Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heeart Radio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hi girls, Hi, We started this off a little rocky, and I just feel like I have to apologize because I found something out about KB that I had no idea about.
Speaker 3: Oh I was, Oh there was Wait what shocked? You don't know this about me? I had?
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess when I think about it, And if I was to take more of a empathetic moment to think about the outcome, I would have gone, I bet you she doesn't like this. But if I'm being honest, it was a little bit of a selfish, like, oh.
Speaker 3: This is gonna be fun moment for one of us.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to figure out what's happening.
Speaker 3: Okay, it happened to you too this morning. Oh oh you did that? I scared.
Speaker 2: So I just was like, you know, do something fun. Yeah, I was, And so I put my little camera up and I scared. Kristen was first because you were right behind me her and so I scared her and I think we almost broke up.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: I do not like being scared at all. If she was wearing a mask, we would.
Speaker 3: Actually I probably would have walked out. I don't like it.
Speaker 2: Which I honestly thought about it because those masks are that I have those red leg mask. I literally thought about that, or the mask from the Mass singer, you know the little visor thing. Oh Alan scared me with that one time. He was scared though, But yeah, I'm sorry. I had no idea. I just thought it was going to be funny and it was not for you. Oh still still shaking, heart rates, still elevator.
Speaker 1: So what's so funny about this is I had no idea that this happened before you scared me. And then I go in immediately talking about how much I appreciate the.
Speaker 3: Screw good scare and she's like, what do you do? And I was like wait what.
Speaker 4: I was like opposite day. I mean, we couldn't have reacted any more opposite. You were just like oh and then went and washed her hands. I'm like calling a counselor and debating a full friendship, and.
Speaker 3: I was like, high five grader, got job where we come from. I just never liked it. Yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've never there's something deep down in there.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you I started something really fast. This is the first thing you and my ex have ever had in common.
Speaker 1: I was thinking the same thing I.
Speaker 2: Will never forget when we were in when he was still living in Maryland.
Speaker 3: I love a good scare. I just do.
Speaker 2: I again, I don't like being scared, but I appreciate a good scare, right because it's but there's also something so thrilling about to be scaring someone, do you know, Yeah, like if we do it the kids that we all do it to each other, like it's a thing, right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Know this is right. So oh it's so opposite.
Speaker 2: I remember the very first time he was downstairs and I'm by, I'm like in his room where he has to come up the stairs, and I this should have been like one of the first very big signs.
Speaker 3: Of his reactions when you look back. I look back, and I'm like, that's not how he was so mean.
Speaker 2: He got angry, I mean angry, and I was like, like slammed his saint.
Speaker 3: I was like, it was the first time. I was like again, thinking.
Speaker 2: Back now, I'm like, this is a foreshadowing moment I should probably have paid a little closer attention to.
Speaker 3: But yeah, learning the lesson on that one.
Speaker 2: So I'm like you and mic are actually I feel like in all the times we've talked about this about Mike, I don't know about that we would.
Speaker 1: Have found out that you didn't like it.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't think i've ever shared the scare part though. I don't getting angry, yeah, you know, because I get terrified. So I'm going to tell this really, really brief. But I was in high school and there was a haunted corn maze Michigan. Don't like those either, Yeah you don't. I'm not a big because I don't want to be trapped.
Speaker 3: Nothing scared. Yeah about being everything is scary to me.
Speaker 4: So I were in the haunted corn maze and I'm walking and I'm they've they knew I was afraid, so they put me in like a little huddle. So I was kind of like the middle of a little circle of people in a little pod like minions, just going around whatever.
Speaker 3: And there was this.
Speaker 4: Girl that came up and she had a varsity jacket on from a town over and she was like, I got lost for my group. She looked terrified, and so you know, I've stayed consistent since eighteen seventeen year old me. So I say, come with us, you know, and I pull her in and I've linked arms with her, and she's walking with us in the little bubble and the little minions boo boo boop. Two seconds later, chainsaw guy pops out, grabs her.
Speaker 3: And pulls her in.
Speaker 4: She's part of it, And I don't know that that's good.
Speaker 3: Mental breakdown, it's good. That's really good. Mental breakdown.
Speaker 4: Yeah, mental breakdown, fetal position, middle of the maze.
Speaker 3: I say, this isn't funny.
Speaker 4: I want out, like I mean, I like lost it, and I've never I don't I've never been in a haunted house.
Speaker 1: Since I've never seen that happened before.
Speaker 4: It was I mean, honestly, objectively brilliant. Yes, Also I think I still need trauma therapy.
Speaker 3: Well, this might explain some things.
Speaker 2: So I remember going to the place it is Anaheim. I can't remember the name now, but it was a big haunted house. And again I'm not I don't love hant houses because I don't know where my exit is and I'm a very much like I need to normal exitus and he needs to know how to get out. Don't feel trapped, But I just I find it's so good.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I love a good boo, happy happy boo month. Guys, please don't do it to me.
Speaker 1: I know I wouldn't because.
Speaker 3: I know you hate it. No, it's not even like, oh that was funny, got me.
Speaker 2: I'm like, we have we have boundaries though, around our booths in our house. So Alan is not allowed to boo me from he can't be outside because my one of my big that's fair, uh fears is when I'm home alone, when I go to the lock up, because that's it's wooded in the back right, and so my biggest fear of seeing someone just standing there.
Speaker 3: Ever since only we say these things out loud on here, because now I'm badly want to show up. Did you kidding? I would never do that to you. I just would never do that to you. Wouldn't do it. But gosh, you're just tempting me so much. Catherarancy is a playbook. I see a safety hazard. I don't like. It's just what we are so also different. So it's and yeah, it's it's terrifying. It's terrific.
Speaker 2: I mean, I even now that I have my little ring cameras in my backyard, I still will look to be like, you know, do I see anybody just standing there? Because it just it's it's and that's been since I was twelve years old babysitting, you know, of course, of course, yeah, and that's just kind of carried with me through my adolescent So that piece of it, I'm like, you were not allowed to go outside and scare me like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So but I could do it to him if I want to do Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but a fake murderer in the house is super fun to everyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sometimes when he goes out to his bathroom to go poop, he's like a poop bathroom outside. I'll stand outside. But one time I'll stand out there for like twenty minutes. I was like, I say, I.
Speaker 3: Was like, I'm tired.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Anyways, Happy Boo month. Guys, do you have a well hold?
Speaker 1: I have a question? And you said there were two reasons that started off rocky this morning.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: A couple of weeks ago, we posted a Instagram about who was my ride or di Oh, and yeah, I had a lot of people slide in being like Christen's going to be really upset about this and very insensitive.
Speaker 4: And oh I got a lot of messages really I'm sorry, and.
Speaker 3: A couple of potstars. I did have a couple of pots. I'm a good potstar. I love it quote.
Speaker 4: You're obsessed with being her best friend. I was like, I, I mean, obsessed is a word I kind of like, but I wouldn't use that. But I had to just say, I actually don't disagree that Kat's the rider.
Speaker 3: Die. Oh I don't.
Speaker 4: I said, Catherine has been in a lot a lot of chapters, in a lot of spaces with Jana that I couldn't be in for whatever reason, whether it was that we didn't know each other yet, or like family or whatever. And I said, I don't disagree. And I said Kat is a national treasure. Oh that's sweet. And she knows all my secrets.
Speaker 3: She even said it when she's posting it. She was like, because she knows all my.
Speaker 2: Secrets, every single one of my voice members, which drives me.
Speaker 1: Why did she.
Speaker 2: By the way, it is insurance, it says captain marriage And I'm like.
Speaker 3: Did you still say that? Yes, I changed the setting. No, MA, I think you say that, Yeah, Kit Cat doesn't.
Speaker 1: Everyone's hey, I'm here for it. But the sad thing is is I don't still have them.
Speaker 3: You know, That's not why I'm not really like, oh, I know.
Speaker 1: I know, Hey, I am fine with being that, but I think it's also important to note you can have lots of best friends.
Speaker 3: And it be different. You know, oh for sure.
Speaker 4: That's so I'm sorry, though, Oh I actually didn't, I have like zero feelings.
Speaker 3: I was like, I would just a really agree people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's funny feelings.
Speaker 4: Other people have feelings or that people think you can still only have one best friend, right right, right.
Speaker 2: Well, you chose to go to dinner with us, so I mean I could have put those true.
Speaker 3: She would have put both of us had you been there. It's fair. I know this about her though, I mean she and I.
Speaker 1: Love that about you, having said that you used to call everybody, everybody your best friend.
Speaker 3: And this is when I was like, actually, just like.
Speaker 1: Actually her only really best friend, okay, And I'm like.
Speaker 3: Okay, now, I'm like actually kind of getting offended.
Speaker 1: But like you say, like we're saying it to you, doesn't offend me in the least because you are a best friend.
Speaker 3: You know, you are her best friend.
Speaker 1: But like when she used to say it to like the random people, and I was like, mmm, not no, not cool.
Speaker 4: Well, she used to say best friend, and then she used to say bestie, and I feel like the besties were a tear down. Yeah, it's just an easy way of saying that truth. I love that we're talking about you like you're not.
Speaker 3: This is just I love this. I love that about you, though things I don't don't love about you? Are you scaring the sh.
Speaker 2: I just I love October? I do I hate October.
Speaker 4: I do love October. You don't like October. I'm ready to get to November.
Speaker 3: First.
Speaker 4: Oh, everything is scary. You can't even walk into a Walgreens. You're gonna hate the man that we put up on our front porch.
Speaker 3: Oh, I love that guy. Yeah, he's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And honestly, everything is scary. I'm like, I'll just be in my house until November.
Speaker 3: First.
Speaker 1: The kid at twelve years old, babysitting and watching no movies about the babysitter with the man outside. Now, it's so terrified me. But I just I'm messed up. I guess I like to be scared. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I will watch a movie with both hands over my face, but still keep a.
Speaker 4: Little crazy to see you grease a little, a little opening and people write, did have you watched Abbot Elementary?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, is it scary?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Abbot Elementary? I think it's a comedy. Yeah. She was like, my first question is it scary? Because I'm not even watching?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah you did.
Speaker 2: I'd love to be in a movie like The Strangers, one of my favorite.
Speaker 3: I love that movie. You haven't watched it? Watched the first one? It's so good, so good. Did you watch the other one? The second one? I watched, Yeah, but it wasn't it wasn't as good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, it's it's a classic October movie. But my mom didn't like Halloween ever, so we never had any Halloween direct decorations. Really wasn't a fan of it. So I don't know. I've all I think I've tried to go opposite and just like really own into the season. And this is I'm not gonna say what it is, but.
Speaker 3: We have you know.
Speaker 2: I always like to do a good family yeah costume. We didn't do it the last year because you know, the kids all kind of wanted to be telling something different. But I got them on something this year. It's gonna be so fun good.
Speaker 4: We picktars finally, I'm terrible that I I'll do so that's what's weird. I actually dislike Halloween so much, but Love loves the costumes, so I go all in for her. We're not out, I don't, but it's gonna be tricky to find group costumes. That's where I'm stuck. So we have one this year. I don't know that it's my favorite, but we're doing it.
Speaker 2: I have actually a questioned about Halloween because there's some that don't do it because the Christianity piece of it.
Speaker 3: What are you all thoughts on that?
Speaker 1: I've never really dug into that. We've always either celebrated Halloween. It's never been a huge, you know, holiday in our house. But I guess I can see where they're coming from. It's just not been something that I've necessarily dug into a whole lot.
Speaker 4: I think the way we do it is just the imagination, and that's it, because we're not doing anything spooky scary, like it's just pumpkins.
Speaker 1: And it could probably get to a point where it's like, Okay, you know, this is a little our school demoonic and stuff. I can understand that, but it's just never been something.
Speaker 2: That, yeah, anything else Oh yeah, Should I go into my mind about it because I am like two hours of sleep y'all?
Speaker 1: Uh oh, I can't wait to see how the rest of us went.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, it is also October, which is domestic violence wearin this month, and there are some things coming up this month. We're going I'm actually, guys, there's I'm gonna okay, there's two pieces to this whole entire thing, because I actually want to talk about one piece of it and then the other piece. I want to talk about what happened a couple weeks ago. So I talked about this in my book. But three am, when I was with my first abuser, he would take me out of bed, throw me down on the floor, beat the living crap out of me. So I was always really, you know, terrified whatever, And when we broke up, it was always when I was ever alone, three in the morning. Was my body trauma response to that happening. So, you know, worked through a therapy, the whole thing got on medication stopped for a while, but then it would happen again. When you know, when I was married, the anxiety came back. I think because I was in a toxic situation that was possibly reminding me of certain situations from my former abuser. One of the reasons, and this is so silly to admit, but like one of the reasons I didn't want to leave Mike was because I was like, I don't think I can be home alone because I don't think that I can I can do it, like I need to have him there, and I don't.
Speaker 3: I won't be able to sleep.
Speaker 2: And so you know, I've had like you come over before, friends, I've called a like emergency the trucks. Oh, I was having it, yeah, a con panic attack because I would like pass out, like and so freak out. So cut to all those things. Obviously, I worked through it with my divorce. I got to a part with Amy and just you know, from having to just forcing myself like I have to do this and you'll get through it. So it took me a minute, but I was able to finally not wake up at three in the morning and I was able to be alone.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So Alan was just out of town a couple weeks ago and.
Speaker 3: Three am no, and I was like, damn it.
Speaker 2: And now typically now this happens when he's out of town, like I'll wake up at the three am, and typically I know how to talk myself out of the panic attack. I'm like, you know, you're not alone, like and I'll scroll or I'll look like my little Bible app like there's things that I'll do that gets my mind off of it because i know now, like I'm good, I'm actually not alone. And this is where I like lean into my faith and do all that. But what happened was was that. So that happened. So we Catherine and I went to this event, and in my mind, I'm like, I'm going to trick the devil in this. What I'm going to do is I'm going to stay up late so that I don't wake up at three am, right, because I'm like, surely I won't do that because I'll be so tired. Well, the problem is is that I've now psyched myself out like everybody's going to sleep right because it's now midnight, and I'm like, oh God, like now now I'm over tired because I'm exhausted right, Like I want to go to I usually go to sleep like ten thirty. So this is a very long story. So I'm texting Cat. I know she's awake because she's a night owl. And she even said in the car that day, She's like, yeah, I don't what time do.
Speaker 3: You go to bed? At twelve?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, hey girl, so I'm doing what you're doing, you know, I'm staying up. But then I started to panic because I'm like, all right, now everyone's going to sleep. Now I'm now I'm awake, you know. And now I'm like now I'm rolling alone. And so then I start to just like have this like up and down panic moment. But I was like, cat, can you leave your phone on, like just if I like need to call you? And I got back to that point where I was like own a friend, Like I were just like I need I just need to know that like someone is awake, that would be awake. You know.
Speaker 3: I'm actually never going to call you.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah in the middle of the night, but like I know that if I did call, you'd be yeah, oh maybe yeah.
Speaker 1: Well then I was like really nervous because look, if I don't hear this and it calls, like turn it up real loud.
Speaker 3: So you said, this is the first time.
Speaker 1: That's the first time I have left my phone on. I mean, if a kid was spending the night out every now and then but Nick's is real is usually on, so I don't even worry about that because then they would call him. I never leave it on. I always have it is silent. That's why I miss most calls because my phone is just silent, so if I'm not looking at it, I don't hear it or no, it's you know. But I was like, yes, I'll leave it on, and I.
Speaker 3: Was like, turn it up, turn it up. I know you generally don't call.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we've done this several times through the years, you know, and we're even in the same hotel room. If we're in a different hotel and same hotel in different hotel rooms, sometimes you'll ask me to leave it on, and I do you never call this?
Speaker 3: Is that rider or die territory. I'm talking about it because I am double magnesium and cozy. No chance of getting gave me up and I have been.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was one of those things where it's like and then by the time that it was not then it was one o'clock, right, So I'm just like, then I in my mind it's like, now I'm gonna get it. No sleep because now I'm creeping up to that three o'clock. So it's like I built myself up to get to this point when I thought I would just you know, be fine. So I'm then you know, now I'm facetiming Alan because he's awake in London. You know, say, baby, what are you scared about? And I was like, it's not even I was like, I'm good, Like I'm not having a like, yes, my heart rates slightly elevated and you know, I'm getting anxious. I was like, but i know how to work myself out of it. I'm like, and I know I'm fine. I know, you know, Pam's just right there, and I know Catholics like, I know, I'm fine. I was like, but my body remembers it differently. And I was like, and I guess maybe that's my wind about it, as like I appreciate the body to always protect you, but what I don't love is that, Like I was like crying about it last night because I was like, I'm good, but I'm just me like really tired too. But I'm like it was like I was literally like screaming in my bathroom. I was like, God, just go to sleep, like you are fine. No one's gonna hurt you. Like you're good, and I'm just like discourage, you know, and I'm almost like texted Amy to be like, well, shit, we gotta work on this again. But it's like I don't love that piece where the where the body can make you go back into that place of like you got to protect yourself. I'm like I'm nothing to protect myself against. Like I know, I'm like safe and like it's all good, but like I it ficks me up when it like brings me back to that. So I finally fall asleep at like one thirty time to make up that three.
Speaker 3: I want to hold you.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's like your mind is telling you your first time that you're fine, but your body is still just.
Speaker 4: And you're tired, so that doesn't help. So then the more tired you get, the worse you can't get a good clear grip on yourself.
Speaker 2: So I'm like texting on and I'm like fuck me. I was like I'm like, I was like this is so frustrating, and like luckily I fell like to sleep fine, like I think, I like went to sleep at like three thirty and then you know, woke up at seven, so like great, but it's just that like why you know what I mean, Like what, like I know I'm safe, I know I'm good, and it's like and I was like trying to beat the system to stay awake later, so I just I don't understand.
Speaker 3: I think I to get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think Also, and I've said this before too, there's like we attach a judgment to a feeling and that's.
Speaker 3: The danger for you.
Speaker 2: And like I was like why so many years post like you're weak when you said that story, I was that's the part I heard the most.
Speaker 3: It was like you should be over this. Why are you do It's like it's okay to just what are you scared of?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like the judgment attaching and judgment to the feeling is the really like dangerous part because you really are fine and you're also still human, it's okay. Like I feel that way with a loud noise, So I grew up or.
Speaker 3: Being scared like a hip friend like I was.
Speaker 4: To no no, no no no, like if I had like a trauma from being like jumped at or no. But like in my house even I feel a visceral reaction when something's really loud, because growing up was very loud. It was raid and it was holes and walls, things that were just really big noises, so that instant something's too loud, something drops, something falls, like I can feel it down my spine. It's like a fight or flight response. And I sometimes am like, why is that still a thing? Like I'm you know whatever, But I think we are still human. You know, if you were in the woods, right, we have to remember, like you're just still a human being.
Speaker 3: If you were, it's it's.
Speaker 4: Primal, Like if you were in the woods and know that in the middle of the night something could attack you, well, then your humanness is going to remember that to protect you.
Speaker 2: Because it's like everyone's sleep, Like who could actually help me? You know in the end of the night, like everyone's sill sleep. That's like just me.
Speaker 3: But I literally had to repeat Scripture to fall asleep, so.
Speaker 1: I often did your brain still tell you that when you wake up? Like initially, oh yeah, like you're alone, no one could help you.
Speaker 3: You're all like you're alone.
Speaker 2: You'll you'll like someone's like it's like it's like not saying someone's gonna come get you, but it's like if it's your waiting for the attack, you know what I mean, You're waiting for someone to barge through the door. Like it's that like right right, yes, Like I'm like look at the camera, you know what I mean, Like and like listen, he's long gone, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But one might creep you out, but I like to So I'm home alone a lot, you know, and I don't super love it, but I will envision like Jesus doing a prayer walk outside my house, Like I just envision like like like a night guard, like he's doing that just all around my house, like there's just no like love and protected. And then if I feel super anxious in the middle of the night, I imagine his hand against like my heart. Just calm, just like calm, and I just take a deep breath and I will say, and I these words always Jesus be near lowers everything in my body. Yeah, so I just I say it out loud, though I can't because sometimes even just hearing yourself instead of like our thoughts are so spirally. But then the minute you put a voice to it, like an actual like audio, you're like, okay, you're right, Like yeah, I'm okay.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if this is exact scripture, but I was like casting all your fears on him because he cares for you. Like I was right, I was just like saying I said over and over until I eventually fell back asleep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you're his and he wants to.
Speaker 1: Protect And I think seeing that, like it sounds like, yes, you still woke up, but you went to sleep quicker and seeing the positive and the you're moving forward, you know, and I understand that's probably frustrating. It's like your anxiety was gone after your divorce, you know, it was like miraculously gone.
Speaker 3: And it's not like I'm having anxiety.
Speaker 2: It's like but it's like, because I know how to work through it now, you're not having the moment where before like I would I would I would be so panicked that I would pass out instantly and have that dizzy because it's like my I was telling Amy, I'm like, I'd go from like zero to one hundred.
Speaker 3: I can't stop it.
Speaker 2: We've worked on it to where I can wake up and have a little and be like I'm good, everything's fine.
Speaker 1: You know, well, so this is just another little blip that you're that you know how to handle it now, so just you.
Speaker 3: Know, augment to that couraging yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean I can see where that would be super but I want to like slurging because I think it's great that you can get yourself out of it. Like, well, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: To do that now, I would be like someone could hear now, like i'd be calling you, like begging you to come over in the morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: But I think seeing the positives in it have to be, you know, important too. But I understand that that was I mean, I've I can't relate.
Speaker 3: I truly can't, and I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's why I asked these questions because I'm curious what it feels like, what that is, you know, and so I don't you know, I don't have advice, I don't have whatever. But to me, I'm hearing the positive in it. Like just when we were talking about it a couple of weeks ago, when it was I couldn't go to sleep for an hour.
Speaker 3: I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, great, we got thirty minutes, you know, so maybe new pre getting somewhere.
Speaker 3: It's a new PR personal record. Oh there we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but I'm sorry that's frustrated.
Speaker 2: It's like I just wish that I don't know if it's just so. So this month we're going to to have Amy Alexander, our therapist, come on and we're going to talk about DV and you know, I'm interested because again we've talked about it, but I'm just curious why if it's something I just have to even rework the hour, you know, because I've got some friends that are like, no, my time is four twenty six or I don't know, it's like and then it's just a habit to then you'rely, does.
Speaker 1: It become like a habit? Yeah, well this was going to be my question. And it also happens i'm alone, that's okay. That was one of my questions, like a baby next time, And I didn't want to seem insensitive, but I have heard is it cortisol if you wake up like two or three in the morning, Like could there be a correlation? But yeah, my blood work is great, A been fine. So that's like just you know, yeah, when you're just alone.
Speaker 2: So but yes, so she's coming on and then we're going to try to get another survivor coming on and then you guys, this is the piece where I'm you don't bust say yeah, where I don't I don't know what to do. So back in when Dancing with the Stars, when I came out with the DV DV story, do you remember who recontacted us? Yeah, So one of the daughters that I had no idea about of my first abuser wanted to have a conversation and I, you know, I spoke to her a little bit, but then I stopped because it was just too traumatizing, too too much, and so on one of my like why what do you want to know? Wednesdays she had and I've I've been thinking about her to be like, I'm sorry I essentially ghosted you, like because I did. Like She's like I really would like to get on the phone, but I just couldn't handle it at time, Like I just was like, I'm out, I'm tapping out. But also it's like she never knew her father, you know, you know, I unfortunately knew him in a bad way, you know, So I'm like what. So basically, she she ended up being like could could I ever could we have a conversation on your podcast about it?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: And I'm like maybe, Like and then I'm you know, so I'm trying to think, like how can this help her? Because you now she's a grown woman in her thirties. But I'm like, is that going to be too is it too traumata? Is it too much? Or do I is there? Does it open a wound that isn't helpful or is there a piece in it? I don't know, you guys, I'm really torn and I don't know.
Speaker 3: What to do.
Speaker 2: Oh that's tough because she's the victim of someone who you know, and she's the How don't I say that? Like she you know, she's the child of an abuser, but that didn't know her father in that like ever in that way?
Speaker 3: Does she know him at all? I don't think so, I'm saying.
Speaker 1: She's also about it in just a different way.
Speaker 2: It's gotten like a multiple kids that I had no clue, but I only knew about one.
Speaker 1: What's hard for me? Sorry not to I don't know what's hard for me. Like my topics and my initial thought it's what can this do to help her? Not thinking about you, but what can this do to help her? And my fear in that is how does that help her? And maybe that's something we don't know. Maybe there is a way that that helps her, But are you. You're essentially coming with a bunch of negative things because it's your experience about her dad, and I have a hard time seeing how that helps her. I don't see how that's helpful. But maybe it is just because she needs to talk to someone that knew him in general.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And as far as you go opening up a way, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Always want to help people. I think it would be great for you.
Speaker 1: I don't know coming from a therapy point of view and how that opens up wounds, but in the way that you are and the way that you want to help people, I actually think it could be beautiful. I don't know how I feel about it on the podcast. Sorry, guys, I'm gonna be honest. I feel like there needs to be a discussion before orhand. Probably I would have a podcast. I kind of agree. Yeah, that's just so how can you be full? And I know we get really but can she really be fully authentic and without any kind of conversation before? I would worry about that for both of y'all.
Speaker 4: And almost like I want someone to mediate a little Yeah that was another someone like a trained professional, Yeah, you know, like maybe an amy or somebody that can really know and be detached and speak some life and keep it. I think with any conversation, you know, obviously you're in any conversation, you're talking to a different person, so you just never know their side. But if you can be prayerful about how you want it to be and at a therapist once it said it's all about how you walk into a room. So if you just have a posture of like, this is how I want it to be, not on her side, but your side, and how you want to show up, I think it could be good. But I think the mediation piece could be helpful.
Speaker 1: Well, I I mean being I'll just go ahead and say it too my other again, initial reac this is the first time I'm hearing about this is why does she want to come on the podcast to talk about it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Same, And I think she has bad mentions intimately, But I'm like, if she genuinely just wants to get to know you and talk to you as her someone who was with her father, to me, that's a conversation not on the podcast at first. If it gets to a point where y'all go sit down with a therapist and y'all have kind of talked through some things and then y'all want to share what has come out of that on the podcast. I think that's great, But me being the person I am, I question why she's saying specifically can I come on the podcast?
Speaker 4: Like I'm having a hard time figuring out. Like Amy reached out to me and was like, you know, I know that you're part of these conversations and given like the history, you know, with the way you grew up in things like are you do you feel comfortable talking about this? You know you can always say no, She's so protective, And I said no, and Janma said the same thing, you know, like are you comfortable with it? And I'm having a hard time, not hard time, but I'm being very prayer for about how much I share what I share and I am a daughter of that well, and that's.
Speaker 2: The piece where yeah, And that's the piece where I'm like, you know, we've talked to other victims of DV I've shared some of my experiences, we haven't really talked to the people that were not directly like sure physically her. It's the people around like you the daughter of she was the daughter of, you know, and it's like, you know, again, she didn't see what you saw it, but it's like, you know, I saw my own things. So it's like, you know, it's I.
Speaker 4: Just wonder what her I would be. Maybe that's the question, like what is your goal? What in an ideal world, what would you get out of this conversation that could be helpful to you? Because I want to be able to provide that to you and also honor and protect myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it could in the end be very helpful for a lot of people. I would just think if you are up for it, doing it first intimately and then maybe coming on here and.
Speaker 3: Talk for sure.
Speaker 2: And I was like, so I was thinking about it when she she had asked, I'm like, October is coming up, and you know, I do want to honor as much as I can because I don't talk about it a lot, you know. So yeah, I have some more conversations. Yeah, anybody else want to wind about it? Anyone want to bring it up a little better?
Speaker 3: Bring it up or lighter like light lighter wines.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, all my wines are deep, so white wines, white wines, light wines. Yeah, I don't really I feel like we have kind of wind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have something I'm pinning way too much.
Speaker 1: Another time we wind about waking up, I think we definitely got our wine in.
Speaker 3: We did. Okay, Yeah, that's like we can bring it up. And I'm really proud of you. Yes, very for real. Hijiana.
Speaker 2: Cat and I've been divorced for two years and I'm just starting to dip my toe back into dating. I have two kids, seven and nine, and I'm realizing how much the dating world has changed since I was last single. I'm overwhelmed by the apps and I feel like every guy I meet either once something super casual or is scared off by the mom label. How do I even start dating again without feeling like I have to hide half my life just to get a second date? Is this just what dating is now? And any advice I'm where to try and meet someone who isn't scared to date a single mom. You know this is hard because I actually have a girlfriend that I walk with sometimes and she's she's single, she's got two kids, and she actually just her and her boyfriend had broken up because he's got kids too, and you know, he's building a house and he's like, I don't have a room for you.
Speaker 3: Guys. And I'm like, what like a oh.
Speaker 2: Crushing And she's like and I go listen, someone will love you and your kids like their own and make the room the ones that really truly agreed. Yeah, but is it's such a because you do come as a package deal, you know, like I remember that same feeling being you know, datings with you know, single mom and the kids. It's like it's for those people that didn't have kids. But it's like these are this is this is my package. You come with it or you don't, but I don't. I don't say you hid to. It's like being a mom is beautiful and embrace it and the right person will love all of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think the perspective shift needs to be that you are trying to find someone that is good enough for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't be don't be on the juror be the judge. That's right. When I can imagine.
Speaker 1: Getting to a point, you know, like I would want to just say it right away, yeah, I wouldn't even go on a date with someone if they didn't know. Yeah, because at that point, what's the point in getting somewhere with somebody just for them to say, oh wait, you have kids.
Speaker 2: I remember when I was doing my Riyah profile, I had a picture of me and my two kids, and one of my girlfriends was like, change that.
Speaker 3: Immediately.
Speaker 2: I was like, but I'm I'm putting it right out there right now, like I'm a mom.
Speaker 3: Of two kids. Don't contact me if you don't want to. I did. I put it as like my second it's still there.
Speaker 1: Though it's still there, but I mean I'll told everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean your uncle away.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I just feel like she Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love the idea of her walking down and setting the table and being like, we'll see if this one makes the cut, instead of her trying to make the cut for someone.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 4: Get in there, girl, and the right person is going to be like I actually love kids.
Speaker 3: Amen.
Speaker 2: The right one will love every piece of you, that's right. And he may be in Europe. We want to give you that disclaim.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's on her seat.
Speaker 4: We had a lot of rules when we were dating here in Hot Girls Summer, and one of them was we weren't going to go international.
Speaker 3: And now look at you, Cramer.
Speaker 2: Well, I think one of those things to people are like, oh, he lives in you know, Dallas or this place. I'm like, my husband was over Adees, like, if the man wants to be with you, he's going to be with.
Speaker 3: A will find a way. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I also love a good I mean, listen, you're talking to the chick that does it alone a lot. But I love a little space. I think it's lovely to have your own little.
Speaker 3: I do too. Once I get past my three am, I was like, she really did time. I still do not used.
Speaker 2: To having you know, like Alan, he's usually here, you know. Yeah, I could get back in the rhythm of it. Anyways, Love you.
Speaker 3: Guys, Love you. See you next week. Don't scare me again. I will