Speaker 1: Wonderful Christmas Time. It's just like the story is just him being like the term chorus is generous. Another of the song's audity is the structure the first verse and so abruptly the wondrous Christmas Time refrain feels like a festive assault on one's auditory nerve. This is just him writing, just getting angry at that one, just get getting some ship off his chest. Wow, you actually made me feel better, Like you gave this song a second life in my brain because I had always I inherited the belief that it was the worst Christmas song. And then you were like, that's not that bad. I was like, oh, maybe it's not that bad.
Speaker 2: I love the fucking weird ass keyboards in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Clan tang brun run gun blank blank, clan brun brown dun bank bank plan blunk crun.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, someone was high in the student.
Speaker 4: I was like, I've never heard that that since part at the beginning it's always I guess I associate it with coming into the middle of the song while I'm out holiday shopping, and it's like it's.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, this guy has a theory that the song is secretly about practicing witchcraft and faking a Christmas celebration every time somebody walks in, because like like it's like all weird and like trippy and vibe and there it's like this, yeah, so it's enough, simply got.
Speaker 2: Chicken, you're about to cut his head off. Simply put that chicken away.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: There's something speaky about it?
Speaker 1: Is that just me here?
Speaker 2: I think it probably hits everyone's brain different than like that. I always people always have hated this song. I've always heard that take forever. I just person. I'm always like, no, I don't know, I fuck with it.
Speaker 5: I don't even know it's it's just.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is I don't give a ship. Like I think anyone who likes music you're not offended by other people's dislike of a song because like you understand what talks about music. You're like, yeah, whatever, in fucking angry. But I guess that's the part. I like, that's what I want to know, is like specifically, like, let's drill down, because I think it's different for every person. Some people there are people like music snobs like this is one of McCartney's worst songs, and right sure, I.
Speaker 4: Think it's not so much Paul McCartney. It's like no one else can sing it without sounding like an asshole. And that's what it's. It's it's not that it's not that far. It's the I don't don't even that's.
Speaker 2: The only part I know that, you know what. I have to kind of do this kind of physically.
Speaker 1: There's a creepy, like open eyed like it has to it like it seels like a small the small world ride like that song, you know that song. It just like never stops repeating.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's that's exactly, that's exactly the next it's.
Speaker 1: Good And that's why it's good. It feels like a satanic chant that never like robots going like this. Yeah, it feels like a hell world of Christmas, like on fire, you know what I mean, Christmas hell world.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it feels apocalyptic, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does, it does. I think you're right. All right, we're gonna spend most of the episode talking about this Tory.
Speaker 2: What do you think of that song?
Speaker 3: It's terrible? I mean, it's what Yeah, Okay, can I can tell you exactly why.
Speaker 6: This is?
Speaker 7: Episodes Hello the Internet and Welcome to Season three sixty nine, Episode four.
Speaker 1: Of Daily Guys, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 7: This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into america shared consciousness.
Speaker 1: We now have a YouTube channel YouTube at Daily Guys pod. You go check us out. One episode a week. That's all you get, No more, no less.
Speaker 2: So don't have the fun.
Speaker 1: We simply can't. We simply mustn't. And this is the last episode, last regular episode of the year. I think we've got a bunch of fun stuff coming to you for the holidays, but this is It's Thursday, December nineteenth, twenty twenty four. This is the episode that's always a bit tram shackle, a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where you can hear I don't know if you guys hear the wheel squeaking. That's the VCR cart rolling it right now. I know I got a lesson about episode the Civil War or something. But now, no, we're gonna watch some old music videos, maybe.
Speaker 1: A full episode plan like a full episode. Let's see where we get. And then we just get where we get. In the twenty minutes before, like when we were first supposed to be recording those episode, we just got completely derailed by a conversation about Yeah, the worst Christmas, Poor guests in the waiting room.
Speaker 2: I know we're so sry at each other about guess and and then I was like, bring bring them so we can settle this. But anyway, it is December nineteenth. It is National oatmeal muffin Day. Dude, get the fuck out of here. And you're trying to claim the O no yo, National hard candy Day whatever? Uh, National regifting Day. The Thursday before Christmas is National regifting Day. Okay, I guess that's just when you're like, hey man, whatever that ship you copped at the office party, flip that into a last minute gift, get gift for your step shot.
Speaker 1: There you go. God, Oatmeal muffin Day, Like what a just not knowing, not understanding yourself at all? Oatmeal muffins? What have you had an oatmeal muffin?
Speaker 2: That's hearing.
Speaker 1: Irand oh maybe that's oatmeal cookies?
Speaker 2: Fine, like shot my grandmother.
Speaker 1: It's just like there's so many delicious Yeah, what do you think? You think it's just a regular muffin? And then you open it and.
Speaker 2: Just what is wrong with you?
Speaker 3: Out made them before? They're healthy. They're not supposed to be yummy, they're supposed to.
Speaker 1: Be How are they choosing this time of year to try and no idea celebrate their bullshit.
Speaker 2: It's like Russells sprouts day. I mean, that's me with a crystal Let me caveat that with I'm very sick and I'm I'm in the I'm the mindset of an eighties ad executive, right, kids?
Speaker 1: What the heck?
Speaker 2: The kids hate their baby brains, That's what I call them, and they don't want to eat it. Is that what you call That's what my dad used to call that ship. He's like, your baby brains. That makes it gross. I'm sorry that make it look he's an artist, you know what I mean. So he was trying to conceptualize something, but when you look at it, you're like, oh yeah, But I wouldn't call.
Speaker 3: That to my kids if I wanted them to Eatussell.
Speaker 2: He's a He's a complicated man and no understand him except his third wife. He's a complicated man, and no one understands him but his third wife's dad.
Speaker 1: It's really good. My name's Jack O'Brien, aka, hey baby, I hear the brushes popping there, he goes Jesus, small head, he's dumbing again. Bigfoot has left the building that one courtesy of Christy Amagucci mane Little scrambled Eggs fer Frasier theme as sung by Kelsey Grammar, my favorite musician, Kelsey Grammar in reference to the video that Chris Crofton shared with us yesterday. When Miles was out, it was pure chaos.
Speaker 2: It was a real yeah when I was like, send up the bat signal because I was too ill, and then Victor's like Wexler's and I was like, oh shit, Wexler and Crofton together should now you know you're in trouble.
Speaker 1: But he brought a big foot sighting video where the guy is like, ah, yeah, you can hear the brushes popping, and then he sees it. He goes there, he goes Jesus like hides and for some reason, something about the way he says those two things is now stuck in my head. So shout out to Christy. I'm a Gucci man for putting it back where it belongs in my head. I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host. He's feeling a little better, folks. It's Miles great. It's Miles Great.
Speaker 2: Drones up in the sky allowed to fly twice says, Hi, take a look, it's in a book. They changed the law. Now they can go anywhere. Friends, all know the drones can go right in your windo. Shout out Snarkula on the discord for that one. A shout out to everybody who has been asking me for discord invites I to know. I was like, hit me up on Blue Sky. I've been very sick. I've just been getting around to, you know, hitting those requests, accommodating people. So please keep hitting me up. I haven't forgotten you. I'm just ill and shout out to LeVar shout out hell, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Miles Worth. Thrilled to be joined in our third seapot, one of our favorite guests, say, brilliant anti racism educator, activist, writer, creator of the acclaimed podcast White Homework. Please welcome back to the show, Torri.
Speaker 3: Williams, Hi Tory aka, I'm on the discord now, you guys, ain't I any that a built like me?
Speaker 8: I'm just want to a kind grew up on the good word, baby, Now I know it was a lie. Stand out with the youngins teaching so they get a better life. Won't stop till we all can live free.
Speaker 3: That's just my fight. Anyway, thank you gross face, appreciate it. I a couple of weeks ago, I was like, oh, I'm gonna be on give me an AKA, thinking this is the Christmas episode. I should have done a Christmas song. It's okay, I love so I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you evoked you evoked the Good Book. You know that was tangentially okayly related.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is the only reason for the season. We don't acknowledge any in this household. We don't acknowledge any of.
Speaker 3: By my front yards. Christmas is about Jesus.
Speaker 1: That manger scenes in every room.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me. I'm so excited to be back.
Speaker 1: That was a great AKA. I mean I felt like that was like they put some research in. Yeah they did.
Speaker 3: They were like, hey, what's your like social media? Let me go research you. I was like, oh, okay, cool, worked out great.
Speaker 2: I mean for people who do you know, go buy the book. Obviously you wouldn't know that, you know, December probably might not have been the time. But anyway, I'm just Luke does say that when Mary and Joseph gathered in a manger in near Bethlehem, there were shepherds watching over their flock by.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they weren't. It's cold.
Speaker 2: That might have been the springtime, but hey, or the autumn.
Speaker 3: Jesus is an aries, let's be honest.
Speaker 1: Wow, I thought.
Speaker 2: Jesus kind of gives like scorpio vibes.
Speaker 3: To be honest, you think, Oh, well, I guess it depends on which gospel you're reading.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah they're different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got to learn what any of this ship means. Yeah, who's this Jesus? I know exactly what a scorpio is, but Jesus, that's that'd be fun to just like go around like a Christian group and just start asking the questions that they've been dying for you to ask, Like, who's this Jesus you speak of you? He can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my first time, guys being in this Bible group, just first question, and I feel so bad asking who is Jesus so son of God?
Speaker 1: He must have like been so like just ruined by the power and just power hungry. Right.
Speaker 2: I grew up with a kid who had a famous father and they became a drug addict.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was kind of like what it's like for Jesus. Was he kind of like off that or mad with power?
Speaker 3: Right for sure, people off of boats, all kinds of Yeah.
Speaker 1: So fucking psyched, brother, they would be. They would be turning their hat backwards, turning their chair backwards, like but like so excited they keep doing it like so much they start a fire.
Speaker 2: They just start spinning without even using their limbs. This year, like.
Speaker 1: What would be what's what's the question?
Speaker 2: Like an evangelical and absolutely excited to hear like maybe someone who might be able to be brought into the folds.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, definitely. It's it's absolutely like, Hey, I think I'm think I think I'm ready to like give my life to Jesus. Can you tell me more about that? And then they are then they get really excited. They're like, oh my god, are you serious? And you can be like no, I'm not ready.
Speaker 1: I'm willing to give, like so I already give, like part of Sunday, I'm willing to give, like maybe a little bit of Monday. Don he work with that?
Speaker 2: Did you want anything? Monday's way too much football to watch. I guess after January I could probably posch you something. Man.
Speaker 1: All right, Tory, We're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're gonna tell the listeners a couple of the things we're talking about. I don't know what we're talking about today. I mean, Donald Trump's like trying something new with his hair. Matt Gates ethics report is probably gonna drop. Democrats are continuing to do their thing. We got some got some porn hub news a couple different. We got porn Hub being banned in Florida. Floridians have less than two weeks to jack off to porn hub. There is like when they go to porn hub, there is a countdown clock because of Christian nationalism.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's you know, it's counting down his return.
Speaker 1: Thank you. They also released their year in review for like porn search terms, So we got the ear and review and review. But mainly we've got this story that our writer JM JM McNab one of the greats, particularly object typically objective, very like it's it's a new angle from him where he just went. It's it's basically a story like, uh, the title is music experts try to explain why the worst Christmas is so bad? But it's just like him being like this song fucking sucks? Am I right? So? But I do I want to talk about like the worst Christmas songs, because like, that is a song that I grew up hearing from other people, was the worst Christmas song. I had kind of accepted that opinion. I was just like, sure, I'll have that opinion. I don't want to burn the energy of having my own opinion about what's the worst Christmas song? Kind of like them all. But then Miles was like, I kind of like the way the you know, I like it, the vibes the same, I'm not mad at it. And I was like, and do it again with new ears? And I was like, yeah, this is kind of like it has a different texture than every other Christmas song. Why not? Why not? But anyways, we're gonna we're gonna talk about bad Christmas songs are do they exist? What are they for us? All that plenty more. But first, Tory, we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history that is revealing about who you are?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: Uh, well, okay, so I've been searching. There is a weirdo white supremacist. He's like trying to buy up part of like a really big port in Oregon, and so I'm trying to like keep an eye on this because it's just weird. It's very strange. He wants to make like a white supremacist haven in Koos Bay, Oregon.
Speaker 2: Oh c o S Bay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's probably it's probably an indigenous word, honestly, because most of the things that are named here are Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure they have some thoughts on how to rename it too, well, yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm sure. Anyway, this guy's a fucking weirdo. He like drove up onto an overpass here in Portland a couple months ago to put up like an end white genocide sign, and he like but he anyway, he has like he gets all these contracts from the state of Oregon, which is already super sas right, and he's getting like, so he's got like hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Speaker 1: What does he get the contract.
Speaker 3: Boat shipping stuff? I think, yeah, And so he wants to buy up part of this bay because they're putting in like billions of dollars into it between state money and federal money to like revitalize it. And he's like, this is perfect. I can bring all the whites here. We can certain like a white utopia. It'll be great.
Speaker 2: Oregon of all the states on the West coast, thought.
Speaker 3: So anyway, yeah, I'm the finally.
Speaker 1: The history of Oregon. For anybody who.
Speaker 3: Doesn't Alexa, what's the history of Oregon?
Speaker 2: Alexa ask when Oregon passed its first black exclusionary lockow the results will start you.
Speaker 3: So this guy is just like horrible, and there's been like activists that anti fascists and corbalis have been trying to like infiltrate the like Oregon White Lives Matter chapter to get dirt on this dude. And so they did, but then none of the like newsplaces would carry the story. They finally broke it, Like the big newspaper finally was like, oh, I guess we should probably pay attention to this, like six days ago. So the Oregonian was like, oh, yeah, so this guy has like very clear ties to neo Nazis and he's not even trying to hide it. Maybe we shouldn't give him millions of dollars in state content.
Speaker 1: He seemed chill. If you met him, you wouldn't believe it. You don't actually think he's pretty chill.
Speaker 2: Wait, so he wants to own like the port.
Speaker 3: He wants to he wants to own part of the port, yeah, because they're putting if he buys part of the port, then he gets some of this money, like this federal and state money that they're putting it to revitalize it. And he's like, this will be really great.
Speaker 2: For I thought, right, I thought it was like a way like long term thinking, like as a foothold for like to have like some secessionist state where you still have like a port where you can do imports and exports.
Speaker 3: Not that I'm just we know of at this point, they do think long term would you put it past them?
Speaker 2: Pretty consistently so, but it's like the.
Speaker 3: Biggest like inland or like the deepest in inland port between like San Francisco and Seattle, which is kind of a big deal. So there is there are reasons that people want it and like want that want to be able to use that space for like industry and shipping and all these things, which makes sense logistically and logically. He's just trying to like get his like jermy little hands in there because I'm sure he's like an anti vaxxer.
Speaker 2: And all as yeah, get your trump bucks right exactly.
Speaker 1: Never like yeah, I feel like they're generally not that like trustworthy generally, like if they if they have that going on in their head running a massive port, it's probably not gonna go so well. I feel like they're going fuck a lot of things.
Speaker 2: It's so short sighted. They're probably, dude, we can get money if we own this port then and then they're like, but you got to run the port.
Speaker 1: Oh shh.
Speaker 3: I don't want to do the work. I just want the money. I just want the dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that's a that's wild.
Speaker 2: Didn't think about that.
Speaker 3: It's bananas. So anyway, that's what I've been googling lately.
Speaker 1: What underrated?
Speaker 3: Underrated? Honestly wandering around in Target, which Target does not want me to do because they have locked everything up and it used to be like a nice experience. You guys, please be proud of me. I just let my prime, my Amazon Prime laps laps, so I'm I'm out of the club. But like, you can't go to Target and just like buy the stuff you need because everything is locked. They don't hire anyone anymore, so there's no one on the floor. So you press the button to get like or the buzzer to like get an employee to come out. No one shows up, So you just stand there for ten or fifteen minutes, right, and it's just like, what what are we what are we doing here?
Speaker 1: So I'm understaffing our stores and then you know, they have to deal with the consequences the people on the floor, not us, the people who make the decisions about how much to staff them. So to answer your question, you just answer. So that's just as a target target executive, like, that's what we're doing. It works out fucking great for us in our shareholders. Thank you for asking, No further answer.
Speaker 3: No further answers. Having Like, so there's three armed guards at my target specifically who just stand there. Ye, people are being paid. So that's like a couple hundred dollars an hour that they're paying this for this contract, right, Like not the employees aren't getting that obviously, the arm guards are not getting a couple of hundred dollars an hour.
Speaker 2: But like the contract, I get normal security because they're armed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly, So they're getting the.
Speaker 1: Company probably gets more. Whoever, employees.
Speaker 2: I actually make more for like unarmed security gigs. Right, But anyway, so they're spending money on armed security.
Speaker 3: Instead of on employees, and so there's no and so I'm just like what I don't I don't know what I'm supposed to do anymore. This is like part of my life for like over a decade, just like wandering around Target and it was like kind of pleasant, and now it's just like I don't Yeah, I miss it. We think you're stealing stuff. Get out, like okay, I just won't be here.
Speaker 2: But surely you've heard of the crime wave that's sweeping the nation.
Speaker 3: And I have heard of this crime wave. Yes, yes, I've.
Speaker 2: Noticed that it's down. Your visual down now it's down. Well, I mean that's if you look at the data.
Speaker 5: If you don't look at data.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, if you look at some of these is going wild.
Speaker 2: If you see some of the ship that Elon retweets, I would I wouldn't even go outside to get my newspaper.
Speaker 3: I know I haven't seen what he's retweeting because I'm not, But.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, it's just like that ship that like where people clearly who like don't actually live in any sort of like area where there's any sort of diversity or anything. They they whatever it goes viral on Twitter like and that's earth right.
Speaker 3: Now, ring cam footage. It's like, there's right, that's not that's not tip. Ringcam footage cannot be like that, we can we can't extrapolate anything from that. It's a one off situation.
Speaker 1: Like that everywhere by yeah. Yeah, it's like the everybody's like the drivers in Russia are fucking crazy, bro, and it's like, no, Russia just has that video. Yeah, dash Russia has a lot that every car needs to have a dash cam video and so or a dash dashcam camera. That's redundant. Every car needs to have a dash can so there, so they're getting every accident and you're just getting every single one of them pipes directly to you by the algorithm machine. The same shit is happening with crime in America and wind cams, and we're just people. Where was that ship?
Speaker 2: When I was playing basketball during nutrition in high school, I twisted this one kid up so bad with a crossover. There were no cameras, I know, but if there was, we could we could just zero in on that, and you would might you might think I had a good handle. I do not, Torri.
Speaker 1: What's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: The seasonal Frosty's and like the limited time kind of.
Speaker 2: Oh, like a Wendy's frosty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the Wendy's Frosty's and like the limited time desserts that like McDonald's.
Speaker 1: I don't know what are they're not doing it for you this year or you just don't like them in concept. They really fell off.
Speaker 3: I don't They're just not good. Like so, I saw that they were doing the like salted caramel frosty and I was like, oh, I love salted caramel ice cream. I'm gonna go check this out. It was atrocious, like not eatable. It's for it's for children, I think between the ages of eight and thirteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, it just taste like it's for children between the ages of eight and thirteen.
Speaker 3: That's because I have children between the ages of a.
Speaker 1: I fucking love it.
Speaker 3: Like and the Grimace shake. I'm like having to pick this up every day after soccer camp. Was like, I mean, I'm like, these are so bad.
Speaker 5: Shake.
Speaker 2: Did you try?
Speaker 3: It tasted blueberry ish to me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was like a blueberry It was like a blueberry milkshake. It was like a mix between a blueberry smoothie and the milkshake. I actually kind of fucked with it. But I yeah, I've never seen a product look less interesting. Like the concept of a salty caramel smoothie or a salty caramel frosty could be good if you were like drizzling salted caramel on a regular frosty or something. This was just like a light a yellow frosty. It's like, why is it so yellow?
Speaker 5: Guys?
Speaker 1: It's weird, nasty.
Speaker 2: It looks like it was sweet if it's not fluorescent, right, fluorescent color?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks like a dull wet was into it.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was super straight, like the color was not was very off putting. It sort of like if you blended a like a slice of pumpkin pie without the crust was sort of the color of mine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it was just way too sweet. There was no there was no.
Speaker 3: Salt involved, and it was I was just disappointed. Yeah, guys, this could be good.
Speaker 1: Do better. What do you think of the shamrock shake again? It's it's okay, it's okay, it's okay. It's like, I don't I recognize as a objective, like out completely out of context. I would be like, why did you make a toothpaste milkshit like this? Is a bad idea, but in season, like I do have memories of being like this, this is magical, this is my Irish heritage, right, But you didn't become fully cynical then. I mean that was like high school. I had it in high school and I was just like the combination of like the green and you know, yeah combination made my eyes shamrock shake with McDonald's fries. Yeah, So I don't know, I I get it. I don't. The salted caramel frosty just was was a big whiff for me, just not even like I didn't try it, but just seeing the ads and they are all over like sports right now, it just doesn't didn't look that Goodain. Yeah, agamn pie based like a you know, pie based milkshakes the shakescheck does those really well? Like where you have like little chunk of like graham cracker.
Speaker 2: You got to have texture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all about texture, like the when you're talking salted caramel like drizzle it drizzle it just a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely want to see. There's a local spot here in Portland called Burgerville and they do much better dessert type things than they have and their stuff is very seasonal, but it's it's all from like local spots, so they're like very intentional about that. Miles, when you were in Seattle and you went to Dix, I was like, oh my gosh, I gotta get Miles to Burgerville because if you like Dix, you're gonna love Burgerville.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, next time in Portland, I'll hit you up.
Speaker 3: Definitely. It's great. But their little desserts are great, and they'll do yeah, they'll do like you know, angel food cake in the in the summertime when strawberries are in season, so it'll be like a little angel food like cake shake things.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah, what though they fucking oh yeah.
Speaker 3: We fuck with food and it's great.
Speaker 2: It's amazing, like even to the detriment of the business, like it'll be so specific like we might not last till next.
Speaker 1: Year, and we did it, but we is clear.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it. Shout out to the lower like property rental rates because I think that's it really enables that kind of entrepreneurship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we get a lot of like like food tourism, so people like fly up from like the Bay Area or come down from Seattle like for the weekend just to eat because we have, Like, there's a spot that's down the street from me. It's called em and it's time.
Speaker 2: It's the barbecue that that white barbecue smoke brisket curry, that white curry like life changing, so fucking good, so good. And they're and they're blended drinks too. Yeah, not mad at them.
Speaker 3: Huh. We have lots of good food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so much. Eam is like I always go to eat when I'm important.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, it's it's a must go to con if you haven't gone yet. The new Haitian restaurant.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: That's a good ship. This episode is amazing. You guys love it.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about more culinary delights in Portland. We'll be right back. This episode is brought to you by eBay. Whatever you love, find it on eBay. eBay Things People Love and Miles what Oh hey, it's me Miles. Sorry, I just popped out of the bushes next to you.
Speaker 2: What's up.
Speaker 1: It's no secret where we're shoe guys. Oh yeah, you know.
Speaker 9: We like our sneakers, absolutely love my sneakers.
Speaker 1: But we also have quietly maybe off Mike slowly been gravitating towards more comfortable shoes.
Speaker 2: I've been pretty open about how my feet are widening and hurting more. Therefore, I require a shoe that I guess I would like to call them wisdom shoes, but I guess people call them dad shoes.
Speaker 1: Wisdom shoes on you're openly dad shoe curious, Yes, Well, so I went to eBay. I searched dad shoes, and that will take you to a couple of the wisest dad shoes, the daddest dad shoes I've ever seen, Like some of them are pre broken in. They also take you to a pair of Kobe's that I feel like I wouldn't classify as dad shoes.
Speaker 9: But that feels like a bit of an attack on me as a millennial to be like.
Speaker 2: And this one that's for daddy's, Well, it's kind of like an iconic sneaker.
Speaker 9: Either way, dads can wear them too if they want to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess if you're sitting at the card table and you can't spot the dad shoe, you're the one wearing the dad shoes. As the old statement goes, are new balances dad shoes anymore? Are they two? Mainstream?
Speaker 2: I think new balances their mainstream, but I think they're still tried and true dad shoe sure, And I think that's why they've become mainstream, because as the dad shoe becomes more popular, people go into their memory banks and they're like, yeah, new balances, but now I think, you know, along with new balances, I feel like hokah Hokah is definitely the one that every person who's like, oh, you got a kid now, man, you gotta try, you gotta try, you got You're gonna love them.
Speaker 1: Like this character, he's the guy smoking outside the maternity ward at the hospital.
Speaker 2: He's like, yeah, but gesturing your feet is like, your footwear is all wrong, man, your footwear is all wrong.
Speaker 1: But it needs an update. Bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, your dogs are gonna be barking now that you're on daddy duty.
Speaker 9: My man, you're gonna you're gonna want some maybe pre broken.
Speaker 2: I like the idea of pre broken in as just sort of like a way to describe a lightly used shoe.
Speaker 9: We've done some of the work for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, as if it's like a bespoke, like a baseball mit, it's like, well, pre broken.
Speaker 9: In Yeah, yeah, ready to go at a moment's notice.
Speaker 1: Well, hey, we all got a thing man, and whatever it is, it's on eBay. Maybe it's fashion, car parts, trading cards, retro movie posters, anything you can collect. So go find the thing that keeps you up at night, whatever you love, find it on eBay. eBay things people love, and We're back and real quick. Trump seems to be doing either either he's doing something intentionally with his hair that suggests that he is like kind of a changed person who doesn't who no longer gives a ship, who's just like, I'm fucking president, I don't.
Speaker 3: Care what i throw a breakup, you guys. This is how we know that.
Speaker 1: He's like, how do you guys like it? I got a curtain?
Speaker 2: Bangs happened.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: You know I've always wanted him, I've always, but I just figured I needed to change.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a new haircut.
Speaker 1: I can't tell if it, because like he's definitely been pictured like this while golfing and like wandering around mar Lago before. But is he like more consistently just rolling out with his hair like kind of slicked back.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, it's it's hard to know. It's it's fucking hard to know with this dude. Like half the time it's like an accident. Other times maybe Barren was like gassing him up. He's like, yeah, Dad, that ship looks fucking rizzed up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you have you have you heard of s curl?
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Okay, Anyway, I don't know. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: It's a sign of things to come.
Speaker 2: It slicked back though, or that's maybe more pushed back, doesn't it's blown back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well it looks like, yeah, it looks like he was out in a hurricane.
Speaker 2: And like Jon Voight like really like in really bad shape.
Speaker 1: Like he really looks a lot like a toad in this picture with just like kind of little hair on top. Anyway, it's not great. I'm worried about our president. Guys. He looks like he's not Joe Biden him our president, not your president of the people. Yeah. I do wonder if we're just going to have two consecutive terms of brain meltage, Like is truck because we saw him on the trail, right, he's definitely on a downward trend. Biden was also heading into his but like, I just wonder how pronounced it's going to be because like the Biden fall off was pretty closely contained until the debate. You know, it was like he would he would say weird ship, he would like get lost on stage. Sometimes. I think we knew, I mean we knew a Trump is like not he's not going to have people around him who can you know, contain him or tell him shit, Like truly, nobody can tell this guy shit at this point. Yeah, and it'll be it'll be interesting to see if he just starts wandering mar Lago with like a golf shirt, hair pushed back, underpants, and that's like a.
Speaker 2: Preschooler addressing themselves for some shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, does anyone know where Laurah Lumer is? Second question?
Speaker 1: That's where he's just walking out of a from a meeting, Oh my god, meeting.
Speaker 2: During my illness, I had the most intense dream about Laura Lumer.
Speaker 1: And that's how you know you were on death.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how I knew I was fucked up off these I don't know what the fuck was going on. I remember going, I was like walking to this house and I heard someone crying. I opened a door and Laura Lumor was laying down like you know, like a bedroom and she was surrounded this is how vivid it was by these little baby like black widow spiders like they had like basically cocoon dam around And I was like, yo, what the like as if she had been laying there for years, you know what I mean? The spiders like fucking we live around you now. And then I was like, excuse me this lady, and it was Laura Lumer like, oh shit. She was like, oh my's like, what's going on. I'm like, I don't know, man, thing's going on?
Speaker 1: Go back to I remember.
Speaker 2: I remember I told Hi, I'm like, maybe you should just like not be so hateful as ship. That might just help you out. Look, that's my one piece of advice. And she said this is how this is how it was. She goes, that is such a good point. See, it's the brown people that aren't virgins that have good things to say. And I was like, yo, what the fuck is And I said and I slammed the fucking.
Speaker 1: Door on her and I kept it moving. Wow, And I remember it was more mad Geist than me. Man, I do not dream about these people. I don't know what it was almost, but it was just so weird.
Speaker 2: I was like what the fuck. I'm like, no, no, I'm like, go chill with your fucking black widow spiders. And then I got mad at myself for even talking to Laura Lumer in the dream.
Speaker 1: I like this, she was gassing you up a little bit, like this guy. Fucks.
Speaker 2: It's so weird take, I know, but it still had to be like this backhanded like racist there.
Speaker 1: And racism, but also being like see, I can tell you, and that's why I want you as part of my team. All right, let's talk about Gates real quick. Yeah, So the last few months, it sounded like the House Ethics Committee was not going to release the Matt Gates Report, the one that got him basically, you know, shit canned from being Attorney General just based on you know, party line votes, and you know, everybody cocooning around being like.
Speaker 2: We got detecked. Marthorie Taylor Green she was like, yeah, oh, you want him, all of us, And you're like, what, yes.
Speaker 1: It that one of the stranger flexes where she's like Republicans, my fellow Republicans, if you out him, I'm going to tell everyone what awful perverted shit you all do. Is this thing on? Wait? Is this thing? Am I talking into a microphone? Oh shit? Yeah? But anyways, it now seems like the report will be released before Congress goes on their holiday break, after they voted in secret earlier this month.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so CNN or I think CNN maybe did the first reporting to like, hey, they just they did a secret vote and it's dropping. And I think the surprising thing here is like you're saying, jack, like, based on party line votes, they were blocking this ship. But now sounds like a few Republicans are like, man, fuck it, bro let this dickhead get his and have switched sided with the Democrats and they had the votes to release it. Gates's response to the news is holy shit. Ye very normal, very normal behavior, very normal behavior. So this is just based on him hearing that the ethics report is going to be announced, He said the Biden guard. This is from his Twitter because now they let you post like seven thousand words. He basically said, I was charged with nothing, fully exonerated. First of all, you weren't charging it because they were investigating you. That doesn't mean you were exonerated. So let's let's put it.
Speaker 1: It's just a lie.
Speaker 2: No, I mean yet I get I mean, I don't know. It's like Schrodinger's like Ethics report basically not even a campaign finance violation, and the people investigating investigating.
Speaker 1: Me hated me there, I like the big denial and then picking a very specific thing and being like, I didn't even do that thing. I wasn't being investigated for.
Speaker 2: Then the very quote witnesses jan DJ deemed not credible were assembled by House Ethics to repeat their claims absent any cross examination or challenge for me or my attorneys. I've had no chance to ever confront any accusers. I've never been charged, I've never been sued. Instead, how House Ethics will reportedly post to report online that I have no opportunity to debate or Rebut as a former member of the body.
Speaker 1: In my single this is where it gets wild in my single days, This is where the background changes. Like so that part was like, you know, like very serious music, and then this party like kind of changes to like a fun party vibe.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. Now you can kind of hear like something in the background, like.
Speaker 6: All right, So first up, in my single days, I often set funds to women I dated, even some I never dated, but who asked I dated several of these women for years.
Speaker 1: I never had sexual contact with someone under eighteen. Any claim that.
Speaker 6: I have would be destroyed in court, which is why no such claim has ever been made in court.
Speaker 2: My thirties we're an era of working very hard, oh and playing hard too. It's embarrassing, though not criminal. I'm just gonna end that there. It's embarrassing, though not criminal, that I probably partied, woman eyed, drank, and smoked more than I should have earlier in life. I live a different life now. And then the last part, but at least I didn't vote for CRS that fuck over the country. That's it the end.
Speaker 1: CRS is like something no.
Speaker 2: Continuing continuing resolution. Oh is a CR. That's like basically they're voting for to avert the government. He's just talking about a stupid thing, to avert a go. He's basically saying like, Oh, at least I didn't vote to a vertic government shut down, is what he's saying. Because it's like the hyper maga take on what Speaker Johnson is trying to do to avoid a shutdown. Oh wow, he's just flexing really hyper maga cred at the end, which is so weird. Again, I like, he said, oh, sorry, I partied like a fucking child sex trafficker. I said, like one, okay, that doesn't mean I am one. And then at the end, it's really tearing telling when you end it for like, at least I didn't vote for Like, dude, when you say at least I blah blah blah as a rebuttal to someone's accusations, that's your and then you pivot to what about ism and you.
Speaker 1: Want to children knows this move of at least I'm at least I didn't steal the fucking cookie. And it's like, oh, well, that's not what we were talking about. So you just admitted to the thing that you were doing. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that we were talking about. He's I'm not crying.
Speaker 2: At least I didn't pee my pants, like and you're like, wait, so you are crying.
Speaker 3: But pants, Yeah, it's it's normal. He's Matt Gates is so unwell, Like seriously, first of all, I just have to say, who goes to their cosmetic surgeon's office and is like, you know what, give me the Charlie Kirk, I need that, like big head, small face energy.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: It's so strange.
Speaker 5: To me that.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you're it's he keeps doing it, but but you know, more serious.
Speaker 1: Take my face off and shrink.
Speaker 2: And then put it back off, but also make make my eyebrows look like the make evil McDonald's arches, like makes my eyebrows with Mike Jack Nicholson's and the McDonald's eye arches.
Speaker 3: I'm like, it's just like you have poor judgment in every area of your life. Who you party with, your black six surgeon. The fact that you're like in congress, well he's not anymore, which is kind of amazing. Is that a small miracle?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: He's not in Congress right now? But like, yeah, the pivot at the I don't know. It kind of reminded me of the thing that jay Z wrote the other day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, one red cent.
Speaker 2: It's like, okay, who are you red scent? What do you about to call the pinkertons on someone break a railroad strike or something? They won't get one red scent out of me?
Speaker 3: That was that was literally the first thing I thought. It was just like, oh my god, this is like jay Z could have written this thing. He's like, I didn't do anything wrong.
Speaker 2: I didn't have that on my bingo card for Matt Gates. Uh but yeah, I think for a lot of people, you know, like that, anyone's like it might be a big nothing burger. Let's remind ourselves of what would even be in said report. So again, according to the committee, the report contains its findings regarding allegations that Gates had quote engaged in sexual misconduct and or illict hid drug use, shared inappropriate images or videos on the House floor, misused state identification records, converted campaign funds to personal use, and or accepted a bribe, improper gratuity, or impermissible gift. Again, all in violation of House rulds. So you think he resigns suddenly out of nowhere if that report says we couldn't find anything that remotely looks like the allegation, the.
Speaker 3: Report exonerated him. So that's why he resigned.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Clearly the entire administration made up of sexual predators, was like a little rich, little spicy for our blood, yo, chip. Probably let's get that.
Speaker 3: He should have put in the Trump like it was a perfect report and it doesn't need and it just needs to go away, like I did nothing wrong.
Speaker 2: It was a perfect yeah, but he has no he has no like political capital to do that. So it just has to be like, well if he citedn't the country what it's like?
Speaker 3: Not related?
Speaker 2: Guy, Go do your reservoir dogs cosplay for your fucking marketing shoot for your new NEWSMAC show. He'll be fine because you all get to fail upward into heaven, failing upward to heaven.
Speaker 1: Amen, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about bad Christmas songs.
Speaker 5: We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 1: We're back, and so let's talk about Jam's story here real quick.
Speaker 2: Jam, we're not doing First of all, Jam, James, the best Jam is so good. We love this because your personality has shown amazingly in this piece and it brings up now it's become a meta story because.
Speaker 1: And this is also jam writing for the Zeit guys. The Zeit guys generally does not like this song. It is no it was just a piece of received wisdom, like as I was growing up that well, the worst Christmas song is the Paul McCartney one and the really shitty do they know It's Christmas?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so but this one I was just like, yeah, it's like weird, it doesn't really feel like Christmas, you know, it's like got like synths and stuff. And then as a as an adult man, I met somebody who opened my mind. Miles Gray was like, actually I kind of fuck with the syn name and I was like, oh, yeah, Like why I don't need to hate this song. I'm gonna hear it all the time, Like why not just appreciate that there is a Christmas song that has like synths that are clearly being played by people who just found out about synths and are just like, whoa, this is fucking crazy, weird sound that makes. And yeah, so that's kind of my journey with this song. So jam has had a different journey. The hook of the story is that in twenty twenty one, there was a poll that found that Americans really like their least favorite Christmas songs are Santa Baby and I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus. So basically any song about wanting to fuck Santa with.
Speaker 2: The wrong take. Yeah, everyone's horny for Santa. We all know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone's horny with Santa. Everyone's horny for Santa. It is like, I think those have the same issue as the McCartney song they are they are a tonal shift like it's like you have these like you know, cheery sleigh bell like things that are just about like sitting by a fire.
Speaker 2: You know, h white Christmas.
Speaker 1: And then there is there is these two songs that are like they sound different. Santa Baby Like is audibly horny, like the vocals are like the vocal the voice of somebody who is like desperate to fuck pretty nearly. And then I saw Mommy Chris becausing Santa Claus is like a little it's just like the way it's played in Like the most popular one is like I saw it's like a child watching their mom about to get blown out, you know, and like that's that's just like a little I can I can understand why people like pump the brakes on that and are like maybe not that one. I also think those songs are fine. So really the whole Paul McCartney rant I think is in retribution for the UK this year naming Mariah carries All I Want for Christmas is You as the holiday song they don't want to hear. Ever, again, that is just not that's incorrect.
Speaker 2: That's how wars start Kingdom.
Speaker 3: Been wrong, He's been very wrong before. It just goes on the list.
Speaker 2: They don't like our domination. Oh interesting, jealous of our global domination? Are you United Kingdom? It used to be you, we know, but now it's us. Now it's us.
Speaker 3: We're not bitter.
Speaker 1: So then JM writes, which is especially galling considering that one of their countrymen recorded the actual worst Christmas song. I just I want you guys to know that Jam never writes and never like puts opinion in his pieces. It's always just like news joke, news joke, right, right right. But he couldn't couldn't hold himself back this time, Cook, JM. Cook, Paul McCartney's Wonderful Christmas Time is just a goddamn nightmare of a recording consistently ranking as one of people's least favorite Christmas songs, if not the very worst. And then he quotes an article by ass Squire that says, this is the Beatles of terrible Christmas songs. It's a love song between a middle aged man and the new Cassio keyboard he got in his stocking. That's scathing, That is kind of scathing. I don't I don't know, we went and watched the video, and the video at first seems seems like it was made by people who hadn't heard the song, because like for a lot of it, it like the first maybe forty percent of it, it looks like they're doing a pub song. There's people with like upbrand basses and like acoustic guitars and like they're all just like it's it sounds like they think this song is going to sound like a party, you know, and it does not. It sounds sounds weird. It sounds like you're it's being recorded in the phantom zone like from Superman, you know, Like it's just it feels like it's being recorded in the void of space on a moon made of cocaine.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, absolutely, Again, I think everyone brings their own thing into why it irks them. I and I grew up always here and people be like, dude, this is the worst fucking song. It's the worst fucking song. But as a kid, like whenever, I don't know, I always thought it was fine. Like I was like, yeah, whatever, I like this sense, And especially when it goes ban Bank bang Brown down ground, bring down, clown down gun kunk like that far, I'm like, yo, that's fucking art, baby, Yeah, that's art. Now you've now Paul McCartney's doing something. Let me just work a couple things out here real quick. What if I just mash this chord a bunch. I think it's this part right here, all right, that's all we can do before we get sued but back. But it does fuck with that heavy.
Speaker 1: It does really have the energy, and it was like as synths we're being recorded. I think it came out in seventy nine, and it feels like you're watching somebody like pink bin bin punk punk punk and then like kind of get like a little used to it and start like fucking with it. Like right, you're hearing the synthesizer be invented on this song. Uh Jam also says how is it possible that Literal Beatle pen to the crappiest Christmas song of all time? I will say there are plenty of songs in their catalog that are essentially children's songs. I think they're mostly written by Paul McCartney, and they're essentially like like oh bla dy obla da is like a pretty bad, like objectively like annoying song like to like I think it's been ranked on lists like that a lot. Yeah like their music, A lot of his McCartney songs, like what when you know my kids were in the I just like Christmas or I just like children's songs phase of their development, like when they're like three. The like Paul McCartney songs fit right in there, like a lot of them, at least his garden, Like I don't know if that's written by that, that might be ringo, but yeah, like they have like some kids boppy songs, so like that, I wouldn't say that it would be weird for them to have like a weird Christmas song that is kind of a lot.
Speaker 2: Of people think is an What's interesting about this song is people don't like it. Everyone hates it for their own reasons. I know people who don't like it because they deify Paul McCartney and they're like, this is so beneath Paul McCartney, Like I don't even like to acknowledge that this is a fucking track he made because it's so fucking bad. Other people like it's annoying, it sounds stupid. We were listening to before and I remember when Tory came on the Zoom call. I was like, let me just do a vibe check. I'm gonna play the song and then just ask Tory. You know, once you realized what's going on though, Tory, what do you think of the song? And you said, oh, and I say save it for the recording. Cory, what tell me about your experience with this song? Where are you at with Paul McCartney's Wonderful Christmas Time?
Speaker 3: You know, it's not that I hate it, It's just that I worked at the Gap for several years and they had their little Christmas music track that they would play from like Black Friday through New Year's Eve.
Speaker 2: I worked in retelling about that. Yeah, it's like.
Speaker 3: Two and a half hours long, and I'm out there working like eight nine hour shifts right multiple times a week, and it was just like, yet, every single song on that track I just don't like and they were all like it kind of sucked because they were all like secular songs. So like, I feel like now all I have left is like the like religious.
Speaker 2: Christmas songs, Yeah, like Herald Angels, which are all.
Speaker 3: Very problematic and like anti Semitics, So I'm not really like they're like you're a frequency, You're like because of frequency. Yeah exactly, I'm just like, okay, I don't love.
Speaker 1: This one has a frequency issue in that it's simply having a wonderful Christmas time seventeen times seventeen fucking times, which is but that's not.
Speaker 3: How kids talk either, which I think is funny because it does have kind of like a kid's song feel to it, But then kids never say I'm simply having a wonderful Christmas.
Speaker 1: Time like this, simply having it has a it's a small world vibes, like that's what Justin was saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm asking producer Justin like why it's annoying to him, and he goes, it makes me think of I'm out shop doing Christmas shopping and it's always playing and I'm always just hearing the chorus and it's just like it's like simply having it's it's grading. The chorus was grading to him, And I get that because I physically have to move like a fucked up robot when I sing it, because that's what it feels like. I can't just still have my next still and be like simply I gotta be like simply having it's got.
Speaker 1: That energy turning to an animatronic child. Yeah, having wonderful Chris Well, so, uh, somebody who buy the name of Ryan George. D Ryan George on Twitter suggests that Paul McCartney's Wonderful Christmas Time is about friends practicing witchcraft but then someone walks in and they have to suddenly play it cool. And so when you look at the lyrics, the moon is right, the spirit's up, we're here tonight and that's enough wonderful like that.
Speaker 2: You're like.
Speaker 1: The pizza are ready. Yeah, we're not. We're not. We're not, we're not.
Speaker 2: We're not trying to conjure man all.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, the vibe definitely shifts and it like feels insistent in a way that even whoever is performing the song like doesn't really believe simply have like if I just say this enough, it'll all be over. And then the video like so at first it's like for a different song, but then it starts messing around with like what I guess, the the visual you know, industrial light, magic equipal line of like you know, the synth, it's like very early shitty special effects where like wait, things start flying through the air. Yeah, it's pretty wild, it's pretty It gets pretty cochy at a certain point.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's what that's I think. That's the other thing I appreciate is like, this feels like Paul McCartney's like, I don't give a fuck about any of y'all say y'all don't like it the Wings is over because this shit came out after the last Wings album. And also Paul McCartney is like the only person listed as personnel this track, so he did it all all goals, keyboards, synthesizers, guitars, bassed, drums, percussion, and jingle bells all Paul McCartney. So it feels like he's like, you guys, don't believe in me. Watch this shit and then you get this track. It sounds like he makes around at least four hundred thousand dollars a year from all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: But the like, yeah, the video is just yeah, the video feels like it's for It looks like you're watching people kind of like not a rager, but like having a pretty intense time at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems like it was shot over the course of It's like wrong and two nights where nobody slept in between the two and everybody was just drinking and doing cocaine the whole time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's which is like it's sort of fun to watch they're weird, Like it's it is kind of fun to look back on people's like, oh, you were like tripping and this is what you came up with. Okay, But then it doesn't the energy doesn't match the song, which feels to me pretty fucking chill. Yeah, it's just like, oh yeah, we're just like bopping along right like animatronic children. And then you guys are like there's a lot, there's a lot of blow, like you probably spent at least as much on cocaine as you did on the video production.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it shows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is there a song?
Speaker 2: Because with music though too generally like I don't really I don't get I get angry when people do like the fifty greatest hip hop albums of all time, then I lose my mind and I don't know what's objective anymore.
Speaker 1: And they put most songs on that number one, number one, the number two, a qumin I number one.
Speaker 2: But like I like so when people talk about hating the song, it never really bothered me because I'm like, yeah, whatever, Like I don't fucking I don't fuck with a lot of music because it just doesn't reach me in a certain way. But then I do try and think, is there a song I really don't like when it comes to Christmas? I don't know. Do you actually do any of you have a song that you absolutely fucking hate hearing during Christmas time? Like you will be like, dude, please turn this shit off. Whether it's through sheer repetition that has caused you to slowly go through like a like a you know, torture chamber sort of experience, or because just artistically you cannot abide.
Speaker 3: I'm good at tuning stuff out, I'll say, I don't know, it's like I've built.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just again I've learned.
Speaker 3: I don't like I don't have hearing aids, but I still just like turn it down to zero and just like keep going about my business. Right, But like, there is there is one song and I have not been able to find it, But there is one Christmas song that I do actually hate. I can't I've looked for it with the lyrics I can remember, nothing comes up. I've looked at probably a couple dozen worst Christmas songs lists, can't find it. So I'm like, maybe I just made that shit up, but it was on the Gap Christmas track.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's the one someone Christmas song I hate.
Speaker 3: I've never heard it anywhere but there I can't find it on the internet, so like, maybe sing it now. I like, it's been so long at this point, I don't even know what the lyrics are. I just like this random poppy. Let me think about it. But Jack, why don't you answer the question? See if I'm falling up.
Speaker 1: Of the song? So, like the band aid do they know it's Christmas? Is like just all time shitty. The song's not good. The lyrical content is like offensive, that's kind of I think that's the go to, and it like does just thoroughly suck in all the different ways that a song can suck. I don't think any cool person could come to me and be like, actually, when you listen to the chord progression, I'd be like, Okay, I'll give it another shot, Like I think that song fucking sucks. So we have a holiday like White Elephant Gift Exchange, and I was asking people for their favorite Christmas songs so I could like put together a playlist, and one of the producers suggested this Kinks song, Father Christmas, Father Christmas, give us some money, don't mess around with those silly little and I like added it to my own Christmas list because like this person has like pretty good taste of music, and I just like had it on there for a year and I was like, I fucking hate this song. They really hate everything about this song. It's like the lyrics are like when I was small, I believed in Santa Claus though I knew it was my dad. It's like, hey, hey, what the fuck? Yeah, Like I don't know, they're like.
Speaker 2: Chill out and like all smoking outside of a bar telling you that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's just like they're not being like I guess they're like trying to be like punk rock, but it feels like kind of like spoiled shitty kids. Like maybe it's satire, but it's just kind of a I don't know, not a huge fan of that one. I'd say that's the one that the holiday just like it's first of all, you're ruining the Santa Claus lie that I tell my kids. For me, I'm the one who tells.
Speaker 2: The first the first verse.
Speaker 1: Your kids are like dad, yeah, small yeah. And then I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just like it.
Speaker 1: Just the song itself kind of sucks for me. I know, it's like a lot I like the Kinks, like a lot of their songs that one doesn't really for.
Speaker 2: The defend they have people hopefully are level headed enough to know that music is a very subjective thing. Tory, do you did you figure out what the melody was?
Speaker 3: Nope, It's like I'm getting like little pieces of it. It's coming back, very rebuilding.
Speaker 2: Sorry to take you back there.
Speaker 1: Do you guys do gift rapping? Did you gift rapping?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna d m you when I remember it, and it's just gonna be me humming soon off key.
Speaker 2: My favorite challenge, my favorite challenge.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna, yeah, I will. I'm going to do it.
Speaker 2: I think I do have one song actually this year that I have skipped multiple times because I'll play a playlist for the guy's child that that's like kids stuff for whatever reason, Mary, did you know by the Pentatonic?
Speaker 1: Did you know? Yeah? Here's so and it's so earnest and like churchy, and you feel like they're about to sit you down and tell you why Santa Claus is and like not should not be part of your Christmas syl.
Speaker 2: My am I back the baggage I bring to listen because it's all about where you're coming from is. I was subjected to that song for many years, going to like a Lutheran en through eighth grade, and I was like.
Speaker 1: Dude, I hate this one.
Speaker 2: Like I'd rather do Hark the Herald Angels sing than fucking marry digit because it felt like so weird. I felt like we were singing like a ballad to me, and I'm like, yeah, that is a great pick.
Speaker 1: That is the worst Christmas song. That's that's my new answer.
Speaker 3: Was discourse about this the other day were people uh huh, because people were like it's bad, but it's not that bad. But then there was like this pushback of like you, They're like you don't get to decide whether or not it's like anti feminists.
Speaker 1: Because you're a man.
Speaker 3: And it's like yeah, because the discourse on Twitter for several years was like this really condescending. Obviously Mary fucking knew, Like what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Obviously obviously God whispered to her.
Speaker 3: And like backlash to the backlash. It's been a journey for Mary. Did you know for sure? But I don't. I don't love it. It's it's just annoying.
Speaker 2: We got it, so, yeah, it got There's so many, so many Bible songs i'll ride with. I'm like they're stuck in my brain or whatever. But Mary, did you know when I hear it, I'm like, this isn't the vibe for me right now. I need I need some corny not like I don't like it feels like suddenly like my teacher was like, everyone, it's time to sing our like our Bible song.
Speaker 1: Now, Mary, did you know sucks so bad? I'm like getting angry just like reading the lyrics now, like the fuck you. Yeah, it just feels like a tone again, a tonal shift like that in the same way that I think the thing that people object to about like Santa Baby, the Paul McCartney one and this one, is that it's like a tonal shift instead of like I feel like the person who's singing the Christmas music should always sound like happy and a little bit drunk, and like this one just sounds like they are at church.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It feels like to get you to like feel bad about the fact that you didn't go to church enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's It's the song equivalent of having an intervention suddenly with your family and they're like, why aren't you going to church anymore? And I'm like what.
Speaker 3: It's so fucking problematic when you think about it from the from the angle of like, well, Mary couldn't really consent because like God, the Father is a deity and she's a fucking child. So then it's like, oh, you have to start thinking about it from that perspective. It's just like yuck.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but here's the thing in it. She was into it. Oh my god, wearing that day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can you imagine like if you bring that thing up, they're like, actually Mary was asking Jesus or God to put a baby in her if you just if you listen close. But yeah, the lyrics are very like Okay, I know this guy, this sky man, knocked you up, But did you know that your baby boy would save our sons and daughters? Okay? And would walk on water? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And worder do rhymes? They do have a.
Speaker 2: Walk on water?
Speaker 1: Mary? Did you know?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Mary, did you know? Did you know your son's gonna walk on water?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That's pretty cool Mary. Yeah, I just gotta say it's kind of cool. Hey, come on down, Galilee, check it out. Oh ship, all right, I think we I'm really happy with that segment because I do think we landed on the worst Christmas song. Yeah, well done.
Speaker 2: And again it's all subjectives that gang I would love to hear. That's fine, that's the law. But also Zi Gang, I would love to hear if you're I know I always say zyching let me know. But if you do tell me a song that you hate, you please add to specific context and baggage that you brought to the song that makes you hate it.
Speaker 1: Tell us before tomorrow, because we have one more recording tomorrow that's just going to be a long Trends episode. Hit us up and we'll we'll talk it out tomorrow. Otherwise let us know, we will not want to talk about it after the new year.
Speaker 2: So hit us up.
Speaker 1: Oh, actually hit us up today this Yeah, yeah, right now, right now. If you're driving, I don't care, No, that's not true.
Speaker 9: Yeah, pull over, pull.
Speaker 2: Over, pull over and do it though, all right at your hazard's on Tory.
Speaker 1: What a pleasure having you on the daily Seitgeist. Where can people find you? Follow you? All that good stuff?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can check out my podcast, White Homework having propaganda on this week, so anybody wants to pop over and listen. We're talking about building community, caring for the environment, making better choices, all those important things.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: And he's just yeah, been me really sane right now because I appreciate how calm and reasonable he is in the face of Trump and authoritarianism and fascism. So yeah, White Homework. Anywhere you get your podcasts, you can check that out. I'm also on blue Sky at torriglass dot Besky dot social. I feel like I should change that, but that's what it is for now, And you can find me on Instagram at White Homework.
Speaker 1: All right, and is there work a media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: So elon Musk's mother, I'm sure you saw was on Fox talking about how people need to make more babies and whatever and instead of going out for pizza and a movie, they need to procreate more because like you know, when.
Speaker 2: She either for a piece, not even that, it was like, just have a baby. I don't care if you can't afford to fucking do anything anymore, like go to a movie, fuck and make a baby. So we have more smurfs to run the machine. Yeah, and this is like, really, Musk's mother is a character that I after, Oh yeah she's been for a minute.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah she has, she has anyway. But I was I was really appreciating what everybody I was really appreciating what everybody was saying and trolling her. My particular troll was, you guys, stop what you're doing. The ghost of apartheid past has an opinion. So I was like, I can't. I can't stand her. But yeah, he needs a little worker bee, So please, if you're not busy, go appropriate.
Speaker 1: Busy tis the season.
Speaker 2: Most people get pregnant in the air, I think because she's talking directly to like she's looking at the polling as to why younger people aren't having kids, like there's no money to support. It's like, you don't need Oh my god, Yeah, I live in an apartment. Sure it was a penthouse off fifth A or whatever, and.
Speaker 1: I was a building.
Speaker 3: She's like, there was a view of a garage. It was so ugly, and I'm like that's okay, Like it doesn't matter that my father in law owned half an Emerald mine.
Speaker 1: We were poor. Yeah, Miles, where can people find you as their working media? You've been enjoying.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, you can find me at Miles of Gray wherever there's at symbols blue Sky included especially Blue Sky uh and also find Jacket on the basketball podcasts of Jacket Man Boost. Please find me on four to twenty Day Fiance with Sophia Alexandra the k Ones. Let's see, do you I have a piece of media? Na, I've just I do. Watch Surviving Christmas.
Speaker 1: Please watch.
Speaker 2: Ye, it's so fucking bad and bizarre because I feel like most if you saw it, fine, but the James Gandel Feeni uh, Ben Affleck, Catherine O'Hara Christmas Comedy with Christina Applegate, it's it's so confusing, but again worth watching because you can't believe, like how they've got these actors together and it makes zero sense. So anyway, that's my work of media that I am suggested until the end. That's the time.
Speaker 1: Let's see, I've been enjoying all the people screen capping their Darth Penis asked, what are posts that aren't load bearing anywhere but your personal lexicon, Like the ones that weren't really popular but are so enshrined in her mind that you assume they got hundreds of thousands of likes. I've just been enjoying the responses to that. What one of them was Fry Underscore Underscore. Fry retweeted a tweet from at gloom Father, who tweeted, white people will hear a herald angel sing and say some shit like hark that's true, and then I will hark. I really liked this from Please Be Nice on Blue Sky, who tweeted inspecting each cost Co Rotisserie chicken like a show dog. I do that. Yeah, just lifting just yet and pat given a little head tilt. You can find me on Blue Sky at Jack ob and the Number one. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brian. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeikegeist. We're at the Daily Zeikegeist on Instagram, we have a Facebook fan page and a website daily zekeist dot com, where we post our episodes in our footnotes. We're all on YouTube Daily zeke I Pod, and we also do the footnotes in the show description where we link off to the information we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song we think you might enjoy. Miles, is there a song that you think people might enjoy it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's an LA trio called Gabriels that I've been you know, speaking of Angels, I mean that have a really dope album that came out I think maybe the end of last year, I want to say, or maybe the summer of last year. But what's cool about it is that it's produced by sound Wave, who is one of the main producers Kendrick Lamar works with. And it is super dope. Like a lot of Kendrick's like really memorable tracks are Soundwave produced songs. So got into this more like kind of jazzy like Gospely like Volk like singers, which is really dope. This track is called Blame and it's really fucking dope by Gabriels, you know. So it's Blame by Gabriels. Anyway, for those of you that if you even like, you know Kendrick Lamar and the stuff he's made, it's interesting to see sound Wave producing stuff like this. Although Soundwave is produced stuff for like Beyonce and stuff like that in the past. But this is a really interesting album and I think it's just a cool, cool track. So this is Blame by Gabriels, And maybe you've heard it because it's a pretty big track, but I heard it recently and I'm loving it.
Speaker 1: I'm loving it. The Daily Zika is a production of my Heart Radio. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows that It's gonna do it for us Today. We're back tomorrow with a whole ass special Christmas episode of the show. About This is Tomorrow's Horniness. Christmas Horningness. Yeah I believe so. Yes, we'll be talking about Christmas hornings kick off our special Christmas season and we hope you guys have a great holiday. We certainly will, and we will talk to you all tomorrow. Bye well, bye bye