Speaker 1: Because two is officially better than one. Welcome to your second date classes. I see what you did there. Yeah, yeah, it's Brigg and Jeffrey in the morning. We're putting two classics back to back for you so you can get whatever you need to get done done today and just have a little dose of second day on your Saturday or the opposite. Don't do anything and just sit and listen productive you know. Yeah, we don't judge you, all right, just enjoy it starts right now.
Speaker 2: I know. Whenever I'm traveling to spend time with my parents over the holidays, I always have one thing on my mind.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: How can I get out of spending time with my parents over the holidays?
Speaker 1: We're already thinking about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and one of our listeners I think, had a pretty good idea, invite a guy over to your family's house to take you away from them for a whole night. No okay, But unfortunately for her, that idea backfired spectacularly. Oh and we're all going to find out what happened when we do your second date update. Next second date up date. You're going back home for the holidays can be really fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm so exciting.
Speaker 2: It can be great to reconnect with your siblings again, your grandparents, relatives you haven't seen in a while. And if you're really lucky, you might even see someone from your past and have a little holiday Hookupsaily not your family and.
Speaker 1: When everybody goes out yet, didn't.
Speaker 2: Your old pe coach reconnect and get the second base or something?
Speaker 1: No, he married, I think one of my other friends.
Speaker 2: Oh too bad for you, Brooke, mister Chance. But one of our listeners, Simone, reconnected with someone recently. Not a next boyfriend. It was just a guy from her high school. And I'm curious about how it went down because she's on the phone right now, Simone. So was this a fellow student or a faculty member?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it was not a faculty member.
Speaker 1: Okay, Honestly, I hooked up with more guys from my high school way post high school than I did in high school. I was too dorky in high school. Nobody wanted to all I try. It's not that I didn't try.
Speaker 2: Some are late and some skankers.
Speaker 1: What we call it bloomers.
Speaker 2: All right, as long as you get it done. So someone who is this guy that you met up with?
Speaker 3: So his name is Jack, and we reconnected over Facebook because I had posted that I was coming home and I was really excited to spend time with my family and friends like the holidays, and I was trying to kind of give everybody a heads up that I went to school with so we could try to plan something and all catch up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like like a mini informal reunion almost. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And did you know that you wanted to hook up with him immediately or did you want to wait and see how it went?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: So that's the thing is that like it. This is a guy that we've never dated. We were always kind of floating around in like neighboring circles, but we were never super close.
Speaker 1: Okay, and got it.
Speaker 3: He was one of the first people to comment on this post. Oh, I was like, Oh, this would be great, would love to catch up. And I was like catch up, Like, what do we have to talk about? Look like we didn't you know, you.
Speaker 1: Know some people who stay in the hometown that you're from. Yes, maybe need some outside influence everyone to watch.
Speaker 5: Yes, what she's saying.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you, I will not miss an opportunity to show off my glow up.
Speaker 1: So Okay, I got that good.
Speaker 2: So what did you and Jack do when you met up?
Speaker 3: Well, this is the thing. So we were texting for a while until I got back and trying to make plans, and I was staying with my family, so I was like, why don't we just make it easy. You can come pick me up from my family's place and we'll go wherever you want to go.
Speaker 1: Oh, so this feels more like a date than a hangout if it's just you.
Speaker 3: Too, Yeah, I guess so I think maybe I don't know if that was the intention, but things kind of ended up taking slave turn and it wasn't really anybody's fault. But he came to pick me up when I was fit. I just finished dinner with my family, and my family was like, oh, you know, why don't you come in for a second, which I kind of gave him the look of like you don't have to do this, But he was very cool and came in and be all we're just hanging It was really sweet, like we were all hanging out for a while, and like because like.
Speaker 1: It's not like he knew your family in high school. You guys weren't even.
Speaker 5: Really pressure situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, if that happened to me, I would absolutely not want to go inside there. I do not want to spend my precious free time during the holidays meeting some other person's family.
Speaker 5: Meeting families, yeah.
Speaker 1: But not people meeting mine and parents always love me so much.
Speaker 2: Okay, we get it, Brook, You're amazing everybody person in the world, and everyone wants to go. Their kids don't like me, but they like Okay, Well, so what happened with Jack?
Speaker 3: Well, so we're all talking and we ended up like playing some games and everybody was played a.
Speaker 1: Good time, so they full on like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean I didn't mean for that to happen. It just kind of did.
Speaker 5: Playing the piano, singing carols together.
Speaker 1: He was into it though, Yeah, he was.
Speaker 3: And I will say this, my dad was a little tipsy, which around the holidays is not a surprise. Yeah, and he was kind of ribbing them a little bit, like, what are your intentions with my daughter?
Speaker 2: I know, I know, let me go to the laundry room and then I'll show you. Is that not how your guys' family holidays?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I never had to take take my dad into the laundry room.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Just the teacher I know, how did Jack handle the ribbing?
Speaker 3: He just kind of laughed it off, and finally I kind of pulled him aside and I was like, hey, listen, we can get out of here whenever you need to, like we already were here a lot longer than I thought. And he was like, oh, I just got a text from where my friends and they really need me, so I actually I have to get going ye And he's like, well, well, we'll catch up in a few days. And of course, in my head, I'm like, did he really get a text from his friend or I think that maybe he didn't.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like maybe he thought you guys were just going out as friends, and then your dad is assuming that you're a couple. Like it just it feels like a lot of weirdness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree. And the way we left it was we'll make more plans, we'll text and we'll figure it out, and then just never heard back from him.
Speaker 5: A complete ghost. It's not like he's stalling.
Speaker 3: No, no, Like I just he just went radio silent, and so I don't know what happened.
Speaker 1: Are you crushing on him? Still? Like you still like him?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean especially too, like seeing how cool. He was with paying out with my family for a little bit.
Speaker 5: That's impressing.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: I did have a weird thought though, like, while he was bonding with your family, do you have any single siblings or or single hot aunt don that maybe like could have swooped in.
Speaker 3: No, I'm the only girl. I have two brothers.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's an option for him though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean there's a chance that someone could have taken him from you, right from under your nose.
Speaker 1: Probably some messed up family dynamics. If that's the case, it's.
Speaker 2: Called the holidays broke.
Speaker 4: Things happen.
Speaker 2: But let's find out what really happened when we play a song. Come back, call him and try and get your second date update.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you?
Speaker 2: All right, hold on second date update. One of the main rules of dating, and I think everybody knows this is if you really like someone, you do not introduce them to your family for at least three to four years until you're one hundred percent sure they won't be scared off.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: I would say probably even pop out a few kids with them before they meet the family, just to be safe. Or you could end up like Simone who was so supposed to go out with an old high school friend named Jack till her family invited him inside during the holidays, and look what happened. I mean, he ran away. Hasn't been heard from since that night.
Speaker 5: They should have heard your advice first show.
Speaker 1: Are we blaming the drunk dad? Is that where we're blaming?
Speaker 2: Or no, we don't know who to blame.
Speaker 5: That's where I'm leaning.
Speaker 8: I think even though it's a joke, it's still very intimidating to know your dad is even thinking that.
Speaker 1: It's such an old cliche joke.
Speaker 2: Really, my gun, Yeah, Simon, do you wish that you hadn't let him come inside that house that night?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, we know it's absolutely true the answer, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I mean, or do you wish that your dad was funnier?
Speaker 3: I mean he thinks he's funny, which is way worse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Well we're going to try and get you a second chance.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 2: We're gonna call Jack and find out which member of your family is the one to blame. Or maybe it was something that was totally unrelated.
Speaker 7: I love.
Speaker 5: We think it has to be the fame.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, yeah.
Speaker 2: It's like the holiday edition of Clue.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, is it the mom in the kitchen with the butcher knife or Colonel Father.
Speaker 2: Let's get to the bottom of this. I'm gonna Dilla's number right now here we go. Hello, I nose brush the microphone. Hey is this Jack?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 6: Yes, this is he.
Speaker 1: You are all taking ready? I like Jack?
Speaker 2: I know you see Jack. You're you're on the radio right now with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I seem alert because I answer business calls.
Speaker 1: Uh this is kind of a business call. It's about your business.
Speaker 2: Ye, your personal business with an old friend of yours name Simone.
Speaker 6: Wait, what is this about? What's going on?
Speaker 2: This is about a segment we do on our show called a second Date Update, and our listeners will reach out to us sometimes and ask us to help them reconnect with an old fling or an old date that they went out with that they haven't heard from in a while.
Speaker 6: Okay, but I'm not old.
Speaker 4: I'm not an old person.
Speaker 1: Old people.
Speaker 2: You answered a phone number that you didn't recognize that is older.
Speaker 1: So bald. Oh, Jack, I bet you're regretting it right now.
Speaker 4: I was just, you know, I thought maybe something was wrong with my car's extended warranty.
Speaker 1: It's okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Look, we all make mistakes, and your mistake was answering this call. But we do want to get some answers because Simone told us that you guys hung out the other night, and you.
Speaker 4: Know, I'm sorry to I'm sorry to interrupt you, but I just now I don't think I want to do this, Okay.
Speaker 1: Is it because it wasn't supposed to be a date with Simone? Is I supposed to just be more like of a friend hang out.
Speaker 4: Like no, no, no, no, no no no. I'm definitely interested in Simone.
Speaker 6: Well I was.
Speaker 2: Interested was I mean, look, I know you're hesitant on talking about it, and I understand that, but can you put yourself in Simon's shoes here? Because she was really looking forward to spending time with you and reconnecting. And I mean she had no intention of the night going the way that it did, where you were invited into her family's house.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean she thought you. I mean, maybe she read it wrong. The only reason you guys stayed there was because she thought you were having a good time hanging out with her family and playing board games.
Speaker 4: WHOA, you guys know a lot about what happened.
Speaker 1: Like date detectives.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of weird.
Speaker 2: We talked to some run She told us about what happened that night, and we were wondering if something happened while you're in the house with her family that made you.
Speaker 4: No, No, it was just well it wasn't.
Speaker 6: It was just an uncomfortable situation.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, she feels bad for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well no, but just no, not not going in and talking to her family.
Speaker 6: Her family was great, nice and.
Speaker 2: So great that maybe you hooked up with one of them.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was a theory that I had. I'm glad that we can squash it right now, but yeah, so he can. Definitely, was the text that you got the emergency text? Was that real or was that fake?
Speaker 4: No? No, it was not real. I did not I did not see the emergency.
Speaker 1: But she knew that. So don't feel bad admitting that. Like, I mean, it was pretty obvious. What made you run from the house.
Speaker 4: So what made what made me need to leave is I was having a nice chat with her mom and as as we're talking, I look over and I see some Christmas cards and I see one from Simone with another guy and they're both like up together and it was like a it looked like a you know, a couple had sent a card and it was Simone and this dude.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, she didn't mention anything about an ex boyfriend, but obviously the card could have been sent out long before. And then they broke up, Like, really do you send Christmas card? Who brings a guy over to your house with your family if you're dating someone else to a point where you're sending Christmas cards together? Like, why wouldn't you just ask Simone? Then? Why wouldn't you ask her?
Speaker 4: Because I just felt like, in order to not just escalate things, I wanted to I just you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, well you just wanted to jump to conclusions.
Speaker 8: I know you just took pictures recently.
Speaker 2: I know you don't want to have that awkward conversation with her, but I kind of do right now because she's on the other line listening and wants to be asked an awkward, escalating question.
Speaker 6: What I'm hi, you've been listen in this whole time. This is like, this is so awkward.
Speaker 3: I know, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's kind of cool that you went to these lengths to try to get a hold of me. But I just, you know, I just this is just really bizarre. So who is the guy? Come on, tell me?
Speaker 6: Are you seeing nobody? Are you in a relationship?
Speaker 2: Because like, okay, hold on, Jack, you're asking like five different questions. Let's just let's do one question at a time.
Speaker 1: Who's the guy?
Speaker 2: Oh, I was gonna start what kind of sweater are you wearing right now? Because that I might ease his tension a little bit. The guy.
Speaker 3: First of all, I can't believe you even saw that card. I I'm so mad at my mom right now.
Speaker 2: Why are you dating that guy?
Speaker 3: Not technically.
Speaker 1: What your parents are wing wing Manny your side piece.
Speaker 3: No, so listen, Okay, I'll be honest. That guy's is a guy that I dated for a while, and we always did these stupid Christmas cards and we're not exclusive. We are not together. We hook up every once in a while, but we're.
Speaker 1: Not there's a gay, okay, but you promise you're not exclusive with him? Oh, you're not exclusive and you send Christmas cards out together? That seems yeah. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: More of a joke because we would do it every year, so we kind of just kept up with the tradition. Because we both didn't want our families hassling us at the holidays for being single. So we were like, we should just do a Christmas card anyway, and that backfired so funny.
Speaker 4: So I just I'm actually, I mean, Simon, I really want to be with somebody that's emotionally available and not you know, still, even if it's not like you know, you're not exclusive, you're still seeing him. I just I'm just not comfortable being with somebody who's seeing other people.
Speaker 3: So I just, well, that's the thing, is like I had a great time hanging out with you, and I really want to get to know you better. And I am not invested in this guy. Like I said, it's somebody that I dated, and it was just I didn't have anybody else I was interested in, and it was just, you know, I'll call him later today and tell him that we can't see each other anymore.
Speaker 2: Really, Jack, is that something that you'd be into, because if you're willing to see her again, then we'll pay for that date.
Speaker 4: I have one question. Did you hook up with him over the holidays?
Speaker 2: Be honest here, Simon, did it happen? And what sweater were you wearing at the time.
Speaker 3: It didn't happen over the holidays, but it has happened recently.
Speaker 2: All Jack, I need an answer from you. What do you think one more date with Simone? We'll pay for it?
Speaker 4: I don't think so. Here's why.
Speaker 1: It's a healthier why.
Speaker 4: I feel like you could have told me that you were getting out of a relationship.
Speaker 3: And I just I can't we get here.
Speaker 2: It's the holidays. Everybody's sad, we understand, Thank you freaking Jeffrey. In the morning, I was thinking, does that ever work on our show? After the person says no, I'm not interested, and they throw out one last ditch plea like hey what if I break up with the other guy, will you go out with me?
Speaker 1: Then it's like hail Mary?
Speaker 2: Or what if I get a butt lift?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or hey what if I put my dog down because you're allergic? My god, it's always n.
Speaker 1: You made the boyfriend sound like the best option.
Speaker 2: I just can't think of the time where that strategy has ever worked, and she definitely gave it a try.
Speaker 1: God, I just have this feeling that the guy on the cards sweater boy doesn't know that they're not exclusive.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because anyone else's always like that the other one is always like, what, wait, I thought you.
Speaker 5: Were my girlfriend?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I sent out Christmas cards for.
Speaker 2: Ye Yeah, how does it get more intimate than that? But clearly we're not going to be doing any update with that couple anytime soon. But remember you can always listen to any one of our second dates on YouTube because we've got hundreds of them up right now, so a lot of people are actually choosing to listen to our show that way. And remember you can always reach out to us if you have a date that you want us to get a hold of.
Speaker 1: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Did you know that forty seven percent of adults say dating is much harder today than it was just ten years ago.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Yeah, that's a lot now.
Speaker 2: It explains how Brooke was able to trick somebody into marrying her. Meanwhile, our own Alexis is still very single. I'm very, very lonely.
Speaker 1: The odds that I'm going against Brook say that she's more marriage material than what do you say?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just saying I'm shocked at what's happening. One of our listeners has been off the market for about a decade now, and he's trying to wade back into the slime pool of love.
Speaker 1: Don't get slimy, and.
Speaker 2: Already the first person that he went out with is not responding. So we're going to hop into that slime pool with him and try to find out why when we do your second date update, next second date update. When you date online, some people connect over shared interests or hobbies. Other people connect because they're both freaking hot. But one of our listeners, Thomas, says he connected with a woman online over their joint sadness. Oh something like that. Okay, let's suck to Thomas Thomas. Did you meet her on tiarmatch dot com or was it the Kleenex club? Which one was?
Speaker 1: Oh that's cute. Well, that could go wrong.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not getting paid by any the services I use. I'm not gonna give any free advertising. But we did meet online.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's the sadness you speak of? My friend?
Speaker 6: Well, you know how you can put like whether you're single or divorced. There's an option where you can put separated, and so I thought I would be honest since the divorce isn't finalized or anything, so I listed my status as separated.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, why wouldn't you normally do that?
Speaker 6: Well, I would normally tell the truth, That's what I do. But I think sometimes people don't want to scare somebody off, you know, Yeah, it's I think it'd be a turnoff.
Speaker 1: Like people are in the middle of something really messy, like you just don't want to even swipe on them, like.
Speaker 8: On Facebook when they're single, and people sometimes put it's complicated.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's a mess.
Speaker 5: You're obviously involved with somebody.
Speaker 2: But some people think that's a turn on. There like a disaster.
Speaker 1: People you usually want to date.
Speaker 2: Jeff well, I don't know. He says that he matched with somebody that was separated too.
Speaker 6: It sounds like, yes, her name is Celia and she also had separated on her profile O bab. Yeah, she had a very nice smile. She had big curly hair. I'm a sucker perfose, you know, I.
Speaker 5: Didn't think that was coming.
Speaker 2: But awesome, Okay, that's good. The hair is also a very good feature.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's it's a good start. Though I'm going to change the subjects real quick. It's a good start that you guys are going through. I mean, I don't know how similar it is, but a similar life experience. So you're coming in with understanding and you probably don't feel like you have to explain a lot, right, Sure, Well, I mean.
Speaker 6: That's kind of like prefaces into why I'm calling y'all. We went on a date and this was my first first date since the you know, well, my BBX wife. Yeah, and she's not a couple of guys like coffee or something super casual, and so we you know, we went, I got up by to eat.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, what were you feeling?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Slow down, because this is the first date out of your marriage.
Speaker 5: Let me guess. Hold on, I'm a psychic. You were nervous.
Speaker 1: No, he could have been feeling excited.
Speaker 8: Hold on, whatsychs is worth the money?
Speaker 5: Tell us?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I went all out. You know, I got dressed in the nines like Jim Carrey and dumbit dummar a tuxpedo.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 8: Okay, that doesn't sound nervous, no, of course, of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you never know. You've been out of the dating game for a minute. Maybe you just didn't read the room right anymore.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean I thought that was positive that, you know, I got a first date out of messaging someone over the Internet. So I mean that was you know, my uh start thought that was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well how did it go when you showed up? Like, how was how was Celia?
Speaker 5: The vie?
Speaker 6: You know, aside from the usual kind of laughs and jokes, the crack the thing that we definitely bonded over. I would say like fifty percent of the date was our situation that led us to being separated on you know, both of us kind of talking about our personal life, you know.
Speaker 2: But that's good.
Speaker 8: That's good because normally, if you're on a date with someone who's just single, they won't relate and you wouldn't dare bring it up or you know, because you don't want to hear about it. But if you're both going through it, it's like, no, please, I need someone.
Speaker 5: To talk to you about that.
Speaker 2: I guess that is key. You both have it in common so you can bond over it. Yeah, Is that is that how it went?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean there definitely wasn't a pity party for us. It was like bonding. Yeah.
Speaker 2: How many shots at tequila do you need in order to get through that conversation?
Speaker 6: But it's only like, I don't know, maybe one two. Margarita's maybe.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 1: So what I mean were you able to flirt too, though, because if you're talking a lot about you know, your exes and things, I.
Speaker 6: Mean we didn't. I mean, no one stayed the night at anybody's house or anything like that. But like I said, I cracked some folks. You know, I got some genuine laughs. So you know I count that out of flirting.
Speaker 1: Okay, why do you want to call her back? I mean, maybe this was just your practice date right before you you got a lot of I'm guessing time to make up for right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah, why aren't you sleeping with everybody around town?
Speaker 1: Why are you sticking to one person? I'm just saying, like, why why herd? Like, it's your first day.
Speaker 6: Well, the first date I thought went well, so I'm figuring that, you know, I might as well before I go uh fishing to sea, as I might as well make sure.
Speaker 5: This one's off the book cut the line that was differences and it doesn't matter the size of your worm. By the way women love.
Speaker 1: We didn't go to that. It's not true.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, let's get back to the day. How did the night end?
Speaker 6: You know, like I said, no, we stay everybody's house. There was no making out or anything like that. Uh hug, Yeah, yeah, yeah, there was a hug. But one thing that I think is kind of concern that I would say is she had mentioned that the reason of her separation was there was cheating involved, and I could see how she did not want you put out any kind of vulnerability, like, you know, to get herself for like like I'm trying to be a player, which I'm not, you know, like I'm not trying to be. My intention was to get over and go on a second date.
Speaker 1: And did you guys make any like future plans. I always think that's a good sign on a date.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well we didn't nail I mean we didn't nail down like hey, let's go miniature golfing, you know tomorrow. We didn't do anything like that. It was like a hug at the end of the night, and it was I was like, make sure you get home safe and then I'll see what you want to do. You know, I'll hit you.
Speaker 5: So how was the hug.
Speaker 8: Was it like a quick hug or was it like a sensual long she smelled your hair.
Speaker 2: Kind of like you don't have to answer that if you don't want to me.
Speaker 1: You just smelled people's hair on the first day ever.
Speaker 6: Just it was just a nice hug, right, it was just I think it's a the standard end of the night.
Speaker 8: You didn't like, rub your hands up and down.
Speaker 2: Details needed. I think you're just gonna play a song. We'll come back, We'll call Celia for you and try and get your second date update.
Speaker 6: All right, thank you?
Speaker 2: All right, hold on man, okay. Indeed, stepping back on the dating scene, if they're going through a failed marriage, I'm saying things are probably different than the first time around.
Speaker 1: This is not what you tell your friends if they ever call you.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to paint the scene like the people are older, the drinks hit you harder, and the hugs are standard, nothing more, nothing less. No one's smelling anybody's hair. Well, that's what happened with one of our listeners, Thomas, who's currently going through a separation himself, and so was his date Celia. So naturally they talked a lot about their situations and they were very open and vulnerable with each other, which Thomas took as a good sign. But now Celia is not responding to him, which Thomas is taking as a bad sign. Way changed in that sense something never Yeah, but Thomas, how you feeling?
Speaker 6: Man? You guys gave it quite the lead up, no pressure, second guests of myself not No.
Speaker 5: We can keep that music going the whole time. It helps.
Speaker 1: Do you know what we never asked you is have you tried to get a hold of her?
Speaker 6: I reached out to her, Yes, but I did not receive any communication back. And I mean, I'm calling up you guys because I feel like it went well and so I'm trying to figure out what I do wrong.
Speaker 1: Folks, just brace yourself here. Because you're new to dating, you may hear some things you don't want to hear. That doesn't mean that you're not good at it.
Speaker 2: Okay, And as Brooke would say, there's a whole city of people to sleep.
Speaker 1: With, and you should exactly actually exactly what I would condone.
Speaker 2: So let's give Celia callin. We'll see if she answers and what she has to say. Let's do this. Here we go. Hello, is it Celia?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was really excited there, Celia. I wasn't sure if you're going to answer. Hey, we're Brook and Jeffrey in the morning from the radio.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 5: Cool, Now she's not answering.
Speaker 1: Who was second to process. This is probably a lot, right, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't who is it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're so we're a morning radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we're hoping that you'll be a part of a segment with us here called a second date update.
Speaker 7: Oh no, thank you, that's okay, No, no.
Speaker 1: No, no, Celia, it's not a bad thing.
Speaker 2: We're actually calling on behalf of one of our listeners who you went out on a date with a very hot date. Sounded like his name's Thomas.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Oh that didn't sound Oh that didn't sound good. Thomas. I think is clueless because that was not a good response about Thomas.
Speaker 7: I mean, like, we had a really nice dinner and I was hopeful, but we kind of got into a personal conversation about our situations, our separations, our marriages and that sort of thing. It was a big red flag for me that kind of popped up.
Speaker 2: So are you saying just you guys discussing the marital situations was a red flag or something specifically about the conversation.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was more. It was more specific. It was like I told him like, basically, my situation ended because of cheating, and I was the cheater. I was unfaithful.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting, So he didn't share a lot of your your story at all. He just said that there was like that's why your marriage ended. He did, we just assumed that it was your ex But okay, that's fine.
Speaker 2: What was a red flag about that?
Speaker 7: Well, for me, the red flag was like he acted really weird, like it was just normal and he was understanding and like trying to make excuses for me, and I'm thinking, and this guy is kind of weak.
Speaker 2: What what do you mean he was.
Speaker 7: Making excuses for you, Like, oh, well, I guess he wasn't paying you attention or you know, he wanted.
Speaker 1: Him to be mean to you and said, You're.
Speaker 7: Like, it's more like I just laid what I had out there on the table, and his reaction was just a little too normal for me, Like I told him the real like listen, I cheated and he was just like, oh, that's okay, Okay.
Speaker 1: Well maybe he cheated in his relationship too, I mean, or he's just awkward and doesn't know what to say there because he doesn't want to insult his date.
Speaker 2: He liked you, well, what did you want to hear from him? What would have been a good response in your mind?
Speaker 7: I wanted him to be disgusted by it because I think it's really horrible what I did it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe he was.
Speaker 2: Like inside, I sure he felt that way, but he didn't want to say to you on a first date in you disgust me.
Speaker 1: Relationships are like really complicated, and you know, sometimes it's doesn't I'm just saying, maybe he's just being an understanding person and trying to be empathetic to what you were going through.
Speaker 7: Sounds like maybe you should go out with him. You guys are both understanding to understand.
Speaker 2: Well, if you're playing the statistics, chances are she already has so cheated.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying is like this guy, like he doesn't attack you for being really vulnerable and really honest, because that's probably a hard thing to share with people. I would imagine you're.
Speaker 7: Not listening to me.
Speaker 3: I deserved it. Like he didn't even anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, I see what you're saying, Like he's siding with the person who cheated rather than siding with the person who got cheated off.
Speaker 7: Yeah, not even questioning it, like got you.
Speaker 2: Maybe he could yell at you now, yeah, because this would be a great chance for him to lay into you, because he's actually on the other line listening.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, I think I've had enough.
Speaker 2: No, no, you understand he's already there listening right now and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: All right, So let me get this straight. You wanted me to be like doctor Phil or Steve Harvey or something. It just lace into you. How does that make sense on a first date?
Speaker 7: First of all, I didn't even know you were on the line. Secondly, I goasted you for a reason and I really don't even want to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Oh is this the vibe you got Thomas when you guys were out?
Speaker 6: Nothing like this. This is like Medusa head. I don't know who this woman is.
Speaker 7: I'm just being honest with you. I feel like you could have at least questioned why I did it? Like I need someone to hold me accountable for all.
Speaker 6: Right, you want some criticism? Are you go my nails? My nails look good? Yeah? Your nails don't look goodils.
Speaker 1: Do cost a lot? Don't suck?
Speaker 7: You didn't go there? Did you like? My nails look amazing?
Speaker 2: Okay? I think he's just trying to give you what you want there, Celia.
Speaker 1: He's not reading what she wants very well, though, I mean, I will give her that.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if I'm reading exactly what she wants.
Speaker 1: It sounds like you want to be punished next time.
Speaker 5: Bring an iron fist to the date and put the hammer down.
Speaker 1: This is why he should have practiced dating more. Hunt have called the first person. A lot of people out till you find you right now.
Speaker 2: But he could sleep around with other people and cheat on Celia and then we could send them out on a second date.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think that's what she wants either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I could ask Celia, would you be interested in that? Would you like to go out one more time?
Speaker 7: I'm good with him. I thought I made that clear.
Speaker 1: Yeah you did, you did. You're very clear.
Speaker 2: It's just my job to ask.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay. I don't know if Thomas is upset about that though.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm said about how this went, especially considering she's out of her mind.
Speaker 2: Now you're talking the way that she likes.
Speaker 6: Well, I really appreciate you guys having me on. But if I learned anything from this, it don't date anyone who says separated in a profile.
Speaker 1: I guess broking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Man. People have been saying forever that dating today is hard. Yeah, I think it's time after that call to start saying dating is impossible because even if you're trying to be understanding and see the other person's perspective, give them the benefit of the doubt, that scene as a weakness and they don't like you for it. And that's why this ended with no date at the end.
Speaker 8: Anybody out there who's single, including myself, let's just all give up.
Speaker 2: That's a winning at.
Speaker 4: Learn.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that's so sad.
Speaker 5: Okay, I just hate to die alone.
Speaker 1: You will find your love. You don't have to base it off this lady. This lady was a little out there, and I think what it does say is that even if you were the cheater, there are people who will forgive you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That guy was really nice.
Speaker 5: To forgiving and that was the problem.
Speaker 1: You see, you wouldn't date him either.
Speaker 2: I could see why she hated you, though, Brook got.
Speaker 6: Sappy.
Speaker 2: My god, but you know.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 2: But no, Look, we do want to help connect you if you still do believe in love out there, and if you do, you can always email the show. We'll call the person who wasn't calling you back