Speaker 1: Native Landpod is a production of iHeartRadio in partnership with Reason Choice Media.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 3: Why nobody talking about for the first time?
Speaker 4: Christmas is on twenty five, twenty five, twenty five. Baby, we never gonna get this time again?
Speaker 3: December? This December?
Speaker 4: Baby, blessings on, type of blessings on, type of blessings.
Speaker 5: You hear me?
Speaker 4: Twenty five, twenty five, twenty five, Baby, somebody finna hit the lot on. Somebody finnah really really really run into some big money, because Baby, that never happens.
Speaker 3: Let it be Meana, Amen, Amen?
Speaker 6: What happy?
Speaker 5: Twenty five?
Speaker 7: Twenty five twenty.
Speaker 6: What's the third? What's the third? Twenty five?
Speaker 3: The first, the third, the first twenty five years grow.
Speaker 7: The second one is the day, the first one. We don't know what that twenty five is.
Speaker 6: Well, that's what I mean.
Speaker 5: I'm keeping multip twelve the month two.
Speaker 3: Twenty five, twenty five.
Speaker 7: But some have a question, since the girl got twenty five twenty five twenty five, what's your question?
Speaker 3: I have a question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, first question, the most important question of the day, the jackpot question, the power ball question is can you name for me, what the twenty fifth month is?
Speaker 3: Nobody?
Speaker 7: Can y'all go the twenty well anyway before we get to it, that I can name to you that it is episode one eleven.
Speaker 6: It was one.
Speaker 5: Twenty five and welcome home.
Speaker 7: So we got twenty five, twenty twenty five, twenty five and one eleven came said, so we got we got a lot of symmetry happening with the numbers.
Speaker 2: I'm still confused to believe, because I believe she believed deeply she did really.
Speaker 5: Try to make twenty fifth first twenty five.
Speaker 3: She doesn't know.
Speaker 7: But welcome home to the viewers on this episode for twenty five, twenty five, twenty five we do over the hose.
Speaker 3: And when I say hoes, I mean ho ho.
Speaker 7: Merry Christmas and happy holidays whatever holiday you're celebrating today, and thank you for joining us for Native LAMPI I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 3: You remember in the host.
Speaker 7: I always remember the hole. Every December, I remember the host.
Speaker 3: I do it hose.
Speaker 8: And more than just a month somebody got mad at us.
Speaker 1: They were like, you guys's whole jokes are not funny, and I think they're very funny.
Speaker 8: What was our whole joke about do you guys remember.
Speaker 1: No, we need to know, but we had a hope it was a whole joke. I think Andrew said something whole and we kept letting.
Speaker 3: Roll with it, hope, roll with something. You did it? We thought you did.
Speaker 7: You were saying something and we thought we were like, did you just say oh?
Speaker 8: We kept saying it yeah, yeah, and people got mad.
Speaker 5: Yes, that was because y'all kept missing.
Speaker 1: It's because they're not in twenty five twenty five, So welcome, y'all.
Speaker 3: Right, welcome, we're talking about it or where are we going?
Speaker 1: So you know what I want to talk about, y'all. So I actually want to get into Grinch energy. And it's not because I like it. I think it needs to be conquered. And so there is a new movie out you guys know about the most to B classics if you don't shout out to the machetes that always keep us young and fresh on the Grinches, there's one called The Grinch Who Sold.
Speaker 8: The Bishes.
Speaker 3: Stealing bits. That's what the movie called.
Speaker 1: Now I want to just well, I want let's roll the trailer first.
Speaker 3: And then let's talk about it. On the other side.
Speaker 6: There no way to fix your duncle. Did you about that ginger bread?
Speaker 9: They ain't no blessing take reglary riddles, mult for your release has been granted.
Speaker 6: Pack your shit.
Speaker 10: What time shall shut hey about to say? Don when we probably take money? Anything made a hunt and old Sun.
Speaker 3: Because that stitch.
Speaker 5: It's fantastic spell like who free hoo free wo will and.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna call it right now to we gotta go.
Speaker 7: They gotta kill two be they gotta go because it's owned by Fox and Roger and all the bad people.
Speaker 3: In the airwaves.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, because I know that I know the nigga.
Speaker 11: I know the nigga is still in everybody's bitches around Chris, I know it.
Speaker 7: Roger Hill steal in our minds with this stupid Toobie bullshit.
Speaker 11: But tell us that it's a grinch and then we all got one.
Speaker 6: We all got one. He gonna show up with something.
Speaker 11: He's gonna show it with somebody else on Christmas that he showed up with on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 8: Okay, that could be a thing.
Speaker 3: That could be a thing. This movie. I just want to tell y'all.
Speaker 1: I watched the first five minutes of it and had to turn it off, and no, I know it felt like it. No, it was a long trailer that it really didn't get to the point. But I'm just gonna tell you guys, it actually is giving soft porn. And so I was just like, I didn't know that's what we was signing up for.
Speaker 5: It was it was like you and soft porn.
Speaker 1: That the Grinch had a BJ situation with another fuzzy green lady and then she.
Speaker 3: He was going after.
Speaker 1: So technically the premise is he's going after Santa Claus's hose. So I don't know why Santa Claus got hose. They got one part in the movie where he's like Martin Luther clause I was offended. So there's just you know, stuff happening now. I do want to say that tub does provide space for black independent content creators.
Speaker 7: And I just want to conct myself of Roger L's. But it's the Murdocks. It's the Murdox who Ownsvie. This is the same company Fox Corporations, which has its tentacles and almost every right wing conservative outlet, and they.
Speaker 5: Are worked for.
Speaker 7: Yes, thank you exactly, but you gots, they're pumping this stupid ship into the atmosphere, and I want you saying they give space for black content creators, and I wonder if that's true exactly one. I want to know who are the people producing these movies and films?
Speaker 3: Who's funding them? And this one name is Malik.
Speaker 7: I just want to know who's all behind it, you know, because right now I'm like, we got the Trump wing of the media funding to b and I want to know if a black content creator comes up with something a little less ignorant, do they get the green light or do they like, no, yo, shit got to be ignorant, shit to be on TV?
Speaker 3: No, they have all movies on their too.
Speaker 6: Right there, we're taking this too serious.
Speaker 11: I think I think we should just I think we should explore days school days.
Speaker 1: But because they have some old movies on there. But I don't want to people to know who owns it, who's putting it out there?
Speaker 11: I think that's I mean, I'm more concerned about was Sance got hold and who Let's get.
Speaker 2: To that lights up green for the holiday?
Speaker 3: We found the stole bitches.
Speaker 6: Watch this?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 8: Why does that too?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 7: Oh way, okay, remember we found out our screens were doing the hearts and all that.
Speaker 3: I don't think it doesn't.
Speaker 5: Worked.
Speaker 3: Can we get to the bites? Okay, yes, I.
Speaker 7: Don't want to promote to be I want to talk about the actual grinch. You out here stealing bitches. But Kari has called out somebody who's saying, you're bringing somebody to Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: Somebody knew to Christmas. What's up with that? Y'all know?
Speaker 11: So also the young fellas out here listening, I mean, you probably should have broke up with them right after Thanksgiving. You break up with them right after Thanksgiving, and then you recognize you made the mistake, probably around March first.
Speaker 6: It's a cost saving mechanism in this time of inflation.
Speaker 3: That's aw awful, awful, horrible.
Speaker 2: But I do want to know if y'all have to wait till Marsh to break up, I mean you go through you No, no, no get back Valentine's get back?
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, no no.
Speaker 7: No after Thanksgiving, no Priscess, no Valentines if it was me, No.
Speaker 5: This is operating information.
Speaker 3: Yeah your King day trip?
Speaker 6: No you, no King day trip because they want to go to the museum.
Speaker 3: You got That's a lot, okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I want to know if you all have a grinch who's stoleshes in twenty twenty five that you want to talk about.
Speaker 3: If not, I have one, go first, I'll come up with one after. No, I don't want to go first.
Speaker 1: I think mine is a good closer grinch who stole twenty like I got the top one in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 5: Oh, Nancy Pelosi and Hakei, Oh.
Speaker 3: Okay, you want to go political with your I'm just asking.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm asking political show.
Speaker 3: I'm with it.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go. Uh, I'm gonna go. Sharon More Okay, talked.
Speaker 8: About about the last episode in case y'all missed that.
Speaker 3: Check it out tip you got.
Speaker 13: This?
Speaker 7: Uh jackass? I used to date. I would say, he's you asked, so don't do the party of em?
Speaker 14: Now?
Speaker 6: What do you do to you? What happened?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 3: You about that?
Speaker 7: No, I didn't talk about this because you brought up something that made me think about it. He so New Year's Eve, this wasn't This is like maybe two New Year's Eves ago. He like, you know, if we're not spending New Year's Eve together like this is done though, Like he understand you gotta smash on New Year's precisely. And so when he told me, he was like, he has a challenging related with his sons, and he was like, oh, I'm gonna take my son to Kenya for New Year's Eve. I just think this is a time for us to bond and reconnect, and like giving me details about the trip everything. And this New York did not take his son. I'd later found out that he took a woman with him, And my old thing like, why lie, tell me the truth so then I can stop fucking talking to you. He's just an awful, dark, spirited, horrible fucking human being who is a great who sold my Christmas.
Speaker 5: Doubt should be shrouded and as much truth as you could, I.
Speaker 7: Agree, Like, just honestly, how would you all have handled that situation? If you are men, if you were single, I would.
Speaker 6: Have told you, mean, which situation? How would I have lied to you? Bet?
Speaker 1: I'm saying we're talking, No, don't do that, he said, how would he have lied to you better?
Speaker 3: Honestly?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 3: That was your okay?
Speaker 7: If you're like, I would have lied, but I would have told a better lie. But if somebody you're seeing regularly you're talking every day, starting, ending your days together, all the things.
Speaker 5: But you know, for New Year kids, this is.
Speaker 1: I just interjected the point of privilege. But and then I do want to hear from the men point of privilege. If y'all saw this, nigga.
Speaker 5: Okay, he gets what I tell you.
Speaker 8: I can't wait to see him next.
Speaker 1: I can be like, you don't know how good you had it because you gave your big ass a chance. Like I am so irritated by the fact that he has now taken up two of our show and you.
Speaker 7: But Andrew said he would not have used his kids in a lie, which I also thought was such a shitty thing to do.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what kind of.
Speaker 6: Person that I don't know?
Speaker 11: Man, if you gonna if you're gonna go big, if you're gonna go big, I mean you already.
Speaker 6: In Kenyon he is big.
Speaker 5: He don't have anyway, So I mean, like.
Speaker 11: I would you gotta add you gotta add a love you got And then you gotta say, look.
Speaker 3: To get in trouble for fat shaming again, Yeah.
Speaker 6: You are about to.
Speaker 11: But look you gotta oh well, you gotta you gotta throw a little I mean, got those little truth in there.
Speaker 5: No, you gotta throw a lot of truth in a lie. He's involve your kids.
Speaker 3: I agree, he definitely shouldn't. Is a shitty human being who does that.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, if you, if you're gonna lie, get close to the truth as you can, because that's feire lies.
Speaker 5: You have to create, right you You know, Yes, I did go to Keny. I told you I was going to King.
Speaker 6: How did you know? How did you know that he was with her?
Speaker 3: Okay, this is how dumb he is. I told him like months later. I told him.
Speaker 7: I was like, and I know for a fact I found out. It doesn't matter how I know you lied about Kenya, but I didn't know.
Speaker 3: He's just like, okay, okay, let me just say let me you.
Speaker 6: Gotta this, dude, you got to stand in it.
Speaker 14: You got.
Speaker 8: Just saw him text you guys a picture.
Speaker 3: If you guys saw him, you.
Speaker 1: Will be so frustrated about the fact that he is now monopolized.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't be surprised that he's monopo like that. He's anonymous.
Speaker 11: Tiffany has a big heart, so she probably like she probably like ugly man, ugly dolls. I'm not going to Tiffany got a huge heart, so I ain't surprised.
Speaker 6: She probably got a bunch of little falls.
Speaker 5: She got a big brain, has a big brain.
Speaker 8: Over Nick said, we're being rude.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's go on.
Speaker 1: Sorry, we'll move Okay, But that was before we get before we get to Andrews grinch, which I think is important.
Speaker 3: He's right.
Speaker 8: We have been all the way in the ratchet nonsense of the human beings.
Speaker 11: That we are.
Speaker 3: We are complex.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get into politics. But I just have to run that old thing back real quick. The biggest grinch who.
Speaker 8: Stole the bitches A twenty twenty five is this one right here?
Speaker 5: Rolle a clip. Look at these two?
Speaker 6: All right, I'm k what.
Speaker 5: Either that having an.
Speaker 14: Affair than this green shut A new wrinkle in the viral scandal sweeping social media. Tonight, astronomer CEO Andy Byron has been placed on leave. That him and oh yeah, he disappeared. It comes days after a clip from the Coldplay concert in Boston. It caught him on the jumbo tron cozying up of the company's HR chief, Kristen Cabot.
Speaker 3: That's her.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, she turned around to the company opened a formal investigation and says it holds its employees to a high standard.
Speaker 3: Not her, she can't be here for our ratchet congress. Where's she going? And see her?
Speaker 14: She was in.
Speaker 1: So here's what I just got to say, right, not her trying to pinpoint and pivot to the communication strategy while talking to the lady to turn bright red the same color as me and tiff shirts.
Speaker 8: And I just want to acknowledge, like this is a hot mess, this thing.
Speaker 1: They tried to say first that her husband who she was separated from, was at the concert to with a date.
Speaker 3: He wasn't.
Speaker 1: It was a whole big mess. And I just think, you know, he is the biggest grinch who Soda bishes in twenty.
Speaker 2: Talking about open secrets though they in the box with all the employees right like this is and now the corporation.
Speaker 5: Like and invites an investigation into it is like an open secret. Why y'all, why y'all playing?
Speaker 6: Stop playing?
Speaker 5: Everybody knows this happens.
Speaker 1: You know who need to stop playing is Bakari with this raggedy computer. But while we wait for Bakari's raggedy computer, there he is. So why but Andrew, you were you brought up something that's important. One of the other grinches that's stealing everything is your president. And so one person who has been a regular hero since he shook that cane at Donald J. Trump during his joint address earlier this year is Al Green, Congressman Al Green, who introduced articles of impeachment. Of course, last week, I'm sorry, a couple of weeks ago there was a motion to table.
Speaker 6: Of that.
Speaker 1: Of those articles of impeachment. Bakari has lost us. He is not impeached, but he's just gone for a moment. Y'all pray for his computers. Still continue the prayers. But Andrew, I want to hear what your thoughts are here. In fact, I want to run Al Green's clip and then Nancy Pelosi's response, and then let's get your thoughts on either side of that.
Speaker 9: Purpose, is this gentleman from Texas seek recognition to address the House for one minute to revise and extend my remarks.
Speaker 6: With that objection.
Speaker 15: The gentleman is recognized, mister speaker, and still a rise to note that tonight I have called for the impeachment of Donald John Trump, President of the United States of America.
Speaker 9: He is an abuser of presidential power.
Speaker 16: He has called for the execution of members of the House of Representatives of this very house.
Speaker 9: He has the mean members of the judiciary.
Speaker 16: He has conducted himself in office such that persons are now threatening members of the Judiciary, threatening members of the House of Representatives, threatening members of the Senate. Donald John Trump, by his conduct merits impeachment, trial and conviction in the Senate of the United States of America, and should never hold any office of public trust.
Speaker 9: Ever Again, I yield back.
Speaker 15: Members are reminded to refrain from engaging in personalities towards the President.
Speaker 3: Just to make sure I understand you. This should not be the agenda of Democrats in the last years.
Speaker 13: He crosses the border.
Speaker 3: But that's not.
Speaker 13: An incidental thing. You say we're going to do that. No, there has to be cause, there has to be reason.
Speaker 5: We had review.
Speaker 13: This was a very serious historic thing, and our founders knew that there could be a rogue president, and that's why they put impeachment in the constitution. They didn't know there'd be a rogue president at the same time, a rogue Senate that didn't have the courage to do the right thing. That's what's bipartisan in the Senate.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't I know, So, Andrew, I want I just got to hear from you on this. I mean, you know, we're talking about what tools do we have to fight fascism? We are talking about someone who is literally stealing from the American people when you look at the terms that like, what are the reasons that someone could be impeached in the Constitution? I don't know what else is needed? Can you please wait in here, Andrew?
Speaker 2: So, I hat what I hate mostly so obviously according to the Constitution, high crimes and misdemeanors of the foundation for and impeachment and removal of a president, bribery. But but so again, and we can all go through the list of what we think already qualifies for this.
Speaker 5: But what upsets me most about eliminating.
Speaker 2: Impeachment as an option already right before Democrats ever find themselves in a position of power. Here again, if we're looking toward the midterms and a desire to see accountability hell against the transgressions of this administration, I don't understand. And again, I think we predicted this a couple of weeks, if not months ago, that the biggest fear that I have about Democrats regaining control, regaining power, is that they are not going to do what is necessary, what is required to show that there are repercussions to actions. So if you're the Secretary of Defense, if you're the secretary of State, you can go before congressional committees and Senate panels and so on and so forth, completely disrespect and disregard the members, not answer the questions, flout the Constitution and the laws, act outside of the realms.
Speaker 5: Of your authority.
Speaker 2: And already Democrats are going to forecast that we're not going to do a damn thing about it. That doesn't, in my opinion, do anything to rein in the already outrageous acts of mouthfeasance, misfeasans, illegality, that this administration is already deeply, deeply embroiled in. I said, my bar for Democrats who are running for public office is already at the lowest. I mean, really, it's bare minimum. Can you vote and do you oppose the illegal actions of this administration? And are you willing to vote, you know, consistent with that. I can't understand why we would handicap ourselves before the American people ever make a decision around whether or not we can be trusted with power. It has already been said by the American people that their biggest disappointment with Democrats is that they're weak. Yeah, Democrats and Republicans are reflecting the same outrage over Democrats.
Speaker 5: And that is that they're weak.
Speaker 2: And already, I just think we're showing our weakness and it's frustrating and it's uninspiring to want to go out and work for a party and knock on doors and encourage people to go vote for a party who is going to sit idle and allow the president to keep getting away with the same stuff he got away within yr one of the second administration.
Speaker 5: I just it's.
Speaker 2: Stupid and I don't ever want to see people in power who were going to begin by negotiating against themselves.
Speaker 5: That's it, Tiff, you know what.
Speaker 1: I know that this is not your favorite topic, but I just I want to come to you for just a second because I think that we all on this show have a deep passion, concern and desire to see justice. Like when you look at the Constitution, it is bribery, it is treason, it is other high crimes and misdemeanors. We know this man hasn't just been charged and indicted for some of these crimes that we're talking about. He was also found guilty in some of these cases, so they already have the evidence. I think what's frustrating about Nancy Pelosi's take on this, and even Hakim Jeffreys and all of Democratic leadership, to be honest, they put out a statement the day that the motion to table was considered in the House, which is basically saying, we are saying we are not gonna consider this impeachment resolution. We're not gonna consider the articles of impeachment motion and table means it's basically dead on arrival. So when you consider all of that and know what he's already been found guilty of, they're saying, oh, we need a really extensive investigation process. They've done that, right, so why, like, what else do they need to see? Is it to Andrew's point, is it just weakness? Is it because they don't think they would win because they don't have the majority?
Speaker 7: What do you think the reason is all of the above? One, I don't think they will win because they don't have the majority. I think it would be exhaustive to other efforts that they're trying to pursue and I'm not giving them a pass by any means.
Speaker 3: But Angelo, on the podcast that we did.
Speaker 7: Last week, Bacari said, until white Christian men want this nation to change, it won't change. I didn't know how I felt about that when he said that. We didn't have time, but I wanted to come to you and ask you about that, because that's so that anytime I got to put my life or my life we live in the hands of white folks. Yes, that is a that is a weight that I can't even hold. And I want to encounter that point and say the changes that black folks have stood on the line and force this country into against the will of white men. I just don't know that that's true. So if it is up to us to defend and help and save and preserve ourselves to which the country would benefit, then I say I am also not really thinking about impeachment because I don't know if that works. I'm thinking about a reimagination of the entire structure of this country and government.
Speaker 3: And I don't know what that looks like.
Speaker 7: I really don't, But I know that we've already gone through articles of impeachment. We've already seen that, We've already established that white folks look at that Constitution like it's just a piece of paper. And the second we don't like what it says, we can just imagine something different. We can just say something different. It's the second we don't like Congress, we can just render them useless. The second we don't like these courts, we can just dismiss them. They have solidating so much power to the executive branch. I just don't know that operating within this system to disrupt it is the move anymore.
Speaker 3: I really don't, so I kind of I.
Speaker 7: Take both of y'all points about the frustration around it and the weakness. Yes, Democrats are feckless at this moment. I've not seen a lot of fight other than from a few people like our sister Ariana Presley, Congressman from Massachusetts, Jasmine Crockett, Because sometimes the fight is in these streets. Sometimes the fight is in policy in the halls of Congress, and there are things happening, they just don't get as much attention. So I'm not saying that's what it has to be. But I think I don't know even Congress is existing within the structure of government that's crumbling.
Speaker 3: So I don't know, I don't know. I just think we got to take this fight on a whole other level.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree with you, Tiff on that, And I just want to say I'm not making bed with getting in bed with impeachment as an only tool. I just think you don't remove any tool from the table. And more specifically, I'm concer about Congressional Democrats deciding, Oh, we're not going to hold hearings on killing people in the open ocean. No, we're not going to interrogate the Defense secretary on what it means to take a sitting US senator court martial him over whether or not his repeating in a campaign had what is already in these military books of discipline and code that they are already taught that they're repeating of that is somehow flouting the law or against the president, or more important, I forget against the president, against the constitution, because it encourages treason or disorder within the armed services.
Speaker 5: So impeachment being the highest and.
Speaker 2: The greatest degree of accountability that might exist for the Congress is at one end, But what about at the other end, holding people accountable just through the committee process, through the investigatory process, to all these people out, because if there is no accountability, y'all, who is to dissuade the next person in, the next person and the next person for coming through and doing the exact same thing, if not worse, It is not okay for the people who are right now, open in our face flouting the law, are standing against the law, and are quite frankly just acting illegally to be able to get away with that.
Speaker 6: The court had the US.
Speaker 2: Supreme Court may have given cover to the US president to to to to break the law while he's president, but that cover does not extend to a secretary of Defense, a secretary of State, any department leader, or anybody else below the office of presidency. And so what are we going to do to hold those people accountable so that the people who succeed them in those offices understand that you don't have the ability, the right, and the cover of the law to go out and just break the law and get away with it.
Speaker 5: I think that's not okay.
Speaker 1: I think that's the part for me, right Like tif of course, like if we were to consider this on a spectrum or like you know, just like what we do what we desire and what we deserve. I'm with you on the reimagination and then the implementation of what it is that we reimagine. But in the meantime, what I know is that we don't deserve the harm that's being exacted upon us, and then the division and the dissension that it's sowing as a result of those things.
Speaker 8: So I do want some stopgap.
Speaker 1: So I'm not talking about articles of impeachment as the aspiration. I'm thinking about it as a stopgap. And so I'm confused about you know, when Republicans are in the minority, I really do think this is beyond Party two.
Speaker 8: At some point we should have that conversation.
Speaker 1: But when Republicans are in the minority, there's not a tool, to Andrew's point, that they won't use, right, there's not.
Speaker 3: A single tool.
Speaker 1: They will, let you know, the rabbit among them be rabbit, and you know, and not really restrain them.
Speaker 8: They'll just be silent. We chastise our rabbit, you know, we silence our rabbit.
Speaker 1: We ask them to act with a certain amount of decorum, as if people's literal.
Speaker 8: Lives are not on the line.
Speaker 3: And I think that's what is jarring about this for.
Speaker 1: Me, because there was already a robust investigation done, there was already a special council appointed. There's a reason why Donald Trump is trying to extract funds from the Department of Justice for even investigating him from before, whether it's classified documents or interfering with elections. Trying to freaking overthrow the government is what it is when you're trying to claim credit for winning an election that you freaking lost.
Speaker 8: That is that is exactly what treason is. January sixth.
Speaker 1: Not only do you say, you know, you guys, go handle this, but then the moment you get in office, you go and pardon these people. You didn't just endorse the plan, you also forgave the plan that resulted in the death of people who are supposed to be passing legislation. To get to your desk, like, you are absolutely the enemy. You are the enemy of the state, and I think he should be treated as such. And I think, you know, y'all, I really do get confused myself when I'm like, we told people that this man was fascist fascist, We told people that this man is a white supremacist and practices and traffics in that ideology, and then it's like, oh, we're just gonna ride this thing out to the midterms. I don't want to wait to see what's gonna happen at the midterms.
Speaker 8: I want things to change now.
Speaker 5: And so they're the worse than that, Angela. They're not saying, let's ride this out to the midterms.
Speaker 2: They're saying, if we get trusted with power again, let's let you know that we're going to remove all the lovers of accountability that are available to us once we're in power to hold this administration accountable. They're taking off the table that there will be any accountability for what has preceded their time in leadership.
Speaker 5: So do you think they're.
Speaker 8: Saying they wouldn't impeach him when they're in power either.
Speaker 5: I absolutely believe that's what they're signaling.
Speaker 2: There's no reason for the former Speaker of the House to get out there and do a press conference.
Speaker 5: This is about we've already gone down that road. We've tried you may.
Speaker 2: I'm just simply saying, I believe this is my point around negotiating against themselves, is that they're saying they're trying to signal to Middle America and that voter independent in the middle, that we're not going to turn our opportunity at leadership into another relitigation of all of the bad things that the Republicans and Donald Trump have done. They're telling people right now that if you trust us again with leadership, we're not going to go down that hole again. We've learned our lesson. We didn't get him a peach before. There is no accountability be held there. But going forward, we're going to try to serve all of America, the left, the right, and the center by getting us on a better governing traft. They haven't said this all out completely, but what I'm fearing is that this is what they're dangling, that we're not going to go back and tread in that water because we know independents won't like it. What we're gonna do is we're going to let him do what he's going to do, but we're gonna slow him down a little bit.
Speaker 5: Antability.
Speaker 1: I know, the grinch who keeps still in the podcast time with his AOL dial up.
Speaker 3: M you know, I want to. I want to.
Speaker 1: We were just talking about impeachment and Nancy Pelosi's statement that she didn't think that the Democrats have what is needed to impeach Donald Trump this go around, Bacari, We've had the arguments about all the reasons why there is enough.
Speaker 8: I want you to weigh in there, and then.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk about other people who are staying in people's houses unwelcomed. But I want to when to come to you first, just in case you have anything to add here.
Speaker 11: No, I think that we realized that I think impeachment is a worthless exercise.
Speaker 3: Is that what we realized?
Speaker 6: Mm hmm.
Speaker 11: I think we realized that it was a worthless, inefficient waste of time last go round. I'm not sure what anybody can say tangibly we've gained from impeaching him, not once, but twice. I think that you compromise your frontline Democrats, which are necessary to take back the House, which is probably about twenty twenty two, by the way, Janelle bid them. Would be great to get on the sholf.
Speaker 14: I love you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she's one of the front lines out there where you're from in the Pacific Northwest?
Speaker 3: She's from Oregon, get it right, but you going?
Speaker 5: Is that not specific northwest?
Speaker 8: I just just just make sure there's some separation between Washington and Oregon.
Speaker 11: But keep going, Uh, do you notice any separation between Washington and Oregon?
Speaker 5: And yes, I mean geographically No, no, thank you.
Speaker 6: And is that considered the Pacific It.
Speaker 2: Is also geo politically considered the Pacific Northwest.
Speaker 11: Yes, And if I wanted to be South Carolina, I would say the specific Northwest.
Speaker 5: You say, yeah, Pacific specific also to be confusing.
Speaker 3: But carry you're.
Speaker 8: Wrong on this, by the way, like listen, it is not the first the party line. Okay, I'm line.
Speaker 3: Yes you are.
Speaker 8: You sound just like Nancy Pelosi and Democratic lea Kurt.
Speaker 5: My fury ism.
Speaker 2: And I'd like you to take it outside of whether or not impeachment makes sense for this moment, and to pull back further and assume that Democrats are going to be in the majority in the House of Representatives. Does do you interpret Nancy Pelosi's comments to really be more of a signal about the midterms that we are not going to basically traffic in this form of accountability should we win, We're going to turn the.
Speaker 6: No, not at all. I think Nancy is Nancy is counting votes for November, and I think that's what he said.
Speaker 11: No, he talked about after the election would it be about accountability? And I'm saying no, Nancy Pelosi has a lot more depth than that.
Speaker 5: So you think they will become accountable.
Speaker 2: Do you think that they would still enforce some accountability on this administration should they win the majority?
Speaker 11: Yes, I do, and I think you'll see that through oversight. I think you'll see that through judiciary. I think you'll see a lot of that, and you may see impeachment become a point. Then I am just saying impeachment resolutions, particularly by the young man from Detroit.
Speaker 6: I forget his name, sre.
Speaker 1: No, but we're talking about mister Green, mister Green's most They just did a motion to table on mister Green's resolution.
Speaker 11: And because of the timing, because right now, my greatest fear is you have about twenty to twenty five members right now who are going to be determinative of whether or not you have the leadership, yes or no, whether or not the King Jeffries is the speaker, yes or no. And I'm just saying right now that vote on this particular issue one puts those twenty to twenty five members at danger in danger, and two, I don't think you get anything tangible in return. I don't think the political victory is worth the square. Now does that change after you win in terms of honing him accountable for his last two years? I think that's a better question to ask. But the math right now ain't mathing on impeachment.
Speaker 5: I don't disagree with you in the moment.
Speaker 2: My My biggest concern is what are they forecasting if they were to get into power again?
Speaker 3: And I think what's going to be different?
Speaker 6: And I can't deal with the ifs like.
Speaker 2: For I think that's the only thing we're dealing in right now. There's no election prior to the other.
Speaker 11: Things, there are other things that you can forecast prior to next November.
Speaker 6: I think that you can forecast oversight, accountability.
Speaker 11: I think that you can, literally, if you're King Jefferies, lay out the investigations you're going to have right now and who they're going.
Speaker 6: To be against.
Speaker 1: But investigations also pointless because what's going to happen on the other side of the investigation.
Speaker 6: I'm not talking about that.
Speaker 11: Well, well, first of all, no, they won't be pointless because after your investigation, you would have an you would have a presidential election, and your hope would be that you could turn over the results of that investigation to a Department of Justice that had a different letter beside its name, or even didn't have a letter beside his name, and it was just purely independent. Or you could just have transparency. When you're in leadership, you can release any and everything you don't have to hide behind, so investigation wouldn't necessarily be pointless. I'm talking about the pragmatism of a policy, like I find myself to be a radical pragmatist.
Speaker 6: That's how I define what I am.
Speaker 3: That does sound very sketchy.
Speaker 11: But keep going, and it is I and I is and I understand how people can frown upon that. But there is a political reality that we cannot talk about the accountability after November by and I think what Nancy is saying, and I don't need to speak for her. Maybe we'll call her and shall come on the show, But like we have to, we have to be very cognizant that there are about twenty five members who taking a vote on impeachment may prove to be something that they can't overcome next November.
Speaker 1: I just I just am tired of us making decisions for all of the American people. And what's in the best interest of preserving a democracy that they so want to protect over twenty or twenty five people, I just.
Speaker 11: I would also say I would also argue with you that us taking back the House is better for preserving democracy than the alternative, because I think Donald Trump, as reckless as he is not running for reelection with both the House and the Senate, could be even more dangerous his final two years than he has been his previous six.
Speaker 2: I think he will be more dangerous because tanymore usually become more dangerous as the slip on power increases. There they the more powerless they feel, the more reckless he will become, and the more dangerous he will become. And the only thing I want to make sure because I'm really beyond whether or not these are positions that have to be taken in order to win a majority again, because I think that they could breathe and practically win back the majority come next year.
Speaker 6: The Democratic Party.
Speaker 2: Listen, that's all Democratic, that's listen, that's practically that's all we do.
Speaker 5: But we wet the bed all the way to the wet dream.
Speaker 14: Right.
Speaker 2: So the problem is is I'm more concerned about whether or not there is an appetite, a stomach for holding the administration writ large accountable beyond it if they are vested with the power of majority. And right now I am very squeamish about whether or not that is even that that's even in the cards.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm most giving about it. But I realized that.
Speaker 2: There are other grenches out here, and I'm going to be the first one to let go down to flag the.
Speaker 5: Clearing the air she's.
Speaker 6: Trying to flag.
Speaker 1: Exactly, she's trying to flag for us that it's time to go to the next subject. And speaking of occupants and homes that do not belong, there's a story recently in d C where a woman was squatting in an Airbnb that she rented out last year.
Speaker 3: Let's roll this clip. This is why policy matters, y'all.
Speaker 17: The alleged squad originally got into the home through Airbnb, claiming that her apartment caught fire and it needed time to get repairs. Now, that was back in February. Roshane Douglas says she didn't know she was opening her life up to a nightmare when she accepted shadijro Romero's Airbnb reservation almost ten months ago. That reservation ended March twenty ninth, after thirty two days, and Romero hasn't paid another dime.
Speaker 1: So what I think is fascinating about this is there are a lot of times where we hear elected officials speaking about the rights of tenants. There was a whole candidate in New York's in a New York City mayoral race a few years back. His party was the rent is too damn High party. But very rarely do we hear how these things may impact landlords, because every landlord is not running a big apartment building is a big real estate developer. Sometimes there are folks who just want to you have multiple streams of income. For Shannon is one of those folks.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 8: There is an interview Nick that I sent you.
Speaker 1: Look at the second clip with the squatter, but I will just say, y'all, this is beyond.
Speaker 3: There was footage of them evicting.
Speaker 1: The judge finally ruled that she could in fact be evicted from the property.
Speaker 8: They went to clear the house. The woman started treating the property like.
Speaker 3: It was her own. The airbnb.
Speaker 1: So I want to just sit here for a moment because I do think it's important. Again, we often talk about the rights of the tenant. But I'm gonna tell you, adverse possession in squad and is a white man's game.
Speaker 8: That's what they did on this land. They went ahead and squatted on it.
Speaker 6: Man, I can fix that, though, How go over there and lock a man?
Speaker 7: You can't like even turning off the utilities and everything like. That's they were in court, they were going back and forth.
Speaker 3: This is going on.
Speaker 11: To turn the lights back on four I would put a two by four in front of her door so quick then you would.
Speaker 3: Get it right because that was a fire hazard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she put up a sign on the outside of the property that said the person occupying this building right now does not have the right to be here. The bitch put a sheet over it, Yeah, she put She dropped the sheet out of the window.
Speaker 3: The woman literally covered the sign.
Speaker 7: You know, I think this is so uh unfortunate because the woman was still paying a mortgage, not making any money on the home, and decreasing or depleting her finances. So it's awful, you know, like you don't, I can't imagine, And she really had its. Eventually, the court ruled in her favor and the woman had to go, and so they showed her going inside the apartment. The woman had so much stuff there she had to pay people to have the house cleaned out.
Speaker 3: The one was like a hoarder, and the woman was She was like, I have a non profit.
Speaker 7: She didn't seem right in the mind, but she had clearly done this before and had done her research and knew how to get away with this.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, So questioned them what type of because I don't I don't know, I've never stayed in the airbnb, Like, what type of so so unfortunate?
Speaker 6: What type of research goes into It's.
Speaker 3: Not research on Airbnb, it's research on tenant.
Speaker 6: I mean like what maybe no, no, no, let me ask a better question.
Speaker 11: What type of vetting or background goes into the people who can rent the airb's So it's up.
Speaker 3: To then the homeowner.
Speaker 7: So there are some people who just buy investment properties and you can automatically check in like it's all done once you get the money.
Speaker 3: It's awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I'm in thought, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Maybe I didn't. Let me just be more clear. Maybe I was confusing to the audience.
Speaker 7: I'm saying for the person who owns the home, they have the right when you go to look at their property. They have the right and they can say some people just have they own investment properties. And so you can go on there and just click I want to rent this place, and it's all done automatically. The money is transferred, then you get an automatic message. This is how you gain access to the property. There are other situations where you say a little bit about yourself and the owner of the home has the right to say I yes, I choose to rent to you, or no, I don't choose to rent to you. So it's really up to the owner on how they deal with it. Now, So Bakari like, if if you ever wanted to do this, that's how it would work, and you can decide which one and then they are their super hosts that you know and you can have like a book and experience. So there have been so many incidents where they're like, no parties on our property, or sometimes the owner lives across the street and they can see what's happening. There is an incident where a woman had her entire bridal party come and get their hair and makeup there and the woman has them all kicked out because she said, I said no parties here. This is not what I wanted to happen in my home. There are properties where they say this is the home where we live, and their family pictures are up and they're like, we're just making a few, you know, bucks for the summer, so please respect our home as though we live here. It's all type of issues that you know, in different situations.
Speaker 11: I think I saw one where a guy's son was he was still in there while they rented out, like they were having a party in the airbnb, and the sun was still there in like a locked room.
Speaker 2: And the mandate, I mean, I think in New York it now requires first of all, the industry is practically get in the city. But one of the reasons why is because it requires you to be at the property. Yeah, the owner to be at the property along with those who are renting to. So essentially you're cohabitating for that period either a weekend or a week or whatever the rental is for with the tenant itself. And again, now the intention there was the sort of I think, kind of kill the industry off.
Speaker 3: Well, what's good reason? I think across all.
Speaker 7: Predominantly seventy two, across all seventy two black New York City neighborhoods, not even just burroughs, but neighborhoods. The airbnb hosts were five times more likely to be white in those neighborhoods. The Airbnb pot Like when you just look at who was renting airbnbs in New York City, it was like seventy four or seventy five percent white, where the residents who were impacted were like less than fourteen percent white.
Speaker 3: So it was really displacing a lot of black people.
Speaker 7: White airbnb hosts and black neighborhoods made almost one hundred and sixty million dollars in one year. Black people were not benefiting from that. This is a lot of people complain about airbnbs because they say it leads to displacement and gentrification when it comes, and we all know black neighborhoods that are impacted by that. So in New York City, I think you have to like rent for one year, but also be karre to answer your question. You as the renter, you can say I only want to rent the entire home, or you can say I want to rent a room in a home.
Speaker 8: But really quick on this because I just want to get us back to tips point.
Speaker 3: Most A lot of them are white.
Speaker 1: This is a black air and b Airbnb own homeowner, and I want us to hear from the squatter because the reason this black woman saw this other black woman who'd been impacted her heme had been damaged by water damage after a fire, and she felt compassionate for this woman, compassion for this woman and opened up the doorstore home for a short term stay.
Speaker 3: Let's please hear what the renter has to say. A fired they think she started by the way. Oh lord, I didn't to hear that part too.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I sat down with any emotional Shdidjia Romero inside Rochelle Douglas's home?
Speaker 18: Did you book the airbnb with the intention of staying No?
Speaker 12: I did not book the Airbnb with the intent of saying, so, why are you still here? Because after the repairs were done, the place still smelled like fire and there was water damage, so the water damage was more substantial than the fire damage.
Speaker 18: You didn't go back to your apartment because it's still smelled like smoke and water damage and water damage. What makes you choose to stay here instead? When the homeowner has clear she doesn't want you here, doesn't want to be a landlord.
Speaker 17: There's now no utilities on, there's wood boarded up, there's a sign outside saying she doesn't want you here.
Speaker 18: What's making you choose to stay?
Speaker 12: So, no, that didn't start until literally this month. We'll start the sign on the building or the utility. That wasn't something that happened prior to this point, prior to this month. So if that had happened months ago, and that was something that I've been dealing with for months, I would leave. So now with all of this going on, I am going to leave.
Speaker 9: Chow.
Speaker 1: She operating a whole business out of the place. Y'all side a sheet covering up the sign. For those of you who are just listening, there's a sheet covering up the sign. She you have to be like like like put in a position of frustration to leave a place where your stay has like you've overextended your state.
Speaker 8: And by the way, let's be clear, have not paid.
Speaker 3: Andrew home owners money month after month after month. And it is in Washington, d C.
Speaker 7: The nation's capital, which is one of the most expensive as Angela and I certainly know is one of the most expensive places to live in the country.
Speaker 2: And the landscape around who owns and rents these places. I think looks different in different communities. Yeah, I have plenty of college classmates who went and bought properties as Airbnb was becoming sort of more ubiquitous in places, And I do think there has to be protections in places where housing affordability and housing access is that critical crisis, and quite frankly, that's in far too many communities across the country. That has to be dealt with. But that doesn't mean that you, at the same time have to assault an industry in total because the community has decided to ignore its housing issues. In fact, I think you can do both at one time, and one doesn't have to come exclusively at the cost necessarily of another. The If you don't don't want to have short term rentals available in your community, your community local decision makers out to make that decision and make that consideration with all of these factors at the table. Right, we don't want them because these are the kinds of down down course impacts that it has. But once the community has made that decision, I just think it's abusive. As you know, a lot of these landlord tenant laws exist not for short term weekend and vacation rentals, but for people who are living deeply seated in these communities, who are trying to find affordable places to live for themselves and for their families, those landlord tenant laws have come around when you've had a landlord here has raised the rent with no notice to the tenants at one hundred percent and two hundred percent or seventy percent of with the persons initially agreed to, and now they're left on the hook trying to find a place at the last minute because the landlord decided to increase the rents with no notice to the people who are there. So I understand, lieutenant laws. What I'm confused, not confused by. What's maddening about this is that this person took advantage of what were landlord tenant laws that likely existed in the district to prevent such situations as rents being changed at the last minute and people being evicted because the criteria for around renting have changed again at the last minute, at the hands of the tenant, at the hands of the land owner. In this case, you have somebody who basically looked up the laws, the rules, understood what they were doing, and took complete and total advantage or a short term rental agreement in order to to basically maneuver themselves into a long term squatter, you know, situation.
Speaker 5: And it's wrong.
Speaker 11: You know, her glasses gave off kind of shady, shady. I saw shady and the glasses front.
Speaker 5: I saw shady and all the oils.
Speaker 6: Because this is an ignorance statement. But I know, we got to rap in a little bit. But I got it.
Speaker 3: I got a real so like got to end on ignorance.
Speaker 11: Yeah yeah, yeah, but but now, I mean it's it's my ignorance. It's not like a general ignorance. But why why do people choose an airbnb over a hotel?
Speaker 5: Costs? For me as my kids, it was the fact that we could spread out more on vacations.
Speaker 11: So instead of getting two rooms or something, the costs Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I was gonna say, but cooking and also you sacrifice those amenities that you haven't I got you.
Speaker 6: I'm following.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, if you think about somebody like Andrew just brought up the short term rentals, there are some reasons that people do short term rentals. For example, y'all know my mom has gone through cancer treatment. If she was gonna have to do more treatments in MD Anderson in Houston, would we would have preferred to get like an Airbnb or some type of short term rental somewhere rather than going to a hotel for convenience too, Like, at some point hotels get a little like this ain't really the space that we need.
Speaker 3: This isn't the vibe.
Speaker 1: It needs to feel more homely till we can feel more comfortable with kids.
Speaker 2: We had neighbors and hotels knocking on the door, you know, knocking on the walls like yes, your kids crying.
Speaker 6: I never really thought about that.
Speaker 11: I mean, and there's some really nice four seasons of rich have any Airbnbs?
Speaker 7: So that's still the pole home probably yeah, but it wouldn't be the four seasons. It would be the home own of the person who purchased the four season residents, who has an Airbnb. And the Angel's point about hospital stays. Some Airbnb's advertised we're right by the Cleveland clinic. Yes, that's right by Mount Sinai because they know that people need to stay there for long term care.
Speaker 2: Or you're vacationing with friends who you see maybe every other homecoming and you' all don't want to be in a different hotel rooms.
Speaker 7: You want to be in the same was just about to say when we when the Machees take our trip every year, we don't.
Speaker 3: We try not to do hotels. We're going to help it.
Speaker 7: We want to be in the house because we have common space. We want to have our meals together. We want our privacy.
Speaker 6: Probably you could probably smoke easier and we can smoke.
Speaker 7: Well, some of us can smoke easier, but we also want our privacy, you know, like we we don't want to be you know, people taking pictures or you know, we want to be a frank.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just have never done an airbn be I might have to look into that.
Speaker 1: And some of them are like, they don't hurt airbnb's but they are short term rental like luxury vacation rentals and all that. But either way, I think that at the end of the day, what we're talking about here is this is a perfect example of why you cannot paint policy with such a broad brush. You have to think about the loopholes, the exceptions, the things that exist that will also cause palm to the people who are trying to quote achieve the American dream and this, I think is a perfect example.
Speaker 3: This is two black women. Hate to see it.
Speaker 1: But I was blown by this story because then the main thing I wanted to ask y'all, which we didn't really get to, is what would you do?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 3: Really? Can I ask no question?
Speaker 6: Not do it no more?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like no, I'm gonna something, but there's no way.
Speaker 1: And pray that your tenant pays the rent, because that a whole other thing people can place up like it is crazy.
Speaker 18: M H.
Speaker 3: I have a question.
Speaker 7: I don't know what you guys see on your computer screen, but we're all obviously in separate places and we can see, like who's in the podcast with us? And I would like to ask who the f u c K is Michael B. Jordan's who has the temerity to be calling themselves Michael B.
Speaker 3: Jordan's.
Speaker 7: I let the audience guessbly you only need one guest, though already been told her.
Speaker 3: There goes that.
Speaker 6: First of all, I don't know no nigga name to Mary, but I can't tell you that when.
Speaker 11: I went to put my Christmas swa on and I got them little De'angelo's made his God rest and may rest in peace and little v's that I got it working on.
Speaker 6: I was like, yeah, let me go ahead and just yeah, I'm a little untitled, untitled. You know where he showed the v's, that's what I got.
Speaker 2: You know what you have?
Speaker 1: You have grandeur's of delusion and we were going to pray that that also gets resolved with your WiFi. In case you're wondering why Bakari looks crazy and doesn't understand his angles on his head, it's.
Speaker 6: My computer battery, it's not my WiFi.
Speaker 1: But we've told whatever it is, we have literally told you about this down computer.
Speaker 8: Like today is the day he decided that he needs a new computer.
Speaker 1: So when you'll see any comics on Instagram, please make sure that you tell Bakari to get a new computer post taste.
Speaker 3: That is my call to action.
Speaker 1: Please, we have in every no matter what Boocari posts on this page, say where your no computer at?
Speaker 3: That is my call to action for the day.
Speaker 5: Press battery, just batter battery.
Speaker 6: Riverside needs to become more battery efficient. I'm gonna call it. See, I'm gonna talk to some.
Speaker 3: People that's not on Riverside. None of us have these problems.
Speaker 13: You do.
Speaker 3: Who else has a call to action?
Speaker 5: Battery stuffs? Fine, okay for bookar bee, for bees.
Speaker 6: That's people.
Speaker 11: I mean, you know along with my name that you know I've been working on my body, chiseling it up, leaning it out. I hope that everybody takes some time to find a gym.
Speaker 6: This not just January.
Speaker 5: Not just gym visits the gym January.
Speaker 3: Everybody go to the gym by February.
Speaker 11: The gym in January is like church, like church on Easter, like everybody about to show up.
Speaker 6: I need y'all there.
Speaker 11: I need y'all at least be consistent for ninety days. Try two times a weekend if you even if you can't afford the gym membership. By the way, Move Fitness is only twelve dollars every two weeks.
Speaker 3: What is go walking?
Speaker 6: Just go walking, go walking?
Speaker 3: What is move Fitness?
Speaker 7: We're not about to be promo and Move Fitness. They could buy some they pay them for this, Like.
Speaker 14: What is that?
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm throwing there and sweat it out a little bit. But anyway, I'm just that's okay.
Speaker 2: I like that January and February about the worst months in the world for the gym because all the new people like Bakari I got admonishments. They don't follow the rules. They be grunting out.
Speaker 5: Loud, you know, just doing way too much.
Speaker 3: You're but Andrew got gun.
Speaker 2: I would just suggest that the regulars pushed through on these on these folks who got all these kind of you know, new observations about working out for the first two months of the year and then they you know, they vacation for the remainders.
Speaker 3: Well, this is Christmas, so I'm eating today.
Speaker 1: I'm my workout is gonna be sifting my arm to my mouth to eat.
Speaker 3: I'm eating to shut off.
Speaker 5: For the black Santa.
Speaker 3: Kids, all the black babies. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I'm honestly nervous about a call to action I gave earlier.
Speaker 5: Breaking work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna be shameless and say we got your back.
Speaker 5: You said it.
Speaker 7: January first, the book will be available. Please go out and buy my book on January first. You'll see the career.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's my that's my c t A.
Speaker 11: That's I'm gonna put it down on New Year's Evening by Tiffany Yek.
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 3: What you're gonna put down.
Speaker 1: On that note, uh, don't sign our just yet. We really appreciate you all. We wish you and your families a wonderful, wonderful Christmas. For those who celebrate, we're going to do a little bit of that ourselves, supporting black business. Make sure that you celebrate Kwansa. Tell somebody happy Kwanza. I'm gonna get the days until the next midterms really soon in the chat because I have no idea, but we are so grateful that you all have journeyed with us this entire year. There are three hundred and thirteen days until the midterm elections.
Speaker 3: Until next time. Welcome home, y'all. Welcome.
Speaker 1: Native Lampod is a production of iHeartRadio in partnership with Reason Choice Media. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.