Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Oh we did it. We made it to a Thursday. It's our one. Morale is high, ready to go. It's Heisman Thursday. Here kind of we have Joe Burrow, Robert Griffin, the Third, Bryce Young and Mark Sanchez.
Speaker 3: If Fox that is come on.
Speaker 2: That's not nice. I said to Todd, I don't know do we want Mark Sanchez on a day with all these Heisman quarterbacks? We love Mark Sanchez.
Speaker 4: You didn't tell them who the other guests was.
Speaker 2: Oh you didn't?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: Could I be? Fright?
Speaker 2: Stat of the Day brought to you by Penani America, the official trading cards of the program. This first hour brought to you by the great folks at tire rack dot com. Official tire expert at the DP show. Go to tire rack dot com. Slash dam tried the Tire Decision Guide, full lineup of Goodyear tires, special offers, free roade, hazard protection, mobile tire installation, tire rac dot com The way tire buying should be. Thank you to everybody who was there last Nighty Tip Patina's a wonderful musical landmark there with Dan Levitard and had some fun for an hour or so. All the dan ats, all the backroom guys, everybody came except for I knew that was coming Todd.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I was not there for that. Yeah, but it was not about not supporting you. I just was. I was like, it was like a mini protest.
Speaker 5: And I ended up meeting a.
Speaker 6: Very nice couple and some kids at the hotel and took their era for an hour, went for a walk around Bourbon Street, the French Quarter.
Speaker 4: I got it worked out in almost went in the pool and Jacuzzi.
Speaker 2: No, I don't care what you did.
Speaker 4: Almost, but I.
Speaker 6: Didn't want you to take it as like, you know, everyone came to support me and be there for me. I go to your stand up comedy and you decide to blow off my thing. But you could I guess you could feel that is true, but it wasn't meant to like I didn't like go out of my way. You know what, I'm gonna really stick it to Dan. I bet you everyone's going to show up and they hold his hand, and I'm going.
Speaker 5: To be the only one.
Speaker 2: You were the only one not there hold his hand. Yeah, you just had to show up. You didn't have to do anything.
Speaker 4: I was taking every bood.
Speaker 2: He was there, big german was there.
Speaker 6: Dylan was there right into the big german in the elevator goes, you're coming downstairs, right you go?
Speaker 4: Actually, I wasn't gonna head over there. Oh you're gonna hear crap about that tomorrow.
Speaker 2: He knew it was covered eight seven seven three DP Show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show. Good morning if you're watching on Peacock, and our radio affiliate says, well, yes, see, what were you protesting Todd?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh boy, why are you protesting tippatinas legendary music?
Speaker 2: Awesome man, really really cool place. I went there thirty seven years ago with my wife when we took the bike trip from Atlanta to New Orleans and we nearly ended our marriage going from Atlanta to New Orleans six days. Oh on Hattiesburg, Yes, I think it was. I think we were in Mississippi. I think we were in like Gulf Port or Jackson or something like that. But U five hundred miles six days, and that'll test your marriage, by the way. And we ended up at tip Patina's having some some beers watching the radiators and all of a sudden we forgot everything that that at that transpired those previous six days came away stronger from us. Yes we did. Yeah, we're still together. I have not been on that bike in thirty seven years. For you, I said to my wife. We got to New Orleans and I said, hun, pack it up. I'm not riding it again. And I still have that bike and I've never ridden it. Protesting years later, Yeah, I had a protest with my bike. Todd had a protest against.
Speaker 4: We all have to take a stand sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We don't stand for something, you fall for everything. Isn't that what they said?
Speaker 6: I heard that activist Tip Patina's with them. It's not Tip and Tina's. It's not two people that are No.
Speaker 2: It's not. If you have gone you would have noticed.
Speaker 4: I was curious what the origin of that? It's an interesting name.
Speaker 2: Well, why are you asking me now? Why not google it? I had plenty of time last night to google it.
Speaker 4: I did have a couple couple of side minutes.
Speaker 8: All right, Yes, Paul Tippo, Tina says creole for I don't support my boss.
Speaker 2: The best of you guys, holding Dan's hand the whole time. Dan Lebatard's entire staff was there. Everybody was there.
Speaker 4: They talk while you guys are about then open up the door. I'm gonna walk through.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what Stut's tried to make a night about himself.
Speaker 3: Stut very well. You knew the minute he entered the building. You knew the minute he left the building, because that was show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, LeBatard sidekicked Gotts.
Speaker 5: I didn't hear him at all every time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was in the back yelling. But other than that, it was a great night, had a wonderful night.
Speaker 4: Was there an intermission? Did they give it a playbill of what was going on over there?
Speaker 2: Toddys not a joke? Okay, they were the curtains opening. I opened my heart last night to our audience, and you weren't there.
Speaker 5: Much to your dismissed.
Speaker 2: Yes, Dan, we are here. Were you today?
Speaker 3: I want to talk about the many things that make you the great man that you are.
Speaker 2: We are also privileged to be here. That's about Dan Levatards.
Speaker 4: That's quite good.
Speaker 2: It was a deep dive and I I just kept He wanted to talk about, you know, my personal journey and my health, and I just was like, no, I don't think so. I don't want to do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: There was a point where Dan Levatard asked Dan Patrick what was love like in the house, and I was like, oh, man, we might have.
Speaker 8: To go see Dan. I was yelling up, there's a trade, there's been a train.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Butler. Jimmy Butler, I like, what the hell? I don't know, man, I thought that I was there with Sally, Jesse, Raphael or doctor Phil. You know I can't get me to cry.
Speaker 4: No, no, then I'll stop doing what you're doing. Dan in the bedroom. That's not gonna work. Your walking around with a hag.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we need to say that. That had nothing to do with last night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how would he know? He wasn't there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have no idea. Yeah, he can't even comment. How was Long Order Punk?
Speaker 4: Everybody loves Raymond first of them.
Speaker 2: Welcome to New Orleans. Joe Burrow will join us, coming up here in a little bit. RG three, Robert Griffith Junior the third, Bryce Young and then Mark Sanchez. Some of the headlines there. The Warriors got Jimmy Butler. I told you I spoke to somebody on Monday who is affiliated with Golden State, and he said, we're desperate. Quote, we're desperate, and I'm like, okay. And they had been kind of, uh, basically trying to get somebody something to happen here. But you start to look at Steph and Draymond, Well the window is sort of open and if you're going to do something for Steph. To me, there's no downside. You got Jimmy Butler for two years. There's a lot of money. Yes, we know what he does in the playoffs. Who you gave up? You kept some of your young, younger players. This is it, this is last call. You got Steph at what thirty seven, Jimmy at thirty five. They didn't get Durant. You still have Draymond Green. That'll be fun to see how Jimmy Butler and Draymond Green co exist. They will be a really good defensive minded team. Yes, Paul, I.
Speaker 9: Actually thought the opposite.
Speaker 8: Those two guys are a couple of killers, and especially in the playoffs, I think they're not playing against each Oh, yeah, I don't think so. I thought Jimmy Butler it's perfect for a playoff player.
Speaker 2: It's Draymond doesn't fit in perfectly. That's the problem. Yes, Marv.
Speaker 10: On NBA teams, there's only room for one bleep a team, and now the Warriors have two.
Speaker 9: One bleeper team, two bleepers.
Speaker 3: When's the last time Jimmy Butler joined somebody else's team and it went well?
Speaker 2: He's third, at least third on the depth chart there. I it's desperate times, desperate times. They they tried, they rolled the dice. They got Jimmy Butler. Yes, Mark, last call at the club, it is? It was, it's one fifty one fifty eight in the morning, Yes, it is. We better win right now? Yeah, Lakers traded Dalton Connect to Charlotte for Mark Williams. Hell the yes, like he's got to go, Marcus, marky something. You can't be Mark with Anybody know who Mark Williams was prior to today.
Speaker 5: I went to high school with Mark Williams.
Speaker 2: We all went to high school. Williams. Yeah, I think he's a CPA. I'm sorry, I'm Mark Williams High Mark. Uh So he went to Duke. First of all, he was a sophomore drafted, So right there, I'm like, not good enough to go first year went to Duke. It's hard not to know somebody went to Duke right Mark, Normally you're like, oh, yeah, that guy he played with they went to the final four?
Speaker 6: Yes, what does don connect tell friends and family? You got the Lakers traded in.
Speaker 4: Who did they get it?
Speaker 2: Mark Williams, Mark Williams, But Dalton Kentuck's going to play a lot and uh, you know with with Charlotte but Mark Williams. Okay, this is one of those things. Report. The report was that Luca wanted a big man that he could ally up to. Now you don't have Anthony Davis, Mark Williams, and Mark Williams has some nice numbers. You get a big man. I don't think he's a shot blocker, but you know, you you get the feeling of he's twenty three and maybe you get somebody who's going to be there and develop.
Speaker 8: Yes, Pully, does this feel a little Clint Capella ish? He averages sixteen and ten, he's twenty three years old. He doesn't need the ball a lot. I think this is a positive.
Speaker 2: For Yes, I think the Lakers did well. I do. I think this was a smart move by them. Yes see, yeah, right, they needed a big man who doesn't want the ball.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and I get it.
Speaker 2: Perfect, and the Pelicans traded brandon Ingram to the Raptors. You know the oracle. You know who the oracle is, right, Jake and Los Angeles, JA and La. Yeah, Jake in la Is Jake and Louisiana. Now say he works for the Pelicans still, La. Yes, So I see Jake and I go, hey, what are the Pels going to do? And he goes, I can't tell you that. I go, wait, you're a friend of the show. He goes, no, I worked for the Pelicans. I go, Jake, you're gonna trade brandon Ingram. I don't know anything about that. Well coached, I know, I know, he didn't say anything to me. I go, okay, I said you're gonna trade brandon Ingram. Brandon Ingram got traded to the Raptors. Now you know brandon Ingram's got He's always in the Hall of Goodish and puts up nice numbers where you go, Okay, there's a few of those guys in the NBA. Where you go, well, he's averaging twenty three and you know, six and six and.
Speaker 5: They all play for the Sacramento Kings.
Speaker 2: Now brandon Ingram, Yeah, so he's going to the Raptors. Now, so that was some of the and we still have the rest of today with the trade deadline. That's what for Eastern I believe that the NBA trade deadline poll question today Seaton, what are we gonna go with here? Uh?
Speaker 3: Who got most Betterer? Heat Warriors, Lakers, Spurs.
Speaker 2: Heat Warriors Lakers.
Speaker 3: But maybe if we don't want to do most Betterer, if we could do who's closer.
Speaker 2: To a title? Oh, we could do some version of those seem to be the big one. I would say Dallas is closer to a title. I would say the Spurs did the best in my opinion, because you know, you get Dearon Fox and Daron Fox. He is a sniper man. You go twenty four and thirteen in your debut on He's gonna make win Ben Yama the best player in the game in the next two years. And he gives you that. You know you have the big man, and you have the point guard. I mean, the NBA is littered with that down through the years. Now, granted, the NBA is positionless, but I still believe in having that point guard, that guy who can put you in the right position and you know he's gonna run your offense, and that's what you have with Taron Fox. Love that. I love that trade for them, But I like what the Lakers did. I don't love what the Lakers did because you're still trying to figure out where are they going and you still have Lebron, you know, but they you know, you got Lebron who's still there, and I don't know the impact he'll have he wants to have, he can have over the next year or two.
Speaker 3: Yeah see, But is what the what the Lakers are doing this year any different than what the Warriors are doing? The Warriors are now, Yeah, I mean I kind of feel like the Lakers are too.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 3: The Lakers are like, we got we don't have this, we don't have Lebron for very much longer.
Speaker 2: We need to win right now too. I don't even think they're thinking about that. I think they're thinking down the road. So you got a twenty three year old, You got Luca who's twenty five, so they got younger. You still have Lebron. But I don't know if they said, boy, let's get Lebron another title. Golden State is basically saying, let's try one more time. I don't know if the Lakers thought process was the same.
Speaker 3: So then does that mean that they don't like Dalton connect or because if you're looking to building towards the future, you're keeping him right.
Speaker 2: Well, but you got a twenty three year old center too, so they're both twenty three years of age. Yeah, and they do like Dalton connect I mean, you can't help but liking him. As Marvin said, if Dalton connect was eighteen years of age coming from Europe, he would have been maybe the second pick in the draft, he would, you know that? Instead he's like, oh, he played in the SEC and he's twenty three years of age transferred there, Yes, Marvin, So if.
Speaker 10: You trade for Luca, you're not trying to win a title, don't. I know he's young, but well, you're trying to win a title.
Speaker 2: I don't think you're closer to winning a title than Dallas is. I think Dallas is closer to winning a title now. I think Luca is now, but also really in the next two years. Yes, but didn't Luca get Dallas to the finals last year? He did? He did? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So expectations are if you have Luca and Lebron.
Speaker 2: At least for two years, who goes farther.
Speaker 5: The Hornets.
Speaker 2: Who goes farther this year? Lakers or Mavericks Pi to the face.
Speaker 5: Damn, we just have a good sports radio conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn.
Speaker 5: What was love like?
Speaker 2: I've never had somebody ask me what was love like in your house growing up? What dude, what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 5: Levatar was like, I want to know what love is.
Speaker 4: What I want you to show me on you.
Speaker 2: And you could have sang that last night and tippetina is if you had gone with it. Yes, all right, let's see if does Joe still want to join us?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're gonna call it audible or go right back to the hotel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's true. Last time we had him on was his first year when he was in Miami, and there was a really cool moment when when Joe came out or Joe was done with the interview and Russell Wilson came out and then it's almost like that welcome to the NFL. Russ is like here, take my digits, and Seatan was like, man, that's one of the coolest things I've ever seen. It's like you saw somebody like crossover from college to the pros.
Speaker 3: There's like that, there's this whole One of the things that I love so much about the draft is that it's like literally the moment someone's dreams came true.
Speaker 2: Right, you did it.
Speaker 3: You started as a kid and you're like, man, someday I hope to play in the NFL. And then now you just did it. You just got drafted. You just like shook the commissioner's hand. And it was in between the end of the football season and the draft, and so Joe Burrow was like just on this ride of it starting to happen and seeing a guy like Russell Wilson be like what's up baby, you know, and like, you know you're in the club now, Man, here's my number. You need anything, call me Like, yeah, you're in now because you're one of us. I just think those are like the coolest moments.
Speaker 2: The NFL is going to play a game in Australia. I think next year we're going to play the game of who is going to be subjected to going to Australia to play an NFL game That'll mess up your body clock for like four days. I remember going to Sydney. When I got there and then when I came back. I was messed up for a while. NFL Players Association said no, no eighteen game season. Right, all right, we'll take a break. We'll settle on our poll question. And it's sort of Hall of Fame or Heisman Thursday with Joe Burrow. And let's see. We got Bryce Young joining us. We have Robert Griffin Junior the third joining us and Mark Sanchez. We'll take a break. We're back after this and the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot Com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 11: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 12: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 11: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 12: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world.
Speaker 11: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well, other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss and the fact.
Speaker 12: That we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right, So.
Speaker 11: Check us out. We like to get you involved too. Take your phone calls, chop it up.
Speaker 12: As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the.
Speaker 2: Most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 11: Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: Joe Burrow will join us coming up here in New Orleans. By the way, it's meet Thursday Chad and Julie from Treger. Outside. We have a whole gator. We have alligator bites, catfish, shrimp, red beans and rice, gumbo, jumbalaya, Cajun corn, po boys, and hurricane cocktails. Who has it better than we do? No body? Absolutely, yes, pony.
Speaker 9: Wow, that is a one seed meal.
Speaker 2: I know, a hole gator.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I saw it. It's it's smoking, it's nice as gorgeous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said, where'd you get the whole gator. And Chad said, I out by the airport. It just caught it the airport, wrestled it. I don't know if you've seen Chad, it can take down, get hands in the swamp, or just pulled it out by what's the uh, what's the poll question? Before we bring in jie Bra. We're gonna go closest to a ring?
Speaker 3: And your five options are Laker Spurs, Warriors, uh heat, and whoever that other team was?
Speaker 2: The Mavericks in there? Naps? Thanks, okay, you have Mavericks in there? All right. He's Joe Burrow. He is joining us on behalf of the great folks at FedEx the Aaron Ground NFL Player of the Year Awards. Please welcome the comeback Player of the Year, Joe Burrow joining us on the program. Right, yeah, he's ready to go. Joe, you can sit over here, get closer to me. Yeah, come on over here, Yeah, over here, I'll proaper check to your blind side. It's been a while, I think the last time Miami.
Speaker 13: Yeah, a long time ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I remember asking you where'd your confidence come from? And you said you've always had it. But at what point do you go, Dad, I think I got confidence. Mom, I've got confidence here.
Speaker 13: I mean it grows throughout the years.
Speaker 14: You know, when when you're in high school, in middle school, you're you're pretty confident, and then you get to college and you're not quite as confident for a couple of years, and then you get some confidence back, and then you get to the NFL and maybe you lose some more confidence, and then it continues to grow, you know, the more you play in that particular.
Speaker 13: Structure of football.
Speaker 2: But who do you talk to when you have that like I don't even know if I know how to play this game or you have that bad game that who picks you up.
Speaker 14: I've always been very blessed with the people around me being very you.
Speaker 13: Know, calm wise and smart.
Speaker 14: So I've had great friends, coaches, family, parents, my entire my entire life, so I've had I've always had people to to lean on in those hard moments.
Speaker 2: I would say, but when it doesn't work out at Ohio State, do you doubt yourself or how much do you doubt yourself? Yeah?
Speaker 13: One hundred percent, you doubt yourself. You don't know.
Speaker 14: I didn't play for three years and it wasn't because I was hurt. That wasn't a that wasn't a great feeling. I was working very hard and improving every single week and just never never put it all together there. And so I had, you know, my dad and both of my brothers played college ball, so I was able to talk to them about it, lean on them about their experiences and learning from them, and was able to graduate early and get out of there so I could go and play some football.
Speaker 2: Did you ever think about playing at Ohio University?
Speaker 13: I did, Yeah, I did.
Speaker 14: That was if I had gone there, I probably would have played both football and basketball.
Speaker 13: I was thinking about doing that. Uh, you know, Half State.
Speaker 14: Was really kind of one of my only, you know, power five, big, big time school offers, and if I didn't have one of those, I probably just.
Speaker 13: Would have stayed at OU and played both.
Speaker 2: Nil is pretty crazy. Now, you probably would have left earlier, I'm guessing at Ohio State with nil transfer portal. Yeah, probably the transfer portal.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I probably would have transferred much earlier than than I did, but I had to graduate to go and play.
Speaker 13: At the time, the transfer portal.
Speaker 14: Wasn't a thing when I was I think it became a thing the next year after I transferred, but I still.
Speaker 13: Think you had to sit out a year.
Speaker 2: Seems like yours was the first guy to take advantage of nil. When you know Quinn goes there, I don't think he he left during his senior year in high school, gone it, went to Ohio State, start making money there. He's sort of the poster child of n I L.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 14: I mean, you should take advantage of if you're going to be able to make seven figures, and in college, you got to go and take advantage of that, whether you're if you're in high school and you're getting offered that, go wherever they're paying you the most.
Speaker 2: The reason why the Bengals didn't make the playoffs is we just didn't make plays down the stretch in some of these games. We had a lot of these games won or they were tight and we had to lead in the fourth quarter and we just weren't able to close it out for a multitude of reasons.
Speaker 14: And you know, we had some bad luck too. That's part of life in the NFL. Some years you have good luck, some years you have bad. We had pretty bad luck, but we had we had the opportunity to close out some games that.
Speaker 13: That we didn't.
Speaker 2: Take me back to Week two against the Chiefs.
Speaker 13: We played pretty well in that game.
Speaker 2: What about the Pennsy interference call.
Speaker 13: You know everybody's bringing that one up this week.
Speaker 2: Well, because the Chiefs were in the super Bowl and everybody thinks they get favorable calls. Yeah, you had. You had a good vantage point there.
Speaker 13: If I was the.
Speaker 14: Quarterback of that offense, I would have been frustrated if we didn't get that pass interference call.
Speaker 13: I would say so.
Speaker 2: If you're Mahomes, you would have been upset if you didn't get that, even if it was in Cincinnati and Kansas City.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 14: I mean, it was a close. It was close in that moment. If I was in the second quarter, it's pass interference nine times out of ten in that moment. It's probably a fifty to fifty coin toss. But I don't blame them for that one.
Speaker 2: Okay. Do you think Kansas City gets favorable treatment?
Speaker 13: Everybody does. It just depends on.
Speaker 2: The game you get favorable treatment.
Speaker 13: I wouldn't say that.
Speaker 2: You said everybody does well.
Speaker 13: Some games you get some calls, some games you don't. That's how it goes.
Speaker 2: But you know, if I would have said your numbers. You got the receiving triple crown and you got the sack leader. It's almost impossible not make the playoffs if you have those numbers there.
Speaker 13: It's definitely strange. Definitely a strange year.
Speaker 2: And when you lost to New England, I said on that Monday, I said, that's going to come back and haunt you guys. Sorry to bump you down.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you guys have been really happy.
Speaker 2: Well, there's the career at LSU. You did great there.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when's the last time you've been back to Baton Rouge.
Speaker 14: I try to get back there once a year. Usually I have some kind of event at the at the spring game. I didn't make it last year, but the year before I did.
Speaker 2: What do people say when they see you here in New Orleans?
Speaker 13: They get excited.
Speaker 14: Uh, everybody's always very appre of the things that we did while we were here. The last time I was in New Orleans was for the National Championship, So that brings back some good memories.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now I'll bum you out again. You played the Eagles and they roughed you up as well.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: How often do you stare over the line of scrimmage and you see Jayleen, you want to make sure you know where Jalen Carter is.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they got some.
Speaker 14: They definitely have a lot of a lot of guys up front that can make your life tough.
Speaker 13: But you know, on our division, we play a lot of those guys.
Speaker 14: So it feels like every single week we're playing a Miles Garrett or a T. J. Watt or a Jalen Carter or Cam Hayward. So I think that's just life in the NFL.
Speaker 2: But who makes you a little more I don't want to say nervous, but a little more aware of where he is when you go to the line of scrimmage? Is there one player that stands out more than anybody else?
Speaker 14: Chris Jones Because there's not a lot of guys after Aaron Donald retired, there's not a ton of interior guys that can cause as much disruption as he can. And he's fast, he's athletic, he gets back there fast. They move them all around. They play him at end, they play him inside, they play him left right. He just kind of depends on what offensive lineman he wants to rush against.
Speaker 2: Who had a better defense? The Eagles are the Chiefs.
Speaker 14: Well, that's tough to say. I would say they were both difficult to go against. The Chiefs are always on third down, they're always tough. Third defensive coordinator is so good. You never really know where the pressure is coming from.
Speaker 2: But explain that though you know something's happening, you go to the line of scrimmage, you're trying to figure out what it is and where's it coming from.
Speaker 14: Yeah, they'll put two guys up there, and then in the line of scrimmage, they'll have a linebacker either in the A gap or the B gap, and then another linebacker in the other B gap. And then they could bring the corner and that linebacker to the right, or they could bring the nickel and that linebacker to the left.
Speaker 13: And you kind of just have to guess and.
Speaker 14: Feel their demeanor and see if they're gonna if you think they're gonna bail, if you think they're gonna come, because they could bring it both signs.
Speaker 2: Okay, what is the tell like you're looking for somebody, if they're leaning a little bit or yeah.
Speaker 13: Wait wait on a on a foot.
Speaker 14: Eyes communication a lot of times can give it away.
Speaker 13: But they I would say, they make it the hardest.
Speaker 2: Take me to the line of scrimmage, you're gonna change the play. So you're there, you see the defense, and then you know, now you're gonna go okay, this is what I think. You have two plays when you go to line of scrimmage.
Speaker 13: Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't.
Speaker 14: Usually on third down you do because you you know you have tendencies based on the down and distance.
Speaker 2: Give me a real audible, I'll give you.
Speaker 13: A shorter one.
Speaker 14: Uh trips right, eighteen straight can nineteen wash.
Speaker 2: So you're just gonna throw it up to Jamar Chase.
Speaker 13: That was a round. That was a round play. But oh, I can always just go easy easy. Jamar is over there, one on one, so.
Speaker 2: Easy easy is Jamar? Here it comes?
Speaker 13: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: Okay. How often have you thought back to that final play of the Super Bowl. Not for a while. We brought it up, but Joe Burrow won a Heisman Trophy joining us here. But I thought, if you if Aaron doesn't get you, Jamar scores a touchdown.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 14: I would have had to wait a little bit longer because the safety was cheated off the hash a little bit to Jamar's side because we had already thrown a go route early in the game in that same look to Jamar on the go on the other side, going the other way on that field, and so the safety was smart.
Speaker 13: He'd started cheating over that way. So I had to try to look him off.
Speaker 14: And you know, by the time I was gonna come back to it, didn't have didn't have that time.
Speaker 2: Daron got on you quickly.
Speaker 13: He got on you quick. Yeah, he would do that.
Speaker 2: There's there's very few players like him. And when he came out of college, nobody really knew anything about Aaron Donald. He you know, what's speech all.
Speaker 14: It's not as big as you expect him to be, but boy was he strong and fast. He would get back there so fast.
Speaker 2: All right, let me hear the plug here. Let's see if you can give me your best Peyton Manning FedEx Air and Ground NFL Player of the Year Awards to let's hear how it.
Speaker 13: Sounds my Peyton Manning.
Speaker 2: No the way you you know, Peyton's always selling everything, so he uses you know, salesman here. Okay, well, promoting stuff here.
Speaker 7: I won.
Speaker 14: I won the Air and Ground Player of the Year in twenty twenty two, so that was exciting to have two of those would be fun. Now that they have non quarterbacks involved, I think it would be pretty cool for me and me and Jamar to win it together. So I think that would be a cool You have a vote, No, I don't get I don't get it.
Speaker 2: They should.
Speaker 14: It's not like a high It's not like the Heisman where the post winners get a vote.
Speaker 2: Who did you vote for for the Heisman?
Speaker 13: Who did I vote for? Travis Hunt? I voted for Travis Hunt?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, okay, where's your heisman?
Speaker 13: Don't worry about that.
Speaker 2: Why.
Speaker 14: I just had too many things going okay, crazy people, You're right, Okay.
Speaker 13: I don't need people knowing where I keep things.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, my bad. I know that you went through tough time.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did you get things back to be determined? Okay? Yeah, we've seen that with a bunch of athletes around the country.
Speaker 13: Though, So yeah, crazy times out here.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah in my hometown. By the way, where's that Cincinnati?
Speaker 13: I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's cool.
Speaker 13: From what high school? Did you go to?
Speaker 2: Mason?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 13: Nice?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Cool?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You saw the statue when.
Speaker 13: I think it's twenty feet tall. Now they keep having to it.
Speaker 2: Do you care who wins Super Bowl Sunday?
Speaker 13: No, not really.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna watch?
Speaker 14: I'll watch the second half probably, Okay, I'll be flying back.
Speaker 2: Okay before that. But you have a party?
Speaker 14: No, I won't to have a party. Maybe you have somebody over for the second half. No, there's not a lot of people in Cincinnati right now.
Speaker 2: Well, you can make friend, can't you don't you have regular friend?
Speaker 13: You're gonna make friends?
Speaker 2: It's the uh are you sorry? You came on? You know? Do we need to try this again next year? Where?
Speaker 13: Oh I'm kind of some fun.
Speaker 2: I gotta rup a little bit here. Come on, I made you uncomfortable in the pocket, and I was rooting for you to make the playoffs there I think everybody was the twenty second annual FedEx Air and Ground NFL Player of the Year Awards, and you are a nominee. So they're gonna announce this later tonight at NFL Honors.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think it'll be great.
Speaker 2: All right, it's great to see you, Thanks for joining us, Thanks for having me. He's Joe Burrow. We'll take a break. Play in the day is up next.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAP, Oh my god, no play of the day.
Speaker 2: This is the play of the day.
Speaker 4: Check this out.
Speaker 1: The Calves are out of time out. They need to go ninety four feet. Man got to Garlin carry us goin halver the timeline.
Speaker 12: Going for the winds with the dogger.
Speaker 2: Let's finish the pistons here tonight. It's your play of the day, Darius Garland twenty five points or more twenty times this season. That's courtesy of fan Duel Sports Network, Ohio. Play of the Day brought to you my Keeper's Ard. It's a new unique style of whiskey that combines the best of Irish and American whiskey, creating a smooth character of Irish whiskey in the bold flavors of American whiskies. If you're a whiskey fan, try it. It'll be a great game day companion there alrighty, update the poll results if you can seat and so far? Yeah, we got up there. Right now, who is closer to a ring?
Speaker 3: Your choices are Heat, Warriors, Lakers, Spurs, and MAVs. Right now, there's basically a tie at first between the MAVs and the Spurs. Okay, I think that's interesting. It feels a little premature.
Speaker 2: For the Spurs. It is premature for the Spurs. Then you have Lakers Warriors heater in last place there. Yeah, heat culture is gonna have to wait till next year. I everybuilding, Yeah that era, yes, yeah, yeah, all right, So age seven seven to three DP show email address DPA Danpatrick dot com. Caleb in Pennsylvania. Hi Caleb, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 7: Five nine and a hard one thirty?
Speaker 2: My dad has has.
Speaker 7: Had in the show for a long time.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Wish my brother Ryan a happy birthday today. He's turing seventeen. Oh all right, Ryan's birthday today?
Speaker 3: A ryany great, great.
Speaker 2: Awesome, Thank you, Caleb. Let's see Birch in Connecticut. Hi Birch, Hey, how you doing then, great Birch.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 15: Have two Super Bowl predictions for you, so one being I think the Chiefs win by multiple scores. And secondly, I think the MVP is going to be a Chief linebacker. I think it got the most underrated linebacking core in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Well, it's hard for a linebacker to win unless they have a scoop and score X number of sacks a couple of interceptions. So you know that's a question. I'm going to ask Robert Griffin. The third coming up top of the eye of the team that is more likely to blow out the opposition, Kansas City or Philadelphia. I think most people think the Eagles would be the team to blow somebody out. But what happens in the Super Bowl is when you start to lose, then you start to press a little bit, then you make mistakes, and then it's sort of metastasizes. It's this avalanche that happens. And you see these blowouts sometimes where teams are trying to make something happen. It's not like, hey, we're going to lose this game. We're playing next week. This is it and now you to press a little bit. Luke and Charlotte, Hi, Luke, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 7: Well, Dan, we love love. So I'd like to make a bet pretty long odds. I will say that when the Chiefs win, Travis Kelcey will propose to Taylor on the podium and I'll take a pie of the faith. But I'm wondering what some proper winnings would be since since those would be some pretty long odds.
Speaker 2: Okay, anybody want to take a piece of Luke and Charlotte? And what are we going to give him if it does happen? Marvin, I'm taking that bet, okay, But what does Luke get in return? Do we do a DP show gift pack? All right? Luke? So Marvin's going to take you up on that bet. That sounds good to me, all right, thank you, Luke. I don't know what's in the gift pack, we don't have them, But he doesn't know that hey Ton.
Speaker 6: And Kelsey seems like the romantic type that he'd want to do it in some special place quiet, just the two of them. And I also think that he doesn't want to share the moment of a super Bowl win at a three peat and make that the same night that he would propose.
Speaker 8: Are you saying that Travis Kelcey seems like the private, romantic type and not the guy to do public things.
Speaker 2: And and I think when it comes to.
Speaker 6: Kyla Swift and proposing, you know, to get married, that's probably not the venue to do that. And the other things in his life, podcasts and look at me and whatever he wants to get attention for but for the if he's gonna propose, he's not gonna share the three Peat night with his teammates, and it's then it's gonna be all about him proposing and somehow a little less about the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: So you think it would be kind of like my family member getting engaged at my wedding, exactly like that. Okay, yeah, but this is kind of worldwide.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it's still is in the same ilk of like, don't ruin someone's night, that's their night and you can find your own day.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think when you're proposing, it's not about you, it's about the person that you're proposing to. So like, I know my wife, if I went to like took her to Fenway and did it up on the JumboTron, no matter how much she loved me, she would be.
Speaker 2: Like, nope, doing it. No.
Speaker 3: If you like, if you thought that that was a good idea, then you don't know me at all. You know, that's very much how she would have reacted to that. Yes, Marvin, for sure.
Speaker 10: I proposed to my wife at Rockefeller Center and I didn't get down on one knee. Why she was like, Marvin, if you do it in public, She told me this, if you do it in public, stand up because I don't want people to see you proposing to me and everyone's all congratulations and all that stuff. She's like mm hmm, No, she's not like.
Speaker 2: That, but you still did it in public.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a long story. That's a long story about something that happened.
Speaker 10: She thought I was gonna propose the last time we went to Rockefeller Center and she cried on the train ride home.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wow, So what was love like for you? What did you say on the trainer? Well? I didn't know.
Speaker 13: I just was it.
Speaker 2: Were you like, sorry? I didn't know that I was supposed to do that?
Speaker 6: Here?
Speaker 2: Were you like? Oh my bad?
Speaker 10: I didn't even see her cry like she was like crying like like almost like crying herself to sleep, like silent tears. Oh, I didn't even see it. I didn't even see it. On the Metro North going back home.
Speaker 2: Dang, she went like silent scream on you. Oh for sure. Yeah, you know, let a little kids start crying before you hear it.
Speaker 4: They go like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, then they go, that's what that's what love was like for me growing up.
Speaker 7: Dan.
Speaker 2: We don't we don't need to revisit that. We don't need to revisit that from last night, Damn levantard asking me what was love like in my family? I still don't even know how to answer that.
Speaker 4: I should have said, what's love got to do with it?
Speaker 15: That?
Speaker 2: Not to do what it got to do with it? It's a second hand emotion.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it is. If he was there, he would have known, if you.
Speaker 2: Would have been there last night, what love got to do? All right? I mentioned that the NFL is going to have a game in Australia in twenty twenty six. I said to Paulie, do we know the teams? And he said, when the announcement happened, we didn't know the teams. You know one of the teams that will be going to Australia.
Speaker 9: One of the two teams has been announced.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna let you guys guess the matchup around the room and I'll give it to you.
Speaker 2: Okay, Todd, I'll let you start the team that will one of the two teams that will be playing in Australia.
Speaker 4: The Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 2: By the way, the odds for Travis Kelcey to get engaged this, according to DraftKings, is eleven to one, eleven to one to have that happen after they win the Super Bowl, Marvin. One of the teams playing in Australia is.
Speaker 5: The Arizona Cardinals.
Speaker 2: Oh. Now, if you go from Arizona to Australia as opposed to be in an East Coast team going to Australia, do I get like Seattle, Seattle, See Seattle Sea. That's the guests right there, West Coast going there all?
Speaker 8: Is that your guest? Yes, it's wrong out of the forty nine ers, did you say that? Forty nuners also incorrect? But also West Coast? The game we played in Melbourne at the Melbourne Cricket Ground twenty twenty six, it'll include the Los Angeles Rams.
Speaker 3: Oh so close, the Los Angeles Rams of ANAHEUS Australia.
Speaker 8: Yes, each NFL team has international marketing regions, and Rams have China, Mexico, New Zealand, Japan and South Korea.
Speaker 2: See Pittsburgh is going to be Dublin. That makes the most sense. Okay, the opponent for the Rams in Australia. Do you have the list of teams that are eligible for this? Yes, they're considering.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the Seahawks the Niners, the Cardinals, the Cowboys, the Giants, the Chiefs of the Chargers.
Speaker 9: Those are the options.
Speaker 2: Oh, so the Seahawks could still be the right answer. You could be correct, I could be Why didn't they announce who the other team is?
Speaker 8: They didn't say They said the time date and the opposition would be announced at the late date.
Speaker 9: Maybe they want to trip it out and get the double he'll.
Speaker 6: Announce it during the NBA Finals. Whatever they could do to kind of ruin another sports movie.
Speaker 2: Hey, the NBA has done some damage this week to the Super Bowl coverage. I mean they did hijacket for a little bit and chade deadline later on today. Yes, but that's is that partially because there's no like great storyline here.
Speaker 3: I get the dynasty, the whole three peede or a Chief's peed or whatever you want to call it, but other than that, there's not a like super great storyline.
Speaker 2: Right well, these are also some big moves. Certainly what the Lakers did, I mean, that's truly a blockbuster deal that happened. That's I mean, Jimmy Butler, that wouldn't hijack the Super Bowl. But Luka Dancik and the Lakers. You know Lebron's involved in all of this, so I think that factors in an awful lot, all right. Coming up next hour, a couple of Heisman Trophy winners, Robert Griffin Junior the Third and Bryce Young, will stop by Mark Sanchez a little bit later on one hour. In the books, two more to go.