Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast.
Speaker 2: Center, jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong and Jackie and He.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: Minneapolis, part In, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Phoenix, Newark, Sunrise, Florida, Austin, Chicago, Atlanta, Belmont, Long Island, Philadelphia, New York, Brooklyn, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Boston, and Washington, d C.
Speaker 4: The East Street Band is coming your way, and we are bringing hope over fear, democracy over saritarianism, the rule of law over lawlessness, ethics over unbridled corruption, unity over division, and peace.
Speaker 2: Over Are you gonna play any music?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So that's Bruce Springsteen announcing him and the East Street Band are going to tour the United States a bunch of angry eighty year olds. But if you were bringing like all the greatest hits of Bruce Springsteen in the Eastreet Band, I'd be really excited. If you're bringing speeches of freedom over fear or whatever, I'm not interested. I will pay a lot of money to not have to go to that. Yeah, no kidding, what's the ticket price? I'll pay you that if you'll stay away.
Speaker 2: From me, and we're both huge Bruce fans as a songwriter and musician, but more than I've ever been.
Speaker 1: I did such a deep dive on him and listened to his autobiography, got into a lot of his old stuff and rarity clips that he's been putting on albums. He is underrated and he's pretty highly rated. Yeah, agreed, he is freaking unbelievable. But he went off the rails politically and he cares more about that now than music, which I guess is the old man disease or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know. That's a hell of a promotion of your tour, no kidding, And you know it's funny. Hanson was describing the video of that as they're all staring in the camera like a gang. What are you gonna hit me with your walker?
Speaker 1: It's gotta be like you don't get that much enjoyment out of the music thing anymore, Yeah, or something, because like Eric Clapton, I just actually came across this yesterday by accident, because I was gonna find an old Clapton song to play for my son, who's taken guitar lessons. One of my favorite Clapton solos of all time and his most recent album, which is mostly his anger about COVID restrictions. It's like it's like he gave up on wanting to be a rock star or a blues legend and cat like COVID restrictions.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, he's done that, he's checked that box. And I get as a human being being rescless to move on to your next chapter and to have renewed purpose. I mean, Bruce and Clapton don't need more money, they don't need more adoration. That they're looking for satisfaction. I get that. On the other hand, it ruins that other thing that got you in front of me, and so go away. I don't want to hear it, COVID restrictions. I'm with there on that too.
Speaker 1: Any Who, this is good news. This is breaking news. The Olympic Committee has made a big announcement. You know, the next Summer Olympics is in Los Angeles. It's the United States in LA. Twenty twenty eight Summer Games. Ain't gonna be no trans women playing though they have been banned.
Speaker 2: What do you mean? Men?
Speaker 1: Transgender women athletes are now excluded for the Olympics after the IOC agreed to a new eligibility policy just a couple of hours ago that audio ens with men. That aligns with what US President Donald Trump wanted and his executive order on women's sports. And they actually say at one point keep this in mind California high schools. There are lots of high schools around the country actually, according to the IOC, and they're corrupt and they're socialists and all kinds of things to not like. Also with three heads, what they said, the eligibility policy that will apply from the LA Olympics protects fairness, safety, and integrity in the female category.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, good for you. Yep, good for you. Love that. Oh. One other note from the world of sports. Well done, Michael. We were talking about the first Major League Baseball game of the year. It was last night Giants and Yankees, and how the Netflix broadcast, yes it was on Netflix, was so weird because there's like an internet show or an interview show rather with a baseball game in the background for a significant part. A good friend with ties to Major League baseball just pointed out that they missed the first ball strike challenge in Major League history. So they were talking because they didn't realize it was happening. And cut to a live interview with a manager in the dugout, which is always stupid anyway.
Speaker 1: They must have decided that baseball, the actual game, is too boring, and so we need to get you know, former stars up here in the booth and interview them and go down and talk to players on the field, but.
Speaker 2: And pro wrestlers too. The whole broadcast was like a hyper teen TikTok dream.
Speaker 1: In other sports news, we didn't give this enough shrift the other day when we had the headline from the World of Professional Cornhole.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, quadruple this head is now we're on the major sports Good This is one of the great headlines of all time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, quadruple amputee Comma pro corn hole player allegedly shot and killed acquaintance during argument, then drove off with the body.
Speaker 2: Holy cow, you want to talk about more questions than answers. Where do you? Where do you go in order or like or order of importance? Or do you start with the cornhole or the murder? It's up to you.
Speaker 1: He's twenty seven years old. I've seen the videos of him playing corn hole. Oh you have yeah, okay, he got no legs or arms.
Speaker 2: Clearly get to how he hurls the bag.
Speaker 1: Who's the Southern comedian with the podcast Theovon. Theovon has got a bit about uh kiddy new in high school who used to win all these fights and he didn't have any arms, and I know, and he always says, I'm not kidding, zero arms.
Speaker 2: That was a funny line.
Speaker 1: But this guy's got zero arms and legs, but he's got he's got arms down to like just past his shoulders. He's got enough to like put the bean bag on there, and he hurls it toward the thing, and he's really good at get.
Speaker 2: It in the right spot. They are I believe the board's twenty nine feet apart. That's quite a hurl, yeah, and he can do it resourceful, evidently quick to anger, however, which brings us back to the whole Well murder. He'd been thriving as a professional cornhole player, getting a lot of attention because of the fact that he's a quaded group of amputee and had posted a lot of videos of firing handguns. That's another thing he manages to do with with barely any arms and no legs. So he's into shooting guns anyway.
Speaker 1: He was driving three pals in his Tesla SUV during a late night joy ride in Maryland Sunday when he got into a heated argument with his front passenger. So the guy sitting next to you, M, no, we're not playing that song again, just we played it five times in a row or whatever it was. The argument turned violent, and he allegedly shot and killed the dude sitting next to him, and then he kept driving with the body and then eventually dumped it somewhere.
Speaker 2: Wow, well he must have color that song. Yeah, I don't really I'm tired of about but yeah, well that is a colorful human being right there.
Speaker 1: God, And he had overcome so much and now he's going to spend the rest of his life in prisons, which will not be an easy thing, I assume not unless he gets a cornhole league going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a professional athlete, I've got a car, I got friends in spite of my handicaps.
Speaker 1: But man, do I have a temper. Yeah, there's got to be something. There's got to be a documentary there with this guy's life. I mean, all the things he had to overcome, just period, without ever being a cornhole champion, just getting through life to age twenty seven.
Speaker 2: And I'm not talking about like a crappy dateline documentary. I want ken Burns involved, right, six parts, at least six parts with famous actors doing voiceovers exactly Tom Hanks explaining, and then I lost my other arm. Do we have any idea how he came to be in the state he's in. I mean, it's none of my business, but.
Speaker 1: It appears to be birth defect.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, but I don't know that. Wow, Wow, I don't know. Maybe he fought an alligator. I mean, he's got a temper problem, fought it unsuccessfully. That depends how you look at it. I guess.
Speaker 1: Moving along, So Trump said some stuff just now about Iran in a big cabinet meeting and other stuff on the way.
Speaker 2: Stay here.
Speaker 5: They are negotiating, by the way, and they want to make a deal so badly, but they're afraid to say it because they figured they'll be.
Speaker 2: Killed by their own people. They're also afraid they'll be killed by us.
Speaker 5: There's never been ahead of a country it wanted that job less than being the head of Iran.
Speaker 2: I don't want it. Well, listen to some of the things they say. We have very clearly. They say, I don't want it.
Speaker 5: You'd like to make you the next Supreme leader.
Speaker 2: No, thank you, I don't want it.
Speaker 1: So that's a live event yesterday.
Speaker 2: That was Trump.
Speaker 1: But he just had a cabinet meeting, you know where. He's sitting there at the long table and he's got Marco on one side and Pete on the other. He said, some danged interesting things. Just roll onto the next one, Michael.
Speaker 6: But they say, oh, we're not talking to him. Anybody would know that time, and only a total friend. They're our fools. They're very smart actually in a certain way. And they're great negotiators. I say they're lousy fighters, but they're great negotiators, and they're big into work out a deal. I don't know if we'll be able to do that. I don't know if we're willing to do that. They should have done that four weeks ago. They should have done it years ago.
Speaker 2: I had a friend who was Iranian American and he talked very frankly about it, that it's part of the culture to be a brutal, no holds barred negotiator. It's admired there. It's not bullying or cheating or anything. No that's that's that's what you're supposed to be good at.
Speaker 1: Well. Cultural for the other guy, cultural differences are interesting. So like if we use this example yesterday, like you're trying to sell a car, and a guy's opening bit is not only am I not going to pay you forty thousand dollars for your car, You're gonna pay me a couple of hundred dollars and I get the car. And you'd think you're a crazy person, but you're saying, culturally, they go really.
Speaker 2: Really hard, right, that's right, just part of the way you do it. So we would be shocked. And if you said you're not arguing, you're not bargaining in good faith, they would they would say, could be in a baby. Okay, well the game is played.
Speaker 1: Well that's worth knowing that because they're opening gambit of the United States has to pay reparations for everything.
Speaker 2: They mommed. I mean that's silly, but that's just the way paying you five hundred dollars to take my car. Right, This is a good point Trump makes next.
Speaker 6: And you know that because why did they shoot all these countries that weren't even really involved with them? They weren't involved, They had no big problems because they're sick, because they want to take over the Middle East, not just Israel. Certainly Israel would have been the first on the list. They would have used nuclear weapons. A nuclear you don't need too many of them, but they would have used a nuclear weapon on Israel, and they would have used it on the other in the neighbors, and then they would have come after us, and we had a week president. They would have done great damage. But fortunately you don't have a week president and I knew what was happening.
Speaker 1: Boy, there's one of the great counter history or whatever you call that, of all time. If Kamala had won four years, does Iran get into Yes, Horan probably.
Speaker 2: Gets a new nuke and then what do they do with it? Did they use it? Hey, let me let me dovetail off that real quickly. Why do they shoot at neighbors? They're sick, They would have used nukes, et cetera. Michael, give me fifty six. This is back to Lenin to Cyba again. She's the foreign minister from the UAE on special report with Brett Bear last night.
Speaker 7: Why diplomat diplomacy hasn't worked. They told us they didn't have a nuclear enrichment program. Today we know they have enough enriched uranium to make up to twelve bonds. They told us they didn't have a blistic missile's weapons program that could threaten anyone. They can now reach most capitals in Europe, including also the Gulf, which they've demonstrated they're willing to do. Eighty nine percent of their targets have been civilian infrastructure in my country.
Speaker 2: This has to stop again.
Speaker 1: I say, why am I not hearing this on any mainstream news outlet? Oh, you're so right, only on Fox M and then Trump bashes Natole. It's here that sixty four.
Speaker 6: I said twenty five years ago that NATO's a paper tiger, but more importantly, that we'll come to their rescue, but they will never come to ours.
Speaker 2: And I want you to remember that we said this.
Speaker 6: It didn't come to our rescue. Now they all want to help when they're annihilated. The other side is annihilated. They said we'd love to send ships. Actually made a statement a couple of them that we want to get involved when the war's over. No, it's supposed to get involved with the wars beginning or even before it begins.
Speaker 2: I actually disagree with Trump's take on all of that. I mean is useless, but.
Speaker 1: Europe is much useless. But they did come to our aid after nine to eleven. They helped a lot with a rack. They got involved in Afghanistan.
Speaker 2: And it's just it's not a situation where you call them and say, hey, you heard we bombed Iran last night, can you be in the Gulf tomorrow? It just it doesn't really work like that.
Speaker 1: And then why it is I think appalling. Neil Ferguson was making this point the other day. He had a quote from Margaret Thatcher from way back in the day because she was getting some pressure.
Speaker 2: I don't remember what the campaign was.
Speaker 1: But Reagan used their military basis for something that the population didn't like in Britain, and Margaret Thatcher said, they're our best friend. If the United States wants to use our military bass, we let them. Well, Caro Starmer went the opposite direction. He didn't let us use the military basis, and Neil Ferguson thought that was awful, and I think it's awful also, But yep, I still think it's ridiculous to turn down help.
Speaker 2: Now. Why well, right, yeah, the post war reality's got to be enforced. The more friends the better. Yeah, Trump is way too earsily easily butt hurt. But you know that's not exactly news.
Speaker 1: I think this thing is gonna explode more. I certainly, you know, maybe behind the scenes it's completely different, and none of us have any information on that. But unless it's very, very different behind the scenes, Ran sounds like they have no interest in giving up, and Trump sounds like he's got every intention of Okay, if you're not going to give up, we're going to take what we need to take to get where we need to get.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think a lot of us were really hoping that there were much more transactional, practical, forward looking forces within the IRGC that could be bargained with. They haven't come forward yet. It appears they are as hardcore as you know, as their reputation hardcore is lomist death cultists or those that.
Speaker 1: Are are in charge. Somehow we killed a whole bunch of people, but they can't hardly communicate with each other and everything like that. Whatever the hardliners in charge and this next step, I mean, this is going to turn into a completely different looking war here, Like maybe by this weekend, the deadline of the five day pause is Saturday morning, and all of.
Speaker 2: The Marines and the eighty second Airborne are going to be in place at some point on Friday tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with the deadline Saturday morning, so at least that this could be a much different or to follow on cable news and on Twitter within seventy two hours.
Speaker 2: I think you mean on the Armstrong and Getty show, I'm not working this weekend. You're working this weekend. Mom, Monday, come back Monday. I met much farm Strong and Getty.
Speaker 1: Tucker Carlson just tweeted out it's worth remembering that ground troops are often followed by tyranny in the country that sends them to those of you who live the whole every single day, were on the verge of you know whatever, don't you get tired of it? I find it exhaust I don't even believe the stuff you say. I get exhausted just reading it. Don't you get exhausted being we're under so much threat every day from all the different things, Israel, pedophiles, Epstein, whatever.
Speaker 2: I think he gives a lot of people a sense of purpose and like they're living They're living a life of importance because they're quote unquote in this fight on the internet.
Speaker 1: And all the dummies who aren't paying attention. Yeah, coming up, our tribute to Chuck Norris or something.
Speaker 2: Our musical tribute to Chuck Norris not to be missed in moments actually, But first, speaking of big personalities physically, a very different fellow, Bill Maher, we were talking about following the war on cable news, perhaps over the weekend or Twitter or wherever you'd like to follow it. He had a couple of thoughts about cable news and the super into politics culture.
Speaker 8: Less than one percent of the country is watching Fox News, CNN, and ms NOW combined.
Speaker 2: Combined.
Speaker 8: A guy in TikTok pressure washing his driveway gets bigger ratings. Seventy six percent of Americans watched less than one hour of any cable news in a month. You thought opera was getting its ass kick.
Speaker 2: That's stat was something. Yeah, it is. It's not as simple as therefore, it doesn't matter because people who are involved in the movers and shakers of the world, they are watching that stuff. I don't think that'll lack much walking points from that's an age thing.
Speaker 1: I think I would agree, like Trump watches the cable news channels because when he was younger, they were a big deal. But when that crowd is gone, the next crowd not going to have any interest in whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Little more mare.
Speaker 8: If you ask most Americans what their opinion of Tulsi Gabbard is, their answer is going to be, what's it?
Speaker 2: Tulsi Gabbard?
Speaker 8: And they're completely unaware that they're supposed to be boycotting Target.
Speaker 2: Or Chick fil A. Here's the criteria.
Speaker 8: They use when deciding where to go for chicken? How's the chicken? And if they had to guess, they'd say ms now is a multiple sclerosis charity. And Fox Friends is a children's cartoon show. Their lives don't revolve around having a hot take on every stupid thing. Katie Perry went to space and now she's the worst person on Earth. Pineapple doesn't belong on pizza. You know what you're arguing about these things? Here's the hottest take of all? Who gives it?
Speaker 2: Oh? Bill brilliant as always?
Speaker 1: Well, have you seen the you know, the in the in the Basement show whatever he calls that where he interviews people. Have you seen the one with John Cougar Mellencamp?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, it's really good. I'll tell a good yeah, yeah, interesting guy. Anyway, both of them a couple of stories for you real quickly. Then we'll pay off the Chuck Norris The Loving Musical Tribute to Chuck Norris. I'm not going to get into the details of this. You can find them yourself if you're super into it. But I'm so amused they're fighting over affordable housing in Naple Valley, like right next door to the world's fanciest restaurant, the French Laundry, where Gavin Newsom likes to enjoy a late evening dinner. I believe, am I correct on that time, mister Governor sir in the middle of COVID when everybody else is locked down by his oppressive and utterly unscientific rules.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I actually have a calendar alert set for next I'm not going to say when, for when they open up the next batch of reservations for the French Laundry, to see if I can get in. I think I ate there once, but I was so hammered I don't remember it. I'm pretty sure I ate there because I remember an NFL quarterback being there and we met in the bathroom, but by accident.
Speaker 2: I'm not like on purpose, bloom, What the hell is going on? Three times on the stall? How does that work? Huh?
Speaker 1: Anyway back to the French laundry in those rich arguing about things.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so, and the head chef, the guy who runs it is coming to city council meetings and all, and it's absolutely hilarious. They don't want affordable, cheap, like working class worker housing in the midst of their beautiful, beautiful place, and they come up with all sorts of creative like explanations of no, no, no, it's not that we don't want to poor people or ugly houses or anything. It's that it's inappropriate. The unit size is not proper. And it's so so funny.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of we did this story a couple of years ago about Beverly Hills.
Speaker 2: They did exactly the same thing.
Speaker 1: They got around all of the rules for that stuff with mainly because they got enough money to have lawyers and buy city council members. They get around all those rules. And it's exactly what you said. That crowd loves this sort of thing. You got to have afordable housing in every neighborhood. It's not fair that just the rich get to live in a nice neighborhood. You need to have affordable housing there too, a certain number of units. Except for me. That's not true for me because I didn't mean here. I mean here, I'm at other places.
Speaker 2: Oh it's so funny, and hell, they've got my sympathy. You know what. I live in a really nice place. I don't want a big apartment building to go up on my block.
Speaker 1: It would be horrible.
Speaker 2: I would hate that. I would find any bulls excuse I could to explain why it's a bad idea. You know why, because I don't want it there. But I admit it. These people are lecturing the rest of us. It's absolutely hilarious. Anyway, change the topic, kind of back to real estate. La Miami, and San Diego are shrinking as immigration slows. Some of the biggest US metro areas are shrinking. According to new government data. It's a drawing. It's driven rather by a sharp slowdown on immigration, coupled with losses from people leaving for other parts of the country. The result is La San Diego and Miami areas, which are three of the biggest twenty in the country. Alsaw a population decline in the year through June through twenty twenty five. Blah blah blah. Re least Thursday Dead also shows New York City shrank for the first time in a few years, although the much larger metro area grew. Well did you hear this stat? Hit me?
Speaker 1: Seventy five percent of US counties the population growth either slowed or turned negative. Seventy five percent of US counties. That's never happened before.
Speaker 2: Wow. And do they attribute that to slow down in immigration too? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Well, and we're not having babies, right, oh, right, of course they didn't need immigration back in the day because we had babies. People, you know, you got to be about eighteen, you found some on you started a family, and you had some kids.
Speaker 2: People don't on grandpa past. But we have three kids, right. Yeah. Let's see the numbers show in closer detail how immigration and restrictions of significant significantly slow to US population growth. There's the part I wanted to get to. Strong growth continues in many metro areas, too often in mid sized and smaller ones across the Carolinas, Texas and the Mountain West. To the horror of a lot of the people in the Mountain West in particular, among those growing at four times the national rate or more so. That's growth Austin, Texas still, although I know that real estate market is cooled off because they build so fast in Texas. They respond to demand for housing in Texas, Gavin, you fake anyway? Also Raleigh, North Carolina, Okalla, Florida, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, Wilmington, North Carolina, Boise, Idaho, and Saint George, Utah quadruple the national growth rate or more. Wow. Interesting Yeah, and they can actually build infrastructure in a lot of those states. I've been to them. So interesting anyway, Yes, more time for our musical tribune. It's time for our musical tribute. Yes, indeed, somebody has taken all the best Chuck Norris song jokes and made them into a song. We'll start with the first half, Michael, although I'm told perhaps the second half is better. Oh, it's been edited. Good, it's nice and charge all right. Thirteen did you know that I got bit by King Cobra?
Speaker 8: But after five days of agonizing pain, the cobra died.
Speaker 4: Chuck Norris once counted two infinity twice.
Speaker 1: Chuck Norris wants to two stones with.
Speaker 2: One word, Shuck Norse wants to miss two days of school. Those days are now called the week. Go ahead, Shut Norris doesn't dial long. Norris doesn't plus better not to miss Chuck nor Table bidies and the element to surprise. Chuck Norsey the only person revolving door.
Speaker 1: Chuck Norse gave a.
Speaker 2: Chuck Norrise cuts knife butter.
Speaker 1: When Chuck Norris was born, he from his parents home from the hospital.
Speaker 2: He cuts knives with his butter. Mom his parents over off when he was born. H that is pretty good. That is so good.
Speaker 1: He just stroyed at the periodic table with the element of surprise.
Speaker 2: And that first one that was a little hard to hear. Chuck Norris doesn't dial wrong numbers, You axert the wrong phone. Oh oh, that's good. The great Chuck Norris who apparently had an eighteen year old girlfriend at age forty nine. Yeah, I'm looking at the pictures right here.
Speaker 1: It became a thing on Facebook in the Turlock area, which is not far from here, because apparently, when he was forty nine years old, he attended this high school graduation because his girlfriend was graduating.
Speaker 2: Not his niece, not his granddaughter. Girlfriend.
Speaker 1: According to these people that were in that class and posted pictures on Facebook yesterday.
Speaker 2: It was kind of a topic and everybody.
Speaker 1: Was saying, because this is a younger crowd, they're saying, well, it was more acceptable back then. I'm of the age I graduated before that from high school, and it was not okay for forty nine year olds to be waiting for their eighteen year old girlfriend to cross the stage. That wouldn't have been considered well, we're all doing it. No, no, no.
Speaker 2: It was more acceptable then, but not much more and not acceptable. Yeah. Wow, do you.
Speaker 1: Think she do you think Chuck did a leg kick as she went across the stage?
Speaker 2: I don't think she'd graduated? Yeh, I know he was married to his second wife for a very long time. Was that the I think this is her? The teen? Yeah? I think? Well if it lasted, yeah, so it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know when that happens, do you give it a pass? It's like wood, he and his and his wife, they've been together for decades and there and and and she's happy.
Speaker 2: Right right, what are you allen? Yeah? Uh yeah, I give it a pass. But that's that's not like a different answer. You view it with suspicion and caution at first because it sounds like thing A. It turns out to be thing B. You think, okay, all right, fair enough, But that doesn't mean you shouldn't look upon suspicion with near fifty year olds hanging out outside of high school.
Speaker 1: I can think of a couple of relationships I know in my personal life that started to not the best of ways, and they've been together for decades and had kids and are happy together and so.
Speaker 2: Not in the best ways. What do you mean, spill spill of beans.
Speaker 1: Both were having an affair on their other marriage, and you would think, well, this is just rebound bad blah blah blah. Nope, they both were unhappily married young, found someone else and been together now for thirty eight years or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it's funny. I don't talk about this much. I think I think my kids have heard it at least once. My wife and I when we got together and we were quite young, it was purely physical. I mean, we liked each other, but it was it was you're young and hot, I'm young and hot. Let's let's get together. This will be fun. And it was, and then we did well. It was great fun, and then we subsequently learned, Oh, we get along better than like any two human beings on earth, and I'm madly in love with her after forty five years of being together. Lucky. But you know, Audrey, Oh, it was lust. It's absolutely animal love.
Speaker 5: Two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, life is funny.
Speaker 1: Life is funny. Well is that what are we designed for? To have the lust to bring us together first? Or the fallen in love part first?
Speaker 2: Oh? I think that's all part of one package. Kind of happens at the same time. Yeah, yeah, it just don't don't mistake one for the other. Well, that's good advice. I'm sorry because I just said it's one thing that I said one or the other. You're an idiot, Joseph. H don't mistake the physical aspect of attraction for what's going to yield long term joy.
Speaker 1: Well, the problem with the physical part is it can blind you once that gets going really never noticed to everything.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, the weather, your job, basic eating and drinking hygiene, yes, yes, oh, good thing, right exactly, it's a good thing. Breathing is automatic, or you might forget right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is why you know, the ancient wisdom of waiting is probably a good.
Speaker 2: Idea waiting, Oh, not rushing Americans because oh wow, oh okay, so you're not blinded by that part, right right, yeah, because once the Bengo bango starts, you know, it is this, you know again, very enjoyable. Though in your case it worked out. Yeah, and you did announce to the world that it was fantastic. Yeah. Oh it was yeah, utterly satisfying. Yes, is that what you'd say afterwards? Well, that was utterly satisfied. Okay, we got to take a break more after this.
Speaker 1: Mentioned earlier that Elon put out a new trailer tease ad thing for his Tesla robot.
Speaker 2: What's it called?
Speaker 1: The Tesla Robot's got a name anyway, doesn't I can't remember ad for that? And uh, yesterday Milania Trump came walking down the hallway there in the White House the red carpet with a robot at her side, and we mentioned that on the air well. She gave a speech afterwards that got a fair amount of attention. This is Milania Trump pitching the whole robot thing as if it's obviously going to be great for all all of us.
Speaker 9: Imagine a humanoid educator named Plato access to the classical studies is now instantaneous literature, science, art, philosophy, mathematics, and history. Humanity is entire corpus of information is available in the comfort of your home. Plato will provide a personalized experience adaptive to the needs of each student. Plato is always patient and always available. Predictably, our children we develop deep critical thinking and independent reasoning abilities.
Speaker 2: Oh, we hope, So we don't know that that's going to happen. Wasn't she just describing the Internet?
Speaker 1: And I was going to say, all that stuff is available to be in my home right now if I want access it now. The idea that the teacher will, as she said there, the robot will adjust its teaching style for each individual person. You know, if it gets really good at that, that'd be pretty awesome. Oh yeah, that's an amazing thought. I hope everybody has access to it. Why is the White House pitching the whole robot thing is an obvious good for humanity though, because you know, there's all kinds of naysayers about this.
Speaker 2: Is it undermining the rot or trying to diminish the effect of the rot in government schools? Less at a union goons, there might be less of a reason to have teachers in schools, even more of a reason to not have that once these robots get going, Yeah, well everybody have access to them again, I ask. You know David French who writes for the New York Times these days, among other places outlets. He's a dispatch guy too. I think I disagree with him all the time. He's a very smart guy. I think he's a thoroughly in a decent human being. I think he's wrong a lot. But he's talking about how we are such a miserable country, how we how can we be such a miserable country when we're so wealthy and successful? And I think he nailed it.
Speaker 1: Oh really, I want to hear that an hour four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you don't get our four, subscribe to the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand, automatically download, listen to it whenever it's convenient. We'll be dropping truth bombs. I hope you can enjoy us Armstrong and Getty