Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 1: This he is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Wing Stuff, where Flavor gets its wings. Now, your hosts, Nate Newton, Kurk Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon.
Speaker 3: Gross, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: It is here we go.
Speaker 5: It's Tuesday, and that's how.
Speaker 6: We're going to start the show. From now here we go. All right, let me start again.
Speaker 5: Ready, here we go.
Speaker 3: It's Tuesday with the live look at Tostito's Blue Championship Plaza. We go for Eagles Week where it is sixty three degree. He's the highest sixty five, the lowest forty one.
Speaker 4: That's shunning. He's date is Kurt in the back of Chris Beam. I am Jesse Holly. Together we make Hanging with the Boys. The sports talk cool on the Brell people.
Speaker 7: Talk.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, yes, sir boy.
Speaker 2: I can't wait till tomorrow we get to talk about something special.
Speaker 5: Baby brought to you each and every day by Wingstop work. Flavor gets his wing.
Speaker 6: Come on, comes, let's go, Baby man go.
Speaker 3: So the big news of the day so far. Well, we broke the news yesterday on the show Shaq. Leonard's not coming here. He's going to Philly. So whatever, what's new, Let's talk about it on Sunday if he makes a play.
Speaker 4: Big news today.
Speaker 3: DeMarcus Lawrence was announced yesterday as the Cowboys Man of the Year nominee.
Speaker 5: Nice that it's a real good guy.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of behind the scenes things in the community. Nice guy has an outstanding family himself, and he is he maybe having the most low key best season on the team.
Speaker 4: No, this is what de Marcus Lawrence has been doing for a while, honestly, like he really has been just this consistent. The biggest thing is that the casual fan will always equate from his position sacks being success. If you don't have the sacks and you're not successful and the sack numbers. For what he does and the consistent way that he does it, it doesn't equate to the sack numbers. A lot of times, he's a set up guy. He gets other guys involved. He's a great run stopper. He plays great in the running game. He plays great in setting other guys up, holding his stuff down, being just a consummate professional, being consistent across that defensive line, and the sack numbers go other places. But a lot of times people just equate, well, he didn't have ten, twelve fifteen sacks like Khalil Mack, so what a terrible season he's having. And you go, wait, wait a second, now, that's that's not true. So he's been doing this for a while. It's just the sack number that people look at, aren't eyepopping.
Speaker 5: You just don't hear his name a lot.
Speaker 7: Pro Football Focus has him ranked second for among red gressers for run defense in tenth overall.
Speaker 3: And he's been like a really good, like do your job guy, like not playing outside of your assignments and being where you're supposed to be and all that stuff from what I've seen, Like he's you know.
Speaker 4: That's a veteran for you. That's a guy who's been around the block a while and understand, all right, here's my assignment. Right, If I do my job, then everything will work the way it's supposed to work. It's when I get outside myself that we start having these breakdowns. And sometimes and I'm not pointing the finger at anyone else, there has to be a level of someone doing something consistent enough when you have other guys who can kind of freelance freelance, right, you can't have everybody freelancing.
Speaker 5: So it's like we sell how that worked out a few years ago, right, right, And.
Speaker 4: So you look up, you go the other guy's really good and he's probably gonna do some freelancing, probably something that we I can't do the same either. When we both can't give up containment. At least I can do is hold my hold my ears down and hold my my my responsibility down and let the other the other guy just be athletic and be a freaking be be the one that gambles. He gets it, he understands it.
Speaker 7: What do you think about that? Overall you're talking about people. Look at the sacks the cowboys. Sacks haven't come in bunches here the last It seems like, I guess they did pretty good against the weaker teams, but are they still getting the pressure and they need.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the numbers guy, what does the next gen say? What is next gen say? Okay, just you sayd quiet today, quiet your voice.
Speaker 5: I'm tired voices.
Speaker 4: I'm tired today, I am today today, I'm tired.
Speaker 5: And the it's just not talking at all, and you're you're tired, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm excited, bro, I don't want everything come out as a scream compared to his quiet.
Speaker 6: It's mine will come out of a scream.
Speaker 4: I leave here, there's going to be I have my plan. God, it's gonna be. I'm gonna get me a pool port sandwich.
Speaker 5: From where.
Speaker 6: I don't know if we're allowed to say it.
Speaker 3: We probably shouldn't say it on there, say off because I'm a fan.
Speaker 6: Of some.
Speaker 7: Wealth and pressure percentage.
Speaker 4: You go, that's a that's a who is leading it? As far as Dolphins, the Dolphins, and what about players.
Speaker 7: Players on our team or just in general with that a team start that you just Dolphins, that is the team. The Dallas Cowboys are a team of twelve.
Speaker 4: Me, Michaels, I'm sure Michael's in the in the top.
Speaker 2: Talking about did the thing about all of this right here? Uh, it's only going to count. All of this only counts if you're in that top two or three seeds. That's when all of this, that's when numbers really mean something to me.
Speaker 4: What do you mean by that?
Speaker 2: You know, like, if you're the top seed. Are you the second seed in which you can't really be the second seed because I guess that go to division winners, you know. But to me, I've always taken things in steps. And the reason I wanted the Cowboys to continue to win is because it gives you the best chance at the end of the year to win your division, the NFC East. And now that the forty nine Ers beat the Eagles, now all of a sudden, if the Cowboys do their job, now we got this thing in the tailspin. Now every game for every team means something. You cannot let down the Eagles, the forty nine ers, Detroit and the Dallas Cowboys. And it all is hinging on whether the Cowboys can do their thing this week. If they do their thing, now we now.
Speaker 6: There's a mess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all these numbers mean something.
Speaker 4: So this is This is from Bobby Belt and he has the twenty twenty three NFL playoff scenario for a Week fourteen for the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas clinches a playoff berth with a win plus a Minnesota loss or tie plus a green Bay loss or tie plus the Seattle. So either Minnesota, Green Bay, Seattle, Tampa Bay Detroit. They all have to they all have to lose, and the Cowboys have to win. And then the second thing is if Dallas wins, Minnesota loses or ties, Green Bay loses, the tires he got to lose, loses, Tampa Bay loses or tie, Detroit wins or ties, and no losses or ties.
Speaker 6: Good God, that's what the simple thing is.
Speaker 2: Cowboys win you game, and and you know and now now now all the naysayers and the dreaders and the statisticians of saying it is, Hey, we win against the against Philadelphia. Oh I'm worried about no, no, no, beat Philadelphia and everything is right in the world. Don't don't worry, don't worry about nothing else. Beat Philadelphi, because if you don't beat Philadelphia, it's practically over. Because now you gotta wish. Now we go back into the wish and I hope. And now what mister Bell saying, we're part of if this team want to lose, if this we ain't want to lose, if this wein't no win the game, and the world is right because you're in control. Even though the forty nine ers have beat you, you're.
Speaker 6: In control, and so of your destiny.
Speaker 2: Now the pressure is on not only on you, it's on those top fourteen in NFC teams, So everybody is riding with the same amount of pressure.
Speaker 6: Now, the excitement is great, but if you lose.
Speaker 2: What he just said about the Cowboys, all of a sudden it says this, Okay, now if the Eagles is this, If the Cowboys tired of losing this and you don't want all of that, that's too much.
Speaker 6: That's too much hell right there. But he just brought to the table. You know, can you repeat that again?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a lot.
Speaker 5: I mean stop, And you don't mean it's over if they lose.
Speaker 4: You mean it's.
Speaker 2: Because you're you're not only not winning your division now, you in threat of losing that fifth seed we talked about, right, You're in threat of that now.
Speaker 6: So the only thing you can do is win.
Speaker 2: That's that's why I put so much infhensis on on you.
Speaker 6: Just take care of you, take care of your house.
Speaker 5: If you lose the fifth seed, you're playing. Let's just say.
Speaker 3: If you do, you're playing either the winner, the winner that doesn't have to buy right number two se So you're yeah, you're either playing playing or Philly most like you're.
Speaker 7: The sixth and you're playing Detroit. If you're the seventh, then you'll be playing forty.
Speaker 6: Nine or gotcha?
Speaker 8: Okay see, and that could those two can change and change to you you are you are, and it probably will the way it is now, something's gonna there's gonna be a team that's in that mix right now.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be like either Atlanta's gonna fall out or it's gonna do.
Speaker 4: You want to steer far away from that team in Santa Clara.
Speaker 3: Whatever the longest road is to get out to win, you want to take it.
Speaker 4: I don't wish injury on anybody, but you want to steer far away from that team and hope somebody takes them out or because if you have a.
Speaker 9: Rash of injury, if you keep winning, if you keep winning, what it does for your team and your house is give you ultimate confidence, because that's what you're gonna need.
Speaker 2: I try to get a jump start, and I say, Okay, I'm gonna watch Philly forty nine today, I'm gonna watch Philly Buffalo tomorrow, and I promise you make it. Do it just because you're more disciplined than me. But it's nowhere in the world you can watch Philly in the forty nine ers and forget that you're supposed to be watching Philly. It happened to me sitting I'm just okay, okay, Deebo.
Speaker 6: Samuels, can you quit running through them? Cafrey, can you quit?
Speaker 4: That happened to me last week. That's why I brought up when I was watching Seattle. I was preparing for Seattle and they were playing the nine, and I was like, you can't do it. I was like, what's that mean? When you see that the dude is uh, he's walking with this girl and the girl walks bod He's looking back like I'm walking with Seattle. Like, hey, watch the Seattle game. And then the nine is Wabago and I'm.
Speaker 6: Saying to me, and so I switched to the Buffalo.
Speaker 4: Because you'll do the same thing when it when you go watch Dolphins film, when you go watch whenever we have to prepare some time.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I know that, and.
Speaker 4: There's another team that's playing the Dolphins are playing, You'll be like they did.
Speaker 2: It's not this is one time you truly, this ain't no middle of the road.
Speaker 6: This is not a middle of the road. If game you.
Speaker 2: Either gotta believe the Cowboys can win and Coach McCarthy can scheme up enough, or are all right, just don't work.
Speaker 4: Let me ask this question in the event and however the game ends.
Speaker 5: All that you're gonna say of zombie apocalypse.
Speaker 3: In the event of the zombie apocalypse.
Speaker 6: And it's not take please please, please, let yes the finish. Don't do this with this group.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna live the longest against we gotta run. Sorry, my boy, you.
Speaker 6: Gotta understand.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping I'm a part of the popular i'mnna be eating up y'all.
Speaker 6: Y'all know I'm gonna let him get me hurder. So I'm gonna stag and come back and eat. Y'all remember this, Jem.
Speaker 4: But any event that the Cowboys aren't successful in this game against Philadelphia, what do you feel about them?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: What Cowboys?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Probably the same idea.
Speaker 4: If the game ended depends the same way it ended last time. You said, well, they still play, Well, it's how do you feel about this team?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 5: I feel?
Speaker 4: Is this our therapy session, Jesse? I believe I believe.
Speaker 3: I would feel the same way that I do. Probably if it's a close game, they get beat right down to the wire. I probably feel I feel a little bit better now than I did going into the game last time.
Speaker 5: I think they're going to win this week. I think I think they're going to beat the.
Speaker 6: He didn't ask you that question, bruh. But if they.
Speaker 3: Lose, I think this is this this is a better version of the team we've seen the last two to three years.
Speaker 6: I think.
Speaker 4: I just think that.
Speaker 3: I think the teams they're playing, they're incompetition. I think this team that we had the Cowboys have at any given moment, could win the NFC and go to the NFC Championship Game and maybe even the Super Bowl. I just feel like the teams they have to get through to get there this year are better than they've been in recent memory.
Speaker 4: San Fran he's not going to answer answer question.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the same question, he.
Speaker 4: Says, he's jumping around the question.
Speaker 5: I feel like they're not going to get to the NFC Championship.
Speaker 8: He actually was thank you, thank you, said, of.
Speaker 5: All people calling me out for not answer the question.
Speaker 6: Come on, we don't get to him.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get to him.
Speaker 3: You give an answer, and then I'll and then maybe that'll help clarify what I need to say.
Speaker 7: I think if they lose to Philly, whether it's by twenty thirty points or one, I think the narrative continues that I can't win the big That.
Speaker 6: Wasn't the question.
Speaker 5: The question is how do you feel about it?
Speaker 4: I would feel that, yeah, they can't win the big games.
Speaker 7: They're going to get bounced in the division around.
Speaker 5: Same old cowboy go again, but better talent.
Speaker 6: No, same, No, this team cannot lose. You.
Speaker 2: You have to take a step. You have to say right now, I am better than Philly. I'm gonna shure I got every advantage. I'm gonna use the people's advantage. They just took a butt whooping from forty nine ers. They should be tired because of the gauntlet. They were just what everybody else is saying. They should be tired because of this gauntlet. They on their quarterback has a bomb knee, you know. So they should beat Philly everything points. So if they don't, if they can't beat a wounded, beat up team that's been they're not very good.
Speaker 6: That Cowboys are not very good. If they lose this game, what about the theory or there's an answer. There's an answer.
Speaker 4: That's what you look about.
Speaker 7: The thought that now you've got to feel the good and pissed off that defensive line got embarrassed last week, are going to do this.
Speaker 2: That's how I'm looking at it. That's how I'm see. I believe this right here, Jess. And you know this is an NFC East game that determines whether you are home or whether you have the top seed all together, don't you know? Philadelphia coaches saying, men, this is the reality of it. We got out behind, handed to us, but our goals does not change because all we have to do to make it right is to beat Dallas, not everything.
Speaker 10: We still lead the division, where the NFC East leaders, where the NFC leaders all together. Everything is still in front of us. The Cowboys coach McCatty is telling them a different thing. This is how we gain control. One team is already in control. Talking about the obvious. Man, don't I'm stating the obvious. What everybody else is stating it is hope. Hope does not win games. Performance win games.
Speaker 3: How you feel, Jess, if they lose this game, we gotta take a break.
Speaker 6: Oh you want to talk about after the sure why not.
Speaker 3: That was good.
Speaker 4: That was good good, Nate. You know what that's that's might drop.
Speaker 5: That's the best thing you've said probably.
Speaker 4: In two weeks, four or five weeks.
Speaker 5: You've been asleep the last two.
Speaker 2: We didn't expect, you know, behave, but I've been having the squirts man, he's.
Speaker 4: A squirre.
Speaker 6: Sports evercats.
Speaker 5: Let me ride back and go ahead with the boys.
Speaker 11: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it. As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties, Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kierro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamole made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 4: Grab some today.
Speaker 12: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekendrable packages with pregame sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and cowboy legends. You want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best tailgaate party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 13: See Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a diehard fan or a dog with a care fan, we got them next time fan, or we'll never win again fan Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat Geek not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a Here of your week fan or haven't been here in years fan, See geek has you covered. Download the Sea Geek after they see Geek You're a ticket the Great Dallas Cowboys Seats.
Speaker 14: How's wing stop sound Christy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and saused tossed and those eleven soul satisfied flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Windstop Ranch and of course, spicy Cajun fried corn.
Speaker 4: I think you've heard enough.
Speaker 14: Get your flavor delivered at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 4: Back to hanging with the.
Speaker 15: Bulls, Joy, Chris, We're back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're back. Welcome back.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the same old thing we used to talk about in each and.
Speaker 3: Every day on this show. This segment is brought to you by blockchain dot Com. Thank you Blockchain, Thank you block dot com.
Speaker 4: Where were you? I want to eat something from from Philadelphia Radio.
Speaker 3: You know you have a cough button. I know you refuse to put your head up with my hand. I know, but you didn't put in front of the microphone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I did go ahead like this. No, it's fine, what is this? This is great?
Speaker 4: Nor gotcha the child like ye to Nate's point, Nate talked about No, it was Kurt. Kurt's point. You talked about having a pissed off Philadelphia squad. Right. Yeah, this is from Brandon Graham on the w i P Morning Show. So I love that we just got whooped because we've been getting away with stuff and we've been talking about it, and we always addressed those things, but it caught up with us this week. I just know that I love this team. That's from the that's from the twelve year vet, the most seasoned, uh, the most tenured player on the Philadelphia Eagles said, I love that we just got whooked because we've been getting away with stuff and we've been talking about it and we always address those things, but it caught us. It caught up with us this week. And I just know that I love this team. So if that's any indication to kurtse Point earlier of the mindset and this and Brandon Graham, I would say, is one of those people that you know, like a jay Ron Curse, like a DeMarcus Lawrence, when when when he speaks, he speaks for the units, you know, offensively, a defensively, but he also speaks for the team and they listen, you know. So if he's saying that publicly, then I believe that's a mind that they have, and the Cowboys have to have that same sort of mindset of we like this is one of those games where Mike McCarthy shouldn't have to do a bunch of hooton and hollering. Dan Quinn shouldn't have to do a bunch of hooton and holleran Al Harris shouldn't have to Mike Solauri shouldn't have to do a bunch of hooton and holleran. If you love football, not like not a situationship. If you love football, if this is something that you really really love, you don't need motivation. It's Philadelphia, it's Dallas. The division is on the line, for one team to keep their lead and for another team to at least tie it and put themselves in the writing. The script has wrote itself, the narrative. The storyline has written it self for These are the type of moments where coaches love because I don't have to go over I'm not searching, like when you go and you play the Cardinals, or you go and you play the Panthers or the Giants for the second time. Now you got to start finding things. I gotta keep the squad focused. I gotta keep the squad motivate. I gotta keep this guy from thinking that they're good. They're better than what they are, and they're good. Niggas roller helmets out and everything will be okay. This this is this is a coach's dream. I present to you the Philadelphia Eagles, and Philly's saying I present to you the Dallas Cowboys. I don't have to search for quotes. I don't have to put on motivational animal uh a montage of the animals attacking in the wild. All special teams coaches do.
Speaker 5: Don't have to point out players.
Speaker 4: You don't have to do anything. You don't have to schemes or you're playing Philadelphia.
Speaker 5: You know these guys.
Speaker 4: Period, end of discussion. Hey guys, Philadelphia's coming to town. Y'all y'all want to be here or not? If what you if what you decided when we started this journey back in OTAs. If what you decided, then it's still the same decision that you're willing to wake up and attack every single day.
Speaker 10: Here.
Speaker 6: It is here.
Speaker 4: It hadn't if our goal was to get to Vegas or get to the Mexico. If they don't play right, they'll be there in Mexico with you early. But this is just it's just that deal of let's play ball.
Speaker 3: I have I have an opinion now I thought about it.
Speaker 4: I was trying to give a Kurt you would I was trying to give that to get to skirt away from it.
Speaker 6: What's your answer?
Speaker 4: You have an answer? I want you to you because everyone else I can get back to mind.
Speaker 3: I agree with I agree with Nate, and I agree with where I think you're going. If you don't win this game, this is this is your this is your NFC Championship game this week.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: I think the team can change and things evolve and teams are going to be different for from now than they are now. But at this point in your season, you're right, I mean you, you all have talked me onto the ledge. You can't beat this team at home this week. You're the same old cowboys. I think you. I think we feel better about this team. I think this team is sexier. I think this team has.
Speaker 5: More star power than they've had recently.
Speaker 2: But but you're speaking for yourself. You can't, right, yeah, speaking for you, because you ain't speaking for me.
Speaker 4: Well, he agreed with you.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, you're aout and all that they ain't sexy. Bro, this team stopped being sexy.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about as a fan. That's what I'm saying from a fan, because this team stopped being sexy for me. When the Cardinals game that was quick. Yeah, because I don't need sexy, I need wins, and the stats don't mean nothing.
Speaker 4: That's how I feel when I go down to the trailer parks. I don't need sexy.
Speaker 5: I'm here for a reason, one reason, though.
Speaker 4: For a good time, not a long time. I need to win. Nothing sexy even here. I don't have time for sexy. I need a grizzled I need seasoned when I need aggressiveness. There you go, and Graham, I like that. Off the wheels.
Speaker 6: Graham said it.
Speaker 2: Man, he said, simply, I understand zactly what he's saying is, we've addressed all these issues. We know what's going on with our team, and every week we think we addressed it. But we'll go out and we'll do what we want to do. And that's what the Eagles did. They did what they wanted to do, and they caught up with them because the forty niners.
Speaker 6: One thing that you can say about coach.
Speaker 2: Shanahan, they had that law between Cleveland and the Bengals and the game in between that they had that law.
Speaker 6: But you can look at their injuries and that told you about their law.
Speaker 2: But when seventy one showed up and Debo got back right, those they two hammers. Those are the two guys that straighten everybody when them two guys, show back up.
Speaker 6: Guess what, show back up. Let's get real, let's get going, let's get more boombox. And it was the hammer over there.
Speaker 2: Man, who is the guy that's gonna say, Hey, fellas, all of that is over. Numbers are no good. Numbers are no good when you're sitting at home in the first round. Hey man, that was the leading up until they got knocked out in the first round.
Speaker 6: He was the best quarterback.
Speaker 7: And so are there are things this team needs to should be saying. We don't tighten this up, we don't clean this up.
Speaker 2: But yeah, they did a little bit of it against against the Seahawks.
Speaker 6: They did a little bit of it. They they had three stops in the fourth quarter. That was key.
Speaker 2: I mean they you know, they found a way to win. They found a way to beat the team they were supposed to be. Now and me and Jesse said all the time, and I've always believed this, how do you perform when the coaches are equal, when your players are equal? Are you playing something better? Do you pay attention to your technique still? Do you make sure as a center that I set strong and don't get snatched out of my breeches. Do I do I do I get my.
Speaker 6: Hands inside as the left guard? Do I do the things that is right?
Speaker 2: If I'm Tyron Smith on them days when I'm off? Am I in the whirlpool? Am I getting a massage? What type of condition that I'm doing? What type of film am I looking at? Because I know I'm not working with my left guard a lot on the field, So what type of film am I watching?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: What can I pick up from this guy Jalen Carter? What upset him when seventy three, the big the big left tackle from the forty nine ers got up in his grill?
Speaker 6: What upset him? What agitated him?
Speaker 2: Am I good enough to agitate him like that and get him off his game where he's not thinking about tacking?
Speaker 6: Tackling my running back?
Speaker 2: Kids, I'm gonna put Tony Moore to the outside like I saw McCaffrey.
Speaker 6: Do They still ran in the middle?
Speaker 2: But can I put my running back a little bit more to the outside of the guard to make these guys move more laterally so they just can't push me straight back?
Speaker 10: Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you doing that as a coach? Are you doing it as a player?
Speaker 5: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Nate the last few weeks.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying, let's go.
Speaker 4: Look, I present to you and Philadelphia.
Speaker 5: It doesn't even have a list in front of him.
Speaker 4: You I present to you Philadelphia.
Speaker 10: Yeah, don't.
Speaker 4: You don't need you don't you don't need motivation. You feel motivation. It's Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: So Jesse in my Nate, my best Nate impersonation. What is your answer to the question that you presented earlier? How do you feel about this team if they lose?
Speaker 4: Yeah, if this team loses to this Philadelphia Eagles team, whatever hope that I had in them, it is going because you can't lose. I guess you can. But the way that they lost the last game, six point game, in the five point game, six point game, five point game, you played outstanding, that was outstanding defense, had some moments, you shut down a dabra. I mean, you did a lot of great things in that game. If you lose to them again in that form or worse, that tells me all I need to know about your football team. This is another year where this football team isn't ready to take the next step. And that's how I feel, because honestly, I don't think you can play at least offensively. I don't think you can play any better than you played a couple weeks ago against Philadelphia, DAK was lights out three twenty eight to twenty three, so five point game. DK was three hundred and seventy five yards, three touchdowns. I think cd Land went off eleven catches. The running game got gone. I mean you had Brandon Cooks was in. Everything was kind of flown for you. It's difficult to duplicate those games. It's difficult to go out there and have a three touchdown game for a receiver to have eleven receptions one hundred and ninety one yards? Am I not mistaken?
Speaker 6: For that?
Speaker 7: Hundred ninety one.
Speaker 5: That's pretty good.
Speaker 4: That's hard to duplicate. And you came up five points short. So now is it possible to do it again and or better? And maybe you don't need that. Maybe this time around you don't need three seventy five. You don't need a guy to have one undred ninety one yards. But it's very difficult to do that. And if you can't find a way to win, now, win that that begins to play. The psyche has already played in your mind, excuse me in your mind with San Francisco. That's I don't care what nothing. They can't, don't care what they say that. You can stand in front of any podium you want to Mike, you can get on any podcasts you want to Tank, you can get on any serious platform you want to and tell me otherwise. I've been in I've been in places where yeah, publicly, I gotta say everybody to keep, you know, keep to save face up. Oh yeah, we could beat anybody anywhere. When you go home, yes, and you land, you land next, you land next to show you look at you like.
Speaker 6: He saved what you said?
Speaker 4: Go yeah, I know, I'm gonna be honest with you. These just got our number. I know those conversations. I've been around for those conversations where they say one thing in front of the media, and it is I gotta say the right thing right here, because it's it goes against everything we stand for if I say otherwise. But then they come back and they go, what's super bowled?
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know what super Bowl it was. We was on the plane.
Speaker 4: What a light flex that was? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: What super don't even remember. I have so many, I've.
Speaker 4: Been to so many, but don't remember what Super what a light? Slight didn't even mean to do.
Speaker 6: I think it was.
Speaker 4: It's one thing to say, but I can't remember what season that was, what what what game that was?
Speaker 5: And we had this man on our show every single day.
Speaker 4: I can't super Bowl that was so incredible. I just can't.
Speaker 14: Remember what.
Speaker 4: On the Super Bowl was.
Speaker 2: That's a crazy we We was getting on the plane and.
Speaker 4: No, wait, talking about that is a crazy flex.
Speaker 6: Like you just.
Speaker 4: Can't say that and just sash past that.
Speaker 6: Okay, just go ahead.
Speaker 4: You didn't you didn't let it.
Speaker 6: So no, I'm not just stop man, stop, I'm not stop man.
Speaker 4: Who can say that?
Speaker 5: A few very few people, Ah, Tom, super Bowl was that?
Speaker 3: You know, if you think it's crazy, you think about that, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: There's probably less than one hundred people that can actually say that.
Speaker 4: That's crazy, that's crazy. Go ahead, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: We was getting on the plane and Green Bay was playing the forty nine ers, and the forty nine ers that had our numbers. So it had to be that time that the open year where we skipped one had to be that year.
Speaker 6: And and I.
Speaker 3: Say that too, the open year where we skipped one year and then we went BA.
Speaker 2: Anyway, anyway, we're watching this game on the plane and the green Bay beat the forty.
Speaker 6: Nine Ers was like our plane erupted. I mean even the coaches.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing, Yeah, we don't have to pay all we can think about how bad we're gonna beat Green Bay.
Speaker 6: And the game we was going to play was over that where.
Speaker 4: That wasn't even going to play?
Speaker 6: Okay, got you? Yeah, look look at see what I thought you were leaving the game.
Speaker 2: We was playing like this game over green Bay coming to us and that it's over.
Speaker 6: We just knew it was over. But the forty nine Ers.
Speaker 2: We're like, oh, we gotta play the forty nine because their defense line was Dana stubble Field, Brian Young, they had some nice linebackers and think Ken Norton good certain they were to do with Merton and yeah, yeah man, they had Was that more than Justice point?
Speaker 5: I thought he was in?
Speaker 4: Oh isn't that Steve? Who was the other one that launch.
Speaker 6: More than your point? Man?
Speaker 2: It's teams out there that will make you say, no, man, when now see we go when a lot of guys, I don't want to play the best the best, No, No, the goal is to win.
Speaker 6: The Super Bowl. The golden at the seats. I don't care.
Speaker 3: No one has ever looked back and said they didn't play the best team they wanted to see.
Speaker 10: Ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, the only time I've ever heard somebody to say something bad is when them dudes NBA did the bubble.
Speaker 6: They would not let that go. But yeah, that's the only time.
Speaker 5: Let's take a break. Kurt's gonna look this up.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we will give you the answer and more on hanging with the boys.
Speaker 16: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: And they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slaft. He'll want a first down.
Speaker 16: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: That's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 16: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 16: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 14: How's wing Stop sound christy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauted tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop Ranch, and of course spicy Cajun fried corse. I think you've heard enough, Get your flavored delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 13: Seef Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a die hard fan or a dog really care fan and we got him next time fan, or we'll never win again fan here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The Sea Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here every week fan or haven't been here in years fan, See Geek has you covered? Download does see Geek after the Sea Geek? You're a ticket the Great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 17: James right here. You're twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. If you know how much I love my Cowboys and I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fans to spice up the game. That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 6: Enter today, back.
Speaker 1: Day Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the final segment of Hanging with the Boys, Eating every Day, brought to you by Jigsaw, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. Also, I'm really bad at doing this promoting our other podcasts. Stay tuned for the Players Lounge at two o'clock to two forty five. You're welcome there we go, so question for you guys. This kind of plays into being up for Philly. This is one of those because the medium fans like to make a big deal.
Speaker 5: About everything, and I feel like I.
Speaker 3: Feel like players, most players just really Football is a job, right, It's you don't get too high, you don't get too low. Yes, there's some moments. This is probably one of those moments where the hype that we probably make it a bigger deal than they do. But this is a big deal to them, right. What about December football?
Speaker 5: Is it a lot?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 3: That's championship football. That's when you want to start winning. That's when you want to peek and all that. Do players look at it any different? Is their approach any different? Or is it one of those things like you don't even need it's just business as usual, But you know what, what's at stake?
Speaker 2: I want coach will keep it one game at a time. But they wanted to be right in December. Coach Johnson wanted to be right.
Speaker 3: Because like in the NBA, you get an extra gear right when you're getting close to playoffs.
Speaker 5: It's are in playoffs, it's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because coaches start cutting down their rosters and guys start knowing, boy, if I slip up just going into these last few games, I may cost me a playoffs playoff ross. Well, in the NFL, you know you you basically got the same thing.
Speaker 6: Going and you know who you guys.
Speaker 2: Are, but you just the top notch guys just cannot guys that got aspirations that's more than just Okay, I made it through another season.
Speaker 6: You know, it's certain guys that I didn't know how serious.
Speaker 2: Mike Emmett, Troy, Charles Haley, Eric William, Larry Allen. These guys were serious about their legacy, man, and they knew they legacy wasn't gonna carry Center Division in the first round of the playoffs. They needed victories to seement themselves as the hierarchy of the Hall of Fame. And I ain't know they thought that when I used to tell us, said, hey, man, what's your what's your goal in life?
Speaker 4: And that's what we are missing.
Speaker 6: You know, somebody that wants a legacy.
Speaker 4: They're missing the Charles Haley coming over from San fran and having two three Super Bowls already and going, I know what December means, right, that's the that's the one area where the count they've never had. I shouldn't say never in the last couple of years. Like think about it, like your leaders were Jason Witten never sept the NFC Championship game, Tony Romo, Brady James, the Marcus Ware all these guys, while they're serious about what they do, they don't have the reference to reach back and go, here's what it's supposed to look like in December. Here's what No. No, I've been a part of a team who's been there. Here's what you do different. Here's what you do different. Here is what it looks like, here's what we should be see. Once they figured it out and they got over the hump, the taste changed.
Speaker 3: So does McCarthy having been there and being such a good coach in December, does that make up for not having that player or players that haven't been No.
Speaker 4: Because McCarthy can't play, what he can give you is an understanding. He can kind of push and kind of mold his team on Hey guys.
Speaker 5: Give you the blueprint.
Speaker 4: Here's what we should be looking at, what we should be having. This guy should look like this if we're healthy. Right, But there isn't There isn't a guy on that roster that I can think about who can reach back into experience. Oh Gilmore, Yeah, Yeah, maybe Gilmour, right Gilmore. But outside of that, who else has the experience to reach back to and say, hey, guys, this is And I think Gilmore does a great job with pouring into He's a soft spoken guy, so maybe it's just his group. I don't know if he's getting in front of the whole squad and saying things because he's a man, they don't have it. He don't talk much. He's a very soft spoken dude. And maybe it's within his group of saying you know, and maybe Alice pushing it out of him and say, hey, you gotta let these guys know what it's like to get to that point, to get there, because you know, al may see it, and and Mike may see it, and even Gilly may see it. That goes, hey, we have the components. When I was in New England, there were some things that I remember from that time that looks very familiar here. I think that has been what Nate was alluding to. That has been the missing component for the Cowboys. Their roster doesn't consist of enough guys who actually understand and know what it should look, feel, sound, smell like heading into those playoffs and then once you're in there, what do we gotta do to get to that destination again?
Speaker 3: You know what we should We should probably talk about this tomorrow because this is going to be take longer.
Speaker 5: Than a minute or two, and I like, I want to know.
Speaker 3: It's kind of a spin off of that, right, Like guys that haven't been on this team. What about guys that are getting close to the end of either their career or a really long tenured run on this team. DeMarcus Lawrence comes to mind for me, Tyron Tyroing Zach, those guys knowing like this is probably my best last chance to get to.
Speaker 6: Where I want to be.
Speaker 5: Now, yeah, you could still do it in a year or two, but like what you.
Speaker 3: Have now, Like what what are those conversations being had in the locker room?
Speaker 5: Are those guys talking about it?
Speaker 3: Because you know, in their mind the clock's ticket, right, It's like, you know this could I'm getting long.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: Coach Johnson always believed in December that and this is harsh what I'm gonna say. In the most guys can't do it, and it hurts you.
Speaker 6: Care about mama daddy.
Speaker 2: So if you don't care about mama, then that falls up under the wife theory.
Speaker 6: We got four weeks here to show the world what we can do. Tell your wife will take you.
Speaker 2: We'll go on the big loan vacation, tell your mama, and then we'll get your new house.
Speaker 6: But for four weeks. It's all about us in this room. It's hard to do.
Speaker 2: It's easy to say, you know, if you spending you know, lead the clubs alone for a minute. The clubs you can you can buy the clubs after you win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: I'm serious, cause John's coming us so.
Speaker 2: Real and so hard. You know you'd be like, wow, my mom and daddy in town. I told him, you know what, y'all neither just hold on. You're the house is y'all's. But right now, I got to concentrate on what's happening. And you will kind of believe that because when you go home, you be in the office. When you kind of come there, you be in office. Now, whether he went home or not, you didn't know. But when you have not had a enough experience, like Jesse saying, now you have to put in an extra smart work. I ain't saying just watching filmily, be watching films. You're sitting up in there now you don't know what's going on, but watching what can give me an edge? Mainly watching yourself. What can I do? You know this thing of doing well, coach Belichick, that is so real. Do your job, like Jay Lou played great this last game. You know why because Jay Lou is tired of getting burnt. So now he said, I'm gonna concentrate and do my job. Well, you know what, Jay Lou, don't never get away from that. That's let's go through the whole December. Are you doing your job instead of you wandering off like you do three or four times a year and not be in the right place. See this, this this, y'all know, I love Jordan Lewis, but I know three times a year he gonna wander off the range, and all of a sudden we're gonna have a slock corner slop RECEI I'm serious, is on the line.
Speaker 6: He gonna wander off the range. But don't you can't wander off the range in December.
Speaker 4: And this also comes down to and you can say that if this was a part of what y'all did in the nineties, but you know, this is when that veteran leadership comes in the place. Like one of the reasons why I'm a little bit fan boys when it comes to the Niners, I know a group that goes y'all know what the coach had us doing. But y'all ain't going home just yet. We about to go back and here as a team and watch, like Fred Warner is saying, let's make sure we understand what our sign. Hey, look y'all, after practice is over, we're gonna be in here watching about an hour more film because I want our calls to be right when we play this team. I want us to know what we're doing. I want us to be on the same page.
Speaker 5: That's what you saw on film when you're talking about moving.
Speaker 4: Is you moving as a unit like that? Like that? That to me, I know that look. That is a look that is not coach led. That is a look that is a player led. That is saying, but that's a group that go we were this close. We've been this close for the last couple of years. We feel like we have all the right pieces. And they know, like you're talking about long in the tooth, Fred, those guys know eventually we're gonna have to start paying some more guys. I'm gonna start I'm not gonna have this. I'm not gonna have a defensive line in front of me. I ain't gonna have the secondary behind me. Debo and and Trent, they gonna be going and things you understand every single year that roster turns and guys go and get the bags. Other places injury happens. You don't those guys who have been there understand how hard it is to get back, and you don't take that for granted. There's guys in this league who are pro bowlers, hall of famers that's been there never. They're like, man, it's hard. I played in this league and not saying me, but guys are saying this league. I've been in league ten years, twelve years, and im I ain't never seen the playoffs. I've been in this league eight years, nine years. I only got one playoff appearance.
Speaker 6: Wo.
Speaker 4: It's tough to get there, so when you get there, there has to be a level. That's the sacrifice. It's a sacrifice in the beginning, but at the end is where you gotta really lock inn Go. Mama, Daddy. I know it is Christmas time. I know y'all coming in town. I know, but listen, y'all. Mama, you may come in town, Daddy, you may come in town, but I ain't going to dinner with y'all.
Speaker 6: Got this game over.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying throughout the week. Don't know, I'm not I ain't wrapping no gifts. I ain't going shopping with y'all. I ain't doing none of that. I'm gonna spend time with my team watching this film. I'm gonna come home, do what I gotta do. I'm gonna get my rest. I'm gonna do it again tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow and after that, because at the end of the day, you gotta be able to get to a place of saying we are, we are where we want to be, because when it's over, that's.
Speaker 6: It just remind me, like you said, Aaron, Hy's gonna take a hit.
Speaker 4: It's gonna take a hit this week.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 3: And if you do that, and you put the work in often enough, and you do it as a team, you one day may be.
Speaker 5: Fortunate enough to have the luxury of forgetting it. I don't remember which.
Speaker 4: Super Bowl it was.
Speaker 5: Maybe it was that year we took a year off, we had that gap. It was for Nate.
Speaker 6: Write that down.
Speaker 5: Chris, stuff date, welcome back to the show Man. It is good having you back.
Speaker 6: Good seeing you.
Speaker 5: Good stuff today, Kurt, good seeing you.
Speaker 3: Thanks for contributing today, Chris, thanks for keeping us on the air.
Speaker 5: Jazz, thanks for keeping him company.
Speaker 6: What's my man's name?
Speaker 3: Gosh gosh, thanks for keeping us on all the social channels.
Speaker 5: We'll be back tomorrow. Will actually more, brother? Will we miss you more? Eagles Cowboys?
Speaker 6: What are we doing tomorrow?
Speaker 5: Cowboys offense? Eagles defense?
Speaker 3: Let's do it. Your favorite time of the year, Eagles defense.
Speaker 6: Unless your costs got a sect last week, you go.
Speaker 3: We're talking about Fletcher Cox and Morrow Mark Cox on the show Tomorrow Boys.
Speaker 1: He has been up production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.