Speaker 1: I love it when we get to have a joint address to Congress, to stay of the Union and Senator Cruise and I get to do a combined podcast. Welcome it is Verdict with Ted Cruz, Ben Ferguson with you, and for my audience, you're gonna hear the same show on the Ben Ferguson podcast, So welcome to you guys as well.
Speaker 2: Senator you just I'm curious for a joint address. Do you call your show Ben Ferguson with Ted Cruz.
Speaker 1: That's all right, Ben Ferguson with Ted Cruz. That's a great audible. I'm digging that right.
Speaker 2: There you go. I'm just trying to help you out. I like that.
Speaker 1: And Ben Ferguson Podcasts with Ted Cruz. We'll get a sign made, get a logo done.
Speaker 3: I'm sold. I'm sold.
Speaker 1: You just left the Joint Session Center and it was one hell of a night. If there's anything you can say, Democrats pretty much stood for.
Speaker 3: Nothing like it at all.
Speaker 2: Well, look, this is where doing the podcast is fun. It is twelve twenty eight in the morning. I just got got home to my DC apartment about five minutes ago and just left the State of the Union and the State of the Union. I got to say it was I think a spectacular State of the Union addressed from President Trump. It's the fifth one hees given. I think it was triumphant. I think it was positive. I think it was forward looking. I think it emphasized exactly what you and I predicted in Monday's pod that he was going to emphasize. It emphasized promises, made promises, kept the victories we've seen in the first month and a half of the presidency. But I got to say all of that was overshadowed in many ways by the utterly disgraceful behavior of the Democrats. It was something I've never seen before. It was shocking, it was disrespectful, it was defiant, it was delusional. We're gonna break it all down. We're gonna break down the best parts of the speech, the best things President Trump had to say, and we're going to talk about what it indicates that today's Democrat party stands for nothing, applat for nothing, does not cheer on America. It is something never before seen at a State of the Union address. We're going to break it down and what it means.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was truly an incredible night, and like you said, I think it's probably the best speech the presents ever given. I want to tell you real quick about our friends over at the IFCJ. After more than a year of war, tar and pain in Israel, all of Israel has broken hearted after learning of the tragic deaths of the Beavis children who were held hostage in Gazam, and so many are still hurting throughout the Holy Land, where the need for aid is unfortunately continuing to grow. That is where the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews has stepped in, and you have stepped in to help support the families of the hostages and other victims of the October seventh terror attacks. And with your help, IFCJ has provided financial and emotional help to hostages and their families into those healing and re building their broken homes and broken bodies. But the real work is really just beginning now. Your gift will help provide critically needed support to families in Israel whose lives continue to be destroyed by terror and uncertainty as Israel remains surrounded by enemies. You can give a gift to bless israel inner people and have a real impact today by visiting support IFCJ dot org. That's one word support IFCJ dot org. Now you can also call them eight eight eight four eight eight IFCJ. That's eight eight eight four eight eight if CJ or online its support IFCJ dot org center.
Speaker 3: I want to start with what stole the show?
Speaker 1: You mentioned in a second ago, and and you, I know, probably had a mental list in your in your head. In there in the room, I was making notes on my phone and putting them out on acts of all the things that democratic lawmakers couldn't stand up to honor.
Speaker 3: It's a long list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but look, let's start with the very beginning of the night. The very beginning of the night is when the President walks onto the floor of the Senate and he's introduced the President of the United States, and not a single Democrat stood, not a single Democrat applauded. Now, Ben, listen, I've been to thirteen State of the Union addresses. I've gone to everyone since I got elected to the Senate, and I actually love going to the State of the Union. There's a pageantry to it, there's something amazing. It's more fun when your guys in office. It's more fun when you get to cheer on your own party, but I go when the Democrats are in office. And I got to tell you, every single time Joe Biden walked in, every single time Barack Obama walked in, I stood up and I applauded. Not because I I agreed with their agendas. Their agendas were disgraceful and disastrous, but because I respect the office of President of the United States, and I respect the American people. And and I have never once seen the opposing party refused to applaud for the president. Understand what a break with tradition that is. Even in past years, the Democrats applauded at the outset for the President of the United States until tonight and and the entire night. I guess I'm actually grumpy with the Democrats because they've they've stolen my favorite game to play at the State of the Union.
Speaker 1: So, by the way, I know this game, and that's why I'm laughing right now, because it was a great game you created years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we've talked about it in the pod before. So the State of the Union address. Look, if your party's in power, it's you know, I joke, it's it's like I actually was. I was sitting with Dave mcormick, the new Center from Pennsylvania, who's you know, an our Army veteran, And I said, all right, David is going to be like pt in the army. Get ready for Jane fond fondo aerobics. You're gonna pop up and down and up and down and imagine the Trump. The President's wearing leg warmers and you're just gonna be doing nothing but every four words, standing up and applauding. And that's what we did. I got to say, you know, my my thighs are killing me from from from from just doing squats all night.
Speaker 1: But I want to see the stats, by the way, on your R ring. I want to know what's the what's the calorie burn during a state the longest stay of the Union ever?
Speaker 3: With Donald Trump speaking? Now that's real intel I need.
Speaker 2: So I so, I don't know. I could look at it in a second, And I don't know if they count as steps because we're not moving. We're just standing and sitting and standing and sitting and standing in city. But what I like doing during the State of the Union is watching the opposing party and picking out like a couple of senators or House members and typically the more moderate ones, and watching them agonize over what to applaud or what to stand for it in the past, you know, I'd look at like a Joe mansion and you know he he would be you know, America is great, and you'd see a few Democrats applaud for that, even stand we support the troops, and they'd kind of agonize, Oh, okay, I guess I could support the troops. But then they'd go back and forth. Tonight they stood for nothing. So they stood that. They did not stand for Joscelyn Nungeri's mother, the twelve year old beautiful girl raped and murdered in Texas by I legal immigrants. They would not stand for Alexis. They did not stand for Lake and Riley's mother and sister. They did not stand for a thirteen year old kid surviving brain cancer. Like how do you not like like, okay, I'm a crazy partisan who hates Trump, but okay, thirteen year old kids surviving brain cancer wants to be a cop like ull Like literally every single State of the Union address that has been given from the beginny of time, every person on the floor would have stood for the thirteen year old kid or survive brain cancer. Zero Democrats stood. I looked at them. They didn't.
Speaker 1: Still, it was an emotional in there because I was watching it and I got choked up watching it, and there was a lot of people that were texting me, like, dude, I'm crying right now. Because when you see a little kid and how big his eyes got. You may not have been able to see it from the floor because they zoomed in, but when they said we're gonna make you an agent, his eyes got so big.
Speaker 3: He clearly didn't know what was going to happen.
Speaker 1: His dad didn't know either, and it was just one of those get a lump in your throat, choke up moments.
Speaker 2: So I will say it was emotional, but it was true. When you were in the chamber, we couldn't see the kid's facial expressions. It was just too far away that you couldn't see it. So I saw his facial expressions for the first time about a half hour ago, when I did Hannity and Sean played the close up and so I could see, you know, I mean, I saw the k and it was beautiful and we were cheering and like when you know, Trump made him an honorary Secret Service agent. That was really cool. But you're right, the close up of his facial expressions was was really powerful. And he's a Texan. DJ Daniel Daniel is a Texan. You had Alexis Nunger. It was a Texan. But but it was amazing. Look, the Democrats did not stand.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: They didn't stand for cutting taxes. They didn't stand for no taxes on tips.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: They didn't stand for automakers building new manufacturing plants in America. They didn't stand for steel workers that. They didn't stand for border patrol agents. It was they didn't stand for a kid going to West Point whose father was a police officer killed in the line of duty, and the President admitted him to West Point in the middle of the speech, which was a pretty amazing moment too, Like I it was, but but I will say this is actually a there was There's one thing the entire night they stood and clapped for. You know what it was? What was that they stood and clapped for giving hundreds of billions of dollars to Ukraine. There you go.
Speaker 1: I knew there was a moment there and but the pant when the feet I saw you could hear the room get louder, but I wasn't sure if they were standing for it.
Speaker 3: And so that was the moment.
Speaker 2: So not everyone stood, but a number of them stood. A number of them pulled out Ukrainian flags. None of them had American flags, but a number of them pulled out Ukrainian flags. And I got to say, Look, you could have disagreements about the war on Ukraine, but what the hell does it say about Democrats that they will cheer for Ukraine but not for America.
Speaker 1: You go back to what you said about those emotional moments. There was also moments in there that were good for the American people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and just policies.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can't clap for tax cuts, you can't clap for a secure border, which was something by the way, they said that they were in favor of. Remember when they were like, well it's us that we're in favor of it. Us still workers, they couldn't clap for. They couldn't clap for you know, the I go back to the West Point for a moment. That was another emotional moment where you've got a young man that's getting into West Point who had a tragedy in his family life, and they wouldn't stand for that. And then the capture of terrorists, by the way, that one.
Speaker 2: Actually was for murdering service the thirteen servicemen and women in Afghanistan capturing the terrorists, and they're not happy to capture the terrorists. People.
Speaker 1: Can we play that clip because it's an important one. Just this is what the President said. It's not hard to clap for this or stand for this. It should be like a universal everyone stand moment to.
Speaker 4: The country tonight and please to announce that we have just apprehended the top terrorists responsible for that toutrocity and he is right now on his way here to face the swift sword of American justice.
Speaker 1: I mean that that was, by the way, break news in n nine point nine percent of the people I'm assuming in.
Speaker 2: The room certainly to me, I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: To you, okay, So I was wondering if you guys knew that before, because it seemed like that everybody was kind of caught off guard, like that was new to everyone. And yet the President says it. You can hear half the room or up the other ass like no, no, no, my guy, terriss. That kills Americans that we're bringing back to America. No, that's under Donald Trump can't.
Speaker 2: And listen, I was looking over at the Democrats and repeatedly turning to the folks around me, just saying, what the hell is wrong with these people? Like it is, how do you not cheer for that? And I think the answer is they're so filled with hate. This is now the party of hate and rage. And they hate Donald Trump, the hay Deal on Musk and and they're just and they're they hate the voters that elected Donald Trump. And so there always were points listen in Democrats State of the Union addresses, there have been a number of things that I applauded for. If they say something that I agree with, I happily applaud for if they, you know, anytime they talk about supporting the troops. By the way, at a State of the Union. So the Supreme Court never never applauds other than they applaud at the beginning. So the Supreme Court applauds traditionally at the President of the United States when he's introduced, and that's typically the only thing they applaud for. The Joint Chiefs, they usually do the same thing. They'll applaud at the introduction of the President of the United States. But I'll tell you the Joint chiefs they applauded at the kid when he was admitted to West Point, and it was I noticed the general's applauding, and yet not a Democrat would. And I got to say, Ben, there was a lot in this speech to applaud for. As I said, I think this is the best speech President Trump has ever given, and so I was happy and enthusiastically applauding. Now, if you did not have two hours to listen to the speech tonight, if you didn't actually watch it, we've tried to help you out on this podcast. So we have a montage where we've selected some of the key moments of the speech. And it's a little over three minutes, so it's not very long. So you didn't have two hours, here's three minutes that sums up the best moments from President Trump's State of the Union address tonight.
Speaker 4: I returned to this chamber tonight to report that America's momentum is back, our spirit is back, our pride is back, our confidence is back, and the American dream is surging bigger and better than ever before.
Speaker 3: Are we of ended.
Speaker 4: Weaponized government, where as an example, a sitting president is allowed to viciously prosecute his political opponent like me.
Speaker 2: How did that work out?
Speaker 4: Not to? Apa? Not to? Within hours of taking the oath of office, I declared a national emergency on our southern border, and I deployed the US military and border patrol to repel the invasion of our country. And what a job they've done. As a result, illegal border crossings last month were by far the lowest ever recorded ever. To unshackle our economy, I have directed that for every one new regulation, ten old regulations must be eliminated, just like I did in my very successful first day, and I have stopped all government censorship and brought back free speech in America.
Speaker 2: It's back.
Speaker 4: We've ended the tyranny of so called diversity, equity, and inclusion policies all across the entire federal government, and indeed the private sector and our military and our country will be worked no longer. I also signed an executive order to ben men from playing in women sports, and in the near future, I want to do what has not been done in twenty four years balance the federal budget.
Speaker 3: We're going to balance it.
Speaker 4: One point three million people from ages one hundred and fifty to one hundred and fifty nine and over one hundred and thirty thousand people according to the Social Security databases.
Speaker 3: Our age over one hundred.
Speaker 4: And sixty years old. We have a healthier country than I thought, Bobby, including to finish one thousand and thirty nine people between the ages of two hundred twenty and two hundred and twenty nine, one person between the age of two hundred and forty and two hundred and forty nine, and one person is listed at three hundred and sixty years of age, more than one hundred years, more than one hundred years older than our country. But we're going to find out where that money's going, and it's not going to be pretty.
Speaker 1: I mean this speech to go back to what you said at the beginning. Number one, It did not feel long. And there's an art when you're speech writing that you want to be done before people are ready for you to be done. Yeah, this speech did not seem long. I want to know what it felt like when you were in the chamber.
Speaker 3: Number one.
Speaker 1: But two, like the President came in and just brought the heat, and I think the American people are going to respond to this.
Speaker 2: Oh, look, I thought it was a terrific speech. As I said, it was optimistic, it was positive, it was focused on results, the results that the President has been producing and Republicans have been producing in just over forty days. I mean, I mean, it really is incredible. It was also a funny speech, like that whole litany going through that the people on Social Security over one hundred and twenty and over two hundred years and over three hundred years old. Every line of it was funny. He had a whole litany he went through Doge and the wasteful spending that was just hysterical. And by the way, we're cracking up laughing. All the Republicans, no Democrat laughed like even on the funny lines as he goes through, they support every bit of waste possible and just across the board. Now in terms of the length, so this was the longest State of the Union in history. And I'll tell you so, I was sitting I was sitting with Tommy Tubberville from Alabama. I was sitting with Josh Holly from Missouri, and I was sitting with Dave McCormick from Pennsylvania.
Speaker 3: So so, so how does that work? How do you decide to you sit with. Is it just happen organically, you guys hang out?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you just kind of we all all the senators gather on the Senate floor and then we walk from the Senate floor over the over the House floor across the Capitol and we walk in together. And and the House saves the front seats for the Senate, and so they actually give give the best seats to the Senate, which is nice, nice of the House to do. And and so there are a whole bunch of seats I presume one hundred seats that that are kept in the front, and they have little placards on the seats that say reserve for a senator. Uh. But but other than leadership like John Thune and and and the elected leadership, they have seats that are reserved specifically for them. But for everyone else, it's just senator. And you can sit wherever you want. And so just as you walk in, you take the open seats. So it's a little bit happenstance. But as as we were, we were prepared ring, we actually had a friendly wager on how long the speech was going to go. So so I bet that it was going to go ninety three minutes, so an hour and thirty three minutes. Josh Holly, who was sitting next to me, bet it was going to go an hour and thirty seven minutes.
Speaker 3: Okay, just plan a little bit of prices, right.
Speaker 2: Little price is right. Tommy Tuberville and and uh Dave McCormick both bet an hour and forty minutes. So we were all in the same neighborhood. And actually the one who won was Holly. So so it was in fact an hour and thirty eight minutes. So I was five minutes off, but Josh was only one minute off, and if he'd got another minute, McCormick and Tubberville would have won. But but but it was so it was interesting that that that those were the four of our.
Speaker 3: How you guys picked that number?
Speaker 1: By the way it was it did you see enough beforehand or excerpts or themes you know, or original we got.
Speaker 2: We had not seen a text of it at all. It's just knowing Donald Trump and having been the State of the Union addresses before. Look, I mean, we knew it was going to be about an hour and a half, maybe a little bit more, and so that uh uh, we knew he had a lot to say. It was not going to be a short speech, and and but it didn't feel long. You're right, I mean it was. There was storytelling in it. It was funny, it was relating powerful moments. And then, as I said, the the antics of the Democrats really look, including sadly Al Green, congressman from from your in my hometown Houston, who stood up and just made a complete ass of himself.
Speaker 1: And I was going to ask you on that one, because it played on TV like it was very clearly pre planned. And for me, they don't know him. This is the guy that he's now called for turning impeached a third time. He led impeachment first second, that's like his thing, and so as soon as the presidents elected, it's like, oh yeah, yeah, we got impeach a sky and we're going to call for impeachment. It it played on TV like it was one hundred percent pre planned by him to do that, or maybe even the Democratic Party. I don't know if they were involved. This is just his own brainchild. What was it like being there though?
Speaker 2: So look, I think everyone was shocked, shocked and not chocked. We expected the Democrats to misbehave and engage in antics. I didn't expect that they would refuse to applaud for anything, and I've never seen there have been a couple of instances where where House members have called out like have you know Joe Wilson famously said said when Obamacare said? When Obama said, I think it was on Obamacare, if you want your health in church, you can keep it, And Joe Wilson famously called out, you lie. And that was a big deal that one congressman called out two words. Was a big deal that people still talk about a decade later.
Speaker 1: And so by the way, the media totally freaked out the entire night afterwards, like I can't believe to do this, he shouldn't be in Congress, she resign, I mean, And then tonight nothing from the mainstream media on this one.
Speaker 2: And look he stood up, he interrupted the speech. And by the way, I don't know, could you hear what he was saying?
Speaker 3: No, we could not.
Speaker 1: It just I thought it very interesting that it looked like Speaker Johnson was ready in cases happened because he looked down to read the words he was reading about the rules.
Speaker 2: So what he was saying, it's interesting what he got mad at He got mad when Trump said I've got a mandate from the election, and al Green stood up and he was yelling, saying, you don't have a mandate. You do not have a mandate. And it was the Democrats are in absolute denial. They're in denial that the election happened. Look, the facts are straightforward. Trump. Of the seven swing states, he won all seven. He won the popular vote in this country, something that Republicans haven't done for twenty years. He won a Republican House and a Republican Senate. Any way you look at it, that's a mandate. And yet that's what al Green was screaming about. And he kept on screaming and interrupting the president. The president finally had to stop. I mean, he was standing right in the middle and just screaming and trying to yell over the president, and the Speaker gaveled him down and said, listen, if you don't maintain decorum, the sergeant at arms will remove you. And al Green kept on yelling, and so the sergeant at arms removed him. And by the way, the Speaker said tonight on Hannity that al Green is likely going to be censured by the House of representatives, which which I think is unsurprising because if you if you disturb an official proceeding like that, that's that's the natural remedy.
Speaker 3: It's incredible. Let me tell you about Patriot Mobile.
Speaker 1: While we may have won this election, the fight to restore our great nation is only beginning. And now is it time for you to take a stand with companies at stand with our conservative values. Stop giving your money to liberal companies and woke companies that are actually fighting against what you believe in.
Speaker 3: And that is where Patriot Mobile is leading the charge.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: They are America's only Christian conservative wireless provider, Patriot Mobile. I use them I travel. I was in five cities in the last six days and I had unbelievable coverage everywhere I went. Patriot Mobile offers a way to vote with your wallet without compromising on quality or convenience. And Patriot Mobile isn't just about providing exceptional cell phone service. They're actually a company that says, hey, we're going to take a part of your bill every month and we're going to defend our rights and our freedoms. So with Patriot Mobile, not only do you get outstanding nationwide coverage because they operate on all three major networks. Now, if you've got cell phone service that you love, make the switch Patriot Mobile. You're gonna get the exact same coverage you have with a coverage guarantee. Now here's the difference. Every dollar you spend, you are supporting the First and the Second Amendment, the sanctity of life, our veterans, our first responders, are wounded warriors, and switching in twenty twenty five has never been easier. You keep your same cell phone, remember you have right now. If you want to keep your same phone, you have right now, or upgrade to a new one.
Speaker 3: Whatever you want to do.
Speaker 1: They're one hundred percent US based customer service team is going to help you find the perfect plan that will also many times save you real money, and then you get stand up at the same time for what you believe in. So go to Patriot Mobile dot com slash verdict Patriotmobile dot com slash verdict or nine to seven two Patriot to get a free month of service with the promo code verdict. Switch to Patriot Mobile today and defend freedom with every caller text you make Patriotmobile dot com slash verdict or nine seven to two Patriot Senator. I want to go back to one other point that we mentioned earlier, but I think it's important to kind of expand on it. And it was a shocking moment of just either completely out of touch or this Democratic Party, I guess you could just say, is in a sense just completely lost. You had not a single Democrat applaud Peyton McNabb who suffered brain damage after a volleyball spiked by a trans person, a man that acting like a woman, ended.
Speaker 3: Her hopes of a college career.
Speaker 1: That's how significant the injury was, and it made her retire and also took potentially like a scout, changed her life forever.
Speaker 3: And they couldn't even clap for her.
Speaker 2: No, not a Democrat clap for not one. And by the way, just this past week, every single Democrat in the Senate voted against protecting girls from boys competing in sports, every one of them. And you know in the campaign listen, in my reelection campaign, Colin all Red claims I don't support boys playing in girls sports. Well, every Senate and except the fact that he voted for it over and over and over again, every single Senate Democrat when they're on reelection campaigns they tell the voters, I don't support boys and girls sports, and yet every single one of them just voted for it, and not a one of them applauded. I mean, it's the simple reality of how extreme their party is.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I will tell you one thing that that was particularly meaningful to me was all the Texans whom President Trump honored a night, including Alexis Nungary, the mom of Joscelyn. Now, Alexis was going to be my guest tonight. Every senator gets one guest, and I had invited Alexis. She was coming up as my guest, and then the President invited her. So she went and she was sitting with Milania Trump. I was really grateful for the the for her being invited by the President to come there. And then right next to Milania Trump was Elliston Barry. And Elliston Berry is someone also another Texan who was the inspiration for the Take It Down Act. So, Elliston Barry's a fifteen year old girl from North Texas from Aledo who, when she was fourteen and a freshman in high school, a boy, a classmate of hers, took an innocent social media picture of her and used artificial intelligence to create a deep fake naked image of her that appeared to be real but it was fake, and then sent it to her classmates. And she was the inspiration for my legislation to Take It Down Act, which passed the Senate unanimously.
Speaker 1: And by the way, how many times have you been involved in legislation that was passed unanimously in your career in the Senate.
Speaker 2: A lot of times. I've passed one hundred and one different pieces of legislation into law. A number of them were unanimous, the Senate off And if you do the work, you can bring people together and pass something. And actually, just yesterday, the first Lady, Milanie Trump came to the Capitol, first time she has this first lady the second term, supporting the Take It Down Act, and we did a round table, which we're gonna we're gonna talk about significantly more on Friday's pod. But we did a round table where Milania Trump heard from Elliston Berry, heard from other victims of non consensual intimate images and called on the House to pass the Take It Down Act. And President Trump tonight called in the House to pass the date Take It Down Act. So I was really glad the two people directly next to to Malania Trump to her left, where two Texans Elliston Berry and Alexis Nungary and and and that made me very happy.
Speaker 1: It was that that may have been one of the best parts of the night. Let's talk about what this looks like moving forward. I think the President's speech is going to play very well with the American people. I think it's going to help with momentum moving forward.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I also do think that the American people, in the way they were watching this on TV saw the the the shocking moments when they wouldn't stand for children that were, you know, murdered by illegal immigrants, their families, police officers die in the lie of dooy duty.
Speaker 3: It was on the list.
Speaker 1: I mean, you look at all of this, bringing an American hostage home from Russia, by the way, they wouldn't stand for that. That was another moment we left at earlier. Were you shocked by that as well?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: And you and I covered Mark Fogel coming back, We covered that on the podcast when had happened. That was one of the multiple times I turned to the folks around me and I'm like, what the hell is wrong with these people? Like, like, how do you not. This is not partisan. This is not I get that they don't cheer for, you know, conservative ideas because they're all wacko lefties, But how do you not cheer for things that are just unambiguously good. And it's today's Democrat party, it's accommodation. They become the party of hate and rage and they're in denial. They don't know how to respond to this election other than to fume and glare. And I got to say, if you're an elected Democrat, how do you think this is a good message to the American people. We hate everyone and everything that's the Democrats like. I don't get that.
Speaker 1: No, I don't either. So what happens now? This is my prediction. I think the presence proval rating is going to stay solid and in certain categories, support on certain issues will actually rise coming out of this State of the Union. I think this is going to continue the momentum on on things like DOGE and even in some of the issues that we're talking about that are in tough ones, whether it's dealing with Mexico and cartels, or tariffs or Canada and fetanol. The list goes on and on. I think same thing on Ukraine funding. I think this could catapult him to even greater near term success. That's a lot of political capital that obviously you want your your prediction.
Speaker 2: Look, I agree with you. I think the American people are going to be happy with this speech. They're going to be happy with the results. The American people are happy with successes for America. And we're getting on the border, seeing illegal immigrations and illegal boarding crossings drop over ninety percent. That's an unambiguous victory. On energy, Seeing energy production going up, seeing regulations being repealed, seeing wasteful spending being eliminated, those are unambiguous victories. In terms of jobs, he went through the investments, the investments on new investments, whether from Oracle or Apple, or car companies bringing new factories here. Those are big wins. Those are the sorts of things. Those are the sorts of things. Frankly, when Joe Biden talked about if you know, he had Democrats and their speeches would talk about a new factory, and you know what, the Republicans would all stand and chair, because, hey, a new factory in America is a good thing. And we even if we don't support many, if not most, of Biden and Obama's policies. We cheer for the American people. I think that the president's message was really strong, but I also think the contrast with the Democrats made it even stronger.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 2: I think this was a good night for America, but not a good night for today's Democrat party.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Great point. It's always fun to get to do a joint pod. So wherever you're listening right now, makes you hit that subscribe or auto download button, whether it's Verdict with Ted Cruz or the Ben Ferguson Podcast with Ted Cruz. We got to get a logo made for that one. It's always a pleasure. I love these nights. It's when I love doing the show the most, especially when we get to watch thing like this and react. So hit that subscribe auto download button as well. And the Senator and I will see you back here at Center, and I will see you on Friday on Verdict, and I'll see you on my show tomorrow. So makes you download that on the in between days and we'll see you back there tomorrow and Friday.