Speaker 1: Miligu has how to knowledge you watch league, but has how to knowledge you need.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have out of books that the whole wild world what U Readligu. Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to Malik's bookshelf, bringing a world together with books, culture and community, changing the world with one book at a time. I've done this on this episode. I've done a few interviews I wanted at the air.
Speaker 3: But I know what everybody's talking about.
Speaker 2: Everybody's talking about Hurricane Hallaane, the.
Speaker 1: Election, and always Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: You know it.
Speaker 2: He probably is the most talked about character in the world.
Speaker 1: I don't think that there's.
Speaker 2: A last name more known in the world today than Trump.
Speaker 1: It's incredible to watch over these years just all that has happened.
Speaker 2: We're talking impeach me, We're talking about trials, We're talking about a number of issues that have plagged and has handicapped Trump.
Speaker 3: They've tried to throw them in jail.
Speaker 2: They've tried that Russian propaganda, the Russian Gate, where they trumped up.
Speaker 1: Charges that he was working with the Russians.
Speaker 2: They spent probably fifty sixty seventy one hundred million dollars trying to make this case and that didn't work.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've never seen a man more.
Speaker 2: Viserted and tried to annihilate in the media than any other part. I thought, you know, Milcael, Max Martin, Luther King, Lewis, Ferri Khan, Elijah Muhammad, the corn Tail pro program with Jago Hoover.
Speaker 1: And all the FBI cointail programs that tried to undermine them. I thought that that was worse. I'm be honest, I've.
Speaker 2: Never seen a white being there be more persecuted than Donald Trump in my lifetime. No have I ever read any other figure that has been more persecuted than Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm not trying to defend.
Speaker 2: I mean, people love him, people hate him. He's probably the most loved white man in America, and he's also the most hated white man probably in America.
Speaker 1: If not the world.
Speaker 2: There's a ninety eight percent of all the negative coverage, all the information when they talk about Trump is ninety eight percent.
Speaker 1: I saw the Harvard Poles and all.
Speaker 3: These other poles.
Speaker 2: They say ninety eight percent of all the coverage on Donald Trump is negative.
Speaker 1: Negative.
Speaker 3: He has been convicted in a court of law in New.
Speaker 2: York, and anytime anybody embraces Trump, they're persecuted, they're shamed that. You know, it's a lot so when they survey in, they don't want to tell you that they with Trump. They don't want to tell you that they're gonna vote for them, They're gonna vote their economy. They don't want to tell you that some of the issues that they stand with Trump, they don't want to tell you that they agree. Like I talk to a lot of black people right not about Trump, but about the word success. Like, I don't know too many people that I've come across that has created a real estate being their empire as well as a social media being their business. You throw Trump off the social media, he creates his own social media, and it's evaluation of his social media truth.
Speaker 1: Social is in the beings now.
Speaker 2: To me, you gotta study that success because it's a lot of people who has thrown off social media. Aleix Jones, Farry Kahn, a whole lot of people, and they eat built no social.
Speaker 1: Media platform, no media outlet to get their voice and their message and their word out.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm afraid about this freedom of speech because I think it's an assault on freedom of speech. We don't have to like what you say. Like, if you don't like what I'm saying, you could turn the channel. But to say I shouldn't have a right to say it, I think it's just our right wrong censorship. I don't believe in censorship. I believe in age appropriate reading or things you know, But I don't believe that you should be censoring people because you don't like what they say. There's a lot of stuff I don't like being said, but that doesn't mean I just turned the channel, or change or change the book. Why sit there and try to persecute people, shame people for how they.
Speaker 3: Think they want to.
Speaker 2: I do believe there's a movement here just trying to silence people who think different and think out the box.
Speaker 1: There never would have been a Martin.
Speaker 2: Luther King, there never would have been milcaelm X, there never would have been anybody who stands up for justice.
Speaker 1: If you silence free.
Speaker 2: That's the bedrock principle, the First Amendment rights, the Bill of Rights in America.
Speaker 1: To me, that's what make America different.
Speaker 2: From any other nation on the planet. The right to say what you believe and think. And I'm not saying that there's not consequences because you know that's being unrealistic. But what I'm saying is you should have a right to say it, and like freedom doesn't happen without consequences. I'm not saying that there's no consequence for saying certain things. There are limits, but you should be allowed to say it and not be censored because you don't like what a person say.
Speaker 1: That's a difference like this, ain't.
Speaker 2: Yelling fire in a theater and causing a riot and people get hurt. You know, yeah, that's a you know you the free speech don't protect that. No, these people who want to go on college cap and just speak, you know that, people who disagree with climate change and you being silenced because they don't want you to speak your mind and your.
Speaker 3: Heart about that.
Speaker 2: There are people we'll get certain things about abortion and a being attacked for speaking in mind that people think different.
Speaker 1: About the war in Israel, the war in Russia.
Speaker 2: But if you think different, what happens is you'll persecutre There people who think certain things, believe in reparations.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't you have a right to talk about it.
Speaker 2: You don't have to agree with it, but you can't say America and I did episode on reparation. Man, This in the eighty something trillion dollars is what they calculate from all the horrific attacks and murders and rapes and oppression that has taken place for centuries in America, and the Constitution reduced black people to property knowing that they knew we were human beings, and they want to act as though the diamagions that was done.
Speaker 1: You know, it's not violid. You know, there's no statute of limitation on rape, on murder, on murder, onslavement. There's no stat limitation. You did what you did.
Speaker 2: And free education and free health care is not payment for generational destruction. We have to have generational change for enough to improve the quality of life of black people and the former enslavers and slaves of America. And that's a legitimate conversation that needs to be had, whether you agree with it or not. But it's not a looney tune subject.
Speaker 1: No, there there.
Speaker 3: It is a.
Speaker 1: Concrete fact that.
Speaker 2: Enslaving occurred in America and that black people was oppressed and a slave for centuries and murdered and raped and oppressed. So this is a legitimate legal conversation in time is not going to erase that fact. You can try to erase, but it ain't all right. And there are people suffering in America. Traumatic slavery syndrome exists, just like the same trauma that exists when people go to war and people are suffering, We have trauma. A lot of Black people are still suffering from trauma. You know, when PDD beat Cassie, that's traumatic slavery being passed on. You don't beat down no woman like that, But that's how black people was beat down, and our women was beat down doing slavery.
Speaker 1: The slave master beat our.
Speaker 2: Women like that in front of the men, and a lot of men think that that's the way to deal with that woman and control that woman. Just because a lot of this domestic violence just happening all across in the black community.
Speaker 1: There's a lot has to do with trauma from slavery.
Speaker 2: People snapping ingrams, thing impediments keeping us from change, and it has to be addressed. These are a lot of terminal mental issues that have to be addressed that are not being and it's all over this country. And all I'm saying, I'm not excusing Big B Diddy, but what I'm saying is is the actors though the effects of slavery from generation the generation telling black people there nothing, ain't gonna never do nothing, ain't gonna never be nothing, And all you're supposed to do is take this black job we created, which is digging it, shoveling shit, picking up garbage that you can't be. You know, That's what when Obama won president, that's why that was so important because it showed black people you don't have to do all those set aside black jobs that are in America. You can be something different. You could be the doctor, you can be the engineer. You could be the President of America. You could be you know, the person who's over all the museums and the arch You can be over telecommunicator, you could be a CEO.
Speaker 1: You could be all those great things in America.
Speaker 2: And you don't have to be just a trash truck driver and shoveling shit and picking up cotton and all the the jobs that nobody want to do. You know, like at these filtering plays, you know people have to jump in the shit and fix a lot of those filtering places where all the sanitizer, all the ways go to. You don't have to do all that you could do other things. And I think that that's a conversation that gotta be had, not not have, because people tend to think that all we bent over backwards for these black folks and they still complaining, you ain't white.
Speaker 1: America ain't been over backwards for no man.
Speaker 2: Black people are resilient and with black excellence is occur because of all the sacrifices that we made. No matter what obstacles that were put in our way.
Speaker 1: We over We did what we.
Speaker 4: Needed to do to become that lawyer in that doctor, despite like in the aerospace hidden figures, despite Katherine Johnson, the human computer people going wanted to work on IBM machines.
Speaker 1: I know the history. I'm a bookstore. We are resilience Black people, and we are stepped up. We have forged through.
Speaker 3: The oppression and the raciystem.
Speaker 1: And they write books about how we.
Speaker 2: Find joy black joy despite everything that we've been through.
Speaker 3: And all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Is is the topics of the day are voting and voting got power.
Speaker 1: The only gonna get that twisted.
Speaker 2: Now, that's why they spend a lot of money, people trying to control the flow of money.
Speaker 1: The cold flow of these contracts.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of money involved, it's a lot of power involved.
Speaker 1: But black folks typically.
Speaker 2: We don't know who really to vote for because they use our vote to elect their officials and they do very little for us. And that's why it's disheartening because we don't seem to make progress that we vote. We got more politicians in America than any other culture, ethnicity, or group, and yet over ten thousand black politicians and yet nothing has changed. And that's been going on since nineteen sixties.
Speaker 1: So what's the problem. The problem is there is no black agenda, There is no real help.
Speaker 2: They dangle what they want to do, but don't do once we vote them in power.
Speaker 1: It's a problem.
Speaker 2: I think all black people should be independent. Make people do for us to get our vote. We should be independent. I'm not saying don't vote, but we need to learn how to vote. We need to learn that that that we can have so much more and do so much more. So we gotta work on. Okay, let me get back to this. I'm talking to black male were taxing.
Speaker 3: Were talking. He has his own little radio program as.
Speaker 2: Well, and we're talking about the meaning of success, all right, and I just said, listen, man. The basic definition is what Webster says to a com it's your goal. If I set out to win the United States presidency and I win, that's success.
Speaker 3: Now if I set out.
Speaker 1: To create a being their company and I do it.
Speaker 3: That's success.
Speaker 2: And if I create too being their companies, that's double success. And I said that the brother, how do you define success? And he went off to tell me it's based upon mals and ethics, And I said, brother, that's not the dictionary.
Speaker 1: It's just the compass of goal. If America set out to build a new world, did they do it? Yes? Did they enslave people to do it? Yet?
Speaker 2: Did they commit genocide on the Yes? But that don't have nothing to do with the fact.
Speaker 1: That's more ethic.
Speaker 2: That's some methodology and tactics and strategies that they used that allowed them to be successful. But they are successful regardless of the oppression, regardless of the murders and the rape and the slave and the genocide of the Indians. They America, the new world was built, and the greatest nation on the planet was a stop of the United States of America, the biggest economy in the world.
Speaker 3: The.
Speaker 2: Most cherished nation on the planet, got more nuclear weapons, more technological advantages. Just you know, hey, we could debate morality, we could debate ethics, but that don't have nothing to do with if you successful or not.
Speaker 3: The worst success.
Speaker 2: Simply means the accomplished gold and they don't talk about the tactics and the strategies that you implement.
Speaker 1: And they might be horrifying, and they are.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, you can't tell me Donald Trump is not successful.
Speaker 1: I don't care how much you hate them.
Speaker 2: This dude built to being their companies, a real estate empire being their company, and a true social media that's success.
Speaker 1: Whether you like it or not, that's success and that need to be study.
Speaker 2: Because he didn't complain about being thrown off of social media.
Speaker 1: He created his own. I respect that. I don't have to agree with him in every element. But the man is successful.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be studied both in the political, business and marketing world, probably for centuries because he's.
Speaker 3: Like an anominee outlier.
Speaker 1: I mean, the man is a winner.
Speaker 2: And the reality is that we have to study success, whether we like the methods or not.
Speaker 1: The thing is that's how you learn. You learn through your failures and you learn through.
Speaker 2: People winning and accomplishing and evolving into what we consider success.
Speaker 1: You gotta study that.
Speaker 2: Sitting around here, I'm debating him on whether or not Trump is success. I said, man, listen, I'm not gonna be deceived. You don't get to where you got. That man smarter than me, ain't even put together.
Speaker 1: I ain't no being there.
Speaker 2: All I'm saying is he is. You can't be stupid and be that successful, all right. No one gets to the levels they got and say they're stupid.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: You got to be have some measure of intelligence, can't.
Speaker 2: You don't have to agree with with his method, but the point is you can't say the man not successful.
Speaker 1: That's the point you're deceiving yourself.
Speaker 2: And that's called deception intelligence when you deceive your own self to rationalize your belief. And that's what a lot of people are doing because they basing it on emotion and not actual fight.
Speaker 1: It's a fight the man is a being there. It's a fight that he created to be in their companies.
Speaker 2: It's a fight that the man ain't stupid. It's a fight that he's highly intelligent. Whether you agree with him or not. It's a fight that the dude has charisma. Otherwise, how could you get hundreds of thousands of people to come out.
Speaker 1: And listen to him?
Speaker 2: All Right, you could say that he's off script and all that. The point is the man is entertaining. People come out.
Speaker 1: They love him. He's the most loved.
Speaker 2: Person in American also probably the most hated in America, if not the world.
Speaker 1: His name is recognized all over the world. And I'm just.
Speaker 2: Calling a spade a spade. I'm not trying to defend them. I don't have to defend him. He could defend his own stuff. He do quite well at that. But the point I'm talking about is the man is successful, and I'm not here to sit here and say he not.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna drink that kool aid and deceive myself.
Speaker 2: I know what success is, and there are a lot of things in America that are successful that I don't agree with, but they're successful at it. You know, the aerospace industry, well, the well, I mean, the military industrial complict is second to none in the world. But you know, I don't agree with all these weapons of mass destruction because people don't build these weapons, not the intend to use them if they have to.
Speaker 3: So I'm concerned about that.
Speaker 2: That's why I think last week I said what's more likely to kill humanity, climate change or nuclear weapons? I think nuclear weapons.
Speaker 1: I think that humanity has shown.
Speaker 2: Us that debauchery and the treachery and the onslaught and the wickedness and the chicanery that they will do in order to maintain power. History has shown us that through the wars and through slaughter, I mean, the brutality then I've witnessed from humanity, you know, is second to none. And all I'm saying, I think is likely that the Earth will be destroyed by nuclear before climate can change.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can wait around and.
Speaker 2: Think that the existential threat to humanity is climate control.
Speaker 3: Over all these.
Speaker 2: New weapons, man, you know that you go again drinking that kool aid, drinking that kool aid.
Speaker 1: They're you know, they are severe wars.
Speaker 2: Russia's threatened to use in this proxy war where Ukraine. America's over there fighting Russia through Ukraine. They threatened if they do certain things that they gonna.
Speaker 1: Use nuclear weapons.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, they ain't build these weapons just for deterrent. They built them that they would use them. And all I'm saying is is I am not gonna drink that kool aid and think that something's gonna take another hundred to a thousand years to affect humanity on the Earth like climate could change? Is gonna destroy your manity? Before these weapons are mass extracting the human beings, have they have done acts of brutality, like slavery, like wars, Come on man. Leaders of this world have no problem trying to maintain power, and they would draw bombs on.
Speaker 1: People in order to to do it.
Speaker 2: Hiroshima Knakasaki, two atomic bombs dropped on civilians. All right, People said, oh, well, we would have lost more. Look at the rationalize. We would have lost more trying to go and do a land invasion, So we just dropped the bombs of terror and then get them to.
Speaker 3: Surrender. See the rationale.
Speaker 2: See that that they terrorized them, that's terror. The America dropped two nuclear bombs on the Japanese. And don't ever think they're gonna forget that you dropped them on civilians. And yet they justified, they rationalized, they would rationalize using these weapons.
Speaker 3: So don't be.
Speaker 2: Fooled that that's what is a threat to humanity before climate change and making life hard by making everything electric and we don't even have electric grid power going out mentally apolergies one out the.
Speaker 3: Other day for ours.
Speaker 2: So we got some serious issues to solve and we need to get to it. But anyway, this election is coming up. Vote your conscious, don't be shamed, and.
Speaker 3: Vote who you think.
Speaker 2: Uh they want somebody else want you to vote for. You vote for who you think is best for your site.
Speaker 3: But study the facts.
Speaker 1: Once again, don't be shamed. All these.
Speaker 2: People try to put pressure on you to vote for that candidate. But you vote for a person by studying the facts and what can and what can.
Speaker 3: Benefit you the most.
Speaker 2: Like I said, neither party has done much for black people, for Black America. They just use us as cannon fire to get into power and they don't do much. And I don't and I don't expect that to change. But h but generally, uh, there might be some perks there might come out of this. If you vote for the right person, there might be some benefits. I know one thing.
Speaker 1: I'm reminded of this system.
Speaker 2: Every time I go to the grocery, story time I go to the supermarket, I'm reminded of bidynomics. Bidynomics is a A is an inflation buster, which is a which destroys countries and dissolves people's wealth. This inflation in a Maria, it costs around twenty eight thousand dollars that had the same lifestyle that did three years ago. So if you want more of that, you know who to vote for. If you want less of that, you know who to vote for. Because you can't say when Trump was in office that inflation was low and his tricker down economics where businesses received tax breaks and they created more jobs and expand their business brand and things like that didn't benefit America and people at that time. You know, people say trigger now don't work. Well, we got Reagan and we got Trump to show.
Speaker 3: That it does.
Speaker 2: And that tax cut it helped a lot. You could disagree with it, but the point is it helped a lot. Trump using terms as a negotiation tactic helped. I mean he got a business mind. I mean unlike most politicians. All they are as lawyers and prosecutors, they don't have no business mind.
Speaker 1: They try to surround themselves.
Speaker 2: With these people, but a lot of these people they don't even have businesses themselves. They theorized on economics. They theorize, Well, we have actual facts that when Reagan was in office to help bring America out of his bad situation with Jimmy Carter, and when Trump was in office, the economy was on fire.
Speaker 1: You know, he said, drill, baby, drill. Well you know what, let's drill.
Speaker 2: Let's create these jobs, let's bring these taxes down, let's go. I want to see America's thrive and America thrive, Americans thrive, and America thrive, and.
Speaker 1: So let's go. Drill, baby, drill.
Speaker 2: I'm all for it. I'm not against that. Just do it safe and not reckless, you know, And I think that could be done.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: So anyway, vote who you think, so vote your conscious, vote who you think is your best candidate. But there would be no great white hope. None that is never going to happen. There is no white savior. If you want to save yourself, that means you gotta do the work. You gotta study, sacrifice, do the work. Change happened when you change your thoughts. There are plenty books out here to help you change your thoughts, change the way you see things, and help you.
Speaker 1: To be successful. But there would be no great white hope being voted in.
Speaker 2: That is not how change your curs. That is not how power transforms. That is not how all the problems that are affecting underserved communities across the nation, particularly Black communities. That is not how change is going to be lasting. No politician is going to be able to do for you what you can do for yourself, So there would.
Speaker 1: Be no You're not voting for no great white hope.
Speaker 2: You're voting for some policy changes that might help you and your daily lives, but the major.
Speaker 3: Changes you got to do the work. You got to do the work.
Speaker 1: We have to make a generational change, and we have to do it.
Speaker 3: No one else can do it.
Speaker 2: So don't be deceived thinking that just because you vote that all of a sudden, overnight, you're gonna see drastic changes in your communities. Nah, I don't expect that. That's unrealistic. You know, we ain't get here overnight, and it ain't gonna change overnight. But if black people unite and pull money together, we can get some lasting change, some institutional changes, and we can change our community forever.
Speaker 3: But we gotta unite in.
Speaker 2: The community, pull our money together. Twenty dollars a day forty million black people. That's what one point six billion, okay, every month if we gave twenty dollars, if we throw away one point six billion every month with forty million black people, Man, how much good in the hood can that do?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: That's lineh changing the stuff that we can do. Yes, I hope you enjoy my thoughts.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Identity politics, that's what's this election is all about. That's the number one thing that it's being targeted in the black community. The fact that Kamala Harris is a black woman and all black.
Speaker 3: People should just vote for it because she's black.
Speaker 2: That's identity politics, and that's what this election is all about. But it ain't about the policies, it ain't about the issues before us.
Speaker 3: But it's all about the skin color.
Speaker 2: And I remember black people lined it up by the thousands and millions and voted for Obama just because he was a black man. And I think that a lot of white people vote for white people just because they're white, regardless of their policies and issues. But this election is shaping up to be identity politics, and that's the reality. People can say what they wanna say, but we all know that they're telling us to vote for Kamala just because we're black.
Speaker 3: They're telling black men.
Speaker 2: Obama went out and did a scolding to black men about if you not voting for Kamala, had you misogynists? So he went out there to shame black men, and that's been on the news reel for a few days now about people's thoughts about what Obama did. I mean basically saying that he offered no policies whatsoever. All he did was focused on the skin color. But yet they don't never want to do nothing to appease black people because of us being black, meaning that they're specific groups that Biden's administry had focused on specifically and did things for. But when it comes to just specifically doing the black something for black people, our statistics in America is different from other races and cultes, and we seem to be on the bottom of test scores, the bottom of getting resources, in the bottom of poor health.
Speaker 3: So we gotta be singled off.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be healed some of these problems that we suffer from in these communities all across America. So yeah, I think the president should focus on certain things specific for black people. The income and wealth gap, is huge. Black people are learning trying to level up. Well, it's gonna take some direct targeting. Our emissions in the colleges across America are low, our incarceration rates are high. So yeah, we're gonna have to single out black people do address single handling some of these problems back.
Speaker 3: But there is no no great way hope. There is no great Black hope.
Speaker 2: Neither one of them is going to be a miracle maker. But identity politics, they play the rights card, They play to our emotions and try to appease. But on the terms of the issues, well, you have to decide for yourself with issues that matter the most. I think people are gonna vote. They can say they're gonna vote their conscience. No, I think they're gonna vote their purse. I think they're gonna vote economically. Right now, every time you buy gas and go to the polls, you're reminded of Bynomics in this administration. They can try to massage the reasons why it's happened, but a lot of people are gonna atone death. So I think people are gonna vote economy, and that means they're gonna vote for a different administration. That's what I think and but you gotta decide for yourself what's important for you and what's best for you. But I think just not you, but for the community at large and for America at large, we need to consider because we're more than just individuals.
Speaker 3: We are a community and we are a nation.
Speaker 2: But identity politics, it seemed like that's the only card they plan. They want black people just to vote for Kamala Harry just because she's black, don't matter what her policies are, don't matter what she stands for. She's trying to make an effort in these lot of days doing more interviews, but I think she made a used mistake. You have to get out here and express yourself. You can't run on just hating Trump and they should vote for me. Trump is also, like I said earlier, is popular and he also is most hated. But you know, they gotten away with a vote. This is a vote against Trump, and it has worked. But I don't think that's gonna work this time. Why because people are hurting, and people are reminded of that every time they go to the gas to fill up their cars with gas and every time they.
Speaker 3: Go to the grocery store.
Speaker 2: So people can compare Trump's administration and economy with this present one, and people feel a certain way and they expressing it. So just hating the tr hating Trump is not enough because he's the most loved kind candidate.
Speaker 3: And he's also the most hated, so that it is what it is.
Speaker 2: But this this election has been all about p identity politics. Vote for someone just because of the color of the skin, not because of the character and content of.
Speaker 3: Their information and policies, you know.
Speaker 2: So I don't think that as a nation we should move based upon I definitely believe that black people have to have their own agenda, have to have their own policies that they we have to push in order to change some of the problems that plague us. We have to be specific and but at the same time, it has the benefit of America. And I think that a educated black man and woman benefits of America. I think a a person who doesn't suffer from trauma, a black person that doesn't suffer from trauma or teenage pregnancy.
Speaker 3: Or suffers from drugs benefits of America.
Speaker 2: I think a black person that goes to it, gets higher education and gets a great job benefits of America.
Speaker 3: So I see that improving.
Speaker 2: The quality of life of black people and richest America as well.
Speaker 3: So they run hand in hand. Hope you enjoy the episode.
Speaker 2: Well, well, well it's coming up November fifth, the big election.
Speaker 3: Who's going to win?
Speaker 2: The opposer tight? They say this is the c one of the closest elections ever. Well, I guess we're gonna have to wait to November fifth to find out.
Speaker 1: But I know one thing.
Speaker 2: People say, if you're not registered, you need to be registered and vote your conscious But I'll say this is that, no, the issues, the issues.
Speaker 3: There are many, There are many.
Speaker 2: People say this is an existential threat to democracy this upcoming election.
Speaker 1: I don't buy that, but I do know that.
Speaker 2: Rome was destroyed from within, and little by little certain things in America have been changing, and as rolling, the democracy within America has come a long way. I'll talk to one of my beloved friends and he and he brought up a question.
Speaker 1: It was, you know, is America racist?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Some believe that it is, some believe that it's not. We know in the past it was without a shadow of a doubt. The question is is it still racist today? So we talked deeply about that and I'll say this is that you're able to regardless of race and creed or sex. There are laws in place that stop people from discriminating.
Speaker 1: It don't mean that there's no gaps to loopholes that people find to.
Speaker 2: Literally continue to be discriminated and racist towards race, creed, color, religion or whatever. But for the most part, you could be Hispanic and become wealthy in its cud. You could be black man and woman and become wealthy in it's gun from rags the riches.
Speaker 3: I've seen it. I've witnessed it.
Speaker 2: People can be born with nothing and be innovative and become rich and famous. This country has many people who would had little at birth and grew up with terrible cards that was dealt with in their life and are.
Speaker 1: Famous and wealthy. And so does that say that America is not racist, don't discriminate.
Speaker 2: I don't think that eliminates that, But I do say that people are more educated, more knowledgeable, and that they know how to work around or get pasted, you know, like the sat score.
Speaker 1: You know it was coachurally and RACI culturally biased, they say, some say racist, but.
Speaker 2: Blacks have found a way to not allow that sat to stop them from getting into the major universities and graduate. So I think people are more resourceful, more knowledgeable. You can read and write, so people have found ways to work around pitfalls that might be put in place to discriminate or separate. But that's the name of the game man education. For a lack of knowledge, my people are destroyed. When you have knowledge, you can have more opportunities. And in America, if you have knowledge, wisdom, and understanding, there are tremendous amount of opportunities, and Blacks have taken advantage of it. We have a lot of wealthy and famous people who were born with little or nothing. Whites, the same, Hispanics, the same other ethnicity, Asians, Jewish people have made a landmark in this country. Regardless of certain laws that might be discriminating or racist, people have been able to enjoy what they call the American dream. People have come from all over this world immigrants and they have become successful in this nation because of America has changed a lot. It's not like it was in the sixties. It's not the kind of country it was in the sixties with Jim Crow. Without a country, when there wasn't no civil rights.
Speaker 3: You couldn't vote and.
Speaker 1: Things like that.
Speaker 2: This country has come a long long way and we have to acknowledge that is it.
Speaker 1: Where it should be? Are there other issues that.
Speaker 2: Could be changed or improved the punt, Yes, but it's come a long way and people have.
Speaker 1: Died in sacrifice to get it to this place.
Speaker 2: And some of those freedoms that we're taking forgot, like freedom of speech, First Amendment, they're being attacked.
Speaker 1: But a lot of.
Speaker 2: People think I don't think that they're aware that it's a lot of Democrats that are of challenging First Amendment in people's the Bill of rights. People think that it's just you know, these white supremacists in America. No, these people in suits and ties and they're challenging free speech. The beauty of free speeches is what has caused America to be one of the greatest nations to live in. People are killed outright for saying things against their government. In this nation, you're allowed to say things against it's the government.
Speaker 1: That don't mean you're not gonna be without consequences.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying is in most cases you're not shot out there, dragged.
Speaker 1: Out in the middle, or not out of your house.
Speaker 2: And lynched and in prison because you say something you know, against the government. But that's the thing about America, that's the saving grace, that's what separate America from these banana republics. So we need to be careful about empowering some of these entities in America that want to erode the very thing that allows America to be different than most of these nations around the planet. Like I say, the changes that have come about in America are a result of people protesting, people standing up the freedom of pressed. But those things are being challenged today because of not just white suprint but very rich and wealthy people are buying up these entities and are controlling social media and controlling the flow of information and controlling how people think because they want us to think a certain way.
Speaker 1: So it ain't just the one that's poor.
Speaker 2: Al RIGHTY tell you they're a white supremacist, but they are people in suits and ties that are also white supremacists, that are deceivers, and they are trying to manipulate us into believing that they are friends, but in reality they're trying to establish in the back and take away some of our freedoms because they feel threatened because people can be empowered or people can rise up, you know.
Speaker 1: From nothing to become influential and famous.
Speaker 2: So know that the devil comes in all shape, sizes and forms and skin colors and genders and what have you. And it ain't just one particular type that you might think there's racist or evil, but they come in all shapes and sizes, So just be on alert. Don't limit your perspective on terms of certain people who pray off of people's ignorance and don't have and these people who don't have no empathy and don't care nothing but having power and manipulating the masses to keep their power.
Speaker 3: So don't be fooled.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening to Malak's Bookshelf, where topics on the shelf are books, culture, and community. Be sure to subscribe and leave me a review. Check out my Instagram at Malak Books. See you next time,