind of reached this like terminal velocity of transparency, and uh, I'm not I don't know why I did that. I mean, I know that there are some things that I should probably keep private, but honestly, when you when you get the messages, I almost feel like I owe it to people to, like, you know, like a while people.
Speaker 2: Are watching, people are following along pretty closely and resonate with the words you're saying. Yeah, and they don't just see you as you know, the clown show that you have fantasize in your head, like people expect me just to be funny all the time.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, And I think it also just lends depth, depth to sort of the character that I've developed, and as funny as it is to pay me as a sociopath and a psychopath, like reminding people that I have empathy and be sad as if people actually thought I was a real legitimate sociopath. It's kind of funny.
Speaker 4: If it's put out there, people believe it. People still think I did Jeffrey Starr to this moment. In this moment, I mean, we had a night in.
Speaker 8: A couple entanglements, but dude, living in that gray area is the sweets kind of fun. I gotta tell you one thing I've learned and keep sucking Dave's dick is something he taught me. He's like the greatest compliment I've ever been given is when someone was like, I don't know where Dave Portnoy, the person ends and El Presidente starts. He's blended his character with who he is so seamlessly that you kind of just take it all as one. And that gives you so much license and like playground to work with because nothing's off limits and people will laugh when they're nervous, when they're unsure if you're kidding or not. And I love I love that. Like my favorite content I've ever made is stuff that like draws a line and causes people to like argue both sides and neither side really knows if I'm kidding. That's the traffic video. Yeah, it's me stopping traffic and being like, I'm a hero. You can't cut and half the world is like, thank you, you are a hero. Finally someone stood up. I've always been too scared to do that. And then the other half are like, fuck you, I'll kill you if you ever do this in Detroit, and like how dare you?
Speaker 2: You? You know?
Speaker 8: Hall monitor God, and you just step back, you step back, and you them to me like decipher what they've seen through their own lens. It's like looking at a very confusing painting, yeah, and being.
Speaker 2: Like this is what I see and your close close fans are laughing because they understand the masters well they do, and they don't like it doesn't really matter, they can as long as it just like moves something.
Speaker 8: Yeah, makes them feel the need to like weigh in. Yeah, you've you've provoked something, You've stirred something. That's my favorite, dude.
Speaker 4: One of my favorite things about Dave is his ability when shit is like hitting the fan, like the sex tape thing during twenty twenty, the whole like Me to cancel culture thing like Dave is the perfect person to cancel and anything that came up at any point, it would be like he instead of like having a like statement put out like every other celebrity did, he would just get in from of a camera and be like, this happened. This is what actually happened. I can show receipts for this and basically just fight against the resistance of whatever people were trying to bring them down for. Yeah, and that I think that stirred up a lot of things. You see Shannon Sharp the way he had with his little Instagram live, he ends up going to talk about it right away as opposed to getting behind lawyers or whatever might have possibly happen, and Dave's a big reason why people are now just getting in front of things when they know they've done nothing wrong.
Speaker 8: I agree. I think he's earned that. That's a that's a tough thing to build, where it's like, we expect you to address everything head on. You know, he said on the Unnamed show, who was he talking about? I think he was talking about Grace leaving and someone was like, no, Nda, you can talk about this, and he goes, I'm not an NDA guy. Everything's on the table for Davey, you know. And I think that has infused in me, as I say, I have not I'm complete transparency. That's just like being groomed in the school of barstool. But like it would be so antithetical to who we know Dave to be if something came out about him or another person and he was like, I can't talk about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what I mean? Yeah, yeah, I don't even know what antithetical means, but I think I picked it up through the sentence he was saying.
Speaker 8: Smooth, who know him to be?
Speaker 4: Yeah, antithetical is a great word, thank you, phenomenal. The whole vocabulary is awesome. But yeah, David is just enough of an asshole, but he's like he stands on everything he says. He doesn't do anything behind closed doors. So with the no NDA thing, it's like, y'all, go ahead, antithetical that that popped up for you appreciate that with him, Like, yeah, the no NDA thing, it's like, yeah, Dave has nothing to hide behind because he's the same person everywhere. Yeah, so there's no there's no reason to be like you got to hide this, that and the other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right, should we should we pivot? Let's pivot. I kind of want to ask you about the uh, the Las Vegas bombing.
Speaker 4: Oh god, okay, have you listened to Sean Ryan podcast at all? No, have you do into this world at all?
Speaker 8: Conspiracies eries?
Speaker 2: Not really?
Speaker 8: I don't what was it a conspiracy theory? However, what would you what would you call that world? I don't know, so I'm not I'm not calling him a conspiracy theorist. I assumed that that's what you meant, like, let's say, alternative explanations for phenomena that is to us.
Speaker 4: I had no idea Will was going to do that. I kind of jumped in in like an improv sense. Of being like, let's just keep this going, so we'll go on.
Speaker 2: I just feel like I feel like it was we were coming to a point where we could pivot the conversation totally. I feel like the talk, the talk of the internet has been that Vegas bombing. Was it like an inside job, a reverse sy y op? The car blowing up the frame by frame? Was the guy dead?
Speaker 8: Is he really dead?
Speaker 4: Have you looked Have you looked into this stuff at all?
Speaker 8: Can I be honest with you. I do not like watching videos of people dying.
Speaker 2: So there's a rumor that he was potentially already dead. And the smart car drove itself up there real quick. And you never went through like the Gordon dot com you know what?
Speaker 8: That ship and that by the way, every.
Speaker 2: Guy, two Girls, one cup.
Speaker 8: I hate that ship. People would prank me with it. They'd be like, dude, check out this video of my kickflip.
Speaker 2: And then it's a girl sh every kid, every kid, guy, it's just salad right now paying Olympics. No, no, fuck, all of that there was all that.
Speaker 4: I feel like, did you went through that too?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe in Nebraska you and the boys get together and it's like for whatever, reason somebody pulls pulls a laptop and do just fucked up videos.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, somebody shooting a NERF a NERF football out of there, pussy. Hey, you guys have seen that, right. I love how you whispered pussy. That is so funny.
Speaker 4: Okay, So here's a quick breakdown from what I've gathered on the New Orleans thing. This guy who was in this like was in the army, was in like a green beret one of those branches.
Speaker 8: This is New Orleans.
Speaker 4: What did I say, You said New Orleans. Okay, well, he was also in the same branch. However, I am I was talking about Las Vegas. This guy was apparently based on the Sean Ryan podcast that we watched. Somebody sent his guests and emails. I'm assuming it's this guy Alex, who is like, I'm I know all this information. I'm going to do X, Y and Z do not release any of this stuff till January January first, or until after December thirty first. So January first happens. And I guess what people are trying to say now is that this was not a terrorist terroist attack, the Las Vegas thing.
Speaker 2: It was actually like.
Speaker 4: A a reminder or like a there was not like ill intent of like blowing something up because you're gonna take a tesla that Elon Musk essentially essentially brags saying.
Speaker 2: This is bulletproof.
Speaker 4: Joe Rogan shoots an arrow, doesn't even barely dent the whole entire thing and sets off fireworks, and then this guy gets charred inside of it. So the guy they say that did do this, they took the charred body of the tesla and pulled the DNA from him, and the DNA against the alleged guy who did it, Sono, the DNA did not match at all. So they're thinking this this whole little something about October seventh, like anything. He wants chiming show bro the gun as well. Suream, you had a great point about go ahead and grabbed that, Mike. What was the point about the desert eagle?
Speaker 7: So in forensics they said in every case that there was a suicide attempt with a desert eagle upon the person losing their life. A desert eagle is such a high caliber pistol it would launch out at the hand. They were like twenty feet almost The pistol was found in his lap in the car, so they were saying, that's pretty much impossible unless it hit off a bunch of different surfaces and then just landed.
Speaker 2: In his lap, which I mean, I mean JFK, right is what I read. It feels like the yeah, allegedly either way, like the best part of this. I know I brought the Sean Ryan thing. I didn't. I haven't gotten to listen to everybody's like, go listen to the first thirty to forty five minutes, So I've just seen the cliff the cliff notes on X and in my mind, I'm thinking of Francis. I'm sure Francis has a little has a little angle or a thought on the conspiracy s of because everybody's playing there's so many different conversations going on around it on if Sean Ryan's kind of he's got fake stuff going out there, if it's real, like all the sides are coming out, all the sides are coming out to where I have no clue what's.
Speaker 4: Real, no idea what's real.
Speaker 2: But that's the fun part about podcast.
Speaker 4: You can have to say things and hope that somebody who's in the comments knows more than you do. Sure, and you see a fun comment on YouTube in a little bit that I can now digest and say.
Speaker 2: Next week, and you hope the guest talks more than we do so we don't sound like.
Speaker 4: It're like, oh, because we don't want to be those guys right now. Also, New Orleans, Bourbon Street, they have barricades where cars can't.
Speaker 8: Get to.
Speaker 2: The dudes who just drove through the street. Usually those barricades are up and protected of that. For some reason, they were down that night getting.
Speaker 4: Reinforced for the super Bowl. But why would they get reinforced the night before?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the bulgeme. Do you think that's a coincidence?
Speaker 8: What do you think, Golle?
Speaker 2: Do you think we're safe in America right now? What do you think of the drones off the coast?
Speaker 8: Is taking a real twist? Speaking of Twisted t.
Speaker 4: One, normal stuff, phenomenal stuff. Twisted question this week is brought to you by Twisted Tea. Is a government fucking us?
Speaker 2: Francis?
Speaker 8: You know, Look, I think I think I sort of process a lot of this stuff the same way that I feel about you know, alien lifes and UFOs and stuff like that. I bet that some of the conspiracy stuff or alternative explanations from what the media tells us are true or there's a kernel of truth to them. Do I want to find out the truth?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 8: I want. I live such a short amount of time on this earth. Choosing I have enough problems in my own brain. Choosing willful ignorance as opposed to finding and hunting for the absolute correct truth is a more blissful way for me to live. Because if I did learn through hunting through files and fucking the local library and whatever, that the government had removed the barriers on Bourbon streets so that some lunatic could mow down a bunch of people, Like, what am I gonna do?
Speaker 2: What? What? Then? Right? And then if you're too If yeah, then you're the one who gets killed.
Speaker 8: Or do I do I become a soapbox guyde? Do I do I stop what I'm doing and devote my life to pulling back the curtain? Do I join a secret and live with this sickening truth that I know about my government in America? That do I?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 8: I'm not thrilled with the American government and our leaders and all that, But like, if I believe that they're killing our own citizens intentionally, my god, then what what do I do. Do I apply for citizenship somewhere else? Do I try to muster some like sect to foment insurrection, to stage a coup? What am I supposed to do? What do I do? Does anyone give a fuck that I know? This?
Speaker 2: Am I the guy?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So do you think the government is in on it?
Speaker 4: Flip a coin.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what he's saying. He doesn't want to get doesn't want to We all love to flirt and try to find out just enough to where you almost get to that point you're like, let me fall back a little bit. This is getting a little too Yeah, I'm getting a little too loney about it.
Speaker 4: To me, it's like I am the ultimate optimist when it comes to like bat like, kind of like Burt when Bert's like, people die, but maybe I don't die. I'm not that dramatic, but I'm like, these things are happening. It's like okay, but like nothing really has ever happened to me. I think I'm gonna be okay.
Speaker 2: Like I'm kind of thirty three years in the surface, I'm kind of moving through and I'm unscathed a little bit.
Speaker 4: All right, doesn't mean somebody should go do something but it's super interesting.
Speaker 2: All this shit is.
Speaker 4: And I'm not taking away from anybody, like obviously people tragic, people lost their lives. It's I'm not I know we're trying to like joke about. It's not fucking funny, so don't laugh.
Speaker 2: But no, I don't think we're joking about that. It's just because my life's worked out really damn good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's like people are like, hey, Taylor, this man thing can happen. I'm like, maybe, but I think I'm gonna be all right, and it kind of sometimes for the most part, works out right.
Speaker 8: I enjoy whoever they are killing is in person. We're not having to compete with anymore.
Speaker 4: So like you said that, Francis Ellis said that whoever.
Speaker 8: They're killing, and I'm not it's the Bourbon street people, but like whoever they deem if that's giving me, you know, more job opportunities, by all means, I don't think I.
Speaker 2: Want to say that what you're saying, No, that's your idea of what I said. I, however, did not say that. Ah Okay, I'm just saying sometimes I look at these crazy things and I'm like, that's fucking nuts.
Speaker 4: But then I think to myself, it's gonna be all.
Speaker 2: Right, Francs. Francis is like style and blogs on us are in real time. Right now, you're explaining yours in like the fourth grade level. He's he's explaining Harvard level. Yeah, Harvard level. Yeah.
Speaker 8: So I'm putting all I'm just putting all the smoke on him.
Speaker 4: All all that to be said, I think conspiracy theories are fun to look into. Yeah, they're fun, they're exciting.
Speaker 2: Could they be true? Yes?
Speaker 4: I your kernel analogy that was real nice, and then there's a small little piece in there that's like, Okay, there's probably some truth that turned into something. But to know everything, I feel like it would cause you to go mad.
Speaker 2: Yes. So basically what I said was, we're on the same pit. How about the Fox Sports one? I don't know if we should even talk about that.
Speaker 8: Wow, we just fucking poked holes in the truth of a fifteen person terrorist attack. But you know, joy having sex with her coworkers.
Speaker 2: It's too hot to handle, so talk about woman like moving ahead.
Speaker 4: As long as we say that, they could get us with us saying the things we just said about that stuff. It's like, oh, we're probably being sensitive in a lot of ways, but we're also aware.
Speaker 2: That we're being insensitive.
Speaker 4: If we start going at Joy or whoever, they could sue us.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, how about it crazy?
Speaker 8: Wait, I'm just saying, wait, wait, hold on a second. If you posit things under a hypothetical or like I think this might have happened, they can't sue you, right, they can't sue you for libel or slander or whatever. And by the way, the laws have become incredibly difficult to prove libel. And now it's it's the case that if if you, if you sue someone for libel, uh, you have to prove that they knowingly and willingly presented a mistruth when they knew it was a lie. So like if a paper wrote like Taylor Lawan is a terrorist, and you sued that paper, you'd have to find some email from the guy who wrote the article to his editor being like, I'm going to publish this even though I'm making the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Up, so we're safe, is what you're saying.
Speaker 8: Yeah, us being like uh, us being like a Fox Sports is crazy. Like, according to what I've read, Joy and Acho and all these people were in some weird sexual kind of power tug of war struggle that some other poor young woman got caught up in and and you know, was silenced and offered crazy money for and like you know, even if we offered some takes on that. The other part of it is like, you guys are a humorous podcast. You're probably protected under parody law, which is to say we are kidding law, we're kidding, or we can do so we can say whatever we want that we're kidding.
Speaker 2: We're just kidding. Yes, that's you're safe.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll go first.
Speaker 8: That's my understanding the law.
Speaker 2: I think it's wild number one. It's like, you know, something big comes out on a big corporation. We all feed on drama and all this chaos. I think it's funny that all of this stuff is coming out with Acho involved, because he hasn't tweeted like the last day. So it's like you're sitting back with your popcorn ready to see how all these defendants, the the White exec, Joy Taylor, how they're all going to respond to it. But it makes me think about you ever seen the did I Did I ask you this? Last night? The Morning Show?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 2: On Apple Plus. I feel like that right, there is the show that gives you a look inside what is the morning corporate media. These the corporate media companies. It's basically like Steve Fritz, all the power structure, people sleeping with other people, blackmail, just all the stuff that we all gravitate towards in like Netflix series. It's happening right now with Fox Sports one, and everybody's kind of like waiting to see how they're going to respond to all this, because clearly all the legal documentation has come out from this from this woman who's came out about everything on Skip Bayless Trey Panger one point five million dollars, that's all out there now, and everyone speculating videos are getting deleted from profiles, people are trying to use old videos to show all the different things the internet's doing, what the Internet's doing, And I'm like sitting back kind of like waiting, like, damn, how are these people going to respond in amidst all this chaos? Right?
Speaker 8: Look, there's a piece of this that makes this so unique, which is that there was a woman who was involved and knowingly involved and was using all of it for her own benefit.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 8: It's the first time I can remember that there has been a corporate sexual harassment story that's broken, which wasn't almost entirely man does bad to woman and.
Speaker 2: He'll dominate it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think what that's what makes this riper for discussion, for humor.
Speaker 2: See Joy was, you know, running the show. Yeah she was, she was moving the pieces, she was playing chess.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that is a very unique alternative to what's been usually goes on. Yes, it's just gonna be crazy to see, Like you said, how all unfolds and then the obvious Netflix documentary is eventually gonna come out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, dude, mi.
Speaker 5: Ab said nobody wanted to FuG jammel.
Speaker 2: Huh. People are so funny, who hey who here and the on the bus and squad was sweet. Would sleep with somebody to climb the ladder. Yeah, but dude.
Speaker 8: There is so sexually that I would not do to some of the most unbelievably unattractive people on earth to move forward professionally. You give me a fucking Cincinnati Bengal and you say I have to suck this dude's toe and I'll get one hundred grand more a year. Yeah, I'll fucking do it. Where does this bride ethics. Ah, get out of here, man, I'll do anything. I don't care.
Speaker 2: Would you suck dick? You know I'm sick ask you a question? Would you suck dick? Well? There you go? I mean there there is a line, I guess, but I'm with you. I'm following you.
Speaker 8: But you know you got something completion. Yeah, see that's tough. Now do I have to take it down the gullet?
Speaker 4: I'm sure you could. I'm sure it's fit.
Speaker 8: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: He gives a joke, you a little bit. Wow, but you get a million dollar raise for text time boy? You know?
Speaker 8: Look, I mean, fuck man? Am I crazy for like entertaining the idea? Is that hyper gay? Or hyper motivated?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Am I just that ambitious? Or really tired of inching forward by posting a post three days a week and fucking you know?
Speaker 2: Also, gag me out, dude.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, you can shit on my forehead tonight if it meant I could skip seven rungs on the ladder. I'm tired of going the scenic route on my career. Fucking jump me ahead if you're telling me I get to headline Radio City Music Hall tomorrow in exchange for one you know, post dinner dump on my forehead. Fucking hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 8: I'll get down there. I don't have that much integrity. Yeah whatever, you heard it here first?
Speaker 2: Yeah whatever, Yeah, man, I don't think i'd uh. Those are my couple of topics. Hot, hot, it's pretty good.
Speaker 4: They dump on the forehead, though, for money, that doesn't seem like a bad deal.
Speaker 8: No, that's somehow less bad than than sucking a dick.
Speaker 2: Somehow, that's obviously. Yeah, obvious.
Speaker 8: Is that obvious?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you take a shower, You're done. Think about it, man, same with blowing a guy action the completion. What's the old phrase?
Speaker 4: Do you can paint a thousand paintings? Never be called a painter? You stuck one piece her cocks.
Speaker 8: I thought you were going to say you can paint a thousand paintings, and you've still sucked a dick.
Speaker 4: There's that too, Yeah, right, and nothing. If that's your thing. If you want to suck, good for you. That's not my something.
Speaker 8: Back, We'll think of this. How many men out there have sucked a dick for no money?
Speaker 2: M great, I'm.
Speaker 8: Getting paid a million dollars. I'm the richest blow jobber there ever was right, you know, kudos to me.
Speaker 4: There is that point.
Speaker 2: That's a great point.
Speaker 8: I set my price.
Speaker 2: I did it on my terms.
Speaker 4: That mouth's not for free. Let me ask you this about filatio. Isn't it kind of obvious that men would be the best at it? Anyway about it?
Speaker 8: I think that's like, uh, that's what we all used to say, used to say, what do you mean? Well, it's like the idea.
Speaker 2: That I know what I want exactly right. I know how I would do it to myself.
Speaker 4: Since you hit puberty and you realize that this thing is not just for ping and you could mess with it yourself, and you know, you can go through a long goon session or however you're crunch for time on an elevator or something like that. I gotta get this out quick. I'm thinking too differently. I need to be clear in the head. You know how to get that done quickly. Now, it's probably similar to the same thing that you probably go through if you want to get things firing.
Speaker 8: Look, I A gooning is so funny, jelking all these terms. Have you heard of these things?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yeah, yeah, we're very advanced.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 8: I love these fucking terms.
Speaker 2: This is such a this podcast, this one specifically, Yeah, we do best.
Speaker 8: One contrary, contrary to what I may have just hinted at, I actually have no I don't know if men buy and large categorically are better at giving blowjobs than women. What I would say just saying I know what I want, so clearly I would be able to blow myself better than a woman. Women have done things with me that I wouldn't have ever imagined of, and I'm like, Wow, that's new.
Speaker 2: I didn't know. I like that.
Speaker 8: That's deranged. That stems from a poor relationship with her father. I have a great relationship with my dad. Maybe that would hold me back from maybe making my mass scare run from blowing myself, you know what I mean, treating my mouth like a vagina, Like I don't know, I don't I don't know what to say about that. That would be my take, So.
Speaker 2: On the internet, go ahead and read it.
Speaker 7: Charm on the whole this comes from Dylan said, on the whole, I'd say men give the better blow job because not only do they know what they'd like, any mansucking a dick is doing it because they genuinely enjoy it, whether it's just for the act or to make you come. I've enjoyed blowjobs off women over the years, but never had a toe curling experience like I do when a man sucks my dick.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have to edit that part out of the episode. That's the part you ended out of the episode. Welcome.
Speaker 8: I mean I I can find a flaw in this. I have a flaw in this, right, So we presume this this guy is bisexual. Uh, I think it's probably safe Fish to say that he doesn't have a fifty fifty indifference to being blown by a woman or a man. So his toe curling does that come because men are better at it? Or because he's more turned on by the fact that a guy is blowing him than a woman.
Speaker 2: Fair point, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: That was beautiful point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well said, Yeah, where do we go from here?
Speaker 4: How about Sas just taking a shot at me a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 8: I love that, and I love that I escaped Scott free because I actually deserved too.
Speaker 4: But I was so focused on SAS's body frame and now he was talking like that, I was like, this is fucking nuts.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Sas Is. You have to remember he's twenty four and has no fear of offering some theories and opinions that are.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 2: What I didn't do.
Speaker 4: What I need to do in the next six to eight weeks is I need to go to New York without telling anybody. Maybe just tell you and strip down to this like a speedo or something like that, and go into a dark room and then you bring sass in there. But hey, we'll do some content in here. You close the door behind him, and I put my hands on him for a little bit so he knows, just so he knows.
Speaker 2: I'm not no intent, but I wanted to see it. I want to. I want to pick him up, come in the air a little bit, hold him down, hold him down, say try to get out, and I'll with one hand, I'll hold him down and I'll start.
Speaker 4: A time around my phone. I'm like, you have one minute and just see how long it takes him to squirm his way out of there. Yes, yes, all that while just wearing as minimal clothing as possible.
Speaker 8: I'm trying.
Speaker 4: I think that just is a better way of going.
Speaker 2: It needs to happen, and.
Speaker 4: That's great toes my this is SaaS. Yes that then those nipples are insane, but a little bit of.
Speaker 2: Would you would you say, what did you say about Taylor.
Speaker 8: And that we call we call that the National geographic filter? Would you say a little bit? Well, then I yeah, because then I realized how stupid what I'd said was. So Fights has been quietly like working out as if he's you know, training for buds training or something like he's and he and he sent me a workout that he had done and I tried to go through it top the bottom. First of all, it took me like an hour and a half. And I'm not like screwing around on my phone, taking long water breaks, nothing. I'm going as kind of as quickly as I can. And it was all like super sets, you know, different body parts, and he was like yeah, and he kind of just said it wasn't that hard for him, and I that was It was on the heels of that that I made the comment of I was like, I think Fights might be the strongest guy at the company at this point, and I think, I said, maybe maybe even stronger than Taylor, And then Sas was like, oh, he's definitely stronger than that, and I was like then I was then I was like, I don't I don't know about that. And then I realized, I don't think I don't think fights. I don't think anyone's stronger than Taylor.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think anybody is.
Speaker 4: It's a low bar. What do you mean at the company a barstool. It's it's like, I'm not but but but.
Speaker 2: You're also strong. I think you're just like not.
Speaker 4: But to their point, I am not as strong as I used to be, not even close to as strong as.
Speaker 2: I used to be.
Speaker 8: Fair, but let me ask you this, Like, let's say that you you know, you didn't have any injury reasons for preventing you and the fucking you know, Ravens called you tomorrow and said, like we need you for wild Card weekend or whatever or like week you know, the visional playoffs. How quickly can you be game ready?
Speaker 4: Well, that's a difficult question because I'm fifty sixty pounds less than I usually am. Yeah, but if it was like look at that, Yeah, that's a unit right there, hit the backside on him, showing the backside. I mean, dude, if there was no injury issues, yeah, I'd be able.
Speaker 2: I'd be next year.
Speaker 4: Pull up a photo of Richie incognito. You want to see.
Speaker 8: Said that, fuck you have. He's a fucking terrifying body.
Speaker 4: But there's no injury issues.
Speaker 2: Go and play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that would be. That's just a unit of a man. That's a guy that you hnd him one hundred ft pound dumbells. Don't tell him what the way it is and say do twenty he'll do twenty of curls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bench press, curl whatever.
Speaker 8: Yeah he is.
Speaker 4: I don't know if he ain't curling, but he is just and that's a bad that's a fat that's a fat richie photo.
Speaker 2: That's gotta be.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but he is maybe the strongest human being I've ever been around in my entire life.
Speaker 8: Yeah, try Ritchie incognito, shirtless oil, very little clothing. That'll give us a better idea. I was kidding, but that's good.
Speaker 2: I mean he's a tank.
Speaker 8: Yeah he is a Yeah, he's.
Speaker 4: A fucking tank.
Speaker 2: That's a tough photo. Wen do a TMZ photo.
Speaker 8: So okay, Yeah, it wouldn't wait wise, it would be an issue, but be an issue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd be able to play.
Speaker 2: I mean, if there wasn't angels, I'd still be playing.
Speaker 8: What would be your prep over two weeks to get game ready from this day. No, uh, no injury issues at all. Like what would you do over two weeks? Would you start eating a ton?
Speaker 2: Would you do? Yeah?
Speaker 4: My playing left tackle? Yeah, then I'd have to eat an exorbitan amount of food. I would have to have three to four shots of olive oil a day because that's just calories. I would have three heavy calorie dense meals along with.
Speaker 2: Three shakes as well.
Speaker 4: And I bet you can gain shot proby can get thirty pounds in two weeks. Forty pounds maybe.
Speaker 8: And you're doing that while you're also doing like footwork, drills and lifting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's gonna be a hard balance when you're taking that many calories. Yeah, but yeah, I would have to do.
Speaker 2: Probably running.
Speaker 4: I think running I would do the most of because, like, I'm not as strong as I was, But if I had to compete for sixty minutes, conditioning would be a huge issue right now, So I would probably do as much conditioning as possible. I'd be obviously super rusty too pass blocking, but I think I picked that up halfway through the second.
Speaker 8: We did a thing with Justin Pugh, me and Dana beers had him and he told me that, you know, he retired, and then the next year in the playoffs, the forty nine ers called him, I think, and we're like, hey, we've had some in can you can you come? And he was, you know, twenty five thirty pounds under the weight that he was playing at. But he he was never that big at his position and was just you know, kind of quick, and so he was like he was able to get there and uh felt like he could have gone in and wasn't like that far off. No shit, Yeah, so he actually went Yeah, he was on the team.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's an interesting question.
Speaker 8: These types of shirts don't flatter me. I look like I have man boobs. I don't have man boobs.
Speaker 2: It's all right. I think he looked great, and it looks like I think he looked good. There. You obviously have thho going on, but I feel like, did he hard on?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. These gyms are chilly?
Speaker 2: These are how small is that gym is at the smallest gym ever.
Speaker 8: It's just one of those places in New York that's for like personal training exclusively got you.
Speaker 2: It was all we could kind of get well.
Speaker 4: What's it like trying to exercise in a place like New York Because I walk around there and I'm just thinking to myself, there's so much stuff going on, and they'll just see a big Planet Fitness in the corner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just that do you go there or do you like do what? The personal things like? I don't go to Planet Members. I go to Lifetime.
Speaker 8: It's like in my building, luckily, and I try to just go at like off hours.
Speaker 2: Lifetime is a nice spot.
Speaker 8: Lifetime is nice. Yeah, well put together. Yeah, I like their I like their situation. Luckily, it's actually included in my rent, so I don't even have to.
Speaker 2: Pay for it.
Speaker 4: You were saying while we were at Surviving Barcel that you'd like taking your health super seriously. What are the things you've changed?
Speaker 8: Well, you know, one of the big things that I've really taken up that I enjoy is cooking. And I like cooking really clean, really simple, and I find it like makes me in the same way that doing laundry. I find that these types of like household chores make me feel regimented, productive, structured, and like I'm taking care of myself. So I like that a lot. Being outside being like getting getting out of the city and going up to my place up state and just walking in the woods. Would not I leave my phone in the car. If anyone passes away, I won't be there. But that's a risk I'm willing to take for a two hour walk through the woods. Yeah, just like listening to the fucking wind leaves all that shit and thinking, you know, and then yeah, a lot of it is like you know, when I catching myself now when spiraling thoughts start and realizing like, okay, this thought pattern is not productive. And typically before I would just like follow it all the way to the bottom, and now I'm like, let's let's hit the pause, let's like go in another direction, let's recognize what's happening here and make a change.
Speaker 4: How did you, like, obviously you said you follow it all of it on the bottom. At what point did you realize you would do that? And then how did you how do you Essentially, somebody who's listening to this podcast right now, they're thinking to themselves, oh, I have the same issue. How did you construct a way to where you could see yourself heading towards the cliff and being able to divert to go a different direction.
Speaker 8: There were I mean, there's a couple of things, you know. First of all, therapy, uh two, I finally decided to go on medication. I went on well buttrin, which is like a pretty common antidepressant. And then I haven't been able to really stick with the meditation stuff, but I've done a few few things. And one of the things I remember taking with me from some of it was that you know, negative thoughts and distracted thoughts are gonna come through your brain. Don't try to stop them. Don't say like, ah, fuck, I've lost focus, I've lost my positive energy or whatever. Just let them flow and then flow out. Look at it. The analogy they used was like, think of the brain waves, or your brain is like a road where there's traffic and there's cars driving by, and instead of trying to like kick those cars off the road, just watch them go by and then reset your focus. And it's totally fine being able to like recognize the negative thoughts that I was having and not be like not giving them so much weight and not succumbing to them, but rather just being like, eh, that's no, that's not right, that's a that's you know, just something I need to like process and and and move on from uh. And sometimes I'll even do it out loud if I'm alone, which sounds crazy, But if I'm I'm like really kind of churning the wheels and just in a negative place, I'll just like find myself being like, stop, this is bullshit, you know, let's let's go in another direction, let's move forward whatever, like think of something positive, you know. And just finding that ability to like, uh make quick adjustments and like you know, patch up as I say, like engine malfunctions is a major step in the right direction for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I have to go to the bathroom. I had to piss so bad.
Speaker 2: Go pee.
Speaker 4: We're this episode to bring you something very near and dear to our hearts, and that is Lucy. Lucy is the obvious choice for the true nicotine pouch connoisseur. That's why they are the official nicotine pouch partner of Barstool Sports. Lucy pouches go up to twelve milligrams in strength and have a unique shape that feels fantastic. Lucy Breakers are the only pouches with the hydration capsule inside. They're totally new kind of pouch only available at Lucy. Each breaker contains a hydration capsule that you crack open with your teeth before tossing it in your lip Ooh. The capsule releases a burst of flavor and helps release nicotine faster for an experience that you can't find at any other pouch. Listen, gas station pouches get the job done, but once you've tried Lucy, you won't want any anything else in your pocket. Get Lucy shiped straight to your door. Visit Lucy dot co, Forward slash bustin and use promo code busting to get twenty percent off your first order, Subscribe for another fifteen percent off, and shipping is always free. Lucy products are for adults of legal age. Every order is very age verified.
Speaker 2: Warning.
Speaker 4: This product contains nicotine. Nicotine is an addictive chemical. Back to the episode, the tailors, they do, That's what I do.
Speaker 1: Game time.
Speaker 2: We're good, right, Yeah, dude, I wonder if I wonder if Brabe's gonna go to the Patriots. You saw the Jets. I saw the Jets interviewed. Yeah, but I don't think I don't want to go. Yeah, I want to go to the Jets at all. I don't think he will. I think he just he hits the interview to let her, but I know he's in the circuit. Yeah yeah, are you? Are you a ball guy at all?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I just let me just I'm going to miss my flight, so I'm just going to tell them to rebook me.
Speaker 2: Oh do you need a roll?
Speaker 8: I've missed it, so I don't care. It was worth it. It was worth it. Who gives a ship?
Speaker 2: All right? Sorry about that? Yeah, I don't care.
Speaker 4: No company, We're so sorry, We're so sorry.
Speaker 8: Man, Just let me.
Speaker 2: I'm going to miss What time was the flight? Yeah? Yeah, what time was it? It's one he can make that. I don't.
Speaker 8: I don't even want to.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, you make that.
Speaker 8: I'm sure it'll be fine.
Speaker 2: I don't care because he's like, how long are they usually? I was like, probably like ninety minutes. But little did we know we're gonna have an absolute banger of an episode.
Speaker 8: I'm glad to hear it.
Speaker 4: A bunch of different Twist interns too. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was honestly awesome hearing all the stories.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's fun to I mean, it's so weird to tell it all that quickly because it makes me realize that my time in the at Barstool especially has been fucking insane. Yeah, it's been utterly insane. But I wonder how many people at this company have a similar story.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, or they're fearing the things that you've been through that I watched this and be like, holy fuck true.
Speaker 8: But I just feel like, you know mine, my you know, I'm Rhea could could write a book about her journey. Uh, obviously, Big Cat, Kevin, My god, I mean there's so many like people for whom the last seven eyes years of working in this place has been a thousand pages saga. It's an odyssey.
Speaker 4: Whenever Dave, Big Cat, and Kevin decide to hang it up for real, like not just sheld another company for a couple of years and turn it take.
Speaker 2: It all back.
Speaker 4: But if Dave, Dave, Big Cat and Kevin and then someone to facilitate the conversation and then just tell the story of Barstool and their ins and outs and their things, because it'd be interesting, yeah to hear that really funny.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So before you the episode, you called Dave to ask him a question, and I said, what it would take for me to call Dave on the phone is so bad that like even seeing you do that casually is just baffling to me. It's like you have a direct line to the Emperor. And my correspondence with Dave historically has either been because he's about to fire me, I have to tell him something horrible has happened and we need to get ahead of it, or like, you know, it's not it's like using break in case of emergency is how I get on the phone to call Dave.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: With one exception lately, which was during the show, you know, they they showed me telling Dave that I had the idol, and they omitted a lot of information, which was that I did so because I saw that someone had gone through my bag and I was consulting with him to ask him about it, and I blogged about this and then Dave agreed and was very kind of vocal about it, and he was like, I don't know why they didn't include that, and he started texting me about it, and he was like texting me a lot, and he sent more text to me about this and being like he was texting me as if he was like my buddy and being like, yeah, I don't know why they didn't include that I thought that was a pretty good angle. I mean, the fact that you, you know, gave me the idol is like an important piece of the show and this made you look kind of stupid, which I didn't agree with. And then he's like, what do you think of this? Like that got that?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, what's happening right now?
Speaker 8: Like are you? Are you about to fire me? And and you know, I was like trying to just hold it together and text him back, and it was he sent me more texts in that exchange than we have ever texted each other total in the seven years that I've known him.
Speaker 4: Let's do a twisted question. Go ahead, pull that up, sure, pull a little piece up.
Speaker 2: There real quick. Yeah, you got you me to it?
Speaker 8: I can it.
Speaker 2: This twisted question is brought to us by Twisted Tea. Twisted t is a refreshing, hard eyed team made with a real brewd tea and five percent five percent alcohol, full of flavor and very refreshing. Twisted Tea goes down smooth and there's absolutely no carbonation, which makes it easy to drink all day long. Twist the tea feels fun and celebrates extreme fandom on game day, and it is the perfect alcohol and beverage game day, whether you're tailgating in the parking lot, watching at a bar, watching with friends at home. Twisted tea? Is that a term for your game day? Keep it twisted with the boys and grab a refreshing twisted tea. Today made sure to twist the question do you have? What do the second one? Do? The second one? Well, his voice is awesome. I hadn't heard it. Do you want me to do the second Which one?
Speaker 1: Would you rather play a villain that dies and win an oscar for the performance or a hero and never win an oscar but have a trilogy as that character?
Speaker 8: Is this to me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for all of us, the trilogy really throws us off because it was super easy until you got to the trilogy.
Speaker 4: See I don't think it, don't I don't think so. Not for me. That's a villain win an oscar all the way. The amount of opportunity that comes from that, the ability to do things. Then after that, maybe you become a hero, do something else. But to have an Oscar in your hand, on your shelf and to achieve a one sent of one percent thing in the acting world, is that's it?
Speaker 2: That's the answer, yeah, but a trilogy, Yeah, but you Yeah, I think.
Speaker 8: The implication here is that if you if you do have a trilogy as a superhero, you're making oodles of money, and that I guess we'd have to assume playing one role as a villain winning an oscar. Maybe it's like or of an indie film. I think I think we should take a license to like divide the two and say that the villain role does not come with the lifetime fuck you money that the trilogy does.
Speaker 4: Right, all right, Yeah, that's a great pivot because I'm gonna go with the trilogy hero.
Speaker 8: Yes, clear, there you go.
Speaker 2: It's never been more clear to there you go. Even before you say that. No, I don't think so. I think it is super easy villains Oscar.
Speaker 4: Performance nuts because yeah, I wasn't aware of the indie thing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, it doesn't necessarily have to be an indie. But like that, to me more more interestingly kind of bifurcates the question, So come on, what's you motherfucker did for a little bit with those words, bifer Kate is like, I think divides it into like two more different options.
Speaker 2: Yeah, divide into two branches or forks, you almost nail that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's because I want to, like I want to, I want to make this harder. Do you know what I mean? Because if you're saying, like, you win an Oscar as a villain, but the movie grosses a billion dollars and you make forty million bucks from that, versus playing a trilogy no Oscar, but you make I don't know, one hundred million more money, I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like if you're considered Captain America forever.
Speaker 8: It's like, I think the answer is obviously the villain because you get the money and you get the respect. Yeah, but if it's an indie film, you make five hundred grand, but you get an Oscar versus you know, John Wick or Captain America or whatever.
Speaker 2: Jason Bourne.
Speaker 8: I don't know that winning an Oscar necessarily lends or leads to gigantic film options and success the way that maybe it once did, because there's people winning Oscars now who you never even fucking heard of, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the Oscar.
Speaker 4: Are you saying the water down market for the Oscar.
Speaker 8: Well, not so much. I still I think it still carries the same cachet and is very well respected and is Baller. Having it on your shelf is sick. But is it sick if it's on a shelf of a split level ranch house in a shitty neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that would be wild. You give me the trilogy? What are you taking, Francis, it's hard. Yeah. I think in just a sake of making movies, like taking out the fame and the money with it. I just feel like having a trilogy would be sick.
Speaker 4: I mean you got to think about the career too, Like, okay, take the money part out. Let's say you win an Oscar the that's the pinnacle right of that best actor Oscar. If you have the trilogy and you want to continue your acting career, there's that worry that you might forever be just seen as.
Speaker 2: Batman if that's what you care about. But if I'm seeing as Batman and I love.
Speaker 4: Him, what I kind of said, I was thinking to myself, it's not a bad thing to be thought of as Batman. As soon as Batman came out of my mouth, I was like, fuck, that's everywhere you go to Batman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just say, oh, will come the King, say that line? Why do you want to kill me?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, he fucking does it. It's how good of an actor he is. I can't believe he didn't win an Oscar.
Speaker 8: Would you rather be Vin Diesel or you know Adrian Brody?
Speaker 2: Who's Adrian? Who's Adrian?
Speaker 8: He won for the Pianist. He's okay, this guy, he's always kind of like this, sad sort of.
Speaker 4: I'd rather be him.
Speaker 8: Interesting. You'd have to know that Vin Diesel, thanks to making Fast four hundred is just barely has to work, and like.
Speaker 2: He has to, he doesn't have to.
Speaker 8: He doesn't doesn't have to work, but like he doesn't even need to read scripts. He knows his next job is the next Fast movie and then after that another Fast.
Speaker 4: I think your example of the two actors one I've seen The Pianist. I think it's a great movie. It is I didn't know who that guy was. And I kind of like the uh, the multiple the multiple dimensions of an actor of like having like range.
Speaker 2: I think that's so cool.
Speaker 4: Vin Diesel.
Speaker 2: I don't like Fasting nothing, but I think the Fast and Fierce movies are terrible, terrible, every single one.
Speaker 4: When I saw you didn't like when I saw when I saw somebody I don't remember which one it was going a head on head collision, fly through the air, across the whole entire highway land on another car, and then go like this and kept well sure, I was like this ship, it's not for me. It never sparked my interest. I was never about it, right, So, based on those two actors, I'd rather the guy I can't remember his name already.
Speaker 8: Adrian Brody. I don't even think well, Heath Ledger, I don't think. I don't think you can add Heath Fledger to the other side, because Heath Ledger has had you know, Indie Oscar success, but he's also had major blockbus for success. And to that same thought, I don't think you can add Christian Bale, who you could argue is an incredibly versatile, role changing, shifting actor who's able to dive into completely different roles and be nominated for an Oscar every year. However, he had the trilogy as Batman, which grows him tons of money.
Speaker 2: True. True, But for our simple brains, if you just if we're just talking Batman, would you want to be Christian Bale or would you want to be Heath Ledger. I'd rather be Heath Ledger. Well, without dying.
Speaker 8: He's dead.
Speaker 2: Yes, do I have to die? Yeah? But this is the only movies we make. You're in one, if you're Heath Ledger, I would rather be Chriet. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But but the one I'm in, everyone's like, that's the best one because of the villain.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but the others are still pretty fucking.
Speaker 4: Good, no doubt, no doubt that is that.
Speaker 8: I think this is a great distillation of the question. I think this is an unbelievable we know, just boiling it down. We've boiled it down to a perfect example kind of I'll let.
Speaker 2: You know what the definition. So who would you rather be? I? I, oh, yeah, yeah, you've you've nailed it.
Speaker 8: Boiled it down. I said, yeah. So, by wait, I'm never gonna get one of these words wrong, So we don't have to do this. You're just gonna have to trust that I have it.
Speaker 4: Right, literally, a confidence thing like that.
Speaker 2: I actually just trust you. Now, if you want again, I'll tell you and we don't need to double check.
Speaker 5: Fair enough.
Speaker 4: That was so fucking stupid to me. I'll never do that again. By the way, I'll never get one of these wrong.
Speaker 2: Would you rather have this?
Speaker 8: This is hard? This is hard?
Speaker 2: Great twisted question, Mitch, I would say, I would say that.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna go Heath Ledger. And I think it's because nobody really says the Batman movies were great because of how well Christian Bale played Batman. The Batman movies were great because of how well Christian Bale acted in that role. That's not really what people say.
Speaker 4: The movies are great, and he does well in the.
Speaker 8: He does great, but there may have been other actors who would have serviced that role. Well, no, not him, But there's a reason they also keep rebooting Batman and like Robert Pattinson did a different take of it but was great. I think. I think the reason that the that trilogy of you know, the Dark Knight, Dark Knight rises and Batman begins, the credit often goes to the director and the villains and then like you know, Michael Caine and the yeah, the music. It's like, uh, Christopher Nolan, that it tends to be the people around Christian Bale more than him.
Speaker 2: True leader.
Speaker 6: Let everybody up around him. Yeahed of all the actors' careers you see right now, whose career would you want?
Speaker 8: It's hard not to say Christian Bale because he's had the blockbuster success while also being an incredibly respected actor for his nuance in craft.
Speaker 4: You know, I think is going to be like one of those actors you I wish I had his career, if I could pick a career to have eventually, Timothy Shallamane, Yeah, dude, great, he is a stunt. I mean it wasn't didn't really watch to do but.
Speaker 2: I loved Wonka.
Speaker 8: You didn't watch Doone.
Speaker 2: I loved Wonka.
Speaker 8: You can watch Doom.
Speaker 4: And I saw him on College get I saw him on College game Day and I was like, this kid's crushing it. And then I saw him on Theo's Pod and I was like, bro, No, his approach, Bro, his approach is insane.
Speaker 8: If you like him, now your your adulation of him after seeing.
Speaker 4: No, No, don't do that. Just have to have him tell.
Speaker 8: Adulation is reverence. It's you know, praise and deep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go, excessive admiration, praise there it is it is.
Speaker 4: You got no, you got one of the words right that time. He's actually kind of gotten worse each time.
Speaker 8: I'm taking full credit for that. Reverence is like praise all that I mean, the word that I use.
Speaker 4: I said, Chelamagne and I've seen one and a half.
Speaker 2: Of his movies and uh yeah, I funk with him. Dude. Him on College Game Day was so impressive to me. He's talking about college game Day and then him on the spot.
Speaker 4: Have you seen on Theo's podcast the way he just talks about his process and how he's gonna do everything the best he can.
Speaker 8: He is a very weird cadence of talking that I find compelling. Yeah, you don't, you don't even feel you have no idea what he's gonna say next. And I was gonna say, if you have not seen Dune and you like him, now you you're gonna ten x that after Dune. Both of them. I think both Dunes are best movies I've seen.
Speaker 7: He was blessed by.
Speaker 2: His success to it than.
Speaker 8: I love Tom Holland. I do love Tom Holland. There's there's something about when he when he does interviews and you hear his British accent where you're like, what he's that's awesome.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 8: I like their relationship. He's shorter than she is. He doesn't care beautiful shorting.
Speaker 2: It works.
Speaker 4: Also, I love like the little clips of him, just like kind of giving away spoilers on like Instagram lives and stuff like that. Like his innocence about him is beautiful.
Speaker 8: I do love that he as have walked away from the game for like two years, just was like, I'm not in a place where I want to do this right now. And he plays a ton of golf. He's really good at it. Charming, boyish, boyish. Love him. Who's that guy, Jake Jillenhall. He is incredible, He's amazing.
Speaker 4: I like him, A great career, prisoner, phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Movie haunting, almost tough to get through. Have kids. Yeah, you will not ever want to watch that movie again. But he is so fucking that kid's good too.
Speaker 8: He did that one and then he did the one. Uh I can't remember the name of it, but where he was like the murder detective who would show up to film.
Speaker 2: Oh, Nightcrawler.
Speaker 4: No, I did not name. I didn't like that name.
Speaker 2: That's a good one too, explain to me. Let me think of seven though, Yeah, yeah, it Seven's amazing.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 8: Nightcrawler is him being a little bit more like he's succumbing to ticks he's got. There's more of like a off putting acting in it. But it is him as driven and as like possessed as he is?
Speaker 2: And uh, what was the series on Apple? Plus he just did presumed Innisce.
Speaker 8: Yeah, pretty good. I would give that a B plus. I didn't love it. Oh, I don't like the ending. No, I actually thought the ending I didn't see coming was good. I just thought, you know, would she really fucking stand by him through all this? Are you kidding me? You know he's being like, I haven't seen it. Oh, yeah, good show.
Speaker 5: There was.
Speaker 4: Plus, there was seems like the way in the way he speaks, like you know, he's got high standards of Yeah, yeah, yeah, what's Titanic?
Speaker 8: What's my take on it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Love it?
Speaker 2: Okay, good, just making sure.
Speaker 8: I haven't seen it in a while, but yeah, love it.
Speaker 4: I didn't want you to be the guy that has like there's like wildly loved movies but you're like it's actually garbage.
Speaker 8: No, No, I thought, I mean I iconic, genre changing, you know, beautiful movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to have that kind of love.
Speaker 8: It's also it's also the last movie where Leo has that kind of like innocent, youthful look where his like his bangs are feathered and he's got this wispy hair, and then he goes and starts doing all the dark shit like the Departed Gangs of New York, and all of a sudden he seems to like age ten years overnight.
Speaker 2: Look up a Leonardo DiCaprio The Quick in the Dead.
Speaker 4: I think this is a movie he did either right before and right after Titanic.
Speaker 2: I don't mind the newer Leo, the more like grizzled.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he looks like a sweet sweet boy, sweet sweet boy with a six shooter in his hand, delivers papers on the side. Just believe the kid right now, Kid of the Dream. Yeah, it's it great. Have you seen this movie? No, phenomenal movie. What's it called? The Quick in the Dead? Very good? October? I've never seen it. We never heard of October.
Speaker 8: You see the Basketball Diaries? No, oh my god, that's Leo. That's a fucked up movie. This is Jillenhall as a boy. They launch rockets in a mining town. His father wants him to come down into the mines, get his head on straight, but he says, I have dreams, dreams of launching model rockets.
Speaker 2: How's it work out from.
Speaker 8: Well, Finally, his father says I in the similar way to Billy Elliott's father seeing the light, he says, Okay, I get it now, I get it now, I see that this is who you truly are. Was that actor's named Gary something? You see the guy on the left.
Speaker 4: So we do this thing called bustings right, and uh, yeah, hey, Bray's out functioned one hundred percent. And JP will do this thing where he like shows us athletes of different sports besides football players. And then last week he did actors on us and we did horribly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a tough showing. I got Russell Crowe. Eventually we had to play some wheel of fortune. Play some wheel of fortune. Nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we got them.
Speaker 8: It makes sense.
Speaker 4: We definitely got them. All right, Well, how we feel. It's been a great, great show. Thank you, Thank you for missing your flight for us.
Speaker 8: Nothing could make me happier. This is a blast. I I this is I was really excited to do this show. Thank you, and uh it lived up to my hopes and dreams.
Speaker 2: So we had a nice dinner last night.
Speaker 8: We did.
Speaker 2: We tried hanging out, but Rue just no, we just stole Francis the entire time. She was being very selfish that's what we want. Was like. I was like, hey, France is going to come over for dinner, and I've gotten charge on like some of his blogs and Charle thinks he's funny.
Speaker 8: And she was like that is generous and wrong. She was like, I don't care about anything.
Speaker 2: She was talking about the barstool world and yeah, but you she she mentioned reading your blogs.
Speaker 8: I think this. You were like, she read the blog and liked it more, and she was like, eh.
Speaker 2: No, no, no. But she was like, maybe Francis will play scrabble with me, because I never played with her, because it's like I'm never gonna win in scrabble against Charrow. But we can't play scrabble because Rue wants to play Pretty Little Princess. So we're just playing Pretty Little Princess before he leaves.
Speaker 8: It was really fun. I got really close to winning and then the game got away from me. I kept I had to give the ring, the Mystery ring back, she took the crown from me. Yeah, it was kind of bullshit. It felt like somehow she had rigged it, like she knew how to spin the wheel to actually have it land on exactly what she needed. But that takes a lot away from her. I mean she she played well, she played well, she played a good ball game. She played well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got away from me. That's awesome.
Speaker 4: I glad you just had a great dinner together because I didn't hear about to this afternoon. I'm glad you had fun.
Speaker 2: Man. That's it. A beautiful time. Huh, good time for some reason that was coming. You still do it every time? What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Relax man, Yeah, you're good.
Speaker 8: This is great. Yeah, thank you guys. Watch Surviving Barstool this week is going to be unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Oh I got a text from Jeff I do die today?
Speaker 8: Oh great?
Speaker 2: Yeah about all that.
Speaker 8: So then what I would say is you should put a spoiler alert at the beginning of this episode. Be like, we're going to talk about surviving Barschool, and if you have not watched today's episode, you should wait to listen to this episode until you watched it.
Speaker 2: If you care. Smart move, smart move, smart move. We would have got to overthinking it. Do this, we do that, We'll just do it in the intro.
Speaker 4: Well, we're probably not gonna put in this in so big hugs, any kisses. We'll see you guys next time. Appreciate y'all Friant Yeah, thank you guys,