Speaker 1: What's that an, It's spooky.
Speaker 2: I'm really sure it's dead. It's coming, it's way Wait.
Speaker 1: A minute, I said, niras Jess, Hey boo, it's me raz Oh my gosh, okay, I'm I can't believe this.
Speaker 2: But I did not even see this. It turns out that there was the ninth siding of Miss Lockness Monster this year alone. And I saw this article that was actually posted at the beginning of August on the mirror the UK tob Loyd and okay, so it says that somebody named Colin Vcock was scanning the water with his binoculars and he noticed something that was two thirds across the lock, and he realized that it was easily the length of the handrail at the rear of the boat, which led him to assess that he saw what he saw was nearly two feet high and ten to twelve feet long. He said the same was witnessed by two other families. So, okay, so she's twelve feet long. I don't know. For some reason in my mind I always thought that she was like gigantic, like sixty feet or something. But okay, all right, all right, miss NeSSI I'm listening, says also A man and his daughter from Chester reported seeing an unidentified movement in the lock on July nineteenth. Okay, so she's trying to be seen. Six of the sightings this year have been and by the locks webcam. Okay, so she's a cam model. I see. Scientists have earlier claimed that they've solved the mystery and that she could possibly just be a giant eel. The official register has now logged one and thirty nine sightings from records and other evidence stretching back through the centuries. So I don't know, because so we talked about last year there was those sonar images that are like the most compelling evidence of Lockness monster yet. But I can't decide. Maybe she's starting to finally want to step out and have the world see her. But it's kind of I kind of feel like this is that paparazzi culture that we need to just let the stars live their lives. Let's not you know, if she wants us to see her, she'll let us see her. But other than that, I say, let her be, let her enjoy whatever she's got going down there. But I'm still waiting for, like, you know, if we've got if we've got news to report on her. I want to see her. I want to see her. I want to see eyeballs. How about that, I want to see eyeballs. That's when I'm going to really believe it. I also wanted to read a Facebook group ghost story that was posted in our Facebook group called ghosted by Rosdressfallese. This comes from Celia Hey Celia, who writes while staying at a friend's cabin in the mountains recently, my partner was outside and everyone else was still asleep while I was in the bathroom upstairs. The stairs would creak when anyone came up or down, and I didn't hear anything. But suddenly the bathroom door flung open forcefully and I I saw a pair of legs with bare feet and what looked like a white cloth wrapped around them at the knees. I screamed, damn, babe, can't you knock? And I slammed the door shut. I thought it was my partner with a white towel wrapped around him, since I knew he had been swimming. The energy just hovered outside the door, and I could see shadows where feet would be, but no one said anything, and a chill ran down my spine. That's when I realized I never heard anyone come up the stairs. I started getting nervous and I said, Okay, this isn't funny. Stop being creepy again. There was nothing. I opened the door and no one was there. My partner was still outside, and my friends were still sound asleep. Also at that point, I realized that there weren't any white towels in the cabin, and none of us brought any that were that color. We think that this was an apparition because my friends stayed in that room of the cabin last time they were there, and my friend woke up from a night terror in that room and saw a shadow figure hovering over him between the bed and the window. I think the white cloth I saw may have been a dress instead of a towel, so we think maybe there's a female presence. Other experiences that my friends have had there fucking circus music. The creepiest of all, waking up to the sound of a woman sobbing and male voices talking to each other. There were some other cabins nearby, but nowhere near close enough to make these type of sounds at an audible level, and they all sounded like they were coming from within the house itself. Think I saw my first apparition of legs. Eek. Thank you Celia for sharing that story. It reminds me of when I had on Jess Ambrose and we were talking about how you often see ghosts from the waist up and how come you never just see a pair of legs walking around. But yeah, it makes sense that you could just see that ooh ghost legs. Okay, So today I have got Ben de Lagrem, who you may know from Repul's Drag Race, Repulse, Drag Race All Stars. I love Benda La Grem, and I reached out Dayla was like, I like ghosts, I don't really have much of the stories. Turns out she's got stories. And then after we recorded this, she sent me a message and she's like, oh, I've been listening to the podcast and I have more stories. So she's like, I'm thinking of all these other ones. The wheels are turning, and so I'm like, Okay, well, you're gonna have to come back at some point hopefully. Plus I mentioned last week at the end of my conversation with Rih Stavis that it's just like so it blew my mind that it turns out that the week after I talked to Ri Stavis, I talked to Bend La Graham, who has been to our Age Stavis. It's just like it was like such a weird, like what some kind of synchronicity. I asked the universe to be able to talk to someone that has been to our Age Stavas and this all worked out. It's just crazy. It blew my mind when this happened. So you get to hear about that today. And as always, if you want to hear a little bit extra, go to patreon dot com slash. While I was dres false and in this bonus clip on my second tier this week, I found a recent bigfoot video that the two of us talk about. It was the Bigfoot allegedly was captured on camera in a river in Michigan, and the two of us kind of analyze it, you know, two drag queens analyzing bigfoot footage. I mean, come on, the content I create, and then we also do the Unexplained phenomena thing, so we talk about UFOs and time travel and haunted dolls and that kind of stuff as well. Okay, here we go. My conversation with Ben Delacreme and with the show. I am joined by Ben Dela Greme. Hello, Hi, how are you? I am so good? You know, I don't know you as well as I wish I did, but I'm a huge fan.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I'm a huge fan of yours as well.
Speaker 4: I'm but we're going to start doing each other really soon now that I live in La Ya, I'm going to make you go to the flea market with me at five am.
Speaker 3: Girl.
Speaker 2: I am the flea market queen. I'm so happy to find somebody else that can be on my level. I'm because here's what you'll learn about la is that, you know, we really are kind of like laid back. There's a lot of Oh it's hard to get out of bed, you know, and I'm not like an early riser or anything. But for a flea market, I can. I could do that, and it's hard for me. Probably the reason I usually don't do that is because I can't find anyone to go with me that because nobody ever wants to wake up that early.
Speaker 3: I am that person that person you know.
Speaker 4: Also, I just want to say, like, I've been such a fan of you since I think the first time I saw you was in Mean Girls, when Peaches did it and you came to Seattle and I was still living in Seattle at the time, and you like blew me away.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, thank you that show.
Speaker 4: So don't tell like Wilhelm or Kimchi, but you stole the show.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you. How's everything going? First of all, how are you feeling going back into the world.
Speaker 3: I'm not really doing it yet.
Speaker 4: Like it's like I keep talking to people and they're like, you know, I don't like now that I live in la which is like super weird to be like, you know, we moved right before the pandemic and now we're like coming out of quarantine, but also like in a new city and it's like meet new people, go new places, and I you know, and it's not like I don't have friends here, but they're just not like established hangout friends, like they're friends who have always been in a different city. So people like invite me out and then I'm I'm that person who like makes plans like two weeks out and then like the night before is like oop, sorry, something came up. But what came up is my like agoraphobia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I totally get that, especially after the pandemic. It's like I'm now so used to It's like I could hang out with you or I could hang out with you with no pants on, with like food on my face and we can just talk on the phone. Yeah, so which one?
Speaker 4: We're like, if you're willing to witness me that way in person, and if I'm comfortable enough with you to like have food on my face, then like, great, come over.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, Well, I want to talk to you about the paranormal. Yeah, what do you what? What are your thoughts on the paranormal?
Speaker 4: You know, I'm one of I would say I'm one of those people, but I like don't even know if there's categories of whatever. But anyway, I my feelings are that I do feel like I have had paranormal experiences in my past, and I do feel like there are potential like explanations for things. But I'm not like a cynic. Like I'm not I don't see the point in like trying to debunk paranormal stuff because like why would that be less valid or real? But I'm also not like a die hard like you know, pursuer of the paranormal. But you know, one of my favorite movies in the whole world is the Haunting from nineteen sixty three, not like the terrible one that they made in the early two thousands or whatever it was. But the one of the main characters, doctor Markaway, is like a paranormal researcher, and he talks a lot about Rather than referring to it as the paranormal, or rather the supernatural, he refers to it as the preternatural, which is just the idea, not that it can't be explained, but that we can't explain it yet, which is like the same as the Earth is flat, right, So it's just well that's true, right, yeah, right, exactly. Yes, I mean that has yet to be debunked, but at some point it could be.
Speaker 2: That's the point I'm kidding. Anyone listening, Well, yeah, I mean that's what I always think about. First of all, I think a lot of humans feel the need to have answers to everything, which I understand. Uh, it's comfort, it's safety, it's stability, it's all of that. But there's also so many things that like, Okay, for example, I always think about like Bigfoot or Lockness monster or that kind of stuff. It's like, okay, if we figure out what that is, then it just becomes an animal. It's not like it's you know, now, it's not the paranormal. It's like, oh no, that's just like a type of animal that we have that lives in those places. It's just that we haven't figured that out yet, right, And we're discovering new species all the time, totally.
Speaker 4: I mean, I couldn't name any of them if you put me on the spot, but we're discovering them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. So have you ever encountered a ghost of your own?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: So when I was a youth, my grandparents lived in this house in the middle of the woods in rural Connecticut, and their parents had lived there and their parents had lived there, so it was like old family home in the spirit of like waspy New England life. So when I turned seven, it was our turn to move there, and I'd spent every summer there since I was seven, and it was like the fucking worst because not only it was remote in the middle of nowhere and boring as hell, it also was the creepiest house ever in like the most classical sense, Like it felt like a Vincent Price movie, like the it was like dusty, old faded wallpaper, peeling off the walls, creaky floorboards, literal hallways lined with oil paintings of my creepy ancestors, like super super creepy, and it was like the house was built in the seventeen hundreds, like early, and then kind of had additions built onto it by the family over the years, and there was just like stuff everywhere, like there's like all these antiques that belonged to like our great great grandparents, and then like every generation would just pile more shit on top, so it was like it was like fancy antique store hoarders, and it was just like full on ghost movie. And it was because it had been added on to so much. It was like kind of vast and sprawling in this way that as a seven year old I would like forget rooms were there and then like rediscover them, like the secret Garden, Super Creepy.
Speaker 3: I actually brought my partner.
Speaker 4: Gus there, like a couple of years ago, and he was like, this house is straight out of a horror movie. It's so freaky, and I'm like, this house has been redone, like they took off the like all the creepy stuff has gone, and it's still creepy as hell. So so I was like, like I like wept like for days when I was told that we were going to move into this creepy house, and because like, Okay, there's all this history there, but that's like obviously super linked to energy, right, whether it's ghosts or whatever it is, there's like energy.
Speaker 3: And my family is like my family history on.
Speaker 4: My dad's side is like super tragic, lots of mental illness, lots.
Speaker 3: Of like all sorts of sad stuff.
Speaker 4: So so like all this like exists in this house, right, and there's this weird like allegiance of the family to like live there, which is also like kind of creepy in and of itself, even though all these terrible things happen in this house. So when I was little and we first moved in at night, I started seeing things and you know, of course that's really easy to chalk up to like oh kids, you know, it felt really vivid to me at the time, Like I would see, well, I would see like there were two things that really stick in my memory. One in my bedroom, just like looking up into the darkness and seeing figures like in the.
Speaker 3: Upper corners of the room.
Speaker 4: Start to like creep out of the corners like spider like on the walls. Ooh yeah, and they were like super you know. It was that kind of classic like spindly, skeletal, gray, kind of demon looking thing. And I think about it, and I'm like, at that time, did I have a point of reference for that? Like I wasn't watching horror movies. I wasn't seeing that, you know. So I'm like, you know, because kids like sort of play stuff over they see in their minds all the time, but like, I'm like, did I even was that even planted somewhere in my head? So that was something that would happen like all the time. It was so terrifying to me. But what was even scarier was multiple times being like terrified in my room of these things. I was seeing and hearing my parents in the hallway and being like, oh my god, it's soy. My parents are here, getting out of bed, go opening my door, going into the creaky, scary hallway, my parents standing there, Me going to hug my mom, then opening my eyes and I'm alone in the hallway.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute. Okay, So so you would be sleepwalking as you and then you would wake up.
Speaker 4: I don't know whether it was sleepwalking and waking up. I don't know whether it was, you know, I mean again, it's like that's what I've chalked it up to. Forever is like sleepwalking waking up. But you know, the older I get and the more I'm like open to different ideas, I'm like, I don't fucking know, you know, like, I don't know if that was. I do feel like that house is full of you know, like again, whatever form, it's taking creepy ass energy and there's like energy like cycling over right, And that's like what ghosts are is just like repetition of a moment forever and ever and ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what I've learned from having so many of these conversations with people is that there's so much out there that's not just somebody dies in a house and then the energy lingers. It could be a lot of different things, Like, for example, maybe it could be that your parents were subconsciously astro projecting. Do you know much about that? No, that's like when you sleep and your spirit body, your astral body, leaves your physical body and can go do things. And a lot of people have this ability. A lot of people do it subconsciously. A lot of times I hear stories of people seeing the ghost of their partner or someone that they know that they live with, and then all of a sudden they disappear, and it's it's, yeah, it's like a subconscious thing that that happens, but it appears to be like a ghost of someone that is still alive. Now that's one thing that could happen. Another thing that could happen is a in energy of sorts that people report that kind of impersonates humans, you know, impersonates loved ones to draw you in. Which is that more thing?
Speaker 4: Because it was so terrifying, and that's always like how it felt. It always felt like a like a creepy trick had been played on me, you.
Speaker 2: Know, because that whatever you're describing creepy crawling in the corner, that doesn't even sound like a human a human energy. It sounds like something otherworldly for sure.
Speaker 3: And that's how it felt, you know, when it was one of these things.
Speaker 4: It's never like I was like, you know, I couldn't describe one of those figures to.
Speaker 3: Like a sketch artist.
Speaker 4: It was just like kind of you know, dark amorphous, you know, which feels very in keeping with like the kinds of figures people describe on like paranormal experience shows and stuff. But but yeah, no, it definitely didn't feel like a spirit of something.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: And then so actually to skip ahead, I you know, for a long time just like kind of didn't think about any of that, and then when I did think about it, I was like kids in their imaginations, you know. But so recently, like maybe I don't know, a month or two ago, I went to an exorcist here in La.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, what, Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Went to an exorcist. She's actually specifically like.
Speaker 3: Okay, so she's.
Speaker 4: A non denominal ex wait wait wait is this rh S Davis?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yeah, Oh my god, Wait a minute. This is the most insane thing ever. She's a good friend of the pod. Just had her on last week's episode. But I just had her out last week and I was telling her, uh, because I know that she's had like a lot of celebrity clients and a lot of people, and I was saying, oh, I'm I really want to talk to like a celebrity or someone that has been to you. This is insane.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's actually it's funny because her partner is a is a very old friend of mine and so we got reconnected with her when I moved to La and then she was like, oh, this is my partner the Exorcist.
Speaker 2: So first of all, so the book is incredible. You should read her book. It's really good.
Speaker 3: It's I I haven't read it yet.
Speaker 2: It's okay, okay, So I'm dying to hear about this. Tell us as much as you're comfortable sharing, but I want to know about this process.
Speaker 4: Well, it's very it's very intense, you know, and it's very like vulnerable. I was super nervous going into it, and you know, like and she is just like wonderful, Like her energy is really great and calming, but also like authoritative in a way that you feel like.
Speaker 3: You're in good hands right totally, So you know.
Speaker 4: So I went to her place and it was funny because her partner was like just like in the front yard and we just like sat down and she just I was all like a mess, like, oh my god, what's about to happen? And she's literally just like how are you doing? Like how is Gus? Like, you know, just having like very normal chit chat with me, And in my brain, I'm like this is this is very weird that this is so normal.
Speaker 2: To her, you know, normal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then Rachel comes out and kind of joins the conversation, and it's just like very you know, and in my head I've been spinning all day about what this is going to be mean. And then you know, in the middle of just like how's your week been, it's suddenly like, okay, let's go do an exorcism. So we we go into her her like room where she performs the rituals, and you know, I talked a lot to her about like I asked her lots of questions before I'd even decided that I wanted to do this, I asked her lots of questions like kind of about what is like what is the term exorcist mean in this scenario? You know, And she was telling me about like you know, like clearly you've spoken to her on the pod, so it's like, right, we're not talking like some sort of demon speaking through your body necessarily. She's looking at entities who attach themselves to you, who like she can see who may be causing like mayhem in your life. But the way she describes it is more of you know, like she can see it, but it's like an external attachment almost rather than like them like moving you through your body. But their attachment can affect your behaviors and it can affect and the attachments can like come from any number of places, and like trauma can attract.
Speaker 3: An attachment or you know, an entity.
Speaker 4: So that was like really interesting to me, and I started being like, Okay, what what things in my life that I've like struggled with are potentially you know, a result of this, you know. And again it's like it's not a thing that I was like, whoa, I hear this. I one hundred percent I'm like, yes, this is what's happening. I believe in it in a like really active way, but it's more like a this to me, this feels like there's no reason this would be less true than anything else. Right, Like I have gone to a therapist for a long time, I like take meds for bipolar. Right, Like if I believe in neuroscience and like talk therapy, then like why not you know? So, uh So we go into her space and she kind.
Speaker 3: Of first talks me through what it's going to be.
Speaker 4: She kind of like says, you know, how how we're going to go about this, and then the next step was she was like, I'm going to ask you a couple of questions about your life, and then I'm going to be or no, I'm going to ask you a couple questions about your life, but as you answer them, I'm not going to be looking at you. I'm going to be looking to the spirits, whatever is present, who's you know. And I'm paraphrasing this, and I like, am sure that she would listen to this and be like, oh my god, you're saying that wrong, But this is the vibe.
Speaker 2: Well, she has her own like language, you know, because because what she does is like something that I don't think anybody else really does. So she kind of has her own terms for different things.
Speaker 3: And exactly I'm sure I'm getting them all wrong.
Speaker 2: But the good news is she has a book and there's you can you can definitely you could listen to the two times she's been on this show, like people, if people are curious, there's ways of figuring this out, what her process is like more.
Speaker 3: Holding my babbel.
Speaker 4: But so she's basically like, I'm going to listen to these spirit guides and I'm going to they are going to be answering as you're answering, and their answers may not be the same as yours. So she started asking me about my childhood, and I'm telling her the story of just kind of like this happened, then this happened, then this happened, just like you know, physically where my body moved through space and how it fell, you know, and you know, after asking me a series of questions, she's like, Okay, this is this is how these other spirits present answered these questions. And in some ways it was the same. In some ways it was very different. But one of the things she brought up that I had not brought up at all, because I did not talk about any of the.
Speaker 3: Stuff that I have talked to you about thus.
Speaker 4: Far, is, she said to me, when you were very young, you were able to see entities and spirits. You like had this connection and you had this ability and this openness. And over the years you were told that this was you know, silly and ridiculous and in your head, and so you stuffed it down and you no longer have that access, but you can have it if you develop it.
Speaker 2: So how do you feel about that? Do you want to develop it.
Speaker 4: I think that, you know, when you're a kid, it's like you don't have control over anything in your life, right, It's like you're at the mercy of the adults in your life. Like you're you're still forming as a human being, your brain is still taking shape, right, So it's like, you know, you're at the mercy of I mean, we're all at the mercy of like our moods and our brains and our physical selves, but like even more so as a child, so like you don't have control over anything, So why would you have control over something like that?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: But as an adult, I have tools, I have intention, I have critical thought, and so if I were to go back down that route, I think that, you know, I can. I have people like Rachel who I can look to to help do that in a way that has intention and is not as scary and dangerous feeling.
Speaker 3: So I am interested in that. I don't know quite how.
Speaker 4: I want that to happen, but I'm definitely at a point in my life where I'm wanting to reconnect to a greater sense of spirituality in general. You know, I have cultivated my brain for so long in terms of self reflection as I said of it in therapy for many years.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you know, I.
Speaker 4: Tend to really over intellectualize thing, like when I'm even writing shows, it's very like research heavy and you know, so, so that's the part of my brain I'm really comfortable with. And I feel like I'm at this moment where I'm like, oh, you know, I mean whatever, I'm about to turn forty, maybe some midlife crisis, but I'm ready to like kind of explore this other way of looking at my relationship to the world around me and my sort of inner life, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, Oh my god, this I'm thinking so much about when you were a child, and because I did, I wasn't gonna say it at first, but what you described to me in the corner of your bedroom as a child sounds so much like what she describes of like entities and stuff like kind of creepy crawley things like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you know, And I have not again, I have not spoken to her directly about any of those experiences or what I like I saw.
Speaker 2: You know, she's the real deal.
Speaker 3: Huh, Yeah, I mean I am.
Speaker 4: I just really, I mean, I feel like, you know, something that's so amazing about her is it's like her knowledge and her abilities, she is so clear and confident in them that it does it just is like okay, yeah, like this has validity and wait and I there is no reason I should not like explore this in the same way I would explore anything that you know, in my mind, I've rationalized already, you know.
Speaker 3: M yeah, I am, you know, and I for me too.
Speaker 4: It's like I think in metaphor a lot, and you know, part of that is just comes from being a writer. But but I think there's a reason, right, Like there's a reason that we we try to make whatever we try, we as a species try to make sense out of things through storytelling, right, And that's like where religion comes from, that's where you know, and that's where science comes from.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Although it's you know, I would not qualify that as storytelling, it's still like this need for like a narrative explanation, a narrative story around something.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 4: I so anyway, I make a lot of links, right, and like, to me, what she's describing with like you had something innate as a kid, and you were like shamed around it and have it stuffed down like that's also the queer experience, right, So it's like, in what ways are those things linked?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: And I have like five billion thoughts on you know how, Like I actually wrote a show about a haunted house called Me where the Terror of Gaylord Manner and it's like super campy and shticky and all of this stuff, But ultimately it's like using ghosts and monsters as like a metaphor for the queer experience and go specifically as metaphor for the way that we're like, you know, shamed about things early on, and then we repeat these stories over and over and those stories keep us trapped and keep us from moving forward in the same way that you know, which is like and I just feel like there's a link, there's you know, I don't know what it is, but there's a reason that these queer stories and ghost stories feel parallel.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Yeah. I mean it also makes you think, well, what else have I stuffed down since childhood? Or yeah, you know that that innocent brain that has been clouded by so much of society telling me what I should and shouldn't do. I mean, that's what coming to terms with my gender identity as I've gotten older, it's like, oh, this is stuff that I've known this whole time. It's just society gets in the way and life gets in the way, and then you as you get older, you're like, okay, time to reconnect, Like I'm in charge here and I want to expel and it's a beauty of life. Baby.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean that's been my experience as like a queer person in terms of I mean just how I relate to my own queerness, but also as an artist, you know, because when I make the best work, it looks the most like how my imagination ran wild when I was a child.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I feel like so much of growing up is undoing what has what the world is stifled that was just already inherently you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wait, so do you feel that she and this might be too personal or whatever, but did she remove anything from you or you know, did she exercise any any entities?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know, so she did tell me that she saw one minor entity on me, and I don't remember the name of it, but the way she described it as something that amplifies. So she said it's like not something to worry about. It's like she was like, you know, we'll get rid of it here today.
Speaker 3: But this is this is something that just.
Speaker 4: Sort of and again I'm paraphrasing, and I'm sure she could describe it better, but something that just kind of intensifies what you're feeling and what you're going through, right, which is like makes a ton of sense that that attachment would exist post pandemic and like, you know, like during this I mean collectively traumatic time, right. And I don't know when that thing attached, but you know, I mean I I was bonkers during the pandemic and afterwards and still you know, in recovery essentially, and I think a lot of people are. But but that perfectly made sense to me that that would be present at this time. And you know, without going into too much detail about the ceremony itself, I call it a ceremony.
Speaker 3: I do not know that she would call it that, but it I but it.
Speaker 4: Felt it felt like a spiritual ceremony to me in the ways that like, you know, the limited knowledge I have of like you know, I don't know like indigenous cultures and stuff, you.
Speaker 3: Know, but.
Speaker 4: You know, she was like calling on various spirits and energies and to come and move things through me and I don't pretend to understand all of it. And I also, you know, one of the things she talks about afterwards is she's like, you know, this is one step, but it is up to you to like cultivate this connection. Like she essentially connects you to maybe some things you've been blocked around, but like it's up to you to maintain that openness. And she has like sort of a spiritual practice that if you go to her Instagram, there's several posts that kind of outline it. But it's just something you do a few minutes a day and you kind of call on spirit or whatever your you know, kind of power is, and just kind of ask to be open, ask to be connected with, ask to be communicated with.
Speaker 3: And again it's.
Speaker 4: Like whether that to me is like a physical whether that's like a physical spirit like coming to me in that sense, or if that's just like an energetic reminder for me to be more aware of the energies around me and the spirituality of the world and what my intuition is telling me. Like it kind of to me doesn't matter which thing that is.
Speaker 2: You know, I see when I hear her talk about the stuff I view it as like an incredible like she doesn't look at it like this, but like a life coach or something, where yes, she's basically like, you got to keep the vibration up. Basically you got to take good care of yourself and you've got to be a good person or the demons are gonna be You're gonna look sexy to the demons and they're gonna cling on to you, so you need to like repel them through your positivity. Is sort of one of the things that I take away from what she has to say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like I think the most skeptical version of it is still just like it's it's a language, and it's a lens through which to reconnect to your intuition and your connection to the world around you. You know, whether that's just like nature or you know, like listening more to yourself, reconnecting with those those childhood understandings that maybe have been uh you know, shamed out of you.
Speaker 3: Over the years.
Speaker 4: I mean, even even if that's all that's happening, that's like a really important thing to do. And ultimately, again I just like actually don't care whether it's that or like a physical spirit, you know.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, Yeah, exactly. It's sort of like with a lot of religions, or probably all religions or most it's like, just be a good person. And it's like if you need to call it a religion or not, it's like, ultimately, I think we all just want to be our best selves. It's just a matter of how you get that message. You know, maybe it's.
Speaker 4: Truly And it's like when religion is useful is when again it's like a lens to look through to help you be a better person, be more connected, be more aware of the idea of like community, responsibility to community, and responsibility to yourself. And when religion gets like dangerous and messed up is when people start to be like, yes, this physical thing happened, this you know, man rows out of a cave. You know, like like that's that's when religion starts to get weaponized.
Speaker 3: Is when people are taking it too literally right right.
Speaker 2: And there's a very fun line between that and a good ghost story, though, you know, it's like.
Speaker 3: I mean, it is a ghost story. Where's the line?
Speaker 2: I guess the only difference is that I am not a registered church. If anyone is listening to this podcast, you do not take this as doctrine, I just share lots of ghost stories.
Speaker 4: Speaking as a registered church, I'm saying I'm one hundred percent right about everything.
Speaker 2: Well, so have you now that you have you're on this journey. It sounds like, how do you feel about going to a haunted place? Are you excited? Or are do you get scared?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What do you how do you appress.
Speaker 4: Zero desire to go to a haunted place? Like I don't even want to go to my dad's house, right, he still lives in that creepy ass house. But right, because it's like if you, I mean for me, I'm sure there are people who have different experiences and different reasons for wanting to go, But I'm like, what I'm interested in connecting with is not something that's like dwelling in one of those spaces, because who knows what's there. I'm interested in connecting with anything that's like interested in connecting with me, you know, Okay, because I don't need to go Like I don't need to like go on somebody's turf and have them you'll get off my lawn, right Like I don't want the like ghost version of.
Speaker 2: That, right well, because that's the thing that as you develop like a mediumship or like being able to connect with the spirit world. The part that always scares me about that because I feel like I could do that as well. I think we all probably could connect more in that way if we wanted to. But I what I get nervous about is turning it on and off and being able to have control of it, because, like you know, someone like you, you travel around the world. You're in hotel rooms, you're in old thing, You're in all these different places where there's probably at least one spirit lingering around, and it's a matter of do you want to be open to them or not.
Speaker 4: I mean certainly not in hotels. I will tell you that, Like, I have never seen a thing in a hotel, but there are just some hotel rooms that have given me a vibe that I am like, Nope, not interested. I need to get some sleep so I can get back to the airport, and like whatever is trying to happen right now, I am like fully like in nope, block it, not interested.
Speaker 3: No, thank you.
Speaker 2: Have you ever had a theater ghost experience?
Speaker 4: You know, I personally have not, but I love but I but I have heard stories from so many people, and I love like the weird interesting. I mean, I guess it's not weird, but there's such a theater culture around ghosts. Like have you talked with anybody about the like ghost light tradition. Oh, yes, it's so weird and like fascinating, but also like why would that even exist if that were not you know, like it's clearly a major issue, like they you know, I mean, especially union theater.
Speaker 3: Is so expensive. If somebody's gonna set up a light, you better have a good reason.
Speaker 2: I so basically they put a light on stage when the place is closed down that they just keep on it all times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's super creepy.
Speaker 4: Like the light itself is like it's on a stand, it has like a cage around it. I mean, I'm sure there's other versions of this, but this is what I've seen in most theaters, and it just like sits in the middle of the stage and like casts an eerie glow, which to me, I'm like that feels like it makes it worse.
Speaker 3: But okay, but what is.
Speaker 2: The like superstition behind that just.
Speaker 4: That it like I don't know that it keeps the ghosts away or happy. I mean, I literally don't know what the origin of like why a light would like also, like nobody's there, why not let them just do their thing?
Speaker 3: You know, like give them give them a minute.
Speaker 2: It's their space too, right, it's the off hour.
Speaker 4: But but yeah, so I don't know, but I love that it's a thing. And it's like does not matter whether anyone who works in the theater is even remotely superstitious, they still do it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well, I think that whether people want to admit it or not, like superstition is just a part of theater culture, oh for sure. Like there's just so much of that, and a lot of it is tradition, Like what if we don't do this tradition that we do every time before the show, Like that's like superstitious. It's sort of paranormal or whatever. I guess, And you know, don't say the Scottish play. You know, there's just all these things that are superstitious. But I think also so much of it has to do with the fact that most old theaters are haunted.
Speaker 3: Oh one hundred.
Speaker 4: I my friend Scott, who is a very very close friend who have done a lot of work in writing with In Seattle, there is a theater called Theater off Jackson and it's just like a small like you know, it's like a small kind of black box, and but there there is a backstage on like most black box theaters that is just kind of like behind the curtain. And Scott has told me so many stories about the time, like various times that he has specifically seen and it sounds so silly, but he says it with like the most intense like it is like one of the scariest things that ever happened to him.
Speaker 3: A baby hand.
Speaker 4: Ew Yeah, it's like a baby hand and it moves the curtains.
Speaker 2: Okay, So like, so, do you think it's a baby or is it like that Kristen Wig character with the baby hands.
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I had not even thought of that, but like, yeah, I mean I feel like the stuff that's mounted there in terms of like what kind of shows are put up, is very in the spirit of that Lawrence Welks sketch.
Speaker 2: So, oh my god, a baby hand.
Speaker 3: A baby hand?
Speaker 2: No, well, didn't spooky. Did you ever hear or experience the ghosts of Rebar in Seattle?
Speaker 4: No, I've heard a million stories, and I've worked in Rebar and actually Scott works in Rebar More than I do the guy I'm talking about. And I've heard I've heard tons of stories or not even stories. I've just heard so many people talk about the ghosts in Rebar. But I actually don't know that I've ever been told a super specific story because I can't.
Speaker 3: Have you heard stories about Rebar?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, I've definitely heard stories about that place. It has a long history. There's actually a really good article. I have it here. It's from Seattle dot Curbed dot com, and it's all about the history and the different the different incarnations of that building. But there's a leather Daddy ghost there is what there's that tracks Apparently there's a lot of different way. Actually, I have here former owner Carla Striker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Carla's a friend. I love her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, aka DJMC Queen Lucky. She says, one time, after closing, one of our bartenders was locking up the office door. The lights were out, and her back was to the dance floor. She felt someone behind her, turned around and saw a woman's face in front of her. The bartender got the distinct feeling that the woman was mocking her, laughing at her for being startled. Then this figure sort of got sucked into a little light like old TVs when you turn them off, the screen would shrink into a little light and then blink off. That is how the figure disappeared. But there's like a lot of good stories in this article here and then yeah, it says many people have said there's a BDSM Daddy ghost.
Speaker 4: You know, I feel like I have heard that in the past. I feel like, which I'm very into. Well now it's like, I want to go talk to Scott and Carla about I want I need them to give me the dirt.
Speaker 2: I want to do a live show there.
Speaker 3: They it's gone.
Speaker 2: Is it officially gone?
Speaker 3: I didn't know it's officially gone. It's so sad.
Speaker 4: I mean, Rebar honestly was the best queer performance space in Seattle. It housed all the most like legendary acts. It was you know, that's where Dina Martina got her start and always did her shows. That's where Brown Derby happened. That's and you know, and when people would tour through, you know, Jackie Beat, Sherry Vine whatever like that was the spot.
Speaker 3: And it's super sad.
Speaker 4: But but you know, Seattle is being like every cool piece of Seattle culture is.
Speaker 3: Being completely destroyed by Amazon.
Speaker 4: So every time you order from Amazon dot Com, remember that you're ruining my life.
Speaker 2: Well is it are they demolishing the building or is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's gone, because they're just like building up. I mean, so you know, basically Amazon came in and the population like quadrupled because all of these like young, you know, like twenty something tech people were like suddenly flooding the city. And because the city was flooded with people who just moved there, it's like instant erasure of the culture because there's no point of reference, right, Like everybody's like, oh, this is what Seattle's like, but they're all looking at each other. So basically everything cool about Seattle got like like within five years, all of the queer neighborhood Capitol Hill was pretty much turned into like a brunch spot and but like you know, like a brunch spot for like white ladies with strollers and and yeah, Rebar was one of the longest holdouts. It was actually sort of like that house and up where it's like there's skyscrapers being built around this little dumpy gay bar that was just like really still clinging and now it's gone because it's like in an area where they're building all this housing for all these tech people.
Speaker 2: I hope that there is scary leather daddies that are ghosts that are pissed about it, that are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hope they're hunting those people. I hope that that like creepy woman face is turning on and off like an old timey television in some twenty something tech bros.
Speaker 3: Palatial condo.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's do another thing here. You want to hear some ghost voices?
Speaker 3: Do I ever? I mean, actually kind of no, not at all, but I'm ready, I'm willing. It's that for EVP.
Speaker 2: Or ev please. So I've got two of them here, and I want you to tell me what you hear, and then I'll give you some options of what this particular ghost hunter believes they've captured. So this first one comes from EVP Class ABC on YouTube, and it is at the Pioneer Square Best Western in Seattle, which is a turn of the century boutique hotel said to be haunted.
Speaker 3: Pioneer Square is super haunted.
Speaker 2: So what is this saying?
Speaker 3: Give me that again?
Speaker 4: That's just that's that's like cans behind a car after a wedding.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, let me do it. Again. It's like that.
Speaker 3: I don't I mean, I do not hear work.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now I'll give you some options and then maybe you'll be able to hear it. Now, Okay, so here's the first one. Is it a What's up?
Speaker 3: Bait?
Speaker 2: Is it b butterfly kisses? Is it C Where's my wife? Or D burger queen? Okay, now that you've heard those, what do you hear now?
Speaker 3: Still I'm gonna go with booger queen Burger queen?
Speaker 2: Uh? They believe it says butterfly kisses. Let me pay, Yeah, let me play again.
Speaker 3: I don't hear the kisses because I hear three syllables.
Speaker 2: I know it gets. I think it turns. I think it goes from being full voice to to whisper. Is what we're I don't like.
Speaker 3: Is there? Did they like slow this down? Or like?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 4: Why would anybody even interpret that as a voice? It sounds like pennies in a can?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Okay, here's one more. This is from Washington State Paranormal Society, which their acronym is actually wops, which I mean a ghost can have a wop too. This is at the Walker Ames House, which is in Port Gamble, Washington, and it's apparently a very spooky house that it's been around since eighteen eighty nine, and people, you know, typical ghost stuff. They report like suspicious sounds, spooky feelings, physical touching, odds, smells, apparitions. There's apparently ghosts that little children, ghosts in the attic and people leave them toys. So here is an EVP. What is it saying? Okay, so this one's more of like a whisper, and then you can hear a human say something for a second at the end, I.
Speaker 3: Think they're like a humans responding like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just the way I cut it up, it's the whisper kind of goes into the humans. So that's why I kept the human there, just so we can hear the full whisper. It's saying a couple of different words. But here we go. I did again. It's like.
Speaker 3: One more time, one more time. Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Well the beginning sounds like gasp, right, I feel like they're saying the word gasp. Like I don't know if anybody remembers season six of drag Race, but but.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what's wrong with me? Oh my god?
Speaker 4: Every fan is gonna murder me if I don't remember Joslyn Fox. Oh my god, I can't believe a god name anyway. Joslyn Fox, like in a challenge, is supposed to gasp, but instead she reads the word gasp off the script.
Speaker 2: So that's all I'm hearing. Okay, Well, let me give you some options here. Is it A no one's doing the dishes? Is it B this toy sucks? Is it C that's not fair? Or D gasp? Want want all right me?
Speaker 3: Well, okay one more time. Oh my god, this is the hardest game I've ever played in my life.
Speaker 2: Well, these ones are a little bit hard. I'm not gonna lie. I was trying to find some good Washington ones and this is where we ended up.
Speaker 3: Whatever, it's clearly gas.
Speaker 2: They believe it's no one's doing the dishes. No one's doing the dishes.
Speaker 3: I mean, I am just like not hearing that.
Speaker 2: I know. It's also easier like with headphones, and we're doing this over zooms. I've given them the benefit of the don't I'm just gonna rattle.
Speaker 3: So what were their circumstances? Was anyone doing the dishes?
Speaker 2: Apparently not? I don't know.
Speaker 3: This was in that I just feel like that's like we need contextual information.
Speaker 2: Well they did. I didn't include this part because I'm always like, let's just hear the voice and see how clear it is. But they said it was in the kitchen of the house, so maybe that makes a little bit more sense. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I guess that lends credibility.
Speaker 2: Okay, well you know what, Ben, this has been wonderful and you're one of these people where I reached out to you and you're like, I don't really have any ghost stories, girl, this is this is a great episode.
Speaker 4: Well then I like thought about it and I was like, oh, yeah, I guess I got some stuff. And then it was like, well what I have to say? Well, maybe take like ten minutes. I don't know how we're gonna fill the rest of the time. But now I'm like, I feel like we're gonna We're gonna have to do sequels.
Speaker 2: Please. I would love to keep your eyes and ears open if anything else happens, and come on back and we'll talk about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna do Rachel's connection to spirit and see where it leads Meow.
Speaker 2: Well, can you tell everybody you know where to find you? And all that stuff yays.
Speaker 4: You can find me on old social media, well not really because I don't use TikTok because I'm not from five hundred years from now. But you can find me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook at Bendo La Creme all one word. And you know, the next big thing I have going on is that I'm working on production for Jinks and my holiday tour, which is November and December throughout the UK, US and Canada. So go to Jinksondala dot com if you want to find me, I probably will, like maybe we'll tell a Christmas ghost story, maybe we'll do some Christmas carols.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean that's one of my favorite parts of Christmas.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely.
Speaker 2: And we had Jinks on around Christmas time last year and I was just like raving about your special and then you guys making a cameo and what was the holiday movie?
Speaker 3: Was it called Happy at Seasons?
Speaker 2: You guys are the Christmas Queens. Now I love.
Speaker 4: It, I know, yeah, I'm really I'm so excited to get back on the road with that because it really is like one of my favorite projects and I just look forward to it all year. So, you know, knock on wood, everything's gonna be in good shape by November.
Speaker 2: Yay, Thank you so much to Benda la Creme. If you want to hear a little bit more, go to patreon dot com slash roles dressful Ess. On my second tier you can hear. You can hear us analyzing a Bigfoot video and talking about unexplained phenomena such as UFO's time travel, haunted dolls, that kind of stuff. Please rate the show five stars on Apple Podcasts, and if you have a ghost story, you could leave it in a five star review. I also would love to hear your ghost stories to be on future Listener episodes, so please email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com subject line listener episode. Give me a couple bullet points about the story is that you have and maybe we could work something out. I also have a Facebook group called Ghosted by Roz dres Fales, great place to leave a story to connect with other people that like this weird, funky shit. I'm on Instagram at Roz Hernandez Cameo Roz dress Fales. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Came back star a podcast network,