Speaker 1: Course Love Supreme is a production of iHeartRadio. This classic episode was produced by the team at Pandora.
Speaker 2: What up, y'all?
Speaker 3: It's like yeah and this QLs classic episode we like to call a very Gina Rodriguez Christmas Yes, actress and Malogina and Rodriguez stops by to enjoy libation, celebrate the holidays, and get all up in our business as she congratulates Sponte on his nuptials, finds out how Team Supream knows each other, and even talked about her projects as well.
Speaker 2: Oh, we had a good old time.
Speaker 3: This episode originally aired December twentieth, twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: Enjoy Yeah, you'll you'll be spending versus?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: I are we ready versus? I'm so ready.
Speaker 2: I want to throw this.
Speaker 4: I'm always prepared, prepared.
Speaker 5: Supreme my roll call, Suprema.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, wait, hang on, hang on, hang on everyone. I want you to take a swing first, Okay, swing swing. We are taking a swing.
Speaker 6: It doesn't drink exactly what.
Speaker 4: Yes, we are taking a swing. Ready, he doesn't have a couple of Let's do it. Here we go.
Speaker 5: Supremo, Supremo, roll call, Supremo Sun Supremo roll.
Speaker 7: Sun Supremo roll call, Suprema.
Speaker 4: So Supremo roll now the beginning of the episode. Yeah, I'm like, damn Gina. End of this episode, I'm like, damn Jesus Supremo.
Speaker 5: Roll call, Suprema Supremo.
Speaker 4: Roll call.
Speaker 8: My name is Fante. Yeah, bit in these heaters. Yeah, y'all know it's Christmas. Yeah, shout out to Jesus Supremo.
Speaker 5: Son, Son Supremo. Roll call, Suprema Son, Son Supremo.
Speaker 4: Ro call. My name is Sugar.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Happy Holidays yeah and I'm happy yeah because pays.
Speaker 4: Supremo.
Speaker 7: Roll call Suprema Son Son Supremo roll.
Speaker 6: Call Drado Drado. Yeah, I made you out of clay. Yeah, fuck you, Honkah. Yeah, Christmas every.
Speaker 7: Day, Supremo Row Suprema Son Supremo.
Speaker 4: Roll bospiels wantless. Yeah, it is the season. Yeah, Donald Trump, Yeah, goes down for treason, So.
Speaker 5: Supremo ro car Supremo Son Supremo Rome.
Speaker 2: Yeah Yeah, happy qualmsam, Yeah, that's money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Son Supremo, roll call, Suprema Son Son Supremo.
Speaker 4: Roll call yo.
Speaker 11: Yeah at least yeah, I'm real excited here with y'all.
Speaker 5: Suprema Son Son Supremo, roll call Suprima son Son Supremo. Roll call Suprema Son Son Supremo, roll call Supremo.
Speaker 2: Sup On the air condition is already a little warm.
Speaker 1: I had the problem with that is like nobody's heard the first thing. Ladies and gentlemen, Yeah, started we made it an entire year. Remember when we used to think the end of the second year.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I'm dry. There is still another year.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is another year, and we're always surprised that we're still around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, still around. Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to a special Shaka Khan.
Speaker 1: Holiday episode, because there's last year we had the debate over Christmas versus Hanakah versus Kwanza versus. I mean, it's just I'm just saying it's Shaka Khan. Yeah, it's Shaka Khan. So welcome to another Shaka Khan. Addition to the holiday episode, shout out to Uh Hope, Shout out at Hope for the duce, and shout out to I'm sorry, brother Love.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Brother Love for the siak.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know how I feel about that because shout out to Springles. I mean, it's not like you used the brother part of your name in like twenty years.
Speaker 1: So you know, I'm just saying that most most black men that have attended Ivy League school, they called me brother. Look like seriously, that's that's what That's what Dison calls me. And I'm like, you know, it's too much like Buddy love Well and that was like, a well, he's a barber.
Speaker 4: Back in my you had you had a real barber, n't Buddy love like nutty professor Buddy.
Speaker 1: Lovedy loves That's very importunt well true. True to the Quest Love Supreme Forum, we always leave our guests hanging in there.
Speaker 4: We almost forgot she was here.
Speaker 2: No, y'all did forget.
Speaker 1: Real quiet, So yeah, we this is actually this is not necessarily the Gena Rodriguez episode of West Love Supreme.
Speaker 4: But she's joining us for the Shaka Khan episode. So can because rock Yes.
Speaker 2: Show up talking about give me the Brown, talking about clear the brown.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's the walk of a real woman. So how I hate to say this, how how is everyone's year?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: Do we think this? Sorry?
Speaker 5: Dark?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Mine started out dark?
Speaker 2: So yeah, but let's be real.
Speaker 12: We live in a bubble. Let's not get it twisted.
Speaker 2: Talk about a genie.
Speaker 11: I mean I do, I do believe that one hundred percent here in New York as well as in LA and in the industry we're in and all the blessed lives we all have.
Speaker 12: We live in a bubble. We're the lucky ones, were the other lucky ones.
Speaker 11: And to say that we are affected is definitely the truth because I think emotionally, I was definitely affected this year.
Speaker 4: But do you ever have psiatic?
Speaker 11: My heart stylist has been complaining about it for the past two days. I feel like I feel it too. Sympathy pains we all feel.
Speaker 1: I mean, we all got family, we all got you know, Yeah, we are people that are affected.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, I'm sorry. I hate to turn this around on the weird note.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I I do have your Wikipedia page up, and you know, like how I'm realizing that you're not the only Gina Rodriguez Entertainment.
Speaker 2: How dare you do it?
Speaker 5: Do it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Have you seen your Wikipedia page?
Speaker 12: So about five?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 12: Wait wait wait no I haven't.
Speaker 2: What does it say?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, there's you and then there's there happens to be a pornographic actress named as well.
Speaker 4: Wow, and you you two are sharing some of Google quick? No, you know, yes, I didn't.
Speaker 11: So a few years ago I was dating somebody and I hadn't done ship right like, so I hadn't done anything like Jane.
Speaker 12: That was putting me on the map where people were googling my name.
Speaker 4: Mom.
Speaker 12: It was Asian.
Speaker 11: He was Chinese and his mother we'll talk about that after that. Yeah, girl, he Chinese, and he his mother googled me and he called. She called him and she said, what happened. She's in Ohio, he was in La She was what happened? How could you be dating this woman? She's twenty years your senior. They googled me and it was the other woman.
Speaker 4: Oh man, that's what she was concerned about, that aggressive mod. She was born in nineteen sixty seven.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, she was much older than I.
Speaker 4: Wow. So that literally bit you in the ass?
Speaker 2: Yeah I did.
Speaker 10: Literally literally would actually be an ass bite happening right, nobody.
Speaker 4: So you guys are just going to be start off the gate. I can't see over all the fringles.
Speaker 1: It's like a mountain of pringles here. Look, I have to say, I'm just saying that last year we were d on the drinks, and you know, there was nothing to light on the snacks, light on the so.
Speaker 4: We were called that. We were like on the floor by the twentieth minute.
Speaker 2: Can we just tell the.
Speaker 4: People what you brought?
Speaker 2: Can we just what did he bring? He brought the strawberry, I mean.
Speaker 4: Brought some snacks. He did I could have just did nothing. He brought us the light skin oreoles.
Speaker 12: Actually never had the lights.
Speaker 4: Now they're good, the lot of oreoles.
Speaker 3: But he also bought like peppers farmed like strawberries. No milan, no chess man, just all strawberry.
Speaker 4: Dude, the strawberry peppers farm. Just try one.
Speaker 1: The strawberry They get sticky, like it was. It was sticky to the top of the te got that little jeous jail.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it just was.
Speaker 2: I was not.
Speaker 4: I was not. You'd appreciate the strawberry walls of that. It just wasn't.
Speaker 8: It was too much. It was too much going on at one time. I like this a simple It's very similar.
Speaker 12: So that's why you know, take care of you take care of your teeth.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, you know, you know it makes flossing a little bit more involved than I like.
Speaker 1: So so yeah, I try to stay away from the sticky substances, off the teeth.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, That marriages make you enunciate all your words. No, I think it was may I have to say that you're you're now married a month and some change into your into my nuptials. Yes, this is me.
Speaker 1: I never thought this day would come, this man who for two years has been giving me advice about my whole phase being single and whatever the fuck else, and now you're a fucking marriage.
Speaker 8: I'm off the friend. No, man, I'm still here. I just have to lead brothers to the light.
Speaker 4: That's right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So it's like you have to go through after divorce, you have to go through your whole phase. You gotta go through your phase. You gotta go through that, but you can find your way back to the light. Fellas, and I found it.
Speaker 4: What like.
Speaker 8: The like well, I mean just well I would say this like for me, sounds scary. Shot shot my wife, she's amazing, shouting my wife idea. Yeah it's been yeah, but it's like a month and yeah, man, we had a great time. We had a great wedding, We had the DJ, we was at this medical restaurant. DJ was my homie Flash or DJ Flash.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we had.
Speaker 8: Un West Love's book. Yeah, we had at this Lebanese restaurant. They gave us lamb chops and salmon and like this white like cheese. It was amazing. Gave it to you well, I mean we paid for but that was on the men. They had the chicken, They had the salmon. It was like some nice like it was like a jasmine rice with like some saffron in it. It was amazing. And so then you know, we had the cake, the cake. We actually had the cake.
Speaker 4: It was lemon cake.
Speaker 8: It was lemon cake with a lemon frost and it was like a nice like a wh and man, it was really good.
Speaker 4: And we had a we had a we had a caricature artist that was like the.
Speaker 1: Wellc what a caricature artist one more time?
Speaker 4: One more time? A caricature.
Speaker 2: I just I know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: No you're not, that's w.
Speaker 13: A caricature is character caricature, Okay, so what I put the emphasis on the wrong? Salable A caricatures caricature.
Speaker 4: Mother, I'm looking at I said it wrong. A caricature that was both ways you were so confident caricature. Do you know what I mean? He was so confident.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 8: You had a caricature artist and he drew pictures of all our family and stuff, and he drew one of me and my wife and uh and I'm proud to say you be happy this like we like most of our vendors, like pretty much all that vendors, with exception of the cake that came hopefuls, All of our vendors were young black like entrepreneurs, like our corrict artist was black, DJ was black and get her hair.
Speaker 4: They were all up incoming black people on the place on my photography shot and my photography. Christ come on, you ain't no black Mediterranean.
Speaker 1: It's like welcome to the Mediterranean times. That's the wrong coming, Heathyn.
Speaker 4: That didn't that didn't work. So not no man.
Speaker 8: We had a beautiful time, like it was one of the happiest days of my life. I mean that in all sincerity.
Speaker 4: Uh. We wrote our own vowels. I wrote mind in the uber on the way to the Yo. Yeah, I mean I started them in the hotel before and then I was just like YO.
Speaker 2: And I was in the the uber, me and my son and I swell the pressure.
Speaker 12: I dig that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, just one person here tags that I'm just wait for music.
Speaker 1: Nerds just know that Quincy Jones had to keep her mind and Rod Temperton to write Vincent Parks rap at the end of Thriller, and he kept he kept vic Price price not a caricature, not parts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I said Vincent Price. He said Vincent Parks, Vicent parts. I do say whatever. I'm just saying that.
Speaker 1: Rod Timberton wrote that entire verse in the back of the cab on the way to the studio, after lie lying to Quincy that that he had have it ready, and then he just so.
Speaker 4: Exactly the same as this. It was very much.
Speaker 8: I did it, and it was it was a great cry when you did the valves. Nah, she didn't cry. I was close to crying, almost, Like, didn't you.
Speaker 2: Re recite them?
Speaker 4: Are you doing? Yeah? Did I drink it? Did I drink it? Drink it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So you put out yourself on the altar? Yeah, hold on baby, hold on all Yeah, if I.
Speaker 12: Can cry.
Speaker 1: Not in freestyle about this is this phone? Oh yeah I did what she did? Okay, so, oh yeah, I forgot the new selections.
Speaker 8: Okay, so mute selections, shower, young girl shouting, my home girls shining, and tucker. She put together string quartet for me, and so we had a spring quartet. And so coming down the oil first it was our mother's so they walked down the aisle to a song for Mama by boys and Men, and then and the pastor walked down the aisle. My song was all True Man by Alexander Nid.
Speaker 4: Yeah I'm saying that strong, but god damn, that's what it is going.
Speaker 8: So then so then her song, the bride song was I Can't Help It by Michael Jackson and my man my homie, uh shout my man Nicholas Ryan Gant. He sung that for me like good times. It was like good got married and the song was yeah, that's a totally different song, but okay, we'll go with that.
Speaker 4: Anyway. So yeah, so yeah, that was that. That was our songs.
Speaker 8: And our first dance was it was Candy by Big Maybell, exactly classic wet. We were gonna do, we were gonna do what's the record Moving down the Line by Raphael and.
Speaker 1: We were gonna swing to it, but her dress was like she couldn't do the turns and like all that stuff that we like to do. So we decided just slow, slow, dragged with candy and a little bit.
Speaker 4: We just said that brought you by.
Speaker 8: They didn't pay ship for this, all right, this is what it was. Okay, all right, let me get this ship right. All right, ourdea. In the symphony of my life, you're God's greatest instrument. I remember asking you once, do you know how amazing you are?
Speaker 4: And you told me no.
Speaker 8: I thought it was a shame that someone who brought so much joy and happiness to the lives of others could remain oblivious to their superpowers, and from that day on, I told myself that I would fix it. Ourdea, I want to thank you for teaching me the true meaning of courage, for there's nothing more courageous than to love wholeheartedly. I want to thank you for reminding me that everyone is worthy of love, grace, and mercy. I'm here's laughing right now. Growing closer to you has brought me closer to God. I give you my life, my heart, and all that is good and radiant within my soul. And from this moment, whenever anyone asked you, do you know how amazing you are I hope your answer is allowed and resounding yes.
Speaker 4: I love you and I'm yours.
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 4: Wait are you about to marry Fante right now? I'm big mean nigga getting my Peter guns. Let me just say, is that one of the day that I decided to do that? You got ghost write my join for me? I got you, man, I got you. I mean Puffy had a ghost writer for as big as I can't his best friend. It was his best friend. I'm I'll be missing you money please, all right. It was a great day.
Speaker 1: That's great, so Steve, Yeah, changes have been going on in your life as well?
Speaker 4: Yeah? You you moved? Yeah, yeah, how's that been going.
Speaker 10: I'm just I'm a little for clemped right now from his bo I almost cried during that, but I think that's because we're out of weed.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like five minutes ago, having real quick.
Speaker 4: I was just making a joke playing and it's plenty of weed.
Speaker 1: We talked about Christmas yet anyway, right, Yeah, it was moving, moves moves over.
Speaker 4: Everything's great.
Speaker 1: You're in your new spot, in my new spot, feeling great ironically in your old spot though, yes, I moved back.
Speaker 4: He's back in the apartment that Heather him and heatherun Wow, wait, what sort of a fluke?
Speaker 10: I had to move quickly, so I just went I didn't feel like looking for like at a thousand buildings, so I just went to this place I used to live in twenty five years ago, and uh, you just got a spot there for like a.
Speaker 4: Year and a half. Yeah, she was. She used to live there when I lived there twenty five years ago. You were You weren't that bad episode you didn't listen to.
Speaker 1: Because I think some times when you miss an episode, you don't listen to it. Don't because I'm pissed and jealous that I've missed it, particularly Heather.
Speaker 4: I really pissed about that.
Speaker 6: It's so many poor questions anyway, So what are.
Speaker 4: What are our Christmas plans? I guess we should love Christmas? Christmas? Yeah, Christmas? Are you still doing honikah? I'm sorry you're still doing looking at like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, che yeah you can do that for free? Do what for kwan?
Speaker 5: Again?
Speaker 2: Just because I was thinking about that.
Speaker 3: When Steve said he was excited about honuakah because he about to get paid, I'm like, Oh, that don't happen.
Speaker 6: In kuansa Honica's bullshit. Let me tell you thirty four years of Honukkah. You get the good present on the first night and then it socks and bullshit for seven days.
Speaker 4: It sucks.
Speaker 2: What's the good present? Who just spit wrong?
Speaker 4: Like Nintendo?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: But then like but then like you're super jewey chye parents? Can you like Nintendo on day one? And then like duckh on on day two? Control controllers on game four and the guns for duck Hunt fuck you on game five, and then they see it after right, and so by the time, like the a the you're like, oh great, all right, Mike Tyson's punch out.
Speaker 4: It is not all Jewish parents are cheap. Sorry, what do you.
Speaker 2: Get, Steve? I'm fascinated.
Speaker 4: Chex be real?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how many figures on that joint?
Speaker 4: Like the checks are real that I technically don't have to have Steve on payroll. But that's not that good.
Speaker 1: It's good only one day of the year. You know, it's not his eight you know what I mean? So, Gina, uh, do you have any what is what was your best Christmas memory?
Speaker 4: Or Honankah?
Speaker 11: Because we celebrate them both, because jew we should all celebrate who we did not know this.
Speaker 4: Okay, is it your which one of your parents is.
Speaker 12: Which my mother's side is Jewish, my great grandfather was.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Because if your mom is Jewish, she's Jewish, she's a real jew. But if you dad is Jewish and you're not Jewish unless he's.
Speaker 12: Rich, that's I just learned that.
Speaker 2: So if you're saying it your mom is Jewish and Jewish, but if your dad is Jewish.
Speaker 10: Not Jewish, well you know what I mean, You're still but not. It's like, you know, it's not a relative good I guess because.
Speaker 4: There's a birth thing, you know, amount of a Jewish Jewish vagina shout out to Jewish? Wait first, shout out to Jewish. I think it is probably Wait and since you say that, Steve, we might as well play your theme. What just for a year?
Speaker 2: You don't that why you made that?
Speaker 12: You met that separately from today.
Speaker 4: Think we talked about how great it was going to be. Reason we have used it. Discovered it accidentally to me.
Speaker 2: Because of the Jewish China.
Speaker 11: So I but grew up heavily Puerto Rican, so Sata said, dancing and pork and like a big old pig, they twisted up in a backyard and like a ditch ship.
Speaker 4: Where were you born?
Speaker 12: Chicago?
Speaker 4: Oh damn?
Speaker 6: Right next to.
Speaker 11: Right next to Puerto Rico. It's called home a park and it literally is like many Puerto Rico. But my parents are from Puerto Rico and we spend half of our life there in Puerto Rico as well.
Speaker 2: Puerto Rico is and some ship right now, guys, it ain't no knowe we all ship cheery ship.
Speaker 12: Yeah, they're winning, like Hispanic Federation dot org.
Speaker 11: Everybody go and donate like ten cents to a dollar, to ten dollars to whatever you got, because it's some some ship the Virgin Islands as well.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm gonna to donate my whole check to Puerto Rico this year. How much?
Speaker 2: How much is that? Because I'm exactly how much is that? I want to know right now?
Speaker 4: You'll notify the Hispanic Federation right now?
Speaker 2: Serious, very serious?
Speaker 4: How much is that check? How much does that checks? I can't reveal such things.
Speaker 2: They will get the check. They will get the check right the whole.
Speaker 12: My parents are from bones and.
Speaker 11: Yeah, my father's childhood home was destroyed, very sad, and my parents home, we don't know what's going on with them?
Speaker 12: So we haven't been back yet.
Speaker 2: It's really bad.
Speaker 4: So your parents are state side.
Speaker 12: They're here now right now.
Speaker 11: They are because of the hurricane. My grandmother's with us as well, because she had to leave on Juan. We got her out before.
Speaker 4: So they were living in Puerto Rico.
Speaker 11: Do parents live like both La and Puerto Rico? They fly in between because all their grandkids are in La.
Speaker 2: You think folks gonna re elect that governor?
Speaker 7: Yo?
Speaker 2: The whole island needs revamping.
Speaker 11: I mean, I love the mayor of saying wat, she's good, She's amazing, amazing the truth.
Speaker 12: She is no shame that woman, and I love it.
Speaker 2: She needs to become the governor.
Speaker 4: So I have a question.
Speaker 10: So what's the number one thing that needs to happen in Puerto Rico too? I guess not only rebuild, but but to you know, make sure this kind of damage doesn't happen again. I mean, you could just say infrastructure, but what specifically I would I I.
Speaker 12: Don't know, but I'm going to say that the debt needs to be pardoned.
Speaker 2: I think that the way to rebuild that.
Speaker 11: I mean, listen, I am not the truth. I am not I am not the end all be all. I am not standing here thinking that I know the answer. But I think that that would be what.
Speaker 4: About like statehood? The statehood get them more?
Speaker 12: You know right now Puerto Ricans have no rights.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't even know what being a territory difference.
Speaker 11: Just think about that that statement right there. I don't know what being a territory is. Who wants to be a territory of anything?
Speaker 4: Totally be a state? I don't know.
Speaker 12: I mean a lot of people they won't be.
Speaker 10: A state because you know, we know we're politically but why don't we want them to be a state, or why.
Speaker 4: They would lean more blue than everything? Usually? The territories thing with d C, well.
Speaker 2: Most of the territories are brown, write anything exactly.
Speaker 4: So that would sort of create a balance, while what are the other territories? Guam, is that a territory?
Speaker 2: Virgin Islands, Virgin Islands?
Speaker 4: Philippines are not right? Quiz?
Speaker 9: I mean I.
Speaker 2: Was like, now's three times? I times?
Speaker 1: Apparently is the new thing I'm making up. You're making up for a loss anyway, So what were your Christmas Hanukah memory?
Speaker 4: What was your mess? Were you?
Speaker 2: My best memory?
Speaker 1: I love when my show producer just makes fun of me on the shew good in best memory.
Speaker 2: It sounds worse. You're drinking. It's okay.
Speaker 11: I don't actually know if I have one. I feel like I can't remember too much before like the age of thirteen. Yeah, I'm gonna be real, like I don't know how many memories I have prior to thirteen?
Speaker 4: What was it about thirteen that was so pivotal? Really, do you have one?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't have a continue. I dont have anything. We're too broke for that.
Speaker 4: I throw you one.
Speaker 2: I'm doing it. It's great time and you can still be a verse. So like you're doing to drink.
Speaker 1: Girl, Hell, she's been rehominated.
Speaker 4: That was a cricature you talking about.
Speaker 2: I don't want it, but it sounds interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you ever said I don't think we should drink on the show anymore. I think we should always drink.
Speaker 11: There's a lot of truth coming out dancing, dancing, growing up, dancing, dancing with my father and my mother and my family, dancing and joy and happiness and pre trump.
Speaker 8: Memories, what kind of what kind of stuff that was it? Like like find your all star stuff? Like who was your stuff you that we would.
Speaker 2: Listened to.
Speaker 11: Willie Colonne, Celia Cruz, you know when he's a social club Jerry rivera mark to me, Marc Anthony when he first started was just everything. I was a subsidiancer growing up. I danced professional subsidance for like ten years.
Speaker 2: After here.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, it's fun. Wait can you explain something to me? Okay? I hate to ask this cultural question and sound like a naive person. I know a lot of you are. That's me every time I do the show. So what are you about to ask? No?
Speaker 13: No no?
Speaker 4: As a DJ?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how'd you know? Is just the ultimate?
Speaker 4: It's like, oh, she's for it, never mind, forget it.
Speaker 1: Anytime I troll my audience by playing swabamente because whenever I put it on social social media, everyone, pretty much everyone brown just clowns me about playing that song.
Speaker 12: And so what's funny to me is that it feels like it was just a staple and my life.
Speaker 4: So I'm in is how old is it?
Speaker 11: Twenty five years old? Thirty years old?
Speaker 4: Okay, so early nineties late okay, Elvis.
Speaker 2: Crispo, Crispo, Wikipedia.
Speaker 1: Elvis pres I will but I just want to know how come everyone that I know just pretty much looks down on that song.
Speaker 2: I don't I here, what what ethnicity are you? Gomez? Where is it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, For every one million followers, I changed my last name on Twitter. Okay, I'm African American.
Speaker 2: He Blake, Billy Blake, right.
Speaker 4: But everyone asked why that She's.
Speaker 2: Going wait because I was.
Speaker 11: Wait every every one million followers years, I thought you were Latino.
Speaker 2: Get out Puerto Rican?
Speaker 4: Do you know that? There?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 2: But you because.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I just I just look at you all the time, and I don't I don't see.
Speaker 12: The but Puerto Rican is African Spaniard and you know Indian.
Speaker 11: That's like I'm educated, but no, meaning like my father is looks like you, my sister looks like you, my other sister like Emily. Mother sister looks like Emily. Keep on my Locasian.
Speaker 4: About that.
Speaker 2: I say that, let me say suns racist.
Speaker 3: But ongos there, I'm just saying on TV, technically you don't see a lot of you don't.
Speaker 12: You're not You're right speaking one hundred percent correct?
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Know?
Speaker 12: Las Alonzo is like you know, right, And that's the darkest you're kid.
Speaker 4: I know he was dark.
Speaker 12: There's darker TV, but on TV. She's not wrong.
Speaker 11: He doesn't mean TV it does because then she felt like representation And everybody doesn't know Cuban.
Speaker 4: You know that television doesn't properly represent minorities. Is Cuban?
Speaker 2: Middle America? Don't America?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. People think that Brazilians look like justsell Bonskin. I've been to Brazil. I know they look like me. You y yeah, yeah yeah yeah, everybody doesn't Cuban. Yes, yes, you is. You know like I wanted to Mexican about.
Speaker 4: Front Yeah, he's Cuban. Cuban seriously, yeah, big worms confirmation speaks. I don't know if he speaks Spanish. I did not know it. How did you know?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: What would we do without you? Man? Just controlling Wikipedia.
Speaker 2: I knew the lads Alonzo because he played that role in Miracle and Saint Anna. That was like, bam everything he's ever please?
Speaker 4: Is everything?
Speaker 2: Hello? Well yeah, when he's acting.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's it. Say we can talk about.
Speaker 4: What else.
Speaker 3: People are different when they're not working. That's what I'm saying. Like in his acting life, he is, yes, everything.
Speaker 4: What other life. Yeah, what is it? Another life we missed.
Speaker 3: And really like walking around He's like, oh, hey, last you know some people like that, you know, they look they're cooler in their roles than they are.
Speaker 11: We were talking about that today. Yeah, we were talking about people investigat and then you meet them, people not being as dope as the characters. And then you meet them and you're like, damn, I fucking love you on television or on film. And then I meet you and I'm like, oh, you're not as dope as.
Speaker 4: Was an asshole. But you know, I'm sorry I was misleading you.
Speaker 1: So when you when we first met at the Grammys and you like extra excited to see me, you thought that my people, there's.
Speaker 2: Still my people. But I literally thought I got to like be a part of this.
Speaker 1: Is that I don't have a last name for my moniker, and I had to provide the last name, and so I figured every one million followers on Twitter, I would change my last name.
Speaker 2: So it's going to be almost at the next where is it going?
Speaker 4: No, I'm stuck at seven hundred Twitter.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was Goldberg for the first million. Oh, and then I was jinking the second million. And now I'm stuck at Gomez.
Speaker 2: Next Mi I was, I was going to fucking freaking out.
Speaker 4: Post post.
Speaker 2: I'm just here for a witness. There's a settlement, you know.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, yeah, you can get You could sue him for I don't perto.
Speaker 1: Rico said that you were you were a salsa dance in the beginning, like you meant as you were trying to professionally pursue it.
Speaker 3: I was a.
Speaker 12: Professional sausa dancer.
Speaker 11: I performed all over the world sa dancing really from age seven to seventeen with two different salsa companies, and we would go and open for performances or we'd open congresses and it was super dope. It gave me all the confidence I needed because at a young age, when you look like a little tie boy, you want to be.
Speaker 9: Y'all.
Speaker 12: This is a podcast, so I can't pull up a picture.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wanted proof it's real.
Speaker 2: I want to watch you walk down.
Speaker 3: You want to see what wus you walk because I'm like, if you even saw the dance, your walk.
Speaker 4: Is like you like a tiboy.
Speaker 2: I'm doing later the boys.
Speaker 12: I don't want you to be I will because I want time. Yeah, no, uh it changed my life.
Speaker 4: It was great.
Speaker 2: It was fantastic.
Speaker 4: So how did acting into the picture?
Speaker 11: Because I realized while I was on stage I wanted to do more. Dancing wasn't enough. I wanted everybody to fucking go away, and I wanted the spotlight to hit and I wanted to talk.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, And so then I went to school for it.
Speaker 4: I went to n YU for acting, really acting school. So dope, I'm sorry I lost my train of thought because that's what happens when you drink. Shut up Bill, all right, everyone Bill wants to Boss. Bill wants everyone to know that he's not drinking tonight. I am drinking. He's the designated driver. Okay, you're not the designated driver. I see. All right, So you don't have any particular fine Christmas memories?
Speaker 10: Uh you went all the way back there. I was still Your father looks like like, yeah, like five minutes ago. Can we get into that.
Speaker 4: He does?
Speaker 2: And he has blue eyes?
Speaker 4: Wow? Wow like that? Yeah he was he sounds her complaintly has blue eyes. He was getting all the hos.
Speaker 2: That's why my dad got mad babies. Yeah yeah, all over the world.
Speaker 4: And talking about like as well. Okay, let's see going on. I designated bar.
Speaker 6: Tonight, whole podcasts happening anybody else, okay, anybody need pringles.
Speaker 4: I don't want to let everyone.
Speaker 1: To know that our that our resident boss still with us. Bill has told us now to make much noise with the snacks and the drinks. But we can't help that right now.
Speaker 2: And of course you're the boss, are you the boss?
Speaker 4: He's Dave Seville.
Speaker 12: I don't think there was anybody else outside of Alvin and the chipmunks.
Speaker 4: Alvin was a huge he was a human. Yeah, yeah, he was the yeller.
Speaker 12: Bill, are you a yeller?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 12: I'm just just angry, just the quiet, passive aggressive angry.
Speaker 4: I sent angry to text messages and emails and you are they angry?
Speaker 2: Are they passive aggressive angry?
Speaker 12: But a face to face you just smile like that.
Speaker 4: It's breaking you down right now.
Speaker 12: But while have you ever fought before?
Speaker 4: Bill? Question? Like hand the handcomb?
Speaker 1: I came close once in middle school, but the kid pushed me and I just turned around on that.
Speaker 4: Was the answer, and and I've been holding on it that repressed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was going to say that I've affed at him and he walked away. I feel like a lot of shorter people fight.
Speaker 2: More because we have the complex.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no one ever, No one ever messed with me because they resumed. Yeah, they just assumed.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, you don't.
Speaker 3: I would like disagree with that. I've been in many fat fights, and I was always big for my age.
Speaker 4: Yes, really tell me about this fight, like you.
Speaker 3: Always hear a couple of times in elementary school, stopid you were jumped?
Speaker 2: Yeah, why do you see this game?
Speaker 4: What would you ever want to jump?
Speaker 6: Bad rhymes?
Speaker 4: No, you talk a lot. I talked about I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Remember gonna past.
Speaker 3: I kind of fight once because this boy was like, you know, if you say one more thing to me, I'm going to smack to shadow you.
Speaker 4: And I wait, that's a real you were fighting boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he told me he was shorter than me though. So oh in the music room, all right, boss, he put his drink down, he said.
Speaker 4: Here we go. Tell us empty because you didn't talk about your Christmas any.
Speaker 1: Last year to Boggins, last year was not a good Christmas to talk about, Okay, but because you had a Christmas?
Speaker 4: Yeah, have had many good Christmases.
Speaker 6: Tell us about a Christmas Indiana.
Speaker 4: I mean the Christmas I got the attire seventy eight hundred. That was pretty awesome. Wow, you had the seventy eight hundred, only got the twenty six hundred that I had the fifty two hundred. What was the seventy seven eight hundred was better than the fifty fifty hundred? Sucked?
Speaker 1: What were the differences? One sucked one didn't anyway? All right, I remember the seventie hundred was like bigger, if I'm not mistaken. No, the fifty two hundred was like a bigger box and the cart loads were bigger. But the seventy eight hundred could play the original twenty six hundred cartries, couldn't play the fifteen hundred cartries because those were pretty much shitty anyway, but it could play the seventy eight hundred ones.
Speaker 4: And you're not even looking at me, so this, yeah, I'm ignoring you right now. But you probably had an a tary jaguar. What the hell is that?
Speaker 2: I was wondering? What wondering?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this was like christ very he was like negative five years old. What was a jaguar? That was the one they tried to come.
Speaker 2: Back, but to was the stick right back manuar. We had the guitar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Jaguars growing.
Speaker 8: Around Sega Genesis era because because then it was before after the links.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, yes one ant so we just got drowned down.
Speaker 2: Bubble Bubble, Yeah, I remember that. Remember that?
Speaker 4: What's bubble?
Speaker 2: Flip bubble bubble? Y'all?
Speaker 12: I flipped it mad times?
Speaker 4: Say that?
Speaker 3: What was it?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 2: What was the There was like a hundred levels, so.
Speaker 4: It was like the original Candy Crush. I remember that, I guess so, but could you flip it mad time? How many times? How many times?
Speaker 2: Mad times?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 12: And it made me feel really good about myself.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie. Do we very much at that? Were your super Mario head super Mario for sure? I want to.
Speaker 1: Speaking of speaking of Super Mario, super Mario, Nintendo Switch is the greatest, the greatest.
Speaker 4: Game in the world.
Speaker 12: Is this current in the eighties?
Speaker 4: Just came October?
Speaker 2: So many differences, like the world's like what is switch is?
Speaker 4: Like? Yeah, what is it? What is the game? You get? The Nintendo Switch? The Nintendo Switch is it?
Speaker 2: This is today?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 6: Like a giant iPad that you can hook them your TV that has these two controllers. You can play two players it's this big. No, it's on the radio. It's about the size of a laptop, and my children have one and it's fantastic.
Speaker 4: It is you can before Christmas you can hook it up.
Speaker 12: Game because we're talking about this, we're all getting one, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you get a switch, you get a switch.
Speaker 2: In your name right now.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, they pay for this my moment because we're about to all get us some Nintendo's.
Speaker 4: Hello American, you get us some switches.
Speaker 2: Can I get a switch?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 4: Saying that Nintendo switch is the system to get this. That's the one, that's the one.
Speaker 6: It's fun.
Speaker 4: And the Mario Brothers game is it's not well, it's just Mario's Super Mario Obyssey. Is that the only game for it? Right now? No?
Speaker 6: No, you gotta get old cart Hands, Mario Kart.
Speaker 12: These are all the old school games. Are they revamped?
Speaker 2: Are they?
Speaker 4: Yes? Yes? And they look good like the Mario the Mario game.
Speaker 1: It's it's what they call an open world thing where you can just go if you can see it, you can go there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. It's like life is not a linear.
Speaker 12: Too much, that's too much.
Speaker 4: We were like dreams may come the movie Dreams.
Speaker 12: May Come is one of my favorite films.
Speaker 11: Who just dropped my Dreams Come May Come? Robin Will Yeah, oh my god, it's so sad the most.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of my favorites.
Speaker 12: NFLA dies at the end, Yes, suicide, Heaven and Hell.
Speaker 4: I feel like what Dreams May Come?
Speaker 1: What Dreams May Come from I believe is like the Phil Collins of of movies, because what.
Speaker 4: Is the Phil Collins of movies?
Speaker 1: Because what is we hear black people acclaiming that Dreams May Come as a masterpiece, whereas uh, I often hear white.
Speaker 10: People be you know, yeah, dismissive about it, like yeah, I never saw I really wanted to love it, and I'm dismissing it.
Speaker 4: I didn't like it at all.
Speaker 2: It was one of my favorite.
Speaker 4: No I saw in the theaters and you went to see it in the theater? Was it a date?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I do remember.
Speaker 2: Not not a good day.
Speaker 4: Movie. Didn't seem real to me, Like when when she was in Hell or whatever, like he went like people ship when he went, That.
Speaker 2: Is the visual. That's what it is. People going like.
Speaker 11: Dance Hell is actually like yeah, our dance. Martha Graham, like Martha Graham that's knowledge.
Speaker 2: It sounds familiar.
Speaker 4: You have to be a dancer, choreographer.
Speaker 2: Why are you not playing me? I was I got breast. I wanted to be a dancer, so just so I was going to be Debbie Allen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you.
Speaker 2: Ba they get away, but you got the breast.
Speaker 4: Depends on what kind of dances.
Speaker 5: I mean.
Speaker 4: For a while. You did work at that strip club for a while. Yea, as a waitress. We just met, and I don't want as a waitress that you were a waitress.
Speaker 3: I would never judge you if you thought that I could work in the strip club. I wouldn't be mad, though, because breast are beautiful.
Speaker 4: Shopping drinks on the floor.
Speaker 2: It's the truth.
Speaker 4: I feel like we should play a James so the seed beautiful? Can we take control of this episode? Please know?
Speaker 12: How are we going to do that?
Speaker 4: I know we're just We're just seven friends talking to each other. I hope everybody listen.
Speaker 12: Can I can I ask a question? How do y'all know each other?
Speaker 2: What's going on? Bill doesn't? Bill doesn't like okay, so well you don't like this question? Okay, then how about y'all?
Speaker 4: Are y'all? That's a great question. All right, here's the situation.
Speaker 1: Tell me, now, I believe that Laia is who I've known the longest. She loves saying that you've known me since I was what twelve? Give me the age that you're going to make me feel.
Speaker 4: Like a creep.
Speaker 2: I'll just say we saw each other and I was twelve. We spoke to each other. I might have been fourteen fifteen.
Speaker 4: Okay, I was at least somewhere the same age. I hope it was.
Speaker 2: He's like a toddler's age older than me.
Speaker 4: Toddler. I like that. That was.
Speaker 2: That was definitely frown.
Speaker 1: Because Laya comes from Broadcast Royalty, So she comes from I'm sorry for chewing in the microphone. She comes from a lineage and her all of her family and close friends are in radio deep and radio and all that stuff. So thus that's how I know her from Philadelphia. We're from the same city.
Speaker 4: Now, as far as Sponte and Bill are concerned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So in short, yeah, because the long version in short, your aunt phone.
Speaker 4: I like to say that I invented social media.
Speaker 2: You did the entirety of it.
Speaker 1: I literally invented so all right, the thing was in nineteen ninety eight, when when there was when there was in nineteen ninety eight, when there was a super Information Highway or whatever. I was kind of miffed that a lot of I'm sorry my managers called me right, okay.
Speaker 2: All right, super tacky, which one put it on speaker.
Speaker 4: Sean, we're live on the air right now. We're jump rega getting a call to answering this in the air. Ye stop staring at the char so comfortable you went back, but that.
Speaker 1: One got I just want you to acknowledge that I always get my phone off on most of our episodes.
Speaker 4: That's the first time I can remember going off in a while. This is the first used to use it to call. I've never I've.
Speaker 2: You know, you know that you don't excuse me, sir. When's the last time you had a cocktail before this tonight?
Speaker 4: Probably last year? So that's why he blame it on the app.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that mean because he's not because he's not Latino exactly.
Speaker 4: Even though. But anyway, so.
Speaker 1: There there was the roots website okay player, okay player dot com you help me, because I forgot what it was.
Speaker 4: Content knows everything. It was called the dot com. It was no so I created okay player dot com.
Speaker 1: And the difference between that site and most websites, especially in nineteen ninety eight, was the fact that you could actually talk to me and I would interact with you. So once people got over the novelty of oh my god, Chris Love, is this really you? I love the roots and Dad and I sort of became one of the crew.
Speaker 4: Then we built.
Speaker 1: People don't say I built an ant farm, but it's really You said that, right, But I was just being joky. But you guys really took that ship to heart because it was true. I'm just saying that through this community ocreation and especially the first generation of people that joined the website, That's how I knew these two Fonte Uh probably pioneered the idea of creating records on the Internet or using a computer to make a clinic files back and forth. Yes, he made classic records just on his computer without the use of his studia.
Speaker 4: A mirror invented the internet. Fante invented music, and the rest of us.
Speaker 1: We're lucky participants in a very little known play called Hamilton, we produced Uh the soundcheck record. You also, did you write any of the songs or you just produced it with right. This nodding is not I don't know what.
Speaker 6: I don't write any of the songs. You differ in the heights, right, I orchestrated the heights.
Speaker 4: Okay, So yeah, he's a big deal. He's one. I mean, he's an egot minus a Jeter and I worked together. She was on the show.
Speaker 6: You were on Testme Street. If he is a hip hop if you don't remember that long time ago.
Speaker 4: He does everything scully to work.
Speaker 2: He does that when he works with the blacks.
Speaker 4: Cut off. When I worked with you said you you owe this bit.
Speaker 2: He knows I'm joking.
Speaker 4: He's not a real Trump. That was yes, you wow a.
Speaker 2: Bitch Last year holidays, Come on, y'all. Last year was where we had a Remember.
Speaker 4: Last last after the holiday show, did get a little bit blacked out?
Speaker 2: Can I black out?
Speaker 4: So sugar Steve revented Sugar?
Speaker 5: You did?
Speaker 2: Son of a bitch is killing all of us?
Speaker 1: Steve anyway, Steve has been has been our long time engineer, uh for like twenty hours years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's he's engineered many a classic record.
Speaker 11: So when you guys decided to do all of this, you clearly enjoy each other's company. No.
Speaker 1: When I got this show, I decided I didn't want to do any of the thinking for myself.
Speaker 4: So I was like, let me hire the five. I need someone that's the mouth, the knowledge, the stern.
Speaker 8: Discipline, yeah, the disciplinarian, the white guy, which is really funny, and.
Speaker 2: The joke Joe you said, the jew or the jokes.
Speaker 4: I didn't drink that much.
Speaker 2: To write could have fulfilled both that.
Speaker 4: But you should know this that I was the first interview. I was the pilot episode was usual, was our first interview.
Speaker 12: Because I mean, I get to stay.
Speaker 4: If you want. If you want to, you know, you can easily, you know, go.
Speaker 12: Fly back and forth from l A to here. Just yeah, yeah, yeah, what do you don't you know you don't have a latino? Now that you ain't latino mean closed my eyes?
Speaker 4: You know you guess you are?
Speaker 2: Act like she's not here and go, yes, how are we? How we fitted?
Speaker 1: I love I can handle Rosie's voice every week. I love Rosie. I love Rosie, I love her.
Speaker 2: I can work on this like this is nice. The husky yes you got no husk?
Speaker 4: You got you sound like it's like yes, perto rican Kathleen.
Speaker 2: Turner ju Love and Nile Kathleen Turner, she.
Speaker 4: Has she has the voice I call like the mulatto rasp. It's like like like the roses. That was the that was.
Speaker 11: That was the the Baby Blues with Dennis Quay. When they did the movie, nobody, nobody did nobody. Sorry I didn't later and I watched them.
Speaker 4: All until today turned today. Yeah, when did it?
Speaker 2: When you're somewhere in between New Kids on the Block. I don't know. That took them off my wall. It was like a whole by River you had by the new Kids.
Speaker 3: I had the head board side New Kids on the Block River Phoenix, Corey Haym, Corey Feltman, I wow, TV.
Speaker 2: My parents had to have a full intervention, like bitch, we were trying to brain I get it. I had kids on the block.
Speaker 12: Who was yours be a sleeping bag?
Speaker 2: Who's your favorite Joey girls?
Speaker 12: At that time, Oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the sugar.
Speaker 2: It wasn't about the team operas at that time. It wasn't about the Okay, no, no, I was.
Speaker 4: I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I just wasn't. I didn't know. We were revealing that if we do that, I.
Speaker 4: Can do that too.
Speaker 2: I can I can.
Speaker 8: So who was the okay so new Kids on the Block. They was the hot White boys at the time. When did You Get Off the Train? Was the step by Step album?
Speaker 4: Or was it the album you probably wait Wait Wait wait, step on Wait thats so fun?
Speaker 1: Nobody heard the face music except you and me? Was that the one where they can't album?
Speaker 4: K T O B. Yeah, that was the n k t V album right, never had hard Teddy probably joined. The second album was the fourth album, I Believe I Hang Out with You.
Speaker 12: So much.
Speaker 8: There was an album before Hanging Top. It was because was the one where they kind of that was that was the one where they blew up. There was an album before that did not blow your mind? It was Please Please Don't Go That first that was That's Hanging Tough. That's Hanging Tough.
Speaker 1: That was for that was they redid the Osmond's One Bad Apple and again did I blow your mind? This time on the first album that came out and seven why do I Know this? I'm sorry looks like and then the Christmas you should be ashamed of yourselves?
Speaker 4: All music star groups? You locking that that's real music though, that's that's you love New Kids on the Block. Is you love basicity rollers like those are all equal part.
Speaker 12: That's incredible, basic basity rolling.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I've never.
Speaker 4: He's the first group that's the first boy boy band basically like how old are you?
Speaker 2: What are you saying?
Speaker 1: I thought this ship and they were from like the city rollers like they pretty much?
Speaker 4: Uh they were.
Speaker 1: They were the first group that I'm about to say, don Imus. They were the first group that Clive Davis signed, the arist director.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I don't know if that's true. I looked that up. You lied to me, you lied to me. No, it's true.
Speaker 14: The first the first act like listen, listen, can I take a wild guess?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: So in this room, it's not just the seven of us, but also all genius peoples here and they're all texting right now.
Speaker 2: We got to that are.
Speaker 4: To read what this group happening right now? Well we need to.
Speaker 10: Get yeah, all right, Look, the basically rules were on Bell Records, and then he started Aristar and as to absorb Bell, so he didn't technically sign them his new label.
Speaker 4: He speaks of that, and I have I have the autobiography. Well he's lying to you, okay. So his book is likeveed, so Eric Carmon, that's his first act. I don't know, yeah, maybe ye, So Christmas Fante was up?
Speaker 1: Would you bless us with the h with a holiday story as only you can?
Speaker 4: Man? I think probably my favorite Christmas memory It would have to be.
Speaker 8: Because it would have to be when I was older, because at that point I thought Christmas was over for me.
Speaker 4: But I was sad and mistaken, and so this had to be. I was maybe eighteen years old.
Speaker 8: I had graduated high school, and I was amongst one of the first of my generation to go to college. I went to the acclaimed historically black college, North Carolina Central University, where I majored in English.
Speaker 4: In my communication English.
Speaker 12: The minor and community minoring Communications.
Speaker 4: You just wanted to be broke, you know.
Speaker 8: I wanted to report and talk about the things I loved and speak on her just act world very eloquently.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 8: So, upon my matriculation at the North Flina Central University, I came home for my first Christmas post graduation high school graduation, and you know, normally I would just buy stuff for my brothers. You know, I had a little job working at KB Toys nonetheless, and I would buy story. I would buy clothes and stuff for my brothers and toys for them, so I pretty much was just focused on doing for them. But when I woke up that Christmas morning and came out of my room, which at that point in time had been turned into a guest room, they got me out. So I remember waking up and setting up all the gifts for my brother. I think I bought my youngest brother. I think I had bought him like a truck or some kind of thing with wheels, and my middle brother were younger. I bought him a guitar, mad wheels I brought him. I brought him a first, a little acoustic guitar, and so I thought it was over. So I went to bed, and when I woke up, I saw a PlayStation one that was sitting in the living room, and the game that we had was Teching, and I remember we played that as a family with my brothers, and I remember that just being so touching to me. I thought I had been forgotten and cast aside. But I was so happy to know that I hadn't been forgotten. And my mother she gave it to me and she said, you know, I'm proud of you. You know, you're going to college, you're doing.
Speaker 4: Your thing, and I think that may have been the first time she told me she loved me about TV and so.
Speaker 1: So after what just happened and many many years of therapy, I just that was one of my best Christmases.
Speaker 8: I remember us playing and I later took the PlayStation one back to my dorm room at No kind of Central University and me and my roommate, milked at the time, Milton Milt Builting in my milk big talk, and so we had a TV in our room, and like, we had the twenty seven inch TV, but you know it was back.
Speaker 4: This was ninety eight, so it wasn't the flat screen. It was when we had the big back TV. The fat back joint, yeah, I have that for the sharps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the big sharp. Yeah, we had the big sharp. It was twenty seven inches. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It was real.
Speaker 8: So it was like three feet deep, very deep. You could hide all the Uncle Pete money in the joint, like and soul food.
Speaker 4: Shit. It so assue you that. So I took it back with us and we started that spring.
Speaker 1: And that spring I recall that we had I bought Resident Evil, which is a game that was very popular at that time, and we would sit and play it, and people would come to our room to watch us play Resident Evil.
Speaker 8: It was like a movie. It was cinematic. It had to do with the virus that had broken out and it was turning people into zombies. And you could play of either one of two white people. You can't lose, you can't lose, you can't lose. It was it was playing as a white characters. The ultimate game, Genie, the ultimately.
Speaker 4: Not Yo, I'm not the one. Know what I'm saying. You picked the white character. They gave more.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, man, playing as a white character, Oh dude, you're you're guaranteed. So you could play as either the white man Chris, or you could either play as the woman, the white woman. I can't remember her name, but anyway, it was a little harder if you played as the white man, which I found it to.
Speaker 4: Be very unbelievable. I found it very highly unbelievable.
Speaker 8: Come on, man, you read a paper about it. I didn't write a paper about it. I didn't blog at that time. Blogs weren't popular at that time, but so I was. I was playing the game and it was you had to play this white person that was going to save humanity from the t virus that was turning everyone in the zombies. And so for that entire semester, I don't think me and my roommate went to class as we played Resident Evil. And that was what I remember on the on the PlayStation one, we had Resident Evil. We had in like ninety nine I think, and there was a cold you could put in Mad ninety nine where you could get a team called Tiburan and so like Tiberan team had like one hundred. Everything onnd defense was one hundred, like everything past all that ship. They was like a team of super niggas. And so you can play with Tiberon. And so I remember we would come and you know, because we played football, and so boys would come to the room and we would play you know what I'm saying, put in the Tiberan cheat coat.
Speaker 1: And we had this one guy on our team named Craig. And Craig was before coming to play for US. He was in Rikers Island.
Speaker 4: Reference story.
Speaker 2: He came from to college.
Speaker 4: He came from Rikers to college. Name was Craig. He played d line. Yeah, he came he came from Rikers and he was your fun, your fun do Tiberan.
Speaker 1: He called you to come to this door and the yeah, he would come to my room and I want to call you to yeah, to do the cold your I wonder you don't want Tibron also memorized the Mike Tyson we gotta talk about that too, that road.
Speaker 4: That we've had a video game like diary from.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 4: That the PlayStation one gift from my.
Speaker 2: Mom, Story of life.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It was a great time.
Speaker 8: That was like one of my best Christmas. I thought I had been forgotten, but it was the PlayStation one that let me know that I still mattered in this your brother's love and my mother's love that I had been denied.
Speaker 2: So are we all getting PlayStations?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Get that to got the PlayStation and Nintendo when I ain't got Christmas? Give in a minute, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: That was that was a really good Christmas. My brothers they had Christmas. It was good. Do you regret?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 1: Mike Tyson sort of not DISAVOWT, but sort of his another this word is this thing for Mike Tyson punch outn't like it or the contract for I don't think it was.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I like, I don't. I don't regret it.
Speaker 8: I think at the time, because I read an interview with him about that, I just don't think he knew how big it was. So like he at the time he said, he signed a contract, and I think they gave him like upfront.
Speaker 4: It might have been like fifty grand or something. That's horrible, right, and that ship sold like hoppends, so you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: So I think going back, he could have did a better deal and got royalties or percentage or whatever. But yeah, I don't regret that game. I thought it was a great game. It was very racist, but I mean I thought it was it was fun like America.
Speaker 2: Damn, Dad was deep.
Speaker 8: I wish I said that. Yeah, but no, I don't regret Mike Tyson's punch Out. It was it was, but again, it was the story of the great White Hope, little Matt, who was knocking out niggas all over the world.
Speaker 4: Yet another white savior story. Not Sonic.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm just saying, is that little Mac He's in punch Out.
Speaker 4: Punch Out Sonic was a hedgehog.
Speaker 3: He didn't really know son I don't know your mac I was playing Sonic while y'all were.
Speaker 4: I didn't get the correlation. Yeah, no he had. I don't know. He might have been black he like rings. Yes, you have to look up.
Speaker 1: This, Uh, the oral history of Do you realize how much input that Michael Jackson had scoring all the.
Speaker 2: Music for so I saw that recently, like an article on like.
Speaker 4: When Sega came out, he like he was addicted to playing Sega like he had Michael Jackson moonwalk, I had only on only on Sega. Ye.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was addicted to Sega and so thus he begged the Sonic people to let him do all the music.
Speaker 2: Well he wasn't. No, that's Mario Brothers Like really the music?
Speaker 1: Who is it was initially supposed to be the theme Stranger in Moscow too, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Stranger in Moscow? Wow? Yeah, Wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Like there's there's an entire there's an oral history of of Michael Jackson scoring the the Sonic the hedge off but kind of you know, took his credit away.
Speaker 4: Some of those songs are still in there. But that's fact. I don't never that's crazy.
Speaker 10: You know Space Invaders, the original Space Invaders from the first one did that?
Speaker 4: What you really? God, this dude does the base. I'm not lying to you. One.
Speaker 1: Like back when we were Black to the Future, Okay, whoa that was the name of your band. That was the second incredation of the roots.
Speaker 4: We were radioactivity Okay, I knew that. I knew that then we were Black to the Future. Who thought that was? That was all tariq.
Speaker 1: Al right, So it just depends on what what metaphor that Big Daddy came was using at the time.
Speaker 4: Then then we'll call it. Yo, we changed our name again.
Speaker 11: So why did you get away from radioactivity? Was because a radio head?
Speaker 4: No? No, no, we were just I mean, I mean you know we were radioactivity. I was a sample. He was a sample. I'm drinking he was t metaphor nigga, y'all was the story of career like that was y'all underground.
Speaker 1: Then when we was Black to the Future, Uh, he he was, he gave me I didn't like my name is Marty mcblack, I was, I was. I think I think Monica was divine technician. Yo, I was DT stick or something like what Yeah? But no, what's hawk smooth? Wow hype African Warrior?
Speaker 4: Yo? No, it was an acronym. Oh God hype African Warrior kicking it smooth.
Speaker 8: That might have been the worst one I've heard since that ignorant gonna get another system or whatever whatever that two box on.
Speaker 4: He was like, I call myself a nigga because I'm never ignorant gonna get you get the who tried to thank all that when they talk about.
Speaker 1: So then then we morphed into square roots and then uh you know the roots Okay in the journey.
Speaker 3: Did he did you ever buy each other Christmas gifts? I know it sounds crazy, but curious you in two weeks and jobs and then you know, yeah, we did what we did?
Speaker 12: What you give the best present?
Speaker 4: Because I feel like you be asking don't asked questions.
Speaker 2: I really don't know answer. I really it was one of my radio curious I don't know you saw No, Seriously.
Speaker 4: I don't yes what kind of gives the y'all y'all give you.
Speaker 2: Because you'll have these random like emotional like you know, I.
Speaker 4: Just know, what do you give to the man who has everything? Stuff? I mean, but I I treat people of stuff like him.
Speaker 2: Black thoughts go to escape the room. Escape You never did escape the room?
Speaker 1: Is that the one where you like trapped in the place. You in the room for an hour and then you got to figure out how to get out. On the show fun as hell escaping, Like it's not like like, uh, who denie where you're locked in?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: You know, they'll put you in a room just like the studio and then you gotta figure out. They'll give you three clues and then you got to figure out how to get.
Speaker 12: Out of this room, and the clue will send you to another clue.
Speaker 4: But it's really great.
Speaker 12: I have I'm not a fan.
Speaker 4: That's every time I'm in l A. I always do.
Speaker 11: Because the thing is that I have a problem with the dynamics of what happens in the room when y'all get the clues, Like people start deciding who's the chief.
Speaker 4: You got to decide, So it's really like a social experiment.
Speaker 12: It's a social experiment.
Speaker 2: And then you find out who's ah.
Speaker 12: I don't want to work with.
Speaker 1: Shout out the Cavin car who is Alpha female number one? So whenever Janina and I do this all the time, and I just automatically. But that's the thing, MAT.
Speaker 3: Severe alpha female to get my game mode it's another no no.
Speaker 12: I play the back and me too, and I feel like I'm pretty off of female.
Speaker 2: But fall back. I'll fall back for the team.
Speaker 4: I'll solve one and just I'll swipe the card and let them have fun.
Speaker 12: But that's different.
Speaker 2: That's different. That's just like the heart.
Speaker 4: I bring people together. That's why he's brother in law. I mean the reunion. You didn't come to the reunion. I was too young and too broke. Really, Oh damn, I was like freshman in college back then. You missed it. Okay. I did do paintball.
Speaker 2: Oh that's I don't hit right up on the back. I dropped my gun. I wanted to tackle that mother. I was not about it. So you want to hit me in the neck, in the neck, in the neck, all.
Speaker 4: Doing the things fall apart album. We used to always go laser okay.
Speaker 12: That's better, that's better.
Speaker 1: So when the Okay Player reunion happened in Philly, I took all the Okay players to midnight laser tagging okay, which was dangerous.
Speaker 4: But you know how's that dangerous? Well, you know we're like thirty strangers meeting each other for the first way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were gonna tell me what you got black doll for Christmas?
Speaker 4: No, I'm not okay, I just what did you get to read for Christmas?
Speaker 2: Listen, I don't get supposed to say the same thing he got you in the year before and the year before and they before.
Speaker 4: Thank you bugs, Bunny.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, I'm I don't know. I buy a lot of Christmas gifts, but I don't know. I don't keep table of what you gave us Christmas bonuses last year.
Speaker 3: Use I didn't even say nothing. I thought it was a clerical error and what the fuck? I was like, fuck it ironed it?
Speaker 4: Oh so you thought just when he announced you can.
Speaker 2: Say it all day said he said a lot of things.
Speaker 4: He said things, and I kept my word on everything about but just in case the Angelo. But the Angelo technically was on the show. He was forwards. It's more R and B. I'm going to get and I'm not coming back. Yeah, I'm my brain is not working right now.
Speaker 2: I just want to know if y'all had every stange gifts, because I mean, he named his son after you. So I'm like, what do you know?
Speaker 4: What I don't that's what you want to know? What I mean?
Speaker 2: Working hard like what you do for your man. It's like, I'm just joking.
Speaker 4: What about you. Do you give gifts? Do you have a significant other or a nice way to get into that.
Speaker 11: I mean, if you don't want to talk about this, I have a significant other who is amazing. I have an awesome, awesome partner in crime. I give gifts always, like I'm just like, I don't wait for the occasion because I can't remember the occasion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So instead I just I give.
Speaker 4: Talk that ship, Kathleen, give them words.
Speaker 2: Every day, every day that I see them, I give them.
Speaker 4: So that's your love language, words of encouragement.
Speaker 11: My love language is giving yes, yes, And my my my thing is quality time. Oh I'm sorry, uh, acts of kindness, acts of services.
Speaker 4: Service, that's you got to show it. Like love is a doing word.
Speaker 11: Yes for me, it's like if you have my back, Oh, you're just showing me so much love. Like if you're like, yo, your day is super difficult, let me help you do this. Oh oh my god, I'm just like yes.
Speaker 8: So if it's like so, if you can't, if it's off your man, he's like, baby, I know you had a long day on set.
Speaker 1: I made some Neil ship like you. Yeah, yeah, yeah, let's roast port you put the mohole on top.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ye, it's pretty amazing. I'm gonna go now to give me some.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go to my secret spot in the nineties street are and I know, yeah that joint is it? So are you the person in your family that like like I draw Carmchael says, like your accountant, you have to tell your accountant that being the one person at your family that made it is an expense for the person takes care of everybody.
Speaker 11: I have two older sisters. One is a doctor and the other ones in the private equity.
Speaker 4: Good the only one.
Speaker 11: We grew up mad poor, and my two sisters are based and thankfully I have been able to join them in that.
Speaker 4: Thank you mans. And that is the you caught up to them.
Speaker 11: I caught up to that, Yeah, because I was. Yeah, I'm the youngest of three and I was definitely behind. And those women are insane. Yeah, it's incredible. I don't know what my parents did, but I definitely studied them. I think it was like a mixture of like fear, you know what I'm saying, Like my parents are still mad fear in us and the knowledge that rebellion would only fuck up our life. Like my father would steadily tell me, you ain't get a mess in my life. And we didn't grow up with much. My parents did not have much. I came up from Puerto Rico and neither one of them graduated college, barely graduated high school. And they made like gold out a fucking dirt and they're still together forty five years.
Speaker 4: Wow, it's amazing. Yeah, that's dope. Is that the goal for you?
Speaker 2: You think I don't know way behind? Let me tell you I'm marry tomorrow. If I'm doing forty five years before to die? Oh yeah, I just mean it something that long's yeah, yeah, I feel like that would be tight.
Speaker 11: Sure to like roll with somebody for life like that, But I feel like I got mad lifers, Like she's one of my lifers right there, you know, so I'll be all right, all right.
Speaker 4: We're looking to the right of the room to one of your lifers.
Speaker 2: To Emily.
Speaker 4: You know that we were talking about Emily.
Speaker 2: Emily, she's drunk. Emily, look this way, I said, Emily, still in that group chatter on how to get you out of five minutes Emily was I do say what juice?
Speaker 5: Yes, she was.
Speaker 2: It was real.
Speaker 15: It was really Emily has this look on her face, like what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 4: Where? Okay?
Speaker 11: So Emily's been my best friend for ten years and she's now a producing partner and we've been able to sell TV shows together and we're trying to change the world together, just our little portion of it.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, what what do you now now that it's December? What projects do you have coming out?
Speaker 11: So we're about to jump into I'm about to direct my first episode of Jane the Virgin.
Speaker 2: Very exciting.
Speaker 11: We're in our fourth season. We're into the second half of the fourth season. I have a movie coming out called Annihilation by the director Alex Garland, who did that movie X Machino. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I used to call it HOAAC yeah, X machine XE such an American.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, when they come on the show, I play sex machine. So good, Okay, never mind, you gotta.
Speaker 4: No, I got it, I got it. I gotta know the history because she was like a sex machine right exactly. Yeah, and she danced with him and it rhymes with X machine. You've been.
Speaker 2: Here, we go?
Speaker 4: What just got thank god, we fucking found that again. Holy ship. That's me. Poor guessed it bit you guys.
Speaker 11: Yeah, anyway, so, uh so we've got an annihilation coming out. Emily and I are on our four TV show that we've sold now to network and graduation.
Speaker 2: Let's tell us about it.
Speaker 11: So we have so they're all right now up for pilot season, so we'll see what ends up getting up on the air.
Speaker 12: But we just sold uh two TV shows to the c W.
Speaker 11: One have called Rafa the Great and it is written by a young Latino Ecuadorian who, oh, never.
Speaker 4: Mind whattorians.
Speaker 8: He is.
Speaker 11: He discovered that he was undocumented when he was sixteen years old and heading to college. And it is in a comedy like, uh, everybody hates Chris in the Vein of the Wonder Years said in the nineties, pretty dope, pretty funny, really do our We have another show called fem which is about four badass bitches and it's a feminist secret feminist society of girls that try to take revenge and get into some trouble.
Speaker 12: We have another show.
Speaker 4: Called sounds like reality TV to me, Well, let's.
Speaker 2: Fucking hope not. Let's hope that's not another one.
Speaker 11: Called Have Mercy that we sold to CBS, which is a medical drama about a Cuban American woman that becomes like a robin hood in the medical world and helps undocumented and rape victims and people that can't go to our American healthcare system because it sucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: And then another show we sold to who called Yak Dug Gotta Wants to Kick Your Ass and it's about a young sixteen year old girl Cuban from New York And it'll be a bunch of Latinos in it, from Puerto Ricans to Dominicans to Mexicans because we all exist here and it's a bully story.
Speaker 4: So I gotta ask.
Speaker 1: So with these four shows that you're developed, and hopefully they'll one will make it right.
Speaker 4: But okay, So in the case of when Whitney H.
Speaker 1: Cummings got lucky enough to sell her show and Two Brooke Girls, she was telling me it was such a nightmare like juggling both at the same time because she was involved heavily in both as far as the development that stuff. How we if should these shows get picked up, how will you juggle those plates in the kitchen without dropping one? And that's where.
Speaker 12: Yeah, the one that just tapped you on the shoulder showing.
Speaker 11: So it's beautiful. Like Emily, Emily and I are like one and the same. We have the same kind of goals, the same kind of idea of art and the kind of art we want to make, and so well, ideally we're both executive producers of these projects. So we have showrunners and we have creatives other creatives that are on it and that are all living in the same space as us. But these are projects we're working on for one two years. I mean, it is a shit show.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 11: I mean, it is a very very difficult process, and we're so far from it even hitting the air, but so much closer than we were before.
Speaker 8: I mean, it is just like no, no, it's I really salute like you television writers, because I mean I've been a part of stuff where we shoot a pilot, get the series order, and then even after that they like.
Speaker 4: Nah, on second thought, Yes, it's so hard. It can it can turn on a dime.
Speaker 12: So we've got to have like lots of lottery tickets.
Speaker 11: We have to lots of projects that are constantly in the work so that hopefully one of them will make it on the air. But ideally we do projects that show and reflect what America looks like. So how we were talking about earlier in the beginning of the session, you were saying, like, yeah, but we know that, like, that's not what America looks like. But the problem with that is that if we don't allow the media, television, film to reflect America, then we are going to continue to fuck ourselves because everybody's attached to that thing, that computer, that phone, that TV screen, and the way that we see ourselves is a reflection of what we put out there.
Speaker 12: And art is dangerously powerful.
Speaker 11: So you can be behind projects that will create change, or you can be behind projects that just continue to bring.
Speaker 2: To shit televisions.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that are terrible, but like, uh so, ideally we would do that. Ideally that's what would be able to contribute. Put new faces, new narratives, new body types, new skin colors, new stories that will help Middle America not be so afraid of what they don't see.
Speaker 8: Every day we talk of body types. My first time I remember America Ferrera.
Speaker 4: Yes, real women have monumental movement, took all the big bitches got naked.
Speaker 2: I was like we were ready.
Speaker 4: We all got.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what it was. It was that way for me one hundred percent.
Speaker 11: I mean, I what's beautiful is that now I get to tell America how much she had affected me, because we are a year apart in age. So when I saw her, I was also seventeen looking at myself in the mirror, being like, this is what a Puerto Rican body looks like. And yet I don't look like those billboards, and I don't look like the cover of that magazine, and I don't look like that.
Speaker 12: So something must be wrong with me. Something is wrong with me.
Speaker 11: They don't like me, They'll continue to not like me, and therefore I don't like myself, and therefore I have to I have to jump over hurdles just to start life, because before I even start life, I'm dealing with all this ship that I is an illusion, All this ship that I've been programmed and domesticated to believe is what does not make me enough.
Speaker 4: More Big women on TV.
Speaker 2: Canna shout at Jamison now.
Speaker 4: Here it was, it was, It's over. Now it's either you know Diddy.
Speaker 2: Or Jay jay Z.
Speaker 4: At this point, drunk call that, Jamie Lee Curtis, That's what I call it. That's my drink, my dad, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry, makes you ship? It really did?
Speaker 1: It was?
Speaker 4: This is going all of it? Wait, I gotta take control of the show. Please you do an hour and a half into it, I do all right? Can please don't Welcome to the Christmas episode of Imcome. I'm your first question.
Speaker 2: I do feel sober. Let's do this. I'm going to get this.
Speaker 4: We're about to wrap this up.
Speaker 2: Wasn't his wedding?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: So is going to give his rendition of a Christmas story twelve days of Christmas?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 8: No, no, no no, the night before Christmas? I can all that ship run together the night before Christmas?
Speaker 4: What we're doing?
Speaker 2: Should I help you with?
Speaker 4: Okay, well yeah, I'm everybody get a drink in a handful? You just thought?
Speaker 8: No, man, I want to say, like seriously, as we as we fill the cups, Like joining this show has been like an incredible addition to my life.
Speaker 4: Is very hectic. It is very.
Speaker 8: Is The traveling schedule can get kind of rough. But I just am so honored to be in this room and that we made it another year. And uh, there'll be out there that actually are engaged and listening to what we bring it's just I just think quest love and all of you for just bringing a lot of joy to my life and and otherwise kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think for everybody. So thank you man to seriously and to my wife, to my new wife and probably my my only wife. But now I'm sorry. Well, baby, we got another I just married. I just married Geena Rodriguez. So we got us.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I got I got everybody. Yeah, I got a chocolate. I got a butter pecan that's.
Speaker 4: White, macadamia or nothing.
Speaker 8: So no, man, just now, thank you. I thank all of y'all. This has been because of the Supreme and people and and everybody listening. Thank y'all to man like people hit us up like they really hit us, Like yo, every Wednesday, you get us to work, you get me to work. Man, I be listening to y'all joint that so and so interview was crazy like all that stuff. So let us raise the toast. Wait, make the toast, Bill, I'm.
Speaker 4: Bill, Uh. They were just making the toast ship to himself.
Speaker 15: To me, I was question of the Supreme, the quest of Supreme for the weirdest bunch of people in the world in one room the week after week and it's funny every time.
Speaker 4: And we done for having us all together.
Speaker 6: I never would have imagined this. When I tell people about it, they can't believe it. Cheers, cheers, all right, So are you ready to give us your what is it? Storytime?
Speaker 4: This is a night before Christmas.
Speaker 15: The tigle over, dish okay, hi, and cute him.
Speaker 4: Gather round rather not all right? Here we go twas the night before Christmas, and all through my home it was as quiet as Morris when he's not with Jerome. The stockings were hung by the chimney with pride, in hopes that the child's support check would arrive. The children were snuggled all warm in their beds, while visions of Xbox danced in their heads. And me and my dow rag and Mama in her bonnet, enjoying the sounds of Keith Sweat his album Get Up on It. When out on the lawn, I heard a rattle and buzz. Quickly grabbed my fire arm. I time today, cause away to the front door. I ran from my bed and prayed the intruder was not a crackhead.
Speaker 8: I stepped out on the lawn and not a crackhead in sight, and for once I was happy that my neighbors were white. When what to my wondering eyes what should appear but a miniature sleigh and eight tiny reindere, with the little old driver so lively in hood. I said to myself, this weed must be good, more rapid than refunds.
Speaker 4: His shut ups. They came, and he whistled and hollered and called them by name.
Speaker 8: Now Marvin, now Curtis, now Eldra, and Stevie, now Michael, now Marlin, now.
Speaker 4: Tito, and Rebe. To the top of the porch, to the window, to the wall. Now dash away, dash away, dash away.
Speaker 8: All so up to the housetop the black reindeer flew with the sleigh full of toys, and Saint Nicholas too. I laughed and listened to each little wolf, and I prayed this fat nigger didn't fuck up my room. I took a sip from my drink and was turning around. I looked in the chimney, and Saint Nicholas came down. He was dressed all in fur from the cold his protection, and the finest red suit from the Steve Harvey Coller. A bundle of toys was flung on his back. The children couldn't wait to open the sack. He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work and said, what could be better? Bitch like the son of I had a good puff and tooted up his nose, threw up two fingers and up the chimney.
Speaker 4: He rose.
Speaker 8: He went to his sleigh, to his team, gave a whistle, and away they all flew like a North Korean missile.
Speaker 4: But I heard him exclaim.
Speaker 8: As his voice grew bigger, Merry Christmas to all two ls, my nigga, that was the best idea.
Speaker 4: Yes, holy ship, you say the entire show, What a gift. That also wrote that.
Speaker 1: You dropped a son of assert reference. This is the greatest show. I'm just bragging on my team. No, I'm literally this is the greatest show and one of my favorite things of all my nineteen jobs. You totally missed it.
Speaker 4: You can You'll have to listen only on SO Yeah I would. That's the microphone drop moment.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, this has been a very There's another Do Say So Rock edition of Quest Love Supreme.
Speaker 4: One thing.
Speaker 1: Since it is Christmas, I have a feelings that we should make the mixed Suprema. Just a bunch of Christmas songs this week.
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: So it's Christmas, so check out the mixed Suprema. Yes, definitely favorite Ladies and gentlemen. Just also realize that for every episode, for every cover, every.
Speaker 2: Single one of these songs. We even asked Gina, what a favorite Ones.
Speaker 13: Show?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's your favorite Christmas song?
Speaker 2: Would you say?
Speaker 4: Santa Cla is a black man?
Speaker 2: I love Christmas.
Speaker 4: I try to speak when when Megan Kelly was on the show.
Speaker 2: We Megan Kelly.
Speaker 4: On the show. We have standards, Yeah, we do standard. I got shut down for trying to make that her walk on song. It's a nice show. Santa Clas a black man.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know, I want to just say, because like you said, I'm gonna forget by next week, what I want to say, sort of your end show. Anyway, I feel like we should thank Let's thank the people of Pandora, Evan and and all of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Evan, Evan and Natalie and Jason and all of our engineers and studios, David, everybody, Yes, everybody. Reservoir I just met, but Electric Lady Reservoir, electrically mirror. Everybody is helpless this year.
Speaker 1: African fish spot across the street fish.
Speaker 4: Anyway, So fante not what did you? What is your? What is your? Your?
Speaker 9: Your?
Speaker 4: How they wish? How they wish a man for my holiday wish?
Speaker 8: I just wish peace and happiness into my home as always, looking forward to spending my first holiday with my wife.
Speaker 4: Yeah man, yeah and uh yeah, just being peaceful, just chilling, and I wish that for all my friends and family. Just love. Rab it on? Can you rub it on? Rub it? What? What you? What do you wish for Christmas? You?
Speaker 2: I don't know about Christmas before life. I want someone with want Christmas.
Speaker 4: So you want a husband and.
Speaker 3: And a place to call my own and peace for all and to impeach the president.
Speaker 1: So you're basically here and so you might as well say what your You've been here the whole time, So what what is your your Christmas?
Speaker 4: Wish?
Speaker 2: That this podcast is over?
Speaker 3: That is.
Speaker 4: Anyway?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: On your phone?
Speaker 2: You were mad attentive. It was just a joke. It was my first time you a joke on the podcast. You nailed.
Speaker 6: I want drunk, drunk drunk Emily and drunk Gino At back of every podcast because the ship is hlarious amazing.
Speaker 2: We did not play the song. By the way, there was a song drunk.
Speaker 4: Oh, sorry about that anyway, Steve, what do you want? More weed? Yeah? More weed and the honka check. Oh. I hope that he's getting bigger and bigger every year. It gets bigger every year.
Speaker 2: Sam, it gets bigger, Yo, by what kind of like when you get it?
Speaker 4: Is major? Shi, it is major. You're one of your d J gigs like twenty honkahs. It's like Jim brownski man, it's long a mean man. He checks me up there. Yeah, Well, I mean most of my life I was broke, so it's a it's a big check for me. It's awesome, all right. So Bill kind of boss, Bill, redeem yourself. Showed me that you have heart. What do you what do you wish for Christmas? Just show any bit of lightness any.
Speaker 2: I don't say anything about the show or a mirror.
Speaker 4: Pretend you're happy. Just the show and a mere car. Two separate categories nice and easy, nice and easy? Can I answer, I'm Tracy Jordan's limits. Yeah? Nice easy? Can I go easy? Nice? Happy? Go ahead? Bill? I wish everyone was just a merry, Happy Christmas. Then don't die. Yeah, I want to do that. That's pretty good. I'm just looking at Steve because Steve on behalf of Sugar, Steve paid, Bill bost Bill drunk Emily.
Speaker 1: It's like Fangelo, Gina and all genus peeps that are on the group chat trying to figure out to get out of here this quest love. Wishing you a happy Chaka Khan and uh home safely. We'll see you next week and check out the q LS Holiday Mix.
Speaker 4: Okay, hey, drunk.
Speaker 9: Drunk Insamine, Old Bottle Day, Calm, moonshine, red red Wine, so mellow app fine all mad night with a swimming in the head, reached for the pillow, mister hold durn Bay.
Speaker 1: What's Love Supreme is a production of iHeartRadio. This classic episode was produced by the team at Pandora. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.