Speaker 1: Coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after. It's my strawberry letter for today. The subject my wife's young friend m. We'll get into it, but right now the nephew is here with today's prank phone call.
Speaker 2: What you got for us?
Speaker 3: Now? Well, Shirley, A lot of pairers hate to hear it. Some of them get the call. You know, it happens sometimes your son didn't make the team. I'm gonna say it again, your son, Oh wow, didn't make the team. Let's go cat though.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, I'm trying to reach missus Lydia lit is she masters Ca? This is coach Watkins up at the up at the school.
Speaker 4: How are you, hey, Coach Watkins?
Speaker 2: I'm fine. What can I do for you? Listen, we've had Maleik out for the last week and a half. He's been coming to practice here at the Junior High School and wanted to reach out and give you a call about everything that's going on.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, well, I know he's really excited. He can't wait to start this seasons.
Speaker 2: He's ready. H Well, you know what, I'll be honest with you. He's a great kid, and he's got a good heart and he's really, really really trying and trying to produce as much as possible.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, he loves the game and he's been playing since he was a little kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know. This is you know, this is the seventh grade. This is the first time some of these kids have played organized football, and this is the first time playing school football. And it's a big it's a big transition that if you've been playing little league ball, a pop warner or whatever you want to call it, it's a it's a big difference in a big transition to go from one to the other. You understand, Yeah, I do understand. But Malika's been working really hard.
Speaker 4: Yes, and he's ready.
Speaker 2: Well well, well let me let me say this. My main reason for calling you is letting you know that league as of right now, is not going to be able to make the cut as far as what you think he's gonna be able to make the cut, as far as being on the team for this year. Now, I got wit a minute.
Speaker 4: You said, wait, wait, you said that Maliite is not gonna be able to make the team. Yeah, I said, it's not gonna make the team.
Speaker 2: Is a great kid, you know, he's a great.
Speaker 4: I know he's a great kid. But wait man, now, he didn't play Pop Warner and he was a starting quarterback, So what are you talking about. He's not gonna make the team this year? He was the best say had out on that squad.
Speaker 2: Okay, and you know what, I've heard a lot about him. I heard he did a great job.
Speaker 4: Heard about him a wit a minute. Wait man, have you seen his death? Twenty touchdowns in the season? I dtand what the kids is out there doing that?
Speaker 2: But you know what, but right now, we got a lot of different kids that are coming into this particular school, so you know, the competition has gone greater and greater than what we could possibly understand.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, when this is seventh grade, first of all, everybody makes the team. Nobody gets cut in the first place. You got an A team and a B team. So you're telling me my baby ain't made none of.
Speaker 2: Them teams right right now? Mss lydia, Uh you know, Uhlik? Like I said, Malik is a great kid. I like it.
Speaker 4: I know what Milik is. I know that he's a great kid and he's a ballplayer. Now I make sure that, So don't come telling me that he's not good enough to make the cut on this seventh grade team. Well, telling me who is the quarterback? Who? Yeah, you tell me what's going on?
Speaker 2: Who is the quarterback? Well? Actually, right now, my son is the quarterback?
Speaker 4: Your son?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you know now, my son, yeah, is actually the quarterback. He hasn't done any pop warn or anything, but he really has what it takes to be.
Speaker 4: He never played football before, or he's never played organized football, but he is going to be the quarterback for the seventh grade team. Is that what you're telling me?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, my son is actually a starting quarterback, but that.
Speaker 4: My son don't make the team and my son score twenty touchdown? Twenty touchdown? Is that what you're telling me?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Hell no, this is I'm calling up to that school tomorrow. I will be up there.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow when you let me explain something. What I say?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, no, no no no. I don't know what this is. This nepotism or whatever you got going on around here, But hell no, my son ain't Nathan what. Hell no, it's gonna be smoking the city tomorrow when I get up there.
Speaker 2: Miss Lydia. What I want to say this is this if your son would take a year off, lord and try to get itself together and get his fundamentals together, lived together, a greater football player when he gets to be headed to the eighth grade.
Speaker 4: It was the right star last year. What you going about this fundamentals together? Your son ain't never even play.
Speaker 2: But you know what, I've worked with my son and you know, and it's a little on. It's a little awkward for me to try to talk about what my son has done.
Speaker 4: Here, be off with you talking about because you don't know what your son has done. Because ain't nobody ever seen your son. You just got this dream probably something that you ain't dead. You want to viciously through him. Hell no, that's that's about it.
Speaker 2: Like school. I played in high school. And let me say this, I'm trying to do the best that I can and the best of my ability to make sure that everybody gets a good and fair shot at what's going on.
Speaker 4: I said, not he but he don't get to play, So what about getting get the players?
Speaker 2: Probably he's even work out to be a better.
Speaker 4: Throw that to the mother mothers. That's some bull. I bet you. I guarantee you this My son to be starting this year. I guarantee you this.
Speaker 2: You don't want none of that, Okay, Right now, all I can say is I need Malik to actually bring his cliques back because my son's gonna need him to play.
Speaker 4: In what I took them your son at getting your son running down that field, he's gonna run barefoot. He ain't get mine nothing, ma'am.
Speaker 2: From my records, understanding is that the cliques actually came a record wrong.
Speaker 4: I'm under stay the one that told you that my son can't fight your records. They thinking about your records, you tomma and to day she busted your man.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna sit here and go back and forth with you. All I'm trying to say is this that maleague to.
Speaker 4: Do you start looking for get your resume together.
Speaker 2: You know what, ma'am. I'm not gonna go back and by. I got one more thing I need to say.
Speaker 4: Nothing that you ain't got nothing else to say to me. My son to be playing, and I'll be up there tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I have one more thing I need to say to you. You listening.
Speaker 4: Only thing you need to tell me is who I need to talk to tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Now. I'll let you know that as soon as I tell you this are you're listening?
Speaker 4: I'm listening.
Speaker 2: What this his nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Your sister ain A got me to a prank phone call you What hell?
Speaker 4: I thought I was really contant. You gotta be all.
Speaker 3: Hot here.
Speaker 2: About the school was day was going? Oh man, I got something. Ask what is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the land, The.
Speaker 4: Steve Harvey Loaded Show.
Speaker 2: Oh lord, you got.
Speaker 3: A long time right now in my new top Yeah, lovetime. You need to get your resume together because you're gonna need working. You're trying to leave him curiously through him because you because you not run down the side of your.
Speaker 2: What Oh man?
Speaker 3: What every parent of a student athlete is everybody? Oh yeah you involved with sportsman?
Speaker 2: You knew touchdowns?
Speaker 3: Last year?
Speaker 2: He ain't make the team?
Speaker 1: Who is your boy?
Speaker 2: Oh there is some of that nepartism? Boy, Yes, she did say it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell me I know how you think of this stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, tell me that one right there. That's my new top three. Big up to all the coaches. That's coaching all about you. We love y'all. We appreciate y'all. Man, We put our kids in y'all hands, and y'all try to make out the leads out of them. So damn that if you don't play mine, I'm the lady on the phone.
Speaker 1: All right, coming up, coming up, strawberry letters. Subject, My wife's young friend will get into it right after this. You're listening. Name Harvey Morning Show, m hm