Speaker 1: Home run, Julio Let's play ball. Welcome in everybody to Fantasy pros. This is leading off, brought to you by bet MGM, the King of Fort's Books. It's me Joey p Joe piece Appier with you, Christopher Welsh with you as well, the Peanuts, the Cracker Jacks, the early start time all week at eleven am. Because my children. You know, look, they have camp. They have to get out of the house for at least a week or so do some things. The kids ruin all your plans. I mean, no matter what you've laid out there, they just ruined them. Welsh, I mean, you know this better.
Speaker 2: I just don't tell you that. They just don't tell you that.
Speaker 1: Don't tell you.
Speaker 2: They don't tell you. Hey what, I can't go out all day to rookie League and watch seventeen year olds hit all day long and I can't do it day and night. Everything I can't, Dan, I have kids. What kind of camp are they doing?
Speaker 1: By the way, Yeah, speaking of kids, though, one kid that's not ruined. What's that? Oh? Well, they're both a camp. One is doing a soccer camp and the other one's doing like a multi sport camp and it's only like for three hours a day. Like it's kind of breaks up the day a little bit. You know. I don't like my kids. Some people have to, you know, they work, They put their kids in camp, you know, full time all summer. I like to give them a little bit of a break, hang out, read books, go in the pool, play with their friends, take them to do stuff, all those kind of things. Kind of spend some extra time. And because I feel like, you know, we take breaks, like they should get in a little break too. But at a certain point in the middle of the summer, it's good that they have a little structure for a week or two and they do some stuff and get out of there, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I get out of here, get out of here. You It could have been like sword fighting camp or I don't know, it just could have been something.
Speaker 1: You're right with me, It could have been anything. There is actually at the school where they're doing one of them is doing the sports camp. There was actually a Harry Potter thing. I don't know if it's quidditch. I don't know what they're doing, but I wanted to sign up for that. I was not allowed. I was told it was not allowed.
Speaker 2: As they don't have an adult camp. An adult I mean they have like the baseball one where you can do it for a couple days during spring train. We need i'bout like an adult Harry Potter camp. Or that's that just LARPing. I think it's just I.
Speaker 1: Think that's just I think, yeah, I think that's just mother's basement. And yeah. But one kid who certainly made some history last night, Julia Rodriguez. Oh boy was he good? Now he did not win the home run derby. Hopefully you watched it because it was it was super entertaining. It was great to see old man Albert Pools make it out of the first round. That to me, that warned my heart. I was rooting for him to do it. He did it. I like it, and I liked him doing it in the Cardinal Jersey gave me kind of all the fields of the you know, all time great Albert Pooholes. I made one wager, as I said, I was going to narrow down the field. I did put money on Sodo last night, and I'm trying to let everybody know, like you can wager and not be a complete degenerate and lose your house. You can do this have a little fun. I put twenty bucks on FanDuel on Wan soda last night to win the Derby small Field easy to understand. I knew the basically. I knew I had almost a coin flip chance with Soto too. I thought I had a fifty percent chance of getting it right because of the bracket and situation he was in. And guess what, one hundred and forty bucks later. Oh, I mean, that's it. That's fun. That's a bill like that pays a wireless bill in your house, or.
Speaker 2: Something that pays for quidditch camp or quidditch camp ye or quidditch camp exactly.
Speaker 1: So someone shakes the stigma of all that Welsh. I think we need to start shaking the stigma of like, oh Betty, it's a weird and no it's not. You can do it, have some fun, make small bets and come out actually better than DFS most nights, to be honest.
Speaker 2: Well, the people that everyone likes the unit shaming and it's like, you know, if someone goes out and bets ten or fifteen bucks, people are like, oh, I agree, I completely agree. You don't have to get nuts, you don't have to do crazy bets. You really, you don't. You can find just one thing you like. You can only come out of the woodwork when stuff like this happens. You can have some fun, you absolutely can, and last night would have been a prime example of it. Can I ask you a question, though, sure you really think that Kyle Schwerver struggled like he did? You really don't think there was a little bit of like, whoops, ooops, little thing here, little thing here for good old Albert Poolholes that I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Me well, you know, actually, speaking of the pitching and stuff like that too, Juan Soto's pitcher did not do him any favors last night. Holy crap. When you watch the guy who was throwing to Julio last night, who literally was just he was like throwing darts at the exact same location.
Speaker 2: You mean you mean Keith from the Precious Gemstones As I read it out, that was if you watch that show, that was Keith from the Precious Gemstones. One percent. That guy was amazing, but he's got amazing stories.
Speaker 1: But dude, he was throwing darts in the same location every time, and Julio was just rocket baseballs out one soda was so good of a hitter that anytime a ball is six inches away or even three inches away, I should say he's hitting the ball the opposite field and just hitting the line drive doubles. He can't change how good he is as a player, which I think it is always a fascinating thing to watch him. But he's so good of a hitter that eventually I always feel like he's gonna win out in these kind of things. And Peter Alonzo looked at a great job. You know, Peter Alonzo takes it so seriously. Would you think of him deadlifting in between.
Speaker 2: That goes that goes on the the what is it? The Welsh's hardos and the Joe's hardos and the Welsh's tough guy whatever it is, Like, I love that stuff. I love that about Peter Alonzo taking it way too seriously. Also, did you see the interview after the first round. He just had like no part of only like they're just like, hey, how what do you think about this? He's like, yep, I hit the heart. He just wasn't into like getting into crazy stuff.
Speaker 1: He was just so and he takes it so serious and I always wanted but it's it's so awesome. Like I feel like we all want our athletes to be for our entertainment, to take it that seriously. They care so much. I do. And I think that Peter Alonzo just gets it, like he just understands. And that's why I feel like everybody just loves the dude. He's just, you know, likable guy. He gets it, he understands, he understands winning is important. He understands these events are important to the fans. It I love that dude. He's great. I do too.
Speaker 2: One interest an interesting dynamic was you're talking about like the bad pitching. Acunya was dealing with the same thing. He looked like frustrating, especially really early on.
Speaker 1: But why don't they have a pitching machine, Welsh? I mean, why shouldn't they?
Speaker 2: I mean, we have pitching strategy. Maybe that's as part of the strategy is picking the guy who throws you from pitching machine, can't I mean, that's it can just bump up up. But some of these guys have a certain way they want to be pitched, and you know, but you can set up.
Speaker 1: The pitching machine to get that location they want and then just feed and feed and feed, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean in theory. I again, it's a great question.
Speaker 1: And then it would be even where that you take the human error element out of it. That's I don't know.
Speaker 2: But an interesting dynamic was did you see when Acunyan knew like he wasn't they went to over a shot of him on the ground just on his phone scrolling because he was so frustrated, Like that was a different type of taking it too serious by the way, like, yeah, he was openly frustrated with the bad pitches. Did all Right had the highest TV I think of the day of any of the home run hits, And then he was on his phone and as Alonzo hit it, He's just sitting there scrolling on his phone. I was like, man, I love that, But I also can appreciate I.
Speaker 1: Think now you understand how him and Freddy Freeman had their issues. I think when you see the moments like that, yeah, maybe you know, I got Kuny's a little bit of a powder.
Speaker 2: But I also I can appreciate that type of like pettiness of being like you're just you're so blah blah blah, and you're just like I'm not gonna even watch, like I'm gonna show you how mad I am, and I'm just.
Speaker 1: Appreciate the Spike store. You appreciate it. It's good. There's a there wasn't a look. Like I said, it was very entertaining. If you missed it, go back and watch it. I also thought the the Derek Jeter special after that started was very good. I watched that too. The Captain. I don't know if you watched The Captain last night after the derby was over, but that was good. That's gonna be a funny series for sure.
Speaker 2: Randy Wilkins, who's done some stuff with recently, did a great panel at Picture Con last year with Picture List was the one who that together if I remember maybe that was a Jordan one. But real quick on because I feel like we're going to move out of this. A couple of stats from the home run derby.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, sure.
Speaker 2: There were some amazing bets like coming back to what you were saying and destigmatizing like being able to bet. You also could go nuts. DraftKings last night had the ability to draft like exit velocities on players and the ability to draft total home runs and matchups and stuff like that. And the highest EV was one seventeen of any home run last night when we went to Ronald Acuna, who had an over of one I believe thirteen and a half. He was the number one I saw of EV's one seventeen. The total home run total was two fifty one and a half.
Speaker 1: To bet.
Speaker 2: There were two hundred and ninety one homers hit, so that went over. The average exit velocity was one of four point six and the average distance of the homers was four hundred and sixteen feet.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what's interesting too. You know, we had spoken at length, and I know I was talking about it everywhere. This is a young man's game now, the way they've set it up, and the guys who were in the final were under twenty five years old. You have to be athletically really fit to withstand the rounds and the time of this and the way you can have the timeouts and the bonus time and all this stuff, you know, and that was something that was clear. Next year, you get Julio in Seattle, hopefully doing this in front of the hometown crowd. By the way, I don't know if you thought about that, but that is going to be fun and I will put my money on Julio in that one. I think the energy from the crowd will be a special moment there.
Speaker 2: Well, the one thing that was wild, I don't know if we talked about it on here. I had found this out right after we did the show yesterday. But he did a practice round. Julio did thirty seven homers. He had put on early on, his number went from like eighteen up to twenty six yesterday, and all day long his numbers were just right. Julio's rising, rising, rising, and you can look at it and be like, oh, I don't know if he can really put that together, And then he showed he did with two thirty plus rounds, thirty seven homer's in a practice round. He was able to put that in game. And by the way, just the last thing on it, if you remember, he started the game off with a swing and miss, with an absolute swing and miss on the very first pitch, and then the crowd kind of got on him and he proceeded to drop thirty plus homers on there. It is a young man's game. It's going to be super fun. And God knows the list of guys we're going to get next year, maybe even some of the you know, top prospects. We're sitting around now maybe a little Bobby Wit definitely.
Speaker 1: You know what. The other thing too, I don't like is when they change the ball on them and the bonus time you don't change the color of the baseball on guys when they're in a groove hitting. It's it, really And every single time nobody hit a first pitch home run or a second pitch home run. Yeah, like every time they switched to that ball, it took them like two or three to get an adjustment to it. And even even the announcer was saying it last night too, And.
Speaker 2: I'd like three point contest when they do, you know, like the weird ball.
Speaker 1: For the works up here, but in practice it doesn't work. It's theoretically I get it, it's cool, but it's super annoying to the play because they were locked in and the way they look for the baseball and it's a different rotation. It's totally I agree with that.
Speaker 2: I agree with that fun fact a ton of the baseballs were autographed, so as they were being hit and people were getting their souvenir, people were collecting autographed baseballs from the home run derby, which I thought was a really cool added thing. I don't know how many they did, but many of them were so you know, you know what else twenty three miles of Homer's.
Speaker 1: Starling Marte hanging out with Jan Soto, that all that did was just fuel my Mets.
Speaker 2: Fire, fueled the little bit of the fire.
Speaker 1: Did you think about that? I mean you had to be thinking about that in your back of your head. You be like, Joe must be watching this, going yes, yes, starting Marte recruit.
Speaker 2: I was a little shocked with the amount of like just trade talk that was going on. I mean, you had Muster only go on and be like, hey, he's getting traded in the next fifteen days.
Speaker 1: Oji.
Speaker 2: You got reporters asking Soda. Sodo had the best responses ever. They asked him, hey, what do you think about, you know, hitting in New York And he goes, oh, I love playing against the Mets, and he said laying against the Mets like six times and uh and even players were being asked. Manny Machado commented on it. It was a wild situation that I don't know, man, I will tell you I was fifty percent that he gets traded by the deadline, like sixty. Now I moved a little bit top after all that it was really really a good situation.
Speaker 1: But meet me at the ninety nine. That's where I want to be.
Speaker 2: National's going to go trade generational talent. Guy who just runs a home in Derby. What are they going to trade him for? The team is goingna to unload, whether it's Padres or the Mets. They are going to have to unload their system to make this work. The Nationals cannot lose face on this, even though they already theoretically are all right.
Speaker 1: Some other news and notes optimism that Joe Musgrove is going to be assigning a contract extension with the Padres. That would be a very good move for the Padres. A show ay Otani unlikely to pitch in the AFSCAR game. No surprise there. You are going to get Clayton Kershaw starting, which makes a lot of sense. I think it's fun. Dodger Stadium, blah blah. Yeah, that Haam is going to start for the American League. Yes, Well, did you see.
Speaker 2: Your former co host Craig Mish kind of got out and like a very very intense like he's still together in the fall. No, I don't know, I mean, I don't know what you guys do. But I'm just saying, what you guys do in the in the shadows, I'm not fine cheet on man, that's your only go okay. But he had a tweet where he was like, I've never it was like, I've never been so disappointed. What a missed opportunity, Like he was pissed that al Kintara did not get.
Speaker 1: The Oh he well, look he's following. He's the Marlins beat hit. He's not wrong. I mean, he's not wrong. This is baseball building the theater. I mean there is only one pitcher who deserves to start for the National League. It's very clear who that guy is. And they went with Kershaw, who is good theater. And to me, I get that it's it's the starting of the All Star Game. But to me, from the rating standpoint, you're gonna get early inning ratings anyway. Keep Kershaw a little bit, have him be the second guy to keep people watching so he gets that ovation when he takes the man when he walks out like that could be cool too. It also be the old guy, asked King, saying, look, you know, I'm old. The back isn't what it used to be. I need to do my routine be able to start if you want me to pitch in this game. Otherwise I can't come in the third inning like that work doesn't suit for me.
Speaker 2: Bob Bagman was pretty a suit about this. That just snickers an old old school manager. Let the veteran go, hometown guy. I hadn't put that together. Missu's actual tweet was, I'm so disappointed beyond words for Sandy. I love history and ceremony more than anyone, but this is complete horse little poop emoji once in a lifetime chance missed. I was like, oh, that's a pretty intense thing. I get it, probably the most deserved, but you do have to think of the context of LA and a guy that's right there.
Speaker 1: It just makes look it's good for the business of baseball, but it's not the right decision. But I understand. I said, I think the real thing here, more than anything, is probably Clayton Kershall saying, my routine is very set. If you want me in this game, I've got to do the pre in routine in order to get ready for it nowadays because my body doesn't respond like it did when I was twenty seven years old. And I think that is a fair assumption too. When you factor that in, it is unfortunate though for all contra I mean, it's it's just is. The Rangers selected the top prep arm porter in the fourth round, so we get Welsh's take on that. Also, we had some injury news to talk about. Steven Strasburg out for the year. Pretty much official at this point, not that anybody was waiting breaking news, breaking news. Is Steven Strasbourg done? Period, Well we're gonna see him you again.
Speaker 2: He was done. I made a stupid bet with Bogman this year that I thought, back half you might get you know, Strasburg out there doing the thing and just you can't do it. He's just just breaks apart.
Speaker 1: Just snaps syndrome and another career telling him he was done.
Speaker 2: He is done. I'm the Nationals would probably. I'm surprised the Nationals haven't come to him with like a Bobby Bonia type of thing, like can we just stretch this out over the next thirty five years and just new ownership money because it's a contractual nightmare. One of the reasons you could theorize that might be conflicting with Wan Soto, you know, the some of the rumors at least is the supposed offer to Juan Soto is so backloaded because the Nationals have got some serious money still tied and Strasburg is one of those issues that maybe that is part of it.
Speaker 1: Is it worth a nets? Like if you're the Mets or the Dodgers or anybody, is it worth not moving the prospects and taking Strasburg's contract back in the deal with Sodo.
Speaker 2: I mean I will never sit here and be a money guy like that. I'll never be like, oh hey, let's just financially get a little bit better. No, you should take all the pieces you possibly can because here's the other thing, Like the Nationals, where's the appeal if you get to Juan Soto, what's the appeal? Is just a bunch of money. Like they're you know what they're gonna do, agree, Texas Rangers. They're going to have to go and sign and spend half a billion dollars on guys like Corey Seeger and Marcus Simeon. And that's not what you want to do to create a whole new era. You want to build with within. You want to have a star or two to get people that want to come play with you, and you just completely start over. I don't particularly love how the I mean, the Rangers are doing this in an interesting way. It's not ideal, and I think that's where the Nationals are headed.
Speaker 1: So I Rangers could have John Gray, Jack Lighter, Kamar Rocker and a pretty decent little team.
Speaker 2: But again that's decent. I mean, the Nationals are a huge market team. They want to be highly competitive. Look at the money and look at the people that they've let go because of the next guy. You know, the next guy goes to pay this other guy, and ultimately once they pay him or can't pay him, they just move along. They got to figure something out. You can't continuously.
Speaker 1: But you're not gonna I'm telling you right now, if you if you package soda with Strasbourg or Corbyn or whoever you're taking along with it, they are not going to get the same hall of prospects. No, there's no way that, there's no way that all comes together. You might get one premium one and that, but you're not going to get the backup truck of prospects and unloading one of those two major contracts. I just don't think you're gonna get.
Speaker 2: I would back up the truck. I would ask them to back up the truck.
Speaker 1: That's what I would do too, But it's kind of an interesting conversation to have Chris Sale undergo surgery manufractured finger. Frankie Montos is cleared for Thursday, so fingers crossed. The entire Oakland A's organization is going to be going to churches all over the local area and lighting candles, hoping that Frankie Montos makes it through five innings so they could trade him. The Angels place Mike Trout on the ten day IL, and Mike Trout says he's going to be captain of the Team USA team in the World Baseball Classic. So there you go. There's your there's your Mike Trout news of the day. Here's a leading off mailbag question from our own Larry C. Who do you think will be the first player from yesterday's draft to make it to the big League's Welsh.
Speaker 2: That has been a very common question right now. Well, this exact question were I did a CBS hit that's up today and we were going through this. The first part is I don't think there's any guy that does the jump, you know, that does the whole like, hey, we're not like Carrott Crochet, we're not going to play in the miners, but that's not necessarily what you were asking. My gut tells me the first is one of two guys and the outside shot. If the Angels were a really good team, I would have said Ben Joyce. Ben Joyce his famously throws one hundred and five miles an hour at Tennessee. He's a back half reliever, could be an instant closer. And as I said, like, I think a guy that throws one hundred and five you could probably throw in right now. But the Angels suck the worst, so why would you go and do that? That would be one And also, oh, I guess no. I think Garrett Crochet was a volunteer as well, so that could be part of that. The other guy is Jacob Berry with the Marlins, and Miss actually covered this as well. They're gonna start pushing and moving and Jacob Barry was with U of A moved to LSU, big big time team, and I think that's a possibility that he could be out there with huge, huge power. Doesn't strike out like one of those big boppers, does he actually walked, I believe more than he struck out in the miners. So that's like my gut feeling. But I really think it's a big clump of players that seem a lot. I want to say Kumar Rocker, but I haven't heard the plan. But that's a guy's old enough for you.
Speaker 1: You got to figure. Look, you know, you don't want to waste too much time. You're to waste a year last year, he's older than was he twenty three twenty four? Like he's old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, and that's the thing. If they do what they did with Lighter last year, then I'll say no. And what they did with Lighter last year is they just said go have fun and workout. They did nothing. He didn't pitch it all professionally, and then boom, you're at double A this year. But if they push him up to double A this year, I think there's a legit shot they might look at him breaking camp next year. It depends on the medicals, and it depends on how aggressive they go, because they've also shown they can be the opposite of aggressive with Lighter last year. So I would say Ben Joyce, Jacob Barry, Kumar Rocker are my top. And then obviously you know some great college guys like Kevin Parrada, brooks Ley Brooksley probably not with the twins. Those are a few options.
Speaker 1: I love that you loved Parada because as a Mets fan, I was a little, you know, kind of surprised at the pick in some ways. But I was like, well, you know, I guess if they think Alvarez is a piece to move, then I got every players that catching systems sooner than later.
Speaker 2: So he's just great. Yeah, And as I've speculated, like I told you before, was very attached to the Nationals, so just something to watch. The Nationals were coming to him, were like this, they were in all the mocks. It was proud oft to the Nationals.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do a little Kamara Rocker trivia sort of kind of prior to who was the last player taking the top ten of two different MLB drafts. If you know the answer, drop it here in the chat. Who's the last player to be taken top ten in two MLB drafts? So again, you have to be somebody who subscribes to Fantasy Pros MLB. Let's see if anybody's got some answers in there before Welsh, before Welsh ruins it for every prospect knowledge. I think you are because you're too smart about these things. Sometimes don't ruin it.
Speaker 2: But I don't think I'm going to My guess I think is wrong and it's because of this. Do you want me to wait or wait?
Speaker 1: Let's do the home run board and then we'll come back to it. All right, here's the home run leaders at the all star break, High Cobbies at thirty five, Diplommeat thirty two, Larry c A thirty one. Now this was going into yesterday's home run derby. We will factor in all the derby stuff. I'm sure there's a lot of complicated math that has to happen. So again, this is heading. This is not from the derby last night. This was heading into the derby on Monday, so I just wanted to be clear about that. But still high cobbies up at the top. Very exciting times when it's time to be alive. All right, Welsh, I will let you throw out an answer here, and somebody is in the chat also that has an answer.
Speaker 2: So that was my answer was Mark Pelle. But the reason I think I'm wrong, because if I'm remembering correctly, I actually think of Pelle was twelve to the Pirates. The year before and then he went top or is this correct? And it is Markpell? That was my guest.
Speaker 1: It is Markapelle. Oh, it is Mark one, and ten's ten okay.
Speaker 2: For some reason, I was thinking it was twelve.
Speaker 1: And I remember getting into a legit Twitter beef about Mark Pell versus John Gray, and I think it was with oh Mike Ginella, who was one of the great baseball fun people who I actually love. Mike, and we were arguing back and forth about Markpelle and John gra I was like, how can you watch these two guys pitch to think that Marcopelle is better than John Gray? I don't understand how any I was like, you're right, Like he's gonna have a tougher road because he's in Colorado. But you know what, John Gray's in the big leagues right now. In John Gray in Texas in the last thirty days looks awesome by the way, I mean, not good, well awesome. Can we look at the last thirty days of John Gray and just sit back and be like, what it's really good? You? What else is good? Being the kid of sportsbooks, bet MGM Right now you can download the bet MGM app or go to betmgm dot com. Use the promo code leading off. You can go tonight that ten dollars to win two hundred. That's it doesn't matter what the outcome is. All you gotta do is get involved in the game, get some skin in the game. Use the promo code leading off. That's one word of bet MGM, the King of sportsbooks. And today we've had some fun things. Here we're gonna talk about the line. We have the American League as favored one and a half, the Juices plus one sixty eight over on that line. Here we have the money line just to win outright, the American League at minus one oh six, the National League minus one ten. The total is seven and a half. Welsh is a very good number, as all all Star games are. Do you think it goes the over or the under man?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just such a crew of pitch I would go with the over. I think on this, I think there's just some massive offense at the top that it could stutter a little bit. The NL is littered with relievers, and I think the back half is going to be a heavy, heavy amount of relievers, which I think could get hit just a tiny bit. More So, I guess I would lean the over. I would not bet the line anywhere. I guess if you did, you would want to take the two runs on the American League, but I don't really like those. I would stick to the over total for me, and that would be seven and a half.
Speaker 1: All right. You also have All Star MVP the odds for Otani at the top plus four eight, the Iron Judge at plus six hundred, Vlad at plus eight fifty, which you think is awful, Like that is an awful setting. I don't know why he's up there. Goldshman at plus nine to fifty. Excuse me, go Mookie Betts at plus nine to fifty, Paul Goldshman at plus thirteen hundred, Gen Carl Stanton plus thirteen hundred. Do you like any of these top six favorites or do you like anybody in the long shots? To me, it's always a long shot guy who comes in later and like hits a bomb off a reliever, Like that's That's what I'm looking for. And I'm going tonight with my home run call for Julio Rodriguez, by the way, to do that, because the dude's locked it, So give me Julio off some slap nut reliever later in this game, and who knows he could win the MLB All Star Game MVP award.
Speaker 2: Just say that's a good point actually, because he will be coming in, knows where to hit him. It probably will be relief. I just told you a bunch of relievers in the NL. That's an interesting one. I think my bet here is one of my favorite things to do. I'm probably going three long shots, betting them all the same, slicing a little bit of the odds off, but going in that range, like maybe I take a ton one and then I take two long shots. I like Mooki just simply being hometown, and maybe something like Julio. Maybe I go a Judge Mooki and then one other long shot. I still throw a Kunya in there. I mean, I CuNi had a one seventeen ev I believe he's leading off, so I wouldn't throw him out of that. But I kind of like your Julio idea. That's a fun one as well. But I would go three. I would go three, even if you're a ten buck guy, just go ten to ten, get three of them and get some go.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I was just gonna say. Find three people, you know, find one of the big favorite guys maybe, I mean, Otani's always a good one, very public player, you know, So I get the Altoni one, you're still getting more than four to one on Altani. Take a Julio and then take somebody in the middle like that's that's that's the approach, that's what you do and have some fun. You'll take thirty bucks, maybe hit one. If you don't, you don't, it's a good time. But if you take I would I would suggest this be in for a penny, in for a pound, Like, if you're gonna take three American League guys, you might as well bet the American League to win two and see if you can put that all together.
Speaker 2: That's a great point. And if and if you go, you know, the one and a half runs, you're getting almost one and a half on your money.
Speaker 1: If you're right now on fandom. So I would I would strongly look at that. Look at what bet MGM has to offer you as well, where we have our leading off promo there. So Welsh, do you have somebody who thinks gonna go yard tonight? I'm going Julio. Who are you going with?
Speaker 2: Ooh? Big night tonight. Let's see I'm gonna go I'm gonna go Judge. I think Judge is gonna put off a big, big homer. Would have loved to see him in the home run contest and.
Speaker 1: Definitely would have been fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would have been fun. You know what else would be fun? What if we got like a MIGI or pool Holes bomb tonight. That would be the legacy guys would more likely. I feel like, but I want Julio. I want Julio to do it. I would love for the young kid to get it. But if we want to play the speculation game and the conspiracy side, let's get one Soto again. Let's get one Soto in the MVP of this. Let's get him hitting a homer, and then let's just laugh ourselves to sleep for the next two weeks of rumors. Becauseladies and gentlemen, it's gonna be a wild couple weeks. So make sure you guys are hanging out with us because the trade deadline, oh my god, be nutting.
Speaker 1: The trade deadline is gonna be super fun. I might have to like, I think we're gonna get action well before the trade deadline, though, I really do. I wish the break, you know, because I think that with the the extra wildcard, like the expanded playoffs, I think put more pressure on teams to make moves earlier, like you don't want to wait to the deadline. I think also going to be dead to.
Speaker 2: Move off, like there's a diamondbacks for one of those that could have been selling off way earlier and have not. And when it comes, you know, push comes to shove here, there are teams that are gonna have to make those decisions. So I think the lack of moves is to what you're saying. But that's why you are potentially gonna have a flurry of teams that have to you know, you.
Speaker 1: Will get two waves. I think you're gonna get an early wave here out of the break of bigger trades, and then you're gonna get that Okay, we really are out of it, let's start dumping. You'll get some surprise deadline. But I think any of the montass Castillo, even Sodo deals, I don't think they're going to be deadline day yields. They really don't. I'd be surprised. I think they're gonna get worked out ahead of time, maybe closer to it. But I think it's I'm telling you, buckle up, Buttercup, It's gonna be fun. I know. August first is the day where I'm not supposed to, you know, be doing baseball anymore. But August second, I might have to pop in here and do the show. I mean, like, I mean, let's be honest, we might have to come in here. If it's a huge trade deadline and if there's a Sodo trade. I mean, I feel like we have to do some sort of you know, special event. I mean I kind of agree.
Speaker 2: I might have to put that on the schedule. Joe might have to come back at least.
Speaker 1: If it's the METS, I'll be in the hospital trying to recover.
Speaker 2: Actually, you know what, if you're not allowed back on.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna I'm gonna be looking like, you know, like was that the party Monster. That's what I'm gonna look like. I'm gonna have all the beads with the sunglasses. I'll wear my crown, the whole thing. If one so it is a Met, that is gonna be the greatest show in the history of the universe.
Speaker 2: I will be a not safe for work show.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, get all the beats ready, it's gonna be crazy town. Enjoy the All Star Game tonight. We'll be back again tomorrow. Tomorrow show Welsh and I are going to update our rest of season ranks. We're gonna have some debate about that. Our top fifteen to twenty pitchers, We're gonna go through those guys. We're gonna go through our top overall players too. For those dynasty leagues or the keeper leagues where you think you're out of it, who are really the best ten assets in fantasy. We're gonna talk about all that. So just because there's no baseball being played on Wednesday, we're gonna be here still talking plenty of fantasy because there's a lot left in the season to go. That'll and of course check out ITL and in This League podcast where Welsh has all that prospect stuff. If you're in dynasty leagues and you're not listening to Prospect one, if you are not paying attention to what Welsh does on spots like CBS on stuff in this league, you're crazy. So go join the itail army over on Patreon today. They do football content over there. Him and Bogman. You know these are our people here so please go support those two guys and all the great work they do. But again, you, Eric Cross, to me, that is the short list of people that in terms of prospects, it doesn't get any better than those two guys, in terms of breaking it down for your dynasty league.
Speaker 2: So Thursday on itl offenis baseball, Eric Cross.
Speaker 1: Oh my yeah, I mean come on, go right now, what's the lowest Patreon you can do on on this?
Speaker 2: You get like a buck, They're not gonna do much.
Speaker 1: Five bucks, five five dollars. Come on, I mean, you know, come on, five bucks, five bucks for all that content, good times. All right, that will do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time, kids, Pea