Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I Tim Statobek, along with Nora Melinda were joined by Bloomberg News Earnings reporter Red Brown.
Speaker 3: Read lot to choose from.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was you know, lately we haven't been so had such a bounty to pick from, so it's easy for me today. The first one I'm looking at is is Lucid group. That ticker on that one is Elcid. The big news today. Besides it, Tim will get to test drive another self driving car.
Speaker 3: Is that? Yeah? You see in twenty twenty six. I don't know, you tell me.
Speaker 4: I mean with Lucid, there is a lot of question marks around exactly that, whether or not. You know, in the past they have struggled to actually kind of hit some of their production targets. But this go around, I know, you guys are speaking with the CEO of the company today and saying that they will have the capacity to get these cars out. The news today, obviously, was the three hundred million deal that Lucid signed with Uber to launch self driving cars by next year, so it's it's another one of these deals that Uber is is doing to do to just kind of flood the market with as many options as they can.
Speaker 3: Have either of you been in a self driving car?
Speaker 5: I actually haven't. I don't know how I feel about them, to be honest.
Speaker 3: Okay, right, I'm afraid. I feel like I've been on the show set exactly that you know I used.
Speaker 1: I was once like you two, I was once afraid changed states.
Speaker 3: I went to.
Speaker 1: San Francisco late last year for an event, uh and I was with a friend and she said, have you ridden in a Waimo yet? And I said, no, I haven't. I you know, I don't really want to jump in one of those things. And she was like, you have to do it. You got to try it. And it was really her endorsement. And she said, you know, when we have friends come and visit, it's like a thing we do in San Francisco. You know, you used to ride the trolley, you go, you know, go to the pier and stuff. Well, tourist attraction to people getting waymos. And I did it once. She dropped me off at a place where I could get a WAYMO. I took it, and like every time I'm there, it's the only thing I take.
Speaker 5: But is it cheaper?
Speaker 1: Then it's like the same price as Zuber, Yeah, or cheaper, right, I compare them.
Speaker 3: I mean, but I wonder is it just still going to be like a party trick.
Speaker 4: But it seems like there's so much money going into it that at this point, like it feels like it really something we're all doing.
Speaker 1: So critics argue that yes, it works in a place like San Francisco, because of the mapping that they've done, because of the way the streets are laid out. It's being tested in Los Angeles, it's in Austin, Miami, They're going to do it in DC. They're going to test here in New York. I'm talking about Waymos specifically. I think the big question is whether or not they can pull this off. Weimo or anyone else can pull it off in a city like New York, right right, Like some other count the highways in San Francisco, it's just.
Speaker 5: Like okay, streets only yeah enough, what else are you looking at?
Speaker 6: Red?
Speaker 4: Another one on my radars is PEPSI. Obviously they had earnings today. It came out quite strong. The organic growth beat expectations. And you know, this company hasn't had a ton of momentum heading into this this report, but now up seven percent at the moment. That's the highest since April this year. So not that you know, they have had some good days so far, but I would really call my attention with this one was actually the reasons why they were doing well. So it's these things like, you know, people are getting healthier, they want more protein, they want smaller serving sizes, things like that, which I don't think we always associate with, you know, pepsi and coke and things like that, but you know it's kind of the momentum right now is behind the healthier options and companies are you know, making making sure that's available to their consumers.
Speaker 3: Poppy, Have you guys tried Poppy?
Speaker 6: I was just about to bring that up. I always mix Poppy up with the other one. There's I'm linking right now. It's Poppy versus There's so many different reasons point biotic, biotic, probiotic treats, and Pepsi is the owner correct for.
Speaker 3: Poppy, I believe, So yeah, Ollipop.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you resolving that have you tried?
Speaker 1: But that's supposed to be the growth area, right PEPs he made this big acquisition.
Speaker 4: Right yeah, I mean it's but in that same sort of thematic vein of like how can we be healthier? Right? So that is what consumers have been shouting out for so much. I mean, I will do it after. You know, you want something sweet after like a workout or whatever. It's like, you know, instead of getting a coke, you get a poppy and you don't feel so like you just wasted your last hour.
Speaker 5: Makes you feel better about yourself, right, that's important.
Speaker 4: Speaking of health, Yes, last one of my radar today is actually one of the worst performing stocks that's in the S and P five hundred. That's Elevan's Health. They are down around twelve percent at the moment, so that's that's right now trending towards a in one of the words, the lowest points in four years. So that came after the company cut its profit outlook for the year. And this is another theme that we've been tracking through all of the healthcare insurance is they're just having a really hard time dealing with healthcare costs the moment, United healthcare. Obviously the biggest name in this space has been for me, one of the most important I think stock stories of the year, just considering the amount of market cap that that company has lost, and we're just seeing it kind of play out through the rest of that industry, through the smaller players as well.
Speaker 5: And what's interesting, I saw Vital Knowledge.
Speaker 6: They put out a note essentially saying that the spacemen beating up valuations are cheap, so there's not much of a reason for people to buy the dip because fundamentals aren't likely to improve anytime soon.
Speaker 2: The Stockmovers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.