Speaker 1: All right. If you're like me, you're out there frantically trying to put Christmas together.
Speaker 2: So you know what, Yes, it's crunch time. Start shopping on it.
Speaker 3: Come on looking, Jeffrey, and this is the podcast that you've been here.
Speaker 2: I'm a little stressed out.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you are too, but hopefully this back to back classics will help ease your tension, get you some good laughs, and help you get in some tasks done.
Speaker 2: So here it is back to back Classics, start right now.
Speaker 4: How do you turn a bona fide nice guy into an irresistible battie that no woman can turn down? Sounds impossible. It's like turning Sheldon from Big Bang into Vin Diesel from Fast and the Furious. I can't it be done well? One of our listeners tells us he is fed up with being friend zoned. He wants to get ahead of things using a bizarre new plan that we have never tried before. What is it? We're gonna find out and it's successful. It could change the game for nice guys everywhere. In your second date update, right after this second Date updated, I'm going to share something with our audience that's happened behind the scenes here it's brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Oh, what is it going to be?
Speaker 4: I don't remember if Brooke has said this on the air and it's not bad, but off the air. Whenever somebody brings up online dating, Brooks response and Jose alexis you can confirm this, She's always like, Oh, I don't think I could ever do online dating. There's just there's way too many options. How could you ever just pick one?
Speaker 2: I totally do online dating. I would just never do marriage after I did it, exact because I would have never dated anybody long enough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, I see what you mean.
Speaker 2: I thought you meant.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's the crux of dating with all the apps.
Speaker 2: Now, too many choices for people.
Speaker 4: I think it was intended in a good way to match people up who would have never found each other if they were just left to their normal lives, But more often than not, it just ends up being with you have so many choices, men and women can't make up their mind. They can't commit to just one, and if they're not blown away immediately, there's you know, twenty other options that they could just go explore.
Speaker 2: I go to the Cereal Aisle and it feels overwhelming. Yea, I should choose.
Speaker 4: And the thing is, that's where our listener, Evan is at right now. He claims he is a victim of being just one guy in a sea of a billion dudes.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Jeff's dream.
Speaker 4: Yeah, negatives to it. But Evan, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hey guys, yay, Evn.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry man, he sounds like you're going through it with this online dating stuff.
Speaker 5: I am. It's been years and there's been ups and downs, but I'm just I want to try something new and I think it's going to work. I just need a little help.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, So what is your your stance on dating right now? Like, where are you at?
Speaker 5: I think that you should date a lot of different people because experts say that if you focus too much on just one person, you're gonna end up disappointed.
Speaker 6: But you're supposed to like date a little bit and then when one stands out, then you kind of focus on them.
Speaker 4: It doesn't bode well for Brooks married. She is a lot on that one guy. Yeah, it's so funny. So Evan, you're you're not focusing on just one You're dating a lot of different people.
Speaker 5: Well, I wouldn't say a lot, but yeah, I'd say a small handful at any given time.
Speaker 1: That's a lot for some Is there one in particular that you really like or we just going to call ten girls?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: There is one. Her name is Jenna and she's a top contender.
Speaker 2: Is that a compliment, Alexis it?
Speaker 4: I mean?
Speaker 2: I want to be the top one?
Speaker 4: So where do you and Jenna stand? We have one date.
Speaker 5: It was good and nothing bad happened.
Speaker 7: Is that your bar says, defensively, nothing bad happened?
Speaker 1: I mean, is that your bar like you had a good enough date that nothing bad happened. So that's why you want to call her?
Speaker 5: Well, sometimes I do feel that way. But this was a good date. It was genuinely good, and I do believe that she likes me and would like to go out on another day with me. I just want to try this thing to kind of make her work for.
Speaker 8: A little bit.
Speaker 1: What wait, so you're not calling us because someone's not calling you back or isn't interested.
Speaker 5: Craig, She is interested, That's what I believe.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is different. I guess let's hear him out.
Speaker 1: So this girl trying not to think game, He's playing games in my head right now.
Speaker 5: It's not a game, but it is reverse psychology.
Speaker 2: Oh that works so good on me.
Speaker 7: Did it just work on you? He's like, I'm trying to figure this out.
Speaker 4: I love you already have Brooks interest. Now, so what is your idea for reverse psychology with Jenna?
Speaker 5: I want you to call her and tell her that, like I thought that she was cool, but I'm a little on the fence about it.
Speaker 3: Huh wait, wait, why why would we be calling her just to tell her that, yeah, that's going to make her morning?
Speaker 4: Why do you want to do it this way with Jenna?
Speaker 5: The thing is, I've had a lot of dates this past year where the first meeting is great, but then it just it fizzles out. Okay, and the girl will say to me, Hey, you're super cool and everything, but there's just not a strong enough of a connection for me.
Speaker 2: You're getting friend zoned, is what it sounds like.
Speaker 5: It makes me feel like I need to be defensive and prove myself because she's in the power position.
Speaker 4: So okay, all, I see, You're good At.
Speaker 7: The first couple of days, which.
Speaker 4: Is he wants to flip the script on these women, and he wants to be in the power because being like, hey, like, I think you're cool and everything, but I don't know. If it's there, then the girl will have to sell herself to hims.
Speaker 7: So we should leave her front alone.
Speaker 4: Wait, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: You sound like a genuinely nice guy, and that's probably why this is happening.
Speaker 4: Did you see Alexis gag when you said genuinely nice guys? That's the problem.
Speaker 2: Everything makes sense. I mean, you do know this couldn't backfire, right.
Speaker 5: I have nothing to lose at this point, trusting.
Speaker 4: I mean, it is a bold move. You have to admit risk.
Speaker 1: Can you tell us anything about Jenna that would make you feel like this is gonna work on her?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 2: What is she like? Would you do?
Speaker 5: I can tell you, But she's literally like every other girl that I've been dating recently, Like, you know, she's sweet, she's funny, she's pretty, like they all are. Yeah, but she's gonna turn on me. She's gonna turn exactly.
Speaker 4: Let's not get caught up in the minutia of who she is as a person. I don't know if this strategy would actually work. It sounds kind of manipulative, similar to one of my co hosts, and they're happily married, so it might actually be a good strategy.
Speaker 9: At the end of the day.
Speaker 1: Here's my thing, Like, we tell her this statement, and then what Jeff, Like we tell her, Hey, so and so is, how do we follow up that conversation? You know what?
Speaker 4: He is on the other line right now, So like maybe if you want to try to convince him to go out.
Speaker 2: Like, we won't do a lot of the talking.
Speaker 4: No, I think Evan wants to be in control here.
Speaker 1: So Evan is he's not interested time to call the radio Wait on hold, wind around.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, he's not gonna say hello, it's gonna say suck.
Speaker 7: Oh I forgot I was.
Speaker 4: We're just gonna be super non committal about it and let Evan swoop in.
Speaker 2: For entertainment purposes. I'm in.
Speaker 4: It's an interesting experiment at the very least, So we're gonna find out how it goes when we call her in your second date update right after this Hold on man, second data date. If you're just joining us for the second date, our listener, Evan has asked us to do something that we've never really tried on this segment before, because.
Speaker 2: It's not an idea any of us have ever had, no.
Speaker 4: Probably too smart for our simple brain.
Speaker 2: Oh I like that spin.
Speaker 4: But he wants us to call his date Jenna, and instead of saying he had a lot of fun with you, he really likes you, he wants to see you again, coming on kind of strong, even me saying that.
Speaker 2: Are you giving yourself the itch?
Speaker 4: I kind of even that. It does feel like a lot, That's why. Instead, Evan wants us to say he reached out. But he's kind of on the fence about it, not really sure how he feels. So I don't know how are you feeling about him? Basically reverse psychology Jenna into loving him.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be so disheartened if this works, Like you can't just be open with your emotions anymore.
Speaker 4: Well, Evan has been rejected so many times. He's tired of being put on that side of the conversation. He wants to have the upper hand this time.
Speaker 7: Is the only problem people are like, He's.
Speaker 4: Trying to stop the cycle of what's going on in his life, Right, Evan, It's.
Speaker 5: Time I got to stand up for the pack, you know. And there's a storyline that's just been playing over and over again.
Speaker 1: I think you could have used the quote about like how someone who does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result is the definition of insanity youth.
Speaker 4: And he thinks that if he does it this way, then she's going to be more open to not just a second date, but the third date, the fourth date.
Speaker 7: So how cool do we play it?
Speaker 6: Jeff I'm worried, like, do we do we get her name wrong at first?
Speaker 4: It's a good question, but I think we just have to play kind of non committal and more just ask her about what she thinks about the date. We'll just go right to that. Okay, I like deafening silence from the room. Okay, here we go, let's try it.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 4: Hey, is this Jenna.
Speaker 10: Who's calling?
Speaker 4: We're a radio show actually called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Hey Jenna, Hi, thanks for picking up. We're doing a segment on our show A you may have heard of it before. It's called a second date update.
Speaker 11: Yes, but where you got your calling me?
Speaker 1: We're kind of surprised we're calling you too. Yeah, this segment because it doesn't actually fit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, this is a little bit different than what we normally do. But we got an email from one of our listeners that you went out with His name's Evan. Okay, yeah, yeah, remember going out with Evan?
Speaker 10: I do? Okay, yeah I do.
Speaker 4: Evan emailed our show. He told us that the two of you went out and you know yet he had a decent time. He's considering seeing you again, but he is kind of on the fence about it.
Speaker 9: Yeah what he said that, he's just he I.
Speaker 4: Mean, yeah, like he enjoyed the date, no question about it, but the future he's a little bit uncertain of.
Speaker 10: So he doesn't like me.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, he doesn't not like you, but he just doesn't he doesn't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, his heart is congested. What confused? I don't know. He he doesn't know. That's tell what I meant. He doesn't know where his mind is at one hundred percent. He's trying to figure stuff out.
Speaker 10: I guess I'm just confused. I thought we liked each other. I thought everything was.
Speaker 4: Say specifically that he liked you? Or did you just feel the d.
Speaker 2: Does that anymore?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Did he write a note and circle yes or no? Do you like you?
Speaker 4: Would make it a whole lot easier, But glad I like you?
Speaker 7: So far.
Speaker 4: No, Sometimes it's hard to know how people feel. Sometimes you're reading signs, you're reading them wrong.
Speaker 10: No, No, we had a great time.
Speaker 8: We even kissed.
Speaker 4: Okay, well that's good. Tell us more of stuff like that, like what exactly happened on the day. We'll give us more indications of why you think he liked you were.
Speaker 2: Out of a box right now.
Speaker 10: Well, I mean we grabed drinks, I got to really know him. He was super, super nice. I don't really go out with nice guys, so he was the first nice guy in a very long time.
Speaker 2: Or she thinks.
Speaker 9: More.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe you thought that he liked you, but he never actually said that to you. Could just be like a vibe that you were getting.
Speaker 10: Honestly, this is just extremely disappointing to hear because we were vibing.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, maybe the vibe that you're feeling from him is the literal phone line connection that is happening right now because he is listening to this call.
Speaker 2: Oh makes him feel like he wants it more. Yeah, you know, I'm just going to say that.
Speaker 4: I will say he does want to talk.
Speaker 10: To you, though, Evan, what is going on? I'm so confused.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sorry to throw a loop in things. But you thought I was nice? Yeah, I thought you were really nice too. But uh, I'm just not totally sure that there's a romantic connection between us. I'm just not sure.
Speaker 10: Huh. Okay, well I guess I guess maybe we're just better off friends.
Speaker 4: Well hold on, what are you doing, dude.
Speaker 5: I don't I don't think we should jump to that. I just I need to be sure that you really do feel that way before I.
Speaker 8: This is weird.
Speaker 10: This is a very strange way of going about this.
Speaker 2: I don't even understand where he's trying to go here.
Speaker 4: Evan, you're saying, you're saying that she's saying that she likes you, but you're not sure if you believe.
Speaker 5: That, not completely, because I'm a nice guy and I I have a hard time believing that she really likes that.
Speaker 1: I thought you just said you were attracted to her because there was no romantic connection for you.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying there isn't. There isn't. I'm not sure. I'm in the middle here.
Speaker 2: Okay, your message, I think is getting a little lost.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, Jenna, maybe you have to show him a little bit more strongly that the feelings are there that it's worth it.
Speaker 11: After all this, why would I do that?
Speaker 10: I mean, this was it was going so well without even getting anyone else involved. This is like turning me away.
Speaker 4: You see, one day they're saying they like him, and then all of a sudden something switches and switches.
Speaker 1: Is you telling her there's no romantic connection and that you weren't sure if you liked her or not.
Speaker 2: That's the switch. You can turn that back. You can be honest about where you stand.
Speaker 10: I would have never been weirded out as I am right this moment if you just didn't do all this. This is very strange of what's turning me off.
Speaker 4: Oh no, it.
Speaker 5: Would have happened on the second or her date anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jenny, one realize this now, but after three dates with him, you would realize that you weren't into him.
Speaker 2: Now we're going to tell her how she's going to feel on a future date unless.
Speaker 4: We're wrong, Because we unless we're wrong, Because normally at this time I would offer to send you guys out and we would pay for it. But I kind of have a vibe that both of you are still on the fence. At least you might want to plead your case to him right now, Jenna and ask Evan out.
Speaker 2: After he turned her down.
Speaker 5: I want to partner who will fight for me.
Speaker 4: Okay after one date, that's respectable. I think it's an Are you willing to fight for him, Jenna right now?
Speaker 10: To be asked?
Speaker 1: You know, I mean, you have nothing else to lose at this point, Evan, Why don't you just tell her the truth?
Speaker 10: I mean, what is this truth? You have to tell me? This is the very insane that how this is working out right now? If you have to tell me something, I mean, you might as well tell me right now.
Speaker 5: Look, the truth is I really like you. And I was afraid that if I just carried on being nice and showing that I really liked you, that you would get bored with me. And if I use reverse psychology on you, then you would think that I was a bad boy or like something that you're really attracted to and want to, like, really work towards winning me. I'm usually the one that's trying to win somebody over, and I wanted to flip the script.
Speaker 10: Oh buddy, I mean, thank you for being honest finally about this.
Speaker 8: It was weird.
Speaker 10: It was a weird way of going about it, but he was just.
Speaker 2: Trying something new.
Speaker 1: Dating's hard these days, and he liked you, and he didn't know how to keep it going, and it wasn't the smartest move.
Speaker 2: I think he is finally understanding that.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, now that we've really sold him, we'd love to offer to send you guys out on another date, Jenna, and we would pay for it. I mean, he has finally come clean, He's told you the truth, and no more games going forward, at least not from Evans, has never happened.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jenna, I promised no games going forward.
Speaker 1: Come on, Jenna, don't meet the player, hate the game.
Speaker 2: Let's go one more day, don't. Yeah, we're the games.
Speaker 4: We're going to date.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Reverse psychology does work.
Speaker 2: The honest truth works, Your real feelings work.
Speaker 7: Like we feel accomplished when literally nothing changed.
Speaker 1: We did it.
Speaker 5: You guys have the best.
Speaker 4: Thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 2: Buddy, my brain, I don't feel like it.
Speaker 9: It's freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: I don't think there's any way she would have said yes if Evan didn't finally come clean and just be honest about his true feelings at the end.
Speaker 2: There, Yeah, no, I mean we literally just we added more drama.
Speaker 7: We did, and there was no need for it. This is what happens when us non cool guys try and play cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: That's right, Jose be yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, it's a nice dude, be a nice dude. So a win for nice guys everywhere. And he's lucky that for some weird reason she just liked him for who he was.
Speaker 1: But I really don't want to get an update from them that on the third date she decided there was no romantic.
Speaker 4: He's just too nice.
Speaker 3: More so, we need to talk to all the girls to find out what's the real reason.
Speaker 7: He keeps up the act and he shows up an hour late to the date.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's all right. But you know what, if you're a nice guy, or if you're a bad boy, or anything in between, we will help you with your dating life. Email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back. Go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcast app Brooke and Jeffrey and on.
Speaker 9: YouTube Freaking Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Look, kids are great.
Speaker 7: Love I see it, I hear.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I'm just saying sometimes there are certain situations where you'd rather not have a child around. Oh for sure, at the Tantric massage parlor near Brooks House, I.
Speaker 2: Would not invite kids there the kids are welcoming there.
Speaker 4: Or at an important job interview. He's a Timothy, he might be my future boss. Please don't say that. Or in the middle of a romantic dinner date now, but that's what happened to one of our listeners recently when a random child walked up to their table at the restaurant and decided to say something. They didn't realize that the time would throw off the rest of the entire evening. So we're not again not saying kids are bad.
Speaker 2: Saying they shouldn't be allowed in restaurants.
Speaker 4: Child should in and apologize for what you're about to hear. Second day updated, Next second date update. What's the fastest you've ever gone from dating app to first date?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 7: Wow, that's interesting because usually.
Speaker 4: It takes some your sweet talking and finagling little get to know you. You make a couple jokes, exchange a couple picks. But Gabe says they only sent two messages before they agreed to meet up to record what.
Speaker 2: One the messages. It had to be more than how are you Wow?
Speaker 4: I don't know what it says. It either screamed super charming or super desperate? So which one of those would you say describes you the best?
Speaker 8: I would say definitely super charming.
Speaker 1: You know, it's okay if you're both desperate at the same time. It cancels each other out. It's like two negatives gay right.
Speaker 6: Gave a lot of people can relate. I had a girl snap me the other day, Hey, I got a pack of butt lights? Can I come over? And I was like, whoa well, stranger danger?
Speaker 2: That's a terrible yeah.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 7: She obviously was yes and gave.
Speaker 4: By the way, that was his mom too. Everyone, you're already starting off on a higher level than us. Tell us about the woman that you met online, right, Yeah, So.
Speaker 8: I met this girl in Abby off a dating app and we didn't really mess her around with this small talk right away, and I'm like that anyway, so it was kind of perfect. She's like, Hey, I'm not a big texture or pen pal person, let's just meet.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, doing is that the first message she sent you? Or had you messaged her first?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 8: No, that was on her dating profile.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, So it wasn't special treatment for you.
Speaker 8: Correct. She's very blunt into the point, which I really loved.
Speaker 2: So what did you write to her to make her interested in meeting up with you in person?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 8: I think it wasn't much. It was like, I agree with you, let's not get stuck on this app in text, let's meet in person. And she had an amazing smile, so I knew I was there was attraction. So I'm like, great, let's meet.
Speaker 4: That's awesome because you have the entire rest of your lives to talk and bore each other and get to know each other that way. Let's just cut right to the gym room.
Speaker 1: I don't know that your total strangers, Like you don't mean, it's one thing when you're like set up on a blind date by a friend, you just there's some like, well, somebody's vouching for this person.
Speaker 2: True, this is like out of the.
Speaker 7: Blue internet stranger.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I didn't really feel she was a stranger. Like she had a nice listings of stuff on her profile. I kind of had an idea of who she was, you know what I mean, Like I kind of knew, at least in writing what kind of person she was, so I felt comfortable.
Speaker 5: Was a big deal.
Speaker 4: That's great. So that is good, Yes, yeah, a little little danger. It is exciting her. So what did you guys end up doing?
Speaker 7: I mean you obviously met.
Speaker 8: Right, Yeah, so we met up at a restaurant.
Speaker 2: Are really jumped right into it. I thought for sure it'd be.
Speaker 8: Coffee, Yeah it was. It was dinner and she getting to know her a little bit at dinner. She's a very to the point person, but still friendly. She wasn't like ameanor and isn't. She's a very beautiful, great smile.
Speaker 7: That'd be kind of funny.
Speaker 6: She sits down, She's like, all right, let's get these appetisers going.
Speaker 7: Don't look at me, don't talk to me. Let's first, Yeah, let's eat and then we'll go from there.
Speaker 1: But it's so different, like you're going into a dinner where you know nothing about this person.
Speaker 2: All the other days, are you know some history?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 7: Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 4: But if you get to know people, then that gives you reasons to not like that, saf to not do that. I get it, just like I've never Yeah, I don't want that. No one should ever ask me anything. What did it work out?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 4: For you, Gab and Abby?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was the conversation?
Speaker 8: Like, it was a great conversation. We talked about family and what she's into and what she does outside of work. So it was a nice flow. I mean, I'm not gonna lie. And then actually, something really cute happened. Some little kid came up to our table. He was in a like a Superman cape, you know. He came kind of running up and she was playing along like, hey, Superman, are you here? Looking for you a villain? Like she was like playing into this kid.
Speaker 2: Said some parents like this is a restaurant.
Speaker 8: Basically I have would have been the same way, like kids, go scram go with your parents. You're interrupting our day. So like she was like charming actually, and so I was like, oh and look at I want to have kids one day. And so I'm like, maybe this would be a great mom.
Speaker 2: It's a future. Milk didn't tell her that. That's usually a turn off when you hear that on a first date you're going to be a great mom.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, I held off on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a sweet thought.
Speaker 4: How did the dinner end?
Speaker 8: So it ended, I thought pretty well. And I said to her, you know, I'm thinking I'd want another day with you, and she kind of laughs and says, we'll see, but in a cute the way. But now it's been here, we are a week and a half later and and nothing. She hasn't responded to me, So.
Speaker 2: Maybe she wasn't being as cutesy as you thought when.
Speaker 8: She said that, Yeah, did I do something wrong? Did I say something? I'd like to know where I stand. I feel like it's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be easy if this is a direct person.
Speaker 7: I'm just gonna say that easier to pick up and then it should be a short phone call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she might be brutally honest, so prepared for that.
Speaker 4: But you would think if she was that brutally honest, she would have just told him directly, we're not going to hang out again. Hanging Yeah, I don't know. Around could have been her kid actually in real life, and she just wanted to, like from Mommy's on the.
Speaker 2: Date I told you sit in booth number four, honey.
Speaker 4: That could have been her little test and you.
Speaker 8: Failed, super boy God, that really was her kid, then you know, that's pretty impressive. Bravo to her. I didn't see that coming, but the kid didn't look like her. By the way, it didn't look like her, so I didn't think that you better go check.
Speaker 2: Your bill make sure you didn't pay for kids.
Speaker 4: We're gonna find out for sure when we come back. We call this woman and we interrogate her on if she's a mom or not, and if she wants to go out with you again.
Speaker 2: I think we get come in a little looser than that hard.
Speaker 4: And fast Superman. Can we do your second date update right after this.
Speaker 9: Date?
Speaker 4: Look, it's a kid.
Speaker 7: A restaurant and he didn't get kicked out.
Speaker 4: Because one of our listeners, Gabe was on a date with a woman recently when a super child swooped up to their table. Yeah, and the woman he was with, named Abby, treated him really nicely, shocking.
Speaker 2: Played along, even got into the game of pretend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like who's the villain? Ah Broccoli is my kryptonite? No, And when he suggested afterwards that they hang out again, Abby replied, we'll see.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: She thought was flirting until she stopped calling him yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, directly to the point. And hopefully it's not going to take superhero strength to get Gabe another date here, because looking around the room, I don't know if we have it in this To be.
Speaker 1: Honest, Alexis said, she lifted one way to that Jim yesterday I did.
Speaker 2: I'm a little sore, but I might be able to pull for you.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 4: Two and a half pounder. Good for you, any chance? Never mind, I would have given us more credit, Gabe. On a scale of one to ten, how confident are you that we're going to get this done for you?
Speaker 8: Probably a six?
Speaker 9: I thought you.
Speaker 4: Said ten.
Speaker 8: Well yeah, then thinking at you, guys, I just feel like I've done something wrong and I'm a little nervous about it.
Speaker 7: Okay, so you're the reason it's a six. I like that we blame you, all right.
Speaker 4: We're gonna put all the blame on you if this goes wrong, but if it goes right, one hundred percent of the credit goes to us. I like that deal. Let's call this lady for you. See, we can get another date.
Speaker 8: Here we go.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hey is this Sabby?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hey Abby? You may or may not know us, but we're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we were hoping we could take a second of your time to talk uh date life.
Speaker 2: What Hi?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 7: Abby?
Speaker 2: Sorry? I almost called you Gabby because.
Speaker 4: I mean, it kind of makes sense you were laughing at what I said.
Speaker 7: Sorry, I probably talked to her a little bit.
Speaker 4: I like talking around her. Gabby, what's up? You know what, I'm mashing the name up with the guy that you went out.
Speaker 6: With recently, boasting either this is all awful.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, Abby, you know what.
Speaker 4: At this point, we're just gonna have Alexis takeover run the combo on the phone.
Speaker 7: Where's four of US's a whole room full of us together?
Speaker 2: We make more from you.
Speaker 7: Well, we're a morning show. It's a radio show.
Speaker 11: I'm on the radio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got there when we're doing a segment called a second Date Update and we're trying to help out one of our listeners named Gabe, who you met at a restaurant recently.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: Did you have a fun time with Gabe?
Speaker 11: Look here, this is the all I like getting to know him. I found him to be interesting at first, but then he said a bunch of things that are pretty out putting to me.
Speaker 8: And I'm just gonna leave it at that.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean one of the good things he said about you is he loved how honest you were, and so I don't I don't know that he would be hurt to hear what you.
Speaker 2: Have to say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's just a little clueless. I don't think that he realizes that he said anything that could have come across offensive.
Speaker 11: One of the things that he sent to me at first was you look nice in this light.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, Well, because it's in this light.
Speaker 11: That's the thing. There was no light. It was super dark where we were, Like, I looked nice in the dark.
Speaker 8: That look.
Speaker 4: I've heard you say this before, Like, ooh, the lighting in here is perfect.
Speaker 2: For me that I can say that about myself.
Speaker 11: He said. More than that. We haven't even gotten to the other things he said.
Speaker 4: Okay, oh there's more.
Speaker 11: He said, I bet you're so pretty that the guys online are throwing themselves at you. What the guys in person don't like?
Speaker 2: Okay, I think that's a little bit of a stretch.
Speaker 1: I think that maybe you were hurt from the lighting comment, and then you're like, so now you're looking for the backhanded compliments.
Speaker 11: No, like, I have nothing else to offer except my look, Like come on.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what's interesting. He didn't even bring up your looks when we talked to him about what she has other things to offer.
Speaker 1: He talked about how lovely and and and how great she was with the kid and what a good person she said, Kid, you did.
Speaker 4: Mention a good moment where a kid came up to the table and you were really playful.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he was like, I'm so impressed that I shockingly be good with kids. Like, of course him good with kids.
Speaker 2: It seems like.
Speaker 4: Every time hold on you were offended that he said that you seem to be good with kids.
Speaker 8: Yeah, like, why wouldn't I be.
Speaker 1: I don't think he meant it as a surprise. He just has never met you before, so everything's new and.
Speaker 4: He's blue expectations.
Speaker 2: But I just think you give him a chance. Like he's nervous, he's trying to be nice to you.
Speaker 11: I don't see it that way at all.
Speaker 4: Well, you don't have to take it directly from us. You can actually hear it straight from Gabe's mouth, because he's on the other line listening right now, wanting to talk to you and not compliment you in any way. Well, I don't know that, Gabe.
Speaker 8: Are you there, Hey, guys, Hey Abby, hey here we are.
Speaker 4: Like this award, He's clearly a little bit scared.
Speaker 11: So there's another person on the line too.
Speaker 2: It's a good guy, the one you went out with.
Speaker 11: Ah, this is like a crazy party it Gabe, talk to Abby, tell her what you meant.
Speaker 9: So.
Speaker 8: I didn't mean anything like negative or derogatory. I was trying to compliment you. I was trying to be flirty. I was trying to be cutty, cheeky, you know what I mean. And I don't remember you having an ego.
Speaker 10: Like you do.
Speaker 8: Now I will say that that's but I mean, I just I'm shocked to hear all this. And when I said you look good in this light, you took it in a way that I meant that had nothing to do with what you thought. It was like, maybe you have some insecurity issues.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 11: Oh so that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: Okay, let me just jump in really quick. I think what he meant by that is I'm really really sorry.
Speaker 1: All you have to do is bring Jeff on every date you ever go on, and he will interpret in the correct way.
Speaker 4: Men have a hard time expressing what they really feel inside, so I can train he's deeply apologetic.
Speaker 11: I am not hearing that at all.
Speaker 2: Like, GiB why are you saying.
Speaker 1: Things like that, You're being like, you're like accusing her of having a big ego and being insecure.
Speaker 2: Why would you even mention that?
Speaker 8: Again, I was being trying to be cute and flirty, and now I'm hearing the side of her like which came out of nowhere. She didn't say any of this during our dinner. I'm just glad I didn't say anything wrong, truly, because.
Speaker 4: Yes, I can understand gave you. You're feeling a little bit attacked because she's she's she thinks that you're being insulting, and you don't feel that way. Maybe this is a good chance to hit the reset button and try complimenting her in a totally non offensive, completely one hundred percent safe way. Every let's give it a shit.
Speaker 2: Do not say you're smart for a woman, don't say.
Speaker 4: That, don't don't say what Brooks husband tells to her.
Speaker 8: I will compliment you right now again, Abby, like I did a few times. You are remarkable, you are gorgeous and an incredible soon to be mother. And how you kind of played with that young kid who came over.
Speaker 11: I want fat now too.
Speaker 8: No, No, where are you getting this what's wrong, like, what's happening here?
Speaker 11: No enough, Honestly, this has been enough. I didn't need to engage in it a second time, quite frankly, So I'm it word of advice next time you go out with a woman, A beautiful woman, a lovely woman. I mean, maybe just try not to shame her all the time. Okay, I don't think it's not a bad.
Speaker 2: Piece of advice of course.
Speaker 4: Gave you can compliment her on that nice piece of advice that.
Speaker 8: She gave you. That was a wonderful piece of advice. Abby. I'm going to take it to heart, and I'm going to make a note in my journal about it when I write tonight. So I appreciate that, and I wish you the best. You're You're beautiful, You're charming. I don't have an ego.
Speaker 11: We're done wonderful.
Speaker 7: You are we even gonna ask?
Speaker 4: Well, we still need to. I think technically their.
Speaker 7: Chemistry is off, like no one's done anything crazy.
Speaker 2: This would happen if they texted before they went on.
Speaker 4: It's a good point. But we would love to offer to send you guys out to meet up one more time. Well, it's a no from Abby. It sounds like, but Gabe, I haven't heard from you. Are you still in a solo date by yourself?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean if you guys are paying, I wouldn't mind that. That's nice.
Speaker 4: Okay, like practice, yes, by yourself, maybe across from a mirror.
Speaker 7: Is at a lowlit diner just talking to himself.
Speaker 4: Getting super offended by the things that he said.
Speaker 9: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well that was one of those second dates that escalates quickly and we don't know what to do with it.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like, how could two opposite people just find each other?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I know, they just don't go well together.
Speaker 4: They did, Brooke, though, I do have to give it to you here because for what you were very calm and rational when talking to the callers today and not emotional and controller like normal. I was impressed, is what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 2: That is what we call it backhand compliment. Jeffrey.
Speaker 4: No, I'm just saying that you were so poised that I hardly even noticed your mismatched outfit. Okay, you can't take to that I'm giving you a compliment. I said, I did not know it the years round.
Speaker 2: If it was anyone else, I'd take offense to it. And I don't really care about his opinion.
Speaker 4: Bro, I think that you're hearing what you want to hear that. Yeah, and just the fact that you're hearing it all at your age is so let's get a lost everybody.
Speaker 7: I can't.
Speaker 4: Let's get I can't hear that studio loves you. That's what I'm trying to say. Remember, if you want to get a second date up that you can email the show. We'll call that person wasn't calling you back. Check out all our second date updates on our podcast. Wherever you get your is that broken? Jeffers