Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. Made it to a Friday. It's our one, Dan and the Dan. It's Dan Patrick Show. It's a meat Friday. And in case you're wondering, and I know you are smoked Mississippi pot roast garlic, mashed potatoes, roasted green beans with bacon. Who has it better than we do?
Speaker 2: Nobody?
Speaker 3: Ah right, nobody does.
Speaker 4: Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program. The signed calendars are sold out. We still have some calendars left. Go to Danpatrick dot com for all of your holiday shopping needs. First Hour brought to you by tire rack dot com, the official tire expert of the program. Go to tyraq dot com slash Dan try the tire Decision Guide, full lineup of Yokohama tires, special offers, free road hazard protection, mobile tire installation, tyre rack dot com. The way tire buying should be, Play of the Day, stat of the Day, poll question, all of that forthcoming. Operator Tyler is sitting by and seven to three DP show.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 4: If you're watching on peacock, Thank you for downloading the app. The Rams stay alive. They beat the Niners twelve six in a thriller. The Rams are now eight and six. The Niners you can say goodbye to them. They're six and eight. If I would have said to you in August, hey, the Niners aren't going to make the playoffs. And oh, by the way, Bill Belichick's going to be coaching North Carolina football, which one would have been more far fetched. Yes, Marvin, No, No, the Niners aren't going to make the playoffs.
Speaker 3: So both, Yes, pretty incredible.
Speaker 4: It feels like every year we do this where I say, hey, if I would have told you this four months ago, five months ago, what would you have said. You would have said, Bill Belichick's not going to coach in college, and if he is, it's not going to be North Carolina and the Niners. They seem like the safest bet in the NFC coming off the Super Bowl. Now we knew that the Packers were still going to be formidable, the Eagles, the Lions as well, but the Niners, well, it started out bad. You start out with Krista McCaffrey not able to play, and they never got in sync, and then you're watching last Night.
Speaker 3: Now granted it was in a downpour.
Speaker 4: But these are two teams that you expect to score and twelve six the final. You start to look at this with the NFC West, Rams are dangerous. We've been saying it the last couple of weeks. With that offense, they are dangerous. And also I was looking at the Eagles and the Lions defensive numbers and in particular their secondaries. Their secondaries aren't great. Now Philadelphia's got a young secondary. The Lions give up a lot of yards passing yards. And here's a Rams team that for the most part, can put up big numbers. But now they have new life. At eight and six. You have Stafford who can still sling the ball. Kyron Williams has over one thousand yards this season. You got Cooper Cup, Puka Nakua, you got Sean McVeigh. This is the kindest team that can knock one of these guys out, can knock Detroit out, can knock Philadelphia out, Green Bay just because of the offense here. Now it might come down to just how good is their defense, But offensively, you expect them to put up points. Certainly when you get into the postseason and you look at the Niners and this is how the window closes. It's closing, it might be closed, and now you got to pay rock perty. This kind of reminds me without the Super Bowl Trophy, of what happened with Seattle. Seattle kept everybody together, kept that defense together, you know, because Russ was on a rookie contract. Well then you have to pay Russ. Then you got to get rid of players, and then all of a sudden, the artist formerly known as the Legion of Boom was done just like that.
Speaker 3: And you have that with San Francisco.
Speaker 4: They paid top dollar for Christian McCaffrey, Brandon Nayuk, Deebo, Samuel Trent Williams, Bosa Warner, and now all of a sudden, you've got a quarterback who is I guess rightfully so going to be asking for at least fifty million dollars a year. The window closes, you know, unless you do sort of come on in and play with Patrick Mahomes like Kansas City has done. They've done a lot of mixing and matching and done an unbelievable jump. But there are very few organizations that are that good to go come on in. Maybe you're only here for a year, got a chance to play in the playoffs, maybe a Super Bowl with San Francisco. Is Christian McCaffrey ever going to be the artist formerly known as Christian McCaffrey. What about Deebo? He gets banged up? Trent Williams, how much time does he have left on that Hall of Fame body? So you do have these big question marks here, and I think the window closed. I think their chance of making the playoffs is like, I don't know, zero point one percent something like that.
Speaker 5: Do we have the official yes, PAULI, yeah. Last night, if they won the game, it was eleven percent. When they lost the game, is down to point three percent.
Speaker 4: Point three percent. I'm saying there's a chance, there is a chance. It's not no chance, it's low chance.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 6: Are we playing no chance?
Speaker 3: Chance right now? Right out of the gate?
Speaker 2: No chance?
Speaker 3: Low chance? Okay?
Speaker 4: Does anybody hold out hope that the Niners can somehow get into the postseason, even Niners apologist Marvin.
Speaker 7: Anything's possible except this. I don't think they're getting it. I think it's over.
Speaker 3: Well. I'm looking at the schedule.
Speaker 4: The Rams will be at the Jets, Cardinals will be at the Rams, Seahawks at the Rams to close the season, so I like, I like their chances here, but you're also looking at the NFC playoff picture. You got Lions, Eagles, Seahawks, Buccaneers, Vikings, Packers, Commanders. You know that you're going to have two teams in the NFC North who are one of those has taken the wild card. Maybe they're the two wild cards you're going to have out of the NFC North. You know, if the Vikings finished second, they're going to make the playoffs. Packers are nine and four, Seahawks if they win the division, they're eight and five Buccaneers right now in the NFC South, Yeah, PAULI.
Speaker 5: The Niners are six and eight. They would need the Commanders, Rams, Falcons and Cardinals to lose out to have a chance at a tiebreaker.
Speaker 4: The Seahawks at eight and five, they host the Packers Sunday night. They host the Vikings at the Bears at the Rams, so the Rams once again at the Jets host the Cardinals host the Seahawks, likely.
Speaker 3: To decide the division.
Speaker 4: But the Rams, if they're in, it feels like they're going to knock somebody down. Just feels that way, all right, Seaton. Let's poll question first, hour.
Speaker 5: Let's see first hour.
Speaker 6: If you are brock Party, you want every dime you can get or cap space.
Speaker 3: I might have to have.
Speaker 4: If you're Brock Party's agent, do you want to have all the money you can get or do you want to take a team friendly deal?
Speaker 6: Well, I don't think the agent wants to take anything team friendly, but the quarterback who's on the field might want to.
Speaker 4: But your job as an agent is to put your client in the best position. He knows that his client needs talent around him to bring out his talent. He's not a guy who is going to lead the team. He's not a you know, standalone guy. Uh, you know. He just doesn't have the abilities to be able to do that. But it's kind of hard to say, Hey, Rock, what about what about forty five million a year? How about maybe forty five we get to fifty. Well, what does Brock have currently in the bank? Probably not much relatively speaking, Yeah, not much to be in a starting quarterback for an NFC Super Bowl contending team. Oh, oh my gosh, let's go salbery.
Speaker 3: Salary.
Speaker 8: Salary, salary, salary, salary.
Speaker 9: Come on, Mormon, rough.
Speaker 5: Salary. Any excuse to play it.
Speaker 3: The way that it like whips back in.
Speaker 4: He goes like, all right, rock Party, how much money has he made so far?
Speaker 5: You're gonna go first in?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we're.
Speaker 5: Switching it out. Oh okay, three seasons in Rock Party, including this season. How much has he earned on the field?
Speaker 3: Four million dollars?
Speaker 2: Marvin five point five million dollars, Seaton.
Speaker 3: Two million dollars, it's.
Speaker 2: All five point one million dollars.
Speaker 5: Seat is the closest two point eight million dollars.
Speaker 3: Yikes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would be a big increase if you went from what is he making this year?
Speaker 5: Nine and eighty five thousand dollars?
Speaker 4: Okay, so nine hundred eighty five thousand. Let's say he gets to forty five million.
Speaker 5: That equals about a little less than three million per game.
Speaker 3: No, but what is the percentage increase?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you might be asking the wrong guy.
Speaker 3: Well, I definitely don't know it. I don't know Todd. Were you good at math?
Speaker 10: I was good at maths? I would but underline it was I used to be very good at math. I have to see if they can crunch some numbers.
Speaker 3: How do you not get or stay good at math.
Speaker 2: When you're doing it all the time?
Speaker 10: You have homework assignments, and you're studying for tests, and then you stay good with it, and then then it all goes away once you don't have to worry about that anymore.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, I have forty five million dollars a year, is what you're saying. Yeah, yeah, that would put him right now according to this, somewhere around Patrick Mahomes kirk cousin Josh Allen Matthew Stafford is at forty, Derek Carr is at thirty seven point five.
Speaker 4: Okay, could you say to rock perty, hey, you're kind of making what Patrick Mahomes snakes.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it'll work. Do I want to pay him fifty million dollars? I don't. I don't.
Speaker 4: When everybody is healthy, when everybody's playing well, he has proven to be a very, very good quarterback. But when everybody is not healthy, or you know, Debo's not being great, you don't have McCaffrey. How much longer does Trent Williams want to play? I mean, is your best receiver a guy who got shot six weeks ago, Ricky Pearson Kittle?
Speaker 3: How long is he going.
Speaker 4: To be at a elite level if he even is right now?
Speaker 3: Yes, Boeing.
Speaker 5: If Purdy goes from nine hundred and eighty five thousand dollars to forty five million a year, that's a five thousand percent race.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 5: I yes, I'm looking for a three to four percent.
Speaker 4: No, No, I'd like a five hundred percent. Five thousand percent, then I should say five thousand. The preseason Super Bowl odds were it was Kansas City, followed by the Niners. Those were the two favorites by far and away. Then it went Lions, Ravens, Eagles, Bengals, Texans, Packers, Buffalo Bills, and then the Dallas Cowboys for clicks. Cowboys and the Jets had the same odds to start the year, but it was Kansas City plus five hundred, San Francisco plus six twenty. Then it's the Lions at plus one thousand, followed by the Ravens.
Speaker 3: All right, so what other pole questions? So that's the Rock Party pole question.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we could go with a Brock Purty pole question. We also have based off of last night's game, which is worse quitting or cheating?
Speaker 3: Oh about no one in particular.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Or it could be Devandre Campbell who plays for the forty nine ers who decided he didn't want to go back into the game. We'll hear from Kyle Shanahan, his coach, about that. Also, George Kittle had an opinion on that as well. Where you just see a guy walking to the locker room, not injured, just said he didn't want to play anymore.
Speaker 3: So I'll have that for you.
Speaker 4: Coming up, all right, Age seven to seven three DP show Ron rivera former NFL coach. He was on the call last night on radio for this game. And Ron will join us Oregon quarterback and Heisman finalist Dylan Gabriel a little later on, and Seth Wickersham has done it again, a deep dive on Bill Belichick and why he went to college but the NFL was saying to Bill Belichick with the possibility of coaching there this upcoming season. He'll join us coming up as well. We'll take a break. We're just getting started. Your phone calls in the on deck circle back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search f SR to listen live. Well, settle on a poll question here.
Speaker 4: Phone calls always welcome, say good morning to all of our radio affiliates around the country. iHeartRadio Fox Sports Radio. There was a strange moment last night, and it's one of those that if you're watching and not really listening, you're going why is that player walking off the field. His name is Devondre Campbell, nine year veteran and he was a starter. He played a lot this year because Drake Greenlaw, if you remember, got hurt during the Super Bowl. Torre's Achilles, wonderful linebacker. So he gets the start. Well, he starts in place of Devondre Campbell. Drake Greenlaw plays the first half and then he says his knee started to tighten up a little bit, so he went to Kyle Shanahan and said, Hey, I think I need to sit down. So Kyle Shanahan says, next man up, it's Devondre Campbell. And here is the question to the Niners head coach happening.
Speaker 3: With Devondre Campbell.
Speaker 5: He didn't play, and he went into the locker room at some point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he didn't, said he didn't want to play today, play today. The coaching staff, he didn't.
Speaker 7: When I asked him why I didn't want to go in during the game or before that was in the third quarter.
Speaker 1: Does that ever happened to you where a player said they didn't want to play that game.
Speaker 3: No, he got demoted for this game. He was not going to play. No, he was gonna he was going to go in.
Speaker 4: When Drake came out, George Kittle, Niners tight end, had this to say about his teammate.
Speaker 11: That is one person who just decided not to, you know, play for his teammates. And no, I don't think that that doesn't like does make our office so to be like, wow, man, you know we're falling apart. It's more of a or like the defense, Hey, we're falling apart. It's more of a one person making a like Mooney said, of a selfish fit decision. And I'm with Mooney on that. And I have never been around anybody that's ever done that, and I hope I'm never run anybody that does that again.
Speaker 4: It's the worst thing you could do. You quit on your teammates. And he was pouting. It seems that Drake Greenlaw, who was the starter before he got hurt in the Super Bowl, he would have been the starter. Devondre Campbell has played I think nine years and it felt like he was pouting, Hey, you're going to demote me now you want me to play? And then he didn't want to play. I don't know what that conversation can be like where he can salvage his job, his roster spot. I mean, if you're Kyle Shanahan, you probably have to take a stand and say, hey, you don't want to play, we don't want you. He's cut today, right I would think so if you quit on he shouldn't get a game check last night.
Speaker 3: I would say to him, we're not paying you now.
Speaker 4: NFLPA can pick up the fight there, But you quit on your teammate teammates, Yes, mart.
Speaker 2: I assume this is the end of his NFL career.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, if you're nine years in.
Speaker 2: And walking off the field, like.
Speaker 3: Who's gonna go?
Speaker 4: Hey, Deveandre Campbell, he walked off the field, let's go sign him. Not the message you want to send. But it was just weird where I don't want to play. Coach says, hey, Drey's going to set out the second half, needs you know, feeling a little tight, needs you to go in there. I don't want to play and this is a must win situation for this team. They had to win last night, had to and now you don't want to play. I can't imagine that that locker might have been cleared out last night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Pauline, can.
Speaker 5: You imagine if this were a road game and that guy had to get back on the team plane after this, Because my guess is that when you're at home, you go to your car, you could easily avoid your teammates, especially if you leave the game early. Be traffick.
Speaker 4: Oh, he had plenty of time to avoid them. Yeah, I would have said, hey, don't even shower, you know what, keep your uniform. We got some nice parting gifts for you. Can't quit on your team, and certainly in this moment, a must win situation, get some phone calls in here eight seven seven three DP show email address tpat Danpatrick dot com, Twitter, Hindle dph at DP show. Bill Belichick sworn in yesterday and as we thought he'd have a suit and tie on. He looked professorial. He looked like he belonged on a college campus. There gave him a hoodie, got a jersey, got all kinds of gifts there one z probably you know, they gave him everything. So here you go, went to the bookstore and we got you some gear bill and you know he's in it for the long haul, or at least the long haul of the next couple of years. It certainly sounds like that. But he was asked this question about maybe going back to the NFL.
Speaker 11: What do you say to people fear that if you do succeed here that you might leave for the NFL again in a year or two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't come here leave.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, sorry, No, I'm watching the press conference and when people are up on the day it's in, they're giving him a standing ovation like I was like, come on.
Speaker 3: And then the local media, you.
Speaker 4: Know, you're like, yeah, he's staying. Yeah, it doesn't it doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 5: At your school, you're broadcasting school, don't they say the media doesn't clap, don't.
Speaker 3: They teach they you're not.
Speaker 4: There's no cheering in the press box, no cheering in the press box.
Speaker 3: Yes, Todd, I didn't come here to leave.
Speaker 2: To me, isn't the same as I'm not going anywhere. This is my last stop.
Speaker 10: But there's many other things you could say to be more emphatic about the situation, as opposed to when the sec big NFL call, then we'll sign.
Speaker 3: I thought it was an unfair question to ask him.
Speaker 6: It's his introductory press conference and are all these things, so, what are the chances you're leaving?
Speaker 7: Yes, Marvin, Yeah, Now was it the boosters? Were they any boosters? They're clapping first because he's like, I'm not leaving everybody.
Speaker 2: Else clasp.
Speaker 3: Look.
Speaker 4: I gave my opinion the last couple of days on it. I think he'll be fine. I think he'll do a good job. And what is now playing out is what I told you was happening. He had all of his guys he was going to bring in, whether he was doing an NFL job or now a college job. They're all out of work and they would get together via zoom seth Wickersham had this article. He was doing this during the season where he's assessing their breaking down all NFL games coaching situations. I think he really wanted the Bears situation. I think there was concerns with Jacksonville, with Shodkhan's son involved in this. You know, there's a lot of politics involved in this. Jerry Jones wasn't moving on from Mike McCarthy, and if he was like, if you hire Belichick, there's a lot that goes into that. And if I'm an owner and I'm thinking of hiring him, who's my first call, Robert Kraft? That's my first call. If I'm an NFL owner, I'm going to go, Hey, what's the deal? You moved on from him? What's Robert Kraft going to say? Do you think he's going to say, Hey, man, if I had to do it all over again, I'd hire Bill or I never should have let him go. Now he's going to be like, well, you know, you're going to have to deal with a lot. And we did, and we decided that we were going to move in a different direction. Whatever they're going to say, Bill's not going to get a recommendation that you're going to want to hear. And maybe that doesn't matter to these, you know, franchises. But Bill was told, without somebody telling him directly, we don't want you in the NFL anymore. That's why he turned his attention to college. He still wanted to coach. I don't think the Shuler record meant that much to him. I mean apparently it didn't, because if it did, he be holding out for Hey, whatever it takes like he already said, he already compromised himself with the Falcons. He's like, hey, I don't have to be in charge. Well, he would be in charge, even though he says, hey, you can have people in the front office. And I'm paraphrasing here, but Bill was told we don't want you. That's how we ended up in North Carolina. And the fact that his father was there and he had good memories there, and you know, for whatever reasons, he's taking it. But you know, I think he sounds like he's truly committed, but he's sad that these worries first words.
Speaker 3: Growing up, you know, when you're little, you don't remember everything.
Speaker 5: Obviously I was too young to remember a lot of things from Carolina. But as as I grew up, you know, you hear the same story over and over and over over again.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 5: One story I always heard was Billy's first words were beat Duke.
Speaker 4: What were your what were your second words? Beat Clemson? How about beating North Carolina State? Start there?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So Bill grew up.
Speaker 5: We should have been at the Prescott.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh, just to laugh, Seaton should have been there just as a seat filler, laughing.
Speaker 7: Yes, I really enjoyed the dramatic pause of My first words were beat Duke.
Speaker 6: I can't believe that we were like literally making that joke yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's gonna get.
Speaker 6: There, and I can't wait to beat Duke.
Speaker 3: And he did, He really did.
Speaker 8: He.
Speaker 4: I thought that they would wait until a basketball game where they broughty Mouth, and then he was out there, ladies and gentlemen, the new football coach at North Carolina, Bill Belichick, and then it'd be loud applause and then he'd go, uh, beat Duke.
Speaker 3: Going crazy.
Speaker 7: Yes, we were pretty on top of things as far as what he was gonna wear. Yeah, we said the powder blue tie, but he had the powder blue shirt, the navy blue suit. We were wrong on We knew he wasn't gonna wear powder blue. But the gray hoodie yeah, with the powder blue logo. That was very on brand for mister Belichick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he can't go powder blue hoodie. He's gotta have something drab and then make you accent that maybe the girlfriend gets involved and says, hey, you know too, how about a neckerchief or something?
Speaker 3: Hey, Bill, how about a pocket square? Yes?
Speaker 7: Mark, My real question when the season starts. What pair of Air Jordan's is he gonna wear? What's the most Dan question? That's really with Belichick in North Carolina. It's more important about the uniform and what he's gonna wear on the sidelines than how they perform.
Speaker 3: Okay, what did mac Brown wear?
Speaker 4: Maybe that's your answer, because I don't think anybody focused on mac Brown's shoes is Air Jordans.
Speaker 3: Are there Air Jordans that are just black?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: There's certain models that are just black? Right?
Speaker 7: Yeah, but he can't wear black because Carolina he can.
Speaker 5: Yes, Paul mac Brown was going dark blue pants, light blue shirt, and they look like dark round House shoes. They were definitely not Nike House shoes. They're not They're definitely not sneakers.
Speaker 6: Yes, I have a breakdown here of I don't know if these are his feet, but Sports Illustrated did a rundown of mac Brown's best Jordan's. He's got Air Jordan one Hyper Royals. He's got Air Jordan three Retro white, Valor blue. He's got Air Jordan eleven Retro Legend blue. These are dope. He's got Retro jubilees. Hey, Yeah, the fella up to this sneaker game significantly.
Speaker 4: All right, well, I think the girlfriend is going to play a role here in picking out outfits on game day. Buddha in San Francisco, Good morning, Buddha. What's on your mind?
Speaker 8: No, no moody, happy meat Friday boys, Let's go fritzy, Let's go well DP real quick. On the Billy Belichick situation, I mean him running from the cold up in New England to the land of the Pines. I mean, I so wanted a.
Speaker 9: Reporter to ask how he feels about flag planting. But Dan, I feel, I honestly feel like Billy was a little embarrassed that nothing came to be in another coaching job in the NFL. I mean, I mean it seemed obtainable, and now he's just shooting a shot to join only Pete Carroll, Jimmy Johnson, and Barry Switzer. By the way, to Pete, Barry Switzer over rated, but they're the only other coaches that I can think of who won both in college in the NFL. I mean, maybe Paul can check me on that, But Dan, I just I don't know how Marvin feels, but I just wanted to apologize to the nation on behalf of my low chance niners.
Speaker 3: Last night.
Speaker 9: I mean that made me sleepy, sad and embarrassed.
Speaker 8: I mean twelve to six really.
Speaker 9: Like, come on, I'd rather watch Todd seeing Salerie on stage with his hands in his pants the whole time, because that performance last night.
Speaker 2: Was just not good.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Buda.
Speaker 4: So there have been It's Pete Carroll, Very Switzer, Jimmy Johnson.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very short list of those who have done both, although you could make the argument very Switzer won a Super Bowl. Jimmy Johnson built such a great roster that Barry walked in and won a Super Bowl with his players.
Speaker 3: Andrew in Washington, Hi, Andrew, what's on your mind? Oh? Good morning, Dan?
Speaker 8: Dan?
Speaker 12: Ed's got me fired up on this Bill Belichick to UNC, I don't know. I have not heard a cringier handclap than that one at his press conference. Was that the good Old Boy Network just kind of clapping for their man they think is going to bring in the old times, Which what are the old times at UNC? When were they ever good? So he's going to have to turn around this program. And I just don't see it. As a Duke fan. I would like to see him beat Duke. Duke just got the number one rated quarterback in the portal to transfer to their school. Duke is on the upry. So when you're looking at UNC, I think the air Jordan's hill ware are the AJ twos, which Marvin probably knows many people can get AJ twos because they don't look that great. Also, it's his first hire going to be somebody that kind of a long brand for him, like Connor Stallions who loves a good cheating gamble.
Speaker 4: Oh here we go, went too far? Andrew Connor Stallions on the sidelines. Yeah, that joke was making the rounds yesterday.
Speaker 3: Who's he going to hire? Connor Stallions? Tom? And Kansas? Hi? Tom, what's on your mind?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 8: Dan?
Speaker 13: Love it guys.
Speaker 14: I'm from the actually Kansas City, home of the world champion chasing the greatest quarterback NFL coming in personally six two two twenty damn. I want your thoughts and the rest of the guys on two talk two thoughts. Distorted value and distorted focus in sports. So for a couple decades now, we've seen coaches and players get bought out of contracts, which means they're no longer playing for or coaching those teams, and it's made the world kind of like what you don't get paid to be your job. And then the second is the focus from player, excuse me, from team to player. So we're chasing this inflated value and it's put the spotlight on the player. Look at me, sign a deal with me, follow me on social. Now we have walk up songs for little leaguers.
Speaker 3: So you're saying that's bad for sports.
Speaker 13: I'm concerned.
Speaker 14: I haven't come down that it's bad, but it just seems to be an erosion going in the wrong way.
Speaker 4: Well, this has been going on in sports for a long time. It just didn't surface here where it's noticed me or wide receivers saying I'm open or I'm going to be critical. Social media has played a large role, but it's not like this just happened.
Speaker 6: Yeah, our walk up songs for little legals, little little little leaguers are walk up songs for little leaguers.
Speaker 3: We'll take it out of the rear.
Speaker 6: Eroding the fabric of sports.
Speaker 4: I went to a girls softball game last year and they had a big boom box and they had walk up songs for softball and I'm like, I say to the coach. I was like, Brock, what's going on? He goes, what girls love this stuff? I'm like, all right, So I don't know if that's eroding the sports culture he has.
Speaker 5: Paulin, you could make the case that for generations, young athletes have imitated what pro athletes have done with social media. We just get to see it play out, like of a little kid and eight greater does a bat flip. Fifteen years ago, we would have never seen it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I think walk up songs, even as young as literally is great. I wish I had that when I was playing, where you could pick a song and I guess you're pumped up as you're walking to the plate.
Speaker 2: It's not showing anybody up.
Speaker 10: They have all those corny songs, and the Doug I said, we want to picture not a bell interest. So there's music and singing and all kinds of stuff going on and taunting all the time.
Speaker 2: Play your little song for a few seconds.
Speaker 3: What would your song have been? In littlely, it might.
Speaker 2: Have been no sleep till Brooklyn Beastie Boys comes to mind.
Speaker 10: I think they would pump me up.
Speaker 3: I don't think they were out yet. When you were in. That's a good point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, maybe something from Earth Winded Fire.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, mar Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: How pumped up we would have been if Fritzy comes.
Speaker 6: Up, Oh show.
Speaker 10: Like that song, Oh made you be room.
Speaker 4: You should have been.
Speaker 7: Gone after all those worlds stee you.
Speaker 1: Oh shore Oh.
Speaker 3: No, should go.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm just saying, if Journey is on tour, uh.
Speaker 3: Let's make it happen. Maybe they would.
Speaker 4: Well, Steve Perry is not singing with that, it's not yeah, so and I think they already ran through the guy who was replacing Steve Perry.
Speaker 3: I think he's out now too. Yes, yeah, they're in my hat in the ring. Let's do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how about we take a break here. We're just getting started the very last show. It's like, so, what's everybody doing? Like, I don't know that I'm going on tour Journey actually believe it?
Speaker 3: Or not?
Speaker 2: Going a break?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 3: Break tim break.
Speaker 4: Tam Todd. If Journey reaches out, yes, I will let you go.
Speaker 3: I would do it for free, I know. But when you go, then you're gone.
Speaker 2: Oh you mean instead of continuing with the shows.
Speaker 3: Should have been gone?
Speaker 5: Wow, that's hurtful.
Speaker 2: In the holiday season like that.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I'm saying, if you go, then you you have my blast thing to go on tour with them and just not be here.
Speaker 3: Yes, go on tour with them. Wait, would you stay or would you go with journey On?
Speaker 10: I would like to stay and see if I can periodically we can do.
Speaker 2: A little thing.
Speaker 3: I can't do that. No, got to be committed to one or the other.
Speaker 10: And I'm staying with you, guys. I've been here for twenty three years. All of a sudden, I'm gonna go run with the back end of journey it mail it.
Speaker 4: You're disappointed now, Well, it's easy to say it when there's no offer.
Speaker 2: It's very easy to say.
Speaker 3: How about how about we take a break here? Okay?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, exactly when we come back, we'll play the game filling the blank.
Speaker 3: Our play of the day is next.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show week days at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio wapp.
Speaker 9: Oh My God.
Speaker 3: Of the day on the day.
Speaker 12: Check this out.
Speaker 3: Drifty to his right launches down the right numbers. This ball's in the air. This both packed in intercepted up to go line, Darius Williams.
Speaker 6: Goes to get it right in front of Juwan.
Speaker 4: Jennings and La has the first takeaway of Thursday Night Football into triple coverage. Rock Perdy fourteen to thirty one, forty five percent completion percentage, first time he's had less than fifty percent since Week six last season. That's courtesy of the RAMS Radio Network. That's your play of the day, brought to you by Rapid Radios. In an emergency, you want Rapid Radio's instant push to talkualkie talkies, clear national LTE coverage, one touch communication. Go to Rapid Radios dot com up to sixty percent off and free shipping time to play. Fill in the blank. Give you a statement, and then you must fill in the blank, like the Niners window to win the Super Bowl is blank. Paul Murky, Murky, Todd Prety much over seatan closing Marvin.
Speaker 2: Cracked.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say closed, dang. Rock Purty is a blank quarterback, Todd. I went with non tenna, non non setan pretty good Marvin serviceable Paul Good. I would say Brock Purty is a good quarterback too. The problem is he's gonna cost you what a great quarterback would cost you. Bill Belichick's tenure at North Carolina will be blank. Marvin Jordan esque, Wow, well that means you win a national title.
Speaker 2: Oh I said what I said?
Speaker 4: Okay, Seaton. Bill Belichick's tenure at North Carolina.
Speaker 3: Will be blank, under whelming, hat under Todd, Scar healed, I mean we don't have to. Yeah, I have to. You know you don't you don't feel like Okay, Well.
Speaker 5: That's Scarhield, Paul compelling.
Speaker 4: Bill Belichick's tenure at North Carolina will be good content. Niners linebacker Devandre Campbell is blank, Paul infamous, Todd.
Speaker 10: San Franciscan, San Francisco cutting it because I.
Speaker 3: Know I got it. I got see. I also had San Francisco believe this. I think he stole that off. Marvin out out.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, uh forty nine Ers linebacker Devondre Campbell is gone.
Speaker 3: That's fill in the blank. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 4: A little bit later, I'm sure you do love it. I don't know if we loved it though. Come on a little bit later on the most must win game of the weekend, we'll have that for you as well. Jay in Indianapolis, Hi, Jay, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 13: Hey, thanks for having me six five.
Speaker 3: I love the show.
Speaker 13: Happy holidays. I think I've saw the flag planting issue, and I think it's in a way that Dan Patrick show can take credit for it. It's only during rivalry week and the losing coach has to go out to midfield and then take a pie to the thing.
Speaker 4: Good luck with that. Good luck with trying to pass that. It just comes down to if you're the coach, you tell your players that's not what we do. We're better than that, and so or you don't say anything and you let them go out and let it be, you know, a big mash pit there.
Speaker 3: Good luck with that.
Speaker 4: It sound like we need legislation, and it really came off as sad. You know, a politician, you know, playing to the local fans. I mean, Ohio State fans don't want this. Wait, we need to have legal protection. So nobody plans a flag here.
Speaker 3: Just win.
Speaker 6: Yes, It's like when like politicians show up and they're like they go into the chamber for the vote, but nobody else showed up, so they bring like a bucket of chicken, Like, yeah, I'm calling all of you guys chicken. It just not being such a loser. Just cast your vote yes.
Speaker 10: Is it not as simple as the head coach saying, hey, guys, come here a second.
Speaker 3: Stop planning flags.
Speaker 10: If you want to keep your sculptor and be on this team, don't do it first person to do it.
Speaker 3: I don't care how good you are.
Speaker 1: You're out.
Speaker 3: We need more of Todd Fritz, head coach.
Speaker 2: Why can't they just say that there's old legislation.
Speaker 10: We don't need Congress, we don't need the judicial system, the Supreme Court, don't plant flags anymore.
Speaker 3: You got it all right, get out there and win. Who's with me?
Speaker 2: You're not doing that all? Don't test me.
Speaker 3: Do not do that with the flag.
Speaker 2: Can't test me, Coach Fritz all business.
Speaker 4: Coming out seth Wickersham a very detailed column about Bill Belichick and why he went to college and not to the NFL. Dylan Gabriel, Oregon quarterback he Hesman finalists will stop by as well. Hope you'll stay with us.